[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 62

Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Adventuring Parents Edition:

Does your character have children? How old are they? Do they take their kids with them on adventures? Do they have their newborns strapped to their back? Arguably its safer than leaving them at home with asshole GMs. How does one raise children while maintaining the high action lifestyle of an adventurer?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread: >>51854830
>>
>>51861393

As a note, for all of you traveling new parents out there.

Satchel, Familiar
This armored case provides total cover to any Tiny or smaller creature contained within it. It includes air holes (which can be plugged with cork stoppers if you need to go underwater) and two receptacles for food and water
>>
>>51861393
It feels extra wrong to use not just art, but an image of relevant product from another /tg/ general as OP. Like, confusing, you know?
>>
>>51861648
Yeah I'm gonna agree with this anon, this is fucking stupid.
>>
>>51861648
>>51861664

Good shit is good shit.
>>
>>51861393
>Does your character have children? How old are they? Do they take their kids with them on adventures

Yes, he's got a teenage daughter named Adelina.

He didn't ask for this, but apparently she's the lynchpin to the BBEG's plans, being a sort of magical conduit forged through centuries of careful genetic selection by a Hamadryad goddess that has been tampering with my character's bloodline since the first boats arrived on her continent.

The Hamadryad is not the BBEG, by the way. She's a good albeit awkward mom and very nice lady. The BBEG is a witch who is the antithesis of the Hamadryad. She is neither a good lady or a good friend.
>>
>>51861393
We were on page 7, you nitwit.
Why.
>>
Is it time to start reviewing backstories for Taldor Ascendant?
>>
File: 48624863_p0.jpg (481KB, 868x1282px) Image search: [Google]
48624863_p0.jpg
481KB, 868x1282px
How do you really feel about the Self Pact avowed?

Would you let someone play a level 8+ Self Pact avowed?
Would you let them take Overcharge Modulation?
Would you let them take Altered Life?
Would you let them dip into unchained Scaled Fist?
Would you let them take Martial Training and a martial tradition for Bronze Knuckle and Pugilist Stance?
>>
>>51861767

That game is still a few weeks off, though.
>>
>>51861767
Why would we review backstories for a game that isn't going to happen?
>>
>>51861779
Altered life?
>>
>>51861810
Nothing much else to do.
>>
>>51861810
Because you're bored, sitting there, with your left hand on your face and right hand on the mouse.

Also to fantasize about who your char would waifu/husbandu
>>
>>51861819
Bloodforge. Lets you use Wisdom or Charisma for HP.
>>
>>51861819
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit

Altered Life (Heritage)
Your unusual nature affects your vitality, bolstering you in ways different from other mortals.
Prerequisites: Aberration, fey, ooze, plant, or undead type.
Benefit: Choose Wisdom or Charisma. You calculate your bonus hit points per Hit Die based on the chosen ability score instead of your Constitution.

Use a trait to qualify.
>>
>>51861844
Also from Avowed 2.

That's right, Forrest WANTS you to take it on Avowed.
>>
>>51861393
My Black Blade Magus has a boy he's adopted that he found in a sort of time capsule along with his Black Blade, turns out both of them were put there by a group of adventurers from hundreds of years ago that knew me and my crew would come along and find them.

He's since grown up into the town's local superhero since it turned out he'd been essentially made into a half-dragon through magical experimentation.
>>
>>51861848
>>51861844
Dear christ that's too strong. Why not just make cha give you skill ranks too.
>>
File: 1474582132506.png (171KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1474582132506.png
171KB, 374x347px
>>51861878
Because it's only fair since Intelligence gets Student of Philosophy, Orator, Magdh, etc.?
>>
>>51861767
There's still mileage in WotR, Taldor is slow coming.
>>
>>51861393
>Dhampirs
>having children
>>
>>51861810
It's a nice pastime. Dunno that we need to start yet though.

>>51861878
I mean, you still need CON for fort saves and max (or should that be min?) negative HP before death.
>>
>>51861893
It is very hard to get Int to saves, attack, and damage. I can't think of ways off the top of my head to get it to initiative or HP.

Trading out Int for skills is not nearly on the same level as Cha to saves, attack, damage, initiative, AC, and HP.

If you think it is you're actually retarded.
>>
>>51861831

Somebody better make that C-U-T-E character concept discussed in the last thread, the retired war heroine called out to do one last mission!
>>
>>51861904
I'm playing a Dhampir right now who was raised in a normal human family until everyone he grew up with out-aged him and died, making him set off as an adventurer. His biggest angst is the knowledge that he can't have children and settle down to return to the calm he grew up with.
>>
>>51861878
Avowed co-writer here! Basically, our intention is to balance the three stats we've chosen to make the Avowed potentially dependent on. An Avowed with EITHER Altered Life/Unnatural Resilience or Heart of Aether/Heart of Magic uses one stat for spellcasting, health, and fortitude saves. An Avowed with either Embodiment of Aether or Aether Duelist uses a single ability score for both attack rolls and spellcasting.

This is why we don't have plans for Wisdom or Intelligence based Avowed - the bonus to Will saves/perception and skill ranks is much harder to directly quantify, and thus balance. There is the concern of a fully Charisma-SAD Avowed with Altered Life/Unnatural Resilience/Aether Duelist/Noble Scion (War), which isn't really something Strength or Constitution based Avowed can compete with, but as I'm sure you've already noticed Strength Avowed do seem to be considered the SAD kings already, and that's a delicate balance that we're antsy about tinkering with.
>>
>>51861393
> Take your kids with you on you dangerous travels across the known world.

That sounds like a bitchin upbringing. that said, if you applied to any game with that kind of backstory they'd call you a Mary Sue quick fast and in a hurry.
>>
Honestly, I tire of these 'get whatever I want to whatever I want' things.

Why do we have separate stats if that's all we're gonna do?
>>
>>51861393
Why do I wish to fuck that woman?
>>
>>51862067
That's how 4e got made.
>>
>>51861999
That isn't really the point here. Cha to Attack, Damage, AC, Saving Throws, HP, Initiative, and Pseudo-Spellcasting is WAAAAAY too much.
>>
>>51862084

She's built to get fucked.
>>
>>51862067
I'm ok with a bit of it. Like "substitute skill for another skill" kind of stuff.
>>
>>51862067
In certain instances the complaint stems from the fact that we can easily explain why a stat should be able to be used in place of the other one (like in the case of Bruising Intellect)

That said, stuff like what's apparently happening with the Avowed is a mess and needs to be cleaned up.
>>
File: cleric_by_lokmanlam-d9zkcoq.jpg (406KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
cleric_by_lokmanlam-d9zkcoq.jpg
406KB, 679x960px
>>51861393
You know, I'm surprised Kingdom Death art hasn't caught on for character art here. I mean it's all very fetishy, but it's not like that does a whole lot of stopping /pfg/.
>>
>>51862150

It's not anime art, so we can't suffer KD to live.
>>
So in a campaign I just began we were ambushed by thugs. One of the thugs survived. I have stabilized him and nailed him inside a crate but honestly am unsure what I should do with him. Any suggestions?

I already made his clothing into bandages for latter.
>>
File: Dragonborn.jpg (136KB, 1280x607px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonborn.jpg
136KB, 1280x607px
Well, I've gotten my first real applicant for my game.
Here's hoping that more of you wish to join in,
and here's the link again for those who might want it.
Game time will vary depending on when the majority
of quality applicants can play, so even if you're not
good for Mondays feel free to send one in anyway!
>>
>>51862197
I...I think you forgot something.
>>
>>51862197
GOD DANGIT I FORGOT THE LINK AGAIN: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69913/slash-pfg-slash-dragonborn-game#newtopic
I really need to go to bed...
>>
>>51862150

Hey man, I'm just as surprised as you are. Kingdom Death has excellent art of sexy ladies in varying degrees of undress, which is perfect for most busty barbarians or mages.

Heck, when's the last time we've seen a proper slutty wizard, witch or sorceress?
>>
What stats should a slayer have?
>>
>>51861960
Kensai gets int to a lot of stuff.
>>
>>51862093
To be fair, AC, saving throws, HP, initiative, and spellcasting were already available with an Oradin build - and they didn't really need attack rolls. And - while this is entirely anecdotal, and inherently flawed - typically I've found that there are significant diminishing returns after a certain point when it comes to being SAD, once you have an 18 in a given stat. You COULD take Altered Life and Unnatural Resilience... or you could just go with a 16 Constitution. You're spending 2 feats for a +1 to +2 bonus to Fortitude and HP per level, which feels fairly weak. The same goes for Noble Scion (spending a feat for a +2 initiative when you could just... take improved initiative with a 16 dex).
>>
>>51862242

Strength > Dexterity > Wisdom = Intelligence
>>
>>51862242
You need enough Strength to do damage and then you can get away with whatever the fuck you want in your other stats depending on build. Slayer's probably the most versatile pure martial in their options.
>>
>>51862239
I prefer cute naive busty wizards/witches/sorceresses who are timid and quiet until you get them in the sack then they're very loud.
>>
File: Ep_001_img_004.jpg (109KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Ep_001_img_004.jpg
109KB, 800x450px
Our game just went mythic at level 6 and I'm playing a blaster arcanist. She's already able to chuck a 10d6 DC 21 fireball, or a mythic version for 6d10+2d6 burn.

However, fireball caps out pretty soon. What is another spell that I should start planning for that'll surpass it in sheer destructive capability?
>>
>>51862279

I think most people would complain loudly if you stuffed them in a sack.
>>
>>51862272

18, 17, 16 for first lvl?
>>
>>51862309
If you don't know what you're doing always 18.
>>
>>51861999

What is the appeal of a Strength-based self pact avowed when the Spirited Swordsmanship feat exists, and when Charisma actually contributes to useful skills?
>>
>>51861393
My character is from a short-lived species who also don't breed very easily, so she spends a lot of time thinking about having kids.

