[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 30

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Hammer Time Edition
What is your opinion on adventuring crafters? Does it make sense for blacksmiths, alchemists, artificers and similar to adventure? How are you even going to carry a forge with you? Also, Blacksmith from Spheres of Might is still bonkers.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread: >>52344476
>>
>>52348155
It makes perfectly sense. A professional party should have their equipment custom crafted inhouse by one or more of their number instead of hoping that the shop has what they need.

This is why GMs who ban crafting are dumb
>>
>>52348193
crafting is banned because it tends to make WBL nonexistent.
>>
Threadly reminder that there's no reason not to let Bushi gain proficiency with Dueling Swords or Estocs instead of Katanas.
>>
>>52348201
>WBL meme
Bad GM detected
>>
>>52348215
>wbl is just a meme

And we're done here.

>>52348212
then suck your DM's dick about it, who gives a shit.
>>
>>52348215
WBLmancy is still a problem, you dweeb. Crafting shatters expected power expectations for CR.
>>
Just reminding you that Legacy of Blood and Flame exists.
>>
>>52348229
PFS player detected
>>52348232
There comes a point where time is more important than money and when items begin costing in the tens of thousands of GP, PCs can tend to begin to risk being undergeared for their level if they wait for their crafting projects to finish.

At best crafting stretches wbl to about 130~140% the actual value or less if the entire group is relying on one to two out of the five to craft their gear.
>>
>>52348155
I played around with the concept of a travelling blacksmith once, I never ended up doing it because the more I looked into mundane crafting the more it disappointed me, but I worked out an interesting idea. I think it's doable by raw, but only on merit of taking advantage of big holes in the rules left by two undeveloped systems Paizo shat out.

See, a heavy wagon vehicle takes up a space of 2x4 squares. The rooms rule requires a minimum 8 squares to build a forge, which you'd just barely meet this way. Because room rules pretty much give you no limitation on where they're allowed to be put other than some loose handwaving on it, you should be able to just stick a forge on a wagon and travel around like that to be allowed to craft Full Plate on the road or whatever.
>>
>>52348243
So does WWW, desperado, rough rider, you know you don't want none of, etc, etc
>>
>>52348201
>it tends to make WBL nonexistent.
Only if you're running AP with complete disregard to how your players make their characters, or something equal silly.
>>
>>52348330
>people can onyl play APs

>crafting doesn't rape WBL

Its like a meme.
>>
Reminder that people who think crafting is broken is just as stupid as people who think crane stance is broken and the synthesist is better than the base summoner.
>>
>>52348318
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6mYGcNgKn8
>>
>>52348351
Yeah, its not like things can even legitimately cause problems in a game

Broken blade being overpowered is just a meme anon!
>>
Why is thrashing dragon considered a natural attack discipline when pretty much all its stances only work when you are two weapon fighting?

Would it kill dsp to have typed "or natural weapons" in thre somewhere?
>>
>>52348212
>not also having options for either Shotel or Falcata
What are you, gay?
>>
>>52348342
>people can onyl play APs
If you're too fucking retarded to read a complete sentence, you seriously need to kill yourself. Like, right away.
>>
>>52348387
you first senpai
>>
>>52348367
Two can play this game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3kkVGuiKFI
>>
>>52348342
Its even worse for homebrew campaigns as GMs can literally pressure his PCs to go adventuring every day.
>>
>>52347621
>>52347632

Okay this got a giggle out of me.
>>
>>52348399
No, seriously. I can give you step by step instructions if you need them.
>>
Am I looking in the wrong places, or is the info on the Qlippoth Lords super scarce?
>>
>>52348422
how about you perform a demonstration
>>
>>52348427
Qlippoths have basically no support. I believe a new book of the damned is going to be coming out soon that gives a lot more information on the rulers of the lesser known and utilized fiends, such as Qlippoth Lords, Oni Daimyo, and the like.
>>
>>52348427
It's super scarce.
>>
>>52348427
It is.
Because just like every other thing Paizo has worked on, whenever they ha WA cool concept they either ignore or squander it for the sake of appeasing hipsters
>>
>>52348469
Soon (tm)
Like everything that could be good about Paizo.
>>
>>52348469
>>52348474
>>52348483
Isn't there a species of Qlippoth listed in one of the books that has never once appeared, gotten a statblock, or even a picture?
>>
File: Chef Warrior.png (670KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Chef Warrior.png
670KB, 752x1063px
What would be a good title for a member of the Ordre des Repas Exotiques i.e. a Battle-Chef?

inb4 The Iron Chef
>>
File: Bogeyman Jakan 3 Jack Kaiser.jpg (76KB, 750x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Bogeyman Jakan 3 Jack Kaiser.jpg
76KB, 750x1014px
Alright /pfg/, gotta ask for a little build help.

One of the PCs in my group fought a bogeyman awhile ago and forced it to retreat, but didn't manage to kill it. Now I'm planning to have it come back with 7 levels of Antipaladin. What are the best, nastiest tricks I can have this thing pull for an Intimidate build?
>>
>>52348553
Signature Skill (Intimidate)

it's kind of a dick move though because the party will spend most of their time running away and they probably won't find it fun
>>
How does acrobatics works to avoid AoOs? imagine there're 3 dudes near me, then 2 dudes two squares away (that I also going to cross). Do I roll once and try to surpass everybody CMD+10? do I roll once for the immediate ones and pass CMD+6 and then again and pass CMD+10?
>>
>>52348602
You roll acrobatics once and apply it to each DC individually.
>>
What do you do when you expected dungeon crawler kind of players and instead you end up with Machiavellian, liars, conman, usurpers players.
>>
>>52348624
Celebrate
>>
>>52348553
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GG-j2Uu9bT3rGEMtS5tx8Fu_7i8heNyKxZDPBFwjN9E/edit#
>>
>>52348591
Pretty sure you can only target one creature at a time, though I suppose there are feats to affect more. Then again the only one I can think of requires you to kill an enemy to work.
>>
>>52348624
Kill them, find a new group or tell them to reroll. Pathfinder isn't made for that and I'm honestly not interested in that sort of stuff either.
>>
>>52348660
Dazzling Display
>>
>>52348624
Retool the game so all the NPCs are Machiavellian, liars, conmen, and usurpers.
>>
>>52348660
Cornugon Smash could demoralize as many creatures as you could land hits on if I recall.
>>
>>52348642
Awesome, thanks!

>>52348670
Oh right, forgot that one.
>>
For Path of War, are daggers considered light blades or close weapons?
>>
Suddenly I have a great urge to apply for Penitentiary Lobster Diners with a fake app about a medic in a gas mask with two colt .45s. It's hard not to, the character would fit the setting so perfectly!
>>
File: 1 eon in MSpaint.jpg (49KB, 540x339px) Image search: [Google]
1 eon in MSpaint.jpg
49KB, 540x339px
>>52348617
Ok, imagin pic related
I'm blue, and I want to move to the bottom left part of the map. Red are foes.
So I roll acrobatics vs CMD (of each foe) +10? even though some of them (the two away from the group) aren't bothering me yet?
>>
>>52348712
Check the fighter weapon groups
>>
>>52348712
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/#Weapon_Training_Ex

Check the dang weapon groups you silly anon.

