[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 59

File: Legacy's Allure_TE.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Legacy's Allure_TE.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>MTG EDH/Commander General
>Where's my bike-Edition

>Last time, on /edh/: >>52385123

>RESOURCES

>>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
>http://www.mtgcommander.net

>>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
>http://www.tappedout.net

>>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
>http://www.edhrec.com/

>>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
>http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>>Official search site. Current for all sets.
>http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
>http://magiccards.info/

>>Thread question
>What is your favorite card or way to steal spells or permanents? Do you keep the stolen stuff for multiple turns, return it at end step or sooner with a sac effect or something like that?
>>
Personally, I enjoy Corrupted Conscience. It's a Mind Control that can be a win-con against the right decks.
>>
File: dear god.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
dear god.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>52439233
i run this with norin.
>>
File: Gonti.png (126KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Gonti.png
126KB, 223x311px
>>52439233
I personally took my old Kokusho Deck and did a build around Gonti with stuff like conjurers closet and panharmonicon and colorless flicker effects along with blade of selves for maximum shenanigans and steal your goodstuff effects I want to achieve the dream of stealing someones combo and using it against them to kill the table or just to have counterspells in a mono black deck

Anyone have a Borborygmos Enraged decklist just got done building one however its mostly just gruul goodstuff with stuff that synergizes with bobo as a secondary.
>>
If it's my turn and I draw a miracle, can I play a land to help cast it?
>>
File: 203.jpg (144KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
203.jpg
144KB, 312x445px
>>52439233
Discuss. Is it still Overpowered?
>>
>>52440006
no miracle is a replacment effect at instant speed during your draw step you have no opportunity to play lands to help cast the spell
>>
>>52440047
No its only really op in duel commander in multiplayer its usually not good enough to outlast three opponents.
>>
>>52440064
I don't know, i think this assumption is counting too much with "hate" from other opponents. It could be blown the fuck out in the early game, but i think a normal play grould would not do that.
>>
>>52440052
Miracle is actually a triggered ability.
>>
>>52440236
sorry I am not a judge but I was pulling from memory from one of the ask a judge threads
>>
Turns out this is my only Grull Legendary. I know she's shit but are there any tricks with her?
>>
>>52440947
She is a cheap dork.
>>
>>52440947
I love brewing with legends in my binder. But she's pretty shit.
>>
>>52440960
>>52440990
Yeah I was thinking I"d just go goodstuff ramp. I've got a lot of RG Goodstuff cards but I live in the ass end of nowhere and don't want to wait 2+ weeks to order a better commander in.
>>
>>52441010
>live in the ass end of nowhere

Where do you go and play...?
>>
>>52441066
I've got some friends and family who play. Most of them are quite casual.

Also once every two months or so if I'm in the nearest city (200km) I'll go there for a few games.
>>
File: Abzan.png (890KB, 1165x801px) Image search: [Google]
Abzan.png
890KB, 1165x801px
>>
>>52441105
Living in a tiny town like that just seems awful desu. Anyway, you should brew something with cards you already have. It'll be good since everyone's casual anyway.
>>
>>52441138
Yeah it's pretty shit. I'm hoping to move overseas next year but by then I'll have to most likely have to learn German well to be able to play over there.

It's worth noting that because everyone else is super casual I do win 90% of the time. They never get annoyed which is nice.
>>
>>52440947
Try elfball with actual fireballs
>>
>used to play and build EDH obsessively
>would play all day Saturday and Sunday
>did this for almost a year
>stop going to shop in January
>other group gets busy with real life
>lose all interest
>friend wants to play in 2 weeks

Fuck. I kind of want to play, but I haven't touched my decks in months. Some of them are half built and missing shit, and I have ideas I want to put together, but just don't have the motivation.
>>
>>52441262
That actually sounds quite fun. I've got quite a few decent mono green elves and adding some Fireballs to use all those mana elves to blow people up could be fun.
>>
>>52441287
Throw in Savage Ventmaw and Hellkite Charger.
It's not technically infinite because the moment you stop punching or Radha dies, you lose infinite. Back that shit up with some Rosheen + X-sized fireballs. Eat, breathe, and shit excess mana.
>>
File: 1489793759263.jpg (129KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489793759263.jpg
129KB, 800x600px
>>52441277
>friends stop playing EDH for a few months
>still want to play EDH
>can't justify spending $12 or whatever to go to EDH night at the LGS
I hate that I can't play casual EDH without prizes on the line, and I can't really suggest otherwise since I'd be actively taking money away from the store.
>>
>>52441488
Sounds terrible
>>
How do you sit down and focus on one or two decks, tg? I feel like I need to build a million and one different decks. Then, when I win a game or two, I take them apart because I feel like I've hit the end.
>>
>>52441116
So this guarantees that the new gods are all mono colored, right?
>>
>>52442022
They fit into the number crunch as monocolored Invocations.
>>
File: Untitled.png (308KB, 708x286px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
308KB, 708x286px
>>52442022
Maro confirmed monocolor
>>
File: Unwavering+Initiate+%5BAKH%5D.jpg (49KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Unwavering+Initiate+%5BAKH%5D.jpg
49KB, 223x311px
new spoiler
>>
>>52442207
Fuck yeah now I can cast my Chainer's twice and my creatures twice in pauper.
>>
File: brunloaover.jpg (88KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
brunloaover.jpg
88KB, 500x500px
Any spicy Bruna tech?
>>
What's your prize deck, /edhg/?

What's your most fun deck?

Hit me with those themes, ideas, key cards. I'm curious.
>>
File: waifu.jpg (30KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
30KB, 223x311px
>>52442444
Nice Trips

I only have one deck, but it's my baby. Ideally I one hit players with Wound Reflection+Sorin Markov/Exsanguinate/Gray Merchant/Hatred
>>
>>52442444
Ashling was super fun, I loved gaining hundreds of life in big pods in monored but she showed the game down so much that it became a chore to use in my LGS's pods. I had the same problem with Archangel Avacyn boardwipe.dec but that deck did amazingly well.

Marchesa is the final evolution and is basically a Mardu tokens list and grinds games really well but not so damn slowly.
>>
File: 51GfBc6NabL._SX450_.jpg (40KB, 450x314px) Image search: [Google]
51GfBc6NabL._SX450_.jpg
40KB, 450x314px
>>52442444
>What's your prize deck, /edhg/?
>What's your most fun deck?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/liliana-dark-madness/
Fun for me at least. I have a bunch bunch of madness and recursion while keeping the average cmc down. At one point, I accidentally had 28 lands, and my average CMC was still low as shit and still won, too.

>Hit me with those themes, ideas, key cards. I'm curious.
A bunch of people were bitching about infinite combos in the meta, so I made sure I had none in mine (I cut P-Altar). The end result is a grindy value deck that eventually gets Lili's emblem into overwhelming value. I love it.

>themes
Any card in the deck that can have Liliana's art, does. Including Demonic Tutor. Also, Rise of the Dark Realms and full art Liliana's Spectre are pet cards. I also have the SDCC black flip Liliana, but I still just use the normal because it's easier to read. Finally, I have a bunch of foil zombies I use for her flip trigger from SoI.

Unrelated, I'm also getting a beta Sacrifice to have a black bordered one.
>>
File: azusa-lost-but-seeking.jpg (164KB, 488x712px) Image search: [Google]
azusa-lost-but-seeking.jpg
164KB, 488x712px
>>52442444
Definitely my Azusa. It used to be a competitive build until I tuned it to this. I need to get aholf of New Emrakul and the old Eldrazi for it tho.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-12-16-landsdec/
>>
>>52441488
Our LGS has a commander night and they don't charge us. We ultimately buy more food, drinks, accessories, and singles than any other night they have too. Even more than FNM.

$12 is a little high too. Maybe $5 and keep the prizes low ended.
>>
>>52442673
I was fiddling with a red/green deck that used fast mana for eldazi for a while. The commander was borborygmos
>>
File: 214.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
214.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>52442444
Squee control. Just board wipes while grinding out card advantage with Squee recursion. Combo out with some artifact bullshit or end it with Eldrazi/Blightsteel.

