[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 90

File: Blood Bath at Orc's Drift.png (1MB, 649x912px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Bath at Orc's Drift.png
1MB, 649x912px
Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

> A hostile spear, a new frontier, the end is near.
> The lines must hold, their story told, Orc's Drift controlled... edition.

> 1d4chan
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

> Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf

> Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

> List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

> Bretonnia range reborn!
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> Fimir range reborn!
http://krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

> Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Lore, Crunch and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

> Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

> 9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

> Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

> End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

> Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

> Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

> Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Last Thread >>52061350
>>
>>52102017

Unfortunately model war-gaming is pretty expensive wherever you go. A lot of companies have followed GW into the breach of regularly increasing their prices unless your Mantic or into Historics. Best thing you can do is get second hand or go through 3rd party websites that offer a discount.

> Is the party over?

I would bet Fantasy war-gaming was around before anyone in this thread was born and I'll outlive us all. It's harder to get a game of Fantasy that it was 2 years ago but with your models you can play any game, Kings of War, Avatars of War, Dragon Rampant, 9th Age, Age of Smegma (if needs must) and every edition of Warhammer. You can still have your guys set in the Warhammer world though even if you're not using the official rules.
>>
File: 20170228191459_1.jpg (408KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170228191459_1.jpg
408KB, 1920x1080px
Could someone explain to me how magic and wizard levels and power dice all work together in the tabletop? Alternatively where I could find these in the pastebin.
>>
>>52115617

The level of the Wizard determines how many spells he can generate, ie. a level 4 Wizard will have 4 different spells each game to use each magic phase.

Power Dice are just the number of dice the casting player has available to them to try and cast a spell. All the spells have a casting value and you can throw as many or a few dice at it as you want. So if you generated 6 power dice and the spell needs a 7 you could pick out 3 dice and try to equal or exceed 7 to cast the spell. You would then have another 3 power dice left in your pool for another spell.

Is this what you mean? It's all in the rulebook.
>>
File: 20170211170350_1.jpg (602KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170211170350_1.jpg
602KB, 1920x1080px
>>52116131
That makes sense, I had absolutely no idea what wizard levels where, and how magic should work.

CA straight fucked it.
>>
File: Warhammer Rulebook.jpg (117KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer Rulebook.jpg
117KB, 873x627px
>>52116131

Re-reading all that made me remember what a great book the BRB was.

I do think the passing of WHFB is signalling an end to complex games. In the future they're just going to be simpler and simpler and companies are just going to rely on a churn and burn of new players with none of them offering any depth (before Infinity players butt-in I'm talking about the mass market games). Flames of War V4 is significantly simplified as well.

Fantasy should have had two systems of skirmish and mass battle with the latter being like 6th edition.
>>
>>52116263

How does it work in TW:W?

The level of the Wizard represents his ability and seniority. He will know hundreds of spells but for the sake of the game it just means 4 heavy hitters that are 'battle magic'.
>>
File: 20170228191711_1.jpg (546KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170228191711_1.jpg
546KB, 1920x1080px
>>52116308
All characters, lords or wizards or heroes, get a max 30 levels. Wizard spells lay down one level path for them, there are others like campaign effects and one-off abilities. You can grab a new spell every level if you stay on the path. A wizard can learn his entire lore, but CA usually leaves a spell out for one reason or another. In battle you have a 'pool' of magic depending on the strength of the winds in that part of the campaign map. The most magic you can have available at one time is 30 which recharges from the larger pool. Spell costs range from Raise Dead (3) to Foot of Gork (15) and then overcharged versions which cost more but have a chance of damaging the caster. Spell also have a recharge on them after casting so you can't cast the same spell over and over. putting another point into your spell skill will reduce the recharge time.

All this would be fine if damages and effects weren't totally neutered. Vortexes do fuck-all if they aren't sitting right on the enemy, which they don't because they move. Buff and debuff spells have been cut from bubble effects down to single units, and they last 30 seconds at most. My guess is they're afraid players will spam magic but as it is it's more cost effective just to bring a beatstick captain or champion. You cast one or two underwhelming spells and then your recharge slows to a trickle.

Lucky for me there's mods.
>>
>>52116539

Well apart from how they pick their spells it seems an okay analogy of how it works on the table-top.

I think magic in 8th was too powerful in regards to how predictable it could get. On paper it seems really dangerous but for most they're just throwing as many dice as possible at their big bad spell and wiping out entire units. Also, Total War's fan base would rip them to shreds if they game was like this.
>>
So where does everyone get their models and bases and such from these days? Most of the named characters and many models are no longer sold by GW, so where do you find them? Amazon or Ebay? Some other 3rd party place? What about square bases?
>>
>>52116845
Loads of people on eBay sell faux GW bases that look nearly identical.

Love it or hate it, Citadel does kind of have a style (or did) and it can be hard to get other models to fit sometimes so I tend to stick to second hand or some companies like Avatars of War or Russian Alternative who basically copy this style.

Special characters are hard, I hardly use them so I was never that bothered but I think here you're just going to have to break the green stuff out.
>>
>>52115118
Can someone explain the Witch King to me? Or maybe the Skaven. I'm thinking about playing the CK2 mod, but I don't want to be 100% blind to the lore.
>>
>>52117683
The Witch King is a term for Malekith - he's the leader of the Dark Elves. He wants to be Phoenix King, but he got badly burned by a flame that a true Phoenix King is supposed to pass through unharmed. He plots in Canada, conspiring to conquer the Elven kingdoms and also fuck with everyone else. His mom is Morthrai, who is a super powerful Dark Elf sorceress.

The Skaven are a much broader concept, but they're a race of rat creatures that live in underground cities, creating huge networks of tunnels underneath most of the Old World. They worship a god called the Horned Rat, who is a bit tricksy and a bit plague-y, so they get a bit of both. Lots of numbers, very backstabby - they use a lot of rickety, dangerous but very effective and surprisingly modern inventions, using a dangerous substance called warpstone.
>>
>>52117749
1.) Canada? lol.
2.) What's a Phoenix King?
3.) Which would be more fun to play as? Would you recommend something else?
>>
File: 1411536034945.jpg (352KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1411536034945.jpg
352KB, 1280x1024px
>>52117785
1) Technically the Dark Elf kingdom is called Naggaroth - I forgot to explain that joke, sorry. The Warhammer world looks very similar to the real world, and Naggaroth is about where Canada is.

2) The Pheonix King is the king of the High Elves, who live in Ulthuan, the big wheel island. He's considered chosen by one of the major High Elven gods, Asuryan, and tends to be either pretty badass or pretty weak. The one right now, Finubar, is pretty badass.

3) I haven't played the mod or CK2, so it's hard to say. I'd guess Dark Elves might be fun, but other anons will probably have better answers than me.
>>
>>52117850
kk, thanks.
>>
>>52117850
>the big wheel island
Just call it Atlantis.
>>
>>52116278
WHFB 6th ed was complex but overall most of this complexity was lost in ridiculous one-use rules. Don't get me wrong, I love it and I still read the rulebook sometimes, but as I got older I now consider it a bit differently. The book in itself was however a fucking blast, with so much fluff, crunch, art, it was beautiful in itself.
>>
>>52116845
Chaos, dwarves : Avatar of war, Prodos, TGG
Dwarves : Scibor, AoW
Empire, brets: Historicals+AoW for characters+other manufacturers for centerpieces
Undead : Mantic, WGF
Orcs and goblins : Mantic
Ogres: Mantic
About bases, any lgs should have some for sales. Named characters are probably second-hand only.
>>
There's been a fair bit said in these threads over the years about what parts of the Empire correspond to what parts of Germany and the Holy Roman Empire, but I'm kind of curious about Tilea. Which city-states map up to which Renaissance polities? I don't really know enough about Tilea or Italian history to make much in the way of guesses myself.
>>
>>52119254
Miragliano is Milano, Tylos (Skavenblight) is analoguous to Roma in some ways, but Remas and Luccini are as well. Trantio takes a lot from Florence and Torino.
>>
Anybody here play Man O'War tabletop?
>>
>>52117749
>His mom is Morthrai, who is a super powerful Dark Elf sorceress.

Who he bangs.
>>
Some company really needs to start selling not!WHFB miniatures at low prices. They would make a killing.
>>
>>52117850
I've often wondered, are there humans in the New World? Native American tribes? How do they deal with Dark Elves and Lizardmen?
>>
>>52117683
The Witch King is the ruler of the Dark Elves, or the Druchii. He's an absolute monarch with magic powers encased in life-supporting enchanted armor, made necessary by his hideous burn scarring, an artifact of his attempt to seize the throne of elf kind and the resultant divine flame that burned him. His right hand and corruptor is Morathi, a legendarily beautiful elf and the head of the forbidden Cult of Pleasure which worships Slaanesh. The two spend most of their time backstabbing each other, but neither can get a final victory. And yes, they fuck.

The most powerful cult among the druchii is the Cult of Khaine, the god of war, hate, battle, murder, and bloodshed. An avowed enemy of the Chaos Gods and especially Slaanesh, these guys are the main check on the Cult of Pleasure.

Culturally, the druchii could probably be summed up with the phrase 'the weak ate meat and the strong eat.' They are very gender stratified and lean patriarchal, though the Cult of Khaine is controlled by women and male sorcerers are altogether forbidden. Class and blood also matter greatly, and druchii will always leverage these things. The obsession with blood purity means that it is not unheard of for druchii nobility to practise first order incest, though this rarely means the elves in question have great fondness for one another. Oddly, some sources report that druchii women are not expected to practise monogamy (nor often do), but that druchii women are fiercely and famously jealous lovers. The druchii are slavers, and cruel ones at that. Any difficult work is forced on slaves if possible, and they serve roles everywhere from brothel toy to living sacrifice to Khaine. The main methods of social mobility are the military and the corsair fleets; the druchii are skilled at plying the seas, and even enslave great wyrms to pull their more unusual ships. Black Arks, magically-maintained fortress islands, act as roving motherships for lighter corsairs.