They're light blades.
>>
>>52348712
Its based on their Fighter group
>>
>>52348714
Better move fast, it closes up in what, 6 hours or some shit?
>>
>>52348712
Close: bayonet, brass knuckles, cestus, dan bong, emei piercer, fighting fan, gauntlet, heavy shield, iron brush, katar, klar, light shield, madu, mere club, punching dagger, rope gauntlet, sap, scizore, spiked armor, spiked gauntlet, spiked shield, tekko-kagi, tonfa, unarmed strike, wooden stake, and wushu dart.

Blades, Light: bayonet, butterfly knife, butterfly sword, chakram, dagger, deer horn knife, gladius, hunga munga, kama, katar, kerambit, kukri, machete, madu, manople, pata, quadrens, rapier, sawtooth sabre, scizore, shortsword, sica, sickle, starknife, swordbreaker dagger, sword cane, wakizashi, and war razor.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/#TOC-Weapon-Training-Ex-
>>
>>52348699

Although you gotta put a pip into strength because the boogeyman's a dexfag apparently.

Power Attack+Cornugan Smash+Hurtful+Signature Skill (Intimidate) is a really fucking nasty combo, though.
>>
>>52348726
Yes, it's all part of the same move action, which you're trying not to provoke. However, if the closer guys do something to stop you from moving, such as a trip AoO, you'll fall down prematurely and won't provoke from the far-away guys since you weren't able to complete your movement.
>>
File: 1230025997352.jpg (34KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1230025997352.jpg
34KB, 512x512px
What interesting ways have you themed the psychic armory soulknife

Is there any way for the class to get some kind of simple telekinesis/mage hand/whatever at will to better fit a more general telekinetic theme too?
>>
Tell me about ranged disciplines. Is it better than the tried and true volume of attacks+deadly aim+adaptive combo when it comes to damage?
>>
>>52348754
>>52348699
Could be worth the effort, since 2 claws a round isn't terrible, both being at his entire BAB.
>>
>>52348793
>ranged disciplines
Mostly you end up just using boosts to get more shots off rather than strikes. That enhances your full attacks.
>>
>>52348754
What if you just put in 3 levels of Antipaladin and the rest in Vigilante for the one talent that deals scaling damage with demoralization?
>>
>>52348791
Are you playing with High Psionics in-effect to grant the PsyArm the ability to have Gifted Blade manifesting for free? If so, there are some powers which imitate Mage Hand as well as telekinetic abilities.
>>
>>52348811
So the single attacks are mostly for when you're forced to not make a full attack?
>>
>>52348793
Solar wind. Stalker. Get a x4 weapon on your crit. Range doesn't matter.
Cyclops helm or at 11th you get a force crit strike.
Force crit. Activate deadly strikes. Activate murderous insight. Activate time skitter. Full on ranged full attack.
>>
>>52348833
Or when you want to do something other than do damage, yes. Sometimes it might be better to do an AoE for example, or cause a rider effect.
>>
File: 1452323640920.png (3MB, 1500x2300px) Image search: [Google]
1452323640920.png
3MB, 1500x2300px
HAMMER TIME!!!
>>
>>52348726
It's actually +8, not +10, is +2 per ADDITIONAL enemy.
>>
>>52348859
The fire damage kind of scares me.
>>
>>52348832
Yes.

I'm hoping to find something that can at least do a mage hand equivalent at will without PP or can use/expend psionic focus to do similar, though, because it's silly that you can't do that but you CAN create big walls or explosions with just psionic focus and the right blade skill.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (33KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
33KB, 1280x720px
>going through Paizo made AP
>everyone built Sex based characters independent of eachother
>All the story artifacts are big Str weapons
>everyone else is weapon specific build
>I have 12Str are and have to hump the artifact hammer around
Anyone else experience something like this?
>>
>>52348824
What talent is that? Was planning on 7 levels to get a fiendish bear companion because antipaladin of Folca but damage is always a nice option.
>>
>>52348940
>sex-based
>>
>>52348955
Let's face it, going by /pfg/ standards, that isn't too hard to imagine.
>>
>>52348940
>>52348955
>Sex
*Dex!
Curse you /pfg/, you've corrupted my phone!
>>
>>52348940
Happened to our party going through Wrath of the Righteous.
>>
>>52348915
PoW:E States that you can change around the element. You can go Ice -> Frostbite Halo and shred resistance. You can also go into Solar Wind Style and get around immunity.
>>
>>52348940
Our party found a +14 shortsword that none of us can use due to being weapon-specific, low-bab, no proficiency, or being fucked over by its Axiomatic and Unholy qualities.
>>
File: UproariousLaughter.jpg (66KB, 545x582px) Image search: [Google]
UproariousLaughter.jpg
66KB, 545x582px
>>52348971
>>
>>52348978
Details?
>>
>>52348953
>Twisting Fear (Ex): Whenever the vigilante causes an opponent to gain the shaken, frightened, or panicked condition, that opponent takes an amount of nonlethal damage equal to the vigilante’s reduced hidden strike damage, as the stress wears upon its body. A creature can’t take damage from twisting fear more than once per round. Panicked creatures that take damage from twisting fear are too winded even to scream as they flee in terror. Only a stalker vigilante can select this talent.

Can be pretty nasty if you have a way to make all your intimidates go into Frightened, like the 1st level of Thug rogue and Equipment Trick: Cloak.
>>
>>52348979
Also because you're a stalker, you can take rogue talents, gaining more essence to shred more cold resist with.
>>
>>52348985
>+14

Explain
>>
File: laughing gul'dan.webm (367KB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
laughing gul'dan.webm
367KB, 718x404px
>>52348971
Don't worry, the worst is yet to come.
>>
>>52348985
+14 shortsword
You know I don't think I'd be too concerned with nonproficiency penalties if I found that. And I doubt whatever I'm specialized in is better than those raw numbers anyway.
>>
File: RATTLE ME BONES.gif (1MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
RATTLE ME BONES.gif
1MB, 360x360px
>>52348940
>wanted to make rapier duelist magus at the start of campaign
>party needed a support character so I end up an alchemist focused on ranged combat instead
>mfw almost a year later, the big brute martial PCs are either gone or swapped out for wimpy fullcasters
>I'm too deep in plot to feel good about swapping to a different character
>mfw we keep finding cool as fuck swords, including unique rapiers
>mfw another PC, whose player didn't know about my original plan, gets a leadership cohort who is a rapier duelist magus
>I have to watch this clueless asshole NPC run around using all the shit I was hoping to use

JUST
>>
>>52348985
>axiomatic and unholy
Just be best alignment anyway.
>>
>>52348940
>Join RotRL in progress
>GM tells me the party composition
>Its composed of nothing but tier 3s and 4s and no full casters
>Decide to play sorc instead of wizard so they don't get too screwed over
>Every piece of equipment we get from our adventures are really good- If you are a wizard
>Paizo nerfs mnemonic vestment midway through the campaign
>Wear robe of runes until I can afford to craft my otherwordly kimono
It wasnt so bad, at least the party had extra gp to play around with since we pretty much sold all the wizard loot I can't use.
>>
>>52349027
It always sucks when the big brute martial PCs have to go

Lemme guess- there was only one full-BaB martial in there in the first place?
>>
>>52348940
>>52348971
More seriously, check with the GM to see if you can get any of the weapons reforged as finesse-based weapons. Mechanics-wise it shouldn't cost anything past paying for an experienced wizard-smith to do the work.
>>
>>52349014
He kept rolling really high on the tables for what magic item we'd find.

