[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General - Dig up Nigel Findley Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 67

File: OffworldCity.jpg (376KB, 1680x926px) Image search: [Google]
OffworldCity.jpg
376KB, 1680x926px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:>>51895154
>House_Rules.knwsft
>Alternate Universe 49.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 0 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Do it by the book or not at all!'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr (embed)
* Running yellow_dragon.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Off-the-job shenanigans: Held a group of bowling officials at gunpoint for a rules clarification involving your local cybertroll and his internal rocket engine? Accidentally turned a coffee maker into a biowarefare dispenser at the local nunnery? Let's hear it.
>>
>changed the btl

atleastyoutried.jpeg
>>
>>51923140
>House_Rules.knwsft
What format is this?
>>
>>51923232
knowsoft
>>
>>51923140
That was just an offensively lazy OP. Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>51923208
>>51923306
Honestly, the OPs have been so poor recently that I've considered taking my hand at making some of my own again. In fact, I will now resolve to write a new OP tomorrow morning and wait for the opportunity to use it.

>>51923140
>Off-the-job shenanigans: Held a group of bowling officials at gunpoint for a rules clarification involving your local cybertroll and his internal rocket engine? Accidentally turned a coffee maker into a biowarefare dispenser at the local nunnery? Let's hear it.
Sadly, I have no off-job shenanigans.....yet. Other than that one time two other teammates tried to score with an airline stewardess while we were crossing the Pacific, but I was too busy paying attention to the real girl in the group to recount much of that.
>>
File: smug rohan.png (734KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug rohan.png
734KB, 1280x720px
>>51923341
>but I was too busy paying attention to the real girl in the group to recount much of that.
>>
If a mage doesn't erase their signature after a spell, what exactly can be determined from it?

Tradition? Strength? A page number would work.
>>
>>51923306
That's why I like the empty ones. No dross, no bleating about troll transvestite ass flap BTLs, just the rules of the game and the links.

In unrelated news, Shadowrun movie almost kinda?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGggUyz0k6s
>>
>>51923640
RTFB
>>
File: 1456945568637.jpg (754KB, 1400x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1456945568637.jpg
754KB, 1400x1048px
>>51923640
It's an assensing test. You get the same details you would get by assensing the target directly.
>>
>>51923650
>A human detective (Will Smith) and a hulking Orc (Joel Edgerton) spring into action as evil forces scrap to seize control of an all-powerful wand.

I hope it aint shit.
>>
>>51923716
>Will Smith post 2003
>not shit

pick one
>>
>>51923746
What happened in 2003?
>>
>>51923773
Will Smith became shit.
>>
>>51923773
Bad Boys II came out. 2004 was the year of I, Robot and his downward spiral.

What happened specifically in his life? I dunno. He tried some more serious roles afterwards, they didn't really land, and he realised his son was a massive disappointment but committed himself to pushing the sprog forwards in life.
>>
What's the most contrived character concept? Mechanically and backstory wise.
>>
>>51923640
It can also be used to track the person while it lasts. But that's easy enough to get around if you have a bunch of reagents and some longhaul.

And some will say that the security will then after send a spirit (for it's last service or so) after, but they one, need to remember it, and two, eventually would either have a new target or just give up.

The real bad side is that it means that they're more likely to do something next time, because then you've got a proven pattern.
>>
>>51923816
I like I, Robot.
>>
>>51923816
I think "I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH" sort of sealed the deal for his daughter being even worse.

I still think he and his wife are beards for each other.
>>
Creating my first character and I'm going for a face that's basically David Bowie. Any tips for char gen? What items and gear should I look out for that would give me bonuses for charm checks ect?Not using magic btw.
>>
File: Dress To Impress.jpg (353KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Dress To Impress.jpg
353KB, 700x700px
>>51923823
Honestly a lot of street samurai come off as really forced. It's hard to justify why you have half a million nuyen worth of 'ware in your body, all military-grade combat mods, but you are currently engaged in freelance corporate espionage and murder-for-hire (and often explaining how you got all that 'ware and the surgeries to install it despite never having a SIN).

It's basically either veteran or you don't ask questions about how the ganger got WR2.
>>
>>51923859
My friend, crack 4e's 'Attitude' and convert as needed.
>>51923887
>>
File: Not A Single Word.jpg (30KB, 698x389px) Image search: [Google]
Not A Single Word.jpg
30KB, 698x389px
>>51923845
>>
>>51923909
It's really not that bad as long as you don't compare it to the Asimov book (they're not at all related).
>>
>Just got finished watching Ocean's 12

Thread Question: Have you ever introduced the concept of a Gentleman Thief into your runs? If so, how did it go?
>>
>>51923140
>Off the job Shanaynays
Started a free clinic in Kowloon Walled City. Started a designer drug operation with a shitty restaurant as a front in Hong Kong.
>>
What are some interesting designs for a Custom Ballistic Mask?
>>
File: Shaman Mask.jpg (392KB, 1811x2616px) Image search: [Google]
Shaman Mask.jpg
392KB, 1811x2616px
>>51924083
>>
File: 56101937_p0.jpg (234KB, 1000x1229px) Image search: [Google]
56101937_p0.jpg
234KB, 1000x1229px
>>51924083

I might have a few for you.
>>
File: CDBOXback.jpg (55KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
CDBOXback.jpg
55KB, 800x700px
>>51924083
Skyrim's dragon masks. Kenneth Brackhaven's face. Something like a Shadowseer's mask. What looks lik a pile of bandages covered in serial numbers.The attached picture to make people uncomfortable.
>>
File: benedick-bana-robot-ninja.jpg (309KB, 1229x1920px) Image search: [Google]
benedick-bana-robot-ninja.jpg
309KB, 1229x1920px
>>51924180
>>
File: Fl4VGlP.jpg (123KB, 736x1475px) Image search: [Google]
Fl4VGlP.jpg
123KB, 736x1475px
>>51924202
>>
File: jacek-babinski-4pqoylq-04.jpg (568KB, 1600x1060px) Image search: [Google]
jacek-babinski-4pqoylq-04.jpg
568KB, 1600x1060px
>>51924231

Maybe more of a helmet..
>>
File: jarold-sng-shinku-000.jpg (408KB, 1280x1960px) Image search: [Google]
jarold-sng-shinku-000.jpg
408KB, 1280x1960px
>>51924246

The Geisha look is always neat.
>>
File: jude-smith-character-sheet-2.jpg (410KB, 1224x792px) Image search: [Google]
jude-smith-character-sheet-2.jpg
410KB, 1224x792px
>>51924255

Lucha Libre!
>>
>>51924083
Get a full cyberskull then wear your original skull as a mask.
>>
>>51924268

And finishing with the classic Plague Doctor.
>>
Have they bothered to release a justification for 'gamma' grade ware being a thing yet?
>>
>>51924050
So, a Face? It works out just fine.
>>
>>51924290
That doesn't seem physically possible.
>>
>>51924330
Smash it and stickytape it to a helmet in pieces. Macaroni and glitter optional.
>>
>>51924083
>>51924349
Or take pieces of other people's skulls and use them as your mask. Might as well go full on banana nut bonkers.
>>
>>51924318
It's not a thing yet, and everyone's searching for the next breakthrough that will result in a less impactful implant.

Unless you mean the name. I'd just say that it's an outside mish-mash of different grading systems that gets spoken of as a standard, but every corp and some smaller sales places all have their own internal names.

Just nobody uses those outside of the corp or internal shop papers.
>>
>>51924395
No, not the name. It's just a fucking stupid concept given what deltaware is.
>>
>>51924318
>Long story short, it doesn’t exist. Somewhat longer story, there’s a whole lot of nuyen being invested to change that fact. You get some Matrix rumors that suggest that one megacorp or the other has unlocked the mysteries of gammaware, but as of yet, nothing’s been proven. If it ever gets fgured out, it’ll be the blackest of tech for a while, while the corp that manages it reaps the rewards and deals with the explosion of raids that’ll follow.

>One or two bleeding-edge prototypes might be out there, before true production can be started up, and maybe your players happen to get their hands on someone with this one-of-a-kind test system. Mmm, possibilities!
>>
>>51924480
Yeah, I've seen it, thanks. I mean that Deltaware is, well, the end. Bioware that's deltaware grade is made from you, with little bits tweaked. It can't get any better. Cyberware is using the pattern of your nervous system for transmissions, the metals are tweaked and coated, the alloys shifted, to ensure minimal shock to your body. An aura examination to check for any hidden weirdness that might require the implant to be adjusted. A slow integration process, and regular holistic care of the implant during the healing process. You can't really get further than that for gammaware.
>>
>>51924540
O R I C H A L C U M
>>
>>51924563
The pinnacle of magitech at the moment is a bunch of gooey blobs that light up if something magical flies through them. Or happens too near them. Or if they feel like it.
>>
>>51924387
Why not keep your original face alive and put it on an artificial musculature on a ballistic mask?
You know, for when it's time to dress up a little.
>>
>>51924540
>It can't get any better.
It can always get better.
>MCT and Wuxing are currently working to perfect arcane foci that bind or strengthen the subject’s biological stability in order to enable enhancements beyond what the natural metahuman form could accommodate. These foci, called Essence Anchors, are designed using principles similar to the cybermantic techniques that bind a soul to a body. However, instead of binding once the body’s stability is gone, these foci reinforce that stability while the subject is still viable.
>>
>>51924609
Yeah. That's not a ware grade, though. It's a bolt on derivative of cybermancy.
>>
>>51924622
The specifics matter less than whether or not there's truth in the assertion that augmentation is at an end point for essence compatibility.

It's been said it is. I hold that it is not.
>>
File: ballistic-mask.jpg (95KB, 556x465px) Image search: [Google]
ballistic-mask.jpg
95KB, 556x465px
>>51924083
Ultrasound sensor and a gas mask.
>>
>>51924540
Possibly new derivates of Zero are found to interact with these, these, and the other altered material mixes, and when you put that together with this currently experimental alteration to micor-electronic wire-laying, you get less impact. Some of the time. Gamma would be when they make it repeatable, because not everyone takes to the Zero variants the same, and so that's the current big problem for, say, Ares.

