[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 470
Thread images: 47

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Guns Edition
Guns! Everyone loves them... except not! What is your opinion on firearms in fantasy settings? Do you like them or prefer bows, crossbows and sword duels? Let's disregard Pathfinder rules for firearms and pretend they are usable, that's a more general question. You can still bash Paizo, that never goes out of style.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
PS: Avowed is getting big changes soon(ish).

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread: >>52041512
>>
>>52046130
Great image OP.
You got both katana and guns, two weapon with complete retards that whine and bitch when their weapons can't finish encounters in a single attack.
They are pretty helpful in identifying worthless players but just like most other DMs, I remove both of them for my setting to avoid conflict with players who spend to much of their money collecting those and want to masturbate a game when they dominate.
>>
File: 1433452704448.png (137KB, 250x373px) Image search: [Google]
1433452704448.png
137KB, 250x373px
Guns are like dragons or demons
They could have a place in high fantasy if people did not ruin it by trying so fucking hard to be THAT edgylord with his special darkness guns.
>>
File: fennec_fox_by_robbobert-d8kee3k.jpg (492KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
fennec_fox_by_robbobert-d8kee3k.jpg
492KB, 1000x664px
So! How was your weekend, /pfg/? Do anything fun or exciting, game-related or otherwise?
>>
>>52046237

We killed a Wrathspawn!
>>
File: elf gunslinger.png (553KB, 846x965px) Image search: [Google]
elf gunslinger.png
553KB, 846x965px
>>52046227
I personally like to play tinker-type characters when i work with guns. It quickly explains away the problem of being an individual with a gun in a world that doesn't have them be very common. It doesn't always work, but it's better than nothing.
>>
>>52046237
Our Sorcerer got hit by Destruction
Was not pretty
>>
>>52046227
Is that some kind of German Lady Eboshi?
>>
>>52046130
Depends on the setting. I use armor as DR, guns everywhere, and guns as martial weapons at 25% base gp cost for ammo and weapons to help simulate a quasi-napoleonic era style fantasy.

The game has a much more Xcom-like feel, with most people taking potshots against foes, cover, a lot of prepared actions, and melee fights running trench-busting operations.
>>
File: 1241260362004.jpg (97KB, 1150x600px) Image search: [Google]
1241260362004.jpg
97KB, 1150x600px
How viable would a Goblin Gunslinger be?
>>
File: rangers.jpg (46KB, 412x460px) Image search: [Google]
rangers.jpg
46KB, 412x460px
>>52046273
I think Iron Kingdoms is the limit of technology for me
Guns are "advanced", but never become modern if you know I mean.
I am against the cowboy flavor.
>>
>>52046352
I feel much the same Anon. If only guns were half decent in Pathfinder, lel.
>>
>>52046237

GM cancelled last minute.

This is the second time they've done that in a month's span.

:/
>>
>>52046338
>+4 Dexterity
There's your answer.
>>
>>52046237
My players encountered a several hundred feat long human headed autistic hairy snake outsider who told them "not to be crushed between the struggle of two petty gods".
>>
>>52046338
>+4 Dex
>Small
>One feat lets them use medium sized firearms at no penalty

I always thought about playing a goblin gunslinger who was a hunter that was famous for taking down "big game" among his people. Big game being, like, horses.
>>
File: kawaii as fuck.jpg (256KB, 1194x649px) Image search: [Google]
kawaii as fuck.jpg
256KB, 1194x649px
>>52046431
>Big game being, like, horses.
And like, he's famous among his people for bringing down this creatures that everyone else considers mundane.
That's just too fucking kawaii!
>>
>>52046237
Went pretty well. My character managed to seduce one of the BBEG's lieutenants (a half-elf Slayer) and supposedly she's going to help us take down her boss. On the other hand, it's also possible she in fact seduced my character and is planning to lead us into a trap. It's hard to say exactly what happened. We'll find out next week I suppose.
>>
>>52046338
Honestly they're one of the strongest gunslinger races.
>>
>>52046436
Suwako like the curse-goddess?
>>
>>52046130
You know what always baffled me, aside from the fact that guns are OBSCENELY EXPENSIVE FOR NO REAL REASON? There's magic enchantments to have infinite ammo, but somehow a gun can still misfire with it. Also that guns aren't just magitek in the first place.
>>
>>52046512
Commonplace Guns: While still expensive and tricky to wield, early firearms are readily available. Instead of requiring the Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat, all firearms are martial weapons. Early firearms and their ammunition cost 25% of the amounts listed in this book, but advanced firearms and their ammunition are still rare and cost the full price to purchase or craft.

Guns Everywhere: Guns are commonplace. Early firearms are seen as antiques, and advanced firearms are widespread. Firearms are simple weapons, and early firearms, advanced guns, and their ammunition are bought or crafted for 10% of the cost listed in this chapter. The gunslinger loses the gunsmith class feature and instead gains the gun training class feature at 1st level.
>>
File: 1410439203733.gif (931KB, 301x240px) Image search: [Google]
1410439203733.gif
931KB, 301x240px
Me and my GM are having trouble with the kineticist class, specifically burn and the "slow burn" variant feature presented in Psionics Augmented - Kineticist.
Regular burn makes you take a point of burn (which is = non lethal damage equal to your level and cannot be healed until you rest). However slow burn lets you take about 1 point of burn per 2 levels, and then if you get 3 points of burn in you you reduce the price of burn for EVERY SINGLE ABILITY by 1, effectively nullifying the cost of most abilities, but not infusions or blasts. Oh and with slow burn you can't take burn points any other way but by this specific feature.

Now I'm kind of ok with that since I was hoping to go more for crowd control, versatility and utility, but GM is against it and this is his arguement:
"its encouragement of getting more use out of low-burn abilities is highly contradictory to the idea that as you level up you get access to higher-levelled powers
it still shackles you to the same punishing burn HP damage progression
from a design perspective, slow burn means that either it costs too much burn and everthing is useless, or it costs too little burn and everything is free. the sweet spot in between is so small as to be near invisible."

Is he right? Did we gloss over anything? Because I don't want to retrain my character completely and lose the ability to smash people each other with telekinesis.
>>
>>52046539
Yes, and? That doesn't stop them from being obscenely expensive by default, and still overpriced with those rules.
>>
>>52046338
Probably one of the best options you can go with, especially since they don't even have a penalty to a stat you'd care about. They make amazing snipers too, thanks to the massive stealth bonus.
>>
>>52046452

Taking down a bear would be like us taking down a dragon!
>>
File: worglbl.jpg (83KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
worglbl.jpg
83KB, 960x540px
>>52046482
Yes.
>>
>>52046596
by default they are class ability
>>
>>52046618
>by default they're retardedly designed
>"yea but that's how they're designed"

what are you getting at
>>
>>52046629
that you are wrong to think there is no reason
>>
Still looking for players for a E8/P8 Pathfinder game that'll be set on Noiralog or Eberron or possibly both via a spelljammer or something, iunno. (Probably will do the spelljammer idea tho because you can't ever go wrong with including a spelljammer)

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71015/a-generic-pathfinder-adventure-title
>>
>>52046650
>E8
>>
>>52046650
How do you feel about Warforged characters? I was thinking of a warforged character concerned with "the nature of the soul".
>>
>>52046616
Cute, cute!
>>
>>52046694
I'm completely fine about Warforged characters. There's even a PF conversion of the Warforged (And the other races etc) here:

https://sites.google.com/site/eberronpathfinder/conversion-info/races/warforged
>>
>>52046591
>its encouragement of getting more use out of low-burn abilities is highly contradictory to the idea that as you level up you get access to higher-levelled powers

What the hell?
Has he even looked at the kineticist class abilities?

The amount of burn a normal kineticist can take only scales with their constitution, not their class level.
For utility talents, the burn cost of higher level abilities is NOT higher than the cost of lower level abilities.
You already need to be high enough level to choose them in the first place. Once you have your first point of free burn reduction, you aren't gated from using any higher level abilities you'll be able to get access to.

Slow Burn does sacrifice a kineticist's nova potential, but is a net buff to the kineticist.
This is a good thing because of how lackluster the base class is.
>>
Eagle said that he would do reviews of your app if you pm him!!
>>
>>52046724
>The amount of burn a normal kineticist can take only scales with their constitution, not their class level.
Slowburn scales it with level though. Level 1-2 you can only take one point of burn (and this is primarily for the Avant Guard archetype, which I am but want to switch out of), then at level 3-4 2 points, level 5-6 3 points and so forth.
>>
>>52046767
inb4 that was just a random Anon and Eagle wonders why the fuck he's getting a dozen PMs.
>>
>>52046796
Hey guys, this kind of shit is not cool.
>>
>>52046645
Having a shitty reason does not constitute having a real reason, and I still don't know what you're getting at by acting as though it is.
>>
>>52046816
It what happens when you don't use a trip code. ;3
>>
>>52046775
Yes.

But you only get 'free' burn once you hit level 5 - it was designed for the Avant Guard to scale with their construct, and if you're a normal kineticist having slow burn is a flat restriction with zero benefit before you hit level 5.

I... don't see why Slow Burn having scaling is a problem? Isn't that exactly what your DM wants to happen?

Avant Guard is good though why do you want to lose that
>>
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4691090/character-creation-rules/?pageforid=4734739#post-4734739

>>52046839
I refuse
>>
>>52046842
For me personally it's cost-benefit kind of situation. I can acquire talents that can mess with my foes and deal more damage than my Magnum Opus can, but if I spend more burn for the MO I become more and more squishy. I mean it's a great archetype but it's not for me.
I think there might have been a miss-understanding, I'm kind of uncertain what he meant when he presented his arguement to me, maybe I should take the benefit of the doubt and see if he got something confused as well.
>>
I dislike Gestalt.

Gestalt characters can either be build 2 ways, wide or tall. Wide gestalt makes a character highly versatile, tall makes them highly specialized and powerful at their gimmick.

