[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/HHG/ Horus Heresy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 394
Thread images: 55

File: kor Phaeron.jpg (157KB, 611x625px) Image search: [Google]
kor Phaeron.jpg
157KB, 611x625px
Word Bearers a Shit Edition

>THIS THING
http://www.mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
https://mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
http://imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b
>>
File: IMG_0025.png (277KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0025.png
277KB, 396x396px
For the best Legion
>>
File: 1417404852293.jpg (767KB, 1600x1388px) Image search: [Google]
1417404852293.jpg
767KB, 1600x1388px
>>52068216
You stink!
>>
Which legion would you want to be apart of, assuming you pass all the tests, trials, and don't fuck off to die in?
>>
>>52068257
The one that never gets deployed into active war zones.
>>
IV, XII, XIV Legion joint operation soon, brothers.
>>
>>52068257
Salamanders or Scars. Cool guys who hammer things and cool guys who throat-sing and go fast.
>>
>>52068257
> Definitely the White Scars.
>>
File: 1481858356557.png (720KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
1481858356557.png
720KB, 700x520px
Where is it shown that the Scorpius rounds for Seekers are now S5 AP2?

I don't see it in any of the main books, the errata, or the red books available in the OP. (The Army List and the Crusade Army Legions)
>>
Does anyone here have experience using the Talons of the Emperor list?
I recently saw the pictures of the black-armoured Custodes and the silver-armoured Sister of Silence and am now giving serious consideration to playing the army.
How should I go about building the army?
Should I focus more on Custodes or Sisters?
>>
>>52068257

White Scars have fun unless you have angst and self-regret.
>>
>>52068390
Wonder why Scars are the least-played Legion, then...

It certainly has nothing to do with the prices of outriders and jetbikes
>>
>>52068376
>Should I focus more on Custodes or Sisters?
Unless you go hard on it the Sisters are limited given the rules. You can only take three units of Sisters for every one HQ unit of Sisters you take, and you have to have at least one Sisters HQ to take anything else. On the bright side they are really cheap compared to Custodes, but you get what you pay for.

Also, they don't really have anything but infantry and an (admittedly really cool) assault transport, and the model for the transport might not come out for a while since it looked like it was still in the CAD process at the weekender. If you want any support you gotta take Custodes for that, and you're going to want to because their vehicles are all really good.

One silly thing you could do with Sisters is to just take them as your Compulsory HQ to free up a lot of points for the rest of your bananas, but I'm not sure I'd do that. The Shield-Captain is the most powerful unit in the entire list so you may as well just take him.

Beyond that there's actually a lot of ways to build a Custodes army, so honestly just read through the list a couple times and then start playing around with ideas using battlescribe and see if something inspires you. You can do deep strike spam, MSU tank spam, take a Tribune and infiltrate three units by picking the warlord trait for that, do a shooty JSJ list with jetbikes, etc. There's a surprising amount of flexibility in the list given how few units there are since every unit Custodes have is actually pretty good.
>>
>>52068443
or that they're still two books away from having units and characters and scenarios, and will be the absolute dead last faction to get anything in 30k by the look of things.
>>
>>52068461
The rules they DO have are quite good already, though. Lack of characters never stopped people making 1kSons armies before Inferno.
>>
>>52068485
True. It's probably mostly the price of the bits and the fact that painting an all-white army is a bitch. If there was more of a tournament/competitive scene for 30k I bet there would be more White Scars lists, though. Scoring jetbikes and outriders are really, really good.
>>
A thing about the EC. Their Observed Strategic Tendencies entry in Betrayal reads: Combined Arms Warfare, the use of Complex Manouvre and Discursive Tactical Planning, Asymmetrical Assault. Basically it's supposed to describe their doctrinal specialty. Thing is, it mostly just sounds generic. Combined arms warfare and asymmetrical warfare, that's stuff all Legions do in some sense. And I'm not even sure what "Complex Manouvre and Discursive Tactical Planning" is supposed to mean. It just gives me a mental image of them jerking off to each other doing ludicrously choreographed backflips and somersaults.
>>
File: IMG_20170307_222208.jpg (125KB, 666x809px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170307_222208.jpg
125KB, 666x809px
How'd I do? My first Z order and frankly I think I may have gone overboard.
>>
>>52068517
>It just gives me a mental image of them jerking off to each other doing ludicrously choreographed backflips and somersaults.
I mean, you're not far off...
>>
>>52068449
Thank you for the in-depth feedback and help. You've given me plenty to think about. Now I need to figure out how to get my hands on the limited edition Custodes model for less than a second mortgage.

While I'm here, I have a quick question about the Sisters' cadre rules. It looks to me like the special rule you get to choose applies to every sister in the army, not just the cadre. That is, you can't choose a different rule for each cadre.
Is that correct?
>>
>>52068531
>Only $144
>A bunch of bases and accessories
>Overboard

Wat.
Come back when you order 20 each of your legion's unique units, multiple dreadnoughts, and a vehicle.
It'll still come out to less than a fifth of the FW stuff.

I just don't have the balls to play with it anywhere outside of my friends group
>>
>>52068531
Splain this...
>>
>>52068531
A fellow Night lords player, I see. Very nice.
>>
>>52068586
>That is, you can't choose a different rule for each cadre.
>Is that correct?
Yeah, that's how I read it. It's similar to how Alpha Legion get to pick one army wide USR for anyone with LA(AL) or how the Secutarii get a bonus for all of their phalanxes if they take an Axiarch. Basically, it gives you some tactical flexibility to decide what rules best suits the game once you see the opponent's list and roll up a scenario.
>>
>>52068514
All-white isn't so bad. White basecoat, black wash, Celestra grey, layer Ulthuan Grey, highlight with Ceramite white. Done.
>>
>>52068624
Good to know, thank you.
>>
File: Luna_Wolves_Legion_combat.jpg (531KB, 1024x705px) Image search: [Google]
Luna_Wolves_Legion_combat.jpg
531KB, 1024x705px
So if I might ask, what would be fluffy for the armour on a force meant to be legion old guard, from early-mid crusade rather than the heresy? I had the plan to mostly have Mk II with some Mk III mixed in, but would it make more sense for some younger tacticals(Inducted when it was new and got suits) or veterans (Earned it and wear it with pride)? As well, what heads could I use to achieve the look in the pic? The white scars ones looked similar, and they had the head plumes which could visually tie them to the later look of the legion, but I want opinions.
>>
>>52068216
You know, I keep seeing the smiling primarch meme so often I have trouble recognizing their actual, dour expressions.
>>
>>52068588

To be fair, I have 3 HH boxes, so I'm good for bodies I think. However, I am completely unsure what kind of quality to expect, though I've heard he's been really good recently.

However, I am considering a 20man Ass squad, 15 Night Raptors, and a Kharibdys in the future. However, I really need to start cracking away at what I already have.

>>52068600
Chinaman

>>52068601
Ave Dominus Nox

They're fun as long as you avoid talking about them in the 40k thread. How do you run them? I'm building towards a Terror Assault with podding vets, a Melee Contemptor in a Claw, and some teleporting termies.
>>
>>52068651
One big thing to keep in mind is that a lot of people consider the Custodes Shield-Captain Tribune to be flat-out overpowered since if you take all his toys he can beat most Primarchs in combat despite costing only a little over half their price and taking a compulsory HQ slot instead of a LoW slot. Also, picking your warlord trait is always extremely powerful. Taking one may or may not be touchy in your FLGS depending on how many people there read a lot of internet bickering (or if he just never dies and kills everyone).

As far as I can tell their main weaknesses are a complete and total lack of anti-air, and a rather limited way to deal with infantry hordes. They don't have any barrage or blast without taking a Knight or allies, and their access to template weapons is a little limited as all the units that have them are rather expensive (or use up slots you don't want them in, like the flamer Sisters being heavy support). Allies can generally fix one of these problems but not both at the same time without costing more points than you'd want to spend on allies.

One (exactly 500 point) allied detachment that I think would complement them very well would be to take a Siege Breaker, a tactical squad and a unit of three quad mortars with phosphex, and then just bubble wrap the mortars with the tac squad. Specific legion doesn't matter a whole lot, but Iron Hands makes them more durable against shooting, or you could do Raven Guard to infiltrate the tactical squad as spotters instead of bubble wrap. Phosphex mortars are also a bit crazy though so unless there's someone in your meta with a really mean Inductii list I'm not sure I'd go quite that far.
>>
>>52068688
Just about any combination of armour marks can be fluffy, except for things like traitors using mkVII.
Which legion are you playing, btw? Luna Wolves, judging by your picture?

You can always make the army actually be from the Crusade era, and the fallback excuse for wonky timing (warp shenanigans) always works.
>>
>>52068517
Their specialty is some poorly conceived excellence. They assimilate all specialty doctrines of other Legions, and refine them. Their command structure has elements from all other Legion hierarchies. When they see some other Legion perform well in a certain aspect of warfare, they will start doing it better. They also have some of the best duelists of all Legions. They favor perfect, complex, and effective plans over other sorts of plans (I'm not sure what perfect means in this context). They pride themselves at excelling at everything.

Honestly, I think McNeill just didn't know how to pick a good niche.
>>
>>52068747
I haven't finished the army or had a chance to play, but I'm going for a mostly jump pack army.
>>
>>52068768
Yes, Luna Wolves. Unless I go Mechanicum, it's an increasingly hard decision as time goes on.
I could have them just be from the crusade, in fact I probably will if I get the army made. As a teen who got his first job to pay for stuff like this, I want it to be good. Which means I need to actually practice my painting on all the Empire models i have.
And how might I make things like Reavers and Justaerins work with the theme? They seem like they might look out of place.
>>
>>52068792

I want to do that, too, but I don't have the ass Marines for it. If I wasn't already drowning in dudes on foot, I think I'd go heavy on the ass Marines in like a DAV with Termie Support. Still not sold on Night Raptors yet because of their points, but damn it I do like them.