And he decided to just let it go because statistical anomalies are fun.

>>52349024
Well it's not just a flat 14. If I recall correctly, it's... Axiomatic, Unholy, Shocking Burst, and Speed. Then +4.

Really good for killing CG rebels I guess.

The Fighter is a reach-guy and has the Twohand archetype.
The rogue is a pixie.
The wizard is a wizard.
The Summoner is Good.
The Monk is a monk.
The Oracle is Good.
My Cavalier is Good.
My witch is, sadly, a witch.
>>
>>52349004
So an extra 2d4 whenever he scares people. I'd say it's a lot more worthwhile for a pure vigilante though, as opposed to what works out to 4-5 damage at CR 17.
>>
>>52349070
The problem is the Hammer is important for fluff macguffin reasons.
Luckily, I've got access to enlarging weapons, so I just get huge and get the strength needed from that.

Though, if we find another bloody hammer, I'm smelting that dicker down into something else.
>>
File: Inca Treasure.jpg (265KB, 1600x768px) Image search: [Google]
Inca Treasure.jpg
265KB, 1600x768px
>>52348201
>>52348215
>>52348229
Since WBL has already been brought up...

If I use automatic bonus progression and make the magic items really rare and often not available to purchase... Should I expect my PCs to spend their wealth on stuff "RP stuff" like houses, servants, and decorative stuff? Or am I making a horrible mistake?
>>
>>52349100
It depends on if you actually encourage them to do more than be murderhobos.

It might take some nudging, since a lot of players are used to DMs fucking them over any time they build any kind of attachments to anything.
>>
>>52349100
Some of your PCs will probably find the bonuses to be useless and still buy the specific shit that makes their builds work.
>>
>>52349100
No, because they're still going to need equipment special material weapons and armor, alchemical items, etc.

Just find something else.
>>
>>52349095
It's more that you have the ability to deal damage while putting out mass-disables at the same time. I guess that's only abnormal for noncasters anyway but you can make intimidates brutally hard to resist.
>>
>>52349127
to play I mean. PF doesn't do what you're looking for super well.
>>
>>52349100
Not really, no. You need to provide incentive to buy RP stuff rather than making non-RP stuff less appealing.
>>
>>52349100

PCs buy RP stuff when you present reasons for them to buy RP stuff.

Have them go to a home auction or find a haunted villa they can ghostbust and renovate.

Have them meet a man who wants to start up a mine and needs some partners.
>>
>>52348991
Party was a Sorcerer (me), a PoW unarmed user (forgot what in particular), a true neutral dexfag, and the DMPC's paladin.

I wasn't all that shafted, but the PoW and TN dexfag ate shit in terms of loot.
>>
>>52349177
>they kill all the ghosts, complain about no loot and leave the house to rot
>"No. Find someone else."
>>
>>52349100
Well the general idea is that if you're using a system that gives them the bonuses the game math assumes they'll have without having to spend money on magic items...

you give them less money to start with.

It lets you make money an actual resource, not just a second exp track, and PCs don't become clad in the entire GDP of a fucking continent by 12th level.
>>
>>52349128
Fair point, and I do like the idea of a regular PC race vigilante using it because they'd get much better damage in there. 9d4 instead of this creeps 2d4. But worth considering at least.
>>
>>52349100
Give the PCs an estate (or each an estate if it's that kind of game), and have separate funds for RP stuff, that does NOT take away from regular gold gain. They *can* with some difficulty just fucking embezzle some of that for adventurer-useful things, but make that come with risk, consequences and many enemies, within and without.
>>
>>52349193
I'm reminded of a mission from one of Skyrim's DLCs, where you stumble upon an elf trying to excavate an old ruin for cash, and he needs a partner. If you incentivize that there might be SWEET LOOT or PLOT DEVICES in the haunted house or mine, then they'll flock to it like flies to shit
>>
>>52349196
You realize organizations in pathfinder make dumb amounts of money. By background rules the Lumber Consortium moves over 17 million gold pieces per year.
>>
>>52349041
>any alignment but Neutral Cynical
>best

It's like you want to set yourself up for disappointment.
>>
>>52349221
The issue isn't getting them there it's getting them to stick around.
>>
>>52349193
The trick is you give players stuff like a house, then you give them an income and circumstance bonuses for sleeping there infrequently, like no fatigue for low rest for 3-4 days after each time they sleep there, or there's cool shit that their household and procured like plot hooks or material wealth that turns up.

Boom, done. Players love loot that gives them bonuses.
>>
File: Jon I feel nothing.gif (108KB, 269x200px) Image search: [Google]
Jon I feel nothing.gif
108KB, 269x200px
>>52349066
Yes. There was only one full BaB martial in party, and they were the first to go, and ooc drama from a new player meant they weren't allowed back even when they attempted to reconcile.

I'm really starting to wonder if I should abandon my obsession with versatile stuff like Inquisitor and memebuilds like Underground Chemist/Scout URogue and just make a full BaB beatstick next time, since even a UMonk would probably be an improvement. We're skating by right now (dude summoner lmao) but it's way more of a pain in the ass than it should be.
>>
>>52349211
Oh yeah I wasn't considering the monster part at all, my bad.
>>
>>52349113
>>52349145
>nudging
>incentive

What if I said this was for Kingmaker?
>>
>>52349230
Diogenese pls go.
>>
>>52349256

>Join Kingmaker
>Complain about staying in one place

... Isn't this the campaign that encourages getting spouses and having kids?
>>
>>52349254
Full BAB feels good once in a while

Not worrying about hitting shit ever even when unbuffed is underrated.
>>
>>52348591
They get a Will Save that isn't too bad to reduce it to shaken.
>>
>>52349275
I never said anything about the PCs staying in one place...?
>>
>>52349287

I have never played a class with less than full BAB.

How do you guys function with the partial stuff?
>>
>>52349269
>Not playing Diogenes the Cynic
>not wanking off in the middle of the street
>not annoying people with your lantern in the middle of the day
>not throwing chickens are rude fuckers who think they know about philosophy
>not living in a barrel

My favorite quote about Diogenes was about immediately after Alexander the Great met with him. Alexander the Great walked away saying "If I were not Alexander I think perhaps I would want Diogenes.". To which Diogenes replies "If I was not Diogenes I think I too would want to be Diogenes.".

God damn that is some good shit.

I actually wrote a good 200k of a novel dealing with a cyberpunk future based in part of Diogen philosophy.
>>
>>52349322
Touch attacks and causing saves, mostly.
>>
>>52348971
>>52348940
>Sex-based
>hump the artifact hammer
>>
>>52349322
I summon something to make attacks and take lumps for me. I get to act the turn after its spawned while it continues to do my bidding even if it isnt as effective (?) as a regular full bab nigger.
>>
File: 42478023_p5_master1200.jpg (677KB, 1200x683px) Image search: [Google]
42478023_p5_master1200.jpg
677KB, 1200x683px
>Also, Blacksmith from Spheres of Might is still bonkers.