Continued...
>>
>>52120486
Physically, if you strip a druchii, they cannot be distinguished from any other elf. They do tend to be dark haired and pale of skin, but this had more to do with their place of origin and pre-fall ethnic background than anything. Druchii do not let themselves physically go to rot. Mutilation is mocked. Ugliness is reviled. The exception is ritual scarification and piercing. Druchii are usually beautiful, if of somewhat cruel aspect.

Psycholgically, druchii are quick to exploit weakness. They have little empathy. Weakness is synonymous with immortality. They consider non-elves to be talking animals. Other elves are seen as misguided, contemptible weaklings, or rebels against the 'true' king. Despite what you might expect, a druchii is capable of profound friendships and deep, especially fierce love. The nature of their society and emphasis on ruthless advancement means that these are jealously guarded feelings. Woe be it to the ignorant young buck who spurns the affections of a druchii woman. Overall, they ate hedonists. Rules and laws are suggestions for the clever to subvert. Other druchii are usually tools, toys, or rivals. They are profoundly selfish.

Militarily, they have some unusual practises. They have regular cavalry, but are more famous for cold one riders, which are basically allosaurus riding knights. The fanatic druchii women of the Cult of Khaine go into battle naked with greatswords, working themselves into an orgiastic frenzy of bloodshed. Their missile troops make use of repeating crossbows by preference. Their only legal spellcasters are women. Of course, they love poisons and intoxicants.
>>
>>52120541
Immorality, not immortality.
>>
File: 683f2b992d9b18d1244cab981d09f794.jpg (339KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
683f2b992d9b18d1244cab981d09f794.jpg
339KB, 857x1200px
>>52115118
What are some older editions that are worth going back to?
I got into Fantasy on the eve of 8th ed so it's all I've ever known, me and my group want to change it up a bit.
>>
>>52121949
WHFB 6th ed is peak WHFB.
>>
>>52116845
Mantic and reaper for my Vampire Counts, china for Brets

I want to do an Empire Army using Perry minis one day
>>
>>52117850
Was the Southern Wastes meant to be not-Antarctica or not-Australia?
>>
>>52120379
Mantic m8
>>
>>52121949
6 t h e d
t
h

e
d
>>
>>52122167
kangaroo beastmen?
pls anon regular kangaroos are deadly enough
>>
>>52122436
>high elves attempt to colonize the Southern Wastes
>violently driven back by 'roos and emus
>>
>>52120395
The human inhabitants of the New World fall into two categories. The former are the Amazons, who are vassals of the Slann/Lizardmen depending on the edition. The latter group are the Old World colonists. They have a couple of settlements on the Eastern coast and are cosmopolitan enough for Old Worlders. The first colonists were Norscan, but there's a good mix of Imperials, Bretonni, Estalians, Arabyans, Tileans, etc.
>>
>>52122562
Weren't there (northern) Native Americans that were genocided by the Dark Elves?
>>
>>52122603
The Hung? They're still around.
>>
>>52122646
Right, forgot about the Hung, since they're split into two camps: those raiding Nagaroth and those raiding Cathay. Which is probably why they are easily forgotten.
>>
>>52116539
Except most buffs become aoe if you overcast them, vortexes are balanced by being supremely powerful and are obviously meant to fuck up units you are forcing to stand still, and recharge rates can be upped in like eight ways.

Sure spells may seem underwhelming in the face of a beatstick, but tripling the power of your greatsword line for 30 seconds basically allows you to break chaos armies with comparatively tiny forces.
>>
File: oggabooga.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oggabooga.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What happened to the pygmies during the end times?
>>
>>52123972
WE
>>
>>52123972
The art is more offensive then the actual models!
>>
>>52123972
More like what happened to them after 3rd Ed.
>>
Did we ever learn what exactly the Maw and the hunger inside the ogres actually is?
>>
File: Concept_Art.jpg (186KB, 1600x1553px) Image search: [Google]
Concept_Art.jpg
186KB, 1600x1553px
>>52123972
What if they got a tasteful redesign?
>>
>>52124529
Depicting Africans (accurately) as an early iron age, bronze age, or stone age civ is not likely to go over well with moral guardians.
>>
>>52125188
Pygmies are Meso-Americans. Not Africans.

The big-lipped thing large-bellied was artistic stereotypes of any people considered primitive by colonial Europeans. It appears applied to everyone from Filipinos to Apache.
>>
>>52123972
The Amazons ate them all then integrated into the Empire. Or at least that is what happened in Blood Bowl.
>>
>>52123972

A Skaven Maxim gun probably mowed them all down or something.
>>
Does anyone have a working link for http://kickassunblock.net/user/BranStark/uploads/
from the resources pastebin

Want to check out some fantasy novels
>>
File: 20170311222741_1.jpg (236KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170311222741_1.jpg
236KB, 1440x900px
Did you know that Bretonnia has the strongest cows? They even destroy siege towers!
>>
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-IE/Start-Collecting-Skeleton-Horde

Has anyone bought this? I'm interested in whether a Mortarch sprue can be used to build others than Arkhan, Neferata to be specific.
>>
File: spawnchange.jpg (436KB, 1080x474px) Image search: [Google]
spawnchange.jpg
436KB, 1080x474px
You create one spawn for every unsaved wound, right?
>>
>>52126412

No. Just 1
>>
>>52126361
Yeah, you get the full Mortarch sprue in the box. You can build Arkhan, Manfred or Neferata.
>>
>>52126603
Ok thanks.

That's pretty underwhelming.
>>
>>52126614
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>52126412
keyword is target here
>target unit
>if the target suffers

imagine the spawn forming from the coalescing bodies of the slain
>>
>>52126348
>half man half bull destroy armies
>half bull other half bull too destroy cities
pottery
>>
>>52115118
What would be the expected quality of equipment in dwarf and elven armies. Will most of it be good quality with elite forces and leaders wielding best quality or would it be most forces wield mediocre equipment with elites wielding good quality stuff and the leaders wielding best quality?
>>
>>52125188
Pygmies are in South America in Warhammer, though.
>>
File: Archaon_the_Everchosen.png (768KB, 447x730px) Image search: [Google]
Archaon_the_Everchosen.png
768KB, 447x730px
>>52115209

>I'll outlive us all

Gee, I wonder who is behind this post
>>
>>52126768
What about half man other half also man?
>>
File: Nagash.jpg (241KB, 441x594px) Image search: [Google]
Nagash.jpg
241KB, 441x594px
>>52127403
Oh ye of little faith
>>
>>52117918
Or Melnibone, since that would be more accurate.
Then again, who here even reads the major inspiration for Warhammer anymore?
>>
>>52124426
Nope. Maybe space alien? Maybe just a meteor? Who knows.
>>
>>52127711
Hey, I read some of the first Elric stories some weeks ago. Wasn't that great.
>>
>>52127786
Lavos?
>>52127820
Regardless, much of WFB's original inspiration was those Elric stories.
From a Uluthuan is almost a perfect description of Melnibone in shape, and it's usage of dragons that are largely mostly in hibernation due to their rarity is also pretty spot on.
Personally wise however the Dark Elves have the Melnibonean's twisted personalities and complete lack of morality...also plus the actual Elric knockoff of Warhammer is a member of their race too.
>>
>>52124426
I think it was just a warpstone crater.
>>
>>52126912
>Most of it be good quality with elite forces and leaders wielding best quality
This, at least when compared with the human standard
>>
>>52127953
It didn't actually mutate anything.
It was just a really really big hole.
>>
File: types-of-egregores.jpg (306KB, 1243x754px) Image search: [Google]
types-of-egregores.jpg
306KB, 1243x754px
>>52124426
A warpstone fragment that crashed into the earth. It became a sentient egregore due to the worship of the ogres.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egregore
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulpa#Thoughtform
>>
>>52124426
Tyranid dormant hive
>>
>>52127403

It'll*
>>
File: 10.jpg (110KB, 530x676px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
110KB, 530x676px
This seems pretty unlikely but.... hypothetically speaking, if GW decided to AoS 40K would anyone be inclined to have 1 large thread for all 'Oldhammerer'? ie. 40K RT - 7th edition and Fantasy 1st - 8th edition.
>>
>>52129960
Seems quite a bit of a stretch, especially since 40k and WFB don't have all that much overlap. Why would you want to talk about two settings in one thread?
>>
>>52129960
No
>>
>>52130190
>>52130219

Just an idea of uniting all the Grognards.
>>
>>52130450
We aren't grognards, are we? WFB has only been killed for what, two years? And the games and RPGs are still going strong.

Quite frankly, GW is missing out on a huge amount of marketing now that they aren't jealously hording the IP. Imagine how many people would be excited for the wargame if it was still active now.
>>
>>52130525

I guess it's debatable, most people class a Grognard as somebody who plays an older edition but I guess AoS is a totally different game.

9th Age has really taken off in my area, unfortunately I'm not completely behind it.
>>
File: 1481597841635.jpg (34KB, 376x530px) Image search: [Google]
1481597841635.jpg
34KB, 376x530px
>>52130561
I can't explain why WFB as a wargame, without using another ruleset, is so important to me, but it is. That's what I hope I'll manage to play, though I'm not too picky on the edition.
>>
File: 1469242116512.jpg (521KB, 1128x900px) Image search: [Google]
1469242116512.jpg
521KB, 1128x900px
As a Bretonnian-fag, I feel like I know the differences between the dukedoms pretty well - Parravon has a preference for Pegasus Knights, Bordelaux has a stronger Manaan focus, etc. I generally know the differences between Imperial provinces too, which gods they hold in favor and what they specialize in.

