[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JumpChain CYOA Thread #1379 : Jumpmaker Appreciation Thread Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 413
Thread images: 41

File: 1488976022270s.jpg (5KB, 222x250px) Image search: [Google]
1488976022270s.jpg
5KB, 222x250px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>
>Previous Thread
>>52072666
>>
Whats there to do in Bayonetta?
>>
>>52085127
Damn it OP. . .
>>
>>52085156
Obtain waifus
>>
>>52085156
Get raped? According to the shitposter, at least.
>>
>>52085176
>Get raped?
wat
>>
>>52085156
Something something "in Bayonetta"
>>
>>52085156
Well, there is a bar. You could get drunk.
>>
>>52085189
>insert whining about insufficient powerlevels here.

Just that, basically. And then 'Bay could rape a jumper' got brought up somehow.
>>
File: 1479389383479.png (57KB, 369x405px) Image search: [Google]
1479389383479.png
57KB, 369x405px
>>52085156
Last time I jumped Bayonetta, I completely blew off the actual plot in favor of becoming a hotshot detective having a bunch of random adventures that usually ended in fighting demons and angels. Sometimes both at once.

This was the same chain where the Jumper got erased from existence after having an unwinnable scenario dropped on them, so I'm going to guess my fake Brooklyn accent during said jump angered the benefactor.

I met Bayonetta all of once during that entire jaunt. She made a coy remark about popsicle stands and then strut in the opposite direction.

She seemed nice.
>>
>>52084374
Crysis
Mortal Instruments
Mortal Engines
His Dark Materials
Leviathan Series

Guess I'm probably the only one here that even knows about the Leviathan series.
>>
>>52085210
>Bay could rape a jumper
That's a bad thing?
>>
>>52085256
That reaction was had.

Speaking of that though, what's a good way to woo her?
>>
>>52085210
>>52085256
Well, he did rape the Transformers franchise, and TMNT.
If he can do that, he can probably rape a Jumper.
>>
>>52085311
>Explosions and fellation of the US military
But anon, I already constantly make things explode and am a member of the US military. Any movie Bay makes would be an accurate representation.
>>
>>52085269
Be good at flirting and better at fighting.
>>
How would I go about turning the Golden Stud from Chrono Trigger into a ring or something ans still having it function? Earrings aren't really my style.
>>
>>52085480
Just put it in the charm pouch from Evermore and forget about accessorizing.
>>
>>52085480
I recommend not wearing it on your ear, then.
>>
Other than the ones in Overwatch and Harry Potter are there any good perks giving lazy jumpers a strong work ethic?
>>
>>52085497
attitude in power rangers
>>
>>52085497
Yeah, probably, but fuck if I'm going to look them up.
>>
File: Gold_Stud.png (35KB, 141x133px) Image search: [Google]
Gold_Stud.png
35KB, 141x133px
>>52085480
This >>52085487 .

Or just rework it into your ring's setting. I think Red said Armor Reshaping works on non-armor clothing? If it works on jewelry, that'd make it easier, and it's only 50 CP. If it doesn't... well, it shouldn't be that hard anyway.
>>
>>52085497
Diligence from Persona.
>>
>>52085480
Is it magic? You could probably use that one Crucible from Journey to the West to rip its enchantments out and put them somewhere else. If it's fiat, take Weapon Synthesis from Dark Cloud or Self-Made Shopkeeper from Recettear to pass over 1-2 traits from one item to another.
>>
File: 1481699169233.gif (689KB, 495x278px) Image search: [Google]
1481699169233.gif
689KB, 495x278px
>>52085497
What, knowing that mystical knowledge makes you the master of the universe and scientific knowledge does the same by proxy isn't enough for you?
>>
Not The World I Live In (+400):
“Yes… Yes, I can see now… I can see the future of this world. A world ruled by the Horde. MY Horde. We are the Orcish Horde, the True Horde. We die, bloody and thrashing on the field of battle, like true orcs SHOULD.
The True Horde WILL come to pass. I have SEEN it. IT HAS SHOWN ME. I HAVE SEEN MOUNTAINS OF SKULLS AND RIVERS OF BLOOD. AND I WILL… HAVE… MY… WORLD!
THERE IS NO PLACE FOR YOU IN MY WORLD!”
Garrosh, you fool. And Thrall all the worse for failing to teach the right lessons… This is not a normal Azeroth you arrive in, friend. With the strength of his will and ego giving Garrosh control over the dark powers bequeathed by the Heart of the Old God Y’shaarj, the True Horde finds itself in an odd state of balance with the powers of the Void - a balance they exploited for every last inch of blood-soaked ground. Azeroth belongs to the orcs now, with many of it’s original inhabitants slaughtered or enslaved by Garrosh’ mad bid to conquer. Azeroth’s skies now permanently weep with the blood of the fallen - for even as the Legion makes it’s bids to conquer the world and destroy it, the Horde pushes them back time and time again and tightens their grip.
With even the weak and bestial races - murloc, gnoll, quilboar, kobold, and countless others - mutated and twisted into a subservient ‘Mongrel Horde’ to aid the orcish expansion, Azeroth’s future is all but finished. The only hope it has now is that everything Garrosh has built may be burned to the ground, such that whatever distant beings long into another era may grow and build their own lives - without the tyranny of the orcs.
Rise up.

Not quite a part of the drawback section and something I SHOULD ABSOLUTELY BE WORKING ON LAST AFTER THE MAIN BULK OF THE JUMP IS DONE, but have another teaser.

... Cuz the last two teasers got noticed...

... fuggit I'll just get back to work. Ya'll have a good night.
>>
>>52085497
I think Genius of Hard Work from Naruto does that.
>>
>>52085562
>spoiler
I don't normally condone for violence, but Garrosh can go fuck himself with a rusty rake.

>>52085524
I'm... not sure if jewelry counts that far.
>>
>>52085562
>Garrosh
That orc deserves a kick to the nuts
One kick to the nuts for every life his father, whom he comes to idolize, took.
>>
I don't need sleep apparently.

>>52085480
Technically, you could just shift the enchantment wholesale using Dungeons and Dragons magic. Take a drink. It usually required a ritual, but it was a short one and relatively cheap. The only downside was that you have to shift the entire enchantment in one go. No splitting it up into parts of anything. Which works great for your purpose.

>>52085562
Oh, man... You're really tempting me to take this after hitting up Warhammer 40k to just continue purging greenskins from the multiverse. Warhammer 40k tech vs World of Warcraft magic sounds like a battle too good to pass up.

And besides, it's WoW, so there's not much of value lost anyways.
>>
>>52085652
>ou're really tempting me to take this after hitting up Warhammer 40k to just continue purging greenskins from the multiverse. Warhammer 40k tech vs World of Warcraft magic sounds like a battle too good to pass up.
>Not grabbing Orks in Fantasy or LoT and unleashing them on Azeroth
>Not watching Ork fight Orc and placing bets on the result with anyone willing to make bets with you.
>>
>>52085652
That's assuming that magic systems (and magical enchantments) are interchangeable.
>>
So...how badly do I fuck up the plot of Naruto if I accidentally cause Sasuke to get the Mango eyes in the Wave arc? And Itachi kinda gets his shit pushed in at Tanzaku Gai, gets sent back to Konoha, and gets pardoned and healed by Tsunade after she learns the truth of the massacre? And ROOT is subsequently forcibly disbanded in a massive operation?
>>
>>52085705
Pretty sure you just fucked up the plot to an incredible degree.
>>
>>52085705
You've fucked it irrevocably. Which might actually be a good thing in some ways. There's no way of knowing how it'll go from there, but I wouldn't assume that it would be that easy to "disband" Root.
>>
>>52085739
It would probably be made immensely easier by shooting Danzo in the face from a mile away with a .50 BMG.
>>
>>52085761
Yeah but then a whole lot of deep cover autists suddenly have no direction. It would be a total fuckfest.
>>
>>52085693
I'm not saying it won't take some effort on your part, but it's the only starting point I could think of that wasn't already mentioned.

>>52085679
You... I like you. Your proposal pleases me deeply.

Of course, that whole idea would revolve around me not shooting a Greenskin on sight by pure instinct.
>>
>>52085506
>>52085526
>>52085576
Those work, thanks.
>>
>>52085761
Pretty sure he could dodge that pretty easily, if not just shrug it off. Dude kept up with middle of Part 2 Sasuke.

Even if it does hit and somehow kill him, he'd just Izanagi it.
>>
>>52085761
Well, I might have exploded his head a time or ten. Psychic powers do help sometimes. He only had so many eyes to use for extra lives, after all.
>>
>>52085770
So instead you stop time, rip all of Danzo's knowledge from his mind, lobotomize him, turn him into a flesh golem with all of the memories and personality of the original but with absolute loyalty to you, and have him slowly disband ROOT and give them help reintegrating with society.

>>52085783
1. Dodging is incredibly unlikely because Naruto ninjas need to actively channel chakra to get up to that speed and he would need to see it comin. And seeing as it's a small piece of metal flying at him from a mile away fast enough to outrun it's own sonic boom, meaning it explodes his head before the sound has a chance to reach him, that I'd also incredibly unlikely. Maybe, /MAYBE/, one of his ROOT agents would see the bullet flying at him and intercept it, but it's basically impossible that he would.

2. He most certainly will not activate Izanagi after his brain has been turned into ninja jello and plastered across the street.
>>
>>52085799
...Steal them?
>>
>>52085846
There's just something so satisfying about blowing his head up multiple times, though. It's almost therapeutic.
>>
>>52085652
>continue purging greenskins from the multiverse.
ORKS DID NOTH'N WRONG! GO AN’ STAY GO!
>>
File: goldstar.png (100KB, 503x479px) Image search: [Google]
goldstar.png
100KB, 503x479px
>>52085517
>>
>>52085867
One more for the list.

Don't worry. I'll send my very best Guardsmen.
>>
>>52085497
There's one perk in Mushoku Tensei that makes training and pushing your body to your limits actually enjoyable for you.
>>
64. The Sims 3
Skills: Green Thumb, Charismatic, Virtuoso
Special Abilities: Always Hiring, Steel Bladder, Irresistable, Seduction Master, Basement Dweller, Pooled Resources
Drawbacks: Error 12

Adjusting to worlds not founded on imminent violence is always a challenge, for both me and my companions, but you pick up little tricks along the way. Oto needs to be kept away from bars and given a team to lead. Sports usually works, but so does running an office, as she's fond of corporate warfare. Suke just needs structure and consistency, and a boat to work on if at all possible. Isolation can help a bit too. Jessica needs a long-term project and a gym membership. She tends to find both of them in men before she gets bored and restless. If you keep cycling her through losers and muscleheads it can easily last ten years. Hana is something of an opportunistic merchant, so I get her a job that involves flying around the country selling stuff and she watches out for herself just fine. Zeke requires a lot of chaos to function, and the problem is keeping it contained around him. Relationships must end catastrophically or beautifully. Every fire must be watched, rain must be danced in. He's a drama queen and he'll make problems if they don't come to him quickly enough. Chesnaught and Somni can't functionally be separated from combat, being warrior animals, but they do share a commiseration over it. They also love to use their talents to put on shows for the neighbor kids. I mostly use them to help with managing everyone else when they aren't choreographing a fight with werewolves.