It's the only deck I've kept together for more than a few months and the only deck I've ever bothered trying to pimp out. I'll never take it apart.
>>
File: teferisisle.hq.jpg (37KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
teferisisle.hq.jpg
37KB, 312x445px
I'm trying to build my manabase and this card piqued my interest, but i don't know the actual mechanics behind phasing in and out, good thing this is just a land, but when i put it on the battlefield, is it phased in from the start and phases out at the beginning of my next untap step? So it's essentially unusuable for 2 turns?
>>
>>52441488
>12$
Jesus fucking christ, do you play in a club or something? What are the prizes, because that's some high amount of money, unless you're a spiderbong.
>>
File: 187.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
187.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>52444456
It's bad.

First turn, tapped.
Second turn, phased out.
Third turn, you can finally use it.

A basic island nets you more mana over a game. You're better off using a bounceland if you're multicolor. Even pic related is probably better, but still bad.
>>
>>52444456
Turn 1 drop it, phased in (but tapped)
Turn 2 it phases out before you untap it
Turn 3 it phases in before you untap it, then you untap it and can use it
Repeat 2 and 3 indefinitely

Pretty much the only playable cards with Phasing are Shimmer (to fuck with your opponents) and Vanishing (protection for Voltron).
>>
>>52444495
>>52444516
thanks, no wonder that land is dirt cheap
>>
>Making the invocations hard to read was intentional

If thats seriously the case, and this isint just an elaborate april fools, then the least they could have done was make the actual words in the name and type lines shine a different color in the foil distinct from the random glyphs. That way you can still have the confusing from certain angles, but be able to pick it out with some jostling.

I am seriously hoping that wizards spoils the gods today or tomorrow and they are absolutely terrible and make everyone super pissed. Then on 4/1 they release the actual borders and gods and we all get a good laugh out of it. God I hope.
>>
>>52444626
The cards are already printed. What we see is what we get.
>>
>>52444632
You don't think if wizards wanted to troll us they couldnt print up a few fakes to throw us off the trail?
>>
>>52444626
>then the least they could have done was make the actual words in the name and type lines shine a different color in the foil distinct from the random glyphs.
But they did
>>
>>52444685
If you say so. In the twitter gif I saw I didnt see any difference in color between the letters and the glyphs right next to them.
>>
>>52444656
It's a company, they never troll. The few people that like the spoilered invocations would be pissed as well.
>>
>>52441010
it depends how shitty you want to be, she is only good in rg ld.
you play a bunch of mana elves and Stone rains, decimate, rack and ruin etc. things that give your mana dorks haste, and anti blue anti counter shit. it's really good in 1v1 mediocre at best in multi-player.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (117KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
117KB, 223x311px
Is Archangel Avacyn fun? Should I spend lots of money on a deck for her?
>>
>>52444875
Do you like Boros Charm?
>>
>>52442207
Damn. Here I was hoping I'd get some solid gypo cards to go in my boros deck and instead they give me nubians. NUBIANS!
>>
>>52444950
Yes.
>>
>>52442207
Looking forward to the "You may exert creatures you control as they attack, if you do..." enchantment to go with this dude
>>
>>52444875
She's not bad, but she's not that great either. Giving her lifelink and flipping her is nice, but what strategy would you even use with her?
>>
>>52439233
>What is your favorite card or way to steal spells or permanents? Do you keep the stolen stuff for multiple turns, return it at end step or sooner with a sac effect or something like that?

I run a red deck. I run a red creature jack deck. I run barrage of expendables.
>>
>>52445316
Turning all of your Wraths into Plague Winds obviously retard.
>>
File: goblin_bomb.jpg (82KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
goblin_bomb.jpg
82KB, 312x445px
>>52445323
>>
>>52445316
I didn't really think of a strategy. I just felt like playing white/red and thought that wiping the board with my commander would be fun.
>>
>>52445376
Frontline Medic, Selfless Spirit, Boros Charm, Ghostway and Eerie Interlude

Wrath of God, Day of Judgment, Chain Reaction, that new C16 Wrath, Blasphemous Act, Nev's Disk, Magus of the Disk, various amounts of shitty 5-6 drop Wraths

Fast mana, Pearl Medallion to go off with just your commander and a Wrath, powerful token producers and Planeswalkers to accrue value.

Bam, a whole deck built around Boros Charm: the Commander and I've still left you enough room for like an entire major theme.
>>
>>52445365
Why not both?
>>
File: acorncatapult.hq.jpg (196KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
acorncatapult.hq.jpg
196KB, 480x680px
tell me about the squirrels
>>
>>52445451
11/10 flavor
>>
>>52445437
Nice.
>>
>>52444456
Needs Sands of Time to lock out phasing, then it's pretty legit. Otherwise it's very slow to pay off.
>>
>>52445346
>paying the wrath mana + Avacyn (with tax) for a onesided boardwipe
That's 9 mana minimum with two different spells. What if someone stifles? What if someone counters avacyn if you respond to the wrath with her?
Might as well use the original Avacyn, since at least the ID stays on.
>>
>>52445486
Did you not read literally anything else in my post?

Plus you could run Cloudshift and several other blinking effects to make the cost reasonable. Regardless it's still ridiculous card advantage in RW while still playing relatively decent standalone effects. It's not like casual EDH games don't get to nine mana to hard cast the combo, let alone four-five to cheat the effect in somehow.
>>
>>52445531
But your post was literally "turning your wraths into plague winds, retard".
There's no depth in it and it's not obvious that some other post is yours, since you're not a namefag or a tripfag and thankfully so.
Still, it's a meta thing. She's best used as utility and really shouldn't be focused on too much as in giving too much cards that don't do much without her.
>>
>>52445585
Wraths in a white deck are hardly a "focus" and are included in a decent amount of decks. They're your main way of downplaying the fact that everyone has a better deck than you.

I don't really agree with her being used as utility because you're giving up the only huge advantage she provides and now you're just playing RW, which is obviously fucking awful.

I don't know about your meta but cheap Plague Winds are pretty useful even against T2 decks like tuned Edric.
>>
File: shivan-harvest-cropped.jpg (140KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
shivan-harvest-cropped.jpg
140KB, 464x664px
>>52445439
>>
>>52445654
Sure thing. My meta is really creature-light, so it might explain it, but I really don't see how she's powerful. At least with Boros Charm you can nuke lands, but AA affects only creatures
>>
>>52445365
>>52445719
I run both of these in Thromok, it's great.
>>
former jew-gi-oh here who is tired of Konami's shit and would like advice on getting into MTG. Is it worth it right now? Any other bros who came from ygo?
>>
>>52442162
>mono-color

So we are getting two core sets we in a row.
>>
File: RubiniaSoulsinger.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
RubiniaSoulsinger.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>52439233
My girl, Ruby Misreader. Innistrad flickers are the obvious spice with her but shit like Perplexing Chimera is really juicy especially in a control shell.

>>52440138
Hate determines threat assessment and how much people don't want to have to play around that deck to execute their game-plan. I don't think one can definitively say what the average group would do because it's all about power level of the deck and the group. If we're talking full fun Oloro Stax mode in a playgroup averaging about the power level of the latest precon decks, anyone with half-decent threat assessment will target the Oloro player. But that hypothetical makes a lot of assumptions which loops back to my point that it's difficult to say what the average group is.
>>
>>52445964
EDH is the wacky weirdo version of Magic. Play some rounds of casual magic first before going for EDH.
>>
>>52445654
>I don't know about your meta but cheap Plague Winds are pretty useful even against T2 decks like tuned Edric.

>Wrath is 4 mana
>Avacyn is 5 mana
>Plague wind is 9 mana
>"Cheap" plague wind

Are you telling me that you think that you think 4+5 is less than 9?

This is why people aren't agreeing with you. Also it's more vulnerable, since they can counter either half of your combo, making the board look like they want, instead of all or nothing like plague wind.
>>
File: 1486746437574.png (200KB, 400x1446px) Image search: [Google]
1486746437574.png
200KB, 400x1446px
>>52445964
Start with some random casual with friends if you can. This format is casual but has an enormous card pool and often faces very obscure rulings due to so many cards that are never played in other formats.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ghave-control-combo/

Does this look accurate? Or do I need more control elements added?
>>
>>52445964
>tired of broken kew shit
>wants to get into MTG
No, run away.
>>
>>52446148
Read my posts.

Like seriously any of them.
>>
>>52445964
I play both. What did you used to play in YGO?
>>
Korlash or OG Drana? I just got a shiny pre-release Korlash, which admittedly looks pretty pimp, but I have remarkably few basic land ramp cards, and Drana would fit better with all the rocks I've shoved in there, but I'm already running a ton of cheap spot removal.