But what about the Dwarf holds? What makes them distinct? Do Warhammer Dwarves ever feel too uniform in their tactics or mindset?
>>
>>52115118
>Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar.
Can we bitch about how terrible AoS is?
>>
>>52133021
I'm up for that.
>>
>>52132483
The different Dwarf Holds DO have different flavors, especially in regards to their rulers. One is famous for having a lot of Slayers, one has better engineers, one has more gromril then any other hold so it has a shitload of Ironbreakers for example.
Some are way more isolated then others and therefore fight different enemies on an average basis then the regular dwarves, too; the guys in the Grey Mountains are more likely to fight Wood Elves and Bretonnians as much as they are orcs or goblins or the Empire.
>>
>>52129960
No offense, but I've never liked 40k very much. By the time it's fluff got really distinct it took itself WAAAY too seriously for my tastes.
>>
>>52132483
Barak Varr; it has a port, which actually makes it pretty important to Dwarf terms. Has an actual navy attached to it.
Karak Kadrin is the Slayer Keep and it has the Slayer King living there.
Karak Azul has the best iron deposits in the Old World.
Karak Drak is in Norsca so wow are they having a hard time of shit.
Karak Eight Peaks was possibly the greatest dwarf hold during their Golden Age and now is partially retaken by Belegar Ironhammer (aka " VENGEANCE INCARNAAAATE!") and surrounded by enemies but stubbornly holding on.
Karak Zorn is waaaay down in the Southlands and supposedly has insane wealth but for all the goddamn Savage Orcs and Lizardmen constantly besieging it.
Karaz-a-Karak is "Everpeak" and is basically the dwarf version of Altdorf; nominally in charge but in practice there's a lot of leeway involved with each hold.
>>
>>52127883
What do you mean "the"? There's like five Elrics.
>>
>>52132483
Most generic Holds differ more in personality and who they deal with than their army choices.

Most Holds generally have the same troops though unless its famous for something, like the Barak Varr navy, the Karak Kadrin Slayers, the Karak Norn Rangers, or the Zhufbar airforce. Aside from Karak Hirn I actually can't think of a Hold that would have less of anything in particular.

Check this page. Its unfinished, but the guys on 1d4 put in a lot of good work. I think its one of their best pages.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Dwarfs_(Warhammer_Fantasy)
>>
File: 1316319073786.jpg (103KB, 418x515px) Image search: [Google]
1316319073786.jpg
103KB, 418x515px
>>52134008
>In 3392 Prince Gumli of Clan Kamerad and Princess Dertain are betrothed to celebrate 100 years of trade. Upon seeing her, he describes her as having "the face of a troll chewing a rock" and breaks off the marriage, keeping the dowry for "the wrongs that our eyes had to endure".

Damn, that's fucking cold.
>>
>>52134097
Dwarfs don't fuck around when it comes to insults.
>>
File: Witch Hunter with Witch.png (934KB, 638x900px) Image search: [Google]
Witch Hunter with Witch.png
934KB, 638x900px
I want pictures, pictures of Imperial wizards.
>>
>>52120395
There used to be the Amazons, an all female warrior tribe descendant of those fromthe Norse colony of Skeggi, who wield arcane weapons and seem to be at odds with the lizardmen. There were also the Pygmies, a bunch of humans the size of halflings who are cannibals and who the lizardmen dont like (coukd be because they hunt the Quetzatol)
>>
>>52133163
I thought Karak Zorn had been wiped out by the lizardmen because one of their golden tablets said that they would be a problem
>>
Which books give good setting info on Sylvania? I'm looking to create my own vampire-ruled kingdoms for a homebrew setting.
>>
>>52136644
Night's Dark Masters for WFRP 2e is good. It's in the repositories somewhere.
>>
>>52133945
Malekith, Teclis, Tyrion... Aenarion?
>>
>>52134097
This is doubly insulting due to the nature of dwarf society, where marriagable women are highly sought after.
>>
>>52136711
why malekith tho?
>>
>>52136711
And Kaleb Daark, champion of Malal.
>>
>>52138283
Incest?
>>
>>52121949
6th is the "balanced" better suited fr serious lay, 4th and 5th are more crazy and with some pretty stupid shit, but are still very interested if you just want a fun game, 3th is great if you just play for fun with friends, it's very different from subsequent ones and is very umbalanced and made for fluffy campaigns and crazy stuff.
>>
File: 1483659322918.jpg (213KB, 1137x749px) Image search: [Google]
1483659322918.jpg
213KB, 1137x749px
Why aren't the Empire and Bretonnia better friends?
>>
>>52139719
Why won't that dwarf admit that he's lost?
>>
>>52139787
Because pride wont let him. That, and he succesfuly rolled for stealth
>>
>>52139719
Vastly different systems. Different state cults. Barely a border thanks to geological landmarks.
Also the brets are not as affected by attacks from the north.
The Empire and Kislev are very close because both agree they are in the same boat. Thus the Empire will march north to help if Kislev is in danger.
Bretonnia is just too removed to feel the breath of the north in its neck all the time.
>>
File: kobold.png (661KB, 813x1106px) Image search: [Google]
kobold.png
661KB, 813x1106px
>>52134341
>>
File: WizardCelestialOrder.jpg (58KB, 412x579px) Image search: [Google]
WizardCelestialOrder.jpg
58KB, 412x579px
>>52140221
What the fuck is this
>>
>>52139719
Brets are buttmad they retconned them into not being superior to the Empire in 5e.
>>
File: IMG_5361.jpg (766KB, 1400x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5361.jpg
766KB, 1400x637px
>>52139787
In 4e the Empire had Dwarfs.
Who dressed like Brets.
>>
>>52138484
iirc Cymoril was his cousin
so that doesn't really count
>>
File: Neat.jpg (28KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
Neat.jpg
28KB, 500x491px
>>52141000
>>
>>52134687
Not explicitly, it got just its contact cut off from the rest of the holds when the mountain shifting happened

It now is the dwarf version of El Dorado
>>
>>52121949

6th ed is best ed
>>
>>52141000

Well, lots of Warhammer armies had that style of helmet. Old Grave Guard and Hammerers come to mind, probably more.
>>
File: Happy Orc.png (84KB, 218x295px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Orc.png
84KB, 218x295px
Ugh lads... I have 3 failcast Warrior Priests to clean, straighten and fix with green stuff. Just fucking kill me now.
>>
>>52143799
Damn, sorry to hear.

At least you aren't sitting on 30 Raging Heroes Mantis Warriors though.
>>
Can someone please explain to me how cannons work in WFB? (extra points if you explain trebuchets assuming they are different)
>>
File: 1470142132225.png (789KB, 1196x1453px) Image search: [Google]
1470142132225.png
789KB, 1196x1453px
>>
>>52121949

People have spammed 6th, for good reason because it is the best 'mass battle' edition, but give 3rd a go.

3rd edition is a much smaller game and was kind of like a small warband. Great for narrative games where you want to be a mercenary captain or something and some village has paid you to defend them.

Watch some Shadow of the Horned Rat, that game pretty much summed up 3rd for me.

Also a shout out for 2nd, all the scenario books for that edition were great.
>>
>>52143952

I'll take it they're a mess as well?

I had a failcast Thunder Warrior yesterday, fuck me, the worst bubbling I have ever seen. Pretty much had to reconstruct the inside of his legs with green stuff.
>>
>>52144721

In 8th edition you pick a point in front of the unit you want to hit and roll a special artillery dice. This dice was a D6 with 2" 4" 6" 8" 10" and a 'misfire symbol'. The number you roll determines how many inch inline with the cannon the shot has moved from the point you picked. You then roll it again to see how far it bounces and everything it passes through is hit.

That probably sounds confusing but it's had to describe without a diagram.

Oh, and if you get a misfire on the first roll the cannon has goofed and could explode. A misfire on the second roll means the shot has stuck in the ground and doesn't bounce.
>>
>>52132483
Another thing to remember about Dwarfs are that they have Chaos and Norse varieties, which adds more variation than most factions.
>>
>>52148660
not that guy but
basically it equates to firing 10 back from a single unit and hoping for the ball to land before slightly and bounce through the suckers and makes your enemies monsters shed tears
>>
>>52148497
Not Failcast, but they're very brittle. Easy to destroy.
>>
tfw just missed out on a forgeworld fire dragon for under 40 dollars because of an autobidder :|
>>
>>52149546
Damn, that sucks dude. I really wanted to get that at some point but I could just never afford it.
>>
File: dragonp6.jpg (85KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
dragonp6.jpg
85KB, 800x680px
>>52149620
I was going to greenstuff a seating arrangement and put karl on it as the imperial dragon anon
alas it wasn't meant to be. I suppose this is divine providence that I should finish my damn greatswords
>>
>>52149666
Nice try, Satan.

But yeah, finish your models and post em here. Still, that's one fine dragon. A dragon model that actually fits the lore and art rather than the super skinny ones that High Elves and Dark Elves have.
>>
>>52149666

There's always the Carmine Dragon.

