[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 41

File: 952bd4e7862164d2a359bb3b5785aef7.png (974KB, 1058x1510px) Image search: [Google]
952bd4e7862164d2a359bb3b5785aef7.png
974KB, 1058x1510px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Have you ever played a snakeperson, like a nagaji, vishkanya, ophiduan, sthein (legit naga!), or alafia (also a legit naga!)? What were they like? Were they cute? How did you roleplay them using their snake parts?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread: >>51808690
>>
>>51814364
Fuck off DHB.
>>
>>51814364
Please stay, DHB, I want this salty fuck here >>51814511 to cry some more.
>>
File: dnvXFGN.jpg (40KB, 483x352px) Image search: [Google]
dnvXFGN.jpg
40KB, 483x352px
>>51814364
>>51814511
>rewrites entire personality section in response to criticism
What drives a man to this kind of autism.
>>
>>51814533
That's honestly pretty normal for players that don't have a solid concept of their character at the ready. Not everybody has that particular gift, after all.
>>
>>51814496
Vishkanya are my favorite race and I go out of my way to play one. She was not very cute. She had no "snake parts".
>>
Tell me about combat tricks, are they worth it?
>>
>>51814496
Hey, /pfg/, how are you guys on treating new players? 'Cause I am one and I need help making my character.

Specifically I need help with the class. I want to be a spellcaster that summons a bunch of disposable mooks that I don't care about to do the heavy lifting in combat for me while I do buffs and other shenanigans. Obviously the Summoner class is the first choice, but that looks like it plays closer to "Magical Pokemon Trainer" than "Non-Necromantic Necromancer", which is what I was shooting for.

Is there anything that lets me do this or am I barking up the wrong tree?
>>
>>51814526
>>51814533
>>51814543
I will be honest I am not flitting back and forth from my original ideas they consisted of:
>Asmodean tiefling, orphan from the Goblinblood Wars sent up north (Asmodean Advocate Cleric/
>Anti-paladin who came up north to found his own nation as a crusader king
>Current character (used to be the anti-paladin)
>Bard who won his instrument in a bet with a demon in a "Devil went down to Georgia" style contest. (Fiendpact Avowed/Bard)
>>
>>51814685
>>Bard who won his instrument in a bet with a demon in a "Devil went down to Georgia" style contest. (Fiendpact Avowed/Bard)
The idea is most of his mythic stuff would be spent on an item which would be his Golden Fiddle
>>
What's an appropriate amount of backstory for a 1st level character to have? I mean, obviously they haven't done any grand adventuring or saved any kingdoms (yet) but I think you can and should do more than only explaining the circumstances of their birth and what made them interested in adventuring. On the other hand, taken too far, you can end up with a much-too-long description of the mundane and possibly trite details of how the character grew up, especially since there's only so much character development that you want to have happened in a character's backstory in my opinion, since it's silly to start playing a character that has already resolved their personal issues.
>>
>>51814461
Jin Imoji
LG male Human Eliciter|Paladin (Enlightened Paladin)*
Campaign Trait: Touched by Divinity (No deity, Luck domain)
>Middle/upper-middle class bourgeoise musician
>Formed a band because why not
>Suddenly demons burning the village down. Because people got mad enough, like it's RWBY or some shit.
>Best friend just walks off, Jin gets KO'd and wakes up in a monastery, having been saved at the last second by his long-lost father
>So he goes to join the crusades. Which, given the naming conventions of his hometown, would be on the other side of the fucking planet.

Let's go with personality first. He's "flighty" and "care-free"--a decent enough start--and has the typical anime protagonist schtick where he just suddenly falls into super-serious I FIGHT FOR MY FRIENDS mode whenever the plot requires it. There's not much depth here, but there might not need to be if the backstory's strong enough and tells about who he is as a person.

But oh boy, that backstory. Looking at the character sheet, seeing that there's a different title than Wrath of the Raunchy written into its "Campaign" section, suddenly it all makes perfect sense.

The backstory is essentially two or three paragraphs stretched out into six. Idyllic hometown, torched by monsters, saved at the last second by mysterious guardian, strikes out to adventure as a verb. Jin as a man, as a product of events? Forget it. The detail of him being from a rich background seems to be just a vehicle for an arbitrary rift between him and another guy with equally shoddy characterization.
>>
>>51814731
Fei Xiahou
NG female Human Psion|Warder (Dervish Defender)
Campaign Trait: Child of the Crusades
>Parents were legendary swordmasters from Quain
>Mom abandoned the family to keep adventuring and died in the Worldwound
>Fei ended up as a teacher after her dad steered her away from the hero life
>Ran away from her happy life for no raisin and built a raft (?!) to travel to Avistan
>Possessed mom told her the truth and revealed that she wanted Fei to keep fighting in her place

This does tell me why Fei is the way she is. But having her mother be the spirit possessing her in addition to being the impetus behind her journey weakens her, as a character. She's basically being bullied into PC-hood, and while that could yet work as a motivation, it leaves a sour taste to realize that her story is basically someone else's.

As for personality, that's more the strong suit of this application. A fish out of water is a pretty good chestnut to build upon, in terms of potential. The problem is that if you alienate yourself too much, you make it that much harder to build bonds with other PCs, or the NPC cast, or the campaign as a whole.

Being a hero nerd doesn't hurt too bad, and the detail of trying to reconcile the fundamental, outlook-shattering betrayal her mother inflicted on her, that's good. But it feels a lot like she belongs in a different campaign, since her backstory basically could swap out any given campaign problem for The Worldwound and you wouldn't have to change a single word otherwise.
>>
>>51814738
>traveled to Avistan via raft
wait what?
>>
>>51814685
>>Bard who won his instrument in a bet with a demon in a "Devil went down to Georgia" style contest. (Fiendpact Avowed/Bard)
150% better character concept. You should switch to it.
>>
File: Golarion_world_map.jpg (170KB, 1350x924px) Image search: [Google]
Golarion_world_map.jpg
170KB, 1350x924px
>>51814754
>>51814738
I don't know where Quain is, but I wonder if that's actually feasible.
>>
Berserk/Evil Game GM here.

With the success of Evil Game and the resounding failure that was trying to get Berserk game off the ground, I will likely scrap the current character creation rules of When the sun falls. I may just scrap the whole idea for the setting as well and just run something original, since that worked just fine with the other game.

This would be a Tuesday game, and I would like to pick /tg/ for what they want to see in a game setting, and what character creation rules you would like to see as well.
>>
>>51814790
The map says "Not to scale", you can't be sure that all these places aren't just like a couple blocks down the street from each other or something.
>>
File: yeah.png (2MB, 1350x924px) Image search: [Google]
yeah.png
2MB, 1350x924px
>>51814790
I dunno, you tell me. Could a "crude raft" make it that far?
>>
/pfg/ not the same anon as other summoner guy
I am rather inept at optimization, what kind of build should I do for a shadow caller summoner who buffs his eidolon and himself to holy hell and back and fights alongside it while minoring in battlefield control/area denial
>>
>>51814822
Yeah, no, fuck that.
>>
>>51814822
Maybe a masterwork crude raft could.
>>
>>51814790
>>51814822
Tian Xia to Avistan via raft would be suicide for a level 1. Can you imagine what lurks in those waters? Aboleths, Gillmen, Sahaguin and all sorts of aquatic nasties?

You're a sitting duck with no cover only needing to get bumped before your raft gets turned into debris. And that's before the weather also decides to fuck with you. Not to mention the supplies you would need for such a journey. Imagine Tom hanks and how he didnt last very long while this guy tries to cross a continent life of pi style.
>>
>>51814784
>>51814701
>>51814685
Now the problem is making a character with a good enough Perform at level one to reasonably be able to beat a demon powerful enough to make a pact. Here is what I am working with.

>halfling with 20 cha
>luck domain from trait
>hard working trait
>skill focus perform (strings)
>savant trait
>driven worker racial trait
>masterwork fiddle
I'm looking at a +20 to perform and an average 14 on 2d20. This gives an average check of 34 perform.

This means he is into Extraordinary Performance that attracts extraplanar attention, but 1 more and he can on average manage 35 which is a big milestone.

He could handily beat a Vrock who, if it was a performer, would have around a +15.

The character would be a half-elf named Jahni, and be actual a boisterous performer convinced he was the best that's ever lived.
>>
>>51814738
Lorelei Aldenwood
LE female Human Inquisitor (Living Grimoire)|Wizard
Campaign Trait: Touched by Divinity (though it doesn't appear on the character sheet as of having just read it)
>Andoran farm girl, excelled in school, started turning into kind of a shut in
>Dad misinterprets her collection of pinups of Chelaxian sorceress sluts and sends her to Cheliax--Andoran's sworn enemy nation--to study at wizard school.
>Goes deep, deep into demonology and starts reading a mysterious book she just happened to find
>Book starts talking to her, and it wants to go to the Worldwound; This can only lead to good things
>But hey, she might enslave a succubus waifu or three, so fuck it let's go to Mendev

So yeah, lesbo wants a demon harem. She's aiming high, at least, in her own way. This backstory isn't actually all that bad, apart from the idea that an Andoran girl could just swooce right into Chelish wizard college with a bag of money. It sets up her motivation, establishes how she interacts with the world (answer: poorly) and shows why she's going to Mendev.

Problem is that while she's solidly written, she's just remarkably unpleasant as a character. Her motives are creepy without having much of a reason for them beyond "she's just a lesbo and they're like that I guess". Like, at least Lucius/Irina had a psychological flaw he was trying to turn into a strength. On top of that, her attitude is horrendous. I'd understand starting out as a character who doesn't play well with others, but you've got to leave room for her to actually tolerate *someone*. At best, she's the creepy yandere who's probably going to develop an unhealthy infatuation with another party member, at worst she's just going to stay standoffish the whole game, refusing to do anything more than snark.
>>
>Picking between style and actual effectiveness
This is hell.
>>
>>51814921
The hell is
>hard working trait
?
>>
>>51814998
meant the driven worker racial trait, ended up listing it twice
>>
>>51814922
Doing any more? I don't remember who's left.
>>
>>51814922
As Lorelei's player I gotta say that this is... more or less what I was trying to convey.

She's supposed to be kind of this instance of "well we've got some low resources so we kind of need to accept anyone with a cure spell on deck for the Crusades."