What makes it bonkers?
>>
>>52349254
Feels bad man, hope the party gets better. It always sucks when OOC drama gets in the way of party dynamics. The same thing happened to me when a player felt that their playstyle just didn't mesh with the rest of the party they were a nonlethal build in a party with a Zweisent, a Bushi, and a Brutal Slayer

You really should tell the dramatic player to lay off- if the full-BaB dude tried to apologize and reconcile then they should at least listen

>>52349467
It deals better damage than the Fighter and does better crafting than a Wizard. Ask the Discord why.
>>
>>52349287
>>52349322
Played a Bloodrager once, but I had the unfortunate problem of it being a 2-PC party without gestalt and having ultra shit luck so he died a miserable death. Sucks, because he was fun.

Otherwise? It depends on the class. Investigator has been my favorite so far, but that's mostly because mutagen+swift study is an amazing setup that patches the fact that I'm 3/4th BAB. Unfortunately I'm super behind on magic items, so unless I'm drugged up and able to study I'm REALLY FAR BEHIND, but that can be remedied down the road. Assuming that game ever comes back from the dead.
>>
>>52349467
>people call Blacksmith overloaded when PoW classes that do everything exist
>>
>>52349531
Yeah, but PoW classes aren't doing it all passively in a way that makes it perfect for multiclassing. you actually have to dedicate levels to PoW shit.
>>
>>52349505
It feels very bad, man. Life goes on and such though.
Don't know details, but whatever happened resulted in the barbarian player getting blocked and the drama player refusing to acknowledge them.
>>
>>52349531

Blacksmith actually does more damage than PoW classes. As in 'Wipe a CR 16 guy off the map on a 2+ at level 5'
>>
>>52349600
Hope the barbarian player does well- they seem reasonable at least. They can't be /that/ bad if they try to apologize and reconcile.

9 times out of 10 it's politics that causes these things. 's why I institute a few rules at the table- no politics or religion of any sort is the number 1 rule
>>
File: 1487991780325.png (79KB, 188x188px) Image search: [Google]
1487991780325.png
79KB, 188x188px
>>52349467
>>52349505
>>52349531
Blacksmith, being all passive, is great for gestalt.

How many blacksmith gestalts do you think we'll see in the future if Ssalarn doesn't nerf it?
>>
>>52349631
How?
>>
>>52349642
I doubt SoM wll get nearly the level of acceptance of SoP. But I can predict something stupid like an SoM Blacksmith gestalt with an SoP Incanter or something silly like that

I know I'm not allowing it at my table
>>
>>52349649
By following 2hu the autismo's instructions
>>
>>52349642
In its current state, every noncaster gestalt will be better off having it.
>>
John Henry or Paul Bunyan.
>>
>>52349642
because no GM will allow the class.
>>
>>52349649

Here we go >>52344644

2Hu threw some math together on a guy who basically makes a giant barrel of acid and throws it at people.
>>
>>52349467
I'm looking at the blacksmith class and I'm not seeing what's so great about it aside from "combo with Berserk sphere to have thunder-strike proc more often", magic item crafting, and a scaling damage boost but nothing that would/should put it above a figter or barbarian in terms of fightyness unless I'm missing something.
>>
>>52349225
That's an entire organization.
>>
People keep talking about this blacksmith, anyone mind linking it?
>>
>>52349692
That doesn't seem like a blacksmith problem that seems like an alchemist sphere problem.
>>
>Get accepted to lewd game
>Everyone gets to play their fetish
>Everyone unanimously agree that my fetish is banned
>Didnt even tell them that it was my fetish
>>
>>52349757
Not gonna ask what game, but what fetish?
>>
>>52349225

How much does the Apsis Consortium make?
>>
>>52349735
I'm saying that PCs are no where ever near the GDP of a continent. Every year he lumber consortium moves over 20x the wealth of a level 20 character.
>>
>>52349710

I... Anon, no!
>>
>>52349799
Exaggeration aside, high level characters are still fucking singularities of wealth, concentrated into one place.

And alt progression things allow the freedom to fix that.
>>
I want to marry a Drow!
>>
>>52349748

It's a bit of both. The issue is that the blacksmith gets so many massive passive bonuses like Sharpen Weapon (Which is more like a Paladin Aura than something you need to do) that it's basically the best user of every single sphere.

The class could comfortably lose half it's class features, go down to 3/4 BAB and still be considered quite good.
>>
>>52349830
They're very wealthy but don't even overtop small nation's GDPs.
>>
>>52349255
No problem, tempted to use that talent for a different character sometime. Monsters with levels are fun, but they do miss out on a few tricks. And the fiendish companion option is waaay behind in level too, just gives a way to threaten some civilian NPCs even if the bogeyman is dealing with PCs.
>>
>>52349830
Alt progression things?
>>
>>52349892
Y'know, like Alternate Bonus Progression, or Worlds of Power's Paragon system.

Shit that just automatically gives you the bonuses that the game assumes you'll have, rather than providing the illusion of choice.
>>
File: GGXrdINoEEEHHHH.gif (1MB, 467x490px) Image search: [Google]
GGXrdINoEEEHHHH.gif
1MB, 467x490px
>>52349927
I hope you're not using ABP as-written, because it's pretty shit at doing its job as-written.
>>
>>52349927
Has anybody actually ever used alternate bonus progression? How did it work out?
>>
>>52349927
>>52349936
I've always liked Innate Item Bonuses more than ABP
>>
>>52349845
I don't see many passive benefits though. Nothing that jumps out at me as broken anyway. Maybe I'm shit at optimizng but it seems like all they get of note are
>Sunder stuff that's just sneak attack with a different context
>A pretty hefty bonus from sunder weapons
>a damage bonus with hammer type weapons if they use those
>magic item crafting
It seems solid, but the only questionable thing imo is the magic item crafting.
>>
>>52349941

Just set your PC progression as level+2 and it works.
>>
>>52349941
I've used it, I like it. It felt more better balanced than regular Pathfinder since it really helps martials with their gear. Dual-wielding felt a bit clunky but if I'd played it for longer, I'm sure I would've appreciated all the wealth saved.

I'd play it again.
>>
>>52349973
It needs a lot more than just that, senpai
>>
>>52349941
I did and it honesly worked fine, granted the GM had some houserules
>if you forgo total use of magic items your level is considered like 4 higher
>you can choose if you get your physical or mental stat bonus first
>Enhancement can be applied to stuff like kinetic blasts.
>>
>>52349987

N-no? Everyone always complains about the inability to customize your armor or weapons when it says, RIGHT IN THE RULES, that at Weapon/Armor +2 you're allowed to exchange a + for an equivalent costing special quality.

Rules say you're at Weapon Attunement +3? You can convert that Longsword+3 into a Keen Bane Longsword +1.
>>
File: tat.png (928KB, 701x845px) Image search: [Google]
tat.png
928KB, 701x845px
>>52349936
I've never used any of them myself, but if I were gonna use one, I'd use WoP's Paragon system.

I'm not sure if it's behind where you'd normally be or not, but you could just bump the progression forward a few levels and fix it.
>>
>>52349953
How does that work?
>>
>>52349941
>>52349953

I'm desperate for ABP, I need it I NEED IT.

You guys don't understand how starved I am to try on ABP.
>>
>>52350017
Technically you can't convert the Longsword +3 into a Keen Bane Longsword +1. It's just that you don't find Keen Bane Longword +1 in the wild, you find Keen Bane Longsword, and when you attune to it, it becomes Keen Bane Longsword +1.
>>
>>52350017
Last I checked the rules, if you buy a flaming keen longsword your attunement mysteriously drops by the equivalent bonus. Also not being able to pick the order of things to some degree until very late levels is retarded.
>>
>>52350034
Basically, depending on the value of the items in your magic item slots, you gain certain bonuses. I.e if your belt slot item is worth as much as a +2 Stat Belt, then you gain the bonuses of a +2 Stat Belt.
>>
>>52350048
>>52350057

W-well, wouldn't that be an easy houserule?
>>
>>52350102
Go for it, it's not such a complicated system and I doubt it'd throw anything out of line.