Meanwhile S-K is looking at radical changes in ASIST and limb anchoring that promise a lighter weight and the ability to reduce surgical impact, but it's really being plaged with bugs in the ASIST processing that mean that even a 90% reduction in essence loss wouldn't be worth it.

As for gamma bioware, perhaps it's just minimizing the non-you bits needed for most bio-ware or else figuring out better protein synthesis and integration methods for the stuff that was already mostly you.

(Part of the stuff with bio is the strange way it's worked over the editions. I only had a little knowledge of it in 3e, and none for my wholly play days of 2e.)

And even looking back for older stuff, it's Delta may be the ultimate.
>>
>>51924648
No, I said that deltaware is as far as it can go. You want to play your semantics games, go ahead. But since across 4 other editions it's been set up as "Deltaware is it, the end, it doesn't get any better, at all, for augmentation grades", I'm sticking with: Gammaware is a fucking stupid concept.
>>
File: en_and_kikurage.jpg (336KB, 751x1059px) Image search: [Google]
en_and_kikurage.jpg
336KB, 751x1059px
>>51924083
>>
>>51924793
>No, I said that deltaware is as far as it can go.
And there's a lot of corporate nuyen going into, "you're wrong, chummer."

Feel free to stick your fingers in your ears if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>51924803
Dorohedoros full of neat mask ideas, especially if you don't mind looking a bit edgy.
>>
>>51924793
Having looked, I know that the 3e book on 'ware just said that it currently is the final word, and may actually be.

But that's not quite the same as Is. From a little looking, Delta wasn't a thing in 1e, and some parts of 2e.
>>
What do laser weapons count as for cyberlimb implants?
>>
But since I decided to look, from reading, the thing I heard about allergies in 1e is not only true, but it's possible to get a non-human character that's hilarously allergic to weapons, 'ware, and armor (essentially). And the core lets you live at 0 Ess. It's when you go below that you die.

Grades also not in the 2e core, still can hit 0 without dying, and some of the essence costs are interesting. Skillwires went from .1*rating for low levels to .3*rating at high levels. Filter systems are hilarious, because the division symbol they use looked like a plus at first glance, and I figure that there had to be some kind of typo.

I forgot about potential 'ware damage from Serious and Deadly wounds, probably never used for how much it adds in dice rolling and complexity.

Only alpha and beta were in the two main resources I could find for 2e. One of them has it possible to lose ten percent of your essence during a removal/for upgrading 'ware.
>>
>>51925140
>Tasers are treated as Light Pistols, Exotic Pistols are
treated as Heavy Pistols, and other guns might be modifable into cyberguns if the Gamemaster so chooses. Assault Rifles and larger weapons cannot be so modified.
>>
>>51923140
One pc is pregnant and another pc got an npc pregnant.

Their offtime shenanigans are clear.
>>
>>51925162
Continuing on reading on grades of ware and stuff, the only mention of death and 0 essence in the 5e core is talking about critters with Essence Loss.

4e mentions the death at 0, but in that same sentence implies that there will be later/non-basic (?) rules that allow for life at 0.

I guess that for the next time I run 5e, I'll proclaim Retro Essence Rules and let people live at 0 Essence. And I'm tempted to have some way of letting a 0 Ess character still count as emerged/awakened just so that I can see if somebody wants to try and take a -8 to mundane healing rolls.
>>
>>51925480
>4e mentions the death at 0, but in that same sentence implies that there will be later/non-basic (?) rules that allow for life at 0.

That would be the rules for Cyberzombies.
>>
How do Sprites use skills? Does Resonance/Level replace Attributes or should I reverse engineer the mental attributes from Technomancer's living persona stats?
>>
File: 1364182919166.jpg (9KB, 157x170px) Image search: [Google]
1364182919166.jpg
9KB, 157x170px
>>51923746
>he didn't like Pursuit of Happiness or Seven Pounds

Shaking my head.

On the general's subject, however, I had a question come up at the table. A player is rolling a younger character and is really in love with the idea of a mentor spirit and wants one quite a bit, even is willing to pay the karma costs. Only problem is that their character is mundane.

I know in 4e you required a magic score to have a mentor spirit, but in 5e I didn't really notice any sort of requirement for mentor spirits outside of fluff. Do you think it'd be within the realms of possibility for something to act as a mentor spirit to them? He's aware he'd get no mechanical buff, technically, he just really enjoys the concept.
>>
>>51925509
Yes, but the wording made it sound like you could be a normal PC at 0.

>>51925550
It's basically rolling Resonance*2 (as Device Rating and Skill, I suppose) for stuff, given the example. Otherwise the courier would be rolling more dice.
>>
>>51925568

They could possibly get the general benefit.
>>
>>51925649
Thanks, I hope the Technomancer Book will have more information on Sprites.
>>
>>51925568
Let them take a contact that's a spirit that has attached itself to them via some kind of pact. The PC doesn't even need to be aware of the pact.

Street Grimoire 137 for ideas.
>>
>>51925780
It can even peer pressure him. "Trust me, kid. Do novacoke off that hooker."
>>
>>51925792
Yep. I'd suggest >>51925568 read up on Mentor Spirits, though there's about this much to chew through and then it's just game mechanics and specifics.

>Try to conjure your mentor spirit right now. Go on; I’ll wait. You can’t? No surprise. Or maybe try to banish your mentor, send it back to where it came from. Oh, you can’t? Well then. That’s because a mentor never offers to performs services, and it never owes services to anyone, so it cannot be banished.

>Many researchers doubt mentor spirits are real. They say that they are a figment of a magician’s subconscious, or that astral space is molding itself to the magician’s mind. Here’s what I have to say about that: The ocean can’t grow a mouth and tell you what its salinity or pH is. A mound of rock isn’t going to tell you whether it’s hiding gold or gems. You cannot commune with yourself and tell yourself things you do not currently know—yet mentor spirits reveal such things to magicians all the time.
>My belief is that mentor spirits are all-encompassing astral entities who have lived so long they know how to transcend the laws of astral space and appear to have abilities that no other spirit possesses.

> It can be seen and heard by those it chooses, and even physically interact with its followers. Your mentor spirit can have significant influence over you, giving you benefits when you remain true or punishing you if you go astray.
>There is no real understanding of the nature of mentor spirits, but their general goal is clear: They want to keep Awakened individuals on the path that helped introduce the mentor spirit to the Earth in the first place.

>For gamemasters, mentor spirits can be used as a tool to communicate information to the magician and enhance role-playing. The mentor spirit can provide cryptic clues, riddles, omens, and sometimes even straightforward advice.

Might also be a reasonable suggestion to look at Street Grimoire p126, for mundanes, arcana, & rituals.
>>
File: 1396155101907.png (461KB, 600x559px) Image search: [Google]
1396155101907.png
461KB, 600x559px
>>51925568

In 4e, there is a positive quality designed to be taken after chargen, called "Latent Awakening" (or something like that) to represent a character becoming magical later on.

Considering you can awaken at any point in your life, it seems perfectly reasonable to have a mentor spirit prior, and that being part of the process later on.
>>
>>51926129
5e, as of Run Faster, has a karma cost to attach to awakening.

Aspected or Technomancer 15 / Adept 20 / Mage 30 / Mystic 35
>>
>>51926150
Why does mysad cost the most?
>>
>>51926183
Probs because you get the broadest range of use out of it, but it's not worth the theoretical 50 karma cost of Adept + Mage.
>>
>>51926183
Because it is the most versatile.
>>
>>51926183
If you know what you're doing it's the most powerful despite the high costs.

The trouble is figuring out what you want to buy for what you want to do. Because if you don't plan well, you're going to be too spread out.
>>
>>51924083
Be sure to put in trodes and a rating 6 pulse weave. Look at someone and trigger it to really fuck up their day.
>>
Another Spire question:
How is the Sprite's Initiative computed? Data Processing + Level/Resonance?
I'm currently trying to write a Sprite Builder and I defined the Initiative through the sum of two attribute values and a modifier.
>>
Wound gel rounds be better then Stick n' Shock rounds for a Heavy Pistol?
>>
File: 860gCTO.gif (2MB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
860gCTO.gif
2MB, 1200x810px
>>51926646
More or less, yes. All existing sprites adhere to that formula.
>>51926659
Depends on how many drones you expect to be facing.
>>
>>51926659
And also what you can do with special shots. If you're good at the Shake Up called shot you can potentially knock off 10 points of initiative per shot, which is a pretty nasty thing to get hit by.
>>
>>51926659

Depends on the heavy pistol, the called shots you want to make, and the physical limit of the target.

In general however, despite it being a judgement call, I would say no, personally.

Gel rounds lose .33 DV to armor, while S&S loses .33 DV from lost damage. However S&S also carries the electrical elemental damage which is extremely powerful both for its global dicepool penalty and its initiative penalty. Gel has a knockdown effect, but the utility can vary heavily with the armor of your target. If they are wearing an armored jacket you are likely looking at a 50% rate of knocking down a target with a physical limit of 5, the standard of grunts, before net hits. With heavier armor or higher limit, your chances diminish rapidly. Versus HTR you would have to reach 7 net hits on your shot to get the knockdown.

Most of your DV comes from the base weapon and ammo, and not net hits, meaning that your pistol will rarely be able to take out a target in a single shot anyway, and the loss of .33 DV is unlikely to change how fast you will kill your target. So it pretty much all comes down to how you feel about called shots and secondary effects.