Tall Gestalt means that no one can participate where anyone else is tall because the difference is just too big. Also their bonus will be high enough that it trivializes many encounters unless you just jack up the opponent's numbers in response.

Wide gestalt means in parties larger than 2-3 people will overlap hugely. This means that you simply have a lot of people who do the same things.

Neither of these are desirable. I can't see the reasoning for Gestalt in a party larger than 3. On /pfg/ I see it in parties of six, SIX.

I see it cause so many problems around here because people get angry at big numbers when people build tall and parties can't be built properly when people build wide.

It just seems silly. Especially when folks complain about "unreasonable" numbers when rules are something like Gestalt, 35PB, Bonus Feat Track, etc. It goes past "reasonable" into silly power level.
>>
>>52046876
NANI?
>>
>>52046876
>https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4691090/character-creation-rules/?pageforid=4734739#post-4734739
Eagle, who is the least fuckable app?
>>
>>52047071
Wouldn't that be decided by your own preference? Like least fuckable to me and least fuckable to say Rory could very well be two entirely different people.
>>
>>52047022
I'm planning on running a Small-Group game, with maybe 2-3 players, I agree with you. For a 2-3 player game, gestalt works fine. I'd modify it and give a few extra feats at 2 and every 3 levels thereafter but otherwise, 20pb Gestalt seems reasonable to me.
>>
>>52047116
I'm asking SEagle yo, I want to know what he thinks.
>>
>>52047145
Oh. Very well then. Carry on.
>>
>>52047022
You're absolutely right about everything you said, but you need to understand that an effective Pathfinder character by default can only be built wide or tall in the first place.

Gestalt is basically accepting that Pathfinder is broken and no amount of feat tax rules or martial bonuses is going to fix it, so you might as well go wild and let people build whatever interesting roleplay concepts or mechanical concepts they can. It arguably balances itself out better than the default too, because the strongest get less mileage out of gestalt than anyone else due to what makes a class good.
>>
>>52047178
>
Gestalt is basically accepting that Pathfinder is broken and no amount of feat tax rules or martial bonuses is going to fix it, so you might as well go wild and let people build whatever interesting roleplay concepts or mechanical concepts they can.
You're throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

>It arguably balances itself out better than the default too, because the strongest get less mileage out of gestalt than anyone else due to what makes a class good.
It really doesn't, only a moron things gestalt is more balanced than base pathfinder.
>>
>>52047145
Least fuckablebis your mom.

Though if I jad to get a serious answer.

Errakus, lil bugger might be cute; but he's still technically a rotting mutant anathema to all durgens
>>
>>52047218
SEagle bringing the bantz
>>
/pfg/ what would happen if Aroden suddenly appears, turns out the date of his return got screwed up and all the chaos that happened after his disappearance was just caused by everyone panicking instead of his divine essence being lost.

He asks you to explain what happened while he was gone. What do you say?
>>
>>52047194
Ever hear the phrase a rising tide raises all ships
>>
>>52047254
>He asks you to explain what happened while he was gone. What do you say?

Shit's fucked, Cheliax thought you'd never come back and panicked a little.
>>
File: My Smile.jpg (180KB, 813x407px) Image search: [Google]
My Smile.jpg
180KB, 813x407px
>>52047022
You know why I want to play a gestalt character? Because I had a GM who desperately wanted to do a 1-on-1 campaign, but kept getting frustrated when he realized I would never be able to cover all my bases alone. He never would follow through on allowing it, though, and the whole thing fell through, leaving me sitting here with half a dozen possible ridiculous messes of builds that I'll never get to play.

Gestalt in a 3+ player group is ridiculous and silly, and that only becomes worse when you add in PoW, fuck I'm so sick of gestalt always being paired with PoW and I even like the IDEA of PoW. It's hard enough finding complimentary classes normally, now I have to narrow down my selection EVEN MORE if I want to have a fighty side to me? Fuck, dude.
>>
>>52047254
Well, first I'd have to ask him why he decided to stop powering all of his clerics for all these years
>>
>>52047254
Asmodeus has taken the charge of leading humanity into it's destined golden future. Sorry senpai, you got cucked.
>>
Okay, Dragon2 apps and how fuckable they are. Can't believe I'm actually doing this, but figure I'll list those nearly-completed based on a scale of "I would utterly demolish that" to "Actively makes me soft". Just remember that this is based purely on physical traits.

Five Stars: Calsicahedrix, Lythinex, Mercedes, Raine
Four Stars: Aisha, Aurora, Irving, Ivelia, Marianne, Rinka, Ulfric
Three Stars: Forte, Kardzaros, Tamrir, Xen, Yoichi
Two Stars: Brejik, Kabouite, Rory, Vorelira
One Star: Errakus, Korkazak, Philo, Rorymei
>>
>>52047254

>Aroden bursts out of Iomedae's stomach like an adorable, divine xenomorph.
>>
>>52047254
Aroden's return would fuck so many things over.

I would tell him Iomedae tried to fill his rather large shoes and it didn't work plus she pissed Asmodeus off, Cayden is still a lazy shit, Norburger is still a shit head, Rovagug is still in the cage, the world wound closed somehow, and things generally haven't gone great.
>>
>>52047284
>a rat that high

Pure degeneracy
>>
>>52047260
Except the ones that sink. Which is half the apps.
>>
>>52047305
Just put out the lights and tell her to call you Kazuma.
>>
I haven't taken a look at the gun rules for PF, but is a swashbuckling duelist possible? I guess, akin to real pirates? You go into a fight with pistols strapped to everywhere, and fire as needed?
>>
>>52047313
What does that have to do with balance
>>
>>52047284
>One Star: Errakus, Korkazak, Philo, Rorymei
Why did these four fail? Was it on purpose? What is wrong with them in your opinion?
>>
>>52047194
Anon, let's try to be reasonable instead of being a baby and assuming you're right by default.

Fact of the matter is that it brings the bottom line way up, barely scratching the top. The difference between a well-built Wizard and a well-built Wizard/Cleric, Wizard/Barbarian, Wizard/Obscure 3pp really isn't that significant because a Wizard is a living god anyways. Gestalt does throw the core game mechanics into a loop, but it allows you to make weaker classes which would be virtually unplayable usable by moving their tools into better kits. The guys who hover in the middle will usually already have enough action economy options in the first place that a gestalt patches their holes and turns them on earlier rather than pushes them into godhood.

Gestalt can lend into ridiculous number spiking, and that's the kind of shit a DM has to deal with on their end, but action economy has always been the name of the game, and this brings everyone closer together in that regard.
>>
>>52047284
>The shapeshifters are this low.

Anon...
>>
>>52047284

Calsicahedrix is in a category all her own.

She's a sultry cabaret singer with a figure that would make Amalthea blush, she's got it all.
>>
>>52047274
He was off crusading for humanity elsewhere that direly needed it, his wifi was terrible
>>
>>52047332
That's not a failing grade, they just turn me off.
>Weird little mutant who's too little to actually do anything with
>DHB's latest self-loathing uggo
>wow, it's fucking nothing
>gender-confused slut boy
>>
>>52047298
Cayden wasn't even AROUND when Aroden was a thing, was he?
>>
File: 1397507311836.jpg (446KB, 843x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1397507311836.jpg
446KB, 843x1034px
>>52047372
>He was off crusading for humanity elsewhere that direly needed it

>Aroden was off being the God-Emperor for a couple centuries.
>>
>>52047354
>tfw when you also had an idea for a dragon princess bard in a different way but are having to seriously consider changing out the bard half for something else because Calsicahedrix is obviously the hotter pick
>>
>>52047347
>The difference between a well-built Wizard and a well-built Wizard/Cleric, Wizard/Barbarian, Wizard/Obscure 3pp really isn't that significant because a Wizard is a living god anyways
The difference between a Wizard and a Wizard/Warder is massive because water removes the one weak point a wizard has, his defense. Wizard defense is shit because they have no class feature support for their saves and minimal for their HP and AC unless they have time to cast and prepare, and even then it doesn't make the difference. A wizard forced into combat If you say "lel wizards don't do combat" fuck off because avoiding every combat NEVER FUCKING HAPPENS in an actual game has to fear failing saves because his saves are dumpster tier. A Wizard/Warder feels no fear because of counters and how counters work.
>>
>>52047381

You could be a duet.

A dueling duet.

Be the Devola to her Popola.
>>
>>52047376

He absolutely was. There hasn't been a new god in centuries, and Aroden died 100 years ago.
>>
>>52047385
>wizard
>weak defense

Just wrong

And being a warder doesn't suddenly make them able to cast in full plate
>>
>>52047376
Cayden ascended in 2765 AR, Aroden disappeared for the last time in 4606. They coexisted for over a thousand years.
>>
File: Misc_16.png (742KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Misc_16.png
742KB, 1024x576px
>>52047391
>Be the Devola to her Popola.
>mfw
>>
Has the Friday RotJR group completely given up on posting greentexts? Lately I've only been seeing recaps from the Saturday group.
>>
>>52047420
I'm not talking about AC you moron I'm talking about saves.

Wizards have dumpster tier saving throws. They have no class feature support for their saves, have one good save, their casting stat is not a saving throw stat, and almost no spells on their spell list buffs saving throws (the ones that do give them hardly anything).

Wizard saves are laughable tier.
>>
>>52047411
>100 years ago.

Fucking really.

Goddamnit Paizo how the fuck did you have your ancient civilization fuck itself in the ass only a hundred years ago?
>>
>>52047452
You clearly don't know how to play a wizard
>>
>>52047473
Ancient civilization? The Azlanti were largely wiped out in Earthfall except for Aroden. That was -5293 AR.
>>
>>52047473

Cheliax started worshiping Satan barely 80 years ago.

The continental empire in Tian Xia collapsed 100 years ago.

