[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 29

Blaxploitation Edition

Previous Thread - >>51866345

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/bucking-broncos-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
Have you ever stolen from B-Movies?
>Hard Mode
Have you ever stolen from B-Movies and had it turn out well?
>>
FIRST FOR MAGE SUPREMACY
>>
Second for Sin-Eaters are pretty strong
>>
>>51879591
>Geistfag

A rare breed
>>
>>51879318
>>51879591
When will Geist 2nd edition come out
>>
>>51879702
>tfw no one wants to play Geist with me
It's the comfiest gameline even if it feels incomplete

>>51879719
1e was the 7th gameline to be released and they've only redone 4 so probably awhile
>>
I wrote this song about Mages, how supreme they are and how I am a Mage
>>
>>51879761
I wrote a script about how incredible Mages are and how they beat everyone else. Its been picked up by Netflix and will be entitled 'Dear non-mage people'
>>
>>51879318
I plan on incorporating Hitler's brain in a future game.
>>
>>51879800
>"people"
>non-mages being people
>>
>>51879826
>mages not being subhuman mental derilicts with delusions of grandeur
>>
>mage supremacy
>>
>>51879963
Only true for entropy mages
>>
>>51879817
Is he going to save the western world?
>>
>>51879963
No thats mage PLAYERS.
>>
Literally what is the point of these constant general threads beyond acting as a place for mage kids to get their M-MY GAME OF PRETEND IS BETTER THAN YOURS tantrums out
>>
>>51879800
I also wrote a script involving a Mage and a Werewolf. It will only be available at specialty outlets or illegal file sharing.
>>
>>51880025
This involves knots doesn't it
>>
>>51880009
Shitposting.
>>
>>51880009
It won't stop until everyone acknowledges the supremacy of Mage.
>>
File: tenacious d wizards.jpg (314KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
tenacious d wizards.jpg
314KB, 700x525px
Here's my song then

You can't kill the Mages
The Mages will live on
Vampires tried to kill the Mages
But they failed, as they were smite to the ground
Werewolves tried to kill the Mages
But they failed, as they were striken down to the ground
Wraiths tried to kill the Mage hahaha
They failed, as they were thrown to the ground

No-one can destroy the Mages
The Mages will strike you down with a vicious blow
We are the vanquished foes of the Mages
We tried to win for why we do not know

Changelings tried to destroy the Mages, but the Mages had its way
Prometheans then tried to dethrone the Mages, but Mages were in the way
Hunters tried to destroy the Mages, but Mages were much too strong
Geists tried to defile the metal, but geists were proven wrong

Demons tried to be ahead of Mages but no one is ahead of a Mage
Mummies tried to cheat the Mages but the Mages were much to wise
Beasts tried to be friends with the Mages but the Mages spit on their faces
Yea!

Mages!
They comes from the Supernal!
>>
Is "Doubting souls" any good?

One of the writers on that one has been set to handle Hunter 2e, and since Hunter is my favourite game line (Changeling is the only other one that really gets close in terms of consistent quality IMO) I'd like to know if I should be worried on that front.

The outline looks... dumb as fuck, and it seems they just want to cram as much stuff in as possible. But that may just be pessimism speaking.

>>51880009
They used to be great places to discuss the games until this "LOL MAGES ARE SO KEWL YOU GUYS" stopped being a weekly occurrence and became an hourly thing.
It still can be, when the people who are doing the memeing are asleep.
>>
>>51880086

Do magefags actually enjoy being magefags?
>>
>>51880104
Yes, although I doubt they are capable of thought beyond their circlejerks and shitposting.
>>
I just read Changing Breed, for some reasons I feel like I have become more retard
>>
>>51880507
You will forever retard
>>
I finally finished We eat Blood. If you want to read a strange story in an amusing shape on your phone I guess it's alright, 6/10.
I you want a WoD novel, it's utter shit. There's little wod elements, and it shits on them by having you suffer through the ramblings of the vegan black trans thinblood writing how the Elders have it all wrong, and generation doesn't matter.

They should have called it We're freaks and all our friends are unemployed.
>>
>>51880570
>They should have called it We're freaks and all our friends are unemployed.

That would have hit a little too close to home for the author.
>>
>>51880570

>black trans thinblood

Wew lad

Gotta hit that diversity quota.

By the way, I got the impression that there seemed to be a shitton of Masquerade violations in the story, so how come no one was taking care of that?
>>
>mage supremacy
>>
>>51880646
Cause fuck the Camarilla, bunch of fascist Trump supporters.
>>
>>51880646
Nines and his merry men were incapable of enforcing any sort of order after LaCroix died. To the surprise of absolutely no one.
>>
>>51880722

Hang on, this is happening in LA? This is actually a sequel (of sorts) to Bloodlines?
>>
>>51880740
I think it does, but I may be conflating it with Beckett's diary that's supposed to be released soon. The bottom line is that there's little to no Camarilla in the city and the anarchs start acting like a bunch of Malkavian antitribu.
>>
>>51880646
Vegan black trans thinblood, Anon.

Yeah, in the story it's almost like the Tremere are the rulers, and there's this bunch of thinbloods that think they're hot shiy. No Camarilla, no Sabbath.
>>
>>51880897
And no one has explained how vegan vampires work.
>>
>>51880897

>vegan

What?

She eats celery, not blood?
>>
>>51880646
Because LA.

It's stated that it's too big, too unruly and you have a thin blood who creates more thin bloods. Thus, the Tremere stepped in to inflict order upon the place. It's an ultra street level story. For all of it's other faults, I'll excuse that one.
>>
>>51880976

Yeah, but why aren't the Elders and the like stepping in to cull the herd? No one really wants thinbloods in their city.
>>
>>51880907
>>51880908
She writes that since her embrace, she feeds on vegan peoples. And she was vegan when alive.
No, it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>51880908
I've not even played the game, but I can imagine it's something like
>If I identify as a vegan, nobody has a right to tell me otherwise, regardless of what I eat.
>>
>>51881005
Yes it does, she's mentally defective.
>>
>>51881005

>she

>>51881011

>trany
>mentally defective

Tautology.
>>
File: 549a4813.jpg (52KB, 502x480px) Image search: [Google]
549a4813.jpg
52KB, 502x480px
>>51879344

Mages are supreme........ for breeding
>>
>>51880982

Thin-bloods, more like SHIT-bloods, amirite?
>>
>>51881141
This has gone on for two fucking weeks non stop.

If it was funny it isn't any more.
>>
>mage supremacy
>>
>>51881171

Neither is mage supremacy, but until it stops, we must keep giving them the knot!
>>
>>51881223
It really doesn't make sense though. I mean, yeah it's funny and the persistence is admirable, but any werewolf who tries to rape a mage is in for a world of hurt. And any mage who wants it is probably a weirdo Thrysus apostate.

Also
>swastika
>stitches
>gears
Am I looking at a nazi fraken-wolf?
>>
>>51881223
That isn't funny either, but replying to it with another unfunny joke doesn't make the situation better.