And if you are accurate enough to consistently hit your target on a called shot I would say the combo of S&S and Shake Up is so crippling that it is as good as killing a target.
>>
>>51926287
>trodes
Not worth the capacity, just wear 'em as an individual item.
>>
File: Spliced.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Spliced.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Spent the 800 karma, still of course need to fill in all the free contacts, knowledge skills etc. and Negative Qualities (houseruled to not give instant karma, just add water).

Rate/hate my concept.
>>
File: Biker.png (338KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
Biker.png
338KB, 500x714px
>>51926983
Also inb4 all the
>why don't you just use guns??
I'm trying to recreate an existing character, pic related.
>>
>>51926998

Throwing is actually a rather powerful weapon skill.

I will note that cybercombat is the last specialty in the game where you want to cheap out on gear. It is the only aspect of the matrix where every single matrix stat isn't just your limit but also forms your major pools. You need firewall and attack obviously, but data processing forms your initiative as well as your limit for matrix perception, and you always run silent in matrix combat as well as a matter of course until someone lands a mark on you.

That 1 on the Aztecha means you pretty much are disqualified from participating in a serious matrix fight.
>>
>>51927019
The idea with the deck is of course that instead of going a more average array (and for that price, a more averaged deck is pretty damn average) I have those two really good attributes boosted by Overclocker, and I reconfigure constantly. So the plan of attack is
>Hack on the Fly, two targets
>get as many marks as quickly as possible (Go Hard or Go Home in certain circumstances)
>then reconfigure, switch Attack up into top spot and smash that shit into next week
>keep reconfiguring if I need to grab files or do other shit
>then get the hell out of dodge, Ninja Vanish if I have to

Decking is my secondary, essentially. I plan to -just- hack, so like we run into a room with a couple cameras and I can whip out the deck and fuck those cameras up, we come across a door... You get the idea. I'm not the type of decker to sit back running comprehensive searches and supplying floor plans and shit.
>>
>>51926983
Well, Go Big or Go Home and Ninja Vanish is a waste of points considering that it leaves you with a dicepool of 3 and you only have 3 edge to waste erasing marks when you fail.

You've got 8+1d6 initiative and no drugs, leaving you with a 1/3 chance to only get 1 pass per combat turn.
>>
>>51926983
I haven't used Hero Lab, but you don't need to mod for sim. All decks come with that stuff as part of it.

Also don't bother with using Overclocker to raise a high on the 300, use it to raise a low. And then get a program to also raise that low. Try to fit in Perfect Timing or Quick Config. And get more programs. You've got a nice killer setup, but you'll want more programs.
>>
>>51927100
You're looking very short-sighted. Go Big or Go Home is more of an investment, yes it's kinda shit right now but when I improve my dicepools it should work great with the smash 'n' grab hacking style I intend to work with.

We've also houseruled both Edge and Initiative, soo...
>3 Edge isn't all that bad since we can only use one Edge at a time, ergo I should still have Edge when I need to Vanish
>8+1D6 initiative isn't all that bad since we take off -20 instead of -10, whilst I only get one Init Pass the hyped up StreetSams only get a possible 2 anyway, so I'm not at much of a disadvantage
That Initiative houserule was intended specifically to allow those without all Initiative boosting powers/cyber to still be effective in combat.

>>51927104
Yeah, that's just something HL adds by default.

>use it to raise a low
I know, I can change it at any time. I just had to pick a deck attribute to make HL stop complaining.

>Quick Config
I had that but it looked like a waste. I couldn't see any particular scenario I would need to use it in, since the limitation is of course that you need to swap two different sets of attributes.

>Perfect Timing
I'll have a look at it, thanks.
>>
>>51927163
I think that yekka was more meaning that unless you have a direct connection to a device rating 1 thing, you're going to be throwing 3 dice against 4.

So you're basicaly spending one edge every attempt with Go Big, either because you needed extra dice or because you failed a Sleaze Action and had to Nina Vanish and then Hide.
>>
>>51927212
I'm not sure I understand at all.

>direct connection to a device rating 1
Cameras and shit are everywhere, and I have an Induction Receiver. So yes, direct connections to 1 or 2 rating devices is the idea.

>Ninja Vanishing on one failed Hack on the Fly
Not necessary at all.
>>
>>51927240
What are you going to do, just stand there and duke it out with any countermeasure that show up?
>>
>>51927310
No, leave. Ninja Vanish is only necessary once they start accumulating marks and I need to hang in there for a bit longer. Have you decked before? Do you know what Ninja Vanish does?
>>
>>51927347
Yes, it allows you to get rid of all of your marks.

Failing a Hack on the Fly means whatever you were attempting to hack gets one free mark on you and (much more importantly) is now aware a hacker is attempting to get into the system, hence my question.
>>
The main book mentions that people who aren't active in corporations can have a corporate limited sin - any other examples of how ID functions in 5e around?
>>
>>51927425
Right, but one measly mark doesn't stop me from leaving. If I've failed when I'm super close to achieving my goal, and I push on and get more marks, that's when I Ninja Vanish. But that's a specific subsection of failed hack results, if I fail at any earlier time than I'll probably just reboot and find another way to deal with the cameras, door etc.

Again, hacking is essentially going to be a secondary for me.
>>
>>51927487
True it doesn't. But it does tend to get security on alert for possible unknown intruders, which you generally don't want if they don't know you're there.
>>
>>51927671
That is true, but the rest of my party isn't exactly stealthy.
>>
>>51927163
As far as efficiency in improving your dicepools goes, Codeslinger is more efficient to buy during creation mode since it would cost 20 during career, while picking up Go Big during career will only cost you 12. Also you haven't maxed any of your matrix skills, which means that you're going to start paying through the nose for those.

Does your awful house rule apply to matrix/astral initiative as well?
How is the Edge rule actually different? You can already only spend one Edge on a test.

Ambidextrous is kind of whybother.gif if you're using it to throw things, unless your GM is anal enough that he'd force you to do a Ready Weapon action to pass it over from your off-hand to your primary.

You have a total dodge pool of 8 and armour of 12 on a frontline combatant. A single complex burst from most guns will kill you.

I get that your plan is to hit anything living and then hit smashing any Matrix objects with Hammer, but honestly you'd be better off just buying a spraycan and covering the camera lens.
>>
>>51927703
Codeslinger sounded alright, but takes 10 karma out of 25 to boost one single matrix test. Eh.

>haven't maxed any of your matrix skills
If you haven't noticed I'm trying to juggle being an Adept as well. decking is secondary, as I've said multiple times now.

Our "awful" (kek) houserule appleis to all initiative as far as I know, and Edge has been limited severely yes so reckless spending and reliance on it isn't a thing. Again, I should still have at least 1 Edge for when I need to Vanish.

>Ambidextrous
Cleaver in one hand, deck/knives in the other. I don't want to suffer any negatives.

>frontline combatant
Think more of a Rogue type; flanking, hitting and running. I'll have a tanky bruiser and a Troll mage to direct attention away from me.
>>
>>51924321
Not a face. Do you even know what the Gentleman thief is? A lone, Master Thief with a code of honor who can inexplicably get into places impossible to crack and leaves a calling card! THAT Gentleman Thief!
>>
I have a build session tomorrow, what are the WORST qualities (Both positive and negative) so I can stop the players to take them without realizing?
I know Criminal SIN (And Ex-Con by extension) are horrible if you follow the intent of the rules, so I wanna have a good idea where the big traps lie.
>>
>>51928191
Negative qualities that draw attention/make you edgy are horrible. Fame, cyberpsychosis, ex-con, etc. Lifestyle preferences (Hobo with a shotgun/Creature of comfort) can be outstandingly painful if the party moves around. On the positive qualities side, there are two types of horrible: useless and overpowered. Most of the useless ones are obvious, and Prototype Transhuman specifically should be banned. It's both edgy and stupidly powerful for the cost.
>>
File: 822015_by_xen1231-d93wk88.png (893KB, 1024x806px) Image search: [Google]
822015_by_xen1231-d93wk88.png
893KB, 1024x806px
>>51926983

Why Orthoskin? You're giving up a whole point of Magic for 1 Armor, when you could take 2 points of Combat Sense or Mystic Armor with that point of Magic.
>>
>>51924330
That's just what Jimmy said.
>>
>>51928138
>Do you even know what the Gentleman thief is?
No, because it's not the 1800s and the time period where that was a common character archetype is long past.
>>
File: 1485135899994.jpg (239KB, 500x772px) Image search: [Google]
1485135899994.jpg
239KB, 500x772px
>>51924576
That camera obscura is pretty cool.
>>
>>51925568
Just get the Sensei quality, and let him be a snowflake that hangs out with a free spirit. Mentor spirits are for shamans only.
>>
>>51924083
Johnny Spinrad charicature masks, complete with voice modulator to sound like him.
Do rad things on runs and Spinrad himself might show up to join in the fun.

A whole team of Spinrad's.
>>
>>51929615
>implying that playing a Hermetic Mage with a Mentor Spirit wouldn't be fun just for all the cognitive dissonance you'd have to roleplay
>>
https://youtu.be/2SRM1WpVEY4

Heard the premise was Will Smith stars as a L.A.P.D. officer in an alternate reality where humans, orcs, elves, and fairies have been co-existing since the beginning of time and immediately thought of this. Of course it's not Cyberpunk though.
>>
>>51924083
mine has respirator, ultrasound and radar sensor
>>
>>51930194
It's more WoD than Shadowrun.
Shadowrun is Cyberpunk with fantasy, not the other way around.
Also posted already >>51923650
>>
What can you chummers tell me about the Ares space station where they supposedly do runs on THE HIVE metaplane a la Starship Troopers?
>>
>>51927826
You don't need your deck in your hand to use it. This isn't DND.
Get a DNI method, plug it in, and boom, you're matrixing with your mind.
>>
>>51931058
After a flurry of activity it suddenly went dark, with virtually no traffic going to or from. It's implied that it was overrun by *something*. However that was 4e.
>>
>>51931228
It's also located in a level 8 mana warp. Space is normally a void of around -24, so the Daedalus station is in a unique location that not only allows magic, but magic more powerful than found across most of Earth.

