[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 404
Thread images: 23

File: Bandit.png (565KB, 801x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bandit.png
565KB, 801x500px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>New Unearthed Arcana: Wizard Revisited
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/MJ320UAWizardVF2017.pdf

>Official survey on Unearthed Arcana: The Mystic Class
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/068d0a122041

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/...
>>52322564

What do you think about artificer, gunsmith artificer in particular? Are you fine with guns appearing in every official setting, like dragonborn and tieflings did?
>>
First for fuck PAM Paladins.

They're boring with how frequently they turn up; go wield some swords already, fags.
>>
>>52329983
I'm fine with them. Don't care about official settings. If I want a setting without guns, I will make one for use in home games. If I want a setting with guns, I will also make one for home games.
>>
>>52329983
Sure, guns are funs.
>>
>>52329983
Since they're meh at best, in my opinion, I don't care.

Unless you build like Percy from Critical Role with Mercer's version then you're just that guy.
>>
Last night our group spent 15 minutes figuring out how fast a person falls in a game of DnD. The ranger's flying dinosaur pet knocked my necromancer off his tower. I didn't want him to die this early in the encounter, hoping that he could cast dimension door before he hit the ground. We eventually came to determine that when a creature falls, the time of the fall is irrelevant and the creature is, for mechanical purposes, already fallen. The Necromancer survived but took a healthy dose of damage, and didn't last longer than a few rounds.

What's your stance on this, /5eg?
>>
>>52329983
>What do you think about artificer, gunsmith artificer in particular? Are you fine with guns appearing in every official setting, like dragonborn and tieflings did?
I'm fine with it.
It works well, and my player with a gun has done 0 damage with it because he seemingly can't shoot in a straight line.
>>
>>52330183
If I remember correctly there should be something that says how fast something falls in either the PHB or the DMG.
>>
What are some creative uses for Polymorph that you can think of or have used?
>>
>>52330260
Nope. There's no literature on how many feet a creature falls in one six-second turn. We settled on using rough mathematics based on the actual speed of a falling human once it reaches maximum velocity. I wanted to think the tower was tall enough to give my Necromancer a chance to cast Dimension Door before he hit the dirt. Unfortunately, after doing the math, I determined he would hit the ground well before the Ranger's turn was over. I don't use a screen and I stick to the results of all my rolls, so even as DM I can't have too much control over an encounter.
>>
>>52330183
A round is six seconds. In the first round after having started falling, 200-210 feet covered, enough to already max out fall damage and you've reached terminal velocity. Second and subsequent rounds of falling is 1050 feet covered since. If you want to make different rules for different shapes its up to you.
>>
>>52330307
One I came up with for Curse of Strahd was polymorphing the sunsword-wielding paladin into a kitten so the sunlight goes away.
>>
>>52330307
Turn Strahd into a t-rex in order to ruin the atmosphere.
>>
>>52330307
My players turned Guh into a lizard then put her in a jar to be asphyxiated. Realizing the spell wouldn't last forever, they threw the jar into the lake instead.
>>
>>52330372
Did She sink or flowt
>>
>>52330183
Since he didn't die, I'm assuming he did not fall that far. If you go by real life physics, you fall roughly 575 Ft. per 6 seconds. I think their might be some rules that say differently in the PHB or DMG.

In truth though, the necromancer should not of been standing on the top of the tower, especially without minions around him protecting him. He should of been casting spells through an arrow slit in his tower. That way the players are forced into the tower so they can fall victim to his traps and minions.
>>
>>52330092
Polearm obsessives are a D&D tradition.
>>
>>52330127
Gunslinging is fun though. Dual wielding pistols/pepperboxes is pretty great.
>>
>>52330351
Is this your preference, or do these numbers represent something from the text that I missed?
>>
>>52330307
>>52330372
Our party did a similar thing with Guh. We turned her into a rat and took her, and the things we needed, and ran out. We eventually tossed her into the charred pile that was once our air ship (it blew up as we were sneaking into the camp, killing all the people we had hired on to help us and the rock gnomes who foolishly messed with the mechanisms of the air ship) and just the hell out of dodge.

At the climax of SKT, we used polymorph on the sorcerer and the giant growth potion you get from the giant queen to create a tarasque sized T-rex. It was a fun game.
>>
>>52330476
haven't seen that before, kudos to the artist.
>>
>>52330183
My rule of thumb is 200ft in the first round, 400ft in the second, 600ft in the third, etc. It's not accurate, but it's close enough, and a nice round number. I find you don't have to go very long before you reach some ground, anyway.
>>
>>52330507
They represent physics.
>>
>>52330511
Hate to be that guy but giant size potion doesn't work like that
>>
>>52330511
>>52330372

huh, my party also used Polymorph on Guh. We turned her into something small and innocuous with a low hit point total so the druid could become a condor, snatch up the polymorphed immobile giantess, and then ascend to cloud height before crushing the low hit point creature in their talons and letting Guh fall full sized.
>>
>>52330397
Well, I wanted to portray a Roiland-esque character, and I find angry men yelling at the top of walls or towers to be hilarious. He wasn't the big boss, but more of an NPC that fits into the narrative. But yeah, I'm not the most tactically inclined DM. You're right in that there should have been some guards down at the bottom.
>>
>>52330591
This was after everyone else shot down my plan to have the druid summon enough sprites to polymorph the party's heavy melee force into black birds and hide us in a pie gifted to Guh...so we could ruin her day from the inside out.
>>
>>52330569
Speaking of giant-sized potions, my players recently looted a gallon-sized healing potion from a giant. I ruled that it has no effect unless you drink the whole thing, because after all you can't divide a human-sized healing potion into smaller doses to get more people up from unconsciousness. How long should it normally take to drink a gallon of rather disgusting fluid, and how long should it take if someone rolls a really good Con check?
>>
>>52330619
>this was after everyone else shot down my plan to have the druid summon sprites
Sing a song of sixpence and cry me a river, why don't you?
>>
>>52330569
I assumed as much, but the player who did it was the DM's son. In truth, he was allotted a lot of liberties throughout the game. It was still a really fun game all and all though.
>>
>>52330685
>potion of giant size

>turns into into something larger than a giant

You're right still sounds fun though
>>
The game would have been fine with no human
>>
>>52330656
I won't, because the party's gone along with other crazy plans all the same, just not that one.

It was a solid plan to get passed her guards. However the Druid's plan worked out quite well and had the added bonus of terrifying every Hill Giant still allied to her while making a sizable crater.

The DM just describing the slow motion moment to the druid as Guh reappeared as herself, upward momentum failing, and with wide eyes saying "Uh oh," was beautiful. Far more hilarious than the gory mess I had planned.
>>
>>52330729
I agree.
>>
>>52330183
You either call it instantaneous as it is by default due to a lack of ruling, or you google how fast things fall, and divide it by 6 seconds a round.
>>
>>52330551
Please read here.

>>52330351
>>52330561

Just checked myself and the number is more like 1000 ft in a round (rounding down).
>>
>>52330638
>after all you can't divide a human-sized healing potion into smaller doses to get more people up from unconsciousness
Because one bottle of healing potion is a single dose for a small/medium size creature. A gallon of healing potion would be a massive overdose for a medium creature.
>>
>>52330873
>1000
Yeah I just went 1050 to be close to the actual number while still being nice for easy math but 1000 is still more than close enough to not give a shit.
>>
DM here. How can I make 5 lv11 PCs have a reasonable chance against an Adult Red Dragon in his layer (a castle, where he can't fly much)
They are a Revenge Paladin dwarf, a Half elf Cleric, a Human Abjurator Wizard, a Tabaxi monk and a gnome ranger.
Is it possible? Do I have to lvl them up even further (they are lvl 10 now and I am already planning to lvl them up to 11 cause I didn't realize this fight was going to be so difficult). Do I need to give em some special items? Which items do you recommend? Or any other kind of advantage?
maybe it is time to TPK them for the first time, but it is their first dragon and I am hyping it too much. It would be dissapointing for them.
>>
>>52330943
>11 level
They can take him.
>>
Hey anons, I considered buying Tales from the Yawning Portal on roll20. Has any of you bought another of the roll20 adventure bundles? Are they worth the price? Do you get the adventure as a digital book as well?
>>
>>52330943
I can recommend allowing a tpk to happen if that is the way the dice fall. Dragons are supposed to be badass so if nobody dies you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>52330979
Yeah? The encounter calculator doesn't say the same. I want the fight to be difficult but not impossible. I am ok with one character death in this fight. Do I keep them in lvl 10 or lvl 11 is fine?
>>
Anyone read or looked at the Tales from the Yawning Portal? I heard a few people have managed to see it but I could be wrong.
>>
>>52330984
They're a bit pricy if you also buy the physical book, but they cut out a lot of prep work by organizing them, giving you tokens and digital maps, and setting up the monster stats. I'd say if you're buying it to actually run it and not just have on a shelf, it's definitely worth it.
>>
>>52330092
It's not their fault polearms are clearly stronger than swords.

Change the system.
>>
>>52331037
Isn't level 11 where another Power up occurs? Fighters get another attack, cantrips scale up in damage, access to 6th level spells. At 11, they should definitely be fine. Depends on their tactics, but they'll have an easier time at 11 than 10. Not sure how much easier. Can't remember the CR on an adult red dragon.
>>
>>52329983
I dislike that some people ban artificer 'because it's too high technology'.