On the other hand, she also has trouble finding members of her race.
>>
>>51862355
Tell you character that all she needs to do is find a willing human or a dragon, those species are somehow physiologically compatible with almost anything.
>>
>>51862367

>encouraging characters to get SCALED

cuck.
>>
>>51862367
A half-dragon Strix sounds like it could be pretty cute. Coal-skinned coatl babies!

But where do I find a willing, good-natured dragon interested in more than just bedding and leaving. And is there a way to get around the whole 'dragons are fucking enormous' thing? I'm not much into earth-splitting dragon cocks.
>>
>>51862342
Mechanically, they benefit from size bonuses, which you rarely get to Charisma. Fluffwise, some people like the idea of being a muscle wizard.
>>
>>51861779
hey animepost anon where were you for the last three weeks since the last Avowed 1 revision came out, or maybe even for the month before that when embodiment of aether self pact avowed was still a thing that existed and nobody seemed to care
>>
>>51862412
Not all dragons are all that big, and even then most of them can self-transform if the size difference is still an issue. As for where, well, that depends on what kind of dragon you want to find! Most of them live in caves but some are in forests, some in seas, some in cities! The possibilities are endless just like their stamina in bed.
>>
>>51862188

You think he's worth something on the black market? You could try selling him.

You could even pretend to save him by opening the crate, assuming it wasn't clear you threw him in there.

Or you could consider the karmic implications of what you do.
>>
>>51861779
>>51861848

I have one main rule for my players: Don't break my game. This is one of the things that I'd view as suspect, but overall it probably wouldn't screw things up more than someone trying to play a Warder.
>>
>>51862292
Any save or die spell heh

Metamagic feats mythic versions
>>
>>51861393
He was used for breeding stock in a lot of skeevy experiments or by baby-crazy slave-mistresses, but that's something he'd rather not acknowledge.

Otherwise, he might get a little careless with the bachelor's snuff, but he'd rather just find a nice lady and settle down, make a new family to replace the one he never knew.
>>
>>51861393
There's actually two tricks to taking babby into the field:

1) Make the party the extended family. That includes you for their own kids. No training can come close to having top-class experts with a personal attachment to your child offering hands-on experience and one-on-one training.

One warning though; these children will not grow up normal by *ANY* measure; their common sense will be your common sense; not the random villagers. Expect them to be even more deranged than you.

2) remember who's in the front-lines and who isn't. Get Pitfighter's babby well acquainted with uncle Heavy-Gunner. One good silencing spell job on the Madsens later and:
>aw, why don't you just leave him here with me, nothing'll get close, isn't that right? yes it is. yes it is! go play in the acid breath, we're good here

Understand these basic rules and your growing sidekicks are destined for greatness.
>>
>>51862471
>You think he's worth something on the black market? You could try selling him.
My character is not willing to sell someone into slavery. I am also not willing to sell him to be made into street soup.

Of the four thugs 2 ran, 1 died, and 1 is not in the crate. I buried the dead one properly and gave him his religious rights I knew.

I can't just let him go because him and his friends tried to kill me and my friends, but they weren't targeting me specifically. I think he and his buddies may have just been street thugs.

>You could even pretend to save him by opening the crate, assuming it wasn't clear you threw him in there.
No I did it in front of the party, they all know the guy is in a crate in the corner of my home. However the party seems to treat my character is "I don't know and I don't want to know what you do with him".
>>
File: 1475256062536.jpg (110KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475256062536.jpg
110KB, 800x800px
Is she a Self Pact Avowed, anon?
>>
>>51862707
Hell no, she's a spheres of might striker; someone even statted her out with the class before.
>>
Who ever is running trove 1
The maps to Strange Aeons is wrong, 1 is the first to Hell's Vengeance
And everyone there after is the proper map to the prior label (labeled map 2 - Thrushmoor Terror is actually map 1 - in search of Sanity answer ect.)
>>
>>51862694
OK, your party knows it was you, but does the thug know?
>>
>>51862748
My party knows it was me. This is how the situation went down.

>party is over at my character's home
>my character is a street doctor who runs a free clinic
>suddenly some guys burst in, badly injured
>have just enough time to get two stable and get the story out of them
>they got ambushed by some guys while moving a shipment of opium pretty sure it was opium
>my character didn't expect combat so he stayed in the back and used CLW on the two injured guys who came in and sent them back out with the rest of my part to go fight
>fight ends pretty quickly with two guys running away
>I tell the party to drag in the dead and unconscious guy
>we search and strip them
>we find out the guys are gangsters and about the shipment
>they are grateful and offer to put in a good word for us with their boss
>everyone sees me as I take a crate out of the corner, stabilize the unconscious guy, tie him up, and nail him inside the crate
>tell them to leave the other body there and I'll take care of it
>gangsters leave, say they'll talk it over with their boss, if their boss likes the sound of us they'll come back tomorrow
>I spend the evening making bandages out of the dead man's clothing, burying him, and giving the unconscious guy broth to keep him alive then renailing him into the crate after putting in rag padding so he doesn't chafe
>expect guy to be out for 2-3 more days unless I decide to use CLW on him I'm a witch with the healing hex so I can basically any time
>now I have to decide what to do with the guy

So the thugs who came in for help know I have the guy, my party knows I have the guy, his friends probably have no idea the guy is still alive and that I have him.
>>
>>51862726
>Uses Soul as a forcefield instead of wearing armor
>Fire blasts as part of every unarmed strike.
>Shoots explosive firebolts when she needs range

I'll give you that Tension does her berserker mode really well, but she has at least a few levels in Self-Pact Avowed as well. If she's not just a gestalt of both
>>
>>51862816
>Armorless Aegis
>Gun Kata
>Those energy blast are from a weapon, not from her

The only one that kind of works is 'soul as armor', but that can be done with armorless aegis, using adrenaline surge for temp HP, gaining resources off of being attacked (similar to how her semblance works), and the rest of it really just screams Striker.
>>
What int should have a good skill monkey?
>>
>>51862879
If by that you mean what should a skill monkey's Int be? Depends on the skill points you'd get otherwise. Something like a Wizard or Living Grimoire would need as high as you can get, of course, and a Bard would probably need about 12-14, but as a Rogue or something else with a base of 8, you might be good with Int 10 or 11. Provided you could add on something like FCB or Human's extra skill rank per level.
>>
File: Unused picture 32.jpg (168KB, 658x1229px) Image search: [Google]
Unused picture 32.jpg
168KB, 658x1229px
>>51862879
Depends on how many class features you get. An Investigator or an Int caster has plenty, so pump that to 18 if you can.

If you're something like a rogue, slayer, or ranger, then 14 is good enough.
>>
>>51862850
Less kind of, more "90%+ Fluff Match".

Also, direct quote from the show:
>All of our tools and equipment are conduits for Aura.

If that's not a 90%+ fluff match for Aether Channel, I don't know what is.

As said, probably a multiclass/dip/gestalt combo of the two.
>>
what char do you want to be, if not the primary face, at least contribute to conversations? Also what about combat related stjff
>>
What are some things you always buy at character creation? I always feel like I'm missing stuff that could be useful.
>>
>>51862972
Dice, Cards, and Dominoes.
>>
>>51862879
>>51862907
You can afford to knock off a point or two from your Int (provided you're not an Int-reliant caster) if you have a class feature that lets you get something like two skills for the price of one. Bard's Versatile Performance, for example.
>>
>>51862972
Bachelor snuff/night tea as appropriate for your sex.
>>
>>51863028
What?
>>
>>51862972
>A journal and either ink or charcoal to write with.
>An extra article of clothing or two that's personalized somehow, even if it's just in a favorite color.
>Some extra rations of the character's favorite food/drink.
>A cheap holy text or wooden holy symbol. Silver if you've got both cash to burn and the idea that your character would care more about keeping up appearances.
>A spiked gauntlet to throw the dueling weapon quality on at high levels.
>A dagger--even if you'll never use it as a holdout weapon, it's a tool, it's a dinner utensil, it's a last-chance handhold, etc.
>>
>>51863050
They're birth control, usable at a rate of one dose per 24 hours. I think they might be in Pathfinder Vices only, but they're basically 1 gp per dose each.
>>
>>51863062
Nope, they're canon game.

Interesting how night tea has no visible effects for females, while bachelor's snuff lets the world know the male is a dirty playboy.
>>
So first time ever playing pathfinder. What feats/traits and general stuff should I go for as a swashbuckler?
>>
>>51863083
>>51863083
Hm, maybe it should have a sign--like just bags under the eyes or something. Easy enough to mistake for something else, but unique enough so a trained eye can pick out a habitual user.
>>
>>51863062
See>>51863083

The one benefit to piazo being Bleeding Hearts is the canon birth control.
>>
>>51863098
No, anon, that would be slut shaming.
>>
>>51862879
Think in skill points, not int. A group doesn't need "skill monkey" to be fulfilled as a role in quite the same way as a healer, so if you've got 6 in class then you might just get away with leaving it at 10 if the rest of your group has enough skills between them.
>>
>>51863104
No that's just caring enough to have a remotely plausible world.
>>
>>51863085
A class change, honestly. They're in competition with Kineticist for worst class in the game. The entire class is all-in on just bringing a poor weapon style up to PAR, not even making it amazing. They also basically can't do anything else but swordfighting, despite you might expect a "swashbuckler" class should be able to do. Lastly, their action economy is full of conflicting shit that will make it confusing for a new player - things that LOOK like they're intended to work together and complement each other are very often mutually-exclusive.
>>
Can a stat mod of -3 be compensated with class skill and/or +2 racial?
>>
>>51863139
I'm already locked in tho.
>>
>>51863157
They're numbers. You are fully capable of doing number comparisons without anyone else's help.
>>
>>51863139
>Can't hope a rope/torch/princess's hand while using Slashing Grace or Fencing Grace
Worst errata ever.
>>
File: 1485998959595.gif (3MB, 314x293px) Image search: [Google]
1485998959595.gif
3MB, 314x293px
Mother of God, that's a body designed for breeding. Shame there doesn't seem to be an actual scan around for it.

