[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/: Classic Muscle Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 103

File: 1421112162888.jpg (461KB, 1008x722px) Image search: [Google]
1421112162888.jpg
461KB, 1008x722px
Previous Thread >>>>51783015

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
File: IMG_1091.jpg (659KB, 1400x801px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1091.jpg
659KB, 1400x801px
>>51813967
>>
Parattani is now 3 for 3 in System open wins - though that's some what to be expected as the Europese have some kind of fetish for the toilet seats, 7/8 lists in their final involved a Manaroo in some form.
>>
>>51810835
Same here. I dumped info about Kenner's "The Epic Continues" toy line plans and Lucas' original plans for the prequels as "Sempai," (after another Anon named me), and since have gone back to shitposting anonymously as well. As namefags SHOULD operate.

That said, I like WEGfag. Our preferences align in a lot of ways.
>>
>>51814157

Parattanni is an interesting conundrum to me. Mostly, I find in a lot of cases the nerf police are whingers. Upsilon pack is legal now where is the anal devastation of KyloRAC and KyloShuttle Palp we were promised? Swarm Leader was supposed to make x7s even more broken. Etc, etc.

But clearly the list is very good. But also, instinctively I sense Manaroo and Attanni Mindlink are functioning as intended. Much like with Manaroo complementing Dengar, I feel like synergy there is exactly as intended by the designers. But it's not like this list came out overnight - the ideal slowly moved from Dengaroo, to Manaroo Aces/Fangaroo to now Parattani (Manaroo+Asajj+Fenn).

Why did it take for this to click? What makes it such a well-rounded list? Is it that ships like the Fang and Lancer have excellent dials to avoid stress control? Is it just how Manaroo gives them free actions to reposition? Is it a PS think with Fenn shooting first? Does the list have shitty target priority? Will people eventually crack Parattanni just as they seem to have cracked x7 and Dengaroo? Will people find a superior list once they have time to get comfortable with Wave X? Do the predators of Attanni get eaten by other lists out there - if such a thing exists? I wonder these things...

Like, short of what I feel is a bit of an idiot overstep to "ban" Attanni, how do you break this combo if you decide it's too good? Is it the small ships which make Attanni? The Large ones? Is it the cost? Would X-Wing riot if a card was errataed to cost one point more - and would that set a terrible precedent to recost all the cards which are shittily costed? These things keep me awake to ponder while people whine about how castling is unsportsmanlike, or how they're fine with 2 TLTs, but clearly 4 TLTs is some giant NPE which needs to go away... Like fucking Thug Life is a plague these days.
>>
File: Ford_Mustang_convertible.jpg (156KB, 2096x964px) Image search: [Google]
Ford_Mustang_convertible.jpg
156KB, 2096x964px
On the cars thing, the 3rd Gen Mustang is even worse than the 4th. It looks like a fucking shitbox. Holy shit.
>>
>>51814391

This the Loronar E-9?
>>
>>51814415
no, it's the pinook
>>
Just bought a TFA Core set for the rebel stuff. But I already have five TIE/fos and don't need movement templates or anything. How much should I sell a core set minus the T-70 and associated cards for?
>>
File: Clone_Z-95_starfighter_SWE.png (121KB, 489x296px) Image search: [Google]
Clone_Z-95_starfighter_SWE.png
121KB, 489x296px
>>51814415
Nah freighters are trucks, but since the E-9 is more of a passenger vehicle, i'd say its a SUV.

The 3rd Gen Mustang would be some sort of Z-95 that has lost all the feel of the original. Maybe pic related is a good estimate.
>>
>>51814463

I like the clone Z-95 though
>>
>>51814481
>overly wide wings
>barely any power into those cannons
>tiny cockpit

Also lacks the rugged feel of the original.
>>
Alright, I'm just getting into EotE and I have a question about death. It seems like, given the d100 Crit Injury system, PCs take ridiculously long to die and react to blaster fire while incapacitated about as well as to multiple missiles.

Am I missing something here? Is there an errata or small, tucked-away rule I'm missing?
Alternatively, is there a more-or-less official homebrew rule for making combat more lethal? This seems like some strong shenanigans.
>>
>>51814023
Dedicated ground support TIE?
>>
>>51814766
They're meant to be more heroic and just generally less likely to die. If you want things to be more lethal, just focus Advantages/Triumphs on re-activating criticals on the same hit to keep adding +10 to crit rolls, or using any weapon with Vicious.

And if a character is unconscious, or even conscious, and they're hit with something especially nasty, you can just off them without bothering to roll a crit. A vehicle's concussion missile is 60 personal-scale damage that ignores up to 40 personal-scale soak, generally speaking, a person isn't walking away from a direct hit from that.
>>
>>51814766
it's calibrated a bit heroic, for characters getting shot up to near but not quite death and letting the guy who chose medicine fixing them up, or being gunned and being taken prisoner
if you want a system for a gang of cowards taking slight hits and exploding from lolisntadeath, I'd recommend half-assing a D&D 3.5 conversion like every other bitch motherfucker
>>
>>51814801
Concept for Kylo Ben's personal starfighter.
>>
Alright, /swg/, you have sixty seconds to explain why you haven't even tried to be a fighter pilot in your local air force
>>
>>51815402
I'm colour blind
>>
>>51815402

I wanted to be all my life, then by the time I was old enough my eyes were so fucking bad that I'll never be allowed in a cockpit.

Also, because the RAF doesnt use X-Wings for some reason?
>>
>>51815402
Because I'd have a better chance of actually flying if I joined the Navy.
>>
>>51815402
because I was six foot four by the age of fourteen and rather understood that that put me over the limit for height, let alone how tall I'd end up by the realistic timeframe for actually trying for piloting
>>
>>51815402
genetic disease.
>>
File: Old Comrades.jpg (6MB, 3600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Old Comrades.jpg
6MB, 3600x2400px
>>51815402
Not allowed with my eyesight, broke my heart when I realised, as one of my earliest memories is watching a Hurricane fly at Biggin Hill Air Show, something about it captured me. Now I just console myself with flight sims and the knowledge that the art of the dogfight's dead in modern jet combat anyway.
>>
File: alexander_dudar_01.jpg (268KB, 1800x715px) Image search: [Google]
alexander_dudar_01.jpg
268KB, 1800x715px
>>51815402
Too tall
Jumping out of them was easier
>>
File: darkholocron.png (794KB, 775x775px) Image search: [Google]
darkholocron.png
794KB, 775x775px
>>51813967
I want to gauge how 'snowflakey' this companion NPC is in a mentor role (two player game). The setting is TFA-era, the players live on a world that has just recently been taken over by the First Order to abduct recruits in their usual manner. The world itself is in the unknown regions, with a lot of old, abandoned temples and long-dead offshoots of the Jedi and Sith - mostly from what canon vaguely calls 'the Old Republic, thousands of years ago'.

The mentor in question is some ancient Sith lord who in seeking immortality, trapped his own spirit into his holocron and mounted it on a droid chassis. The idea is that he hated the idea of fatalism, so seeked to detach himself from the force. He is more or less a 'Sith Lich', in that he cannot die unless his holocron is destroyed.

He would give teachings to the players on ways they can learn from his foolish mistake, and try to find a better solution to the problem of surpassing the will of the Force - whether by turning blind to it, or bending it to their will. He would more or less reward and support the player characters for being selfish, whether it was a good result or bad.

Mechanics wise, he would allow the players to train certain force powers and gain Discipline and Knowledge (lore) as class skills, due to his vast memory of forgotten lore and his desire for the players to surpass their own fate. He would also be a counter to the two player's Jedi companion they picked up who is more or less a 'girl scout' when it comes to morals and following the Jedi code.
>>
File: disdain.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
disdain.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>51815459
>Air force that doesn't use the Incom T-65 "X-Wing"
>>
>>51815402
Too tall, bad eyesight, bad attitude regarding authority, petrified of /everything/, much more interested in the mechanics rather than the shooting other things bit?

