[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 44

File: file.png (5MB, 1349x2048px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
5MB, 1349x2048px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to AREANet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer

Take chances.
Get messy.
Make mistakes.
And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon.

>Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
>Chummer 5: http://get.chummer.net
>Issue tracker: http://issues.chummer.net
>Last thread: >>52162244
>>
File: 1458528654671.jpg (283KB, 900x580px) Image search: [Google]
1458528654671.jpg
283KB, 900x580px
Has your runner team ever come face to face with a famous actor, musician, or otherwise celebrity?

How did it go? There was most likely a job involved, so was it anything more than protection?
>>
File: phoenix-sweating(a).gif (56KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
phoenix-sweating(a).gif
56KB, 256x192px
>>52202862
Well, in our setting we had a runner that ended up retiring and becoming a huge success over in the CAS. She came back at one point five years later to help out on one more job as a personal favor to my character, since he was the one that helped give her money to jump-start her career back in the day.

It went terrible. She got shot to dying, our mage got geeked and we had to flee the country to avoid the wrath of Shiawase after we accidentally broke the merchandise we were supposed to deliver to them. But she at least lived.

We're not good at this at all.
>>
Alright, why is there nothing like a fucking tactical vest/bandolier? How the hell do runners carry their spare fucking clips?
>>
>>52203375
Probably by adding Gear Access to their armor of choice. Maybe adding it to a cloak instead.
>>
>>52203375
Just fluff it on to your armor jacket faggot.
>>
>>52203375
Globetrotter Clothing, cunt. Enjoy.
>>
>>52202862
My players rescued a Yankees utility player in after a go-gang from Yonkers kidnapped him.

They got season tickets on the house, plus a decent payday.
>>
File: FuturePoliceTrollViolence.png (699KB, 852x643px) Image search: [Google]
FuturePoliceTrollViolence.png
699KB, 852x643px
>>52202862
Yeah, multiple times.

Once it was another runner team led by an up-and-coming rapper if I recall correctly. We killed his whole team. He wasn't very happy with that.

Another time... I'm blanking on what the job was entirely, but we had to sabotage this one musician for some of it, so we knocked him out, and our face disguised himself as the musician, and took his place in the show. Our face then composed an incredibly offensive rap (IRL composed it even) against orks and trolls, and I as the decker replaced whatever was supposed to be on the display screen with footage of police on troll/ork brutality.
That was a... fun time. Really riled up the elves at the show, since the guy we replace was an elf and it was a mainly elf venue. Also horrifically offended his ork friend, another musician, in the crowd coming to make up with him for some sort of falling out. And then we set the ork friend on fire with the on-stage pyrotechnics. All in all it was a bad day for him.
>>
How much is 4th edition's "Sixth World Almanac" viable for 5e? If not then what else should I get to learn about the setting?
>>
>>52204059
up to 2072. but shadowrun 5e is at 2077 thanks to rigger 5.0.

>who the fuck knows?
>>
>>52204059
To be honest, it's still mildly up to date. I don't believe there was anything massive other than something with CFD in Manhattan.

The book is still, 100% definitely good for giving you some background information.
>>
How do you name runners?
>>
>>52204264
I either get nicknamed during the campaign, or find a synonym for the thing my character does well.

For example, I played an extremely tactical operator who used copious amounts of chemical weapons (so much so he stockpiled over 200 canisters of Seven-7,) that I was nicknamed Dust. No I don't know how that makes sense, but it was still cool, I guess.
>>
File: fiber-optic-light.jpg (102KB, 800x712px) Image search: [Google]
fiber-optic-light.jpg
102KB, 800x712px
>>52204264
If you're really blanking for a runner handle, this can kickstart some ideas. http://shadowrun.itemcards.com/runners Not always super original, but if you find something that fits...

Also, unrelated, but the cyberware fiberoptic hair, how do you all picture that? Like those little wiggly light up toy things with hairs (pictured), or do you think the tech would get cooler?

Also also, is there something you can use that's less conspicuous for changing hair color/style/type or are we still sticking with good old fashion wigs for that?
>>
>>52204290
>No I don't know how that makes sense
Seriously Chummer? That's pretty obvious
Chemicals often come in form of powder, so Dust
You are a tactical operator, so they only find Dust
And with all that Seven-7 some day that city block is gonna bite the Dust

>>52204264
Think of what makes your runner. His looks, his personality, his gear, his mannerisms
Got it in your head? Good

Now try to insult them based on that
>>
File: 1362285485068.jpg (41KB, 451x272px) Image search: [Google]
1362285485068.jpg
41KB, 451x272px
>>52204264
what they're good at, or what they're shit at to be ironic. Name a Ork or Troll twinkletoes, for example.

>>52204372
frankly the only way I'd ever want to do alternative hair is to install cyberware to make all your hairs into monofilament wires. Now that would be a fucking sweet as hell battle plan.
>>
Wired Reflexes?

or

Move by wire?

or

Synaptic Boosters?

or

Something completely different
>>
>>52204453
Used wired reflexes 3
>>
File: 91SRn5lpsaL._SX355_.jpg (50KB, 355x306px) Image search: [Google]
91SRn5lpsaL._SX355_.jpg
50KB, 355x306px
>>52204453
Drugs. Loads and loads of Drugs

Or good old sticker alchemy buffing.
>>
>>52204469
The only true answer.
>>
>>52204264
Something in their past that refering to a success, a fuck-up or a big moment.
A description to personality or appearance.

For instance, a monowhipping self-centered cat shaman I had was named razor cat.
My current one is a shadowrunner who badly want to be a cop and is called Maverick.
>>
>>52204264
It depends on the runner. They could be named after something specific that happened, a specific thing they were associated with, or it could be ironic. It could also just be something "fitting" that sticks well enough.

My most recent character was a sewer dwelling SURGE mutant with traits of both alligators and catfish. He was just called Scum by most people.
>>
>>52204453
Synaptic Boosters if you can afford it, drugs if you can't.
Wired Reflexes/Move by wire are way too fucking essence expensive to be worth.
>>
>>52204877
The only good use i've seen for cyber-based initiative boosting was an adrenaline junkie of a getaway driver that combined move-by-wire 3 with one of those double-bandolier autoinjectors loaded full of Accelerator. Unless you absolutely must have maximum initiative at any cost, cyber just isn't worth the ess cost in comparison to bioware options.
>>
>>52204264
If you name your runner yourself then you deserve to be assraped by Harlequin.

Your street name should come naturally, given to you in game.
>>
>>52204959
What name do you get for arseraping Harlequin?
>>
https://u.nya.is/ptxqgn.zip

I need some weirdy-beardy adept types to try and break this. It's a new version of Chummer that's got *hopefully* better implemented adept powers and such. Main change is alterations to the power control to look a bit better, displaying activation costs and better implementation of bonuses from sources like qi foci and mentor spirits. I think I've fixed the major issues already, but there's quite likely something I've missed.
>>
How do I play a competent AR-based decker at chargen? Don't want to be in the van all day.
>>
Any tips regarding gunslingers or shooty people in general?
>>
>>52205373
What's actually been changed, aside from the layout? Things like Attribute Boost don't currently appear to be showing activation costs, unless I'm missing something.
>>
>>52205388
Get augments to boost agility, intuition, logic and initiative, and boost initiative and mental stats with drugs. You're better off buying a cheapish deck and modding it to hell with Data Trails than buying a shiny one right off the bat. Hell, if you need to go bargain bin get a Transys Avalon/Evotech Himitsu and shove an attack dongle into it, it'll do until you get an actual deck in-game if you haven't got enough scratch for one at char creation.
>>
>>52205373
Alright, got a bug.

If you take a rank in Improved Ability: Skill, it doesn't matter the skill in this case. But the max cap on how high the rating can be on the power is determined at the time of taking it.

So, if you take it when you have zero ranks, you can only get 1 rank in the power, even if you immediately raise the skill itself up to R6, you still can't edit the actual power rating.

However, once moved to Career mode, this no longer appears to apply. Granted, Career ALSO removes any restriction whatsoever on how high it can go, despite being intended to be capped at 1/2 your actual rating.
>>
>>52205460
Getting creative with your devices is good for your bank, too. If you can get a commlink with excellent firewalls, you can slave your deck to it and that's one more stat on your array you can gut and reallocate into other stats.
>>
>>52205422
Get a way to boost initiative, even if it's just developing a jazz habit. Enough for 2 passes is good, getting to 3 reliably is often prohibitive.
>>
>>52205422
Find a way to hit 21 or higher for initiative, get agile defender or whatever the AGI full defense quality is, pump your RC to 5 and use long bursts.

And don't forget, edge is never a dump stat.
>>
Is there a way to make the matrix and decking parts of the game move along quicker? We just started playing, and it currently feels like decking and hacking is the majority of the planning phase, while everyone else just seems to twiddle their thumbs waiting for results.
>>
>>52206092
What action is it to jazz up in combat? Complex?
>>
>>52206213
I am honestly not sure, but I figure pumping an inhaler would be relatively simple.
>>
>>52205449
Not all of the powers have their activation costs added, that part's just a proof of concept.
>>52205475
Well that's interesting. The binding is clearly working as it's part of the same segment of code that applies the maximum for total magic, but the skill code seems to make it fail out early. Odd. Good catch, I'll look into it.

As far as what's changed, technically pretty much everything. There's not a lot of code that was left untouched; the major changes are the alterations between how the properties for powers get calculated; previously, a power would just have a Rating. That Rating would be compiled from FreeLevels and the BaseRating, but since it wasn't stored safely, weird things would happen. Specifically, mentors and qi foci broke things quite excessively. My major worry is supporting existing characters; I'm not entirely sure that all existing powers and foci will be translated properly; they MIGHT work if you use Reapply Improvements and all the characters I've tested so far have worked more or less properly, but I still don't trust it.

Oh, there's also currently a bug where the label for PP shows up as the PREVIOUS value; I haven't sorted that out yet.
>>
Is there anything else I should take for a junkie? Currently have narco, nephritic screen rating 6 and drug tolerant.
>>
>>52206523
Get pharma grade drugs
and before you ask: No, they aren't implemented in chummer5 yet
>>
File: street sammy girl.jpg (370KB, 1280x1321px) Image search: [Google]
street sammy girl.jpg
370KB, 1280x1321px
>>52205388
I built a decker without a deck. he was the first Johnson. His deck was stolen and he hires the group to help him get it back.
he was quite skilled with a pistol.
Seven Samurai quote ; "We have no money to hire samurai!" "Find some hungry Samurai."
>>
>>52204264
Rip off something incredibly famous and specific and then claim never to have heard of it when called out.