These generals are literally all shitposting now.
>>
>>51881407
No he's just cosplaying
>>
>>51881424

Might as well just pick a side, Anon. Dark times are ahead.
>>
>>51881464
Increase in shitposting is a sign of Gehenna anon
>>
>>51880086
I love this

Perhaps because I'm already familiar with the original.
>>
File: 2e970a7606a1fe9393a688254935b114.jpg (135KB, 727x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2e970a7606a1fe9393a688254935b114.jpg
135KB, 727x1000px
>>51881424

The only thing any of you get serious about is arguing about Mage mechanics. People have tried discussing Werewolf (both versions) and its 1-2 people shitposting at them. Vampire discussion automatically gets shitposted by people who think Mage trolling is the height of comedy. Everyone else either isn't interesting enough as a side splat to drum up more discourse, or they're waiting for a 2e version to drop.

You can really tell that some of these are new posters who may or may not have spilled over into here from Reddit and OPP Forums, or /v/ when the WtA game announcement went live. I would be surprised if it wasn't one of these three sources.
>>
>>51881520
>OPP Forums

Better /tg/ than that thin sheet of ice.
>>
>>51881520
At least wod still gets thread daily, Exalted and Scion are on the verge of death.
>>
>>51880976
The Tremere could just orchestrate a massacre. Why are thin bloods still around?
>>
>>51881005
>won't eat animals
>will eat people

Must be a crazy Tzimisce-descended Thinblood. Would fit with the tranny body mod theme.
>>
>>51881571
Thin bloods are a metaphor for millennials
>>
>>51881583

Yeah, but unlike killing millennials en masse, killing thinbloods won't get you in trouble.
>>
>>51881571

I assume population growth and good old lack of manpower.

Say you have one Sheriff (and this isn't LA that seems to be lacking a power structure) and has two or three lackies. You can maybe kill two-three thinbloods every other evening, providing you can find them.

Some thinbloods are basically making shovelhead thinbloods. In We Eat Blood alone, the main character and his friend are sired the same night, along with who knows how many others. Said friends turns two others because she pities them. It's looking like the start of an epidemic.
>>
>>51881610

And all the Elders seem to be 'busy' right now with an event no doubt soon to be covered elsewhere. Theya re getting 'Beckoned' East somewhere, and leaving fuckwits in charge.
>>
>>51881610
>mfw the new WoD Vampire plot is Elders enlisting a shit-ton of Hunters to deal with all these retards running around threatening to collapse literally everything.
I've not played the game, are there any thin-bloods smart enough to realise that running about doing obvious vampire shit is going to get them torched real quick when the humans get their shit together?
>>
>>51881610

LA was an Anarch hellhole, so that probably explains all the thin-bloods if the Camarilla and Sabbat fucked off.
>>
>>51881621

That's such a gay handwaving excuse to get them out of the picture.
>>
>>51881621

>can't have my retarded millennial empowerment game without getting rid of all the somehow less retarded Elders
>>
>>51881640
>tfw I'd much rather play a low gen neonate fighting for his life over a shit metaphor.
it's not fair.
>>
>>51881621

inb4 it's Caine or one of the Antediluvians calling them and just wiping the slate clean so that people new to WoD can jump into the roles that the Elders filled before, despite being high generation and thinblooded

Cappadocius pulled this shit with his own people in Kaymakli.
>>
>>51881628
>are there any thin-bloods smart enough to realise that running about doing obvious vampire shit is going to get them torched real quick

Short answer? No. Not one.

>LA was an Anarch hellhole, so that probably explains all the thin-bloods if the Camarilla and Sabbat fucked off.

Well, Bloodlines was what, a decade ago? Given the Tremere still have a presence, the only thing we can be sure of is pussy Prince go boom. Lacroix was mentioned, and VV is apparently still around, but on my particular run none of the Anarchs were mentioned.

>>51881636

That, or there is something bigger going on, and this was a fringe story. Really, the events in LA take place over a few nights, so it could just be handwaved that retribution just hadn't fallen yet.
>>
>>51881583
Shouldn't gen Z be thinbloods? Millenials are more like full-strength Caitiff 13s and 14s. The iGeneration is the Thinblood, since they're the last before Gehenna
>>
>>51881609
>being this old

Get off the computer, gramps. It's time for your meds.
>>
>>51881610
Hopefully a nice Lasombra qt will seize power and exterminate the riff-raff.
>>
>>51881640

It really does reek of this, unless it's explained well later. It wouldn't have been so bad if the thinbloods weren't basically every strawman left-wing millennial in one. I could perhaps have gotten behind the idea of playing a persecuted thinblood, trying to survive in a hostile society. Instead we got a mayhem playground of thinbloods, and all the Elders are on holiday.

If I understood correctly, even the main antagonist is a fledgling who was buried for a century so his power could grow. Who was then left in charge. Is that about right? because it didn't seem to make much sense.

>>51881653

Man, I fucking hope not.

>>51881680

Man, I hope so. As long as Damsel... and I guess Nines, make it out safe.

>>51881671

Maybe? Fuck if I know.
>>
>>51881671

Yeah, but the writers are millennial, and not Gen Z. The biggest issue is that it's generally snowflakes that are drawn to WoD. It's something I've had to deal with.

I think I'm the only none-Goth/subculture, not-left-wing, pro-Trump/Brexit ect of all the WoD tabletop gamers i know. I was drawn to the franchise by the Judeo-Christian background, interest in horror movies, and an interest in vampires.
>>
>>51881671
By >>51880570 description of the thinblood main character and her friends they sound like whiny, entitled millennials to me.
>>
File: Zillah_and_Caine.jpg (407KB, 953x2421px) Image search: [Google]
Zillah_and_Caine.jpg
407KB, 953x2421px
>>51881727

>I think I'm the only none-Goth/subculture, not-left-wing, pro-Trump/Brexit ect of all the WoD tabletop gamers i know. I was drawn to the franchise by the Judeo-Christian background, interest in horror movies, and an interest in vampires.

Nah, you're far from the only one being interested in VtM/VtR because you like vampires, and not politics shit.

It's just that the internet can be a giant echo chamber, with confirmation biases everywhere.
>>
>>51881743
>Zillah
ZILLA?!
>>
>>51881727
I feel ya, man. But the degeneracy is all over the industry, not only at OPP
>>
>>51881743

Sure, but I mean in real life. My gaming circle has around twelve people connected to it, around six who are interested in WoD in more than a 'its something to play' sense, and two are hipster geeks, three are goths, and... me.
>>
>>51881791
Any of the goths hot?
>>
>>51881733
Gramps, I'm serious. The doctor says if you skip your doses you'll start reliving Korea again
>>
>>51881727

Man I would take the old 90's goths in a heartbeat over the current faggots this is trying to pander to.
>>
>>51881727
I'm more of a Neo-Bolshevik myself, but I can't really relate to the Flannel Tranny set. They just don't care enough about economic justice or class warfare.
>>
>>51881791
That's what wod was and started out and has no intention of changing. I mean you have to deal with the fact that you like something that was not at all catered to you.
>>
>>51881733
got to pander what you believe your main audience is
>>
>>51881697
Nines was a cool dude. He could probably talk some sense into the Caitiff losers.
>>
>>51881727
>>51881743
I want to marry Lilith!
>>
>>51881733
You really think a few lines about a shitty mobile VN is compelling evidence for anything?
>>
>>51881818

Of course they don't anon, that would require personal sacrifice and possibly risking life and limb for the equality they desire. The current brand are from the decaying white American and European middle class who were left to their own devices on the internet at a young age.