At least I can do it in 40k with Raptor troops.
>>
>>52068531
For $144 you can do a full 1000 point ZM force. Looks like you fucked up.
>>
>>52068828
Word of warning: white armour is a whore to paint.
>>
>>52068855

What if I have 90 bodies to build as well as 15 terminators and 2 contemptors already?
>>
>>52068871
Still fucked up buying piddly accessories from a recaster.
>>
>>52068257
Iron Warriors, Can't have a bad day when you have such a bad ass battle cry.
>>
>>52068357

>crusade army legions

every time
>>
>>52068257
XIX, as a techmarine if at all possible. Glorious primarch-level permission to make shit better using anything from the mechanicum and kiavahr.
>>
>>52068881
I paid $8 for a $54 upgrade kit. I think I did alright there, and the rest was at least half off.
>>
>>52069048
Then why the fuck are asking "How'd I do?"

Are you seriously that pathetic you're fishing for compliments from /tg/?
>>
>>52069048
Z is the shittiest tier recaster out there. Do better next time.
>>
>>52069108
Compliments? No. I wasn't sure if I should have ordered as much as I did because it was my first time.
>>
>>52069123
Yes, you spent too much money on stupid shit from a recaster.
>>
What model would be a good representative for Rad missile servitor? I can't find one i. FW webstore.
>>
>>52069121

I'm currently waiting on some test stuff from MI and LF, actually. Z had some particulars for a particularly low price.
>>
>>52069142
use servo-squids and call it an internal carapace weapon, it's what I've seen pretty much everyone else do, since they look so much better than the old shitty servitors. if you want to model one get some BaC missile launchers and stick them onto the multi-melta finecast servitor bodies. (or use GSC bodies in the mining suits with a headswap.)
>>
>>52068517
>them jerking off to each other doing ludicrously choreographed backflips and somersaults
That was probably more or less what it was.
>>
>>52068197
Daily Lorgar Did Nothing Wrong Post #2

L O R G A R D I D N O T H I N G W R O N G
>>
Did any primarch ever actually get laid? You'd figure they'd have some bastards running around if that was the case.
>>
>>52069298
People keep saying Sanguinius had a wife in older fluff. Never could find it however.
>>
>>52069298
I doubt any of the primarchs were enamored with mortals enough to sleep with them
>>
File: 1408469229557.png (169KB, 330x327px) Image search: [Google]
1408469229557.png
169KB, 330x327px
>>52069343
They're all basically autist multi-savants. able to appreciate beauty in the abstract sense, but too literal/logical to really enjoy a moment. Must kind of suck actually.
>>
>>52069298
Does it count if Fulgrim was sodomized with a metal rod? Other than that, I think the closest thing to sexual or romantic attraction expressed by any HH-era marine, would most likely be Loken's emotionally charged staring contest with the Remembrancer girl.
>>
File: venerable intensifies.gif (831KB, 295x400px) Image search: [Google]
venerable intensifies.gif
831KB, 295x400px
How would you suggest I kit out contemptor dreadnoughts if my compulsory troops are terminators and I have a low model count?
Should I use the cortus if that's the case?
>>
File: JenetiaKrole.jpg (191KB, 914x719px) Image search: [Google]
JenetiaKrole.jpg
191KB, 914x719px
Huh. I thought it was established that Silent Sister mouth pieces were bolted into their jaws. Retcon maybe?

I'm okay with it, if so. The whole bolt-in thing felt kinda dumb.
>>
>>52069449
Same as always, figure out what job they need to do, kit them to do that job.

Are they serving as anti-armor? if yes contemptor mortis it up with kheres/autos/lascannons. Anti-infantry? generally beatstick cortus does that best. Anti-heavy infantry? grab a pair of plasma cannons or plasma blaster fists.

cortus should always be melee or multirole, the contemptor is superior as a gun platform if you need many, contempto mortis is best if you only need one because of weapon cost reductions.
>>
>>52069298

>Did any primarch ever actually get laid?

You should just assume all the Primarchs fucked something before going Astartes. All of them were great conquerors, statesmen, and/or warriors.
>>
>>52069465

40k urban legend by this point.
>>
>>52069465
>I thought it was established that Silent Sister

The only thing that was established about them is that they love top-knots, hunt down psykers and are silent. Before Inferno there was almost no fluff for them, where did you get that they got their shit bolted on their faces?
>>
>>52069658

I think Curze may have actually been too autistic for fucking.
>>
>>52068770

Its hard to specialize a Legion whose greatest strength maximum autism is also the cause of its greatest flaw. I mean, not once did the Ultramarines ever get asspained over not being considered the best. They strove to adopt the best tactics and technologies and prove themselves as one of the best Legions to contribute.

But EC just wanted to be the best. The very best. They set themselves up for a fall. At least EC loyalists specialized by wanting to be the best at cooking dirty heretics in their party wagons.
>>
>>52069692
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Jenetia_Krole
>The silver mouthpiece that concealed her face was surgically bonded to her jaw.

Doesn't give a specific source, but I'm going to guess Prospero Burns since I remember another anon claiming that before Master of Mankind release.
>>
>>52069729

Curze pryed the dark alleyways. He probably had a go at a whore house, once upon a time. He certainly acquired a taste for pleasures of the flesh, since he literally constructed his gigantic doom fortress out of naked still wreathing bodies stitched together moaning in pain and agony.
>>
>>52069658
That doesn't really matter if they have no interest in sex in the first place. And even if they did, assuming their dicks are proportional with the rest of their bodies, I doubt they'd be able to do much. Unless they have gorilla dicks, that is.

But I doubt the Primarchs had any interest in sex, like what >>52069413 said.
>>
>>52069777

>But I doubt the Primarchs had any interest in sex

You're just making them more inhuman than they already are. The truth of the matter is whether or not they bore children is inconsequential, much like the rest of the Astartes since its inception, because they eventually outlive their children or their children just don't fucking matter.

Not even any of the Emperor's natural born children mattered in the context of the current setting. And no one disputes that the Emperor fucked.
>>
How should I kit out melee tarts for my Night Lords? I'm thinking a Glaive Sgt, 3 sets of Claws, and a Hammer/Fist/CF for then first five, then maybe 4 claws and a Hammer/Fist/CF added on if I go to 10.
>>
>>52069878

Whatever looks cool. You're playing Night Lords, after all.
>>
>>52069878
drop one set of claws, get another fist, you wont need it if the sarge has a glaive already
>>
>>52069739
>not once did the Ultramarines ever get asspained over not being considered the best
Because they were.
>>
>>52069893

So, go 1 Glaive, 2 Claws, fist, and hammer? Then go 3/2 claw fist? Sounds simple enough. Should I bother with axes?
>>
File: morty2.png (248KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
morty2.png
248KB, 396x396px
>>52068216
>>
I am legitimately considering starting a 30k Ultramarines army instead of an IW army as I initially intended because the Guilliman and Invictarus Suzerain models are so nice. Is there something wrong with me?
>>
>>52070351

No, 30k UM are legitimately interesting and have a unique playstyle plus blue + gold is patrician
>>
Jesus Christ, how many times will Guilliman be completely at someone's mercy but survive because they decide to monologue instead of kill him?
>>
Death Guard receive some actual character and depth when?
>>
>>52070351
Nah. 30K UMs are generally considered to be a lot less boring than their spotlight-hogging 40K counterparts.
>>
File: best book.png (235KB, 900x908px) Image search: [Google]
best book.png
235KB, 900x908px
>>52070351
>Is there something wrong with me?

nope
it just shows you're one of the finest mankind has to offer
>>
>>52070351
30k ultras are actually fun and interesting, with good personality. and aside from painting marble being hell the gulliman model is one of the better FW primarch sculpts.

why not do both? just get a very small allied IW detachment with only the units you really like
>>
anyone have tips on not falling into the deathstar trap?
having a hard as fuck time building a list for my iron hands, definitely want to have 3 predator executioners but outside of that i dont have any particular needs
>>
One of the things that drew me to the Ultras and Guilliman in 30k aside from the sculpts is the lore about Imperium Secundus. I really like seeing Guilliman portrayed in a shade of gray rather than being everyone's golden boy as he's made out to be in 40k. I personally think Imperium Secundus was some underhanded empire-building and it makes Guilliman a better character for having a flawed side to him.
>>
>>52070866
Although there is not much going for it canonically now, I like the conspiracy that Guilliman created the codex astartes in order to undermine the other legions command structure, weakening them so that he could get away with pulling off a proper coup and usurping control of the entire Imperium at large.

I think it's more interesting that simply >>52070578 anyway.
>>
>>52070853
Not the same guy, but similar question. How the hell do I wreck that bloody Spartan?

Plus erasing that goddamn Primarch coming out with shitton of 2+ 2W fuckers before it gets close.
>>
>>52071095
medusa cannons, kraken penetrator missiles, or graviton guns/cannons
>>
>>52070853
Take care of your list in roughly this order, depending on local meta:

>minimum force org slots
>scoring stuff
>anti-tank
>anti-deathstar
>anti-air
>anti-MC
>list gimmicks (reserve manipulation, etc)
>anti-psyker (less relevant in 30k)

Then rework those things so your list functions as a cohesive whole in the playstyle you want and so each element is independently useful while being capable of supporting other elements.

Note that anti-deathstar can often be rolled into anti-tank. If that Spartan gets slagged early game and you're deploying on short table edges, you can avoid the deathstar entirely.
>>
>>52068257
Ultramarines is the obvious best choice
>>
>>52071091
Wouldn't have worked in retrospect, as the Dark Angels and their successor chapters all still operate under the command of a single council (essentially making them still legion strength). As Malcador had hoped in the time of Imperium Secundus, the Lion (or rather his sons) would be there to stop a potential Guilliman coup attempt.
>>
hnnnnnnnnnnnnng
I need to buy 60 shields for my grey slayers, and want to use Wulfen shields but it's fucking expensive.
Anyone know of a source for round shields with hands already molded on?
>>
>>52071095
Vultarax, Grav spam (both haywire)
Armorbane Stuff (Kraken penetrators, ordinator weapons)

Part of a deathstar meta is the spartan being hard to crack, but lists facing something with the tools to open one quickly don't need to answer with thier own.

>>52070853
I guess I got lucky playing RG, as legions go it generally wants to be doing the exact opposite of deathstars and hedging closer to MSU, so once I solved the spartan-cracking problem generally things go pretty well.