Because a manasphere needs life to generate, I suspect the location plays host to some kind of permanent portal to a plane filled with life. The Hive would fit perfectly.
>>
>Comple a R6 sprite
>6 hits on its defense test
>Eat 12 soak damage bitch
>Soak 2 out of a 15 pool

>what the fuck happened to our decker why is he passed out is he dead??
Technomancy is fun™
>>
>>51931413
I know /srg/ goes overboard with it, but there's a goddamn reason we say to wait for the Techno book before playing one.
>>
>>51931413
Why didn't you edge your fading test man.
>>
>>51931334
There's also the Helios station, probably the safest place to conduct Ares research. Because it orbits directly opposite Earth on the other side of the sun, there is no way to get close without being spotted and tracked.

I suspect it's the modern world equivalent of a Kaer, a massive vault to preserve metahumanity in case Earth is overwhelmed by the Horrors. Ares is pioneering cryogenic tech, so there may be thousands of people on ice. There may even be plans to add a shipyard so colony ships can be built on-sight.

Purely speculation on my behalf though.
>>
>>51931413
You're also unlucky as fuck because that sprite crit successed on it's defense test. 6 hits on 6 dice is rare as fuck.
>>
>>51931413
IIRC the recent errata from the errata team adjusted the fade values so complex forms aren't as costly anymore. Also you're just unlucky.
>>51931752
Don't hold your breath on that one, it's probably not coming out until late this year if ever, according to what little info CGL gives out.
>>
>>51924083
Mine is a Day of the Dead calavera
>>
File: Distinctive Style.jpg (46KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
Distinctive Style.jpg
46KB, 500x467px
>>51924083
>>
>>51931752

Technos are severely undertuned and are sorta bad at the things they need to be good at. They also are bad at certain aspects of the matrix that the new 5e matrix punishes especially hard.

You can play one, they actually aren't too terrible, it is just that you need to do weird things to make them viable, and you need to play with a GM who isn'tso autistic that they flip out over how 'overpowered' diagnostic is.
>>
>>51932926
People actually use Diagnostics?
>>
>>51932944

Yes. It is a relatively strong generic buff for using any device, which helps keep technomancers barely relevant when in non-matrix related scenes/when they fill up on fading.

You can tell how fun a given game as a techno will be, and how rules savvy a GM is, based on how strictly they rule on diagnostics. Quality increases with leniency, because it and Gremlins are your two main ways to do things 90% of the time.
>>
>>51933044
Even with a basic-logic GM diagnostics is useless outside of repairing or enhancing sensors.

Having a sprite inside your gun will not make you shoot better, regardless of how you put it. That's what a smartgun is for.
>>
>>51933044
I can't even remember the last time I glitched on a gear-related roll, though.
>>
>>51924255 (Czeched)
>CyberGeisha Razorgirl
JESUS FUCK HOW DO I PLAY THIS
>>
>>51933154

Sprite gives a bonus to using and repairing the item, as well as helping prevent glitches.

This means it technically can teamwork a roll to use any piece of equipment, as long as your GM is ok with it.

>>51933121

Considering the historical use of this sprite was to buff your guns and drones, it is safe to assume that smartguns were intentionally a device that diagnostic can assist you in 'using or repairing.'

I mean it makes as much sense as the internet supercharging the smartgun, in the end.
>>
>>51933121
>Buff your smartgun system, now you shoot better
OK so where's the problem
>Buff your cyberarm now it aims better
>>
>>51933121

Are you seriously bitching about sprites not being realistic? They can literally make guns catch fire.
>>
>>51933245
No they make the gun's component malfunction. It's not magic, they use their connection to the matrix to have them overheat or lock components.

>>51933236
I still don't see how that makes you shoot better. It's an action that requires a lot more motor skills than just your hand.

>>51933213
Honestly people have been using it to cheese based on the wording. I don't blame people for using a flaw in the design, it's just annoying when it's the 100% catch-all strategy you just have to do to be useful. There's a lot of other shit you can do physically thanks to sprites and complex forms.
>>
>>51933315
>It's an action that requires a lot more motor skills than just your hand.
First of all, it's not just the hand but the entire arm that's buffed
and second: In SR only the Agility of your arm is used in shooting, so apparently only your arm determines how well you shoot
>>
>>51930535
>radar sensor
Is this in the core book?
>>
>>51933373
I don't remember that being written in RAW, it's not the cyberarm, but the average of your body agility and arm agility.
>>
>>51933236
You assume that I'm comfortable with having sprites in any of my gear.
>>
>>51931815
>wasting edge on fading just so your group can't go run around while you pass out for 3 hours

>>51931857
I was amazed desu, it's just a fault of the lack of consistency inherent in the system

>>51932533
My group runs CFs at -3 fade across the board, makes me actually doing the GOD-defying shenanigans I'm meant for possible.

>>51932926
The problem is that in order to do what I need to do, I need to successfully HOTF my way into the node/host/whatever, then compile a mountian of sprites to grab what I need with a minimum of two tasks on them to hack/edit whatever file or camera I'm grabbing. I can do that fairly easily with Diffusion of Firewall and unloading sprites for everything but it puts a fairly early cap on my effectiveness per hour due to stun damage building up and eventually screwing me. Not to mention it adds another ten rolls for compiling/sprite defense/fading that bogs things the hell down even more than matrix is already bogged down.

>>51933315
nigger it's technological magic I ain't gotta explain shit

>>51933469
It's up to you, man. I'd never stuff things in you without permission if you didn't want to, and if I did, I'd lend you its tasks.
Though if you're stupid enough to run your arm wirelessly I honestly don't know what you expected
>>
>>51933422
that's for tests involving your full body

>Cyberlimbs have their own Strength and Agility ratings.
>When a particular limb is used for a test (such as
>leading an attack with your cyberarm), use the attribute
>for that limb (natural or cyber); in any other case, take the
>average value of all limbs involved in the task

SR5 CRB page 455

This is the reason a Arm of God even works. Even if your scrawny ass mage or decker only has AGI 2 you have a cyberarm with AGI 9 and thus shoot with AGI 9 + [Weapon skill] + Modifiers
>>
>>51930535
>ultrasound and radar sensor
Why both?
>>
>>51933422
No.
Look in the CRB, the Cyberlimb rules.

Shooting = Arm Agility

Regarding the Diagnostics derpity:
What this guy said:
>>51933315

I find the idea that Diagnostics on your smartung would confess a massive dice bonus pretty retarded.
I'm sorta inclined to still allow it, because its on of the things that make Techies halfway playable.
>>
>>51933413
my mistake, i put radar when i meant motion. got a lot of multi tasking going on
>>
>>51933620
Not this guy, but probably because they work quite differently.

Note though, that a sane GM might not give you the same benefits from the ultrasound sensor as you get from the ultrasound headware, considering the ridiculous price difference the two have.
>>
>>51933582
>The problem is that in order to do what I need to do, I need to successfully HOTF my way into the node/host/whatever, then compile a mountian of sprites to grab what I need with a minimum of two tasks on them to hack/edit whatever file or camera I'm grabbing. I can do that fairly easily with Diffusion of Firewall and unloading sprites for everything but it puts a fairly early cap on my effectiveness per hour due to stun damage building up and eventually screwing me. Not to mention it adds another ten rolls for compiling/sprite defense/fading that bogs things the hell down even more than matrix is already bogged down.

Yeah. How much fun you can have as a technomancer boils down to if you have access to rigger 5 in order to use logic in combat using a CU^3 and if your GM will let you be very creative with your powers. If the GM is going to go "REEEE" any time you try to use diagnostics, gremlins, or resonance veil you may as well just not use the matrix at all, because you are going to have a bad time.

>nigger it's technological magic I ain't gotta explain shit

Yeah. It is essentially technomagic and considering Smartguns already explicitly get better with more computing power it isn't a stretch to assume a sprite could somehow supercharge it even without technomagic.
>>
>>51933595
>>51933634
Oh shit thanks, my GM said that it was the average but I didn't bother checking the book. Welp time to fix this.
>>
>>51933643
>motion sensor
Why bother when ultrasound has a greater radius and can't be fooled by moving very slowly?
>>
>>51933712
You can still use stealth to beat an ultrasound sensor. Sensors can always be opposed by a stealth vs EWAR or Perception test.
>>
>>51933735
Yeah, but with ultrasound there isn't a specific glaring and exploitable flaw that makes sneaking past it easier. Plus, what does a motion sensor do that ultrasound doesn't?
>>
How does white noise or the Silence spell affect ultrasound anyway?
>>
>>51933712
because my dude is a ghoul with cyber eyes and I wanted to get every spectrum down. thermal, low light, astral, motion, ultra sound ontop of heightened hearing and smell. Plus motion was only 200 nuyen
>>
>>51933795
Motion is just a combination of thermal and ultrasound in one sensor, though.
>>
>>51933780

You need to pass a stealth test while moving cripplingly slowly to beat a motion sensor. You don't automatically beat it. This is assuming you don't run the GM section motion sensors differently than the PC section motion sensors though.

>>51933829

No it isn't.
>>
>>51933829
"fuck it" came to mind when i put it on there. Plus its two sensors for redundancy. The mask is designed to get shot at after all, and ghouls tend to get shot at too.
>>
>>51933661
>Note though, that a sane GM might not give you the same benefits from the ultrasound sensor as you get from the ultrasound headware, considering the ridiculous price difference the two have.
Unlike the radar sensor, the effects of ultrasound are completely divorced from how you acquire it.

>>51933735
>Sensors can always be opposed by a stealth vs EWAR or Perception test.
EWar only applies to Sensor Arrays.