Any spicy tech for either of them?
>>
>>52445964
Magic is a lot more straight forward than yugioh. Getting mana screwed will piss you off, but actually being able to read the cards is much better. If you build a midrange deck or a ramp deck, you'll get the hang of it really quickly. The lack of complicated summoning conditions is refreshing.
>>
>>52440064
>not good enough to outlast three opponents
That's where you're wrong, sport.
>>
>>52446402
cubics
>>
>>52446475
>Cubics
Go back scrub ok just kidding
If you are interested in playing a similar deck take a look at Ruric Thar lists. Big creatures and punishing burn effects.

>>52446455
Yeah that's right but sometimes I wish I could assemble more Rube Goldberg machines in EDH, that's probably why I still play both.
>>
>>52446466
Oloro does nothing to stop you from getting steamrolled by combo.
>>
>>52446506
That's what Ghave is for my man. I just wish there was the equivalent of lava golem and wave motion cannon, but clearly that shit would be broken.
>>
>>52446533
>Wave-Motion Cannon
Check out stuff like Jinxed Choker and Idol.
>>
>>52446506
>I wish I could assemble more Rube Goldberg machines in EDH
isnt that what most artifact decks are?
>>
>>52446510
Except being in the colors most equipped to deal with combo.
>>
>>52446707
Yeah but artifacts are too damn expensive for my tastes. I can assemble combos for cheap in YGO most of the time. But there's other options in MtG as well like complicated spellslinger wincons.
>>
>>52446361
Tell me how to distinguish your posts, since you're apparently too retarded to use a name or a trip.
At least justify your retardation in some way, faggot. No one knows which posts are yours and no one cares enough to do guesswork.
Besides, a good deck has won anyway by the time you can get your christmasland Magus of the Disk.
>>
File: treasure.jpg (167KB, 561x264px) Image search: [Google]
treasure.jpg
167KB, 561x264px
What's the most degenerate deck that you run?

I'm looking to transition from a casual to a high power meta, and I'd like to take a peak at what other people have going on. i
>>
>>52446775
As is Chromium but no one calls him too strong.
>>
>>52447238
>>I'm looking to transition from a casual to a high power meta, and I'd like to take a peak at what other people have going on. i

it's a solved format, why bother
>>
>>52447309
>I have no opinion, but I must share
I'm playing with some buds who have legacy-tier cards. While my best two decks are good, they're going to be distinctly outclassed very quickly.

What do you run? I have two pretty powerful decks; Lazav Mill/Reanimator/Steal shit and Uril enchantress voltron. While they can sneak out wins, last time I played I either got hosed with hate or was a complete non-factor.
>>
>>52447353
just play tazri food chain combo with all the fast mana and tutors (proxied, preferably) until everyone involved wants to kill themselves after the third random t2-t3 win in a row
>>
to clarify, playing edh competitively is like ordering your steak well done
>>
>>52447374
But why? I'm literally going to drink beers and play magic with friends who happen to have very large collections. I was just going to build UG goodstuff or some form of reanimator.

Sounds like you're a little booty befuddled, do you want to talk about it, sport?

>>52447420
To clarify, playing edh competitively with friends is like ordering Hawaiian pizza. Some people hate it more than life itself, and some people are surprisingly cool with it.
>>
>>52447433
>Wants to play a high-tier meta
>Doesn't want to play a high-tier deck.
Prossh foodchain, Tazri Foodchain, Tasigur, Yisan.
If you want less powerful than turn 2-3 wins, try Azami, Derevi or Ghave.
>>
File: skeptical-woman.jpg (426KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
skeptical-woman.jpg
426KB, 1440x900px
>>52447488
I think you're fundamentally misrepresenting the point, and your tier list is misinformed at best. Thanks for trying, you get an A for effort.
>>
File: A clue.jpg (63KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
A clue.jpg
63KB, 540x960px
>>52447525
>Misinformed
>Implying Prossh and Tazri aren't objectively tier 1 and Tasigur and Yisan are a step below, but much cheaper
>>
>>52447238
>edh high power meta
Unless you desire to hate the format on purpose, pls don't
>>
>>52440047
Oloro is fucking gay and punishes people for playing "fair" aggro instead of degenerate infinite combo shit that everybody hates. But he never was truly "overpowered", that's reserved for Prossh and similar design abortions. Or rather, he's OP and stupid but not to such an insurmountable amount as the other C13 generals.
>>
>>52447563
Scion Hermit Druid, Tazri and Leovold are t1 with an infinite budget. Prosh is a pubstomp deck at best and yisan gets dramatically worse with more players. Azami is exactly as good as advertised, and Tasigur is very dependent on his graveyard, which can easily go one of two directions depending on the meta.

Sounds to me like you're looking to shitpost. I remember when /edh/ was a nice place for nice people.
>>
I'm just starting out in commander and I was hoping I could get some recommendations for a good starting commander. My two thoughts were either trostani or sygg river guide. I'm looking for something fun and hopefully not too expensive.
>>
>>52447614
>Scion Hermit is t1

Not for well over a year now. If you're going to condescend to people at least be knowledgable about the subject.
>>
>>52447563
>Tasigur
>cheap
no
>>52447568
>Dont play high powered magic unless you desire to hate the format on purpose, pls don't
stop liking things I don't like
>>
>>52447614
>Prosh is a pubstomp deck at best
false
its a deck that can win as soon as turn two, the only thing that makes it less good is the exclusion of blue
>>
>>52447610
if you can't crank out 30+ damage a turn with your aggro deck it's your own fault
>>
>>52447353
>asks for most degenerate deck then bitches about it
>legacy cards automatically make the meta high powered
>I just wanna play casual competitive not competitive competitive

Stop being stupid.
>>
File: Timmy.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Timmy.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>52447614
>Prossh is a pubstomp deck
>goes infinite as easily as Tazri
>Considered by most to be in the top 5 decks of the format
Sounds like someone doesn't play competitive edh. Go play timmy trample tribal since you undoubtedly consider that to be tier 1.
>>
>>52447650
>drops humility
>aggro deck btfo
>>
>>52447353
sucks to suck
get good
etc.
>>
>>52447614
>wants to talk about competitive edh
>doesn't know what he's talking about
>bitches about people shitposting
>>
File: Quite the post-modern feel.jpg (65KB, 500x551px) Image search: [Google]
Quite the post-modern feel.jpg
65KB, 500x551px
>>52447628
Whatever you say friend.

>>52447649
>>52447676
>>52447688
The fuck is this? I was wondering why /edh/ was so quiet lately, but clearly we're infested with argumentative dicks. Perhaps it's best to leave well enough alone.
>>
>>52447684
aaaand thats why you dont put a reclamation sage in your agro deck and go "durrr thats good enough for artifact and enchantment removal :DDD"
>>
>>52447636
Compared to Tazri? it's 2000 dollars cheaper to build Tasigur.
>>
>>52447713
What can Thraximundar do?
>>
>>52447710
>infested with argumentative dicks.
>people are wrong
>people get corrected
STOP BEING A DICK ON 4CHAN!
>>
>>52447710
Thank for ceasing your shitposting.
>>
>>52447747
well for starters he can stop pretending hes playing agro with a 7 drop commander
also
counterspell
also
bounce spell
also
chaos warp
also
deathcloud??
>>
>>52447748
>>52447761
Notice how these posts are almost exactly a minute apart.
>>
>>52447770
yeah sure is crazy huh
>>
>>52447766
But Thrax is a 3-hit, maybe 2-hit if you play a lot of sac effects. He can be pretty fast.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-30-11-52-27.png (298KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-30-11-52-27.png
298KB, 1440x2560px
>>52447770
Maybe more than one person here thinks you're a shitposting idiot.
>>
>>52447787
yeah but he's not aggro that's for sure
>>
>>52447766
>counterspell
being forced to be two turns behind is sure fun for aggro, plus Oloro can counter back
>bounce spell
Gives you an opening for 1 turn... unless he counters it himself.
>chaos warp
great! except it's one card in 99 that can cycle him into another prison piece anyway
>deathcloud
Deathcloud doesn't do anything to enchantments you dip
>>
File: 1483645059428.jpg (80KB, 344x580px) Image search: [Google]
1483645059428.jpg
80KB, 344x580px
>>52447796
>phone posting
Sure thing, friend.
>>
>>52447770
>Notice how these posts are almost exactly a minute apart.
sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, faggot.
>>>/x/
>>52447787
>But Thrax is a 3-hit
so is Progenitus, that doesnt make him agro.
>He can be pretty fast.
not fast enough, and certainly not constantly fast
theres a concept called "color identity" its the idea that certain colors are good at certain things, grixis is not very good at agro but it is good at longer games. for this reason thrax makes for a bad agro general because he is expensive to cast and has poor support.
>>52447810
>deathcloud doesnt hit enchantments
fuck I knew I should have looked the card up before posting
>>
>>52442444
>Prize Deck
Geist of St Traft. Plays like rug delver, the whole deck is 1 for 1s, resource denial and similar evasive/hexproof creatures. Its a french list since its for a monthly tournament we have around here

