[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 472
Thread images: 83

File: 1485910625012.jpg (170KB, 601x499px) Image search: [Google]
1485910625012.jpg
170KB, 601x499px
Blast from the past edition

>previous thread
>>52041961

>The dread Aeldari known as Adarki Duncini
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMGD9QcWBsg [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Remove]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to make the game more fun for everyone (except orks as usual)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>a better list builder if you like using a phone
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (AI, law 2, restrain the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
>>52047025
Do you think it's funny replacing the Duncan videos with gay unrelated trash? Fucking kill yourselves.
>>
Alright /40k/, since guilliman is back we can expect new things to be invented by him and the ad mech in GC 2.0

So what is the number one thing you would want to see for your favorite imperium army? A new tank for IG, mk9 power armour, or spmething really creative, like actually good rough riders?
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 2000pts.jpg (174KB, 900x827px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 2000pts.jpg
174KB, 900x827px
So, this doesn't work, right ? As CSM I can't take an allied detachment of CSM, the fact I pick them as word bearers while the main detachment is night lords doesn't allow me ?
>>
>>52047068
Literally just copy pasted the whole thing from the previous thread, I didn't knew what shitty video was there instead of glorious Duncan.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 2000pts(1).jpg (372KB, 900x1786px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 2000pts(1).jpg
372KB, 900x1786px
>>52047112
Wrong image sorry
>>
File: 4234234.jpg (312KB, 900x1360px) Image search: [Google]
4234234.jpg
312KB, 900x1360px
>>
>>52047094
Does Chaos count? Because I'd like a blastmaster Predator tank please
>>
What sect is the one depicted on all the Tau box art (that's not T'au)? I'm trying to find a style guide for it.
>>
>>52047112
>>52047128

Word bearers and Night lords are more like sub-factions.
>>
Asking about this for myself and my friend.

Has anyone scanned the Gathering Storm books yet?
>>
>>52047112
it buuuuurns!!!!!
>>
>>52047158

Tau'n.
>>
>>52047168
Nevermind found it on the MEGA.

You guys are awesome.
>>
>>52047158
Vior'la.
>>
I'm really tempted to start of a Scions army. Deepstriking dudes in Caracas sounds like a blast.

I do like more variety in my armies though, so I was going to run them with a Castellans detachment. Right now the only things I'm settled on are a command squad with Volley guns, and a Manticore for the missiles. What other Imperial Guard or Scion stuff would be fitting or good for an army like that?
>>
>>52047158
>>52047185
Its Vio'la. They switched to it after some guy in house did a model in the sept and it looked good under camera. Look up dunc's Ghostkeel video for an idea of doing the scheme.
>>
>>52047161
Too bad, adding that 1d6 psychic dice once per game seemed so great, also I love my maulerfiend. Now I have to figure out another way to make it fit.
>>
>>52047158
>>52047198
Also, obligatory OOGA BOOGA TAUFAG REE
>>
File: Army List 1150.png (236KB, 1125x891px) Image search: [Google]
Army List 1150.png
236KB, 1125x891px
Reposting from last thread because Necrons still scare me. He's taking a Monolith, and I know he likes Wraiths, are there any changes I should make? We both agreed to the 2% rule, 6pts over is fine.
>>
>>52047198
>>52047214
Gotcha! Thanks anons!

It looks pretty cool.
>>
>>52043617
>Step 1: Open your codex
>Step 2: Put on a blindfold
>Step 3: Select your units and upgrades randomly
>Step 4: Enjoy a viable Tau list
Did I do it right?
>>
Farsights sword actually ABSORBS the souls of his defeated enemies. I don't think we've seen anything like that in Warhammer before, that's incredible
>>
>>52047250
Tau only live to be like 40 at most. Farsight's been alive for a very long while.
>>
>>52047221
The only non-faggot Tau are the Farsight Enclaves.
>>
File: 01-Nid-Army.jpg (934KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
01-Nid-Army.jpg
934KB, 2000x1500px
What is the best way to build a 1000 pts low model count tyranid army without GS cult? Is it even possible or maybe some factions are destined to be big swarm armies?
>>
File: Vior'la_Fire_Warrior.jpg (17KB, 350x312px) Image search: [Google]
Vior'la_Fire_Warrior.jpg
17KB, 350x312px
>>52047214
Bit different to how they used to paint Vior'la. I prefer the new way with the weathering though.
>>
>>52047250
there's a slaanesh relic that does the same thing, gives back wounds as well

>>52047244
you're crazy, that list gets crushed by damn near everything
>>
File: VSG1.jpg (176KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
VSG1.jpg
176KB, 1200x1600px
>>52047072

Personally I want the open-topped variant, but with an alt build that replaces the transport capacity with a walking Void Shield generator. Roll your maniples up in independent units of two transports shielded by one generator each, or similar, shooting all the way. Make the vehicles themselves fairly flimsy though.
>>
>>52047244
>Random

Obviously not. Still a fair match for Orks though
>>
>>52047272
9 models ok?
>>
>>52047235

Don't be a normie, paint glorious sa'cea sept instead
>>
So, with Gathering Storm and all, what do you want to see from the next Triumvirate boxes, assuming the same big guy, medium guy, small guy arrangement?

>Void Dragon, Silent King, some scrub cryptect
>>
Any eyes / news on new GK character. I care not for Row Boats.(by Cypher could be kool too)
>>
>>52047314
I love memes too, my friend
>>
I'm curious how feasible it would be to so conversions for certain aspect warriors from other Eldar kits in order to get an all plastic force.

Shining spears seems like the easiest, since you just need to find something that can serve as a laser lance.

Fire Dragons could potentially be done with Dire Avenger bodies and Harlequin fusion pistols.

Swooping hawks would need the wings off the Autatlrch, which would get pricey. Also no real substitute for their helmets.
>>
>>52047278
I could go for either or, honestly, but the tips on weathering white is a godsend. Now if only I was taught not to use a pure white before I ruined my Riptide...I'm waiting for the paint to fall off so I can try again.
>>
Got tournament coming up and I can't for the life of me plan a list. Should I do something stupid like infantry Tau?

Imagine glorious lines of dozens of fire warriors with ethereals and some kroot packs advancing forwards. Supported of course by good old fashioned pathfinders.
>>
>>52047356

Dorn, new model of helbrecht and grimaldus, MAKE BT VIABLE FOR GODS SAKES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52047379
>shining spears

silverhelm or dragon princes from AoS high elves, steal their riders or mix bits.

>hawks
just get some scourges and trim down their spikes
>>
>>52047396
If you're doing an infantry based tau list break out the Fireblade and some hammerheads
>>
>>52047357
Supposedly mostly in line with the generic grandmaster, except mastercrafted hammer, mastery 3, AdWill and a unique power. No idea if that's true, though.
>>
>>52047356
>Big

Broadside commander with double Onager gauntlets focused on CC

>Medium/Small

Kroot HQ, bringing Prok back. Also, new Ethereal to replace the spacepope, preferably one who is less of a bitch
>>
>>52047293
I hadn't thought of the second idea, I dig it. It fits the themes both of AdMech keeping all the best tech to themselves and their unusual obsessions with marching across a battlefield. I definitely want their transports on the cheap and disposable side of transport options, rather than pricy and durable. Somewhere around 50 points, depending on if they re-use Crawler (making them really slow transports)?
>>
>>52047357
Nothing yet, AFAIK, unless I missed something in the new WD stuff. Hopefully he doesn't just turn out to be as generic as his model would suggest. Apart from the toilet seat on his armour's collar, he looks like any other high-ranking GK to me.
>>
>>52047356
Abbadon is a must. Demon primarch was mentioned (Mortarion) but not confirmed, and Vect?
>>
>>52047392
Yeah, the white on the Studio Vior'la army almost makes me care about Tau as a faction.

I prefer the higher contrast on the new scheme with the black fatigues too, the old one is just green-grey on darker green-grey.
>>
>>52047463
Yeah, more something to give them a little extra durability than increased speed. Probably allow them to Flat Out, though, or it slightly defeats the point. Would be a shame to ruin the excellent value of Vanguard with an expensive transport if you can just march them under the Void Shield bubbles for the same effect without worrying about the Vehicle Damage Table crippling their shooting.
>>
File: 1464469932862.jpg (163KB, 559x627px) Image search: [Google]
1464469932862.jpg
163KB, 559x627px
>>52047462
>CC broadside commander
>>
>>52047360
It's not a meme, how new are you? That's literally the best possible Tyranid list you can build for the points (or would be if it wasn't illegal, but just replace the Hive Fleet Detachment with a second CAD and you're good).

Were you not aware Tyranids are completely buttfucked right now and CANNOT actually play a good swarm army and MUST do low model count armies to be competitive?
>>
>>52047397
This. I would love a new Grimaldus model.

While I am happy we got something in FoC, it still wasn't all that much and I fear that it will just mark the beginning of another era of neglect for the Templars.
>>
File: 1466523024154.png (1MB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1466523024154.png
1MB, 800x1066px
>>52047356
Big baddie:
Orkimedes in a super pimped Meka-dread (I want a Primork MC but let's be realistic, it's gonna be the walker)

Medium guy: Nazdreg/Wazdakka

Small guy: Old Zogwort/Big Redd
>>
>>52047334
I would, but I'm painting the Space Marines in my Kill Team box as Crimson Fists, and I feel like those are too close in color scheme.
>>
>>52047356
The next Triumvirate is almost guaranteed to be Chaos, but it might be awhile out. Now that the first Gathering Storm trilogy is wrapping up we're probably going to see a bunch of AoS releases for another month and a half before we get back to 40k.
>>
File: 1471216129010.png (74KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
1471216129010.png
74KB, 200x240px
>>52047068
What the fuck are you on about you stupid newfag? Or have you only now noticed?

Follow the links to the previous threads, none of them are Duncan videos.

It's a meme to make fun of all the memelords in this thread spamming 'thin your paints' when really no one gives a fuck about Duncan and just shill his videos despite not watching them.
>>
>>52047612
>when really no one gives a fuck about Duncan
Rude and wrong. A lot of us are genuine fans of Duncan, he's a good guy. The modern GW that actually puts out content for fans is infinitely better than the Kirby era.
>>
File: d4082.jpg (90KB, 617x627px) Image search: [Google]
d4082.jpg
90KB, 617x627px
>>52047612
>no one gives a fuck about Duncan
>>
>>52047612
We should put the links of the videos of the Night lord anon
>>
>>52047612
>no one gives a fuck about Duncan
Fuck you too, you faggot
>>
>>52047357
PM3 Grand Master with At Initiative Hammer that generates one more power (must be from Santic)

240pts
>>
Am I bad for only buying the models for gathering storm and just using rules from the internet?
>>
File: smug-chitoge.png (199KB, 620x347px) Image search: [Google]
smug-chitoge.png
199KB, 620x347px
>>52047638
>>52047639
>>52047640
>>52047656
>we care about Duncan!
>... it just took us 12 threads to realize that his video was being replaced by random weeb shit (because we dont actually watch his videos lol)
>>
>>52047356
Luscious Lucius+Snakeboy Fulgrim+Slaanesh Incarnate

Yarrick+Helbrecht+Dorn or some Xenos Inquisitor in a giant suit.

Ghazkull+Orkymedes+Some giant contraption, like a special Deff Dread that goes teleporting around the battlefield or something.

Be'lakor+Abaddon+Huron Blackheart as a giant pseudo-spawn
>>
>>52047710
>assuming we haven't already watched all his videos and just had no need to rewatch the one in the link
>>
>>52047710
I have been noticing, I just now spoke up about it because I thought someone else would have by now.
>>
>>52047462
Hmm, good idea with Prok
Big guy: recreated Puretide in a fat suit (not gonna happen, I know)
Medium Guy: Anghor Prok on Krootox
Small Guy: Aun'Shi
>>
>>52047710
>implying anyone comes to the /40k/ general threads on 4chan to watch Duncan videos instead of just watching them directly on youtube
>>
>>52047612
>Nobody cares about Duncan
That dude is probably responsible for more new model sales than any other individual. I know I started getting into 40k because I was looking for painting tips for Reaper minis. I was so impressed that it made me want to get some 40k models.