Brevoy was founded 200 years ago.
>>
>>52047473
Azlant fell a fucking long time ago, it fell before Aroden raised the starstone 4000 years ago.
>>
>>52047488
Not that guy, but I hope you are not going to suggest item crafting
>>
>>52047488
And you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Please inform me without saying "lel I don't get into combat" how a wizard has decent saves.
>>
>>52047514
You don't need to avoid combat to avoid situations where you need to save
>>
File: 1455649022289.jpg (85KB, 800x828px) Image search: [Google]
1455649022289.jpg
85KB, 800x828px
>mfw I realize the only reason I took one half of a gestalt is to get a scaling bonus to skills
>mfw I have no intention of really using the rest of the gestalt
>>
>>52047385
>>52047452
If your Wizard has poor survival as early as 1, on a 20 point buy, you seriously have no business talking about balance because you don't know what you're doing with optimization. The assumption if you're complaining about gestalt breaking things is that we're going the mile on full game optimization.

If you're stuck with a single good save, Will is arguably the best one to have. Even if you hold that a good Fortitude is more important, a Wizard can afford a much easier time picking that up on their progression. Classes with two good saves often run into more issues than Wizards on keeping up due to spreading out their wealth, you just need 14 DEX/14 CON, a preparation of Mage Armor early on, and the usual pick ups on your wondrous items, without mentioning at all what an easy time you have sparing feats and features towards your defense.
>>
Tfw may never stuff Aurora till she ahegaos
>>
>>52047533
Ok, tell me how you avoid the situation where you need to make a saving throw. There is an enemy caster, you're level 5, he casting Howling Agony targeting you. How do you avoid it?
>>
>>52047514
It was easier in 3.5 when they started releasing things like superior resistance and greater mage armor, but in Pathfinder there's still resistance, protection from alignment, and stat-boosting spells. Plus magic item creation feats that let you snap Wealth-by-Level over your knee and get a far better cloak of resistance than you would otherwise have.
>>
>>52047541
Not to mention you can even actually take save boosting feats and traits and fit them in your build
>>
>>52047561
You can't really do that, but what you can do is to summon a monster or charm the fighter next to him, and keep him in melee combat so that he has to spend his attention (and actions) on getting out of that mess before he can worry about you.
>>
>>52047541
Oh I'm fucking laughing.

Sure, there are other classes with no support for their saving throws, but there are classes with huge fucking support. Barbarian, Bloodrager, and Paladin are the best in this regard.

>The assumption if you're complaining about gestalt breaking things is that we're going the mile on full game optimization.

No that's not what I'm responding to. I'm responding to the statement that a wizard + warder isn't a massive upgrade to just wizard. Or a wizard + harbinger.
>>
>>52047561
I avoid making myself targetable in the first place, there's about 100 ways to do this
>>
>it is another "my flying invisible wizard will summon monsters from other side of the planet" fight
pfg working like clockwork
>>
>>52047562
That isn't a fucking answer. Like I said that's gonna give you a tiny fucking bonus.

>>52047581
>summon a monster
Oh you mean the exact thing he can do to you. But on fucking know, you somehow still cast spells. An enemy caster can do the fucking same you cock sucker. If you're able to avoid situations where you can't cast spells so can an enemy caster. Fucking neck yourself. God damn.

>charm the fighter
I hope you fucking mean "dominate person" because the next person who says "charm" is mind control needs to be shot.

Also attacking an ally is "against its nature" for almost every fucking creature:
>Subjects resist this control, and any subject forced to take actions against its nature receives a new saving throw with a +2 bonus.
>>
>>52047628
thats how wizards work.
>>
>>52047603
Name them.

You're invisible? See invisibility is a low level spell that an enemy casters knows and would employ.

Name your ways that you are untargetable at level 5. Actually do so because just saying "there are tons of ways to do it" is a cop out.
>>
>>52046237
My Monk/vigilante died without being able to avenge her tribe, killed by a skinwalker in a basement beneath an old guard tower because our bard and psychic had neither offence nor healing items of any kind.
>>
SoM PLAYTEST 4 WHEN?
>>
>>52047658
That is how your wizards work.
>>
>>52047628
Two hours until the Str-vs-Dex argument starts.
>>
File: feel dog.jpg (265KB, 778x651px) Image search: [Google]
feel dog.jpg
265KB, 778x651px
>>52047667
My condolences, anon-chan.
>>
Has anyone here actually played in a game where they were a wizard who avoided all combat, never engaged in anything, and hid in his demiplane away from enemies while summoning monster armies to get the adventure done?

Have any of you actually done that?

Fucking first of all that's some high level shit I am talking about below level 10 play, where most play occurs.
>>
Does anyone have the starjammer PDF already?

(or even preview starfinder stuff?)
>>
>>52047680
If I see a Dex build, I immediately start reading up on the Encumberance rules.
>>
>>52047658
That is not how a level 5 wizard works.
>>
>>52046650
I'm interested but it's nearly 4 weeks away, I got time to think about what I want to make and I'm hoping the new SoM preview comes out before then.
>>
>>52047667
Have your GM bring him back as a Wendigo.
>>
>>52047680
How is it any sort of argument?

With Feat Tax Rules there's literally no reason not to pump Dex and dump Str. It's like saying "Oh look, it's the Pile of Cold Dog Shit vs Delicious Pizza argument again!"
>>
>>52047650
>dominate person
Yeah, pretty much. Suggestion would probably work too.

>An enemy caster can do the fucking same
So you don't want to know how to avoid making saves at all. Suddenly you reveal that you want to know how to win against a GM who does exactly what you do as you do it.

I'll allow that you are pointing out the main weakness of a wizard--that they need to be able to cast in the first place--but that's easily solved with stealth, surprise, and having a high initiative bonus, and really, every character benefits from those.

But it seems like every time someone gives you an answer, no matter what it is, you either go
>kys loser lel i win
Or you just say
>n-no, I mean, uh, it's actually like this so you're still wrong!
>>
>>52047725
>Running ahead of schedule
>>
>>52047561
Counterspell.
>>
>>52047746
Soon we'll have a PoW is overpowered argument!
>>
>>52047378
Papa Emp always needs a left and right hand man. Aroden and Zarus can be both hands.
>>
>>52047725
sure there is, 1.5 str to damage

If you're 2handing, accept no substitutes, STR or gtfo
>>
>>52047777

Archery is incidentally also str-centric if you want to do real damage.
>>
File: BitchofaSituation.png (205KB, 540x293px) Image search: [Google]
BitchofaSituation.png
205KB, 540x293px
>it's another "all wizards are godwizards" episode
>it's simultaneously another "it's shit because a wizard could get benefit from it" episode
>stacked on top of a "nobody kept track of the actual point" episode
>with a "I'm going to spout pointless bullshit as fact yet again!" episode being advertised as running next >>52047725

some good, quality stuff right here
>>
>>52047729
Literally you are fighting any other caster. If you're saying you can cast a spell then they can do the same thing to cast a spell. You can't really avoid the saving throws. Unless you're saying you're always a divination wizard and never fail a saving throw, always disable the enemy turn 0, and never let them cast a spell, you're gonna to fucking have to make saving throws.

>Yeah, pretty much. Suggestion would probably work too.
>suggestion can make you attack your allies
No it fucking can't.
>The suggestion must be worded in such a manner as to make the activity sound reasonable. Asking the creature to do some obviously harmful act automatically negates the effect of the spell.
If attacking your allies is not a "obviously harmful act" then I don't fucking know what GM you are running with. Fuck.
>>
>>52047798
thats true

So there's your STR builds

Archery and 2handing
>>
>>52047725
You still want 13 STR for Cut from the Air/Smash from the Air
>>
>>52047717
I'm considering having her make a deal with Asmodeus to return as rage incarnate with a grudge against the psychic who fled and left the party to be eaten
>>
>>52047817
another excellent point

Dexfags getting blasted out everywhere
>>
>>52047808

Let's not forget that using str for intimidation is a thing that is easily gained.

So you can do battlefield control, archery, and melee.

Though str is better as a secondary to dex with control builds, though this massively reduces the raw value of dex.
>>
>>52047714
Well, it's more that the "Four weeks away" thing is the deadline for character apps/finding people that are interested, and i'll allow character revision if the new SoM preview comes out after the deadline, so, don't worry about it not being out, as long as you get an interesting character concept/idea applied i'll still look at it.
>>
>>52047847
Basically, STR has its place, Dex is definitely much better with feat tax rules, i won't disagree with that, but Str builds can do quite a bit too.
>>
>>52047729
>But it seems like every time someone gives you an answer, no matter what it is, you either go
Because literally every response hasn't read the spells they are suggesting or literally not offering an answer and just saying "there are tons of ways".
>>
>>52047687
>>52047706
An actual optimized level 1 Wizard can still destroys encounters with high system mastery limited mostly by the same chance everyone else suffers and spells per day and really isn't as fragile as people want to make it out to be. You'll easily have 9HP and 16AC after Mage Armour, which is fragile, but typically leaves you competent on your role. Your DC will be high enough that most enemies only beat your bullshit of choice about a sixth of the time. A DM who wants to stop you can, but that's true of anything.

5th level is the point where Wizards go from, "I'm a contributing member of the team" to "This is kind of bullshit guys". Depending on how much of a pushover your DM is, this is where breaking the economy starts to become viable. Assuming no magic crafting at all, you start hitting your battlefield manipulation starts to get stupid with summons and buffs.
>>
>>52047888
as a GM i've literally considered banning summoning outright

Its caaancer.
>>
>>52047873

Dex is better in all regards with feat tax rules, excepting archery if you wanna do big damage on iterative attacks.
>>
>>52047806
Dead or unconscious creatures don't force saving throws. That holds true whether you're a wizard, or a fighter--which actually is likely to have worse saving throws than a wizard.

You have already ignored the fact that said enemy wizard would have to focus their attention on something else--summon, enchanted ally, another PC, whatever--and complained that they would still be targeting the PC wizard in question without regard to their own safety.