>What's a 'Metal Gear?' I'm telling you, 'Revolver Ocelot' is a completely original name.
>>
>>52204877
Since Wired Reflexes and Move By Wire both work with drugs you can afford lower rating versions, at better grades, while maintaining your 'competitive edge' at a far cheaper price than the Synaptic Boosters.

As for the essence cost, unless you're a social build, magic, or going for full body prosthesis it's not really an issue.
>>
>>52206213
Complex Cha+Performance [Social] vs Cha+Will. You're probably taking a hefty penalty to your pool, but if allowed you're still getting +1 initiative per 2 hits.

And sometimes style and being able to break out Flamenco Sketches is worth the extra effort.

Now, the drug is most common found in a single shot inhaler, so probably just a simple action if you got a good popper. If you didn't it may be a complex action to shake up and then inhale. But that works to about the same as if you had to retrieve the good popper and then use it (depending on how you had it stored).
>>
Can you turn ally spirits into great forms? The ritual applies to every form of bound spirit, doesn't it?
>>
>>52204404
>make all your hairs into monofilament wires

>And in other news, a man walking down the street sneezed and shredded his head and shoulders. Police have determined the cause to be suicide, because nobody with the slightest hint of self preservation would have done that. Trideo at 11.
>>
Why is the Aztlan flag spattered with salsa

Why
>>
File: CAS Flag.jpg (100KB, 1500x900px) Image search: [Google]
CAS Flag.jpg
100KB, 1500x900px
>>52208117
Lunch accident just prior to the flag unveiling ceremony, and the washing machine was broken.

Better question: What asshole designs a flag with a gradient?
>>
>>52208144
Shadowrun flags are almost/entirely garbage, it's awful.
>>
How would you stat a 6th world equivalent to the vintorez?

Basically, shorter range sniper rifle, integral silencer, 10-20 round magazines, hits about as hard as a smaller caliber rifle but the ammo has AP out of the ass to compensate

I was thinking of going for reusing AK-97 stats with Single shot and technically burst, +AP and a smaller mag with a very illegal availability tag, under the longarms skill.
>>
>>52208275
Everything you just posted is really, really wrong.
>>
>>52208305
>Everything you just posted is really, really wrong.
Huh?
>>
File: Hooding street sam.png (357KB, 800x315px) Image search: [Google]
Hooding street sam.png
357KB, 800x315px
If there's a more fun thing than playing the team's sole moral compass and sacrificing yourself for the team or the greater good in the dark 6th world, I don't know what it is.
>>
>>52208117
Because the azzies have the subtlety of a dead vole
>>52208144
neo-confederates, it would seem.
>>
Is it worth taking cybertechnology if I plan to take cyberlimbs? Or should I just leave that sort of stuff to my street doc?
>>
>>52209067
Leave it to your street doc.
>>
File: Cyberleg Aimee Mullins.jpg (111KB, 920x765px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberleg Aimee Mullins.jpg
111KB, 920x765px
>>52209067
Leave it out. There's no rules for taking damage/repairing cyberlimbs so it's almost certainly not going to come up at all, and odds are good you won't have the LOG to use it anyways
>>
>>52208275
Sniper Rifle, uses Assault Rifle concealability and ranges

Only fires APDS Rounds (calculated into Damage Code)
9p, -8 AP, 15(c), SA, 16F, 15k Nuyen
Integrated Suppressor and Smartgun

>>52209067
I'll take it for flavor and for substituting knowledge skills, but it's worthless mechanically.
>>
>>52203375
There isn't really rules for keeping gear on your person short of "the GM gets to decide if you are being a fuckbag about it". Gear Access and Holsters give you explicit rules about hiding and quick-drawing your gear but that's about it. The GM is gonna assume you have pockets for most things.
>>
File: NoSalsa.jpg (54KB, 579x425px) Image search: [Google]
NoSalsa.jpg
54KB, 579x425px
>>52208223
It looks okay without the salsa
>>
>>52206199
Either make non-combat decking a breeze/handwave half the rolls as "you're competent enough to do it" or give your players incentives to use non-decking as part of their planning phase. Give your players ranks in Computer for them to do some of the data searching them-damn-selves, you shouldn't need a hacker to do a google search for you. Give the building a Spider while in planning phases so the Decker will tell the team "Yeah hacking that is gonna get me killed" and then have them find a matrix advertisement for a third shift spider being needed for the building so they can stake it out and then during the run not get the decker killed participating. Say that their matrix security is either nonexistant or top-notch and encourage astral scouting or physical scouting. Say that there's paydata in a closed host in the basement that they have to physically get the decker to.

Decking runs best when it's working in tandem in the midst of the turn order. Having your party storm a bank, one initiative phase at a time, while your decker disables their guns and the mage shoots spells is SR as it was meant to be. The decker will have a lower lethality rate since he's not soloing the building/spider/etc, and your party won't be sitting on heir ass waiting for him to finish so they can have fun. So force the whole party to help the decker do recon - those cameras on the building every faggot wants you to hack for him are on a closed system, you'll need to get the decker inside so he can hack them and then keep people away-busy while he does.
>>
>>52209464
Not really, although it could be redeemed.
Remove the complex symbol inside the octagon, the red outline around the octagon, and change the curved line between the green and grey to a straight line going from the lower left to upper right corner, and then you might have a nice flag.
>>
>>52209515
>Remove the complex symbol inside the octagon
Do you hate the IRL Bandera Mexicana too?
>>
>>52209067
I took it but my streetsam has 7 logic so I've actually got a use for it. Take 1 point for flavor so you can say that you perform daily maintenance on them and stuff, otherwise not really useful.
>>
>>52209543
I actually hate it even more than the azzie flag, as the IRL mexico flag is hard to differentiate from the italian flag at a distance, which defeats the entire point of a flag.
Seriously, if the only way you can differentiate your flag from that of another nation is by slapping an eagle on, you need to redesign your flag.
>>
>>52209546
....Why does you sammy have 7 LOG?
>>
File: 1438823331487.jpg (619KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1438823331487.jpg
619KB, 1920x1120px
>>52209594
Because her main role is breaching and that required Demolitions.

So I figured I'd make an ex-EOD street sam.
>>
>>52209577
I was kind of intending to sass you there but you doubled down on it.
I might not agree with you but I have to respect your strongly-held opinions about Flag Design.
>>
>>52209594
so the decker can't make fun of him for being slow, why else?
>>
One of my players was telling me that the supplements for 5th are super hit or miss. How true/untrue is this and which ones are the superior ones that I should pick up? I'm GMing if that matters.
>>
>>52209651
>How true/untrue is this
Complete lies It's more miss than hit
>>
>>52209651
Pick up the ones for each "class" ideally. Rigger 5, Chrome Flesh, etc.
>>
>>52209651
Let's just say that there are reasons /srg/ promotes the piracy of Shadowrun materials (and not just because of Bathroomgate).
>>
Are there any 'Warlocks' in Shadowrun, in the sense of an awakened character who bargained with some external power for their magic, or for more powerful magic?

The Black Magic tradition in Street Magic mentions they 'are prone to striking spirit pacts with greater spirits and dark patrons', but doesn't really say what those entities they're making pacts with ARE.
>>
>>52210104
Spirits, you mong.
>>
>>52210104
Aspected Summoner
>>
>>52210104
Yes. Read street grimoire, spirit pacts.
>>
From the last thread their is noise reduction clothing ( I guess up to rating 6) but you have to be facing the object in question.
>>52204146
bloody business pushes it to 2078
>for because
and does each team member need to buy a PI tac? And is the device boost to firewall for rating 2/3 the commlink/deck/rcc device rating or the pitacs rating?
>>
File: 1395723491898.jpg (89KB, 412x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1395723491898.jpg
89KB, 412x1020px
I'm an autist about my dice and my DM is going to have us all try shadowrun soon.
I've started looking into the stats a bit to make my char and it looks like I'm going to need a few need sixes. The store is kinda far though, so I wanted to ask how many is enough to be sure.

Also I've only skimmed over them since I don't plan on making a decker but an adept instead, but the matrix rules look like they could get heavily time consuming FAST. Should I ask my dm about this?

I'll also take any general adept advice you feel is good for rookies.

Polite picture bump.
>>
>>52211066
Depends on your group and game edition. Generally, I'd say Dice pools above 20 are EXTREMELY rare, though, so maybe consider seeing if you can scrape up that amount.
>>
>>52211066
>but the matrix rules look like they could get heavily time consuming FAST
I don't know if it gets better over time or depending on what your doing, because we only just started playing, but it does feel like decking takes up a bunch of time compared to anything else
>>
>>52211143
Just get one of those 36d6 sets Chessex do and you're set.
>>
>>52211066
In all seriousness, you're going to want a diceroller app rather than actual d6s unless you really want physical dice.

If you get actual dice, get like 30+, just to be safe.
>>
File: bee0cff119007ec630079ba36b9076fd.jpg (113KB, 900x1418px) Image search: [Google]
bee0cff119007ec630079ba36b9076fd.jpg
113KB, 900x1418px
>>52211066
The biggest roll you'll probably run into is soak, so have at least your Armor+BOD or your Best-Skill+Attribute give or take a few dice.
>>
>>52211163
It does get easier when both sides (player and GM) understand rules and general difficulties, and the decker has a couple of developed strategies to slap down marks and use them instead of fucking around in cyberspace, marking this thing or that one 'just in case' and not sure how to get from Points A to B.
>>
>>52209738
>>52209842
Thats unfortunate. How bad do they get?
>>
>>52211761
Most of them are written in character. It's a mess.
>>
>>52211795
Bleh. Is the only issue how they write it or do the actual mechanics/ setting shit they add suck ass too?
>>
>>52211831
Well, the good books have good stuff in them. Run & Gun, Run Faster, Chrome Flesh, and Street Grimoire do have some good stuff in them.
I don't really read the fluff, it's abysmal.
>>
>>52211831
All the rules and shit are scattered around too, it's maddening to try and find anything sometimes.
>>
>>52211892
>>52211895
Figures. How is the older edition stuff? I'm thinking primarily for setting purposes (since I don't really have the time or will to translate anything mechanical to 5th)
>>
File: 1370494412316.jpg (92KB, 390x479px) Image search: [Google]
1370494412316.jpg
92KB, 390x479px
>>52211831
They focus too much on fluff that is rendered uncertain and blurry by unreliable mary-sue narrators (read: self-inserts of the writing staff that get paid not in money, but in permissions to self-fellate themselves in published material) and the editing is utter garbage. If not for wikis and chummer the average person wouldn't be able to find half the things they needed without spending thirty minutes scanning the Table of Contents and back page Index.Furthermore spelling errors, mathematical inconsistencies, and gear statting that makes absolutely NO fucking sense in-universe is the them of practically every sourcebook to be published by CGL.

