[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 412
Thread images: 21

File: Every Alchemist Ever.gif (1018KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
Every Alchemist Ever.gif
1018KB, 500x341px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Alchemist Edition:

What sort alchemic equipment do you ALWAYS get? What do you wish got more use?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
PS: Avowed is getting big changes soon(ish).

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread: >>52080066
>>
>>52085608
>>52085556
The implication seems to be to me that she fucking lost it.
>>
>>52085609
Alchemist's fire, to mix with my booze.

Alchemist's kindness for the next day.
>>
>>52085609
Alchemical Power Components are always nice
>>
>>52085609
Seriously, the big changes to the Avowed are done. Please remove that line.
>>
Ok. Lyra Ivytongue.

>Be born halfelf

>Get kidnapped by fey

>shitty childhood, be a slave, be humiliated and treated like shit, tortured too.

>Eventually learn how to work in the system, sneak, backstab, ect

>get so good at it you get to the top

>dump your old master on his ass now that he’s penniless from your fuckery
>TO CHELIAX

>Plan to be a rich noble bitch in Cheliax cause fuckit, you’re good at this shit

>but first you have to cavort with -PEASANTS-, like a lowly adventurer!

So I have to say I find Lyra mostly solid. There are places to improve no-doubt, but this is a mostly passable application. I like the idea of her personality being that of kind of a stuck up bitch.
I think she needs a bit of expansion on what her personality actually is, and as the eternal wailing of all reviews go. Names please. At least of her former master. NAMES.

If I had to say I want anything, it'd be an expansion on her personality, just more insight.

Cont.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d4)

>>52085699

Appeal 4/5 – Lyra is nasty and it seems like she’d be interesting to watch interact with a party, like her attitude towards peasants and such. She also seems fairly attractive as a character, and she comes with a built in motive for the entire adventure, MORE POWER.
Backstory 3/5 – Honestly I feel this is the weakest thing, the little glimpses of her personality and her insecurities are the most interesting part, but her story just needs a bit of fleshing out. How did she upend her master. Who was it. None of this is necessary but would be nice to see. It seems sparse, but it’s mostly fine
Compatibility 5/5 – A super-diplomancer bard brain controller with combat utility cause of rubato. She seems like a one-in-all skillmonkey. Super useful. I like the gestalt a lot
Evilosity 3/5 – Solid evilness, but it doesn’t tickle me that much. It’s a solid variety that fits her character, but I don’t get a sense from the app that she would do anything particularly super mega evil, something fucked up. I just don’t see the REAL EVIL SHIT. She’s evil, but she’s bitch from highschool evil.
Shlock Factor 2/5 – She doesn’t quite tick the femme fatale boxes, and while she has a bit of that going on, I’d like to see it referenced a lot more. She just seems like a queen bee, which isn’t very shlocky.

Ok, here we go. More dice to roll. Remaining we have

1. Lucius
2. Fluer
3. Talathel
4. Zeno
>>
>>52085709
its 1s all the way down.

Lucius it is.
>>
>>52085624
Yeah, and that's dickish in itself. Rape As Backstory isn't just boring and cliche, but using it as a VILLAIN origin is just saying fucking awful shit about survivors.
>>
>tfw working as fast as I can on my backstory
I feel like I went the other direction from Breiik. Brejik's was short but sweet. This one feels like I'm writing the fucking Silmarillion.
>>
>>52085720
No, it doesn't. It says that she, alone, got shattered by the experience, which certainly isn't unheard of. It's not the default, sure, but then again you don't play Level 1 Commoners either.
>>
>>52085699
Personally I'm not sure what the fascination of names is. A note in a backstory not likely to return doesn't need one as I see it, and if they do, it can be helpful for a DM to have extra room to play with them, name and all.
>>
>>52085754
It feels lazy.

But hey, its just my dumbass opinion.
>>
Gauging interest:

Does an e8 initiators-only mythic game sound mechanically interesting?

Because I'm seriously contemplating running some shit here.
>>
>>52085763
do yori and dierdre to complete the ORIGINAL APPS portion
>>
>>52085827
YORI IS INCOMPLETE AND I CANNOT SEE DIERDRE
>>
>>52085763
>>52085827
No! Keep rolling.
>>
>>52085754
I also feel like names are something that can come out in character-to-character interactions and don't really need to be the purview of an application. The same is true of certain character details as well.
>>
>want to make something that gets reviewed
>don't want to apply to any currently recruiting games

why
>>
>>52085833
yoris isnt actually incomplete (she actually played in the game), she just doesnt have her weapon listed for some reason

also deerders thing got posted
>>
>>52085866
if it says incomplete she's probably refactoring shit, i don't wanna get in there and fuck around with that

And Deirdre's thing literally got posted a few minutes ago.

I mean I can review her later if people want, but i'm pushing into the rest of the new apps
>>
>having a fuck of a time finding character art
>absolutely nothing fits
>finally find something
>discover it's an established character
>it's an established character a ton of people know about

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh why does this always happen to me
>>
>>52085894
who is it
>>
>>52085894
Who cares? If it fits, it fits.

Unless you mean it's a character from Pathfinder?
>>
>>52085894
If mechanically and personality wise the characters don't match I just use the picture.
A lot of my characters use art from the Witcher games because I like the art style, nobody's been bothered yet.
>>
>>52085857
>>52085900
ReviewAnon here, just did Aurelian Mopatis.

This Sargavan hunk has a complicated backstory and smoulders like a romance novel protagonist, with his feelings of never fitting in, a life of constant betrayal and dusky, muscular looks.

One of my favorites so far!

Next is Ulfric Shinescale!
>>
>>52085894
People'll care a lot less than you might expect.

Usually.
>>
>>52085848
Iktf, and it kills me inside. Kills motivation too, since I flip flop between wanting to meme hard and feeling like I'm eating everyone's time.
>>
>my backstory is already this long, and I'm not even halfway done.
Yeah, Saelonu's backstory is definitely the polar opposite of Brejik's.
>>
Lucius Nacht

Aka: CRAAAAAWLLLLLLIING IIIIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Hoo lord

>Be born human

>but you’re better!

>because…

>wait what harpies?

>what the fuck do… Someone fucked a harpy and that makes you better

>suddenly wings from the back, even though the rest of your family doesn’t have them

>now I fuck off to Longacre for my family

Oh jeez. This one

This one is rough. I got problems with you my dude

I got so many problems.

Alright let’s start.

Bitch why you be using a Nodachi

You’re chelish, not Tian. Where the fuck did you even get that shit. What the fuck. Justify this shit. I know it’s for mechanical reasons but fuck it’s lazy. Where the fuck did you get a nodachi

Whats with the weird harpy shit? Where the fuck? It just sort of shows up out of nowhere. It just seems misplaced. It also feels like something that would get you shunned as fuck in cheliax. Like It just doesn’t seem to fit.

His personality is pretty bland. He’s just a knight. A stubborn, pretty emotionless knight. I don’t get it.

So.

Appeal 1/5 – Honestly this guy just seems like a boring guy. He’s not a hardliner, his art and appearance are relatively uninteresting. I just… No appeal at all to me.

Backstory 1/5 – This looks like a character built around mechanics and a haphazard backstory thrown around it. Apply yourself my dude

Compatibility 1/5 – Frontline striker. He uses the word ‘tank’. Claims to have face potential and he has a decent diplo score but… I don’t want my party face being an emotionless hunk of steel

Evilosity 0/5 – Not even evil. Not even Lawful and hardline enough to have it make sense that he would ally with some truly awful people.

Shlock Factor 0/5 – WHERE’S THE SHLOCK. It’s not even there. If this guy was in a pulpy movie or a shitty action anime he’d be a rando that gets cut in half, not a character.

If I seem harsh, its because I care. This is a -bad- app. It needs serious work. So. Cont.
>>
>>52085957
I accidentally took my name off. Herp.

Ok. Here's what you can do

Build a real story. A noble scion is an interesting start, but is he maybe a spurned son for the mutation? Was he exiled? What made him the ULTRALAW he is?

What about the personality. If you're gonna be LN in a party of EVIL I think you need to be an ultra hardline JUDGE DREDD tier law guy. Like ultra-law. I need the draw. I need the fix to who this guy is and why i should want to watch him fight.

Justify your shit. As annoying as i find unjustified reactionaries (Current reactionary count for those who care, 0, shockingly), I find unjustified stuff like Nodachis just as annoying. It just smacks of laziness and a focus on optimization

And please find a more interesting picture. There's gotta be cooler black knights out there.
>>
Why the fuck do 3rd party and homebrew things even exist?

They're just bait for autists to have special snowflake characters outside of the core rules, what's the fucking point?
>>
I guess Nacht surprised me

Surprised me with how shit he was.

Lets roll.

1. Fluer
2. Talathel
3. Zeno
>>
>>52085992
>caring about trait fluff
Does anyone actually do this besides for campaign traits?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>52086003

fuck the anger-sharks made me retarded

actually rolling
>>
>>52086008
Always.
>>
>>52086008
>4chan
>/tee gee/
>/pee eff gee/
>not being autistic about literally everything

I care.

>>52086012
Zeno it is.
>>
>>52085894
This happens all the time for me in the games I run. I often need lots of random images for NPCs, and I just hate it when half the players start making references about some character I have no idea about, and it turns out I've used their image.

I also hate anime character pictures, which half my players pick.
>>
>>52086023
Hey, it's cool if you care, I just haven't actually seen a game yet where it was brought up. Honestly it's something /pfg/ doesn't seem to be autistic about at all, and we have 2hu fucking posting.
>>
>>52086008
I don't take anything if I'm not going to roleplay with it. Thankfully, power attack is very mundane.
>>
>>52086053
Not feats you dumdum. Traits.
>>
>>52086050
Personally I care. Having weird out of place traits is kinda shit, understandable at times, but kinda shit.
>>
File: Ulfric for Review.jpg (110KB, 501x800px) Image search: [Google]
Ulfric for Review.jpg
110KB, 501x800px
Foreward: As much as I've joked about wanting to fuck Ulfric, I'll actually try to make this review as objective as possible.

We must hurt the things we love, after all.