The best way for other legions I find to not fall into the deathstar trap is realize that a simple tactical squad can often be just as effective a bodyguard for your primarch as anything else, and cover can in many cases be better protection than AV (30k does not have much in the way of stuff that ignores area terrain)
>>
>>52071216
If you use the ones without Chaos stars on them, Chaos Marauder shields might work.
I can't actually remember if they have hands on though.
>>
sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but do we have any real idea of how many troops the traitor legions lost at isstvan 5?
>>
>>52071253
They've got the arm up to the elbow attached
>>
Progress report time /hhg/

I have persevered, 41 marines and terminators later I have beaten the magnet tyrant and overthrown it for glorious wysiwyg.

Pic is blurry because tablet camera is all I had handy, phone currently needs screen replacement.

Box int he front is all the weapons, the stormtroopers on the side will be doing work as adsec thralls, the enginseer as techpriest auxilia once I can find some simple green. (dish detergent and a wire brush just isn't as effective)

I can now march for the XIX once suitable priming weather decides to show itself!

more stuff in the mail to come, but not for at least a few weeks.
>>
File: CurrentFinished.jpg (220KB, 1200x663px) Image search: [Google]
CurrentFinished.jpg
220KB, 1200x663px
>>52071352
I hate mobile posting sometimes.

actual pic.
>>
>>52071352
>progress report

I have 2/90 Marines done!
>>
File: BudgetPraevian1.jpg (238KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
BudgetPraevian1.jpg
238KB, 1200x900px
>>52071352
Bonus closeups of the praevian and techmarine conversions I've done using an old techmarine body, and a new one I nicked the servoharness off for the Binalt forge lord conversion.

Suggestions for ways to spruce either one up a little welcome, I've been scratching my head a bit looking for ways to improve either.
>>
File: BudgetPraevian2.jpg (253KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
BudgetPraevian2.jpg
253KB, 1200x900px
>>52071389
>>
File: IMG_0629.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0629.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52071362
You had better batch paint all of it like a real man.
>>
File: IMG_1217.jpg (181KB, 878x968px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1217.jpg
181KB, 878x968px
>>52071394
>>
File: IMG_1218.jpg (182KB, 996x971px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1218.jpg
182KB, 996x971px
>>52071405
>>52071406
I plan to do what I can, but the majority of it will be one at a time because Raven Guard matte black demands heavy wash use.
>>
>>52071352
Holy shit, that is a lot of gun. Shiny.

I'm now wondering whether to spend money on the first kits for my Genetors or hold back for when I find good whale bits. Was all ready to go, but now that fell through a little I think I might get my Omnissiah on with some Thallax and stuff in the meantime.
>>
>>52071405

Different anon, but is it better to leave the heads off, then?

Also, am I fucked if I don't have an air brush, but have a gigantic pile of dudes to paint?
>>
>>52071411
No anon, it can't be so, you are obligated to design a paint scheme that is both appealing AND easy to mass produce!!!

You are the MASTER of your LEGION. OWN IT
>>
>>52068257
If in setting, probably EC.

>OMG, you guys think I'm good enough to join you guys!

with meta knowledge, Ultramarines.

I like order
>>
>>52071424
For infantry airbrush is a luxury.
>>
File: DarkfireResponse.png (57KB, 1379x771px) Image search: [Google]
DarkfireResponse.png
57KB, 1379x771px
>>52071422
not counting mor deythan or terminator weapons:
28 bolters, 15 combi-flamers, 10 combi-meltas, 10 combi-plasma, 7 each plasma/melta/flamer, 7 heavy bolter.
Once the FW stuff arrives I'll be adding some volkite chargers/culverins/calivers to the mix, and a set of plasma cannons (the front left squad has magnetized backpacks for use as a HWS)

The stuff in the mail besides guns is 2 vultarax, macrotek, praetors, and some vorax. Also have a cawl model I'm not done converting up into an archmagos, should be a pretty good stand in for abeyant/machinator/heavy gun I think. Sadly darkfire castellax went sold out the same day I was going to order, feelsbadman.

Since I'm out of pics, have this email that explains the number of recent sold outs on the website, they're repackaging shit.
>>
>>52068531

Do you already have the heavy weapon arms for the lascannons and missile launchers?
>>
>>52071424
From what I understand, and as a beginner myself, figuring out how you can leverage simple, effective paint methods into good looking models the easier it will be.

I decided to paint the arms, heads, backpacks and weapons separately to ensure I could get good coverage with my spray primer.

I suspect it will also help reduce paint smearing when it comes to doing power weapons or rusting weaponry.
>>
>>52068531
>Z

You fucked up because you'll be able to use maybe half of it
>>
>>52071424
As far as bulk infantry goes, look for a paint scheme that uses washes to modulate and blend a base coat into the color you want for a particular legion. Imperial Fists, Iron Hands, Iron Warriors are solid examples of this. It makes the painting process easier.

For metallic colored legions like the Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons or Sons of Horus, an Artificer tint set can go a long way towards creating a tinted Ironbreaker or Leadbelcher that can serve as your base coat.
>>
>>52071520
Z isn't that shitty. I've purchased HUEG quantities, once you have a grasp of what his manufacturing process inhibits you simply steer clear of it.

He uses his molds until they literally can't be used anymore and batch produces some of his listings so he can better accommodate orders.

His MKII for example is currently using a brand new mold, having personally received some of what was left from his old mold, the quality is vastly superior.

You also can't expect there to not be warping or mold lines on at least one or two models consistently, this is mostly due to the process of bulk casting that he uses.

For the price, other re-casters don't compete with him.
>>
>>52071474
Sometimes I regret picking solely armies that are fiddly to paint. Starting the hobby with 40k Admech probably didn't do my first squad or two any favours. On the other hand, I love converting stuff, so some of that is probably my fault. Was going to use Cawl as my Archmagos too, but he's a bit overdone with the tentacles and spikes everywhere and transporting him would be a nightmare even with foam. No Raven Guard at my FLGS, but they do look damn cool painted up right.

On the upside, I need to mass-produce Levies, so I can always paint a couple dozen of those if I get frustrated.
Anyone ever use the Greenstuff World rolling pin things? Using their industrial one and a 25mm slicy thing would help fix the problem of making 100 suitable Levy and Adsec bases.
>>
>>52071560
My solution to transporting fiddly shit is gluing magnets to bases and using a steel baking tray with a suitable sized bit of tupperware as the lid and a couple things to hold it on. Currently how most of those HQs and Corax or my Grey Knights get around. 1/4" dia 1/16" thick N52 magnets works for most 40mm infantry and below unless they're metal.
>>
Would it be metal if my blackshields where wielding chainaxes in one hand and a shotgun in the other?
>>
File: ChymeraeBlackshield.jpg (98KB, 804x447px) Image search: [Google]
ChymeraeBlackshield.jpg
98KB, 804x447px
>>52071636
>filename
you know what you must do
>>
>>52071610
I was considering something like that, especially since when there's 100 Infantry on the board in units of 50 you kind of want some movement trays anyway. I think I I'll probably get a proper carry case for the Magi and Thallax/Myrmidons, and then rig up some magnetic storage/movement tray thing for the giant horde of doom. Sorry vehicles, you get the slightly padded cardboard box as usual.

Biggest problem for the Heresy is deciding what to do first. Everything that isn't a Legion or Talons has cool stuff I want, and I can't quite fit it all into one army.
>>
>>52068257
Scars or 1kSons. AL and Salamanders seem also neat tho.
>>
File: IMG_20170213_072214.jpg (76KB, 797x452px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170213_072214.jpg
76KB, 797x452px
>>52071503

I'm not a beginner to painting, but my main army has always been Sisters of Battle. I've never had to deal with pieces before as they've always been one solid chunk of metal except for the backpack.

That sounds reasonable, though.

>>52071530

Well, I'm doing Night Lords, so the basic colors are simple enough. It's the fiddly details that will kill me in the long run. Pic related are my test models that I've put here before. Both of them were done fully assembled. The MkIII was a lot more difficult assembled, which is why the face paint is the way it is.
>>
>>52071477

I have the arms that come with B@C/BoP, but that's it.
>>
>>52071725
you won't be able to use them then. those are for use on the older HWS. to get plastic-compatible heavy weapons you need the underslung types.
>>
>>52071738

Well, fuck. I guess I'll have to figure something out, then.
>>
Basic outline for my Iron Hands, targeting the Head of the Gorgon Rite:
HQ:
Herald Consul for melee bonus.
Forge Lord, either on jetbike with Conversion Beamer or G-gun, or TDA keeping close to some Automata.
Damocles Rhino for faster Outflanking tanks (this is the part I'm the least certain about due to troops).

Troops:
a) 3 10-man Tacs in Rhino, Outflank as needed
10-man Graviton Squad because why not. in Rhino or LR, same as above, maybe reduce to 9-man and add Apothecary
b) 2 20-man Tacs with Apothecaries

Add robots, tanks and terminators to taste.

Between a) and b), should I choose one or another or should I mix it a bit? I prefer to keep offensive pressure, but I have nothing against keeping it defensive so the opponent's forced to move forward.
>>
>>52071645
I could attach the mkII phobos bolter chain bayonettes onto the shotguns.
>>
>>52071752
>Well, fuck. I guess I'll have to figure something out, then.

You could order some heavy support squads, if they're still on the Z catalog (I have no idea if they are).

Note the arms - https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Legion-MKIII-Heavy-Support-Squad
>>
>>52071718
Nightlords! Those look good yeah? I like them, the lightning bolts seem intimidating.
>>
How many Arc rifle haywire shots do you need to take down a Spartan, I want to keep some of the default Peltast guns for the shrouded thing
>>
>>52071868
I'd say however many shots are required to guarantee 6 hits.
>>
>>52071868
7.2 Haywire shots, so round up to 8 so you have a little leeway. Given that ranges can be a little vague while deepstriking, I'd take five Arcs. If you're doing the Arvus trick, anyway.
>>
>>52071903
I was just thinking of putting them in a Triaros, would an Arvus be better?
>>
Can someone explain how Abaddon killed Horus in a duel after he was cloned by Fabius Bile? From my understanding the clone Horus was perfect, the best among primarchs reborn again and abaddon was just a regular chaos marine.
>>
>>52071969
Horus's soul was destroyed by Emps, it wasn't him.
>>
>>52071969
It didnt have a soul so it probably was closer to a smart ogryn than a primarch.
>>
>>52071935
12 Hoplites in an Arvus with Hazard Protocols on do 8.33 Hull Points to anything short of a Titan. They're probably the new Mech anti-tank solution.
If you just want a big block of 20 Peltasts in a Triaros, possibly don't kit every squad to instakill 5HP vehicles. Arc Pistol and Maul on the Alpha lets you hurt vehicles fine, IMO.
>>
>>52071998
Thanks senpai, also when painting Titan Guard do they have the same colour schemes as the titans or a completely different ones?
>>
Can Praevian and/or Lord with cortex controller take Vulthrax now?
>>
File: here comes the aeroplane.png (159KB, 456x194px) Image search: [Google]
here comes the aeroplane.png
159KB, 456x194px
>>52072037
Gee, I dunno, the way the rule's written is pretty unclear.
>>
>>52072037
no, praevians are limited to vorax or castellax.

you can still control automata as long as you are sworn brothers, or take them native to your list if you are iron hands.