>>51863139
>>51863085
I'm with him, but more for statting one as an NPC. Never played it in a normal game as a player.
>>
>>51863139
A Kineticist actually can do things OTHER than poking things with a sword. They can do (okay) damage with kinetic blast, and for the low price of a single infusion, can also be poking people in melee. Plus, being that they're technically "casters", they get sloppy seconds! The ability to fly, turn invisible, haste themselves, control various bits and gibs of matter, it's all possible. Kineticist isn't the /worst/ class by far, that title would have to go to pre-2016 Fighter, or Brawler/Gunslinger post-2016 at this point (Martial Flexibility is nice but it can't salvage a class, and Gunslingers are just Swashbucklers with guns)

But yes, I agree with you, Swashbuckler is /shit/ and the only thing that might save it is by striking everything about it from the books and turning it into a Class Template a la the Bushi/Hussar/Privateer.
>>
>>51863190
Well, good luck. You should get into these feats: Fencing Grace, Slashing Grace or Dervish Dance. This enables you to dump Strength, and is the baseline. Combat Reflexes can at least let you use Opportunistic Parry and Riposte more than once a round.

Playing to the class's "strengths", you could make it a counterattacker character. Not much else can do that as well as a Swashbuckler can in Paizo materials, so it's not as outclassed, maybe.

If you want to make a counterattacker, you can go into the Crane Style feat chain (Crane Style -> Crane Wing -> Crane Riposte) and then get Weapon Trick (One-handed) for more features.

Crane Style requires Improved Unarmed Strike for no real reason though. The Wayfinder item (500gp) and a cracked Deep Red Sphere ioun stone (200gp) in combination can give Improved Unarmed Strike to you without wasting a feat.
>>
>>51863190
Oh, the actions.

>basics of Pathfinder actions:
• A Full-Round action uses up both the Move and Standard actions, but NOT the Swift action.
• A Standard action can also be downgraded to a Move action to have two Move actions in a turn, but again, there is no equivalent for Swifts.
• Free actions are free, you can do as many as you want until the GM gives you an impatient look.
• You can take a free 5ft step in any round where you don't use your Move action to actually leave your square, even in combination with a Full-Round action. This also doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity.

>important for YOU as a Swashbuckler (and why you will suffer)
• You have one Swift action to use per turn, even though it's ostensibly faster than a Move or Standard action.
• Immediate actions are Swift actions that you can interrupt others' turns and actions with. Using an Immediate action eats up your NEXT turn's Swift action.
>>
>>51862707
>self pact avowed is the new meme
>>
>>51863311
How fucked am I if I multiclass?
>>
>>51863484
Depends on whether the other class demands your swift action. Magus, Warpriest, those are probably bad ideas.
>>
>>51863484
Well, which poison tastes better to you?
You could squeak by with the early-level deeds and treat the swashbuckler class as a dip to back up something else, but precise strike and a few other decent deeds scale with your level.
>>
>>51863491
I'd probably go fighter or barbarian.
>>
How often do GMs actually allow ghost syrup + Amulet of Grasping Souls/Selective Tangibility?
>>
>>51863532
Urban Barbarian and Savage Technologist might be worth looking into--they both can boost Dex in their version of rage.
>>
Why does Pathfinder have no mechanics for pushing one's limits to dangerous levels with serious repercussions? I want to sacrifice myself heroically by fighting an enemy with a last big burst of power.
>>
>>51863657
Yeah, I kinda wish this could happen too, but on the other hand, I could easily see autistic munchkins building characters specifically around exploiting such a system.

Probably better to just ask your GM.
>>
>>51863657
>>51863690
Hate to say this
But that was the Kineticist. At least that was piazos attempt.
>>
File: aa2.jpg (45KB, 600x501px) Image search: [Google]
aa2.jpg
45KB, 600x501px
So, now that we're coming down to the wire, who were the biggest meme-lords of Wrath of the Raunchy?
>>
>>51863697
Really? I never took that close of a look. What's the short version on that class and why it's so shitty?
>>
>>51863657
Because Pathfinder isn't about heroic last stands, noble sacrifices or chopping off limbs to prevent the spread of an infection.

It's about a bunch of virgins having a grand adventurer where no one gets hurt ever and bands of roaming loli clerics cast full regenerate on anyone they see free of charge.
>>
hey guys what should my feat choices be for a strength hexcrafter magus, he's starting after getting medium armor so he's not super squishy at this point
>>
>>51863713
DHB's character, as always, generates the most discussion by baiting out his creepy stalker.
>>
>>51861393

So what are some on the adventure childcare techniques?

How about casting Sanctuary on the child in question?
>>
>>51863806
>hey guys what should my feat choices be for a strength hexcrafter magus, he's starting after getting medium armor so he's not super squishy at this point
Is 3pp open to you? Are you using any feat tax rules?

Are you looking for offense or defense, and what are you willing to focus on?
>>
>>51863879
no 3pp no feat tax rules
heavy hitting with a side of debuffs
willing to do some buffing or range nuking
>>
File: 1479110001799.jpg (425KB, 832x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1479110001799.jpg
425KB, 832x1055px
You get invited to a Monster Hunter / Witcher esque groups campaign, what monsters would you hope to hunt?

(Asking as I'm going to be running one.)

Thicc Boo for attention.
>>
>>51863913
So first of all you're gonna need power attack if that wasn't obvious.

Now for feats there are a bunch:
Burning amplication
Intensify spell
Rime Spell
Enforcer
Dazing spell
Dimension Agility line
>>
File: rajang.png (680KB, 1024x448px) Image search: [Google]
rajang.png
680KB, 1024x448px
>>51863928
I don't know what stat block you would use but this guy should make an appearance
>>
File: rathalos.png (15KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
rathalos.png
15KB, 308x308px
>>51863928
a modified dragon for rathalos or rathian could be cool
>>
>>51863954
thanks, but for the enforcer intimidate stuff I dumped charisma fairly hard
>>
>>51863857
phasing, dimensional storage that can hold life (keep in mind that baby is what, a tiny critter? even limited-air conditions can keep'em safe for a good while), stasis...

Our kineticist once combined that no-damage infusion with the levitation grav infusion to send a toddler about a hundred feet in the air as we dealt with a horde. Crude, but effective.

Other methods include an Aegis; there's a passenger customization which one can use to extend your shielding and environmental protections to the child as well. When the kid gets old enough to aim, give'im a crossbow, and now you have a little turret in training!

Cantrips can handle accidents and whoopsies, which is a massive boost to quality of life. No one likes washing nappies or wiping vomit off, so a little cantrip here or there is quite the boon.

things like purify food and drink will help ensure no one gets sick despite the grubby little hands touching everything on the road as well as their own ass.

Silence zones are a fucking godsend, and *nothing* says TIME OUT like being able to actually time-out or paralyze the little fuck.
>>
>>51863986
You could spend a trait on it possibly.
>>
>>51863928

Stuff that's larger than collosal
>>
File: 1487520324506.jpg (26KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1487520324506.jpg
26KB, 680x383px
D-Does this mean that N. Jolly is playtesting Spheres of Might with only CRB + Spheres of Might + 20 point buy?

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51698715/#51705101
>This actually touches upon a design theory I've had called the "3 book build". It goes into PF but really applies to all games.

>If your 'broken' build takes less than 3 books to break, there is almost certainly something wrong with the content which you have printed, and you should look at what you've written. If it takes MORE than 3 books to build a book, said content is less broken even if it results in the same thing due to the amount of play ingenuity required.

>If you're combining things from more and more sources, the sheer amount of options permissable in a given game can cause something that in and of itself isn't broken to be broken.

>While as a dev I strive to avoid making something that can become broken with all books, this isn't really possible. No matter what, there is going to be problems due to unforeseen combinations and new content.

>So really, a 7 book character being broken says FAR less to me about my content being unbalanced than it does about the 6+ books that were required to make it broken.

>If you want to show something's broken, use as few books as you can, because once you pass 3 books, I start to wane. Also if you're going to do this, list how many books you're using to help gauge this yourself.

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51774552/#51779009
>I'd probably say around 20 [point buy] myself, that's what I generally use as a balancing point.
>>
>>51864026
isn't most stuff in both of those games only twice or three times your size
dalamadur dah'ren mohran and a couple others nonwithstanding
>>
>>51863713
The memes were terribly disappointing this time around. The character pool turned out to be surprisingly good, which is bad.
>>
Is Switch-hitter Slayer viable?
>>
>>51862109
>Avowed is a mess
The main issue we've run into is that, in theory, an Avowed with no feats is three stat dependant - Constitution for health and fort, Charisma for spells, and possibly Strength to hit with their attacks.
The issue we have is that we don't want any single attribute to be definitively BETTER than the others. We want to appeal to people who like the idea of being a muscle wizard (one of my favorite Warlock characters was a grapple build), as well as those who like the idea of playing someone whose entire power comes from their force of will - or, for that matter, who wants to be Constitution based like the Dragonfire Adept. We republished Altered Life and Unnatural Resilience, because this helps ensure that the power level swings less depending on whether Bloodforge is banned or allowed, and thus we can balance it more easily.