>Fun
4 color big gay dance party. 2/3rds group hug and a few hard lock combos to let sulphuric vortex effects kill my opponents.
>>
>>52447614
>Scion is T1
Yeah good luck with that in Linvala: the Meta.
>>
>>52447856
>good at longer games
Nah, in longer games enchantments will whittle you down, because you can't do shit about them except maybe Spine of Ish Sah or Karn or some similar expensive crap.
>>
>>52447889
grixis is better at longer games, stop using counterspells on non critical spells.
>>
>>52447906
This is EDH, there are three other players playing "critical spells".
>>
File: Splinter.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Splinter.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>52447238
when I no longer want fun I normally just do a land destruction deck.
Turn their lands into artifacts then destroy all cards that share it's name.
It can be pretty fucking evil
Splinter and Liquimetal Coating etc.
>>
>>52447906
You're thinking of Mardu friend.
>>
>>52447931
What's a good deck for this? Monogreen Glissa?
>>
>>52447931
You can do a much more evil thing with March of the Machines, Mycosynth Lattice and Darksteel Forge
>>
>>52447968
Add in Spy Kit and Donate/Harmless Offering and run the creature exile card from the same cycle.
>>
>>52447944
>You're thinking of Mardu friend.
yeah...
no im not. Mardu has Kalia, zergo and dick girl who smiles at cock
not a single one of these decks wants to game to go long.
closest thing you have is queen marchesa
but compared to adding blue for card advantage none of those decks compare well.
>>52447921
the same can be said for any other 1 for 1 removal.
>>
File: 1489488315721.jpg (16KB, 550x421px) Image search: [Google]
1489488315721.jpg
16KB, 550x421px
>>52447999
>monogreen
>Harmless Offering
>>
>>52448010
There's a reason why 1 for 1 removal isn't very popular in EDH unless it costs like 1 mana or is a 3 mana green card with split second.
>>
>>52448020
Donate works too
>>
>>52448034
and yet 1v1 removal sees play in literally every single deck
Point is you need to use your counterspells wisely in a deck that cannot interact with enchantments which puts you in a position that you either are going to want to leverage available cards or just pretend you are rakdos with brainstorm
>>
>>52448060
Speaking of Rakdos, he gets shafted by OloroHumility even worse than Thrax.
>>
>>52448020
I was recommending leaving monoG of that wasn't obvious retard.
>>
Someone recomend a good cheap GW mana base for a GW golem token deck?

Also i cant decide wich commander to run, im currently just gonna use that selyensia chick that populates, are there better options?
>>
>>52448392
Captain Sisay, Selvala and Saffi are all great.
>>
File: hot dog.jpg (63KB, 636x448px) Image search: [Google]
hot dog.jpg
63KB, 636x448px
ZADA PLAYERS! I CALL UPON THEE!

how many token creators, single-target buff spells, and single-target card draw spells do you run?

Thank you in advance!
>>
>>52448811
I tinker a lot with my deck, so I don't really have an exact number how many of each I run.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-09-16-zada/
>>
>>52448811
10/10/20 seems a good ratio to me
>>
>>52449241
I forgot to tell which is what
Card draw/Pumps/Tokens
Could also go for 15/15/20 if you don't mind run low on lands/ramp and use rituals instead
>>
>>52446533
>lava golem and wave-motion
My fucking nigger, I put that deck together when I got back into yugioh and got tired of people cycling their XYZ monsters taking 5 minute turns.
The look on their faces when you take a ten second turn of Draw-Summon Lava Golem-Level Limit Area B was priceless.
>>
>>52447302
I think you missed the point, anon.
>>
File: 1484075864057.png (345KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484075864057.png
345KB, 640x480px
>look up a commander to see if there are any neat cards I don't know about
>the commander's a "zombie" type
>every single recommendation is a bunch of tribal nonsense that's completely irrelevant to how the deck works
Is there anywhere better than edhrec?
>>
Any good secret artifact tech that can be used with abunch of artifact creature tokens?
>>
>>52450042
What colours are you in anon? Who's your commander?
>>
>>52440047
He himself is not overpowered, but I have yet to see an Oloro deck that wasn't cancer. He was made to cancer, like Leovold.
>>
>>52450079

GW. the deck os based on using the green and white splicers and populatr spells to make and anthem as many golem tokens as possible.
>>
>>52450042
Arcum Dagsson. Trust me.
>>
>tfw have nobody irl to play EDH with yet still spend tons of cash on papering out my decks in fear that the prices will keep inflating in the future
Help me /edh/, how do I cure this autism?
>>
>>52450166

Use the Internet to find friends to play with
>>
>>52450184
Yeah I play on Xmage, yet I paper out my best decks. At least I'm merciful enough to myself not to play with cards above 10 euros
>>
>>52450039
I always try and see if there is a primer somewhere online.
>>
>>52446533
>lava golem
Sleeper Agent, kind of?
>>
>>52450131
Hmmm, in your colours there isn't any super secret tech for the tokens, but there's that new artifact that gives everything improvise? I'd suggest Nature's Calm as well, it's pretty snazzy if you aren't running a lot of enchantments. Flicker-type spells will let you pump out a shitload of tokens very quickly, particularly if you're using doubling season/parallel lives. I like second harvest as well, and obviously you're going to want a wayfaring temple and voice of resurgence. Depending on the 1 drops you run, a birthing pod might fit pretty well.

Obviously you're going to want asceticism/elesh norn for this kind of deck. I really like overwhelming stampede and pathbreaker ibex as well.
>>
Hey guys,im in the process of making a Iroas Boros EDH deck that is Human/Angel themed.Im going to run stuff like Glorious Anthem while shitting out Tokens. Any must run cards for this? I have quite a few cards to pick from.
>>
>>52450253
Get some ways of saving your stuff from wipes if you're gonna go wide like that.
>Boros Charm
>Ghostway (non-tokens)
>Legion's Initiative
>Second Sunrise/Faith's Reward (Armageddon)
>>
>>52450404
Not Sunrise though, forgot that's symmetrical.
>>
Looking to get into Commander to play with a friend of mine. I know the basics of Magic but I've never built a deck from scratch and have only really played the Magic video games and a few Pre-con decks.

My budget is around $60. What's a good selection of decently viable $60 Commander decks I should check out?
>>
>>52450454

Do you have sleeves, deckbox, playmat?

If not, $60 is only enough for a precon + those. If you do have those, you can do a precon + a few good cards you like that you think would be nice in the precon.
>>
>>52450039
>not wanting to join the Zombie Mustardrace
>especially when we're about to have a set with new zombies in it

Whatever you say fagoli
>>
>>52450253
Odric 2.0 + Angelic Overseer if you're dead set on those tribes
>>
>>52450571
>zombies
>anything more than a few stupid dimir combos and a bunch of regenerating token bullshit
How does it feel folding to a single well timed wrath of the gods?

I have everything you'd need for a moderately good zombie deck, but I"d prefer a better not-zombie goodstuff deck. After all, Korlash has nothing to do with zombies, besides being one.
>>
>>52450253
angel of glory's rise
>>
>>52450620
>implying zombies care about dying
>Mikaeus
>Gravecrawler
>Unholy Grotto

Drawing 5 extra cards on upkeep with Graveborn Muse is the tits
>>
>>52450689
Mikaeus is pretty good, but if I'm going edgelord, I'm going pure monoblue demon tribal.
>>
>>52450620

>how does it feel folding to a well timed wrath of God?