>>52085916
ULFRIC SHINESCALE, a.k.a. "LAKESIDE FIREBALL"

>be son of Ulfen Guard veteran and a dragonblooded merchant
>be given up to demesne kobolds
>be upset, family is very nice but you realize that you're adopted
>be a bit of a dick because koboldad isn't your real father
>be a huge dick and fuck up your studies
>be self-aware enough to realize you have no future if you just fight and act like a dick
>leave home to become a better man and fighter
>learn lots of lessons and mellow out a lot, also become a super strong fighter but you're modest and keep that on the down-low
>decide you want to become the king of fighters and also set aside the split between your wiser self and your kung fu greatness
>come home to re-reinvent yourself and reconcile these two personas

Whew lad. Ulfric is a bare-fisted martial, which we've seen lots of in the apps. By a count I did earlier something like half the girls and one quarter of all the guys who were posted were bare-fisted martials. I still have more bare-fisted martials to review. I should be sick of bare-fisted martials, but the combination of spunky art, a good description and the general emotes of his backstory and personality make it hard not to like the guy.

He's a reformed thug who enjoys domestic life and has a lighthearted personality, makes jokes and tries to lift spirits. There's no dissonance between his toughguy persona and his other goals, because real tough guys don't need to front. He's also good with kids, so you know.

I wanna fuck that dragon.

But seriously, he's endlessly likeable and my actual favorite of the fistifuccbois so far.
>>
>>52086070
I meant anything and everything. If I really want certain traits or feats then I pick them first then build my flavor around them. I don't take superstition unless my Barbarian is superstitious, I don't take Reactionary unless my character is prone to running, I don't take Iron Will unless my character is going to be stubborn.
>>
>>52086086
What is it with Dragons2 and all the punchfags.

I want to fuck that dragon too
>>
Geb and Nex are pretty damn cool and there's sadly very little information on them that I am aware of. Like do we even know which was founded first? I know Geb was a Osirion colony until Geb, the dude, showed up and made it his own little kingdom, but what about Nex? Has Paizo mentioned any plans to do anything with these two places in the future? Do any of the modules touch on them at all? I think there's more written about Vudra at this point and that's not even Inner Sea, while Geb is technically the cut-off.
>>
>>52086097
>I lock myself into a single fluff-interpretation of mechanics
>>
So what I'm thinking of doing, is putting Saelonu's backstory into a pastebin and making a TL;DR version. Cause like I said, it's already stupidly long and I'm not even half way done yet.
>>
>>52086118
Golarion is a setting where most of the really big players have left center stage, particularly the great Wizard Kings.

Geb, Nex, and Tar-Baphon are good examples. Old terrors are mostly gone from the world. At least in their central figures. The World Wound is much less a great villain and more a natural disaster.
>>
>>52086147
As should everyone else!
>>
>>52086086 >>52086106
well this makes three of us who wanna fuck the dragon. looks like a trend.
>>
>>52086184
I meant the nations not the dudes. They named their countries after themselves because Wizards.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d8)

>>52086086
For the bad, well. Okay. I don't like a lot of the formatting of paragraphs in his backstory and some of the prose rubs me the wrong way. I kind of wish there was more in the parts detailing his maturation from delinquent to strong leading man, since traveling around and experiencing an epiphany reading a book feels kind of weak overall. I also find it hard to believe that a boisterous and personable dude like Ulfric wouldn't have any friends at all- he's clearly the type to at least have some gang flunkies following him when he's younger.

As a lawful character, I also want to see more about his morality and the things he cares about. Unlike the last LN character I reviewed, Ulfric has familial relationships and attachments to the setting that mean it'd be unrealistic for him to be as self-centered as say, Aurelian.

"Hell-Drake" Ramirez is a silly name that feels just a touch tryhard, and the Book of Manly Action only works because this is a game about serving your tittymonster dragon queen great-grandma on her goals of world domination. I know NAMES NAMES NAMES was my meme lately, so this is a minor gripe.

In many ways Ulfric resembles some of the other martials similar to him, but lacks some of the problems I had. He feels like a holistically assembled character.

For my final grading:

>Appeal 4/5, a genuinely likeable guy.
>Backstory 3/5, a nice little story that puts him at the start of his real journey as a man. There are some unbelievable bits that took me out of it, but it all works.
>Compatibility 4/5, warlord is a strong buffer/healer and monk ensures good saves and durability.
>Dragonality 4/5, a strongly dragonblooded character with strong ties to the setting and fun interractions with other dragonkind. His stooped posture caused by growing up in a kobold home is an adorable detail.
>>
>>52086219
what can I say, hotblooded dudes are nice, and they're rare in the land of PFG traps n tits.
>>
>>52086233
Can you post the list again?
>>
>>52085992
>I find unjustified stuff like Nodachis just as annoying
Fuck off m8 I'm not spending an extra feat on Weapon Group adaptation instead of Stupendous strength for a fucking scimitar just to deal 2 avg less damage and lose piercing damage.
And cooler black knights with not-demonic wings? Yeah, I spent a while looking for those (And that sword looks pretty baller imo).
>>
>>52086219
>>52086106
>>52086086
I just want to headpat Rory and say he's a good girl.
>>
>>52086262
use a Falchion you DONKEY.
>>
>>52086187
thisisbait.jpg
>>
>>52085809
Sounds like a lot of potential to be fantastic or pure garbage. You should be careful of what mythic elements you bring in. Take a look at Legendary Games's mythic stuff, too.
>>
>>52086270
>Falchion
>Still need to spend an extra feat on top for Weapon Group adaptation to grab Piercing Thunder plus Stupendous Strength to one-hand it
>.5 less average damage, still no piercing

Now, back to the critique
>spurned son for the mutation
No, this is family stuff. And need justification to take Mixed Blood (Monstrous Humanoid) and Vestigial Wings to go into Aerial Wings.
>Emotionloness knight
Nope, he isn't emotionless. He's just smart enough to know that you shouldn't fucking wear your heart on your sleeve in fucking Cheliax.
>>
File: 1305637214969.jpg (16KB, 306x254px) Image search: [Google]
1305637214969.jpg
16KB, 306x254px
>player asks if he can use 3.5e shit for his character
>bonus points for 3rd party
>bonus points for homebrew off some awful wiki
>>
File: FUCKBOI.jpg (95KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKBOI.jpg
95KB, 512x512px
Zeno

Another half elf. Sounds good.

Lets begin

>be born in cheliax

>kuthonite orphan

>BOYS THAT LOOK LIKE GIRLS

>100% soft femboi that cries easily. Ok.

>said he grew up to be handsome but I bet he prefers the company of men and he is definitely a bottom

>learns alchemy and such to torture, but does it all out of self-preservation, is basically constantly afraid he’s going to be found out to not take pleasure in it, not a true kuthonite, always feeling guilty

>Basically made into an honor student even though he didn’t get the blessing, has to go do the most awful of tasks.

Fairly interesting, solid backstory. I like that this is a person who could be good, but is in such an awful situation that to survive he has to do evil and awful things. It’s twisted. It’s weird. I like it. He is a prettyboy though.

If I could improve on this I’d like more insight into who Zeno is, the backstory is very solid, but I’d like some insight into his character. Is he skittish? Or is he grim about his duties? I want to know MOOREE
>>
>>52086310
Perhaps reviewers should start doing these only on request. Though all those stuttering wallflower anons might suffer for it.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>52086327
Appeal 3/5 – He’s got an attractive look and some interesting story, I like him, but I could crank him higher if I knew about his personality more. I think he could be interesting to see develop in game as well

Backstory 5/5 – Strong, believable, and functional, I don’t even need names because it’s clear there’s nobody important to his past there. Fuck yeah. It feels complete, and it makes sense that he is where he is. I’m a big fan is what I’m saying

Compatiblity 5/5 – Investigators are skillmonkey kings, and slayer backs that up pretty well. This guy will be useful to almost any party and should be able to offer a wide variety of buffs. He also offers some backline firepower, which I don’t think I’ve seen in a single app yet. Approve.

Evilosity 4/5 – I find his evil… Interesting. Self-preservation can push someone far into doing some fucked up shit, and I like that he does it because he’s a coward. Its an evil I haven’t seen in any other app

Shlock Factor 1/5 – There’s pretty much no shlock here straight up. Not that there can’t be, its just without a more defined personality its hard to rate. But the rest of the app is so strong.

I liked this one a lot desu.

TWO TO GO

Talahiel is heads (1), Fleur is tails (2)

>>52086328
No. I'm going to do them for whoever I damn well please, if someone doesn't like my opinion... Then good for them? Its just one asshole's opinion.
>>
>>52086328
It's easier for people to request to not be reviewed, meaning anyone with strong opinions will speak up.
>>
>>52086337
Well well well.

Its the one everybody was probably waiting for.

The DHB app.
>>
File: Kabouite for Review.png (109KB, 307x512px) Image search: [Google]
Kabouite for Review.png
109KB, 307x512px
>>52086233
KABOUITE, TOTALLY-A-DRAGON

>be hobgoblin ironskin monk
>be fucking good at what you do
>be so fucking good at shaping your body with exercise you can goddamn shapeshift
>be so sent to infiltrate taldor and the demesne because holy shit you're good
>be accepted as a child of culdranth, because she's a little bit slutty and has tons of kids she's kind of forgotten about
>be conflicted because you're really enjoying the place
>be in trouble because you've settled in and yet nobody knows that you're a hobgoblin yet

Kabouite is a tough girl who fights with her fists, with tooth and nail and slams of her transformed body. She was extremely devoted to the cause of the hobgoblin legions, but not being treated like shit and getting a little motherly love (and sisterly love, and brotherly love, and some other degenerate love configurations /a/ is into) does a lot to sway a heart. So as of gamestart she's holding onto a secret identity and still playing the part of master for her own people.

Her personality is "militant and stoic" in her player's own words, pretty go-to for a monk. She's slow to make friends and not very good at it, because she's a hobgoblin and a spy. Works very well.

Being totally unprepared for the excesses of the demesne is a major charm point, particularly the bit where she drinks herself silly (and this is very expensive).
>>
Rolled 1 (1d7)

>>52086371
This is the definition of a short and sweet character that lays out the beats effectively. From a description, a few paragraphs of backstory and her personality I feel like I know a lot more about her than many of the more labored applications. I again, wish for some names and personalities to make these phases of her life more than just periods or timeframes. Her teachers. Her comrades. People she cares about at home, and in the demesne. It feels a bit like she grew in a vacuum.

>Appeal 4/5, a cute girl who is totally a dragon. Her quirks are charming, and her conflict is compelling.
>Backstory 4/5, it's short and competent. Just like the character. I have nothing I dislike,
>Compatibility 3/5, her main weakness is the potential conflict she introduces by being a spy.
>Dragonality 2/5, pretending to be a dragon and her backstory doesn't really tie her to them except for her espionage.