The only thing I wish I brought up more was really the concept of redemption. She's supposed to be more or less someone who's dipped into something FAR too big for her age and is thinking with lust currently. Being around enough strong figures (mentally) would probably be enough to straighten her out. Or if the party turned out to have an evil ting to them she could keep going on her mission.
>>
>>51814922
And now, since I saw him mentioned at the tail end of the last thread,

Uk'Regash Ashenskin
LE Half-Orc Antipaladin (Dread Vanguard, Tyrant)|Zealot
>Son of hellknights, raised by an Asmodean priest, orphaned at a young age
>Trained by Black Thorn Knights, who nurtured his "dominant instincts" and strength
>Joined the BTK when he was old enough
>Now he's going to attend Armasse with them, nothing could possibly go wrong

First things first, find a different word than "austerity" to describe the environment in which he was raised--the repeated use to open both your History and Personality sections remind me uncomfortably of Vizzini yelling "inconcievable". Okay, petty gripe out of the way, let's move on.

The backstory is simple, but disappointingly so. While it's kind of an interesting take on being a church-raised orphan to have him be raised Asmodean, there's not much done with it except just list off the steps of his training and give fluff to his traits.

Uk'Regash works fairly well as a guy who's out for himself, who hides behind the pursuit of order as an excuse for personal gain. But that's about all that gets told about him--that he's a jerk who wants to make it big, and he's moderately okay at hiding it. I don't get much out of this application besides the idea that whoever wrote it decided "I am going to play an Antipaladin and nobody's gonna stop me" and then back-built his way into it, piling excuse on excuse until he'd built something that looked like a character. Uk'Regash is greedy and vainglorious, but he doesn't have any specific ambitions. He doesn't want to get rich, he doesn't particularly want a position of power, he doesn't want to slay a powerful demon, he barely even wants to avenge his parents--and that last one could make for the core of a solid character. But apparently Uk'Regash, as he currently stands, has nothing underneath the veneer of ASMODEUS VULT.
>>
>>51815036
I'm surprised you didn't touch on his Nodachi.
>>
Can someone break down (or link to a breakdown) grappling as simply as possible for me? I saw a flowchart but I recall someone said it wasn't entirely correct.

Also: is there any case where you're denied a saving throw? Not counting the wording of the spell/whatever itself.
>>
>>51815027
1. Mercedes Drovenge
2. Valki Ommarra
3. Francisca Zilant
4. Rath Khulainn
5. Lisa Sterling
6. Soralis Lyso
7. Charlotte Renard
8. Haraa Windspire
9. Artemy Neizvestny Medvyed
10. Aaliya Al-Amin
11. Kline
12. Brihzwald (Buford)
13. Seth, Scion of Thassilon, Faithful of Lissala
14. Arme
15. Caitlin

We've made a dent in the list, at least.
>>
>>51815052
I've been playing and grappling for years and I'm still not convinced I, or anyone else I've ever met, actually understands it.
>>
>>51815050
I figured that would be a pretty petty quibble even for me--it's easy enough to imagine you could pick up a foreign sword from some market and get good with it.
>>
>>51814496
I ran a snake-man in a one-off game once. I don't recall what the game was, except that it reeked of fur (Only animal-humanoid abominations). I was bored though.
He was kind of like a hunter/shaman guy who could commune with nature spirits and shit. In more practical terms, he was kind of like a hippy/rouge. For the most part, I played him as a distant, critical type with a pragmatic approach to things.
He was far less colorful than the other three characters, but I'm not positive if it was because I unconsciously mad him subtle because he was a snake, or if everyone else just made their characters loudly because of their preferences, I dunno. I did actually make use of his snake body once to drop from a ledge and shank someone beneath me with a poisoned shortsword, then yank myself up. It was pretty cool-feeling.
>>
>>51815052
You make a Combat Maneuver check using any Grappling bonuses versus the opponent's Combat maneuver Defense.

If successful, you move into the enemy's square and you start a Grapple with them, a state where you have special rules concerning your intimacy.

At the beginning of your opponent's turn, he will have to spend his action resisting the grapple, rolling his own grapple maneuver against your CMD. If successful, he gains control over the grapple and can perform various actions, including leaving the grapple. If not, then he is limited in what he can do, i.e. shit outta luck.

Alternatively, your opponent could attack instead of resisting the grapple. Natural weapons and light weapons only.

On your next turn if you still have control over the grapple, you may make an attack with the same restrictions, or you can move to Pin. Roll your CMB vs CMD again, if you succeed your opponent becomes Pinned and becomes helpless.

TL:DR - your CMB vs their CMD as an action. Then they spend their action attempting to reverse it with their CMB vs. your CMD. Then on your turn, you can once again roll CMB or you can attempt another grapple action.

There are a variety of things you can do in a grapple, but functionally people usually only care about attacking with natural weapons (Any beastie) or advancing into a pin / resisting to break free.
>>
>>51815052
Step 1: Attempt the maneuver, do you have improved grapple? No AoO then. Dont have it? AoO and if it hits, the damage you took is deducted from your maneuver roll. Basically like trying to go for a takedown and getting kneed in the face during the attempt. If you pass the enemy is now grappled
Step 2: Choose from the list of options, everyone often goes for the pin (another maneuver roll). On the enemy turn he can either break from the grapple or take control of it.
Step 3: Enemy is now pinned and the next natural conclusion would be to roll maneuver again to turn the rape into a murder. Enemy does what he can to escape it or de escalate it to the grappled condition again.
Step 4: The enemy is now helpless, Feel free to hotdog his/her butt, steal their shoes or just shank them.

Feats often either grant bonuses, improves action economy or adds extra options.
>>
>>51815060
I understand it.

>>51815052
Okay so here's the deal.

Step one. The grapple. CMB vs CMD. Easy enough. On success, both people are considered Grappled, but you're in Control.

Then on their turn, they can do whatever things they can, or try to break out of it. If they break free, they can reverse it instead of just ending it, which puts them in Control.

If you're still in Control, then on your turn you need to Maintain the grapple with another grapple check. If you succeed, you can do one of the listed things. If you fail, they break free and the end of your turn. If you can maintain with multiple different actions (Like Greater Grapple) then you only need to succeed at one Maintain to keep them grappled.

Any questions?
>>
>>51815120
You don't move into your opponent's space. They get moved to a space adjacent to you. The move-into-space thing was 3.5 I think.
>>
>>51815053
Y'know, I actually started in on the other gestalt of Paladin and Bloodrager after DHB's guy, so I guess I'll finish him while I'm here.
>>
>>51815136
Basically 3.5 grappling was MMA where everyone rolled around the floor in a homoerotic manner. PF grappling is just two guys holding each other by the collar, sort of like an irish brawl.
>>
>>51814921
>DHB blatantly ripping off Devil Went Down to Georgia
What a piece of shit. At least we don't have to worry about an app like that getting picked.
>>
>>51815149
Rath Khulainn
NG male Angel-Blooded Aasimar Bloodrager|Paladin (Oathbound), Draconic Bloodline and Oath of Vengeance
Campaign Trait: Stolen Fury
>Enslaved as a child and grew up in Numeria
>When his owner realized he was an Aasimar, he started getting sold and re-sold all over the place to various kinds of masters/mistresses
>Eventually got bought by demon cultists, but something undefined went wrong and the ritual triggered babby's first bloodrage
>Another survivor (apparently it was a mass sacrifice?) said go north, young animu, and so they did, Rath raging all the way
>Got some major deja vu in Mendev, like he's just been to this place before, higher on the streets and he knows it's his time to go

The fact that he has amnesia (I don't care how feasible it is that he wouldn't remember his childhood, it's still functionally the same thing) weakens him as a character right out of the gate. Sure, he still has formative years, and yes, he still has people who technically raised and influenced him. But that's all vaguely glossed over.

Other than that the backstory is...okay. Escaped slave, got a lot of rage, that sort of thing, it works as an elevator pitch. And though I personally think it's kind of a cop-out to leave him with so few clues, having him looking for his family as a secondary goal is a decent idea.

Having him admit to being kinda stupid is okay, and having him be self-aware about it makes up for the possible problem of the player just using it to excuse bad behavior. It seems like it's written to be a weakness he's trying to overcome, or at least mitigate. But the big hole in his character is that he has little reason to go crusading besides "it's the right thing to do". You just got done spending your whole life taking orders--I know it might be realistic to be used to it, but Rath should probably have more of an accent on wanting to reclaim his past rather than just a vague idea of "maybe I'll get around to that later".
>>
>>51815225
I hope DHB gets picked just for the thread when it happens. He might be a faggot but he always gets good reactions.
>>
>>51815053
Do Francisca, Charlotte, and Seth!
>>
File: Lilibelle.png (51KB, 145x240px) Image search: [Google]
Lilibelle.png
51KB, 145x240px
>>51814496
reminder that fairies are the best
>>
>>51815340
I'll see what I can do for those nerds.
>>
>>51814727
Ask your GM and fellow players what they prefer. The opinion varies quite a bit from person to person.
>>
>>51814496
My GM keeps trying to offer lion-men, fox-folk, and recently a nagaji variant with a tail instead of legs to our resident furry.

Said furry has shut him down every time, just saying "Dude, I want to play something that isn't just an animal. How about you back it down a notch?"
>>
>>51815726
Does that qualify as sexual harassment?
>>
>>51815741
Nah, our GM is really against actually doing anything sexual--I think it's just a misguided attempt to do something nice.

Heart in the right place, but kinda pidgeonholing the dude.
>>
>>51815340
>>51815385
Fuck, gotta head off for the night. I'll handle those three in the morning.
>>
>>51814657
>>51814823
To newbies: please don't play summoners as your first class. When you're new, you are slow to play - that's normal. But as a summoner you are 3, 5, 10 times as slow and make that many times more bookkeeping for the game.

While we can't stop you from rolling a summoning class many people dislike them because it means your turns to many times longer.

Start with a different class. Please.
>>
File: wizard life.png (60KB, 1020x834px) Image search: [Google]
wizard life.png
60KB, 1020x834px
>>51815824
I agree, adding to this. if you do decide to go summoner, it is not just a courtesy but your *duty* to prepare your shit in advance. Every single possible summon for every conceivable situation should already be prewritten before the session happens. Just because you think you'll be fine with just a dire tiger doesnt mean that you wont ever need an earth elemental for fighting an enemy with earth glide.