Especially alchemists can be refluffed quite a bit with lower technology, or simply holding onto technology that's above the norm but nobody wants the technology because it's too awkward to use and they can just use magic.
>>
>>52331091
Adult red dragon has a 17 CR
>>
>>52331037
Anon, my party defeated an adult black dragon on level 8 or so. Granted, he wasn't in his lair, but still.
>>
>>52330943
They'll wreck the dragon easily unless you drain their resources before the fight.
>>
What class do you think is most in need of a rework and why?
>>
>>52330943
For 5 level 11 PCs, the encounter thresholds are as follows:
>Easy: 4000 XP
>Medium: 8000 XP
>Hard: 12000 XP
>Deadly: 18000 XP

An adult red dragon, at CR 17, is worth... oh look at that, 18000 XP! They can handle it. Character death might happen, TPK even if they're careless or unlucky, but they can handle it. be sure to make them use some of their resources before meeting the dragon, freshly rested parties can defeat much harsher odds than you'd expect.
>>
>>52330476
Not denying that, but the numbers that fucker can pump out because of his fucking rolls is insane.
>>
>>52331074
But if I buy the roll20 bundle, can I run the adventures with just what's there? It says the content is not downloadable, am I supposed to read the adventure text just while in the VTT?
>>
>>52331122
The subclass EK because it felt unfinished and just felt like here a warrior, now go to the wizard section.
>>
>>52331122
Artificer. Just re-do that. Some of it is fine but a lot seems unfinished. The damn golem doesn't even scale with level for goodness sake.
>>
>>52331185
The adventure descriptions are included as journal handouts that the DM can reference.
>>
>>52331109
>>52331113
So lvl 10 is ok? I am planning in having the fight in 2 parts:
1.Dragon is confident and doesn't use much of his strength and doesn't move a lot.
2.Dragon starts to realize the strength of the party and takes the princess prisioner, starts to move more and fly a little and calls some kobolds minions.
Is this too difficult? Too easy? Is it fine? I am pretty new and never manage a high CR monster like this before. The party is also new
>>
>>52330943
I would say as long as the encounter isn't a suprise encounter so that the party can prepare, they should be fine.

They should be fully rested though, and your wizard should have defensive spells like absorb elements if he doesn't want to be insta-grilled by his flame breath. I would say your party is well suited for these fights. The monk will probably have the hardest time being useful, but his dodge lets him survive longer than most.
>>
>>52331199
>The damn golem doesn't even scale with level for goodness sake.
Should it scale?
>>
>>52331124
>>52331214
This helps me a lot. Thanks!
>>
>>52331122
Wot4E monk needs some fixes, or they could just take the one floating around and make it official.
>>
>>52331073
My local shop game me a brief read over it. It's pretty neat. There is a section on the yawning portal tavern and what you can do with it, followed by the 7 daventures in the book. I can't remember all the names, but it starts with sunless citadel as a level 1-3 adventure, then I think the next adventure is something about a dwarven forge as a level 3-5 adventure, and the next two adventures are 5-8 and 8-?. One of them looked very tribal themed.

I'm sorry I don't have a better description, but the level ranges were the main thing I needed to know. My current group has 5 level 5 characters and I wanted to know how far in the book I would be dropping them in when we started.
>>
File: 1374031633758.jpg (533KB, 1000x1374px) Image search: [Google]
1374031633758.jpg
533KB, 1000x1374px
I've been really enjoying a raven queen warlock and I've been trying to get myself some new tricks rather than a rogue/eldritch blast spambot type thing. Are there any neat less obvious tricks or uses for the warlock?

Is one with shadows useless or useful?
Best invocations and cantrips?
>>
>>52331208
>>52330943
A single level 11 non-oathbreaker paladin can output 256 damage in two rounds without GWM bullshit and without crits and without magic items or buffs. Simply by hitting and using smite.

A single level 11 non-oathbreaker paladin can take out that dragon in two fucking rounds.

Yet you have 5 players.

Play the dragon as smart as you can, but make sure there are opportunities your players can use to counter-smart them, such as if it starts flying they can try swinging off stuff, climbing on them or dropping parts of the lair about. I suppose.
>>
>>52331232
Well it doesn't have to actually scale like the revised ranger beast companion but it should improve in some way with levels. You just get it at level 5 and it's as good as it will ever be. It also becomes pretty irrelevant to combat by around level 8 or 9.
>>
What are some good homebrew animal spirits to have available for a circle of the shepherd druid?
>>
>>52331319
I don't think the intention is to give an artificer more source of damage. I think it's to give an artificer cowboy his robot horse.
>>
What are some spells that a level 6 wizard should definitely try to have?
>>
>>52331382
An heroism
>>
>>52331382
Counterspell. Fly. Haste. Slow.
>>
>>52331365
But it rolls initiative with you and has a combat specific ability: 'If you are the target of a melee attack and the
servant is within 5 feet of the attacker, you can
use your reaction to command the servant to
respond, using its reaction to make a melee
attack against the attacker.'

Also I can't help but think 'why wouldn't I want my magic robot to be a decent combatant.' Also it only makes sense that the artificer could improve it as they become more skilled.

It doesn't even have to be good in combat necessarily, I just wish they'd add some improvement options as you leveled.

Also gunsmith needs more options for damage types i.e. a bullet for each damage type so they can act as a versatile damage dealer that drains resources to produce ammo.
>>
>>52331205
I use roll20 a lot and as practical as it is, I have enough experience to assume it'd be very troublesome having to click between handouts just to read the adventure, especially mid-game. Well, I guess I will download the pdf anyway once a helpful anon scans it. Might as well pay for it there.
>>
>>52331467
Level 6, anon.
>>
>>52331526
You could also just copy/paste the handout text into one-note or something.
>>
>>52331258
>in 2 turns a paladin can get 256 damage
2d6 (Greatsword)+4d8 (3rd level smite)+1d8 (extra smite from 11th level paladin)+5 (max strength)
Have to do a 2nd level smite on the last attack on the second round because only 3 3rd level spell slots
average of 132, max of 220

not even the maximum is able to reach your insane asspull numbers
>>
>>52331562
Yes. Your point being?
>>
File: 1489914059659.jpg (213KB, 1378x2039px) Image search: [Google]
1489914059659.jpg
213KB, 1378x2039px
>>52331590
>Using a greatsword instead of a polearm
>>
>>52331382
Hypnotic Pattern
Haste
Counterspell
>>
>>52331562
Those are spells a level 6 wizard is able to use.
>>
Im going to be running Rage of Demons for 4 of my friends soon, and all of us prefer a milestone based leveling system over keeping track of experience. If anyone here has played through RoD before, do you have some advice on when I should level my players?
>>
>>52331382
Leomund's tiny hut, counterspell, haste, find familiar and all those other useful rituals.

Also, if you're a evocation wizard, you want magic missiles at some point. If you're necromancer, you.. You'll obtain animate dead anyway. Et cetera.
>>
>>52329983
Curse of Strahd doesn't have explicit rules for how to kill Strahd, so how did you do it?

Simply kick his shit while he's regenerating in his coffin or something?

We managed by a clever little trick of casting magic circle on his coffin with the scroll. He tried to come kick our shit, we kicked his shit (with an extremely lucky crit from our Sunblading Rogue, among others). While in mist form, he had no way to return to the coffin due to the magic circle, so we promptly burnt the coffin during before the magic circle expired.
>>
>>52331718
>Curse of Strahd doesn't have explicit rules for how to kill Strahd
Yes, it does, you have to kill him in his coffin.

Also, you can't kill Strahd, he comes back anyway, unless the DM decides otherwise.
>>
>>52331718
>Curse of Strahd doesn't have explicit rules for how to kill Strahd
Bro do you even Sunsword?
>>
>>52331628
>>52331590
Oh, just remembered they're vengeance paladin, so might as well throw haste on them while I'm at it.

GWF, so 1d4 = 3 and 1d10 = 6.3

5 attacks a round, maximum.
[(6.3+5+4.5)*4 + (3+5+4.5) is non-smite damage.
Smite damage is 2*(4*4.5) + 3*(3*4.5) + 4*(2*4.5) across those rounds.

263.9 average across two rounds if you don't consider miss or crit chance, 100% hits. I guess casting elemental weapon is also a thing because that gives +1d4 per hit and makes the weapon a +1 weapon, but let's face it they probably have a magical weapon and haste is probably better, even if it carries some danger.

Of course, this is a bit larger than what I said, but the truth is before haste the damage was about ~226 average but it could potentially reach 256 with a bit of luck.

I said 'No GWM' because I didn't want people to think I was using GWM to add +10 to every hit which would amount to +100 damage across all 10 hits, because actually that would reduce your damage against a dragon with that much AC when you deal so much damage with every attack.
>>
>>52331628
alright sure, let's assume the dwarf is a polearm paladin
1d10+5d8+4/1d4+5d8+4, goes to +4d8 on second turn because out of 3rd level spell slots
172 average, max of 288

now it reaches ass pull numbers, but that's assuming all hits+nearly maxing out on all damage rolls
It's also a vengeance paladin so unless it doesn't oath of enmity the average goes down to 148, the max goes down to 248
>>
Thoughts on awakening my druid's beard?
>>
>>52331895
she might stop being your bread once you give her free will
>>
>>52331849
I mean to be fair to anon, the dragon has 256 hitpoints so 148 damage is still a lot. Even if the dm maxes it's health it'll have 342 so 148 is still loads.
>>
>>52331849
I'm not sure how you're reducing the damage that much. Ignoring reaction attacks and the like?

Since the adult red dragon does actually have an AC, I think we can probably set this up a bit better.

Still, a lot of DMs give free feats, and I was kind of saying for an examplary 'optimized' paladin. But again, if we're going to specify the exact situation, it's probably possible.

So we take a dwarf without any extra feats, probably assume at 'least' a +1 weapon (Which isn't very generous, but it automatically negates the fact they have 18 strength instead of 20 already)..
They'll use haste and they'll use the oath of emnity before the battle. There's normally a round of combat that's just 'closing in' and haste gives them 50ft speed.

They have +9 to hit, they'll have advantage, they're hitting an AC of 19, we'll assume they only get one reaction attack instead of two across the two rounds, there's a 39/400 chance of crit on each attack and how powerful their smite is depends on how many smites they've used before because they only smite if they hit...