But we all share the Dojo in the mountain when we find ourselves to inclined to violence to function. It's like punching a pillow, except they all end up bruised and smiling.
>>
So I'm looking at the Scroll of Thoth in Gargoyles and I barely remember anything about the show. How powerful are memebers of the Third Race? What can they do? Once you become an Avatar of one of them, do you need to keep the Scroll on you to remain so or is it more like a ritual that permanently give you their power?
>>
>>52086041
I forgot about Deacon, who blends in everywhere and is, in base Deacon form, a very politically active man. He has never experienced a world where people can just settle down and not have to fight to survive. But he's also the guy talking most of my companions down when I'm not around. He's used to keeping situations under control, and I'm very grateful for that.
>>
>>52086111
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpk2qt_g243-grief_shortfilms

>How powerful are memebers of the Third Race? What can they do?
Varies heavily and usually follows a theme. Some are tricksters that specialize in making weird shit happen like converting all of Manhattan into Gargoyles, memories and all. Banshee can scream really loud. Anubis can move around life energy, but apparently can't bring people back. Odin is befitting of his legend. They are all immortal, though.

>Once you become an Avatar of one of them, do you need to keep the Scroll on you to remain so or is it more like a ritual that permanently give you their power?

It's a one and done thing, but they can be stolen if someone else has the scroll. Also, it's apparently mind affecting in the way you understand your power.
>>
>>52086297
Does the Phoenix Gate allow you to travel back before you arrived in the jump, or just to that point? I know about the "no changing" clause, but wouldn't going further back technically be changing things just by virtue of you being there?
>>
File: jc4.jpg (63KB, 845x521px) Image search: [Google]
jc4.jpg
63KB, 845x521px
>>52085156
Drink.
Gatecrash the borders of Paradiso and beat up errant angels.
Jump through a portal to enter Muspellheim, which is basically Valhalla for angels and demons but rebranded and more on fire.
Pose seductively on fast moving vehicles.
Perform unethical experiments to absorb human energy for enhancing supernatural powers.
Explore the ancient Umbra/Lumen civilisations through one of the many time portals which open up absolutely everywhere for various reasons
Decide the fate of the universes by fighting the heavens above (the demons haven't seem to have come up with any world domination plans in 2 games because they're too busy fighting each other)
Find a rival to have sick pose battles with

>>52085269
Stop her mom from getting killed by an asshole time travelling chaos god called Loptr, and save her dad from having to sacrifice himself to seal Loptr's soul from doing more time shenanigans.

>>52085311
I mean, to be fair?

I've seen worse takes on the Transformers. Nothing, NOTHING is ever going to top Kiss Players.

It is pretty funny Megatron becomes increasingly heroic with every film, though.
>>
Did the old Andromeda WiP ever go anywhere?

And if not does anyone have a copy of it?
>>
>>52086346
An interesting logical conundrum. The basic idea is that you can't alter the timeline, so if you went back you already went back and if you didn't you didn't. But your existence alters the timeline anyway.

I've basically settled on you not being able to change anything so that the starting conditions of the jump changed. The plot is always how it would be when you got there. Feel free to go back and start a bank account 80 years ago, or peak at what happened during a specific time. All attempts to save someone's mom will probably fail, though.
>>
>>52086428
Wow, that's bretty good. Thanks, mate.
>>
>>52085562
That drawback reminds me of the old Warcraft III Custom Map "Glory of the Horde" which is based around a "What if" the Horde had won the Second War.
>>
Hey, are both GBEs that you can get in BLAME! pistol-shaped?
>>
File: JC13.jpg (7KB, 187x400px) Image search: [Google]
JC13.jpg
7KB, 187x400px
>>52086564
Far as I know, yes except for the one built into your suit.

>>52086511
>Warcraft 3 custom map

I really liked that tower defence secret level.

>tfw suddenly dozens of pandas and you have to ice/burn/electrocute/magicsplode them all to death
>>
File: Sanakan.jpg (391KB, 1728x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Sanakan.jpg
391KB, 1728x2000px
>>52086564
There are three GBEs; one is Killy's pistol shaped WMD, the next is also a pistol (the multiple fire modes gun of another character with a weak GBE added to it), and finally one that is built into a suit which looks like pic related.
>>
>>52086618
>>52086636
Got it, thanks!
>>
>>52086641
If you don't care about CP fiat, grab a particle shotgun. It's a very niche weapon that pierces structure "rivaling Megastructure", but it's a shotgun that has a range of a rocket launcher and the spread of a shotgun.
>>
How different are the forms of Ki, Chi, Qi, and other variants between jumps? Between levels of potency, potential uses, and shit like that.
>>
>>52087042
People don`t seem to realize that Ki, Chi, and Qi are all synonyms for the same thing, just that one is romanized Japanese and two are romanized Chinese.
>>
>>52087091
well I understand but what I'm ASKING is due to different jumps having different words for it, is there any DIFFERENCE between how different worlds handle such things?

Like, is there a difference between Dragon Ball's Chi and Street Fighter's Ki and ad nauseum for other setting's bullshit. At least answer the question if you're going to nitpick my use of words.
>>
65. Disney Princess
Location: Forest Kingdom, Hero: Robin Hood, Villain: Shan Yu, Support: Chien-Po
Perks: Sing A Little Song, Minion Song, Sidekick Song, "I Am" Song, Duet, Secret Message, Très Belle, Healing Tears
Items: Formal Wear, Amulet
Drawbacks: Outside Tech Discouragement Policy

Okay, furry King Richard versus the Mongol Hordes. How is this happening? Have the Mongols traveled through time to fight in the Crusades? Did they conquer Southern Europe and decide to take over England? Are there more nefarious forces at work here? I mean, yeah, probably the last one. I'm pretty nefarious and Jumpchan doesn't exactly care about morality. And we don't even have any mountains to drop on them, sadly. Just about 800 years of technological innovation, a navy, and a jumper.

I think that would have been enough, had the Mongols any sense of honorable combat. They pretty much immediately go for the exact opposite whenever possible. This wasn't really a problem until the throne room was suddenly full of jaundiced soldiers during dinner one night, and I had to fight our way out. I'm not exceptionally durable, and could reasonably fall to enough arrows or swords. And my companions have only the perk that let them sense ki from Dragon Ball and whatever otherwise useful stuff I could hand them, so this was pretty bad for them. Until we totally blew any attempt at cover, anyway. That had repercussions.

The king's nephew was convicted of witchcraft, we were at war with an ancient Mongolian army, and taxes were much, much too high. England kind of sucked about now. At least I had a nice giant asian guy to chill with, who really appreciated my cooking.
>>
File: 1469364162405.png (18KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1469364162405.png
18KB, 800x800px
Hey guys. I just finished a kinda big update to the Thundercats jump and I wanted to get an opinion on weather I should post it now, or wait till tomorrow night since I have to sleep soon.
>>
>>52087308
post it when you can be around to reply to comments on it Of course
>>
>>52087137
It`s the same as how magic is different in a JRPG versus magic in Harry Potter. Chi, Ki, Qi and all that are all essentially magic.
>>
>>52087137
It`s pretty illogical to assume that every single fictional universe made by different authors is going to utilize a fictional concept the same way, isn't it?
>>
>>52087308
There's nothing stopping you from posting the same jump in several threads is there. If you want to post it just post it and stop waffling about it.
>>
>>52087042
There's a huge practical difference in some places, for example between the effects of D&D Monks (not as good as being able to use actual magic or psionics) and Dragon Ball (pretty great).

For example in Dragon Ball, "ki is made up of multiple components, including: Genki (元気; lit. "Energy"), Yūki (勇気; lit. "Courage") and Shōki (正気; lit. "Mind"). Also, ki can be "positive" or "negative", depending on the user." - according to the wiki.

Whereas in Street Fighter, ki has a "temperature" depending on the personality and motivations of the user.

And then in Wuxia ki presumably takes on a more traditional Chinese meaning.

The only way you can compare them is to work out the feats of different users and try and work out how much training they've had. But my money's on Dragon Ball or generic xianxia for best potency at least. Not real familiar with that genre.
>>
>>52087308
I'll go with wait.
>>
>>52087451
>traditional Chinese meaning.
The traditional Chinese meaning is a medical term that refers to circulation. It's the same term used in Japanese, just that Japanese have adapted better to a Western view on medicine.

Xianxia is the strongest as far as qi gets, because Xianxia is a genre focused on taking human potential to the point of omnipotence. It's the whole reason why it's considered a Mary Sue genre in the first place.
>>
Is there any way for a jumper to beat Zen Oh pre spark?
>>
>>52087555
When in doubt, Hero BBS or Xianxia.
>>
Other than the item from the NWN jump is it possible to gain access to spells exclusive to domains you didn't take as a cleric?
>>
>>52087793
If you're just looking for Cleric spells, it's going to sound like a broken record, but Hero BBS.
>>
>>52087793
There's a spell that gives you temporary access to another domain (I think instead of your own). Can't remember the limitations though. Might be in the Spell Compendium?
>>
It's funny that Hero BBS jump discussion no longer resembles the series in any way anymore.
>>
>>52087848
It is sad isn't it; why can't jumpers be satisfied with adventures, interdimensional shitposting, and waifus?
>>
>>52087952
Nah brah, gotta get that limitless magic systems and god swords.
>>
>>52087958
But Kamidachi a shit! The other deredachi are great but that one a shit, just get Sting like a normal jumper.
>>
>>52087958
Honestly? Who cares. They're having fun. I wish there was more discussion about hero bbs beyond that but you know what? I'd rather read powerwanking over it than to read this fucking fun hating dribble.
>>
>>52087981
/jc/ is full of folks who will never be content with anything and will always find something to complain about, even if what they're complaining about is nonsensical and pointless
>>
>>52087793
Bonus Domain. It's an Epic feat.
>>
>>52087555
There really isn't a good answer to this, because at the moment there's no clear way to assess Zeno's strength beyond the characteristic dragonball variations of "His powerlevel is MAXIMUM!" which may or may not hold true for the foreseeable future. We know with a little focus he can blow up a universe possesed by a mad god who may or may not have been mostly super dragon ball-immortal at that point, but he's not the kind of character who exists to fight things.

Your best bet is to call on something like the Giga Slave and hope the Lord of Nightmares doesn't decide to become his friend instead, or use another super buff summoning system like Nanoha's to get in contact with a similar being like Lucifer Morningstar or SMT's YHVH.

And if it has to be said, doing this is a very, very, very, very, very, very VERY difficult and stupid idea that I can only imagine in both cosmic beings beating up Jumper if the given reason for calling them up was "I want you to beat up that football-headed kid because I don't like his face".

>>52087595
The most powerful Xianxia I know of caps roughly at universe creation with extremely difficulty.

Considering Beerus can blow up a universe at full power and there are multiple people stronger than him before Zeno, I somehow doubt anything from it can even touch him.

>>52087848
Why do people talk about it like it's the dragonball of magic systems? I'm genuinely asking here as someone who's never read the series. As far as I know there's one spell by one guy who can affect people in other universes with his spells and the higher tier magicians can go toe to toe with gods I've never heard described in much detail; impressive, but not terribly unique.

Well, that and apparently the jump now has a waifu sword with an overpowered OC ability because the jumpmaker's fatfuck neckbeard of a friend whined it in?
>>
>>52088092
>The most powerful Xianxia I know of caps roughly at universe creation with extremely difficulty.

Which one is that?
>>
>>52088092
Apparently Hero BBS lets you design any magic system you want with no limits. Just take a system you like that already exists, remove the flaws and there you go.
>>
>>52088114
Coiling Dragon. They're not even very strong universes; apparently reality's wobbly and full of holes there.

And again-yes, I am aware it's an SB exclusive. I'm just using it as a guesstimated upper bound for the generic one.
>>
>>52088092
How many Xianxia have you actually read? The idea of continually going up tiers of reality and breaking them apart isn't that uncommon. If you're going to try and wank Dragon Ball, it's pretty low on the scale. Pretty sure Beerus doesn't hold a candle to Nehas Flail users.
>>
>>52088126
...if you're being cynical, okay. I understand the feeling.