You are also now are arguing that preventing an enemy from casting spells at you, defeating them, and ending combat quickly and efficiently are all irrelevant because there is still a tiny risk that one would have to make a save. Not even succeed on a save, which any class could likely do unless it's something like a low-Wis rogue getting hit with an enchantment, just make a save.

Why don't you just tell us the question you actually want answered, rather than continue moving the goalposts?
>>
>>52047926
we've already outlined the situations where its not better

>Smash from the air chain
>wanting to twohand a weapon rather than onehand
>archery

please fugg off now.
>>
>>52047808
>>52047835
>>52047777
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo-fighter-archetypes/two-handed-fighter/ Double Str to damage, double 2H bonus with Power Attack instead of 1.5 for either. There is no substitute Dexbuilds have for this.
>>
>>52047817
I've never played with Weapon Mastery Feats, is Cut from the Air that great?
>>
>>52047958
How do you feel about never being hit by ranged attacks ever again and cutting spells in half because you're just that badass
>>
>>52047958
It's fantastic. Smash from the Air lets you smash ranged touch spells.
>>52047966
You'd need a respectable Dex score to get enough AoOs to "never" get hit, but yeah pretty much.
>>
>>52047725
>Trying to build a DEX character because I've been a STRfag all my life
>Now realizing the horror of having to track encumbrance
This is hell. I don't know if I'll ever DEX again.
>>
>>52047958
>>52047966
This, basically. Short of a natural 1, or the wizard rolling extremely high and you extremely low, with Cut from the Air/Smash from the Air you'll deny all ranged touch spells hitting you or adjacent allies for as long as you have AoOs left.
To boot, this also helps against ranged PoW initiators bursting.
>>
>>52047987
i mean thats what Muleback cords and Handy Haversacks are for.

Also the STRfags in the party
>>
>>52047982
i mean i was exaggerating but its pretty fucking great.
>>
>>52047375
>>DHB's latest self-loathing uggo
He looks jolly, what's the problem?
>>
>>52047982

Actually, there's a new fighter archetype that gets a STR-based Combat Reflexes feature.
>>
>>52047982
Play a High Guardian; at the small cost of your 1st, 2nd, and 4th-level feats, you get Bodyguard, In Harm's Way, STR-based Combat Reflexes, and several other neat benefits! Who needs DEX anymore when you can just attack the Fireball to negate it?
>>
>>52048011
>self-loathing
Just going by a trend, really. A good deal of his characters tend to be more than a little emo.

>uggo
Mostly 'cause I ain't into dwarves, but I also remember the hobgoblin and the fatass.
>>
>>52047987
At low levels a mule is cheap and can probably solo most CR1 things attacking it.

At higher levels handy haversacks and muleback cords. A 1000 item is cheaper than a +2 str or +2 dex item.
>>
>>52047941
>You have already ignored the fact that said enemy wizard would have to focus their attention on something else--summon, enchanted ally, another PC, whatever--and complained that they would still be targeting the PC wizard in question without regard to their own safety.
Because that is a situation literally both you and the enemy have to deal with. If you are able to cast spells the enemy caster can act in such a way similar to you so that he took can cast spells.

>
You are also now are arguing that preventing an enemy from casting spells at you, defeating them, and ending combat quickly and efficiently are all irrelevant because there is still a tiny risk that one would have to make a save. Not even succeed on a save, which any class could likely do unless it's something like a low-Wis rogue getting hit with an enchantment, just make a save.
>tiny risk
What fucking tiny risk? Is getting targeted by spells somehow uncommon in your games?

>. Not even succeed on a save, which any class could likely do unless it's something like a low-Wis rogue getting hit with an enchantment, just make a save.
If enemies have a chance of failing your saves because of your high DCs an enemy caster will have similar DCs. I'm saying a wizard's saves are low to the point that they have to feat failing them.

A level 5 wizard is gonna have a fort saves around +6-7 (+2 cloak, 14-16 con, +2 base). He is gonna have a bad time trying to make a DC 19 saving throw an enemy caster throws his way.

>Why don't you just tell us the question you actually want answered, rather than continue moving the goalposts?
I'm not moving them. I'm saying compared to other classes wizards have shit saves and situations where you never have to try and make a saving throw are highly unrealistic in an actual game.
>>
>>52047725
>>52047926
>Pile of Cold Dog Shit vs Delicious Pizza argument
>implying it isn't discussing the difference between frozen pizza and delivery

One is probably going to be a bit nicer, and is far easier, but both work just fine for their intended purposes.
>>
>insert a dexfag vs strfag fight webm or gif here
>>
>>52047941
>>52048086
ALSO, the fact that 3 of the 4 suggested spells thus far were being used incorrectly in their suggestion. The ways that the spell was suggested being used either would just not work, suggestion to attack your ally, or give them a new save with a bonus, dominate.

Summon monster takes a full round action, you're giving them a round to disable you and interrupt your spell casting with a direct debuff.

Who ever wins initiative will attempt to disable the other and wizards are in a poor place to pass the save for a debilitating spell.
>>
>>52047549

You can have Aurora, I'd rather do the singer.
>>
>>52048035
>>52048049
Yeah, I just remembered that Archetype was a fantastic thing.

Can't attack the Fireball though AFAIK. Needs to be a spell with an attack roll.
>>
File: dex vs str.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
dex vs str.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>52048111
>>
File: Wizard Mocks the Poor Martial.jpg (365KB, 1693x569px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard Mocks the Poor Martial.jpg
365KB, 1693x569px
>>52048111
>>
>>52047926

Eh, I dunno. If you go purely dex-based it's a lot easier for the GM to make certain innocuous elements in an encounter specifically to dick with you.

Being entangled hurts dex guys a lot more than strength guys, for one, and you'd be surprised how hard it is to avoid getting entangled if the GM has a mind to entangle you.

The rest depends on how anal your GM is about carrying capacity and how funny he thinks siccing shadows on weak characters is.
>>
File: spicier ice cream.gif (827KB, 350x437px) Image search: [Google]
spicier ice cream.gif
827KB, 350x437px
>>52048137
>tfw didn't know where this character came from, but now I do.

Thanks anon
>>
>>52048059
Punch fatty was handsome! HANDSOME!

He was literally Kingpin, who is a very handsome fat man
>>
>>52048179
>that clipping
>>
File: high impact sexual violence.png (201KB, 391x374px) Image search: [Google]
high impact sexual violence.png
201KB, 391x374px
>>52048122
As long as I get Rory.
>>
>>52048000
>>52048062
Cords are great but I'm awfully attached to my Cloak of Resistance.

Handy Haversack is also great, but my on-body weight bothers when I'm wearing Studded Leather and other necessary equipment on a 10 STR.

I think I might be able to get by an entire campaign on 12 STR though, so I put some points into it for... carrying capacity. Which sounded much less damning in my head than said out loud.
>>
>>52048183
Depends on the actor
I would a Michael Clarke Duncan Kingpin
>>
>>52048194
oh baby
>>
>>52048200
>Have the wizard graft the cords into the cloak (1500 gold instead of 1000 for the cords if you want to combine them to an item of equal or greater value)
>get Muleback Cords as a tattoo (2k, tattoos act like a second set of slots that stack, but are priced as slotless)
>>
>>52048194
that's a cute puppy
>>
>>52048201
Leave this place. And never return.
>>
>other people have themesongs in the dragons2 apps

i have felt to need to add one
>>
>>52048246
Yeah, yeah, I know. That movie was shit.

But oh lord, that voice.
>>
post seaman daemons.
>>
>>52048273
>look at songs called "Inferiority Complex"
>the only real result is a K-pop song
It don't think it really fits.
>>
>>52048273

...Is there something preventing you from doing so?
>>
File: 1459080312853.jpg (183KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1459080312853.jpg
183KB, 800x1067px
>>52048318
>>
File: Sahuagin-5e.png (233KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sahuagin-5e.png
233KB, 480x360px
>>52048318
>>
>>52048354
Finding one
>>
>>52048356
Is that a bakeneko tiefling with high Con?
>>
>>52048369
Just steal one from a game you like or something.
>>
File: 1479287247217.jpg (90KB, 1115x717px) Image search: [Google]
1479287247217.jpg
90KB, 1115x717px
>>52048371
Something to that degree>>52048318
>>
>>52048383
its true, thats the best solution

its what I did for Rinka
>>
I plan on making a gunslinger
what races are best for this?
(I have to use an array unfortunately, either 18, 16, 12, 12, 10, 9 or 16, 15, 14, 13, 13, 12.

What would be the best?
>>
>>52048415
>what races
Human or Tiefling. Human for bonus feat. Tief for prehensile tail to reload.
>>
>>52048415
Goblin. Use the first array.
7 Str, 22 Dex, 16 Wis, 12 Con, 12 Int, 8 Cha.
>>
>>52048371
I want that "High Con = Fat" meme to die. She looks pretty cuddly, though, but that is still too much for me.
>>
>>52048434
>>52048415
Goblin Gunslinger feat is a must then.
>>
>want to upwrap an old build I had for a /pfg/ game
>thrown weapons character theme'd around the phrase "my claws are long"
>build for max range javelin throw
>got it to a 800ft vital strike javelin
>build mainly works at level 8+
>can do other things besides javelin throw, but not super well
I can't find a game where it fits or would be welcome. The character is a Hurler Barbarian.

His story goes something like this:
>long ago, before his grandfather's grandfather's grandfather his ancestors looks up
>they look upon a great bird, wings outstretched at it glided on the upper airs
>jealously burned within him, and hunger, hunger for those wings
>and so he threw the first spear
>it fell short
>the next day he threw the spear again, and it fell short
>for years until he grew old and gray he would throw, always short
>on his death bed he passed the javelin to his son
>and he to his son
>and he to his son
>every member would read just barely closer
>each generation would have their javelin fly just a little farther
>then one fateful day long after the original hunter's bones had turned to dust the javelin brushed the top of the bird's wing
>the man knew his own son would slay the bird
>on the day the bird fell they found it far larger, far grander, than they ever dreamed, the clan pulled free the spear of bone, bathed in the blood of the great beast of the air
>they plucked the great bird and made a cloak of its feathers
>these two weapons proved one family's long struggled triumph

The original Javelin was still in the character's possession, his goal was to endeavor to recover the cloak. The original build was for a mythic game where I spent my mythic powers on making the Javelin into a lesser artifact.