I'll start punching this into a spreadsheet, shouldn't take long, but it should give a result that actually considers the fact you can miss.
>>
>>52331895
For the last time, you can't just cast awaken on whatever and expect it to work. There are rules.
>>
>>52331895
I remember you. I was the afrosorcerer anon. Still a good idea man.
>>
>>52331990
I believe he's, being more specific, awakening the algae that grows in his beard.
>>
>>52331939
Doesn't really have much choice.
>>
Is it balanced to use a Death Knight's spell slots to smite?
>>
>>52331990
NO there are plants in his beard you autistic cumrag
>>
>>52332007
Afrosorcerer is a good idea too
>>
File: How to kill a vampire2.jpg (14KB, 255x75px) Image search: [Google]
How to kill a vampire2.jpg
14KB, 255x75px
>>52331751
>>52331752
That's all the information there is, except "Strahd must be in his coffin to be destroyed".

And I know you can't kill Strahd for good.
>>
>>52332094
I filled his coffin with wooden stakes and stone shaped it shut
>>
File: howboutthat.gif (1MB, 360x186px) Image search: [Google]
howboutthat.gif
1MB, 360x186px
>>52332110
>>
>>52332094
Interesting, Strahd can only be killed in his resting place, but then he'll turn to gas and return there.
>>
Give me some fun characters to play for my next game
>>
>>52332026
Yup that was it algae anon
>>
>>52332162
Well, now I think I've got my role model for Strahd.
>>
>>52331982
yeah you're right, I was only annoyed that the numbers seemed asspulled

>>52331989
>reactionary attack
I guess I imagined the dwarf running up to the dragon
>free feats
what type of fucking DM does that? Any DM who does that is just asking for his shit to get steamrolled
>enmity before battle
>haste before battle
okay so is the fucker sneaking up on the dragon or something? Like seriously that means he got to spend at least part of a turn within 60 feet
>round of closing in
>with dragon
yeah his 80ft fly speed with long ass reach will give him plenty of time to get all that shit set up pretty easily
On top of all that, the liar actions of the dragon could just fuck the guy up before he even got close enough to the dragon
>>
>>52332168
Kobold mystic.
>>
>>52332007
>afrosorcerer
I'm interested. What was your concept?
>>
>>52332224
>>52332162
I didn't have any garlic or holy water on me though
>>
>>52332165
Well it also says he needs to reach his resting place within two hours. Mist form has a fly speed of 10 feet per second. Logically, if you captured strahd, shipped him to another continent, and killed him there, he wouldn't be able to make it back home in time to avoid dying.
>>
>>52332304
*how? Plane shift or something
>>
>>52332226
Got 236 once you factor in hit chance and crit chance.
There's a 0.75 hit chance and 0.0975 crit chance, which means there isn't much of a mis chance and the crit chance kind of makes up for some of it. Considering there's only 9 attacks and chances are on average you'll miss one of those, I ignored the last 2d8 smite. And, of course, I only gave him one reaction attack since the idea is that the dragon is probably gonna want to melee the guy between round one and round two and it'll move closer to use its claws, because thats part of its attack routine, it's not gonna bother wasting an AoE breath on one person. Probably. Then again, after seeing his damage output, he probably would.

Once he casts haste on himself, he has 150ft speed if he uses haste and his action to dash. He has to be within 10ft to use emnity, so he can easily just run in 75ft then run back 75ft, doesn't really have to be awfully sneaky.

The dragon is assumed to be in some sort of castle, so there's not a lot of fly space, especially considering this is a huge dragon and the paladin has reach (So, the ceiling would have to be about 30ft high for the dragon to be able to fly to escape) and even then, I guess someone can just cast 'fly' on the guy. Cut him a bit of slack, because he's soloing a dragon.

The main issue is him not losing concentration on his haste and not getting feared (paladins get fear immunity at level 12) but I guess he does have aura of protection.
>>
File: hellish halo.jpg (105KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
hellish halo.jpg
105KB, 620x453px
>>52332250
Black man (Think Afro Samurai) finds a phoenix (I think it's a modern day setting but with magical stuff in it) and comforts it in its dying hours, despite not knowing what it is beyond "It's a fire bird". When it finally dies, he starts to bury it, but witnesses its rebirth halfway through. The pure power of the Phoenix's admiration for him is channelled into the part of him he admires himself the most, which is his perfectly kept afro. Phoenix nods at him, then flies away. Black man, stunned, goes off to test his newfound powers on the gangs which rule his street with magic guns, trying to reform and bring an end to crime in the hood with his awesome heart of a thousand suns fire powers.
>>
>>52332168
>Yuan-ti Paladin
>Lizardfolk Cleric / Druid
>Kobold Bard / Dracinic Druid
>Sailor background Triton Storm Sorcerer
>Goblin Beast Master Ranger

Or if you want some less exotic options
>Mountain Dwarf rogue / wizard
>High Elf E.K. Fighter (archery fighting style)
>Tiefling Fiendlock with imp familiar & acolyte of Asmodeus

I hope one of these options peeks your interest.
>>
>>52332168
Deep Stalker ranger with a crossbow, plus undead and eventually fiends, or maybe fey, as favored enemies. Variant human for Crossbow Expert. Be a witch hunter.
>>
>>52332411
Cool.
>>
>>52332168
Human Rogue Swashbuckler Noble that fights with a sword, but finds it pragmatic, if nobody is looking, to pull out a blunderbuss/magic scroll/assorted other dishonourable overpowered weapon and blast their enemy in the face with it.
>>
>>52332168
Trump esc wizards who uses wall spells and banish to control his enemies
>>
>>52332405
>10 ft
>run away
yeah and eat an opportunity attack, and assuming the dwarf wins initative with (most likely) a -1 (assuming point buy)
Ontop of that the red dragon gets a really nasty liar action that restrains, or just creates a thorn bush that fucks with the movement speed of the dwarf
>>
I have a personal file for things I want to do.
The [XX] number is the level at which the build's main features are unlocked that makes the build what it is. But it still works before then. Maybe.
The > arrows are to show how obnoxious this build is and how much it will make your DM want to punch in the face.
[01]Dwarf Stone Sorcerer
[01]Low Con Wizard
>[10]Evocation Magic Missile Wizard
>[04]Halfling lucky diviner wizard
>[02]Barbarogue (Kinda more [10] for uncanny dodge)
>[07]Lifeclericbard or >[02]Lifeclericdruid
>>[06]Sorlockfighter
>>[03]Abjuration Wizardlock
>[01]Paranoia Wisdom Rogue
[03]Pacifist Tranquility Monk
[03]4 Elements Monk Revised and maybe Mobile Monk [01]
[02]Land Druid - Desert or something, I guess. Desert sounds interesting.
[01]Alchemist
[04]Champbarian Half-Orc (Crit-fishing)
>>[07]DEUS VULT Oathbreaker (So intent on smiting evil it goes beyond oaths, somehow)
>>>[05]NUCLEAR DRUID
[03]BUGBEAR ASSASSIN

You know, I don't know why half of these things are on here because I'd never really play half of them, especially anything that's >> or >>>.

But I never actually make anything on this list when I make a character. Why do I even have this list?

As for personality, I normally enjoy building personality off of a build. Make a tranquility monk, then base their personality and backstory and everything off of that, for example. Just works more smoothly for me, and usually there's fun shit to do with that.
>>
File: 442px-Leper.png (297KB, 442x600px) Image search: [Google]
442px-Leper.png
297KB, 442x600px
>Want to play a Leper Paladin
>Really excited about coming up with a good concept
>Paladins are immune to disease

Dang
>>
>>52332654
Those are probably green dragon ones.

The red dragon lair actions either poison them (DC 13, really bad on failure but I kinda doubt the paladin will fail DC 13... But they might, they don't exactly get natural proficiency in con saves) or.. Knocks them prone or does damage? (DC 15 dexterity, but the paladin has aura of protection and advantage from haste)

But that's at initiative 20. What'll probably happen is the guy runs in, uses oath of emnity (Or, heck, they can use oath of emnity on the first turn instead of retreating after using it and lose, what, (1d4+1d8+STR+2d8)*0.92ish damage? Out of 236?) and runs back and eats an opportunity damage (For likely insiginificant amounts of damage)
And then he runs back in, starts attacking, dragon attacks back, he continues attacking and then kills the dragon, so the dragon has one round and one lair action and one reaction attack to kill him/incapacitate him with things such as fear.
>>
>>52329983
Most of my players want to be sneaky, so they won't touch guns with a 20 foot pole.

I'm completely okay with it though. I've liked the idea of a literal guns blazing gnome.
>>
>>52331130
I think the problem with the way Mercer homebrews is that he just throws in drawbacks and thinks that accounts as proper balancing.
>>
>>52332803
>not playing as having your leprosy cured because of your faith

Come on senpai. You can even keep the scars.
>>
>>52332923
I was thinking of that, but it seems like level 3 is a bit early for a big part of your character arc to be resolved.
>>
>>52332803
At 3rd level. And it never says he's cured, just that he's immune to it.

He's no longer suffering the ravages of it, but what's been done has already been done.
>>
File: boktaipiledriver.jpg (378KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
boktaipiledriver.jpg
378KB, 1024x768px
>>52332110
>get some silver nails and oaken stakes blessed
>soak 'em all in garlic juice
>fix them in the coffin
>thrown a globe of sunlight in there
>stoneshape it shut
>bury it at the bottom of a river
>stoneshape a bunch of rocks onto it
>erect large mirrors on the riverbank that beam concentrated sunlight at the coffin's position
>>
>>52332960
Then make it more about your background.
Heck you could even play as though you were just healed.

>Shown mercy
>Has leprosy cured
>Devotion paladin

Your scars can be a constant reminder of who you are and where you come from as well as why you took your oath. It's not a bad concept at all. Being healed by the literal touch of a former leper? Poetic as fuck.
>>
Anons? If WoTC decided to do an Unearthed Arcana giving us 5e updates of old races, what races would you like to see get the playable treatment?