>>52211986
The older editions didn't have as big of a problem with this, however it was easy for players and GMs alike to drown in fluff. But fluff was (for the most part) organized neatly and didn't require new errata every month. And the rules were a bit more complex and bloated in certain aspects (and not necessarily for the better). That being said, I've been playing SR since second edition and I still prefer 4th and 5th over the older stuff.
>>
>>52211986
Check the Sixth World Almanac(4e) for general details on the setting's timeline and places. If you want detailed information on specific countries check the Shadows of ... (3e) books. For information of criminal syndicates check Vice (4e). Check Attitude (4e) for information about culture, music and reasons for shadowrunning

Everything else depends on what you want to know
>>
>>52212085
>mathematical inconsistencies
What are you referring to? Ain't doubting you, I just haven't noticed anything funky
>>
>>52212085
>>52212140
Good to know. Thanks
>>
>>52212159
Best example: Speeds of vehicles
The guy in charge used simple numbers for the speeds, but afterwards they added kph numbers to them without asking him
which means that with the fastest car, and a spirit with movement power you could have a vehicle that moved at ~12000c
that's right, approximately 12000 times the speed of light in a vacuum
this is also a good example for this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/1napj6/everyone_is_dead_san_francisco_is_a_radioactive/
>>
>>52212159
Perhaps "mechanics fuckery" would have been better to use. Some of the worst offenders are the Availability system as a whole with fairly innocent or ubiquitous items being illegal just because, or the infamous speed-of-light bike which has been mentioned in /srg/ more than a few times because of how fucking stupid it is.
>>
>>52212248
just to clarify, the "speed of light" bike is in the link >>52212232 here
>>
>>52212232
>>52212248
Oh god, riggers just can't have nice things, can they?
>>
>>52212303
It's not just limited to riggers. Mostly it's the mundanes that get shafted (For the price of a good deck you could settle down easily) while awakened don't get shafted as much (just take a look at object resistance and background counts in 4e, compare it to them in 5e and you'll see how it got easier for them)
>>
>>52212372
>Mostly it's the mundanes that get shafted

I swear to god if we get another book for magicians I will kill a man.
>>
>>52212413
didn't you hear? There's supposed to be a new book coming with blood magic metamagics and shit
also one about orks and trolls
>>
>>52212413
What, you don't think we need more ways for magicians to do mundane shit?
>>
>>52212413
I've got bad news for you, chummer.
>>
File: 1413954136548.jpg (234KB, 2788x1788px) Image search: [Google]
1413954136548.jpg
234KB, 2788x1788px
>>52212453
>>52212461
>>52212472

>There's supposed to be a new book coming with blood magic metamagics and shit
>>
>>52212413
>mfw am a humble adept that likes having a shit ton of power point options since I love being autistic and kung-fu new techinques up
>mfw even I'm starting to think it's overkill

Techno book when? Unless they reprint the 4e Mind over Matter Adept Power so I can play Toki from FOTNS, I got all the wizardy punching I need.
>>
Would you chummers let a guy run an Agent off a Commlink with a hardwired Program Carrier module?
Of course you'd pay for the Agent separately.
>>52212662
Feels like never, but it's supposed to come out this year. Amy pls
>>
>>52202862
I gave my players a job to kill an Orc rapper that was near the height of his career. They had to make it look like a gang-related shooting. Job was from his label. He'd been planning on quitting after his next album, focusing on starting a clothing line and a small indie label of his own. They wanted to Tupac him.

The players did a drive by on him, but he was only wounded. They went to finish the job in a hospital, but he ended up countering the offer they'd been given. They let him live, he made a few more albums, they got to be friends with Orc Fiddy Cent, they got paid. They got a follow-up gig from Fiddy a few in-game years later.
>>
>>52207954
Thank you, I needed that
>>
>>52205366
>What name do you get for arseraping Harlequin?

Liar
>>
Is it at all viable to play a 1 edge character?
>>
>>52214541
Well its the least edgy option.
>>
>>52214541
Of course, but ironically it takes the most luck since you aren't getting those sweet re-rolls.
>>
Is going heavy pistols viable for a street sam or do you need to rely on heavier weapons that at least have an FA mode?
>>
>>52214829
You want something with more bite at least, Like a barret with DU handloads.
>>
So, I have all the core + expansion rulebooks (rigger, DT, R'n'G etc), and then stuff like Hard Targets, Assassin's Primer, Cutting Aces, Stolen Souls. There all at least one or two juicy things for players in there. Are there any other books like that (the combination lore + some new player stuff) for me to look at?
>>
File: yamaha-raiden-2.jpg (60KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
yamaha-raiden-2.jpg
60KB, 640x960px
>>52214829
Heavy pistol with the right ammunition, a large dice pool, and called shots will get you pretty far, but at a certain level of resistance you're going to wish you had an assault rifle.
>>
>>52215042
At the least, an SMG.
>>
>>52202862

Anarchy Subsidized. Face banged Teiko in a JAV like that incident where an musician voice actress had a sex tape leaked. Dubbed it EZT-069 and leak it on the matrix
>>
File: Temp.jpg (522KB, 640x1146px) Image search: [Google]
Temp.jpg
522KB, 640x1146px
Aztlaners, statistically, will have a bigger dick than anyone from the CAS or UCAS.

Discuss.
>>
Is there somewhere with a list of all the jackpointers and their backstories so I know what all these names are?
>>
>>52215339
Cyberware.
>>
>>52215378
If you got it augmented, is it REALLY your dick, though?

Like the Street Sam's bionic arm, it's not REALLY his strength or speed, it's the augmetic doing everything. It's not really your dick doing the heavy lifting anymore.
>>
>>52215377
It's not all of them, but there's "10 Jackpointers" from 4e
otherwise they are distributed over all the books
>>
>>52215339
With the advent of cybergenitalia and simsense, penis size is no longer a factor. Hell, sex is barely a factor.
>>
>>52215042
>but at a certain level of resistance you're going to wish you had an assault rifle.

If you just want burst fire and high damage, go for longarms. If you don't want to spend all the money ever on sniper rifles, then start the game with a modded Enfield AS-7 and upgrade to an Auto-Assault 16 after a few payouts.

The Auto-Assault has a high availability, but raising your offer by just a few extra grand will give your face more than enough dice to make it happen.
>>
>>52215435
Never say I'd be getting rid of the natural one...
>>
>>52215459
>>52215435
>sex is barely a factor
when there are official spells that let a mage force anyone into a state of orgasm just by looking at them and deckers with access to near infinite numbers of simsense recordings, sex barely being a factor is an understatement
>>
Someone please explain to me how in the fuck a Light Pistol or Heavy Pistol than can fire in either semi-auto or burst fire is not a fucking Machine Pistol, of which there are many examples that can fire in either semi-auto or burst fire with the same goddamn accuracy and damage.
>>
File: smug reporter.gif (1MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
smug reporter.gif
1MB, 260x195px
>>52215339
I'm sure we can trust Brazil and Venezuela for accurate reports on genitalia size.
>>
>>52215768
CGL has no clue how guns work. Don't overthink it.
>>
>>52215851
Another option is to play a different game written by people who know what they're talking about.
>>
File: VkmVSWm.jpg (96KB, 1032x720px) Image search: [Google]
VkmVSWm.jpg
96KB, 1032x720px
>>52215997
>play a different game
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 841x1448px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 841x1448px
>>52215768
mechanically, the only real difference between a machine pistol and a light/heavy pistol is the extra modification slots that are available. A fairly large chunk of CGL's weapon design is eyeballing though.
>>
>>52215768
Say it with me, anon.

"What the fucking HELL, CGL?"
>>
Yekka why TF does my Chummer 5.191.27 stop showing notes/calculations when I mouse over them
>>
>>52216659
No idea, give me an example.
>>
>>52216843
Make a note
Mouse over said note
It will display it for a limited amount of time
It will then stop displaying said note
>>
File: glock18_mp_01caar.jpg (21KB, 450x305px) Image search: [Google]
glock18_mp_01caar.jpg
21KB, 450x305px
>>52215768
>semi-auto
Mentioning this along with your question suggests that you don't understand what it means.
You pull the trigger once, one bullet comes out. Pull it again and another ones comes out. It's the opposite of being a machine pistol. Burst fire is blurring the line though, you're correct.
>>
>>52216986
Excuse his shit wording, his anger blinded him from being clearer. He most likely meant "Light and Heavy Pistols that fire in SA/BF"
>>
>>52217049
Pry a fair assessment.
I had an ex-mil (chairforce but still) friend not know the difference though so I wanted to point it out just in case.
>>
>>52202862
We were invited to our Face's birthday party, and a well-known actor (and apparently secret runner) who played the lead role in a series the Mage and Technomancer were enamored with was in attendance.

He ended up insulting everyone and leaving the party, and then the Face managed to manipulate him into financing our training.

He later tried to extort the Technomancer when she was looking for a qualified professional to install a Deltaware arm she had "acquired", and attempted to bleed her dry just for a surgeon recommendation.

tfw your hollywood husbando turns out to be a piece of shit, but at least you get him as a Connection 8/Loyalty 1 Contact
>>
>>52216986
>>52217049
The second guy has the right of it. I was trying to head off someone saying "The difference is Machine Pistols can do Full Auto and Light/Heavy can't" by pointing out that plenty of the Machine Pistols can also only do SA/BF and not FA.

For more fun: Machine Pistols use the Automatics skill, but you may (not must) use the Pistols skill with them if you fire in SA. Naturally, Heavy/Light Pistols always use the Pistols skill regardless of whether you're firing SA or BF, because fuck consistency.
>>
>>52217194
CGL wants Automatics to be the one true path, so they made Machine Pistols to give a concealed carry option.
>>
>>52209842
What's bathroomgate?
>>
File: cam.pdf (68KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
cam.pdf
68KB, 1x1px
Am I missing anything important (besides the knowledge skill reshuffle I did shortly after saving this, and background fluff/alias)?
>>
File: 1489528921556.jpg (274KB, 2000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1489528921556.jpg
274KB, 2000x1334px
This is how I social adept
>>
File: 1463980572543.jpg (1001KB, 1306x900px) Image search: [Google]
1463980572543.jpg
1001KB, 1306x900px
>>52208479
Ah yes, playing the moral compass. Semi-related story time! (Don't worry, it'll be short.)

I once played a lawyer/decker, you know, pretty much in the grey moral area. And here I was, thinking we'd be playing pretty black trenchcoat, kinda subtle intrigue.