Gonna do one last before bed.
>>
>>52086337
Surprised Zeno rated so high, not because I dislike him but because he's a half-elf leather pretty boy in daddy/g/. Thought he'd score lower on backstory and evilosity since he seems pretty harmless for an evil campaign.
>>
>>52086337
Fuck. Another Empiricist.
>>
>>52086382
And we end the night on Aurora. This is going to be a long one.
>>
>>52086383
His evilosity is unique and his backstory is rock solid, its short, sweet, gets the point across, and explains basically everything i need to know about his past.
>>
>>52086389
Every Investigator is an Empiricist anon. It's just such a ridiculously good trade and it doesn't shut off any of your build options except other archetypes. Makes yours anyways.
>>
>>52086408
I am, just didn't realize there was another one.
>>
>making a gestalt and still only have d8 HD and 3/4 BAB

Uhh, how bad of a move is this?
>>
>>52086427
How many good saves you got senpai?
>>
>>52086427
depends what you're making.
>>
>>52086427
If they're a caster/back liner it's whatever.
>>
>>52086433
All of em

>>52086434
>>52086435
Vigilante/Occultist
>>
>>52086445
eh. You could be fine.
>>
>>52086445
We're all gonna be fine senpai.
>>
>>52086449
>>52086467
Ehh I just realized it won't really work anyway, some of the mechanics I want to use are actually charisma based
>>
Talathel.

I mean

This guy

This fucking guy

Here’s his story in brief

>Be born a total piece of shit

>find out you get hard as fuck seeing beauty be destroyed

>do it

>holy fuck I can’t stop

>like jesus he just never stops being a piece of shit

>endless shittery

>become a noble

>still a piece of shit

>become a counterfeiter

>THIS IS JUST AS GOOD

>get elf cancer

>decide to go REALLY make some petty evil shit left while you last

>pretty funny that I’m gonna die tho

Like I can’t do this justice. It’s worth reading. Like this guy is such a fucking piece of shit. Just a massive total piece of shit. And he’s not like murdering people. He’s just breaking shit. For giggles. It’s the pettiest of nasty evil on the largest scale. Can you guess that he’s gonna get a 5 in evilosity for a unique and totally awful kind of evil? He is. Spoiled. Spoiler on that guys. Now you know.

He’s got the egomaniac thing going too. I have to say this is the rock solid DHB app people seem to fear. He would definitely be fun in the campaign, because he’s a fucking Saturday morning cartoon villain. That’s the level of petty shit.

Fuck.

I find it hard to really critique this, so let’s just give him the scores.
>>
>>52086526

Appeal 5/5 – Saturday morning villain, that’s actually an elf with cancer. It’s got an element of tragedy to it as well, and I have to admit, the interactions of a perfectionist who wants to bring more beauty into the world with Shizuka, and a guy that loves to destroy it, have got to be fascinating.

Background 5/5 – Dude has got a great story, its super long yes, maybe overly so. However, it all serves to enhance and build upon just what a total piece of shit this guy is. Things are named n stuff. It’s good shit. This exhaustive backstory wouldn’t work for every character, but it works for the super-petty Talathel.

Compatability 4/5 – I mean… DHB is really good at optimizing. We all know this by now. This guy is probably gonna optimize tea ceremony though. This is a very wide gestalt, 9th level spells, full bab, decent combat potential… I find it hard to rate though because I’m sure I’m missing some of it. He’s described as a backliner buffer though, which seems good.

Evilosity 5/5 – He is the pettiest piece of shit ever. We know why this is where it is. Holy shit so petty

Shlock Factor 3/5 – So he’s not super shlocky, but I can definitely see such an extreme piece of shit fitting into something in this genre. It’s not his strong point, but he’s less pulp fiction, more Saturday morning villain.

Once again, this is all just my opinion, and i'm just a random asshole.

Ok. One more. Fleur. Lets do this shit.
>>
>>52086547
>Fleur is is following up the two highly positive ratings
Being a cute girl probably puts her in a completely separate bracket though.
>>
>>52086526
>>52086547
Man could stop spacing this shit out so much? It isn't entertaining or funny, it just bloats your post.
>>
>>52086570
i prefer how it looks.
>>
>>52086585
Really going to go the 2hu route, huh?
>>
>>52086588
Sure whatever.
>>
>>52086585
And it makes you look like a fucking tool instead of actually being helpful like you used to be. Congratulations, you're officially a namefag, now fuck off unless you're doing something useful.
>>
File: Aurora for Review.png (257KB, 608x627px) Image search: [Google]
Aurora for Review.png
257KB, 608x627px
>>52086391
AURORA - THE AVALANCHE FIST

>be white dragonblooded
>be named after the lights shining above at the time of your birth
>be destined for greatness
>be disappointed by the fact that white dragon blood manifesting strongly means that you're smol
>be smol and flat in a city of tittymonsters
>life is pain
>but at least you can fight gud
>fight very good
>in fact, be really happy by how good you fight and focus your whole being into mastering your awesome power
>be empowered by your resentment of all these towering tittymonsters
>swear to some day rise to the top

I feel like I may have been unfairly generous to Ulfric and difficult to Mercy, because we have yet another fisticuffs character who wants to be the best. Now I'm not saying that these are bad traits or the backstory is the lesser for it, but I'm just less impressed with it as a trope now than I was when I started reviewing.

Starting with the basics, Aurora has a charming concept and a very understandable set of quirks and motivations. She's been proclaimed as a powerful descendant of dragons and wants to live up to that. She's not as grand or beautiful as her relatives but she's strong, and she's milking that (unlike her slutty cousins who milk other things, the sluts).

That said, I wish there was more to her than "I envy large breasts and overcompensate by being strong". The interview fic was a cute little bit of work that personalized her a bit.

I wish that some effort was put into describing her teachers, formative years, parents, etc. Otherwise it's passable.

>Appeal 4/5, a smol dragon girl in a big breasted world.
>Backstory 3/5, despite being prophesied there's less meat than I wanted. Lacking meat (hah hah hah).
>Compatibility 3/5, as far as I can tell she's another brawler. I don't have access to akashaic content but I expect high optimization and damage output, enough to solo.
>Dragonality 4/5, a very thick-blooded dragon who suffers for the smol nature of white dragons. Charming.
>>
>>52086594
Cool I will after I finish off this last review.
>>
>>52086595
And that's it for now. I'll try (but don't expect to) finish these tomorrow.

Good luck to the other reviewer taking a crack at those HV characters!

I'll keep doing this for as long as I can, since there's agonizingly many days before Eagle closes apps.

Debating revealing myself after reviews, but I said enough mean things that I almost don't want to.
>>
>>52086600
Not doing the existing PCs? I find the spacing annoying too to be honest but I like reading reviews.
>>
>>52086612
I don't really see the use.
>>
>>52086611
There's no point unless you're Eagle in disguise, 2hu or DHB, in which case they'll be enough shit flying around that no one wants to see it.
>>
>>52086611
How many more are left?

>tfw last to be reviewed
>>
>>52086620
I don't follow reviews for any practical use, I just like green text. Do it for my personal enjoyment.
>>
>>52086526
>>52086547
I read DHB's app. I think a few exerts emphasize how fucking evil he is.

>At the age of 41 Talathel witnessed an old friend of his, Galio, get kicked in the head by a horse. Galio had trained all his life as an artisan, honing his craft into a thing of beauty. Clay came to life in his hands. The flower of his life had been crushed not two weeks into the season. Galio died three days later, delirious from the wound to his head. That afternoon Talathel drank tea from a set Galio had gifted him for his 40th birthday.

>At the age of 100 Talathel realized he held the only copy of a series of journals written by a man who considered him a dear friend. They described a harrowing journey through the Land of the Linnorm Kings and detailed out complicated etiquette and customs, information one hardly saw in Chelish lands, so far from the ice and cold. Talathel burned them. Afterwards he laughed until he was nearly ill.

>Once he spent several hundred gold pieces on a tapestry, purchasing it from a Chelaxian noble desperately in need of money. The last of his line, and with a terrible gambling addiction. He promised that he would keep it safe until the man got back onto his feet. Talathel unraveled it slowly, giggling to himself with each strand gone. Oh and when the man returned, to Talathel's surprise, truly reformed, an idea struck him. An image of the tapestry was crystal clear in his mind's eye. He had stared at it for hours, and knew every inch likely better than the man himself. He wove a new tapestry and gave it back to the man, accepting his coin. The ecstasy when he did. The elation when the man accepted. It was almost comical. Something that had been given unto generations now was gone, replaced by his impostor.

I like the idea of a villain who just can't stop his willy from going hard at the thought of something particular like this. Being such an evil villain while not actually killing anyone is hard, and without turning on hyper edge.
>>
>>52086620
I'm almost done with Saelonu's Long Backstory. Would you be able to review it when I finish?
>>
>>52086664
I'll be around, sure.
>>
>>52086660
Now here is an interesting thing. Of all the shit he has destroyed Talathel still has that tea set Galio made him. It's on his character sheet. He even mentions it in in his personality section:
>As a final gift to the man that made it he has vowed it will be among the last things he destroys, so that they may die together.

It hints at something more, not sure what though. What I've gotten from all of this is DHB has a talent for writing villains, particularly amoral ones.
>>
>>52086624
Fair enough. I'll just have to suck it up and keep the mean things I said anon to myself.

>>52086631
Assuming no more additions, tomorrow's list will be:

1. The Great Ivelia Grant
2. Marianne Hortense
3. Raine Shimara
4. Calsicahedrix
5. Philo Ranken
6. Korkazak Morukdar Yugnat Undulukval-Slagdam a.k.a. Iron Snap

I'm most looking forward to doing Philo's since he has enough flaws that I'll be able to give some constructive criticism. Most dreading Korkazak, because his bullet point history is literally enough characters to force me to do 1-2 posts of greentext just to summarize and his personality is dismal.

I know I made jokes about him being the least fuckable, fuckable PC, but dude is genuinely going to be exhausting to review.
>>
Alright, people feel I went overboard with the spacin, so I’ll cut it down for this last one. Easy enough to do. And I don’t think I realized how overboard that was until I looked at it. Fak.

Fleur-de-lys
Now it’s hard to talk about Fleur’s backstory and give the sparknotes because.. Well the backstory given implies it’s all a lie. Really outright says it. That can be ok, it tells us a lot about Fleur as a character, mainly that she is a lying little shit that cannot be trusted.
She’s a deceiver, a backstabber, and she’ll probably just as quickly hold a door open for you as stab you in the back. She’s just incredibly two-faced. And will probably eventually stab you in the back.
She seems cheery and fun, and a total suckup.

