[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 41

File: voWrxy9.jpg (333KB, 1624x1058px) Image search: [Google]
voWrxy9.jpg
333KB, 1624x1058px
What the hell is that edition

>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Old thread:
>>51977759

No steamhead next week?
>>
File: 2017-03-03-1.jpg (75KB, 1500x218px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-03-1.jpg
75KB, 1500x218px
>>52005939
>What the hell is that

Reveal at Adepticon, will any anons go there?!
>>
Tell me oh wise lurker anons

tell me of the coming duardin

what of the death releases?

is it new stuff for soulblight ?
>>
>>52005973
>Undead eyes

Settra confirmed
>>
>>52006054
It's like poetry, but it doesn't rhyme
Plus your meter's off. It's supposed to be consistent, but you dropped two syllables.
5/10 you tried.

Anyway, we don't know. We can only guess at rumours.
>>
Tell me what your dudes did this week /AoSg/

>group of Palladors narrowly killing off crew to save the day!
>enemy general holds objective, if I kill it I score enough to win
>charge with my general, must do 4 wounds to a frostheart anointed with witness to destiny
>do 2 wounds after saves.

It was really close.
>>
>>52006054
>is it new stuff for soulblight ?
Boy, I fucking wish.
>>
File: 2017aoschamp.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
2017aoschamp.pdf
1B, 486x500px
So here is the rules packet for the Adepticon AoS tournament. I wonder what you guys think about their rulings on some of the things.
>>
>>52006619
What's your opinion on the palladors, when stacked up to the dracothian guards?
>>
>>52007020
what changes beyond restricting the summoning pool and the 5 errata at the bottom?
>>
Anyone know if city of secrets has an audio book out?
>>
>>52005973
Bet it's a/the symbol for the dorfs.

>Reveal at Adepticon, will any anons go there?!
It's kinda moot if anyone here goes or not. Someone, probably Atia, will give a play-by-play of the reveal.
>>
>>52006054
>is it new stuff for soulblight ?
I hope. Primary Death faction I love.
>>
>>52007306
I sure fucking hope its not the symbol of the duardin. It doesnt look dwarfy at all. I am defintiely seeing an aelf vibe, and they did say they will be doing reveals for things a long way out, not just nearby releases. So my bet is aelf stuff.
>>
>>52007410
Looks like sigmar influenced eyes with the dwarf beard etc cropped out
>>
>>52007313
It's Settra my dudes. He's got undead eyes.
>>
>>52007611

Guise. What if. Just spitballing here...

What if it is Settra, and...

>Settra rules the Realm of Light
>Malekith rules the Realm of Shadow

The armor looks pretty "sun-god" to me, and it does look like undead eyes.
>>
>>52007611
I'd put my drakegun in that gyrobomber if ye ken my drift.
>>
>>52007685
Its Dwarven fo sho just imagine a massive beard of stone and check the little sguiggly details.

Hope that airship builds the rumoured golem from years ago.
>>
>>52005973
I just noticed the runes in the back behind the mask. Any of those look Dwarven to anyone?
>>
>>52008014
I dont think they are runes so much as they are just carving or paneling. Could be dwarven. Everything about it seems dwarven, except for the eyes. The eyes just look too alien. If anything I would say either seraphon or aelven.
>>
>>52007128
Rolled both in that game. Dracoth are much more point efficient, that being said, I ran the Palladors to kill Dwarves crew first turn, and that's what they did.
>>
>steamhead duardin
>all duardins are actually metal golems
>yfw
>>
File: silver tower.png (252KB, 946x521px) Image search: [Google]
silver tower.png
252KB, 946x521px
>>52005939

What would you guys recommend for protecting all the cardboard pieces in Silver Tower? Would Purity Seal screw it up? Should I go for some kind of polyurethane spray? Any other ideas?
>>
File: image_2197.jpg (79KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image_2197.jpg
79KB, 400x300px
>>52008631
I can actually see that. Realm of Metal and all.

I'd be okay with it.
>>
>>52008631
We had discussed that in the days of yore early in these generals.

A possible story arch is somehow the duardin trapped outside of the gates of azyr in order to survive the age of chaos, they transfered their souls into machines and golems. Then at some point during the age of sigmar, Grungni finds them and awakes them like a bunch of necron tombs in the fight against chaos.

TLDR: duardin are necrons
>>
File: 1488527566896.webm (3MB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488527566896.webm
3MB, 960x400px
post YFW you grew out of dwarf and dedicated yourself to the true masterrace
>>
>>52007020

The tabling win condition seems kind of stupid in how it ruins the possible caveat that you can get tabled and still win.
>>
>>52009163
But I don't think it's a win condition. I never says they automatically lose, it just says the game ends. Implying as soon as the last model is wiped out from a side, the game immediately ends, and points calculated. I don't know if they are just using the GHB scenarios, or providing their own, but I think it's very reasonable.
>>
>>52009163

It isn't instant death, the game just ends.

Might actually be worth suiciding if you have a VP lead that you think you might not hold on to in some cases.
>>
File: 1488597803926.jpg (43KB, 1500x218px) Image search: [Google]
1488597803926.jpg
43KB, 1500x218px
Ok guys, here's some more deductions. Tucked away down here in this enigmatic image are some symbols of the mortal realms. What does this mean? I am still thinking aelfs because of their affinity for magic, but then again the emblems have become less symbols of magic now and more of settings and locations. It could mean eveything, and yet nothing.

It is definitely for AoS though, and not 40k. Guess we are going to have to wait for adepticon to find out.
>>
>>52007020
>a bunch of pointless restrictions
>half a page of house rules
>having to list out common sense items
tournaments: not even once
>>
The image is just a backstory-related how Grungni helped Sigmar forge the Stormcast Eternals.

Nothing worth being hyped for.
>>
gday, just started painting up some lizardmen on new round bases, anyone be able to let me know exactly how the whole mixing and matching units in an army goes? i understand the four sort of allegiances but the idea confuses me in how to actually put it into a game, any help on that or the use/restrictions on hq would be obliged
>>
>>52007020
Most seems reasonable if slightly overwrought and pointless.
That said:
>Disciples of Tzeentch and Forge World units/rules will be allowed in this event.
What? Did the organizer get ass-ravaged by a Lord of Change or something? I mean, I sorta get the FW exclusion, maybe, but with Disciples of Tzeentch it seems arbitrary.

tl;dr: It's stupid tournament rulings, as expected.
>>
>>52010354
>What? Did the organizer get ass-ravaged by a Lord of Change or something? I mean, I sorta get the FW exclusion, maybe, but with Disciples of Tzeentch it seems arbitrary.
I think you need to reread that entry.
>>
OK, I stayed away from AoS long enough for it to get it's shit together. I've got a semi-complete Khorne based Chaos Warriors army from WHFB sitting around and whilst the weather is too shit to prime my HH dudes, it might be time to pull these guys out and see what I can do with them

TL;DR School a newb on AoS
>>
>>52010402
Well, ignore me, I'm apparently illiterate.
>>
>>52010489
Read the rules, then read the General's Handbook and your warscroll. Report back to us when you're done.
>>
>>52010501
Sir, yes sir
>>
>>52009462

Woops, guess I'm too used to 40k.
>>
>>52005973
face of metal dwarf golem?
>>
>>52009671
Nice spot senpai, it definetly looks like a death mask of some kind
>>
>>52009671
>>52010851
>YFW its Balthasar Gelt
>>
>>52007685
Od anyone rules the Realm of Light it's Tyrion and Teclis.
>>
>>52009671
Might be something aelvish, dwarfish, undeadish or anything, maybe even more SCE or Tzeentch
>>
>>52009671
I think the important bit here is the relevance given to the eyes which ties with the connection between tyrion and teclis
>>
>>52007685
realm of light is in the hand of the elves and so is ulgu because gw wants to push the duality of elven ways and ends.

if anyone deserves to rule the metal it's either grugni or settra
>>
Which realm is best realm?
>>
>>52011153

I'm definitely getting a vibe of it being connected to Hysh and its elves too.
>>
>>52011205
>Which realm is beast realm?
Ghur
>>
>>52011238
Especially when you consider that the angular details of the mask, which would suggest it's not elven, can actually be a parallel with the only sight of Hysh we've seen so far
>>
>>52011245
>no blood or gore shown
Why?
>>
>>52011205
Ghur is the most interesting by dint of being the most varied and diverse. It's also Monster Hunter: The Setting, which is a bonus.
Close second is Ghyran, mostly we now know a lot about it.
As for the others, Azyr is nice but boring as of yet, Chamon is curiously mundane despite its alien nature, Aqshy is just all fire at all times, Shyish just sort of is there and both Ulgu and Hysh are still largely mysteries.
>>
>>52006619
Played Seraphon against two Daemons of Tzeentch and Khorne, equivalent points.