In my case I'm running a forge lord in Raven Guard with cybernetica allies (once I can actually order darkfire castellax again) and since they're sworn brothers on the allies matrix special rules and wargear effects are shared. Still working out the best paintscheme to represent Kiavahr mechanicum that looks distinct from RG black but still ties in well with the overall army.
>>
>>52072036
Usually the same as the Legio they're sworn to, yeah. What's the overall plan for using them? A couple 20-man blobs as line troops in transports, as a specialist Anti-tank unit or is there a Warhound chilling out somewhere and you're giving the army of 4+ reroll ones FnP 5+ rerollable mini-terminators some anti-tank extras?
>>
>>52072059
>you can still control automata as long as you are sworn brothers, or take them native to your list if you are iron hands.
By Cortex Controller, you can take an optional Heavy Support of Thallax, Castellax or Vorax if you take a Praevian regardless of LA.
>>
>>52072074
Pretty much so at smaller games replace the titan with a Knight or Thanatar and get some Thallax as troops,

The hardest thing is thinking of something for the Axiarch do do aside from being free Slay the Warlord, hes T4 3+ has no EW or IC so he really is fucked beyond belief, I was just thinking of scrapping him for a Magos or something
>>
>>52072081
also true, but I often overlook that because decapitation strike leaves me with one heavy support that is nearly always a levi or a deredeo.
>>
>>52072130

Adding to this: He's clearly build for assault but has WS4, he's got BS5 but no way to take a gun bigger than a pistol. Just have him aim an Aegis line Autocannon
>>
>>52072130
Honestly, he should have Independent Character, and I suspect that he will be in the upcoming FAQ when it (eventually) arrives. I just give mine an Arc Pistol and Maul and have him add some vehicle hunting capability to some squad that lacks it. If you're running Reductor, which you probably should be, then also take a barebones Magos Reductor and then make a kitted out Archimandrite to be Warlord, the Axiarch is just your 65pt Protocol tax. Give him some basic gear and have him smack stuff. If there's a Warhound Titan, make sure you pick the FnP protocol, it makes them so damn tough it's silly, especially in IWND Triaros.
>>
>>52070578
5/10
It Was Okay.
>>
>tfw can't decide on a legion
>>
>>52072205
What colours do you like, do you prefer hitting or shooting, do you like any of the primarchs, are you sneaky or loud, how appealing is magic, etc.
>>
>>52072205
I hear you, bro. What options are you considering? Or, failing that, which legions are you certain you DON'T want to play?
Also, are you dead set on a legion, or are you also considering Solar Auxila, Militia/Cults, Mechanicum, or Custodes/Sisters?

Maybe we can help.
>>
>>52072205
Well guys, I guess dubs picks his legion

Rolling for White Scars
>>
>>52072214

>What colours do you like
Something easy to paint. So that's ImpFists, Death Guard, White Scars and World Eaters out

>do you prefer hitting or shooting
Hitting or close-range shooting

>do you like any of the primarchs
They're all interesting, really.

>are you sneaky or loud
Loud.

>how appealing is magic
I'd rather avoid.

Bonus points for infantry-focused legions/legions I can build from BaC/BoP too, since they're cheaper.
>>
File: Castrmen_Orth.png (465KB, 438x457px) Image search: [Google]
Castrmen_Orth.png
465KB, 438x457px
>>52072229
Do you like robots?
>>
>>52072229

>Hitting or close-range shooting
>Loud.
>Avoids magic
>infantry based

Sons of Horus using the Long March RoW
>>
>>52072229
Sounds like Sons of Horus.
Or you could take meme balanced TSons by only taking one ML1 psyker to be your warlord.
>>
>>52072229
Honestly Death Guard sound up your street, bonuses to shooting and close combat in the form of shredding flamers and rad grenades, aren't really interested in sneaking, hate psykers and their paint scheme isn't too difficult to pull off with the right paints. They can make a solid list from a BoP and BaC set.

Sons of Horus and Iron Hands also fit.
>>
>>52072229
Sounds like Sons of Horus, to me. The pain scheme can seem intimidating at first, but it's far easier than the ones you list as not liking.

>Hitting or close-range shooting
That is their specialty, and "Loud" pretty much sums of how they fight. They hit hard and fast with the subtlety of a brick through a window, but also get some good tactical options.
>>
>>52072205
dark angles
>>
>>52072244
>>52072247
>>52072252
>>52072265

So looks like it's pretty much unanimous Sons of Horus.

My Body Is Ready For LUPERCAL.
>>
>>52072275
Iron Warriors, Iron Hands, Blood Angels, and Space Wolves also all fit.
>>
Remember when Horus was Mathhammer Challenge King of 30k?
>>
>>52072275
>>52072295
Also Blackshields.
>>
>>52072302
yeah i remember two weeks ago, who cares.
>>
>>52071352
Are you RgBro?
>>
>>52072302
Doesn't Disabling Strike fuck over Russ as he cant use Sever Life
>>
>>52072295
>Iron Warriors
dull and expensive list

>Iron Hands
same

>Blood Angels
ok but a wait for extended rules and shit scheme

>Space Wolves
Not a pivotal faction in Heresy and too specialised

Sons of Horus is always a good choice.
>>
Quad Gun(s) vs. Medusa. Which one is generally a better choice? Because I'm short on budget.
>>
>>52072350
Genrally the quad mortar (espcially with phosphex), but the medusa is harder to kill, and better vs multi-wound termintors and tanks
>>
>>52072357
What about Land Raider Achilles (Alpha)?
>>
>>52072229
>no one suggesting space wolves
they are basically everything you want, AND they get the best troops choice by defult
>>
>>52072275

>Picks Sons of Horus
>Looks at painting tutorials

guys i fear i have made a mistake

i am not this good a painter
>>
>>52072367
Overly expencive, and wont deliver on its points IMO. Its a big distraction canrnifex. stick with mortars or proper arty
>>
>>52072371
Space Wolves, Custodes, Blackshields, or Word Bearers might fit.
>>
>>52072387
>recomeneding custode to a new player
you big meanie pants, do you want him to have no friends
>>
File: SOH recipe.png (605KB, 1060x722px) Image search: [Google]
SOH recipe.png
605KB, 1060x722px
>>52072371
Doesn't seem that tricky. Don't know what tutorials you found, but some chucklefucks post ridiculously complex recipes on their blogs.
>>
>>52072398

It's the mixing paints for the basecoat that's scaring me. Because I know I'll never be able to get a consistent mix from squad to squad.
>>
Lets say someone was insane enough to actually buy this bundle
What would the best optimal loadout for each titan since they do allow you to choose any combination of weapons in the order
Personally if I was gonna get it I'd order another warhound because im weirdly autustic about pyramid structures
>>
>>52072371
Prime black, Basecoat Kabalite Green, Nuln Oil, Highlight Sybarite Green
>>
>>52072357
What's the merit of the Quad Mortar? Seems it doesn't have much-needed AP2.

Sorry, I'm a noob. Maybe I'm over-fearing those 2+ guys.
>>
File: descartes-meditac3a7c3b5es.jpg (95KB, 1031x860px) Image search: [Google]
descartes-meditac3a7c3b5es.jpg
95KB, 1031x860px
>>52072411
Maximum D.
>>
File: SonsofHorusLegionReaverSquad04.jpg (47KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
SonsofHorusLegionReaverSquad04.jpg
47KB, 600x620px
>>52072404
You could have them be VERY late-Heresy, with their primary colours being black and only a few pieces here and there maintaining the green.

But there are other legion options, don't feel like you're locked in already.
>>
>>52072415

This except don't use Nuln Oil, it'll make Kabalite Green too dark. Plus Coelia Greenshade is a literally perfect match for SoH armour.
>>
>>52072411
...Just how many points will they eat up?
>>
>>52072418
The best weapon against 2+ is rate of fire. One in six rolls will fail, so force as many saves on them as possible.
>>
>>52072418
It's cheap and good against anything not 2+, shatter shells for anti-armour, phosphex for anti infantry, the fire bombs to ignore cover if you are playing against shit save models.
>>
>>52072428
Fully kitted out is 7300 points so with the 25% rules you need around 30,000 points to use it
>>
Will Phosphex shell worth the Siege-Breaker tax?
>>
>>52072442
only on mortars, regular shells are better on medusas.
>>
>>52072442
It's pretty much the single best unit in the game and the Siege Breaker is hardly a tax so yeah
>>
...And fuck me for choosing LW not SoH. Hope you guys don't make the same mistake. Man, Pearl White is tricky as hell.
>>
>>52072415
I prefer the look Duncan did, grey highlights, Sybarite Green looks a bit too bright.
>>
File: IF achilles alpha.jpg (39KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IF achilles alpha.jpg
39KB, 600x620px
>>52072450
What about pic related?

On a related note, how absolutely retarded is it to use said pic related as a Mortariat + 5-man destroyer squad's ride?
It just feels right even though I know it's dumb as hell
>>
>>52072411
Warhounds, double turbolaser is best, one turbolaser and one plasma is more fun. Gatling and inferno gun arent worth mounting on a titan

Reavers, take your pick, i would take one with maximum D and the other with melee/a vortex missile

Warlord, bring on that belicosa. Sunfury if you feel like being the almight granddaddy of all thanatar, quake cannon if you want to feel like you're reshaping board geography
>>
>>52072329
Horus can't hit the bastard enough to trigger Disabling Strike before Russ chops him up. If he could land a couple wounds reliably then he'd start doing exponentially more damage, hitting on 5s after a few. Thing is, that'll take long enough that Russ can just drown him in wounds.