If there's an actual citation for that in the jump, I'd like to see it because I would otherwise assume DIY magic systems in it would be roughly on par with canonical ones. Which, given there NEEDS to be a hero association in the first place, I had assumed weren't instant fixes for everything forever.
>>
>>52088132
Coiling Dragon is on the middle scale of Xianxia at best anon. Try some of the Xianxia where everyone starts off as a high tier deity and realize they're still at the bottom of the food chain.
>>
>>52088092
BBS has some characters at the top end of Isekai, they are capable of absurd magic and curb stomping world creating gods. This is due to the setting being basically diet Jumpchain with these characters as the late chain guys, indistinguishable from total bullshit.

Some jumpers ignore the sheer amount of time required to reach this level of power, forgetting that by the time they are able to reach that level they will be actual late chain jumpers themselves. Some of them cite growth/training perks but since this is Isekai that kind of "cheat" is already factored into the long ass time frame.
>>
>>52088141
Admittedly I'm no expert but I know enough at least those "tiers" of reality don't have people who can effortlessly swat someone like Beerus. As Zeno is the most powerful being in Dragonball at the moment you have to realise I'm having to compare those characters to all the other beings of power around.
>>
>>52088144
Vague terminology, vague understanding of a setting, vague limitations all contribute to the Hero BBS fiasco. Slap interjump mechanics on top of that and there's basically no reason to even bother trying to argue against the design any magic system you want thing anymore.

When people were trying to determine Hero BBS's existing magic or more specifically trying to figure out what level 10 was, they went so overboard that eventually people just threw up their hands and went "whatever, multiverse magic done". Now we're past the phase of explanations and it's just people utilizing what they see fits.
>>
>>52088154
So...a better version of Bleach?
>>
>>52088154
Any characters like that who stand out? For the purposes of answering anon's question I'm kinda stuck with using Beerus as a benchmark when we haven't really seen Whis' true limits and Zamasu cheated the system.

>>52088156
I'd also like to know more about the specifics here given how ambiguous world creation can be as a feat and because I don't actually know what an isekai is. I mean, d&d magic users can make demiplanes for example.
>>
>>52088165
You've never heard of why Xianxia is the Chinese term for Isekai have you? If you've only read one or two Xianxia novels, then you're pretty much skimming the top of the barrel. There's a massive amount of self insert Mary Sue Xianxia fics out there, most of them pretty popular in the rankings too. Don't expect people to adhere to your idea of tiers very much. Escalation and Godmoding are the two tenets of Xianxia.
>>
>>52088178
See, the way I heard it the setting is kinda a big pastiche of shounens. So until now I just assumed my magic build could do stuff like in Fairy Tail, except maybe eventually on the Negima scale of things.

>>52088181
Come now, that's not hard. For all its' flaws Naruto is arguably a better version of Bleach. If only just barely.
>>
>>52088209
No I haven't nerd.

Look, I'm not here to dickmeasure settings. I'm just. Asking. For a specific example pertinent to answering anon's question using Beerus as a measure.
>>
>>52088209
Would be nice to hear some examples instead of the usual 'muh xianxia conquers all'.
>>
>>52088226
>Come now, that's not hard. For all its' flaws Naruto is arguably a better version of Bleach. If only just barely.
Naruto had a flashback, in a flashback, in the middle of a fight. I fucking refuse that anything rates lower than that. Fucking refuse.
>>
>>52088200
If you read most of Tang Jia San Shao's works, every single MC follows the formula of "attain wife, attain Godhood, redefine Godhood, rewrite reality, sequel in new reality". It's become a running joke that every MC is just Zhang Wei in a different appearance, and the pure omnipotence is just a matter of time. He's started inserting his wife into things too last I heard.
>>
File: no continues, we die as men.png (196KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
no continues, we die as men.png
196KB, 500x279px
>>52087848
To be fair, it's not like anyone discusses any popular jumps in terms resembling the original media.
When was the last time anyone talked about Cardcaptor without mentioning Conjoined Conjours?
Or Worm without measuring their ability to wank against Scion? Or about how their jumper's background has a shitty real life and doesn't actually want to go back to the real world in SAO? It's all about "how do I stomp Kayaba?" and Final Form.
>>
>>52088249
...didn't Bleach have one too, but in reverse? Like your plan was my plan was his plan was Aizen's plan, sort of thing.
>>
>>52088259
>No SAO:PA jump.
Disappoint man. Disappoint.
>>
>>52088259
At least those things are somewhat based in the series, either being things that are in it or being characters in it. They're still shit but it's not dog shit.
>>
File: [fucking Hylians].jpg (10KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
[fucking Hylians].jpg
10KB, 192x192px
>>52088260
...fuck, I actually forgot that.

Right, they are both lowest of the low. It's a goddamn shame I need the Hyogoku for reasons.
>>
>>52088275
Just use the fanfic Bleach jump?
>>
>>52088200
World as in an entire fantasy setting, creating the entire local planar cosmology of a D&D setting if you want to highball it.

>Isekai
It means travel to another world, heroes are summoned to usually fantasy world from what is usually a mundane one and this somehow gives them powers (usually in the form a "cheat tier" talent at magic or fighting). Sometimes it's a different plot contrivance but hero summoning is the standard plot device for this part.
>>
In the A Practical Guide To Evil jump, what sort of things does the NOTICE aspect allow you to do and how does it work? Is it like a disturbance in the force, or is it like x-ray vision, or...?
>>
>>52088250
Okay, just. Trying to focus on the QUESTION here. What do you mean by reality? An infinite multiverse? A finite multiverse? A universe? A planet sized plane? Some indicators for the difference in scope between different levels of reality FOR THAT PARTICULAR SERIES would also be helpful for comparison to a Cayman who can obliterate someone who could fight god-Goku with a word.

"Becoming God and remaking reality" isn't a particularly unique thing out here, it happens every Tuesday in Final Fantasy but I doubt anyone's here to argue Kefka, Ultimecia or Lightning can 1v1 Zeno.
>>
>>52088283
Fanfics change the way the Hyogoku works, I need the canon Jewel's "break barriers" to shatter all the "boundaries" between the sources of my powers and alt forms into one form and universal power source for all kinds of bullshit.

Including ear-fucking Aizen before Gin ganks him.
>>
>>52088249
Bleach had a flashback to an alternate reality that played no part in the actual story, in the middle of a story arc boss fight, and had a mini arc that literally made no difference.
>>
>>52088259
You see discussion about a series once in a blue moon, but it makes sense. Ultimately most people are focused on what they can take, gain, or fight over out of a series. 90% of discussion here is about what waifus a person can snatch out of a setting. Another 9% about what powers or items can be stolen. If you take into account that popular jumps amounts to maybe 5% of all the jumps we have, well all in all, doesn't leave much room for actual discussion on any setting. Generally if you were a fan you'd probably have a better time discussing it on another general anyways.
>>
>>52088298
Most common variation I've seen is MC was in real life (aka our world), got a free pass into another reality (xianxia world), his existence allows the xianxia world to make other worlds, and maybe eventually he becomes a full oldspark planeswalker depending on how long the series runs for.
>>
>>52088284
Finally something at least, thank you. Also-mobile device, so I'm catching replies slowly.

Well, even if we're highballing for the sake of argument that still doesn't sound anywhere near enough to take on the little guy considering after the universe blew up Zeno just kinda floated in the void between...uh, what was it again? Timelines? Other universes? Point is he ended the Zamasuverse in seconds while inside of it, all that happened was he flipped over for a while and he didn't look noticeably tired when Goku took him to meet the other Zeno.

That does raise a question of my own though-for the Dragonball fans out there, does the timeline thing mean although there's officially less than 20 universes, each universe is effectively a multiverse existing in parallel with itself? Or is time just wonky in DB?
>>
>>52088300
Ichigo's son is the strongest entity in-verse though anon. You can just get him to Time Crush Aizen.
>>
>>52088298
Generally xianxia run on reality being one endless world like earth but much much bigger. Like literally endless big.

And then they add in side territories that are different planes.

And then they add secret paradises that are pocket dimensions of varying size.

And then sometimes a combination of the three shows up.
>>
>>52088331
Fuck. That.
>>
>>52088269
>SAO:PA
Explain further.
>>
>>52088324
And again-appreciate the answers even if generalisations are frustrating.

Though by the sound of it so far, it seems to be since these guys' endpoint is doing something he disassembled with the effort of a man smashing an IKEA assembly kit Xianxia doesn't seem to have anything to meaningfully oppose Zeno with.
>>
>>52088340
That kinda makes sense to me, I've had to wrap my head around similar ideas in the Nasuverse, 40K and Exalted.
>>
>>52088347
Project Alicization is like 4th arc of SAO, they explore some pretty neat concepts of AI sentience and mortality in it. It's just that with SAO being glorified as the poster child of retarded VRMMO insert anime, nobody really cared after the anime ran its course. And the anime didn't even get to the starting point of the LNs heart. I think PA is just starting to hit on some of the core points itself.
>>
Quick question guys. Do I need to post in this board as to be allowed to start a new thread? I posted plenty in /d/ so I assumed I would be cleared out and allowed to post in any board from time to time. But my new thread doesn't show up :(
>>
>>52088378
Posting in other boards won't affect you posting anywhere else unless you somehow global ban yourself. You're probably just doing it wrong.
>>
>>52088378
You need a picture to post a new thread and a comment of some sort. It posts just fine.
>>
>>52088373
Huh, yeah, didn't link the acronym with Project Alicization, and you're right that a jump of that could be neat.
>>
>>52085349
Heresey!
>>
>>52088350
If he's really as omnipotent as people are claiming, you might as well just use 4th wall breaking powers like a Reality Rewrite Stand to delete Zeno's existence, or a genre changer perk like that one that used to be in NGE or something to permanently erase his threat.
>>
>>52088389
There are lots of neat settings that people won't touch because they don't see anything worth making the jump for, and with SAO it'll always be "Final Form" or "That Bike Perk". I mean, take a look at how long it's taken for somebody to claim Tron, then consider how long we've had the Tron Digitalizer in the Generic jump
>>
>>52088388

I posted two comments but it's at the middle of the catalog not at the top. Why doesn't it bump?

>>52088288
>>
>>52088411
A M A Z E. 3/10 for minimal effort.
>>
>>52088425

Well, I put all the work into the first post! Did you expect me to split it into three separate comments?
>>
>>52088436
I gave you 1/10 for using Chromium. 1/10 for the most basic spreadsheet possible, and 1/10 for mild amusement anon.
>>
>>52088436
>>52088411
Because posts from the op do not bump threads.
>>
>>52088452

Didn't you see the tab? It said "Starting settings"! 99% of the cyoa is in the other tabs!
>>
>>52088399
Well obligatory internet facepalm at the use of "omnipotence" aside, the NGE thing is a common misconception; it's just a behavioural thing rather than an actual reality spanning retcon. Unless you mean working towards making the universes so grimdark Zeno decides to kill everything and the himself, which even if pulled of would probably "work" in same sense "jumping" works as a way to get down from the Grand Canyon in record time. And is much more likely to result in you being killed first in a cosmic temper tantrum.

I guess a Stand boosted with enough bullshit to be Made of Heaven or D4C/Love Train-like might have a non-zero chance, though. The tricky part would be ensuring he bites it in every timeline.
>>
>>52088141
>Nehas Flail
What on earth is a Nehas Flail?
My googlefu is weak.
>>
>>52088475
It's a very specific reference to a very specific encounter in the immortal handbook where the player party fights off against higher order creatures. The way they were described pretty much screamed we don't give a fuck how physics works, because apparently these things didn't operate on the normal concept of dimensions or something, and whenever they held their cat'o'nine'nehaschimic dragons (the Nehas Flail) they could rend realities apart.