For reference this is just part of a page in the autistic book keeping that is summoning.
>>
A backpack holds two cubic feet of items, but I have no idea how big items are.
>>
>>51815925
If you can imagine it all fitting in your backpack (lot of small items, maybe one or two big ones), assume it can. If not, buy a couple sacks.

That idea of "two cubic feet" is basically just there to prevent you from having infinite space in your backpack when that one player wants to have 5,000 spare weapons. Or when the GM asks how you plan to carry the enormous golden idol back to town.
>>
>>51815824
>>51815910
it's not my first class just the first class i've tried to put effort into optimizing i've played rogue and magus poorly before
database of all summonable creatures templates no more than a couple clicks away saved in the same neighborhood as mt character sheet
>>
>>51815925
>>51815934
Yeah, not even GMs who want to track details which are frequently hand-waved will ask you to detail the exact measurements of your backpack items with a diagram. So long as it's generally sane.

Also, to those who're familiar with both: what do you guys think of vanilla ranger vs. the spell-less ranger?
>>
I just did the sheet for Wrath of the Raunchy. Can you guys take a look at my sheet/application and let me know what can be improved?

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4509994/post-characters-here/?pageforid=4580527#post-4580527
>>
I want to take prankster archetype for my half-orc bard (don't ask me why). So I take Racial Heritage (Gnome) Feat, because I already count as human for purpose of prerequisites and now I'm human/orc/gnome motherfucker and can take gnome racial archetypes and feats. That would work and I'm not missing anything, am I?
>>
>>51816300
Nope, you're not missing anything. You have an incredibly strange family tree, but it's legal.
>>
>>51816400
It's not my fault that prankster and Threatening Illusion are gnome-only archetype. Little fuckers get so many cool things.
>>
File: 1469673556883.png (732KB, 895x850px) Image search: [Google]
1469673556883.png
732KB, 895x850px
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69792/a-very-deviant-game

Why hasn't /pfg/ flocked to this game yet?
>>
>>51816524
>https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69792/a-very-deviant-game
Because it's fucking nothing. No setting info, minimal character creation rules and very little info about the GM's writing style.
>>
>>51816524
Because there are like no appealing details at all and it seems to be 12 hours old tops maybe? Tiny number of characters, survival mode, not much setting or ideas, the only selling point seems to be the NSFW label.
>>
>>51816524
It turns out /pfg/ is more about cockteasing than cocks.
>>
>>51816524
I'm certain this would turn out like the one random Roll 20 game I joined, where the GM's idea of an encounter was 10 goblins in a featureless room.
>>
>>51816740
How did that turn out?
>>
File: IMG_1927.jpg (62KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1927.jpg
62KB, 650x650px
What's the best approach to diplomacy with hostile, powerhungry wizards?
>>
>>51816783
They were all clumped up so I Glitterdust'd them. The GM thought that was the most amazing shit for some reason. I bowed out right after that session.
>>
>>51816786
The best approach to diplomacy with a hostile and power-hungry wizard is to be a stronger wizard.
>>
Any way to take Evangelist or Sentinel Deific obedience boons without taking levels in the PrCs?
>>
>>51816837
We have a wizard, witch, and. Medic, all of nearly comparable power on their own. I'd just prefer avoiding a scuffle that could get someone hurt, even if our victory is quite likely.
>>
File: 1479757106406.jpg (155KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479757106406.jpg
155KB, 800x800px
Chaotic evil? More like CUTEotic evil.
>>
>>51816873
>Medic

Should be Cleric
>>
File: Evil DM.png (34KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
Evil DM.png
34KB, 128x128px
>>51816877
I don't know how well CE would work as a PC, but I've made some actually kind of interesting CE NPC's. Not all villains, even.
>>
How creepy can be a wheezing laugher if it comes from a tiefling female slayer?
>>
>>51816873
Then you're best chances are to offer him something he doesn't have access too. Besides, if he's like any real wizard, he'd hopefully appreciate the chance to talk shop with a peer in the first place.
>>
File: Wiseau-2-630x430.jpg (39KB, 630x430px) Image search: [Google]
Wiseau-2-630x430.jpg
39KB, 630x430px
>>51814496
I played a vishkanya vivisectionist once. He was a cross between Tommy Wiseau, and Pin Head from Hellraiser.
>>
File: 60096232_p0.png (992KB, 1003x1416px) Image search: [Google]
60096232_p0.png
992KB, 1003x1416px
>>51816877
Flandre is more CN or TN. She's just incapable of wielding her immense destructive power safely.

Now, Assassin of Black, she is both chaotic evil and insane, which is a rare combination. Most insane people fall under chaotic neutral.

And she's cute.
>>
>>51817010
How is she evil
>>
>>51814496
New to pathfinder and in my friends campaign

How viable would a dex/wis inquisitor/gunslinger be? thinking of 15 in inquisitor, 5 in gunslinger.

Would it work? and what should i take feat wise? Trying to do rapier pistol.
>>
>>51817080
Your friend is starting at level 20?
>>
>>51817080
Just be a regular inquisitor20 with a bow.
>>
File: Hot bison.jpg (293KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hot bison.jpg
293KB, 1920x1080px
>>51816913
There's a female soldier you can get in MGSV. Flaming Buffalo. She wheezes really loudly when damaged or sprinting.

It's really disturbing when you use her to wipe out large groups of people.
>>
>>51817049
>How is JACK THE FUCKING RIPPER evil?
Take a wild guess.
>>
>>51817105
>>51817108

No level 1, slow grow campaign, perma deaths.

Probably gonna hate me, but my logic was to take 2 bandoleers, and the beneficial bandoleer since its considered a belt, with like 8 pistols strapped to it with quick draw, loaded with various ammo types to deal with what ever we came up on.
>>
>>51817145
Sounds expensive.
>>
>>51817153
Eh, bandoleer is only like 5 gold, and the beneficial is like 1000 but this is far down the line.

From waht i have read, one way to make the inquisitor pretty good is to utilize your bane, and judgment destruction.
>>
>>51817080
>>51817145
Well shit, son. Starting in rusty dagger shank town and slow level growth is gonna be maddening for attempting long-term builds. That 5-level dip just to get Dex-to-damage on a single gun is going to take an eternity, especially if combat may be rare and/or the GM is stingy with exp.

As far as your concept goes, you're not gonna afford that anytime soon, especially with slow growth. If you're hellbent on getting dex-to-damage on a single gun I'd recommend a dip in Trench Fighter instead. Trench Fighter is a Fighter archetype that gets Gun Training at Lv.3 instead of 5, and since Inquisitor is a bit feat starved, Fighters bonus feats might help. However, a general rule of thumb in Pathfinder is to not dilute your casting, so it may just be wise to simply go pure Inquisitor.
>>
>>51817142
Iono she cute and confused and adorabubbles
>>
>>51817181
Yeah i was not gonna try to rush gunslinger off the bat. i was going to build primary inquisitor to get the judgments, bane, and the group support abilities, since it seems that none combat abilities are going to be just as important as combat abilities. My guy has a lot of knowledge so.
>>
>>51817003
You are a fucking monster and the reason why serial killers check under the bed every night.
>>
>>51814496
What's a good Beastform for a third level Beastmorph Alchemist?
If you had spell casting levels, can you still use that?
Let's say I turned into a goblin, my character would become greenish, get longer fangs, +2 dex (on top of the +4 dex) and gain darkvision 60? (ontop of my Darkvision because I am, let's say a Tiefling?)
>>
>>51817145
Why not just that magic quiver that lets you draw any ammo?

Also if its an adversarial gm, go nature domain and monster tactician archetype.
>>
>>51817405
Im thinking thats really going to benefit the group, if im a character that can just pull out all the info on monsters and nature.
>>
>>51814805
Basically take every special rule you made for berskerk game and flush them down the goddamn toilet.

Either use 3pp or don't, but don't restrict it to one guy, don't make everyone start at different levels, don't make one character strictly better than the others because MUH MAIN CHARACTER etc.
>>
>>51814108
Thanks for the criticism. I'll polish it up some more and turn it into an A+.

Also, thanks to the other anon who gave me good constructive criticism last week.

>>51814185
> but my heart threw up looking at an Azata-Blooded Femboy Warlord/Vigilante and his character sheet.

The actual sheet is a mess and I am still trying to make a decent build. I'm terrible at optimizing.

I'm not sure exactly why you hate the concept, but I promise you Lucius will not be a kawaii uggu anime trap nor will I be preaching politics. How I can make Lucius more palatable to people who dislike that kind of character?
>>
File: 204420.png (743KB, 701x907px) Image search: [Google]
204420.png
743KB, 701x907px
One word: Starjammer
>>
Artemy's player here. Looking for criticism beyond 'bland', really.

I think part of the reason is that I didn't want to nail down the campaign trait until I had an idea of likely party makeup in order to coordinate stuff or avoid overlap
>>
>>51817508
Not that guy and it doesn't particularly bother me (at least it doesn't bother me any more than 'bullying victim' as his role in the party), but what does aasimar do for his backstory in particular that being a human wouldn't? I skimmed, admittedly, but it doesn't seem like there's any non-mechanical justification.
>>
>>51817562
Is your entire backstory dependent on a backstory trait?
>>
>>51817508
People don't realize this often, but young boys often wore dresses in the middle ages. The wealthier you were, the more likely that your son wore a dress before the age of eleven, and sometimes even past then.

Femboy nobility was real.
>>
>>51817585
Er, a campaign trait.
>>
>>51817585

Not at all. But I did want someone with a rather quiet life prior to the crusades. But if that is going to likely hurt my chances of getting in due to being bland, I'd like to revise it, which is why I want to hear criticism.
>>
>>51817589

Yeah, but that was because they were likely to shit themselves getting in and out of breeches.

Are traps incont----oh god they're forced to wear dresses because of their loose assholes from getting fucked. This is tragedy.
>>
>>51817623
Lemme take a look...

I guess my biggest problem is that there's no real conflict or drive in it. It's basically just 'guy makes a lot of friends out of people who look down on and despise him because he's just that cheerful, then goes on a crusade because daddy says so with no argument or bitterness'.
>>
>>51817530
Alright.
>>
>>51817574
Being an azata-blooded aasimar is what makes him good and gives him his desire for freedom despite his upbringing. It also makes his appearance more believable. His mysterious father would be the one his azata blood comes from, and I left that open potentially for the GM to use for a plot hook. Maybe I'll explore that more in his background.
>>
>>51817508
Make him wear very tight short shorts!
>>
>>51817805
Yeah those three things aren't racelocked; humans can be good, want freedom, and be trappy - I'd say expand on it if you're highly invested in the race (and or tell people like me to go fuck ourselves, it is your character).