That said, we are, as always, open to feedback - what would you suggest we do here?
>>
>>51864085
Probably the best switch hitter in the game yeah.
>>
>>51864045
I'm thinking that in this example, the whole line of hardcover "Mainline Pathfinder" books (which means Ultimate Magic/Intrigue/Combat, Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Class Guide. Occult Adventures, and of course the CRB) counts as a single source. Jolly would have to be literally retarded if he didn't balance with Barbarian, Vigilante, Inquisitor, Brawler, and Alchemist in mind at the same time as each other, or any other class from the hardcovers.
Paperbacks are less important, because they're not as big and you're more likely to only take a single feat, spell, or item from them as opposed to needing the full information like a hardback.
>>
File: 1477545047072.gif (2MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
1477545047072.gif
2MB, 444x250px
>>51864091
You could start by fixing the god damn Self Pact so it's not better than every other pact because lolololol Cha to everything and a shit ton of attacks on an Aether Channel pounce.

Fucking kill Overcharge Modulation.
>>
>>51864072
I love how many of the applicants with male characters kept shilling their PCs.

>He's such a nice guy
>All those other men are edgelords
>All those other men are slender anime fuccbois
>I understand you m'ladies

DHB's guy and Seth, who was the biggest edgelord on paper, were breaths of fresh air.
>>
>>51864091
Why are you letting anyone reflavor any pact into any other pact?
Doesn't that, like, defeat the whole point of pacts?

"I want to be a Fiend Pact but I don't want to be a fiend, so I'll flavor it as a SELF PACT instead!"

Fuck that noise.
>>
Has anybody ever met that kind of player who builds a certain way and yet complains alot that his build is not doing a different role he didnt truly optimize for?

How annoying were they?

For me, I had this one guy who makes a Paladin / Warlord gestalt with a build more oriented towards being a teamfighter/supporty and complains alot when hes not the one dealing uber alpha damage to the enemy among others because of his need to feel like the MC or main hero
>>
>>51863549
How often does someone even fucking TRY it?
>>
>>51864121
*beholden to a fiend
>>
>>51864105

The Self Pact, last I checked, was already on the chopping block to be patched. That's not really a new thing.

What's wrong with Overcharge Modulation? A way to pierce immunity to an element is basically required for Elemental Pact or any other person who focuses on a particular element.
>>
>>51864072
>>51864109
Pretty much this, yeah. The females were mostly all plain and straightfoward "I'm available but not actively a slut", and the guys were boring.
>>
>>51864091
Make it two without feats for pure pulsars (the normal pulse or blow uses charisma to hit, or gets changed to strength like everything else with embodiment).

Weapon-adaptors (channel/rounds) are naturally going to be stuck with their strength; your MAD is tempered by being significantly more powerful.

Make altered life and unnatural resilience easier to bring together, BUT mutually exclusive with SAD: find a way that you can get your main class stat one thing, and your health/fort stat a second, and you get to pick which is good, but in exchange you CANNOT put everything on the same one; the choices can't be the same one stat.

And, I wouldn't call it a mess. It's getting there.
>>
File: 0bf869c1f9f13ec623834ad5a0154843.jpg (292KB, 800x1120px) Image search: [Google]
0bf869c1f9f13ec623834ad5a0154843.jpg
292KB, 800x1120px
>>51864130

Overcharge Modulation encourages a boring playstyle wherein rider effects are ignored in favor of dealing raw damage, and a tremendous amount of raw damage given how it adds up on a full attack.
>>
>>51864109
I don't remember seeing this at all and I have trouble understanding how it could happen. If you cut out DHB, Seth, and anyone who might just come off as an edgelord or a slender anime fuckboi, who's left?
>>
>>51864126

No pact is beholden. Even Patron Pacts.

Which, you know, is kinda fitting. A very iconic example of an Avowed is Spawn. A guy who decided to stop obeying hell and do his own thing instead.
>>
>>51864109
The "manly" profiles people kept adding made the traps fucking golden by comparison.

Still wondering where the whole BIG KELLID COCK SO GOOD meme sprang from, since there never was an actual application with a kellid man who didn't turn out to be just another anime nice guy.
>>
>>51864105
You can't kill overcharge modulation without a large improvement on the non-weapon-mounted pulses. The class needs to be fucking viable, and right now if the pulse isn't a payload contained by another existing attack, it needs overcharge modulation to even be relevant.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing to do, but it CANNOT be removed without its effect being built into most of the pulse shapes no later than the second pick, possibly the first one usually.

Let's not make another kineticist; it took years to fucking fix that one back to something usable!

>>51864130
Only give SMALL nerf to self pact; it's numerous other pacts that need to be brought up to par; their attunements in particular tend to be what's unimpressive.
>>
File: original.jpg (83KB, 802x1004px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
83KB, 802x1004px
>>51864072
We did get one worthwhile meme out of this.
>>
>>51864160

>Only give SMALL nerf to self pact; it's numerous other pacts that need to be brought up to par; their attunements in particular tend to be what's unimpressive.

The main intention, according to what I've heard, is mostly to tone it's offence down a bit. It will still be the premier defensive pact and a right bastard to kill but other pacts will outdo it in raw killness.
>>
>>51864123
he didn't ever complain about it but I had a guy build what was obviously a melee tag team with the eidolon summoner but all he ever did was use the eidolon as a distraction/it's intended tanking purpose and then go invisible or stealth and shower the party with buffs
he took sixteen strength and a belt of giant strength and a trait to get a lucerne hammer and only tried to hit anything once or twice a combat
>>
>>51864149
That's kind of the thing. Like one or two guys would keep posturing about other profiles, but really, there was nobody with an outstandingly good one.

Damn near everybody used an anime portrait, and anyone who had a personality at all had a bad case of the edges.
>>
>>51864160

Yeah. Avowed needs to be able to go 'I can throw a fireball and that's a fine thing for blasting'. Not just 'If you want damage, get a weapon'.
>>
>>51864157
To be fair I think there're only like two traps and Lucius has several pages of info so I'd be surprised if he wasn't at least decent.

I think he's been the most liked character in the threads. Didn't expect that from a trap.
>>
>>51864121
That's not how that works; self-pact isn't coming from a fiend at all; it's "I believe in me who believes in me JUST THAT MUCH".

You're not a fiend from having a fiend pact, it's just a fiend that lent you the jumper-cables to get your magic started. Might not even have met the guy; could be he banged your great-great grandma a while back.
>>
>>51864177
Makes sense. That said; it still remains that other attunements can be rather uninspired.
>>
>>51864181
I meant more of a question than a statement. Did someone actually shill their character openly? Seems counter-intuitive. If they were trying do to it covertly, wouldn't everyone just get confused and think their character was the edgelord/fuckboi in question?
>>
>>51864192
Any amount of good writing is unexpected from a trap. It's like going to a McDonalds and being offered a steak.
>>
>>51864210
Never openly, but you can always tell when someone's trying to talk shit to make themselves look good.

They usually speak in vague, unsupportable terms, and mention their own character as being the only good one.
>>
>>51864105
Self Pact is currently undergoing serious changes (which ARE nerfs), but it's worth noting that a lot of the, uh, memery is in the context of gestalt. Where it is going to be very powerful. But the additional unarmed strikes ARE going to be nerfed and standardized. Overcharge Modulation is currently one of the only ways for Avowed to increase their damage - the class is surprisingly difficult to optimize at the moment. That said, we're not OPPOSED to nerfing it, but I'd like to know your thoughts on Overcharge Modulation outside of the context of Self pact - how does its damage feel with Fiend or Elemental?

>>51864121
>>51864126
Reflavoring is common in a lot of Pathfinder games. We do not have the ability to punish people whenever they bring up reflavoring, nor, for that matter, would we want to. People are always free to play the game as they want. If someone plays a Nanite Bloodline Sorcerer and reflavors it as a Dragon pact, then nothing can really be done to STOP that - and if it means they enjoy the game more, then that's the right decision.

I, personally, try to use the fluff of the pacts whenever possible, as do most people in the games I play in.

That said, there is NOTHING IN THE MECHANICS that says a Fiend Pact Avowed is beholden to a fiend. We have a drawback introduced in the book that gives you that crunch, but a Self Pact avowed CAN take that, and a Fiend Pact Avowed can choose not to. You can flavor a fiend pact in many ways that don't involve being beholden to a fiend, and many ways that do - one of the example Avowed in the refluffing section will be an artificial half-fiend created in a laboratory, whose psychic bond is the slumbering demon's consciousness in their nightmares.

>>51864134
Weapon adaptors are not intended to be more powerful, and will be nerfed to account for the benefits granted by weapon special properties and specific feats that benefit it. As for Altered Life/Unnatural Resilience... we're discussing that.
>>
>>51864148
>>51864160
Not gonna lie, I actually do kind of agree on Overcharge Modulation at the moment. 50% damage increase feels far too potent an increase when all you're losing is save-vs-deafened. That said, we want to enable The Dedicated Fire Guy to be The Fire Guy conceptually without punishing him for it, and we need optimization options for the class so that there's at least a difference between someone who builds for damage and someone who builds for BFC, or debuffs, and so on. It's definitely something we'll be discussing.
>>
>>51861393
T H I C C
>>
>>51864250

Self Pact is really notable in the context of gestalt (A terrible place to try and consider balance) for the same reason Paladin is.

It's got a lot of very potent, passive abilities. You can get most of your use out of it without actually using up any of your action economy.
>>
>>51863723
Well, It's based around its Burn ability.
For each point of Burn you accept, you take 1 non lethal damage Per Hit Die.