But through a series of escalating events we ended up in a high speed chase across national borders blasting through police lines with exploding drones and a huge drone army holding off trailing corporate forces with my decker in the back of the van questioning all her life choices and looking at the trail of collateral damage and general destruction left in the party's wake.

She ended up at odds with some of the other party members for generally discouraging unnecessary murder and collateral damage. She took a break after that last run to reevaluate the decisions leading here.

(To clarify, it was a wonderful game, it was just my character suffering.)
>>
>>52217435
1. You don't really need Rating 3 Close Combat, you aren't going to be doing jack shit with 3 STR and a pool of 8 with any melee attacks.
2. If you're planning on being the Face, Negotiation is important.
3. You have a specialization in Automatics without any ranks in Automatics.
4. Hardware and Software aren't important for a non-decker.
5. The shooting qualities aren't mechanically very useful for your character.
6. Sleeping Tiger as a Human is asking to get your ass beat by Orks and Trolls.
7. Capsule Rounds are not a complete replacement for real bullets, because Immediate toxins take until the end of the Combat Turn to kick in, which means the guy has a chance to shoot you in your face before they get knocked out.
8. Take Forearm Guards
9. You'll want a Heavy Pistol so you can hit things harder, 6p isn't shit.
10. You need Driver's Licenses
>>
>>52217608
1. Fair enough. Not sure which group to shuffle off onto.
2. Secondary Face.
3. Would've sworn that got cleared. I'll go back and hit it.
4. Lock cracking, Hardware is important. Got bundled under the group.
5. Dropped Strive for Perfection, replaced with First Impression. Keeping Sharpshooter and Ambidextrous, since... well, called-shots pistols were kind of what I was aiming for here in general. I know dual wielding is bad, but I'd still like to go for it.
6. My GM doesn't know that and I'm not speaking up on that matter.
7. They are, however, dirt cheap and the very definition of legal. For the moment, I'll take it in a holdout. I'll get a replacement soon.
8. Very obvious. More than I'd like them to be. Unless I can find somewhere to stick them that they're concealed, hiding a ballistic mask somewhere is already pushing it.
9. I considered it, but frankly, we've got three dudes who are bringing guns with 9P-11P each; I'm going to try and make up for it on the called shots front, but if I don't, shit happens. I'm not primary firepower.
10. Good catch.
>>
>>52217402
Ever wondered why CthulhuTech v2 beta referred to a CGL exec by name when talking about larceny/embezzlement skills?
>>
>>52215339
The Czechs have the biggest dicks in Europe? Why am I not surprised.
>>
>>52217435
I don't feel like that character is good enough at combat to warrant spending 2.5 power points on initiative.
>>
Technically, do you actually need a driver's license? Cars aren't restricted and Gridguide drives Mr Wageslave safely to work.
>>
Do we have an ETA as to when we're gonna see Book of the Lost in the MEGA? I just checked, and it wasn't there.
>>
>>52218021
>do you actually need a driver's license?
All but never. Pilot programs and grid guide exist.
>>
>>52218021
Gridlink does the driving for most everybody, but you probably still need an actual license if you ever want to engage the vehicle yourself. And no runner in their right might would let Gridlink take over. Thus you probably want those hands on the wheel and a license linked to your (probably fake) ID.
>>
So if a runner has a legal SIN, how exactly does he get away with using a fake SIN? I mean, as soon as his face gets scanned isn't the system gonna bring up two hits and then the jig is up?
>>
File: Rating 1 Fake SIN.jpg (17KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
Rating 1 Fake SIN.jpg
17KB, 500x368px
>>52218159
He has his PAN broadcast the Fake SIN while having his legit SIN turned off. The Fake SIN, if its a half decent one, will have his face, fake biometrics, and a faker data trail that scanners will pick up. No SIN will survive deep and persistent scrutiny, but it might be enough to get by when you are in public places.
>>
Hey all,

Was rereading TwoDee's Shadowrun Storytime and wondered if anyone was archiving his newer stories.
>>
>>52218076
Sometime between when someone buys it and cracks the DRM and when they decide to upload it, I guess.
>>52218407
>newer stories
hahahaha, oh you poor innocent soul.
>>
Where is the passage that says that mages can buy extra metamagics without having to initiate for them, but that Adepts can't?
>>
>>52218482
Hm? It was an optional rule in 4e, not a thing in 5e as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>52217525
suffering makes the moralfag stronger, omae. You'll show them a thing or two next time
>>
Is there a way to make a bow-using character worthwhile, or is it just too fucked to be practical short of heavy houserules?
>>
>>52219190
It's not really practical, no.
>>
>>52215377
TVTropes actually has a good list going, subcategory of the Shadowrun page.
>>
>>52219190
trolls are about your only way to make them decent, but just decent.
>>
What kind of soak should I be gunning for if I want to be kind of a tough boy? I'm sitting at 26 and still feel like it's a 'dodge or I die' sort of situation.
>>
>>52219190
SnS + Static Shaft arrows, or Incendiary arrows will mostly alleviate the need for strength in damage, but not for distance. There are some bow adept powers, though I don't recall them being particularly good.

>>52219664
Think about what you're expecting to be hit by. Mooks? Spec Ops? Machine pistols? Assault rifles? Sniper rifles? Work out the average attack hits for the enemy type, then add that to the weapon damage, and then multiply that by 3 for your average dice pool.
>>
>>52219664
30+ minimum for a tough guy.
>>
>>52219190
You need to already be a high-str character, so melee monster is the best base. With trick arrows (sns + static shaft, or incendiary for an explosive that can be launched undetectably and hit a target hundreds of meters away) you can do some cool things, but it's pretty much a one-shot-per-fight thing. Honestly you can go bow, snipe, and have a rotodrone with an AK cover you as you charge in for suboptimal mechanics but lots of style.
>>
>>52219587
Wait, hold on, looking at the TVTropes page, it sounds like the author(s) actually LIKE the Jackpointers. Is that really a thing?
>>
>>52219664
Just for reference, average corpsec shoots SMGs at 7 dice. 2ish hits gives you a dodge most of the time, but failing that you're looking at 7P + maybe 1 net hit. 8 * 3 gives you a reference pool of 24. Throw in a few extra dice, and you can comfortably handle a shot from a semi-trained person with a semi-damaging firearm.
However, someone a tad better (9 dice) shooting a full burst (-6 to your dodge pool) from an assault rifle is looking at 9-10DV + 3 net hits. Soaking that takes a minimum of 36 dice, and you'll want closer to 43-45 if you want wiggle room.
Long story short, tanking in Shadowrun just means not dying as quickly as your team. Serious soaking isn't an option unless you build only for that. (Troll + 10 BOD + Full Body Armor + Helmet + R3 Dermal + Titanium Bone Lacing = 33 dice if I did my math right.)
>>
>>52219691
>>52219695
>>52219811
Ok, well, good to know I got a ways to go. Thanks guys.
>>
>>52215339
>Congo, 7.1"
>>
>>52219735
Anyone who is going to take the time to catalogue all of them has to love them.

Or it's Bull. One of the two.
>>
What is the best possible combination of drugs to use for a character, assuming you've rigged up a Vasotech Rapid Infuser to a piece of gear with Attachable Gear Access? I'm talking +4 to everything max init RIP AND TEAR shit.
>>
>tfw I can't stop reading SA as single action
>>
Does Uncanny Healer apply to Regeneration?
>>
>>52220519
It's okay. I still see it as Standard Action sometimes.
>>
>>52211485

I unno.

I got a mundane character who chucks ~47 melee defense. Admittedly, I've also had characters chuck 40+ soak, up to 52, but end-game for the first character (~250 karma) has'em at over 60 melee defense dice.

Just a shame he's not awakened so he can't get the Riposte adept power and just fucking kill anyone who tries attacking him in melee.

Goddamned magicrun.
>>
>>52221121

Doesn't help that they use the term Standard Action in 5e. Lots.
>>
>>52220213

You don't want to use more than 3 drugs, typically, and not even that if one of those drugs is K-10. Personally, I'm fond of Kamikaze+Betameth w/ Narco on a character with Wired Reflexes 1 (or 2), Muscle Toner 2, and Cerebellum Boosters 2.

There's also JC-10 - Jazz, Cereprax, and K-10, because fuck you. Combo with MBW-3 for maximum dumb
>>
>>52220562
No. Uncanny Healer applies to Natural Recovery, which Regeneration is not.
>>
What is the maximum Noise reduction that you can get as a non-decker? I know about VSF, and I know about the datajack/antennae ears bullshit, but they're irrelevant to my case because I'm neither augmented nor do I have a deck.

Specifically, I'm trying to build an infiltration characters, but I'm running into the problem that if you don't have a Sleaze attribute, you basically just cannot run silently ever. You've got such a tiny as fuck pool for hiding that any even remotely competent or equipped Decker is going to spot you damn near immediately.

And yes, I know, you can just have your team's decker have your gear slaved to him, but for practicality's sake, that's not always viable. Interveneing buildings, signal inhibiting wallpaper or paint, or just plain paranoia because the character in question is basically Dale Gribble: Shadowrun Edition.

The best idea that I'm currently aware of
>>
Are there any rules anywhere for EMPs?
>>
>>52221872
Just turn your wireless off? If you need to communicate with your team, use a micro-tranceiver.
>>
>>52221902
Wireless bonuses are important for a pretty good bit of shit, like Chameleon Suits, Smartlink, and other shit.
>>
>>52221872
Fresnel Fabric weaved into your clothing/armor, chummer. You might need to QWOP a bit at times, but it's the best passive noise reduction there is.
>>
How many Dodgin' Dice is too many? Because right now I have 18 passive and 25 if I go Full Defense--which I pretty much always do--and have no plans to cease collecting further Dodgin' Dice.

I am a very big fan of not getting shot.
>>
I don't know if you guys have just never looked at the Matrix rules or something, but I have no idea why on earth you think you can be hidden while not playing a Decker or going completely no-tech and communicating via carrier pidgeons.

Augmented Reality is based on the physical world, the icons of devices more-or-less correspond to their physical location. Not only that, Matrix Protocol means the icon for an X has to coorespond to its function - a smartgun can be a sword, a commlink a carrier pidgeon, but either way, the mess of vaguely weapon-and-gear-like icons and communication that is your PAN means there's somebody in that direction. Let's say you want to communicate with your team mid-run. You've got your commlink on you and it's running silent, because this is intuitively a magic solution to Deckers. Let's read the Matrix Perception rules to discern that silent-running commlink.

Running Silent: Opposed Computer + Intuition [Data Processing] v. Logic + Sleaze test.