I played it with no house rules though and didn't have any complaints. Sure, no keen until 9, dual wielding is kind of shit until 8, but overall I was pretty happy being able to throw my coin at items I never normally got.
>>
Crafting is now based on platinum coin prices and on a daily basis, what changes?
>>
>>52350102

Wouldn't fixing ABP be a good discussion?

>Pick if you get Mental or Physical first
>Enhancement points are a "pool" that could be used to get special qualities
>Players are treated as level+2 on the chart

What else?
>>
>>52350159

Platinum is, ironically, too much.

Settle on Gold Pieces.
>>
Beginning of my character's backstory.
>I considered myself a man of virtue, a man of principles, a good man, a god fearing man, a man who knew his place in the world. Now I fear that place is gone.

Too hammy?
>>
>>52350241
Definitely hammy but not too hammy. Is the whole thing in first person?
>>
>>52350241

Switch it to third-person and you're perfect.
>>
>>52349941
Running a game with it now. Seems okay so far. Banned items that grant any form of +X, other than skills since ABP covers all that except skills. Plotting other items instead like a sword that sets people on fire each hit, utility and mobility gear, or a rod that costs a point of Con to power but allows you to copy sorcerer bloodline powers.
>>
>>52350042
>>52349953
One of the things I really like about ABP, which I feel is never really brought up because it's not a mechanical effect, is that it makes all these bonuses inherent to the character instead of part of their items. PCs feel way more like superhumans instead of just people with supergear, and I like that

>>52350184
I like these houserules, yeah. Maybe another houserule adjusting how much WBL PCs on ABP should be given? I'm not sure if half normal WBL is quite right...
>>
>>52350257
I considered writing the entire backstory as a letter sent to the man's brother. I am thinking on settling for only the first paragraph being first person.

>>52350260
>Eli considered himself a man of virtue, a man of principles, a good man, a god fearing man, a man who knew his place in the world. Now he feared that place was gone.
>>
>>52350318

I love it, but the grammar nazi in me says you should change that "feared" in the last sentence to "fears."
>>
>>52350184
Third is unnecessary
>>
>>52350344
I'm not sure if that's grammatically correct. It sounds weird that way too.
>>
>>52350291

See, I love it and you love it, but where will we find a DM willing to use it? Hopefully Kingmaker DM (wink wink) offers the chance to use ABP!

Another neat side effect of ABP is you are encouraged to buy more special material items, or just knick-knacks in general.
>>
>>52350017
But isn't that a bit retarded? You're really good at using your weapon, but if you pick up a really cool weapon, suddenly you're worse at using it?
>>
>>52350370

"Now he fears that place is gone" works as both describing the past and present Eli!
>>
>>52350184
I asked my players if using a modified version of ABP would work for them since I've always been bad at loot, either giving way too little or way too much. What I ended up agreeing with them on was that we'd go the route of "less magical items in exchange for +2 on the chart", things that would give bonuses to attack can be switched out for equivalently priced items with GM permission, and during levels where you'd get a boost to either a mental or physical stat you can choose which one you get for that level, though you have to take the other one next level.

I also widened the bonus characters get to one type of weapon, as opposed to one specific weapon. This was so our resident Dagger Thrower wasn't left with one of his knives being awesome while the rest were left in the dust, and also allowed the Monk to grow more powerful with their Unarmed Strikes just like everyone else. So far the only person who's taken advantage of the alternative "buying" is I believe our firebreather who instead got Muleback cords so they can actually carry all of their stuff, since their primary weapon (that being the aforementioned breath weapons) doesn't benefit at all from any weapon +1s.
>>
>>52350402
Makes sense.
>>
>>52350396

Uhh... What? Weapon qualities aren't a measure of the character's competence, it's something baked into the blade. A +3 Longsword will be a +3 Longsword in the hand of cavalier or commoner, it's magical sharpness.

ABP in this regard would be shifting some of that magical sharpness to make your blade seek out certain targets more eagerly, or cut more viciously than before.
>>
>>52350387
I've run games with ABP for over a year to great success. Modifying it to grant more choices would make it even better.

I uh...don't have any games open and I don't know when I'll start a new one, but have hope, Anon.
>>
>hey Ssalarn this thing is really niche and underpowered why would anyone take it?
>Ssalarn just explains what the thing does, as if that were argument enough
Sasuga. How does this man even have a job when his sense of balance is all over the fucking place?
>>
>>52350439
But magic weapons are explicitly still a thing, fag, they just no longer have the +1's, just weapon qualities. Which still eat your innate +1's on top of your money for no reason.
>>
>>52349844
I want to marry Alaznist!
>>
>>52350387
I am Kingmaker DM. I plan to use it.
>>
File: IMG_2622.png (1MB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2622.png
1MB, 1200x1697px
What's the best game to post an app for if I want to play as a busty witch?
>>
>>52350462
Because of evil voodoo.

And his reputation as fucking garbage hasn't spread as effectively as it aught to have.

DSP knows he's shit. But DDS doesn't. Or didn't. I certainly hope they know now.
>>
>>52350544
>>52350462
At least he's not as bad as DHB
>>
>>52350529
Shardwalkers probably if you can deal with the chargen. PLD closes soon and doesn't allow 9th level spellcasters, Legacy and WWW will make you fight against the setting.
>>
>>52350512

Welp, time for me to reread about Brevoy and the River Kingdoms to give my app it's all!
>>
>>52350558
Uh, no? DHB was published under Purple Duck Games and by all reports he was professional and turned out a quality product.
>>
File: 1471344307159.jpg (48KB, 593x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471344307159.jpg
48KB, 593x960px
>>52350529
Yes.

There is never a reason not to play a busty witch
>>
>>52350529
I'd play with that busty witch
>>
>>52350558
DHB is fine and professional regarding feedback.

Ssalarn is a petty bitch of a primadonna whose sense of balance is whacked as fuck.

Try harder, DHBHunter.
>>
>>52350529

Rise of the Righteous Kingdoms and Legacy of Blood and Flame would allow it, Shardwalkers and WWW aren't good for that, and Puella is ending soon.

My advice? Wait for Kingmaker (Witch living in the Stolen Lands no doubt) or some other campaign. Don't lose hope, everyone loves a busty witch with a sharp wit and sharper tongue!
>>
File: Qari-Xazi.jpg (241KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Qari-Xazi.jpg
241KB, 707x1000px
>>52350584
I rather like delicate ones, myself.
>>
>>52350619
I like this idea best. Kingmaker would even encourage her to settle down someday, which is the ideal outcome for busty witches, imo.

>>52350602
Apply for Kingmaker, then. Make it something rugged with a good sense of humor.
>>
>>52350584
That is some top tier character art.
>>
>>52350619
Link me RotRK
>>
>>52350686
I'm already running Reign of Winter and playing in another /pfg/ game.
>>
>>52350697
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70727/romance-of-the-righteous-kingdoms

Little over 24 hours left I think?