I'm the kinda kid that saw Star Wars and thought being a R2 would be the shit, not being Wedge.
>>
>>51815603
>cont
He is also quite insane and eccentric, but due to roughly 1,000 years of isolation in a cave having made him lonely - he practically throws himself onto the players for any social stimuli. A self broken man who sees past both the light and the dark and wishes to spread this revelation to any who might listen.

He believes he has the form of an indomitable wardroid, but it seems to be the barely held together skeleton of a long since scraped protocol droid. The head was replaced by a 'dish' that holds his holocron onto the chassis.

All of his teachings are backdropped by a fairly simple black and white Resistance vs. First Order conflict on their world.
>>
>>51815603
To be honest, I'd just let them grow up organically and they'd find their own way into wherever they're going to go.
A holocron by itself, definitely an option but the girl scout might feel intimidated by another mobile NPC entity trying to influence their actions and probably end up whacking it with a light bat until its dead.

Also with opposing force idealists, avoiding using 'Jedi & Sith' as much as possible, keep everyone's Morality confidential- that way if someone is the secret sith (or multiple people are!) its up to them to reveal their cards if they choose to do so
>>
For the X-wing aficionados... T-70, T-65B, or T-65C-A2? Which would you be flying, and how would you be fighting it in the NR's service?
>>
>>51815566

>wanted to join the RAF thanks to seeing hurricans and spitfires at Biggin Hill
Literally my nigga, same.

That and watching A New Hope, at least.
>>
File: darthravas.png (531KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
darthravas.png
531KB, 750x750px
>>51815690
>To be honest, I'd just let them grow up organically and they'd find their own way into wherever they're going to go.

The idea is that this would be an optionally acquired NPC they would find in an old Sith academy on the planet. All of what I said is assuming the players are curious enough to keep him along or merely smash him on sight. I abhor railroading, so this is more of an "NPC is going to try to do this" rather than some absolute that will be pushed in any significant way.

>A holocron by itself, definitely an option but the girl scout might feel intimidated by another mobile NPC entity trying to influence their actions and probably end up whacking it with a light bat until its dead.

My thinking was that perhaps the ex-Sith Lord's teachings might get to her in some way, and that the NPC herself might be intrigued enough to not use the holocron-phylactery as a practice remote.

>Also with opposing force idealists, avoiding using 'Jedi & Sith' as much as possible, keep everyone's Morality confidential- that way if someone is the secret sith (or multiple people are!) its up to them to reveal their cards if they choose to do so

Yeah, thats why I mentioned "Jedi and Sith offshoots". I plan on having a few different orders. Currently the only orders that still have living members is Jedi Remnants who fled during the Clone Wars to open a secret academy far from the Empire - the other is a group of rogue jedi from said Remnant who burned it to the ground and began to use old Sith holocrons - convincing them they are true Sith. The side idea is that things such as the Rule of Two would be totally forgotten to these far detached 'sith'.
>>
File: orig_217260.jpg (916KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
orig_217260.jpg
916KB, 2048x1365px
>>51815736
Tornado's where some of the nicest planes the brits ever made locally, really kind of wish the RAAF had picked them up instead of the bomb-truck F18's
>>
>>51815724

The 70 is nice, but my first love will always be the original hotness T-65.

>>51815756
Tornados are a joy. About 80% of the fun I get out of a British deck in Wargame Red Dragon is summoning Tornados in to fuck things up.
>>
>>51815736
Actually the RAAF, I was born in London and spent the first few years of my life there, which has given me a fondness for things British, but my parents were both Australian expats and we moved back before my older brother started schooling.

>>51815756
Tornadoes are confirmed neato as fuck.
>>
File: sith yobs.jpg (87KB, 1008x600px) Image search: [Google]
sith yobs.jpg
87KB, 1008x600px
>>51815754
Maybe if that's the case you can present the 'droid' as basically a beat up, functional unit that's able to speak old languages, knows a bit about (really old) technology, historical events and places to hide on the planet- so that way they see him as a bit of a utility bot that can aid them and later on reveal its holocron later. Plus less likely to go apeshit on him!
You have a much better handle on the players/their motivations than I really can get the gist of here, so I'm just going off how I've done the morality thing in the past. Its better to let them fall on their lightswords by their own choice... though a bit of temptation to do it is part of the game.
>>
>>51815799

>RAAF rather than RAF
I mean, the letters are all the same, so I think it counts.
>>
>>51815786
> About 80% of the fun I get out of a British deck in Wargame Red Dragon is summoning Tornados in to fuck things up.
> Not just spamming Sea Harriers and Harrier GR. 3s to drown the opposition is cheap, efficient air.
>>
>>51815802
Got any recommendations to tempt players to be more 'dark side'? The only thing I can think of is sith relics that provide powerful abilities. As for the whole 'disguises as a droid thing', I think that is relatively easy to facilitate since I would not let on that its possibly a phylactery - just a holocron on a droid body.

I would initially present him as a 'teacher' at the academy, who would guide them through the various typical Sith trials to gain their first lightsaber crystal. (the crystals are special and need to be activated at a Jedi monastery, so its a way to present both sides to the players).

As for the players, ones a bit dense and wants to play a typical hero, but the other is relatively clever and quite open minded about her character. Could provide some valuable player discussion and in character RPing.
>>
>>51815843

I mean hell yes, that's great too, but harriers are slow motherfuckers by comparison to a Tornado screaming in at 1k and dumping missiles into a tanks anus.

That said, Harrier paveways are a very fun time.
>>
>>51815756

Mate we should have got the F-15 instead of the F-18s. We were like, lol it's too good- we don't need that.

Also read Darwin Spitfires if you're the Biggin Hill lad. It's one of the best things I've read about the Spit and how it was used and misused.
>>
>>51815888
I have read it actually, though it was years ago now, I remember quite enjoying it.
>>
>>51815860
Temptation is one of those things you've got to be really careful with and as a GM you're obligated to say 'that action may incur conflict'- once, after that its the players choice as to their characters behaviour and actions.
Generally, its strikes when they're at their lowest-
>Surrounded by enemy troops
>Throwing a speeder bus full of space nuns at the enemy tank will resolve this problem

or, simply by letting them wander along with their own frustrations, predilections and as a way of dealing with duress
>theft
>assassination
>using fear
All that sort of stuff applied to neutral party (NPC's) will incur conflict and even in some cases they apply it to the "bad guys" will also incur it. As I mentioned last thread, rebels tend to become a little meaner and nastier as their cause becomes harder, while they may be doing it to see light at the end of the tunnel, the further they go down that tunnel, the darker it gets. Burning down loyalist's farms, night raids to kill sleeping soldiers, scalping people to cause fear amongst supporters, stealing supplies- all that kind of shit is quite black-white in the SW Mythos.

>>51815888
Nah, I just end up in the UK once or twice a year as my in-laws live there.
The F15 was quite old by that stage as well, very expensive to run and the new-shiny F18 was fairly cheap comparatively. We haven't been too hard done by with the 18's, but they really didn't look at the huge fucking hole that the retirement of the F111's would cause and its still a big problem to this very day.
>>
>>51814391
:( I have an 88 mustang and I quite like it actually.
>>
>>51815946

I think we went with the F-18 because it was versatile and like you said cheaper? Best of the Lo options, while the F-15 was a proper Hi option.

Bringing it back to Star Wars I wonder if the TIE Interceptor and TIE Defender could have been the Imperial Navy's attempt at a high-low fighter mix... against the Rebels X-wing and whatever they had coming up next (E-wing? newer X-wings)... if it weren't for Star Destroyer politics killing it before someone could come and do the thought exercise.

>>51815923

Sick, I think it came out years ago so most people read it then... but not exactly one that people come back to. It had some neato bits in it that could be dragged into an X-wing fanfic somehow.