?? Wraths are more effective against literally any other tribe. Zombies are like the one tribe that cares about wraths least you doofus
>>
>>52450731
But how? I mean, sure, you can probably get your goodstuff back, but it's going to majorly hurt your endless ranks of dead counter, some of the best zombies don't have regenerate, and, really, it's not like you're going to have the mana to recast them from your yard, assuming you can.
>>
>>52444475
3 boosters as a sort of buy-in. When you eliminate a player you get 1 pack, and the winner gets 1. You always walk away with at least 1 pack.
>>
>>52450538
Which precon should I get? I haven't been able to see Atraxa or Breya in stores....
>>
>>52450454
Buy a precon, upgrade it as you go, then after few months you can branch out
>>
>>52450620
>Gisa
>Caring about Wrath of God
>>
>>52450885
>Good Precons to start with: Breya, Meren, Teferi, Oloro, Kaalia
>Decent Precons to start with: Atraxa, Ezuri, Daretti, Derevi (but run it as Roon), Ghave
>OK Precons to start with: Gay Kangz, Mizzix, Freyalise, Marath, Animar
>Bad Precons to start with: Yidris, Karlov, Ob Nix, Prossh, Damia
>Trash Precons to start with: Saskia, That Giant, Nahiri, Jeleva (Ironically a great commander), Zedruu

As you might be able to tell I tried to put one from each year in each group. Some of them have great stuff in them but the upper lists are more playable out of the box.
>>
>>52450885
>Which precon should I get?
SWORN TO DARKNESS(mono black)
BUILT FROM SCRATCH(mono red)
GUIDED BY NATURE(mono green)
SEIZE CONTROL(red/blue)
PLUNDER THE GRAVES(green/black)
Entropic Uprising(4c minus white)
Breed Lethality( 4c minus red)
Invent Superiority(4c minus green)

these are the best built precons out of the box, with a shoutout to the 4c minus black deck for being the only deck I've never been able to pull apart or upgrade because it was so much fun... not good mind you but fun.
>>
>>52451001
And this is why I'm confused. While Gisa does sacrifice creatures to make zombies, if the board gets blown up, who is she going to sacrifice to make more? And to top it off, if you get rid of all your other dudes, how the heck are you going to dig yourself out of a hole without some serious reanimator shenanigans?
>>
>>52446336
Bumping
>>
>>52451140
wait you dont like the ob nob precon deck?
that deck was way better than the blue one or derevi out of the box.
>>
>>52450761
Relentless Dead is actually a pretty useful new addition to help with exactly that
>>
>>52450404
Legion's Initiative and Faith's Reward should also be (non-tokens)
>>
>>52451140
>Karlov
You disrespect that Precon. The Commander for Call the Spirits is Daxos, the Returned
>>
>>52450202
>no cards above 10 euros
I'm the same as you but I recently papered a 160 euro and a 240 euro deck.
>>
>>52451296
its ok he did the same thing for the
meme-plasm's precon
>>
>>52451180
The Yidris precon is terrible though. I'd recommend Saskia precon instead, which is quite underrated and very playable from the getgo (and one of the cheapest ones at the moment too).
>>
I have an idea. A terrible, awesomely awful idea.

I want to make a UG mill deck. The objective is to generate a fucktillion mana and deck someone with effects like stroke of genius or dimensional infiltrator. Dimensional infiltrator seems particularly spicy because it exiles things. Any other mana sinks I can dump 10 million mana into to win the game? I guess labman is an option, but that's just not my style.
>>
I'm visiting London from Saturday to Wednesday, staying at Victoria. Where should I go if I want to have a moderately fun time playing EDH with random people? My decks are probably in the ~60% range, but I haven't actually gotten to play with them yet. I ordered the cards pretty recently.

also entirely off-topic but is there anything I should experience before it dies to brexit and/or multiculturalism
>>
>>52451529
There's Whetstone which is symmetrical, but that won't matter if you include Oldzilek or something.
You can run Helix Pinnacle as alternate wincon too.
Btw this deck idea is shit and I hate you
>>
>>52451529
This is a common deck, commander is oona
>>
>>52451627
>>52451529

I'm retarded ,sorry, misread UG as UB
>>
>>52451602
>My decks are probably in the ~60% range
you are going to need to post a decklist, these random numbers assigned to decks are not universal
>>
>>52451529
>A terrible, awesomely awful idea
suicide?
because you talk like a fag and your shit is all retarded.
>>
>>52451529
That's my Kruphix deck. Only rather than waste time with dimensional infiltrator or mill stones it's packed with draw x spells, protection, and a million ways to get Palinchron+combo piece onto the field.
>>
>>52451618
>Btw this deck idea is shit and I hate you
I'll take that as "Anon, you're doing god's work, continue to mash some unsuspecting pussies with your thunderous package".

Whetstone will fit because I'm planning on using kruphix with some back up 'drazi for the sweet sweet annihilator, and helix pinnacle is already in there. Thanks anon.

>>52451627
>>52451646
Well, I already have a UB mill deck with Lazav, and while it works to near-perfection, if people see it coming they'll inherently sideboard in some fucks that will mess up my plan, and it's a little durdle prone since it relies on hitting sphinx's tutelage AND jace's erasure to really deck someone outside of combos.

The trick here is that I want to mill unsuspecting players. If they're wise to my plan, they'll know how to stop me, but if I catch them off guard dealing with my stupid eldrazi, I think it could be lethal.

>>52451707
Bitch please, it's a Seusian allusion to the grinch that I paraphrased not to look like a bigger fag. In hindsight, I should have quoted the grinch and posted a picture of a grinch looking diabolical, but you live and you learn.

>>52451751
Do you have a list that I could look at? I have deadeye and peregrine drake, but I don't have a palinchron. Ideally, I'd like not to make it a combo deck, but I already plan on dropping blightsteel, so I guess it's not that big of a compromise.
>>
File: avenmindcensor.jpg (33KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
avenmindcensor.jpg
33KB, 265x370px
But guys
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-03-17-phenax/
Any advice lads? I'm pretty comfy with it but I feel I can change some stuff around
>>
>>52451842
Well anon, what do you like about it, and what do you dislike about it?
>>
File: xenagos.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
xenagos.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>52451805
>"Anon, you're doing god's work, continue to mash some unsuspecting pussies with your thunderous package".
Say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens
Alternate wincons are for pussies who couldn't make it in the aggro game.
>>
>>52451871
I like milling but I feel i I might have too many bigger drops or not enough to get it going quickly?
Might just be me though
>>
>>52439973
Havent had any cool Gonti kille with my deck yet, but a friend won off an Exquisite Blood stolen from me and an Aetherflux Reservoir stolen from another player.

Fun was had!
>>
>>52451805
>do you have a list that I could look at?
I could see about posting it after I get home from work but that will be quite a few hours from now, sorry man. It's purely dedicated to the combo kill and by that token may look boring if card draw, counter magic, and tutors don't get you excited.
>>
>>52451842
>Any advice lads?
if it ever gets too slow for your playgroup, and in an arms race it will be, try phenax selfmill.
instead of trying to kill with the mill try to use it as fuel.
>>
>>52451886
Alright, let me level with you. I could ALSO build Xenagos artifacts. I've already broken down the pros and cons:

Xenagos Pros
>I get to hit things really hard, and that's all I ever dream about.
>I can still play all my eldrazi, and Vorinclex/Urabrask could fit together.
>I have a full setup of crazy ass mana rocks and damage doublers
>I literally just bought a quiteous spike, and I already have a hidestugu

Xenagos Cons:
>Card draw sucks, I know I'm going to run out of gas at some point.
>I get 10/10 hate as soon as I play anything
>I don't get that sweet sweet blue artifact synergy

Kruphix Pros
>Since I have such sweet mana rocks, I get tons of synergy with kruphix
>Blue has some neat things, I might mill someone, and I get to play Master Biomancer, Plasm Capture, and Progenitor Mimic
>But seriously, that blue artifact package is nice, I might just build memnarch

Kruphix Cons:
>I'm going to be a "UG guy", which will get me just as much hate as xenagos
>Things are probably going to get too "cute" or I have to pound in a ton of counterspells
>I don't really get to hit people THAT hard
>>
>>52452090
>Green card draw sucks
>2017
Milling oneself out with Greater Good is actually very easy
>>
>>52452177
But it does? I can run ponder, preordain, brainstorm, serum visions, anticipate and telling time for a super sexy blue card draw package in literally anything. While green has big splashy draw spells, I have access to those with kruphix anyways. Red is better with black, in my opinion, because a lot of red's card draw also requires you to discard something. Red and green without reanimator just gives me the willies.
>>
>>52451673
I would if I had them on tappedout, but I don't know if I care to do it right now since I don't think it's incredibly important to the topic. I'd probably say they're comparable to SCG Commander Versus deck.