Tzeentch advanced to the middle and tried to shoot and magic me down, while Khorne ran down the side and used a realmgate to move a pair of bloodthirsters behind me.

My trusty Bastiladon lasered them all to fuck all by himself. (And some buffs, but that's neither here nor there). I love you, laser lizard.
>>
>>52007265
No it does not
>>
>>52009671
why do people think this is elves related? it looks more like a preview of some kind of female SC.
>>
>>52012615
Do you see the eyes? Those are way too alien to be SCE or duardin. Aelves however are not far from having their eyes look like that. And those are not gems or lenses, that's flesh surrounding them.

And SCE have normal human eyes as we have seen on artwork and minis.
>>
So after such time... How is Age of Sigmar? Both gameplay wise and lorewise
>>
>>52012783
Depends on the person, but for me I'm loving both aspects.
>>
File: Warhammer_Tyrion.png (961KB, 574x653px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer_Tyrion.png
961KB, 574x653px
>>52012774
okay then why is Tyrion wearing a SC mask?
>>
>>52011445
There doesn't have to be. The flesh eater courts book has plenty of that.
>>
>>52012822
How is the gameplay? Is it faster than what WFB used to be?
>>
>>52012849
we dont know if its a stormcast mask
>>
>>52012896
You could play fucking Europa Universalis against a dead person and it'd be faster than WHFB.
So, yes.
>>
Got my second start collecting syvaneth box and I'm trying to decide if it's worth converting the wych into a wraith, how much use am I likely to get out of a wraith compared to a second wych?
>>
>>52012908
I wonder if they ware going to release more stormcast except slightly smaller and more elegant looking and call them elves.
>>
>>52005973
>>52008014
The symbols on the left side look like the symbols for the realms/winds of magic. Not to sure about the ones on the right though,
>>
>>52011564
Our seraphon player moved out of province. I'm so happy I don't have to deal with Bastiladons anymore. Sounds like hell on four legs
>>
>>52012896
Yes. Try a game out and see for yourself. Get with another aos player and try out one of the ghb scenarios
>>
>>52013145
See
>>52009671
>>
>>52013526
Scenarios is one of the things that really made me interested in AoS (and Campaigns)... My brother have 3 armies so I am willing to try it, I used to hate it at the beginning but as my brother tells me more and more about the game I feel like it is something I may enjoy, as long as battles won't take 3-4 hours.
>>
>>52008657
>>52008657

Anyone?
>>
>>52010501
I've done this now; it's a lot of information to cram in so far

What do next?
>>
>>52011205
Chamon sounds pretty cool to me. The Realm of Metal, where all living things are clockwork machines and stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.
>>
>>52013613
Yeah, Battleplans are the way AoS is intended to be played. It adds more complexity to the game, and adds a nice amount of flavor.
>>
New Age of Sigmar player here, previously posted in a thread last week.

Extremely interested in clan Skryre, so I went to the new Games Workshop near where I live and asked more questions about the game, got a free rules printout sheet for the game, and my friends and I are hyped.

He explained I can go all clan skryre but my standard troops will be the Stormfiends or acolytes.

We will probably be playing at 350-400 points at first tops so Stormfiends are WAY too expensive. Acolytes I'm not sure I feel good about...

So far I have two arch warlocks, and a grey seer. In retrospect I'm not sure if I need other leaders to keep clanrats in line or what.

Would it be best to just take clanrats for infantry?
I just want to know what a good troop choice would be. I'm thinking I will just use clanrats and then use some warp lightning cannons, jezzails, etc.

I will be fighting Sylvaneth starter box and Fyreslayers most the time.
>>
>>52014160
Pure skyre is hard to play against and very expensive considering you need three boxes of storm fiends to create one cohesive weapons unit. You end up spending 180$ per unit. Acolytes are also expensive since you have buy them 1 at a time at 12$ a pop.

I'd recommend going a combined force and the spire of dawn set is fantastic for it. Grab two of them to get all the clanrats you'll ever need. Convert the second warlord into a chieftain with banner. Then buy two boxes of stormvermin. You can use some extra cantata to make jezzails instead of buying them kr you can grab a few warplightning cannons/catapults to round out your ranged attacks.

T. Guy with 5000+ points of skaven
>>
>>52005973
Shadow elves a go
>>
>>52014285

Are my arch warlocks/grey seer worth fielding? They seem pretty awesome and I'd hate to just use them as nice looking proxies for thing.
>>
>>52014471
Skaven are currently cursed by not having very good generals that aren't big demons. However if you run the Bernini's clawpack you can make the grey seer your general and the warlord will still use his ability, allowing you to mitigate the rats that run while maximizing attacks.

As far as warlocks go, they are certainly good although two of them in a clanrat inclusive list is a but hard to fit. I'd definitely run one of them and I don't think you'd be amiss to run two frankly.

Having more warlocks opens you up to rubbing the clan Skyre battalion, which is their best build.
>>
>>52014471
Here's an example list I pit together for you. I run a similar list at 2k points and win most of my games. Keep in mind , contrary to what people might say Skaven require a Letty serious amount of thought to pilot properly.

+++ Meh (Age of Sigmar v8) (2000pts) +++

++ Pitched Battle (2,000) (Grand Alliance: Chaos v18) (2000pts) ++

+ Uncategorised +

Alliegance [*Chaos*]

+ Leader (480pts) +

Grey Seer (120pts)

Packmaster (60pts)

Skaven Warlord (100pts)

Warlock Engineer (100pts)

Warlock Engineer (100pts)

+ Battleline (540pts) +

Clanrats (180pts) [3x 10 Clanrats]

+ Other (920pts) +

Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60pts)

Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60pts)

Rat Ogors (120pts) [2 Rat Ogors]

Stormvermin (280pts) [2x 10 Stormvermin]

Stormvermin (280pts) [2x 10 Stormvermin]

Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60pts)

Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60pts)

+ Battalion (60pts) +

Battalion: verminous clawpack (60pts)
>>
Is slambo a limited model? Or is it sticking around?
>>
>>52014712
sticking around. like cannoness veridyan for 40k
>>
>>52014009
I just wanna see Balthazar's reincarnation already.
>>
Is general's handbook worth having if you have a pdf of it?

As a WHFB player with several small armies what would you suggest I get bookwise?