>>52088472
When both sides wank their candidates extremely hard, there's no reason not to pull out the most idiotic solutions. And no, the Reality Rewrite Stands are basically the ones where the Stand lets you freely rewrite the jump's setting. Think Made in Heaven combined with D4C LT combined with GER combined with Heavens Door or something. Or just fanwank it, I dunno. It's about as idiotic as it sounds, but honestly, that's also what this Zeno guy comes off as right now.

Actually, I know what this reminds me of now. The Scion fuckfest back in the day when the thread gathered around trying to figure out how to impregnate the spacewhale forever. Good times.
>>
>>52088552
>Wank
>Literally does nothing but state something he did with no exaggeration
Man, you're the guy who keeps telling us how strong Xianxia is without ever giving us an actual example.

You really just seem salty for some reason.
>>
>>52088552
>there's no reason not to pull out the most idiotic solutions

Well, first off I'm sorry for trying to be rational rather jumping to NO YOU LOSE right off the bat. I feel mildly offended when I've taken the time to lay out the points I've brought up to justify my questions.

Secondly, I don't consider myself to be a side. I'm just asking for the sake of curiosity to the original anon's question.

>Reality Rewrite Stands

That's what I just said; all those you mentioned barring GER and Heaven's Door relied on a bunch of weird bullshit to go bananas, rather than just being like that off the bat. And arguably the latter two can only to localised stuff; I don't think Araki's ever said for certain whether GER survived the universal reset has he?

But I mean. You're not wrong. Like I said at the start, we don't have the full picture so at the moment Zeno's a friendly plot device rather than something you can point hard crunch at.

>the Scion fuckfest

...you know what I found so facepalmingly, headbangingly stupid about those arguments I straight up went to other threads or sites when that came up?

There was an easy solution in a very early jump: The Super Spin. Just have a way to use it more efficiently than riding a horse, blast the avatar with it and then blast the main body with a high-test death curse like the Purple Sun of Xereus from the Warhammer Fantasy jump.

I hardly ever brought it up because of everyone who kept trying to brute force the avatar to look like a col guy while ostensibly asking for survival purposes. The Scion fuckfest would've been an infinitely less festival fuck if people were actually focusing on putting an end to him as quickly as possible rather than use their favorite shounen protagonist tactics.
>>
>>52088655
Oh, that you ASA?
>>
>>52088579
Not him but most xias go up to a level where the mc could probably go and turn a planet into materials so he can snort it and go up a level however doing so would also require typical xianxia prep time which ranges on a scale between 500 to 500,000 years. Xianxia timescales are wonky because they eventually become immortal in a lot of settings. Even then that is something you usually only see in the highest top tear setting villains, basically you could do the exact same thing in less time with ritualized dnd magic in less time if you wanted.
>>
>>52088677
>Most xianxia
And back we go. Still no specific examples. Still 'most xianxia can do this' or 'all xianxia can do that'.

Is it really too much to ask for all these people who supposedly know Xianxia so well to just tell us some series, tell us some characters and then tell us what those characters can do?
>>
>>52088677
And don't forget that even then if you are in a xianxia you are subject to the escalation. Its a law of the universe where if you hit a power level someone who wants to kill you will show up one level higher than you.
>>
>>52088664
Sup, anon! Was it the greentext formatting, the tiny spelling errors (fuckin' mac and captcha) or just the way I type?
>>
>>52088716
Hi there! Yeah, just the way you type. Wasn't sure if I was right or not, thought it'd be fun to check.

How's your day?
>>
>>52088698
The end chapters of Tales of demons and gods big bad evil guy is literally attempting to refine the qorld so he can eat it and go up a level. But he is currently unable to thanks to setting stuff. Mc never gets to his level.

Warlock in magus world mc eventually becomes a concept, but his way of doing so also is not something others can canonically do, he is special.

Coiling dragon has a lot of stuff like this to a greater or lesser extent.
>>
>>52088712
It seems that you can just say the same about shounen, for all the support either statement seems to have.
>>
>>52088733
Both are quite neat but neither seem to be the 'infinitely above any other series' level anons constantly talk about.
>>
>>52088729
It's been a comfy morning and I'm just heading out for lunch. Seeya.
>>
>>52088698

Not him, but I can provide a few examples:

In Desolate Era, in book 19 (I think) of 45 or so volumes, the mc, just by means of a single sword strike is able to unleash destructive power capable of destroying a minor planet, that is to say, a planet like Earth.

A sword strike as powerful as the death star, less than halfway in the story, with the MC being no where near as powerful as he would become in just a few more chapters.

In the same novel, two to three stages above the MC are world-level cultivators, chaos immortals and world gods, each are by definition capable of either making a chaosworld or contain energy equal to that of a chaos world. Chaosworlds are what we would call universes, that apparently exist amongst a massive and dangerous place call the primordial chaos.

In Steller Transformations, midway through the story, the MC does gravity training on neutron stars.
>>
>>52088655
>high-test death curse like the Purple Sun of Xereus

high-test?
>>
>>52088741
Oh I wasn't arguing that, I was just giving a general rundown of xianxia stuff.
>>
>>52088410
It won't happen not because 'whine whine i dun likes perks', it won't happen because SAO is shit and nobody here is the kind of twelve year old who actually enjoys it.
>>
>>52088753
Finally some better examples, though I have to say none of it seems to be beyond DBZ yet. Heck, a lot of those examples could just have the terms replaced with DBZ ones and fit just fine.

So while it's a lot better, it's still nowhere near the claims that the other anon was making about DBZ being low end in comparison or the other silly stuff.
>>
>>52088698
Can you read Chinese? Because even if people starting quoting 一念永恒 chapters to you it'd probably end up going right over your head. Hell, 一念永恒 is up on the daily rankings right now too. http://r.qidian.com/?TopType=3

Hell you're basically asking people to throw baidu articles at you, then you'll probably end up scratching your head because it's all moonrunes.
>>
Just to be clear, the current top tier in DBZ is "Destroy a universe in a second.", with the Omniking/Zen-Oh being someone we know destroyed twelve in an instant while throwing a tantrum.
>>
>>52088783
Or maybe get off your high horse and just give some examples. I'm not telling you to explain the entire story and plot to me. I'm telling you to tell me the series name, character name, character feats. This isn't a complex task. If you know the story so well, how hard can it be to just explain what one or two characters can do instead of futzing around with this "Can you even read Chinese?".

The other guy above was able to do it just fine.
>>
File: i'm out.gif (972KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
i'm out.gif
972KB, 245x160px
>>52088753
>MC does gravity training on neutron stars

... yeah, I'm out, I'mma just going to be over here enjoying my infinite pizza and then go for a drive on my bike that never runs out of fuel.
>>
>>52088771
If I'd have to bet on a match between end, or near-end story Ji Ning (Desolate Era) and Goku; I'd bet on Ji Ning, handsdown.

Midstory Ji Ning, and against Goku, still, Ji Ning.

Zeno-oh against Ji Ning. I'd bet on Zeno-oh.

MCs in settings like these can destroy galaxies as easily as any DBZ character, and may even be able to destroy entire universes. But only mid to late story, at least for those I am familiar with, and that said, I've never seen one that could do so as apparently easily as Zeno-oh.

Also gravity on a neutron star is far beyond the highests gravity training we have seen in DBA or DBSuper, by a lot.
>>
>>52088771
That is because dbz is a xianxia.
>>
>>52088841
It all makes sense, now...
>>
>>52088839
Good for you, but you're going to need to tell me what this Ji Ning guy can do if you want me to have any context for your post. Everyone knows what Goku can do. Give me a few dotpoints on what Ji Ning can do.
>>
>>52088579
Salty? No, this is funny shit watching you people wank Xianxia and Dragon Ball. I just brought it up because this was the exact same attitude people approached Scion with. Hell, we had one anon that spent over 200 threads working out a single build for Worm to account for Scion and the rest of the waifu band. If anything your dedication to the defense just makes things funnier.

>>52088655
I was saying most idiotic solutions in jest. To be honest I could not care less if somebody made a custom Stand that let them remove characters from a setting. If that's the way they want to enjoy their imagination trip, all the more power to them. To that end I think it's a perfectly valid solution too, the Stand is basically a writer's tool, whether you want to use it as a Deus Ex Machina device is up to you, but it's not like you're a worse person for it. From the way other anon was describing his candidate this guy is basically an author's pet anyways, just introduced to elevate the threat to the setting because he couldn't think of anything. You can't beat an author's pet unless the author wants you to beat him, and I doubt Toriyama or whoever wrote this guy cares much about jumpchain lol.

Though as far as the fuckfest goes, you don't remember the time when people were literally trying to impregnate the Endbringers and Scion do you. This was probably some time in between the powerwanking and people arguing about Endbringers being undefeatable no matter what.
>>
>>52088861
So you're just here to fuck with people. Great. How fun to have another shit poster around.
>>
>>52088856
Who the fuck is Goku?
>>
File: 1464598151407.png (183KB, 447x483px) Image search: [Google]
1464598151407.png
183KB, 447x483px
I am kind of surprised there are so many xianxia fans in the jc thread.
>>
>>52088873
I personally question whether it's many, instead of the same few people posting almost the exact same posts over and over, or whether there are indeed a bunch of people who just regurgitate what they learned about xianxia from the few in this thread that do know them.
>>
>>52088764
If you're implying that people only make jumps because they like settings, that's pretty far from the truth. We have Chris-chan and The Room of all things.
>>
>>52088869
Dude. Dude. Duuude.

Were you dropped as a baby?
>>
>>52088885
I'm not into anime, which I assume this is about. Anon just made it seem like this Goku was like the Donald Trump of this place or something.
>>
>>52088894
To be fair, it is an anime imageboard. Like, you should have heard of him just being on this thread for a while.
>>
>>52088894
Trump is a stand user. Goku shoots lasers and punches stuff.
>>
>>52088873
There probably aren't. It's really easy to feign interest and pretend that you're an expert. It doesn't help that power comparisons are usually the easiest place to rustle people's jimmies, because they're the easiest folks to bait and generally they can't resist arguing because they convince themselves that people are sincerely participating in their argument.
>>
File: IMG_0548.jpg (372KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0548.jpg
372KB, 1280x720px
>>52088869
Son Goku aka Sun Wukong. He's the main character in Akira Toriyama's hit Dragonball, Dragonball Z, and Dragonball Super. Dragonball GT wasn't by Toriyama.
>>
>>52088906
I come on this thread once in a blue moon when there's time to waste, and unless I'm dicking around, generally I just ignore anime talk completely. I think I know more about this Fate thing than whatever Dragon Balls is.
>>
>>52088880
>>52088912
Well darn. I actually love xianxia, it is a guilty pleasure. I was hoping for more xianxia and even wuxia settings, especially since world of cultivation gave that 0cp perk that fiats you not having your veins explode from different cultivation models.
>>
>>52088931
Ask Bramastra, I think he's got more than a couple Xianxia planned for jumps.
>>
>>52088940
>Oh hey anon, you like Xianxia? Well guess what, you get a shit jumpmaker interesting in making more. And don't worry, if you feel he's not doing a good or faithful job and want to help, he'll shit aaaaaall over you.
Lovely.
>>
>>52088923
Have you never watched Toonami? I'm surprised there's a person younger than 40 that doesn't know what Dragonball is. Much less here on 4chan, way less if you're here on /TG/ and near impossible if you're here on these threads.
>>
>>52088940
Well now you're just being mean.
>>
>>52088856
I already did. It's in the post >>52088753
Ji Ning is the MC for Desolate Era.
>>
>>52088960
>Have you never watched Toonami?
What's Toonami? I'm guessing it's some sort of American tv channel? I'm more interested in sports than watching tv honestly. I don't really remember people bringing up your cartoon on 40k threads either so dunno what you expect.
>>
>>52088881
We hope that those jumps were not made because they like those things. Hope hard.
>>
>>52088961
Hey if he >>52088948 doesn't like Bramastra that's his problem. I'm just saying that Bramastra's got some on his plate.
>>
>>52088982
Right. Seems more like they'd equal out at best, given Goku is on the universal level too, if not higher with the bluper saiyan shit. That is assuming you were meaning this Ji Ning guy got onto those world gods level of course.
>>
>>52089006
Sounds like we need a Demonbane or Nobilis jump from SJ-Chan.
>>
>>52089018
I'd rather she just die. I really, really would.
>>
>>52089022
Be the change you want to see anon.
>>
>>52088960
it's low effort bait senpai
>>
>>52088931
Same here.