As long as it's not full cEDH or people who just bought a precon, my decks are probably reasonable in a multiplayer setting. I could probably pilot a deck someone let me borrow with somewhat competency too, but I'm not going to rely on that.
>>
>>52452253
>SCG Commander Versus deck
are those decks even well built or are they purposefully piloted like shit?
>>
>>52452294
I think they're intentionally crippled to some extent, and the point system discourages certain strategies. I don't typically pay enough attention to comment on how well they are piloted though.
>>
>>52452445
I could see that, I actually like some of the builds on that show
>>
>>52452223
That's card quality not card draw you gigantic retard
>>
>>52452673
Go on, explain.
>>
>>52452702
I think he means it not card advantage, just filtering.
>>
>>52452702
Do you not know what card advantage is? Trading one card for another helps you find answers and smooth out your curve, but it doesn't actually give you gas for longer games.
>>
>>52452721
>>52452756
What fantastic card advantage options does red provide? I mean, to be fair, green has a few quality things like elemental bond, fecundity and harmonize, but I can't think of very many efficient ones that don't have draw backs.
>>
>>52452840
Red doesn't really have much aside from wheels (and those often benefit your opponents), but green card draw and having a commander that builds around fatties is more than enough. Rishkar's Expertise, Soul's Majesty, Garruk Primal Hunter, Momentous Fall and some less huge but still decent ones like Soul of the Harvest, Primordial Sage, Ulvenwald Observer etc.
>>
File: ChaoticJank.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
ChaoticJank.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
So I want to run possibility storm, but aside from Ruric Thar or Melek I'm not sure how. Any ideas?

Also, post other good Red Chaos-Jank.
>>
>>52453113
Mishra
>>
>>52453031
You seem like a knowledgable anon.

In your opinion, what are the hardest things to build around with xenagos? Is it worth throwing a mana crypt in there with all my expensive goodies, or is that better served in kruphix?
>>
>>52453113
let me learn you a thing or two about cards like
>possibility storm
>knolage pool

so these cards activate when cast from HAND
so suspended cards don't give a shit

and there is this cute little izzet commander that does just that

so the combo is
>puzzle box (or other wheel)on field
>knolage pool or possibilty storm on field
>suspend hand
>draw new hand
>suspend hand
>draw new hand
>no one can cast anything and you get everything you want

also works with zada because she copy's spells on cast, so it's a 2 for one on zada
>>
File: Kyren Negotiations.full.jpg (33KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Kyren Negotiations.full.jpg
33KB, 312x445px
Any red decks that can shit out a load of tokens and aren't goblins? I don't want to build krenko, but I want to use pic related somewhere.
>>
>>52453455
Red's tokens are goblins. Deal with it.

If you want to use that without goblins, build Naya Tokens with Sprout Swarm + Mana Echoes
>>
>>52453455
>>52453544
>image literally depicts goblins
>doesn't want to use goblins
>>
>>52453180
I haven't built Xenagos specifically but I've brewed and played a bunch of Naya recently.

In general, I wouldn't recommend fast mana like Chrome Mox, Mox Diamond, Seething Song etc. unless you have a very specific end result you're racing towards, like an infinite combo, a stax lock or reliably drawing a new hand. Without a plan, you'll rush out whatever you want to rush out, end up with the most dangerous board, eat removal or a board wipe and then start topdecking. You'll end up in a similar situation with cards like Savage Summoning unless your commander has hexproof/shroud and needs to come out for your game plan to work.

Mana Crypt, however, is repeatable and has no additional card disadvantage which makes it stupidly good. Average 1.5 damage per turn is nothing compared to what it nets you, so consider it an additional Sol Ring. If you're gonna build both decks and don't want to swap cards around, I'd value it higher in Kruphix than in Xenagos because that deck will already be built to spend excess colorless mana.
>>
File: ftl34_esperCross.jpg (29KB, 620x323px) Image search: [Google]
ftl34_esperCross.jpg
29KB, 620x323px
Due to arbitrary reasons, I'm compelled to make an esper-go-wide deck. Who would be a good commander?
>>
File: Thromok_the_Insatiable.jpg (464KB, 620x476px) Image search: [Google]
Thromok_the_Insatiable.jpg
464KB, 620x476px
>>52453455
Did someone say red tokens deck?
>>
>>52453455
You get goblins for quantity tokens and elementals/dragons for quality tokens, that's red. If you go Boros you get soldiers or any variation there of.
>>
>>52453632
Wise words from a wise man, thank you so much. You're echoing how my gut felt; xenagos is "good enough" on his own, whereas kruphix has a higher ceiling. I'm honestly not going to build Xenagos because he's part of my Uril rape-train, and he's far too spicy in a voltron enchantress deck when paired with iroas.

Any tips about reanimator? I really want to build something rakdos with discard and reanimator, but I think I'm getting too fancy with it and need to choose one or the other.
>>
>>52453663
Sharuum, Zur
>>
>>52451251
>>52450646
>>52450612
>>52450404
Thanks for the input guys,i have themall lined up for the deck. Call for unity seems effective,as does. Make a stand is also a good add for indestructible .Also running some artifacts to trigger Jor Kadeen's ablity,thx again.
>>
File: 133.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
133.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>52453455
Target creature gets +1/+1 and gains double strike until end of turn.
>>
>>52453663
Sydri
>>
>>52453663
Oloro Lifelink Tribal.
>>
>>52453766
Wow forgive my terrible spelling/ punctuation . Also,has anyone tried running the corrupted angels from new inistrad? Seems like a worthwhile add. Was thinking Feldon being added as well.
>>
>>52451602
Best place in London is probably Dark Sphere. They have EDH Sunday afternoon and Tuesday night, generally powerlevel is between casual and 75%.
https://www.darksphere.co.uk/
>>
File: glasses.jpg (19KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
glasses.jpg
19KB, 200x285px
I never see anybody play this, but this stupid one drop wins me games. What are some other deceptively powerful cards you've found?
>>
File: prowlingserpopard.jpg (42KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
prowlingserpopard.jpg
42KB, 265x370px
so what decks will this be in if any?
>>
>>52453976
Not many I'd imagine. In most cases I'd rather run Dosan or City of Solitude.
>>
>>52453730
Rakdos, Lord of Riots with Eldrazi, pingers and reanimation/cheat in from hand is pretty spicy, but I think it would be hard to fit discard into it without making the deck too unreliable. You'll probably find better support for discard+reanimate in Golgari, or you could try brewing a janky Sedris deck.
>>
>>52454020
>but I think it would be hard to fit discard into it without making the deck too unreliable
Rakdos isn't good for methodical discard, but it's not correct that you can't include some in him to great effect. Myojin of Night's Reach is actually one of the best plays a Rakdos player can make. If not countered it's basically gg. He isn't the best shell for reanimation though, since you already have an easy way of shitting out creatures anyway via your general.
>>
>>52451185
>monoblack
>worried about reanimation
Is this bait?
Gisa can go from 0-60 real quick with shit like Phyrexian Dreadnaught, Phyrexian Reclamation is a thing, Zombie Apocalypse is 6 mana, ect. Zombie tribal is persistent tribal even with just mono-black. As for sacrificing, if I even one of my 10 or so lords out, Gravecrawler produces 3 3/3 zombies with each activation of Gisa, and otherwise I can sac zombies for more zombies. This is only accelerated with more lords or shit like Coat of Arms.
>>
>>52453976
Anyone who was running Gaea's Herald
>>
>>52453976
Yeva to counter counterspells.
>>
>>52453295
I think that you don't realize what Puzzle box does. It doesn't give you a new hand if you suspend all of your cards, same goes with Mindmoil and the UR sphinx legend.
Besides, isn't there a better feeling than to dump all of your cheap cards for Possibility Storm and play lottery for big fun cards?
>>
>>52447238
Jace High Tide. It's fun.
>>
File: 117.jpg (82KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
117.jpg
82KB, 312x445px
I think I achieved Johnny nirvana.

So I have Ink-Treader Nephilim and Possibility Storm (PS) out. I have Overblaze in hand. On my upkeep, I get an Oath of Druids trigger which digs through my deck and puts Heartless Hidetsugu onto the field, no haste. I use Baral's Expertise on Ink-Treader, resolving the PS trigger first (only the original targeting Ink-Treader gets exiled). This leads me into.... Seasons Past FUCK YES, which reloads my hand with Niveous Wisps, Rampant Growth, Mana Flare, Mana Confluence and a couple others.