On a related note, it looks like the Magma Dragon has bit the dust on the FW site.
>>
>>52149698
exactly anon, I too hate the design of all the other 'order' dragons, and that ones out of production.

anyway here is some heroic chap I'm working on to rally my broken morale

>>52149715
I noticed that it's outgrown it's holdings on fw, I don't hate the carmine dragon but man the fire dragon is huge.
>>
File: Count's Champion.jpg (426KB, 2123x795px) Image search: [Google]
Count's Champion.jpg
426KB, 2123x795px
>>52149760
Pretty decent. Hope to see him when he's finished. Here's mine. I use my models for WFRP now, so I made half of my Greatswords Carroburg and the other half Averland. Because Averland has the best colours.
>>
File: 99811466017_Smaug01.jpg (41KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99811466017_Smaug01.jpg
41KB, 600x620px
>>52149760

What's you budget?
>>
File: 1478653767360.png (4KB, 237x203px) Image search: [Google]
1478653767360.png
4KB, 237x203px
>>52149826
>>dragon
>>
>>52149789
thanks anon, as I've been foolish enough to want and try blackened metal on this one unit I've still got to painstakingly use ardcoat in several layers to give the armour the right pop. After this guys done only 15 to go. Including command.

I really like your scroll, though. was that a greenstuff enterprise of yours?

I was pretty impressed with how this guy of mine is turning out, he is conversion for a Witch Hunter as I couldn't track down a model I liked.
He has an empire steam tank pilot body, engineer gun/holstered pistol, empire greatsword champion left arm and holstered blade. along with a prodigous amount of green stuff and bits of plastic which I converted a greatswords dapper hat into the pilgrim style.

>>52149826
hah a valid point anon. However I try and get my plastic crack as cheap as possible so I don't have to budget around it.
>>
File: 2000pts.pdf (4KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
2000pts.pdf
4KB, 1x1px
>>52115118
Got a 2000pts list here, what do we think? Will it hold up well?
>>
File: sound-death.jpg (18KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
sound-death.jpg
18KB, 200x200px
>>52149918

> 180 zombies.

Right, I never want to hear that Fantasy needed too many models ever again.
>>
File: Priestess of Shallya.jpg (418KB, 815x1837px) Image search: [Google]
Priestess of Shallya.jpg
418KB, 815x1837px
>>52149891
The scroll is from the Flagellant set but the wax seal is blue tac that was pushed onto a twin tailed comet, also from the same set, then painted dark red. The idea behind it was the Elector Count had signed your death warrant but would let you make a fight of it. Y'know, with a champion armed with a Runefang.

I like him too, the moustache is pretty balling, though I'm not too keen on the pose for his left arm. Have you tried other poses or arms? I do a fair bit of chopping, shaving and positioning to get a good angle for otherwise unwieldy pieces, such as the picture attached. It's from the Wizard set and the arm would wrap around the front and hold over the book which looked weird, so I shaved it down and covered up the open areas with blue tac.

Still, I really like his black armour. Very gothic. I'd want to try that out when I get a new place and can settle down to do some painting again.
>>
>>52149546
If its something you really want, just decide what the maximum you'd be willing to pay for it is then hope for the best. Removes the sense of regret.
>>
File: rpr77279.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rpr77279.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>52149760
Reaper Bones Narthrax is honestly one of the best dragons you can buy. Great pose, fun to paint, good scale. Just gotta cut the back spikes to get a guy on its back. He's only $16, but some sites you can get him cheaper.
>>
File: post-13938-0-97017600-1433359009.jpg (156KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
post-13938-0-97017600-1433359009.jpg
156KB, 1200x750px
>>52150245
Here he is in scale with another Reaper mini, a Valkyrie I think, that I know is in scale with GW minis.
>>
>>52149966
oh fantastic anon, I haven't gotten any flagellants in my armies. Good use for certain.

As for the posing, the left arm is actually sitting as low as it can go, even with some tactical shaving. it's not apparent I guess but he has a brace of pistols on his thigh under the sword

>>52150232
>>52150245
>>52150264
pretty neat ideas anons, thanks. will certainly keep him in mind
>>
>>52148660
>>52149377
Thank you so much! Is it the same for trebuchets?
>>
File: Robot mouthfucker.jpg (95KB, 245x282px) Image search: [Google]
Robot mouthfucker.jpg
95KB, 245x282px
>>52149850
>I'm a mental midget who thinks D&D decides the anatomy of a dragon
>>
File: IMG_5372.jpg (168KB, 639x583px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5372.jpg
168KB, 639x583px
Postan' some good Dwarf miniature Kickstarters.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/822163699/dwarven-gold-fever

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1636851747/atlantis-miniatures-28mm-dwarf-miniatures
>>
File: IMG_5373.jpg (258KB, 700x930px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5373.jpg
258KB, 700x930px
>>52154755
>>
>>52154363
Why not? It decided what most of the rest of Games Workshop is!
Also in Warhammer the same difference exists. See the Orc mounts.
>>
>>52154363
who was mentioning Gygax related product?
>>
>>52155313
The ghost of Steve Jackson.
>>
>>52115118
Say, I'm gming for a party of beastmen players and they are about to launch raids in Athel Loren and the nearby mountains. What quality of equipment can be expected in the Dwarven and Elven military?
>>
>>52155740
Dwarves have cannons, guns, and big ass hammers. Knife Ears have bows and fancy pointy sticks.
>>
>>52155782
I said quality, I'm already fully aware of the general equipment they will wield.
>>
>>52115118
I just recently learned of 9th age.

Is it good? I liked 6, and 7th. Loved 8th edition.
>>
>>52115118
Man I love me some stormcast eternals in seraphon. Oh fuck wrong thread, sorry my dudes
>>
>>52155833
I think Old World Armoury mentions that Dwarf craftsmanship is all Best Quality.
I'd take that with a pinch of salt myself if only because of the economic implications.
>>
File: Nice Bate.jpg (78KB, 680x649px) Image search: [Google]
Nice Bate.jpg
78KB, 680x649px
>>52155923
>>
>>52155985
All of Best Quality? The exact same book says that Best Quality everything costs 10x as much. No wonder you said to take that with a grain of salt. Hmm, how about this way:

>Human Armies:
Fodder: All equipment is poor.
Basic Troops: All equipment is common.
Elite Troops: Equipment is either Common or Good.
Leaders: Equipment is either Good or Best.

>Elves and Dwarves:
Fodder: Neither races use fodder type troops.
Basic Troops: Equipment is either Common or Good.
Elite Troops: Equipment is either Good or Best.
Leaders: Equipment is always Best.
>>
>>52155864

It's a very well made set of rules inline with Warhammer and they take balance very seriously.

If you loved 8th edition then you will probably like the 9th Age since 8th was it's foundation.

At the moment it's still in beta, so everything can change but it's probably the closest successor to Warhammer.
>>
>>52156241
thank you anon, I don't want to get my hopes up but this sounds great.
>>
>>52156345
Its changing. Get the last version for 8e fixed.

New one is more like 4e.
>>
>>52156345

I really respect how seriously they're taking rules development but I don't think they're fixing many of the problems that I felt 8th edition had. I would have liked them to get the number of troops needed in a regiment under control.

If you play Empire you're still going to need hundreds of soldiers.
>>
>>52156368

Do you mean the version after 1.3 is going to be more like 4th edition? How so?
>>
Reminder that end times is canon
>>
>>52156533
Point value change. The average game size became 4k instead of 2.5k, but model point cost increased more than accordingly so there's less models on the field unless its a horde army.

They want to move it more to being a successor than a direct repair job since the repair job version of T9A was already finished. They added a few options to some armies matching Fantasy lore that never had rules like Dwarf golems and the Thunderbarge.
>>52156966
Only to AoS. To WFB its as canon as SoC and WAR.
>>
>>52115118

For my WE army I'm thinking about converting some of The Hobbit miniatures, since some of them simply look gorgeous (expecially the Galadhrim as Eternal Guards.)

Has someone got a size comparison between WH and LotR miniatures? Would the difference be too jarring?
>>
>>52157701
The LotR minis are truescale 25mm while the Fantasy ones are heroic scale 28mm. They'll look weird if you mix them, especially hands and heads. If you make your army just out of LotR minis the scale thing shouldn't be too bad, they'll just look small compared to other armies.
>>
>>52157701
I don't have one on hand, but GW is heroic scale 28mm. That means its stylized, so WH mini proportions are odd.

LotR are actually in proportion. The Hobbit Dwarf minis for example look like very skinny Halflings rather than Dwarfs when put alongside GW minis.

You may be able to get away with it for Elves. Moria Goblins more likely. The rest would be odd if your group use primarily new GW models. In my community there's so much proxying and use of new and old minis its not so noticeable though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TcmUGIL2TVQ
>>
File: Grail_Pilgrims.png (503KB, 767x684px) Image search: [Google]
Grail_Pilgrims.png
503KB, 767x684px
So I did some reading on the Warhammer wiki, and I noticed something - Grail Chapels are usually just guarded by a Grail Knight or occasionally staffed by a Damsel, but sometimes there are actually Grail Pilgrims in there.

This is probably the closest thing that the Lady gets to a priesthood, at least for the common masses of peasants. And of course it's the crazy, somewhat charismatic preachers with broken weapons and carrying dead men around.
>>
>>52159759
Peasants don't get to worship the lady.
The lady probably doesn't mind them doing so, but the knights VERY much do.
>>
>>52161530

then who are grail pilgrims?
>>
can i get some Thorgrim Grudgebearer memes? my friend has recently gotten into warhammer and i want to make him a get well soon card
>>
>>52162065
Peasants who worship knights and surreptitiously the lady.

Knights don't get it, and therefore leave it alone.
>>
>>52161530
They just don't get to pray to her before battles because they're unchivalrous. They tend to call on her at other times.