I have to ask if this sounds like a shit character or not, should I give up trying to fit it into a game?
>>
>>52048452
Not really. If you're planning to go Pistolero and TWF with revolvers, a 1d8 over a 1d6 isn't worth a feat to me.
>>
>>52048446
You know those common examples of Int vs Wis?

I want to see some examples of Str vs Con.

>High Str, Low Con
>High Str, High Con
>Low Str, High Con
>Low Str, Low Con
>>
>>52048137

Yang is best girl.
>>
>>52048490
>High Str, Low Con
Skips leg day?
>>
>>52048490
>High Str, Low Con
Folks who lift a LOT but don't practice cardio as much
>High Str, High Con
Charles fuckin' Atlas
>Low Str, High Con
Marathon runners
>Low Str, Low Con
(you)
>>
>building hobgoblin
>base Str/Con/Dex is 16/18/18

What does the physique of someone like that look like?
>>
>>52048529
Like the lovechild of Charles Atlas and Usain Bolt.
>>
>>52048473
I like it a lot.
>>
>>52048490
>High Str, Low Con
Joe Glass.

>High Str, High Con
The Hulk. Can rip people limb from limb, shrug off advanced weaponry, and go for hours.

>Low Str, High Con
Anime protagonists that get smacked across the room, but still manage to get up.

>Low Str, Low Con
Your average Fa/tg/uy
>>
>>52048529
>>
>>52048490
>>High Str, Low Con
Zyzz
>>
>>52048390
How do you feel about the Deceiver Rogue from Bloodforge Infusions, my dude?
>>
>>52048573

Go for it
>>
>>52048583
Well, I guess my bullshit is not quite dead after all.
Wait shit, you allowed Legendary Rogue, didn't you? They probably could work, just have to actually read up on it.
>>
>>52048473
Shit that sounds cool.
>>
>>52048473
It'd make for a better novel then for a character in an adventurer about big tittied anime sluts and kisune shota traps.
>>
>>52048473
Maybe you could apply to the Curse game as a Shoanti, urbanized by Korvosan settlement but still attached to his heritage and traditions.
>>
>>52048484
So what should I get for Pistolero Goblin Gunslinger.
>>
>>52048689
I considered just playing him straight as a Shoanti come down to Korvosa because he heard the cloak ended up there. Basically he spent time chasing rumors and they lead to Korvosa. Where the cloak is in Korvosa however he has no clue.

>>52048687
I am unsure what you mean. I am worried the character concept attempts to pull too much spotlight.
>>
>>52048708
Precise Shot first and foremost.
>>
>>52048732
>>52048732
>pull too much spotlight.

That's what I'm saying you pooper sniffer.
>>
>>52048751
Oh no! A game might focus on a hero's quest instead of jacking of a kitsune shota! The fucking horror.
>>
>>52048732
>pull too much spotlight
I see this concern now and again but I've always felt like "stealing the show" is a matter of play and not flavour.

Every character should have a strong motivation and personal hook for DMs to build off of, you know?
>>
>>52048708
Well first you figure out if Revolvers are a thing in your GM's setting since they're advanced firearms.

Otherwise just go the standard Gunslinger build. Precise Shot, Point Blank if Feat Tax aren't in play, Rapid Shot, Rapid Reload.

Weapon Focus, Dazzling Display, and Gun Twirling so you can free action sheathe revolvers, reload, and redraw.

5 levels of Pistolero is enough, take some levels in Fighter for Weapon Training and Bonus Feats. Then do whatever.
>>
>Dragons 2
>In Thuvia
>And taking place mostly in Garund
>Not a single native to be seen

Wowzers
>>
>>52048775
>Every character should have a strong motivation and personal hook for DMs to build off of, you know?

If only all DMs did this.
>>
File: cloak.jpg (70KB, 564x671px) Image search: [Google]
cloak.jpg
70KB, 564x671px
>>52048775
I also had the idea to make him a bit less special is he is the third of many brothers. He is chasing one possible thread of where the cloak went. The main family speak is back with his clan up north, and the one he carries was given to him when he reached manhood. At the same time he was sent out, like his brothers, to pursue the cloak for five years before returning to the clan. The family would have been hunting the cloak for half a century to reunite it with the spear.

Conceptually the cloak is supposed to look like pic related.
>>
>>52048786
>The Demesne is located in both Thuvia and Taldor due to magic
>Most of the characters are natives to there before anywhere else
>>
>>52048775
>>52048824
>Every character should have a strong motivation and personal hook for DMs to build off of, you know?
I think so as well, but am worried because in the past I have seen most GMs seeing a character with a very strong personal goal as more of a burden.
>>
File: 1442396360157.png (205KB, 679x943px) Image search: [Google]
1442396360157.png
205KB, 679x943px
>>52048774
What about kitsune shota being cute on his hero's quest? Stories can be good with animu kitsune shotas in them!
>>
>>52048839
i hope you die
>>
>>52048839
Cute things are cute. Can't argue with that.
>>
>>52047864
It's more that I'm really looking forward to some of the new SoM that haven't been previewed yet and it could drastically change what kind of character I want to play.
>>
>>52048782
Just asked and he said only early exist so far.

What would you recommend then?
>>
New dagrons2 app up

Edgy shadow dagron
>>
>>52048839
>>52048824
So let's get a poll going /pfg/.

What would you rather have as a party member?

The Shoanti warrior sent south to try and recover a lost artifact of his clan?

or a Kitsune shota trap?
>>
>>52048786
The Demesne opens up unto two places.

A fucking desert with nothing in it, and Taldor.

Guess which will have more people coming from it.
>>
>Dragon 2 has a waifu monopoly over the other /pfg/ games
This needs to be stopped.
>>
>>52048913
Make a strawpoll.
Kitsune will win.
>>
>>52047284
>Raine

He has no personality, literally.
>>
>>52048913
The Shoanti, but I would like to say that I'd probably consider a kitsune loli reverse-trap over him.

Shota kitsune are always really obnoxious.
>>
>>52048913
If there was a kitsune shota trap in my party, I'd ditch the group
>>
>>52048898
What the fuck is an "Atomic Adept"
>>
>>52047354
And she's shipped with Korkazak, it's perfect.
>>
File: 1480212653983.png (1MB, 1314x1856px) Image search: [Google]
1480212653983.png
1MB, 1314x1856px
>>52048913
Both of these can be either bland and uninspired or fun and well done. The player counts more than his character.

I would pick kitsune shotqa trap because in the worst case he would at least be molestable.
>>
>>52048931
>mfw Rory wandered into the Demesne from Thuvia
>>
>>52048913
The shoanti might be aggravating if he's too far off from the tone and style of the campaign.

The kitsune shota might actually have more to his character than his appearance and could end up being a character with surprising depth.

This choice has way too many variables to just be made on the spur of the moment.
>>
>>52048960
fucked if i know
>>
>>52048898
He just wants mommy to acknowledge him again and give him pats on the head!
>>
>>52048976
>>52048970
>>52048953
>>52048951
>>52048934
>http://www.strawpoll.me/12478364

Let's jam
>>
>>52048962
DHB plz
>>
>>52048931
??

Please, there's a perfectly fine waifu in PFGHV... If you don't mind getting murdered?

So thats not great.

Uhh..

I guess there's waifus in RotJR?
>>
>>52048887
Ah, right, forgot the new playtest was gonna add new options. Y'did check out the feat tax reduction rules and stuff the game is gonna use as well, right? Since it'll probably make a lot more character concepts/ideas viable instead of "Welp can't do this because of E8."
>>
>>52048960
>Gonzo 2 is allowed
>what the fuck is Atomic Adept
Are you retarded anon? Did you at least read the rules for your latest waifu shitshow?
>>
>>52049000
The NTRDwarf meme never dies. It only gets better with age, like the dwarf.
>>
>>52049004
>I guess there's waifus in RotJR?
Oh lord are there. Too bad for Friday that they got the dregs.
>>
>>52048946
Cause I've been lazing about like a bum and working on other characters.

It'll probably be fully done by the end of this week. At which point I'll poke Eagle about it.
>>
>>52049005
Oh yes, the fancy "gestalt" rules have me intrigued for sure. Right now I'm thinking maybe to try out DHB's Unchained Fighter but that is very much not set in stone until I see the new SoM material, which I thought is supposed to come out within the next week? Does anyone know for sure?
>>
>>52048998
>http://www.strawpoll.me/12478364
>Kitsune losing
What the fuck /pfg/?
>>
>>52049028
Friday has best waifus get out Saturdayposter
>>
I miss Raunchy season, Dragon season is a little bit too "much" for me, you know?
>>
>>52049060
The other option actually has something more than just appearance.
>>
>>52049060
there is still hope for man
>>
>>52049060
I like kitsune, but "Shota trap" is like two huge red flags.
>>
>>52049085
What about just "shota" or just "trap?"

>>
>>52046237

My kineticist "gained a stand." Having Greater Aether Elementals on tap is amazing. Especially since we're up against robots and lasers just pass right through them. Amazing scouting utility.

Also he can now use empowered thunderstorm blasts at will when he gathers energy. +27 to hit (16d6+37)*1.5 damage is pretty fun. My average damage with that is around 150, nothing to sneeze at. The thunderstorm blast is fluffed as a particle beam cannon.

The damage on my empowered furious electric blast is (8d6+31)*1.5 less 1d6 per subsequent target. Which, against robots is fucken amazing. I crit last session on hit number one for 300 points of electric damage after applying vulnerability.