I havent played WHFB since that edition with Island of Blood

Dwarves
Orcs and Goblins
Chaos (khorne)
Empire
Lizardmen
Small force of Dark Elves.
>>
>>52015175
Oh and skaven but just the contents of two island of bloods and a unit of storm vermin.
>>
>>52014537
>>52014590

Thanks for the advice, I'm only looking at 500 pts or less at the moment but I appreciate this info!
>>
>>52015175
Do you have a smartphone or a tablet? Just use the app for rules if so, that's what I do. I know someone who made some pretty nice cards as well with all the rules on, though that's a little more effort. Also, you don't necessarily need it if you have a PDF, but I bought the version you can get through the app as it was cheaper than buying a physical copy.
>>
File: 1000 hours in paint.jpg (246KB, 1500x1112px) Image search: [Google]
1000 hours in paint.jpg
246KB, 1500x1112px
>>52009671
>>52005973
>rotten blue/green skin
>yellow iris-less eyes
>fancy mask/helmet
my bet is on undead guys, tomb-king like in asthethic, fancy pharaon mask, on rotting body
>>
I want to run a demo game of age of sigmar.

What would be a good force I could make out of a battle for skull pass and a skaven side of island of blood set.

Should I just do straight kill eachother or a scenario?

I just wanna try to get a 40k friend of mine interested.
>>
>>52015482
show him 500-800pt game, with 1-2 heroes and 3-4 small units, show how shooting, charging, combat and battleshock works. Explain shit with random effects of terrain. Just basics.

I run demos on AoS starter and works fine. I skip part about battalions and and scenarios.
>>
>>52015434
Well undead is better than the duardin players trying to convince themselves this looks dwarvish.
>>
>>52014285
I have a friend who is looking for pointers on getting a Skaven army started. I know those rats can be a top tier army, any suggestions for her? She currently has 40 clanrats, warp lightning cannon, doom wheel, warpfire thrower, and the hero with the pistrol (dunno if that helps). I recommended Verminlord, but I'm a Khorne BB/Sylvaneth/SCE player.
>>
Is there any point in starting Death army if I don't like flesh-eater courts?
>>
>>52015804
You could build Soulblight and become a cunt.
>>
>>52015671
Stormfiends are pretty key to melting through stuff with their warpfire throwers
>>
Are there any rumors about armybooks?

Will Tomb Kings ever appear? Dark Elves will get some love or Daughters of Khaine?

Is it safe to collect any army or just better get the ones that got armybooks in Age of Sigmar..?
>>
>>52015434
call me skeptical but that doesn't look elf to me. skin that dark isn't a warhammer elf trait.
>>
I have some questions about death.

Is the Mortis Engine as good as it seems? Because it seems pretty nuts.

Also, I want to build my force around a big group of skeletons, are a Necromancer and a Wight King a good choice to roll around with them, or are there better options?
>>
>>52005939
and better question, what the hell are those flying creatures on the left ?
>>
>>52016243
they are fine, the wight king have nice synergy on skellies, especially with a banner so you can have bloodsecrator shenanigans
but you should consider vampire lord, they are fast and killy with a nice buff
also you'll need some strong hitter
>>
>>52013854
could always have it laminated
>>
>>52015671
Vermin lords are pretty good (minus screech and warpseer) but they are expensive while still being pretty squishy. If she wanted to go that route I'd recommend the war bringer or deciever (they're all fantastic models as well).

As with any Skaven player I'd recommend a spire of dawn box, it's such a good deal and comes with a plethora of useful models as well as the better casts.

The most important thing with Skaven is to decide what you want to do and how you want to do it. The virulent horde box set (pestilent) is great because plague monks are nasty little fuckers with some great synergy. If she wants to play horde I'd recommend pestilens or verminus.

Skyre is the king of mortal wound spam but not only is the army expensive it's also pretty cheesy and a well learned opponent can play around it.

Moulder and eshin unfortunately lack the coherency to be competitive but they each have a niche that can be devastating if employed properly.

Let me know what kind of Skaven she wants and I can give some more info
>>
>>52016506
Good to hear, what about the Mortis Engine?

Ehh, I know that Vampires are good, but I love the Wight King with axe model so much (which is why I'll be using a Tomb Banshee as well).
>>
>>52016243
The Mortis is pretty bad. It's ability to bomb some units in a medium radius is garbage, as it needs to move it's fragile ass danger-close to the enemy and d3 mortal wounds are not going to impress much of anything. The second bomb is just as bad.
And if it's that close to the enemy it will probably get charged and beaten to death in short order.
The one thing the Mortis Engine was really good at, buffing the Nagash summon train, has been nerfed to shit, so not even there it's any good.
>>
>>52015583
Dwarf player here, and this does not say duardin at all. Again my money is either aelfs or death
>>
>>52016549
that's gold man. you know your stuff. I'll get back to you with her direction. like I said, she's new to the game so she may not know, but I'll still pass this on to help her. thanks!
>>
how many Kurnoth Hunters would you guys say is too many? I'm thinking I want to run a free spirits battalion and then another unit of them with bows
>>
>>52015867
>>/out/
>>
>>52016243
Double Mortis supporting big stompy monster death lists are solid, fun, and visually pleasing
>>
File: gabriel_sigmar.jpg (3MB, 1938x2478px) Image search: [Google]
gabriel_sigmar.jpg
3MB, 1938x2478px
>>52005939
>Age of Sigmar Gabriel

Fug :D This really hits me hard.
>>
>>52006619

The went into the oblivion box until thet can be released once more into a new realm 10 miles away, which is also A LOT closer to the Realm of LGS. I think they will appreciate being given more time to wage war in the coming days
>>
>>52016608
it's quite cheap, so you can try it in a small 500pts/1000pts
i'd say it's probably good
>>
This model is featured in the back of this month's White Dwarf. I really like gossamer effect on the cloth and is something I want to do if I ever do Slaanesh. Also this kind of disproves the notion that GW are shying away from nudity.
>>
>>52017445
talks about nudity, post pic of fully clothed model

do u even slaannneeesh m8 ?
>>
>>52008947
That must be the extended edition or something.
I would remember that shit
>>
>>52017445
Have you seen a medusa's model? It's pretty recent and it shows what GW thinks about nudity.
>>
>>52017026
That's probably not a joke many here will get, fellow germanon.
>>
>tfw gw releases drycha as a better version of the verminlord corruptor
>tfw the entire pestilens line is obsolete shit
>tfw you play sylvaneth
>>
>>52017445
thicc
>>
>>52016172
Anyone?
>>
>>52019501
all we can say for sure at this point is that Storm Cast will get more releases, probably soon.
>>
File: 99120218019_GryphHounds01.jpg (59KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120218019_GryphHounds01.jpg
59KB, 600x620px
Cute. Might buy just for PNP RPG stuff.
>>
File: Faceshields.jpg (124KB, 1016x396px) Image search: [Google]
Faceshields.jpg
124KB, 1016x396px
Tomorrow I begin painting at last
>>
>>52007020
Round bases not required, but your score on "appearance" will be improved if your army is on all rounds.

Translation: Fuck your pro-level paintjob and your square high-end resin display bases. We don't care if they're pinned either, you're getting punished for painting your minis "too early."

Fuck you Adepticon and the rest of you Legacy base haters. Fuck you.
>>
File: 1488597803926.jpg (237KB, 1500x862px) Image search: [Google]
1488597803926.jpg
237KB, 1500x862px
>>52005973
>>
>>52017445
This looks like GW taking a stab at KD.
>>
>>52020644
Bases moving to round, get over it.
>>
>>52005973
Fimir confirmed
>>
Just came back from a tournament based on Adepitcon team tourney since quite a few players in my area are going to it. Took first place.

My list was ironjawz and my partner took Grots.
Leaders:
Megaboss
-Battle Brew
Warchanter
-Talisman of Protection.
Brutes (ten man)
-General
-Bellowing Tyrant
Brutes (5 man)
Brutes (5 man)
Ironfist

my partner
60 moon clan grots with bows and 8 nets
20 grots with spears.
grot warboss
grot shaman
Grot shaman on giant spider
-Gem of Seeing
3 fanatics.