I don't think Bretonnia would survive if peasants didn't worship the Lady - then there's no almost divine mandate to emphasize their role and minor benefits, just everything focusing on knightly benefits.
>>
File: 1487981066500.jpg (178KB, 254x478px) Image search: [Google]
1487981066500.jpg
178KB, 254x478px
>>52162100
Belegar>Thorgrim
>>
File: 1477421691133.jpg (739KB, 1440x1248px) Image search: [Google]
1477421691133.jpg
739KB, 1440x1248px
>>52162289
>claiming to be greater than the High King
>the last of his line pup who can't even beat up a few gobbi
>>
>>52162289
thank you, that's the exact image i as looking for

is there any funny image with "THAT'S A GRUDGE"?
>>
>>52162254
There's a bit in the RPG 2e Bretonnia book that says that the peasants worship the lady too, it's sort of implied the Lady even gives blessings to the peasantry (Good harvests, protects young boys and girls from dangers of the forest, and other such things). Indeed when grail knights go into towns they're surrounded by peasants who want to merely touch the knight, hoping that a bit of blessing will rub off.
>>
File: 1479222987600.jpg (386KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
1479222987600.jpg
386KB, 800x799px
>>52162380
Sort of?
>>
>>52162100
>>
File: 1482582676577.jpg (976KB, 1436x1227px) Image search: [Google]
1482582676577.jpg
976KB, 1436x1227px
>>52162408
That's actually rather sweet in its own way, and helps things make sense - the peasants feel blessed in Bretonnia, even if they don't get much freedom. As long as they and theirs can survive, they probably don't mind oppression from the top, as long as the King and his knights remain strong and mostly just. The spiritual aspect helps explain why peasants allow the things that happen to happen.
>>
File: 1485268648351.jpg (420KB, 1680x735px) Image search: [Google]
1485268648351.jpg
420KB, 1680x735px
>>
You know, I always wondered.

Like, dwarves will burn down a city if someone shorted a dwarf 4 coppers a hundred years ago (Well, Thorgrim has stopped that, but still).

But what if a dwarf fucked over a human?
Like what if I, as a human, show up to a dwarf hold and say "X of Clan Y fucked my great great grandfather over in a trade deal, and I have come to collect. Either his kneecaps or what I'm owed", do they pay up, or do they kick out the human?
>>
>>52153097

It's similar. In Fantasy and 40K you had a 'small blast' template which was a 3 inch circle with a hole in the middle. You place the template over an enemy model and roll the above mentioned artillery dice with a scatter dice, which was a D6 covered in 4 arrows and 2 'hit' symbols.

The scatter dice shows you which direction it moves and the artillery dice shows you how many inch. Of course, if you get a hit symbol it doesn't move at all and lands where you wanted it to.

The model under the hole takes multiple hits at a very high strength value, usually strength 9 (10 is the highest), to represent them getting hit by the object. The ones covered by the rest of the template take a strength 3 hit. Just like the cannons, if you roll a misfire when determining scatter something has gone wrong and it could explode (somehow).

The Dwarf stone thrower was a fucking beast because the Rune of Accuracy meant it nearly always landed where you wanted it.
>>
>>52162659

Actually, looking at the book now it doesn't explode but it can destroy itself on a misfire.

You can tell I'm an Empire player, nobody got time for that lake nigger trebuchet shit.
>>
>>52162597
If you can prove that it happened, and if you don't invoke a grudge through inappropriate behavior, the dwarfs will honor it.

There's no crime more horrific in dwarfen society than oath-breaking.
>>
>>52162482
To their credit, Grail Knights are also human paragons of virtue, courage, and honor. They're literally living saints.
>>
>>52161530
This is incorrect and outdated lore, please stop repeating incorrect things from Arch Warhammer.
>>
>>52162065
Fanatic peasants who follow a Grail Knight as a living agent of the Lady of the Lake, enamored with a brush with what they consider real divinity.
>>
File: Eltharion_VS_Shadowblade.jpg (137KB, 941x845px) Image search: [Google]
Eltharion_VS_Shadowblade.jpg
137KB, 941x845px
Hunting down OOP models for anything approaching a decent price is tough. Sure is fucking great that I already have a half dozen WHFB armies and I'm sort of interested in more.

Good thing I waited until after it was destroyed to look into them.
>>
>>52162961

Some are worse now than they were in 8th edition.

If you want the last metal Dwarf engineers you can't get them for love nor money. The 6th edition ones (which I think look pretty good still) are twice their RRP.
>>
>>52163000
Almost every WHFB novel I've seen that's OOP is crazy expensive as well if you want them new and undamaged. I know you can find them all in the OP but I personally prefer to have the physical book in my hands when reading it. It feels better to me. Not "spend hundreds of dollars on one book" better, but still.

I'm glad I at least got every Dark Elf model I wanted long ago, before they even switched to failcast and before ET.
>>
File: Macha hmm.jpg (76KB, 378x377px) Image search: [Google]
Macha hmm.jpg
76KB, 378x377px
What happens to infertile dwarfen women?
>>
>>52163819

They adopt orphans.
>>
>>52162838
That's true, and it probably helps - they can look up at their nobles and go 'these guys are literally better than us,' where in the Empire it varies as much as with most people.

But I still feel like, Grail Knights aside, there'd be more peasant revolts if there wasn't a mix of piety and general acceptance keeping peasantry in line, along with them getting at least something when they can't build stone houses, don't really get much freedom to travel, and don't even get to keep most of what they farm.
>>
>>52163578

Unfortunately the OP is missing quite a few Fantasy novels.
>>
>>52163840
>there'd be more peasant revolts
I can honestly never get this line of thought. The knights of Bretonnia have an honest to goodness Goddess explicitly backing them. A fucking divine being that happens to be one of, if not *the most* active one of the bunch, and she's been shown to give less than zero fucks about peasants and their plight. Her maidens and representatives have access to magic, the knights she favors have access to blessings and the ones that prove themselves worthy may very well be some of the most powerful warriors in fantasy. Peasant revolts aren't gonna get very far in my opinion and I don't see any way for them to be successful without some serious and determined outside mortal and divine help.
>>
>>52164635
I'm not saying that any of them would necessarily succeed, or even win any battles. But if the peasants are getting shit for their service beyond a vague idea of protection - which is also being used to keep them down - I could imagine plenty of peasants rioting and trying to form revolutions just because life sucks and even if they fail, death couldn't possibly be worse than their shitty lives - especially if there was a famine or a plague or something else like that. Basically think like how real-world medieval peasants rioted when things were shitty because that was the only way they could let the people in charge know they were unhappy.

But if we want success, maybe some corrupt lords could see a chance to carve out their own realm, or greedy knights could see a chance to get vengeance on rivals. And unchivalrous peasants would be far more willing to use guerrilla tactics and make use of archers and perhaps even import/crudely scrap together trebuchets or guns/cannons. You might even be able to justify a few hedge wizards.
>>
File: 1488428697966.jpg (420KB, 1680x735px) Image search: [Google]
1488428697966.jpg
420KB, 1680x735px
>>52162100
>>
File: 1481391839665.jpg (90KB, 344x474px) Image search: [Google]
1481391839665.jpg
90KB, 344x474px
>>
File: 1488722381522.png (181KB, 777x650px) Image search: [Google]
1488722381522.png
181KB, 777x650px
>>
File: 1488986715696.jpg (439KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488986715696.jpg
439KB, 1920x1080px
>>52162289
>>
File: 1473290084589.jpg (149KB, 846x846px) Image search: [Google]
1473290084589.jpg
149KB, 846x846px
>>52165464
>We were just about to have a feast!
>After you scrub all the floors in Bretonnia!
>>
>>52165464

Anymore /v/ memes?
>>
hey lads, heap of old high elf and orc models on ebay for 15 dollars atm

somone better make use of them
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LARGE-LOT-OF-PAINTED-AND-UNPAINTED-PLASTIC-WARHAMMER-FIGURES-/322449510469?hash=item4b137d1045:g:uYgAAOSw4A5YxKVL
>>
>>52166562

Cool find. I'm in the UK and already have quite a few of those 4th edition models.

I actually think the 4th edition High Elf archers look better than the last ones they made. They have these weird blow job lips though.

Considering how expensive Warhammer is down under I hope somebody local gets them.
>>
>>52163819
George Doors show me your whores
>>
File: 1462844238573.jpg (392KB, 940x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1462844238573.jpg
392KB, 940x1447px
Did anyone ever try to convert or art living Tomb Kings?
>>
>>52168336
I remember someone building a living nehekarian army, I don't think he did too many constructs
for the art we have official
>>
File: The_Feels.jpg (574KB, 733x860px) Image search: [Google]
The_Feels.jpg
574KB, 733x860px
Cry about what could have been /WFG/
>>
>>52168573
no dude GW wants the capeshit audience and most importantly suck Archaons cock some more.
>>
How do the free companies/mercenaries work in Empire? My players are interested in buying the license
>>
>>52169055
That's true. Shit taste ruined Warhammer.
>>
>>52163819
Are there any, aside from some kind of menopause perhaps?

Dwarf women only give birth about once a decade and only 10% of children born are female. So they have enough struggles.

If a dwarf girl was unable to concieve, I guess she'd be free to do whatever she wanted with her life and kind of stand outside the normal order of things. She would probably be seen as very sadly disabled and pitied, so she may try to find a husband and raise orphans or marry a widower and raise his kids?

She certainly isn't worth her weight in gold anymore though.
>>
>>52163819
>>52169820
They're likely the best candidates for female slayers around. Human women have a hard enough time coping when they find out they can't breed so imagine what the women from an entire race of autists are likely to feel when faced with that.
>>
>>52169616
It appears almost anyone can simply declare themselves a sellsword, though different places have different laws about carrying arms and selling force. I expect in a lot of places, you need to pay a bri- er, buy a license from the local guilds, burghomeister, or ruling noble. Presumably then you have certain privileges within their territory.
>>
>>52169901
That makes me want to do that as an NPC. It would probably shock/confuse humans, but be perfectly understandable to a dwarf and perhaps even an elf.
>>
>>52169616
Free companies in the 8th edition Empire book are just a catch all for unaligned fighting force under the current elector count: militias, irregular troops, mercenaries from the border lands, pirates and brigands. In the army books they are a unreliable muster for times of war; men not tied to the land or other duties. You are best to look up what fluff from dogs of war or the RPG books, as what you seem to be asking they would not be too dissimilar to state troops in combat as free companies in the book mechanically tend to be dredges of society rather than a professional or regular force i.e. the poor or hired thugs rather then groups from the border lands.