It didn't start clicking with me until I had to actually work a lot of shitty blue collar jobs while putting myself through college, just how important those issues are. As someone who *wants* to be a leftist faggot, I can't find a lot of reason to sympathize with the younger millennial minorities in their echo chamber, nor the older Boomer and GenX ones currently engaged in our politics.

I won't be surprised if I turn into some kind of post-neocon libertarian in the next decade or two, say I d on't trying to live out in a cabin in the woods away from all the lunatics.
>>
>>51881821
As if Caitiff are good for anything but the torch
>>
File: Lilith_garden.png (2MB, 1140x1587px) Image search: [Google]
Lilith_garden.png
2MB, 1140x1587px
>>51881826

Wasn't she cursed by God to fall in love easy, but never to be loved in return, or at least loved for a short while and then abandoned?
>>
>>51881821
Nines is a two-bit player unfit to lead anything larger than his merry men. Isaac was the most powerful anarch in LA.
>>
>>51881851
Just dedicate your life to destroying Capitalism. It's the only sensible approach.
>>
>>51881877

Yes basically.
>>
>>51881808
I'm not that old dammit
>>51881841
You don't think they're using thinbloods railing against systems they view is unjust as a blatant metaphor for millennial activists? The only way they could be more blatant would be crying about "generation privilege" or "thinblood lives matter".
>>
File: pupper is not amused.jpg (338KB, 768x620px) Image search: [Google]
pupper is not amused.jpg
338KB, 768x620px
>>51881891
God damn Commie retards.
>>
>>51881891

I try to be more active in local politics and vote on state matters. Otherwise I'm a packrate and act like a huge Jew about my finances. My coworkers are bewildered when they find out I have no debt. I also rent which has been a losing game so far but I'm not in a position to get a mortgage and I'm thinking about looking for work in the boonies anyway, even being an hour out from a major city costs too fucking much nowadays thanks to fucking Amazon bringing in Hindis and neckbeards like locusts.
>>
>>51881808

He's not me. I'm the gramps you talked to earlier. And I'm not even that old anyway. Only 40 years old.
>>
>>51881907

I'm only 31 right now. You feel like your creativity has dropped or you've slowed down at all?
>>
>>51881915

Not at all. I suppose it just comes down to what you surround yourself with and whether you actually enjoy it.
>>
File: maga tiger.png (267KB, 1024x269px) Image search: [Google]
maga tiger.png
267KB, 1024x269px
>>51881891

Thank god a Changing Breed was voted in to office. He is bringing back traditional were-values to this morally bankrupt, degenerate nation!
>>
>>51881818

Old WoD had something for everyone. Beckett is fucking awesome, no matter who you are. Tghere are clans for every occasion. Goth, Punk, rocker or Classical scene, they had you senpai. A game line for every supernatural interest.

I still have hope. It's thin and brittle, but it's there. We Eat Shit was terrible, but Mage wasn't bad at all, I really enjoyed it despite how short it was.

>>51881851

I have a lot of liberal opinions, I just also recognize the value of society and the rule of law, and respect our centuries-to-millennia (depending where you are) of culture and history. I also see a world where people are genuinely arguing and demonstrating over 'gay right' and social issues, when homelessness and unemployment are still immense issues that barely any one of these fuckwits seems to give a damn about. Fuck, i wish i had the angry dome gif handy.
>>
>>51881899

This. So much fucking this.

You could perhaps argue it was intentional satire, but if so, it went full fucking circle back to just being irritating. The same way someone using 'triggered' ironically or as a joke still evokes that feeling of irritation.
>>
>>51881933

I hate using this word, but its a very entitled attitude. I can see wanting to not be treated like a monster, but at the same time I don't see them fighting for anything else. Meanwhile their livelihood is being bled out and given over to foreigners who have no intent of living here and bolstering our economy or culture, much less an equal value of cultural exchange.
>>
>>51881899

WHAT system?

WHAT SYSTEM do they rail against in the game? The Elders that propped it up aren't even there! At best you have, what, a few neonates being dickheads?

It provides so little insight except to make the millennials they want to champion and draw into their game look like psychotic retards.
>>
>>51881877
I can abandon her after we're married!
One step at a time, Jehovah.
>>
>>51881883
Yeah, but he was weak. Only sentiments were gay shit. No sense of righteous fury, just Toreador bullshit.
>>
File: The angry dome.gif (144KB, 284x170px) Image search: [Google]
The angry dome.gif
144KB, 284x170px
>>51881933

> i wish i had the angry dome gif handy.

Got you covered.
>>
>>51881877

If you follow DtF's lore from that era Adam and Eve were basically braindead retarded caveman stereotypes. This was actually a thing the Fallen and Lucifer were mortified by after all the cosmos-bending work they went through to make Eden and the world a paradise for God's new children.

And they turn out to be thoughtless morons.

So can you really blame Lilith, who showed no signs of Adam and Eve's labotomized retardation, to look upon Adam and go 'uh, no thanks'?
>>
>>51881899
Gramps, please. You're upsetting Mom. Why do you think she stopped visiting?
>>
>>51881989

>So can you really blame Lilith, who showed no signs of Adam and Eve's labotomized retardation, to look upon Adam and go 'uh, no thanks'?

IMO, this just goes to show what a huge dick God is. He makes a braindead moron as the first Man, then makes Lilith, who's actually sentient and thinking and probably wouldn't even be a bad partner if you treated her like an equal, so she really has no other option but to fuck off?
>>
>>51882001

Yep. And when she has good reason to show disgust he punishes her for not being a good little simpleton.

But hey Old Testament god is full of tempestuous wrath and expected exultation. You didn't worship him because he was a nice guy who had your back, you worshiped him because he was Bigger and Badder than every other god and you should rightfully be afraid of what happens if you do not obey him.
>>
>>51882014

God in oWoD just seems to be a dick overall.

Even to the Kuei Jin, in his role as the August Personage of Jade. Didn't some of the Yama Kings see him smile mysteriously after things went to shit?

Is there a single splat where he's not a dick?
>>
>>51882026

No, but its better to have him on your side than not.