Because you're not a Decker, your commlink doesn't have a sleaze rating, because that would be illegal. If you want to (and you should) pay 108K for a R6 Sleaze module, then you do, but otherwise, you're rolling your raw logic against ~11 dice, maybe 13 that I have specced in, ~15 if I'm in VR. Maybe my Agent gets to roll too. I'm rolling double your dicepool at minimum for this and likely triple or quadruple. Sans edge, without a sleaze rating, that commlink may as well be saying "Here I am!"

So it's a 108K entry fee or buying a fucking cyberdeck to be properly hidden and not in the stone age. Because to be hidden from an easy complex action perception test the enemy decker is going to be specialized in requires a sleaze rating, which only stealth tags, sleaze modules, hosts, and decks have. Or, with a moderate INT and a moderate Computer rating, you can now see everything forever and never be snuck up on by somebody not behind a decent deck.

read the damn matrix rules
>>
>>52223002
Or I could get a rating 1 sleaze dongle, throw some noise reduction on, and mod a program carrier cyber module with virtual machine into my commlink, then run Smoke & Mirrors + Stealth programs.

And pay nowhere near 108k¥.
>>
>>52223020
And then Smoke and Mirrors is pointless because you can't get the full 5 Noise reduction, and you're still eating ambient 2 Noise too.
>>
>>52223031
>you can't get the full 5 Noise reduction
Yes, you can.
>>
>>52222955
There is no such thing as "too many", but you should be fine as is unless you get the stupid idea to just stand dancing in front of a full squad all equipped with machineguns.

Do get a bit of armor though, the standard response to a dance master is to grab a flash-bang (or worse).
>>
>>52223037
Go and and post how then.
>>
>You cannot get an antennae for your commlink
>If you want one, you need to become a fucking Looney Tunes alien with feelers via Cyberears
C G L
>>
>>52223020
>You have Smoke and Mirrors eating one program slot
>You have Signal Scrub eating another, -2
>You have a Receiver, total -4
>Fresnel Fabric is out of reach at chargen
>You already used your commlink's mod slot for program module and can't get VSF
>You're not a 'ware character and can't get antennae

>you now have 4 SLZ without taking noise penalties and your likely dumpy logic because you're not a hermetic mage or decker
>Maybe 9 dice
>>
>>52223044
Antennae are up to 3. Datajacks are 1 each (Cyberlogician bundle comes with three standard, but you can take more). Frensel Fabric offers up to it's rating + 1 for wireless. Signal Scrub (replacing Stealth if needed) is 2 more.
>>
>>52223109
>Antennae
>Datajack niggering
And if you aren't an augmented character?
>>
>>52223104
>And this is specifically going out of your way to do this, with a huge investment to be able to not get fucked
>Meanwhile, the Decker spotting you invested roughly fuckall into being able to spot you
>>
>>52221930
None of those bonuses are integral to the role, though. Sure, an extra two dice here or there can be useful, but it's generally better to not be in a position to be seen in the first place, especially since the opposition's decker needs to have a reason to be looking for stuff running silently.

Anyway, noise reduction without augmentation isn't super abundant. There's the fresnel fabric and the receiver dongle, but there are uncertainties relating to whether a commlink can run illegal programs and/or receive cyberdeck dongles, so Smoke-and-Mirrors and the Vectored Signal Filter may be unavailable.
>>52223068
>What is a receiver dongle
>>
>>52223104
>>52223126
>>52223134
Calm your tits, speedy gonzales.

>huge investment
108k¥ is a huge investment. This is just listing all the ways to get NR.

>Meanwhile, the Decker spotting you invested roughly fuckall into being able to spot you
That's great. Now step out of the white room wifi clean zone, where there's more than one device running silent.
>>
>>52223194
Alright, and how many GMs are going to actually allow you to go "Alright, I throw a bag of RFID Stealth Tag confetti into the room, the enemy decker now has to spend the next six years scrubbing them all away"
>>
>>52223221
Mate. Reply to what I said, not whatever bullshit argument you feel like taking a swing at.
>>
>>52223249
You didn't say anything, though.

In order to actually be able to have matrix stealth at all, other than just turning off all devices and thus being unable to communicate and not having access to a lot of very useful information, you need to invest 100k+ Nuyen, plus find a way to reduce your personal Noise by 7.

The only way you can do this is, for some reason, having Antennae in your ears and Datajacks, because SOMEHOW the antennae in your ears magically make your commlink better, and having more fucking USB ports in your skull maaaaaagically makes you have a better signal for things that aren't even fucking connected to them.

Tell me, in a non-whiteroom scenario, what is a decker going to be having to check against to try and find you if you're running silently? If you want to make an argument, go ahead. Tell me how a character that isn't a decker, and isn't slaved to their decker due to whatever circumstance or reasons, actually deals with being spotted via the matrix and thus spotted IRL due to AROs.
>>
>>52223194
>Get one net hit on the vicinity's dumpy sleaze+logic rating things because who TF builds stealth characters with huge logic
>Average of 7 dice, 3 logic say 4 sleaze from the smoke and mirrors gimmic
>I will almost always get a hit, and see there are icons there
Matrix PER relevant paragraphs:
This versatile and important action is used both for
finding icons in the Matrix and for analyzing Matrix
objects. When you use this action to analyze a
Matrix object or scan the vicinity for silent-running
icons, you make a Simple Test and your hits
determine how much info you get.
>Scan the vicinity for silent objects
If you’re looking for an icon that is
running silent (after you’ve determined that it’s present),
the test becomes an Opposed Test, with the target defending
with Logic + Sleaze. Net hits are used just like
you would for spotting distant targets, with the first one
for spotting the target and the rest for analysis.
>Scan the vicinity
>Because I am a dedicated decker I will get one hit and find all these objects
>They are roughly analogous to their functions and roughly equivalent to their physical space
>I see you, forever, unless you are stone age man

Conclusion: Matrix PER is not one icon at a time unless you are specifically looking for one icon at a time.
>>
>>52223304
>You didn't say anything, though.
You didn't think about it. There's a difference.

No matter where you go, there's going to be devices running silent, not all of which will have Ownership set to the corp any given spider represents. This means randomly assigned matrix perception time, even without the bag-o-stealth-tags, which Data Trails ostensibly debunked. (though you still can do something similar with a bunch of 20¥ disposable commlinks)
>>
Hey /srg/ what's your favourite knowledge skill?
>>
>>52223360
>There's going to be devices running silently
Anon, you gonna source that?

Because goddamn every single canon source that I've seen up to now has said that thanks to GOD and whatever cock-and-bull shit that CGL has pulled out of their asses, everything apparently runs fully open, happily blaring it's status away all the time.
>>
>>52223425
Alcohol and Chemistry
>>
>>52223318
>If you’re trying to find an icon that’s running silent (or if you’re running silent and someone’s looking for you), the frst thing you need to do is have some idea that a hidden icon is out there. You can do this with a hit from a Matrix Perception Test; asking if there are icons running
silent in the vicinity (either in the same host or within 100 meters) can be a piece of information you learn with a hit.
>>>>Note that if there are multiple silent running icons in the vicinity, you have to pick randomly which one you’re going to look at through the Opposed Test.

Also, Wrapper.
>While this program is running, your icons can be anything you want them to be when you use the Change Icon action. From the lens of the Matrix, your Hammer program could look like a music fle, your Ares Predator icon could look like a credstick, and your own persona could look like a Mitsubishi Nightsky. Another persona can see what the disguised icon really is with a Matrix Perception Test, but they need to at least suspect enough to check.
Change all your device icons to look like inocuous everyday objects.
>>
>>52223437
Feel free to point to all these canon sources that say no one ever runs anything silent, ever.
>>
>>52223425
Music. Everybody listens to music, right? Whether it's the Corporate Muzak, Elven Classical, Trogg Rock, Electronika Grammatika, doesn't matter.
>>
File: 8be.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
8be.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
So how would everyone do a mage/mystic adept that uses a magical musical instrument as a foci?
>>
>>52224331
Musical instrument is focus, gives bonus. Done.
>>
>>52224331
Chummer, this isn't even hard.
They're just a Mage who has a Saxaphone Focus. Preferably a Centering or Spellcasting Focus so they can play the Saxaphone while shooting off high force Jazz Lightning.
>>
>>52224338
>>52224359
I meant more from a roleplay perspective and was more asking how you would play such a character and what kinda backstory they'd have, sorry for not being clear there. I was thinking, it'd be pretty easy to do well as a mage and a musician what with manipulation and illusion spells doing their work in his everyday job.

I'm currently making such a character and I wasn't sure if I wanted to make a character who was a performer as a day job and then got into shadowrunning with it, or maybe utilize the innocuous nature of "I am a guy with a fucking oboe" to assassinate people or do other such nefarious acts.
>>
>>52223318
>They are roughly analogous to their functions and roughly equivalent to their physical space

This is not true except for some hosts. Matrix Perception will tell you if it's within 100 feet or not. You need two marks to trace icon and get physical location. I've never seen evidence to support the Matrix is roughly the same as meatspace meme.
>>
>>52224331
Tap shoes.
>>52224510
Leroy the Mage wanted to be a performer in musicals but it turns out that broadway is dead in the horrible dystopian cyberfuture. Lacking any job prospects, he turned to a life of crime in which he occasionally uses super-illegal brainwashing spells to create backup dancers.
>>
>>52224510
There are two obvious choices from my perspective:
1. You've risen from the streets. You performed, robbed, and spellcasted your way to true Shadowrunner status. Your instrument was acquired early in your career (gift or stolen). Its likely a key part of your magic, and you use it as part of your illusions and charm.
2. You're an ex or current legitimate performer of Magically enhanced Music. You might be Underground or a world Superstar, but something fucked up your life and being able to charm and illusion your way through situations is a valuable skill in the Shadows.
>>
>>52224638
Well, tapdancing would technically use the same skill as playing music here. I can imagine every battle just turning into a live production of Cats.

>>52224653
Yeah, I was thinking something similar, like a mage that happens to have a day job as a concert violinist, or a homeless busker that has developed a talent for magic over the years.