>>52072411

What's that, about 8 thousand points of Titan?

If you're looking for optimal boring dakka loadout, then double turbolaser on the Warhounds, maximum D blasters on the Reavers and Bellicosa and Sinistramanus Tenebrae on the Warlord.

Probably be much better off magentizing all the weapons, since you're not exactly going to buy a new Titan when you want to try the Plasma Destroyer out. Assuming you're taking three Titans in Leviathan FoC, probably also throw in a full allied detachment of Titan Guard and artillery, because you need someone to sweep up all the chaff not worth a D blast. Then cry when Mechanicum shows up with a billion AV14 flare shielded Triaros that you glance on a 6, but that's the hazard.
>>
>>52072469
See here >>52072373, it's expensive and probably won't earn these points back plus not being an assault transport the destroyers and moritat will probably get hot to shit.
>>
>>52072469
Where the hell are the doors on that thing anyway?
>>
File: memecanicum.png (694KB, 581x532px) Image search: [Google]
memecanicum.png
694KB, 581x532px
2280 Cybernetica, not sure what I want to add to this list, maybe some domitars?

HQ

Archmagos Dominus - Abeyant, Cyber-familiar, Machinator Array, Mastercrafted Power Axe, Irad-cleanser

Ordinator Magos Prime - Conversion Beamer

+ Elites +

3x Myrmidon Secutors - 6x Irad-cleanser
Triaros Armoured Conveyor - Blessed Autosimulacra

Troops

2x ·Castellax Class Battle-Automata - 2x Darkfire Cannons

10x Secutarii Hoplite Phalanx
Triaros Armoured Conveyor - Blessed Autosimulacra

3x Thallax
3x Thallax

Fast Attack

3x Vorax Class Battle-automata - Bio-corrosive ammunition

Vultarax Stratos-automata - Blessed Autosimulacra

Heavy Support

Thanatar Class Siege-automata - Enhanced Targeting Array, Paragon of Metal

Magos Prime joins the Castellax Archmagos joins the Myrmidons to power axe things to death
>>
>>52072538
Behind the sponsons.
>>
>>52072488
What if I put Castrmen Orth on it and a Techboy in it?
I get this is primarch-costed loadout but seems damn durable and able to slog through anything, be it by shooting or ramming.
>>
>>52072550
That actually sounds pretty good, load it up with techmarines to boost repair roles.
>>
>>52072565
It's what I want as a centrepiece, the only issue with it I see is a lack of high-value targets.
>>
>>52072571
There will always be something for it to shoot at.
>>
>>52072550
No, this is not good. durablity is notits problem, at the end of the day 4 str 8 ap 4 (or even the small blasts for that matter) and 2 TL MM is NOT a god damage output, and you will stuggle to make your points back. double so if you dedicate MORE points to this fucking thing.
>>
>>52068828
I think reavers might not be as fluffy. But someone correct me if I am wrong: justerain have always been black.

>>52071394
My critique would be to saw off that bolter and use an older pattern.
>>
>>52072546
>Cybernetica can't take Secutarii, only normal taghmata and Reductor can.
>Needs another unit of Castellax to fulfill compulsory troops
>Magos Ordinator cannot join the Castellax as he doesn't have Patris Cybernetica
>>
What model would you guys use to represent Siege Breaker? Other consuls are pretty obvious, but this one I struggle to grasp.
>>
>>52072546
> Secutors - 6x Irad-cleanser
the fuck is wrong with you? irradiation engines ae so much better
>>
File: did somebody say boom.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
did somebody say boom.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>52072628
>>
>>52072628
MK3 armour, Thunder hammer, nuncio vox backpack, MK3 techmarine arms.

Just some solid looking guy while adhering to WYSIWYG.
>>
>>52072550
But then you'd be missing out on putting Orth in a sicaran venator, one of the great combos in the game. Remember, you can always have Orth board the achilles after his tank gets blown up.
>>
>>52072628
Use the master of sigles
>>
>>52072645
>battlefield footage of Orth frantically running from tank to tank as they all get blown up, finally he is left driving around in a weapon destroyed rhino ramming whatever he can
>>
>>52072645
Can Orth pilot Titans?
>>
File: unnamed (2).png (108KB, 291x504px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (2).png
108KB, 291x504px
>>52068257
Either one of the two I identify with:
The IW because bitter duty and overly analytical bloody sieges or
The DG because fuck the witches and fuck the xenos. Besides, scars are a badass honour badge. And perhaps I'll be deployed alongside the Silent Cuties
Or Reductor, but as a Magos only. Thallax can't wake up inside.
>>
>>52072598
4 S8 Sunder Tank Hunters at BS5 should down anything bar LR and upwards,
while 2 S8 AP1 Tank Hunters (with Melta up to 12") BS5 re-rollable aid with that.
The only way this couldn't earn its cost back is against massed Tac squads in Rhinos.
>>
>>52068197
BoP painting guide is dead link.
>>
>>52068257
If I can include Mechanicum, probably a Genetor Magos Auxilia because biology is cool, and I get to chill on epic ships and live pretty much forever unless someone kills me.

If Legions, pre-heresy 1kSons. Books, mind bullets and a really comfy city. Screw you, savages.
>>
>>52068517
>And I'm not even sure what "Complex Manouvre and Discursive Tactical Planning" is supposed to mean
Remember they measured the time they would hold each position, planned where the fall back points would be and at what angle they'd shoot. And their RoW is reliable Outflank at the planned turn.
That's what complex maneuver and tactical planning mean.
Compare it to the MEATGRINDER legions that simply go forward. Even Khârn says it: "there's no complex strategy or secret of war that saves my enemies. I simply go and kill them"
>>
Can anyone guess what armor mark Skorr is wearing? Armor autism intensified yet again, before deciding between Skorr and Narik.
>>
>>52072368
With the greatest of respect to any perfectly nice elegant gentlemen who like them, away to FUCK with Space Wolves. God Bless.
>>
>>52072719
Sunder and Tank Hunters do the same thing though.
>>
>>52072767
You're right. Fuck.
>>
>>52072754
MkIV? I'm going by memory. His mask is artificer made, and in fact first drawn by Blanche.
>>
>>52072754
Looks like artificer mark 4
>>
>>52072743
>live pretty much forever unless someone kills me.
I thought this was all Magi
Dammit I really need to read about BELISARIUS now. I mean 10k years? He must have underwent stasis like a dreadnought. I thought their limit was ~700 years
>>
Ok, I bought Skorr. Hopefully I can take AL symbols off without much damage.

...What the hell is that thing on his chest plate anyway?
>>
So using galvanic casters (without switching out to rad carbines) on peltasts, statistically speaking are you better off firing the S2 shred rounds or the hammershot rounds against custodes (assuming preferred enemy from an Axiarch and BS5)? I've tried working it out and the shred rounds seem to come out on top due to number of saves forced.
>>
>>52072786
It is still a potent buff for the sponson weapons, if that helps.
>>
>>52072639
Unless 30k has brought the rule back, WYSIWYG is not longer an actual rule. I think they dropped it from the 40k rulebook way back in 6th edition (may have been 5th).

Nothing in the way of a gentleman's agreement to use WYSIWYG, however.
>>
>>52072861
Yeah, all Magi live basically forever, it's really not a problem when you can essentially switch bodies at will. Cawl was probably an Auxilia during the Heresy, but I doubt he went into stasis, he has work to do. They just stick new bits on as they break, and Genetors can do that while still mostly looking like normal men.

>>52072861

Flechette rounds are way better, even if they can't hurt Jetbikes. They cause slightly more than one twice the damage. I think they'd outdamage the rad carbines, actually.
>>
>>52072909
I meant that personally rather than a rule for others. I like my HQs to be as WYSIWYG as possible.
>>
>>52072909
>WYSIWYG is not longer an actual rule
That was only a tournament rule, anon, not a corebook rule.
>>
Rate the rough outline of my Talons/Salamnder 2.5k force

Shield Captain
Achillus
5x Custodians w/Coronus
5x Sentinels w/ Transponders
Agamatus w/ Corvaes
Caladius

then
Centurion, no frills
Minimum Tactical Squad
Scorpius
2x Lascannon Box Dreads
>>
>>52073005
>Centurion, no frills
>Minimum Tactical Squad
This is how I can tell that you're a dick.
>>
>>52073005
Is there something particular that Salamanders can fill which Goldies cannot? I'm curious.
>>
File: 5e rulebook.png (107KB, 423x224px) Image search: [Google]
5e rulebook.png
107KB, 423x224px
>>52072956
>>
>>52073005
>Salamanders allied det with minimum requirements only to bring lascannons and Scorpius

smells like waac to me.
>>
When the crews have Relentless rule, can Rapier move and shoot?
>>
File: LUPERCAL.png (55KB, 676x974px) Image search: [Google]
LUPERCAL.png
55KB, 676x974px
Okay, new SoH player. In my attempts to build my army out of plastic, I've come up with this.