I really do like the underlying concept though. Just wish it wasn't next to PLS BULLY MY CHARACTER.
>>
File: power armor.jpg (53KB, 638x825px) Image search: [Google]
power armor.jpg
53KB, 638x825px
>>51817530
The problems I have with that book are fairly obvious to anybody that has familiarity with tabletop games.

Starjammer decides to go the route of Pathfinder in space, right? The problem, of course, is that it doesn't particularly deviate from Pathfinder, and while that means it's cross compatible, that also means it runs on the same shitty weapons rules, which just don't work for a space opera or Sci Fi setting. the crafting of technological equipment, and the stats it has, are almost always unwerwhelming compared to more standard mundane or enchanted gear.

The other problem is that they clearly love Warhammer 40k too much. There's even an archetype that's basically a space marine and they got tired of filing the serial number off halfway through.

It's slapdash and terribly written. Maybe that's changed since I got a pre-release copy, but it was overall just an absolute mess the whole way through when I looked at it. Starfinder at least seems to be making an effort to differentiate itself and change its efforts to focus on the setting its portraying, rather than attempting to pigeonhole Pathfinder into sci fi.
>>
>>51817508

I don't think you can, unless you really play up the knight thing and lose the magical girl/trap aesthetic and go full NEVER LEAVES THEIR ARMOR mode as Irina
>>
>>51817508
The bullying victim bit might strike most players as you dictating how they should interact with him.

Emphasis on 'might' though, so thats food for thought.
>>
>>51818028
>>51817574
>>51817872
Fixed! This is why I shouldn't laugh at my own jokes.

>>51817889
That would kind of neuter my character for a lewd game but it's definitely worth considering if making a cross-dressing vigilante hurts my chances.

Thanks for the input. Criticism is appreciated.
>>
Is it true this game was made by a bunch of dorks who wanted to play with their rehensible kinks and views on women behind a bland veneer of social justice?
>>
>>51818478
Does the Pope shit in the woods?
>>
>>51817589

Are you honestly applying modern western perceptions on gender and gender norms on another culture?
>>
File: 1475375269683.png (168KB, 407x379px) Image search: [Google]
1475375269683.png
168KB, 407x379px
>start of new campaign
>super excited
>build offensive casting druid
>show up to game
>person who was supposed to play our healer didn't show
>nobody wants to play a cleric and i'm the only other class that can cast heals
>everyone looks at me
>DM: ''hey man you should respec your spells and feats to play a healer''
>5th time in a row I have had to play the healer

I fucking hate this game sometimes
>>
>>51818574

Heals aren't necessary when you're a T-Rex riding atop a larger T-Rex casting spells.
>>
File: 848.jpg (331KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
848.jpg
331KB, 1200x800px
>>51818574
>playing with people who think parties need a "healer"
>>
Why is it that in every game I play in featuring a vigilante, that they are this immersion-breaking capeshit or mahou shojou eyesore in the middle of a bunch of relatively normal people?
>>
>>51818604
>a bunch of relatively normal people
Sounds like you're playing adventurers wrong.
>>
File: Map_of_Minkai.jpg (205KB, 547x758px) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_Minkai.jpg
205KB, 547x758px
>>51814809
>you can't be sure that all these places aren't just like a couple blocks down the street from each other or something.

Once, when I had a flash of severe autism, I decided to look up the scale of Minkai and compare it to the rest of Avistan.

You know what I discovered? Not!Japan, the Empire of Minkai, the land that Ameiko is destined to rule, is at it's thinnest as wide as Taldor is long, and lengthwise is equal to the entire Inner Sea.

All of it populated. All of it settled and developed.
>>
>>51818604
Because dual identity makes people go full retard when handling an otherwise reasonable class. This goes for DMs as well as players.
>>
>>51818642

Gandalf, Frodo, Aragorn, and BATMAN.

This is the problem.
>>
>>51818508

N-No?
>>
>>51818669
How do you know, fucker? You the Pope's bodyguard? Didn't fucking think so.
>>
>>51818644

>Likely have access to boundless natural resources
>Cultivated a society built around extreme material frugality

I don't think Paizo knows how people work!
>>
>>51818574
fuckem, if they want healing/support then they can play healing/support. Anyone who wants a cleric in the party and dosnt play a cleric has no right to bitch. And even then on a more generall note, most people dont like being forced into a role and it can make the game unfun super quick. Honestly, I found healer less parties a bit more fun just because you get more of a dangerous feel.
>>
>>51818574
>Respec your spells
Acceptable, you're a druid, you can switch it to whatever
>Respec your feats
Tell them to fuck off, you can already heal fine without specializing that hard
>>
Names are hard. Names that are in some non-human racial language are extra hard.
>>
File: Trish.png (1MB, 881x1928px) Image search: [Google]
Trish.png
1MB, 881x1928px
>>51818772
>go healer less party
>DM has to make a DMPC healer bot
Or... Or... They could go the Trish route...
>>
>>51818939

Explain.
>>
Does the Living Grimoir Inquisitor archetype stack with any other archetypes?
>>
>>51819115

Preacher
>>
>>51819128
Preacher is a bretty gud
>>
>>51818963
How would one go the Trish route in pathfinder. Inquisitive minds must know.
>>
>>51817080
If you have to ask whether it's good or viable, multiclassing is a bad idea. Paizo hates multiclassing, and it usually only works well if you know EXACTLY what you're doing. And that goes double for casters.
>>
>>51819176
Cleric of Abadar who managed to get her hands on a magical healing pool artifact that can teleport who JUST happens to be scrying the party day and night.
>>
What trait goes well or makes sense to combine with Study of Philosophy.
>>
File: 1364962740062.gif (768KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
1364962740062.gif
768KB, 500x340px
>>51819060
I'm playing in a Reign of Winter campaign where the DM is having us gestalt using DSP' monster classes and a normal class. I'm going to be playing a True Dragon//Paladin, and have been trying to figure out what and how I'm going to name my character. I've been doing a surprising amount of research to learn about draconic naming conventions and near as I can tell most dragons like to give themselves descriptive names that mean something in Draconic (but which of course get translated into phonetically-equivalent gibberish for the name your average Common-speaker would use).

I found a mini dictionary of Draconic-to-Common so I'm kind of just looking up Draconic words and thinking "So what would this dragon name itself...?" I think, in my character's backstory, she would probably have refused other people the opportunity to name her even as she goes for the first few months of her life trying to come up with what she feels is a fitting name. Some kind of event in her backstory should be what gives her the idea for what she wants to name herself, I think, so I'm thinking up what major events her short lifespan might involve so far.

The idea I'm leaning towards now is "Vivexathurnkear" (or Vivex for short because fuck making myself and the other players have to type that mess every time) which would be loosely translated as "Victory Against the Night", which is much a name as it is a promise to herself. That's a silly and pompous thing to name yourself, of course, but I think that might be exactly how a dragon would name itself.

Basically, I normally just throw letters around until I get something that feels "right" for a character or wait until I get a sudden idea out of the blue that sounds like a perfect name, but this time I'm not and it's the most work I think I've ever put into just naming a PC before.
>>
>>51819394
I like it. Vivex is a nice name. I think you should go with it.
>>
>>51818574
Can't you just get a wand of CLW and say "ill heal between fights so you are topped up".
>>
>>51819394
>DSP monster classes
Ugh, Rite does them much better (EXCEPT IN THE COMPANY OF ANGELS THAT IS TRASH), though DSP has a larger range. Whats his plan for when you guys go beyond the level your monster class can get to?
>>
>>51819394
>>51819524
Indeed, Vivex is a nice name.
Or you could shorten it more as Vehx
>>
File: all yo yens.jpg (616KB, 701x1000px) Image search: [Google]
all yo yens.jpg
616KB, 701x1000px
>>51819176
You can fluff it however you want but the basic is a door that can appear in any dungeon-like location that leads to Trish's Spring, an extradimensional pocket space. There, for a large sum of money, she'll cure all your wounds.

Alternatively, you can have her be a traveling Cleric who heals anyone she comes across for a hefty fee. Make it a random-ish encounter any time they are in an area with enemies to be fought.

Alternatively alternatively, she can be a stationary healer who's in some static location the PCs have access to between dungeon crawls. She heals them upon return, for a cut of the moolah.
>>
>>51819524
Good to know! A second opinion is always nice to have. I'd just bounce ideas off the other player or the DM, but neither of them are online right now.

>>51819587
He never actually said we could only use DSP's monster classes, but I didn't know Rite also made them. I knew from the start I was going to be using True Dragon, so I never actually looked through at other options. The other PCs will be a succubus and a winter wolf.

>Whats his plan for when you guys go beyond the level your monster class can get to?

Start taking levels in a second non-monster class alongside the first one we picked. IIRC, the Succubus' player was thinking of taking Monk levels after finishing the monster class, alongside a Sorcerer or Oracle gestalt.

True Dragon goes a full 20 levels though, so that won't come up for my character. Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't even look at other options besides True Dragon, so I didn't even realize that it was the only monster class that gets spread out over 20 levels.

>>51819593
I think you're referencing something, but it's a reference that's lost on me. Sorry!
>>
File: demon lady Seraptis.png (214KB, 487x592px) Image search: [Google]
demon lady Seraptis.png
214KB, 487x592px
Anyone have a Seraptis render without the background? I wanted to use in on Roll20 as an npc.
>>
File: 1289850907979.jpg (173KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1289850907979.jpg
173KB, 800x1131px
Gentlemen, I am going to be running an Epic 7 game at some point in the near future about a group of people starting a mercenary company. Initially they'll just be four level 3 guys and a wealthy patron who will be handling start up costs and also handling whatever macro-management that the players don't want to deal with. The idea is that it's going to be a little goofy, somewhat in the vein of the sillier moments of Peace Walker and MGS 5.

While I real like the idea conceptually I'm looking for some inspiration on the kind of shenanigans a group of low level mercenaries to get embroiled in. What's the best country for them to start in? I'm not all that well versed in the Golarion setting at large.
>>
>>51819858
Isger mercenaries working for a chelish boss.
>>
Simple question, does a Familiar from a different source stack with Arcane Bond from Wizard?