Appeal 4/5 – A suckup that might stab you in the back is interesting enough. She is basically the queen of all backstabbers from what I can tell, the dickass rogue is strong. I’m interested to see what the little manipulator herself would be like.
Backstory NULL – I can’t.. I can’t even really score a character piece that’s more about personality than it is truth. I like the little story, but given that its almost certainly false, its disingenuous to score here.
Compatability 4/5 – Points lost here for one reason. A Dickass skillmonkey is great for a party. Right up until they bury a knife in your back. Without some way to assure that you don’t get stabbed, having one in the party is always worrying. Especially in an EVIL party which tend to get at each others throats on the regular.
Evilosity 3/5 – Solid, basic thiefly and backstabby evil. She’s a little shit and I bet she’s smug about it too. Its not fantastically evil or a unique interesting evil, but it’s a solid evil, I respect that.
Shlock Factor 3/5 – Not super shlocky again, but I can see a perky little backstabber doing a bit of it. Probably all with a smile too. It’s enough to interest me.

I want to pat her head.
>>
>>52086713
Man Fleur's was really short. In retrospect she's very hard to critique because she fits her niche quite well. Its clearly a very thought out and developed sheet, its gone through at least one iteration for sure.
>>
>>52086705
Expounding on this, the first four are going to be a breeze. Ivelia is nice overall, Marianne's art is the most erotic out of all the applications and her app looked competent, Raine is another bara husbando with a side order of fight and Calsicahedrix's idea of a red dragon songstress playing in seedy night clubs full of shifty dragon men is endlessly appealing (as is her frenemy).
>>
>>52086685
Thanks. I've finished the long backstory. I'll be putting that into a pastebin and writing a "TL;DR" version later.
>>
>>52086705
>Most dreading Korkazak, because his bullet point history is literally enough characters to force me to do 1-2 posts of greentext just to summarize and his personality is dismal.
What would you say is wrong with his personality? I'm guessing its the massive inferiority complex.

My main issue is he doesn't fit the campaign. It's pretty obvious DHB wants something different out of the campaign than most folks do.
>>
>>52086705

did you ever really do Rorymei? I thought you just skimmed it last time.
>>
>>52086705
Please be gentle, senpai.
>>
>>52086705
>6. Korkazak Morukdar Yugnat Undulukval-Slagdam a.k.a. Iron Snap
Thinking on it it is fine if you don't do mine. I have come to terms with the fact I am looking for something very different from this game than most people as >>52086733 said. I have considered withdrawing my app as likely no matter the party I ended up in I would not fit very well.

If you want to do it anyway for completion's sake then by all means, but I'm offering perhaps an out.

Another character or another game. I'm just seeing that I probably entered into Dragons 2 with completely the wrong attitude.
>>
>>52086705

One JUST now dropped.

Dante, The Mutant Dragon Prince
>>
>>52086713
Like Zeno I'm kind of surprised that Fleur scored well with her gimmick. I can see the appeal though, the way you put it.

I wonder if you've been more generous than other reviewers or if it's been a good batch. I thought a lot of the Raunchy characters were great but that reviewer came off fairly harsh on the lot. Though I suppose circumstances are that HV is a different AP and a few of these are iterative drafts.
>>
>>52086692
That's a really nice touch actually. I didn't notice at all.
>>
>>52086779
i mean i was harsh as fuck on Nacht, and pretty rough on Yuria, but most of these apps are pretty good. I also might be more generous. Its hard to judge.
>>
>>52086757
on the bright side senpai everyone seems blown away by your petty asshole villain for HV
>>
>>52086735
I skimmed Tamrir, but I gave Rorymei a pretty thorough review.

>>52071203
My general feeling was that his backstory was a bit empty and his personality and skeevy art made him pretty unappealing, like if the kid from The Omen was a fat-bottomed dragonboy in bikini armor. I like bare chests and naked people as much as the next anon, but something about him rubs me all the wrong way and I found it hard to be earnest without also being cruel (like we saw with Vorelira). All you saw out of his background was a ticking of boxes to justify his character sheet- although I do think that taxidermist undead birds is pretty fucking clever.

>>52086750
Bite the pillow, my wit will be dry.

>>52086757
I'll see how I feel about it. You didn't make a bad character or anything, just maybe not one meant for slice of life hijinks.

>>52086767
Well if you guys want me to be mean...
>>
>>52086685
>>52086792
If you had to choose three, which would you grab?

>>52086789
He and Galio were probably butt buddies.
>>
First session of Legends of Dragonsfjord went well, all things considered. Had a bit of a rocky start there getting set up but once we got rolling things went pretty smooth.

> Dragonsfjord is in the midst of celebration
> As is tradition the Dragonborn that are to become adults are tasked with going about the festival to various booths and showing off their skills by doing challenges relating to those skills
> Highlights for each character are as follows:
> Bruniik the Bloodrager literally Intimidated a guy off the stage in 2 rounds out of a 5 round, friendly competition, then lasting the full 10 rounds of drinking knockout juice via rage boosts to his Fort.
> Diermu the Cleric absolutely KILLING it at Perception and Use Magic Device but then almost drowning in the Athletics section.
> Miraak the Monk went to a tent that tested his Bluff/Sense Motive even though he took the Vow of Truth, and managed to make the guy who ran the booth think he was lying 2/5 times we rolled for it despite him having a -3 to Bluff.
> Urorakas the Knife Thrower Fighter did amazing in the Appraisal booth, only failing once because he rolled a Nat 1 and his bonus wasn't high enough.
> He also was the only one to go through the Athletics course with his armor on, mostly because he forgot to take it off.
> Tangentek the Dragonfire Adept passed out at the Knockout juice section then proceeded to wander onto the Diplomacy stage and woo the crowd in his favor regarding Cheliax politics with a roll so high it blew his competitor out of the water.
> NPC Tessith, the leader's Druid son, somehow managed to pass the Athletics section with flying colors with just a +1 to Acrobatics, Climb, and Swim.
> After everyone showed off what they were good at it was time for the grand finale.
> A battle with the leader of Dragonsfjord, Ignatius.
> Level 10 Warder
> PCs and Tess have to either take him down with non-lethal damage, Pin him with CMDs, or throw him off the stage they were on with Bull Rushes.
1/2
>>
>>52086815
Out of the current set of apps? Oh man

I think that in my opinion, Zeno and Talathel would be for sure, and it'd be a fight between Lyra/Fleur for the last spot as they occupy a lot of the same territory

I'm really interested to see what other apps flow in though.
>>
>>52086816
2/2
> PCs throw literally everything they have at him, they debuff him, they sicken him, they surround him
> Half the rounds we started at least one PC was laying flat on their face after getting thrown by a powered up Bull Rush
> Eventually they whittle his HP down until Tess manages to hit his old man for the first time since the fight started, landing the finishing blow in the 9th round out of 10 before the buzzer would have gone off.
> Ignatius is proud his son was the one to knock him unconscious
> That said the odds that would have happened is crazy low, he had lowered AC from charging and was surrounded by PCs who all rolled way low.
> VICTORY! Party celebrates becoming adults by getting pissfaced.
> Next day Ignatius tells the party that they did so well he feels like they're good enough to be tasked with retrieving an Artifact lost to the tribe.

And that's where we left off. It was fun!
>>
>>52086526
>not really a good summary
>get curious
>go to read DHB's character
Jesus christ.
>>
>>52086854
right?
>>
>>52086829
>Highest strength character in hypothetical party is a buttboy archer
Huh.
>>
>>52086816
>>52086852
Neat
>>
>>52086867
There's only one real solution

BRING ME MORE STRENGTH CHARS
>>
>>52086876
Mine's got 17 str! 18 at next level up! Plus as a Swift, he can gain +4 str for 3 rounds!
>>
>>52086876
dierdres getting switched out for a more str based character soon.tm

or not im really fucking indecisive for this shit
>>
>>52086905
I swear I read that as -4 and thought he turned into a girl.
>>
Why am I making a 2nd char for dragons2 i'm not even gon apply with
>>
File: fem cr8.jpg (153KB, 690x800px) Image search: [Google]
fem cr8.jpg
153KB, 690x800px
>>52086949
I coulda made a female...
>>
So its really unclear on monks

Do they just not require you to have the prereqs for the 10th level bonus feats, or all bonus feats.
>>
>>52086989
All bonus feats.

Hence bonus.
>>
>>52087003
ok good.
>>
Well.

I think I've got my stupid meme build all figured out except for one thing

And that is that a belt of mighty hurling costs 14000gp
>>
>>52087106
Better lube up that boipussi. You got some serious whoring to do.
>>
Now it's time.

We must ship Hell's Vengeance characters.
>>
>>52087126
>implying this character has a 'boipussy'

Please, he would totally slay poon for money though.

How much do you think a belt of mighty hurling without the str bonus costs.. Probably too expensive
>>
>>52087142
Shizuka X her sword.
>>
>>52087126
its ok, the build doesn't really work until 7th level. This is mostly an experiment.
>>
>>52087151
Shizuka x Talathel actually have a really interesting dynamic.
>>
>>52087171
Yes but she'd almost certainly end up murdering him for destroying one of her paintings.
>>
>>52087176
Ah, but you forget, a good 50% of Talathel's app is about him also being a massive coward.
>>
>>52087188
Yes but do you think he could really help himself?
>>
>>52087197
He'd find a way to do it without implicating himself.

Then take pleasure in watching Shizuka stress over it.
>>
>Get level 3 spells on a Half-Elf
I CAN'T RESIST PARAGON SURGE.
>>
>>52087217
banned
>>
>>52087197
>Shizuka and Talathel, due to a mix up, have to share a room at the inn
>Shizuka goes out to take care of some purchases
>Talathel sees her finished paintings among her belongings
>begins sweating
>suddenly realizing he is holding a tindertwig
>things about the fact she'll murder him if she finds out
>looks at tindertwig
>looks at painting
>thinks about dying
>[concerned cancer elf noises]
>Shizuka returns
>Talathel has had his Boon Outsider tie him up in the corner to ensure his own safety
>>
>>52087225
>concerned cancer elf noises

kek
>>
File: Zavied.jpg (231KB, 783x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Zavied.jpg
231KB, 783x1140px
>>52087126
god this build is actually so terrible until that point

i just wanted to make Zaveid.
>>
Net and Trident, how do I make them viable?
>>
>>52087343
Dude i don't know i'm busy trying to make a fucking Rope Dart work
>>
Jesiz Crisp, Yori is incomplete because I haven't had time to sit down and fill out all the little boxes.