It's garbage, isn't it? Using the Long March RoW.
>>
>>52073134
Read the actual rule books rather than just using battlescribe, you would see that HH games are 1750 points minimum and that you need a master of the legion to use a rite of war.
>>
>>52073063

Not really, I just wanted to pick something that would be really different to paint from my main (Ultras)

>>52073030
>>52073094
Salamanders Detachment

Centurion - 80 points
Artificer Armour
Refractor Field
Heavy Chainsword

Tactical Squad - 135pts
Nuncio Vox

Scorpius - 120pts
Twin Linked Bolter

Dreadnought Talon - 300pts
Deadnought
TL Lascannon
Dreadnought
TL Lascannon

I'm mostly including the detachment because I can't finish 2.5k before the Tournament when some of their models aren't out yet
>>
>>52073169
>HH games are 1750 points minimum
That's recommended, not required.
>>
>>52072920
Yeh that ties up with my thinking, thanks anon
>>
>>52073169
>>52073231
literally everyone will recommend 2500
>>
Custodes Dread get no transport or deepstrike, so all footslogging? Does this make them a bit shit?
Grav transport isn't assault, so no charging from disembark?
>>
>>52073528
> Valdor
>>
>>52073517
Nonsense. You see plenty of people recommending smaller games. Some people like 2500 because it's hard to fit a shitkicker character + terminators + spartan into lower points levels, so recommend that points level to others.
>>
>>52073545
Well, it's not clear whether the WT applies to units w/ Legio Custodes rule or units w/ Legio Custodes on their name.
>>
Why the hell does Valdor have Fearless AND Immunity to Fear again?
>>
>>52071188
Where was this about the lion stoping a coup?
>>
>>52073572
Because being immune to fear isn't the same thing rules wise as being fearless dumbass, read the rulebook maybe?
>>
How many Invictarus in a 2000 points list is a dick move/competitive? I really like the models and running a shit ton of honour guard type units ( I regularly ran 30 Honour Guards with Calgar in 40k), but apparently Suzerian are really good and I don't want to powergame.
>>
>>52072719
So you are paying something in the region of 380 points for
>4 str 8 bs 5 sunder shots
and
>2 str 8 TW ap 1 shots with melta
i am not saying that this tank wont rek face, but it can only rek once face per turn, and i think you are better off buying what, 5 quad morters, 4 if you have phosphex, which can shoot 16 str 8 shots, and can rain phosphex for days
>>
>>52073717
Run ten, or nine with a character, and see how you go. If you regularly stomp face then dont get too many more. I also like the idea of them, but frankly that axe of theirs is bullshit
T. Phalanx Warder
>>
>>52073172
At least pretend to not be a faggot
>drop done dread
>buy second tac squad
>make your centurion a consol (eg vigilato or chaplain)
there, now you even have more bodies to solve the custodes main problem
>>
>>52073605
... but Fear already does nothing against anything that is Fearless...

This is just another FW fuckup like Recon squqds that have Scout and Outflank. I swear, whoever writes rules at FW never read the current rulebook.
>>
>>52073528
>7 str 10/D at I/ws 6
this alone makes them not shit
>>
File: Land_Raiders.jpg (126KB, 640x411px) Image search: [Google]
Land_Raiders.jpg
126KB, 640x411px
>>52073817
415pts for Achilles Alpha with Orth and a Techmarine. It also has Machine Spirit.
I'm puzzled by LR Achiles' Ferromantic Invulnerability vs. Alpha's Enhanced Ferromantic Rites.
pic related
I'll try to work it out.
>>
>>52073929
Enhanced rites gets the -1 to vehicle damage, plus the sponsons are different
>>
>>52073981
>>52073929
They are both the same thing, he alpha just has some extra gumf for no reason.

the sponsons on the achilles-not-alpha are also more suited to tank busting. its actually inda weird
>>
>>52073817
>>52073929
So to sum it up:
>Land Raider Achilles - 275pts
>Dozer Blade - 5pts
>Extra Armour - 5pts
>Armoured Ceramite - 20pts
>pintle Multi-melta - 15pts
Total: 320pts for a Quad launcher, 2 sponson TL-MM, 1 pintle MM with Machine Spirit.
Ferromantic Invul. seems to notch off any roll regardless of AP so it beats rites while Dozer blade is equivalent to Galvanic drive, so LRA is a better choice (for anti-tank).
Add Orth and a Techbro for 435pts total. It's ridiculously high cost, but nothing barring Venators and Lords of War will kill it if used properly.

>>52073981
Yeah LRAA is more anti-infantry focused.
>>
>>52073545
Dreads don't have the lego cstards rule
>>
>>52074009
>Ferromantic Invul. seems to notch off any roll regardless of AP so it beats rites
re-read the exact wording one rites
>note that this reduction is applied to any AP value that would first add to this roll rathere than the final result WHERE THIS IS APPROPRIATE
IE FW dont understand how maths works, and rites and invunrablity are the same damn thing
>>
>>52074009
I mean sure, if you want a giant brick of not die and are cool with it not making its point back, the LRA is the way to go, so do it man.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 500x418px
>>52068257
>>52068274
World Eaters. Would be happily deployed in any active warzone.
>>
>>52073869
He is immune to fear from the Inviolable Psyche rule which is part of the Legio Custodes rule which Valdor obviously has, so being a Custodes means he is immune to fear.

Since Valdor is extra badass he has fearless which means that, in addition to passing fear tests, he auto-passes pinning, morale and regroup checks too.

So yes, being immune to fear is useless if you are already fearless but Valdor has the Legio Custodes rules already so you can't remove the 'immune to fear' section of this.
>>
File: DG25.jpg (427KB, 980x1074px) Image search: [Google]
DG25.jpg
427KB, 980x1074px
>>52072205
Death Guard
>>
>>52074088
It's exactly the same effect up until that note in the AA's rule, which negatively modifies only the modifier.

>>52074099
I will as soon as I start expanding, it's too cool to pass. I'm still hopeful it can make its points back, if not by virtue of kills it makes, then the points sunk into Ceramite and counters for it.
>>
Does anyone know the page count of the Son of Horus in Inferno ( not the Luna Wolf in transition, the black, gold, and green guy)
>>
>>52074551
>>
>>52072842

It'll be a challenge but possible.

He's got a lot of snakes
>>
>>52074288
But the 'where applicable' bit is only talking about the case of having an AP, hence the 'Note' at the start of the sentence. Its badly written, but thats what it ends up meaning
>>
File: SoH Delegatus 01.jpg (169KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
SoH Delegatus 01.jpg
169KB, 1600x1067px
>>52072842
>...What the hell is that thing on his chest plate anyway?
three skulls with a bunch of snakes twining through them

nothing really AL specific, though
>>
Outside of cybernetica lists are Castellax even worth taking anymore? Given the amount of sniper vets out there and that they are no longer scoring units
>>
>>52074945
They are T7 3W MC with a str 6 ap3 gun, in a game with ots of MEQ
so yes, they can be, though i am not sold on the TS varient
>>
>>52071352
After this week I'll have 20 of my 40 tactical marines done plus 10 flamer marines and a 10-man veteran squad. Oh and five grave wardens, a boxnaut and a bunch of HQ guys.

I still have to paint 20 tactical marines, 10 autocannon marines, five more grave wardens, 10 tartaros termies, a second boxnaut, two terminators for my command squad, two vindicators and a scorpius.
>>
>>52074945

Castellax are still extremely effective, especially in units of 4

Even with sniper vets they have the wounds and armor to soak a ton of hits
>>
File: 1454539383624.png (4MB, 2558x2034px) Image search: [Google]
1454539383624.png
4MB, 2558x2034px
>>52074914
>>52072842
It's actually a Son of Horus in the artwork.
Don't ask me which book this is from as I haven't got a clue.

>>52074874
>>52074088
Took me a while to realise that the rules are the same in game, never mind, I'm retarded which may or may not be due to a momentary illness.
>>
>>52072325
Not the one from mexico, no.
Relatively new to 30k, but after the local community got a massive boost from an escalation league I finally had the push to really get into it, as well as enough confidence in my modeling skill to do a properly magnetized build for vehicles and infantry
>>
>>52075087
>never mind, I'm retarded
naa, these rules are really awkardly written, i am just too autistic to not notice the exact wording on this kind of thing.
>>
SO - i managed to get my hands on 2 sets of Legion Volkite culverins, now will they fit my Prospero marines?, they are the older versions not the Telrac pattern culverins.
>>
>>52072546
Literally could not be worse, even if it was legal you would be giving away d3 points when your two fuckign Magos in a Cybernetica list get gibbed because you're throwing them into the frontline. And hell, just noticed that only one has a Patris Cybernetica, so when they kill your Warlord they get 1+d3 points and you lose control over half your army
>>
>>52072546
>Ordinator Magos
>no MC photon thruster
?
sort your life out m8
>>
>>52075291
This anon speaks the truth. I feel harsh taking one it's that good at taking care of tanks.
>>
>>52068531
>Night Lords Contemptor.

>$14.00

>Same thing at Forge World.

$42.53

Explain.
>>
>>52070578
>>
>>52075450
Chinaman - recaster, kind of wish I knew how to order from him.
>>
File: IMG_1073.jpg (168KB, 1200x565px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1073.jpg
168KB, 1200x565px
List Time.

Put this together for fun, just to see what the results look like.

XIX Legion, Decapitation Strike RoW, Mechanicum Allies

HQ:
Alvarex Maun, Camo (150)
Forge Lord Consul: Cataphractii, Cortex, Cyber Familiar, Grav Gun, Infravisor, Volkite, Thunder Hammer, Servo-Automata x2 (211)

Elites:
Apothecaries x2: Artificer, Augury (120)
Legion Veteran Tacticals x9: 7x Combi-Flamer, 2x Missile Launcher, Drop Pod, Infravisor [Apoth Attached] (303)
Mor Deythan Strike Squad x7: 5x Combi-flamer, 2x Missile Launcher, Infravisor (240)

Troops:
Tactical Squad: Drop Pod, infravisor (160)
Tactical Squad: Drop Pod, infravisor (160)
Tactical Support Squad, Plasmas, Infravisor, Drop Pod [Apoth Attached] (210)

Fast Attack:
Seekers x8: Infravisor [Maun attached] (245)

Heavy Support:
Deredeo Dreadnought, Aiolos (225)

Mechanicum:
HQ:
Archmagos Prime: Ordinator, Abeyant, Augury, Cortex, Cyber-senpai, Machinator, MC Photon (280)

Elite:
Tech Preist Auxilia, Cortex Controller (80)

Troops:
Adsecularis Covenant (Bare)

Fast Attack:
Vultarax x2, Blessed Autosimulacra (370)

Heavy Support:
Thanatar, Enhanced Targeting (265)
3000/3000 on the nose, left of paragon of metal on the thanatar since the auxilia will be babysitting it and battlesmithing to keep it up.