Particularly, the Alchemist discovery, Tumor Familiar. Does that mean you can have both a familiar and a bonded object?
>>
>>51819959
No
>>
>>51819968
Can your familiar have a familiar?
>>
>>51820038
No
>>
>>51820051
What about Serpentine Bloodline?
>>
>>51820082
No
>>
>>51820125
Is there no way to have both?
>>
>>51820139
Why do you need both?
>>
>>51820082
>>51819959
No, and here's why. You can't have a familiar AND a bonded item because that would mean having the same class feature (Arcane Bond) twice and you can't have a class feature twice. It's the same way you can't take a level in Sorcerer and pick one Bloodline, then "multiclass" into Sorcerer so you can gain a second bloodline.

And the reason you can't have two familiars by getting familiars from two different classes is that classes that grant familiar progression stack, as described in the familiar rules: "Levels of different classes that are entitled to familiars stack for the purpose of determining any familiar abilities that depend on the master’s level."
>>
>>51819737
Well imo "In the Company Of Dragons" is better for being a dragon, though if you just want bestiary accuracy with no regard for balance, cool shit or customization I'm sure the DSP one is fine and considering in a gestalt game the cool shit and customization comes from the class combo plus balance is already wonky it sounds like all the downsides are mitigated or gone.
>>
>>51820173
Would be nice.
>>
>>51820193
Well, it's not the same class feature. It's a discovery.
>>
>>51820193
...Except anon, some sources of Familiars don't count as Arcane Bond.
>>
>>51819907
Is there anything about Isger in particular that makes it a good starting point?
>>
>>51820199
When I read the playtest of rite's dragon book it was PRETTY BAD, like 'give up all your class features to still be shit at level 20' bad.

On the other hand, I have not read DSP's version, but their ghost and succubus classes are ridiculous the other way.
>>
File: seraptis.png (247KB, 487x592px) Image search: [Google]
seraptis.png
247KB, 487x592px
>>51819856
I'll make you one right now anon.
>>
>>51820199
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree about the balance being wonky and possibly a lost-cause for this game. It's good to know there's an alternative to DSP's True Dragon, I guess, but this is the book the DM gave me when we were talking about the idea so he probably either doesn't like or doesn't have In the Company of Dragons. But if for whatever reason True Dragon doesn't work out, I'll suggest that book to him as something we might try retroactively changing my character to use.

>>51820316
For DSP's True Dragon class, you start as a hatchling and advance an age category at 3rd and every three levels after. You gain the same abilities a dragon of your type would gain at roughly the same level you reach the age category where a normal dragon would gain that ability. Aside from a scaling natural armor bonus and some (a lot) of ability score bonuses, all of the other class features work like this, you basically gain what a dragon would have at a level based on the age category the dragon would gain it. DR/Magic, flight speed increases, size category increases, natural weapons, etc... They spread the features out a little bit though, so it's not just gaining a bunch of stuff every 3 levels and nothing on the other levels.
>>
>>51820306
Fuck it, this will not get anywhere. Just read the campaign setting book from cover to cover.
>>
File: 4b5.png (412KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
4b5.png
412KB, 680x453px
How do I optimize for dirty trickery? 1pp only.
>>
>>51819394

Ooh, you're playing the Solar dragon right? Give her a long incomprehensible dragon name but call her Sunshine (or Sunny) for short!
>>
If you're a Tiefling with claws, do you get 2 additional attacks from Feral Mutagen?
>>
>>51820463
Heirloom weapon trait, improved/greater dirty trick whenever you get access to it, and probably some rogue talents too.
>>
File: pfg campaign characters.png (206KB, 684x900px) Image search: [Google]
pfg campaign characters.png
206KB, 684x900px
>mfw fluffy 2
>>
>>51820505
"Son, I'm leaving my mace to you. I named her Gonad Grinder. If you ever find yourself in trouble, just mash up your enemies balls. She'll never let you down."
>>
>>51820434
I don't get the problem, I read the stuff on Isger but I'm just not seeing the appeal of it over any other location. I just assumed there was a reason for suggesting it that I'm not seeing.
>>
>>51820491
As far as I know, there is no rule saying you don't, but I think RAI is that you don't. My GM said there's no rule limiting it, so go for it. I'm still gonna hold off, because 19 attacks, all carrying 5d6 elemental damage, is pretty crazy even with our AV homebrew rules cutting into weapon damage massively.
>>
>>51820542
I fluffed my character's heirloom weapon as being a blade that was curved in such a way as to better and more accurately reflect light. She uses it to put the blind condition on opponents.
>>
>>51820491
Can only make one natural attack per round with each limb, I believe.
>>
>>51820463

Kitsune Style?
>>
>>51820572
How are all of them carrying 5d6 elemental damage?
>>
File: 1244854189631.jpg (53KB, 364x380px) Image search: [Google]
1244854189631.jpg
53KB, 364x380px
>>51820542
>son
>not "daughter"
>>
>>51820474
That's right! I don't think she would willingly suggest somebody call her Sunshine or Sunny, but I like the idea of it being an affectionate nickname her friends use for her even if it annoys her. It's easier to remember and pronounce than the pompous Draconic name she picked out for herself, after all.
>>
>>51820549

They're basically the butt boys of Cheliax, little more than a glorified trade route that had been devastated by the Goblinblood Wars.

>>51820542

>Not naming the mace after the man's wife
>I named her Martha, after my wife. She's a ball-smashing bitch of which there's no escape, she'll always know the way to emasculating your enemies.
>>
>>51820463
Super Dirty Trick Build:

Base Dirty Trick Stuff:
>Improved Dirty Trick
>Greater Dirty Trick
>Dirty Trick Master
>Quick Dirty Trick

Dirty Trick Styles:
>Kitsune Style
>Kitsune Tricks
>Kitsune Vengance
>Cloak & Dagger Style
>Cloak & Dagger Subterfuge
>Cloak & Dagger Tactics

Feats to get Styles:
>Weapon Style Mastery
>Dirty Fighting
>Weapon Focus
>Vital Strike
>Improved Steal (so C&D Subterfuge doesn't provike AoO)

Base Feats:
>Weapon Finesse
>Piranha Strike
>Two Weapon Fighting
>Improved Two Weapon Fighting
>Greater Two Weapon Fighting
>Combat Reflexes
>Combat Stamina

Feats: 22

A Human Fighter gets 22 feats, so this fully comes to fruition at level 20.

On the plus side whenever an enemy provokes an AoO they become Dazed and Nauseated for 1d4 rounds, plus something they're holding gets stolen. The build gets free Dirty Tricks whenever one would normally get sneak attack dice. It can replace any number of attacks in a full attack with dirty tricks using combat stamina. It can upgrade dirty trick to debilitating things (like nauseated & dazed). Plus a bunch of other dirty trick stuff.
>>
>>51820668
>The build gets free Dirty Tricks whenever one would normally get sneak attack dice

>Level 20 human fighter
>Sneak attack dice

Explain.
>>
>>51820615
We've got a Spell Warrior Skald that can slap +4 enhancement bonus or +4 worth of weapon special abilities. We ruled Corrosive be added to their list because why isn't it already there when Flaming, Frost, and Shocking are. Rage Power that adds 1d6 additional elemental damage for 5d6 elemental per hit, and burning a Swift to bump it to 6d6 if we need to. It's a bit limiting, since only one person can get the +4, but it's a silly theorybuild to see what could be made to synergize with other party members.
>>
>>51820704
It doesn't replace sneak attack dice but if you qualify to make a sneak attack you get a free dirty trick. So basically if you're flanking or an enemy is flat footed you get a free dirty trick.
>>
>>51820704
You don't need to have sneak attack to have an ability that activates on the same conditions as sneak attack
>>
File: CommitSodoku.jpg (98KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
CommitSodoku.jpg
98KB, 480x270px
>>51820668
>Why Feat Tax Reduction Rules Should Exist for Martials: The Post
>>
>>51820316
What? For the archetype yeah its kinda shit unless you are playing a caster, but the racial class itself is amazing.
>>
>>51820756
A reduction to 18 necessary feats is nice, though it's still tough. Not needing Vital Strike would also be stellar
>>
>>51820756
Most feat tax rules would cut out 4-5 feats from the build and broaden two of the feats.
>>
>>51820726
And you can add that to natural weapons? Damn.
>>
>>51814496
I played a Lamia Wizard in a Council of Thieves campaign. She had pretty blue robes with stars sewn into them, like a pretty stereotypical wizard. Black hair, olive-skin, and a king-cobra tail.

I had built it with 10 race points, so I didn't have much room for too many things, like venom. So I had a once-per day hypnotize ability, monstrous humanoid, and a -2, +2, +2 Ability setup. Mechanically the tail meant she was just immune to trip.

For the most part I played as an indian foreigner, and just a useful batman wizard. I was also a "Liscensed Necromancer", which was a campaign thing. So I had a retinue of Skeletons with tower shields and javelins that served as meatshields and portable cover for me and anyone who wanted to use it.
>>
>>51820808
>>51820805
What really needs to happen is to be able to get a feat that automatically progresses all of your feat chains.
>>
>>51820889
>a feat to make other feats work

No, that should just be something that happens automatically
>>
>>51820531
Why is it everytime I read this guy's comics, I just want to punch him even more?
>>
>>51820950
He has two kids and is rapidly slipping into madness.
>>
>>51820668
Is there any reason to take Kistune Vengeance? Cloak and Dagger Subterfuge already lets you make a free Dirty Trick maneuver on top of an AoO instead of replacing the AoO for a Dirty Trick.
>>
>>51820817
Yeah, the weapon song says weapons. Nothing about manufactured or natural. This all depends on a few things that aren't clearly defined, though. The bardic feats Master Performer and Grand Master Performer, when taken by a Skald affects the Raging Song, and Weapon Song replaces Raging Song. If you allow the feats to be taken, they'd have to increase the maximum enhancement you can apply to a weapon, but some people are shaky on if that is allowed. If it IS allowed to work like that, the Spell Warrior can give each member of the party +4 enhancement bonus equivalent special abilities, which is good as hell to me. My GM made some armor as DR rules, so lots of natural attacks probably wouldn't even penetrate DR (I know this because a monster unloaded like, 8 attacks on my "tank" character and dealt 2 damage), so having loads of attacks with a Spell Warrior becomes hilarious if your opponent doesn't have natural resistances to each element. Even if they block 3 of them, you're still getting 18d6, possibly 36d6 through.