Looking at history mercenaries tend to be from different countries or regions attracted to areas of conflict by the prospects of glory, loot, and occasionally ideology. So easy ways to form a group would be to go to an area that is consistently in conflict and ply them; I have no clue how the empire handles chartered or named groups; getting a status that isn't just some form of rebels or Ne'er–do–wells should probably best be decided by you as most fluff isn't about Imperial law about X, it is stuff like the Knight Panthers were famous at the defense of Y.
>>
>>52164635
Even if we say the lady is 100% okay with the knights murdering every single peasant in Bretonnia, there's a couple factor that should be considered.
Marienburg and the Empire for one.
The peasants are not just the primary wealth generators and providers of surplus labour, they are the ONLY wealth generators, they handle everything from crop growing to trade policy, with the knights skimming off the top what they want.
If the peasants withhold funds they can purchase arms and allies from across the grey mountains easy as pie, if not just straight up allow themselves to be annexed by the Empire in return for military support. (Guess what's going to happen to Bretonnia if just one elector count decides to put his full arsenal behind the entire peasant population? Bretonnia is going down. Hard)

Further, not only do the noble class not grow their own food, they don't cook. They don't know how, and even if they did know how they wouldn't do it.
Which means that assuming a peasant revolt the knights will have to survive off their larders, and as soon as those run out they will LITERALLY STARVE IN FIELDS FILLED WITH CROPS.

Then there's logistic matters.
Who is going to maintain their arms and armor, and horses?
All that's done by peasants. They're going to have to demote half the knights to squires, which is an on again off again proposition as to whether that's even a thing in Bretonnia.
Who's going to crew their ships? The entire fleet will be peasant armed.

Sure they might win at the end, but at that point half of them will have starved, the entire country will be bankrupt twice over, they can't rebuild anything for generations, and the Greenskin will be looking to take advantage at this point.

And that's not even counting the fact that a good portion of the remaining half will have been impaled on pitchforks.
>>
>>52171443
Shit, not to forget, their fucking harvest will fail for a couple years AFTER the revolt too, meaning either the knights starve to death, or whatever peasants you've got left starve. Which means that either way this is not over.
>>
>>52134097
Hold the fuck up.

If shorting someone 4 coppers is a grudge that goes in the book ready to be used to justify mass murder, what the fuck happens with this one?
He STOLE their money, AND he insulted their princess, AND he disrespected 100 years of trade relationship.
>>
>>52162706
>gunpowdercucks put their faith in rocket launchers instead of a good ol' trebuchet
>>
>>52171584
Depends on the king. Same with the 4 coppers thing - as the dwarfs saw it, they did not receive payment and it was their right to repossess (destroy) the castle.

Likely an insult like that would start a devastating, cwnturies-long feud, though.
>>
>>52171708
Don't all grail knights literally get cucked by the lady?
>>
>>52126085
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Wren

tell him that
>>
>>52171958
No?

The only one I can think of that the Lady showed any hint of romantic or sexual feeling towards was the current king, who allegedly got a coy kiss and way more Grail juice than usual.
>>
>>52169055
Why are Everchosens of Chaos always the shittiest characters and setting elements?
>>
>>52169901
Dwarfs value age.
Menopause means best female.
>>
>>52171584
How to pursue Grudges depends 100% on the Dwarf.

The only thing they cannot do is forgive. They have to exact some kind of justice, but labeling the prince a cunt and increasing tarrifs until the debt is paid would work. Or genocide.

Its up to the oldest/highest ranked Dwarf involved how to proceed. The rest obey no matter the decision.
>>
>>52174190
They are boring. Their goal is dull, and they have to be fluffed as Da Best to justify their plot which makes them a Sue. GW wants you to buy their model, so they also have to lack any major flaws and their character growth is just getting stronger and more emo.
>>
File: 1-a479d9293d.jpg (561KB, 903x1225px) Image search: [Google]
1-a479d9293d.jpg
561KB, 903x1225px
Is there an archive of every GW model released to date?
Would really love to have a dig for some older stuff I probably forgot existed
>>
>>52175089
Two. A lost minis wiki and an archive of their catalogs.

This one is incomplete.

http://www.solegends.com/citadel/

This one is better.

http://www.solegends.com/citadel/catindex.htm
>>
>>52175136
Thanks a bunch
>>
>>52168573

Just another reason FW should bring it back as a specialist game.
>>
>>52174516
Menopause, sure. Older lady dwarves tend to have a place on a council, which really helps keep dwarves from arguing.

But a young, marriageable female who is proven infertile, and has to watch her husband tear his beard out because the marriage he worked so hard for will never produce him a heir? It's enough to drive one to take the Slayer oath.
>>
>>52176177
Fair point. Not that different from the logic of taking the Slayer Oath because your son killed himself via Giant to free you from the Slayer Oath.
>>
>>52176177
>>52176297
Honestly, I could see a female dwarf who never has any children before hitting menopause taking the oath too.
>>
>>52176177
>Two young dwarfs very much in love actually get to marry

>Everyone grumbles how lucky they are

>But something's wrong

>No matter how hard he tries, he can't seem to get her with child

>Eventually, a Priestess of Valaya confirms the worst: she's infertile.

>They still love one another, but his clan is angered, and relations between the families grow chilly.

>The stress of being torn between kin and love and varying oaths is tearing him apart.

>She decides to cut the Gordian knot, and one day vanishes.

>He pursues her to the edge of the world, only to find out she's taken the Slayer Oath.

>Horrified and blaming himself, he too takes the oath.

>If he can't live beside his love, he'll damn well die beside her.
>>
File: 1461165965049.jpg (132KB, 1163x815px) Image search: [Google]
1461165965049.jpg
132KB, 1163x815px
>>
>>52176177
Oh man, yeah, if they didn't find out until after the marriage that would be quite stressful for all involved. Wives are massive investments and take a lot of effort and money to acquire, one "broken" so badly... ouch. Of course, accusing the other party of "selling a broken wife" would just make a mess.

Definitely story material here.
>>
>>52177106
PUT A RUNE ON 'HER WOMB!
>>
File: 1461802006059.png (229KB, 1990x810px) Image search: [Google]
1461802006059.png
229KB, 1990x810px
>Tfw you manage to snag an old OOP metal model still in box

Good feel. Wish I hadn't waited so long to start up Vampire Counts.
>>
>>52181529
I have gotten a few, one an old Thorgrim. But I don't wanna open it.
>>
> Just when you thought AoS couldn't get any worse.

It's not Fantasy but comedy now.

At least I can get my hands on a Dwarfen airship now I suppose, with some conversion of course.
>>
File: 14546280471290.png (52KB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
14546280471290.png
52KB, 286x400px
>>52184049
I start collecting good looking squats.
>>
>>52184049
Wait, what? Is the new Made To Irder announced?

Also, WFB Dwarfs had an airship, just no official model. Look up Thunderbarge.
>>
>>52184352
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/15/a-new-race-descends-on-the-mortal-realms/
Not!squats
>>
>>52184423
Huh.

Not bad, but not good. Too fucking steampunk to be useful, the irondrakes were already pushing it.

The skyships are neat, but there's too many better proxies on the market that will no doubt be half the price. No way that kit is less than $60. A fucking Dark Eldar Raider is still cheaper to convert, and less steampunk garbage.
>>
>>52184423
It's honestly almost, almost a little cool. Very over the top, but I could see the conversion material to Demiurg in 40k if one so wished, or to spruce up some dwarves.

What is with GW lately and trying to have factions completely encased in armor?
>>
>>52184496

What alternatives are there? I have to admit most of that stuff will be useless to us, the large ship just looks too steampunk for my taste.

>>52184503

I can see the use of them as Squats but they're just so far removed from all the other factions. They look so out of place.
>>
>>52184503
>What is with GW lately and trying to have factions completely encased in armor?

When your sculptors can't avoid uncanny valley to save their life, only let them make things that are supposed to be creepy or cartoonish. For all else, cover up.

Nah, I'm joking. Its because newbies find it far easier to paint and stick a decal on. Literally the Space Marine effect. Or Tau for that matter.
>>
File: 181.jpg (289KB, 1198x1452px) Image search: [Google]
181.jpg
289KB, 1198x1452px
>>52184545
>What alternatives are there?
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?entry/3643-miniatures-grudge-buster/

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?entry/1390-miniatures-steam-copters/

There's a few more coming out soon too.

I still say the old Gyrocopters and the new Gyrobomber are great though. New Gyrocopter is crappy looking, but the long body makes it work as the -bomber.
>>
>>52184547

It's just a childish obsession with having every solider be covered head to toe in armour, even though this has been a rare occurrence historically.

I mean, not to get into a 'when did X become prettier than X meme', but seriously this has to stop somewhere or even the most basic state troop will be like a knight from Agincourt.
>>
>>52184587

I'm planning to cut the bombs of and use it as a normal copter, it looks a bit more like it would actually fly that way.

I'll probably cut the rivets off as well and pretend that front is stretched canvas or something.
>>
>>52184627
Post pics when you're done if you'd be so kind, I'd like to see that.
>>
File: bbbb-4.jpg (875KB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
bbbb-4.jpg
875KB, 3648x2736px
>>52184642

Will do. But for now, here's an artists impression.
>>
>>52184806
Huh. You're right, that is better.