>wearing a bowie knife as part of the uniform because it looked cool
>being asked to fly out of bare bone airstrips
>making do in flight conditions totally different to what you know in Europe and the Med.
>>
>>51816050
Not sure if the F15 was even on the table at the time, the F16 was and it was a cheaper platform, but the 18's where cheaper to run and generally an old truck that just keeps on going. Mind you, this is going back to about 1981-82 era and we still had Mirages falling out of the sky and squadrons of F111 bombers so we where getting kind of desperate!
It wasn't a bad choice at the time and has managed to endure, well shit it'll have too as the F35 is taking forever.

TIE interceptors definitely have their place in the Imperial navy, they're designed to go reach-out at as fast as possible to interdict enemy bombers and fighters before they get to your capital ships and escorts. If they where technically ever used in that role, dunno, but that's the job rather than mix-it up with fighters full time- as the definition of an interceptor by contemporary standards.
Defenders are a real couple of steps up above the Interceptor, as a superiority fighter and a real all-round package that I guess evolved over the failures of the TIE/In to deal with more advanced enemy fighters. That price though, shit even the rolling in coke, cash and hookers budget the Imp Navy has, would make anyone baulk and when you've got to outfit a galaxy's worth of of them in even limited amounts.
>Squadron of 6? Sure!
>Or you can have 12 Interceptors
>Or you can have 36 TIE/In's!

heh!
The /In and Interceptor have their place because its practical to have a lot of them and enough of them is sometimes the solution
>>
A little historical curiosity question:

Does anyone know if the WEG 1E rulebook was sold packaged with the Rules Upgrade pamphlet after 1988, or was the pamphlet only found in the adventure modules?
>>
>>51814415
No, it's the T-70.
>>
>>51815402
Way too tall and way too blind.
>>
File: E-9.jpg (19KB, 510x175px) Image search: [Google]
E-9.jpg
19KB, 510x175px
>>51814463
>Lorner E9 is a SUV
Despite being alsmost as fast as an X-Wing and faster than a yt-1300. Heavily upgradable. Can function as a freighter, explorer or even a gunship with a little modification. Also it looks sexy as fuck
>>
>>51815459
Same anon. I live relatively near an airbase so sometimes the jets fly over to torment me :(
>>
File: Something like this.jpg (531KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
Something like this.jpg
531KB, 970x545px
Alright, /swg/. My EotE droid-tech has been made angry by the antagonist and now things need to die with extreme prejudice. Help me build and equip the deadliest, most efficient assassin droid in the galaxy using the droid crafting rules from page 80 of the technician splat book - Special Modifications.

You will have:
-Unlimited funds
-Access to armories from all FFG Star Wars rpgs. EotE, AoR and FaD.
-Access to all crafting templates from above mentioned rpgs.

Now I'm thinking of starting with the Advanced Combat Chassis with elimination directives, Crafted Augmented armor from FaDs Keeping the Peace and HOB Heavy repeating Blaster from Dangerous Covenants. However I'm not sure if this is the best way to go about it. I also haven't thought about possible cybernetics or attachments for weapons and armor. For crafting I can allocate any advantages and triumphs myself, but I would not mind having some input.

TL;DR: My pc is assblasted and is building a assassin droid to exact petty revenge. I'd like your help with designing the droid. Any ideas you have would be much appreciated.
>>
>>51815402
I wear glasses.
>>
File: RoboBackground2.jpg (37KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
RoboBackground2.jpg
37KB, 670x377px
>>51817679
Should of been a pic of robocop since he is actually the real most badass cybernetic killer. Terminators are overrated tin cans.
>>
File: predator_drone.jpg (115KB, 620x389px) Image search: [Google]
predator_drone.jpg
115KB, 620x389px
>>51817679
Become a droid starfighter, kill targets with airstrikes.
>>
>>51817747
Will get blasted out of the skies by everyone though. A walking killer droid will attracted less fire from bystanders..
>>
>>51815402
Because being a pilot is one of the most sought after jobs in the military, requiring a bachelor's degree (preferably in science or engineering) and perfect physical health, of which I have neither.
>>
>>51817736
Believe me. If I could have Robocop Alex Murphy, the I'd take Robocop Alex Murphy.

>>51817747
Now this was something hadn't even considered before. Something I might look in to if situation calls for it.
>>
File: f-22.jpg (4MB, 2736x1822px) Image search: [Google]
f-22.jpg
4MB, 2736x1822px
>>51817797
>unlimited funds
One of the splatbooks has a stealth coating mod of some kind, IIRC. Also, ECM.
>>
>>51817679
Just make the assassin droid nemesis from the bestiary. Those things are strong as fuck
>>
File: Wampas.jpg (181KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Wampas.jpg
181KB, 1000x500px
Finally finished painting my Wampas for Imperial Assault ... two weeks after we finished the Return to Hoth campaign. :(

That actually completes all of the generics from the RtH box. But I have so much more stuff to paint, still.
>>
>>51817817
Not to mention the profession will be obsolete within the decade.
>>
File: brian-matyas-16b.jpg (291KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
brian-matyas-16b.jpg
291KB, 1920x960px
>>51815860
The Dark Side is the easy path.

The "typical hero" could be tempted by choices where he has two options: personal sacrifice and inconvenience, or touching the Dark Side and getting the "heroic" moment he wants.

For example, they've captured the leader of a [dangerous organization]. He's unarmed, but unrepentant. The PCs know that if they let him live, wherever they keep him will be in danger from [dangerous organization]. Can the hero justify killing him in cold blood?

Really though, the temptation side of things is a deal you're making with your players. "Choose the Dark Side, and your story will be interesting." You aren't penalizing. You're just letting the left hand take the melody for a bit. Maybe not forever - redemption stories are fun - but for some time. And you need the players to /buy in/ to that.

Dark Side points aren't like insanity points in Call of Cthulhu. They're not a timer imposed by the GM on a character's lifespan. They're just another aspect.

This is a good way to hook the "clever and open minded" player. Get them on board with the narrative aspects of it, and slowly tempt them away from the path. Then, ages later, when they look up and see what they've done, and what they've justified, they can begin a really interesting arc back to the light.
>>
>>51817600

I live near an airbase, but I dont get jets flying over here.

I get a fucking flight wing of two Spitfires and a Hurricane who do loops around every single weekend
>>
>>51815459
Get laser eye surgery and a Cessna? Completely achievable.
>>
>>51819449

I did actually look into laser surgery a while back.
Turns out my eyes are actually too bad for lasers to fix.
>>
File: 16941tj.jpg (62KB, 1024x604px) Image search: [Google]
16941tj.jpg
62KB, 1024x604px
>>51819529
Well fuck. There are special dispensations you can get to fly light aircraft, so maybe, with proper corrective lenses, you can fly one of those.

Even co-piloting can be fun.
>>
>>51815402
Because transport pilots get paid more in the real world.

Also I did serve in the Air Force and it was a nice stepping stone into SOF. You know, with air conditioning.
>>
File: AclRNE9.jpg (55KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
AclRNE9.jpg
55KB, 480x720px
Official grey code
>>
File: based jolee.jpg (74KB, 920x572px) Image search: [Google]
based jolee.jpg
74KB, 920x572px
>>51819690
>Official grey code
You posted the wrong image.
>>
>>51819790
Jolee was a "grey jedi". The grey code is for force users who aren't moralfags but don't want to be Saturday morning cartoon villians.
>>
File: 1420246292291.jpg (52KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1420246292291.jpg
52KB, 625x626px
>>51819790
>>51819690
You both posted the wrong image.
>>
>>51819833
>code for force users who aren't moralfags but don't want to be Saturday morning cartoon villians
Pointless and nonsensical. There are dozens of non-OJO, non-Sith Force orders with their own distinct philosophies and cultures. Forcing them all into a single all-encompassing code is idiotic.
>>
>>51819690
>>51819790
Do you have to do this every thread? Can you at least post some new content?