You accept burn to do cool abilities, or improve/alter your Kinetic Blast

The Kinetic Blast is a 1d6 +(either full con mod or half, depending on the type chosen, which is either Physical or Energy) ranged attack that increase in damage buy 1 D6 per 2 lvs after 1st (3rd, 5th, etc).

All in all, Eh. The burn costs are usually inflated and are only brought down to reasonable at Later Levels as Class Features. If you play with other more casual people, you'll be fine. Providing it's 1pp only, if 3rd party is on the table. It gets more interesting.

I do feel piazo adding more and making Some options better, but they still are doing a bad job in that new things are coming out, but continue to have obvious stilted costs and limiting hard locks.
>>
File: bfda7ac335aee071eff327858a7197e1.jpg (148KB, 1166x1535px) Image search: [Google]
bfda7ac335aee071eff327858a7197e1.jpg
148KB, 1166x1535px
>>51864134

Spirited Swordsmanship should also be clearer on how it interacts with a composite longbows.

For that matter, Aether Rounds' third selection should be less of a flavor ribbon, and instead something actually useful.
>>
>>51861848
>Abberration,fey, plant, ooze, or undead type
If you're letting your players play as one of these, you have much bigger problems to worry about. (And no, Dhampir don't count).
>>
>>51862084
/H I G H T E S T/
>>
File: 5a7c69fde0fad6d3140f260cafe63484.jpg (341KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
5a7c69fde0fad6d3140f260cafe63484.jpg
341KB, 800x1280px
>>51864330

As well, the avowed's Empower Spell-Like Ability should be clearer on how it interacts with bonuses to aether pulse damage, such as Aether Barrage's third selection.

>>51864361

The following race traits will qualify you for the likes of Altered Life, Unnatural Resilience, Vestigial Wings, and Aerial Wings:

• Fey-Touched, from the Lords of the Mist playtest.
• Mixed Blood, from the new version of Bloodforge 1 and from Bloodforge Infusions: Esoteric Energies. This does not consume your race trait slot.
• Reborn, from the Avowed 2 playtest. This does not consume your race trait slot.

All of these traits also grant auxiliary benefits.

Your half-orc with Sacred Tattoo and Fate's Favored can take Adopted and Bakeneko to transform their true form into a housecat and gain a feline-featured human disguise, and then Mixed Blood to qualify for Altered Life, Unnatural Resilience, Vestigial Wings, and/or Aerial Wings.
>>
I used to like Ustalav.

Then I got taste.
>>
>>51864361

Fey isn't too hard to get of the four.
>>
>>51864411
Well, now I know why the DM switched to 5e last year. Although I admit, the prospect of playing a Bakeneko is appealing.
>>
>>51864411

Aether pulse's "It is equivalent to a spell whose level..." line makes it sound as though it counts as a spell, and is thus eligible for traits such as Secret of the Impossible Kingdom.
>>
>>51864505
It's a spell-like ability, so no, it wouldn't.
>>
>>51861393
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>51864505
This is for interacting with Globe of Invulnerability and similar effects.
>>
>>51864524
A spell-like-ability that is equivalent to a spell is in fact ambiguous as to whether it allows you to use it as a prerequisite for things needing spells.
>>
Is it a good idea to multiclass as a Slayer? I was thinking to tak a lvl or 2 as alchemist.
>>
>>51864560
No, they're not 'spells'. They're spell-like abilities. Spell-like is not spell-is.

Using SLAs for prereqs got canned ages ago.
>>
>>51864560
Yes, but it is not ambiguous about whether it works with something that says "Pick one spell when you choose this trait".

This is why Empower SLA needs to be a different feat from Empower Spell.
>>
>>51864543

Then it should actually specify that.

>It is equivalent to a spell whose level is equal to 1/2 the avowed's class level (maximum 9th level).

The current text has no such stipulation.
>>
>>51864572
Not really. Slayer's one of the more vanilla classes and most of their shit is scaling.
>>
>>51864582
SLAs don't have "these are the equivalent of spells" as part of their wording.

If you have a feat that says "this is the equivalent of of mobility for prereq purposes" that is clear.
If a feat says "this feat is equivalent to mobility" it's ambiguous and will have people asking for errata down the line.

Mind you this isn't a huge deal, just could be clarified better.
>>
File: 7ad4d5373f5c875a8ee451e025626539.jpg (137KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
7ad4d5373f5c875a8ee451e025626539.jpg
137KB, 1000x707px
>>51864586

Most spell-like abilities do not stipulate, "this is equivalent to a spell" with no restrictions.

Also, is it just me, or is the nation pact's 4th-level empowerment a smidge too all-encompassing?

>Nationalistic Fervor (4th): You gain a specialized version of the ranger's favored enemy and favored terrain class features. While you are within the boundaries of your nation, you gain a +2 bonus on initiative checks and Knowledge (geography), Perception, Stealth, and Survival checks. When traveling within your nation, you normally leave no trail and cannot be tracked (though you may leave a trail if you wish).

>In addition, you gain a +2 bonus on Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks against creatures that are not citizens of your nation, citizens that are rebelling against your nation, and citizens that are currently committing treason against your nation.

>Likewise, you gain a +2 bonus on aether pulse attack and damage rolls against them (doubled with shapes that do not use attack rolls), and can make Knowledge checks untrained when attempting to identify these creatures. Each of the bonuses granted by this ability increase to +4 at 12th level, and +6 at 20th level. This ability counts as favored enemy and favored terrain for the purposes of meeting requirements and prerequisites.

It would seem that this is a scaling bonus on all aether pulse attack rolls and/or damage rolls for all enemies who matter.
>>
>>51864654
Most spell-like abilities are based on a spell with an existing level, and those that aren't include similar dialogue (see demon's Summon ability).

The ability does appear too wide at the moment. Will discuss reducing it, but it's difficult to find the balance between "no use" and "omnipresent".
>>
>>51864654
>creatures that are not citizens of your nation, citizens that are rebelling against your nation, and citizens that are currently committing treason against your nation.
You'd think so, but that dragon was just upholding his right to breathe fire!

Please note, unless you're royalty attacking you does not count as treason or rebelling against the nation. Criminals are neither unless they do very specific acts. So it doesn't affect a large number of people in your nation. It's powerful but not "affects everyone"
>>
>>51864687
As an aside, the Avowed is very close to non-attribute dependent - even if Aether Duelist wasn't an option, you could still do an entirely Cha-SAD build by instead using save-half shapes.
>>
>>51864745
As much fun as it is to make Sealand overpowered as hell, that is something that needs to be fixed.
>>
>>51861393
My character has an illegitimate son that's 14 years old since bitches couldn't resist the half-elf dick, but he doesn't know about the kid yet. The teenager lives in Andoran with his mother for now.
>>
>>51864687
>>51864701
>>51864757

The strange thing here is that it encourages you to make your pacted nation some micronation with a population of exactly one citizen: you.

This way, everyone apart from you is not a citizen of your nation, and thus you can enjoy your scaling attack and damage bonus against them.

Even without this exploit, if you want reliable attack and damage bonuses, then you should choose a nation that will never come up in the campaign. This is unintuitive.

In the interim, I suppose we can all enjoy our micronation-pacted avowed.
>>
>>51864812
>it encourages you to make your pacted nation some micronation with a population of exactly one citizen: you.

This act encourages the GM to throw you out on your eat.
'Yes,' They will say. 'Well done. You won the game. it's over now. How clever. Goodbye.'
>>
>>51864812
>>51864833

A contact of mine has pointed out that if you are indeed the ruler of a micronation, you can use your sovereign power to grant citizenship whenever you need to roll skills against someone, then revoke citizenship when you must attack them.

You could even claim land as needed for the sake of your favored terrain benefits.

It is not as though Golarion has a means of objectively recognizing nations and national boundaries.
>>
>>51864833

He's not really wrong though. Nation-based favoured enemy gets rather wonky when it is 'People who are not part of the group' rather than 'People who are part of this group'

It might be better going with 'Opponents of your nation' rather than 'People who are not part of it'. That way it incentives adventuring IN your nation. Rather than staying outside of it as much as possible and will still cover most criminal elements/monsters.
>>
>>51864833
You mean your GM wouldn't let you play some nationalistic hobo trying to defend the grand country of "His fucking barrel".
>>
>>51864896

There should really be a sidebar covering what nations are actually "valid," how claiming land in the name of your nation will work under the context of the pact, and, yes, a reliable combat bonus for battles within your nation.

Otherwise, the optimal nation pacter is a colonialist micronation sovereign who constantly claims land and grants/revokes citizenship on a whim.
>>
>>51862304
If they didn't want to get kidnapped, they wouldn't be so cute!
>>
>>51864936
I'm going to attempt that character at some point
it won't work but I'm going to attempt
>>
>>51864936

Wasn't that the entire concept of the Bone Gnawer werewolf group in Old World of Darkness?
>>
>>51862442
They might have lots of stamina, but they seem pretty lazy
>>
>>51862809
You should mindbreak him into a Follower
>>
>>51863083
That's why my character just bought and brewed Night Tea for his waifu to use. The snuff is just too dishonorable.
>>
>>51864193
In fairness, she was kind of a slut
>>
Does slaying an adult gold dragon and bathing oneself in a mixture of molten gold and dragons blood seem like an acceptable way for a wealth hungry sorcerer to become a lich?
>>
File: local madman goes awoo.png (298KB, 1178x1149px) Image search: [Google]
local madman goes awoo.png
298KB, 1178x1149px
>>51865094
Yup. I see nothing wrong with this plan. Proceed ahead as directed. Keep the pace steady.
>>
File: Dragon Warrior Concept (RaV89).jpg (385KB, 637x900px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Warrior Concept (RaV89).jpg
385KB, 637x900px
>>51865094
Yes. You should also eat it's heart for good measure.