Game 1 vs Ironjawz and Seraphon
Mission: That mission with one objective in each players zone and two in the middle.
Won that one with brutes holding up saurus guard with ten man brutes and archers murdered the crap out of ironjawz. 10 guard attacked the spider but due to the ironjaw player wanted to hit stuff, the spider got to go and killed 9 guard in a turn and the last fleeing to battleshock. This forced their objective holders to engage the spider and allowed my ten man brute squad which just had the general left at like 2 wounds run away via rampaging destroyers and ere we go to get on the on objective. I had a brute, my warboss and warchanter left alive.

Game 2 Vs Khorne daemons and Stormcast
Mission: Take and Hold
The goblins killed most of the khorne daemon stuff either in combat or shooting, while my orcs ran mostly unchecked. A nice pivitol part of the fight was retributers that came down and got charged by a fantatic. Since my general brute squad was fighting dracothian guard and had a model down to 1 wound, he decided to swing with them first assuming that the fanatic wound't do much. Fanatic kills 2 models and my megaboss comes back over to tie them up. They gave us the major victory as my 3 brute squads plus the spider with full wounds were on top of their line.
>>
>>52020100
I bought them for funsies.
>>
>>52021187
Game 3 vs Beastmen and Stormcast
Mission: Gift from the Heavens.
This one was rough as paladins and retributers landed and made their charges. A brute squad vanished and the spider took wounds. Other brutes moved up to try to be a speed bump but get cut down.
Out objective lands dead center and theirs off to the side. The beastmen move to secure but the brutes get a 12" move in the hero and 4" move with a 11" charge. I kill a Ghorgon and tie up gors. the gors run for the objective and i get liberators and bestigors sent at me. After all is said and done, the bestigors and liberators only kill 5/10 brutes. My megaboss ran over and killed most of the gors holding the objective. The goblins are holding their own by giving out -1 to hit like candy. We didn't go long enough to see how me holding their objective turns out or if their retributors can shake off the goblins from ours as time was called. We win a minor victory as we have nearly 900 points slayed to their 600.

Overall a good time.
>>
File: 180.png (607KB, 1500x220px) Image search: [Google]
180.png
607KB, 1500x220px
>>52005973
>mfw flipped 180
>>
>>52021874
super metal beards!
>>
File: IMG_1125.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1125.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
I'm working on a conversion Daemonic Mount for my Nurgle Sorcerer Lord.

Combined (hard to acquire) Mutalith tentacles with an Arachnarok abdomen. Sorcerer will probably stand up top.

Ignore the orange tac, it's just holding the parts in place for the dry fit. I'm planning on carving off all the tiny spiders and of course plenty of green stuff work.

What does it need, aosg?
>>
>>52020651
This is probably the most accurate.
>>
>>52022243
I like the spines, but the drippys are going the wrong way

I thought you had made a nautilus at first... lots of people doing sea-themed nurgle these days
>>
Where are the points costs for the disciples of tzeentch? I don't see them in the general's handbook.
>>
>>52022590
they came out after the GHB was published, so they won't be in there. Check either the battletome or the mobile app.
>>
>>52022581

Picture posted sideways. It is a nautilus. But I'm not sea-theming my Nurgle army.
>>
>>52022590
They are in the battletome because they came out after the ghb, but they'll be in the next one. The battletome is in the mega
>>
>>52021235
Sounds like a great time anon!
>>
I have a burning questing after a terrible game against Seraphon where I lost after a double turn for turn 2.

I've just finished about 2-3K of beastmen with one Ghorgon and I just can't manage to do cut through their insane saves and Dino-death rays sniping my characters trying to avoid bad scenery effects.

The question is; what within the whole bray/war heards are the tactics here? My first game without some Skaven artillery support and it was a crapshoot.
>>
>>52010032
You can take anything from the Order grand alliegience with your Seraphon.
>>
Can you make a list that can defeat this?

Leaders
Settra The Imperishabe
Liche Priest
Necrotect
Tomb Herald
Necromancer

Battleline
3 x Skeleton Chariots
5 x Skeleton Horsemen
10 x Skeleton Warriors

Units
6 x Necropolis Knights

Behemoths
Necrosphinx
Bone Giant
>>
>>52023217
I wish. This list has been wrecking my local store. The player is quite nice though, it's his tourny list and makes sure you know before hand.
>>
>>52023434
mike is that you
>>
>>52023217
I have and play this list. Regularly. It can lose, but it's an uphill climb
>>
>>52023217
Drop the bone giant for 3 more necroknights, use extra 40 points to upgrade warriors to Chariots. It's less synergy with the Necrotect but NK are just so filthy it's worth it.

Abuse NK while you can, soon they'll cost at least 50% more
>>
>>52020651
So? You could probably draw it out to look like tentacles on his face to match the rumored deep ones/cthonian aelves that were rumored later this year and it would be just as convincing.

I'm really not buying that it's definitively duardin
>>
Been brainstorming for a couple of weeks now, and getting a bit discouraged. See, I have a stormcast army, and making lists for it is so easy, because the synergies are straightforward and each unit has a special role that they fulfil very well. And all in all, very little weakness (mortal wounds and magic). I'm happy to field them any time because I know I can take on most challenges by shifting up my composition a little here and there.

Then, I have a nurgle army. I bought the start collecting set plus a box of blightkings because I felt that it'd be a fun secondary army to collect, and would be thematically awesome because I had my stormcast guys painted in hallowed knights, and I can do narrative campaigns in the realm of life as they fight their way to Alarielle.

BUT. Nurgle lacks punch, and all their units are somewhat kind of the same. They're tough to kill and slow, and that's about it.

Arghhh!!!! Not much of a toolbox to draw from. Nurglings? Tough to kill. Plaguebearers? Tough to kill. Blightkings? Tough to kill. Maggoth lords? Expensive as fuck and all of them are tough to kill. GUO? Make your tough to kill even more tough to kill.

I'm now torn between buying more plaguebearers or blightkings. I love the looks of the latter, but know that 10 plaguebearers aren't gonna do shit, but I don't really know how to combine the two (rotbringers and daemons). Battlelines fuck me up, and lack of ranged, sorcery and rend makes me think twice about every army list.

Any nurgle players here that can break me out of this stalemate and give me some good pointers on how to think when playing nurgle? I'm scratching my head for weeks now, please save me from going bald.
>>
File: SuperFly.gif (1MB, 301x168px) Image search: [Google]
SuperFly.gif
1MB, 301x168px
>>52023802
I kinda feel the same about my Stormcast. They feel too easy to make a good list with, at least for casual games. I do like their lore, though, which keeps me going with them at the moment.

I've been more and more looking at a Vampire 'n Skellies or Wanderers army for some extra challenge, though. I suspect the latter is a bit too far in that direction, however, so Death will most likely be my next step once my current Stormcast unit is done being painted.

Pic not really related.
>>
File: 9zmMH.gif (378KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
9zmMH.gif
378KB, 640x480px
>>52023465
>>
>>52021874
>alarak
cannot be unseen
>>
>>52023922
I like the stormcast guys too. I have them as my main army because I like the idea of vengeful angels mounting an assault to take back the world from the chaos gods. Let the "good guys" win for once.

But right now it feels like the other factions all have gaping holes, and I wonder why is it necessary to separate daemons of nurgle from mortal nurgles, which makes battlelines so much harder to figure out.

Wished they could just merge the daemons of nurgle and rotbringers together into one faction, and then give chaos some more "neutral" units that don't break either allegiances.