I've spent the entire period on the fence about applying and probably won't. Leadership terrifies me.
>>
>>52350686
Link to Kingmaker?
>>
>>52350713

It's still in the womb, anon! But this one sounds like a good one, so let it gestate.
>>
>>52350719
I want to fill that womb with lewdness so the baby comes out all wrong!
>>
>>52350619
>Righteous kingdoms apps ends soon
I can't wait to taste the salt!
>>
>>52350711
I have a lot of experience with leadership so it will be great for me!

Too bad my character has low cha and I probably wont be picked
>>
>>52350729
Raunchy was high profile and closed with like, zero salt and people agreeing that it was a good team.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't even get a post in-thread about Romance closing up.
>>
File: Elena.png (51KB, 208x633px) Image search: [Google]
Elena.png
51KB, 208x633px
>>52350657
You mean delicious?
>>
>>52350729
Hell's Rebels seemed to go off fine, except for some discussion of the GM's shit taste. It'll be fine.
>>
>>52350727

I'm sure plenty of people will make really lewd characters, anon!
>>
>>52350768
Hell's Vengeance had a lot of salt, mostly over the GM's shit taste and false flagging.
>>
>Look at Shardwalker
>Look at RotRK
>All those arcane voodoo rules to make a character

I just wanna play Pathfinder man
>>
>>52350776
I should know; I'm making a busty witch!

What's the best familiar for a busty witch?
>>
>>52350797
Suicide.
>>
>>52350797
Kitty. Everyone likes kitties paired with titties.
>>
>>52350797
Something that can hide in her cleavage.
>>
>>52350797
Fire Ink dragon. Prepare your spells on your body. Make someone help you out with that ink.
>>
>>52350788
I try not to worry about it. Shardwalkers allows high tier casters, so just apply with one of those if you're a traditionalist. That's what I'm doing this weekend.
>>
>>52350779
Man, the HV threads were the fucking worst. PLD shitposting has nothing on it.

I think the game having already failed once really brought out the detractors, the second set including a futa, a "daddy", and a last minute entry really laid out a lot of material for shitposters.
>>
>>52350788
I know that feel senpai, I just want a few houserules and 3pp products included, but instead there's always a bunch of bullshit on top of it.
>>
>>52350829
I actually like Vancian casting, am I at a disadvantage if I apply as one?
>>
>>52350763
How can you even taste a meal that scant anyway?
>>
>>52350841
I don't know but you are a dumbass.
>>
>>52350797

Get an ermine.

It's so cute and clever! Remember, you're not just busty, you've got a brain in there! Someone's staring? You'll say something sharp and witty!
>>
>>52350841
I'm submitting an oracle. We can be primitive together!
>>
>>52350834
People turned into a shit posting inferno over DHB's character not getting in.
>>
>>52350834
I still remember the delicious salt from the genderbend butler at how the inferior butler pc got picked instead of his.
He even went on about how his pc's mechanics made it better at roleplaying a butler and how the other butler was just fetish bait that didnt deserve the spot.

I'd be salty too though if someone with "WiP" in his app got picked instead of my novel.
>>
>>52350797
Viper.
>>
>>52350851
I tried Spheres of Power, I really did. I've tried all kinds of flavors of it, going tall or wide, it just didn't do it for me.

You can either be so specialized you recreate 9th level spells effects by level 10, or so wide that you're basically a glorified bard with 12 more mechanics to stuff your sheet. I know I'm exaggerating a bit (well, not that much about 9th level spell effects by level 10), but if I'm gonna be pussyfooting around to pretend there's a balance, I'd rather just play a restrained Vancian caster.
>>
>>52350856
I like this idea. I'll start designing him. Maybe he's a sardonic little bastard. That's good for laughs.

>>52350820
An ermine could wriggle in there, but it would be snug and obvious (and cute.)

>>52350818
A classic, but alas, the ermine sounds perfect for the setting.
>>
>>52350902
I'm still pretty convinced that the butler PC that got picked was chosen for the ERP potential of an older man and a shota on one slot.
>>
>>52350797
Pipefox would be kino af
>>
What's a good gestalt to go with cavalier? Particularly DHB's Wyvern Rider UC CavalierIt's a 4 level charisma caster with a Wyvern mount
>>
>>52350907
>You can either be so specialized you recreate 9th level spells effects by level 10,
Okay, I'll bite.

Explain how to do so without Advanced Talents
>>
>>52350937
I want to snuggle a pipefox!
>>
>>52350941
It was with Advanced talents, all the games I've been in have allowed them.
>>
>>52350934
Probably. Though, the rest of the party seems to be composed of lesbians and/or sporting dicks of their own so unless the GM sends a waifu npc his way I doubt he'd be getting much action.

Are there any good waifu npcs in HV?
>>
>>52350941
Some advanced talents have no real reason to NOT be allowed.
>>
>>52350797
>busty
>when you're likely going to dump charisma and strength

Haha, no. You'll be a weird little twig that nobody could possibly have a sexual thought about.
>>
>>52350834
How much salt should we expect from PLD selections?

I'm hoping for a lot,
but part of me says that it's just going to be some obvious no surprises list that people forget about the thread after.
>>
>>52350953
Now see, there's your problem.

Advanced talents are a problem, to the point they are "advanced" as an option listed explicitly for DMs to ban them wholesale if need be, especially if they would rather not have that kind of narrative power.

Any DM who just allows Advanced Talents without taking into consideration what they can do is an idiot.
>>
>>52350967
Silly anon, this is paizo, villains can't be female! And if they are, it's because of tragic situations or situations out of their control!

Case in point:
>Nualia was pushed into being a Lamashtu cleric by her tragic circumstances! If only her dad allowed her to be a slut!
>It's not Queen Ileosa's fault she's a villain! She touched the thing that made her possessed by an ancient dragon!
>>
>>52350984
The Magic of obscene 25 pb games is that I can splurge on mechanically unnecessary ability scores. I never dump strength on casters anyway, because you gotta look good naked, you feel me?
>>
>>52350999
Who do YOU want to see get in anon? For maximum discussions sake.
>>
>>52350940
Probably fighter, so you have a non mounted combat option. Could be cool to turn the other half as an Iron Caster Fighter. Which is even better if using the everyman's fighter, DHB's unchained fighter.
>>
>>52350984
hey, they could be one of those Ley-Line witches. They have to take Charisma
>>
>>52350999
The Gloriana shills will fucking riot and witch hunt Lysander's player for all time for getting in instead of her
>>
>>52351015
They can be if they're ugly or old.
>>
>>52350584
But what if I don't want to be burned at the stake?
>>
>>52351015
Tragic circumstances don't excuse Nualia from being a huge bitch
>>
>>52351015
>implying they can't be villains
>implying they can't capture Paladins or roll Disguise checks
>>
I've never seen wyrmwitch until today. The thought of your witch snoozing on a big pile of money is just too fucking cute.
>>
>>52351021
Even though I brought up PLD first, I don't want to take the risk of continuing this particular line of discussion.