And he's DEFINITELY helped make the average WH player have a better looking army. Or make people give a shit about their brush line.
>>
>>52047661
and the internet goes "that's fucking lame" ... for reasons
>>
>>52047550
Maybe the shielded variants are slowed down to Crawler speed while the transport variant can Run/Flat Out to let you have the choice. Throw on some phosphor weapons for flushing out assholes to shoot and I think it'd be golden. Can't hide from the radstorm, can't run from the radstorm.
>>
>>52047710
Why the fuck would I go to an imageboard with the explicit purpose of watching a video on already on Youtube?
Are you retarded?
>>
>>52047579

Bear in mind that the Triumvirates so far have tended to be at most, one existing character and two original characters. I'm fully expecting the Ork release to be the same; Ghaz is almost a certain shoe-in (ancient model, supplements are all focused on him) but I'd expect the other two to be brand new characters.

I think it'll be all tied in to Armageddon too, for two reasons. Firstly, the Ghaz supplement ends with Orkimedes nearly completing a tellyporta that will let Ghaz travel back to Armageddon instantly. Secondly, the Beast series reveals that Armageddon is actually Ullanor, homeworld of the Beast. Now that might be just a fun little homage, but I seriously doubt it. Ghaz is going to tellyport back to Armageddon and something is going to happen that links in to the planet being Ullanor. Perhaps the vast energies released by the tellyporta's activation cause long dormant Ork technology hidden on the planet to activate. Or Ghaz tellyports back and finds himself deep underground in one of the Beast's old strongholds, and fights a Primeork that had been in stasis, and after beating him, the Primeork swears fealty. Or the vast numbers of Orks on Octavius follow Ghaz through the tellyporta, leading to the number of Orks on Armageddon hitting a critical mass, causing them to begin evolving like they did in the Beast series. Or Ghaz smashes his way into a forgotten chamber on Armageddon and finds the last surviving Brainboy, who secretly built the Primeorks.
>>
Has there been anything related to unstable tech other than plasma (and other gets hot) guns? I would love to see an admech or ork transport that moves crazy fast but the direction is scattered and random
>>
>>52047764
Yeah, that really works. Advance up taking fire on the ablative shields for the first couple turns, then when the shielding is worn down, charge out and blast the two or three targets you have the pick of. Then I suppose your opponent has to choose between shooting the Vanguard in his face or the tanks retreating and regenerating to provide the backline with a bubble later in the game once the Skitarii have left. I imagine the VSG ones would be about 125 points, and the transports what, 60 with a couple of Kataphron Phosphor Blasters?
>>
>>52047819
Eldar was three new
Impquicahnicus was a two new and a old
Muhreen was one new and two old
>>
File: cheese wizard.jpg (545KB, 900x551px) Image search: [Google]
cheese wizard.jpg
545KB, 900x551px
>>52047314
>>52047360
>>52047560

don't forget to add a bio titan for 10 models in 2000 pts
>>
>>52047884
>implying that's cheese
Tyranids are literally incapable of cheese
>>
>>52047912

it can be done its just more linear than everyone else
>>
Is there any point to have Voldus and Cypher if I don't play Grey Knights or Fallen? They have cool models but they'd probably just end up collecting dust while Guilliman and friends fight.
>>
>>52047819
>Ghaz is almost a certain shoe-in (ancient model, supplements are all focused on him)
And as if GW would pass up an opportunity to invalidate his old model by replacing it with a Contemptor-sized one, or at least on a giant swirly vortex of... I dunno, Waaaaagh! energy, maybe, to max out the amount of plastic and inflate the cost. Also, because they apparently can't stop ripping off their own Nagash model.
>>
>>52047710
I noticed, I just didn't care because
A) no new ducan stuff as of late, so who cares
B) I don't go to 4chan to watch youtube.

That still doesn't change your a faggot, and many people do in fact like duncan.
I would wager most people in fact like duncan
>>
>>52047710
>assuming it had not been noted in previous threads.

Good bait animefaggot. You got most of the (you)s against shitposting. Truly doing the greater good's work
>>
>>52047439

Only got one Hammerhead. I could have two Skyrays though. And yes, Fireblade is cool and I luckily have one.

Since it's a tournament I just probably take the usual Stormsurge, Mark'O, Optimized Stealth Cadre. Luckily Riptide wing is banned.
>>
>>52047761
It's underwhelming desu.

It's a PM3 Grand Master with the Liber Daemonica (minus the reroll ones to harness Santic)

Grand Masters were already mehh to begin with. (As no one takes them)

We don't know his Wound count or if he has Eternal Warrior.

But for 5pts more you get Kaldor Dragio who KNOWS Gate, has a 3++, and Eternal Warrior.

Its Valdus is such a split character he's the "greatest Psyker in a chapter of Psykers" but this is represented by generating a 4th power. No bonus to Harnessing.

Sure he's S8 AP at initiative, but Dragio is S6 AP2 and Dreadknights are S10 AP2 and he's less durable than both.

Another issue is he's a Greyfax. Reasonably priced in a Triumvirate of Cheese.

>Although the leak might be wrong
>>
>>52047840
the grot tanks have sorta random movement if i recall, and daemonic weapon is basically the melee version of gets hot
>>
>>52047988
HOW DARE HE BE RESONABLE!
>>
>>52048026
Underpowered isn't reasonable for a special character. Grey Knights are a bottom tier army with Orks and Nids.
>>
>>52047841
That sounds about right to me, Even one VSG tank can be enough to cover a flank if you huddle up nice and close, with a couple of advancing transports and you still have wriggle room for other stuff to go with them. As much as I like the Triaros and other Mechanicum goodies, I want to get transports with the theme of 40k Skitarii in mind.
>>
>>52048044

>force weapons on everything
>psykers on everything

you're thinking of dark eldar
>>
>>52048081
Dark Eldar are slightly above GK, Nids, and Orks.

And for the record I don't play GK, I don't have a bias here. Tournament results don't lie.
>>
>>52048026
Except he doesn't DO anything. He's another Stern or Crowe. Outclassed by everything existing.

>Implying reasonable is correct term.
>A Grand Master, 185; PM3, 25; Master Crafted Hammer, 20; Liber Daemonica, 25
>Build-A-Valdus is 255, so he gets at Initative (and loses reroll 1's for harnessing Santic) for -15pts)

But no one uses Grand Masters because they're overpriced to begin with. Valdus is priced appropriately to an overpriced character.

Granted if Valdus has Eternal Warrior and/or 5W, he'll be golden
>>
>>52047202
Dude that surely must have been a bad roll on the deep strike mishap table... opponent decides placement meant seriously....
>>
>>52048081
>>force weapons on everything
Because melee is so good in this edition, right?

Because instant death that eats up some of your precious few Warp Charges really helps you kill those Imperial Knights, those 1 Wound scatbikes and warp spiders and grav devastators and skitarii vanguard and genestealer acolytes?
>>
>>52048081
Grey Knights are the melee version of Thousand Son, except less durable.

>Except no Magnus
>>
>>52047068
There isn't a Daily Duncan today.
>>
>>52048160
>5W
Dude, don't be insane. 4W would already be impressive.
>>
File: TPMgungansh1.jpg (20KB, 422x195px) Image search: [Google]
TPMgungansh1.jpg
20KB, 422x195px
>>52048046
Yeah, and no matter how fancy those Triaros and Macrocarids are when you have 20-man FnP 5+ rerollable Vanguard squads to put in them in 30k, we just can't fill them to capacity in 40k and suffer from the lack of fire points for our excellent infantry.

Also, formation: Mechanicus Void Shield Phalanx:

2-4 Karos Crawler transports (11/10/10, Open-topped, transports 11 no Bulky or higher, two Phosphor Blasters, 60pts)
Must be transporting Vanguard or Ranger squads of 10.

1-3 Void Crawler tanks (125, same chassis but no Open-Topped, no guns and a VSG with two layers, +1 for 15ppm.

Karos must start within 6" of the Voidcrawlers, and the Voids regen on a 4+ when within 6" of one or more Karos, although they can wander off separately

Yey for random ideas, this would probably be a Core in the hypothetical Admech decurion. Allows you to run your army in discrete maniples, which are about 480 points base and are about right for a small army, too. Command section of Magos Dominus/Cawl with Breachers or hypothetical heavy CC unit bodyguard in a Macrocarid might be fun, too.

Annoying thing is I'm now picturing this, but with Skitarii vs. Crons.
>>
- black legion in macragge without abaddon and fails. Enraged Abaddon call kairos and Skarbrand for a second try in another place.
- magnus, abaddon, fulgrim, mortarion and slaneesh named in dark revelations fluff of the book.
- Magnus, kairos, skarbrand, forces of tzeentch and other chaos legions ambushes guilliman in some places in is run to terra.
-big confrontation in luna, guilliman, ynnari, gk, fallens and a force from terra (custodes and SoS) vs Mangus and tzeentch forces.
- In terra, cypher lays bare its real intentions. Guilliman have a plan after visit the golden throne.

Transmissions reports:
- blood angels under a massive tiranid attack
- white scars lost a planet.
>>
>>52048257
I might just be stupid and remembering wrong, but hasn't ALL the Triumvirate characters have had 5Ws?

I know Celestine, Cawl, and Yncarnate have 5. Thought it was a general trend they were going.
>>
>>52048204
I'd say they're more durable.

It's easy as fuck to force shitloads of saves on rubrics who only have a 3+ but not as much so on termies.
>>
Whats the best space marine centric book?
>>
Since chaos daemons took like all the top spots at LVO, are they gay now?
>>
>>52048320
Depends on the chapter.
>>
So simply from a fluff perspective, is there any doubt at all Row-booty is a Primarch?

They have that whole "can't look at them without wanting to bow" aura going on don't they?

Does he have absolute authority over the Imperium now? Will we have our first sighting of the Emperor going on?

Will the Custodes refuse him entry to the Golden Throne?
>>
>>52048270
Where did you get this info?
>>
File: 1365297629930.jpg (58KB, 380x357px) Image search: [Google]
1365297629930.jpg
58KB, 380x357px
>>52048270
>and slaneesh

>mfw (s)he actually gets a model
>>
>>52048326
Demons has been consistently leaps and bounds better than every other codex other than Eldar for a very, VERY long while now.

So to answer your question, fuck Tau.
>>
>>52048317
5++ max vs AP2 and no invulnerable saves on the 21+pt PA GKs.

>2+ just means grav rapes them that much harder
>>
>>52048335
regardless of chapter
>>
>>52048160
He basically combines the fairly substantial statline and the gear of a Grandmaster with the psy-powers of a Librarian and gets a *at Initiative* daemonhammer on top of that.
That's far from useless. It's probably the best melee fighter we'll ever get after Draigo. The price is an issue though that's not news for GK.
>>
are the commander HQ choices from FW any good? I was thinking of picking one up to be different. I know there is shas'o'myr and r'alai. one is 135 and the latter is 190 points. what do you guys think of them? any experiences?
>>
>>52048352
Damn right
Fuck Tau
>>
>>52047942
No one?
>>
>>52048320
Probably one of the Word Bearer books.
>>
>>52048320
Storm of Iron and Helsreach are great.
>>
Is there any point in taking Shield Drones in the Kill Team basic box set? Or should it just be Gun Drones?
>>
>>52048352
>>52048397
kill yourselves faggots
>>
File: 1454389239138.gif (1MB, 417x242px) Image search: [Google]
1454389239138.gif
1MB, 417x242px
>>52048270
>. Enraged Abaddon call kairos and Skarbrand for a second try in another place
Armless failure can't fight Big Blue by himself, he can only fight winged women and ratlings.
>>
>>52048258
I like it, and would happily run that if it was a real thing. I've not got a real mechanised army, and love the idea of one that's highly mobile as opposed to a parking lot. This theoretical phalanx also lets you dictate where the fight's gonna be, since wherever the Voidcrawler walks, infantry and fire is going to go with it. Even if the enemy focus it down, they now have to worry about the Karos skittering out from under it ready to unload a pile of angry, Assaulting Vanguard from it. Bolt on some Ironstrider formations, some crab tanks, a Dominus in their party wagon and maybe a knight and that sounds like a fun party to me. Maybe not for the hereteks though. I've got an image in my head of the Voidcralwer being a half-walker, half-grav thing to compensate for the sheer bulk of the generator on its back, like a land-based nautilus or crab.
>>
>>52048380
O'Ra'Lai is fun and versatile, but not particularly effective for the points in the current meta. Rymr and his experimental crisis wargear is a little overpriced for not much worth it.

Both are expected to be updated this year, though.
>>
>>52048426
There's very rarely a reason to take shield drones at all. Cover saves will often serve just as well as an invuln, and when they don't you'll usually get the armor save anyway.