Or am I missing out something?
>>
>>52023977
Mortal Nurgle is mostly covered by Slaves to Darkness, same goes for Slaanesh.
>>
>>52005973
In Moorcock Satan had Bronze eyes
>>
>>52005973
Tomb kings

Theyre bringing them back with a new aesthetic. hyper futuristic silver armored mummies. Necrosphynx will be making a return, but painted silver
>>
>>52024011
So it's not a good idea to mix daemons with rotbringers then?
>>
>>52024041

I don't think it's a bad idea considering how good Plaguebearers are. Buff them with the Glottkin for much profit.

Or try a Sorcerer Lord marked Nurgle casting Daemonic Vigor? I think it's called? on Blightkings.

It's not a solid solution but Festus can erode enemy saves with Curse of the Leper. Can make Nurgle's lack of rend marginally less difficult.

Or you could add Plagueclaw catapults from Pestilens with Epidemius the Tallyman.
>>
So, I'm getting ready to get more into Age of Sigmar, and I've already decided on Nurgle, mostly a mix of miniatures between Daemons and mortals. But, I kinda want an overall theme for my army.

this anon here
>>52022581
mentioned sea-themed nurgle, which could be an interesting thing. Generally, any sort of unifying theme for the army would be great. plsease, help me with ideas and tips for inspiration.
>>
>>52024143
You could choose a particular disease to theme your army around - cholera, the black death, eczema, something like that.

You could choose an environment to theme them around - frostbitten, sunburnt, drowned, dessicated.

Or base them around insects, or deep-sea fish, or... whatever really. Find a theme you like and can replicate on your miniatures and then go for it. It might help if you write a little backstory for them so you know how the theme will work for them.
>>
>>52024143

It depends how good you are at conversions man.

For Nurgle the insect theme is pretty heavily used. You gets lots of insect-y bits. You could make them "The Disciples of the Fly" or something with lots of insect parts. "The Flyblown Host". Just put a heavier emphasis on fly parts.
>>
>>52022243
there needs to be corpses hanging from its belly and small articulated limbs treating them, also lateral lines of fanes exuding either smoke or a cloud of insects to give it a sense of flight.

and a ship's wheel and flowing banners behind the seat of the lord.
>>
>>52024185
>>52024192
see, the insect angle could be interesting, but there aren't that many different insectine heads in the overall miniature range, and I suspect I'm not good enough to sculpt my own yet.

>>52024185
>Find a theme you like and can replicate on your miniatures and then go for it. It might help if you write a little backstory for them so you know how the theme will work for them.
its not a bad idea, but most of the themes I think of usually ends up silly, or being counteracted by myself.

Fire-based nurgle? can't do that, since Fire is the realm of Tzeentch.
Nomad-based ones? Travel around on big beasts, lots of mounted cavalry - but that's basically just Ogre Kingdoms with a "why are they roving all over the place?" thing, which fit more into warhammer Fantasy than AoS.

I will try to give it more thought, and see what crosses my mind.
>>
File: carrion choir not mine.jpg (298KB, 2048x1125px) Image search: [Google]
carrion choir not mine.jpg
298KB, 2048x1125px
>>52024246
>Fire-based nurgle? can't do that, since Fire is the realm of Tzeentch.

Of course you can do that anon. Your imagination is your only limiter, that's one of the key selling points of AoS. This isn't the Old World, you can do anything you like as long as you explain it and pull it off well.

As for your last one, here's the Carrion Choir from the DAoS facebook page.
>>
>>52024143
Go with the theme of the bountiful gardeners with lots of bright colours growing over neutral, sickly tones, farmer tools and the occasional daemonic ladybugs
>>
Zombies or skeleton warriors for new Death army?
I'd like to run mass of them, with some support of hexwratiths/black knights and maybe a morghast unit (if possible, because i like the models).

Also, which hero should I bring along them? Those big ones like Arkhan or Neferata or just necromancers or dead kings?
>>
>>52024697
Skeletons are superior to zombies in almost every respect (although I think the unarmoured spookybone models leave something to be desired, unfortunately)

Grab the Start Collecting: Skeleton Horde box and you'll get the Mortarch kit plus some BKs and ten skellies. The Mortarch can be assembled as whichever one you want when some other anon advises you about heroes.
>>
>>52024714
>Skeleton Horde
>ten skeletons
>horde
should have been called "Super Skellie Squad" not "Skeleton Horde"
>>
is the leaked pic confirmed AoS?
>>
>>52025164
no, it could also be a stand alone game in AoS setting
>>
>>52024307
They're fucking fantastic. I wish I could just finish a fucking project, even a small warband, I'm always starting new things.
>>
File: Witch_Elves_8th.png (217KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Witch_Elves_8th.png
217KB, 300x450px
I want to run a 1000 pt daughters of khaine, already started painting some models for them:

-Cauldron of Blood (general)
-Death Hag
-Bloodwrack Medusa
-20 Witch Elves
-20 Witch Elves
-Bloodwrack Sisterhood (formation)

im pretty confident the blobs of 20 witches with the CoB and the hag, along with their base abilities can make a shit ton of attacks on the get-go, Plus the formation lets me drop the entire army which lets me go first and the sweet hero phase combat witch everything on a 6+
im pretty stuck on what Command Trait and Artifact to give the CoB, considering the army is already is fine with bravery, was maybe thinking reckless?
Any Ideas? or maybe an even better list?
Shoot.
>>
>>52025221
I'm the same mate. The only way I've found to combat it is to get an entire warband done in one sitting. I have a bunch of stuff sitting around waiting for primer that will continue waiting as I convert new things.
>>
>>52025499
Always Reckless with aggressive melee armies. It's so fucking good, it blows many command abilities out of the water.
As for relics, Relic Blade and Phoenix Gem are the perennial standbys and it's no different here.
>>
>>52025499
Shouldn't that formation be illegal? you're missing a unit I think.
>>
>>52025164
it has the symbols for the magic winds, so yes
>>
>>52025820
fuck, yeah i just read its 3-6 well shit... might take some sisters of slaughter then or something
>>
>>52026072
Seriously? Have we really fallen this low when it comes to troll attempts?
>>
File: seriously1.png (60KB, 1500x1080px) Image search: [Google]
seriously1.png
60KB, 1500x1080px
>>52026104
Every board is the board full of nazis. We're all nazis here, you, me, them. Welcome to the fold.
>>
>>52016243
I use the mortis engine, its a pretty shit 1 trick pony
>>
What's the AoS tierlist right now?
>>
>>52026300
Fyreslayers toppest of tiers right now
>>
>>52026371
Man, I fucking wish Fyreslayers were good.
>>
File: Really now.png (134KB, 372x334px) Image search: [Google]
Really now.png
134KB, 372x334px
>>52015434
>That nigga that still thinks TK's are coming back
>>
>>52026514
But only their models will be coming back.

Skeletons belong to Deathrattle.
Egyptian Constructs belong to Soulblight (Neferata's army).
>>
>>52024341
and sylvaneth conversion
>>
Lorewise, can someone explain to me what happend to Louen Leoncoeur and Green Knight (Or is he now Gilles le Breton?)
>>
>>52026741
They are permadead and will never return until GW finds a way to rehash old Bret models for a new army.
>>
>>52026778
But dead-dead or did they become Gods or something of sort?
>>
>>52026788
Sadly dead-dead.
>>
>>52026796
Oh well, thanks, at least I still have my lizardm-.. Seraphons.
>>
Looking at starting Slaves to Darkness

Apart from Warriors and Knights, what else might be good to consider adding in?
>>
>>52026908
Gorebeast chariots, warshrines and sorcerer lords.
>>
>>52026920
Ok cool, and I'm also able to use units from Grand Alliances: Chaos too right?