Servo-automata for the forge lord are simply ablative wounds, and his cortex controller affects mechanicum units because of sworn brothers. Maun and Seekers will be infiltrating to provide that nice drop precision and counter-attack bubble.
>>
am >>52071216 and just saw >>52068531

Okay so Z has Wulfen shields for $2 per set of 5, FUCK paying $15 per 5.
>>
File: 1336372867047.png (146KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
1336372867047.png
146KB, 199x200px
>>52075664
>Cyber-senpai
word replacement at it's finest
>>
>>52075664
>35 point troops tax to unlock 2 vultarax and a thanatar
>oh, and let's take this really powerful archmagos build too lol
Good luck keeping your friends m8, you're gonna need it.
>>
>>52075087
>Don't ask me which book this is from as I haven't got a clue

It's from the Illumination's Artbook that came with the collector's edition of Book 3.
>>
>>52075149
Nope, unless you chop off hands from some other kit and glue them onto your marines.
>>
>>52075450
You do realize that picture is the FW photo and they just took it to use in their catalog? Please tell me you're not that dense.
>>
>>52075726
I play in a meta that can be summed up with "Remove Knight or Typhon or suffer"

I'll be fine.
meta a shit. but at least I get to play, and I can drop some of those choices once other people start getting heads out of asses
>>
>>52068197

The Mega link for the novels went RIP
>>
>>52075812
Fair enough.
I bet that's what the person that jumped into the crab bucket before you said too.
>>
>>52075838
It is kill for some time now, use 40k one.
>>
>>52075878
Probably, but I have something of a solution in making my own zone mortalis board and I'm going to run an escalation league off that.

shitty meta aside, all of the guys that play are good to hang out with, and for the most part armies are fully painted with people pushing eachother to do better and get projects done rather than letting them languish. So it's pretty good when you consider the whole picture.

Part of me is hoping that the list might cause a meta shift on it's own because of the amount of metal box removal, while most of the other lists tend to turtle up in boxes as a counter to the Lords of War in the meta, an option not really viable to me as RG.
>>
File: GW all right.png (324KB, 957x416px) Image search: [Google]
GW all right.png
324KB, 957x416px
I know this isn't Horus Heresy, but it isn't in the 40th millennium and its kind of right after the Heresy, so i figured it would be better to post here than starting a new thread.

I`m okay with buying stuff, books, eBooks and whatnot, but 160 bucks is a lot of money for words. Especially since i wouldn't get the hardcover.

Piratebay, unfortunately, only has up to 8, and simple google isn`t helping. Can anyone help a poor anon?
>>
>>52072371
It's only tricky if you want to recreate the seafoam green in the early books - but the answer there is to not use a GW color (there isn't a good match) and find some other brand. Any range of paints meant for military modeling will have a closer match.

If you want to stick with GW paints, just go with the Warhammer TV (Youtube channel) SoH scheme. It's darker than in the books but still looks good.

Green, blue, purple, and gray are relatively easy to shade and highlight.
>>
Is there any more info (old fluff..) about titan legions from Xana? (Legio Vulturum and Legio Kydianos)
>>
>>52076166
You okay with electronic? If so, it's in the OP links. Look for the "awesome library". It's in there, if you don't mind epubs.
>>
>>52076249
I had a look, actually, because if they had any awesome colour schemes or anything then I wanted to steal them for the Filiketos. Couldn't find a damn thing about the Gore Crows or the Death Cry. Nice that I can make up my scheme if I ever decide I want a Titan, though.
>>
>>52073134
Yeah, read the Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List book for basic list creation, and then the Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Legions (what a mouthful) book for legion-specific stuff. Also referred to as the two red books.

Do you not have the Betrayal at Calth terminators?

Most armies run a fully-loaded Praetor as their first HQ. Sometimes a Delegatus for small armies because they still get to run a rite of war (RoW). Most beginner armies do well with the Pride of the Legion RoW: vets and termies as troops, with a limit on non-infantry units. If you take lots of vet squads, common configurations are bolter guys with Marksman, squads with combi-plasma or -melta (for killing Terminators and tanks, respectively) in transports, or a mix of assault and close combat weapons in an assault vehicle.

In 30k there are only a few ways to run footsloggers without getting blown off the board. Don't do it. SoH like drop pod variants (note that it usually takes a RoW to take normal drop pods; Dreadclaws and Kharybdises take up slots but are common) but Rhinos and Land Raiders are fine too.
>>
>>52076362
Im okay with electronic, in fact, i was hoping for it. The thing is, the >HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
link is dead. Guess i will keep watch for a new link. Thanks anon.
>>
>>52076166
>but 160 bucks is a lot of money for words
$13.33 isn't out of line for an ebook, and if you pirated the first 8 and bought the other 4 at $16/ea, you'd only be paying $5.33 per book.
>>
>>52076533
>The thing is, the >HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore link is dead.
No it isn't, I've literally got it open right now.
>>
>>52076166
Try pricing it out an Amazon, might be cheaper to grab the real books.
>>
File: dead.png (198KB, 1916x963px) Image search: [Google]
dead.png
198KB, 1916x963px
>>52076714
Im retarded.
>>
>>52076792
Weird, I don't get that. Try this:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
>>
>>52076853
I figured what i was doing wrong. Again, im retarded, apologies. Already downloaded this tasty looking series with HUEG ASS ORKS.
Thanks guys.
>>
A question to Salamander players - do you use Pyroclasts as your Troops ? If yes, how do you transport them, do you hijack Rhinos from your Tacticals or do you get them Lander Raiders ?
>>
>>52077110
Have a friend who plays salamanders, and from what I've seen of them they're underwhelming at best, range is too short and too much armored ceramite around for what they cost.
>>
>>52068197
What the fuck, where is that picture from?
>>
File: 1488640343133.jpg (60KB, 577x619px) Image search: [Google]
1488640343133.jpg
60KB, 577x619px
>>52070351
You're clearly not bitter enough
>>
>>52077175
according to google, it's some kid who was waiving a knife and got shot by the police
>>
>>52068531
How does his stuff look? If its that cheap, it must look mediocre or something..
>>
>>52077405
What the fuck, was this in America?
>>
>>52077442
Hug high school shooting. There's some video(s) online. Dude wildly swinging a knife at people. Got shot, don't think he was killed.
>>
>>52077429
depends on the mould. His casts are shit for very thin stuff or things that need to be bent, but thick stuff like tanks and dreads seem to turn out great.

Have a friend who runs several dreadnoughts all Z casts, and you can't tell them apart from the FW ones on the same table after a paintjob
>>
Would it be fluff rape to paint my dark angel termies white?
>>
File: 1482153909360.jpg (647KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1482153909360.jpg
647KB, 1200x1800px
Hello. I'm polishing my army list a little more so I can finally decide if I need to get more resin/plastic crack or not. Looking for general suggestions, as well as what could fluffily fit into the additional heavy supp slot and the third compulsory troop choice. Was thinking a Leviathan for the former and a breacher siege squad for the latter. 'Turbo's gonna be in the extended 3000pts list, along with a Siege Breaker consul.

Iron Warriors 1915 pts
RoW: The Hammer of Olympia

HQ (185pts)
-Praetor (Warsmith in Cataphracti, with Chainfist/Mastercrafted PW)

Elites (390pts)
-x2 Contemptor Mortis (x2 Kheres AssCans, free extra armour, Havoc launchers)

Troops (580pts)
-x2 Tac Squads (20 mehreens, all with CCW/CS, Sgt with artificer and PW)
*Insert Here a third compulsory troop choice because of the RoW*

Heavy Support (760pts)
-Iron Havocs (free autocannons, sgt with Artificer)
-Artillery Squadron [SUBJECT TO CHANGE] (x2 Basilisks w/ free extra-armour)
-Tyrant Siege Termies
*insert Here a fourth compulsory HS choice to make full use of the RoW*

BTW thanks for the help last time.
>>
>>52077627
Some autists would probably tell you yes, or accuse you of just trying to sneak 40k minis in. Ignore those tards, I say go for it, just say that it a company tradition or something.
>>
>>52075812

>remove knight

I could understand remove knight(s) but a singular knight is the least offensive LoW choice I could think of (if you play with atrapos not being able to be a legion LoW)
>>
>>52077661
ye white termies look nice
>>
>>52077627
We won't know for sure until Angelus comes out. Probably. But I guess you can claim that they're a company that would later become the Angels of Absolution. Try to do a light gray rather than bone, just to keep it a little different from 40k Deathwing.
>>
>Ultramarines slaughtered TS 9th fellowship in their tents
>Word Bearers slaughtered Ultramarines in their tents a short while later

P O E T R Y
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
File: carlos.jpg (20KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
20KB, 500x367px
>>52077726
Yeah, given what had happened before the ultramarines really should have spotted the word bearers' intent.
>>
Anyone ever used the Victory is Vengeance campaign rules from Book 3? I like the idea of 30k Kill Team, and since my Mechanicum will take a while to build to full size it would be ideal, especially since the local GW only has 4x4 boards.
Feels like it wasn't exactly designed for Mechanicum, but the new Secutarii work just fine.
>>
>>52077627
>Deathwing armour originally retained the black and white colour scheme of the Dark Angels Legion, but according to Chapter legend, a group of Terminators under Captain Ezekiel (birth name Cloud Runner, no relation to the Chief Librarian) returned to the Dark Angels ancient recruiting world of Plains World to find that the planet had been overrun by genestealers. Rather than subject the planet to Exterminatus, at the urging of Librarian Lucian (real name Two Heads Talking), the Terminators, all natives of Plains World, decided to fight off the genestealers and save the native humans. They proceeded to undergo Plains World's death ritual, where warriors would paint themselves in ashes, but since they didn't have that, they repainted their armour white. Succeeding at the cost of everybody but Captain Ezekiel, the Dark Angels later returned and reclaimed the Terminator, which would be kept white as a remembrance of the Terminators sacrifice.
>>
>>52077726
ultramarines and word bearers need to stop pitching tents near each other
>>
File: 1470905100125.jpg (630KB, 888x693px) Image search: [Google]
1470905100125.jpg
630KB, 888x693px
>>52077726
>>
Does Inferno say anything about the fate of the Thousand Sons who were sent away from Prospero?
>>
Eaters have this rite of war, berserker assault. Says you can only take one consul as a hq choice. This means that Kharn, The berserker, can't be a part of berserker assault?
>>
>>52077897
The entire point of some of them being sent way is to have their fate be open ended enough that you can have 'your dudes' so no, not really.
>>
>>52077897
>>52077915

It says some got slaughtered or left to die, but over 30k TS were off world at the time of Prospero so literally anything could happen. You could even argue that the Ultramarines who "slaughtered" the TS lied and covered it up for honor's sake, smuggling the TS as Ultramarines back to Calth where they were forced to use their psyker powers to defend against the Word Bearers.