>>51933780
>Yeah, but with ultrasound there isn't a specific glaring and exploitable flaw that makes sneaking past it easier.
Well ...
>You can set [ultrasound] to a passive mode, where it doesn’t emit ultrasonic pulses but still picks up ultrasound from outside sources, such as motion sensors or someone else’s ultrasound sensors on active mode (or bats).
>Intruders may detect the ultrasonic feld by using an ultrasound sensor set to passive mode within 5 meters.
Motion sensors have a range of 25m, and a detection range of 5m. Ultrasound sensors can simply be detected in use, and triangulated.

>>51933792
It leaves a glaring hole in the ultrasound image.
>>
How do we balance Prototype Transhuman or otherwise make it not edgy anime junk? The downsides of that 1 free point of essence is barely there at all
>>
>>51934600
Disallowing it is the simplest option, omae.
>>
>>51934600
You have players who take a negative penalty that would actually affect them often.

I picked it for my technomancer to get more mental stats but I picked allergy to noise so I'm fucked about 99% of the time. And that's fine, that's what the downside is for.

Otherwise, bump it to a 25 karma quality.
>>
>>51934600
Is it actually useful for anyone other than awakened/emerged? Because most people don't care about one free essence point of bioware
The only one I could possibly imagine getting this are sammies who want to save some essence for other ware
>>
>>51934600

I am of the opinion it isn't a super powerful quality to be honest.

The archetypes that want to heavily exploit a free essence point, mages and technos, suffer heavily by trying to use it in priority. They gut their efficiency so hard you come out ahead just not taking it.

If you find a ton of samurai using it you could bump it up to 15 points and lowering the disadvantage to compensate, which would mean that taking it and biocompatability would be an uncomfortable fit. But samurai honestly probably aren't super attracted to 1 free essence of 'ware compared to just taking biocompatibility and a lot of other useful qualities.
>>
>>51934230
What if you cast silence on the ultrasound sensor?

>>51934600
Remember that you one of the negative qualities that goes with it is Wanted, have corporate goons searching for that person
>>
>>51934600

It is an expensive advantage. It should feel more like an upside than a downside.
>>
>>51934600
I think making it cost 25 karma and making the penalties much more severe might be enough. I mean, common mild allergy? Are you shitting me?
>>
>>51934230
>Unlike the radar sensor, the effects of ultrasound are completely divorced from how you acquire it.

Completely missed the point there.
If you expect your GM to give you the same benefit from a 600 Nuyen Sensor compared to a 72000 Nuyen Cyberware, chances are you will be unpleasantly surprised.
>>
>>51934600
Rather than allow a selection of negative qualities of differing value, require a set amount of NQ points.
>>
>>51934792

No, if you expect a GM to reward critically bad choices you will be unpleasantly surprised.

If you showed me a sheet with an ultrasound sensor as 'ware I would inform you that you shouldn't take it, rather than punish every other player at the table to justify your critical lack of rules knowledge.
>>
>>51934792
>Completely missed the point there.
Disagreement is not the same as missing the point.
>>
>>51934770
IT's barely worth using now, unless you're awakened, in which case it goes directly against the setting to have it. If you don't like it that much just disallow it don't Copy CGL's example and put unusable shit in your book because you don't like, just have the balls to say no.

Personally I'd change it to forbid awakened character from having it and make all bioware purchased at character creation 0 essence and then up it to 20 karma.I don't feel that's unbalanced as it closes the backdoor, but allows it to have a somewhat significant impact to the character. Nuyen costs and availability limits still curb what you can have at creation, and they don't gain a lot by doubling up cyberware because the big ticket systems don't stack between bioware and cyberware.
>>
>>51934807

This is probably the best solution. PT is one of those things that makes people arbitrarily mad but isn't that good.

Positive qualities are meant to be what is special about your PC, and the 10 point range is meant to be very special, almost character definitely strong. A techno can get a global fading reduction, while a samurai is choosing between the ability to get an extra point of 'ware on top of biocomp vs being able to literally always go first in combat, which is an insane advantage in a sam vs sam fight.

Once you get to the 8 karma range of positive qualities you are getting into stuff that should be shockingly powerful, especially once you remember most roles already have quality taxes that prevent them from ever even considering a 10 point quality.

Bio-compatibility, perfect time, and agile defender already take up 13 of your quality points. PT puts you to 23 and then you are done, the only special thing about your PC is the fact they are a PT with a comical amount of 'ware in them. You can't get any other huge game-changers like Revels in Murder or Redliner.

Most technos have to earmark 10 karma into nuyen, though obviously a technomancer with PT is going to be raising their nuyen and lowering skills or attributes to compensate, which means they are actually *behind* karma wise on the non-PT who burns out mid-game and just buys resonance back up. So you lose out by being a techno. Mages are in a similar space: smart charop people don't tend to take PT on these archtypes because you are doing yourself a disservice burning both 10 chargen karma and a priority hit or two on this.

The main archtype that stands to gain a lot from being a PT is a burnout adept, but even for them it is questionable due to how karma hungry they are about qualities and the dubious utility a free essence actually is. Most adepts don't pay 20 karma for an extra 3 PP plus a miscellaneous advantage at gen. PT is a worse ratio with disadvantages on top.
>>
>>51934820
>lack of rules knowlege

Don't following a specific ruling != not knowing it.
Just because it is written in a specific way by RAW, doesn't mean its a good idea to be treated that way.

And treating the sensor and the ware in the same way mechanically is an exceptionally shitty idea, if you don't adjust one or both of them.
For 600 Nuyen, Ultrasound seeing is ridiuclous cheap and absolutely underpriced. Basically a no-brainer for everybody.

For 72000 Nuyen, its the exact contrary and a shittype of ware nobody ever should take..

Its a hard inconsidency in tha RAW and that alone makes a change in rulings by a DM highly likely, in whatever direction this may be.
Hence my "don't expect this to work, just because its written in the book", just as i wouldn't let you reach supersonic speeds in your rigged Dodge scoot just because the CB without errata allows this.

>>51934825
It is, in this case.. I'm not arguing that they have the same mechanical effect according to the written text only.
I'm arguing that, considering the price difference in the two things and that you can implant the sensor version at half the costs, they are probably NOT intended to work in the exact same fashion.
>>
>>51935032
Except that the idea that price alone indicates an intended difference in function is a fucking incoherent argument that doesn't actually work when applied.

Shit is like saying you think that muscle replacement should also give you extra armor because its clearly fucking worse than muscle augmentation.

At the end of the day not every option in an RPG is balanced, and the ultrasound sensor is you paying a massive surcharge in order to have the benefit of ultrasound without having any visible gear or electronics. That is the benefit you are paying for, the fact it is always there and no one can see it.

Is it worth it? Probably not. But neither are cybereyes, bioware gils, or the web gland.
>>
>>51935032
>I'm arguing
I'm aware of what you're arguing. I don't agree.
>>
So for a primarily melee focused phys adept, how much should I invest in shooting skills and which ones? Also, what guns?
>>
>>51935151

If you go automatics you can easily just sit at 12 dice.

If you go with something that doesn't have easy access to burst or automatic fire, like bows or throwing, you need about 16 dice.
>>
>>51935151
If you can't decide on a particular firearm, go with automatics.
>>
>>51935151
S U P P R E S I V E F I R E
>>
>>51934600
It's not unbalanced? You get 1 Essence, you still need to pay for all that 'ware, and it needs a drawback to go with it. The only thing that maybe needs to be tweaked is that the drawbacks to it need to be balanced against eachother, but otherwise the quality is fine, rules-wise.

Fluff-wise, it's heavily dependant on how the player in question tries to justify it.
>>
What 6th world groups are anti-awakened?
I know that Humanis doesn't like them, but what other groups dislike awakened?
>>
>>51935595
Alamo 20K
>>
>>51935595
What 6th world groups are pro-Emerged, on that note?
>>
>>51935769
The nation of India, from what I remember.
>>
>>51935088
>Shit is like saying you think that muscle replacement should also give you extra armor because its clearly fucking worse than muscle augmentation.

Shit level argument, because both work quite different (1 boosted attribute vs 2 boosted attributes) and the pricing differences between those two are nowhere as extreme as with the sensors.

There is a difference between "difference in balancing" (orthoskin vs Dermal plating) and "ridiculous difference in efficiency thats obviously not intended this way.

The ware is costing 120 times the nuyen and double the capacity. Argue all day long you want, I don't belive that two pieces of ware with THIS MUCH of a difference in pricing and literally NO point where the more expensive one has any advantage are intended to work this way.

>That is the benefit you are paying for, the fact it is always there and no one can see it.

Which is bullshit, since you can fit the cheap sensor in a casing and said casing in a cyberlimb while taking only one point of capacity instead of two.
I sure hope you aren't the anon who said i was the one lacking in rules knowledge.

>Is it worth it? Probably not. But neither are cybereyes

literally wat?
>>
>>51935866
>Argue all day long you want, I don't belive that two pieces of ware with THIS MUCH of a difference in pricing and literally NO point where the more expensive one has any advantage are intended to work this way.
It's like you expect CGL to be competent or something.
>>
>>51935866
>Argue all day long you want
I don't think you quite get it. You're the one who thinks there's invisible RAI everyone else should recognise / arguing your case here.
>>
>>51935866

Muscle replacement is just objectively worse than toner and augmentation. Yet it still exists simply because its functionality is slightly different.

A better comparison is Bone Density augmentation vs Bone Lacing. Or Cat Eyes vs low light vision implants. Bone lacing is very strictly better in every way, as are low light vision implants, but it would be insane to suggest that means they need to have less functionality than their counterparts, when they very clearly do not.

Cybereyes are pretty much the exact same dynamic: Massively more expensive and costing essence to do what glasses do. Pretty much everyone tells people to avoid them like the plague yet no one is arguing that cybereyes work fundamentally differently than implanting smartlink directly and then just using regular old glasses.

You are saying "Their value should reflect their expense" and then making a fallacious leap to claim they do. That is the hangup, you have confused the fact you think it should work that way with the idea that it somehow does.