Its one step removed from posting your OC.
>>
Talk about something that matters instead

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/20/merchant-one/
>>
>>51820338
Pure shit. Ffg hates Scum don't they?
>>
I'll just...leave this right here.
>>
File: alexander-axelsson-trianglev3.jpg (285KB, 1920x810px) Image search: [Google]
alexander-axelsson-trianglev3.jpg
285KB, 1920x810px
>>51820338
It's still a beautiful ship, and worth repainting.
>>
>>51820338
Is there anything in there that wasn't in the reveal besides the cargo container drop and the damage booster?
>>
New to character creation, how do I figure out how many dice I'll be rolling for checks and combat? Are they all generally the same or is there a difference between them?
>>
>>51814443
$10 or less for tokens/templates etc.

$10- 12 For the pair of TIEs.
>>
>>51813967
At a recent X-wing meet up at my LGS, someone from out of town (didn't catch his name) accidentally picked up and took one of my TIE Bomber dials. Is there any way to buy those separately for less than half of the cost of a new Bomber?

I managed to find a bag on eBay of 'Assorted dials', but it turns out that those were all defenders.

Also, does anyone need TIE defender dials or Pilot Cards? Free to a good home.
>>
>>51821429

If you are talking FFG; the dice pool you roll will be determined by your characteristic for the check, and the skill being used. You take the highest of these two numbers, which determines the size of the pool, and then upgrade dice equal to the lower value.

As an example, let's say you are shooting someone with a blaster pistol. This would be using the Ranged: Light skill, which runs off of the Agility characteristic.

If you had 3 Agility, and 2 ranks in Ranged Light, you would start with three green dice, and then upgrade two of those dice to yellow ones, rolling a total of two yellow and one green dice.
>>
>>51818846
Unrelated, but I see you post stuff here frequently.

How do you deal with the mold lines on Stormtroopers/other small models? There are so god-damned many on them. Stuff like wookies have fur to lessen their visibility, but on something with smooth armor, it's a pain.
>>
>>51814318
Mustafar winner here.

Parattani is unique amongst dominant lists in the game's life in that it doesn't feel abusive to play with or against. It's what an X-Wing list should be. It's a mod of different pilots and ships, different pilot skills, lots of flexibility, minimal upgrades, no wombo combo bullshit. It's just a list that rewards you for playing X-Wing well. There's no counter to it and it doesn't counter other lists.

If you gave Dengaroo/u-boats/x7/OG whisper/fat Han to a scrub they would immediately win more or most of their games despite being trash. With Parattani they would win more, but not as much. It doesn't raise the skill floor by so much that any idiot can win with it.

Now, all that said, there are elements that I feel are too good and could be nerfed without killing the build or other similar lists. Global effects need to go. Palp, roo, Sabine, and mindlink should all go to range 1-3. This leashes the support ship a bit and at least puts it at reasonable risk. This is more pie in the sky, but errata-ing mindlink to have a limit of 2 (2 dots as opposed to 1 for uniques) or have it only be bought in pairs would be good. Doesn't hurt the more fun 4 ship links, feels a bit more thematically appropriate.

Personally I really enjoy the list and I'm having a blast watching people do well with it. I'm kinda hoping it wins all the systems just for the shitstorm.
>>
>>51821002

See >>51814157 Scum 3 for 3 in System Opens and world champs.

>>51821089

Also revealed the other two titles for the C-ROC down at the bottom.
>>
>>51821688

>I'm kinda hoping it wins all the systems just for the shitstorm.

Truly Chumbalaya, you are one of us. The match between Dallas and the mexican champ was supposedly pretty close - the dice were on the latter's side.

I'm a little hesitant to slash the global effects, as they are good and it seems like people don't fly a lot of support with range restrictions as is - I'd want to see how people do with some of the new support options in Wave X first I guess. Will people run stuff like Major Stridan and Ahsoka?
>>
>>51821664
Ok think I kind of get it, thanks
>>
>>51821429
For FFG, WEG or d20/SAGA?

d20/SAGA: Roll a d20 and add your skill and your stat bonus (+1 for every 2 that stat is over 10.) eg: I have charisma 12 and diplomacy 4. My bonus is +5.

FFG: You have green dice equal to the higher of your skill or stat - turn a number of the green dice into yellow dice equal to the number of the lower of your skill or stat. eg: I have Presence 3 and Negotiation 2 - I roll 1 green dice and 2 yellow dice.

WEG: You add the dice ratings of your stat and skill together. 3 'pips' (the static modifier after the number of dice you roll) equals an extra die. eg: you have Charisma 2d+1 and Diplomacy 1d+2. You roll 4d, not 3d+3.
>>
>>51821809
/swg/ is my home away from home. Reddit and forums are just for getting normies to listen to the show.

I think the problem with support effects is cost usually. Stridan is baller but his platform is so pricey. Ahsoka I like a lot as she can be built cheap. I'm mostly in favor of killing globals because it puts more of the onus on the player to keep his shit in range. It's frustrating to have the palp caddy or roo jacking off in the corner while still affecting the game.
>>
>>51821812

You are welcome!

To answer the second part of your question; yellow dice are better than green dice, as they can provide stronger positive results (including Triumph results, which can have strong narrative effects).

This relationship is mirrored in the difficulty dice. The red dice has the potential to have much stronger negative effects than the purple dice, but in most circumstances you will be rolling against a pool of purple dice.

There are also blue dice, which are generally added to a dice pool for good things (such as aiming, having the right tools, etc), and black dice, which are added for bad things (trying to rush something, finding something in the dark, etc).
>>
>>51821947
So how would I know when to use yellow dice?
>>
>>51821688
If you win the Invitational, you have to have your Custom Card be TRIOCULUS.
>>
File: yessssssssssssss.jpg (482KB, 600x1181px) Image search: [Google]
yessssssssssssss.jpg
482KB, 600x1181px
>>51822043
DO EET!
>>
>>51822043

Assign the condition "DARK GREETINGS" to an enemy ship at Range 1-3.

Alternatively 0 pt Crew, Trioculus adds an <o> to all dice rolls from and against the ship he's on.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 500x338px
>>51822043
Or the Glove of Vader.
>>
>>51821960

First, you find out which skill you are testing against. For example, Ranged Light.

Next, you look at the stat which powers that skill. In this case, Agility.

You look at the skill and the stat. Which ever one is bigger, you will be rolling that many dice in total. The lower of the two will be the number of yellow dice you will use, the rest will be green.

In the previous example, with Agility 3 and Ranged Light 2, you would take two yellow dice and one green dice.

Note that it doesn't matter if the skill value is higher than the stat; if you had, say, Piloting (Space) at 4 and Agility 3, you would roll three yellow dice and one green.
>>
>>51821871
Do you think Kylo+Ace is able to counter Paratanni effectively? I have a couple of people in my local meta who like C+V'ing what wins big tournaments, and I know it rolls over my normal list (5xOmega Squadron with Crack and Weapons Guidance) So I'd like to find a new squad to get good with/repaint.

>>51822043
The mouse will veto that, do something that buffs TIE swarms.
>>
File: 1486667819274.png (44KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1486667819274.png
44KB, 152x254px
>>51822043
>>
>>51822043
Absolutely. Empire only. Crew. Once per round, when attacking, you may cancel any number of hits to assign that many stress tokens to the target.

Did you guys enjoy my Jedi Prince vamping on the Rogue One episode? I'm going to start doing an EU minute where I just dig up some crazy shit not unlike reviewanon's great work.

>>51822140
Hot Shot, Gunner, Vader is awfully rude to Fenn Rau. Swapping gramps for Kylo could definitely hurt Roo and Asajj. Take a wingman to kill high agility like Quickdraw and you're golden. Be sure to get Asajj down ASAP unless he hands you Fenn on a platter (range 2 in arc)
>>
>>51822296
Sorry, it's during the compare results step for Trioculus.
>>
File: sienar does it again.jpg (51KB, 735x413px) Image search: [Google]
sienar does it again.jpg
51KB, 735x413px
>>
>>51822296
What type of Quickdraw would work there? FCS and Frame are a given, Expertise and a 1- point bid? Bump RAC up to 10?