Personally, top of my list would be Lupins, Aranea, Dray, Diaboli, Dhampyrs, Shardminds and Calibans. Also, a decent update of the Warforged and Changeling would be lovely.

For the unfamiliar:
Lupins: Faux-French Swashbuckler-style wolf-people from Mystara, alongside nomadic barbarian clans and Amerindian-inspired tribes who ride around on giant wolves hunting werewolves. A PC race introduced in Mystara and in Red Steel, for 1st and 2nd edition. Updated to 3e in Dragon Magazine.

Aranea: Sapient, sorcerously talented, shapeshifting giant spiders. Hail from the Red Steel setting in AD&D.

Dray: An experiment in evolving humans into dragons, originating from the Dark Sun adventure "City by the Silt Sea" for AD&D.

Diaboli: Peaceful, Chaotic-Good aligned refugees from the Plane of Dreams who happen to look like stereotypical purple-skinned devils. Mystaran race from 1st edition, updated to 3e in Dragon Magazine.

Dhampyrs: Humans with blood lineage tainted by vampirism without being "half-vampire" templated. I don't think these guys were actually ever playable in D&D outside of 4th edition.

Shardmind: Sapient, golem-like race of psionic energy hosted inside bodies of pure crystal. Hail from 4th edition's PHB 3.

Calibans: Fantasy mutants born of black magic, prenatal curses, the sins of their parents, etc. Hail from the 3rd edition update of Ravenloft.
>>
>>52332803
Maybe it stops him from getting worse? It's some magical disease that he needs high level powers to cure and the disease immunity just stops him from dying.

That or a magical curse.
>>
>>52332960
dude. why don't you have your leprosy cured, and the necromancer who blighted you and your village with it is your nemesis. you don't even have to play it vengeance, just play devotion and have your goal to stop him from hurting others, you can lock him up in an anti-magic prison or something.
>>
>>52332803
Leper War Cleric That Calls Himself A Paladin then?
>>
>>52333016
Shardminds would be cool. Also I think the Changeling race is fine, it's better then a lot of options and the Racial is a really creative one to mess around with.

I would honestly prefer they make some new races. This feels the only edition with nothing new.
>>
>>52332803
the easiest solution to this is to ask your DM to remove the disease immunity from your character specifically. It's a nerf. There's not much he can say about it to disagree with.
>>
>>52332960
Maybe his leprosy isn't caused by a simple disease, but by something major.
A far more deadly version of contagion where the disease is magical.
>>
File: 1487556195581.gif (718KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1487556195581.gif
718KB, 500x384px
>>52333016
Fix Gnolls
I liked Gnolls.
>>
>>52333016
Aranea come from the Isle of Dread.
>>
>>52333058
Oh yeah, I guess there's no reason that wouldn't work.

>>52333102
>>52333019
This also works, are there specific rules for magical diseases out of curiosity?

>>52333043
I was originally thinking like Oath of Ancients Paladin, Leper dude is cast out from society, is bitter, washes his hand of society, maybe like Lawful Neutral alignment, and then becomes one with nature and shit and slowly digs his way up from there.
>>
I think I can at least confidently say that a level 12 paladin could well have a chance 1v1 against an adult dragon if it's a simple 'They walk up to each other and start hitting each other' scenario

As for 5 level 11s instead...
>>
>>52333169
This reminds me of a question I asked myself earlier, actually. Could a wizard capture a tarrasque by himself? Taking into account the legendary resistancesand the resistance to magic effects, could a tarrasque be polymorphed into a cockroach if a wizard had polymorph and true polymorph prepared? I see it as, it only has 11 wisdom base, so it's not likely to succeed his saves, if it uses legendary resistance all three times, and then fails the true polymorph save and is turned into a cockroach permanently then stored in a little glass bottle, could a wizard have a tarrasque up his sleeve?
>>
>>52333254
Honestly yeah. It's way easier then people make it out to be.
>>
>>52332896
To be fair he was adapting a Pathfinder class, and probably didn't want his player to have to memorize a bunch of new mechanics mid character progression. So his design flaws had to be carried over by necessity. Blood hunter seems way more balanced; doesn't have any particularly broken things in it.
>>
>>52333140
Mummy Rot (guess what inflicts it) is interestingly a curse in 5e, so there's some precedent. That one's curable by Remove Curse though.

Likewise Lycanthropy, although those born with it are only curable via a wish spell.

These are what I'm assuming is referred to by magical disease, since resurrection magic doesn't cure those, unlike normal diseases.
>>
>>52333254
The tarrasque is a dumb, land-locked, giant monster that could probably easily be kited to death.

Fortunately you can't just fly about it and launch eldritch blasts, but there are other things you can launch at it.

No doubt you could do something similar by targeting its saves.

The real problem with the terrasque is it laying siege to places and coming back to life.
>>
>>52333392
yes, hence why I wanted to turn it into a cockroach to be unleashed and dispelled when the time comes for a big destructive distraction, or whatever someone might need a tarrasque for. I also find the idea of a wizard with a little shelf containing a little bottle with a cockroach in it behind SEVERAL HUNDRED magical wards, locks, gates and illusions hilarious. Imagine a thief getting past all that just to find a sleeping cockroach in a jar.
>>
>>52333254
Sure why not. This is why I give the tarrasque a ranged attack

Expel Bile range 150ft. every creature within 30ft. must make a DC 22 Dexterity save or take 54 (12d8) and half on a success. On a failure, the creature takes an extra 27 (6d8) at the start of its next turn
>>
>>52333453
That's nasty
>>
>>52333254
Tarrasque has bonus to his saves on his mental saves. He has a +9 to wis in addition to the whole advantage to spell saves thing.
>>
>>52333453
Savage. Do you replace swallow with it or just give it to the tarrasque extra. Do you have it as like, variants of tarrasques? So you could encounter a melee tarrasque then a different tarrasque could've evolved the bile to deal with, say, having to hunt flying creatures.
>>
>>52333475
So, unlikely but possible. Diviner Halfling Wizard it is then.
>>
>>52333443
Of course, if you're going to die as well, you can just swallow the tarrasqueroach.

It will eventually die in your body, whereupon your corpse explodes in a shower of gore as the monster is freed.
>>
>>52333494

Is that build actually legit fun to play?

Actually really fun or just "lol I win everything" fun?

Not trying to be a dick, just curious.
>>
>>52333522
It's a build for "I absolutely must do this". It's powerful, and you should really use it responsibly, but if you want to make something happen as a wizard, that's the build you take.
>>
>>52333522
It's not as awesome as you might think, all the time. It's more clutch moment awesome.
Though, as someone who enjoys his 1's like his 20's, halflings arn't something I would pick.
>>
>>52333519
That is an excellent idea. Tarrasqueroach is an ace in the hole I really want to create.
>>
>>52333476
It can choose to replace Bite/Swallow in the normal multiattack
>>
Can you polymorph awakened plants?
>>
>>52333677
yes
>>
>>52333066
Yeah... unfortunately, 5e seems to be selling itself on not only the "nostalgia homage" edition, but on going back to "purist" D&D - which is essentially Forgotten Realms and nothing else. The days of moon-dwelling samurai catfolk and sapient golems and all that other glorious weirdness is behind us now, and the 4e hate scared them too much to bring it back.

>>52333112
Agreed! Would love to have PC gnolls back.

>>52333127
As a monster, maybe, but they were a core PC race in Red Steel back in 2e.
>>
File: half ogre.png (194KB, 310x400px) Image search: [Google]
half ogre.png
194KB, 310x400px
>>52333016
Half-Ogres
>>
Just a public service announcement: going to be running a HotDQ (I know, I know) inspired campaign on Sunday, 2 PM MST. All printed splats allowed, UA allowed within reason (no loremaster, no nuclear druid, no using UA for dipping). Vitality points are in use. Other variant rules TBD. Point buy.

Please bring character picture I can make into a circular token.

Classes already decided upon are an archer ranger and a bard (though the player doesn't intend on sticking with it, so if you want a primary bard, don't feel like you'll be redundant).

https://app.roll20.net/join/17848/RG-knQ

>>52327556
Sorry about that, was removing the people I haven't seen for years and accidentally got some people from /tg/, didn't realize anyone had joined. My bad.
>>
>>52332405
>not getting feared (paladins get fear immunity at level 12) but I guess he does have aura of protection.

Paladins get Fear Immunity aura at level 10. 12 is an ability score increase.
>>
>>52333711
>which is essentially Forgotten Realms and nothing else.

Bullshit, they include details for how to adapt their adventures to other campaigns, which is not very FR-ey. The adventures themselves are also not very Forgotten Realmsy (the Cult of the Dragon has nothing to do with dracoliches, Elemental Evil has nothing to do with Realms Tharizdun, etc), and there's even a Ravenloft adventure. The default planar setting is also Great Wheel, not FR.
>>
>>52333706
>>52333677
can you awaken polymorphed plants?
>>
>>52333016
> A long list of shitty snowflake races
No thanks.
>>
>>52332824
>>52332405
>>52333776
>incapacitate him with things such as fear.

Paladin is already immune to fear at level 11. Unless he's multiclassed.
>>
>>52333706
Ohhohoho my beard can become other things that aren't a beard

>>52333801
I guess you could but it sounds like a waste of 1000 gp
>>
>>52333727
They'd just push Goliaths for that.
>>
>>52333016
Is there legitimately *anything* about Dray that isn't covered by dragonborn and lizardmen? Likewise, I doubt there needs to be another race that looks like tieflings.

Calibans aren't even from TSR/WotC, so those are definitely a no go.
>>
>>52333828
Well, if the wizard you've been tracking captures your companion and permamorphs them into a plant, making them able to speak again seems like a short term fix, at least.
>>
>>52333776
>>52333826
Oh, fuck.
I just knew it was somewhere around improved divine smite but not improved divine smite, forgot about ASIs.