I have to say though, the idea of a magic-based assassin that utilizes an outward appearance of a completely inoccuous musician to do his work is really appealing right now as well. An accordion-playing wall running mystic adept would be hilarious.
>>
File: HannibalSpeakingtheTruth.jpg (70KB, 640x718px) Image search: [Google]
HannibalSpeakingtheTruth.jpg
70KB, 640x718px
>tfw magic users get all the coolest shit and lore
>mfw I'm just a normie
>mfw a magic user could do most of the stuff I can do but better with a single spell anyway

Kinda sucks when most of the party uses magic and you just feel super outclassed.
>>
>>52224927
Get wared. Get drugs. Hell, do both at once. Nothing is more horrifying than a guy with move by wire 3 huffing jazz.
>>
>>52224965
That solves only one problem. Another issue is that magic users get access to all sorts of cool stuff like mentor spirits, astral perception, spirits and other neat lore mojo. They have a much wider range of cool stuff to choose from than a non-awakened person would.
>>
>>52224987
>mentor spirits
Just a minor bonus to magicking that comes with some minor downsides. (Unless you take Doom, which gives +2 to one combat skill, but Doom is a toxic spirit so it's highly doubtful your GM will let anyone take it.)
>astral perception
Nice for seeing spirits, but otherwise fairly pointless
>spirits
I won't disagree there, the fucking things are overpowered as all hell, especially the ones that can use engulf.
>>
>>52224987
Think of this way.

Any Magic 6 shadowrunner mage has a chance of eventually being blackbagged by a Megacorp and forced to mine orichalcum for the rest of his life.

All he has to do is cast the same spell too often and not clean his astral signature and immediately people can track him across the world.

If he summons too many spirits and asks them to do stupid shit, next time he does so he might either die or get seriously injured when the spirits start edging their resistance to summoning.

Being a mage has a lot of OP shit but I'm damn glad to be a mundane, I don't have to care about all this shit.
>>
>>52225397
>I don't have to care about all this shit.
You do when another mage sics a force 6 fire spirit on you
>>
File: AT-APDS-2 (1).jpg (19KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
AT-APDS-2 (1).jpg
19KB, 400x268px
>>52225707
Hello my name is APDS and today we'll take you on a tour of "Fuck you armor".
>>
>>52224927
>>52224987

Street Samurai can throw fireballs and lightning bolts better than mages can. Want proof? Use the semi-auto grenade launcher and the Ares Thunderstruck. Casually take out hordes of enemies and fucking dragons.
>>
File: Ew.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Ew.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>52225200
>only thinks of the game in terms of mechanics
>does not consider the wide range of roleplay opportunities offered exclusively to mages
>>
>>52225858
It's still worse than magical attacks, which just ignore the armor altogether.
>>52225887
The semi-auto grenade launcher only has like, 10 rounds tho. It's best mounted, cuz then you can attach a 100 round ammo bin and fire 3 grenades a round for the next million years.
>>
>>52225914
You can roleplay going through cyberpsychosis or something if you're a sammy. Mages don't get to do that.
If your gm is only offering interesting RP opportunities to mages, that's an issue with him, not the game.
>>
File: 1442213492781.jpg (601KB, 1500x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1442213492781.jpg
601KB, 1500x1100px
>>52225938
>Worse than magical attack
>Not have to resist drain to fire Full automatic at a manifested spirit.

If the spirit is high force, you'll need a high force spell to affect, APDS ammo will affect it until it's Force grants it so much hardened armor you're better of switching to an RPG.
>>
>>52225952
I agree. It's the DM's job to offer every character a role and make the universe internally consistent. It's the player's job not to be a moron and conflate mechanics with diegetic facts.
>>
>>52225938
It seems like you need to play an anti-magic character.

The best way to do this is to play a guy that uses all of the mundane ways to counter mages, such as chemical weapons, Bullseye Bursts on a Crockett EBR so that you can literally ignore a spirit's hardened armor, paint grenades for those invisible ones, smoke grenades to block line of sight, thermals to shoot them through said smoke, and a healthy dose of Prejudiced (Awakened, Radical)
>>
File: Astral Perception.jpg (78KB, 780x584px) Image search: [Google]
Astral Perception.jpg
78KB, 780x584px
>>52225952
Cyberpsychosis is something mages don't get to go through, true, but the majority of mundane characters aren't going to do it either; it's only for people who get huge extensive 'ware. (you can play a bit with the disconnect associated with smaller essence loss, but that has limits).

Mentor Spirits are huge RP opportunities, with huge differences between them and how they interact with your character (leaving aside how they vary between tradition). Astral Perception literally allows you to look at the world in a different way and gives you plenty of options that way as to what you see.

It's not that the GM is or is not offering RP opportunities to mages; every character, if they are a character, can RP. It's that mages come with a cool suite of things exclusive to them that can command the spotlight.
>>
>>52225952
>mages get better and more powerful essentially forever
>Sammie get better until they go crazy and die
>but you get to roleplay going crazy and dieing so it's pretty even, right?
>>
>>52226064
>smoke grenades to block line of sight, thermals to shoot them through said smoke,
What kind of a shitty mage doesn't get cybereyes with inbuilt thermals?
>>
>>52226215
I thought we were arguing about RP potential, not mechanical power.
>>
>>52224510
I've made a character like that.

Made an ork rockstar mystic adept with a battleaxe/guitar foci. Gave him all the voice related adept powers like commanding voice, enthralling performance, voice control, improved ability non-combat artisan and leadership. Also a couple spells like mob mood, trid entertainment, magic fingers, analyse device.

Turned out to be a pretty nice distraction based face. Can force everyone in a crowd to look at him while his mates sneak up behind them and can throw his battle axe at people's face and make it return "myolnir style" with magic fingers
>>
>>52226218
Ones that don't want to lose a full point of magic for something that they could instead get goggles for?
>>
>>52226066
This is basically the issue I'm getting.
>two people in our team have neat mentor spirits they can chat to and gain advice from at almost any time
>I won't be able to get anything nearly that neat or convenient towards the development of my character
>>
>>52226301
And? You can't cast through goggles
>>
>>52226375
???
>>
>>52226375
This is innacurate.

Mages can't aim through sensors
>>
>>52226308
Sensei hast literally the same cost as Mentor Spirit. And they can actually be directly helpful to you, instead of telling you to fuck off when you need help the most.
>>
>>52226457
you can't cast through digitized equipment that you haven't paid essence for
Which is why you can't cast through a camera+Screen, can't cast through a thermographic vision mod in your goggles, but can cast using thermographic vision in your eyes or cybereyes

>>52226526
>this is innacurate
>let me repeat exactly what you said
???
>>
>>52226551
>>let me repeat exactly what you said
You said he can't cast through goggles, which implies sensors but also any filtering device at all, which isn't correct.

Lets say you have goggles with thermographic vision and there is no smoke, Even if the goggles provide an overlaying image of the target's heath signature, you still get to physically see your target with your real eyes which means you can cast on it no problem. But if there is smoke and all you see is the overlaying heath signature then you can't cast.
>>
>>52226653
Ohh, that's what you mean
yeah, as long as you can see them normally you can cast at them
>>
>>52226702
Yes, I just wanted to clarify. Sorry if it came out wrong
>>
>>52221872

Noise from distance won't shut down your ability to slave to a device. Alternatively, live without wireless boni.
>>
>>52226653
>mystic adept with a battleaxe/guitar foci. Gave him all the voice related adept powers like commanding voice, enthralling performance, voice control, improved ability non-combat artisan and leadership. Also a couple spells like mob mood, trid entertainment, magic fingers, analyse device.

They can still cast Indirect Combat spells, though, which explicitly don't need the mystic link of direct sight. Which means you're safe from mind control and manabolts, but you're not safe from getting hit with a Force 10 Lightning Bolt. Or Fireball. Or whatever.
>>
>>52227118
>Indirect Combat spells, though, which explicitly don't need the mystic link of direct sight.
is this a 5e thing? Because in 4e at least you target all visible objects in the designated area
So if you target an area and someone is hiding in it you won't hit him
>>
>>52227225
Near as I know >>52227118 is either conflating some of the effects of the Prodigal Spell ritual or just mistaken.

Any LoS spell needs you to have direct sight when a ritual's not involved.
>>
File: e42c0fe532[1].jpg (133KB, 306x536px) Image search: [Google]
e42c0fe532[1].jpg
133KB, 306x536px
>>52227225
>>52227295

see pic
>>
>>52206792
The only real awnsera
>>
>>52227384
Fuck, I confused Area spells and indirect spells
yeah, that's in 4e too
>>
>>52227476

Yeah assuming you're >>52227225 you're right there, Indirect Combats just get a special exception because fuck you.
>>
>>52227384
I sit corrected. Does make 'em a bit more useful in those cases where you want a mod on your face and active
>>
>>52227118
>They can still cast Indirect Combat spells, though, which explicitly don't need the mystic link of direct sight. Which means you're safe from mind control and manabolts, but you're not safe from getting hit with a Force 10 Lightning Bolt. Or Fireball. Or whatever.

I'm not sure where the defending against line of sight spell comes from since the character's mechanic if more about delaying the fight from breaking out than anything else.

He uses his magic to boost his commanding voice adept power which affects whoever can hear it in a contested roll of his charisma + leadership vs the crowd's strongest willpower + leadership + 5 to force them to gather in front of him. Then he uses a sustained mob mood spell to weaken their resistance to his enthralling performance power which loweres their perception pool by a number of dices equal equal to the sucesses he gets on an artisan roll as long as they don't notice they're in danger. So basically, if done right, their perception pool ends up being 0 so they're stuck there drooling as they listen to him for a duration equal to his charisma x 10 minutes.

That's his pacifist option for handling encounters while his allies handle stuff in the background. But if someone was shooting spells at him, there is no reason he couldn't jump in the middle of his crowd and use them as meatshields to block the line of sight. Sure that would break the enthrallment but he's also got counterspelling, ork's high body rating, a weapon foci axe and offensive spells of his own to deal with that.
>>
>>52227687

I was referring to the mundie anti-spellcaster character. Your theme seems solid enough.
>>
Is there a benefit to using a helmet over a mask?
>>
>>52228270
higher armor?
>>
>>52228270
Helmets are somewhat explainable. You don't wear ballistic masks unless you expect to get shot at. And you don't expect to get shot at as a law-abiding wageslave.
>>
They both give 2
>>
>>52228270
Mechanically? No
Similarly to what >>52228337 said. The Bike Racing Helmet has less capacity than, but is significantly easier to explain away.
>>
>>52226653
>Even if the goggles provide an overlaying image of the target's heath signature, you still get to physically see your target with your real eyes
No you don't. This is why optical devices exist. Electronic visual devices don't work.