Any synergies that stand out really well?
>>
>>52026948
Hellcannons kick ass, but they turn you into That guy
>>
So.. will Games workshop bring back more races to AoS or will they scrap most of the things that was before and create new things? I am mostly worried about Dark Elves and High Elves
>>
File: jay leno picking sweatshirts.gif (99KB, 275x208px) Image search: [Google]
jay leno picking sweatshirts.gif
99KB, 275x208px
I really want to play AoS (like seriously, it seems 10 times better than 40k right now) but there's no army that makes me instantly fell for it (just like insta-fell for Thousand Sons or Orks in 40k). I "kinda like" several factions (stormcast, ogres, death in genral) in AoS but there's no "that feeling" for anything.

What to do?
>>
File: beastclaw raiders battletome.jpg (204KB, 650x866px) Image search: [Google]
beastclaw raiders battletome.jpg
204KB, 650x866px
>>52027049
Just wait for a new battletome.

Or choose Beastclaw Raiders.
>>
>>52027049

figure out how the armies play, that might inspire you..

eg: i didnt think much about khorne until i realised they are an army that needs synergy to play well. that whole concept is really fun to try an pull off ingame
>>
>>52026948
Basically, you start with StD and then start branching out into god-specific units eventually. Mark of Chaos allows for endless combinations, after all.
In general, try to always have at least one sorc-lord for the killer spell and one meaty unit to use it on.
>>
Fuck. Why did I even swear allegiance with the Death faction.

>only FEC
>no upcoming battletomes planned

Fuck.
>>
>>52014590
>clanrats in 10s
>>
>>52014285
How are the plague rats?
>>
>>52028108
Yeah, I'm just starting a necrons army while I wait
>>
File: exiled blood cult.png (237KB, 1695x735px) Image search: [Google]
exiled blood cult.png
237KB, 1695x735px
>>52025499
the new formations are terrible. This old elf formation is better.
>>
>>52026987
>I am mostly worried about Dark Elves and High Elves

join the club. if they can squeeze it in around the fifth storm cast release and the third dwarf release then maybe but its a low priority.
>>
>>52028134
>[3x 10 Clanrats]

That's 30 rats apiece you dingus.
>>
File: 1416755428038.gif (9KB, 241x311px) Image search: [Google]
1416755428038.gif
9KB, 241x311px
Let's say I want to buy a one start collecting box for each gender - so two in total - to play 1000 point games. Which faction benefits the most from doubling each unit and hero like this?
>>
>>52028268
Try flesh-eater courts SC. 2x gives you 1k list, with 2 behemoths and plenty of stuff to paint.
>>
>>52028207
So.. I guess there is no point in me getting high hopes for Dark Elves and HIgh elves.. Meh, and here I had good hope.
>>
>>52028821
well its been two years and no elf army has seen any release so I am scratching my head too.
>>
>>52028895
At least they have re-packed IoB and sold it as a box of 74 minis in start collecting price
>>
>>52028895
>>52028895
GW just knows what whiny assholes elf-fags are, so they're taking their time in releasing new stuff for them. Just to infuriate you.
>>
>>52026788
the end times mentioned how the souls of bretonnian heroes were being kept guarding the safe heaven lileath was creating; while this safe heaven was in the end discovered by chaos we had no real confirmation about its complete end, only the mention of the inability to perceive it and communicate with it anymore.

if there was a way to return bretonnia in some manner, that's the way, as an entire force of green knights coming from the ruins of this destroyed heaven.
>>
>>52028987
shit posts like yours make people who like elf armies look like saints by comparison.
>>
File: monster-water-revenant-full.jpg (1MB, 1237x1200px) Image search: [Google]
monster-water-revenant-full.jpg
1MB, 1237x1200px
Newb here, is there any faction based on constructs, golems or elementals?
Because it's my kind of thing.
>>
>>52029181
Sylvaneth could fit into the construct/elemental thing, being magical tree people.

There's rumours of a construct-focused, steampunk dwarf release at some point but nothing solid.
>>
>>52029113
Mind explaining me the stigma on elf players? I just got back into the hobby and see a lot of shit thrown their way.
>>
>>52029181
Sylvaneth fits you.

Trees, Dryads, more trees and a thicc girl as leader.
>>
>>52029345
They're just constantly annoying about how they have no updates and no new lore and models. It's sucks yes, but we find less and less sympathy when threads and discussions are crowded with 'muh elves'

And before AoS they were a top tier army for quite some time, so people have a hard time drumming up sympathy there too
>>
>>52029345
Because they are the biggest whiners here, all they do every thread is talk about how they are not getting love by GW
>>
>>52029181
Tomb ki...
>>
>>52029181
Rumor perhaps the coming steamhead duardin
>>
I get fed up with continuous Stormcast releases when other popular factions are bare bones, but this:

>>52029433

Is on the money. My two regular opponents in 8th were Dark and High Elves, and essentially back then they got to re-roll pretty much everything they attempted.

I remember Dark Elves re-rolls to Hit and Wound being exceptional bullshit.

Then there was this pendant that allowed reverse ward saves... so on a Str. 10 hit their caster had a 2+ Ward Save. Let them 6-dice spells and basically ignore miscast.

High Elves had "Banner of the World Dragon" which made a unit all but immune to magic.

Yeah there was a lot of Elf bullshit and people are still salty. When they are finally re-released I hope it's not the same situation.
>>
Does anyone have a PDF of the march WD yet? going on a flight tomorrow and would love a bit to read.
>>
>>52029345
During any release elf players will usually go: "Oh, that should have been elves! Why aren't there any new elven releases? GW surely hates us and all the warscrolls for the various elven faction cost too much and suck! Woe is us!" and that starts grating after a while.
I suppose there's also some lingering resentment from WHFB, where elves were usually the single best faction or at the very least in the top three.
>>
Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Bloodthirster Of Insensate Rage (280)

Battleline
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaive
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaive
6 x Mighty Skullcrushers (320)
- Glaives
- Khorne Mortal Battleline

Units

Total: 1000/1000

Sounds like a plan, or it's better to take regular heroes instead of big guy?
>>
>>52011245
>we will never get great beast miniatures
They would be fun for narrative play, like an npc faction
>>
>>52017445
if you didn't notice, he painted it in a way so you can see the nipples through the cloth. Hence nudity.
>>
>>52029899
meant for >>52017524
>>
>>52026987
I've been wondering that myself. I've had this feeling that they probably won't update the old elf armies, but will introduce alternative pseudo-elves like the Sylvaneth, or even like the Fyreslayers to the dorfs. So, the dark elf equivalent will be Malerion's shadow elves, nd the high elf equivalent being Tyrion and Teclis' light elves.

That said, "normal" elves have been getting the spotlight on occasion, such as the Loremaster and Black Ark Fleetmaster characters in Hammerhal, the new characters in Silver Tower such as the Mistweaver and Darkshard, and the Scourge Privateers had a little focus in the City of Secrets novel.

So, it could go either way, honestly.
>>
>>52029828
Why are you doing a daemon in a mortal army? It just breaks your synergy, and it's command ability only affects daemons. Also, he makes it so skullcrushers aren't battleline
>>
File: 1488167421304.jpg (859KB, 700x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1488167421304.jpg
859KB, 700x1009px
>>52029345
>Mind explaining me the stigma on elf players? I just got back into the hobby and see a lot of shit thrown their way.

salty WHFB players like these perfect examples below are the reason for the hate thrown at any mention of elves on this board.