Also forgot to mention if it's a dwarf paladin they don't have to worry much about the rather dangerous poison 'if you fail this you become incapacitated' lair action.
>>
>>52333905
Give Dragonborn draconians and dray as subraces.
>>
>>52329983
>What do you think about artificer, gunsmith artificer in particular?
I hate them, they are not a fantasy thing
>>
>>52333016
So we have here:
French furries
Spiders, for the fetish fuel
Another fucking dragonborn race
Another fucking tiefling
I'm all right with dhampyrs but can their name be spelled less faggily
You could make these out of refluffed earth genasi
Ugly edgy, which I like.

I'm all right with three of them.
>>
If you awaken a beast or plant, who chooses the personality? The DM?
>>
>>52333918
I'm pretty a normal polymorph can reverse it
>>
>>52333974
I'm sure there's a table somewhere on the internet for that. But I'd let the DM decide
>>
>>52333974
The DM. It's charmed by you, but once the 30 days are up it can fuck right off, so the permanent personality is chosen by the DM.
>>
Maybe it's a stupid question but. How does Reach work in 5e? My dm can't make his mind if i can attack at 5ft with halaberd or not. Yet in rulebook it is said that it just extendes the range by 5 ft. There is nothing about not being able to make an attack.
>>
>>52334083
Yes, it increases your reach by 5'.
Yes, you can attack people 5' away.
>>
>>52334083
A reach weapon can attack any creature within 10 feet of you. The only weapon that has a drawback for attacking closer to you is a lance. Applying that to all reach weapons was a 3.5e thing, not a 5e thing.
>>
>>52334083
you ca attack people 5 ft. away from you with reach weapons. otherwise they would be garbage because enemies would get opportunity attacks every time you backed up to get your attack
>>
>>52334083
Why does lance specifically give you disadvantage to attacks within 5ft if you can't attack within 5ft?
>>
>>52334108
>>52334111
>>52334115
>>52334147
Thanks b0ys. Now i can deus vult with polearm master in peace
>>
>>52333787
>Realms Tharizdun
When did the big T escape from his mountain prison again?
>>
>>52334147
Because the Lance was design for a different 5e than what we're playing.
>>
Can I read any Ravenloft books without having Curse of Strahd spoiled for me?
>>
>>52334147
Because it's a special weapon that deals more damage than other reach weapons with special effects for when you're mounted.
>>
>>52330350
All turns happen at the same time in a round of combat so if the necromancer had not yet taken his turn you could have him spend his whole turn in the air
>>
>>52333905
Actually, dray and dragonborn are pretty different, as 1d4chan covers. Statwise, dray are closer to +Str/Int lizardfolk with Fire Resistance.

>>52333939
Eh, draconians and dray are so different in what they do - draconians have a wide variety of shit they can do, plus they explode rather than having a breath weapon, and dray have almost nothing in common with dragonborn besides being humanoid reptiles - that I don't think that'd work.

>>52334220
Pretty easily. Curse of Strahd has very little in common with anything other than the most basic rundown of Strahd's past from prior editions, so the Barovia presented in 5e is very much not the same as in 3e or even 2e. It is pretty close to the original Ravenloft module and to Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, though.
>>
>>52333727
That reminds me, a few threads ago there was discussion over making the Half-human bloodlines into feats varhums could take.

So here's a couple based on that idea:

Giantkin
Prerequisites: Human, can only be taken at first level.
Either your mama was a size queen, or your daddy had a thing for BBW. Either way you're descended from some kind of giant. Hopefully just an ogre. Either way you gain the following benefits:
* Increase your Strength ability score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
* You have Darkvision to a range of 60ft.
* You have the Powerful Build trait (you count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.)
* You have the Menacing trait (you are proficient in the Intimidation skill.)
* You can read, write, and speak the Giant language in addition to your others.

Feyborn
As the saying goes, it's not rape if it's an Elf. Either way, one of your folks had a thing for pointed ears, giving you the following benefits:
* Increase your Dexterity ability score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
* You have the Fey Ancestry trait (Advantage on charm saves, magic can't put you to sleep)
* You have the Keen Senses trait (You are proficient in the Perception skill.)
* You can read, write, and speak the Elven language in addition to your others.

Stoneborn
Orcish
Your parent had a serious shortstack fetish. Or you come from Athas. This gives you a very impressive beard, and the following benefits:
* Increase your Constitution ability score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
* You have the Dwarven Resiliance trait (Advantage on poison saves, resistance to poison damage)
* You have the Resilient Body trait (You are proficient in the Athletics skill.)
* You can read, write, and speak the Dwarven language in addition to your others.
>>
>>52334276
The point is that it would not have disadvantage within 5ft if it couldn't attack within 5ft.

That'd be like giving disadvantage on attempts to jump from the earth to the moon in one go.
>>
How does the new war mage look?
>>
>>52334220
All of them except for the various iterations of I6 (I6, RM4, Ravenloft 25th Anniversary, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft). CoS is half totally new stuff and half I6. The only acknowledgement I6 gets in the rest of the material is a history entry that says Date: Powerful heroes assault Castle Ravenloft, and are slain.. Strahd has so many would-be assassins he doesn't really give a shit about them anymore.
>>
>>52334321
Nevermind me, I misread what you said.
>>
>>52332411

>negro sorcerer
>Not Stormborn

I don't follow
>>
>>52334302
>>52334323

I meant, like, Ravenloft novels, not old sourcebooks, etc.

But that's useful as well.
>>
>>52334341
Well, he existed nowhere near the sea, living in an inner city suburb for his entire life. He also didn't have magic before this point. And if you're talking negro stereotypes then surely he'd be terrified of thunder and lightning.
>>
>>52334220

splatbooks wise Van Richtern's guides are pretty awesome

You even get the full Van Richten's journal
>>
>>52334405

Dude, negros and electricity powers. Hell, there shouldn't even be a comma in it, it should just be "negros, [therefore] electricity powers"
>>
>>52334352
Should be able to. There's really not enough plot in I6 to carry a novel, so it's much more likely to be mentioned as a background event. Only ones that are arisk are the ones that focus on Strahd himself, like I, Strahd. I think that covers a lot of Strahd's back story, given that it's meant to be something like his memoir.
>>
>>52333318
>To be fair he was adapting a Pathfinder class, and probably didn't want his player to have to memorize a bunch of new mechanics mid character progression.
Yeah, this. Plus I imagine it was Mercer's first homebrew with 5e mechanics.
When it comes to gunslingers I prefer to recommend the version in Complete Martialist.
>>52333951
>I hate them, they are not a fantasy thing
Muh generic fantasy
>>52333392
>The tarrasque is a dumb, land-locked, giant monster that could probably easily be kited to death.
A 20th level necromancer could wipe it out pretty fast by kitting out all his skeletons with +X longbows. Only like 10 of them would actually hit, depending on what bonus you give the longbows, and making 100+ magical longbows is pretty costly and time consuming but you can still do it in less than a minute, I think.
>>
>>52334319
WotC shouldn't publish anything that encourages rape as a backstory desu senpai, it only ends badly.
>>
>>52334200
Just was pointing out that Ghaunadaur (sp) is definitely FR's Tharizdun expy.
>>
Yawning portal pdf when?
>>
I predict that WotC's next epic 1-20 campaign will be all 12 Dragonlance core modules.
>>
>>52334590
I predict the campaign I will run for that being PURGE ALL KENDER
>>
>>52334505
There's halforcs already. The descriptions were just purely glib.
(And yeah, WotC sanitised the Half-Orcs, they can do it for others)

(Also, ignore the mention of Orcish, that's from an earlier draft before I realised half-orcs and half-ogres/giants would only be one trait and language different, so I figured I'd go for Half-dwarves.)
>>
How often do you guys run pre-written adventures/campaigns?

I've only recently started playing DnD, but it just seems a bit weird to play a pre-created game.
>>
>>52334773
Well if you don't want to you don't have to. Just play a setting in a small area, run it as you want beyond that.
>>
>>52334505
>Half-Orcs
>Half-Ogres
>Half everything
>>
>>52334773
Its useful when you're just a beginning DM. You can use it like a starting toolkit and change what you want about it, and even use the adventure as the seed for your own game world.
>>
/5eg/ would you allow rape in you game and if so to what extent
>>
File: 1472373882068.png (181KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1472373882068.png
181KB, 450x338px
>>52334817
Everyone is required to make a FATAL character prior to playing with me, and we begin a subgame the moment someone rolls to grapple.
>>
>>52334798
Half-Dragon
>>
>>52334817
fuck off satan
>>
>>52334817
>Would you allow rape in you game
I did

>If so to what extent
I let a player play a 5e Ranger. You can't get much more raped than that.
>>
>>52330476
> dual wielding
> range weapon
???
>>
Is Tomelock fun? I'm fine with being a eldritch blast turret in combat. I just want shit tons of utility outside of combat.
>>
File: ChOGTvQWIAA_M3n.jpg (24KB, 269x431px) Image search: [Google]
ChOGTvQWIAA_M3n.jpg
24KB, 269x431px
>>52334817
No.
>>
>>52334869
Damn, those archers don't know how a pistol works.
>>
>>52334773
They can be fun and reasonably well polished.