Keep it's hide and craft armor from it to give to your best bodyguard.
>>
>>51865238
Well I was going to plate its heart in gold and encrust it with gems before making it my phylactery but now I'm hungry
>>
>>51865094
>when you accidentally fall asleep in your dragon blood hot tub and wake up a gilded Lich
>>
File: St Valentinus.jpg (244KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
St Valentinus.jpg
244KB, 600x900px
>>51865274

>>51865273
What else would be your last meal as a mortal? It's liver? It's tail? One of its eggs?
>>
>>51865333
Probably a nice tail steak
>>
Are wayfinders pfs only items? Is there some sort of unwritten, unspoken agreement not to use them? Not sure where I got it in my head that they are off limits but I've never seen them used or mentioned outside of pfs.
>>
>>51864109

Literally nobody did this. I've been religiously following these threads, and the most criticism has been from you, criticismfag.

Interestingly, these posts all started after Seth was posted to the apps forum. And show up around the same time that happened, too.

Quit shilling your own character and your waifus, we are on to your scheme.
>>
>>51865395
They require a Pathfinder Society rating to acquire.
>>
What should be equipment of a true professional character, especially for those who enjoy fighting dirty?
>>
File: Brawler girl 12.jpg (242KB, 800x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Brawler girl 12.jpg
242KB, 800x1090px
>>51864045
Nah, my playtest is 1p + SoM + 20 point buy. All the hardcovers are being considered for this, as are the softcovers. It's just more like if you show me something that requires 7 different books to make a broken character, it's less impactful to me than "Jolly, this single feat/option breaks one of your options" like what happened with some content.
>>
>>51865395
Only a shit DM wouldn't let you buy one, particularly because wayfinders are at most DC 15 to craft, making them incredibly easy to replicate.
>>
>>51865567
Wizard robe and Hat.
>>
>>51865542
>>51865579
I remember reading about one joking and saying that all his characters get wayfinders and just saying he bought it off a washed up Pathfinder.
>>
>>51865567

Slashing weapon.
Piercing weapon.
Blunt weapon.
Cold Iron weapon.
Silver weapon.
Magic weapon.

Meele and ranged.
Ropes.
Sacks, human-sized and small ones.
>>
>>51865586

Why would you declare yourself as a wizard? Dress like a hobbo so they dont target you first.
>>
>>51865570
Yet you still nerfed everything 2hu bitched about.
>>
>>51865643

2Hu, for all the issues with his ability to communicate does often have a point. He's just shit at expressing it well.
>>
File: Bralwer girl 42.jpg (2MB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
Bralwer girl 42.jpg
2MB, 1024x1448px
>>51865643
They brought up some issues which I thought were worth considering. I've had to nerf things that due to softcovers lead to infinite loops as well, that's just how it goes sometimes. I also didn't change everything they brought up, as lancer's still the same despite its involvement in their 'ultimate' build.

Right now we're all working on the first alpha playtest doc at the moment, so we're doing our best to try and incorporate feedback where we can.
>>
File: THy4AEI.jpg (140KB, 1208x619px) Image search: [Google]
THy4AEI.jpg
140KB, 1208x619px
>>51865633
What, like a peasant?
>>
>>51865676
>as lancer's still the same despite its involvement in their 'ultimate' build.
No, you totally nerfed the extra attacks from -2 to -3.
>>
>>51865688
I see someone who won't be surviving rustydagger shanktown.
>>
>>51865567
Lots of oil for priming his victims for "interrogation."
>>
>>51865700
I see someone who isn't very good at roleplaying wizards.
>>
File: Brawler girl 55.png (99KB, 182x521px) Image search: [Google]
Brawler girl 55.png
99KB, 182x521px
>>51865698
Right now that's something we're keeping an eye on, seeing how good the cleave style is for it. If -3's too much, we're going to go back to -2.

Also yesterday involved some work on both the technician and conscript; conscript is actually looking pretty fun (that's the build a martial). It can also get a UC rogue's finesse training, which is at the moment the only way to get dex to damage with SoM as far as I'm aware.
>>
What's more interestung from the non-combat perspective, tiefling with claws or maw?
>>
File: mileena-mkx-concept-artwork2.png (289KB, 1023x1177px) Image search: [Google]
mileena-mkx-concept-artwork2.png
289KB, 1023x1177px
>>51865802
Claws.

Who'd want to kiss this?
>>
>>51865802
Both have potential. Claws are subtler since you can cover your hands without suspicion easier than concealing your mouth, but a cute Tiefling with a wicked maw that lived in the right culture could Mileena it up with a veil or wrap that concealed the mouth.

Actually, Sharia Tiefling could be pretty cute. Take Maw, wear niqab, and use that cute eye make-up for maximum halal.
>>
>>51865818
Dude, should've used old Mileena. New Mileena is kissable as fuck. She's got lips and everything now
>>
>>51865818
Imo she already looks cute. I guess I just learned how little of a shit I give about a woman's cheeks, but seriously, she's already pretty damn hot and it's not like the teeth get in the way of what you're here for. Unless you have a giant cheek fetish.
>>
>>51865843
Oh, christ, yeah. Wow. The old one is terrifying. What the hell's up with the redesign?
... Then again, given her outfit, sexing her up was probably the point.
>>
>>51865843
>old Mileena
Oh fuck yeah look at those chompers. Yeah, I should have used this one first.
>>
File: mileena.jpg (147KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
mileena.jpg
147KB, 768x768px
>>51865892
Google turned up this one for me, which fucking terrified me. Anon's one there is like, not ATTRACTIVE to me, but not terrifying. Monstery is better in my book, but again, the boobs kinda... screw with stuff here.
>>
File: b43e4e931f97fbd2c93fe67b84f7c6d8.jpg (257KB, 854x1207px) Image search: [Google]
b43e4e931f97fbd2c93fe67b84f7c6d8.jpg
257KB, 854x1207px
I was experimenting with avowed builds, and I have managed to piece together a 7th-level, Paizo + Dreamscarred Press + Avowed 1 build that has a very high chance of killing a CR 18 monster on the first turn with nearly irresistible damage.

This build is admittedly quite reliant on aether pulse's ambiguous "this is equivalent to a spell" line, on Empower Spell-Like Ability's ambiguity on multiplying extra damage dice, and on the bizarreness of the nation pact's scaling attack and damage bonus. I suppose, then, that this build's purpose is to show Forrest and Forrest's co-author that those three should be patched up and clarified.

Have I missed anything here?

Level: 7th
Race: Human
Class: Avowed (nation pact with a micronation, aether blow, balefire infusion) 4/warder (dervish defender) 3

Key Ability Score: Dexterity 25 = base 18 + racial 2 + level advancement 2 + enhancement 4
Key Equipment: Headband of alluring charisma +4 (16,000 gp), cracked pale green prism ioun stone (4,000 gp)

Traits:
Combat: Practiced Initiator (warder)
Magic: Magical Knack (magic)
Regional: Secret of the Impossible Kingdom, because aether pulse "is equivalent to a spell" with no restrictions
Regional (avowed human FCB): Unorthodox Method (Solar Wind/Virulent Spray)
Social: Student of Philosophy
Drawback: One of choice

Feats:
Human: Precise Shot
1st-level: Shape Veil (circlet of brass)
3rd-level: Overcharge Modulation (lifeleech pulse)
5th-level: Extra Essence
Dervish Defender: Two-Weapon Fighting
7th-level: Aether Duelist
Warder: Improved Two-Weapon Fighting

Clauses: Hidden knowledge, silver tongue, lifeleech pulse, sightseer

Aether Barrage Attacks:
2 attacks from BAB
1 attack from aether barrage's second purchase
2 attacks from Aether Duelist and Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
Total Attacks: 5

Range: 100 feet + 70 feet from caster level = 170 feet
>>
File: b088cc87e1a20ca3e31bebf28dab887b.png (939KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
b088cc87e1a20ca3e31bebf28dab887b.png
939KB, 707x1000px
>>51865923

Aether Barrage Attack Bonus:
6 BAB
+7 Dexterity modifier
+2 nation pact with a micronation
+1 cracked pale green prism ioun stone
-2 Aether Duelist
Total: = +14/+14/+14/+9/+9, targets touch AC, negates all miss chances

Aether Barrage Damage:
2d8 aether pulse with Magical Knack, Secret of the Impossible Kingdom, and Aether Duelist
+7 Dexterity modifier
+2 nation pact
+6 circlet of brass, because "a special type of fire damage" is still fire damage
+2d6 Elemental Flux Stance
+3d6 Searing Break
Total: 2d8+5d6+15 (average 41.5), multiplied by 1.5 (average 62.25) due to balefire infusion, Empower Spell-Like Ability, and Overcharge Modulation

If all five hit touch AC, then that deals an average of 311.25 damage, enough to kill a CR 18 with average hit points:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E2-s8weiulPoBQjdI05LBzOUToyoZIdSsLKxHAvf8F8/edit#gid=3

This completely ignores fire resistance and fire immunity, and ignores acid resistance. 2/3rds of the damage of each hit is acid damage, but that still deals half damage against acid immunity; a hit against an acid-immune enemy will deal 41.5 average damage, so five hits against an acid-immune enemy will deal 207.5 damage, enough to kill a CR 14.

As an added bonus, the character is a veritable skill monkey due to their hidden knowledge and silver tongue clauses, their sightseer lets them see perfectly in all darkness and see invisibility, and they add their Intelligence bonus to AC in light armor while holding two weapons.

Not bad for a 7th-level character.
>>
>>51865916
>>51865865
Well, look at her DLC outfits...