What I need to win is to give Hidetsugu haste, cast Overblaze on Ink-Treader, and nudge my life total by 1 since it's currently even. Aha! Mana Confluence can do just that, but I can only play it at sorcery speed, and Baral's Expertise would bounce everything to my hand first. I look through my graveyard and note that Shelter is not in there, meaning I can draw or PS into it.

First Baral's copy I cast Mana Flare, which PS's into Mass Hysteria. Step 1 complete. I cast Overblaze with 2nd Baral's copy at Ink which PS's into something not useful, but at least Hidetsugu gets double damage. Step 2 complete. Enter Niveous Wisps with the 3rd copy, PS's into something useless. I start drawing through my deck and get more instants, which I cast with further Baral's copies and which dig with further PS triggers. Finally I hit Shelter cast at Ink-Treader. Hidetsugu gets pro blue, doesn't get bounced by Baral's and gets double damage. Play Mana Confluence and pay a life. Tap Hidetsugu and win.

Just as planned.
>>
File: 34.jpg (84KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
84KB, 312x445px
>>52455483
>>
File: 29.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>52455525
>>
>>52455483
I assume that you had more creatures on the field than Ink-Treader and Hidetsugu, because you can't cast anything in the middle of Expertise resolving. You cast the card with the second ability, but it won't resolve or put on stack after Expertise has finished resolving, so you can't counter Expertise with Shelter if you used the Hidetsugu's copy of the spell to play Shelter.
Besides, you can't choose in what order spell's effects resolve, it's always bounce, then cast free spell. Triggers are different thing, you can stack them however you want, but they're only ones that can do that.
>>
>>52455775
I was using my opponents' creatures for Baral's resolutions.

Baral's resolves, bounces an opponents' creature, I cast something from my freshly reloaded hand for free, which puts MORE Possibility Storm triggers and copies of that spell onto the stack.

I can choose to resolve the PS trigger before the Ink-Treader trigger which makes the copies of the spell.
>>
>>52455818
Yeah, I said it about triggers.
Still, I probably have brain problems since I didn't even realize that you didn't cast Shelter off the expertise.
>>
>>52455936
Also, I can cast between copies of Baral's resolving. For Niveous Wisps and other cantrips, that means I draw cards, play instants (which get PS'd and copied), and so on, FOR EACH copy of Baral's Expertise.
>>
>>52456002
The unfortunate side effect is there is one less creature to Target with each BE resolving.
>>
>>52456030
I mean when you cast a cantrip off of Baral's, which gets Stormed into another cantrip, which gets copies and draws more cantrips, which get cast by subsequent copies of Baral's that's a cheap price to pay.
>>
Do you guys think it is safe to sell out of standard and buy into commander staples?
>>
>>52456068
Yeah, I'm just thinking worst case where there's like only 5 critters on the board, the thing is still ridiculous but it can wind down quickly if luck is not on your side.
>>
>>52456002
I know, I meant that you can't cast in between the Baral's Expertise's effects resolving, as in the spell resolving.
>>
>>52456094
Yes. Commander stuff will hold its value over time for the most part.

The Anon boasting about his inktreader makes me want to rebuild my 5-color zada monstrosity. What's a good wincing in there? I'm already tired of Ascendancy/land Animation /draw spells/lab man combos
>>
>>52456209
As the Ink-Treader guy I recommend Heartless Hidetsugu + damage doubler
>>
>>52456094
Safe is a relative term. It's safer, yes, since the majority of your standard collection will be useless in 2 years. However even with reserve list cards you still can lose value. Between legacy bans and new cards that obsolete older ones you can lose a lot of cash. The same things can happen in standard though.

In short, don't invest in cardboard, play with it.
>>
>>52453455
I'm experimenting with Latulla, Keldon Overseer as the general in a Goblin-ish EDH deck. Now, before someone burns me at the stake, do a quick read.

Latulla is a Fireball on a body. Goblins are small and great for opening damage but a lame mid to late game. Red has ramp spells like Brightstone Ritual and such which give you mana based on the amount of creatures you have. Skirk Prospector allows you to sack Goblins and tokens for mana. Red also has damage doublers for both combat damage and non-combat damage. The deck would allow you to get in some damage early then get your opponent into just low enough range for Latulla to fireball them in the face.

Not top tier by any means but it's a nice change of pace.
>>
File: 95.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
95.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
>>52453455
Zad--, uhh Purphoros? But you'll still be mostly goblins.
>>
>>52453295
there are things that do give you a new hand
>>
>>52453455
You're better off adding another color to red if you don't want to use goblins.
>>
>>52455483
too bad he's not a commander
>>
File: 6759734589172438912.png (115KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
6759734589172438912.png
115KB, 223x311px
>>52439233

Anyone have ideas for card advantage on this besides scroll rack and top? Last week when I played it, I dumped 4 enchantments, 5 lands, 2 instants, and 1 very dangerous planeswalker without a good way to bring them back.
>>
>>52457408
Shit deck. Scrap it
>>
>>52457408
Graveborn Muse dude
>>
>>52457408
Also, the new Cryptbreaker and Relentless Dead. Oversold Cemetary, Unholy Grotto, Gravespawn Sovereign, Phyrexian Reclamation
>>
>>52457424

I owe my buddy 5 dollars thanks to your dumbass.
>>
File: image (39).jpg (32KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
image (39).jpg
32KB, 200x285px
>>52457408
>>
>>52457472

thats...not a cheap card
>>
File: 8NQMN7y.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
8NQMN7y.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I am retiring this deck. It's pretty boring to play. I will bust it out once a month maybe but that's it.

Right now I have:

>Phage

Black good stuff. There is no way to actually cast Phage without losing in this deck.

>Edric

Tempo Edric. Surprisingly good for how little money I put in.

>Kozolek, The Great Distortion

Boring as fuck ramp deck. But it's at just the right amount of casual that it's fun to play with randos.

Any dank secret card I should play for these decks?
>>
>>52453113
Mishra. Possibility Storm also hard-locks opponents with Teferi, which is an interesting flavor win for Mishra.

>>52457408
Not card advantage, but I would recommend Rotting Rats and Corpse Connoisseur
>>
>>52457657

I only play Prossh when my store does Commander nights with win a boxes and big prizes. It's lame and unfun but competitive multiplayer commander is dumb in the first place.
>>
>>52457657
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z51UEPX5MI

Though I never built Phage, this deck tech made me kind of want to try. There are ways to get her onto the battlefield and keep playing which is what would make the deck quite fun.

As for your other decks, just look for low power commanders and try to make them as good as you can. Prophecy had a few fun mono color commanders which might benefit from things that were in Prosh.
>>
>>52457772
What Prophecy?
>>
File: 1467304555633.gif (6MB, 768x540px) Image search: [Google]
1467304555633.gif
6MB, 768x540px
>haven't played Commander in months
>bring janky, themed Ayli and Rubinia decks to FLGS
>expect fun
>slaughter opponents
>get salt

Feels bad, man. I don't like playing against inexperienced opponents. They even get cranky when I gain infinite life at sorcery speed, despite never throwing any counters or removal my way.

I mean, Ayli is DESIGNED to go infinite. It's practically in her name.
>>
>>52457927
Ayli
Ayylium
To infinity and beyond? That's a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>52457580
judge promo is a lot cheaper than that portal nonsense
>>
>>52457954
>infinite
>eternal

>endless
I also combo off with Endless One and Enduring Renewal and death triggers, so there's that.
>>
>>52457849
Masques Block: Mercadian Masques, Prophecy, and Nemesis. Those sets had some fun mono commanders. Volrath, Greel, and Jolrael would all be fun to play and can be made competitive if you ever wanted to.
>>
>>52457986
Volrath's great, good luck keeping him from being hated off the board

>whoops 21 commander damage in one swing GG
Fucking love Volrath

Jolrael shuts down board-wipes like a boss.
>>
>>52457657
some nice secret tech in kozilek is playing the better one as your commander
>>
File: zada.jpg (49KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
zada.jpg
49KB, 265x370px
best zada tech?
>>
File: 1490645210036.gif (800KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490645210036.gif
800KB, 500x500px
>>52458575
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/591294#paper
focus on draw spells
dual caster combos with twin flame
firy gambit is a win con

t.zada only player

thats my finished deck
no budget cuts besides mana crypt
>>
>>52458648
>Boiling Blood
That's fucking awesome.