Better to have another markerlight or at least extra guns for your ablative wounds
>>
File: Mechanicum-A5-thumb.jpg (127KB, 600x846px) Image search: [Google]
Mechanicum-A5-thumb.jpg
127KB, 600x846px
¿I was thinking about reading this HH book, is it good?
>>
>>52048326
Lots of people dislike them, they're gaining a reputation on par with Eldar.

Normal lists aren't completely awful but the fluff on Tzeentch monster mash lists are some next level cancer.
>>
>>52048353
Depends on what you're fighting.
Greyknights are better vs scat spam.
>>
>>52047942
Counts As Sarges/CMs etc
>>
>>52048290
Yes, that's nonsense. The big dudes have 5W, but none of the scrubs have it. Gayfax, Yvraine, the Visarch and, assuming the rumor about his profile remaining the same from the dataslate, Cypher all have 3W.
>>
>>52048474
Graham McNeill can't write for shit.

His Priests of Mars series is the most suicide inducing sack of crap I've ever had the misfortune to thumb through.
>>
File: aa3.jpg (540KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aa3.jpg
540KB, 1920x1080px
>>52048339
bell of lost soult review of this book (youtube), lots of spoiler in text ;)
>>
>>52048270
>- white scars lost a planet.
For fuck's sake Magnus, I know you're dweeb, but why the fuck would you assault Sol on your own?
>>
>>52048451
Yeah, that was pretty much my idea. Formation bonus is deliberately meh, since the idea is you run a couple to get your solid infantry core down, then add Cult Mech stuff and the other Skittles at will. Eyeballing a similar HH army ATM, with Titan Guard in Triaros as the troops and everything else largely mechanized. Apart from the fuckheug 2ft long Stormbird whale-airship thing that's on the drawing board at present, or at least it will be once I find myself a good base model. Mechancius is wonderfully crazy.
>>
>>52048505
>Graham McNeill can't write for shit.

Well, I liked Thousand Sons at least.
>>
Trying to sort out a load out for a Chosen squad. Would I be better off with something cheap like Combi-bolters, or going for Marks of Khorne and loading up on Power Mauls?

Plan on running them with Black Legion, so they will be troops.
>>
File: aza1.jpg (114KB, 429x1077px) Image search: [Google]
aza1.jpg
114KB, 429x1077px
>>52048512
If you pause the video at certain points you see more texts
>>
>>52047912
For a moment I thought you were talking about literal cheese and I wondered if Tyranids could produce dairy products.
>>
Have rules for Fallen been leaked yet?
>>
>>52048026
He is fucking 240, he should be 160 at most.
>>
HAHAHAHAH

>Abaddon unsurprisingly dies. What is interesting is he is felled by a couple of guard using an autocannon. He does wreak havoc beforehand and is weakened (from an unlikely quarter, Cypher) during a pitched battle, they don’t just pick him off with a lucky shot.
>>
>>52048581
No but apparently its just the same as the Fallen dataslate but with DA Veterans instead of Chosen, so Fallen are DA Veterans with Infiltrate if that does turn out to be true.
>>
File: aswa.jpg (116KB, 489x1077px) Image search: [Google]
aswa.jpg
116KB, 489x1077px
>>52048559
>>
>>52048602
>abaddon gets punked by autocannon spam
good to see the fluff matches the tabletop for once
>>
File: The_Courage_of_Man.png (257KB, 1258x678px) Image search: [Google]
The_Courage_of_Man.png
257KB, 1258x678px
>>52048602
Oh please be true
>>
>>52048602
Chaos utterly btfo
>>
File: asawa5.jpg (564KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
asawa5.jpg
564KB, 1920x1080px
>>52048616
>>
>>52048650
more
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/03/40k-rise-primarch-teaser-tour.html

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skPWuWirh3Y
>>
>>52048602
>Abaddon the meme is fucking dead
Thank god.
>>
>>52048379
No one needs more melee. If I did I would take a fucking Imperial Knight Gallant for what? 60 more points.

As for psychic he is still stupid lore wise because he isn't that strong tabletopwise.
>>
>>52048546
Ooooh, I've heard you posting about it occasionally here and on /wip/. I really like the whaleship idea you've been pitching, gives me vibes from worlds like Dishonoured. The main conversions I'm thinking about for my army right now is a mechanical naga Dominus and doing something special for the Knight Crusader in my list; the fluff I came up with for my army if that rather than a forge world, they inhabit a massive, ancient worldship from the DAoT; they treat any planetary affair with a blitzkrieg approach, typically bombarding it from orbit before rapidly dropping ship security (the Skitarii) on-world to sweep the land. I want the knight to be suitably unique to fit with some ancient archaeotech relic, thinking maybe about how the Titans of Lucius can teleport.
>>
>>52048491
True that. My meta is mostly Tau and Grav so 2+ doesn't mean much to me.
>>
File: 62316710-e1439464776350.jpg (43KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
62316710-e1439464776350.jpg
43KB, 500x370px
>>52048044
>>
>>52048512
I would have guessed that Angron would be one of the first on the scene.
>>
>>52048602
Source?
>>
>>52048804
Likely bullshit rumour on spikeybits, I just find the idea hilarious.
>>
>>52048290
not, might just be
>>
>>52048818
Aw, too bad is just that.
it's hilarious indeed.
>>
>>52048379
I guess my big gripe is GW lorded him that he'll be a great Psyker... except he really isn't.

And sure he's a cross between a Grand Master and a Librarian, but GMs were never that good at melee vs other faction's melee HQs.

He is tho our 3rd best melee Character
>Dragio->Dreadknight->Valdus
>>
>>52048694
>2 separate links to click bait
Get the fuck out larry, we don't want your shit
>>
>>52048602
abaddon not die in GS3. I do not even fight in macragge, abaddon is in cadia sector and heading towards the eye and does not fight at any point in this book.
>>
>>52048838
nop
>>
>>52048854
>I do not even fight in macragge

Abaddon you armless failure, please leave.
>>
>>52048499
Cool then nvm on that statement. As I said for some reason I thought the entire Eldar Triumvirate were 5W
>>
>>52048760
Thanks, man, that's kind of what I was going for. Dishonoured, Leviathan, a dash of Dune and Bioshock.
That Magos sounds cool as hell, he going to be Cawl?

Re. the Knight, perhaps some more esoteric weaponry? Double Neutron Laser barrel for the battlecannon, or something similar? Possibly some Void Shield generator parts here and there? Knights are quite a busy model. so coming up with stuff to stick on them is hard.

Dropping Skitarii and Knights from orbit sounds awesome, my fleet normally goes in for bombarding the surface with cloned cannon fodder "fast" zombie-things for a while, then sending in the massive ships to make themselves an easy beachhead while everyone else is fighting those for a while. Slower and more methodical than your approach, though, but probably more reliable, we should have a race :). Odd, since mine are basically a slightly higher class of pirates.

Currently looking for a good model for the actual whale, since the one I had my eye on won't ship to the UK from South Carolina apparently. Most of the models I found are a little small for a 50cm+ plane.
>>
File: GuardBlob.jpg (82KB, 900x431px) Image search: [Google]
GuardBlob.jpg
82KB, 900x431px
Is this the easiest way to plug in a guardblob to another Imperial army?
>>
Tau are coming for you IoM. Going to be chopping your balls off too apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyiEaSzpdMk

Huge Tau rumors from a reddit ama. This guy claims to know most of the future 40k lore for the plot advancement.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/5wrfkc/i_have_read_most_of_the_new_fluff_surrounding_the/

"The Tau stuff I paid particular attention to (guess my faction) and I was really happy to see a Kroot mercenary leader being front and centre, leading a cadre of disillusioned Tau. This is big, the first mention of Tau themselves straying front the greater good!!! Despite being psychically null, they find themselves able to communicate with the Chaos forces and play all sides against each other. There is a shadowy figure involved that I think is a corrupt ethereal"

"My thoughts exactly. I'm thinking splinter faction, these guys are far more amoral on the surface, but on the flip side try and recruit guard survivors as mercs. I think the pure greater good tau will be confirmed as dabbling in sterilisation etc"

"Not quite, but there is a significant chunk of it dedicated to Tau expansionism, hoovering up in the wake of the Imperium losing its grip. The Kroot and the Vespid both get a mention (the Kroot quite significantly) which is nice!"

"In essence there is a Kroot mercenary outfit, including some disillusioned Tau, who play off all sides. I'm guessing there will be a new release at some point? Or GW have a surplus of plastic Kroot :)
The vespid get one mention, of an attack on an imperial guard supply company at rest. Its quite impressive stuff, they home in on pheromones released from the guard"
>>
>>52048838
I'm not larry
It seems to you better like this
http://imgur.com/a/MXsze

It is not my intention to give clicks to bols, but it is the source ;)
>>
>>52048512
>The Warp is, in many ways, a mirror of reality. Like a dark and fathomless pool, its surface ripples with the impact of momentous events, or great outbursts of passion and emotion. The resurrection of Row-booty Guilliman sent bow waves rolling outward through the Immaterium, racing tsunamis of turmoil that did not go unnoticed.

>One by one, the champions of the Dark Gods of Chaos became aware of the returned Primarch. Reclining amidst an endless banquet of souls, Fulgrim pouted in displeasure as Daemon imps whispered the news into his ear. The Daemon primarch of the Emperor's Children bestirred himeslf from his velved throne, vowing to the depraved god Slaanesh that this time, he would ensure Guilliman's eternal fall from grace.

>In hidden fanes and crystalline mazes, the greatest Daemons of Tzeentch watched as the weft and weave of fate rippled and changed with the implications of Guilliman's return. Reading their master's will in the shattered facets of the future, each set itself to the task of tainting, tempting or destroying the Ultramarines Primarch in a myriad of subtly varied fashions.

>Deep within the noisome swamps of Nurgle's Garden, a conclave of Great Unclean Ones listened indulgently to the frantic bubbling of messenger flies. They leered in delight, bile and maggots slopping down their festering chins. A Primarch! One untouched and untainted by any of Nurgle's brothers. Their pestilential master would no doubt value such a prize most highly. Perhaps, they chortled mockingly, they might even arrange a final reconciliation between the bitter Mortarion and his brother. Such an opportunity had not presented itself in thousands of years, and the Great Unclean Ones hummed a cheerful ditty as they began to concoct a sickness fit for a demigod.
>>
>>52048983
>Elsewhere in the galaxy, the Mendox Cataclysm was coming to its hideous conclusion. Along a war front that spanned entire star systems, the champions of Khorne burned eighty-eight Imperial worlds at once. Amidst the rising flames of their genoice, champions of Khrone both mortal and daemonic witnessed visions of their furious deity, raging against Guilliman's return. His apoplectic belows rang as thunder through the skies of the dying planets, and Warp storms shuddered into being through vents in reality as though the Blood God was hacking at the stars with his ruinous blade. The servants of the other Dark Gods might try to corrupty Guilliman, to mislead or despoil him. Yet Khorne's servants knew that their master had no patience for such things. Instead, they fell to battle amongst each other, warring for the right to hunt down the reborn Primarch and claim his skull.

>Other dark lords, too, saw the glowing beacon of Guiliman's rebirth from afar and began to marshal their forces accordingly. Forewarned by the prophetic visions of Zaraphistom, Abaddon the Despoiler had fashioned a loose alliance of traitor warbands to strike Guilliman down before his resurrection could occur. It was this that had spurred the sudden, frenzied invasion of Ultramar, but - even with the aid of sizeable force of Black Legionnaires - Abaddon's vassal warlords had failed in their initial gambit. Furious, Abaddon summoned and bound the Lord of Change Kairos Fateweaver, sending him winging his way across the galaxy to gather fresh forces against the Primarch.
>>
>>52048955
That's the same guy who said Abby gets killed by a Guardsman.

Bullshit, Anon.
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 2000pts.jpg (542KB, 900x2368px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 2000pts.jpg
542KB, 900x2368px
>>52047025
Running a king of the hill scenario at my local store with a special rule that everyone on the hill gets Ld10 and stubborn.

Wanted to run this list, what do you guys think?
>>
>>52048505
>tfw just started reading Forges of Mars
so far I've liked it but
>>
>>52049011
>Upon far-flung hell words, Magnus the Red and the Death Lord Mortarion received word of their brother's awakening. Their reactions were as different as fire and ice. Mortarion raged, a cold and virulent storm of anger whirling around him until its echoes in realspace seeded seven new and terrible plagues upon luckless Imperial worlds. Mired amid plans that were nearing fruition, the Daemon Primarch of the Death Guard could not yet act to strike at Guilliman. Instead, as he stared with glowing eyes across the mist-wreathed parade grounds of his Plague Planet, and the mased ranks of Death Guard there assembled, Mortarion vowed that he would render Guilliman and his empire to rot soon enough.