I have to choose between the fun of using my STAND POWER and just doing a vanilla chain lightning blast or doing an empowered furious chain lightning blast or particle beam cannon. Either way its been really fun.
>>
File: 1474487846083.png (443KB, 940x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1474487846083.png
443KB, 940x1200px
>>52049028
Hey now they have, uh... Er. Quinn, I guess? Saboten is a Divine Whore, and the twins are children, fuck.
Do shapeshifters count in this equation?
>>
>>52049074
>>52049075
>>52049085
What if, stay with me here, what if, we made the Shoanti warrior, stay with me, into, get this, a muscle shota
>>
>>52049112
RED
FLAGS
>>
>>52049130
die
>>
>>52049064
Friday
>ghost bitch
>immature twins
>literal prostitute

Saturday
>cool big sis with a dark side
>strong, racked oni who likes to party but is so moe she gives you diabeetus
>thick smol and fluffy
>>
>>52049119
>Saboten is a Divine Whore, and the twins are children

you say those like they're bad things
>>
>>52049130
I want to stab you.
>>
>>52049130
So you're asking if we want Seht?
>>
>>52049009
>Are you retarded anon? Did you at least read the rules for your latest waifu shitshow?

I haven't autisitically memorized every fucking book that's allowed. Saying "it's from Gonzo" would have been sufficient.
>>
>>52049112
Shota have a lot of potential, though maybe not around /pfg/. Young characters are allowed a lot of mileage older characters might not.

I'VE NEVER SEEN ONE OF THESE, but I kind of like the idea of a fantasy setting character who's a trap. I don't like or care about transgender politics or whatever, but I feel like you might get some interesting things out of it. Someone who strictly identifies as male but adventures as a woman for some practical reason, or some reverse play on the female pretending to be male to fight thing.
>>
>>52049144
and PFG:HV

>Crazy samurai chick who might murder you but is also kinda hot but literally straight crazy
>Emo woobie torturegirl
>An actual goddamn lawyer
>>
>>52049179
>Shota have a lot of potential, though maybe not around /pfg/. Young characters are allowed a lot of mileage older characters might not.
Young characters do. Anyone who describes their character as a "shota" does not.
>>
>>52049144
And let's not forget the husbandos.

Friday
>grandstanding attention whore
>slender bishie and literal animal
>spaghetti-hemorrhaging brooding loner

Saturday
>daddy fetish bait
>muscular dudebro
>shotacon bait with a horse ready for all you size queens

Seriously, RotJR GM should have just picked one group, it would have been kinder to the Friday dregs to let 'em down easy.
>>
>>52046130
Guns don't scale with personal power so they should just be obscenely overpowered at lower levels but get progressively shittier the higher you go.
>>
>>52049227
>you can't get better at aiming

oh shit son, guess I'm an expert sniper now
>>
>>52049115
>having fun as a kineticist
Why would you go on the internet and tell lies anon.
>>
>>52049192
I wish people would understand this, same with loli.
>>
>>52049179
>Shota have a lot of potential, though maybe not around /pfg/. Young characters are allowed a lot of mileage older characters might not.

Whoever describes their young character as a "shota" or a "loli" needs to be taken out back and shot.
>>
>>52049179
I once played a court jester character who started dressing and acting like a woman cause nobles of the courts took better to be insulted or made fun of by a female then by a dood, and it became such a habit for him that he started going everywhere as the female version of himself.

So he went on an adventure with some others, at first glance making it seem like because she had nothing else better to do, but in actuality was because he had wanted to find a spell or someone who could split the other version of himself into her own being, as they had went on so long they almost literally became two people sharing one body.
>>
>>52049242
Getting better at aiming is just raising your attack roll bonus, not actually doing more damage. A gun does the same damage whether it's a peasant firing it or a heroic sniper, that's its main strength.
>>
File: 1264823385629.jpg (63KB, 282x235px) Image search: [Google]
1264823385629.jpg
63KB, 282x235px
I'm genuinely debating learning 5E so that this isn't my general.
>>
>>52049273
While I feel for you, 5e probably isn't the system you want to run to.
>>
>>52049266
agreed.
>>
File: i am so done.jpg (19KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
i am so done.jpg
19KB, 398x398px
>>52049202

>bland as fuck babyface

And THAT, of all things, is now /pfg/'s designated love interest for Best Girl.
Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>52049273
there's no hope here, just give in.
>>
>>52049293
>best girl

wrong tho
>>
>>52049273
Learn something else. It's only a matter of time before /5eg/ looks like /pfg/ at its current progression.

I think when Dragon 2 apps wrap up things will look a bit better though.
>>
>>52049266
>>52049192
And what if you never refer to your character as a shota or loli, but everyone else does when referring to your character?
>>
>>52049271
>it doesn't matter where you hit them, only that you hit them
blerg my toe was hit i ded
>>
>>52049342
Then they need to be taken out back and shot.
>>
>>52049342
Tell them to fuck off because they're being obnoxious and clearly autistic.
>>
File: original.jpg (143KB, 1037x1724px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
143KB, 1037x1724px
>>52049310
What would you take over all this?
>>
>>52049347
That's right anon, it doesn't matter. That's only fair because no other weapons have any sort of adjustment for a blow to the head or chest instead of your pinky finger, when a mace to the head is instant death but a mace to the finger is simply painful.
>>
>>52049342
If you're okay enough with it that you don't bother to raise even a token effort to correct them, then it's still a problem.

If you can't stop them, though, you did what you could.
>>
>>52048998
Come on guys! Kitsune shota trap is almost winning!
>>
File: precocious oni lolis.jpg (99KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
precocious oni lolis.jpg
99KB, 960x544px
>>52049368
This.
>>
File: GGXrdR Zappa.png (162KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
GGXrdR Zappa.png
162KB, 350x335px
>>52049202
>it would have been kinder to the Friday dregs to let 'em down easy

Y'know, I felt annoyed by this kinda posting for all of two seconds before I realized just how entertaining this whole thing is. I went in expecting basically nothing beyond the memery in the applications, but I came back with a game, albeit one in its early stages. It could die tomorrow, but it's still given me more enjoyment so far than any other random group of strangers I've attempted to play this godforsaken mess of a system with.
>>
File: shizuka.jpg (106KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
shizuka.jpg
106KB, 848x1200px
>>52049368
>>
>>52049386
Enjoy your visit from Chris Hansen.

>>52049397
>generic-ass samurai bitch
>like you can't hit a dozen of those just by swinging a dead cat
>>
File: -photos-8.jpg (42KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
-photos-8.jpg
42KB, 600x398px
Does your character have any friends in high places, /pfg/? What about not-so-high places?
>>
>>52049420
Ha! Jokes on you. She's tens of thousands of years old! Ergo, legal literally everywhere!
>>
>>52049435
He's friends with the children. He plays ball with them!
>>
>>52049438
>I wrote 18 by the name
>This character's totally not a kid you guys
>No, I'm still not allowed within 500 feet of a school zone, why do you ask?
>>
>>52049202
>>52049144
So how's your game going, anons?
>>
>>52049368

Busty Batwoman > Jolly Red Giant
>>
>>52049459
To be fair, if you write 12 000 in the age field on the character sheet, they're 12000 years old.
>>
>>52049497
>implying more decimal points on an imaginary character proves you don't want to fuck children
>>
>>52049342
if anyone calls my character a loli i will enact jihad upon them because it is absolutely haram
>>
File: Projecting.jpg (29KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
Projecting.jpg
29KB, 490x333px
>>52049517
>projecting this hard
Anon... Are you okay? Do you need someone to talk to?
>>
>>52049527
but anon, if you do jihads, doesn't that mean loli wifes are part of your religion?
>>
File: 1473361321799.png (133KB, 594x530px) Image search: [Google]
1473361321799.png
133KB, 594x530px
>>52049517
It kind of does, depending. I mean most anime lolis look nothing like any kid you'll find anywhere.
>>
>>52049372
What the fuck do you think shit like Dex to damage represents then idiot?
>>
>>52048473
Also the range looked somewhere around this:
> Amentum Javelin (50 base)
>Hurler Barbarian (+10 ft)
>Longshot (spell) (+10 ft)
>Supple Wrist, Strong Arm (+10 ft)
>Greater Belt of Mighty Hurling (+10ft)
>Distance (Multiply it by 2)
>Long Shot (Reduces range penalty from -2 to -1)
>Other Feat (Don't remember the name but reduces thrown weapon penalty by flat 2)
>Steady Hand (+30 ft once)
930ft range at a -2 penalty. It requires my character have a running start of at least 10ft before launching the Javelin.

I can't get it much father without mythic powers.
>>
>>52049570
Prepare to be jihaded infidel
>>
>>52049573
It doesn't represent anything just like AC doesn't represent anything, considering hitting the right place is a matter of techinique and not dexterity.
>>
>>52049590
>AC doesn't represent anything
masterbaited.jpg
>>
>>52049575
This sounds really fucking disrupting to any group. The fuck are they gonna do? Let you hand out on a rooftop a quarter mile away and take shots while they actually do all the work. Jesus fuck you sound like an asshole.
>>
>>52049590
oh, you're retarded
>>
File: 1480712118187.jpg (349KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480712118187.jpg
349KB, 600x600px
>>52049130
>muscle shota
I never knew I want this.
>>
>>52049587
you can kill me, but I still know the truth! you have many donkey wives!
>>
>>52049615
>>52049608
>AC represent something
>wearing full plate armor doesn't add DR, it adds the ability to magically negate damage OR take full damage from something
>hardness / durability is the same stat as avoidance
Kill yourselves
>>
>>52049496
inb4 the /ss/-bait suddenly gets shipped with her instead due to /pfg/'s fickle taste in women
>>
>>52049616

>Muscle shota
>Filthy little boy that can pin or pull you down
>Their prying hands are impossible to move
>>
>>52049639
You know what "touch" ac is right? If something is above your Touch AC but below your AC it means it touched you but didn't hurt you.
>>
>>52049639
>he doesn't understand its an abstraction
>>
>>52049624
ALLAHU ACKBAR
>>
>>52049658
>>52049656
>abstraction
If it were an actual abstraction then it would be represented by DR, because that's exactly what armor does. It makes you harder to damage, it helps you resist blows.
>>
File: d910cf04f61cab39e9bdba9d692293ce.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
d910cf04f61cab39e9bdba9d692293ce.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
>>52049616
>>
>>52049527
But your last character WAS a loli, anon. A cute one at that.
>>
>>52049674
Do you know what "abstraction" means? You realize that HP is ALSO an abstraction.
>>
>>52049674
>he doesn't understand that AC is an abstraction of how hard you are to hit, and how well your armor can protect you from blows

>he probably doesn't even know a GM can determine if its your armor, shield, or you dodging that stops the hit

Top kek.
>>
>>52049690
i never make lolis.
>>
>>52049705
Except you did. It was a loli.
>>
>>52049716
???