I imagine they aren't as much fun to run as to play though, unless you use them like the guidelines they are rather than the immutable law.
>>
>>52334773
>How often do you guys run pre-written adventures/campaigns?
I ran LMoP so myself and my group could get used to the system, and then Curse of Strahd cause one of my players thought it sounded cool. Next campaign I run is entirely original, and I probably won't do any more prewritten campaigns other than maybe running the CoS party through the Tomb of Horrors.
>I've only recently started playing DnD, but it just seems a bit weird to play a pre-created game.
I don't think it's too weird. It's a decent learning tool, though not perfect, and the stories can provide some decent inspiration.
>>
>>52334879

It's hella more utile than either blade or chain, I'll give ya that.

tho at my table, we add utility to the bladelock by allowing the pact blade to trasform into anything that would technically be an improvised weapon and then giving the warlock proficency with it

You shape your blade into a guitar, you can play guitar, you shape into a hammer, you can smith
>>
>>52334840
I could play a game with this concept.
>>
>>52334957
Who couldnt
>>
>>52334869
Do you not know what a pistol is?
>>52334912
>I imagine they aren't as much fun to run as to play though, unless you use them like the guidelines they are rather than the immutable law.
They're definitely better as guidelines. Going off-book a little, even if it's just tweaking encounters or changing loot, can improve things quite a bit.
>>
>>52334905
Learn to seperate system mechanic with "muh realism". Otherwise we will start reciting reason why dragon can't exist to you and say "damn, those neckbard doen't know how physics works".
>>
>>52334988
It isn't a light melee weapon that's for sure. So you can't TWF with it with the same reason why you can't TWF with hand crossbow.
>>
I think 27 points are too few and would like the characters in my party to have a better spread of stats. Maintaining the point-buy system, how many points could I give them to achieve this?29 or 31?
>>
What's the worst character you ever rolled stats for /5eg/
>>
>>52334773

When I started DMing a year ago, I was lucky enough to have two whole groups. The first one started on Lost Mines of Phandelver and moved into Princes of the Apocalypse, and the other started on some 3rd party modules, and then transitioned into my own improvised sessions.

In my experience, I enjoy both pre-written and improv equally, but for different reasons. The pre-written modules fill in a lot of the detail work that I tend to find tedious, but when you write the material you get to tailor things a bit more to your players.

I think there's a benefit to doing a bit of both. The pre-written modules let you run challenges that you might not have thought of on your own, and thus inspire your writing to greater diversity. By running your own material and improvising, you can run pre-written material more smoothly, because you know how to handle deviations from the source material.

Right now my pre-written group is beginning Curse of Strahd, and my improv group is wrapping up their current campaign. I'm loving both.
>>
>>52335096
29 is good if you want character with no dump stats. 31 would make monk happy but it might be too high if you don't have a monk.

>>52335206
We don't roll for stats here silly anon. That's not fun at all.
>>
>>52335206
I rolled an edgy Human Rogue that was an assassin for hire. I tried to put as much edge in as possible ironically but once we started playing I realised I hated what I created.
>>
File: 1365902342782.png (55KB, 455x451px) Image search: [Google]
1365902342782.png
55KB, 455x451px
>group hasn't met to play in 3 weeks

Waiting for the day where my DM grows some balls and still holds the sessions if only one person is missing.
>>
>>52335280
>not holding sessions if one person is missing

You DM is a fucking elf loving faggot
>>
>>52335280

Your DM requires 100% attendance to run a session? That's fucking lame. How many people are in the group?
>>
>>52332229
See that thread?
Don't be that thread.
>>
>>52335280
I can relate anon. I haven't played in a week and a half. I'm starting to get the shakes, especially because last session ended on a cliffhanger so i've already autistically calculated the possibilities and now I just wanna put the plan into action.
>>
>>52335206
Rolled a 15, 13, 11, 10, 8 and 6 for a Monk of all things.

Made him into a backup character for an evil campaign. He is a chaotic evil long-death monk that resembles a hideous creature with 6 charisma because of his many scars, burns and deformations. He is almost unkillable and only interested in the death of other creatures, wanting to see them die in all kinds of ways to study the moment of their death.
>>
>>52330307
Polymorphing someone into a low hp low dex animal like a snail then disintegrating them. By rules they don't change back and are a pile of dust just like a wildshaped druid who gets disintegrated.
>>
>>52335404
My hatred and love for the disintegrate spell just multiplied
>>
File: 1434186971537.gif (2MB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
1434186971537.gif
2MB, 450x254px
/5eg/, what is the best setting you've played in? We always talk about Adventure Paths, but most games are going to be homebrew settings, in my experience. So what's your favorite setting you've run/played in that wasn't WotC made?
>>
>>52335316
6. He's asked the group before if they were okay with holding sessions if only one person was missing and it didn't go through because one person is a party guy and takes any chance to go out partying and sees one person missing as an opportunity to do it.

Fucking sucks because some of us consider getting together with friends at a house to play a game for hours on end while playing music and eating junk food to be a party but apparently that guy doesn't.

>>52335349
At this point we're playing like once or twice a month and it's honestly just killing my drive to play the game at all.
>>
>>52335280
I have 8 people in my group, if 4 people can appear we play
>>
Do we have any Neutral or Good Gods who include disease, plague or rot in their portfolio? I planning to make a full creepy but nice Death Cleric and I'd like to avoid evil.
>>
>>52335357

I made a Long death monk once.

It was basically Hannibal
>>
>>52335503
Is that you Matt Mercer?

Jokes aside pls give me your DM
>>
>>52335404
So the Disintegrate reducing a target to ash resolves before the target reverts form from being at 0 HP?
>>
>>52335404

Same deal for Power Word Kill

Or the Bag of Devouring
>>
>>52335508
Yeah.

You're looking for Apollo, god of healing, music, the sun, and disease. It's just that D&D doesn't really focus on his disease infliction.
He's listed as Chaotic Good in the PHB (although personally I'd say he's enough of a dick to be CN)

Also there's Rudra, an Indian storm god, who was lawful neutral in earlier editions. He also controlled disease.
>>
>>52335626
Sweet. I prefer using gods from real cultures because they're always more interesting.

Think I'll give Rudra a look because the sunlight side of Apollo would make it a little weird.
>>
>>52335645
>Melanoma for EVERYONE!
>>
>>52335649
Actually if I could give people Melanoma with Contagion I'd fucking love it.
>>
>>52335557
Essentially. Their polymorphed form hits 0, they turn to ash and then can't revert back because they're ash.
>>
>>52335557
Correct, it was also confirmed in a rules answers article for July 2016. It also stops a halforcs relentless endurance: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/rules-answers-july-2016
>>
>>52330092
ok.. this triggers the fuck out of me. My favorite style of pally to run has always been a glaive wielding paladin. I have played one in 3e all the way to shitfinder and dnd vista. Now I roll one again in 5e and I'm somehow a powergamer. It's not my fault my favorite character is finally effective.
>>
>>52334692
>sanitised

I just looked up PHB 1e half orcs. It doesn't mention rape either.
>>
>>52335557
specific overwrite general
>>
>>52335675
whoa. That's pretty bullshit. I love it.
>>
>>52335753
>"Half-Orcs are rarely the result of loving unions" Either a human and an orc are having marital problems or there was a rape involved. Rape in literature is usually implicit, especially in a game that's supposed to be fairly light-hearted.
>>
>>52335645
Well, there's some interesting diseases which could fit with the light. I mean, taking Contagion: Blinding Sickness, Mindfire, and Seizure could all be fun for an Apollo cleric.

In either case, the holy weapon of both Apollo and Rudra, and the weapon most associated with disease, is the bow. (There's a reason why the White Horseman of the Apocalypse is associated with Pestilence.)
Fortunately the Death domain gives you access to martial weapons, giving you the Longbow.
>>
>>52335675
Why the hell would they rule it that way?
>>
>>52335827
Because it's fucking Disintegrate.
>>
>>52335463

Sounds like you should talk to your DM about dropping that dude, or making him a drop-in, drop-out type character. Especially with 6 people.

If your DM is worried about having to maintain continuity or some shit, tell him to chill out. Managing shifting attendance is easy. One of my groups can get up to 7 people, but one of my players drives from a ways away, so she only makes it about 25% of the time. One of my other players in that group is also pretty inconsistent, like 50% attendance. My other group is full of last minute flakery too. But as long as you have at least 3 players, any DM can figure out something. The missing PC can be called off to do some task, or just be abducted by something in the night. If the main story is too difficult for a smaller party, modify it, or do a side quest.

The whole gaming group should not be held hostage by one asshat who can't attend. Other than the DM, no one of you should be so integral to the whole thing that it can't be done without them.
(Which is also why you should learn to DM, and thus *always* be playing D&D, muhahaha.)
>>
>>52335827
Because they only specifically mentioned the half-orc racial, but through confirming it opened the door for the polymorph version. Essentially what happens is you polymorph say, a frost giant into a snail, cast disintegrate on it, and it dies. It is turned into a frost giant sized pile of ash, as it disintegrates and turns back into it's original form at the same time.
>>
>>52335811
Now that I think about the bow thing you're right. Kinda wonder why it is and I might google that.
>>
>>52335753
Good point. The 1e Monster Manual also mentioned them interbreeding with many other races, which would support the 5e version's idea of it being through diplomatic marriages.
>>
>>52335848
That means nothing.
>>
File: Orcs VGtM.png (264KB, 370x367px) Image search: [Google]
Orcs VGtM.png
264KB, 370x367px
>>52335807
>>
> Grapple enemy
> Mighty Leap 100ft up
> release the enemy
> also fall down but take no damage due to air mastery focus

Why is this allow?
>>
>>52335864
They mention the druid version too.
>>
>>52335953
Why punish druids for using their coolest ability
>>
>>52335943
because you're magic. didn't you guess that.
>>
>>52335854
Yeah, I should, but they're related so I don't think it would accomplish anything. Also at this point it kinda feels like I'm the only one who cares enough to make it an issue, so I'm just gonna stop expecting to play at a scheduled time.

Only playing once or twice a month is so far and few in between we might as well not be playing at all.
>>
>>52335943
>become encumbered and barely able to move at all because i'm a psion with no strength
>even if I have the strength to not be encumbered still deal but 10d6 to something that is more than likely resistant to bludgeoning
>>
>>52335943
Any flight sped on a grappler is amazing. Even a Totem Barbarian with the Tiger level 3 option can head drop people.
>>
>>52335871
Ahah, sometimes it's also true for Apollo's sister Artemis as well.