>Magnus by comparison, gave a booming laugh of utter delight. Like a fortune teller who flips their final tarot card and gains sudden insight, the Crimson King saw now before him paths of glorious fate, where before had been a wilderness of confusion, Magnus began to issue orders, his words bursting forth as swarms of crystalline insects. They flitted away to marshal the thrallbands of his once proud Legion, the Thousand Sons. Already, the cyclopean Daemon Primarch had revenged himself upon one hated foe of old, setting the Fenris System alight in the fires of retribution. Now, he saw a change to punish another.

>So the might of the Warp began to gather, coiling and writhing like a serpents' nest. Traitor warbands rode the dark tides of empyrean toward Ultramar, howling with naked bloodlust and swearing vows ot strike Guilliman down in the name of the Ruinous Powers.
>>
>>52048955

Literally all of that sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>52049030
>Swathes of the galaxy were already riven with Warp storms that had spilled through the Cadian Gate with all the ferocity of Old Night, or been unleashed by the shattering of Biel-Tan. Now those tempests spread further, as the Primordial Annihilator turned its full attention upon realspace. Screaming maws burst open between the stars, horrifyingly immense, yawning gulfs ringed by mountainous fangs and coiling, ectoplasmic tentacles. Dozens of worlds were plunged into darkness and terror as time shattered apart around them, and the energies of the Immaterium burst their banks to flood into realspace.

>Within the Warp, wars ended even as fresh ones began. Daemonic legions were pulled away from nightmarish battlefields and hurled through breaches in the veil of reality, charged with hunting down and putting an end to the reborn Primarch. Yet the servants of the Dark Gods are ever opportunists, and believed that this moment of distraction could be used to strike at their respective master's rivals and amongst the Chaos pantheon.

>Mounted upon a cogwork scorpion the size of a city, Khorne's blood legions drove headlong into the winding edges of the Crystal Labyrinth, swarms of flame-belching Tzeentchian Daemons pouring out to meet them like insects defending their kicked hive. At the same time, Slaanesh's cavalcade of hedonism hacked its way into the Gardens of Nurgle, even as the Plague God's infamous Sluggardhost came squirming through the brimstone caverns beneath Khorne's Ironfire Bastion. Soon enough, fresh wars raged throughout the domains of the Chaos Gods, their eternal rivalries stoked by the momentous events, yet still a portion of their attention were focused upon the fate of Row-booty Guilliman, and upon their worshiper's schemes to bring him down.
>>
>>52048954
Sure, but the company command squad is 100% better than the lord commissar (if not as flashy).
>>
>>52049046
>As for the Primarch himself, Guilliman was, as yet, unaware of the daemonic madness that his return had spurred. This was a mercy, for the Lord of Ultramar already had a crushing weight of questions and shock to deal with. Everything Guilliman knew was gone, replaced by the madness amid (something) of a future he had tried so drastically to prevent.
>>
>>52048955
It looks like a wishlist
>>
>>52048834
Mastery 3 for a non-dedicated psyker is fairly substantial still.
If he were, say, ~190 I'd take him in a heartbeat. Let alone if he could roll Biomancy.
>>
>>52047244
>9 victory points
>>
File: 1473657495108.png (137KB, 680x678px) Image search: [Google]
1473657495108.png
137KB, 680x678px
>>52048650
>Guilliman foresees future like Kurze
>>
>>52047710
>>52047612
2 nukes weren't enough...
>>
>>52048914
I was thinking of running the thermal cannon over battlecannon since I'm not running that much haywire in my list (and I just fucking love huge thermal guns), but I might use some left over onager parts on it. Maybe do something with the chimney stacks to make it look like it has a teleporter array on it or something. Maybe redesign some of the armour plating to come up with something more esoteric and unusual

As for the Magos, I'm thinking of making her two models, as the tail base I'm looking at comes in packs of three. One of them coiled up and smaller to fit around the size of a Dominus, and one fully extended to play the part of Cawl. Add big robe, big axe, no pimp cane (I'm sorry I just can't get behind it), and a big hat for the Archmagos-Admiral.
>>
>>52049013
Okay, I'll just play tank company.
>>
>>52048954
That, or you use the Castellan detachment which would mean you have no minimum Guard HQ requirement to take the blob.

You could use a Priest as your second HQ choice for the Castellan detachment. The only issue is if you don't want to take 3 Troop choices of your primary army.
>>
>>52049013
Hope it's not in the next 3 months or so, cause that's the timetable on buying and painting that shit.

And a single tank-shock vehicle can force you off the hill.
>>
>>52048466
Well I'm also seeing that that Markerlights aren't that hot in Kill Team, since everybody is an individual unit. That's a little frustrating since I'm trying to make it so the Kill Team box squads are balanced.
>>
>>52049093
That's what the meltagun is for.
>>
File: aswewsdt.jpg (560KB, 1901x1070px) Image search: [Google]
aswewsdt.jpg
560KB, 1901x1070px
>>52048983
>>52049011
>>52049012
>>52049030
>>52049046
>>52049065
>>
>>52048818
its probably wrong
abbadon is not in the dramatis peronae list that circulates on the rumorsites
>>
>>52048602
Lying on the Internet. Good bait though.
>>
>>52049108
Ah. In that case there's even less reason to take shield drones, since nobody will ever really shoot at them.

In that regard, you should consider a gun drone as a more durable and mobile fire warrior, while a marker drone is more of an upgrade to boost a single model's ballistic skill.

A couple of marker drones might not be amiss, and even with everything being individual it could be used to help guide shots to key targets.
>>
File: asdese.jpg (577KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
asdese.jpg
577KB, 1920x1080px
>>52049156
>>
What anti tank do guard have that isn't a Meltagun? New to guard
>>
>>52049113
The one meltagun?
>>
>>52049099

Sadly, my primary army is Grey Knights, which aren't included in the Castellan.
>>
>>52049150
Hey, I'm >>52049012 and I'm talking about >>52048955
>>
>>52049176
One of the Hellhound variants, lascannons, a couple of the Leman russes
>>
>>52049176
Tanks and artillery. Certain Leman Russ variants have Ordnance or Armourbane.
>>
>>52049193
soz bad clic ;)
>>
File: 1475837796162.jpg (40KB, 274x375px) Image search: [Google]
1475837796162.jpg
40KB, 274x375px
Getting back into 40k recently,I played 5th ed Nids

Are they still shit? and whats the deal with all the rule books now?
>>
>>52049150
do Magnus and Guilliman fight?
or it just sets the battle for next book?
>>
>>52049164
The only time a markerlight would be useful in kill team is if you're loading a lot of points on a single model. Otherwise its not worth the opportunity cost.
>>
>>52049214
Yeah, nids are shit.

If you want a good but still "tyranid" army, Genestealer Cults are available and are great.
>>
>>52049214
>Are they still shit?
More than ever.
>>
>>52049205
>>52049200
Specifically which leman russes? Aren't the leman russes with 1 shot bad? 50% to just do nothing a turn if you miss
>>
>>52049013
>Nothing but lasguns except one meltavet

Gonna be funny when someone drives a tank straight through your trollblob and it scatters and breaks.
>>
>>52048602
>>52048629
>>52048644
>>52048640
>>52048724
>>52048827
>>52048894
Can't wait to see your faces when Abbadon's new mini is released.
>>
>>52049239
Demolisher
>>
>>52049239

You are largely a BS3 army. Come to terms with it.
>>
>>52049221
fight before reaching terra
>>
>>52049276
Tie I assume
>>
Advice for my list, please? It's actually all I've got, but I'm pondering hwere to expand to from here; I want a KNight and Allied Demons and daemon princes and all the big things, but i know I should get enough Dudes first. I was thinking a couple squads of raptors next to bring it up to 2k points, or maybe obliterators or more CSM to make into either Havocs or Chosen.

+++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v2023) (1500pts) +++

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Chaos Space Marines: Codex (2012) v2012) (1500pts) ++

+ Uncategorised +

····Force Options (Supplement options here) [Emperor's Children]

+ HQ (342pts) +

····Chaos Lord (177pts) [Chainfist, Intoxicating Elixer, Lightning Claw, Mark of Slaanesh, Terminator Armour, Veterans of the Long War]

····Sorcerer (165pts) [2x Additional Mastery Level, Bolt Pistol, Force Stave, Mark of Slaanesh, Power Armour, Sigil of corruption, Spell familiar, Veterans of the Long War]

+ Elites (250pts) +

····Chaos Terminators (250pts) [Mark of Slaanesh, Veterans of the Long War]
······Chaos Terminator [Chainfist, Combi-melta]
······Chaos Terminator [Chainfist, Combi-melta]
······Chaos Terminator [Lightning Claw, Lightning Claw]
······Terminator Champion [Lightning Claw, Lightning Claw]
······Terminator with Heavy Weapon [Heavy Flamer, Power Maul]

+ Troops (908pts) +

····Chaos Space Marines (135pts) [4x Chaos Marine with Boltgun, Mark of Slaanesh, Meltagun, Veterans of the Long War] x4
······Aspiring Champion [Boltgun] x4
······Chaos Rhino [Dirge Caster] x4

····Noise Marines (179pts) [Icon of Excess, 4x Noise Marines, Replace Boltgun w/ Blastmaster, 3x Replace Boltgun w/ Sonic Blaster, Veterans of the Long War] x2
······Noise Champion [Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Doom Siren] x2
>>
>>52049221
They fight on the Moon.
>>
>>52049253
I'd love to be a BS3 army.

I almost cum whenever my Flashgitz have sat around for a movement phase and get to shoot at BS3.
>>
>>52049240

Seriously. This is why, if you're running blobguard, you

>always
>always
>ALWAYS
>FUCKING ALWAYS

take a priest to put in it. Fearless is a big fucking deal for IG.
>>
>>52049175
Man, I hope grey knights get a cool/fluffy formation that doesn't require you to run Guilliman. Same for the fallen I guess.
>>
File: aesde.jpg (284KB, 1197x853px) Image search: [Google]
aesde.jpg
284KB, 1197x853px
>>52049276
yes
>>
>>52049284
How the fuck did Magnus get to Luna?! Holy shit.
>>
File: wqertgfbseytrfg.png (779KB, 1009x899px) Image search: [Google]
wqertgfbseytrfg.png
779KB, 1009x899px
>>52049236
>>52049237
goddammit, are Tervigons still decent at least?
>>
>Tau Triumvirate
>3 riptides
>It's just a riptide wing
>>
>>52049283
Post a pic of the list not a text blob next time. Cheers
>>
>>52049183
What do you want to use the blob for? Objective holding? Meatshield? Tarpit? Ranged support?

If you're aiming for meatshield, tarpit, or objective holding, I would suggest dropping the Power Weapon on the Lord Commissar, then add in a unit of Conscripts. They are 60 points for 20 bodies. Then put the Priest in the Cosncripts and put the Lord Commissar in the 20 Guardsmen. That way you have essentially 40 bodies that won't run away.

If you want some ranged support, I would put in Autocannons and Grenade Launchers in the Infantry Squads and maybe add in another squad of 10 with the same kit so it's a blob of 30. Having a squad of 30 is also good with Lascannons because it takes a while to kill the Lascannons.

If you get Heavy Weapons, use the order Forward for the Emperor. That allows you to fire all your weapons and then run afterwards. Also don't forget that movement is model by model, so you can run a big chunk of the blob up while keeping the heavy weapons stationary in the back without making them snapfire.
>>
Who are the best writers for GW? I know Dan Abnett always gets a nod but whom else is worthy of always buying from?
>>
>>52049239
Annihilator and to some degree vanquisher.
>>
File: aaa6.jpg (538KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aaa6.jpg
538KB, 1920x1080px
>>52049319
occur several meetings before reaching terra
>>
Can someone stop this 40K becoming 30K bullshit.

More focus on Nids + Necrons + Orks please.
>>
>>52049333
Aaron
>>
>>52049323
Nah. You've got Flyrant spam. That's it.
>>
>>52049301
Nothing better than successfully assaulting someone's prized deathstar with a fearless guardsman tarpit.

Tears of impotent rage.
>>
>>52049323
Not especially.