I want to use Quickdraw, but I keep wanting more survivability from a near- 40 point ship.
>>
>>51822407
>but I keep wanting more survivability from a near- 40 point ship.
What you are saying then is you want to fly x7 Defenders.
>>
>>51822407
I run crack shot, FCS, and homing missiles. Frame and primed if points allow. You won't live long, but you're taking something with you.
>>
>>51821688
>Parattani is unique amongst dominant lists in the game's life in that it doesn't feel abusive to play with or against. It's what an X-Wing list should be.
100% agreed here. Something like KyloRAC, x7 Defenders, Old U-boats just feel dirty to fly and are the definition of a BPE to fly against.
>>
>>51822492
More so I've gotten used to associating a PS 8+ ship that costs 34-41 for Empire an ace who can double-reposition. Just having Barrel roll on something that isn't a sub-20 point ship makes me less comfortable.

Any advice on flying Quickdraw? I'll be checking out your podcast later today btw.
>>
>>51822544
Go slow, abuse that 1 forward, go for 1v1s, be fearless. Fly it like you'd fly dengar, but on a small base. QD thrives in a 1v1, but hates getting ganged up on. That's why I like primed so I can do crazy shit like fly through debris or sloop around to keep rolling.
>>
Are Trandoshans Force Sensitive? If so could one become a Jedi?
>>
>>51822866
Theoretically, any non-Vong sapient meatbag species has the capacity to be Force-sensitive, so a Trando Jedi has a nonzero probability of existing.
>>
>>51822866
Yes

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mrssk
>>
File: swx58-supercharged-power-cells.png (107KB, 196x300px) Image search: [Google]
swx58-supercharged-power-cells.png
107KB, 196x300px
Not that I not enjoy the current discussion on X-wing, but I came here to see the reactions/opinions on the new C-ROC preview. I don't see any though, neither in this thread or the last one.

Me, I'm mostly disappointing that this was not a Jizz-music crew card.
>>
>>51823078
There's really not anything new and interesting in it though, they already showed the cargo/illicit/crew/team swappers last time.
>>
>>51823078
My dream for the C-ROC

Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes
5 pts. Team Upgrade. Scum Only
After you perform a maneuver, you may remove all stress tokens from a friendly ship at range 1-3.
>>
>>51822866
They could, sure. Culturally the vast majority of force sensitives there would end up Dark Side as hell, but if one started early, being a jedi would be perfectly reasonable
Though if I wanted a big tough lizard jedi, I'd go for a Babarel, but that's just personal opinion
>>
File: mandoship29-1024x640.jpg (71KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
mandoship29-1024x640.jpg
71KB, 1024x640px
>>51823232
You could also go for a Renlar. Not canon.
https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/02/species-renlars.html

They're all naturally Force-sensitive... but in some weird, weird ways.
>>
>>51822866
The Trandoshan blurb in EotE mentions a Trandoshan Jedi master that died protecting a Wookie chuld from Trandoshan slavers.
>>
>>51823078

No, but it is another cargo card which doesn't take energy...

I think the issue is that we're holding back Jabba for his own article because he'll affect normal 100/6 play. And then some other upgrades are obviously for the Scyk. So they mostly blew their load in the announcement - it's like they expect people who care not to have already thought about what Vizago and Azmorigan can do.
>>
>>51823225
Please, someone build a speaker that just eternally blasts the cantina music into a C-ROC model
>>
>>51823177
What I found interesting was that they straight up confirmed that Zuckuss-crew will be legal on huge. I half-expected them to put up some errata on that.

But yeah, wake me up when they preview the new scyk-stuff, new cannon and/or Jabba-crew.
>>
>>51823309

Zuck isn't as useful on the C-ROC. You're PS 1 on an epic and have 1 hard point, which may or may not be the turret and have no primary weapon. So Zuckuss will get activated once at the very end of the combat round - and he sucks up a crew slot to do it. It's pretty good considering epic ships don't get a lot of dice mods, but it's not as extreme as say, using him with Dengar who can double tap and usually has PWT 3 at PS9
>>
File: Swx58_spread.png (431KB, 700x432px) Image search: [Google]
Swx58_spread.png
431KB, 700x432px
>>51823288
We all know what Jabba is gonna be though.
>>
>>51823526
Know playtesters.

You are correct.
>>
>>51823309
>new cannon
Don't know what it does, but I can tell you the new cannon is 8 points.
>>
File: 1485990840526.png (254KB, 566x533px) Image search: [Google]
1485990840526.png
254KB, 566x533px
Do you like the fact the Mandos have something like a thousand systems in the new Canon?
>>
>>51823290
Haven't they made a greeting card with a little speaker that plays the cantina music? This would probably be pretty easy to do.
>>
>>51823742
Mandalore had influence over a league of ~2000 independent systems in the Clone Wars, so, sounds pretty much the same
>>
>>51823742
So far we have seen them on 3 or 4?
>>
Are there any asteroid field navigation rules currently? I have my party recovering cargo from a wrecked Space Master medium transport from one, and currently I have it as:
>Average piloting check every round in the asteroid field, with a setback die next round for every threat and boost die for every advantage.
>>
>>51823742
Not until Michael Stackpole is called in to write the Mandalorian Clan Invasion. Smoke Faguar need not apply.
>>
>>51815756
World's WORST 'All-weather' fighter anon. Couldn't fly if it was raining, couldn't fly if it was snowing, couldn't fly if it was foggy, couldn't fly if it was too hot, couldn't fly if there were crosswinds. Looked nice though, I'll give them that.
>>
>>51823609
>>51823526
If he's 2 crew slots like Palpatine, he'll only fit on the Hound's Tooth.

At least until the Han Solo prequel gives us Scum versions of Lando and Han
>>
>>51823685
>more expensive than HLC
It better be really fucking good then
>>
You are given the job of making X-wing, Second Edition even though FFG will never do that because they make more money releasing poorly play test shit and fixing it a year and a half later, what do you do?

Personally
>Make Palp be you have to declare his use before the roll
>Manaroo is range 1-3
>x7 is changed from -2 points to +1 and changed to perform a free evade instead of assign
>Zuccus is in arc only
>Switch Kylo and Vader's crew card abilities
>Give a native boost to both the X-wing and the TIE Advanced
>For every torpedo or missile icon in your upgrade bar, you get 3 free points of that upgrade (perhaps excluding Z95s). For every bomb icon, 2 free points.
>Remove 1 crew slot from the Decimator
>Sabine only works on bombs dropped from the ship she is on.
>Generally make the dials on some of the more recent ships worse and the dials of the oldest ships better
>>
>>51824006
>At least until the Han Solo prequel gives us Scum versions of Lando and Han
Of fuck, they are going to release a third, Scum, Falcon aren't they?
>>
>>51824175
Probably. Unless they release some sort of Most Wanted style pack that has some new ships along with stuff to turn a rebel Falcon into Scum

>>51824144
This is all more in the way of errata than actual changes that would require a Second Edition.
>>
File: mk 1 z95.jpg (267KB, 864x485px) Image search: [Google]
mk 1 z95.jpg
267KB, 864x485px
>>51824175
Scum Han Z-95 when?
>>
File: image.jpg (229KB, 1205x486px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229KB, 1205x486px
>>51823813
Page 254 of AoR
>>
>>51824006
>>51824175