World of Cultivation was a very nice surprise. And I too would look forward to more xianxia jumps.

As you might have guessed, given how many times I have referred to it, I would jump the hell out of a Desolate Era jump. Also a Steller Transofmrations jump. And an Emperor's Dominion jump. And a Wu Dong Qian Kun jump. And a I Shall Seal the Heavens jump. And a Martial God Asura jump. and an Against the Gods jump. And... yeah, I'm just going to leave that there.

Also, I agree about that perk. Very handy if your doing more than one cultivation-type setting. I'd actually recommend any other cultivation jumps have something similar, otherwise you are kind of railroaded into going to World of Cultivation first, not that that is necessarily a bad thing, given that is comparatively safe and low-level as xianxia goes.

>>52088940
Coiling Dragon might not meet our standards, and may have had some room for improvement, but it's better than nothing. No-one seemed interested in making a Coiling Dragon jump here until herculeanon recently after brahmastra's most recent visit and the ruckus that arose from that.
>>
>>52089025
No, I just don't have a tv because I don't feel like paying for cable, and your anime doesn't interest me. Is it that hard to take in that people don't share your anime interests?
>>
>>52089006
I don't see how you can say that Goku is an universe-level. Could you explain?

I've been keeping up the anime and I haven't seen any sign of that level of power from him.
>>
>>52089042
When you start talking about being a sports fan but not watching television it becomes obvious, senpai.
>>
>>52089041
If Bramastra makes something and I'll like it, standards be damned I'll use it. Seems kind of stupid to let anons nag at me for something that has no impact on them, and that's what it seemed like the ruckus that came up was all about, what jump was the right one or whatever.
>>
>>52089054
In Super, Goku is fighting people like Beerus who are capable of destroying universes, and it's indeed stated outright that Goku's physical attacks are shaking apart the universe.
>>
>>52089064
You know we have youtube for sports now right anon? Paying for sports channels is a waste of money.
>>
>>52089064
To be fair I've never found a television channel that aired sepak takraw matches anon.
>>
>>52089054
Dragonball Super. Goku achieves Super Sayian God, then Super Sayian God Beyond God (which he empowers himself up to SSJG levels in base form minus the godly Ki). Lastly he's able to go Super Sayian Blue aka Super Sayian God Beyond God Super Sayian.

When he fought against Lord Beerus, the God of Destruction of Universe 7 (aka Goku's universe) as SSJG he was powerful enough that the punches were shaking the entire universe. SSJB is more powerful, but still SSJB Goku & Vegeta together still can't match Beerus.

Beerus at his maximum can destroy the universe. He got in a spat over cake once with his twin brother, the GoD of Universe 6, which is a Twinverse of Universe 7. They rampaged on in a fight that nearly destroyed two universes.

Since then they've settled things with a food competition. They're both foodies. In fact Beerus destroys planets mostly because they didn't give him good food, or he was in search of good food and got angry.

On other hand he's saved worlds because their food. Same with his attendant/sifu Whis. When Golden Freeza destroyed Earth, Whis reversed time saving the Earth. Only because it had great food.
>>
>>52089070
Honestly I have no problem with folks like you as long as you don't mind the work in question not being on the drive. Respect my preferences and I'll respect yours. Problem is, in practice people like you tend to want to have their cake and eat it.
>>
>>52089166
The cake is getting somebody else to make a jump for me. Making a build is eating it. Not sure what being on the drive has to do with any of that. A jump being on the drive doesn't magically turn something on in my word file and make things into ponies.
>>
>>52089166
I never understood that saying, why would anyone want to just stare at a cake?
>>
>>52089186
people on diet
>>
>>52089186
Well, for starters the phrase originally went "you can't eat your cake and [still] have it."
Once the cake is eaten, it is gone. You can't get anymore from the cake, cause it's gone.

Pulling from wik: It can be used to say that one cannot or should not have or want more than one deserves or is reasonable, or that one cannot or should not try to have two incompatible things.
>>
>>52089236
That makes even less sense, considering a jump isn't deleted just because you use it, and you can make as many copies of it as you want.
>>
>>52089264
I'm not the one who posted the cake and eat it, I'm just saying what idiom means.
>>
>>52088329

>That does raise a question of my own though-for the Dragonball fans out there, does the timeline thing mean although there's officially less than 20 universes, each universe is effectively a multiverse existing in parallel with itself? Or is time just wonky in DB?

I don't think they mention if natural alternate timelines exist or not, but the short answer is time is just wonky in DB and or Bulma is nonsense'.

Basically the universe are all on the same timeline. So once their was a timeline with the twelve universes. Then Bulma invented a time machine to send Trunks back in time to warn people about the androids. This then basically split the timeline. So their were now at least two timelines with twelve universes.

Then Cell stole the time machine and went back, and now there's at least three possibly four timelines with twelve universes each.

Then later on in Super this gets repeated with Future Zamasu and Goku Black going back in time. Which is what proves that the twelve universes are all on the same timeline, since Zamasu's universe and the main universe are different universes. That and the existence of Future Zeno.

Then eventually all these changes lead to the main timeline.

Also on a side note Future Zeno going back in time seems to at least imply that all the universes of that timeline were erased.
>>
>>52089166
I agree to >Honestly I have no problem with folks like you as long as you don't mind the work in question not being on the drive. Respect my preferences and I'll respect yours.
That's largely my position as well, and I think that there's more than a few people who would be wiser adopting it, than caring overmuch about other peoples badwrongfun.
But, I don't think that this is fair >Problem is, in practice people like you tend to want to have their cake and eat it.
Or even clear, what exactly do you mean?
People like you, presumably you mean people that don't care too much whether the jump is on the drive or not, just so long as it is a jumpable jump.
But I don't understand what you mean by > tend to want to have their cake and eat it.
Do you mean, people like the above who talk about those jumps in this thread, where those jumps aren't kosher?
If so, I can't see why you'd say 'tend'. You have no way of knowning how many people in absolute terms use jumps outside the threads drive, and no way to determine the proportions.
It's rather unfair, to 'us people' to claim that we have tendancies like that.
>>
>>52089300
Sorry, quote formatting went wonky. Didn;t realise the chevron had to be at the start of each new line. live and learn.
>>
>>52089075
>>52089127
Thanks. Wasn't aware of that.

Is it just me or are things like universes and planets in Dragonball, really fragile and/or volatile?
>>
>>52089326
Eh, Namek is a total champ.
>>
>>52089070
Exactly.

The only reasonable thing that the thread can demand regarding using jumps that aren't on the drive, is that they aren't discussed or advertised here. That's reasonable, at least to me, but a complete ban on them is just ridiculous.
>>
>>52089339
You know, of all the planets in dragonball, particularlly z but also a bit in gt, Earth and Namek, both of which have dragonballs, also seem a bit tougher on the whole. Coincidence, plot, I don't know.
>>
>>52089300
Because he's going off of a vocal minority. The loudest people are often the ones arguing for something, and in his case it's presumably talking about the guys who want jumps to be valid regardless of whether they're on the drive or not or maybe the ones that don't meet standards or whatever. At least that's what it comes off as.

Even the whole jumps being kosher thing is just a big pain in the ass for no real reason. It's basically people screaming at others for using things that aren't on the approved drive, without any care as to whether it matters or whether it makes a difference.
>>
>>52089041
Slight correction.

You would be railroaded into going to World of Cultivation either first or second of the cultivation/xianxia-type jumps, assuming you get the perks benefit upfront.
>>
>>52089295
...but what about Xenoverse?

My head hurts
>>
>>52089348
They'll ban because it offends their sensibilities, and people have proven this to be true time and time again, whether it's people using their own drives or people not participating in this community enough, whatever enough means. And if something offends your sensibilities, reason is the first thing that gets tossed out the window.
>>
>>52089366
It matters largely because most of the stuff that isn't on the drive is generally fucking broken or banned by the rules. That's part of being in a community. If you want to jump them,. don't talk about it in the community. Nobody can stop you then nor can they complain.
>>
>All these asshurt people who hate the thread but come here anyway.
For what purpose?
>>
>>52089326
>really fragile and/or volatile
Not really. They withstand incredible amounts of force, including megaton and gigaton level explosions on the reg and don't usually explode unless someone hits the core.
>>
>>52089393
>It matters largely because most of the stuff that isn't on the drive is generally fucking broken or banned by the rules. That's part of being in a community.
Well, that gives good reason to harass Yorokonde next time they bring up Spirited Away then.
>>
File: 1487297500445.jpg (105KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487297500445.jpg
105KB, 640x640px
On the subject of Zen-O, I'd like to remind people that you don't need to solve all your problems with head-on violence. Even a single low-level charisma perk would probably be enough to befriend him, Goku managed to befriend him by just not being terrified of him and treating him like a normal person. He's actually quite childlike, so "good with children" perks are what you need if you really want to be safe.

Ultimately, unless you take the Endjump option or go looking for him, you won't even need to worry about him until someone makes a Super jump. The heroes all meet him because of Beerus stuff, and he'll be taking a decades-long nap during your whole stay even if you take the Boo time-extension drawback.
>>
>>52089428
You're either shitposting or incredibly asshurt and advocating a level of hostility I did not just for the sake of whining.
>>
>>52089393
Let's be honest really, outside of the same build namefags that we get, how many anons really post up their builds and discuss a jump? I don't think we've ever gotten over 100 builds in a thread even. Seems like that part of the rule is pretty pointless. If they're going to do shit like use a DDanon jump, SB jumps, or Dirge jumps, do you really think people are going to bother selling it? I don't think I've ever seen that happen, the thread seems pretty satisfied sticking to the tried and true.
>>
>>52089431
Zen-O needs to be eliminating for being an omnicidal sociopath who has and will continue to kill countless people on flimsy excuses. Like how he's going to blow up all the alternate universes when they lose in the tournament.
>>
>>52089466
It used to be more popular.

And no, it's not pointless just because most people don't post anyway, because it DOES happen, and you're missing the part about DISCUSSION, not just build posts, too.

And again, my only point is to just not talk about it. That shouldn't be some great odious point worth whining about on your end.
>>
>>52089460
If you have rules and you don't enforce them, then people will point out your hypocrisy. Hostility is just a normal part of 4chan.
>>
>>52089364
Since the planets had the protagonists on them at the time the planets gain some of their plot armor. That and Power Levels are Bullshit

That's the only explanation that I can think of for why Frieza couldn't insta-destroy Namek while Vegeta who was about 10,000 times weaker then Frieza could casually destroy planets instantly.
>>
>>52089467
I'm sure that its Whis' father, aka head angel, who's in fault here. The fact that the Angels of losing universes are only ones not destroyed, is highly suspicious.
>>
>>52089467
Or, and this is also a possibility, you could convince him to not do that.
>>
>>52089478
Why does 'enforcement' to you mean harassment and shitposting?
>>
>>52089483
He's already done it to half the universes. There used to be 24.
>>
>>52089467
This is Dragon Ball. If you do that, then it turns out that he had too because of some Over God or because all universes die if he doesn't cull the herd
>>
>>52089481
That one is impossible to know.
>>
>>52089496
Dragon Ball has never been a place that advocates or makes excuses for villains slaughtering people, anon. So no, that's not how Dragon Ball would normally solve the situation.
>>
>>52089388
>about Xenoverse?
>My head hurt

That I have no clue about beyond that apparently time travel does some weird timeline damage thing, and that there's some time stuff that either seems to contradict how Dragon Ball time travel works or just takes things to ridiculously complicated point.