Let imagination run wild, its probably going to be better than that BL junk anyway.
>>
File: morty.png (345KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
morty.png
345KB, 500x500px
>>52075056
>>
>>52077980
it wasn't 30k dude, just a 'several thousand' according to the war disposition section.
>>
>>52078110

That was just an example. 2k dudes is pretty significant, though - especially considering how powerful even a couple hundred TS psykers are.
>>
>>52073134
First off, you should read the book and see how armybuilding in 30k actually works, not just use battlescribe.

>You need someone with Master of the legion before you can take a rite of war
>Legion champions are terrible, don't bother taking one
>Give your vets special weapons, like melta or plasma or heavy bolters are good too
>dont bother with combis on tac sergeants, give them a fist, artificer armour and meltabombs.

Other than that its a fine basic army, it can't kill tanks for shit, but its definately a decent starting point. First thing you have to do it take a praetor instead of the champ. Next Id get apothecaries for the tacs and something to kill tanks. Then where you go from there is up to you, but youll need to pick a direction or playsttyle.
>>
>>52077897
They became Blood Ravens
>>
>>52078260

I want it to be vague like this. No magical BL book series bullshit, just heavy hints that more than enough TS escaped to justify the idea that Corvidae loyalists got together and figured out that its all Horus' fault and that he needs to go down.
>>
>>52073134
To add to what others are saying (though I disagree with the anon above about a praetor, a delegatus is fine for lower points levels) see if you can wrangle a 2nd assault cannon for the dreadnought, (maybe someone else at your FLGS built their plastic dred as a contemptor-cortus and has one spare, so ask around,) and run it as a contemptor-mortis. You'll probably find that loadout more useful in the long run.
>>
>>52077915
It just sounds like an awfully big number. But yeah, it's cool. Lots of room for Blackshields on both sides.

But what about the flesh change?
>>
>>52077897
Very likely founded the Blood Ravens, but also remember that in the battle of Terra there were thousands of TS so their ships may have been dragged to the planet of sorcery as well.
>>
File: 250[1].jpg (19KB, 250x367px) Image search: [Google]
250[1].jpg
19KB, 250x367px
Legion advice: if I want to play "flamer: the army", should I pick Salamanders or Death Guard ?
>>
>>52078365

This is an easy question. Do you want to be a traitor or a loyalist?
>>
>>52078181
>>52078324

I totally forgot delgatus was a thing, yeh thats a viable option too at low points levels.
>>
>>52078365
DG cos the flamers shred and the wwI trench flamers is more interesting than 'muh firebreathign lizards somehow relevant in spaaace'
>>
>>52078365
>130 deathshroud terminators w/ chem hand flamer
>>
>>52078391
I don't actually know, I'm fine with both (although in case of DG only in the early part of the Heresy when they're actually sympathetic, before the Nurgle rot) and I like the fluff of both.
>>
>>52078349
a few thousand isn't that large in legion terms really, but yeah I imagine flesh change would still be a problem
>>
>>52078365
You just want to use pure loads of flamers? Like just flame templates, its not a theme thing or anything?

Honestly I'm going to go against the grain here and say blackshields. Pariah flamers with torrent on support squads are sick.
>>
File: DG21.png (3MB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
DG21.png
3MB, 1306x980px
>>52078365
Do you want to play a legion that was actually relevant in the heresy?
>>
>>52078400
'muh huffing poison fumes'
>>
>>52078365
You need to ask yourself this: green or red/orange/yellow fire?
>>
>>52078424

10k Astartes survivors is a pretty huge force, considering what Mr. Too Badass for Iron Hands did with his own ragtag fleet. And flesh change only became AIDS-rampant because of all the warp shenanigans on Prospero and because the surviving Prospero TS started living in the Warp itself. If the off worlders restricted or banned psyker use, I'd imagine flesh change wouldn't be much of an issue.
>>
>>52077905
Think for a moment. Delegatus didn't exist when Berserker Assault was created, so a praetor was your only master of the legion, or a Primarch. In order to run this rite the way you seem to think, you'd have to take Angron and a consul without support officer. That's retarded. All that rule means is if you take a consul,you can only take one. So not 2 primus medicae, or a forgelord and a siege breaker or something.
>>
>>52078400
but VULKAN LIVES
>>
>>52078484

Who the hell runs two primus medicae?
>>
>>52078471
well, I'm not sure where you're getting 10k from but the main reason they'd got flesh change under control was due to Magnus right? I imagine for those that didn't join back up with him (probably a small percentage) it could become a problem again.
>>
>>52078528

80-90k total TS, 62k on Prospero at time of purge. 10k guaranteed offworlders after "Order 66" purges seems like a reasonable assessment.
>>
>>52078400
>>52078440
>>52078450
Well, honestly they both sound cool to me.

>>52078410
I'm more into a high number of Tacticals with flamers. When I think Horus Heresy I remember all those pictures or photos of hordes of Space Marines, literal armies, clashing in brutal close combat when Legions numbered in hundred of thousands. That's the main appeal to me.

>>52078438
Well, Salamanders had a cool battle during the Drop Site Massacre.
>>
File: 1488927947494.jpg (551KB, 1112x2164px) Image search: [Google]
1488927947494.jpg
551KB, 1112x2164px
>>
>>52078555
nah, see >>52078110, don't forget lots of offworlders were purged too
>>
>>52078608

>don't forget lots of offworlders were purged too

Nowhere near enough documented cases to claim the majority of them were eliminated. 2300 confirmed ded, 5000 confirmed gone rogue. That leaves another 5k-15k unaccounted for. Even if you were to estimate that 75% were successfully eliminated, that leaves 2-3k more TS for maybe an average of 8k off world TS as of Istvaan V. Plenty of room to fluff up some snowflake loyalist/traitor TS who affected the Horus Heresy in some way.
>>
>>52078587
there's less Salamander players, and they can have stormshields which might be relevant if you need to close to flamer range.
>>
>>52078587
Tacticals can't have any special or heavy weapons, though.
>>
>>52077666
Acherons; ignoring cover hellstorm templates.

It really is suffering being a mostly dudes legion in the face of typhon/acheron/glaive/malcador infernus.
>>
>>52078699

Fight FW toys with more FW toys.
>>
>>52078661
yeah, it looks like they've left things mostly vague to allow for that.

although interestingly Inferno gives the 'official' estimate of survivors from Prospero itself of being about 1,000. Chaos really loves its symbolism.
>>
>>52078668
I guess I could go for TH/SS terminators.

>>52078669
Well, I would fill up the two mandatory slots and then add Tactical Support squads with flamers.
>>
>>52078661
>>52078750

And theres also the idea that Astartes vs Astartes was a super huge taboo that bothered every single Legion. So I don't buy the idea of Astartes jumping the TS. I can buy IF leaving TS to die begrudgingly or Solar Auxilia jumping TS, but no honorable or prideful Astartes would bitch about Space Wolves jumping other Legions and then proceed to do exactly that.

And the scribes wonder how 10k TS magically showed up for the Siege of Terra. Guess what, most of them got there the old fashioned way.
>>
>>52078754
what mk marines do you have or haven't you purchased any? I'd say MkIII armour looks better and makes most sense for DG and MkIV looks good for Salamanders but that's mostly aesthetic, only slightly fluffy.
>>
>>52078727
Which is why vultarax since they fit the fluff I've got going more than anything else. The multirole nature helps a lot with restricted HS too
>>
>>52078587
Salamanders fought Death Guard right before the Dropsite Massacre happend.
>>
>>52078893
didn't realise havoc missile pods originated with the heresy era, but it makes sense.
>>
>>52078820
Probably what most newcomers have, the Betrayal at Calth box. Will probably get Burning too.
>>
>>52078961
Dreads have been taking havok lauchers since the begining you silly face
>>
>>52079298
And rhinos etc. can have them too, not that anyone every does.
>>
>>52075450
Chinaman is paying for materials and casting, whereas FW have to pay for the designers, mass-production, advertising, a legal team, accountants, and lots of other little things.

They could sell it for closer to ~$35 and get away with it though.
>>
>>52077782
>Rather than subject the planet to Exterminatus, at the urging of Librarian Lucian (real name Two Heads Talking), the Terminators, all natives of Plains World, decided to fight off the genestealers and save the native humans.
Wherever you copy/pasted that from is mistaken. They were urged to attack the city by Weasel Fierce. Two Heads Talking was too busy infiltrating the Stealer's stronghold and killing Uncle Toms to take part in the discussion.
>>
>>52077980
>UMs lie about killing TS and hide them
>Not long after blowing up Monarchia because 'Muh orders'
The Codex Astartes was a mistake.
>>
File: ViV logo.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ViV logo.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
I made a Victory is Vengeance list, which I never see talked about despite looking kinda fun. Anyone tried it?

Leaders (137, so 6 extra supply points):

Secutarii Axiarch, MC Power Fist, Archaeotech Pistol (75). Hero, Paragon.

Magos Auxilia, Reductor (40)

Secutarii Hoplite Alpha, (22)

Rank and File (300):

15 Peltasts, Rad carbines (165)

5 Hoplites, (60)

3 Flamer Servo-automata (30)

Tarantula, TL Mauler Cannon, Forward Deployment (40)

Nothing to break through 2+ seems to be the big problem, but I'm hoping Peltasts can irradiate the few termies that will be showing up. Had some trouble deciding where to put the last 65 points, since I had enough Secutarii and didn't have any small vehicles unless I get lucky with getting Abundant personnel and can buy an Arvus, so I took some heavy guns and some charge deterrents. Perhaps a fortification?
>>
People who rage against trips are more autistic than trips.
>>
File: CENTURION 1.1.pdf (307KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
CENTURION 1.1.pdf
307KB, 1x1px
This is apparently catching on - Centurion mode, 1500-2000 pts, mostly infantry and non-Leviathan dreadnoughts, Shadow War missions.
>>
Wild AWG appears. Abandon bread:
>>52079894
>>52079894
>>52079894
>>
>>52079907
yeah, but the third post on that one is also infested.

Just delete everything
>>
>>52079995
see >>52079937
>>
>>52077726
Wait when did that happen?
>>
>>52071998
What's a hoplite?
>>
>>52078699

Sure but they're not torrent hellstorms unlike a certain other cheesy flamethrower super heavy
>>
>>52078434
How bad is the Gets Hot?
Thread posts: 394
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.