The only straight up good option in the Codex is a Flyrant with dual devourers and haywire spray. Most "competitive" (and I use that term loosely) Tyranid lists are like 5 Flyrants and a handful of 15 point mucolid spores for troops (bigger spore mines that can attack air).
>>
File: aaa7.jpg (516KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aaa7.jpg
516KB, 1920x1080px
>>52049351
>>
>>52049354
This.
But everyone plays marines so this is the dogshit we get to deal with
>>
>>52049351
>that helmet
cawl makes some sexy fucking armour
>>
>>52049354
I second this. I'm tired of the whole only important story happening between two of the most boring factions.
>>
>>52049333
Graham McNeill is usually solid.
>>
>>52049226
>>52049164
I think I'll just do them as gun drones for now with the base kill team box.

I think I'll add a Dreadnaught and some Crisis Suits once I've played around a little with it.
>>
>>52049315
Looks like its the Primarch's Triumvirate
A Librarian
3 units of Paladins
3 units of Terminators

With rumored bonus of Banishment affects all Daemons within 12"

Your Deny the Witch gets better by 1.
>>
>>52049382
>the emperor's champion shoved his sword into skarbrand's heart
pretty metal/10
>>
>>52049081
He cant. That just daemons fucking with him.
>>
>>52049354
We are going to get sigmared into imperium, chaos, and xenos
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg (267KB, 900x965px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg
267KB, 900x965px
>>52049326

Well, last time I posted a picture no one replied, but when I posted a text dump people did, so I decided to go with that this time. I guess i'll just flip a coin in the future. Here's the picture of the list.
>>
>>52049403
Woop-de-shit. Christmas has come early, guys.
>>
>>52049382
God this is so fucking bad. I'm sick of this superhero capeshit with like 4-5 named characters doing everything in a setting that's about massive planetary-scale pitched battles of billions of souls and world-shaking god-engines.
>>
>>52049382
Now I wonder
aside from
Sanguinius who fought against KoS and Bloodthirsters
The Khan who fought against KoS
Lorgar who fought against Bloodthirsters

who else fought against greater daemons during the heresy?
Can Guilliman match against them?, he had experience with WB bullshit but not daemons that big
>>
>>52049455
Drastanta the "Tempest of Starlight."
>>
>>52049453
when you have greater daemons that can solo an entire planet you need to put something to even the battlefield
I actually receive this change of introducing powerful units for non-chaos/necron armies
>>
Triumvirate of Shit

Canoness
Hive Tyrant
Warboss
>>
>>52049453
Bun anon, the man killed the other man with his sword
>>
>>52049499
all of them T4 with 2W
>>
>>52049499
SoB already have one.

gonna be a Haemonculus character.
>>
>>52049455
technically the ultramarines had to deal with daemons of all kinds when fighting the word bearers, even in the BL books

The only legions who probably wouldn't have much experience fighting daemons (during the heresy) would be the wolves, dangles and the three who fell at Istvaan.
>>
File: 1487448089402.jpg (121KB, 540x719px) Image search: [Google]
1487448089402.jpg
121KB, 540x719px
What's the best army to build if you mainly just want to troll people?

I don't mean building a WAAC list and tabling everyone, I'm fine with losing, I just want the entire experience, win or lose, to be frustrating as hell for my opponent.

Currently I'm thinking Necrons show promise in this arena.
>>
>>52047612
You're a nigger in every sense of the word, and this is coming from a black man.
>>
File: 1467078548.png (14KB, 592x115px) Image search: [Google]
1467078548.png
14KB, 592x115px
>>52049393
Same about the fucked legs.
>>
>>52049499
They all hit themselves at S:User + 1 because they're really fired up!
>>
>>52049530
>technically the ultramarines had to deal with daemons of all kinds when fighting the word bearers, even in the BL books
yeah but actual greater daemons?
then again I haven't read all of BL
>>
File: HEROES.jpg (131KB, 1255x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HEROES.jpg
131KB, 1255x1080px
How do I Company Veterans for Dark Angels? Their 2 attacks tempts me to make them melee oriented, but terminators could probably do the job better at a lower cost. On the other hand, they all have access to Ranged Weapons, and Dark Angels are naturally very shooty. It's hard to choose. Can anyone give me some advice? I wish they were like Sternguards and Vanguards where their roles were clear.
>>
Stop bullying Sisters
Stop bullying Tyranids
Stop bullying Orks
>>
File: mrsskeletal.png (870KB, 585x773px) Image search: [Google]
mrsskeletal.png
870KB, 585x773px
>>52049379
Fuck... How old is the latest edition? Is it due an upgrade anytime soon?
>>
File: 214123151.jpg (35KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
214123151.jpg
35KB, 600x339px
>Post yfw you realise Ghazghkull isn't fearless and only has leadership 9
>>
>>52049533
Genestealer Cults
Hellrain Brigade Tempestus Scions
Ynnari Warp Spider spam
>>
>>52049533
Daemons.
>>
File: 1432884303822.jpg (2MB, 2595x3624px) Image search: [Google]
1432884303822.jpg
2MB, 2595x3624px
>>52049455
BobbyG killed Keeper of Secrets during Great Crusade.
>>
>>52049530
The Dark Angles fleet got ambushed by daemons prior to them arriving at Imperium Secundus, they got mauled pretty badly until Lionel ordered the Edict of Nikea overturned and reformed his librarius.
>>
>>52049583
>anything that isnt SM, Chaos or Tau getting an update
Oh sweet summer child
>>
>>52049583
It's gonna be probably at least another year. The last nid codex was released in January of 2013.
>>
>>52049565
>yeah but actual greater daemons?
A few, yeah. Princes too. It's why the by all rights worst legion could actually fight against what was considered one of, if not the best.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-WW/Samus-Daemon-Prince-of-the-Ruinstorm

>>52049599
Oh right, I had forgotten about those books.
>>
>>52048320
The Word Bearers Omnibus, if Chaos os fine with you. In my opinion, that trilogy and accompanying short story is some of the vest things BL has ever published.
>>
>>52049586
Leadership isn't so important for non-melee focused armies.
>>
>>52049534
No sir, I learn it all from my book of trickology.

Signed by Yakub himself!
>>
quick post aeldari genestealer cults
>>
Anyone got the McCoppin mug image with the incubus/dark eldar? Looking all over for it and I can't find it for my collection.
>>
>>52049333
Anthony Reynolds, or what little I've read of him.
>>
>>52049596
wasn't that a xeno?
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Osirian_Psybrid
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Battle_of_the_Eurydice_Terminal
>>
File: 1445873569536.jpg (205KB, 1024x1184px) Image search: [Google]
1445873569536.jpg
205KB, 1024x1184px
>>52049588
>Hellrain Brigade Tempestus Scions

Good idea, unfortunately I'd have to gouge my own eyes out by turn two with that many Taurboxes on the field.
>>
File: Ynnari - 1850pts.jpg (229KB, 900x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ynnari - 1850pts.jpg
229KB, 900x1080px
Thoughts?
>>
File: 1465855075174.jpg (19KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465855075174.jpg
19KB, 300x360px
I CAN'T BELIEVE ABBADON IS FUCKING DEAD
>>
>>52049736
IT'S HURON TIME
>>
>>52048047
i wish i could find just the bit i need online but none of the bit traders carry it, hell no one on ebay even has the current model just oop metal
>>
GS3 p1

Where to begin?! This book basically picks up moments after Fracture of Biel-Tan. The combined forces of the Aeldari and remaining Ad Mech/Imperial remnants have just crossed the webway and find themselves on the planet Laphis in the Macragge System.

The Macragge System is actually under siege by the forces of Chaos who are attempting to prevent Guilliman’s return. You see, they have also had rumors and felt “grim tidings” in the warp and are attempting to circumvent this possible future from happening. And, to be fair, they do a pretty good job…They are besieging the Fortress of Hera where Guilliman has been entombed in stasis.

Unfortunately for them Cawl and Yvraine are on the scene and they are attempting to repair Guilliman. They lose power and the stasis field begins to fail…but, as you may have guessed from the title, Guilliman wakes. And he’s PISSED. It’s been over 9,000 years and he’s back on his home turf. As he comes around, news gets out and inspires the Ultramarines. Needless to say, Chaos has a bad time…

They spend a good bit of time re-organizing and re-deploying under Guilliman’s command. One of things I really appreciated about this Primarch is his super-human attention to detail. That and he listens to everyone in his command structure. He’s constantly getting updates from Calgar, Tigirus, Celestine, Cawl, and he even listens to the Aeldari. He’s like a sponge that is just soaking up all the data he can so he can make informed decisions based on facts and figures. And it pays dividends!
>>
>>52049586
What are you talking about? Just take him in the orkurion (with exactly 3 bosses, 1 painboss, bik mek, 6 units of boyz, 2 unit of nobz, 1 unit of gretchin and nothing else including transports) and he'll be fearless every turn.

God you ork players are never happy are you?
>>
>>52049772
p2

Fast-forwarding a bit, they secure the system and Guilliman is coronated as Commander of the Ultramarines. It’s a pretty big ceremony with Celestine placing the “Crown” on his head again. On top of that, he rescinds the Heresey-Era Treaties of the 500 worlds, basically removing their autonomous status and folding them back into the rule of Macragge. Guilliman then makes the call that he needs to go to Terra and he leaves Calgar in charge to watch over the system in his absence. Marneus has his work cut out for him and this is a pretty big responsibility – He’s basically got to get the other planet’s in order and it’s going to be a busy time for him.

Dad’s back…but I still get to sit in the comfy chair for a bit longer…

The Aeldari do “bow out” at this point having helped bring Guilliman back. They’ve also shed blood and helped to defend Macragge so it’s kind of an awkward good bye. They basically say, “We’re on board to fight Chaos…for now.” And “don’t forget, you owe us one.” without ever really saying those words. But Guilliman knows what’s going on. On top of that, The Aeldari figure they might not be too welcomed where Guilliman is heading, being Terra and all.

What happens next is a pretty epic “road trip” through the warp. I’m going to gloss over a lot of the details here because you really should check the book out for yourself but let’s just say there are lots of daemons and chaos marines involved. Kairos Fateweaver shows up, Skarbrand shows up, Magnus pops in – I’m pretty sure there is Chaos Fortress involved at some point…Oh and they pick-up a few new Hitch-hikers: Cypher and the Fallen.
>>
>>52049772
>>52049788
p3

But Guilliman isn’t the only one to have a “fun” trip. I skipped over the fact that the Grey Knights showed up back at Macragge. Well, after a daemonic invasion Voldus get’s promoted to Grand Master by none other than Draigo who shows up for a few paragraphs and then has to go back to the warp. Draigo is so impressed with Voldus’ fighting and psychic abilities he dubs him Grand Master on the spot…It was a short, but impressive interview process.

Eventually, the crew makes it way to Terra. Now, I’m not going to ruin the ending for you, but I will say it ends on a pretty positive note. At least positive for the Grim Dark. Guilliman makes it to the Emperor’s chamber and no one “dies” although he does spend some time in there alone. When he comes out he’s got a plan and a mission. The Imperium is back and it’s time for him to take the reigns…

Overall, it’s a relatively quick read. It’s a lot like the previous installments. Things happen and a pretty quick pace and there are TONS of cameos in the book. A couple of other “primarchs” pop-in for a few pages, but they are of the Daemon variety. They are all scheming and have their own machinations and plans…

Aside from actually advancing the narrative of the 40k universe for roughly 90 pages, this book also has a bunch of new missions and scenarios. If you want to actually play through the story you can by following the missions as presented. It’s a nice touch for the more narrative focused players out there.
>>
>>52049499

>the Canoness can at least get Eternal Warrior
>>
File: neat.jpg (179KB, 735x1087px) Image search: [Google]
neat.jpg
179KB, 735x1087px
>>52049772
>>52049788
>>
>>52049772
>>52049788
>>52049797

p4

Rules wise, this book contains all the goodies for all three members of this Tirumvirate: Guilliman, Cypher and Voldus. We get to see a new faction added with Fallen and Cypher. And let’s not forget all those new formations/detachments across the board for the Space Marines, Grey Knights and Fallen.

I know a lot of folks have been looking at Guilliman’s stats and have noticed that he’s a Monstrous Creature (Character) and have been thinking, “That’s terrible. He’s as vulnerable as a Carnifex to Drop-pod Grav Spam!” And while that’s partially true, there is a formation in the book that will allow him to get Look Out, Sir rolls. So while he might not be able to join a unit, he can basically function like he’s part of one.