Unless you are an Archmage.
>>
>>51882026
Thats why the ending for oWoD where Caine calls Abel back to apologize and then just kills him again is the best one. Fuck God.
>>
>>51881965
Gerontocracy. In the same way that millennial activists claim to be against "patriarchy" and "white supremacy" they can't actually point to a tangible enemy. They are against the very concept existing.
>>51881990
I'm 24 dammit. I just got smacked across the face when I acted up as a kid.
>>
>>51881965
are you implying the generation of leftist millenials is not comprised of narcisstic retards for whom activism is just another way of self-gratification
>>
>>51881902
Just wait and see, comrade dog. Capitalism will put you down.
>>
>>51881899
Whether or not thinbloods were used as a millennial metaphor in this particular piece of subpar fiction doesn't prove that's the whole of what they are in the greater WoD.

I'm not arguing against your claim so much as I am your shit justifications for it.
>>
>>51882121
My parents lived under communism I think I'd rather go down with capitalism than live in that shit thank-you very much.
>>
>>51881906
You should find a cute Indian girl and settle down, Anon.
>>
>>51881915
>>51881907
Gramps, the shrink told you about this last week. Stan's gone. He died at the Chosin Reservoir. You're imagining everything; we're the only ones here!
>>
>>51882126
I was referring to that piece of fiction, not to the thinblooded's place in wod as a whole. It was some what shitposty but overall an apt description of the characters in the piece.
>>
>>51882042
That seems like an asshole thing to do to abel who was just a victim the entire time.
>>
>>51882192
Yeah but it was still hilarious.
>>
>>51882192
>Caine is an asshole who does asshole things
More news at 11.
>>
>>51882192

Abel was set up by God to be a victim.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>51882177
>my whole life could just be a death bed illusion that my asshole grandson who insists on calling me gramps is trying to rouse me out of
>>
>>51882192
Blaming God when Caine is the one at fault and that none of this would have happenned if he just apoligized is the cool thing to do.
>>
>>51882252
Oh shit please dont wake up man. I dont want to fade into the back of your mind again, shits scary in there.
>>
>>51882262
I'm tired of living a lie, anon.

It's time to move on.
>>
>>51882371

Sam Tyler pls. We both know you'll throw yourself off a roof to come back here in a week. Maybe 2.
>>
>>51882383
My record is currently 18 days.
>>
>>51882256
>Apologizing to God when the nigger didn't want my sacrifice
No, fuck you
>>
>>51882602
You're not apologizing to God, you're apologizing to your brother, whom you killed because you were a child throwing a tantrum because God prefered his sacrifice.
>>
>>51882679
God still was a dick. Why wouldn't he take Cain sacrifice? Meat is much better down with some vegetables.
>>
Re: God and Adam and Eve

The wording put forth in the Bible is pretty specific anyway, that God made mankind in his Image, in what could be pretty easily seen as a huge ego-stroke like building an expensive foyer simply to hang up your own velvet portrait.

You don't NEED smarts to be a monument to some greater beings magnitude, especially if you're essentially the signature at the bottom saying "I made this."
>>
>>51882696

Began vegans are gay and god hates fags.
>>
>>51882696
God also hates foreskin despite inventing it. God is just a confusing cunt.
>>
>>51882703

But didn't God also push the angels into rebelling? I specifically remember how God had Lucifer rebel and lead the rebels on his orders.
>>
>>51882733

He prefers to have a 'nemesis' who can tempt the weak and thin the ranks so only the truly faithful remain.

Its an arrangement that only benefits God in the end. And even then he doesn't actually need their worship, he just expects it of all his creations.
>>
>>51882725

Nah, that is just Israelite hygene policy and cultural hatred for the lewd neighbors deceptively written as canon fanfiction. God doesn't care, but ancient Jews were furious that their kids were masturbating to big titted Ishtar statues instead of studying and worshipping YWHW.

Its like Biblical Dr. Kellogg.
>>
>>51879719
>>51879756
It's the next 2e Splatbook coming after Changeling, it's surprisingly pretty decently far along in development. Maybe we'll get it before the end of the year if we're lucky?
>>
>>51883074
I wouldn't get my hopes up, OPP has already a quite busy schedule with all the kickstarter-funded supplements (Mummy's still having releases from its crowdfunding more than 3 years ago).
>>
>>51883101
>exalted is still not out yet after all this time.
>>
>>51883101
Well I mean the only solace is that Geist 2e has apparently been in development behind the scenes since around like 2014-2015 and everyone was surprised it took them until 2016 to announce it was coming even though people already knew it was happening.
>>
>>51883190
Core is, at least.
>>
>>51883190
>dead game
>>
>>51882714
So He has some redeeming qualities, after all
>>
Is Dracula the Trump of tabletop RPGs?
>>
>>51883190
Hey, I had to verify my shipping address, so it might be shipped soon !
On a more serious tone, fuck them for starting this ks without anything done.
>>
>>51883267
>The worst part of exalted is done
Huzzah now that the necessary shit is over we'll only have to wait five years to fill it with everything good but not before special snowflake the worst idea out of holden and morke comes out before core exalts.
>>
File: qt thyrsus.png (329KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
qt thyrsus.png
329KB, 680x660px
Stop stereotyping Thyrsus as sluts. Some are pure maidens who have Wisdom.
>>
I've read a bit about DavidH since the drama, and man, some of his ramblings remind me of conversations I've had with Aspel.
>>51880635
It's more truer to the game than the original title, I love it.
>>
So, two of the biggest problems with crossover games are that power levels are fucked, which is fine if you don't have any of Those Guys, and that Vampires can't play if the sun's out.

How badly would it fuck the mechanics up to say "Alright, vampire sunlight weakness is a myth," and just let them act as normal?
>>
>>51883676

Lol son more like 5 years to get only special snowflake done , and then it will still have typos, errors, and be incredibly underwhelming because muh solar supremacy demands everyone has to suck
>>
>>51884017

Not as much as you'd think if they still freakout at fire and contend with blood potency.
>>
>>51884104
I'm fine with that.
>>
Good Shadow Name for Mage specializing in Wind, Air, and Flight?
>>
>>51884087
We'll have to see. Personally i don't give a shit.you can liter write the out with the jade proson can't be broken if you want. The real issue is if all this edition is going to be is exalted vs exalted because they were too lazy to make credible threats.
>>
>>51884155
Wright. Earhart. Lindbergh.

Actually, Lindbergh loved Hitler, so maybe not that one.

Unless you're also a Daksha...
>>
>>51884155
The Little Prince. The Red Baron.
>>
>>51883777

HA HA HA HA no
>>
>>51883939

David hill is the aspel of opp
>>
>>51884191

Going by the core bool thst is the case, but the antagonist section of non-solar exalted opponents was a joke, my players buttraped every challenge if i went by RAW using the book enemies.

I had to make Solar NPCs of greater XP value to actually challenge my PCs. Granted, they teamwork well and optimized heavily, but the game is designed around you cheesing it thanks to Supernal Abilities. It does not bode well if you expect Holden to deliver on actually useful opponents to put in your game.
>>
>>51882795
OT god was a kike who was replaced by Jesus.
>>
>>51884230
Lindbergh didn't want Western Civ to fall to mass immigration and circumcision? And that's bad?