Oh and that if you consider it canon Xenoverse makes things even weirder. See according to Xenoverse Bulma was apparently the first person to ever make a time machine that actually worked. Which implies that Bulma is the sole reason multiple alternate timelines exist.

However despite this beings who never encountered her have methods of tracking the creation of alternate timelines.

Although there's also the issue of how you count alternate continuities when it comes to the multiverse, or even if you do or not. For example GT, the movies, and possibly Online and Xenoverse.
>>
>>52089480
Only planet Vegeta destroyed was the bug planet. That was pure filler.

Besides Freezia's favorite tactic is to destroy planets via imploding their core. In his weakest form he destroyed Planet Vegeta & 99.9% of the Sayian race.

>>52089499
Also its funny seeing Goku portrayed as a bad guy. When all he asked was to fight the strongest people in all the Multiverse.
>>
>>52089496
More importantly, this is a world where wishes exist. And now the Super Dragon Balls do, destruction and death have lost all meaning. And even without them-

Goku: Hey Zeno, what did those universes do to make you destroy them?

Zeno: Hmm, I might have overreacted a little? I feel bad now. I'll just put them back!

-at this point life and death are just ways for the best fighters in existence to keep score.
>>
>>52089488
Going by what you said, if a jump isn't on the drive and people bring it up, it's already against the rules. Reporting them is useless, so the only way you can enforce is to deter them from ever bringing it up again. People have asked politely in the past never to bring up anything regarding non /jc/ jumps, and obviously that hasn't worked either.
>>
>>52089511
No, but Goku is willing to wipe out all but 5 universes just to get a good fight. Of course, >>52089535 has a point. It's all meaningless and I'd be pretty surprised if everything doesn't get reset at the end
>>
>>52089527
Xenoverse, GT, DBOnline are all "non cannon". They're along same lines as DB Multiverse webcomic.
>>
>>52089480

Frieza could have destroyed Namek much faster. It's explicitly mentioned he was playing a death game and confident about winning it.
>>
>>52089474
People will talk about what they want to talk about, that's why your insistence on rules comes off as contrived. If you really wanted people to not talk about something, the easiest way would be to just remove it so they can't even find it to begin with.
>>
>>52089493
Yes, but you could convince him to not do that again.
>>
>>52089481
There's a theory that the angels are the real villains and are planning a coup. Said theory mostly hinges on the question of what happened to the angels from the universes that Zen-O already destroyed, and the lyrics to the ED. I'm paraphrasing here, but they're something to the effect of "I'm surrounded by demons wearing the faces of angels. They tell me 'for the sake of justice, you must destroy the evil.'"
>>
>>52089387
I always figured just getting stuff with cp fixed the problems for you but it is nice to have a perk for it available.
>>
File: 1416278199044.gif (443KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
1416278199044.gif
443KB, 400x296px
>>52089559
I want a GT jump so bad. I just want to experience the crazy first hand.
>>
File: IMG_0522.jpg (183KB, 600x616px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0522.jpg
183KB, 600x616px
>>52089557
He didn't make the rules. Zennoh & Future Zennoh did. He just asked for a tournament. Zennoh or at least the head angel, said that Zennoh was disappointed in most the universes. Which is why our the blue he was going destroy them, but the tournament was there to save at least one of them. All in name of entertainment for the two omnikings.

Yet Zennoh seems to be so handsoff, that no one knew that they were suppose to be improving their mortals. Also the fact that while joking about finding new GoD to Beerus & Champa, suggests that he has a sense of humor. Maybe morbid to others due the fact he can wipe everything out instantly.

>>52089606
GT is available in DBZ Jump. There's not that much difference to warrant a new jump. Now Xenoverse I could see it being a new jump.
>>
>>52089606
You could always make it.
>>
>>52089600
Huh. That's very interesting. I didn't know that, I'm suffering through the slowness of English Dubs. Mostly because Japanese Goku annoys me.
>>
>>52089630

>GT is available in DBZ Jump. There's not that much difference to warrant a new jump. Now Xenoverse I could see it being a new jump

Actually the events of GT start at least a decade after the end of the Dragon Ball jump even if you take the time extension drawback. So technically not really.
>>
>>52089543
But it generally does work? They hardly get brought up except by someone shitposting.
>>
>>52089527
Oh that is easy, bulma made the first working time machine but somebody eventually used it to go to the past which then caused somebody to get mad about it causing them to make the anti time travel brigade. At some point somebody else may have copied the design as well.

This also is a good reason for why they allowed trunks time travel to occur, because if bulma never makes a time machine nobody can go to the past and therefore the time travel brigade cant come to exist thereby causing a paradox.
>>
File: MOON!!!!.jpg (41KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
MOON!!!!.jpg
41KB, 1024x575px
Which is more dangerous Ragnarok Online or Final Fantasy 14?

Assuming that I go with full participation in the scenarios which jump should I go to first and have a better chance of not dying a horrible death.
>>
>>52089688
>>52089527
Also thanks to time travel just because you are the first person to create a working time machine does not mean you are the first person to ever build one nor does it mean your time machine is the first to ever exist.

Come on guys this is time travel 101 basics level stuff.
>>
>>52089579
But most people do respect the community standards here. I'm not seeing this strong core of people defying them you insist exists.
>>
>>52089605
It is nice to have such things made explicit.
I always feel uncomfortable taking any sort of liberties in interpretation or assumption with jumps, it feels like I am cheating.

>>52089630
Hmm, I've never played DBOnline or DBFusions, but I wonder if there is enough in them, distinct from the other jumps to warrent jumps of their own?

Xenoverse, at least the first one, seems to be well covered in the End Jump Quicksilver made. Not that I would complain if you could have a normal jump version, especially if it covers both Xenoverse games.

>>52089606
I have mixed feelings about that. mostly:
Yeeeeeessssssssss,
and some
Noooooooooooooooo,
and a lot of
Para-para-para-para-para-para-para...
>>
>>52089677
You mean shitposting like this >>52089691?
>>
>>52089630
>GT is available in DBZ Jump.
GT has been declared non-canon. Until it gets disproven, I choose to believe this is because GT was one of the universes destroyed by Omniking.
>>
>>52089725
I don't see how that is shitposting, anon.

It seems like a simple question to me. Could you explain?
>>
>>52089725
Both of those jumps are on the drive.
>>
>>52089725
This whole conversation was just an excuse by the shitposter to attack dirge while pretending to be criticizing our rules, huh? Your post proves it.
>>
>>52089738
Bringing up Dirge jumps is shitposting now.
>>
>>52089738
He's acting like those two jumps aren't valid despite being on the drive. You're replying to bait, basically.
>>
File: m5vry.jpg (102KB, 890x566px) Image search: [Google]
m5vry.jpg
102KB, 890x566px
>>52089714
>>52089688
>>52089527
>>52089388
Time Travel! Doesnt it all make such good sense?
>>
>>52089723
Online is basically Xenoverse without the time loli and her brigade. The game took the plot and character and repurposed them.

The only one using those characters that has a unique setting/plot is Heroes.
>>
>>52089736
You know, there is a difference from the plot of GT being made non-canon and the concepts introduced in it being made non-canon.

Imagine a time traveller from the end of GT coming back to the end of Z and chaing events, such as say, somehow waking Beerus up and starting the events of Super that never happened in GT because Beerus slept through that time period.

Super Saiyan 4 would still exist, Baby and the machine mutants would still exist (although given how powerful golden Freiza was and how he died, effectively from nothing any long-range sensor would be able to detect (godly-ki), they would probably stay well away) and thus could still be found and interacted with.

Thats how I wank it, at least.
GT 4ever.
SSJ4 most powerful there is!
>>
>>52089691
If you don't know either of these settings, do yourself a favor and don't touch the jumps. There are plenty of better places to go to if you're looking for danger, and neither of these jumps offer anything special. It's not worth the shit baggage that comes attached, especially when both of them become outdated anyways.
>>
>>52089751
So was your mother giving birth to you, because you seem to live for nothing but shitposting.
>>
>>52089630
GT takes place like twenty years post-Z epilogue, which is post-Super. It also is non-canon now.
>>
>>52089786
You can't read into sarcasm can you anon? Do you need /s tags like on leddit?
>>
>>52089775
The thing about godly ki is actually that mortals can't sense it.
>>
>>52089794
How new are you? I thought everyone figured out sarcasm doesn't work here.
>>
>>52089751
>>52089752
Ah, I forgot that those were Dirge jumps.
Well, now I feel like a tool.
A Tool... of Evil.

Thanks guys.
>>
>>52089751
>>52089725
Really, my question is shitposting? The jumps are on the drive and I'm just asking a question about the settings.

I'm asking that question because both of these settings have you up against Demon Gods and the like and I want to know which is the less dangerous to go to, are all the demon Gods in Ragnarok Online weaker than the Primals and their pawns in Final Fantasy or vice versa?
>>
>>52089794
>Using sarcasm in a medium that specifically cannot express it
>Act like others are at fault when they don't pick up on sarcasm
>>
>>52089723
DBOline would make a great jump. Its like proto-XV. Takes place like 100 years in the future, Sayian DNA has spread to most the Earthling population. Gohan had written a book about unlocking Ki, so everyone starts out like mid way in PL of DB maybe early DBZ. Collecting the Dragonballs can unlock your race's ultimate form. For Humans they become Sayians & able to go SSJ. Namekians they can grow big. Buus can turn into Kid Buu.

The villains are same villains in XV. Krillin became Master of Turtle School while Roshi retired. Tien became Master of Crane School. Dende trains the Dragon Clan while Piccolo trains the Warrior Clan. Buus do their own thing. Future Trunks can teach folks his own school, how to be a total jobber while using a sword. It was never released in US. Its also shut down.
>>
>>52089813
>>52089819
I am going to guess that the first post is the real guy and the second is pretending to be him.
>>
>>52089688

I suppose they never did say which Bulma.

>>52089714

Normally that would be true. However Dragon Ball time travel doesn't actual affect the past of the timeline it was activated in, but instead creates an alternate reality with an earlier history and then allows travel between them.

Which would mean that things like history already being changed are only a thing for the alternate timelines created as a result of travel from the original unaltered timeline.

Then again also this means that Dragon Ball time travel is technically dimensional travel.

Also this now has me wondering what would happen if you used Bulma's time machine outside of Dragon Ball.
>>
>>52089770
Well, that sounds bland and uninteresting, at least to anyone who has played Xenoverse. I can't really see it being worth a jump.

Heroes, though, that would be worth it, just to see Android 17 with blond hair doing a Maybelleine Commercial

"Maybe he's born with it.
Maybe he got it from being magically fused with his sister, after being created from the fusion of two less powerful versions of himself, all by a pair of backstabbing evil geniuses. Also, he's a android while actually being a cyborg."

And seeing Gohan as ssj4, that would be amazing.

I don't know much else about Hereoes, though so i can't say any more. Based on what little I do know, I think it has a chance of being a good standalone jump, assuming there are any takers?
>>
>>52089852
Well there are a bunch of other universes right? What if the only reason there are so many is because somebody time traveled back and changed something big enough to cause a split and things butterflied from there?
>>
>>52089819
By now it's almost common knowledge that bringing up Dirge's name is only going to invite shitposting. Bringing up past jumpmakers never ends well.