>dat "Sexy Mummy Girlâ„¢" Halloween outfit.
>>
How quicly does a +2 natural armor bonus gets obsolete and why?
>>
>>51865950
Never, really? Not much gives Natural Armour so it's not like it's gonna conflict with other enhancements...
>>
>>51865923
Wording will be cleared up, abilities that affect spells and not spell-like abilities should NOT function on Aether Pulse. It's a spell-like ability and WILL function like one. RAW will be clarified.

A further note is that the Avowed is not balanced with Path of War in mind. While you're free to do whatever you want in your games, as an unaffiliated publisher we cannot account for other third party content.
>>
>>51865950

Nat. Armor is always good and only obsoletes with a few things like spells or maybe class features
>>
>>51866025

>A further note is that the Avowed is not balanced with Path of War in mind.

This strikes me as odd, given that the avowed explicitly mentions "Dreamscarred Press's Path of War: Expanded."

>This allows them to interact with abilities like Mithral Current maneuvers from Dreamscarred Press' Path of War: Expanded.

This implies that the material is, in fact, being balanced with Path of War material in mind.
>>
>>51865950
Nat armor is one of the most worthless types of AC because it doesn't apply vs touch attacks, which are the real killers in the late levels.
AC as a primary defense rapidly falls off I uselessness past level 9.
>>
File: 2f168c2a47cd798df67c3bbba7d7d6ae.jpg (391KB, 1514x900px) Image search: [Google]
2f168c2a47cd798df67c3bbba7d7d6ae.jpg
391KB, 1514x900px
>>51866050

To add to this, the favored class bonuses also mention:

>In addition to this option, the following are alternate favored class options for individual races. Several of these races are found in Ultimate Psionics and Bloodforge by Dreamscarred Press.

Given that Path of War, psionics, and Bloodforge are all explicitly referenced in the Avowed 1 document, it is only reasonable to glean from this that the avowed is meant to be used alongside such material.
>>
>>51866050
This is not the case. While we wished to clarify for the sake of people in games that do use both (given similar issues with the Soulknife prior to Path of War: Expanded), balancing with all other third party content is not possible, and it is not balanced with Path of War or Path of War (Expanded) in mind.
>>
File: 46aad8f7d453ab0f37b5605269a10092.jpg (604KB, 905x1280px) Image search: [Google]
46aad8f7d453ab0f37b5605269a10092.jpg
604KB, 905x1280px
>>51866079

In that case, it might be prudent to include a small sidebar explicitly noting such a thing.

You are sending mixed messages if you are deliberately including in your product support for Path of War, psionic races, and Bloodforge races, but fail to indicate that you are not actually balancing the product with these options in mind.
>>
>>51866079
Still sounds like something that should be spelled out in the book's forward text, maybe. Just so people don't get the wrong idea.
>>
>>51866124
Even if you put it at the top and bottom of every page, people would still misunderstand.
>>
>>51866064

what's the best defebses past lvl 9?
>>
>>51866202
Maybe, but then you have a defensible position when those people come complaining to you. It's proactively managing your PR.
>>
Been looking through the Jolly kineticist stuff recently, and I want to give the Viscera element a try. Any tips for an up-and-coming meatman?
>>
>>51866218

Nuking someone before they can act
>>
File: bad5326e6afed1b717f1f0791b95835c.jpg (560KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bad5326e6afed1b717f1f0791b95835c.jpg
560KB, 708x1000px
>>51864882
>>51864896
>>51864936
>>51864948

On the opposite end of the micronation pact, there is the option of declaring the nebulous concept of "the multiverse" as the nation one has forged a pact with, but then implementing some byzantine law that makes oneself the sole sovereign, able to grant and revoke citizenship at-will.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement

And this would have real-world precedent.
>>
File: 1378331328584.png (33KB, 298x300px) Image search: [Google]
1378331328584.png
33KB, 298x300px
>>51866301

>Sovereign Citizen Avowed

Oh my god, please don't.
>>
>>51863928
Why is that dwarven woman so tall?
>>
>>51866301
Quite. We'll work out a clearer definition - and likely one that doesn't punish people for being foreigners so much, which is already uncomfortably xenophobic.

>>51866314
Personally, I suggest statting those up as Self Pact.
>>
File: MGR - monsoon nope.gif (912KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
MGR - monsoon nope.gif
912KB, 320x180px
>>51866218
Concealment, like Blur or Displacement
Deflection
Intangibility
Damage Reduction
>>
>>51866324
>which is already uncomfortably xenophobic.

Being absurdly patriotic, fighting against your nation's foes, is "uncomfortable?"

Friend please, if you kill your enemies they do *not* win.
>>
>>51866324
But can't you reflavor the Nation Pact into anything else, like a Self Pact anyway?
>>
>>51866356
>Friend please, if you kill your enemies they do *not* win.
What if they come back stronger every time they die

Or come back as a ghost or some kind of intelligent undead?

Or they have some kind of dead mans switch ritual that will trigger the end of the world or something?
>>
Is crimson countess a decent archetype? I mean I get that it's not as powerful as a ravenlord, but how does it compare to the regular harbinger?
>>
>>51866444
Crimson Countess is a lot of fun - but plays very different from a normal harbinger.
You lose all its debuff stacking ability and just become a normal initiator with some side abilities.
You claim as many things as possible and just deal damage to them.
>>
>>51866324

Also, perhaps this is just me, but the nation pact's attunement does not actually synergize with its bonus clauses of aether barrage or aether lance.

Aether barrage and aether lance, without any feats, are incompatible with manufactured weapon attacks. Aether barrage wants you to attack from afar, and aether lance works best if you stay mobile.

How, then, is the underwhelming attunement of the nation pact supposed to synergize with such playstyles?
>>
>>51866444

It's pretty fun, but it locks you into playing as a woman.
>>
>>51866532
what
>>
>>51866444

It's a fun one if you know your GM likes using minions as you can just start claiming weak guys and they'll fall over while you fight bigger guys.
>>
>>51866549

Countess is feminine!
>>
File: 06814e8a1e152c88ea8bbea18916774a.jpg (832KB, 990x1400px) Image search: [Google]
06814e8a1e152c88ea8bbea18916774a.jpg
832KB, 990x1400px
>>51865923

Also, it seems that I had committed an error in this build anyway, by selecting Precise Shot before Point Blank Shot.

I suppose that feat is not especially necessary anyway, given that these are touch attacks.
>>
>>51864882
Yes it does. It's called The Inner Sea World Guide.
>>
>>51866356
Gaining a bonus against FOREIGNERS is xenophobic. Foreigners include your country's allies - to lash out blindly against anyone from elsewhere is, indeed, xenophobic. Rather by definition.
>>
>>51866785

Honestly, as a huge fucking loser that studied Golarion extensively, I don't see much of the ridicule people are heaping on how Avistan operates.

Like, people say things "don't make sense" but they really, really do when you read into it. Molthune and Nirmathas are evidence enough of that.
>>
>>51866487
>>51866324
Nation is weird.

On My Command enables a lazylord playstyle, but it comes online late, and at first will do worse damage than if you'd spent your turn on Aether Barrage or Aether Lance.
It very much feels like a ribbon ability until it actually becomes worth using at 12th level.
>>
>>51866809
Can you give some examples of common things people complain don't make sense and then explain how they actually do?
>>
>>51866797

It would likely be better against Enemies of your Nation. Criminals are harming it by robbing members of your nation, monsters are eating people from it and people trying to end the world are ruining shit for your nation. That's a large amount of D&D opponents.
>>
>>51865930

>2/3rds of the damage of each hit is acid damage, but that still deals half damage against acid immunity; a hit against an acid-immune enemy will deal 41.5 average damage, so five hits against an acid-immune enemy will deal 207.5 damage, enough to kill a CR 14.

I had also committed an error here in that only 5d6 of the damage is acid damage, but I suppose that is no longer relevant.
>>
>>51866831

You're going to have to give me some examples that get thrown around here, because none come to mind beyond "people bitch about the lore."
>>
>>51866832

What about traitors or invading forces?

What determines who is an Enemy of the Nation?
>>
How is the avowed's 14th-level class feature not just a flavor ribbon?

>Patronage (Su): At 14th level, an avowed has attained power that lets him become a patron for other avowed. He can bestow a pact on another being, as described on page 25, granting them the benefits of his own pact commiserate to their new avowed level (even if it isn't a Patron pact).

"You can retrain people into avowed" is a rather niche benefit in most campaigns, and it does not help that the requirements on the part of the patron are highly nebulous.

This class feature also fails to distinguish between patron, symbiotic, and esoteric pacts.
>>
>>51866921

>This class feature also fails to distinguish between patron, symbiotic, and esoteric pacts.

That's part of the fluff.

Patron has the Avowed recommending their Patron to the other character. Symbiotic is likely something like "transferring" some of their essence into the other character, like shearing off a bit of lightning elemental or "seeding" someone with shadow.

Esoteric is sorta monk-like, glutting the person on axioms and philosophy until their third eye awakens.
>>
>>51866921
It is definitely more of a ribbon than not, but it can have wide-reaching consequences on narrative.
Turning a whole settlement of level 1 villagers into avowed, each getting your pact sense and one least clause of their choice permanently, is potentially huge.

I agree that the process of how this is done could do with some clarification, though.
>>
>>51866942
>Esoteric is sorta monk-like, glutting the person on axioms and philosophy until their third eye awakens.

Making them run about with a turtle shell on their back.
>>
>>51861393

>Extremely voluptuous divine character never ever
>>
>>51865923
This build is illegal in several different places, without even getting into Spell Like Bullshit.