A couple of paragraphs of my paraphrasing doesn’t really do this book justice. But hopefully you’re interested enough to want to go and pick this book up for yourself. If nothing else, it will get folks talking about the state of the 40k universe again – and where the Imperium goes from here. It’s a good capstone to the Gathering Storm story arc and it’s a solid enough foundation to move ahead.
>>
>>52049803

Is that a Krieger documenting two Exodite lesbians prior to purging? Why?
>>
File: 1850DG.jpg (218KB, 900x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1850DG.jpg
218KB, 900x1150px
r8
>>
>>52049583
8th edition is on the horrizon
>>
>>52049087
Shiny. Dual Eradication Beamer Meltacannon then? Slightly wish I had a good excuse to use that bit myself.
Not made many decisions for my Magi yet. Probably having a Secutarii Axiarch from an Enginseer augmented with the right Skitarii guns and some Kataphron Breacherplate, and one is a dune-style Navigator in a tank, but I'm not sure about the other four or so.

Awesome naga-Magos seems cool, have you seen the Blanche one in one of the recent White Dwarfs?

I can't really get behind the pimp canes much myself, or the massively overcomplicated axes. Either evil medical tools or a Chainfist for my Archmagos, I think.
>>
>>52049840
an inquisitive mind is one open to corruption, the only way to purge that corruption is through action in the Emperor's Name
>>
>>52049807
That's dumb, why couldn't they just have an upgrade for him that let's him get honor guard or custodians orCATO SICARIUS! as bodyguards attached to him.
>>
>>52049850
Not a legal list.
>>
>>52049840
Cuz its hot, duh. This krieger longs for the smootchue time. He gets lonely under that mask. He can't break the rules though as he is still a krieger, but he's human to, kinda, so he needs to capture this moment, the only sexy time he'll ever see.
>>
>>52049772
>>52049788
>>52049797
this is a pretty stupid review
it barely says anything and just prompts you to read it yourself
at the very least explain the fucking road trip
did Cypher do anything?
>>
>>52049907
>did Cypher do anything?
Lurked in some shadows, dropped some one-liners shot some plasma.
>>
File: 765.png (988KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
765.png
988KB, 680x907px
Hey guys, was wondering of you could help me top off my mug collection. If you've got any good ones, not on this list, or the incubus ones, pleast toss em my way.
>>
File: Best Primarch.jpg (149KB, 584x764px) Image search: [Google]
Best Primarch.jpg
149KB, 584x764px
>>52049772
>He’s like a sponge that is just soaking up all the data he can so he can make informed decisions based on facts and figures.

One of my favourite depictions of Guilliman, which I think summed up his character pretty well, is when he's stuck on a disabled flagship with no vox, no sensors and is forced to watch as his fleet is being systematically destroyed around him at Calth.

A lot of the other Primarchs in that scenario would have done something death-defyingly heroic like climb into a stormbird and try to board an enemy ship, or teleport over to one and engage the enemy fleet commander in single combat.

Guilliman just orders the blast-shields over the windows opened and starts taking notes on everything that's happening within (a Primarch's) visual range, then orders everything with a zoom function to be pointed out of a window and the notes of what they see to be brought to him on the bridge, so when they finally get vox and power back, he's already got a plan in place.

No glorious heroics to save the day by pimp-slapping the baddies with super-strength, no 'I automatically know everything due to muh tactical genius *cough*thelion*cough*horus*cough* and/or prescient psyker powers, and can predict the enemy'. He just starts sketching the relative positions of every ship he can see and builds a response from there.
>>
File: d4792.png (126KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
d4792.png
126KB, 510x546px
>>52049962
Have a super-rare Emprah mug.
>>
>>52049807
>I know a lot of folks have been looking at Guilliman’s stats and have noticed that he’s a Monstrous Creature (Character) and have been thinking, “That’s terrible. He’s as vulnerable as a Carnifex to Drop-pod Grav Spam!” And while that’s partially true, there is a formation in the book that will allow him to get Look Out, Sir rolls. So while he might not be able to join a unit, he can basically function like he’s part of one.
Uh, no. He's not anywhere near as vulnerable as a Carnifex. He has a 3+ invulnerable save AND Feel No Pain AND 6 Wounds.

The problem is that he's an MC (cannot take a transport) with no wings or Jet Packs or Deep Strike.
>>
File: 1479513278030.gif (965KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479513278030.gif
965KB, 500x500px
>>52049850
>Death Guard
>Bikes
>>
File: looted mugg.png (86KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
looted mugg.png
86KB, 510x546px
>>52049962
yo grot
>>
>>52049971
Is he truly the autismest primarch?
>>
>T5 W2 +3 invuln save with RP
ah yes, Canoptek Harvest
>>
File: 14567947606.jpg (96KB, 700x769px) Image search: [Google]
14567947606.jpg
96KB, 700x769px
>>52049962
>>
>>52049987
Oh so you like it, great.
>>
>>52049999

No, he's the one who acted like an actual military commander in that situation. He can do a lot more directing the battle than he can locked in fisticuffs with some random foot soldiers on the other side.
>>
>>52050006
Thanks anon
>>
>>52049999
Literal weaponised autism.

Lorgar is still more autistic tho
>>
File: guilliman1.jpg (155KB, 900x715px) Image search: [Google]
guilliman1.jpg
155KB, 900x715px
>>52049999
checked

this face is definitely autistic
>>
File: 1485397370613.png (385KB, 420x590px) Image search: [Google]
1485397370613.png
385KB, 420x590px
>>52050001
>that feel when your greater daemons get shredded by wraiths
>>
>>52050020
lorgar is /r9k/ autism
guilliman (and most other loyal primarchs) is functional autism
>>
File: yarrick.jpg (61KB, 668x940px) Image search: [Google]
yarrick.jpg
61KB, 668x940px
>>52049586
I hear you. It's the same with Commssiar Yarrick. He's the only Commissar in the game that isn't Stubborn and when asked about it in the FAQ, they said that it was intentional to make him not Stubborn.

I guess Ghaz and Yarrick were meant to be matched against each other and that is it.
>>
>>52049999
no that's Lion
he's Guilliman tier in the facets of warrior and strategist and he would've probably boarded an enemy ship, take control of it and use it for counterattack while planning the next move but when it comes to dealing with civilians/non-legions/his own commanders he spazzes out and just doesn't know how to respond
>>
>>52049971
That's really cool.
>>
>>52049864
I'm alright with the normal Dominus axe (apart from the walkie talkie attached to it), but Cawl's is getting just a little bit silly. The man has like 13 legs, he doesn't need the axe to help him walk. I've not picked up a WD in a while now (Just today I tried a bookshop and they didn't carry it) but that Blanche art sounds like something worth seeing.

Its gonna be a while before I have anything worth showing; I'm slow enough as it is, and I'm currently tied up in making a cosplay for an upcoming con at the end of the month.

Take a stab in the dark as to what it is.
>>
>>52049971
Didn't he go outside without his helmet to punch a bunch of word bearers?
>>
>>52050095
Well he was a feral child, funny how he and Russ were set up as rivals when they were also similar in upbringing.
>>
File: Patrician As Fuck.jpg (598KB, 850x860px) Image search: [Google]
Patrician As Fuck.jpg
598KB, 850x860px
>>52050048
The only socially capable Primarchs I can think of are Sangy, Horus, Vulkan, Russ and the Khan.

I'd argue Guilliman doesn't really count as autism either, he's supposed to be one of the more approachable Primarchs, he's described as the most 'human'. He's just too much of a calculating politician for anyone to trust him, or for him to form meaningful attachments with people other than his mum
>>
File: 1484574419728.png (28KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1484574419728.png
28KB, 510x546px
>>52049962
>>
>>52050145
They were rivals but also close friends
>>
>>52050095
>when it comes to dealing with civilians/non-legions/his own commanders he spazzes out and just doesn't know how to respond

Mainly because he's convinced they're all out to get him.
>>
>>52050145
Russ was more muscle and null-tier psyker protection but he could barely make an strategy beyond rushing the enemy with wooden shields while another squad flanks them
>>
>>52049893
How is it not a legal list?
>>52049987
I'm modeling marines fused into the weeping sores of plague toads which will actually fit on new bike bases. I'm really good with greenstuffing/converting/painting so it won't be derpy either.
There's 7 of them so it's plenty fluffy
>>
File: go to hell.jpg (149KB, 1180x644px) Image search: [Google]
go to hell.jpg
149KB, 1180x644px
>>52050163
nightlord fucking shit
>>
>>52049999
From my impression I thought that was Pertuarbo. He built a miniature titan out of clockwork, and he treats war like I play Dwarf Fortress or Aroura. Its not soldiers he's throwing at walls, its numbers on a spreadsheet.
>>
>>52050198
Or Alpharius.

"100% perfect route clear only"
>>
File: 1482701844712.png (179KB, 512x668px) Image search: [Google]
1482701844712.png
179KB, 512x668px
>>52050192

Hey, I hate the shit posters, too. At least I own and paint models.
>>
>>52050178
no because he literally finds no reason why they would not listen to him, in his mind if something makes sense everybody should be able to see it
that's why he was so pissed when the leaders of the other knight orders in Caliban resisted his crusade plans and Luther had to do the talking to convince them to join him, then when Luther stayed on Caliban Lion had a lot of trouble collaborating with his equals as they had other ideas or just didn't felt like listening to him

a good leader has to be both times smart to plan the attack and wise to convince his soldiers that it will work, Lion excels in one and fails in the other
>>
>>52047025
What bothers me about all these super star special characters is that most of them are not worth shooting at or wasting time on. They are just these beasts that take 1000 points to kill while costing a fraction. Targeting them almost feels like a waste of time sometimes.
>>
>>52050139
Well, Lorgar space'd him by sending an exploding daemon to his bridge via the vox network, so it wasn't really like he voluntarily went outside without a helmet.

But yeah, the Ultramarines went outside after losing their entire bridge crew and, they believed, Primarch, to dislodge Word Bearer boarding parties trying to cut through the hull, and found him walking across the outer hull, punching Word Bearers to death whilst holding his breath.
>>
>>52050257
I've been modifying my lists with tarpits specifically to deal with them.
>>
>>52050095
Say what you will about the Dangle HH novels, but I really loved how autistic the Lion was in the second one.
>Meets with two leaders. One is a tough as balls Governor, the other is overly nice Magos with a sketchy version of events.
>Distrusts the Governor, trusts Magos
>Chaplain Nemiel is kind of amazed by how stupid the Lion is at reading people.
>Lion thinks Nemiel doesn't trust the Magos because the Magos is a cyborg, and points out that there are cyborg space marines also.
>Nemiel is just like "Holy shit my dad is autistic"
Later on:
>The Lion gives a bunch of super massive siege weapons to the totally trust worthy Perturabo.
>While hes handing them other he flat out says to Perty "So yeah, I should have been the Warmaster, and when this all blows over I want you to tell Daddy I should be the next Warmaster because I deserve it"
>Perty is just like "Oh yeah totally, I'll totally do that right after I crush Horus, yes sir'ee bob because thats what I'm going to do..."
>>
File: 14568598658.jpg (572KB, 1189x1553px) Image search: [Google]
14568598658.jpg
572KB, 1189x1553px
People seem to rave about hot-shot volleyguns for tempestus scions....but it's a salvo 4 Gets Hot! weapon.

Aren't my scions going to have a better chance of exploding everytime they pull the trigger than they do of killing the enemy?
>>
>>52050412
yeah I really liked Fallen Angels' Lion story it characterizes him really well and puts the process of why the Emperor didn't choose him over Horus
and to be fair as far as he knew Perty and co were loyal brothers seeking to strike Horus down
>>
>>52050412
He's not a people-person.
>>
>>52050463
They don't have get's hot its been FAQed out.
>>
>>52050463
Statistically they'd have to fire twelve shots before they killed themselves.
>>
>>52050463
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure hotshot lasguns don't have get's hot
>>
>>52050463
>Gets Hot!
read your book again
it's not

Or, if you have the out of date scan, read them more carefully. There are two sets of stats for the volley gun in that scan.

>>52050495
Not a FAQ. A print error. One that's been fixed in every printing since.
>>
File: thousandsons.jpg (196KB, 650x808px) Image search: [Google]
thousandsons.jpg
196KB, 650x808px
So, who's hoping 40k is going to get an official list building app, like what AOS got?

I fucking hope so, because the new version of battlescribe is shit and was a cash grab by the creator. Faggot broke the old version of his product, so we would be forced to use the new, shit tier version, with a sub model.