>>52029433
>before AoS they were a top tier army
>>52029711
>exceptional bullshit

>before AoS

>before

take it easy guys that was like two years ago and a completely different game. your hate for elves is about as irrational as it comes.
>>
>>52030075
We still hate you elffuckers in any game.
>>
>>52030075

Neckbeards hold grudges forever. There are still 40kfags who hate Grey Knights players for the cheesefest they had 2 editions ago, even though GK are a bottom-tier army now. Just accept it, they have nothing else in their life except hatred and over-investment in a toy soldiers game. It's sad but understandable.
>>
>>52030000
because he looks cool, and i would still have two units of blood warriors as battleline, no idea about batalions or synergies. I just tried to fix a list with models I like (based on looks)
>>
>>52028146
I'm assuming you mean pestilens as a whole and not just plague monks.

While not as horrifically good at offense as Skyre is they play a happy middle ground between the two other clans. Bringing hordes tithe table that can rival verminous while still being able to dish out mortal wounds themselves is very powerful as it allows them to contest objectives in a way few armies can.

While ultimately less tough than their armored brethren , plague rats can still hold their own in a fight and focus more on "delete one unit every turn".

Censer bearers are unfortunately terrible and should only be taken as tax. Plague monks should be run in mobs of 20 for Max effectiveness. The corruption really shines in this army despite him bring mediocre anywhere else. Plague claw catapults make rival Skaven cry.

You can ally yourself with burgle to fix the availability issue but note it Max battleline more expensive and segregates your army into fast and slow, a good opponent will play around this
>>
>>52030189

>All those phoneposting autocorrect errors

Are you proud of yourself?
>>
>>52030145
I dislike grey knights because of the models and fiddly rules. Halberds and swords should have been either an aesthetic choice or at the very least a free option, not a points upgrade. And why the hell are the swords so big? Compared to a guardsman the GK swords are 8 feet long! And the falchions are just stupid looking and yet they are clear and above the winner in the rules. That codex and the others after pretty made made the old metal GKs unusable, or at the very least awkward to use, due to mixed melee weapons, while doing nothing to address one of the core issues of Codex: Daemonhunters in that the power armored gray knights were severely overcosted. DH could at least take some (still quite expensive) stormtroopers as troops for objectives.
>>
File: hamburglar.gif (36KB, 400x348px) Image search: [Google]
hamburglar.gif
36KB, 400x348px
>>52030189
>You can ally yourself with burgle
>burgle
get a load of this guy
>>
File: IMG_2963.png (104KB, 750x1654px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2963.png
104KB, 750x1654px
>>52030189
So how do you think this'll fare? I can't see them being good for vanguard games (or better than verminus at 1k at least)
>>
>>52030306
stop using whatever piece of shit software this is please you do not need to list out every piece of shit in a giant image
>>
>tfw Hastings is trying to meme himself back in the community by going "See I told you about Cthulhu Aevles!" on War of Sigmar
>>
>>52030500
Not this Anon but it's just a 104 KB of pic, m8 - what is your problem?
>>
>>52030527
Did he lose favor? I know some anons have been talking about his weird cult of personality that went on for a while.
>>
>>52030306
I like it, it's a pretty standard pestillens list, the lack of different unit types kind of forcing you into this style.

Pestillens is especially horrible against very elite armies so understand that it's going to be an uphill climb from deployment.

You can also take as many different icons and music per unit as you'd like, unless that has been FAQ'd
>>
>>52030543
it is the size of the image

if only there was a way to attach plain text to posts, like if the post had a body or something where users could type in whatever they wanted
>>
So, who are the good AoS novel writers?

I heard Josh Reynolds is pretty good.
>>
>>52030527
what?
>>
So, I've got the following 1000 point list, plus a spare Slayer around here somewhere, how shall I expand?

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Warden King (120)
- General
- Artefact: Relic Blade
Warden King (120)

Battleline
20 x Dwarf Warriors (200)
- Shield & Axe or Hammer
10 x Longbeards (140)
- Shield & Axe or Hammer

Units
10 x Miners (120)
10 x Thunderers (120)
- None

War Machines
Cannon (180)

Total: 1000/2000
>>
>>52031093
You have a slow melee army there (check off your bingo square as needed)

you need some range, or speed, or special deployment, or all the above
>>
>>52030571
Way back when he went on and on how AoS is considered a failure and how GW is already talking about axing it. And now look where we are.
It doesn't help that his rumors are consistently bullshit and the few that were on point were either obvious to anybody with two brain cells are just lucky guesses (or rather *a* lucky guess.

tl;dr: Fuck hastings. He can go to hell or Warseer for all I care.
>>
>>52031120

You also need to either improve reading comprehension or be a better troll because I'm seeing he has a canon and a unit of musketmen, plus a unit that has a special movement skill (miners).
>>
>>52031229
Well, at least he ain't harping about the setting which is a plus.
>>
>>52030660
Gav Thorpe
>>
>>52031252
forgive me for not knowing every dwarf warscroll. nobody plays dwarfs around here

As-is it is fine, but if anon is expanding (as anon said they wanted to) it shouldn't be with additional slow melee units
>>
>>52030075
It's not a hate for elves So much as it is a hate for elf players.
>>
>>52031364

Who would have thought that a unit called "cannon" was ranged. Or that, god forbid, you'd take a minute to look at the warscrolls on the web.
>>
>>52030622
Yeah, I know, but warscroll builder only lets me select 2. I'm running all of them though.
>>
File: IMG_0844.jpg (237KB, 458x1201px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0844.jpg
237KB, 458x1201px
The still unreleased Stormcast chambers, what could they be?

I'm assuming Ruination is going to be artillery and siege equiptment, and at least one of those has to be Stormcast mages.

Not sure where they fit in with the current system, but I feel that both redeemed chaos worshippers and those who have been reforged too many times would both have their own separate categories
>>
File: 28686-large.jpg (134KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
28686-large.jpg
134KB, 450x600px
Are you using any 3rd party products to proxy your models? I'm thinking about using pic related as a slaughterpriest
>>
>>52032128

I want the logister chamber. Because even paperpushers and clerks deserve golden hulkbuster armor!.
>>
>>52032227
Too skinny for an Ogre
>>
File: That's pretty Khornish.png (2MB, 1430x1430px) Image search: [Google]
That's pretty Khornish.png
2MB, 1430x1430px
>>52032527
Welp, guildball has a lot of different minis but this one looks somehow khornish for me
>>
>>52032302
I bet they have ornate sigmarite pens with plumage on top.
>>
>>52032128

>Sacrosanct Chamber
Probably full of the hardest of hardcore worshipers of sigmar and his realm.
>Ruination chamber
Better prep that asshole chaos scum. We gonna light-nuke that ass.
>Covenant Chamber
Bet you two to one they all fucking fly.
>Logister Chamber
Chamber full of light and lightning wizards.
>>
>>52032128
Now a little order and then we need stormcasts again, then aelves and finally stormcasts. The next iternation should start with stormcasts!
>>
Rumors via Atia and Hastfag

>Steam dwarves late march early april
>Picture is of new aelves faction that have a deep one/cthulu vibe to them

Shorty and knife ear fans the wait is over.
>>
>>52032631
>Three Order Battletomes in a row.

Lame.
>>
>>52032631

so order is going to win the next 10 global campaigns as well, right?
>>
>>52032631
>hastings
Is Atia ruined now?
>>
>>52032764
I hope not, I love going to War of Sigmar.
>>
>>52032764
He seems to have chilled out this months, going on to plainly say he's enjoying stuff, without a host of bullet points corresponding to the buts. God knows he better be or else I'll search him, I'll find him, and I'll kill him.
>>
>>52032631
>new aelves faction that have a deep one/cthulu vibe to them
muh dick
>>
>>52032931
>God knows he better be or else I'll search him, I'll find him, and I'll kill him.
tone down the cringe, anon, we get it, you don't like hastings, there's no reason to emphasise this whenever you have to mention him.
>>
>>52032744
>>52032745

Well if it's any consolation boys we might... might being the keyword there... see a death battletome by summer.