Depends on if Han has the Falcon in the movie.
>>
>>51815402
Because the USAF didn't return my call, and I joined the Navy, but didn't get good enough scores to be fighter so now I'm going to be Helicopters. Would that be the equivalent of Shuttles, Skipray Blastboats, or some kind of S&R?
>>
File: Attack Helicopter.jpg (221KB, 663x936px) Image search: [Google]
Attack Helicopter.jpg
221KB, 663x936px
>>51824322
Search you feelings
>>
>>51824513
[FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>51824513
[FORTUNATE SON INTENSIFIES]
>>
File: dan-mason-foureyescrop.jpg (428KB, 1436x1821px) Image search: [Google]
dan-mason-foureyescrop.jpg
428KB, 1436x1821px
>>51824593
>>51824642
Well huh.
>>
Are there any official stats for using a lightsaber in edge of the empire?
>>
>>51824642
Kek. I actually am going to change my ringtone to either that or For What it's Worth now.
>>
>>51824877
Yes
>>
>>51824910
Ok thanks.
>>
>>51824319
Lando will be using it, but Han will win it from a Pazaak hand and we'll end on him and Chewie flying off into the sunset in her.
>>
File: Pure Sabacc.jpg (1MB, 1299x888px) Image search: [Google]
Pure Sabacc.jpg
1MB, 1299x888px
>>51824916
>Pazaak

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: male helicoptor.jpg (99KB, 691x135px) Image search: [Google]
male helicoptor.jpg
99KB, 691x135px
>>51824513
Now that's an odd mashup of memes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boh92DrYEWs
>>
>>51824966
Ah fuck. I knew I was getting that wrong. But I googled Paz and got a wookiee article on it but fuck. We all know it should be Sabacc.
>>
How do you stat Ranged Heavy? It's Agility and is there anything else?
>>
>>51819833
>>51819790
>>51819690
Grey Jedi are not an organization. There is no such thing as an orthodox grey Jedi, and therefore there is nobody to codify it. Stop trying to make it something it's not.
>>
>>51825067
Gunnery, desu.
>>
>>51825067
Don't listen to >>51825250 since he is fucking dumb. Ranged heavy only uses agility and is for any two-handed blaster. Gunnery is a different skill used for starship weapons and heavy duty weapon emplacements like those turrets on Hoth.
>>
>>51823742

Yeah, am looking to make a New Mandalorian character and the info out of the rebel recon helped get more of a sense of them.
>>
File: qEzQMhO.jpg (396KB, 1302x738px) Image search: [Google]
qEzQMhO.jpg
396KB, 1302x738px
>>51824879
Space Nam is a very good flavour of game.
>>
>>51825467
It's pretty simple.
Mandalorian space is the South.

You have the average fucks who are basically indistinguishable from the average citizens of the galaxy.

You have the hillbillies humping each other in the wilderness, dressing in the old colors and wishing for the good old days when they were a contender to rule the place

And you have the people who outwardly look normal but have the confederate flag on the back of their truck and their white hood stuffed in the back of the closet.
>>
>>51823685
How do you know it is 8?
>>
>>51825992
Episode 8, new canon, duh.
>>
>>51825488
>daily reminder that the war was won militarily, and the area subsequently abandoned by politicians

Is it the Mandalorian Wars or Vietnam? WHO KNOWS!?
>>
>>51826016
>notsureifjokingorretarded.holovid
>>
File: it ain't me.jpg (57KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
it ain't me.jpg
57KB, 600x350px
>>51826056
SOME FOLKS ARE BORN MADE TO WAVE THE FLAG
OOOH, THEY'RE CORELLIAN GREEN
AND WHEN THE BAND PLAYS "HAIL JEDI PRINCE"
OOOH THEY POINT THE CANNON AT YOU LORD
>>
>>51825933

Never thought of it like this, sounds cool, dunno what the Mando version of a southern belle would be but the idea of one is giving me the giggles.
>>
>>51826080
Why not both?
>>
File: sundowner.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sundowner.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>51826166
>Mando version of a southern belle
Imagine Sundowner with tits.
>>
>>51826188

Terrifying, but kek
>>
>>51826166
File too big to post, but this:
http://i.imgur.com/fAe0ZIa.gif

>Pa didn't say I was to be gettin' any suitors today! Let me change out of this armor and freshen up. Would you like a glass of sweet tea while you wait?
>>
File: Mandalorian_wedding.jpg (264KB, 408x536px) Image search: [Google]
Mandalorian_wedding.jpg
264KB, 408x536px
>>51826325
>>
File: naked snake gun scene.jpg (45KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
naked snake gun scene.jpg
45KB, 800x450px
>>51826577
>Mandalorian wedding
That's not a Mandalorian wedding. This is a Mandalorian wedding. Behold, a Mandalorian male holding his bride.
>>
>>51815402
Glasses, asthma.
>>
>>51822296
>trioculus' power isn't : Empire only. Up to 3 times per turn, you may change 1 of your opponent's focus results from defense or attack dice as blank.
>>
>>51826188
>http://i.imgur.com/fAe0ZIa.gif
You better be ready for the Keldabe kiss son
>>
>>51826762
I've seen people with glasses, but sorry about the asthma bro. That one got someone in my OCS class who didn't even know they had it, it was that damn mild.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 203x185px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 203x185px
>Tfw new Rebels episode doesn't throw out old mando'a
>>
>>51826788
Okay. Now I'm getting in shape, and sparring with marines until I'm worthy of her.
>>
File: terminal lance weirdest boner.gif (42KB, 700x355px) Image search: [Google]
terminal lance weirdest boner.gif
42KB, 700x355px
>>51826860
The Marines are part of your competition, anon.
>>
>>51826166
>>51826325
>tfw ywn be forced to marry at gunpoint the qt mando girl you deflowered
>ywn get married in borrowed armor because her father's a stickler for tradition
>ywn actually end up falling for her completely after the wedding
>>
>>51826877
Yeah, but I'm willing to bet that the Marines that can fly can't fight as well.

>mfw I might use my OCS training
>>
>>51826777
I get it.
>>
>>51826909
REMEMBER THE BASICS OF MCMAPS, LT.ANON
>>
>>51826886
Her buire might both try to give you a Keldabe handshake
>>
>>51826946
ENS Anon actually. I got two and a half years before I get LT.
>>
File: latest-8.jpg (82KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
latest-8.jpg
82KB, 1024x576px
So my player's just killed the Emperor by ramming the Executor into his palace on Imperial Center not sure where to go from this.
>>
>>51827005
Warlords, son.
>>
>>51827005
Clones and possessions son. Worked with the first Emperor, it can work for you.

Also, how in the FUCK did they get ahold of the Executor?
>>
>>51827005
Vader starts hunting them down for revenge.
>>
File: mandalorian marital aid.png (168KB, 880x381px) Image search: [Google]
mandalorian marital aid.png
168KB, 880x381px
>>51826886
>Mando girl
>Being deflowered
She'll be the one deflowering you, anon.
>>
>>51827005
They're heroes of the Rebellion. Go from there.
>>
>>51827033
Vader starts hunting them down to thank them, before heading off to Byss to kill off all of Palpie's clones.
>>
>>51827005
Five years later, a fleet of ISD I's emerge from the Unknown Regions...
>>
File: This Makes Me Moist.jpg (50KB, 798x840px) Image search: [Google]
This Makes Me Moist.jpg
50KB, 798x840px
>>51827047
>>
>>51827047
It could be both
>>
File: TIEInt.jpg (11KB, 350x248px) Image search: [Google]
TIEInt.jpg
11KB, 350x248px
>>51827025
They let themselves get captured in order to carry out a suicide mission to kill Vader but didn't know that he was on Mustafar. One thing led to another and one of the player's mindtricked the navigator into forcing the astrogation navigator into going into hyperspace with out charting a course. They just so happened to be pointing at Imperial Center.
>>51827033
>>51827060
>>51827104
Hmm I thought about Thrawn but I doubt I am smart enough to use him in a story. Never thought about Vader trying to hunt them down. Would Vader had been able to take over the Empire had the Emperor been killed and the Imperial Center destroyed?
>>
>>51827213
Even when a Mando woman is a virgin, she is doing the deflowering anon
>>
>>51827232
>Would Vader had been able to take over the Empire had the Emperor been killed and the Imperial Center destroyed?
He'd become a warlord just like the rest, Raptor Commandos all day every day.
>>
>>51827232
Remember that, unless the players try to take control, they probably won't see stuff directly, so you don't need to worry about figuring out all the political details. And they'll probably be on the run, because thousands, possibly including Vader, will want them dead.
>>
>>51827232
>Would Vader had been able to take over the Empire had the Emperor been killed
Questionable. Probably yes, if Tarkin is dead.