I don't know what GW was thinking with those zip car copters. You could just throw pontoons on that if you wanted the space filled.
>>
File: gw-hq-sigmar.jpg (52KB, 408x469px) Image search: [Google]
gw-hq-sigmar.jpg
52KB, 408x469px
>>52184049
>>52184195
>>52184352
>>52184423
>>52184496
>>52184503
>>52184547
>>52184605
>>52184627
>GW gave sigmar better dwarves
>better bring it up in the fantasy thread that asks specificly for no AOS

It's just further proof that the fantasy community was toxic and deserved to die. Can't even stop looking for things to throw a tantrum about long enough to keep the thread clean.
>>
File: 1487605626893.jpg (386KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
1487605626893.jpg
386KB, 800x799px
>>52184859

> Better Dwarves.

IT'S FUCKING DWARFS YOU MONGOLOID!
>>
File: 1474374234897.jpg (2MB, 1149x811px) Image search: [Google]
1474374234897.jpg
2MB, 1149x811px
>>52184859
I get it, it's dumb to bring it up and the whole thread is full of salty folks who are hating on the new things.

But the threads have been mostly clean for several threads now, without near as much AoS shitposting as there used to be. And at least with this thing you could argue about it's viability for bringing back into WFB, if you so chose.
>>
>>52184859
We're talking about models to use in Warhammer, not the game.

Fucks sake, I don't see you getting after me when I tell people to use Raging Heroes proxies for Daemonettes. That's its own game too.
>>
>>52184922
The ships yeah. Those Dwarfs look like steampunk stuff, amd steampunk is shit.

But yeah. The airships are cool but honestly I'd consider buying one if its $40 for those tanks on the back to make my Bugman's Brewery stills.
>>
File: AUIzeMk.jpg (185KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
AUIzeMk.jpg
185KB, 873x627px
Does anyone find it strange that instead of tidying up the current Dwarfs range they decided to release another army?

The more things go on I think they're reluctant to touch the old WHFB range that remains, could mean they have plans for it.
>>
>>52185073
Why make new Orks or plastic SoB when Tau mechs and new factions like Adeptus sell well?

Its GW logic.
>>
File: 1461942994602.jpg (752KB, 2048x1319px) Image search: [Google]
1461942994602.jpg
752KB, 2048x1319px
>>52185073
It's probably just marketing - more exciting to say 'a new thing' than 'a reboot of an old thing.' You could also wow with new designs and ideas. I feel sorry for the design team, they must be continually worked to death, and to produce stuff that seems entirely new instead of strongly based on the old!

But anyway, for an actual WFB question - what the heck do Lizardmen eat? Do they actually farm?
>>
>>52185646

Judging by their technological development, they appear to be hunter-gatherers.

I would imagine the jungles of Lustria would provide ample things to eat but they probably don't farm crops.
>>
>>52185646

I feel sorry for them because the brief is just 'make something different, not better'.
>>
>>52185646
>what the heck do Lizardmen eat?
they hunt
lustria is a big place full of big stuff to eat
not considering intruders
>>
>>52168573

This is what happens when you complain and don't buy, despite more than enough of the models being serviceable. FW literally stopped production of some models and closed down Warhammer Forge all together because it wasn't bringing in enough money.

>>52185073

Because the old Dwarf range is a faction in of itself.

>>52185646

>and to produce stuff that seems entirely new instead of strongly based on the old!

I don't see how you can seriously believe that people would be happy just constantly creating the same old shit over and over again with the inability to do anything new either because of lore restraints brought about stupid decisions done in the past or there being no justification for all the resources required to do a new army.

Though on the other hand there were Fantasyfags who screeched about everything new and thought that you could actually have a profitable business by rehashing the same shit everyone already owns, so the belief that creative types are desperately begging for the opportunity to be less creative would fit with their worldview.
>>
>>52185913

Try again.
>>
>>52185913
I'm pretty sure the creative team probably enjoys getting to flex their muscles, but the scale of it must be tough.
>>
File: Beastmen_Gors.png (864KB, 512x640px) Image search: [Google]
Beastmen_Gors.png
864KB, 512x640px
Is WFRP 3E legit bad or just "its different so it sucks" ?
>>
File: smug artillery man.jpg (170KB, 610x909px) Image search: [Google]
smug artillery man.jpg
170KB, 610x909px
>>52163819
I want to cuddle with a high elf female!
>>
>>52187499
And I want waifufags to leave. But we can't always have what we want.
>>
>>52186926
Yes
>>
>>52186926
I love it to death. It's imperfect, but certainly not bad by a long shot. It is definitely different though.

I think it does a great job of capturing the setting myself.
>>
>>52168573
Can anyone who've read Tamurkhan tell me if it's worth the read?
Nurgle fanboy asking.
>>
>>52185671
You can't have cities of thousands and be hunter gatherers, you'd deplete the surrounding area and starve.
>>
Skaven players: I'm new to old hammer (8th) and I have to ask how the fuck do I deal with these leadership scores? Is the only way to stop my entire army from running to have blocks of 100+? I feel like the rule of "panic after 25% unit lost in a single blow" means jezzels are a one one wound shared for the entire unit.

Also, are the wood elf twin heros bulls hit or am I just not prepping for them properly? I feel like I should be shitting on wood elves but every single elf has a bow.
>>
>>52188716
well I don't play skaven but I do play empire and bsb's and characters with high leadership/magic to give stubborn generally help massively to prevent routs/chain routes.
also if you are fighting worst elves. doomwheels?

the twins are pretty good but EXPENSIVE surely your 200000000 skaven siege weapons should be able to negate it's life in the first 3 turns?
>>
>>52188805
Problem was one would always survive, meaning the other would come back.
Skaven don't have much in the way of stubborn that dosnt end up costing half the unit in wounds, but I guess I should just huddle them around the general. I think the only large generals to give 18' are scream bell seers.
>>
>>52189184
if your general is in a unit it's sneaky but you can stack standard of discipline along with your generals inspiring)if they are in the same unit) to boost your generals inspiring by one ld:

as for the twins, your best bet is to get your killiest heros and engage them in melee with your ded killy things and just allocate the attacks evenly if you don't have enough destructive spell/shooting power to wipe them in a phase.

they are REALLY good though anon. I presume it's the great eagle mounted option?
Make sure to remember that with monstorous infantry you use the highest stat profiles. so in effect every shot that hits is randomised between each twin. the eagle cannot be hit/designated normally.
>>
>>52189345
Yea it's the great eagle and it's a fucking pain. Worse still skaven have very little in the way of callable heros, unless I can pray my hellpit abomination lumbers over fast enough.

Also didn't know that about monstrous mounts. We are both learning. Thanks
>>
File: 1485426380261.png (858KB, 1600x1597px) Image search: [Google]
1485426380261.png
858KB, 1600x1597px
>>52184859
>better
>Le ebin tophat funi gun moustache steampunk spess mehren dwarfs
>BETTER

Like your mother no doubt used to say about you, they're ugly, stupid, pointless, and a disappointment.
>>
>>52190290
here is a bit of an explanation I found for you in regards to the twins and targeting
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/aos-rules-help/216366-wood-elves-twilight-sisters-great-eagle.html
monstorous mounts are still monstorous, but the eagle is 'monstorous cavarly' which have the combined profile.

That's alright anon, hopefully you should have an easier time shooting it outa the sky if you've been randomising the wounds for 1/3 instead of 1/2
post pictures of your army?
>>
>>52190533
eat shit furfags, get arrowed
>>
>>52190533
Thanks again! Links pretty insightful. Army is a mismatch of shit right now. Alot unpainted (and admittedly, some back ranks are 3d printed for now), so a pic would be garbage.

>>52190916
>whocouldbebehindthispost.jpeg
>>
>>52185057
Get the tank, I'd get the ship and slap a real balloon on it. Deal ?
>>
>>52190916
Around elves, watch yoselves

>>52191043
haha, that sounds to me as if SOME of your stuff is painted, please do post a little. We are on an anonomous taiwanese elf cosplay forums afterall, what's the worst that could happen?
>>
File: a_skaven_by_mablox.jpg (83KB, 800x787px) Image search: [Google]
a_skaven_by_mablox.jpg
83KB, 800x787px
>>52187542

At least it not a Skaven.
>>
>>52188404

Lizardmen don't really live in cities though do they?

They may have a large ziggurat where they all meet but they live in the surrounding areas in small communes.
>>
>>52188716

You need to use your BSB more effectively, armies like these and Empire have a steep learning curve. Realistically you need blocks of 50.

I know it's hard to protect them but without it the army will melt faster than a chocolate fireguard. Don't skimp on protection for him, give him magic armour if you have to.

Use them to tar pit enemies and let all the weird and wonderful Skaven machines do the damage.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=20NpoQtr9n8&feature=youtu.be

So is mordheim back?
>>
>>52191527

Ugh God.

I knew they would fuck it.

That Necromunda half-arse looks shit as well. I knew it was a good idea to hang onto my metal Sisters of Sigmar.

Is it too much to ask for GW to actually try and stop using this as a fucking chance to offload models nobody wants.

Let me guess, BFG is now a ship boarding game. Come and get your SM Scouts er... I mean, Imperial Navy initiates!
>>
>>52191527
I don't think it's Mordheim. It says it's for more competitive players, which Mordheim definitely isn't.
>>
>>52191557
The terrain looks alright but I can build better for much, much cheaper. I agree with you on the off-loading poorly selling sculpts thing - no one wants to buy the scouts GW, fuck off. At least sculpt some awesome new modular plastic gangs you cunts. At least I still have my Cawdor and Redemptionists.
>>
>>52191557
I'm cautiously optimistic for it, for one it doesn't have the AoS brand so no sigmarines and two it specifically says it's taking place in the mortal realms so no I think that the setting will be more grounded instead of acid rock adventures through theme park land
>>
>>52191425
Their entire existence is built around their temple cities anon, up to and including lterally being born there in what is basically giant vats.