So, it's highly dependent on a few factors, but it makes me laugh either way. Ask your GM about the natural attacks thing.
>>
>Crusader Kings 2 is an excellent tool to craft characters, campaigns and kingdoms in Pathfinder
>Paradox releases Stellaris, a sci-fi grand strategy game
>Paizo announces Startinder, a sci-fi TTRPG

THEY
JUST
KNOW
>>
>>51821078
It's so you get two dirty tricks on an AoO which lets you blind and nauseate them on an AoO because your dirty tricks inflict two effects. So it's a total of 4 triggers. 2 to apply sickened and dazzled and two to upgrade those to nauseated and blinded.
>>
>>51821113
Remember, in space no one can hear you commit incest.
>>
>>51821084
Also, depending on how your GM interprets it, Master Performer and Grand Master Performer could influence Rage Powers, since they could be considered bonuses provided by your song.
>>
>>51821113
I haven't played Crusader Kings 2 but I can definitely tell you that Stellaris is a shit tool to craft your star empires in. Characters, even more so.

If that's Paizo's plan, it's a bad one.
>>
>>51814496
>alafia

But they have legs.
>>
>>51821126
Ah, nice, nice.
>>
File: fuck yeah ken.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
fuck yeah ken.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>51820344
Anon, you are amazing and I thank you!
>>
>>51820668
>2 styles
>20 fighter
Great build famalam
>>
>>51814496
Actually homebrewed a race with multiple alternate racial traits to represent different environments and hunting strategies, and was allowed to play a constrictor. I didn't make her particularly cute, though. It was fun as hell, but the campaign shat the bed, so I only got to play her for like, 4 sessions.
>>
So, randomly found out that Zursvaater has a deific obedience and boons statted during a small supplement. Any other minor deities that have these?
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/DeityDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Zursvaater
>>
>>51821317
>Immerse yourself in lava or a roaring flame for one hour.
Pretty hardcore.
>>
>>51821167

I know, I own both of the games too.

I can still see how you'd use Stellaris to craft nations though.
>>
>>51821347
Zursvaater don't want casuals to worship him.
>>
>>51821317
Damn, those Sentinel boons are pretty good.
>>
>>51821317

Sentinel Boons are incredible for a martial.
>>
>>51821347
Iirc having at least one point of fire resistance makes you immune to lava damage
>>51821392
>>51821393
Yeap, planning to do a Mystic 14/Animus Adept 5/Sentinel 1 build to just deal ALL THE FIRE DAMAGE.
>>
>>51821406
You do remember correctly, and I still think it's fucking retarded.
>>
>>51821272
So, what game is it for anon?
>>
>>51821347
>enchant an everlasting flame to go "aaaaaaaa"
>???
>deific boon
>>
>>51821406
Where are you going to get enough lava to immerse yourself in for an hour though?
>>
>>51821453

You don't have a volcano lair?
>>
>>51821465
No, I foolishly based my lair in some tainted ruins in the depths of the wild country!
>>
>>51821453

When you dig deep enough, sometimes you find lava tubes to power your magma furnaces.

Sadly, these are often close to cotton candy, which everyone wants to eat until you break into the circus and alert all the clowns to your presence, and all *they* want to do is have Fun.
>>
>>51821453
By buying an Altar of Zursvaater and carrying it around in a wagon.
>>
>>51821486

Ugh. Real estate people were always going on about tainted ruins, when everyone and their mother knew it was a fad that wouldn't last two centuries.
>>
So folks, I'm tempted to make an archetype for the Psychic focused around Implements, and am thinking about how to balance it.

Lose: Pretty much all their class features, except for maybe the Phrenic Pool?

Gain: Occultist-style spell learning. 1 Implement at 1/3/7/11/15/19, they /don't/ gain the base focus powers or the resonant powers. Use the Phrenic Pool as their Mental Focus pool. Allow the Psychic to "attune" to two of his implements at a time, limiting him to the spells he learned from those two implements. Allow the Psychic to learn Focus Powers instead of Phrenic Amplifications. However, allow them to more easily shift mental focus around (i.e one minute, no loss of mental focus for shifting it around).

Any thoughts on this, /pfg/? I'm kind of itching for a class that can do 9-level casting and learns spells like an occultist.
>>
>>51821502
This is a Dwarf Fortress reference, isn't it?
>>
>>51821420
What's this about lava damage immunity? I've not heard of this.
>>
>>51821453
It DOES say "lava or a roaring flame"

So if your fire resistance is higher than the damage from the flames, you could just put yourself over a barbecue pit I guess.

>>51821557

Yes, yes, very much so. Cotton candy is adamantium, a very rare material. The circus is Hell, the clowns are demons, and the Fun is wanting to... well, what do you think demons do for fun?
>>
>>51821573
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/environment/environmental-rules/#Lava
> Immunity or resistance to fire serves as an immunity to lava or magma.
>>
File: femal knight fat wife.png (276KB, 517x590px) Image search: [Google]
femal knight fat wife.png
276KB, 517x590px
>>51821441
Just a tourney side-story I'm GMing so my players can test some new character builds, the Seraptis, Armistice, is the former daughter of an old PC I had, and she's the top champion of the female bracket in the tournament.
>>
>>51821573
>>51821600
Wow, yeah. I just found that. Odd, since they don't say fire resistance gives immunity to the damage from breathing air near lava, which would deal damage. How are you immune to lava, but not to the heat near the lava?
>>
>>51821586
>demons
>hell
>>
>>51821600
I feel like this is intended to mean that lava and magma count is fire for the purposes of resisting damage, but as written, yeah, any fire resistance gives you magma immunity.
>>
>>51821634

This is Dwarf Fortress, not Golarion.
>>
>>51821586

>Dwarf Fortress has five quality levels for items, armor and weapons
>Pathfinder only has one

JUST
>>
>>51821628
There's also no mention of immunity to boiling water, so immersing yourself in boiling water would do more damage to you than immersing yourself in fucking lava.
>>
>>51821113
Could you tell me why Crusader Kings 2 would be useful in that regard?
>>
>>51821699

To be fair, Dorf Fortress is patently batshit fucking loco.
>>
>>51821634
Most media doesn't make the pointless distinction between demons and devils that Pathfinder does.
>>
>>51821750
>that Pathfinder does.
That D&D does for that matter.
>>
>>51821291
He asked for a dirty trick build I have him a dirty trick build.
>>
Are there any traits/feats that give me Cha to Knowledge skills?

Making a Heavens Oracle for a campaign where the DM is allowing all first party content and all DSP content.
>>
>>51821810
I believe there's an Oracle archetype which lets you take some stuff from Shaman; there's a Lore ability which gives you Cha to knowledge skills.
>>
>>51821739

The game creates individual characters with traits, proficiencies, goals and ambitions. You could find a cowardly lecher who's incredible at taxes and desires a wife, or a strong, tall warrior-woman who's secretly a possessed lunatic lesbian and wants to become Commander of the king's forces. I'd post screenshots if I wasn't phoneposting.

Furthermore, it's pretty doggone easy to file off the serial numbers of, say, the Byzantine Empire and write a setting around the epic saga of an ancient empire made resurgent under new leadership, assaulting the decentralized and insular hordes that have conquered their old lands while, to the west, rival petty kingdoms scramble to unify under an ambitious Not!Serbian king so that said ancient empire's eyes do not turn to them once the heartlands are reconquered.
>>
>>51821837
...interesting.

While speculating on how it could be used (I'm pretty unfamiliar with it) one idea did occur to me- can you set up a situation in-game then just have it play itself out for twenty or so years, giving you lots of material to replicate in your campaign? Plots, schemes, marriages etc?
>>
>>51821896

Of course, what you do is find a specific region of the map most analogous to your campaign, enter the command prompt (which is done by hitting ~), and then typing in "observe".

And then all you need to do is watch.
>>
>>51821810
Spirit Guide oracle can poach it from the Shaman Lore spirit
>>
>>51821699
Having five levels of quality for something's physical construction is hardly indicative of DF's madness.
>>
>>51821972

No no, I'm saying Pathfinder should have MORE.

All we've got right now is "it kinda works" and "this thing is a masterwork holy SHIT."
>>
>>51815767
>>51815340
Is it morning yet?
>>
>>51821982
D20 Black Company has rules for better than masterwork items. I'd post screencaps, but I'm feeling lazy.
>>
>>51822005
>D20 Black Company
I am EXTREMELY interested. How do they handle magic?
>>
>>51821788
You gave him one that doesn't work. You can't use multiple styles unless you something like Master of Many Styles Monk, in which case you're a Fighter 18/Monk 2.
>>
>>51822031
Cloak and Dagger's a weapon combat style. There's a thing to be able to use one of them and another style.
>>
>>51821724
>>51821647
I'd probably rule it that if your fire resistance is equal to or greater than the average damage dealt by the dice, then you won't take any damage from it.
>>
>>51822031
No that's what the weapon style mastery feat does, it lets you use a weapon style (cloak and dagger) at the same time as a non-weapon style (kitsune). Good job dumbass.
>>
Is adding Keen to a rapier worth much more than a +1? Does that still apply if it's small?
>>
>>51820668
>fighter build
>of combat tricks
>comes to fruition at level 20
Seems reasonable if you're not playing with or against anything that has access to magic.
>>
>>51822024
Skill based system. In addition, there are different magnitudes(so the Taken for instance would be magnitude 4 while the wizards of the company would be magnitude 1 or 2). It's pretty complicated.
>>
>>51814496
That's one cute snake
>>
>>51821406
>>51821600
Yea the RAI is pretty clear. If someone tries this in a campaign they're in for a world of pain.
> "Alright well I have fire resistance. I swim across the lava"
> "Are you sure?"
> "Totally"
> "Okay."
> Takes his character sheet and hands him a new blank one from the box.
> "You die instantly as the lava flash-boils the water contents of your body in a spectacular explosion"
> "Muh fire resistance"
> "Yea, fire resistance 10 versus 20d6 of fire damage"
> "Roll it bitch"
> Rolls ~180 damage.
> "Yea, I stand by my previous statement. 170 points of damage instantly kills you."
>>
File: BitchofaSituation.png (205KB, 540x293px) Image search: [Google]
BitchofaSituation.png
205KB, 540x293px
>>51821699
>>51821982
I still unironically like the idea of the flat +1's for weapons and armor being mundane, while actual magic enhancements are a separate thing. Unfortunately I know that it would have to be carefully handled to avoid becoming a complete fucking nuisance to players and GMs alike, much like how ABP needs to be carefully handled and retooled in order to be remotely functional.