That's some tasty karma if Games Workshop releases their own app.
>>
>Through guile, ferocity and unmatched skill did Urkanthos captain his craft to victory over all three Imperial warships, blasting two to ruin before obliterating the final craft as it turned to flee. Such a mighty tally of blood and skulls pleased Khorne greatly

I thought Khorne hated guile.
>>
>>52050538
>I deserve free stuff! MOMMY!
>>
>>52050181
it's not illegal hes just an idiot
and probably mad that you have bikes in a nurgle list
>>
>>52050538
There's this new app called notepad.
>>
>>52050568
He likes piles of skulls more.
>>
>>52050650
But the skulls would have all floated off into the vacuum of space. There would be no piles!
>>
>>52050661
It's a figurative pile.
>>
>>52050575
>I'm a total faggot with no idea what's going on.

Sucks to be you, but I already paid for the old version of battlescribe. No one was asking for the new version. So, he fucked it up to force the transition to an inferior product.

And for the record. I would happily pay for an official list building app.
>>
>>52050700
No! Khorne needs literal piles for his throne!
>>
File: IMG_3616.jpg (221KB, 622x894px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3616.jpg
221KB, 622x894px
>>52050568
FALSE!

Khorne's fine with guile so long as you kill people with it. Read the Bloodletter lore.
>>
>>52050625
>(un)original and (un)intelligent addition to the conversation.

That's great, but do you feel like manually changing your list while at an event? No one does. List building apps are great for making quick changes when you don't have lots of time.
>>
>>52050786
I always forget how intelligent Daemons really are.
>>
>>52050463
get the new scan or book, it doesnt have gets hot

volleyguns are a meme anon unless you get 4 of them in a command squad

the most common scion teams you will field are double flamer, double melta, quad melta command squad, quad plasma + plasma pistol command squad
>>
>>52050719
He takes the skullness of the the offerings.
>>
File: IMG_3003.jpg (291KB, 844x1157px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3003.jpg
291KB, 844x1157px
>>52050786
Waiting for slaanesh to be good like
>>
>>52050866
SKULLS FOR THE THRONE GOD! BLOOD FOR THE SKULL PILE!
>>
>>52050808
They invented these things called pencils a while ago
>>
>>52049448
You should retool your terminators for a specific job; anti armor, monster killers or infantry killers.

You've got too many marine squads; they generally should only be taken as a tax.

The noise marines need a transport. Also, if you're going with a slaanesh list just make it Emperor's Children; it makes noise marines troops.

You need more anti armor; and a way to shit out high strength high frequency shots, like a sicaran or forgefiend.
>>
>>52050901
They are hell on tablet screens though.
>>
>>52050886
Didn't he possess some 10,000~ old Grey Knight? He probably looks like a raisin.
>>
File: IMG_2973.png (25KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2973.png
25KB, 299x276px
>>52050887
Can I play too guys?
>>
So does this finally confirm beyond all reasonable doubt that Kaldor Draigo is not the Silver Knight?
>>
>>52050957
>reasonable doubt
no such thing in 40k.
>>
>>52050901
>I don't actually play 40k, but I'm happy to give advice.

Thanks, but no thanks, anon.
>>
File: IMG_8004.png (917KB, 837x740px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8004.png
917KB, 837x740px
>>52050932
Got blood?
>>
>>52050957
Draigo is busy in AoS
>>
>>52050957
Only if the writers forgot warp-based time travel, which they probably did.
>>
File: IMG_2969.png (496KB, 648x842px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2969.png
496KB, 648x842px
>>52050981
I've got... stuff
>>
>>52050978
>I'm too stupid to write a list on paper and change it with an eraser
>I need a computer to do it for me
>>
File: IMG_4549.png (307KB, 1024x824px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4549.png
307KB, 1024x824px
>>52051000
Got any change?
>>
>>52051004
Man I'd love a computer than can write on paper and erase it.
I get writer's cramp super-easy.
>>
File: 1473671920094.gif (3MB, 380x360px) Image search: [Google]
1473671920094.gif
3MB, 380x360px
>>52051018
Yes.
>>
File: 1483885346032.png (211KB, 768x655px) Image search: [Google]
1483885346032.png
211KB, 768x655px
>>52051018
maybe...
>>
File: IMG_3020.jpg (35KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3020.jpg
35KB, 236x314px
>>52051018
Fuck off Tzeentch. Nobody liked you before the update. Beat this.
>>
>>52051004
>who needs list building apps, I'll use pencil and paper.

>Who needs a car, I'll walk 50 miles a day.

>who needs modern medicine, I'll just curl up and die the next time I'm sick.

Please don't wait that long. KYS now.
>>
>>52050978
Not him, but the people who need a listbuilder to hold their hand because they don't write lists often enough to memorize most of the points costs are the ones who ACTUALLY don't play 40k.

If you can't crank out a 1500 with pen and paper in 5 minutes, knowing the models you own and what almost everything costs, which you should if you've been playing this game regularly for any decent span of years, you're either retarded or you've been lazy and relying on listbuilders as a crutch.
>>
File: IMG_3018.jpg (98KB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3018.jpg
98KB, 1000x1250px
>>52051069
>>52051018
It's not much chaos chan, but here...
>>
>>52051077
>>who needs modern medicine, I'll just sweat it off and build resistance so I won't die if modern medicine is ever unavailable.
>>
>>52051077
>Writing a list is the equivalent of walking 50 miles a day
>It is also the equivalent of dying
whew lad.
>>
File: IMG_2987.jpg (37KB, 326x245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2987.jpg
37KB, 326x245px
>>52051092
>>52051069
>>52051018
>>52051000
>>52050981
>>52050932
>>52050886
>>52050786
Heretics, all of you
>>
>>52051077
Do you also ride a segway indoors because you refuse to use your perfectly functional legs?
>>
Just came back after not having been on /tg/ for ages. Why did they make Guilleman so much better than Magnus and for less points? Also, why did GW make the Thousand Sons so shit?
>>
>New Player Dumb Question Time

So, what do I do with Company Command Squads/Platoon Command Squads?

They feel really fragile, and unless I want to spend even more cash on tracking down more plasma guns, I struggle to outfit them at all.

Where should they go? In a chimera? Should that chimera advance at all, or hang back?
>>
>>52051117
>perfectly functional
Not after twenty seven years of riding a segway they're not.
>>
>>52051144
???

Magnus and his daemon buttbuddies are considerably more powerful in game terms.
>>
>>52051087
Not him but you're retarded.

I know my codex from cover to cover. I know all the point values. I've refed for events at my shop. I've noticed illegal lists or point values that don't add up on other people's lists off a quick skim.

But I'm not a retarded ludite who approaches technology like a caveman seeing fire for the first time. It's faster and easier to select wargear from a radio button than it is to whip out a fucking notepad. It's faster and easier to reference stats on a phone or tablet than it is to flip to six different pages in a hardcover codex the size of a dinner tray, just to show someone my guy's stats and upgrades.

It's a tool of convenience that saves everyone involved time and money. There's literally zero (0) reason not to use one.
>>
>>52051154
Meltaguns in chimera, plasmaguns risk killing the ablative wounds keeping you boss alive.

Or buy a bunker for them.
>>
>>52051144
Magnus can pick whatever unit on the map he wants to die. How is Guilliman better?
>>
>>52051102
>>52051095
>>52051087

>same fag.

I'd really like to see you produce a 1500 point list with pen and paper in a noisy, crowded hall, from memory in 5 minutes, without fucking it up.

I don't know anyone who does this anymore, and I know you don't do it either.

The last time I saw someone do a pen and paper list, was at a killteam tournament.
>>
>>52051194
2 up save, 3 up invuln, FnP, IWND, S10 AP1 sword, on a 6 is Strength D, etc etc
>>
>>52051205
Bullyboyz, Blitz Brigade, Badrukk's Flash gitz'.
>>
>>52051184
Holy shit how mad can one person be?
>>
>>52051215
Whoopdee doo, Magnus points at you and you die.
>>
>>52051242
Getting mad over people using a list builder is pretty retarded, you're 100% right.
>>
>>52051215
>etc etc
You haven't answered why he's better. Psychic FMC in the best psychic army in the game > a durable footslogging beatstick.

Do not pursue lu bu. Just use more magic missiles, faggot.
>>
>>52051255
How can he do that my bro? Not trying to be an arse I'm genuinely curious
>>
>>52051242
How stupid can one person be? If you are the guy arguing that paper list are better than list builders, there is no hope for you.
>>
File: no.jpg (46KB, 930x226px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
46KB, 930x226px
>>52051205
I'd already have a list if I was going to an event and the only changes I would make would be minor ones that I could easily do in less than five minutes by hand.
>>
>>52051266
Alright, I guess I was wrong. Maybe it was my friends telling me how Guilleman could smack Magnus about. Sorry
>>
File: Tempestus Scions - 1500pts.jpg (254KB, 900x968px) Image search: [Google]
Tempestus Scions - 1500pts.jpg
254KB, 900x968px
>tfw love stormtroopers
>codex/army is wafer thin

Anyone play scions here? This is the only list I could build that looks like it'll survive contact with the enemy, and even then, only because the scion squads can respawn.

Seems like a one-trick-pony army from where I'm standing, which is a shame because I love the models.
>>
>>52051268
He doesnt need line of sight and has 2 D-spells.

Magnus is a bit overcosted but he is better than Guilliman, there is no doubt. Walking meleetastic MC with limited force multipliers isnt really good.
>>
>>52051268
ML5
Harnesses on something crazy like a 2+ or something like that
Can draw line of sight to anyone on the map
Has at least one D power.
>>
>>52051307
>Harnesses on something crazy like a 2+ or something like that
2+ and immune to perils
>>
>>52051268
Wizards > Fighters
>>
>>52051307
>>52051323
>>52051323
So with all of that in mind, are Thousand Sons viable? With Magus, no doubt
>>
>>52051289
Well, he will. But magnus can fly, so that doesn't really matter.
>>
>>52051328
They don't synergise very well, as magnus is hungry for warp charges,
>>
>>52051328
>are Thousand Sons viable?
Versus sub-optimal MEQ sure.

Magnus with daemon battery is viable enough to carry them against others.
>>
>>52051205
>I'd really like to see you produce a 1500 point list with pen and paper in a noisy, crowded hall, from memory in 5 minutes, without fucking it up.
>implying the noise matters
>implying its hard to memorize some basic numbers
Flyrant with all the usual fixings is 240 pts. Double that for two of them is 480.
One Carnifex no upgrades is 120, so we're at 600 even. Add 2 more of those cuz I like screamer-killers - 840.
Two broods of poison horms is 140. Thats 980.
Three zoanthropes, 1130.
Thirty gants, 1250.
Tervigon, 1445.
Venomthrope, 45 pts.

1490 ready to go.

How the fuck can you not do this from memory if you've been playing with the same models and Codex for 3-4 years?

Done.
>>
How good are word bearers from traitor legions? I was thinking of either doing them or world eaters.
>>
>>52051463
If you wan't to summon daemons they are decent.
>>
>>52051463
The worst of all the legions, literally chapter tactics: ally in a better codex.
>>
>decide to play some 40k
>walk two hours to the nearest shop
>finally get there and drop all my models, which I carried by hand, onto the table
>ask if someone wants to play while I bring out my list, which I made as a fresco on canvas
>some newfag at the shop shows up, he's playing Tau
>fucking Tau
>decide to tailor my list while he's setting up, try to discretely bring out the white oil to erase part of my list while I mix together some fresh tempera to write it in
>he's already done with his first turn and lunch by the time I'm finished writing it all in, now it's my turn
>timetowreckshit.jpg
>I use a rope marked with knots to measure out my movement
>Range is decided by measuring two shadows at different times of the day
>just before I roll to hit, the fucking Tau player asks me to double check the gear on my guys
>say sure through gritted teeth, whip out the Eldar codex
>and the Dark Eldar codex
>also Harlequins
>plus the Forge World datasheet
>I'm allying a Riptide Wing and get forgot his Tau codex so I take that out too
>I'm halfway through flipping to my entry in Gathering Storm II when the Tau player stops me
>He already had put my list into Battlescribe and checked it himself seconds after we had set up
>I angrily put all my codexes back into my sheepskin satchel before resuming
FUCKING list builderfags, Battlescribe needs to be fucking banned from events. I'm tired of playing games against people who need their hand held through the list-building process.
>>
>>52051478
Ah. Right. Maybe I'll do another legion. Not sure who
>>
File: IMG_3586.jpg (95KB, 339x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3586.jpg
95KB, 339x499px
>>52051205
Chaos Daemons CAD
HQ
-8xBloodthrone, 1,040
+Greater Gift, 160
Total, 1200

Troops
-2xBloodletter, 200
+Banner of Blood, 40
+Instrument of Chaos, 10
Total, 250

Total, 1450

All by memory.
>>
>>52051442

That only took you 20 minutes. good work... And you didn't have to sit there and consider any real opponents or their armies.
>>
File: 1459192098512.jpg (33KB, 230x249px) Image search: [Google]
1459192098512.jpg
33KB, 230x249px
>>52051488
Audible kek
>>
>>52051488
>painting your list on canvas
Well la di da why don't you just chisel it into the wall of your cave like a real man?
>>
>>52051488
*slowclap.
>>
>>52051488
Lies.