Found the entropy mage
>>
>>51884155
Icarus.
>>
>>51881548
There are fates worse than death, anon. Also, people are even trying for Scion generals these days? I thought everyone gave up until anything came out of the kickstarter after the threads went to shit due to nothing to talk about during the kickstarter.
>>
>>51885043
Considering the game is unplayable it's hard to see how it has a fanbase.
>>
File: 1487882839738.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487882839738.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>51881520
>Bloo bloo

Umm sweetie, you're already under the control of a Mind Archmage. I don't know what you did to threaten his plans, but now that you've entered his attention your entire life is subject to mage whims.

>Mind: Viral memes that alter personalities, opinions, or memories and spread to anyone a subject communicates with.
>>
>>51884155
"Billowy Jeff, of Billowy Jeff's Crazy-High Up Emporium, where the only way up is our "Up Only" escalator and the only way down is a parachute, which is all we sell."
>>
>>51881223
Archmage creates Apeiron.

>Give it properties to spread throughout continent
>1 atom per cubic meter of space
>When knot is exposed all atoms within a statewide area flood towards it
>And form a cockring made of silver
>When anything tries to remove it it shrinks in circumference
>>
>>51884017
It can work out like Dracula, you can walk when there is the sun, but you are weaker.
>>
>>51883530
?
>>
>>51882795
Post big tittied Ishtar statues please
>>
>>51882795
To think how much porn has improved over the millenia...
>>
>>51883777
I don't believe that woman ever visited the Primal Wild.
>>
File: 1487866312892.jpg (112KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487866312892.jpg
112KB, 480x800px
What does destroying a soul do?

Looks like Death mages got the rough end of the stick as bad as Entropy mages in Imperial Mysteries.

>Ha I destroy your cells!
>Erm, you're immune to aging? Well then I make them all die!
>I-I suppose I'm trying to make them die via aging...uhhh...
>I give you cancer- oh you're in perfect control of your body that's right.
>What? You're going to disconnect each of my cells and make them move a cm apart?
>No Ms. Thyrsus I'll die don't do that!
>Auuuuuugh

And scene.
>>
>>51880086
"Deviant tried to destroy the mage, but mages *mnjcGHhh*"

Mages last seen dead from paradox overload due to corporation over exposure
>>
>>51881610
Angeleno here! Allow me to provide context.

In WoD lore, anyone who tries to take control of LA fails. It's overpopulated already and part of the anarch free state. And by that, I mean that it's split between different crews of Anarch who only unite long enough to push out anyone who tries to assume control, Prince LaCroix notwithstanding. Keep in mind that that was written when LA was Chicago by the sea.
>>
>>51885385

Wasn't LA pretty much being fucked by the Kuei Jin influence though?

Anarchs never acted against them.
>>
>>51838326
>>51838877

Still waiting.
>>
>>51885453
Yeah, but KotE looks set to be memory holed out of existence. V20 Anarchs Unbound has the place still being a balkanized Anarch hellhole.
>>
>>51885717

>balkanized

I feel like I should feel offended this actually became a term to be used worldwide.
>>
>>51885338
Little motivation to live, no ability to awaken and go back to keep if you were a mage.
>>
Mages are the literal incarnation of power corrupts, and they don't even try to mask it.
>>
>>51885776
Mages are only as powerful as the ST lets them be. Magefags had pussy STs that let them do whatever, anti-Magefags had STs who ruled with an iron fist and narrowed their powers too much. Everyone who has fun with Mage and isn't a faggot had a ST who could actually run this shit.
>>
>>51885338

Why are Thyrsus so lewd?

And they wonder why they get werewolf knot all the time!
>>
>>51885338
Umm... you misunderstand Death magic. It isn't anti-Life, it's the cessation of existence and endings. Death Magic don't make you die via aging or cancer - that's Time and Life magic. It rots your flesh and makes it wither. And Imperial Death Magic can erase you as a concept or destroy your soul outright (except Archmages, but you can damage their Paths via it).
>>
So what actually happens at a Vaulderie? Aside from the actual ritual, are there any other festivities?
>>
Which is the least racist Tribe and how come it's the Get of Fenris?
>>
File: nope.png (165KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
165KB, 600x600px
>>51885338
>>
>>51884017
Honestly I feel like it would be a necessary change, but there would be a big tonal shift for vampires if they did that, as well as other changes to their fluff. Travel wouldn't be an issue, they could keep up the Masquerade better, they could maintain non-vampire relationships more easily, etc. For me, the whole sunlight thing was one of the things that really made them feel damned.
>>
So, here's a question for y'all. Ahrimanes (Gangrel Bloodline) have sterile blood as a clan flaw; they can't make vampires the traditional way, and their vitae can't make ghouls, but there's no clear ruling on if their blood can sustain a pre-existing ghoul.

My inclination is to say "If they can't make them, then they can't sustain them", that their blood lacks the 'oomph' to maintain the ghouldom; it's basically empty calories, tastes good (relatively speaking), but doesn't even count towards a ghoul's blood pool.

Can I get a second opinion on this?
>>
>>51887305
Well, my group is more "I wonder what the parents from Scooby Doo and the Ghoul School were doing in the meantime? Probably action movie shit" than "Woe upon us, the damned and forgotten! We shall never again taste the kiss of heaven's sweet fiery lips upon our perfect backsides!"
>>
>>51887324
I'd agree. No ghouls.
>>
>>51885338
Death is a fucking great Arcanum. For a Mage, losing souls can be a huge problem as they eventually lose their magic if they don't get another one, and guess which Arcanum they would need for that? Death.

Not only that, but Death magic doesn't work like you think it does. It doesn't have anything to do with aging, it straight out rots and degrades shit, pure and simple. It can be fixed with Life magic, sure, but so can damage from all the other Arcana so it's really no different.

Plus ghosts, Twilight, cold, endings, and darkness are all very useful things to have command over.
>>
>>51887379
Okay? Thanks for sharing, I guess.
>>
>>51886261
10/10 bodies and looks. Able to enhance all pleasure to unimaginable levels. Perfect contraception. Literally infinite sexual stamina and immunity to disease.

The real question is why aren't all Thyrsus massive hedonists?
>>
Besides power levels, is there any other reason why the various splatfags hate magefags?

Is it because mages aren't actual monsters in the traditional sense?
>>
>>51887524
They aren't a traditional monster, they're more powerful, and they're dicks.
Source : I'm a MtAsc fan.
>>
>>51887524
I love Mages, but they're a very human monster, they're massive fucking busybodies, they have an annoying habit of trying to fold other splats into their understanding of cosmology, and very minor uses of their abilities can render other splat's issues mostly irrelevant.

For example, Prime can disrupt diquiet, Time can wind the clock back until when someone wasn't a Vampire, and Spirit/Life could probably do something about a Werewolf's instincts.