If you were to say "You should buff this piece of 'ware or reduce its cost" you probably would get very little argument. But saying it does something other than what it says it does despite not even a slight indication of RAI is like saying the toughness feat should give you more than 3 HP in D&D as developer intent. It is just flatly not true.
>>
>>51935988
It's also worth keeping in mind that not every single option presented is meant to be an optimal choice for a player. Having cheap-and-dirty augmentations like muscle replacement is a great GM asset, considering that getting vat-grown muscles implanted is cheaper and easier for most people (y'know, mundanes that don't care much about essence) than getting expensive bioware and the constituent treatments.
>>
File: EL402OP.jpg (189KB, 567x992px) Image search: [Google]
EL402OP.jpg
189KB, 567x992px
Outfits: what do your runners wear on and off the job?

Also, help me wade through the high fashion armor. It all seems extremely similar. Looks like the most efficient pick up for me is just an Argentum and one of the cheaper Mortimer garments.
>>
>>51936213
Unless you really need the social bonuses, get Executive Suite, it's cost effective and provides as much protection as an armor jacket.
>>
>>51936213
Just do what every min-maxer does, get Sleeping Tiger and a matching coat for maximum armor AND maximum bling points.
>>
>>51936146
I think there is a point where if something is so sub-optimal it raises the question of why anyone in universe would pick it.

Like your decker shouldn't have the option to hack on a modified Atari 20600, after a point the option gets bad enough not even an NPC would use it.

That said, yes, muscle replacement has a super niche use an NPC or even a PC building in a weird way may take. But so does an implanted ultrasound sensor.

>>51936213

Modified Berwick combo from the 2058 line, the suit is actually a dress shirt and a nice fancy vest.

And yes, the armor system in 5e leaves a lot to be desired and unlike with weapons you don't have a lot of real choice for 'go to' armor. It mostly comes down to Berwick Combo, Sleeping Tiger combo, and the Ares Venture. If your GM counts the Urban Explorer as full body armor for the purposes of chemseal then your options open up a bit, but unfortunately for the most part the highest armor clothing also is the clothing with the most benefits, meaning there are very few trade offs to make.
>>
>>51936244
>not mentioning maximum pissed off trogs
>>
>>51936244
>Sleeping Tiger
>any bling points
Are we going to have to turn this into Trash and Whores General again?
>>
File: file.png (122KB, 1175x743px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
122KB, 1175x743px
Some of the characters I see while working on Chummer just make my head hurt.
>>
>>51936352
I'm sorry, what?
>>
File: curious.png (530KB, 668x504px) Image search: [Google]
curious.png
530KB, 668x504px
>>51936352
>Little Birds
>Everywhere
>Spies
>>
File: 1470950958771.gif (925KB, 212x176px) Image search: [Google]
1470950958771.gif
925KB, 212x176px
>>51936352
>>
File: 1426622372337.gif (1MB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1426622372337.gif
1MB, 400x500px
>>51936352
>>
File: tumblr_ok3h68M6wW1vfri2zo2_1280.jpg (186KB, 631x950px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok3h68M6wW1vfri2zo2_1280.jpg
186KB, 631x950px
>>51936341
>Trash and Whores General
I keep hearing this phrase but I've never understood what the context was. Could someone please give me a super quick tldr on what happened?
>>
>>51936437

I am assuming it has something to do with the fact that the Sleeping Tiger, despite being seen as super sleek and awesome and dangerous in universe, is basically a super ugly garbage suit from the perspective of someone from 2017. But this is a world with fashion chainsaws...
>>
File: 1397534329385.jpg (11KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
1397534329385.jpg
11KB, 328x277px
>>51936352
who does that fucker think is going to let him run that?
>>
>>51936437
TLDR: /srg/ disagrees about whether or not Sleeping Tiger looks like trash in both senses of the phrase it does and whether or not women in black PVC jackets look like whores they do.
>>
File: tumblr_nwdxthYvkY1rbq23ko1_1280.jpg (429KB, 1280x930px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwdxthYvkY1rbq23ko1_1280.jpg
429KB, 1280x930px
>>51936463
>>51936481
Thanks for the context chummers!
>>
>>51936474
Honestly it strikes me as more of an NPC.
>>
File: 14510162_p0.png (643KB, 800x1032px) Image search: [Google]
14510162_p0.png
643KB, 800x1032px
>>51936474
>>51936422
>>51936419
>>51936399
>>51936394
Supposedly it's an NPC.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/254154421926232066/285902643644203008/Lord_Steward_Michael_Quecksilber.chum5
>>
>>51936512
>>51936529
NPC's like that are why automatic grenade launchers exist.
>>
File: e01a2e29a2a1db82cc10d481cc5cafd8.jpg (185KB, 1015x1420px) Image search: [Google]
e01a2e29a2a1db82cc10d481cc5cafd8.jpg
185KB, 1015x1420px
>>51936481
You also have to keep in mind that formal wear includes pilot jumpsuits now and that wearing jeans and a jacket makes you look about as silly as someone who popped out of the 1900's would to us, and vice versa.
>>
File: Slamm_0_(2075).png (78KB, 180x377px) Image search: [Google]
Slamm_0_(2075).png
78KB, 180x377px
>>51936463
>from the perspective of someone from 2017
See, that still doesn't excuse the fact that they deliberately chose their materials on the basis of "we need it to look like garbage worn by homeless orcs and trolls who can't afford real clothing", particularly when material choice is the mos enduring aspect of fashion.

>>51936575
>wearing jeans and a jacket makes you look about as silly as someone who popped out of the 1900's would to us
The character art disagrees with you.
>>
File: Sleeping_Tiger[1].jpg (47KB, 350x304px) Image search: [Google]
Sleeping_Tiger[1].jpg
47KB, 350x304px
>>51936437
It's to do with the fact that Sleeping Tiger isn't just power ties, high collars, and drape cuts, but also poly-latex sleeves, wire mesh cuffs, chain belts and so on, as in grunge/punk origin trog style.
>>
>>51936687
>See, that still doesn't excuse the fact that they deliberately chose their materials on the basis of "we need it to look like garbage worn by homeless orcs and trolls who can't afford real clothing"
Thing is, that's never actually stated, and is entirely interpretation by vocal /srg/ anons.

>The character art disagrees with you.
>Trusting Slamm-O! art after he was turned into a fat slob
>>
>>51936687

People make fun of Slam-O and the characters who dress like that though.

It also has to do with the dystopic element of making mainstream society look alien. SINless often wear 'timeless' clothing from our perspective because it makes us identify with them more, while making SINners wear garbage and weird millitary uniforms for fun helps make the wageslave more alien.

Attitude goes in depth into fashion, and it gets weird.
>>
>>51931104
Oh right true, I do have Trodes yeah. Still I think I'll be weapons-ing in both hands and stuff so yeah.

>>51928959
The Orthoskin was just like an entrance to allow more cyber that I might want, and fit perfectly into getting exactly to 800 karma. It is subject to change.
>>
File: cropped.jpg (274KB, 592x1631px) Image search: [Google]
cropped.jpg
274KB, 592x1631px
>>51936575
so what would a guy look like in 2075 if he wore this in new orleans?
>>
>>51936853

His glasses don't match his jacket, and he doesn't have enough belts. Clearly the entire thing needs to be leopard print, and he needs at least 4 more bits of glowy/tribal flair.

Either he is hopelessly out of date or an Ex-SINless who grew up wearing homemade clothing and clothes from raided barrens thrift stores.
>>
>>51936750
>was turned into
>implying

>>51936761
>SINless often wear 'timeless' clothing from our perspective because it makes us identify with them more, while making SINners wear garbage and weird millitary uniforms for fun helps make the wageslave more alien.
Except all the other high fashion armors are based on "timeless" clothing. Executive Suite, Armante and Synergist are all business suits as we know them, Mortimer of London is early 20th century British greatcoats, Vashon's "Aces" line is all bomber jackets, and Heritage, jesus fucking christ, Heritage is everything:
> By 2070, nineteen specific cultural designs have been made public: Pueblo, Navajo, Salish, Spanish courtesan, Italian Renaissance, fifteenth-century French royal court, Hanseatic trader, Russian Cossack, Confederate aristocrat, Indian Maharajah, Aztec, Mayan, Imperial Rome, feudal Japanese, traditional Chinese, Nubian, Victorian-era colonial gentleman, and Scottish Highlander, as well as a “traditional Tir” style commissioned by Tir Tairngire nobles that has fallen out of favor in the last couple of years.
>>
>>51936884
is it expensive to dress like you live in the matrix?
>>
>>51936726

what book is the /fa/ in?
>>
>>51937078
Attitude for 4e
>>
>>51937066
If you want to look chic ? AR Fashion with a base set of clothing that at least fits the situation.
If you don't? Armor Jacket over a set of Jeans and a totally funny graphic t-shirt
>>
>>51937066

...I mean no because that is normal modern day clothing. That is the point of the matrix!

If you are talking about the people who 'commute' to the matrix, those are trendy clothes, but it isn't insanely expensive.

>>51937089
I think that is a 3e book, but yes, Attitude in 4e is what has all the fashion stuff. Including Fashion Chainsaws.
>>
File: cock orc.png (277KB, 540x765px) Image search: [Google]
cock orc.png
277KB, 540x765px
>>51937089

Thanks, brother!
>>
>>51937101
what about painting clothes on my ghoul's naked body? Does fashion even really matter to a guy who often is shot at on sight?

"OHMYGOD ITS A GHOUL!" "AND HIS SHOES ARE TACKY!"
>>
>>51937166
Being undead doesn't mean you have to look tacky, chummer.
>>
>>51937166

It depends on how aggressively the GM runs the fashion police. Normally they are just armed with Tiffany Tasers but sometimes they can use those crazy high society shotguns.
>>
>>51937279
I give them both. Tasers for dealing with random bullshit, something with more stopping power for actual threats.
>>
>>51936919
>implying
Observing that you seem ignorant of any other Slamm-O! art
>>
>>51937078
Should be Canon Companion, IIRC.
>>
>>51937384

>something with more stopping power for actual threats.