Who was it anon

WHO WAS THE LOLI
>>
>>52049695
It's abstracted into the wrong fucking thing. Armor being all-or-nothing simply doesn't make any fucking sense by any standard when there's another mechanic around that represents it better.

>>52049697
It doesn't work that way you jackass. The way armor works right now is either you take a mace to the face and it bounces off or you take a mace to the face and your head implodes depending on whether or not the guy rolled one over your AC.
>>
>>52049697
Actually the game determines if it's your Armor/Natural Armor/Shield OR Dodge/Deflect/Luck/Etc.

If it is above your touch but below your AC it means it touched you, which means it's something that doesn't apply to your touch AC that stopped the blow from hurting.
>>
So, who got their review already?
>>
>>52049697
SPEAKING OF THIS.

I'm always so fucking frustrated when I'm playing a DEX character and the DM describes an attack at bouncing off my armour, or if I'm in plate and I'm turning my body to dodge arrows. IT FEELS ALL SORTS OF WRONG, BUT I'M JUST THE RIGHT LEVEL OF AUTISTIC TO SIT THERE FRUSTRATED BUT NOT SO FAR TO ACTUALLY BRING IT UP AND SLOW DOWN THE SESSION.
>>
>>52049724
>It's abstracted into the wrong fucking thing. Armor being all-or-nothing simply doesn't make any fucking sense by any standard when there's another mechanic around that represents it better.
Arguing what it represents doesn't make sense does not mean that isn't what it represents. You can argue it is stupid and I'd agree, but that's still what it represents.
>>
>>52049741
lol
>>
>>52049730
eh, you can determine the order in which they stack as a GM to make it pretty consistent.
>>
>>52049741

MAYBE YOUR DEX CHARACTER'S LEATHER ARMOR STOPPED A BLOW.
>>
>>52049724
honestly that makes more sense than you think

Armor either blocks a blow or it doesn't IRL too. It doesn't make a blow 'hurt less', it either pierces/crushes your armor and hurts you, or is deflected
>>
>>52049769
>honestly that makes more sense than you think
No it doesn't stop watching hollywood. If I'm wearing a gambeson then a blow to the gut by a blunt weapon is still going to hurt me but it's going to hurt less. An arrow might still hurt me but it won't penetrate as deeply. I'll get nicked by the spear but won't be gashed.
The axe hitting chain on my arm cut it off, but it'll have a fracture. The sword will cut through padding but not be fatal.
Armor can stop a lot of damage flat out, but it doesn't just vanish 20% of the time - it fails to completely prevent damage 40% of the time.
>>
>>52049676
it's time to stop
>>
>>52049769

Then what does the Damage Reduction from Adamantine represent?
>>
>>52049130
With an effeminate face, long "warrior" hair and a soft voice?
>>
>>52049825
yes, i agree, it either is going to prevent damage, or not prevent damage. There isn't much leeway here.

>>52049833
autism.
>>
>Voice of Velvet

Oh baby this trait.
>>
>>52049913
What is it
>>
>>52049918
>>52049913
That's not an exciting trait at all anon.

Except for the fact it makes you Morgan Freeman
>>
>>52049918

Your voice is canonically pure sex.
>>
I always try to keep most of my traits characterization based rather than mechanical.
>>
>>52049983
Why not both?

For my current character, my traits are giving me important coverage skills in-class AND fit their background.
>>
>>52050010
ideally they should fit both, but i favor story over mechanics nowdays
>>
>>52049983

It's not hard to do both, anon!
>>
>>52049983
Let's face it, it's probably pretty easy for most Pathfinder players to get into the headspace of someone with Reactionary.

Or was that just me?
>>
>>52050025
It can be, Ideally they fit both and i favor ones that are story-fitting more than mechanically valuable ones.

basically I no longer take >reactionary.
>>
File: Galeb Duhr.jpg (27KB, 465x450px) Image search: [Google]
Galeb Duhr.jpg
27KB, 465x450px
Would anyone like to help me round out a homebrew race? Trying to make a race of small rock-people. Pic related, but 3-4 ft tall. Trying to keep RP at or below 10. So far I've got:

>Outsider (native) Plane of Earth (3 RP)
>Small (0 RP)
>Slow Speed (–1 RP)
>Languages Standard (0 RP) Terran, Common
>Burrow (3 RP) 20 ft

Not sure what I want to do with ability mods. 5 RP left to work with.
>>
>>52050036
its not paranoia if they're REALLY out to get you.
>>
>>52050019
Refluff
>>
I'm opening myself up to getting blown the fuck out with Dragons2, because not only do I want to get in, but I want Aurora to get in with me, and do horribly, disgusting things with her that will make both of us need insulin shots after.
>>
File: beaming.gif (135KB, 200x228px) Image search: [Google]
beaming.gif
135KB, 200x228px
>>52049647
>muscle shota
>stronk as fug but shy
>breaks things without meaning to
>gets all flustered
>>
>>52049983
The problem is I want multiple Shoanti racial traits because they all fit, but there is a one trait per category limit.

This sucks.
>>
>>52050039
Ah, well, that's fair.
>>
>>52050082
rip
>>
>>52050063

>Armor expert represents my character's upbringing on the mean streets
>>
>>52050075

You're going to spoil her rotten?
>>
>>52050082
Take the extra traits feat!
>>
>>52049144
You know, this is really slanted compared to the post about the dudes. Saturday could just as easily be
>bland girl who runs around in a Darker and Edger(tm) persona
>fetishbait that's too big of a pussy to stand up to an abusive father
>a spider too pure to be shitposted about
>>
>>52050119
I think everybody in the party's going to try and do that.
>>
>>52050093
>I've learned to move quickly in armor because people who can't move quickly are easy targets for ruffians and rogues, and/or I am a ruffian or rogue who trained in armor to protect myself from shivvings while I did my ruffian or rogue thing
>>
File: redratalch.jpg (333KB, 799x999px) Image search: [Google]
redratalch.jpg
333KB, 799x999px
I just justify each trait in my head

For Rinka for instance

1. Clever Wordplay on Bluff - She is a bullshitter, so this is perfect
2. Destructive Talent - WANT BIG BOOM
3. Reckless Contempt - Combat style of BANG BANG in close range makes perfect sense to take this.

And the Drawback of Lonely

Well

Fairly obvious.

I'm pretty happy with the color edit i put together.
>>
>>52050123
>You gain two character traits of your choice. These traits must be chosen from different lists, and cannot be chosen from lists from which you have already selected a character trait.
You are wrong.
>>
>>52050039

Who needs Reactionary when Veteran of Battle exists?
>>
>>52050160
Fuck, I am. Mea culpa.
>>
>>52050158
How the fuck did you afford that armor as a street urchin?

Also what Armor Expert does is reduce armor check pnealty, not make you able to get into it faster or move faster. It makes you better at climbing/jumping/sneaking in armor.
>>
>>52050093
+2>+1+Hilariously situational bonus
>>
>>52050159
>allowing drawbacks for another free trait
>>
>>52050190
its in the rules, so i took it

Lonely can be pretty bad too
>>
>>52050184
How the fuck did you afford it now?
>>
>>52046237
We lost our Summoner and I lost my bow.
>>
>>52050184
Most ruffians are running around in leathers anon.
>>
>>52050170
If we really wanna get into it, Veteran of Battle assumes you worship Gorum.
>>
>>52050170
Who needs Reactionary when Warrior of Old exists?
>>
>>52050119
>>52050119
I'm going to go shopping for cute dresses with her

And pound her silly if she's into that
>>
>>52048786
Marianne's family are Taldoran, among other things.
>>
>>52050230
Why the fuck are you playing an elf?
>>
>>52050184
I think it does let you wear Mithral Breastplate without medium armour proficiency.
>>
>>52050245
HALF
ELF
>>
>>52050256
How the fuck did a street urchin afford a mithral breast plate?
>>
>>52047254
>Your Herald's gone a bit nuts, Asmodeus took over your pet nation, the Aboleth are active again, a Runelord or two woke up, and THERE'S A GIANT DEMONIC PORTAL WHERE SARKORIS USED TO BE KILL IT NOW
>>
>>52050245
>>52050273
Or Adopted.
>>
>>52050289
best justify that in your backstory anon
>>
Yo /pfg/
Our group's last adventure was gloomy and shadowy and dark. What module/scenario can we run to capture the fun & sun of a beach adventure?
Preferably not full-on boats & pirates though
>>
>>52050273
Elven Reflexes tends to be much easier to justify, there're fairly few elf groups on Golarion so civilized that you couldn't take it.

Though Reactionary is probably applicable to a half-elf anywhere and should only really be avoided if you need your combat trait or have the rare half-elf character who wasn't mistreated for his race.
>>
>>52049341
See you say that, but then the next game starts.