She's a cleric (sphere, asmodean advocate) || unchained rogue (bandit, hidden blade, thug). She uses Profession Barrister for face skills. Her sphere focus is illusion and death, specifically turning invisible and making necro spies. She uses her claws as her primary form of combat, and pounces with primal fury.
>>
File: file.png (221KB, 811x277px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
221KB, 811x277px
!
>>
I'm posting this again in case anyone is interested. No worries if you aren't.

Living world, text-based, 3pp. allowed upon request, RP-focused.

ttps://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2060656/
>>
>>52087561
Try to limit your shilling to once per thread. If you want to garner interest during a later time of day, quote your original post pretending to be someone else asking a question.
>>
>>52087578
kek
>>
>>52087546
So James Jacobs is trying to re-live the glory days of Red Hand of Doom. Okay.
>>
>>52086735
Rorymei's disturbing visually.
>>
>tfw i like my second character almost as much as the first.
>>
You can use a weapon that's not a discpline's weapon to initiate maneuvers, correct?

Like for example, I could use a rapier to proc the Broken Blade's Shards of Iron Strike?
>>
>>52087747
not for broken blade and don't use broken blade you sick fuck
>>
>>52087751
It was just an example. So for other disciplines it does work though?
Even Solar Wind, again with the Rapier as the example weapon?
>>
>>52087747
Generally yes, but Broken Blade(and some other disciplines) has many maneuvers that specify needing to use a discipline weapon.
>>
>>52087772
Solar wind specifically says it must be used with ranged attacks for most shit
>>
>>52087747
broken blade and primal something are what got us into the whole "OVERPOWERED" mess in the first place, because of people doing exactly what you're doing.

Meanwhile the poor son of a bitch stuck using tempest gale is wondering how and why the fuck he'll ever use a disarm strike when half the shit he fights uses natural weapons and the other half have higher CMD than even his sleight-of-hand could ever reach.
>>
>>52087772
>Broken Blade
>Solar Wind
Ask about Iron Tortoise next you dumbfuck.
>>
>>52087790
Well, since you asked nicely...
>>
>>52087812
Yes, you can use Iron Tortoise with a rapier.
Assuming you have a shield in the other hand.
>>
>>52087784
Primal Fury
>>
>>52087772
Solar Wind maneuvers require ranged attacks, so you'd have to use the rapier's stats as an improvised thrown weapon, and calculate attack and damage rolls as a ranged attack.
>>
>>52087857
Now you make me want to make someone who uses Call Weaponry to throw them using the Solar Wind discipline.
>>
>>52087857
Actually, solar wind specifies it HAS to be one of the listed weapon groups as per the fighter lists. Even weapon-group adaptation won't help there.

If you want to use solar wind without the mithril combo feats, you MUST be using either a Thrown, Bow, Crossbow or Firearm type weapon.

Although keep in mind certain siege cannons are firearms, and so are energy weapons. You need the special harness to use'em with a beam cannon however, as 'heavy' is not one of the four categories.
>>
>>52087892
Ah, why you gotta go shooting down my dreams? I bet you used a Solar Wind strike to do it, too.
>>
File: T-301_Laser.jpg (46KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
T-301_Laser.jpg
46KB, 640x320px
>>52087903
A level 13 stalker that uses solar wind should always make an x5 critical with phantom sunstorm his opening argument for any fight.

It's just proper manners.
>>
>>52087915

how would one do that
>>
Want to help PLAYETEST?
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71197/spheres-of-might-unofficial-playtest-the-harrowing-modified
>>
Does Scent auto-defeat stealth?
>>
>>52087936
>you have to have int greater than 10 to tell a cat and a dog apart
Never change 2hu.
Actually, do. Change a lot.
>>
>>52087929
Well the level 13 is the hint. What level maneuvers do you get then?

And what maneuvers do you get at *11*?

And what can a stalker do to a critical rating?
>>
>>52087963
Only within 5 feet.
>>
>>52087994
i am retarded, please spoonfeed me the answer instead.
>>
>>52088003
Really? That's balls. I hate this.
>>
File: no spoonfeeding.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
no spoonfeeding.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>52088019
Negative anon.
>>
File: fleur de lys.png (707KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
fleur de lys.png
707KB, 750x750px
>>52086725
>>52086779
Thanks for the review! Sometimes it's good to try something different than the long-winded backstories I tend to write. I'm glad you liked the gimmick, and that the fact that it's utterly a lie was properly noticed!

The personality section is actually pretty accurate, and she actually wouldn't stab her new friends in the back without a seriously good reason. But that wasn't said in the app, so it doesn't really count. She really does want to be a good little minion, though!

She actually does have a backstory, and it's something on the lines of her being in an unstable time loop, which is why she has poorly understood time and divination and other powers. But, the backstory's as mentioned is unimportant; what's really important is she's here to charm people, stab them and smile while doing it!
>>
>>52088029
PLS SPOONFEED ME
>>
>>52087994
A stalker can only increase the crit range, not the multiplier, which is sad.
>>
>>52088043
Twisting Wind Shot is a guaranteed crit on hit once you hit level 11. Phantom Sunstorm is max damage at level 13.

>>52088063
Wrong.
>>
>>52088075
I guess you just need a gun to x5 crit then, right?
>>
>>52087985
Dude what? Even with 1 Int you can still take 10 untrained for a 5, which is enough to identify common CR 1/2 or less creatures.
>>
>>52088116
I mean RAW it's a viable interpretation, even though it's a stupid one. It's a DC 10 nature check to "Identify a common plant or animal," and though to you and I that'd be telling you its technical name, to 2hu that means being able to tell a dog is a dog.
>>
>>52087936
>want to help
>as someone who doesn't know how to optimize, I'm apparently immediately disqualified.
Well, that's that, I guess.
>>
>>52087936
>RAW Prioritizing

Kek

oh 2hu
>>
>>52087578
Yup, 'again' was last thread, but thank you!
>>
>>52086263
>Rory

He is a very good guy/gal. The best in fact.
>>
Thread, I want to make a point of something.

Go read Aisha's app on Dragons2 and consider the following.

Like half the people who read it didn't cognitively get past her being gil-ko, despite her backstory having no relation to him at all beyond aesthetics

Take it as a warning
>>
File: table flip.gif (131KB, 269x200px) Image search: [Google]
table flip.gif
131KB, 269x200px
>someone applied to Dragon 2 with 2B
>>
I think this backstory is too long and winding.

I dunno.

He was just supposed to be a dude that refused to wear a shirt and it became this.

http://pastebin.com/AbYv55Qh
>>
>>52087936
>kitsune and catfolk Lamashtu cult
L-lewd
>>
>>52088417
its not worth it.
>>
Would this build be TOO MUCH?

>Fighter (Two-handed Fighter)//Stalker (Brutal Slayer, Bushi)
>Use a katana
>Gain double strength bonuses on most swings
>At high levels, double the power attack bonus
>Brutal Slayer grants +4/6/8 STR on Crits, potentially +6/+8/+10
>Crit-fish with a Keen Katana

Do I want Primal Fury here? I wouldn't ever consider playing this in a gestalt game, but just HOW high can we pump this guy's damage numbers?
>>
>>52088432
>use a katana
>not a nodachi or falchion
>>
>>52088432
no you broken blade it with weapon group adaptation :^)
>>
>>52088419
I will be the judge of that.
>>
>>52088503
dude its 2hu

its not worth
>>
>>52088446
I get free proficiency with a katana because >Bushi

>>52088477
What if we combine the two?
>>
>>52088522
why would you need to, broken blade is maximum retarded
>>
>>52088509
Are you implying I don't know who that is?
>>
>>52088530
I know but so is Primal Fury. If we combine them we get Retardation^2. I would NEVER play this build in an actual game but just as a thought experiment to see just how stronk we can get.
>>
>>52088413
>he hasn't read my backstory
You're fine, anon. My backstory is easily three times that.
>>
>>52088522
You also have proficiency with both nodachi and falchion because
>martial weapons
and you could do the same with a two-handed katana, which you'd be using unless
>landsknecht
and
>scarlet throne style
>>
How do I play or stat out time-traveling, conspiracy-busting, memelord Alex Jones in Pathfinder?
>>
>>52088546
I believe you.

But this was a 2ND character I was making for fun and this whole story came out of my head
>>
>>52088578
Play an investigator

Make super male enhancement potions and water filters
>>
>>52088578
Ranger, favored enemy (politicians).
>>
>>52088589
Well I think it's fine. I'm no reviewanon though.
>>
>>52088613
I'll probably finish his sheet and junk tomorrow
>>
>>52088631
That's good. Make sure to reserve a slot!
>>
>>52088653
Why, he's a second sheet. I'm not even sure I'll apply with him.

It's mostly for my autistic entertainment to make him in the first place.

A shirtless pirate that fights almost exclusively with a rope dart
>>
>>52088667
O-oh. I thought you were an entirely new applicant.
>>
>>52088578
I don't get it
>>
>>52088682
It's just /pol/ memery escaping its containment board. Just nod and smile and ignore it.
>>
>>52088679
Nope just an autistic fuck
>>
I'm sitting on the idea of a game that I might hopefully take up the reigns (If I can make up my damn mind) and actually run it. Of course, then not only did my elder scrolls fanaticism kick up again, but the new Zelda happened, and I'm enough of a piece of shit to consider running light setting conversions of either of these for my PF game.

I just can't figure out which way to go here.
>>
>>52088781
Go Elder Scrolls, please. I've played every Elder Scrolls game made, from Arena to Skyrim, and I always crave more.
>>
>pyfw you realize you could have doubled your chances of getting into Dragons2 by being a big titted dragon with the exact same backstory
>>
>>52088781
why not use the UESRPG for Elder scrolls
>>
>>52088927
It's a possibility I considered. But both my group and I know pathfinder pretty well, and I didn't see anything that outright wouldn't work with a light conversion
>>
>>52086595
It's pretty fair, my characters are often broad archetypes. I didn't want to elaborate any more on her backstory for fear of making it too long and rambling, but if I've learned anything from these reviews it's that the people in a character's formative years are important and need to be added.
>>
Is anyone going to review the CotLT apps?
>>
>>52089294
Didn't he already select players? There's pretty much no point.
>>
>>52089368
Schadenfreude?
>>
>>52089368
Review the ones who got in. Duh.
>>
would a Bolt Ace|Stygian Slayer/Sniper work? I had an idea for a tacticool marksman character and that's what I came to.
>>
What feats did one require, to make the most of Mithral Current?
>>
>>52089465

Is third party allowed? Because so far that sounds pretty damn good, but the addition of maybe one 3pp class in place of Bolt Ace would compete it.
>>
>>52089575
Quick Draw, mostly.
>>
>>52089590
dreamscarred is allowed, but I don't know it very well at all so I stuck to my comfort zone. Any ideas?
>>
Whens the deadline for Hells vengeance apps anyway?
>>
>>52089660

I would suggest checking out the Warder (Hawkguard), it doesn't have explicitly sniper-esque abilities but it does have the raw damage output you can use to say "one arrow, one kill."
>>
>>52089667

Tuesday, or maybe as soon as the players see some folk they like.
>>
>"With a full-attack action, a shielded fighter may alternate between using his weapon or his shield for each attack. This action does not grant additional attacks or incur penalties as two-weapon fighting does"

Does this mean if I wanted I could make all of my attacks with my shield, or does the word alternating imply I must still split the attacks evenly? How does this combo up with Two-Weapon Fighting?
>>
>>52090326
You can use your shield in place of your main weapon.