>These devices use optical technology (glass bending or reflecting light), not electronics, to function. They have many uses, one of the most dramatic of which is that they enable a magician to obtain line of sight for spellcasting from cover, something that can’t be accomplished with electronic devices.
>>
>>52229512
What he's saying is that if e.g. you are in a normally lit room, have thermographic vision activated in your goggles and can normally see a person you don't need to deactivate your thermo vision/take off your glasses to target them with a spell
only when your can only see a person through these glasses you can't target them
>>
>>52229512
>>52229615
Exactly, a mage with electronic sensor is just a poor man option but it never hurts to have a backup smartgun if spells won't cut it
>>
>>52229615
While what I'm saying is that electronic devices are non-transparent, create an image of what you're looking at, and that you do need to take off your electronically-enhanced goggles to obtain a natural line of sight.
>>
>>52229711
not necessarily, the whole concept of Augmented reality is based around having a semi-transluscient display projected over a clear surface
>>
>>52229734
You have your electronics for fancy stuff, and you have your opticals for natural line of sight. Which means all the electronic stuff is creating a non-transparent electronic image.
>>
>>52229815
I'm too lazy to screencap the exact quote but I remember clearly the core book describing some AR interfaces as semi-transparent so people can see through them
>>
>>52229815
>Which means all the electronic stuff is creating a non-transparent electronic image.
not necessarily
Optical devices are not the counterpart to thermographic vision in glasses, etc., but to cameras and surveillance systems.
Optical technologies are periscopes and mage goggles, which are used not to enhance imaging when the targets are unseen, but to increase the range and go over places you normally couldn't see. Periscopes to see around corners, mage goggles to see through cracks and long pipes
>>
>>52229915
>Optical devices are not the counterpart to (all) [electronically enhanced] [visual devices]
Yes they are.

>Optical technologies are periscopes and mage goggles
And binoculars.
>Binoculars are available in optical (which can’t take additional vision enhancements) and electronic versions (which can take vision enhancements)

>>52229903
Feel free. 'Transparent' is used in 3 places in the core book - combat/barriers, spellcasting/line of sight, and security devices/windows.
>>
>>52229903
Also, I'll point out that for 99% of consumers, the difference between light bouncing off an object into your eyes versus bouncing off an object into your electronic visual device literally does not matter.
>>
>>52229994
>eel free. 'Transparent' is used in 3 places in the core book
edition?
>>
>>52230052
Current.
>>
>>52230029
>Also, I'll point out that for 99% of consumers, the difference between light bouncing off an object into your eyes versus bouncing off an object into your electronic visual device literally does not matter.

Well it matters to mages and people who gets paranoid about getting hacked so that remaining 1% might be shadowrunners for the most part
>>
>>52229994
>Binoculars are available in optical (which can’t take additional vision enhancements) and electronic versions (which can take vision enhancements)
hmm. In 4e at least there is no distinction.

also: >>52229512
>they enable a magician to obtain line of sight for spellcasting from cover
>from cover
which just confirms that they are used when you need to get light that would ordinarily not reach you, not to enhance light that you'd already get

Also: If they do not let light through, how the fuck do they produce the needed light in stuff like glasses, monocles or contact lenses? Because they work as normal but can take enhancements as well
>>
>>52230141
>hmm. In 4e at least there is no distinction.
Well ...
>Binoculars: Typically handheld, these come with built-in vision magnification. Available in optical and electronic versions.

>Also: If they do not let light through, how the fuck do they produce the needed light in stuff like glasses, monocles or contact lenses?
Producing a lot of light from small devices isn't really a problem in the sixth world. I'd assume the whole thing is a semi-rigid screen made from whatever next-gen technology comes (however many decades) after LED-backlit LCD screens.
>>
>>52230284
>Producing a lot of light from small devices isn't really a problem in the sixth world. I'd assume the whole thing is a semi-rigid screen made from whatever next-gen technology comes (however many decades) after LED-backlit LCD screens.
This stands on absolutely nothing, though
It's basically just you making assumptions based on the fact mages have to use old-timey periscope to make corner shots instead of gun-mounted cameras and ultrasounds like everyone else
>>
>>52230284
>>52230346
Also check out the description for the image link. It can convey images to your eyes in at least 2 ways that doesn't require screens or a physical support at all
>>
>>52230346
>This stands on absolutely nothing, though
It stands on already discussed rules and observations, plus existing sixth world technology - electrochromic clothing, ruthenium polymer technology, flashpaks, noizquitos, etc.

>It's basically just you making assumptions based on the fact mages have to use old-timey periscope to make corner shots instead of gun-mounted cameras and ultrasounds like everyone else.
The call to find something that debunks it still stands. "Nuh uh!" doesn't cut it.

>>52230416
>Image link: A standard upgrade, this lets you display visual information (text, pictures, movies, the current time, etc.) in your field of vision. This is usually AROs, but you can display pretty much whatever you want on it. You and your team can use it to share tactical and situational info in real time. An image link is what you need to truly “see” AR and participate in the modern world.

Do explain.
>>
How do you hide from astral perception?

It says they need to make an Assensing test if the target is trying to hide, but as far as I can see, it doesn't say how you do this or what the actual skill is.
>>
>>52230569
Use the solid/naked snake method
>>
>>52230465
>Do explain.
4e description : The image link either displays visual information (text, pictures, movies) in the field of vision or projects it onto the user’s retina with a laser. Visual data is typically AR data received by the user’s PAN, but other input is also accepted.
It strongly implies it doesn't need a screen at all.
>>
The crew are on the trail of Rebecca, a kidnapped SINless girl they are being paid a truly ridiculous amount of money to get back.

Investigating her brackground, they found that she was part of an up and comming pro-gaming team that had just recieved an offer for a corporate sponsorship(from a renraku subsidiary) before she vanished. Interviewing the other members of the team they found that she was both a star player and the person who maintained their kludged together local Host and without her the team had collaped. This led them to first suspect a rival team that might want the sponsorship.

Searching Rebecca's room revealed a whole host of electronics that had been gutted for parts, all manner of odd assemblages, and her own homebuilt deck. Subjecting the deck to the best hacking the team could muster resulted in little besides sarcastic admonitions to try harder, so they physically disassembled it to get a look at her handiwork, finding an incomprehensible rats nest of wires and components recursively plugged into each other in ways that shouldn't really work. This prompted them to perform a similar examination of host, and they found the same thing but worse. At this point they suspect she might be a technomancer who's pretending to be a mere tech wiz while using her powers to smooth things out, and maybe that someone figured this out and kidnapped her for that.
>>
>>52230790
Walking the path between the unofficial 'school' Rebecca attends and her house with an experienced kidnapper, the crew spent time looking for likely grab spots and then examining them in detail. They hit paydirt in a parking garage where a security camera had captured some members of a local street gang known to be involved in human trafficking loitering in the shadows before running off screen. There was a brilliant flash of light and then they ran back across the screen carrying an unconscious person, presumably Rebecca. Also, the gangster who had been carrying the stun gun was cradling his right arm wich was badly burned, as if there had been some sort of horrifying catastrophic failure.

With an actionable lead finally in hand, the crew made their way to a brothel run by the gang and, posing as customers, went inside. The decker hired a prostitute and asked her to lie in the bed and pretend to be having time of her life while he sat in the closet, and any time he opened the door, she was to yell "Johnny, what are you doing here? Go back to your room!" He then sat in the closet, pulled out his deck, and started hacking into the local host. The host turned out to be swarming with linked devices because of the vast number of skillsofts, so he was unable to isolate he security system, but he did locate the file archives and extract a delivery manifest for Rebecca, which contained a throwaway email address for the customer.
>>
>>52230808
Meanwhile, with some help from the face staging a minor distraction, the party's designated psychopath slipped through an employees only door and found a small breakroom/office as well as a storage room. Unfortunately, since the gang he is a former member of has a grudge against the Azns, he murders the people he finds there, accidentally destroying their deck in the process. He then spends quite a bit of time carving out their cybereyes for resale. By the time he's done the ganger who went to get a new stock of beer has returned to put it in the stockroom and psycho jumps him from behind. Unfortunately, this ganger manages to fire his gun before going down. The shot causes a stir among the girls and customers which turns into panic when psycho comes out of the employees only door to meet back up with the physad who was standing watch in the lobby covered in blood from his impromptu eye surgery.

After gathering up the members who had actually hired prostitues, the crew sucessfully forced their way out past the Troll bouncer and auto-turret, narrowly escaping only 3 hours ahead of the police response. The decker managed to connect the hard drive of the broken deck psycho stole to his own deck and recover the message exchanges between it and the email adress associated with Rebecca's file in their archives, as well as the name of the underboss who actually ordered the hit.
>>
>>52230829
Everyone called all their contacts about this guy and, eventually, the physad's lonestar connection came through. There was a tattoo parlor where he spent most of his free time and from which he conducted most of the hands-off part of his duties. The crew decided to take refuge in audacity and just march into the place in broad daylight with weapons drawn. They did what needed doing and, after tipping the tattoo artist 100 nuyen "for the mess", tossed the battered underboss in the trunk of their car and sped off.

Beneath a bridge at the far southern end of town, they pulled the guy out and the face started to question him. At first he was recalcitrant, but after psycho obliterated his right knee with a fire axe, he was rather talkative. Rebecca, it turns out, had been kidnapped on commission. A suit from Renraku had asked for her by name and offered a bunch of money for her to be delivered alive and whole. The face extracted the various details of when and where the handoff happened, then psycho ziptied the boss's right wrist to his left ankle and threw him the toxic river.

Currently the group is pretty solidly convinced of the technomancer theory, believing that Renraku had her captured for that reason, and intend to plan a break in of their research facility next session.

Also, they are worried that the Johnson who hired them might be from the Renraku subsidiary which was sponsoring Rebecca's team, acting to protect an investment without knowing what the other branchs are doing. They think they might not get paid if this is the case and the Johnson finds out before they can bring him Rebecca.
>>
>>52230578
How do you actually hide, though, because that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>52230860

You don't. There is no way to properly mask your astral (iirc), so you literally have to sneak around in the traditional way.
>>
>>52230860
Unless you are awakened with the masking metamagic you can't do shit
and even that will just allow you to make your aura look different, not invisible
>>
>>52230887
Alright, so then it's just Stealth opposed by Assensing, then?

Like physical perception, you don’t need to make a
test to see things that are immediately obvious (and since
astral forms are bright and vibrant, this means that most
astral forms are easy to spot). You only need to roll the
dice when your target is trying to hide or when you’re
trying to observe in detail—then you make an Assensing
Test to see what you can see.
>>
Would it technically be possible to add bulk modification to breast implants and cybergenitals. I mean, if you limit breast implants to arm-size for +4 capacity and genital for lower arm size for a +2 capacity, you could do a lot of things.
>>
File: Scotsman_Sword.png (497KB, 790x600px) Image search: [Google]
Scotsman_Sword.png
497KB, 790x600px
So are there any books which explain in greater detail what's going on in Scotland in the Sixth World?
>>
>>52231061
Might want to look in Shadows of Europe and the 6th World Almanac.
>>
>>52231061
Sixth World Almanac (4e), Shadows of Europe (3e) and maybe if you wanted "London Sourcebook" (1e), though that info is probably severely out of date
>>
>>52231061
Target: Smuggler's Havens apparently has a bit on Aberdeen.
>>
>>52230619
Yeah, imagelink changed between 4e & 5e.
>>
>>52230860
You utilise physical objects, background counts, other auras (flora & fauna both work), and if you can see them, any nearby astral junk as cover.
>>
Given all the stealth talk, how do you actually make a stealthy character as an Adept?