I gave you advice already anyways >>52089776 and going by your post you don't know much about either setting at all, so I'll emphasize it again. Almost none of Dirge's jumps are made for beginners, and his largest jumps are probably the least beginner friendly. If you don't know the series, things won't end well. Ragnarok isn't about fighting a Demon God, and Primals are just one major aspect in XIV.

The part about them being outdated isn't me shitposting you either, since Dirge confirmed both of those jumps would get updates, which, knowing him, he'll be keeping on his own drive.
>>
>>52089803
That's the point.

Assume that mortal can't sense it, then techology inspired by the mortal ability to sense ki would have the same limits. (As I understand the scouters Freiza's people use were taken from others, and so explains why things are the other way around for him and his forces, where they don't even know people can sense without artifical aids.)

So both ki-users who can sense ki, and those who can use tech to sense ki, are both likely to not be able to sense the godly ki used by ssj blue.

Therefore, to any distant observer capable of detecting Freiza after his ressurrection using his golden form, which i am assuming the advanced machine mutants and Dr Myuu could be, would see him myseriously be killed by a power they can't detect or measure.

That would be scary to people. They would ask, "What could defeat such an amazing power?" They would avoid Earth like the plague, hoping to avoid angering whatever that power way. That includes those who might otherwise be antagonistic towards saiyans.
>>
>>52089905
Thank you, sorry about the double posting but I didn't see your reply until after I posted the second one.

I'll stop asking now though, I don't want the thread to descend in flames. Sorry about that.
>>
>>52089762
>Jumper: On How Non-Drop-In Origins Works
>>
>>52089887

>Well there are a bunch of other universes right? What if the only reason there are so many is because somebody time traveled back and changed something big enough to cause a split and things butterflied from there?

The other universes seem to also be copied when a new timeline is made.

Which while that technically doesn't invalidate that idea creates more questions.

Like what did the original timeline have to deal with that lead to the weird system Super has.
>>
>>52090003
Its a timeline based on a story about how a girl became her own parents. Both of them. Via time travel and sex changes.

So yeah basically.
>>
>>52087451
Fucking. Thank you. Even if the answer amounted to "do your research because the differences are going to be mostly minute" you were more helpful in just this post just by mentioning specifics.
>>
>>52089949
If you want the most up-to-date Dirge jumps, then it would be best to go to his Drive. I'll try to give you the link here:
drive.google.com/
drive/
folders/
0BxiNqbCozjB-ZVYzRlQ1NzNIRkk

Just remove the spaces.
>>
>>52090017
Buu maybe? No idea really. Maybe namekians became universe hopping conquerers? Maybe supers set up is what they were trying to avoid?
>>
Okay but let's be honest.

Xianxia is just, in general, a collection of abominations to literature. Like holy shit I know cultural values are a thing but trying to read some of that shit makes your brain vacate the skull. Violently.
>>
>>52090021
I don't think that would be possible, genetically speaking. Each generation would be recursive and effectively inbreeding.
Eventually, after many cycles, the child would be so damaged that she/then-he wouldn't be able to act as consistently as the timeloop would demand in order to remain stable.
>>
>>52090050
You are entitled to your preferences, just as other people are entitled to theirs.
>>
>>52090050
You haven't been reading that machine translated crap, have you? That is just agony to try and go through.

>>52090066
Preach it, sister.
>>
>>52090050
While that is your opinion I disagree.
>>
>>52086386
>It is pretty funny Megatron becomes increasingly heroic with every film, though.
Wait what? I haven't watched since like 2 or three movies ago. Is Megatron a good guy now?
>>
>>52090083
No Optimus Prime killed him. He literally stab him in the back what he wasn't fighting.

Besides Megatron was always a hero, he was always fighting to free the cybertronian slaves.
>>
>>52090050
I, respectfully disagree.

I also know several genres which I do not enjoy, but am mature enough to know that just because I do not enjoy them does not make them objectively terrible.

Incidentally, which xianxia or wuxia did you try to read that you found so unbearable?
>>
>>52090101
Megatron did nothing wrong!
>>
>>52090017
>Like what did the original timeline have to deal with that lead to the weird system Super has.
The "we're crazy over analyzing it" answer is that it's due to Zenny being an entropy god. Due to the fact that the god who's in charge of everything has destruction as his fundamental nature, the multiverse is fated, on a conceptual level, to die, and the current system is designed to stave this off for as long as possible. The system is based off the premise that something-from-nothing style creation on a macro scale is off the table due to Omniking's nature, but equivalent exchange "destroy something to create something" can still work because it's not "true" creation. Thus, they destroy the shitty worlds/universes to make/improve other universes and try to put off the inevitable heat death.
As an aside, this also explains why ki stuff tends towards destructive application, because the being in charge is a being of destruction.

As I mentioned, this is all stuffed pulled out of my ass. There's no way it's true.
>>
>>52090108
I mean he did a lot wrong but it was a war.
>>
>>52090050
The only issues I've had with the genre as a whole are the cultural values dissonance which you've already covered. Otherwise, it can be quite good.

Still, as a genre it does have it's exemplars and it's pieces of shit. Which did you read and find so difficult that is made your 'brain vacate your skull. Violently.'?
>>
>>52090112
AND TOBI COULD BE THE LEADER OF THE AKATSUKI!
>>
>>52090114
Just like WW2, then.
>>
>>52090050
You all are idiots. This is bait. ignore the fucker.
>>
File: Tobi.png (247KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Tobi.png
247KB, 640x640px
>>52090124
No, that's stupid.
>>
>>52090103
>>52090123
Big three I tried to read were Coffins of the Immortals, Coiling Dragon (which got me into this in the first place), and Heavenly Thunder Manual.
>>
>>52090124
>>52090155
What if Tobi is Obito?
>>
File: IMG_0564.jpg (79KB, 462x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0564.jpg
79KB, 462x700px
>>52090108
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
>>
>>52090171
What if, bare with me now, what if Obtio is Tobi and he resurrects the real Madara, and then Madara turns out to NOT be the final villain we've been hinting at this entire series but instead it's some woman from a long time ago that we talked about maybe once or twice?
>>
>>52090164
I've read Coiling Dragon, but not the other two.

If you'd like I could recommend some good Xianxia to you. Would you like me to?
>>
Can Sages/Demons in Bayonetta disobey demons/angels? If you kill they angel/demon they contracted with, do they lose their power?
>>
>>52090194
Only if she turns out to be an evil moon bunnygirl goddess.
>>
>>52090194
Nah, that is just way too crazy.

There's just no way. Kishimoto wouldn't blueball us like that. Guy's a bro.
>>
>>52090194
>>52090220
When did we get timetravellers in thread?
Hope you two are looking forward to 2016: hint it is a crap year to end all crap years.
>>
>>52090207
I mean, if you think it'll help sure. I know I've heard good things about Cultivation Chat Group among others.

But dear god Coffins was just dreck.
>>
>>52090171
>>52090194
>>52090214
>>52090220
The amount of scarcasm in these post is so thick that if sarcasm could be solidified into a building material I'd have enough to make a house with it.
>>
>>52090240
Just about anything on Wuxiaworld is good, although I can only really speak for liking the following:
I Shall Seal the Heavens
Desolate Era
Wu Dong Qian Kun
Spirit Realm
Sovereign of the Three Realms
Dragon-Marked War God
Steller Transformation (translationsnations.com)

I like these, but you'd need to be pretty tolerant of the MC's to like:
(Also Wuxiaworld)
Martial God Asura
Against the Gods
Emperor's Dominion

There are some good xianxia (tecnically) that poke a little fun at the genre or inverts some of the fundamentals in a fresh way, like:
History's Strongest Senior Brother (Volare Novels)
My Disciple Died Yet Again (scrya.org)
The Demonic Kings Chases his Wife, the Rebellious Good-for-nothing Miss (Moonbunnycafe.com)

Hope you like at least one of these, and that it changes your mind about the genre. Hopefully, it'll also be useful to anyone else here who'd like to read some good xianxia. Good reading.
>>
>>52090261
Freshly mined and quarried from the local sarchasm.
>>
>>52090261
Shush, I'm trying to forge a sword from it.
>>
>>52090387
Same guy.

Small note, Steller Transformation and Desolate Era have the same author as Coiling Dragon. If you like one you'll likely enjoy the other two.
>>
>>52090211
They absolutely can. That's actually what the second game is all about.

It's clear exactly what the relationship between demon and witch is, though its' noted members of the clans naturally have a ton of magical energy, and the witches' primary sponsors mainly give them an extra magical boost as well as more abstract magical wisdom. So if I had to guess-the answer would be no, they'd just lose access to the demon's advantages but could just find a new one to contract with later down the road. Sages are even more obscure; the only one we've seen, Balder, freely calls on all of the Cardinal Virtues but it's not clear if he can do this because he's the last one in existence, because Sages have a fundamentally different/less exclusive relationship with their sponsors than witches or if he's just powerful enough to control them given at that point he's pissed at Paradiso for tricking him into facilitating the Witch Hunts.
>>
>>52090437
*it's not clear
>>
>>52090437
Ah, okay thanks.
>>
Would people be okay with a Jump only having one Origin/Background if it was a blatantly obvious one for the property? The option to take memories or not would be there, to cover Drop-Ins, and there would still be a massive Perks list for people to choose from (one discount per tier).

Like, what do you do when the property you want to make a Jump for only has one clear Origin that you know people are going to want to take?
>>
>>52090513

I forgot which jump, but I think this has been done before.
>>
>>52090567
I'm certain it has, but I couldn't find a Jump like it for reference so I thought I would just ask. Thanks though. I'll just head down the path I'm on and see how hard I get yelled at when it's done.
>>
>>52090513
May I ask what it is? Also, is there anything in setting like different classes/subtypes or anything for discount purposes? Or is there really just the one thing?
>>
>>52090513
Well... there's precedent for it, I suppose? Bloodborne and Shadow of the Collossus also do that.

But I don't think there was much in the way of options for other backgrounds there.

What property and background is this though?
>>
>>52090567
>>52090600
I think you're both thinking of Bloodborne.
>>
>>52090567
>>52090600

Bloodborne
>>
>>52090652
>>52090671
I don't want to say what it is right now. It's still in its conceptual phases and I want to have a whole project to show off at once.

It's not that there aren't different Origins that could be come up with, but that there is very little to draw from. Barely enough for a perk tree even if you mash a bunch of characters together to manage it. I technically could split the one Origin up into four, but they would all be subtle variations of the same thing.

There's certainly enough content to build a Jump. It's just all focused around one character.

>>52090675
>>52090683
That is it, yes. Thank you guys.
>>
>deeply cares for one child
>otherwise a remorseless, calculating sociopath but can make friends rarely, usually because said friends are also genuine friends to said child
>has a satanic cult worshipping him, that butchers and enslaves his enemies/victims
>owns a giant eldritch temple complex under a suburban home
>can somehow use paws as hands
>has sex with everything vaguely female
>is otherwise treated like a normal dog

Huh. Mr. Pickles makes so much sense as the adventures of one of the more evil Jumpers operating under several drawbacks.
>>
>>52090567
>>52090600

BorneBlood
>>
>>52090751
That makes far too much sense.

Mr Pickles jump, when?
We already have it, it's called Jumpchain.
>>
I sensed my name getting invoked with calls of Bloodborne like Betelgeuse's name being said three times, you guys need me for anything?
>>
File: FLAN.png (164KB, 506x500px) Image search: [Google]
FLAN.png
164KB, 506x500px
>>52090829
We summoned you here for a very important reason.

A group hug for making great Jumps.

In all seriousness, no, not really. Nobody could remember which Jumps had just one Origin for a moment before everybody remembered all at once.
>>
>>52086297
Though don't Mab and Oberon could apparently just straight up do whatever the fuck they wanted short of breaking their own laws?