It doesn't combo up because you're only using iterative attacks.
>>
>>52089690
Far more importantly the Hawkguard offers several of the defensive and quality-of-life improvements that ranged characters often crave, and offers them earlier than many alternatives.

Most notably, things like "Ranged attacks no longer provoke attacks of opportunity" which is useful when you want to shoot a motherfucker in the face without him getting to auto-2-hander you for twice as much damage as an interrupt action.

At least, not without him actually having to expend a counter-ability to produce such an interrupt.

>>52089465
One warning; be very careful which "sniping" type abilities you get; much of the 1pp stuff in particular is limited to 30ft, like sneak attacks. Often most of your upgrades will at best double that to 60ft. But that's easily in movement range of many things, and hell, 30ft can even be in MELEE REACH of bigger enemies!

If you want to snipe, consider upgrades such as a few levels of the Aegis or Daevic classes; One of the things you're going to need for "one shot" building in pathfinder - due to the extremely heavy focus on multiattacking as the source of damage, and thus harsh limitations on attempting to get high damage on a single attack due to the potential for it to then get multiplied again - is a fuckton of "weapon dice".

That is to say, you want to make your weapon as fuckhuge as possible, or at least, to COUNT AS as big as possible.

For example, you can get a large minotaur double-crossbow (you want a sniping crossbow, or a multiattack crossbow, or ANY crossbow THAT is the one you want. Not the normal double crossbow, that's the diametric opposite, a gigantic trap) if you have 'Powerful Build', and then use something to make it count as x steps larger.

The reason for this is that that is the only part that will be multiplied by Vital Strike, and also what dead-shot multiplies as well.

Better to double 12d6 than double 1d8, right?
>>
>>52090326
You can HOLD two weapons, but only if actively using "two weapon fighting" to obtain bonus attacks are you two-weapon-figthing. If just holding them, you can alternate or use all one or all the other as you wish, for each separate attack you get.
>>
>>52088904

I'm telling you, lewdgames are full of lesbian/transbian autists
>>
>>52090443

The need for multi-attacks are irrelevant, as five shots can easily be fluffed as one very good shot.
>>
>>52090413
>>52090460

What I'm wondering is if if I'm level 6 with Two-Weapon Fighting though, and my Full Attack Action is Attack + Itterative + Off-hand., If I can use that ability to do Shield Bash + Shield Bash + Shield Bash?
>>
>>52090472

I'm not convinced the women in that campaign are lesbians! I think they might like the rod more than the net, if you catch my meaning!
>>
>>52090475
No it can not. Stop being dumb.
>>
>>52090510
I mean, some of us like both, but the rod IS pretty fun~
>>
>>52090528

Of course it can.

You shoot five times at a target and hit all five times. You can fluff that as a single shot (still subtract the ammunition) that hit really goddamn well and hard. If you miss one shot, that just means your aim was a bit off.
>>
>>52090475
Actually, the mechanics are going to fight you every step of the way for that. Tooth and claw, no less.

For example, going from positive to negative reasons roughly:
>An ability that lets you stop one attack per round will most certainly not stop the other four shots!
>Every separate shot could be using a different type of ammunition - or possibly a different weapon entirely
>An ability "loaded" onto one of the shots (unlike conductive which is an activation on-hit) such as certain spells or powers will not function if that particular shot missed, even though the others all hit. You could now fluff it as having gone dud, but that does not always make any sense, and it's still an extra stretching
>Double crossbows literally fire two bolts per shot, and only one of the two can crit or apply precision damage or vital multipliers or rider effects
>DR, resistances, immunities and Hardness (although the first can get 'clustered shots' feat to help against it) all act separately against the volley's individual parts.
>In the case of ammunition that survives or gets caught the other side LITERALLY has gained that many more munitions not just the one
>Every individual shot can trigger an AoO for firing it, so your "one" arrow now causes an entire hasted full attack as an interrupting effect, while a martial or vital strike would trigger only one
>>
>>52090531

Lucky you, Dragons 2 has a lot of rods to choose from!

Which are the best, I wonder?
>>
File: archery.jpg (418KB, 860x1000px) Image search: [Google]
archery.jpg
418KB, 860x1000px
>>52090498
No, you could shield-bash, shieldbash, sword.
You can Shield-Bash+Shield-Bash, and get a third if hasted, or you can Sword and Sword and get a third if hasted, or you can go Shieldbash, Sword, Shieldbash while hasted, or sword shieldbash sword while hasted

But if you want to use TWF, you HAVE to use the off-hand as well. In which case you MUST designate the main-hand for this sequence as separate. Thus you can do Shieldbash, Shieldbash, Sword, or Sword, Sword, Shieldbash, or, if hasted, either: Shieldbash Shieldbash Shieldbash Sword, or Sword Sword Sword Shieldbash.
>>
>>52090584
>fluff single shot
>except the other guy still catches two arrows, gets hit by one, and one ends up in a tree over there, survives destruction chance, and can be picked up by someone else
>and the arrows were different types
>now he and 3 of his friends ALL have an arrow for their bow, though one needs to be pulled out of him
>>
>>52090601
Dragon 1 has the best rod.
You might say he's the ONLY rod you need.
Or, you know, the only rod there.
>>
>>52090676
I don't understan the appeal of the Dragon games and it seens there is the threat of those becoming exponential witj auxiliar GMs.
>>
>>52090601
Ulfric's, most likely. Xen and Rory are also contenders. A lot of the rods are attached to kind of boring dudes. Boring =/= Boning.
>>
>>52090472
>>52090531
Some of us enjoy many more types of things. Why stick to just human forms?
>>
>>52090820
I'll decide on those as an as-we-go basis if I get in.
>>
>>52090710
A couple reasons.
1. /pfg/ loves their options. 25 PB, all 3pp, gestalt attracts attention.

2. Dragons are cool, but rarely used. It's even rarer to get to play as one.

3. Eagle is a pretty cool GM, by all accounts, and the first game has an interesting plot with fun characters.
>>
>>52090710
I don't understand all your spelling errors.
>>
>>52090635
So even using the Shielded Fighter's Shield Fighter ability, I still have to use the sword at least once, aye? What exactly does that aspect of the ability do then? I was under the impression that it was the norm that you can use any weapon you're holding as part of a regular full attack action to begin with, and that the ability in question allowed you to swap those out so you can just do nothing but shield bash, as befits the archetype. Good thing I asked, haha. I'd hate to have designed my whole build around it and find it to not do what I was expecting.
>>
>>52090732
but what about Enkidu?
>>
>>52090942
A regular full attack action is as I explained: a mix as you'd want it, OR all one or the other if you so wish as well.

It's when you activate TWF that things are different, as that is how that particular ability changes your full attack. It REQUIRES you to designate an 'offhand' weapon, and the extra attack is that one while the others are the mainhand.
>>
>>52090957
I don't think anyone wants to fuck a little girl.
>>
>>52090957
Enkidu a maybe. He does sound handsome.
>>
>>52090942
>So even using the Shielded Fighter's Shield Fighter ability, I still have to use the sword at least once, aye?
No.
You could even just dual-wield your shield and shield bash all day. Nothing at all stops you doing this.

It's only if you wield two shields and gain an extra attack does it mean you get slammed with two weapon fighting penalties.
>>
>>52090989
Does it count if I'm also a relatively little girl?
>>
>>52091010

Aurora is for headpats and sad observations on her slim figure in a land of thicc.
>>
>>52091039
Dancing hips and thighs save and take lives
>>
Being smol is suffering
>>
>>52090989
Shes 18
>>
>>52090889
Posting from a cell phone when you have huge thumbs is anal pain.
>>
>>52091200

And she's still unmarried? What a waste.
>>
>>52091214
>Posting from a cell phone when you have huge thumbs is anal pain.
Wreck'dum
>>
Number of attack rolls = number of attacks
Full attack is abstraction, it can have as many or as few attacks as one likes
>>
>>52091318
>white is white
>white is also black
Not sure what you're saying here.
>>
>>52091350
I meant to write =/= but I got distracted by video games
>>
>>52091310
Who's going to marry a girl whos actually a guy and has the world biggest hover dad?
>>
>>52091359
>number of attack rolls =/= number of attacks
But that's wrong.
>>
>>52091362
Well, no one's gonna marry a girl if she's actually a guy, unless they're gay and/or frequent /d/.

Because see, you're NOT marrying a girl, you're marrying a guy. So you literally technically cannot be marrying a girl, there *IS* no girl.
>>
>>52091318
Given the opportunity system, counter system, limited abilities, ammunition differentials, and several other factors, you are completely and unequivocally wrong.
>>
Question, could you animate an Aegis' astral armor via the enhancement sphere's animate object?
>>
>>52091371
eh maybe shouldnt use word attack since it is actual rule term
but there is no rule to say what kind of an action an attack is fluff wise
>>
>>52091376
>you're NOT marrying a girl

I have no idea who the fuck the subject of this is or what they're like, but if they're a shapeshifter, does it even matter what they are?
>>
>>52091399

The subject is a lovely young woman who is actually the reincarnation of a gold dragon's old male friend, and is slowly regaining the memories of her past life.

I do not personally believe this means she is a he, unless she identifies as one which so far she has not.
>>
>>52091417
>reincarnation bullshit is involved

that just makes it EVEN MORE of a "who the fuck cares" scenario
>>
>>52085916

Oddly enough, unlocking Elemental potential actually *would* be seen as a failure by Susurex. The dragon's not interested in making supersoldiers, he's interested in spreading crystals n' shit throughout Osirion. From the backstory it sounds like Susurex was trying to "implant" crystals into Aurelian and hopefully crystallize him, like Tiberium.