>and Imperial Center destroyed?
Even more likely. The various sycophants of good Ol' Sheev on Coruscant would be some of Vader's most difficult adversaries if he attempted to rule.
>>
>>51827047
>>51827213
>>51827262
>awkward keldabe farmgirl trying to do her best to act "mandolorian" in bed with her boyfriend for their first time
>she has no idea what exactly she's doing but by the end he can barely walk even so
>>
>>51827232

Vader could be Emperor and is Death Star II around? Add warlords and a new Republic rising and you've got one glorious dumpster fire of a galaxy
>>
>>51827232
You can always try Warlord Zsinj. Quite honestly he was a very good villain, especially considering the focus on logistics and being willing to cut and run instead of fight on unfavorable conditions.
>>
>>51827005
How the fuck did they survive?
>>
File: mfw that mustache.png (696KB, 769x720px) Image search: [Google]
mfw that mustache.png
696KB, 769x720px
>>51827357
>Attempt to offer mustache ride to Mandalorian girl
>She knifehands you because your mustache hairs is out of regulations
>>
>>51827357
Too bad the /swlg/ died a long time ago, or I'd tell you to request it there
>>
File: tumblr_ohadkwnDvC1sv8hhio1_1280.jpg (489KB, 718x1437px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohadkwnDvC1sv8hhio1_1280.jpg
489KB, 718x1437px
>>51827357

Ok, "Doing it in the manner of the Mandolorians" is now a standard euphemism in my games. It joins "Hutt kisses" and "Twi'lek rodeo".
>>
>>51826577
>Shotgun wedding in Mandalorian space means using brand new Trandoshan shotguns instead of rings as signs of matrimony
Are shotguns common in Star Wars? Seems like it's all pistols and rifles
>>
>>51827375
Escape pods and one of the players used their super skill forgot which one that lets you escape trouble. Also it happened during ESB so Death Star 2 is probably still being built.
>>51827327
>>51827359
>>51827373
Actually the real question is would Vader even try to take over or would he just try to find his son and go into retirement? I'll look into this warlord guy.
>>
>>51827450

Explain all these expressions, with diagrams
>>
File: Flechette Launcher.png (472KB, 1472x832px) Image search: [Google]
Flechette Launcher.png
472KB, 1472x832px
>>51827529
Its...like a shotgun...that fires exploding shells.
>>
>>51827529
Conventional shotguns are still Legends. RepCom's ACP Array Gun, however, is canon due to showing up in TCW.
>>
>>51827529
>"Shotguns? I didn't think anyone used projectile weapons anymore."
-RC-1138 "Boss", Delta Squad

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Accelerated_Charged_Particle_Array_Gun
It appeared in the Clone Wars series, too.
>>
>>51827565
Vader and Son? Depends on what point in the timeline, if he even knew he existed. Just Vader? Attempts to bind everyone into his control, which would probably lead to a somewhat lesser breakup than that which followed in the GOOD expanded universe. Isard would probably still be a threat, but not in control, various warlords and independent worlds are too chicken to try for it since the direct successor to the Empire is still there, or would at least bind together into fewer but larger groups.
>>
>>51827398
>ywn troll your mando waifu's First Sergeant father by arriving to pick her up for every date with a medium-reg that's exactly a half inch too long and deliberately giving an incorrect greeting of the day
>>
>>51827689
>ywn challenge him to single combat for leadership of the family when he tries to separate you two
>>
File: Jabba-ROTJ.jpg (263KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Jabba-ROTJ.jpg
263KB, 1920x816px
>>51827571
Can't do diagrams because this is a worksafe board.

"Hutt Kisses" is basically french kissing, but for the orifice of your choice.

"Twi'lek Rodeo" is where you're doing a twi'lek friend from behind, but then you grab her head-tubes and stick your appendage of choice into her tertiary cloaca, and see how long you can hang on.
>>
>>51827450
MandAorians, Anon.
>>
File: 977011[1].gif (4MB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
977011[1].gif
4MB, 400x200px
>>51827783
>tertiary cloaca
>>
File: Dissapointed.png (184KB, 350x352px) Image search: [Google]
Dissapointed.png
184KB, 350x352px
>>51827835
All the weirdness going on, and /that's/ what you choose to nitpick?

Fair enough, I suppose.
>>
File: mando.jpg (295KB, 1200x772px) Image search: [Google]
mando.jpg
295KB, 1200x772px
>>51825933
MANDALORE WILL RISE AGAIN
>>
>>51827783
>>51827873

Tertiary cloaca... I was joking about diagrams but now...

>>51827835

Forgot an L
>>
>>51827894
There's nothin' weird about a Mando gal getting wed to her betrothed. Just 'cause it's her first cousin doesn't mean it's not beautiful.
>>
File: ride eternal shiny and chrome.jpg (40KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
ride eternal shiny and chrome.jpg
40KB, 500x492px
>>51827955
You are awaited in the Manda, anon. Ride eternal, shiny, and beskar.
>>
File: 1422565555291[1].jpg (30KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
1422565555291[1].jpg
30KB, 876x493px
>>51827977
Fack.
>>
File: 1455654683945.jpg (72KB, 562x530px) Image search: [Google]
1455654683945.jpg
72KB, 562x530px
Big thanks to the anon(s?) who continue to update the 1d4chan page. Really hope someone adds recommended builds for the rebel ships, since I'm still new to the game and suck ass at determining useful builds.
>>
>>51827955
OYA NER VODE
>>
>>51828022
1d4chan page updater here. I'm still new to playing rebels, only got into them last week, so I don't feel very confident giving recommended builds for them, and I don't have any scum at all.

Anyone want to contribute? I know some of you play rebels
>>
>>51827977
Trust me anon, you don't want to know. Alien genitals can be... very unusual. Fun, but unusual.

I recommend creating a few random tables, and adding damage modifiers if required.
>>
File: penny arcade-wookiees.jpg (1006KB, 1948x1110px) Image search: [Google]
penny arcade-wookiees.jpg
1006KB, 1948x1110px
>>51828074
>damage modifiers
>>
>>51827565
Zjinsj is also one of the few Warlords to make his own non-Stormtrooper elite soldies, because they're everywhere I guess?

I believe that Cracken's Threat Dossier (WEG D6) has info on him/them.
>>
File: 1487200118882 (1).jpg (143KB, 940x1271px) Image search: [Google]
1487200118882 (1).jpg
143KB, 940x1271px
>>51828004
Pfft. As if their armor is shiny even when new.
>>
File: mandalore the preserver.jpg (97KB, 591x780px) Image search: [Google]
mandalore the preserver.jpg
97KB, 591x780px
>>51828110
u avin a giggle, m8
>>
>>51828062
I don't, but my brother does. Not sure how effective his build are in tournamnet tier, but he's got a few solid loadouts that he usually runs:

The most maneuverable T-70 ever:
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!198:27,-1,148,204:39:20:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
The most annoying goddamn Y-Wing ever:
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!8:135,-1,-1,-1:-1:26:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

Someone that actually plays higher level will have to confirm if they are garbage or not.
>>
File: crickets-e1317678490755.gif (10KB, 250x168px) Image search: [Google]
crickets-e1317678490755.gif
10KB, 250x168px
>>51828092
Exactly. And that's just a size increase.
>>
>>51828074
All I know is that ithorians have two dicks... and probably two vaginal canals.
>>
>>51828062
All I can think of to recommend is Nien Nunb + Stay on Target + Targeting Astro + Pattern Analyzer combo for T-70s and Jan Ors + TLT + Decoy for an HWK.
>>
File: top gun helmets.jpg (228KB, 900x1315px) Image search: [Google]
top gun helmets.jpg
228KB, 900x1315px
>>51828132
Fun fact: every Corellian male's "helmet" has its own unique coloration
>>
>>51828031
Dha Werda Verda
brother
>>
>>51828074

Lol, don't think that thing will happen at our table anytime soon but like the way you manage it. Seems a shame we won't start a session with a minor crit and a downtime story.