Like Crocs with Socks?
>>
>>51937394
I mean, he wasn't exactly nice to look at even before he started hooking into the twinkies.
>>
>>51937437
Crocs with socks and thongs with socks are both shoot-to-kill. That shit is nasty.
>>
>>51935003
>make all bioware purchased at character creation 0 essence and then up it to 20 karma.I don't feel that's unbalanced as it closes the backdoor, but allows it to have a somewhat significant impact to the character.

That's huge, anon. If you don't have to worry about essence from bioware, you can do something like taking a bunch of Muscle Toner/Augmentation (at used grade, because why not it'll save you cash) and still get the massive essence-eating cyber like MBW2, and still have space for some of the other goodies that make street samurai nice.
>>
>>51936292
>pissed off trogs
The GM would have found a reason for them to attack regardless. The orkspoitation-gear just makes his life easier.
>>
File: g Technology.png (120KB, 1580x799px) Image search: [Google]
g Technology.png
120KB, 1580x799px
>>51935769
The Coptic Church runs a network connecting and sheltering technomancers. There's at least one technogang in Data Trails, the grown up version of the kid's klubs that used to shelter them on the street.

Shiawase because Hitomi is a secret toasterlover and is working quietly to help her brethren
>>
>>51937582
Could be. Could also be that they won't treat you as favourably- ie; charging more for goods & services, not giving up (all) info when asked, etc.

Or you could just get hit by some Humanis thugs cruising for race traitors, instead.
>>
>>51936292
What happens if an Ork wears Sleeping Tiger gear?
>>
File: Kids These Days.jpg (955KB, 1179x2867px) Image search: [Google]
Kids These Days.jpg
955KB, 1179x2867px
>>51936257
>Like your decker shouldn't have the option to hack on a modified Atari 20600, after a point the option gets bad enough not even an NPC would use it.

But there are stats for the Hornet and other shit-tier decks that no PC would ever use, and that NPCs shouldn't use. But sometimes you get hired to fuck up the guy who keeps destroying the Tacoma High School's files, and it turns out to be a 13-year-old trying to change his bad grade in Japanese but 5chan only taught him how to delete system32.
>>
>>51937662
He looks like one of those rappers who let the money go to their head and walks around wearing a hoodie studded with real diamonds and $10,000 baggy jeans.
>>
>>51937662
He gets considered a sellout willing to play in to stereotypes for a chance to suck the corporate credstick?
>>
How would you stat malange?
>>
>>51929472
You are literally the least helpful or imaginative person in shadowrun.
>>
>>51938184

Wait... they are an editor?
>>
https://youtu.be/8dmPCC5EYTQ

So Gyōsen Asakura, a DJ-turned-Buddhist priest, has been holding elaborate “techno memorial services” at a temple in Fukui City, complete with Buddhist influenced techno and audio visual effects.

Shadowrun needs more shit like this.
>>
File: Seven of Fun.jpg (42KB, 515x444px) Image search: [Google]
Seven of Fun.jpg
42KB, 515x444px
>>51938309
>>
File: Dice Gods.png (394KB, 1008x552px) Image search: [Google]
Dice Gods.png
394KB, 1008x552px
>>51938309
I'm a bit disappointed we don't get more technoreligions. I mean, they tend to be conservative as a rule, but I wanna see the Baptists go fucking nuts every Sunday, or the Cult of the Dragon and the insane things they would do to honour Dunks. The closest we get is some descriptions of what the Aleph Society got up to when people were buying in.
>>
>>51937622
>Or you could just get hit by some Humanis thugs cruising for race traitors, instead.

Sounds like a good night out. Go to a party, whack some skinheads, and you can even call it self-defense if you really care that much.
>>
Is there a called shot somewhere that would let me "Fan the Hammer" on a revolver to fire the entire cylinder in one go ?
>>
>>51938779
Not in RAW, but anything is possible in homebrew.
>>
>>51938779
Do a Semi-Auto burst and use up all six rounds (or five, or seven, depending).

You won't get any more benefit than if you had just used three, but it's cooler.
>>
File: 1445727186356.png (389KB, 900x1322px) Image search: [Google]
1445727186356.png
389KB, 900x1322px
Why are snipers so disproportionately expensive compared to other firearms?
>>
>>51939163
Ostensibly, it's because they're a high-tech precision thing.

Mechanically speaking, there's zero reason. It's just a Faggot Tax to discourage CoDkiddies from shitting up games and being useless, because sniping is an objectively worthless role in most teams.
>>
>>51939163
Because they have some of the best armor piercing capabilities and ranges out of any firearm. Also the top of the line snipers are specifically assassin's tools or anti-tank rifles. They're not going to be as cheap as the boomsticks sold at Kong Walmart.
>>
>>51936529
>https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/254154421926232066/285902643644203008/Lord_Steward_Michael_Quecksilber.chum5
Does this person not know how to spell Quicksilver?
>>
File: Capture.png (37KB, 2007x585px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
37KB, 2007x585px
>>51939274
>>
>>51939274
it's the german name for it
>>
>>51937526
Hence, the upping to 20 karma, although point I did miss, all standard grade bioware at 0 essence, logically something that you were born with can't be used, and there's no point getting higher grades if it's 0 essence.
>>
>>51939422
DESU that's probably a far better implementation than Type O.
>>
>>51938496
>20 side face down

WRONG
>>
>>51939301
fair enough
>>
>>51939452
As far as I'm aware type O hasn't made a return in 5e and is a bit conceptually different. Really Transhumans should probably be treated as a separate class of metasapient along the lines of Surge or infected (only, you know not shit).
>>
>>51935988
Implanted smartlink and flash compensation both offer a higher dice boni than their goggle-counterparts.

And you are conveniently dodging the point of scale.
If it was maybe 2 or 3 times the price, fuckwhatever

But a strictly better piece costing half the capacity cost and 120th of the price that does everything exactly the same way? yes, that is fucking ridiculous.
All of your examples are cases of "similiar but not the same" and costs balancing it somehow, so you aren't really making a point.
>>
File: Deliverator.jpg (372KB, 1920x1109px) Image search: [Google]
Deliverator.jpg
372KB, 1920x1109px
Okay, looking at the mega files, it's really comprehensive... and really fucking big.

Where to start, for 5e? - CAT27100?
>>
>>51939593
The Core Book. Pick other books as appropriate for your role.
>>
>>51939605
2nd or Master? (also I missed that one first look)
>>
>>51939422
>logically something that you were born with can't be used
Not that it matters. As soon as you say 'no used', then omega grade steps in with the 'drawback' of *1.25 Essence cost.
>>
Do y'all have a reliable way to find games online? I've been itching to play but all the people I usually play with only want to play D&D.
>>
File: 1462627531115.jpg (105KB, 396x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1462627531115.jpg
105KB, 396x1920px
>>51939626
The Master Index is the latest and the most useful, as the index in the back gives you pages in other books to find things.

Warning: Some faggot stapled huge wallpapers to the end of it, so the sizing is all fucked up for standard PDF readers. Scroll around to find the actual book.
>>
>>51939626
I'd say just take the most recent.
>>
>>51939657
Be on every site where people you can stomach (hopefully enjoy, even) playing with congregate.
>>
>>51936750
Third edition I think mentioned that Sleeping Tiger had PVC sleeves, animal print, spikes, and other gaudy shit
>>
>>51939582
Kinda, yeah.

Honestly, having it be a 25 Karma buy-in to eliminate the essence costs, but have some some sort of drawback thing, like mandatory Astral Beacon that works even when mundane.
>>
>>51939765
Screencap is up the page, anon. Regardless of the materials in use, trash&whores anons have blown the percentage and how they're used out of proportion, posting pictures of models in garbage bags and latex suits as part of their hyperbole.
>>
>>51937859
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>51939989
>posting pictures of models in garbage bags and latex suits as part of their hyperbole.
But anon, all we posted was the same girl in a PVC coat that you did, she was just showing off the goods in our picture.
>>
>>51940062
>you did
I didn't post pictures, anon. You're confusing me with someone you argued with.
>>
>>51940062
Anon, that belongs on >>>/trash/
>>
File: your waifu is a slut.png (209KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
your waifu is a slut.png
209KB, 500x363px
>>51940119
For you.

>>51940124
Oh wow, it's actually a board.
>>
>>51940163
Yeah, just found that out when I linked to it. I thought it was a meme. I kinda wish it'd just been a meme.
>>
File: chums.png (547KB, 550x743px) Image search: [Google]
chums.png
547KB, 550x743px
>>51939163
I want to know what the artist was on, and where I can get some. I refuse to believe that was intentional.
>>
>>51940185
>I refuse to believe that was intentional.
Eh?
>>
>>51937703
I don't understand this pic.
>>
>>51940223
Don't worry child, I found a detective to help you find a clue.
>>
>>51940163
For you.
>>
>>51940243
Care to just tell me then instead of continuing the cryptic act?
>>
>>51940243
>>51940223
>>51937703
For real though, "just like wikipedia told me to" doesn't seem like much of a punchline.
>>
File: the shadow.jpg (96KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
the shadow.jpg
96KB, 250x350px
>>51923140
>Dig up Nigel Findley Edition

Why you son of a bitch...he was the only good writer Shadowrun ever had!
>>
>>51940220
Okay. The pose is meant to be the classic 'twist' superhero sexy girl pose, yeah? If she was leaning forward, she wouldn't be that small on top. Her hips and arse are disproportionalty huge. Maybe she's just really fat. Okay, but the rest of her would be bigger unless she killed Nicki Minaj for her arse implants. She's got something weird with her calves, but I think that's mostly because the artist tried to draw a fat girl in a superhero pose and got the proportions nearly right down below. Up above again, look at her back and shirt. I can't decide if the artist wanted to show her twisting around at the hips or at the bottom lip of her shirt, but it looks as though she's got a second set of hips just below her shoulders and is twisting there.