>Inb4 it's just flesh eater courts 2: deaths boogaloo and zombies get a fucking battletome.
>>
>>52033007
>>52032931
>>52032764
>>52032896

So what's the hastings issue here? Remember him being an ok guy on whineseer.
>>
What if the new Aelf faction is death allied, then everyone wins right?
>>
>>52030254
What
Grey Knights are supposed to be an elite fighting force that is always, and I mean always, outnumbered by their foes. Their price is just fine. I know you may want a points decrease, but it just doesn't fit their fluff, no matter how elaborate the mental gymnastics used.
>>
>>52033044
>ok guy
>hastings
>warseer
Does not compute.
>>
>>52033089

Mean rumor wise.
>>
>>52033134
He was a stuck-up asshole with a awful track record rumor-wise on a horrible site.
>>
>>52033196
Well fuck me.

Guess I had him wrong then. I apologize anon.
>>
>>52033007
I'm actually a totally different individual to the one you're quoting. I guess the taken reference flew by.
>>
>>52033196
>>52033196
Huh, pretre on dakkadakk has him a 70-75% jackpot rate. Atia's better though, with roughly 90-95% correct rate.
>>
File: 228904045.jpg (267KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
228904045.jpg
267KB, 500x500px
I would like to use it as an objective marker for chaos but is any chaos faction into slavery in lore?
>>
>>52033398
All of them.
>>
File: 131218780.jpg (197KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
131218780.jpg
197KB, 500x500px
>>52033418
I don't really see skavens taking human females into slavery. On the other hand this theme somehow fits StD
>>
>>52033398
They're all a bit slavey - though Khorne would rather just have the skull. Slaanesh seems the most appropriate but...y'know
>>
>>52033543
>Slaanesh seems the most appropriate
Too soon Anon, to soon. Maybe some green stuff to nurgle them a little bit
>>
>>52032527
Slaughter priests are Lorne dummy.
>>
>>52033516
You didn't specify women.

I doubt any of the Chaos factions really care about the sex of their slaves. In most cases, they're likely there to be worked to death, shoved into gladiatorial arenas, or studied/experimented on. As far as rape goes, Slaaneshi cultists are probably the only ones that give a damn about that, and I'm sure they don't much care on if what they're raping has a vagina or not.

Also, I think skaven eat humans---or at least, it wouldn't surprise me if they did---so I can see some slaves being kept as livestock, maybe.
>>
>>52034131
>comparing AoS Chaos to 40k Chaos

They can also them for pleasure or breeding material.
>>
When placing sylvaneth wildwoods how many plates is the minimum that can be placed? The most recent faq is confusing people at my store,some say it must be three and others are saying it is still 1-3.
>>
>>52034219
Do half breeds exist in warhammer/age of sigmar?
>>
>>52034219
There isn't anything about 40k in that post.
>>
>>52033044
Fucking carnac would be perceived as an "OK guy" on whineseer. The place is a hole
>>
File: proper commissar.jpg (76KB, 800x711px) Image search: [Google]
proper commissar.jpg
76KB, 800x711px
>>52033398
perfect. Slaanesh commissar approves
>>
Rate my themed list

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Daemonsmith (100)
- General
- Pyre Rune Staff
- Trait: Terrifying Presence
- Artefact: Beguiling Gem
Bull Centaur Taur'uk (180)
- Darkforged Weapons
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest

Battleline
3 x Bull Centaur Renders (160)
- Scalding Hand Weapons
- Battleline (Legion of Azgorh)
10 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (100)
- Battleline (Legion of Azgorh)

Units

War Machines
Iron Daemon (200)
Deathshrieker (120)
Magma Cannon (140)

Total: 1000/1000
>>
Hello their friendos,

Wondering if you had any ideas on a way to scratch-build a Snotling Pump-Wagon; want to add one to my Moonclan Grots along with a Gargant (LotR Ent with lots of Mushrooms all-over) to take me to 1K pts.

Any good bitz or kits I should keep an eye out for? I have a 2nd hand bolt thrower I want to include.
>>
>>52036715

Check eBay stores like Blackdagger or Hoard o Bits for pieces.

I'd recommend looking into the Skaven line for lots of rickety wooden frames. You could cut those up and reassemble them into an acceptable Pump Wagon with little effort.
>>
>>52032764
He is trying to ruin Atia's blog with his so called rumors, because no one visit warseer now and he want some attention.
>>
So thinking of head swapping my ogors with pain engine masks, any other conversions that would be cool to do? Thinking of adding bullgryn shields to my calvary
>>
>>52037792
I've seen pain engine masks used on ogre models for counts-as grotesques conversions. It definitely works. Bullgryn shields are the right size too, but no ogor infantry uses shields really, and I think they are too recognizable as 40k imperial.
>>
Is AoS really as hated as some people would have us believe?
>>
>>52038281
Yes among some circles, no among others. Not a straightforward question.
>>
I just mean, are there a lot more happy quiet players than the vocal haters?
>>
>>52038343
I would say on 4chan there is. The vocal players seem to all be on facebook and other dedicated aos discussion sites. It's just hard to get good discussions here sometimes because of the morons and trolls. Not saying it doesn't happen, but 4chan is not always a good conducive environment for it.
>>
>>52037850
The shields would be purely aesthetic and I planned on filing down the obvious imperial decals and (hopefully) draping the other bits in pelts to obscure them.

Glad to know the pain engine masks work. This army is really going to test my greenstuff-fu
>>
File: grots1.jpg (169KB, 1023x364px) Image search: [Google]
grots1.jpg
169KB, 1023x364px
>>52038728
Yeah here is an image i found of someone else's grotesques conversion. I've seen other variations of it done elsewhere so it's not uncommon, but could be applied to AoS, for a unique helmet design.
>>
Is it me, or does it seem impossible to find half-decent lore discussion on other tabletop gaming boards? Like, I tried looking around on TGA, and as far as I can see, it's all rule discussion and mathhammer. Same whenever I try to track down 40k lore discussion.

/aosg/ isn't exactly heavy on lore discussion either, but it, and /tg/ as a whole, seems to care more for the lore of the Warhammer games (and other wargames in general) than any other board that I've found.

Which is a shame, because I've been trying to escape this site for a while, but the lack of engaging tabletop discussion outside it seems to be impossible.
>>
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU BEAT 9 NECROPOLIS KNIGHTS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52039315
Try the 'age of sigmar fans' facebook page. there are usually some pretty good discussions that go during popular hours.

But I have seen a lot of plenty good fluff discussions here. It just depends on who is on at the time. If you ask a question once and it never gets answered, that just mean the people who know the subject just weren't on at that time.
>>
Latest White Dwarf, enjoy!

https://mega.nz/#!TsABhZjY!TkIrva0XbDAVvj6sfeume7IyuYL0WRCycC1SyElr0_U

Oh...btw, say "Fuck Hastings the attention whore!" Before u download it.
>>
>>52039621
Thanks anon, I appreciate it.
I'm not going to say that. We appreciate this, but we are not your personal army
>>
New thread pls
>>
>>52039981
make one

the link to the OP image album is right there in the OP
>>
File: 1419090988948.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1419090988948.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
>>52039621
Thank you.
>>
>>52033247
I have to say, all Atia does the last month is being vague ~2 month and really "leaks" on pre-order day.
Hastings und SadPanda did rumours ~2 years before release.

I like them all but the last months all of them did nothing outstanding and all rumours we get is WarhammerCommunity and WD leaks.
>>
new: >>52040635
>>
>>52040397
Honestly, what with Atia talking about "not having permission to talk about something", I feel there is something weird going on anyway.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.