People see it like playing the game on easy mode.
While I like using it to explore shit no other splat could get into.
>>
>>51887524
I imagine the other splats probably hate Mages for a bunch of reasons, and at the risk of sounding a little arrogant I would say jealousy is one, but not the biggest.

Mages in both lines are essentially human, meaning that they have human flaws, but amped up hard since they have tons of power to throw around. Imagine the worst know-it-all you've ever met, then the most neurotic, and finally add severe tunnel vision when it comes to obsessions. Throw in a dash of real danger and you have other splats' general picture of Mages.
>>
>>51887524
My main complaint with Mage isn't the system itself, but the players. From personal experience, those who play mage don't just play arrogant douche-waffles; they act like ones as well. It's like everything is an out-of-character dick measuring contest.

I'm sure there's non-asshole Mage players around, I just haven't met them.

On a mostly unrelated note, anybody here play Sorcerer?
>>
I consider ordering a PoD of MtAw 2e, is the layout fixed ? I found 1e almost unreadable at times.
>>
>>51888067
>Sorcerer

Mage lite
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
So just out of curiosity, what do you all think of this man?
>>
>>51888144
Ad Man
>>
>>51887524
Mage as a game is a REALLY fucking weird departure from WoD as a whole to be one of it's three main games. It's notorious for attracting minmaxing faggots who crybully their GM into letting them do what they want (whether or not the reputation is deserved is a matter left to personal experience), and like >>51887637 said, the Metaplot doesn't revolve around them, but they desperately want it to.

Magefags, meanwhile, are a bunch of metagaming cockgarblers who play WoD to "win," the same way your Chaotic Evil teamkilling Half Orc with no backstory beyond "He's a tough guy" plays DnD to "win."

Crossovers in WoD require a lot of care to avoid overpowering one splat's story, and Magefags want nothing more than to do exactly that. On the flip side, puritans who say "one splat for one Chronicle" hate them still because, if they aren't playing Mage, then nothing Mages do should matter.

People who can play Mage without throwing a fucking Pride Parade over it are alright, though.
>>
>>51888144
A pretty cool guy. I haven't read the stuff he's written, but his lore videos are useful.
>>
Anyone catch that implication in mage 2e that archmages don't die if you kill their body?
>>
>>51888144
he's alright but would probably look better with longer hair
>>
>>51888245
I can agree to that. His vids are useful to getting the basic idea of the game, and they're entertaining enough. Pretty Ok stuff. but his YTE was a complete disaster that fell flat after two years
>>
File: im tearing up.png (11KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
im tearing up.png
11KB, 390x470px
>>51888267

>Killing Archmages
>>
>>51888414
Archmages were fucking rediculous in 1e but could still die if they weren't careful. This is insane.
>>
>>51887451
Because the Whipping Boys are an Obrimos legacy.
>>
>>51888267

Archmages were bullshit In Ascension, they're bound to be bullshit in Awakening.

Ain't no way around it, sonny jim.
>>
File: 1423515855743.jpg (197KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1423515855743.jpg
197KB, 1280x720px
>>51886338
>>51887420

Ummm sweetie, you can't rot what doesn't rot. You can't age the perpetually young my sweet summer child.

The Thyrsus is a qt lush mound of Venus and you are impotent and limp by her will.

And that six dot nonsense doesn't get used in games so falling back on it is silly, because it gets cancelled out by your target's knowledge of your intent. At her whim, everyone on earth could become a qt princess with only the best intentions because they'll never know the hard life of an uggo neckbeard. No one will want to murder anyone then. Or she could just like, counter your shit like every other mage.

So keep it real beneath 5, tiger.

Furthermore once you become knotted you will never recover and will always be drippy.

qt thyrsus a tight, tight!

>>51887451
Dionysos was a Thyrsus!
>>
File: 1478307528813.gif (444KB, 350x375px) Image search: [Google]
1478307528813.gif
444KB, 350x375px
>>51886261
Only people with hideous bodies want everyone to cover up. They can never be as close or friendly as a qt who wants to share everything.

Only the ugly hide themselves away.
>>
What's the best edition for newcomer in vampire?
>>
File: 1487772088235.jpg (10KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
1487772088235.jpg
10KB, 219x230px
>>51888439
Not really. Ever heard of a Lich's phylactery, my dear boy?
>>
>>51888590
5th
>>
>>51888590
2e for Requiem or 20th anniversary for Masquerade.
>>
>>51888523
Ascension Archmages were arguably even more bullshit if you abused Wonders and held spells.

IE, you could theoretically end the universe by chewing bubble gum.
>>
>>51888590

None. Vampire is shit. Do not play Vampire.

Bring down the Vampfags by not playing their silly games.
>>
>>51888529
>Ummm sweetie, you can't rot what doesn't rot.
Literally read the Death spells. You can't rot the stone or metal, but you can wear them down to dust. So you can do with immortal flesh. It doesn't age up? You make it age up with Death magic.

>At her whim, everyone on earth...
But whom I am arguing with? You are clearly delusional shitposter. Keep spewing your nonsense, retard.
>>
>>51888608
>>51888640
>>51888665
That's consensual
>>
>>51888529
>you can't rot what doesn't rot. You can't age the perpetually young my sweet summer child.

But you can? Death doesn't require something to be capable of rotting to make it decay. It just makes decay.
>>
>>51888439
Anon, you don't even need to be an Archmage to become an immortal Lich.

Can an indefinite Unmaking Death spell on yourself, you'll return from beyond the grave every ritual interval so long as the spell's still active, and so long as you've cast Soul Jar to staple your soul to your corpse, or your dedicated tool or something.

And then you hunt down and bind all of your Ghosts formed from all of the times you've died to your will, forming an unholy alliance with yourself.

I had an NPC do that in my last game.
Before they could destroy her Soul-Wand though, the Mysterium snatched it up and locked it up in one of their deepest vaults.
So it's technically feasible that if someone stole the wand, and resurrected her, she could return in her full glory and power.
And continue her perverted work.
>>
What is Clash of Wills?
>>
>>51888702
>What is Clash of Wills
Something not prompted for near enough by RAW to be a meaningful defense to magic.
>>
File: Goratrix.jpg (50KB, 431x529px) Image search: [Google]
Goratrix.jpg
50KB, 431x529px
>Reading Blood Treachery and the history of the Tremere/Hermetic conflict
>Its great lore but I can't get over the fact that there is absolutely no way the war wouldn't be a one-sided curbstomp of ridiculous proportions.

I really should adapt this some day to another setting. The idea of a medieval world where 'Magic is dying' and stone dragon skeletons are being picked out of the mountains by scholars so a group of magicians give up what amounts to their soul to become unholy monsters and survive is a great story, but sadly one that doesn't really work here.
>>
>>51888683
what keeps something like that from being dispelled? Like legit asking for interest sake
>>
>>51888702
When two supernatural powers want to do different things, and you have to determine which beats the other.