>you will never venture to find the eldest dwarven Grandmaster Blacksmith in order to have him reforge your family's sword
>your wizard will never work together with that blacksmith to make it not only the finest quality weapon in the land, but also a masterful product of enchantments
>>
>>51822105
That's a solid way to do it. As of now, the Heat rules are kind of a mess, since fire resistance doesn't help against nonlethal from the heat or scalding damage. JJ said all damage from hot things is fire damage, but without a FAQ, somebody's bound to argue, or your GM is bound to be a shitter. Also, 1 point of fire resistance makes you immune to lava, but you still take full damage from gettng boiling water splashed on you. What a world.
>>
>>51822119
Kind of depends on your build, but in general Keen is one of the special abilities that's actually worth taking instead of flat bonuses. If you have 18-20 crit range, keen is extra 13% to your DPR, which probably compares favourably to extra 5% hit chance.
>>
>>51822231
I'd argue that those dice were for total immersion and if you're swimming across the surface it's not total immersion. Lava is viscous as fuck and you're most certainly less dense than it.
>>
>>51822271
No one cares, faggot.
>>
>>51822263
I generally use the 3.5e rules from frostburn and sandstorm for environmental hazards when you have fire/cold resist.
>>
>>51822263
>>51822231
>>51822105
Friendly reminder that all the fire resistance in the world or even fire immunity won't save you from DROWNING in the lava if you sink. Fortunately, most characters are probably less dense than molten stone, but that still doesn't mean they can actually swim through such a dense medium.
>>
>>51822271
I'd argue that just touching lava should cause you to take 20d6 damage, assuming it isn't just instant death.
>>
>>51822276
I don't care about you not caring, faggot.
>>
>>51822155
This actually does fine against magic as casters can't cast while nauseated or dazed which this does as soon as he gets one attack in. Magic items are used to shore things up. If I were to do the full build it would likely include some easy teleportation stuff via advanced weapon training.

It's not a good build by any means, better fighter builds are certainly possible, but this build can deal with most threads by nauseating or dazing it.
>>
>>51822295
Except that's explicitly not the case.
>>
File: 1464329286559.jpg (98KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
1464329286559.jpg
98KB, 600x579px
>>51822312
>as he gets one attack in
>>
>>51822312
Getting the attack in is the hard part, though. Beyond that, do they get a save against the condition?
>>
>51822300
thx for the (You) <3
>>
>>51822319

Then why do characters die the moment they touch lava?

You can stand at the shore of a lava sea, but as long as you don't touch it you're good
>>
>>51822319
I said should, not do. Since we're now talking about how the rules should work instead of how they do, apparently.
>>
>>51822271
Have you actually... swam before?

It's near enough to total immersion that it makes no difference.
>>
What are you supposed to call Tanzanite when Tanzania does not exist in Golarion.

What are some gemstones, ores or stones unique to Golarion?
>>
>>51822328
Again, unless I'm fighting someone who has prepared Emergency Force Sphere I'm not worried about that. The vast majority of enemies aren't wizards with EFS. In this case the fighter uses Teleportation Mastery grabbed from Advanced Weapon Training next to the enemy. If the enemy tries and leave he triggers an AoO due to increases reach (again a magic item).

>>51822346
No it's a CMB check, so they need to have high enough CMD. So they need a CMD somewhere around 70 to be relatively safe. A Great Wyrm Red Dragon has 61.
>>
>>51822295
> What are Lava proximity suits
You also take damage from lava merely by proximity. The 20d6 of damage is halved for every 5 feet of distance from the lava. Standing right next to lava? The sheer heat radiation from the lava causes 10d6 of fire damage around. Friendly reminder that lava can fully cook a chicken from 30 yards away.
>>
>>51822372
They don't. They take 2d6 dice of damage every round of exposure...

>>51822382
I have. Swimming only requires total immersion for breast stroke. There are other issues with swimming in lava such as being strong enough to actually do it but total immersion isn't a necessity for swimming.
>>
Did DSP undergo some big change when i wasnt looking in the last few months? Tzocatl is nowhere to be seen and another 3pp company is now doing Arcforge, plus they seem to have fired all their good writers to instead rush out weird short PDFs of dubious quality.

Also have any of those "Lord of The" products even come out since Night?
>>
>>51822434
It's the entirety of your body beside your head.

That's near enough.
>>
>>51822434
They do if you're fully immersed in lava, which happens when you either fall in, or try to swim. No amount of rules lawyering is going to save you if you try to swim in lava. Unless you outright have fire immunity, your character explodes into a cloud of water vapor after taking dat 20d6 of fire damage.
>>
>>51822457
Forrest was having personal shit, what's his face, the guy that did Arcforg is unreliable, ErrantX is ded still and blame patreon for the pieces that aren't Psionic Augmented: Occult, also Empath when?

And no.
>>
>>51820463
I like the Orc archetype Dirty Fighter.
>>
>>51822107
Sorry I'm not a faggot autist like you.
>>
>>51822500
The monster classes and that "alternate psion school abilities" books weren't on the patreon and Ssalaran has managed to produce a ton of shit both for DSP and for other companies so he seems a lot more reliable than most of their other writers, he only seemed to become "unreliable" on Tzocatl, which he updated several times to try and save and it looks like he was told to give up when it wasnt salvageable.

What about that fella that used to post here all the time? He was one of their writers correct? The one who banned Psionic Animate Dead because he hated fun and tried to argue all the Athanatism powers that raised undead didn't actually raise undead?
>>
>>51822563
And worse it led to shit like the new masters not getting Emissary upgrades because people saw them as "patches for masters" which is a really stupid way to patch something. Having a master only be viable with a 10s investment on top of any other things they need for their playstyle to function severely limits that master.
>>
I need some advice for my application for Wrath of the Raunchy. I've come down to three apps and can't decide if I should get rid of my current one for a new one. I'll describe all three:

>Solomon Kreet III, son of a long line of crusaders with deadened emotions being influenced by an emissary familiar, wants to carve out a nation in the World Wound. Human LG Knight Disciple Paladin/Steelblooded Bloodrager.
>Benjamin Tath, mercenary turned crusader who headed north to gather men to his side and create his own army and then nation. Shows up with a fake banner of his mercenary company 'the crow men'. In contact with the Psychopomp Ushers as his patron in this. Human NE Insinuator Anti-paladin/Battle Oracle.
>Jahni, subject of "A Demon Went Down To Ustalav". An escaped demon from the world wound challenged him to a fiddling match in exchange for possessing him. Jahni won the match and won his fancy fiddle. However the demon left him with something extra. He's heading north now to try and give back what ever bit of him was exchanged for the Fiend Pact. Halfling CG Fiend Pact Avowed/Bard.
>>
File: 05 - 7hW0ioa.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
05 - 7hW0ioa.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>51822559
>guy claims build doesn't work, insults guy who made build
>get's told he's wrong
>'well I'm not an autist'
>>
>>51822563
Wasn't Arcforge also a goddamn mess?
>>
File: le_Roi_Soleil.gif (3MB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
le_Roi_Soleil.gif
3MB, 600x300px
>>51822559
>>
>>51822671
In what way? I'll admit i didn't look too deeply into the items but the archetypes and mech/vehicle companions seemed around the same quality as most of DSPs psionics or early path of war stuff. Sure it wasn't quite as good as POW Expanded but it wasn't bloodforge.
>>
>>51822669
>Arguing on the internet using words
>>
>>51822736
I just recall the mechs being silly good at low levels.

But also the need to REPAIR them fucked them over once they got hurt.

So it was broken in two directions. I can't remember what, if any of that got fixed, but... yeah.
>>
May I have a (You)?
>>
>>51822793
I'll admit i never ran a session with the mechs but from what i remember of them they only seemed slightly stronger than animal companions and at low level a Roc or a Lion is basically twice as strong as a Fighter, not to mention other than the Soulknife i don't think DSP has ever printed a class comparable to a low level paizo martial.
>>
>51822835
No.
>>
>>51822835

Yes!

>>51822654

You've already got a manly man applied to that game, why do you want to build more?
>>
>>51822863
>You've already got a manly man applied to that game, why do you want to build more?
Considering changing out my current application for a new one. The Demon went down to Ustalav interests me.

The anti-paladin interests me because I would be the only NE applicant.
>>
>friend is DMing his first ever campaign
>has a bunch of first timers as well
>come along as somebody who has some experience so I can help explain mechanics and such
>end up making a barb that singlehandedly destroys every combat encounter
>feel fucking terrible as it feels like im the only person having fun and im ruining the newer players experience
i knew barbs were strong in the early levels but i never expected to shitstomp everything.
How can I help my DM out? should I rework my character to be less strong? I honestly hate how strong I am.
>>
>>51822906
What level are you? I can give you some pro tips on how to be both fun and less effective.
>>
/pfg/ how do I Bites Za Dusto? 3pp is allowed.
>>
>>51822905
Yeah, but then you'd be the only NE applicant.
>>
>>51822922
Level 3
core classes and races only with these rolled stats 16,16,15,14,12,12
>>
>>51822654
I like Tath best of those options.
>>
>>51822906
What is the rest of the party looking like.

Pretty much every STR Based 2-handed character is going to stomp shit at low levels, it's their job to stomp shit.
>>
>>51822962
Bard, Ranger that uses a bow, a Druid and a Sorcerer with elemental bloodline iirc
>>
>>51822906
Roll up a bard or cleric, buff the team, and be the team mom. Always works for me when I'm playing with newbies.
>>
>>51822946
Your friend is a massive cunt and nothing can be done to fix you or any of the other player's problems, it is not your fault for being a barbarian it is paizo's fault for writing such terribly unbalanced core rules.

Now that that is out of the way, the best option to make you simultaneously weak and cool is to multiclass! Tell me, did you perchance put that 14 in charisma? Because if you did i have a great idea.
>>
If I'm making a class with an ability that provides a combat buff which actually scales based on the result of a Knowledge check, what are the balance issues you might encounter with that? I guess the question is, what would you do to abuse the shit out of a system that gave you a bonus for every 5 you exceed a result by?
>>
>>51822930
Which is why I originally switched from him to the current paladin. Being the only NE applicant would be a problem. Even though my character would have a strict LN or TN code he has to follow as an insinuator fighting demons, and the Insinuator invocation means he wouldn't give off an evil aura, and even as NE he luckily is the the kind that isn't unpalatable by parties (the Insinuator code is pretty mild).