Also, are you the jumpmaker?
>>
>>52088914

I wish Plague hadn't turned his cute Saiyan OCs into generic furries.
>>
>>52090953
Oh, that is terrible. Why? They were fine and sexy as they were, damnit!
>>
>>52090886
Well thank you anon. I'm gonna go back to Digimon stuff and aimless procrastination then. Just say my name three times in the bathroom mirror with the lights off and a flashlight shining on your face to invoke my presence if anybody needs anything. You guys have a good one.
>>
File: IMG_0547.jpg (65KB, 564x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0547.jpg
65KB, 564x480px
>>52090953
>>
>>52090995

I have no idea.
>>
>>52088914
Why do your posts read like a bizarre mix of casual dialogue and an infomercial?
>>
>>52090387
>My Disciple Died Yet Again (scrya.org)
Is that the one where the guy knits the girl some divine tampons?
>>
File: IMG_0323.png (581KB, 1000x773px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0323.png
581KB, 1000x773px
>>52091145
No clue. Perhaps its just you? Have you been watching too many Infomercials?
>>
>>52091257
... I know what I'm doing in Ghost Rider now.
>>
>>52091257
Clearly you need to start selling products for three easy payments of $29.99
>>
>>52090995
He wants to use the characters for his own story idea-thing.
>>
>>52091276
I want to ghost ride a Zamboni and use it in Marvel with Deadpool.

I'm thinking that will give us at least a couple hours of fun.
>>
>>52091331
You want a flaming Zamboni? Your ironic twist disgusts me.
>>
File: 1486678249056.png (720KB, 771x645px) Image search: [Google]
1486678249056.png
720KB, 771x645px
>>52091331
You.. I like you. What a lovely way to start the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc0Lmt7bSik
>>
>>52091182
More-or-less.

Thanks for the reminder, that was a funny scene.
>>
>>52091331
I understand that the context is Ghost Rider,
But I can't not see a Jumper and his companions doing vid related.
https://youtu.be/xLvlGVNInw4

I'm sorry.
>>
>>52091382
Hellfire/Heavenfire only burns what you want it to.
Plus I have Ice powers also, so it's okay.

>>52091383
I also have thoughts about getting whale or shark as a mount and converting it.
We'd be riding it while yelling "Suck is Aquaman!"
Which is funny to me because only Deadpool would know who he is.

>>52091416
Now I'm wondering what would happen if you imbue a Proton Pack with Hellfire.
This must be tested.
>>
>>52091462
I really think you need to write a chain that starts off with Ghost Rider, heads immediately into Marvel/MCU where you pick up Deadpool, then write about the insane adventures the two of you have through the multiverse.

Reading that sounds absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>52091462
Nothing. Ghostbusters is a trap jump. Seriously no trolling or sarcasm bancho likes to add trap options in.
>>
File: bored omnipotent immortal.png (2MB, 974x801px) Image search: [Google]
bored omnipotent immortal.png
2MB, 974x801px
>>52090751
>Mr. Pickles
Anything that is chaotic aligned can be considered a Jumper if you put it like that.
>>
>>52091487
I like it, but I don't have enough creativity or humor to keep it interesting for more than a couple jumps.

Also, there are more pictures of cartoon Deadpool coking food with cartoon Ghost Rider's flame head than I would have thought.
>>
File: 1450410672745.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1450410672745.gif
2MB, 480x270px
Hey guys what's going on he-

...oh. Should I just give armor table previews a bit later?
>>
Did Valeria ever explain how GoHS Cloning works? Whether or not they have all our powers, do we get anything back from them, etc.?
>>
>>52091584
Start the next thread with them.
>>
File: Cato_Fall_of_Damnos.jpg (38KB, 379x431px) Image search: [Google]
Cato_Fall_of_Damnos.jpg
38KB, 379x431px
>>52091584
Everything would be fine if I, Cato Sicarius, was placed in charge.

You should maybe wait for the next thread. It seems to be pretty dead here right now.
>>
>>52091693
>You should maybe wait for the next thread. It seems to be pretty dead here right now.
Next thread could still be a few hours from now.
>>
>>52091605
They get your powers but you dont lose them. Hui is why you dont take that perk.
>>
>>52091723
>Hui is why you dont take that perk.
?
>>
Injustice: gods among us question,does stopping The regime from forming count as satisfying the Victory condition From age of order?
>>
>>52091730
A clone grew his own personality, became his own person, and did not want to go back to the main body.

He also became a spirit his main body got power from.
>>
>>52091723
Well that's only because he was separated from Mo-Ri for extended periods of time (in another dimension, no less) and had people actively encouraging him to be an individual. Worst case scenario they become an individual and you use jumper bullshit to makd them a real boy and get a free companion with all of your values who's really as powerful as you.
>>
>>52091869
Nearly as powerful*
>>
File: 1484509644448.jpg (56KB, 639x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484509644448.jpg
56KB, 639x800px
?
>>
>>52092366
??
>>
>>52088132
They're also really tiny universes. Like they're about the size of a planet and as you said really incredibly shit. Stuff going slower then sound tears up holes in reality while in the lower planes.
>>
File: 1489018448241.jpg (303KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489018448241.jpg
303KB, 700x1000px
>>52092366
>>52092376
???

???
>>
>>52092389
They are a lot larger than the Yulan Continent would make you believe. The contienet itself only makes up something like 1% of the surface area of that world.
And, yeah, space is like tissue paper there.
>>
File: hi_renamon_color_by_gurudj.jpg (428KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hi_renamon_color_by_gurudj.jpg
428KB, 750x1000px
Anyone know if the new tamers jump will let us buy spare digivices? I want to link myself to one with my old digimon altform and give it to my companion.
>>
>>52092464
>Renamon

Worst partner mon.
>>
>>52092484
Well that is your opinion. Renamons always been my favorute.
>>
>>52092416
Yulan continent takes up 10% of the world iirc. It's ten thousand kilometers long so the plane itself should have around a hundred million square kilometers of surface area. It's about half the size of Earth by that estimation.
Linley as a Soverign took a couple of thousand years to make a personal plane smaller then that and he doesn't have control over it.
>>
>>52092464
>>52092392
Die in a fire furries.
>>
>>52092504
The wiki says it has a 'size' of 30,000 kilmeters. It's not clear with that is in length, breadth or circumference.

That either supports or contradicts what your saying, depending on your interpretation of 'size'.

Are you getting these figures from the novel, your own memory/notes or a wiki?
>>
File: 1477857152863.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
1477857152863.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>52092592
>MFW
>>
>>52092592
No, burning fur stinks. Drown them instead.

It's the only humane way to do it.
>>
>>52091462
>Which is funny to me because only Deadpool would know who he is.
Nah, DC comics actually exist in-universe in Marvel. They conveniently forget this every time they have a crossover, but people in Marvel know the DC characters as pop culture icons. Spiderman's a fan of Batman, for example.
>>
Everything i've said about /jc/ and their waifus, i take back.

/cyoag/ is so much worse.
>>
>>52092834
Why do you think we left?
>>
>>52092834
We're glad you now know the truth. Come. We have Overwatch. You are among vaguely less horrible people now.
>>
>>52092834
So any reason for this post other than to start shit?
>>
>>52092834
Wait-YOU'RE that anon who keeps complaining about waifuing?

I'm sure you absolutely loved your time in bargain bin /adv/.
>>
>>52092834
???
>>
>>52092834
Young fool. Only now, at the end, do you understand.
>>
>>52092366
You stop that. Look, I can just fix up your dress nice and pretty so it's not frayed, and I'm pretty sure I can do something about you not having any eyes. Good lord, you could have just asked. No need to make all this dramatic spooky darkness appear everywhere if you just wanted help.
>>
>>52092834

Fuck off shitposter.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 8.png (78KB, 760x646px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 8.png
78KB, 760x646px
So I'd like some opinions, /JC.

First of all...
Kamigawa Progress So Far: http://pastebin.com/yH2mk6hk

Now:
1. With the Races (Human, Soratami, Nexumi, Orochi, Akki, Ogre, and Kami) do you have any expectations for one perk or another for the racial?
2. Items ideas would be nice, but I've gotta finish Racial Perks first.
3. Lands are a bitch and a half. I have one of each color but I wanted to know if you guys wanted them to be importable properties or warehouse attachments?
4. Drawback Ideas if you've got any.
5. Comments on the Jump's WIP.

I'll post this on the next thread too, don't worry.
>>
>>52089762
Predestination was weird, and Heinlein was weirder.
He'd have felt right at home on /d/.
>>
>>52093327
>unless the land is hugely mana rich like those tapped by planeswalkers you may only tap into such power from a land once every ten years, a land here is approximately at minimum four kilometers squared land.

Is this how it works in canon? Because damn, that sucks. How often can mana rich lands be tapped? Do you retain bonds between jumps? How long does sit take to make a bond with this perk?
>>
>>52093327
>God Slaying Arts
Can you devour more than one Oni? Can you use it on spiritual/magical/divine beings in future jumps?
>>
File: both.gif (1MB, 300x189px) Image search: [Google]
both.gif
1MB, 300x189px
>>52093327
>3. Lands are a bitch and a half. I have one of each color but I wanted to know if you guys wanted them to be importable properties or warehouse attachments?
>pic related
On the same topic, are these gonna be generics based on the setting, or is there a chance of stuff based on the Legendary Lands being up for purchase? I'd love my own Palace in the Clouds or School at Water's Edge.

>5. Comments on the Jump's WIP.
Jumper of Flesh and Spirit says it affects your origins, as detailed in each origin. But they don't really note that.

This is probably just my playstyle talking, but the fact that Kanji Magic and Bushido can potentially be taught to others.

Still hoping for something involving The Unspeakable.
>>
>>52093544
>This is probably just my playstyle talking, but the fact that Kanji Magic and Bushido can potentially be taught to others.
...makes it a lot more appealing to me.

I somehow forgot to finish my sentence. Goddammit, brain.
>>
>>52093327
The "split consciousness" from Jumper of Flesh and Spirit is essentially just being able to hold to trains of thought at once? Or are they completely seperate and require actually forming mental words to communicate? And is the soul half a physical thing or does it only exist on a spiritual plane or what?
>>
>>52093327
>1. With the Races (Human, Soratami, Nexumi, Orochi, Akki, Ogre, and Kami) do you have any expectations for one perk or another for the racial?
Seriously? Add the Kitsune, Gaunlet.

Also, I reiterate my concern that 2 racial perks, out of more than 30 is nowhere NEAR enough to do the Kami justice. Nor do the backgrounds really fit a Kami. For heaven's sake, there's the whole divide between them and the mortal race. This is the /Kami/ War.

>but I wanted to know if you guys wanted them to be importable properties or warehouse attachments?
Why not both?

(Cont'd later, when I have more time to read through everything)
>>
So while we're on the subject of MtG, I've got the DC Occult Dimension. How many mana bonds do you think would exist in 40,000 sq. mi?
>>
>>52093327
>3. Lands are a bitch and a half. I have one of each color but I wanted to know if you guys wanted them to be importable properties or warehouse attachments?
I would prefer importable properties.
>>
>>52093327
How does Jumper of Flesh and Spirit interact with something like Power of Dominance from Castlevania or I Have No Soul To Burn from Ghost Rider?
>>
>>52093655
How many notable landscapes do you have in there?
>>
>>52093327
>Ronin
>Ninja perks
Gaunlet. Ronin are samurai without a master.

Ninjas are something different. This is even reflected in the relevant cards.
>>
>>52093698
Hard to say. There's a lot of mountains and forests and it's dotted with a few city states and a bunch flying islands. I just don't know how large an area needs to be to be an effective land.
Thread posts: 413
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.