Plus the logistics of standing on the balls of your feet and twisting like that - shit isn't easy, but whatever. It's just a drawing.
>>
>>51940285
I figure we can probably hook him up to a plant turbine and buy out all of CGL's books so they have profits, then sell the electricity produced. Use the money to either A) Find a way to haul him back from beyond the grave and set him to writing, or B) Drug frank trollman, lock him in a room with a few of the other freelancers who quit and make them produce, then mate the CGL books with their works and hope for the best.
>>
File: for you.png (402KB, 500x521px) Image search: [Google]
for you.png
402KB, 500x521px
>>51940310
Honestly, I think the girl just needs some more breasts, but hey, I'm just thinking with my dick here.

>>51940267
For you.
>>
>>51940393
Head's too small. Arms too small. If it's perspective, cool, but for fucks sakes make it obvious.
>>
File: Explain the Joke.jpg (129KB, 674x510px) Image search: [Google]
Explain the Joke.jpg
129KB, 674x510px
>>51940274
The joke is that attempting to sexually please a woman based on what an online encyclopedia says is a very silly thing to do.

>>51940278
2009 was a simpler age, when screencaps were made of one line of greentext and 20 reaction images.
>>
>>51940427
That's it? That's the joke? I dismissed that because it seemed too simple.

>2009 was a simpler age
Eh, it wasn't that long ago
>>
>>51940450
A joke doesn't need to be a 15-minute monologue on the state of politics. Sometimes the idea of a dumb teenager reading fucking Wikipedia to learn how to have sex is enough.
>>
>>51940450
>That's it? That's the joke? I dismissed that because it seemed too simple.
This desu.
>>
>>51940483
No it's not, I don't find it necessarily funny, Especially with clit location, Wikipedia is better than trusting your friends and their urban myths.
>>
File: CatWrestling.jpg (115KB, 1284x722px) Image search: [Google]
CatWrestling.jpg
115KB, 1284x722px
>>51940517
BRILLIANT.
>>
File: Disagree.jpg (32KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
Disagree.jpg
32KB, 500x328px
>>51940487
>>51940517
>>
>>51940393
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9994nv8BcU
For you.
>>
File: 1362743240245.jpg (9KB, 253x238px) Image search: [Google]
1362743240245.jpg
9KB, 253x238px
>>51940559
>>
Anyone got any advice as to the layout of a prison in the 6th world? What kind of procedures would be in place?
>>
>>51940744
Government, corporate, black, magician, decker, AI..
>>
>>51940768
Government, but run by a corp. It's a Knight Errant SecurMax (TM)
>>
>>51940784
KE are pretty military because Ares are turbo mall-ninja fucktards, so expect it to be a bit like a military jail - unpleasant. Lots of unpleasant drone stuff and rigger oversight. The security measures will vary by prisoner. There's some fiction in Runner's companion, but that's for an LS prison. No mages - they're either drugged and implanted until their talent cracks or kept hooked up to simsense and mage mask 24/7.
>>
>>51940895
Huge open air areas bristling with gun turrets, cameras, chemical dispensers. Basically metahuman barns. No comfort or privacy. Shitters on the wall so Bubba the Love Troll can get his fetish time in, etc.
>>
>>51940895
>Lots of unpleasant drone stuff and rigger oversight.

The place is likely run on a panopticon-ish model, with actual living guards being a rare sight and the threat of possible instant drone violence for any infraction being the main means of keeping the population in line.
>>
File: 371795.jpg (558KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
371795.jpg
558KB, 1920x1080px
How much of a good idea would it be to have the fixer give the party custom Ballistic masks w/inbuilt gasmasks (base, gas mask, and customization cost covered, any other features taken out of the PCs pocket or pay) as "welcome to the trade" gifts after they've completed their first run?
>>
>>51941022
But why?
>>
>>51941022
If the Fixer is trying to build a reputation for the crew it could be a good calling card. Slick enough not to be noticed by anyone tracking them, but visible enough so that potential employers know them as "These guys"
>>
File: Mask.jpg (83KB, 674x1185px) Image search: [Google]
Mask.jpg
83KB, 674x1185px
>>51941022
It definitely sets a Payday trenchcoat-style tone for the game. If that sounds like what you want, go for it. Let the PCs describe what their own masks look like, obviously.
>>
>>51941022

That is a good piece of gear. Just be aware players using the run and gun armor may not be able to use it because of strength limitations. Nothing sucks more than getting a piece of gear you can't use AND having to pay for it. Strongly consider giving it away free as it won't wreck any power curves, especially if some characters can't use them with their str and armor setup, or if some already have masks.

Custom items and benefits, even non-mechanical ones, can be very powerful motivators for PCs, especially if you play up how cool and exclusive they are. You could even go a bit homebrewy as long as you don't go nuts. For example making the masks raise their SC by 1 when worn for the purposes of stuff like interacting with cops, gangers, and syndicates.
>>
>>51940994
Well, the fiction I was talking about has them thrown into an intake facility. The first cop they see is the one giving them bunks, after about 30 minutes. Then everyone is chucked into the barn. There's a catwalk with room for people way up above, of course, but noone there. Three riggers run the facility.
>>
>>51941022
Make sure each has a small grenade in it, so it can b disposed of. Don't tell them that the fixer can detonate it too.
>>
Is the .25 ability boost for adepts as garbage as it looks? I mean, it seems like it doesn't do shit for Strength beefing due to not effecting damage or limits, Body doesn't give you boxes, Reaction doesn't give you more initiative. Seems like it needs to only be agility, since that's the only stat it can really help a ton.
>>
>>51941240
It absolutely is. It's bait. Especially with the drain - even if you only bought one level so you could have an extra bit of dicepool for whatever reason, you're eventually going to get fucked.
>>
>>51940310
What if it's an adept showing off a newly gained (probably through a qi focus or two) balance and contortion powers?

>>51941240
It can have some uses with Body for drain and damage resistance. Just not for itself. Plus the drain is pretty ignorable. Reaction would be also okay, if not for there being better ways of getting a better defense dice pool.
>>
>>51941300
Nigger, it is literally physically impossible to bend that way. It'd be like having a ball joint set just below her tits being the sole rotator so she could spin around and around like a blender.

Balance, yeah, sure. But that perspective is bizzare.
>>
>>51941240
It is only good for agility. It is pretty much mandatory on agility for non-burnout adepts though, and is common to take at .25 PP because of how ways end up forcing you to get .25 PP powers.
>>
>>51941350
Maaaaaaagic.
>>
>>51941350
>it is literally physically impossible
Magic, chummer. I ain't gonna explain shit.
>>
File: 1488247558741-2.png (429KB, 900x1322px) Image search: [Google]
1488247558741-2.png
429KB, 900x1322px
>>51940310
10,000 years in ms paint
>>
>>51941271
>>51941300
>>51941365
Ok, now hear me out fully before I get called retarded, but what if you got ability boost and then adept spell. The spell? Increase limits. I'm already hitting 20 dice with a limit of 10, I'm thinking maybe this could possibly be an ok combo. But it's just theory instead of practice for me right now because fuck getting adept spell unless I have a damn good idea on what I'm getting into.
>>
>>51941505
Nigger, you probably have a limit of 9-10, yeah? So you'd need 30 dice to reliably hit your limit. Don't worry about it. You want a spell, go with levitation or improved invisibility or Demolish (guns) or something.
>>
>>51941505
As far as I understand, Boost (Body) should give you extra resistance dice for your Adept Spell.

But if you have a limit of 10 and a pool of 20, you probably wouldn't get too much use out of that boosted limit. You're still a few dice away from regularly hitting a limit of 8, much less 10.
>>
>>51939789
I'd give a choice, or maybe make it proportional to how much essence loss you otherwise would have taken, the further removed from base human you are the more complications there are/the more valuable you are and more likely to be hunted.
>>
Had an idea for a character based on the video yekka linked here >>51938309 .

I just gotta see what I gotta cut to fit cyber-ears, datajack, the two muscle bio-augs, a nephretic screen 2, and narco into one point of essence. Probably going to need biocompat to try fitting in some of the 'ware as used.

And then figure out what kind of drugs to juice with, and decide on what kind of (contact) scum is using that as a front, the dealer or the fixer.
>>
>>51941505
Bad deal.

You can at best gain 4 in the attribute, while taking physical damage for casting the spell.

With psyche you are gaining up to 3 dice at the cost of a bunch of skill points, physical drain, the build considerations of optimizing drain resistance, and a full PP.

Without psyche, which is honestly more realistic as there are much more powerful drugs for an adept to take, you are gaining up to +2 on that stat at the cost of -2 to every other stat's rolls. You are probably much better off just spending the priority you uped to get more cash and then burning out 1 essence for 'ware boosts.

Adept boost is a .25 PP power that gives you +2 to the stat very consistently, sometimes +4, statistically has no drain, takes a simple instead of a complex to activate, and doesn't require skill or attribute support.

If you are trying to buff a non-agility stat then you are worse off, because now you are taking just a global action penalty to buff your soak or damage. In this case you definitely want 'ware.
>>
>>51941961
I think he's talking about Increase Inherent Limits from Street Grimorie (which should probably be called something like Lucky or Unlucky in universe) which directly raises one of the limits.

So it's really not useful for him, as he's short of being able to regularly hit 10 successes much less 11-16.
>>
Spoof chips, morphing licence plate, gridlink override, manual control override, vehicle tag eraser, maaaybe chameleon coating for that paint-job change.

Missing anything for the whole sneaky squirrel car-mod package? With the idea of using it as a get-away vehicle without needing to trash it.
>>
RIP in piss thread
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.