I think it's because disease strikes suddenly, without warning.
There's also the case of "elfshot" where sudden pains in parts of the body were blamed on elves/fairies shooting the victim with invisible arrows.
>>
>>52335976
An uncharacteristic lack of foresight in my opinion. I expect the ruling to be reversed.
>>
>>52335976
That's like saying Heat Metal or Silence is punishing people. Every tactic needs a counter tactic and having infinite HP is countered with turning them into ash.
>>
>>52335987
>become encumbered and barely able to move at all because i'm a psion with no strength

A gnome with 10 strength can lift 300 pounds. No ogre but that's most people.
>>
File: 1469883462926.jpg (38KB, 611x857px) Image search: [Google]
1469883462926.jpg
38KB, 611x857px
>>52335936
>strike an alliance
>>
>>52335987
How many things are resistant to bludgeoning?

I don't think many things are. There are a good number of things that are resistant to non-magical weapons, though, I think.

>>52335943
Since you're grappling, your jump height will probably be halved.
5d6 damage?
>>
>>52335936
wow they really neutered the original lore there.
>>
How would you stat a scythe with finesse?
>>
>>52335982

Yeah, I hear you, sucks when you can't scratch the itch. Are you somewhere where you can find another group?
>>
>>52336038
A bunch of orcs come up to your village and go "We're the bloodsplitter tribe! We will wed our chief's child to your chief's child to ensure peace," you're going to be drawing straws to see who gets promoted to chief.
>>
>>52336017
Well how the hell does my Druid counter being turned to ash
>>
File: snu snu.png (303KB, 874x1240px) Image search: [Google]
snu snu.png
303KB, 874x1240px
>>52335936
>no pair-bonding
Why you gotta cockblock my orc waifus WotC?
>>
>>52335987
>>52336039
Fall damage isn't an attack so "resistance to nonmagical attack / weapon" doesn't apply.
>>
>>52336079
Write the stats in cursive.
>>
Anyone have a stat block for Leosin from the Tyranny campaign?
>>
Following up on the previous question, would there be an issue with stating a versatile 1d6/1d8 finesse weapon?
>>
>>52335987
> He think mystic should dump STR instead of INT
>>
>>52336100
How does a fighter counter being turned to ash? Also how does someone in Metal counter Heat Metal? Basically your infinite HP doesn't count and you handle a Disintegrate just like everyone else.

Another thing is how many enemies even know Disintegrate? Can't be more then a handful right?
>>
>>52336131
Mystic should dump Wis or CHA since they're autistic.
>>
>>52336093
but it says they only want the strongest, so if you present them with weak fuckmeat they'll get pissy and kill you all anyway.
>>
>>52335943
>focusing on something else so no advantage on STR checks
>costs 2, and a bonus action to +5 your check
So it's 7 damage per point if you can do it without needing +5, and 5.4 if you have to use it. This is in line with other things. You're also focusing on Strength which is heavily punished on Mystic.
>>
>>52336112
Because it means you could end up with a harem of orc women, who all see you as a novelty.

>"You humans mate when you don't want children?"
>"Well yeah, when you do it right, it can be pleasurable."
>"Pleasurable? Tell me more."
>"Well, if you'll give me some time to get the feeling back in my body, I'll demonstrate it to you."
>>
>>52336079
literally refluff dagger with slashing damage
>>
>>52336089
Nah I'm not interested in playing with strangers.
>>
What is the bast thing to combo with wall of thorns

I'm thinking a sorlock quickening repelling blast

What are you combo ideas /5eg/
>>
>>52336118
Use the Martial Arts Adept from Volo's?
>>
>>52336155
So they pick the farmer's kid who's no good for anything, and send them in hopes of pleasing the orc royalty.

After a sweaty night, the poor youth ends up hearing a musical ding, from the heavens, and realises that they've just gained their first level in bard.
>>
Is Wu Jen the best Wot4E monk?
>>
>>52336140
>Another thing is how many enemies even know Disintegrate? Can't be more then a handful right?

It's a very minor rule that works to counter an unsuspecting druid. It's unlikely to come up in that context unless the DM has read that ruling and a Druid is being too big for his britches.

Much more likely to come up is using it with Polymorph to murderate people, because that is on the player instead of the world.
>>
>>52336207
I am making a character concept out of that.
>>
>>52336207

Kid these days got it easy. I didn't get my first level in bars until I fucked one of every single race
>>
>>52336177

Well shit, good luck then. My last suggestion would be to try what I did, and drum up interest with people you know who don't already play. Easier said than done, though. Good luck Anon.
>>
>>52336216
Anything is a better Wot4E monk than the Wot4E monk by virtue of not being a Wot4E monk.
>>
>>52336224
Honestly at that point they have to fail 2 saves and you've used a 4th level spell and a 6th level spell. I'm inclined to just let the players have it. Just make sure I give some enemies immunity to Polymorphing effects or Legendary saves if I want to stop it in a fight.
>>
>>52336155
>>52336093
>>52336207
>Husband and wife team of bards, one's human, the other's an orc.
>The orc goes up to villages and demands they make an alliance with their tribe.
>The human turns up and volunteers for the dangerous duty, as a noble adventurer.
>They spend the night in the inn free of charge, and the human can usually get the village to pay as well.
>>
>>52335807

Yep, rapeyness of half orcs is more something you can guess rather than explicitly noted in 1e and 5e.
>>
>>52335931
It does, Disintegrate has been the counter to unkillable foes for quite awhile.
>>
Is there anything exploitable on a two handed finesse weapon? 1d8 or 2d4 damage dice.
>>
>>52336295
This, it's a 6th level spell that only stops one target. It better be fucking good at it.
>>
>>52336306
Why is it needed when compared to a rapier? Can't you just say you're holding it two handed?
>>
>>52336325
A player of mine wants to have a 2d4 slashing scythe. I considered just making it two-handed as a way of "balancing" it.
>>
Does anyone know how to add parts to the character sheet?
I'm about to run a homebrew game & need to change the names of some skills & add a few parts.

On another note I remember someone posting a 5E character sheet for Star Wars somewhere.
Does anyone have it or did I see it somewhere else?
>>
>>52332803
is the DD Leper really a paladin tho? he can only heal himself, he can take a turn to buff his damage, and the damage he does is huge, with a limited range. plus, even tho no one uses it, one of his attacks is screaming at people to debuff them.

maybe hes just a really religious, armored-up berzerker?
>>
>>52336311

This too. campaigns peter out at level 11, so when you blow your big wad, it should make a statement
>>
>>52336354
I'd just make it 1d8 finesse slashing.

Though slashing with a weapon like that rarely makes sense with Finesse because it's often unwieldy and hard to maneuver. Also it is often edgy as all hell. Do as you will though.
>>
>>52336180
No one?
>>
>>52336366
Ah like the Path of the Zealot from UA? I can buy that.
>>
>>52329983
desu dismas might be the best example you could have used here, first thing i did when i got the rules was set up a character sheet based off of him
>>
File: gay earth.gif (2MB, 497x268px) Image search: [Google]
gay earth.gif
2MB, 497x268px
>>52336161
>end up with a harem of orc women, who all see you as a novelty.
>your fun is badwrong says Social Justice Wizards
>>
>>52336440
Why would SJWs oppose that?
Surely empowered women making their own life choices earns brownie points
>>
>>52336440
Oh trust me, my fun runs far badong than that.
>>
>>52336100
Having enough HP to survive it and succeeding the saving throw. Just like literally anyone else.
>>52336114
RAW, sure, but RAI it seems obvious that it's a resistance to bludgeoning etc damage from nonmagical sources, otherwise you could do retarded shit like stabbing them with a fork and saying it bypasses the resistance because it's not a weapon.
>>
>>52336440
I'm 100% sure it has nothing to do with some obscure grognard fetishizing orcs
>>
>>52336521
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/08/31/immunity-to-bludgeoning-does-take-damage-from-falling/

Both RAW and RAI
>>
>>52336481
If that's badong I don't want to be gnodab
You know the rules
>>
>>52336521
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2016/07/03/can-a-creature-who-is-immune-to-bludgeoning-damage-fall-from-any-height-unharmed/

And this one too.
>>
>>52336100
turn into a crag cat. That will deterrent them from using disintegrate on you, since if you succeed the spell will be turn back on them.
>>
>Horror campaign
>Soldiers stationed in a far away village town just at the border
>Ambushed by Werewolves, the town Cleric rescues us from our troop and nurses us back to health
>First night of activity, she invites us to the bar to celebrate being alive
>We all get beer and jerky (Winter, so no fresh meat)
>Cleric doesn't have that, insists they're vegetarian because "meat doesn't taste good"
>A few days later
>Go investigate the town's farm
>The farm is pitiful, could never feed this entire town
>Find the farmer dead in one of the rooms, in Summer clothes, no physical damage at all
>Get the fuck out of there when we figure out he was killed by spectral means
>On the way back, attacked by a group of long limbed things
>The warlock is dead set on killing them all and running, but I call out I'm knocking one out
>When combat is over, grab the knocked out one by it's neck
>From the description the DM gave us, we found out it's a Wendigo
>The DM also said all random encounters will make sense in terms of the area
>We figure out as a group that everyone in that town may be a Wendigo except the Priest, her father, the blacksmith, the doctor, and the bartender

God damnit this game is fun.
>>
>>52336554
As in I need to share?

I like supporting other people's magical realms. Strong orc women? Sure. Juiblex having slimegirl daughters? Why not! Defeating the Hill Giants by romancing Chief Guh? Of course that's fine.
>>
File: 1405631240059.jpg (42KB, 477x297px) Image search: [Google]
1405631240059.jpg
42KB, 477x297px
>>52336631
>>
File: KungPow.webm (3MB, 294x125px) Image search: [Google]
KungPow.webm
3MB, 294x125px
>>52336662
>>
>>52332556
>Wall of ICE
oh my.
>>
Ranger's looking at getting a new companion because his Stirge was killed. They're level 9 and he was wondering if he could get a CR 1 beast in exchange for giving up it's level 4 ASI or something. Is there a way to balance this?
>>
>>52336549
>>52336599
I was gonna say "I stand corrected" after the first link was posted... but the second one showed me that their thought process is not only completely arbitrary, but doesn't even make sense.