People seemed to think it'd "look a bit better" when RotJR apps wrapped too.
>>
>>52050324
there's no hope just accept it

At least we're talking about games instead of whining about not having games
>>
>>52050324
WotR app season was actually very pleasant.
>>
>>52050342
was that the game that DIDN'T FUCKING HAPPEN/salted
>>
>>52050334
Oh no, I enjoy this. "Better" is a very relative term.
>>
>>52050367
I think its much better now than before PFG games because the times before that were just fucking depressing
>>
>>52050273
>>52050289
Why the fuck would you do either of these for Warrior of Old? It's identical to Reactionary.
>>
Let's suggest themesongs for Dragon 2 characters.

Who should we start with?
>>
>>52050234
Don't get too wrapped up in it. I tried to join a /pfg/ game with designs to get balls deep with one of the characters. They got in and I didn't. Worst possible outcome.
>>
>>52050342
Underplay seems to count for a lot. RotJR had top-tier waifus and both Dragon games have been basically "Waifus: the Game".

WotR on the other hand, that seemed pretty quiet and wasn't hyped too hard until the last week leading up to it. Nobody pimped their characters too hard, nobody shitposted about how they wanted to bang the busty monster girl, nobody was playing verbal grab-ass.

This isn't the sort of thing a GM can predict or direct when they open up their LFG. But the tone they write it with does seem to help.
>>
>>52050366
Did it turn out to be a bait game? I just remember the threads around that particular app period having a lot of good discussion. App quality was extremely high to my memory.
>>
>>52050389
well we already have 4 themesongs posted by people, so lets post those up first

Aurora - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxvfieTkARI
Ulfric - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxvfieTkARI
Rory - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm9P1QsoGhw
Rinka - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5JNqS2eiJo
>>
File: Anime Girl Finger Poke.gif (329KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Anime Girl Finger Poke.gif
329KB, 500x280px
>>52050394
At least you're not me, where I got in, but the character I wanted to waifu didn't
>>
>>52050383
Because you might need a particular combat trait more than your social trait or race trait?
>>
>>52050415
if it was the one with the Warder/Wilder duo-app, then yes, it didn't happen.
>>
>>52050432
Who was the waifu, anon?
>>
>>52050430
Actual Ulfric Theme - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Diekg8W0W0
>>
>>52050460
yup i fucked up, x.x
>>
>>52050432
Nah I would have preferred that. Then I would have at least actually gotten to play in a game. I also wouldn't have felt like such a fucking weirdo for reaching out to the person privately.
>>
>>52050442
When? The only times traits are competing is for social or magic traits, never combat.
>>
>>52050432
PM the player and ask if they're cool with playing some side sessions sometime. Maybe even work in some of the events of the campaign to form your own little private AU.

You might find that you two have a surprising amount of chemistry.
>>
>>52050432
This has never happened to me but it feels like I'd rather not get in than get this. My favourite part of a campaign is the character dynamics, not necessarily romance, but shit like being involved in each other's arcs, having a platonic bromance, or even just because there're good foils available.
>>
>>52050430
Planned Theme: https://youtu.be/I5RKYoOQCCQ

For reasons that would become apparent once I play the character. The desperate need for a "rose colored life", the feeling that your friends are far better than you are, angry bitterness at the world around you, helplessness, isolation, and a strange sort of hope permeating the experience.
>>
>>52050460
All of these themes are actually pretty appropriate. Aurora, Rory, and Ulfric's especially.
>>
>>52050159
It's nice seeing Chuuni Rat get another chance to be bullied
>>
>>52050544
>rinka's doesn't get an especially

>tfw.
>>
Is there a character archetype, 3pp or otherwise, besides Symbiotic Slayer where I would share my mind with a entity that would struggle for control with me?

I was thinking of being a Alchemist/Symbiotic Slayer into Master Chymist so I have both personalities trying to take over.

The character would be TN, one alternate would be CE the other LE.
>>
>>52050577
I don't know about you, but Rinka's proposed theme is really catchy and fits pretty good.
>>
File: Silvia.jpg (292KB, 774x1025px) Image search: [Google]
Silvia.jpg
292KB, 774x1025px
>>52050455
Silvia Dalcus, whose character concept was what got me to actually hammer out my own character fully. Her player is MIA, too. There were a couple others that I liked, like Dhampir!Shizuka, but Silvia was honestly my favorite.

>>52050487
I mean, that is a thing that you could do, but it feels like it rings a little hollow. Then again, I'm a spaghettimaster at trying to do social things for sake of being social.
>>
>>52050590
Vigilante would work with refluffing.
>>
>>52050592
thats why i picked it, it seems perfect for her chuuni moments.
>>
>>52050602
Symbiotic Slayer is already a vigilante unfortunately.
>>
>>52050602
The plot twist is that you were just insane the whole time.
>>
>>52050430
>>52050389
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1xO7RwTV4k
>>
>>52050577
That's a pretty nice theme actually. So far we have...

>American Prog Metal
>Japanese Rock
>Swing
>Japanese Pop

This could be a neat, musically diverse party
>>
I'm tired of Dragon 2, what's the next meme game?
>>
>>52050600
I'm not gonna lie, it's probably still going to hurt. But those moments you can find, they're going to be worth it.
>>
>>52050617
>m night shamwow.jpg
>>
>>52050638
the one that you gm
>>
>>52050638
If I get into Dragon2 I'll be running a lewd meme game on the off weeks but I'd probably have to run it in 5e because I don't have pathfinder game balance memorized
>>
>>52050659
I hope you get in. Meme games are the only thing keeping me from jumping ship. 5e modules suck.
>>
>>52050283
>"Hm. Alright, I'll give it a week or two more of vacation before checking in again."
>>
>>52050415
WotR has not ran yet, it's set to run next Sunday as some players didn't have last Sunday freed up. But it's coming!
>>
>>52050537
Which character?
>>
>>52050659
>Mfw considering running my Blood Mountain game on Dragon 2's off weeks as well
>>
File: UW8tm0.jpg (39KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
UW8tm0.jpg
39KB, 720x479px
>>52050680

Sounds like a former employer of mine.
>>
I want Rinka to get into dragons so she can join game 1's bookclub.
>>
>>52050798
fucking NEEEERD
>>
>>52050798
>you will NEVER bully The Rat

WHY
LIVE
>>
>>52050798

Who the heck has book clubs? What kind of fucking dork is this rat? Lemme guess, the other book club members are a fat dragon that insists her breasts are naturally that big and some skeevy asshole that is only in there to get lodged in some cleavage.
>>
>>52050848
You know who would join the book club? The most anti-lewd character he even has high int
>>
File: 1487782996571.jpg (94KB, 762x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1487782996571.jpg
94KB, 762x1048px
Be honest now, /pfg/,
Have you ever added something from an old campaign to a Pathfinder game? A former PC, some element from another setting?

Did you ever add something you wish had happened but didn't? Did you ever write in your character's crush or lost waifu to have them be happily married?
>>
>>52050848
No, the bookclub is the nerd dragon, the kobold, and the power armor girl.

Also of course they're naturally that big.

[spoilers]Lameeka's ass though, that's up for debate [/spoilers]
>>
>>52046130
>Guns! Everyone loves them... except not! What is your opinion on firearms in fantasy settings?
I like them to be historically accurate for the time period the fantasy setting is emulating, if they are emulating a period.

If it is a pure fantasy then they can do whatever feels right.

If guns are present they should neither be useless or all encompassing: reloading in combat should be difficult or even impossible as expected, but neither should guns be awful. Having a character fire off a pistol then draw a sword would be a perfectly reasonable thing, yet something that is rarely represented in TTRPGs.
>>
>>52050884

It doesn't count if they're only that big from going for seconds at the dessert cart.
>>
>>52050884
ctrl+s my man
>>
>>52050869
I haven't. But my GM let us know after last session that he does.
>>
>>52050848
She's not a dork! She's totally cool! A normie like you wouldn't understand!
>>
>>52050869
I've considered using some /pfg/ characters when I run future games in what my party made of the Stolen Lands.
>>
>>52050937

Which /pfg/ characters were you going to put in the Stolen Lands, Senpai?
>>
>>52050896
I was thinking of doing this. Have two different kinds of guns; High-Alpha guns that you can attach a dangerous rider effect to (I.e this gun (at level 15+) does something ridiculous like 20d6+20 damage on a touch attack but takes a full-round to reload) or Sustained guns that don't deal as much damage, but are free actions to reload. It would need balancing of course.
>>
>>52050952
Most of the waifus who didn't make it into RotJR and a few who did. Plus a few from WotRaunchy. And now probably a couple from Dragons 2.
>>
>>52050884

How do you fake an ass?

Lameeka's booty is plump and bubbly, but then you get to the bespectacled dork and she looks like she's got a pair of knee knockers.
>>
>>52050924

You're right, she's not a dork.

She's a MASSIVE NERD. With NERD GUNS and NERD MAGIC.
>>
>>52050970

Isn't the Stolen Lands close to Brevoy? Sounds like Casimir and Francisca would fit wonderfully in there.
>>
>>52051019
Probably, yeah. But I've already got a half-dozen guys cut from the same cloth as Casimir, and the GM ended our game with Choral's half-dragon daughter marrying our king, so Francisca might fit, but might be a bit redundant.
>>
>>52050906
I'm on my phone.

And for some asinine reason, Clover ditched the 'add spoiler tags' button.
>>
>>52050970
>just waifus

w o w
>>
>>52051047
Yeah, I'm trash.
So what else is new?
>>
>>52050430
>No Tamrir theme
For shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RScZrvTebeA
>>
New thread!

>>52051090
>>
>>52050982
Glutagens, she's an alchemist
>>
>>52050982
>knee knockers

They're not THAT big, anon! You can still see her stomach!
>>
>>52051186
Only because it sticks out soo much
>>
>>52051359
It's mean to tease girls about their weight!
>>
>>52051504
But how else am I supposed to deal with these weird emotions those dumb girls make me feel?

t. 2nd-grader
Thread posts: 470
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.