I'd like to see an even gender split though. I know it's rape game but it feels like a waste not to get some grim men into a dark setting to hit all the cliches.
>>
>>52351094
Dude, men can definitely get raped. It's critical to have a diverse cast of victims.
>>
>>52350984

Anon, don't you know Charisma isn't tied to your breast size? I've met plenty of huge-chested awkward dorks who fit the bill of low Charisma.
>>
>>52351091
>Scrooge McDuckwitch

sign me up
>>
>>52350834
i don't mind a "last minute" entry really, some of those last minute apps were pretty neat... but not that completely bland rogue that did get picked, which was also ANOTHER dex/cha character in addition to being wholly uninteresting.

lyra's bigger crime over being a futa was being a nothing character, absolutely barebones app with nothing more than "I'm a bitch". and yet she was basically guaranteed to get in.

the butler, i dunno, summoners are cunts, daddy memes are trash, but there basically HAD to be a male pick and his was probably the best choice.

then there's the shit with DHB's character, for some reason people didn't realize he was never, ever, ever getting in to that game. dude is tone deaf for setting.
>>
File: 1471326889777.jpg (219KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
1471326889777.jpg
219KB, 1280x719px
>>52351058
Then don't tell them you're a witch. You're just a kindly woman who knows her herbs and folk remedies.

You tits are obviously proof of your provincial nature!
>>
>>52351140
>she meets a handsome rogue
>he only wants her for her booty

Definitely some dramatic subplot potential
>>
>>52351138
There's that whole cliche where a girl is a dork because she has a huge-chest too.
>>
>>52351015
>women *can't* be the evil oppressor
Well so much for equality!
... In fact that could probably stir some entertaining shit on their forums if complained about...
>>
>>52351156
At first I thought she failed to swallow, and then I realized that I'm too far gone.
>>
>>52350984
In fairness, I'd totally put an awkward twig girl in the bone zone. She'd revel in the attention, which is super cute.
>>
File: PZO1112E_Page_008_Image_0004.png (247KB, 781x1074px) Image search: [Google]
PZO1112E_Page_008_Image_0004.png
247KB, 781x1074px
Hey /pfg/, how would you houserule a game to be more friendly to healsluts?

More PC HP?
More Monster Damage?
Give the slut some sort of at-will combat heal?
>>
>>52351161
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing this in a game

It could be kinda sweet. A greedy wyrmwitch who is lonely meets a rogue who wants her treasure... but they both get stuck in and have to work together, developing a working relationship that could blossom into something more
>>
>>52351198
Apply to Kingmaker as a covetous rogue, then
>>
>>52351015

That was never the intention of Paizo, Nualia was a classic "death cult leader" from the old, stereotypical DnD tales and simply given extrapolation. Having a shitty childhood does not excuse you from being a total bitch.

It's not even unique to women in the APs, remember (Kingmaker spoilers ahead) The Stag Lord? He's a 120% asshole because his father abused him extensively as a child, and one of his commanders in fact is an ex-Paladin of Erastil who fell from grace after slaughtering people in cold blood... Becsuse his beloved fiancé falsely accused him of rape so she can marry a wealthy foreign merchant instead.

He is, curiously enough, the only Stag Lord commander you can recruit. What does his say?
>>
>>52351192
Why?
>>
>>52351015
Tragic villains are better than "evil for the sake of evil" villains. Maybe the issue here is your fragile masculinity.
>>
>>52351145
While the butler is pretty bland, Ludwig seems to be a qt. Going by their session 1 greentext, Ludwig singlehandedly managed to diffuse the edge out of most situations.
>>
>>52351015
Lyrie/Lyrie whoever that wizard bitch is was a bitch for the sake of being a bitch.
>>
>>52351215

That's exactly what I was going to make! A talented, dashing and utterly self-centered rogue who thinks he doesn't need commitment, but over the course of the adventure he finds himself wanting to be something greater than himself!
>>
>>52351225
>he doesn't like Morgoth
>he doesn't like Aku
>he doesn't like Mumm-Ra
>he doesn't like Skeletor
>he doesn't like Snidely Whiplash

I disagree with you but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler. Or Stalin, for that matter.
>>
File: theoden.jpg (48KB, 600x322px) Image search: [Google]
theoden.jpg
48KB, 600x322px
>>52351258
Morgoth is tragic.
>>
>>52351225

Man, who wants to be a tragic villain when you can just be a massive dickhole for fun, power, and profit? You're evil-smile!
>>
>>52351283
I never saw the Lucifer-alikes that way, but I suppose you have a point.
>>
>>52351256
Then I'd better hurry it up with writing an outline for a greedy, lonely, busty wyrmwitch with a sharp wit and sharper tongue

When does Kingmaker open, anyway?
>>
>>52351215
But I already have RoW and Dragons 2 to worry about!
>>
>>52351313
Priorities, Anon. You must choose which busts are most important to you. It's part of growing up.
>>
>>52351303
What's she gonna do with that tongue?
>>
>>52351303
Not soon enough anon.
>>
File: 1483459310561.jpg (244KB, 468x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1483459310561.jpg
244KB, 468x1007px
>>52351258
You've gotta own it.
>>
>>52351015
The lamia sisters, half-elf from IG, most of the high ranking members of Lords of Rust from IG, Elvanna, Baba Yaga, Nazhena, Malesinder, plenty of the Pirates from Skulls and Shackles, all the female Runelords, the kasatha in the last book of IG.

Pretty sure there's more who are evil because they were born cunts, but those are the ones I remember from the top of my head.
>>
>>52351329
I guess I'll pick Greta

And insert a few more witchwolf and winter wolf gals and guys in the Howling, if Greta doesn't appeal
>>
>>52351303
I will probably have it open sometime early next week. Also, I debated whether I should mention this, but your idea sounds like it's going to be really fitting for this game for more reasons than you know.
>>
>>52351364
What are your plans to make Kingmaker less shit anyways?
>>
>>52351330
Verbally emasculate and belittle any arrogant knights or smug paladins in the party, for starters.
>>
>>52351386
Fuck. Arrogant Knight was my plan.
>>
>>52351364
I was planning to ask; what are your wyrm plans? Do you have any good patrons planned?
>>
>>52350841
You aren't allowed to use a Vancian caster in Shardwalkers at all, period. Only SoP casting is allowed, so use a SoP class or a PF class with a SoP archetype that replaces Vancian casting.
>>
>>52351360
She's a great choice. Don't punish yourself for picking her.
>>
File: sad.gif (693KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
sad.gif
693KB, 500x277px
>>52351425
I didn't want to be in your stupid game anyway
>>
>>52351409
>Verily the good sir carries such a tremendous lance that he might demonstrate on the battlefield what he fails to display in the bedchamber!
>>
>>52351364
Think you'll be using gestalt?
>>
>>52351429
I'm the GM of the RoW campaign. I'm planning on shifting around some of the waifus so I can surprise my players
>>
File: Baknarla_final.jpg (102KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Baknarla_final.jpg
102KB, 480x640px
>>52351463

>tfw they all end up fighting over Baknarla
>>
>>52351463
Tell us about the party anon
>>
>>52351443
>It is of no surprise that the miss remains unwed with a mouth like that, and I suspect unbled, for she has obviously never seen a lance.
>>
>>52351443
>>52351526

>For the love of Erastil, just fuck already.
>>
>>52351526

>What kind of Knight are you, to speak of such things in the presence of a lady? Were you anointed with holy oils, or ale? Did you hold your vigil in the presence of the gods, or the presence of harlots? Indeed, a man who speak such lofty words of his weapon must never use it lest it breaks - yea, I think ye wield a dirk.
>>
>>52351548
But the rogue!
>>
>>52351409

Arrogant knight, sharp tongued Witch and the lovable Rogue sound like something out of a fairy tale already, what are we missing? The runaway princess that uncovers the knight's true mettle?
>>
>>52351564

>A rough fuck in the woods =/= a relationship
>>
>>52351564

>He can fuck them both, for all I care. So long as they shut. Up.
>>
>>52351581
Nah, no we need a major artifact that binds them to a single body and then they have to save the kingdom from a lich
>>
>>52351526
>Indeed, I confess not having seen a lance as crooked and weary as thine, scarcely able to pierce a single foe before falling limp at its master's thigh. 'Tis a most timid and slothful weapon, nothing like the mighty spears held by the powerful menfolk of my homeland
>>
>>52351497
They're still making their characters, and I've got 3/4 of them finalized, but

Insofar, we have...