Even if we assumed they all immediately fucked off, leaving the temple-cities unmanned, the immediate area would still be utterly ravaged by the constant stream of thousands of lizardmen eating their way through the local fauna.
>>
>>52191527
We have no details but a name right now.

We'll see.
>>
>>52192551
Reading more I'm worried by the phrase 'ready for competitive play'

Looks like an infinity or warmachine poacher more than mordheim or necromunda
>>
>>52191413
what's up with approximately 90% of whf fapart being skaven?
Is vermintide that much more popular than Warhammer TW?
>>
>>52191527
>>52191956
>>52192551
"A new game from the mortal realms."

Mortal realms is Age of Sigmar. So it irrelevant to Warhammer Fantasy.
>>
>>52191982

There entire spiritual existence yes, but not their physical requirements. They don't all live in the temple and like a hospital you don't give birth and then move in.

Even if they were to live 20 or 30 miles away it would be a days walk.

I think we can assume they probably lived like Aztecs. A lot came from hunting but some minimal farming for tomatoes and such has been found.
>>
>>52193026
Most was pre-Vermintide, other than the cute Skaven girl stuff by the Japanese artist. e621 has all but one piece that I know of.
>>
>>52184423
disgusting tbqh
>>
File: 1487694468928.png (61KB, 533x602px) Image search: [Google]
1487694468928.png
61KB, 533x602px
Reminder that hard steampunk is for autist and double turns are fucking retarded RNG.
>>
File: 1437697853572.png (142KB, 699x622px) Image search: [Google]
1437697853572.png
142KB, 699x622px
>>52193026
I think it's mostly because WFB isn't all that appealing in terms of lewdness. There's no great cry for it, and not that many options for female characters even compared to 40k. Skaven probably get some draw from the furry community, but no one's really asking for lewds of the other factions.
>>
>pirate CK2 so I can try out Geheimnisnacht a little before deciding whether to drop £30 on the thing
>downloads are behind a registration wall linked to your key

Well, I guess I can't blame them.
I don't suppose anyone knows of a version uploaded elsewhere?
>>
>>52193426

I think it's that Fantasy attracted less autists.
>>
File: 1467607771471.jpg (326KB, 953x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1467607771471.jpg
326KB, 953x1280px
>>52193483
yer a wazzock, arry

https://mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow!ZgdhRSJJ
>>
>>52193491
And yet here I am.
>>
>>52184423
Disgusting.
>>
File: mordhiem_warhammer_by_wiggers123.jpg (381KB, 1000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
mordhiem_warhammer_by_wiggers123.jpg
381KB, 1000x1422px
>>52193510
Beautiful. Thanks.
>>
>>52193385
The problem is when steampunk is superficial, and is just a visual thing. It can work, like in Dishonored, but it translates poorly to tabletop games because you need to use the story to justify its use and that doesn't come out immediately for tabletops. Usually not at all, since only bigger games get novels.
>>
>>52193524
They are cashing in hard on that steampunk trash all the newfags have a hard on for.
Steam tanks and gyrocopters were kind of neat but they never overshadowed everything else in the armies.

Hell steam guns were kind of cool also.

This new shit is just ridiculous and unfeasible though.

High Fantasy is trash.
>>
>>52193557
Its basically confirming what I already suspected, the entire game is designed to synch with 40k in terms of appeal.

If AoS has good sale its not because people want to play AoS (though I have seen people playing it and had to force myself not to go "WHY! WHY YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!")

So many 40k players have mentioned using these guys as Squats or some sort of Imperial Guard.
>>
>>52193557
Steampunk is such a fucking meme aesthetic.
>>
>>52193592
The game is fine (Besides double turning)

I am just a huge lore buff and the lack of any lore is just a huge turn off.

People tell me that I just have not even bothered or tried to read what lore there is but it is fucking awful.
>>
>>52193557
To be fair, the last WFB Gyrocopters looked a little funky to me.
>>
>>52193627
I agree. I tried to give it a chance. I tried to clear my head and imagine it was a new multiverse setting in the vein of Planescape. But even by those standards it's trash.
>>
>>52193510
Thanks anon, wanted to get into this for a while.
>>
>>52193661
I never liked the concept of gyrocopters for dwarfs. They don't even like boats. If they needed some weird contraption, make it consistent with the mining theme, like a weaponized drilling machine or something.
>>
File: 1489573252865.png (58KB, 493x373px) Image search: [Google]
1489573252865.png
58KB, 493x373px
>>52193068

Considering their racial unity and leftover knowledge, it wouldn't surprise me if large colonies or protein rich insects to eat and fungus to farm without needing sun, with the occasional addition of dinosaur/mammal/fish meat and fruit.
>>
>>52193703
>>52193545
It's really great.

It may be the best WHF game there is.
>>
>>52193661

see

>>52184806
>>
>>52193510

That is one cool looking Dwarf.

Hammers and chainmail, not guns and space suits, okay.
>>
File: 1488847391109.png (49KB, 900x846px) Image search: [Google]
1488847391109.png
49KB, 900x846px
>>52194225
someone make it.
>>
>>52193557
High Fantasy can be great. Look at Spelljammer.

>>52193627
THIS.

I'd be fucking playing these rules, buyng new models, and bitching like I did in 7e and 8e if the story wasn't such trash.
>>
>>52193721
It does make sense logistically for mountainfolk to use them for things. But you're right in that considering there's only one ethnic group who likes sailing how every Hold can find Dwarfs willing to fly let alone excited for it. Makes more sense if all Gyros came from Zhufbar or Karaz-a-karak and were assigned to Holds for the purpose of uniting the race.
>>
>>52193767
I don't even care for Lizardmen and that image made me happy to see.
>>
>>52193068
>Some minimal farming
>Aztecs

The Aztecs had a revolutionary fucking mastery of agriculture.
They lived in jungle, forest, swamp, marshland, and surrounded by lakes, and outproduced Europeans in terms of calories per square foot.

They literally build islands to farm lakes, they had terrace farming. They had hanging fucking gardens dude.

>There entire spiritual existence yes, but not their physical requirements. They don't all live in the temple and like a hospital you don't give birth and then move in.

You're not getting this dude.
They have temple cities from whence their entire civilization springs population and all.
Like, even if we assume that only like 1 guy stays behind to do the actual maintenance, thousands stream through the temple cities day after day after day.
And they all have to hunt the wild life in the area.
It is functionally equivalent to a city surviving by hunting, which isn't possible.
>>
>>52194686

Dude you literally....

like dude....

dude I can't even...

Do you have to write like that?
>>
>>52194737
I used one dude, two likes and no ellipses. Bearing that in mind your complaint seems pretty retarded.
>>
>>52194906
Wait, shit. I used two dudes.

Pardon that my dude, I wasn't like looking too closely... you know?
Like I couldn't even comprehend that the number was even dude, like... dude.
>>
>>52194922
douche
>>
>>52194929
Deutsch?
>>
>>52194929

Well that wasn't me but you sounded a bit annoying with the space cake shit.
>>
>>52194964
not him, just found that guy to be a douche
>>
>>52193721
It does kind of make sense though - it's far easier to fly over the mountains, you can use gyrocopters to carry messages and even supplies, and they have miners and their hand drills for the digging theme anyway. It's actually nice to get a break from DIG DIG DIG.
>>
>>52195060
>a break from DIG DIG DIG

WAZZOCK
>>
>>52195115

Some beardlings don't even know they're born these days.

When a' was a young Dwarf we had nout but fucking rocks to eat all day. I didn't even see the sky until a' was a 130 years old.
>>
>>52195060
I'll accept that, although they've never had a design that I've really liked.
>>
File: 1486441142327.png (112KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
1486441142327.png
112KB, 302x167px
>>52195186
Holy shit that slew me.
>>
But Gyrocopters are older than mining drills and cannons...they were invented to end the Age Of Woe. Which they did.
>>
If someone came up with an underground steam tank for Dwarfs I would be completely fine with this considering they have ironclads and helicopters.

I think GW just never got round to it but I can assume they do exist in some form.
>>
>>52195294
Dorfs have a shitload of devices back logged as too new or dangerous so I would not doubt it.
>>
File: A7V.jpg (67KB, 800x539px) Image search: [Google]
A7V.jpg
67KB, 800x539px
Just give it a fuck off chimney and Dwarf iconography and you're good to go.

A+ for putting a Goblin Hewer on the front and keeping the flame turrets.
>>
>>52195376
I miss the goblin hewer
>>
>>52195376
But the deathroller on it.
>>
>>52195313
Yeah, which is why GW never made many. Things like Thunderbarges and Goblin Hewers are made by mad Engineers, so there's only really a few.

They retconned away independent Engineers when they ditched Sven Hasslefresian.
>>
>>52195403
I want GW to hurry up with their Order faction Made To Order already to see if we get neat old Dwarf stuff.

Hewer or Lobber, I'm happy either way.
>>
>>52195452
I want bolt throwers and throwers.

Yoyhammer ones always come out shitty.
>>
File: 1479234402949.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1479234402949.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>52195420

I can feel a plan coming together. Better rev up that A-team music.
>>
>>52194929
Like... dude... why?
Like... I can't even dude.
>>
File: P9062459.jpg (216KB, 1600x1180px) Image search: [Google]
P9062459.jpg
216KB, 1600x1180px
Warlord sell a one that should be about the right size for Dwarfs.
>>
>>52195658
Somebody ought to make this.
>>
Fresh Bread.

>>52196381
>>52196381
>>52196381
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.