So, yeah, I'll concede that that is RAI. I'm probably going to ignore that ruling though.
>>
>>52331256
>I've been trying to get myself some new tricks rather than a rogue/eldritch blast spambot type thing

Then don't be a warlock.
>>
>>52336698
I think what JC meant "sitational by purpose" is that "if your current weapon doesn't work, you can still find other way around it"

Player doesn't get screw up if they forget to bring silver weapon against werewolf.
>>
>>52336686
IF you're the DM you can obviously allow it.
>>
>>52336674
Posting that webm should be a bannable offense.
>>
>>52336686
Seeing that... they're giving artificer a free CR2 creature... sure..?
>>
So can a dragon breath or fireball plow through multiple Walls of Ice, if one is located behind the first?
>>
>>52336779
Didn't think of that. As a whole Archetype feature I can't see him overpowering people with it.
>>
what do you guys think of my idea of a houserule for warlocks?

Warlocks get double spell slots (new spell slots would be earned every 3 levels after 2nd) but can only regain spell slots from a short rest once a day.

the goal is to make warlocks less reliant on the short rest feature. this way a warlock who gets 5 short rests a day or some crazy shit isnt insnaely more powerful/useful than a warlock who gets a more realistic amount of 2-3.
>>
>>52336765
Why?
>>
>>52330886
Not so. A giant and a halfling get the same effect if they drink an ordinary human-made potion of healing. And you can't drink half a potion of healing to just get back 1d4+1 hp.
>>
>>52336820
huh, that's one of the few house rules I like

most houserules pertaining to classes here are "the fighter doesn't have enough out of combat utility, therefore we should make superiority dice recover every round, advantage on str and dex, etc."
>>
>>52330886
potions have always been the medium for a magical effect that isn't directly linked to the total quantity of fluid (ie. an enlarged/reduced potion has normal effects), only the proportion
>>
>>52336806
Nope. Even a paper thin wall can block AoE if it provide total cover.
>>
>>52336920
Ah cool. Even if it is destroyed in the process?
>>
>>52336806
RAW, no.
Non retarded playing: maybe. I'd let any surplus damage to a section bleed through to things behind that section. Repeat the process for each section of wall, and each wall.
>>
>>52336936
Not him but I'd rule it as resistance to the damage for everything behind whatever was broken.
>>
>>52336851
Actually I'm saying superiority dice recover every round because fighter combat is boring as fuck, and then adding out of combat utility to make them fun and effective in all game modes!
>>
Would it be considered rude asking the DM if I can make my own god for worship as a Cleric or my own country of origin? He said we're using a generic setting with pretty much every race and he's kinda going to figure out more details latter. Just not sure if doing something like that's going to annoy people and this is my first game in a long time.
>>
>>52336573
>Crawford gets torn to shreds twice in a row
AND HE PUT IT UP FOR EVERYONE TO SEE
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>52337080
>If I can make my own God?
Sure, that's not too strange.
>Or my own country of origin?
That's gonna be a bit harder. Consult with your DM on the makeup of the nation. If it's good, then he'll probably like it, since he's apparently filling it in right now, but check with him. It's not rude to try it, but ask if there is a country like it within his setting yet.
>>
4 booming blades per turn as a sorcerer viable? I think GFB is not possible due having more than 1 target
>>
>>52337080
I don't think that would be rude at all.
>>
>>52337076
Fighters shouldn't be fun to play.
>>
>>52336573
Jesus. At the very least say that he's immune to getting hurt by the boulder but still get stuck underneath.
>>
>>52337125
Three max.

Action: twinned booming blade.
Bonus action: quickened booming blade.

You can't apply more than one metamagic to a spell except for Empowered.
>>
>>52337076
Yeah I hate this "fighters should be better than everyone else" meme.
>>
>>52337152
Twin costs no action, why can't you twin your quickened one?
>>
>>52337180
>You can't apply more than one metamagic to a spell except for Empowered.
>>
I suck at homebrew so I am hoping you guys can help. The monk in my game has found a master to teach him and I want to grant him a benefit for undergoing the training.

One of the master's lesson was to snatch a fly from the air but whenever the player tries it he crushes it. The point of the lesson is to be able to quickly grab the fly without killing it, therefore teaching a greater level of control. What can I give the player to represent this training that's not to broken? I was thinking about giving him advantage on attack rolls to knock targets out rather than killing them outright.
>>
>>52337180
Read
>You can't apply more than one metamagic to a spell except for Empowered
>>
>>52337124
>>52337127
Alright sweet. Plan was for a country that is mostly rain forest and swamp with lots of travel that goes through the underdark. Cities being overgrown metropolises with lots of underground tunnels and built into caverns.

I liked the idea and wanted to make Nature Cleric of a plant and fungus god. I know they're not strong but I like the flavor.
>>
>>52337202
Completely passed over me, thanks
>>
>>52337134
Mearls, please submit your resignation, you clearly aren't motivated anymore going by that last UA.
>>
>>52331256

The Warlock can end up a solid debuffer assuming you get a hold of a Pact Keeper Rod to push your save DC up. Get solid spells that scale well and you can SoL all the things
>>
>>52336053
Tell me about it. Fuck that noise.
>>
What's the usual fix on Trickery Cleric?
>>
>>52337314
It needs no fix, its already a top notch choice.
>>
>>52337314
Martial Weapon proficiency if they whine about having to use a Light Crossbow and noticing how good their spell list is.
>>
>>52337314
Same fix for all clerics: you can regain uses of your channel divinity by spending 10 minutes praying.

Also you can use your channel divinity on yourself.
>>
>>52337331
>>52337314
The only problem is that Bard is better at its role. But Bard is better than almost everyone anyway.
>>
>>52337346
Is that really needed? I mean they have 2 per short rest at level 6 and you only need it like once per combat depending on your archetype.
>>
>>52337365
>The only problem is that Bard is better at its role.

Way too vague of a complaint. Why should a cleric be able to be a cleric + better bard than a bard? The point is to compare it to OTHER domain choices, and it compares quite favorably.
>>
So what's the best spell for a Tempest Cleric's Channel Divinity? It seems like choosing the right spell could fuck people up.
>>
>>52333734
What the dinglebat is Vitality?
>>
>>52337467

General alternative for Death's Door rules from UA so you don't automatically die at 0 hp if rats chew on you.
>>
>>52337203
Maybe give them the Martial Adept feat, and two manoeuvres related to the teaching?
>>
There is likely to be a Saturday game starting next week, same page, for people who can't play on Sunday.

>>52333734
>>
>>52337507
Which UA is that?
>>
New thread >>52337544
>>
>>52337438
You want to be a sneaky agile trickster dude who can heal? Bard is better at that shit.

People praise about how good the domain spell is? Bard already got most of that in their list.
>>
>>52337545
Listed under UA: Variant Rules.
>>
>>52337452
Call Lightning/Destructive Wave is your best choice if you're pure Tempest Cleric, Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning is probably better if you're Sorc/Wiz with a Tempest dip. Lightning, like basically all the non-fire elemental spells is pretty under represented.
>>
>>52335717
Well, no shit, that doesn't apply to you. People like you are cool, but you're probably a minority.
How often do you hear people jizzing their pants over the theme of a Paladin wielding a polearm, instead of the crunch?
>>
>>52336573
>nonmagical attacks
Are we so sure? The statblock says damage from nonmagical weapons, not weapon attacks. I'm pretty sure I can walk up and punch a Werewolf in the face.

What is up with this retarded immunity anyway?
>>
>>52336521
>otherwise you could do retarded shit like stabbing them with a fork and saying it bypasses the resistance because it's not a weapon.
That would be an attack with an improvised weapon, which is a nonmagical weapon attack.
>>
>>52337140
He never said it's immune to getting hit by the boulder though. A boulder falling on someone isn't falling damage, it's weapon attack from nature. Falling damage is a creature falling and landing.
>>
>>52337314
Just little things like potent spellcasting instead of divine strike usually.
>>
>>52331718
You just hit him with swords until his HP hits zero.

Then you have to stake/kill him while he is regenerating in his coffin, but you only have an hour to get to it after killing him or he is back to full. Although any savvy vampire would have his Elf-Butler and a small army defending his coffin the moment his mist rolls in.

Alternatively, trapping him in a magic circle or surrounding his coffin in one prevents him from reaching it, killing him.

You can also kill him by slaying him in either running water or direct sunlight, as these prevent him from going mist-form and destroy him, also killing him more than 2-5 miles from his castle kills him, as he can only drift 20ft towards the castle in mist form with no dashing, any further away and he doesn't make it in one hour he fades away. You can also follow it with a warlock blasting Eldrich blast, you can't really kill it unless you hit 150 damage in one single source, but pulling it 20ft means he eventually dies, pulling it 20ft halves his roaming distance until he dies, just need to keep dragging him back.

Amusingly, you can also just grapple his mist and boom, can't go anywhere because the mist can't escape the grapple.
>>
>>52336264
Yeah but at that point then you gotta give the enemies a reason for having legendary saves. It's easier just to throw it back at them and treat it like a gentleman's contract that hurts whomever breaks it first.
>>
>>52334798
>humans are not!spain in the setting
>all half are born of rape
>and either half might be the rapist
>>
>>52332803
They're not immune to curses, though. You could ask your DM if the disease can be magically placed upon him by a curse.

Otherwise, may I suggest playing the Zealot from the barbarian unearthed arcana, and wearing medium armor? I think it would make for an excellent divinely inspired character.
Thread posts: 404
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.