A half-giant brutal slayer//UnMonk who handles smacking people around
A werebat skinwalker Aegis//Alchemist that does casting duties
And an orcish (functionally, a half-orc) slayer//Stalker (Vigilante) who sneaks around and does skillmonkey stuff

The last player is still undecided, but I'm gonna nudge them towards a support role
>>
>>52351548

This raises an interesting problem with Kingmaker; for the first book you're truly away from civilization, with Oleg's being the only merchant for miles and miles...

... This means night tea is hard to come by, meaning unprotected sex carries very real risks.
>>
>>52351562
>I was anointed in blood by kings if you must ask, I know you've never seen one. And as it so happens, I never speak callous in front of ladies. If my sword should appear a dirk, it would appear you fail to temper it.
>>
>>52351548
>>52351600
>Good yeoman, your King of Stags may be quite ancient, yet I fear his wisdom is slipping, for how could any woman enjoy such a prideful buffoon without retching?
>>
>>52351548
So is this the wise woodsland hermit?
>>
>>52351628
Just take a hiatus for pregnancy, Anon.
>>
>>52351453
Definitely not. I will probably do 1PP+PoW+maybe Psionics. 25 PB.

>>52351411
I don't quite understand your question.

>>52351381
I'm completely dropping mass combat rules, replacing the campaign's lackluster BBEG, and putting more focus on Brevoy's political issues. That's the main stuff.
>>
>>52351629
>>52351650
This is why love and sex should discarded in order to acquire KURGESS WORTHY MUSCLES!!! Seriously though, stop loitering and get lifting
>>
>>52351548
>Do not invoke such names in my presence, for they are the reason I have no home.
>>
>>52351657

There IS a wise woodland hermit in Kingmaker.
>>
>>52351685
Dragons, my man. Describe yours in general terms.
>>
>>52351686
>Mayhaps the brave Sir Knight could grow stronger so as to hold his lance aloft long enough to please a common village slattern. It's good to start with small steps.
>>
>>52351685

On a scale of Kurwa to Gwent, how much do you want to see an Aldori Swordlord among the applications?
>>
>>52351749
It doesn't matter how much he wants to see one, they're gonna make up a third of the applicants.
>>
>>52351650

>I couldn't give a dire rat's arse how. I've had to listen to this ever since we left Brevoy, and the sooner the pair of you get it over with, the sooner I can stop sticking my head in a bucket and screaming for ten minutes straight every few miles.

>>52351687

>And you can bugger right off. I'll beg the help of whatever bloody god I like.
>>
>>52351736
Look, the guy had MUSCLES enough to hold his lance. If you want to insult him, just make a note about his tiny wiener and be done with it. Now go find me a log. I have heard the village children chant about that they are big, heavy and wood!
>>
>>52351749
What about a scion of Rogarvia?
>>
>>52351809

The dragons are dead, Khaleesi.
>>
>TFW memes are already starting up for Kingmaker
>TFW the party is practically decided already
Welp, might as well just play some vidya instead.
>>
>>52351901

Oh, people are just being silly. Make whatever you like.
>>
>>52351490
Bakkie's a cutie.
>>
>>52351901
I think I missed a meme or something, surely people aren't getting excited over a fucking Kingmaker AP game?
>>
>>52351901
I feel you man
>>
>>52351901
>>52351916
We've had dark-horse victories before, just put in a good app that makes your passion obvious.
>>
>>52351931
The thirst intensifies.
>>
>>52351940
Plus I think the meme party is missing a sixth anyways.
>>
>>52351969
Do they have either of these yet?
>Intimidating black knight who constantly wears a closed helm, but is an artistically-inclined softie in his off hours
>Peasant-born mage with big dreams who's had great power thrust abruptly upon him by bizarre circumstances
>>
>>52352002

Read up on the Campaign traits, it will really help.
>>
>>52352093
Any word on whether the GM is changing them? I figure I'd go for Bastard or Rostlander depending on what others are taking.
>>
>>52352145

I'm going for Bandit, for what it's worth.

Rostlander's right proper tough though, and Swordlord Scion or whatever it's called gives you a +1 to attack with an Aldori Dueling Sword!

Assuming you start at level 3? I've crunched the numbers and a Fighter (Weapon Master) can have a +11 to-hit with the Dueling Sword.
>>
>>52352145
Not sure if I will change them. Probably not? I might add one or two but I don't think there's anything wrong with the existing ones, IIRC. Could someone post a list of them really quick? I would look them up but I have been browsing and posting from my phone all thread.
>>
>>52352223
Cool. I figure I might go with some ulfen heritage and a sword my character's grandpa won off a man in Kalsgard. Possibly a nodachi.
>>
>>52352223
Also yes, thank you for reminding me. L3 start.
>>
>>52352235
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/campaign-traits/kingmaker/
>>
>>52352235
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/campaign-traits/kingmaker/

Really the Kingmaker campaign traits are just fine, there's probably no need at all to touch them. I'd leave them alone, maybe add a new one if there's some ground you personally want to cover in regards to your changes or characters you'd like to see.
>>
>>52352249

>Not playing a person from Brevoy in the Brevoy campaign

Reeeee
>>
>>52352285
>Having an ulfen grandfather means you can't be Brevic
>Not playing a mutt who would have plenty of reasons to head off on a wilderness adventure
>>
>>52352249
>Nodachi
I hate your type.
>>
>>52352313
Ah, it's salt like that that makes me want to do it more~

But I probably won't, it gets less and less fun the more I think about it.
>>
>>52352313
Just refluff it nigga; call it a Zweihander or a Claymore, they might as well be spear-swords.
>>
>>52352302
>Mutt
>of Ulfen descent

Roryposters get out REEEEE
>>
>>52352337
You said it first, not me. You have nobody to blame but yourself now.
>>
>>52352302
>>52352285
Are there any elves in Brevoy? I know there's dwarves, and that River Kingdoms used to be elven territory back before Earthfall, but can't find much on any elven expatriates.
>>
>>52352356

It's safe to assume there will be a couple Elves anywhere, specifically part of the Forlorn.
>>
Anyone got a link to this RoW game?
>>
File: 1467133458688.jpg (73KB, 735x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1467133458688.jpg
73KB, 735x1086px
>>52350529

Speaking of busty witches...
>>
New Thread
>>52352526
>>52352526
>>52352526
>>52352526
>>52352526
>>
>>52351192

Remove power attack and deadly aim
>>
>>52352489
It was a first come first serve pickup game.
>>
>>52348384
The dude who wrote it isn't even with DSP anymore. I wonder why?
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.