The roll is usually Power Stat + Arcanum/Gift/Discipline + Duration Modifier

So Mages with their indefinite powers can be pretty good at them, and ephemeral entities are surprisingly garbage.

A Rank 3 Spirit can at best roll 9 dice at a Clash of Wills, and that's using a Willpower, along with an Influence of 3 dots.
>>
>>51888726
Because not everything needs to be clashed.
>>
>>51888590
20th anniversary
>>
>>51888739
A Veiling Spell.
Can't dispel the spell if you can't see it.
You need to know or at least suspect it's there, and then beat the Mage on a Clash of Wills to perceive it with active Mage Sight.
>>
>>51888144
Pretty good, my usual firsy source if i need a little inspiration for a game
>>
>>51888529
Where does it say that Life cancels Death rot and Time aging? I imagine it would provoke a Clash of Wills, at most, if the target had the appropriate active Life spells in their pattern.
>>
>>51888640
Both are good. You want something that exists on a grand scale go V20 want something feeling more intimate go requiem
>>
>>51888776
What happens when someone finally figures out the thing is magical and trys to scrutinize it?
>>
>>51889019
If you let your soul jar out of your control you are probably fucked.
>>
>>51880982
The prevaling theory is that it's tied into the 'new metaplot' of WW that involves a lot of dead-ass or in hiding elders due to the Second Inquisition, and Neonates and Ancillae rule.
>>
>>51888267
He's still 'vulnerable' inside his chantry/golden road.

So good fucking luck with pulling that off.
>>
>>51889088
I prefer the "LA just sucks ass" explanation myself. It matches up better with the real world too.
>>
>>51881697
>Damsel and Nines

>>51881697
I had a player literally almost break down in tears (I didn't ACTUALLY mean to) when they witnessed the bombing of the Last Round and Damsel, Nines and Skelter all bit the big one in my TT game.
>>
>>51889019
The Mysterium already knew her soul was inside her wand.
They took the wand to save her soul from loss, not for her benefit you understand, but because her Legacy was self-made and she never taught anyone it.

So they had to save it from destruction, given that she's currently no longer a threat.
Consilium, Guardians included, were pissed. But guess what? They didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>51889093
>He's still 'vulnerable' inside his chantry/golden road

Heh.

Trying to enter an archmage's Golden Road/Chantry uninvited, no less attacking him within his ultimate sanctum, is little more committing suicide by mage.
>>
File: Nice.jpg (48KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nice.jpg
48KB, 540x720px
>>51889161
political stress between allies, along ideological differences. I approve
>>
I want to unmake people
>>
>>51889263
An insight into the personality of your average mystagogue.

https://youtu.be/dBMD485iG9g
>>
>>51889342
Holy fuck. I might have laughed a bit too hard at this.
>>
>>51889342
Who's machines?
>>
File: 1478689252906.png (29KB, 218x196px) Image search: [Google]
1478689252906.png
29KB, 218x196px
>>51888670
>Uses 6 dot death nonsense as defense
>behaves like entropy mage when bootyblasted that someone else does the same

Mmm, death is weak and you feel disarmed that others know this. All your examples are everything that isn't the flesh of the qt Thyrsus who is going to wreck your shit. You can't rot the unrottable.

And you certainly shouldn't be resorting to Imperial Mysteries everytime a qt pwns you in public.
>>
>>51888647
>bubble gum doomsday device

Sounds hilarious. How does one go about doing this?
>>
>>51889398
>>51889426
Who the Guardians think they are.

https://youtu.be/ui4iWdqG3_A?t=30s

When in reality.

https://youtu.be/Oyvz_g5bnFc?t=32s
>>
>>51889496
You're my favorite magefag here.

Just wanted to let you know.
>>
>>51889088

>implying it wouldn't have been the neonates and ancilia getting killed while the Elders engaged a million contingency plans for such an occasion.
>>
File: Phanes.jpg (58KB, 400x740px) Image search: [Google]
Phanes.jpg
58KB, 400x740px
>>51888806
>>51888675

You can't decay constantly rejuvenating cells because of the Life magic doing the exact opposite at a faster speed. You can't age the cells because they have removed the aging process.

Attacking the cell shouldn't be the go to route for lesser magics.
>>
>>51889580
Hey, I'm just reiterating what was said in an interview. I, for one, would love to see more neonate/ancilla focus with elders being the big boogeymen of the setting again.
>>
>>51889645
>You can't decay constantly rejuvenating cells because of the Life magic doing the exact opposite at a faster speed
Okay, but where is this stated in the rules? It also sounds like a higher potency Death spell could overcome this by just "decaying the cells faster than they can be restored" or whatever. Again, it would result in a Clash of Wills at most.

>You can't age the cells because they have removed the aging process.
Life magic doesn't offer true, permanent immortality. It helps to retain youth and extend lifespans but it doesn't wholly "remove the aging process". Their is a spell for that, but it requires Death and Life and only lasts for a week. A Life spell to retain a youthful appearance could again be overcome by a higher potency Time spell.
>>
>>51889855
>There is a spell for that
Yeah, Practice of Excision, 8 dots.
Lasting effect.
>>
>>51889532
>Massive Forces 9 ritual
>Throw in Charm mechanics
>Pack of delicious super-bubble gum is made
>Chew said super-bubble gum
>Blow big bubble
>Pop bubble
>Universe explodes

Charms are pre-rolled once they have been made, and created in batches. Similar to Time 4 hung spells but far better. Essentially this would turn the Mage into a D&D Wizard, only far more dangerous and versatile.

It would be more efficient to create an Artifact instead, as it only requires a single success (in this case to blow up the universe) to use them, and doesn't get consumed in the process. The Paradox would be enormous, but Mages are constantly suicidal with total disregard for consequences.

No ST is going to be gullible enough to allow this, but it's entirely RAW.
>>
>>51888529
I want to marry the Earth Goddess!
>>
>>51889889

The Practice of Excisions (and Entities) is 7 dots.

Dominions is 8 dots, while le grand Transfiguration is 9.
>>
>>51889955
My bad.
Also Transfiguration is utterly retarded and only useful for game-ending rituals.
>>
>Beast Magic lets a Changing Breed learn up to 3 dots in any magic from Awakening

What could I take to really cheese it?
>>
>>51889973

I believe you can only cherry pick a specific spell, rather than the Arcanum in question. Take something from Fate.
>>
>>51889989

Ah you are right. It gimps their harmony and gift selection but I imagine a 3 dot spell is better than most of what they could get.
>>
>>51889973
Take matter 1 Alter Conductivity.
>>
>>51871932
It's ended up being neck and neck for Mage and Hunter. Really on opposite ends of the spectrum! Didn't expect Hunter to be so popular, but it would definitely make for a cool living city. Anyway, I can't start divvying up the city til I know the factions, and hunter has more of them.

Since the sensible preference is for just 1 gameline, hopefully, we can break the tie.