Battlescribe crashes if you load that many data-sets at once.
>>
>>52051516
No it took me four minutes from the time I read your post. I don't sit here and update /tg/ constantly.

In fact it took me less time to write the list in my head, most of the time is just writing/typing it up for someone else to read.

Also I don't list tailor like a faggot, I write down what I have for painted models at the event.
>>
>>52051507
>22 minutes, no opponents to consider.

At least you tried...
>>
>>52051553
>Assuming he refreshes /tg/ constantly like a faggot
What is it like to have no life?
>>
>>52051516
>>52051553
>considering opponents takes more than 15 seconds
Dude are you just mentally damaged or new to the game, c'mon be honest.
>>
It's too early to mkae plans(and buy boxes) for a Fallen army?
>>
File: images (5).jpg (11KB, 248x244px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
11KB, 248x244px
>>52051488
Brilliant, and dubs too.
>>
>>52051205
>>>52051102
>>>52051095
>>>52051087
>>same fag.
>I'd really like to see you produce a 1500 point list with pen and paper in a noisy, crowded hall, from memory in 5 minutes, without fucking it up.
>I don't know anyone who does this anymore, and I know you don't do it either.

I've been playing Sisters for 10 years, man. The whole Codex is memorized, and I often make lists in my head when I'm bored at work. It helps that all squads end up around 170, except command squads who end up at 200, and Rets end up at 100 even with a group of 5 with 4 specials, but a squad of 10 with a simulacrum is 180.
>>
>>52051576
>accused someone of being mentally damaged or newfag.
>argues that pen and paper are far superior than a more efficient digital option.

Holy fuck! Your mental gymnastics is amazing. You have to be baiting, because no one is that retarded.
>>
hey guys im new to 40k
i would like to buy the rule book but i have been reading this thread and it might seem that there is the 8th edition right around the corner? should i save my money for it to come out?
>>
>>52051488
More like
>look over my collection of painted models at home
>write up a list or two of what I want to take in my notebook before I leave the house because I'm not a list tailoring faggot and have no need to carry around more models than I'll be using to play
>only using one Codex because I'm not an Aeldari superfriends queer
>done and packed in 10 mins because I actually play 40k unlike 90% of the faggots on /tg/ who just complain about it
>pick up some beers on the way to the store because swede-bro and guardbro are usually there on fridays and we like to have some brews while we game
>still get there in under half an hour
>don't need to double-check anything in my one Codex because I'm an experienced player who actually plays 40k and I've memorized it already
>sometimes need to reference the main rulebook, take out the tiny paperback with no appreciable weight in my model case and find the page through the index in the back, flip to it literally faster than I could select the search function and type the page number into a tablet
And so on.
>>
>>52051675
Noones saying it's superior, they're saying you're a retard for not being able to make a list by hand in less time than it takes for our planet to revolve around the sun. You're making it sound like it's the most difficult thing in the world. You literally compared it to walking fifty miles and dying because that's how difficult you consider using a notepad and pencil to be.
>>
>>52051690
Borrow a rule book for a few months. Buy the new one when it's released.
>>
>>52051690
Yes, build your army first using downloaded books and buy the rulebook and codex when you are ready to play.
>>
>>52051553
>implying anyone brings AV14
>implying D6+4/5 S7 attacks won't wreck things
>implying anyone brings flyers to 1500
>>
>>52051704
There are people in this thread who grew up in an age where they weren't taught to use book a book's index in school.
>>
>>52051730
I bring Flyers to 1500. It gives them something to shoot at once they give up on my Riptides.
>>
>>52051154
They are fragile yes. It depends on how you play your army, but I usually do 3 things with both my Company Command Squads and my Platoon Command Squads.

2 Meltaguns, Chimera and have them advance with my infantry so they can give out orders and shoot anything big that gets close.

Mortar and nothing else, completely hidden out of LoS, giving out orders. I usually have an Aegis Defense Wall too. I sometimes do Master of Ordnance for the Company Command Squad in addition to the Mortar. In general, if they are out of a transport, the less guns you give them, the less reason your opponent has to shoot them. Most people know they give orders, but if they aren't an immediate threat and are hidden, it's harder to bother with them.

I give my Company Command Squad Kurov's Aquila which gives a 6 inch radius bubble of Preferred Enemy. That allows you to re-roll 1s to hit and to wound. With that, I give them 2 Plasma Guns.
>>
>>52051724
>using downloaded books
But that's highly illegal
>>52051718
Unfortunately none of my friends play 40k (YET)
>>
>>52051749
Well, can they damage AV13?
>>
>>52051748
40k books don't have one. They have a quick-reference sheet that gives you the numbers but not the gear or options or points. And with the state of the meta, you'll be realistically using at least two separate books if not several more.
>>
>>52051675
It takes less time to take the pocket notebook out of my jacket and write out:
Flyrant x2 480
fex x3 360
2x horms x10 toxin 140
zoeys x3 150
gants x30 120
terv 195
venom 45

and then doublecheck the numbers, than it does to get out a device, open the listbuilder software, scroll through to find all the shit you want and then select it and add all the upgrades you want and so forth, hoping that your connection isn't bad or it suddenly decides to lag.

Like, way less.

If it takes you longer you write out lists by hand than use the software, it's because you haven't memorized the points because you never write out lists because you're reliant on a piece of software.

If it takes you more than 20 seconds to look over what your opponents have and decide which of your premade lists you should use today, or what minor adjustments you might need to make, its because you dont fucking play 40k and havent already developed the veteran experience of knowing what does what and what is a good counter to it.

You're either stupid or new, it's just that simple. I'm not going to waste any more time arguing the point because other people who have been playing 40k for a long time know exactly what I'm talking about and don't need any convincing.
>>
>>52051771
D Strength weapons can, yeah.
>>
>>52051772
The core rulebook does have an index.

Codexes don't really need one because the rules sections are tiny.
>>
>>52051772
I swear I remember the brb having an index.
>>
>>52051789
S:D at 1500 on a Flyer?
Why

Well, can it take out 8 HP3 AV13 chariots before they kill all your things?
>>
>>52051820
I think a better question is if they can take out one Riptide before they explode.
>>
I havent played 40k in like literally 10 years, wanting to get back in lately. I am reading the current rules right now and I'm having trouble grasping this whole detachment/formation business. Halp
>>
>>52051710
>Noones saying it's superior, they're saying you're a retard for not being able to make a list by hand in less time than it takes for our planet to revolve around the sun.

(you) are, and there is no "they". You keep samefagging and agreeing with yourself.

>You're making it sound like it's the most difficult thing in the world.

Never said that. But I did say it was inefficient. Which it is.

>You literally compared it to walking fifty miles and dying because that's how difficult you consider using a notepad and pencil to be.

Never said that either, but did make a point about technology being a benefit, and not a "crutch", as you put it.

Face it. There's you, and one other guy arguing that pen and paper is superior to list builders. The rest of the thread is against you.
>>
>>52051833
Gimme Riptide stats and I'll guess

>>52051846
So basically it's like this.

A detachment is a bound army that consists of a Combined Arms Detachment (1-2 HQ, 2-6 Troops, 0-3 Fast Attack, 0-3 Elites, 0-3 Heavy Support), and/or Formations. Formations consist of specific models or units and usually gives them a bonus, but is nowhere near as customisable as a CAD, and usually lacks Objective Secured.
>>
Alright every one of you autists shut the fuck up and read

>List builders
Good
>Newfags using list builders instead of learning their codex
Bad
>Tourneyfags using a list builder to update their list in the fly if they find it faster to do so than using p&p
A-OK

Now can we stop fucking arguing about this pointless shit
>>
>>52051876
>Gimme Riptide stats and I'll guess
T6 W5 2+/5++ FNP
72" S8 AP2 Large Blast OR S7 AP2 Heavy 3
18" S8 AP1 Assault 1 Melta Twin-Linked

The 5++ can be upgraded to a 3++
The 72" weapon can be upgraded to S9
The Melta can fire twice
It can deep strike and assault move up to 4D6 inches

They're 180 points each
>>
>>52051876
>>52051874
Ok so one of them gets your warlord but his trait thing only goes to the one hes in? And to pull allied cheese you need to still have an hq and troop for them?
>>
>>52051933
They're 220 with those upgrades.
>>
>>52051854
>samefagsamefagsamefagsamefagsamefag
Keep saying it and eventually it will come true
So tell me, what exactly are the disadvantages of manually writing a list? Without resorting to hyperbole like comparing it to dying or insisting that being in a noisy environment makes it impossible to use a pencil please. Because manually building a list is just as fast (faster in fact than some list building apps), just as easy, and less likely to end up with errors in your list because you are checking everything yourself instead of hoping the programmer did a good job.
>>
File: 1488634446607.jpg (354KB, 1115x1386px) Image search: [Google]
1488634446607.jpg
354KB, 1115x1386px
>>52051908
Agreed.

Pen and paper list fags BTFO.
>>
New
>>52051967
>>52051967
>>52051967
>>
>>52051933
>T6
Beaten by S7
>W5
Beaten by volume of attacks. 4 S7 (with Greater Aetherblade) +D6 S7 HoW that, if successful, regen HP on a 4+, plus 2 S5 hits from the crew.
>2+/5++ FNP
Well, the Aetherblade's AP2 MC S+1, but you got me there.
>those guns
Yeah, you got me there.
>the rest of that
Why

Basically, just by guessing, if the Bloodthrone gets into melee, he wins. If you shoot, you win.
>>
>>52047094
Triaros transports for 40k skitarii!
>>
>>52052014
>Basically, just by guessing, if the Bloodthrone gets into melee, he wins. If you shoot, you win.
It's an MC with S6. It's gonna Stomp you.
You can have it Overwatch at BS2, and all other Tau units within 6"/12" (depending on the formation) can join in on Overwatch too.
>>
>>52052036
>S16+1 haywire attack from Ram
>followed by 20 haywire shots from the Hoplites inside, with 41 attacks on the next charge

Oh Lordy vehicles need to go a'runnin
>>
>>52052014
He's shitposting or at least intentionally making it sound worse than it is, a Riptide can't do all of that at once and he factor is upgrades into its points cost.

It has to choose between
>3++
>The Melta can fire twice
>assault move up to 4d6 inches
And to access any it has to pass a roll on 3+ or take a wound with no saves, though I thinki t can take FNP.

>>52052046
>MCs have Stomp
Yeah, just a shitposter then.

>inb4 hurr TIDF
The Riptide is bullshit but if you're going to bitch about it then at least be informed.
>>
>>52051954
You must be trolling to not see people have different opinions. List builders help especially when you're writing lists you don't play but compete with another.
Please go back to /pol/ or use a cheetah avatar so people know when to ignore you
>>
>>52052066
I meant Smash, whoops.
>>
>>52052077
So? It's hitting on what, 5's? Tau are literally made to die in melee, most any army- even orks- can trounce them in CQC. Sure, it *may* strip a point of health, but it ain't gonna win that fight
>>
>>52051293
I would use them in an allied or reinforcement capacity. Hellrain Brigade or Ground Assault formation work best with Skittles, Inq, and IG. Even sisters could use them.

On their own they are indeed wafer thin.
>>
>>52047700
Yes.
Now go and buy some more models and books to receive absolution.
>>
>>52052115
If it's WS5 it hits on 5's.
>>
>>52052077
And? Against WS7 it's still only a 1/3 chance of hitting.

You also "forgot" to mention that if it goes ahead with its S9 Ordnance shot then its melta can't shoot at all, and never mentioned the HBC or its other auxiliary options, which modern army lists favor over the ion cannon.

On top of conveniently forgetting about the price of its upgrades and raving about metabonuses like BS2 Overwatch I can only draw the conclusion that you don't actually play Tau or know anything about the Riptide besides /tg/ memes.
>>
>>52051507
Apparently your memory doesn't include the fact you can't bring that many heralds in 1 CAD.
>>
>>52051704
Is it that rare to build your list before going to play? I make lists while taking a crap Then pick one on gameday
>>
How would you kit Cataphractii terminators? As Assault Termies or shooty Termies?
>>
requesting thanks its hitler guard story
Thread posts: 472
Thread images: 83

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.