The issue is if I am ever late on my Invocation I suddenly start giving off a massive evil aura.

The party would know I negotiate with the Psychopomp Ushers every day for my powers, and anyone with knowledge religion could probably figure out what I was doing and how my powers worked.

It'd be a lot of big risks.
>>
>>51823003
Get a very high check most likely. Buffs to skills like knowledge exist in hundreds of spells, items, feats, traits and various things, a lot of one use items or high level spells can even give +10-20 to a knowledge check.
>>
>>51822906
You should have made a Bard or a Skald. Some kind of support class that would help everyone else out.

If you have a decent Charisma you could multiclass as a Skald and start boosting the other players. Instead of resenting you they might end up liking your character.
>>
>>51822997
he wanted to do core only since he's never done any DMing before and wanted to start off simple and possibly open it up once people are more familiar with the game
but I put the 14 into Wis but I can probably ask to change it into Cha since we are only about 1 session deep
>>51823052
We have a bard already and a skald would be not as useful since it would only be me and the druids pet that would end up making any use of the rage
>>
>>51822793
It never got fixed. It got abandoned. As I recall even the weapon table was left unfinished; not only in a "not everything is there" way but one or two entries had just the name and maybe one of the number columns filled in.

Mechs added too much health at the lowest levels, and depending on the setup could be worse for offensive capabilities than not being in one, due to the whole "you can't make bigger weapons without needing multiple class abilities buying extra hardpoints, but only if it's ranged" that was broken both ways too. The stat growth wasn't quite right...

Basically it was an early alpha with a whole lot to still work out, that got completely left on the shelf and never touched again.
>>
>>51822793
Oh and yes, even fixing one would fuck you up, and if it got busted, you were going to need like six months downtime to replace it, not to mention a whole lot of cash. Again though, THAT set of rules kept changing too.
>>
>>51822863
Why, thank you very much, anon!
>>
File: Materian.png (697KB, 615x950px) Image search: [Google]
Materian.png
697KB, 615x950px
Well I got the most important part of my Taldor Ascendant app out of the way!
The picture!
>>
>>51823003
Basically the answer will be: don't. Knowledge checks are one of the skills Paizo thinks of as okay to hand out very high bonuses to without breaking anything. But you also can't expect that level of system-knowledge from a player, so you'd have to make the ability good at some normal range and NOT absurdly strong like 30-40 points above that.

Just have the ability scale by *level* if the check hits a DC. If it's about an enemy or other thing with a level or CR, do 10 or 15 plus the CR, like identifying creatures. If you also want to reward high bonuses, give out ONE benefit for exceeding by 10.
>>
>>51823003
Deific Obedience for +4 Sacred. Skill Focus for +3. Class Skill, more than likely. Custom magic item for +5 Competence bonus. Good Hope for +2 Morale bonus. Custom Masterwork item for +1 Circumstance bonus. That's +18 on top of ranks. I guarantee I'm missing other methods.
>>
>>51823085
Darn, what i was thinking was you could take your next 2 levels in Sorceror and then take the rest of your levels in DRAGON DISCIPLE. You would be less effective than a real barbarian but you could also do some neat buffs and stuff on yourself and grow claws and shit. Just be sure not to take the same spells as your buddy sorceror.
>>51823089
Apparently now some homebrewer on the forums is working with TPK games to try and finish it.
>>
>>51822986
Yeah, you're destroying everything because you pretty much are the only dedicated combat class aside from the Ranger. Everyone else is going to take a while to come into their own as fighters.
>>
>>51823129
Why even apply when you'll just be worse than DHB's character?
>>
How do you lot name your characters? I'm trying to conjure a name for my fruity bard but naming is always my last and hardest step.
>>
>>51823162
Does DHB's character do everything a party could possibly be useful for?
>>
>>51823162
>implying that isn't my goal
>>
>>51823170
Basic naming conventions of the area. If it is a Not!Real Location, then it's much easier. If not, just come up with something, or find a fantasy name generator, if it's tough for you.
>>
File: human names.jpg (36KB, 405x525px) Image search: [Google]
human names.jpg
36KB, 405x525px
>>51823170
Use one of a million generators out there.
>>
>>51823170
>http://www.behindthename.com/random/
>pick suitable ethnicities
>roll until you get names you like the sound of
Works every time.
>>
>>51823138
>Basically the answer will be: don't.

This. With the right class and other bonuses, it's easy to a ridiculously high bonus to Knowledge checks. Any system you made would have to take that into account, that it will often be trivial for a focused character to exceed the DC by 25-30 or more.
>>
>>51823179
Just look at his sheet man. He does all face stuff, all sneaky stuff, and can kill a CR+5 encounter by himself.
>>
>>51823170
> Smash my face into the keyboard and add vowes
> At some point LITERALLY named my character "Smash face on keyboard and add vowels".
> Pick a name from a name generator
>>
>>51814790
Quain, if I'm remembering correctly, is a port city on the western coast of tian Xia, it's a city in between the mountains and basically the only way to get into tian Xia by boat unless you go incredibly north
>>
>>51823149
the dragon disciple sounds like a fun idea would i need 2 levels in sorc though? you only need to be able to cast 1st level spells and you can do that with a 1 level dip
>>
>>51823170
Marijuana and adhd usually take care of names for me
I think of a first letter sort of sound I like and throw some syllables in there to make it a name
Dartin, first letter D, liked the sound of dar, add a tin to make it a name
>>
>>51823170
This >>51823201, though I also like to look at what the names mean, and pick based on a combination of that and meaning to the character.

For example, my group is running Way of the Wicked, and my character's name means Star Princess. Which, since she's a fallen noble...

Dwarf names I sometimes pull from Dorf Fort.
>>
>>51823170
>How do you lot name your characters?

Figure out the culture they're from and find a real-world analogue.

Search for names that fit their personality, theme or mood... But most importantly, find one that "clicks."

Also, this is important: when making a name, if the first name is long, keep the last name short. If the last name is long, make the first name short.
>>
>>51823316
The 2nd level doesn't cost you a BAB and advances your spellcasting+bloodline, on top of this it does the far more important thing of not improving you at being a barbarian. That said, no you can totally get a 4th level in Barb and get a rage power or whatever.
>>
>Rocs are naturally Gargantuan size, known for picking up elephants and other large shit then throwing them off cliffs
>Only 28 strength, meaning they have a light load of 400 lbs
>Picking up elephants, with a carry of 400
I don't think this works together since things only fly on Light Load, right?
>>
So the Sphere Arcanist. If you pick the School Understanding Exploit do you get the Sphere as a bonus talent, like you would as an Incanter or Sphere Wizard?

>>51823814
>The figures on Table: Carrying Capacity are for Medium bipedal creatures. A larger bipedal creature can carry more weight depending on its size category, as follows: Large ×2, Huge ×4, Gargantuan ×8, Colossal ×16. A smaller creature can carry less weight depending on its size category, as follows: Small ×3/4, Tiny ×1/2, Diminutive ×1/4, Fine ×1/8.
>>
File: castlevania-horrible-night-2.png (6KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
castlevania-horrible-night-2.png
6KB, 512x480px
>>51821993
Yup, more or less.

Francisca Zilant
NG female Suli Avowed|Vigilante (Draconic Avenger, Exposed Vigilante, Inquisitive Detective)
>Adopted into a minor Brevic noble house
>Lotsa strange magic powers
>Seems like she might be part of house Rogarvia
>Who apparently went to the Worldwound rather than just disappearing?
>Decided to go there herself, met a wounded drake and made friends with it on the way

I'm reminded a bit of Fei Xiahou with this one. Fran has a decent enough backstory, if a disappointingly short one. She's got a solid motivation. But somehow, she feels like she should be a Kingmaker PC. The Worldwound is barely mentioned, and the campaign trait is never touched upon. Not even once.

As for personality, it's kind of your standard quiet, gentle bookworm type. It almost makes her come off as bland, really, and makes me feel like she somehow isn't a product of her upbringing--I want to hear more about House Zilant when I hear about how they contrast with her. If there's a way to spice her up, make her more clearly shaped by Brevoy, do so.
>>
>>51822906
Consider giving the DM some simple advice on encounter design. Tell him how he can use things like airborne enemies, difficult terrain, and swarms to make life harder for the melee front-liners, and if he's lacking in tactical understanding of how enemies can arrange themselves on the battlefield to take advantage of positioning, give him a lesson on that too.
>>
>>51823874
Huh, not sure how I missed that bit of info.
>>
File: NEEEEEEEEEEEEERD.jpg (286KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
NEEEEEEEEEEEEERD.jpg
286KB, 724x1024px
>>51823892
Charlotte Renard
LN female Human Pactmaker|Empath
Campaign Trait: Riftwarden Orphan
>Genius student, purposefully kept from knowing her true power
>Trying to become a professor at a local school, researching the wardstones
>Suddenly psychic flashbacks; Oh shit mom and dad were Riftwardens
>Saw some kind of bad future coming on and started gearing up for adventuring

Okay, I can get how you don't want to tell us that much about her childhood--if she was just an average kid leading her average life, that's fine to gloss over it. But the fact remains that though it's decent enough to have greatness thrust upon her, it leaves woefully little room to actually tell us about her.

Sure, she's studious, sure she's the absent-minded professor trope, and okay, she's determined and junk. But honestly? She's bland. There needs to be some sign of a life outside her studies, who she is when she's not doing scholarly things. And if she's a workaholic who really doesn't have much of a life outside her work? Well, put more of an accent on that and set up a character arc.
>>
>>51823892
>>51824097
Seth will probably have to wait 'till next thread, but I'm getting to work on the little fucker.
>>
New Thread
>>51824190
>>51824190
>>51824190
>>51824190
>>51824190
>>
>>51824097
>>51823892
Not a full analysis, but can you give me a quick thought on the changes I've made to Solomon. I honestly am still unsure of how I have done him.
>>
>>51823313

That's not Quain, that's Goka.
>>
>>51824233
Quain is basically China-as-martial-arts-land, one of about four to six Chinas.
Currently undergoing drought and famine because one smart guy thought it was wrong to sacrifice the princess to a dragon every few dozen years.
>>
>>51816988
I think she's looking for some artifact, but it seems like we need to grab it too, for pecuniary gain.
>>
>>51817630
Couldn't a friendly neighborhood cleric heal their wrecked booties?
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.