Is there actually a way to properly compensate for having to stealth against three seperate sets of vision at once, plus tech-sight stuff?
>>
>>52231465
>Is there actually a way to properly compensate for having to stealth against three seperate sets of vision at once, plus tech-sight stuff?
Astral and Physical is still just vs Stealth. Matrix, you shouldn't be keeping your wireless active unless you actually need it right then. Some sensors have their own rules to bypass, but that's also what the decker is for.
>>
File: Infiltrator.jpg (31KB, 412x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Infiltrator.jpg
31KB, 412x1020px
What armor would this be in SR? Cham Suit? Light Milspec? Something else?
>>
How the hell does an extreme cyber-implant weapon not have an AP modifier? It's a fucking massive weapon, what the hell.
>>
>>52231795
Unless you are taking a piece of clothing with heavy description, you can just call it whatever you like.
I would say its a Second Skin with a Chamaleon/Sleeping Tiger and a Mask
>>
>>52231795
Looks like full body replacement. But also kind of looks like the Chameleon suit
>>
>>52231795
Chameleon suit, or more likely without RPC, catsuit. Though the legs look like replacements.
>>
>>52231831
It does Str+5P. It's a future-claymore without being specifically engineered to fuck up modern armour.
>>
Are the only limits to custom weapons in cyberlimbs no attachments other than internal smartlink, silencer and laser sight?
Is a Savalette the best pistol I can shove in there? Don't want to put something in there and then find there are better options
>>
>>52231831
massive =/= armor-penetrating
bigger blade means higher damage, not that it's easier to bypass armor
>>
>>52231865
>other weapon accessories can’t be installed in cyberguns
No accessories. Modifications as per normal.
>>
>>52203375
>clips
Fucking Shadowrun. d20 Modern might have been shit, but at least they knew the difference between a clip and a magazine.
>>
>>52231921
>implying Shadowrun doesn't
>falling for ongoing CGL tier trolling
>>
>>52231865
I've always allowed my players to customize Custom Cyberguns, but that's just my table because they love to yerz out their guns.

RAI seems to be that you'd have to pay the capacity cost for the Suppressor, Laser Sight, and External Mag Port as if it was a regular Cybergun. At my table I also make Custom Cyberguns use the shittier Internal Magazines unless the Runner ponies up for the External Mag Port, at which point the standard Magazine size opens up.

Savalette is the best HP for sure, but think of the style of a Warhawk. You can swing out a Cylinder in your arm, chummer, its wiz.

>>52231921
They know the difference, they just refuse.
>>
>>52231921

The rulebooks explicitly state that 'clip' is used though 'detachable box magazine' is a more accurate term. Behind the scenes the main reason why they call them clips is to differentiate them from weapons with fixed internal magazines and make the rules easier to read
>>
>>52231465
For the tech stuff, if the person running it is anal about the matrix overlaying the real world in all cases just so (instead of being a big expanse where closer icons are brighter than far ones, but they're not necessarily anywhere near where the device is in reality) then take one of these measures as appropriate to your situation.

If you're going to be doing some actual matrix work, stay on the public grid for as long as possible. Most corps won't have their people working off the public grid, so they're losing four dice right there to do anything to your matrix stuff and you're not losing any dice if you can manage a direct connection.

Now, if you're not going to be doing any actual matrix stuff on the run do this instead; load up a nice burner SIN and get in some (preferably free) Host like the public libraries or some museum. You can still communicate, but just about nothing can be done to your stuff just like you can do nothing to the stuff on the run... unless you happen to get directly connected to. But then you have bigger issues.

And for the final bit of trickery, put your commlink on a drone and have it stay in somewhere in the noise 1 range band. Just about nobody is going to do the right kind of searching, if you set things up right they're also taking -5 to do that searching, and looking for just a gun icon sounds like the start of a really worn-out prank.
>>
>>52232038
I refuse to believe that CGL ever did anything for the purpose of making any rule clearer.
>>
>>52208275
Rainforest carabine with integrated silencer. Can only fire subsonic ammo. Bam, done.
>>
What's the extent on the CFS's ban on Aztechnology? I know the San Fran Pyramid is now owned by a puppet/shell corporation in their stead, implying that their presence was run out of the area, but do businesses like Stuffer Shack and other AZ subsidiaries still exist in California? If not, are there any canon answers to alternatives?
>>
>>52232369
Wouldn't that be a better fit for the AS Val?
>>
Are explosives and snipers pretty much the only way to handle high force spirits?

>>52231921
Having a laugh at /k/'s clip autism is one of the few good things CGL did.
>>
>>52232610
ADPS with that one maneuver that triples your AP. Tasers. Being a good shot.
>>
File: RIP AND TEAR.gif (536KB, 381x512px) Image search: [Google]
RIP AND TEAR.gif
536KB, 381x512px
>>52232610
>Are explosives and snipers pretty much the only way to handle high force spirits?

Killing hands and TEAR ITS HEAD OFF WITH YOUR ANGER

Then hope that the aura doesn't melt you.
>>
File: 1486189427372.jpg (135KB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
1486189427372.jpg
135KB, 500x624px
>>52226308

>he doesn't have a Weapon Personality for his raifu.
>>
>>52232610
Stick n' Shock
>>
>>52232492
No. VAL can fire full auto.
>>
Also boats; I've been rewatching Black Lagoon recently and boats seem like they should only be second to vans and maybe bikes as runner vehicles, unless you're landlocked.

Why are boat options in the books so shit and what kind of boats have you used in your games?
>>
>>52232610

For a mundie? Melee can make a fair pass if you're optimized, but falls off much past force 9.

For awakened? Any weapon focus. Killing hands, as mentioned Spells. Other spirits.
>>
>>52232995
As if that weren't enough, it's also more or less stated that the Sea Dragon owns every ocean and fucks your shit up if you so much as piss in the water.
>>
>>52233025
>As if that weren't enough, it's also more or less stated that the Sea Dragon owns every ocean and fucks your shit up if you so much as piss in the water.
I ignore that as the devs being too retarded to understand the sheer apocalyptic impact of no functional sea shipping on late stage capitalist economies.
>>
>>52231992
How would a Warhawk work in terms of internal magazine and external clip port?
Would adding an external port just add a cylinder to your arm that you can flip out and speed load into?
>>
>>52233305
I've had no one at my table actually do it. However, I was thinking 4(m), which is half of the Heavy Pistols. Adding the External Mag Port adds back the stock Cylinder with that Revolver's standard ammo capacity, and you can swing it out and reload as if it was a regular Revolver.

You could instead have it so the External Mag Port modification allows you to eject and load Revolver Speed Loaders. Its awesome, but it basically makes the Revolver a Mag fed weapon.
>>
>>52233305

Make it like a Dardick, A magazine-fed revolver. Why? I don't know. But it's been done before!
>>
>>52232757
Weapon focus and plain old mana spells? Regular old grenades? Maxed out cyber arm melee weapon attacks? Armor piercing rounds? I see a lot of ways to deal with with them. Also I don't see why your gm would send those after you unless you really possédez off some big shots in which case you already know they're coming so you should be prepared.
>>
a while back i saw an image called "shadowrun.jpg" or something like that. It had some rich guy describing all the magical defenses he had on his hotel floor. It then cuts to another guy, who blew up the whole hotel in order to get at the rich guy. Does anyone have that image?
>>
File: pastel_hair.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pastel_hair.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
I have two ideas for a cool Fixer for the team to get as a free contact.

Neil, a black dude who runs a strip club called Jungle Fever in Snohomish. The decorations, both AR and physical, are all jungle-themed. The girls are all ebony, and from every race, be they human, dwarf, elf, or goblin. The important thing is that they have huge booties, and look good in leopard-skin lingerine.

The place mostly sells cheap, deep-fried soy food, which Neil cooks himself into a surprising array of delicious dishes, The alcohol is all cheap synthahol and beer with the consistency of monkey-piss, but it's alcohol.

There's a private room, connected to both the dance floor and the kitchen. It's almost never used by the strippers, since nobody who come's here has the kind of money for a private show. The room is connected to the kitchen, so Neil uses this room to brief runners on missions, if he's not vidcalling from the steamy kitchen.

The other is a dude who meets runners in a private host, decorated to be a candy-themed mansion. Everything in the place is edible, from the marble-looking floor actually being white marble chocolate, to the walls tasting like snozzberries. The Johnson himself changes his appearance very often, but he's always seen with a ridiculous cotton-candy afro, which less diplomatic runners have been tempted to try and taste.

I'm debating between naming him King Cotton Candy (it was going to be just King Cotton, since I originally envisioned him as a black dude, but I realized that was pretty racist desu), or naming him The Sweet Prince.

Thoughts?
>>
Are there rules for making your own fake SINs or is that just out of my league?
>>
>>52234750
4e I think there is, not for 5e. Someone else might know which book(s).
>>
>>52234373
I believe that's from Fate/Zero. You probably can find the image with that info.
>>
File: itua827y5vgy.png (276KB, 394x415px) Image search: [Google]
itua827y5vgy.png
276KB, 394x415px
>>52202407
So I recently introduced my friend into the series, and he's recently started shadowrun returns. I told him character building is relatively forgiving in this game, but try not to go crazy, as there is no way to Respec. So now he's asking me about how to improve his tank-support-mage (?). He kinda has a history of dumb build shit like this, I have no idea what to tell him. You guys have any ideas?
>>
Man why do they have to lie to me.

I'm running one of the book runs as a first timer and one of my players made a troll adept with the quickening metamagic.

My cardinal sin was of course allowing initiation at chargen since i trust my players to not be shitheads and i wanted the extra fun.

And what does he do? He dang diddly slaps on quickenings to boost his stats up to 10s with attribute spells right at the chargen, assuming he always gets the max diceroll, and doesn't bother to tell me.

I mean i guess i didn't look at the sheet close enough but what the hell man.
>>
>>52235926
Anon.

No, he didn't.

You know why?

First off, because he doesn't have the karma to spend to DO that.

Second off, because he's a faggot and you should hit him with the CRB.
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.