Seize the Day + Angel's Trumpet (so you can have things untapped to attack more than one extra time)?
>>
>>52458648
The only Zada deck I ever saw killed someone with a Reckless Charge. Thoughts on that card?
>>
>>52458660
you don't need trumpet
since seize the day says "untap target creature"
target zada and it will untap all

thing is for every spell copy, it dosentb give you another combat step since they all resolve at once
so it's only 1 extra

it seems allright but i don't personly run it

i like chaos warping zada and turning my tokens into permanents
>>
>>52458688
its okay but i switched out all the buffs to stuff that gives trample, because since board wipe is counter intuitive, you have trouble with creatures

>>52458575
one thing that you NEED to remember is that she says "spells that ONLY target zada"
so fall of the hammer and stuff dosen't work even though it says it does on edh rec

also remember that zadas ability's on cast, so if they want to counter, they have to counter EVERY COPY

also
>on cast
>my face when pic related
>>
>>52458725
>it dosentb give you another combat step since they all resolve at once
Except it does.

They all resolve essentially at once, all your dudes untap, you get the first extra combat and main phase. And then you spend a ludicrous number of extra combats and main phases with your creatures tapped unless you've got vigilance or something.

It seems really awesome in Zada if you can pull it off.
>>
File: 1490646708835.gif (899KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490646708835.gif
899KB, 600x600px
>>52458861
"after this one"
>all spells resolve
>all say "after this one"
>after that phase no more abbilitys are trying to trigger
am i misunderstanding?

even if it works that way, the untap engine seems like a waste of a card slot

you could do the
sword of feast and famine + aggravated assault
combo for unlimited

but after drawing your whole deck, double casting twin flame, and each creature has trample and +10 +10

you just kill in one turn

extra turns just dosent seem worth it in zada when you kill everyone in one with pure dmg, infant tokens, or fiery gambit
>>
>>52458861
>Needing to take extra combat steps after drawing 15 cards for one mana.
>>
>>52458942
Yeah, each one makes an extra combat and main phase after this one. So after they all resolve there's a big ol' train of extra phases.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THIS EXAMPLE BUT YOU GET IT ANYWAYS: Zada + 2 tokens
Cast Seize the Day, Zada makes two copies for the tokens. Copy A resolves, untaps a token, makes bonus combat A and bonus main phase A after this main phase. Then copy B resolves, untaps the other token, and makes a bonus combat B and main phase B after this main phase. Finally the original Seize the Day resolves, untaps Zada and makes bonus combat Z and main phase Z after this main phase. When you're done with this main phase, you enjoy bonus combat Z and bonus main phase Z. Then you go to bonus combat B and bonus main phase B, then bonus combat A and bonus main phase A. You want something to keep your dudes untapped for those. Also while it's a little complicated, it won't ever matter whether the extra pairs of phases came from a copy or not, so don't worry about that, it's just to help follow how the extra phases do pile up. They just keep slipping extra phases into the sandwich that is your turn.

I think a video would be a better way to explain it.

But you're correct, FaF Assault's much better, forget Seize the Day.
>>
>>52459081
but thats just not a thing zada carers about doing.
i use to run the sword/ass combo, but i just over time take out the cards that do nothing
that combo was part of it
>>
Playing Daxos enchantments and was wondering if Rule of Law is worth it? Seems like something that will be destroyed quickly but tutoring for Karmic Justice is something I always try to do and the fact I can still pump out tokens seems like it won't hinder me as much as other players.
>>
>>52458942
how do you double cast twin flame? don't you just get 1 extra creature from it since it's a copy, not cast?
>>
>>52459184
mizzex mastery
past in flames
heat shimmer
>>
>>52459173
I've been mulling this exact question in my head today, but my Daxos is less built around the abilities of my enchantments than it is to those of my Zombie creatures.
>>
>>52458648
Kari Zev's expertise to dump your hand after drawing a ton?
>>
>>52459225
I've talked to you before about Daxos. I finally got most of the cards I wanted for him today but noticed Rule of Law in my folder.

Seems like such a fuck you card to drop after people have already used up most of their removal on my other big enchantments.
>>
>>52459227
>>52459098
another one of the cards that doses nothing
drawing into a ritual seems like it does better and is more flexible in its uses.
i had it in there but cycled it out
my next to be cycled out card is goblin king
>>
>>52459246
If you have multiple, reliable mana sinks in your deck already than I'd say go for it.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1490936042818.jpg (18KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1490936042818.jpg
18KB, 223x310px
So, I'm building her and no one is giving me any sort of interesting tip.
Is voltron with the armor/collar/plate/scythe all there is to her? Please /tg/, I know she can be interesting, you're my only hope
>>
File: Image (40).jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (40).jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>52459246
Another way to control opponents' cast would be with pic related. Just have better ways of out valuing them
>>
>>52458648
>building Zada
>without Desperate Ritual and Into the Fray
Why else would we even exist?
>>
>>52459442
>Into the Fray
why?
>>
>>52459442
That new art for Desperate Ritual is fantastic.
>>
>>52459463
To make Desperate Ritual target retard.
>>
>>52459570
seems dumb
>>
>>52459597
Yeah fuck 30 mana in a deck that can draw itself. I hate winning.
>>
So I got a story of salt to tell today, /edhg/

>Decide to breakout Tasigur, which is basically just Villainous Wealth.dec in disguise. Hardly degenerate
>Opponents are Teneb, Varolz, and Breya
>Durdle for a few turns, ramp pretty darn hard and there's a Heartbeat of Spring and two Dictate of Karametra's out.
>Breya dude has Soul of New Phyrexia out, equips Cranial Plating and casts Bruse. Swings at Teneb player for like, I think 18.
>Varolz dude pops a Nissa ultimate (the one thats horn of greed) and beacon of unrest's my Regal Behemoth.
>Teneb player is playing passive enchantments, nothing really degenerate. He does have a Homeward Path tho
>My turn
>Draw Villainous Wealth
>Cast it, X=24.
>Two oft he guys don't know what it is, Varolz player starts laughing cuz I targeted Breya player.
>Cast Twincast, copy and target Varolz player
>He goes silent for a moment, can see he isn't happy. Says "why are you targeting the players who aren't doing anything"
>If I target Teneb, he can just homeward path everything back. Waste of time.
>After everything settles, I end up with like 6-7 creatures.
>This process takes maybe like 7 minutes.
>Cast a card that gives me another turn
>Go to combat on next turn
>Varolz player scoops, saying that "wow youre wasting my fucking time" and "ya know other people want have fun too"

Like, I'm the type of person who takes incredibly short turns in the first place. I've seen guys at my LGS that take 5 minutes EACH turn. Mine take under 20 seconds usually. I get the thing about not having fun, but how would I be having fun if I didn't do exactly what the deck was designed to do? It's not a degenerate combo deck, it's a deck that's built to use opponents cards against them. Like, i feel bad because I made him angry but honestly, I just wanna tell him to stop being a dickhead.
>>
>>52460290
I love villainous wealth
not your fault
>>
>>52460290
He's the same type of guy who complains when I Oona+ashnods+raining grounds instead of architect+pili-pala because I don't wanna go full degenerate combo
These people will only be happy in winning
>>
>>52460290
You were casting a janktastic sorcery, not even guaranteed to get something good. I would be more mad if you were doing it with Bribery.
>>
>play 2hg game
>its 3 hours long and I spent 2 hours plusing the same two walkers and getting every spell removed
>won but the game went on so long it didnt even feel worth it
do I stop playing 2hg?
>>
>>52460713
You should stop playing Atraxa.
>>
>>52460624
>>52460341
>>52460312
Like, the whole deck is built around playing others spells.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/villainous-wealth-feat-tasigur/

It's incredibly weak, and only utilizes it's control elements to make sure Villainous Wealth doesnt get countered, which I think the Teneb player had Dawn Charm in his hand anyway. Sure I have a few tutors in the deck, but I knew what I was going for and kept the turns short.
>>
File: cacklingfaggots.jpg (27KB, 465x455px) Image search: [Google]
cacklingfaggots.jpg
27KB, 465x455px
>>52460854
>using others' spells
Doesn't run Perplexing Chimera
>>
>>52460895
Eh.. it was in the deck originally but I took it out. Didn't like it.
>>
>>52460770
>tfw playing atraxa superfriends

>tfw most of the deck is just boardclears (that don't hit planeswalkers)
>>
>>52460770
I was playing gruul. I went through half of my deck at battlecruiser magic speed.
>>
>>52460994
New Thread
>>52460994
>>
>>52457927
>janky
>infinites

Pick one, retard
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.