After all, the only thing better than crystals that infect the land are crystals that infect organic matter.
>>
>>52091417
you are making this overly complicated
>>
>>52091399
If they're a shapeshifter, then they're an it. That's neutral. The furry community would instead prefer you use the term "herm", but let's not go all yiffing on all this.
>>
>>52091477
Command Self agrees.
Selves should consume Parts and spread.
>>
Wizards are boring, what's a fun way to build a wizard?
>>
>>52091359
For melee you might argue that for every actual attack roll you make a feint and two swings, but for ranged there's actual ammunition to consider. And even for melee, considering your actual number of attacks to be lower than your number of attack rolls is absurd.
>>
>>52091551
Occultist.
>>
>>52091551
You're not super feat hungry anyway, take it as an opportunity to VMC. I got a lot of mileage out of my stage performer Illusionist VMC Bard.
>>
>>52091580

Theater of the mind would say Attack rolls are whenever you strike a perceived opening, there are plenty of parries and feints and attacks to a shield or armor between them.

Better martials can exploit more openings, this is also why anyone can reasonably strike at the belly of a flat-footed dragon.
>>
>>52091551
abjuration arcane archer

It takes a while, you'll be taking your first AA level at 12 or 13, but it's hilariously good at shutting down enemy casters
>>
>>52091551
Admixture Evocationist or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Fireball
>>
>>52091551
Arcanist
Seriously
Arcanist, never look back on Wizard ever again
>>
>>52091580
I mean what is the other alternative?
Nobody can swing a sword more than once in 6 seconds?
>>
>>52085609
Playing a game that's gonna be core+APG only made me forget just how fucking bad alchemists were on release

90% of their discoveries are based around their bomb or mutagen but not even any good and that startling spell list is so lame it actually made me laugh out loud
>>
>>52091580
>And even for melee, considering your actual number of attacks to be lower than your number of attack rolls is absurd.

Stab and twist, anon. Stab and twist.
>>
>>52091395
There is, particularly thanks to stuff like Hammer the Gap, and stuff that interact with individual attacks like Parry and Riposte (as shit as Swashbuckler is), with many more examples in 3pp content.
>>
>>52088578
Commoner with 3 int.
>>
>>52091652
>Your twist misses
>Your other twist gets countered; he blinks 30ft away instantly but your sword remains in your hand even though if he HAD been impaled on it as you describe it literally would have teleported with him without you if you failed the save, but there was not so much as a save to be made
>>
>>52091676
man hammer the gap
what a good idea ruined with a shit feat
>>
>>52091676
Also catch arrows, or the fact that particular bolts and arrows are entirely different; for example you could fire 2 scattershots, a slug, and finish off with a dragonbreath round.
>>
>>52085720
>>52085748
Yuria here.

Woops. I can honestly say that it wasn't my intention to pin her evilness on the rape, but with how it was written, it certainly did so. I suppose that's what happens when you push out a backstory while sleep deprived.

The idea was that it wasn't what they did that made her evil, it was everything that she gave up in her pursuit of vengeance that made her evil. She became so detached from the morals, values and fears of normal people that she became a monster in her own right. And being a monster feels good to her. My original intention was to set her up as somebody who views themselves as a monster and doesn't know what to do with themselves. Yuria is supposed to feel lost in the world.

I've cleaned up her backstory and personality segment. I'd also like to thank ReviewAnon for his input. I like the idea of a character who has a few stories behind her already, but I've modified the backstory a bit more to make it at least drop her off on the footsteps of the campaign, rather than have her seek it out herself. I'll probably be cleaning up the profile again later once I have thought it over some more, but I like it in its current state.
>>
>>52091696
Jabbing master is a pretty cool way of doing it

Too bad it takes way too fucking many feats and comes way too late
>>
>>52091696
I think the dumbest part of it is how it's completely incompatible with a machinegun because it's a damage feat (really paizo...)

So, the ability to cause more damage by putting large amounts of firepower in the same spot does not work with the weapon that puts out the largest amount of shots which *CAN INDEED* be in the same spot (in fact, it's more accurate than bows and arrows!)
>>
>>52091696
I'd be happy if Hammer the Gap was just melee Clustered Shots.
I'd be happy if Hammer the Gap had some multiplier.

A Hasted level 20 fighter with Hammer the Gap deals an astounding extra 10 damage if all attacks hit.
>>
>>52089368
What >>52089436 and >>52089377 said; there's something viscerally-satisfying about knowing your own app should have been better than the ones who actually got in!
>>
>>52091636
Did you read what I wrote? Yes, of course you're swinging your sword more than once per round - but claiming the opposite, that you made three attack rolls but only one of them was actually an attack is absurd.
>>
>>52091726
Oh that fucking feat was made exclusively to be brawler unique ability
At this point, I am willing to concede all feat chains are brawler class abilities
>>
>>52091720
Happy ending it seems
>>
>>52091749
Except for Dragon Style. Monks can get that too!
>>
>>52091551
Admixture Evocation Specialist, VMC Sorcerer! Master the Path of EXPLOSIONS!
>>
>>52091687
Fluff follows mechanics, anon. You only describe it as a stab and a twist when 2/3 attacks hit. Obviously you wrenched it out in a shower of blood before he teleported.
>>
>>52091749
Unchained monks are better at using it than brawlers

Brawlers should just stick to pummeling style so they can actually move and attack
>>
Sell me on SoM
What cool stuff does it enable
>>
>>52091782
>VMC Sorcerer
>VMC Sorcerer doesn't get Bloodline Arcanas
>Bloodline Arcanas is how you go Megumin
???
>>
Is it worth spending 3 levels in unchained rogue for an unchained monk to get 2d6 sneak attack and dex-to-damage on unarmed strikes?
>>
>>52091811
blood havoc
trade 1st level bloodline ability for +1 damage per dice
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 552x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 552x720px
Trying to decide whether or not I should dip maybe two levels in Barbarian for my Two Handed Fighter. I fear Rage may lose its usefulness down the line, and I don't know if stuff like Armored Hulk's movement bonus or Invulnerable Rager's DR is worth it either when it's such a small dip.

Suppose I could just keep going THF too. I'm already level four so Weapon Training's real close, could take Advanced Weapon Training right then at 5.
>>
>>52091792
Except in this system with many, MANY abilities, you have to attempt something in particular BEFORE you know the results of it.

While it can - with a whole lot of stretching - be fluffed after the fact if you really must with melee, requiring you do ALL the mechanical aspects BEFORE you describe anything at all however - it CANNOT function that way with ranged attacks.
>>
>>52091902
>Whenever a bloodrager or a sorcerer gains a new bloodline power, she can swap her bloodline power for a bloodline mutation whose prerequisites she meets.
No.
>>
>>52091926
Whenever you cast a bloodrager or sorcerer spell that deals damage, add 1 point of damage per die rolled. This benefit applies only to damaging spells that belong to schools you have selected with Spell Focus or that are bloodline spells for your bloodline.

This ability replaces the sorcerer’s 1st-level bloodline power or the bloodrager’s 4th-level bloodline power.

Yes
>>
>>52091971
Except you can only take it as a bloodrager or sorcerer, by RAW. A VMC bloodrager or sorcerer does not count as a bloodrager or sorcerer.
>>
>>52091720
Glad I could help then. I just want to make apps great
>>
>>52091513
If they're a shapeshifter it'd be best to use whatever they're identifying as at the moment. Herms are separate and possess both sets of genitalia.
>>
>>52091971
>Whenever you cast a bloodrager or sorcerer spell that deals damage, add 1 point of damage per die rolled
Bloodrager or sorcerer spell. Doesn't apply to your wizard spells.
>>
File: Identifies as.jpg (115KB, 1102x627px) Image search: [Google]
Identifies as.jpg
115KB, 1102x627px
>>52092047
ONLY in the context of maintaining a disguise.

Identification is for others, not for oneself. You could identify as a goddess all you want, that doesn't mean you deserve worship, only that you're a total douchebag if you get offended for not getting said worship.
>>
>>52091925
>Except in this system with many, MANY abilities, you have to attempt something in particular BEFORE you know the results of it.

Yes...?

You say "I'll make a full attack on the guy" and then if you hit then you describe accordingly, or if you miss you describe accordingly.

You say "I'll try to sway the crowd with a stirring speech and point out how the king's paid money to have people killed" and if you roll well you give a big speech, but if you roll poorly you describe how you insult the crowd and call them cowards for not standing up to the murderous king which evidence will probably be provided later for.

You say you'll manyshot the guy and he smashes one from the air, one gets through and one misses; you describe a volley of arrows but one that he catches manages to wound his hand.

It's all fluff that follows mechanical resolution that's up to you.
>>
>>52092114
Manyshotting is at least firing a bunch of arrows.

What you've been arguing for is
>Guy uses rapid+manyshot, smashes one from the air, one gets caught, one hits, one misses and breaks, one misses but doesn't break
Being a SINGLE arrow, even though there's now literally one in the guy, one in his other hand, one planted in the dirt, one broken one in front of him and one broken one a couple of dozen feet past him.
>>
>>52092160
I'm not that guy. Still, I might consider describing it that way if I had a lenient GM (i.e. one who doesn't measure the number of fucking arrows I'm firing around).
>>
>>52092160
You can refluff feats too you know
>>
So, I have an honest question, and I want to know if I am just deluding myself.

I'm the player of Yuria, but looking closely at Shizuka, I fear that she might just be strictly better than Yuria. Yuria is tankier, can buff and has a different personality, but I think Shizuka can out-damage and out-utility Yuria handily. Have I made a mistake going for the Blind Samurai archetype here?
>>
>>52092106
Yes, and if they're physically shaped as a male then you can identify them as a male. If they're physically shaped as a female then you can identify them as such. Then my reason their gender identity would ever not match their physical shape would be if they want it that way, and there's no point to doing that. They'll never be an "it" as long as they have a human shape because perfect androgyny is pretty much impossible.
>>
>>52092188
AMMUNITION.
COUNT.

Go ahead. Fluff me exactly this as one single crossbow bolt:
1 broken +3 bolt (Smashed from the Air)
1 held +2 flaming burst arrow (Caught; can be used)
1 missed acid-head bolt (grenade-scatter landing location result. Intact.)
1 missed nonmagical standard bolt (destroyed)
1 grappling bolt (planted square in the target: damage dealt, line holding)
>>
>>52092249
There's no reason*
>>
>>52092249
They're an it because it's a neutral term.
They can also be called an 'it' because "it changes all the time", leading to a neutral term because for all you know right now it's turning that dick into six vaginas and a starbucks, but by the time you flip its skirt it'll be a Mcdonalds and two cocks again.
>>
>>52092241
Dont worry about optimization.

Some characters can do it all, some cant. It doesnt matter, just whether Eagle thinks you're endearing and not annoying.