Too many traits, multiple traits of the same type, you took Shape Veil at level 1 despite it requiring you to be a 3rd Level Veil-weaver or a 5h level character.
>>
File: dbda2ce6ce4a3b45049e3a5f4366481d.jpg (457KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
dbda2ce6ce4a3b45049e3a5f4366481d.jpg
457KB, 1280x800px
>>51866942
>>51866947

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/retraining/

A 1st-level commoner can spend 6 days and 60 gp without a trainer in order to retrain their commoner level into any PC class level, including, yes, avowed.

Furthermore, the NPC wealth of a 1st-level commoner is 260 gp:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/npc-classes/non-player-characters/

As the infamous barmaid example shows:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/npc-s/npc-3/barmaid-human-commoner-5/

If the avowed's 14th-level class feature is supposed to compete with retraining, then it will have to step up its metaphorical game to match the rabbit hole that the retraining rules already are.

>>51866981

I did point out that Precise Shot should not have been selectable, but I also pointed out that it is not an essential feat.

>Too many traits, multiple traits of the same type
You are actually correct here; I was using the human avowed FCB, but I had included a fifth trait for some reason. I suppose it does not matter now given that the "equivalent to a spell" wording will be clarified.

Shape Veil, in the final version of Akashic Mysteries, has the following prerequisite line: "Con 13 or veilweaver level 1, Wis 13." It can thus be taken by a 1st-level character.
>>
File: 1485451077512.jpg (65KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
1485451077512.jpg
65KB, 625x352px
>>51864148
Dealing fuckloads of damage is the main viability point of classes that cannot drop effective BFC, buffing, or other threat mitigation. You're a min-maxing fucktard, 2hu; you should know better.

The Avowed, from what I remember, had pretty meh everything but damage with Overcharge, but most of the class slipped out my mind because oh fucking boy, another 3.5 warlock port! I'm so enthused. Look at how enthused I am.

Look.
>>
>>51867073
>A 1st-level commoner can spend 6 days and 60 gp without a trainer in order to retrain their commoner level into any PC class level, including, yes, avowed.

They can but they won't, because a Dragon isn't going to be sticking a portion of their powerful essence into a busty barmaid.
>>
>>51867096
>I need to 1-round any encounter I face before the party can help me
>straight HP damage is the only way to win fights
>I have a funny macro image look how clever I am.
stop
>>
>>51867103
>what is self pact
>>
>>51867103
>Dragon isn't going to be sticking a portion of their powerful essence into a busty barmaid
isn't this the reason like 50% of sorcerers exist?
>>
>>51867153

How is a busty barmaid going to unlock their Persona.
>>
File: hank hill evokes his persona.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
hank hill evokes his persona.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>>51867180
By shooting themselves in the head?
>>
>>51867158

The most common type of dragon type to make a sorcerer is, by a huge margin, Blue Dragons.

Blues are hegemonic imperialists that love to capture people.
>>
>>51864125
It's on my list of silly things to do in pathfinder along with
>Fast healer feat
>Glorious heat feat
>Boots of the earth item

Though that's an admittedly short list, I should update it more.
Any other suggestions?
>>
>>51867233

>Fast Healer feat
>the feat that makes self-sufficient martials actually viable

[Would you Like to Know More?]

[YES] NO
>>
>>51864936
Diogenes get out.
>>
>>51867245
>makes self-sufficient martials actually viable
>when it's just a booster to the healing from magical items

??????
>>
>tfw pyrausta is a completely adorable improved familiar but they can't dodge or move for shit so they'll get killed if targeted
Guess I need to go with the calligraphy wyrm, which is also adorable and fun. And a pen.
>>
>>51866833
So you're relying on three separate resource systems (Velis, Weeaboo Fightan Majick) and a dodgy ruling on a poorly written ability...to make a Flasked Avenger+/Spellwarp Mailman?

Good for you? Anything dipping that much and throwing out boosted energy attacks enhanced by energy synergy abilities from a different subsystem against Touch better shit out damage, or else the beating you get from the rest of the table wouldn't be worth it.
>>
>>51867326
*Velis, damn phoneposting.

The Avowed's totally not eldritch blast Aether is the third power source, of course.
>>
>>51867245
>>51867282
The feat gives you extra HP when you heal, so any way to get little heals in large numbers becomes a boon.
Such as Boots of the Earth, which let you spend a move action to gain fast healing 1 which becomes fast healing 1+1/2 con mod with Fast Healer until you move. Or Glorious heat which heals you the level of the spell, so a 0 level spell is still half your con mod, so go nuts with the spark orisons if you can nab it
>>
>>51867358
>healing
>costing non-neglegible GP
You do know that wands are cheap as fuck right?
>>
>>51867326
I'd like to add an addendum to Jolly's 3+ book rule with 2+ publishers.
>>
File: 2448e4365c9735330a9748730cd35726.jpg (261KB, 1700x1161px) Image search: [Google]
2448e4365c9735330a9748730cd35726.jpg
261KB, 1700x1161px
>>51867326
>>51867344

Again, the avowed PDF explicitly mentions Dreamscarred Press's Path of War, Ultimate Psionics, and Bloodforge.

If the intent is *not* to balance the avowed with these in mind, then the product should contain an appropriate disclaimer.
>>
>>51867368
Yea, but I really like having ways around item dependency and characters that are self sufficient.
Same reason I love the eidolon trick of fast healing+sacrifice evolutions.
>>
>>51865923
Does aether barrage even work with twf?
>>
>>51867358
>>51867459
>spend three feats and the gold for magic items to make it work
>possibly more, in the case of Glorious heat, since you'd need a way to at-will spark and convince your DM to count it
>in order to make out of combat healing slightly more efficient
>"ways around item dependency"

This doesn't really seem like a very good deal man. It'd be a funny gimmick build if you maxed out Con on something that used it for a bunch of stuff, like... A Self-Avowed or Kineticist (32 Con at level 20, Ring of Regeneration is now +7 HP/round instead of +1), but it looks kind of negligible otherwise. The "best" out of combat healing is effectively infinite anyway, so making it work FASTER doesn't tend to mean anything unless you're doing back-to-back fights.
>>
>>51867495

With the Aether Duelist feat, it does.

Either way, I would not recommend referring to >>51865923 any longer.

The build chooses Precise Shot when it should not be able to, and it has one trait too many, and the nation pact.

The "equivalent to a spell" wording is to be revised, as is the nation pact.

Most importantly, it turns out that despite the Path of War being explicitly mentioned in the text, the avowed is not being balanced with Path of War material in mind.
>>
>>51867233
>Fast healer
>Prerequisites: Con 13, Diehard, Endurance
>>
>>51867509
>>51867542
This is all true, and the reason it's on my hijinks list instead of my serious build ideas list. Things like that and other funny ideas go there, like Magical Child Vigilanties with brute familiars and companion to the lonely.
Not very effective, but funny.
>>
Then you use counter, you must declare it before i know if attack hit me or after?
I'm talking about maneuvers without special triggers (Make an Acrobatics check, using your opponent’s attack roll as the DC for example)
>>
>>51867526

Also, I listed down a headband of alluring charisma +4 in >>51865923 when that should have been a belt of incredible dexterity +4.
>>
>>51867569
After attack is rolled, because you can't use counters against nat20.
>>
I want my PC to be good at WRASTLIN'. If I make a Grapple build, will my GM hate me? Also what are the best grapple feats? I at least know of the Kraken Style.
>>
>>51867569
And can you give a quote? My two players are fighting because of this and throw shit mixed with sentences from the book at each other.
>>
>>51867582
One player says that DM should roll secretly and say to player, if it's a natural 20.
>>
>>51867542
Dip Unbreakable Fighter.

If I personally, I'm not that anon were to do that then I'd probably also get Stalwart and maybe a dip in MoMS Monk for Crane Style.

-2 to hit in exchange for 5 DR/-, doubling to DR 10/- with Improved Stalwart.

Go all the way and be an Aasimar with the Enlightened Warrior trait. Fighter (Unbreakable) 1/Monk (MoMS) 1/Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) X.

Go for the Dragon Totem line and Increased Damage Reduction powers.
>>
>incorporeal subtype is immune to crits and special physical attacks like sneak attacks
But it can be slapped the fuck out with normal hits, right? Seems a tad silly for it to negate only those.
>>
File: fe5c1a3132f560f23fdeea953c6c844b.jpg (213KB, 1023x724px) Image search: [Google]
fe5c1a3132f560f23fdeea953c6c844b.jpg
213KB, 1023x724px
>>51865923

Also, I had mistakenly listed level advancement for Dexterity.

This build is truly full of errors, but they do not change the final result by much.
>>
>>51867605
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19926497&postcount=386
>>
Welp, Roll20 is currently kill.
>>
>>51867615
This is a valid interpretation but not the way RAW insists on.

I feel there's no harm in showing the attack roll result as it makes your choice to counter or not actually meaningful, rather than 'damn I dunno I guess I should give it a shot' every time.
>>
>>51867597
Your gm and everyone involved will hate you at first but will thank you later as everyone in the group becomes familiar with grappling.
>>
>>51867597
unchained monk is the only way to grapple in a non-shit manner.
>>
>>51867597
Dirty Fighting, Improved Grapple, Greater Grapple, Rapid Grappler.

Grabbing Style and Tatzlywyrm Rake if you want to do something silly like grapple three enemies at once. Needs a Master of Many Styles Dip though.
>>
>>51867890
This except without the second half, grapple is a terrible mechanic not just because of how clunky it is to use but because of how quickly it breaks battles when someone DOES get it working
>>
New Thread: >>51868198
>>51868198
>>51868198
>>51868198
>>51868198
>>51868198
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.