Mage or Hunter?
https://strawpoll.com/w2b82sw
>>
>>51889973
Wait, really? Permanently?
>>
>>51888590
Total newcomer? Requiem 2e
>>
>>51889133
Holy shit, I'd probably start frothing at the mouth and diablerize you, homie. Can't play with folks' feelings like that.
>>
>>51889935

Jesus
>>
>>51890068

They can learn spells from any Arcana, up to 3 dots, at 5/15/30 xp. Can only have one spell active at a time and you cannot combine any effects.
>>
>>51889989

How lame would it be to take Forces on a weretiger so I can throw hadokens?

>>51890018

What does that one do again? I haven't read Awakening that much.
>>
>>51890233
>How lame would it be to take Forces on a weretiger so I can throw hadokens?
They'd only do bashing damage with the Changing Breed powers, but if you do go that route take Prime 3's Celestial Fireball, it can hit twilight creatures IIRC.

Alter Conductivity allows you to make anything a perfect electrical conductor. For some reason in 1e in was shoved in as a 1 dot spell. It makes it almost trivial to run large amounts of electricity into pretty much anyone.
>>
>>51889133

You monster. I like it.
>>
>>51889889
We aren't talking about Imperial practices. If we can't argue them in favor of Death then they can't be argued in favor of Life.
>>
File: tumblr_o432w2FFKt1ruw1vso2_1280.jpg (49KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o432w2FFKt1ruw1vso2_1280.jpg
49KB, 640x426px
What sphere would a Mage have to be, and I know better than to ask if it's possible, to remove a vampires weakness to the sun or shield him from it?

My next game involves a Brujah biker (...) and a newbie Mage investigating a hobo-shovelhead army slaughtering an entire neighborhood on Christmas eve. If we get as far as spring and summer, sun will make acting in the day difficult.
>>
>>51890458
Probably Entropy and Prime or something.
>>
>>51890458
Remove their weakness to the sun? That sounds like an Archsphere of Prime and Death.

Create a bubble which transforms sunlight into some other kind of light avoiding their weakness? Comparatively simple Forces effect. Sadly that doesn't keep them awake during the day.
>>
>>51890551
>Death
I mean Entropy.
>>
>>51890315

In 2e the Celestial Fire spell is 4 dots, idk if 1e was different.
>>
>A vampires internal organs are dead and doesn't work
>but your eyes brain and heart nose still work?

I never played vampire or any of the WoD stuff but does this just boil down to "its supernatural"
>>
>>51890684
In 1e it was a Fraying spell, but in 2e that spot has been taken by Aetheric Winds.
>>
>>51890808
>does this just boil down to "its supernatural"
Essentially, yeah.
>>
>>51890859
That's kinda dumb.
>>
So I'm building an antagonist whose a gutter mage for my Hunter the vigil. Trying to figure out what in game power for htv, cofd, or mage allows for the creation of force shields to deflect bullets
>>
>>51890097
>>51890350

It made sense in the context of the game. They were the most oppositional Anarch holdouts in the city. Isaac had disappeared, Jeanette doesn't care about the Movement as a whole, Therese is the Malkavian Primogen (yes, I know, Alt ID is a thing...), and the Tremere Prince of Los Angeles was charged by an Archon to deal with the Thin Bloods. So he chose to deal with the Anarchs at the same time. The PCs were loosely responsible for it (they retrieved a bunch of the materials to make the bomb, and the materials to make the 'meth lab explosion' cover story work).
>>
>>51890842

I may just take Spirit spells. Amusingly I think it might make the character better at spirit stuff than Uratha.
>>
>>51890926
Does it really matter? Would an explanation as to why a curse laid down by God decided to let some organs work and make others shrivel up and die provide you with more satisfaction?

Just think of it as the curse taking everything it can from the vampire while still letting it carry out an existence.
>>
>>51891048
Spirit is a pretty powerful Arcanum, and if you make it your main one you actually will end up better at spirit stuff than werewolves.

Plus Fetishes are fucking cool.
>>
>>51891048
>character better at spirit stuff than Uratha.

>Mage supremacy

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/changeling-the-lost/1009776-how-do-changelings-and-mages-feel-about-each-other?p=1010109#post1010109

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46168782/#46186848
>>
>>51891061
I guess it really doesn't It just bothers me.
>>
>>51884155
Daler Mehndi.
>>
File: 1485990479547.webm (3MB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
1485990479547.webm
3MB, 720x400px
>>51891197
>>
>>51891197
>What supernaturals do you imagine your character fighting most of the time?
Magic Lawn Chairs.
>>
>>51891106

Even better

>werefags so weak they have to take chinese bootleg versions of mage spells to compete
>>
Can Demons Install Gadgets using Embeds only from the list they know, or any Embed?

(Wow, that is a soup of capitalized proper nouns. Fucking WoD.)

It definitely seems like the latter, but I figured I'd ask in case I missed something.
>>
>>51891106

This is why werewolves try to woo over a young impressionable Thyrsus who is pure of heart, only to find out that the predator has fallen for their 'prey'. Hopelessly in love, the lupine can only pray to Mother Luna that they are worthy of their blushing mage spouse.
>>
>>51890808
You are a moving corpse, frozen in a stasis and it's impossible for you to change, you are powered only by your willpower and your heart (even do it's not beating). You can reactivate all your organs (or to be more precise, systems) by using the power of your blood, and you have to spend 1 point every night to raise, let's say that the point you spend is used to make the brain, eyes and smell work.
>>
File: nikkiminajthyrsus.jpg (295KB, 1071x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nikkiminajthyrsus.jpg
295KB, 1071x1200px
>>51891243

Time to fall in line with the natural order ordained by your perfect overlords.

>>51891212
Death mages will be the lowest caste of all
>>
>>51881907
What the fuck are you doing on 4chan?
>>
>>51891659

I'm nearing thirty, and don't imagine my hobbies will change much as I approach forty. It may be an animu-based imageboard, but it has western interest sections. Where do you expect him to be? Bingo?
>>
>>51887524
I just hate them because they've got this autistic need to point out the power levels. It doesn't make two shits of difference in my game, so I'd rather not hear about it every day.
>>
in WtF are there any gifts that allow me to use intimidation as a reflex?
>>
>>51893537
Not in the books, as far as I'm aware(didn't look at 1e)
You could probably justify the existence of a "Gift of Fear" and have the Purity facet be something like a presence+intimidation+purity roll(minus highest Resolve among targets, maybe?) to apply Cowed, Paranoid, Shaken, or Spooked, that's a reflex to activate(and costs an Essence, obviously).
Dunno what the other facets would be though.
>>
>>51885228
The style of his interviews reminds me of Trump.

And he plans to make WoD great again.
>>
>>51892833
T. A fruit gargling child mo changeling
>>
>>51891659
When you get out of highschool most people arent kids did you learn that yet my little snowflake babby
>>
>>51891659
what the fuck are you doing here? Do kids these days not have school to attend to?
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.