>Tfw probably getting rejected because of annoying him
>>
>>52092302
It's OK I know I'm not getting picked because nobody likes me cause I'm not a waifu or husbando
>>
>>52092260
if I were you anon I would have added an adamantine clause in there; two of them went through a wall, leaving two different parallel holes. Quite the quantum arrow there!

>>52092280
>and a starbucks
isn't that just redundant?
also not having a KFC in there oppresses me.
>>
>>52092280
Are Starbucks and McDonalds new euphemisms for something or is that you being silly?
>>
>>52092302
>>52092241
Here is a question. Is Cancer Elf endearing evil or annoying evil?
>>
>>52092302
Besides when it comes to optimization you can always just *ask* for help. A lot of optimizers *LOVE* helping others in the group get 'up to par' so to speak.
>>
>>52092330
Petty evil
>>
>>52092330
He is by far the most evil of the lot and managed to do it by not actually hurting a single person.
>>
>>52092325
you're a shapeshifter, you gonna tell me you can't do all sorts of silly tricks with it?

>I made it look like Grimace, and it would giggle every time it stroked her clit. Drove the poor whore clinically insane. I guess I should've stuck to having a Burger King Crown as the head
>>
>>52092338
>>52092302
Alright. I'm still worried about her potentially eclipsing my character due to similar character roles, but I'll just have fun with the roleplay, so it should be fine.
>>
File: grimace_is_a_pimp.png (467KB, 658x626px) Image search: [Google]
grimace_is_a_pimp.png
467KB, 658x626px
>>52092360
I forgot the picture.

But when you can switch it around like that, or that quickly, demanding specific pronouns for whatever you are at the moment, that's just being an asshole, since the only reason to do that would be so you can get offended every time they get it wrong. And you may be able to make them wrong midway through every single sentence too.

So, a neutral term is best. Because what you really identify as as a shapeshifter is white-noise or outright signal-jamming.
>>
>>52092330
Endearing Evil. Specifically, a cute idea comes to mind where his scars are exposed but Yuria can't see them because she's blind. But I tend to like party dynamic stuff like that.
>>
>>52092302
>When you have such little presence that people mistake your game for Eagles game...

Akarin...
>>
>>52092415
Shizuka x Talathel > Yuria x Talathel

Wait no. Yuria and Shizuka are already competing. My god, it's perfect.

Shizuka x Talathel x Yuria
>>
Why does arcanist even exist?

>Drawbacks of both wizard and sorcerer casting
>In exchange you get exploits, most of which suck and you have the most annoying way to recover your resource pool of any class
>Archetypes are just poor mans version of various arcane classes but you retard your exploit progression, the reason you picked this class over the one you're trying to emulate, to get them
>Entire class is outdone by an archetype of another one

I genuinely don't get why you'd ever play this over any other caster
>>
>>52092461
This is bait
>>
>>52092461
I always hear the opposite, that the Arcanist obsoletes wizard somehow because they have the ability to burn their pool for +2 DC or something
>>
>>52091739
I've considered simply having Hammer the Gap be like Rend. If two or more attacks hit, you also deal an extra amount of damage equal to 2X+1.5Y, X being the number of attacks you hit with, Y being your strength modifier.
>>
>>52092325

McDonalds are full of meat while Starbucks are staffed by pussies.
>>
Are Samurai Edicts actually important? I want to make Yuria into an Order of the Eastern Star instead of Order of the Cockatrice, but the edicts don't match up at all.
>>
>>52092419
Did your RWBY game ever get off the ground, Argent?
>>
>>52092280
"They" is the appropriate gender neutral term. "He" is also technically gender neutral. "It" is for objects.
>>
>>52092517
Both of them did. They're running well from the greentexts that are posted.

I'm still sad I didn't get in...
>>
>>52092461
>Upsides of both wizard and sorcerer casting with none of the drawbacks

FTFY. The only "drawback" they have is that their spells follow sorcerer progression and not wizard progression.
>>
File: 0235.png (177KB, 506x832px) Image search: [Google]
0235.png
177KB, 506x832px
>>52086371
>>52086382
Thanks for the review! This is kind of what I thought about it myself. I don't like writing in a whole lot of characters into a backstory, but you're right, I should at least namedrop a few important people.
>>
>>52090732
With this talk of shapeshifters, isn't Rory technically an "it" and not a him?
>>
>>52092489
Good argument

>>52092491
>>52092531
even if we ignore the wizard archetype that is literally just "you get arcanist powers" in exchange for stuff you either don't really need or can get back

arcanist has sorcerer progression (which is already objectively worse than wizard) except it also doesn't have the extra slots per day that sorcerer has

having spells of a higher level > having slightly more or more freedom of a lower one because spells aren't specialized enough. being able to readjust what you're doing with a bit more ease than a wizard doesn't matter when you can just prepare all the "always good" spells 90% of the time, something wizard gets way sooner because they don't have to wait that extra level

so again, why not just play exploiter wizard?
>>
>>52092241
Hey, I'm Shizuka's player, and i'll just give you my blunt opinion on this topic

Yes. Shizuka is pretty much going to outdamage Yuria handily, especially later on She's an action economy manipulating initiator/nuker, it was never a fair playing field there.

As for Utility, I don't know, a Rubato bard still brings a lot of utility, and while I don't know shit about the blind samurai archetype, i'm sure it brings some as well. You're probably fine on that end.

The only concern I have is that they share a lot of the same conceptual space of 'bloodthirsty samurai girl', but they seem to take it in different directions. While Yuria is a hurt, rash, and seemingly person, whereas Shizuka is someone totally at peace with herself, and more airy and weird.

I personally think its fine. I kinda like Yuria, and while she does share the conceptual space, I think the two girls are sufficiently different from eachother for it not to be a major problem.
>>
>>52092577
Because then I can't be a Diviner wizard!
>>
>>52092631
Tells us what you feel about Cancer Elf.
>>
>>52092655
Nigga best not touch my paintings.
>>
>>52092631
Excellent! I'm probably going to be modifying Yuria slightly in the coming days to focus less on DPS and prioritize tankiness and buffing. I have no doubt that the two can coexist now. Thanks for the input!
>>
>>52092703
Now the question is this, which of his personal drives is stronger?

Self preservation or his desire to break shit?
>>
>Sir Nefarious
10/10 insta include.
>>
I'm looking into Summoners. Should I go with unchained or pre unchained? My DM doesn't care.
>>
>>52092865
go unchained so you're not a complete jackass
>>
>>52092865
Chained has a lot more customablility with their eidolon and a stronger spell lost. Just don't abuse Summon Monster, give it up with Spirit Summoner for hexes.
>>
>>52092755
The answer is, he has to frame someone else, clearly.

Possibly by shoving someone else through the frame.
>>
>>52092865
neither one fixes the actual issue of summon monster SLA so it doesn't really matter
>>
>>52092419
Oh shit, Im sorry. I lumped her in because I vaguely remembered her from Reviewanon.

I havent read all the apps to either game. My bad.
>>
>>52092865
Go chained but use the unchained spell list.
>>
>>52092923
Honestly framing someone doesn't seem in character for him.
>>
>>52091551
Elemental schools
>>
>Nazri

I want to bully that rat.
>>
>>52091807
Shadow of the Colossus enemy climbing, parkour, Ornstein Spear Grabs, Cross Counters, usable Crossbow tech, Street Fighter Meter
>>
Who is the most eligible Hell's Vengeance bachelor? Bachelorette? Which character is most likely to be a virgin?
>>
>>52093211
Shizuka is definitely not a virgin is all i can say for sure.
>>
>>52093211
My character would be a virgin if I applied
>>
>>52093217
another thing her and Yuria have in common :^)
>>
>>52093211

Shizuka is an excellent fuckbuddy but a poor partner, she's busty and tight with a thing for her partner going rough, but she's kind of irreparably insane.

The most eligible bachelorette is Yori, who is by all accounts a huge lovable dumbie whose greatest sin is being an inscrutable lawyer.
>>
>>52093211
Zeno is maximum waifu bait.
>>
>>52092517
Yup, next session is this Saturday.
>>
File: Velour.png (226KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
Velour.png
226KB, 400x533px
>>52093170
We're also working on getting the playtest out sometime next week if at all possible. There's some spheres that need a few more talents to hit the 20 each that we're trying to get to, Alchemy is being added as a general use sphere, we're still doing more skill based spheres which should be eventually added to the playtest.

For me personally, what SoM adds is more mobile combat and dynamic options, an attempt to make certain weapons more viable, and giving value to lesser options. Plus giving some DMC style stuff to combat is always fun, with one of my faves being combining mobile striker with gun kata to run towards an opponent, jump over their head, punch them in the skull, follow it up with a shot, and possibly using wall runner as well to climb up a wall afterwards, preparing to launch off of it next turn like a janky Maximum Spider style maneuver.
>>
New bread
>>52093271
>>52093271
>>52093271
>>
Holy fuck, there's four people with 20 Int in the new Hell's Vengeance applications.
>>
>>52093293

What, never heard of an evil genius?
>>
>>52093293
It's the most villainous mental score. And apparently dex is the evil physical score.
>>
>>52093293
Shizuka has 20 int as well

smart people confirmed for evil
>>
>>52093170
>Ornstein Spear Grabs
Can I shock the fuck out of my opponent on my spear?
>>
>>52093324
Well, you can if it's an electric spear, or if your a Magus who spent the feats to grab combat sphere then uses shocking grasp the next round
Or sphere caster with the weapon talent and feats from destruction.
Or wait until the Gish book
>>
>>52093354
...that's an interesting thought on how to do things like that.
>>
>>52093289
>next week if at all possible
Here's to hoping!
>>
>>52093362
I'm a fan of the "nail and hammer" school of combat
>>
>>52093354
I'd still fucking kill a man to have stuff that improves upon Arcane Pool and makes them feel actually competitive with real sphere effects. If you're going to force me to combine arcane pool and spell pool, make my Arcane Pool stuff ACTUALLY AS GOOD AS THE SPELLS WITH EQUAL COST REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52093410
I had an alternative Sphere Magus archetype (which I stole) I'd be willing to share with you.
Granted, it's primarily built around d one sphere in particular, but it does have scaling abilities. Though I haven't touched it in years, and I may have to wait until I'm home to get my mitts on it
>>
>>52093257
>marrying a lawyer
Not even once.
>>
Only Official Material. Chained Summoner. Is it possible to create a working ranged Eidolon? Looking for anything on the spectrum from pure martial to mostly casting.
>>
>>52093832
Give it a bow.
Thread posts: 412
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.