Never really thought of alien uglies apart from Twileks since they're supposed to be human compatible
>>
>>51828182
"Human compatible" is pretty damn broad. You really just need a manipulator and an erogenous zone. A pocket is also handy.

Visiting an scum-space brothel, instantly fading to black, and dropping a phrase like "tertiary cloaca" is an excellent way to remind your players that this is an alien setting. No need to get graphic about it.

>>51828132
Yeah, but do you know about the fine fibrous tendrils on the end, or the peristaltic action, or the glow-in-the-dark residue, or the acidic reflux?

It's a complicated world out there. Stay safe. Keep a spill kit and some band-aids by the bedside.
>>
>>51828181
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arE05kDaDVc
>>
>>51828062
If you don't know that much...don't try updating it.
>>
>>51828161
Daily reminder that Goose was the actual protagonist of Top Gun.
>>
File: Shaeeah.png (386KB, 570x777px) Image search: [Google]
Shaeeah.png
386KB, 570x777px
>>51828241
Compatible enough for hybrid babies
>>
File: scout.jpg (347KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scout.jpg
347KB, 1920x1080px
>>51828295
>racemixing
w-what if the emperor finds outs
>>
>>51828271
>"Hey guys, I'm not going to do this thing because I don't know enough to do it well."
>"Then don't do it if you don't do it well."
4chan: Where people will tell you not to do things you just said you wouldn't do, just to make themselves feel superior.
>>
File: 1485478000859.gif (692KB, 432x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485478000859.gif
692KB, 432x250px
>>51828333
Do not worrys, Skwisgaar. We wills scampers away into the nights likes we always do.
>>
File: 1480555287825.jpg (37KB, 587x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480555287825.jpg
37KB, 587x800px
>>51828295
Oh yeah, hybrids are easy enough. They're usually sterile though (like mules).

The farther you drift, the less likely it becomes. A human /might/ be able to create a half-hutt, but going full insectoid might require the expertise of a cloner or gene-shaper. Some couples will happily pay for the privilege.
>>
>>51828241

Twileks and humans can have kids, so was wondering that way.

But get what you say, it's a good way to have a giggle and remember that after all those drinks at the cantina you're as likely to have a story involving something from the creature shop as you are a Tonnika sister.
>>
File: sad.jpg (84KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
84KB, 500x481px
>>51828372
I understand hating the ugly/hairy aliens
but why do we gotta hate the hot one too doesn't the emperor realize that i have a dick
>>
>>51828424

The Emperor is cool about it, just them ISB corkblockers you have to worry about
>>
File: tanoo-choorat-illusionist-01.jpg (304KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
tanoo-choorat-illusionist-01.jpg
304KB, 1200x1800px
>>51828394
It's also that people just don't care in the setting.

It's like cannibalism in Star Wars. People are too busy to worry if the last words of the meat they're eating were "Moo?" or "No, please, I swear I've got the money."

The galaxy is too big and too messy to worry about who's fucking or eating whom. Only the Empire cares about that, and they're... weird. Weird and obsessive. And repressed.
>>
>>51828485
Laserhawk-anon, is that you?
>>
File: 1470033620246.jpg (74KB, 690x1158px) Image search: [Google]
1470033620246.jpg
74KB, 690x1158px
>>51828517
Of course it's me. What's up?
>>
>>51828533
You're easy to spot, you creepy weird faggot you.
>>
File: 1315970631424.jpg (55KB, 704x524px) Image search: [Google]
1315970631424.jpg
55KB, 704x524px
>>51828573
Oh, no doubt.

How's your yeggis? Is it deliciously soggy and gritty?
>>
>>51828620
Incredibly.
>>
>>51828680
>>
File: Desert_Town_.jpg (262KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Desert_Town_.jpg
262KB, 1280x960px
>>51828727
>>
>>51828680
Oh good.

Anyway, I've got a blog now, and I'm occasionally putting up stuff on there, so it doesn't get lost in the churn of /tg/.

>>51823267

If you've got ideas for stuff to write about, let me know.
>>
File: dark souls 2 mirror knight.jpg (343KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 2 mirror knight.jpg
343KB, 1280x720px
What are some good Souls-y/Bloodbornesque names and concepts for bosses found in ancient Jedi and Sith ruins? And before anyone asks, yes, I've already got a list that includes WWE wrestler nicknames.
>>
>>51828485

If I'm not mistaken, Canonically there was a case where both happened in a single night. Inter-species followed by ritual disembowelling.
>>
>>51828788
Lord Razer, the edgiest Sith who ever was.
>>
>>51828809
Edgier than That's No Moonman?
>>
>>51828788
Oooh, time go proper Pulp Sci-Fi.

The Flayer

Cursed Earth

Touchstone and Ruination

Fleshbinder

The Many-Legged One

Bilious Beast

The South Wind

Ozentrop, Master of Mysteries

The Beguiling One

Lightbringer
>>
>>51828812
Did I fucking stutter?
>>
>>51828797
No doubt. See, in a lot of species, the "eat a lot of food because we're about to lay eggs" instinct is very strong. And you've got a partner who has just done their part and is, more or less, useless...

It's /very/ important for brothels to do their research before admitting a client. Alternatively, there's a hefty deposit and a new job posting in the morning.
>>
File: maul[1].jpg (162KB, 1000x584px) Image search: [Google]
maul[1].jpg
162KB, 1000x584px
>>51828809
That's Lord Razer Deathbringer the Black to you.

Nothing personal.
>>
File: nagato-thumbs up.jpg (22KB, 286x260px) Image search: [Google]
nagato-thumbs up.jpg
22KB, 286x260px
>>51828824
Cheers, anon. Thanks for the input.
>>
File: 1276411668073.jpg (105KB, 944x1299px) Image search: [Google]
1276411668073.jpg
105KB, 944x1299px
>>51829044
No problem.

Remember to do proper Dark Souls design. Pick a movement archetype (human, crawling, flying, leaping, prowling, burrowing, etc.), one or two attack archetypes, and some nice terrain features, and potentially multiple victory conditions. Make the boss "learnable".
>>
File: HiredGuns.jpg (168KB, 1000x732px) Image search: [Google]
HiredGuns.jpg
168KB, 1000x732px
>>51821681
I really don't have any good answers for mold lines. Just do the best you can with an x-acto knife. A lot of times I miss mold lines until something is primed, and when that's the case, I just paint anyway (pic related).

Even with mold lines, or unfilled gaps, or really basic, amateur paint jobs, the figures look much better painted than unpainted.
>>
>>51828788
The Ultimate Jedi Who Wastes All the Other Jedi and Eats Their Bones

https://soundcloud.com/rcjohnso/the-ultimate-jedi-who-wastes-all-the-other-jedi-and-eats-their-bones
>>
Where does your Inquisitor make his lair?
>>
>>51830425
Inquisitors don't have lairs, they're on the hunt.
>>
File: 1463439300933.jpg (185KB, 900x684px) Image search: [Google]
1463439300933.jpg
185KB, 900x684px
>>51830514
Where are you supposed to drag captives for interrogation then? Where can you get a proper brood on?
>>
>>51830425
My inquisitor has a small, government-owned flat on Imperial Center. It has spartan accommodations and is kept tidy by a loyal protocol droid.

Just like James Bond.
>>
>>51830574
He doesn't. Either interrogations occur in the field or the captives are turned over to one of the various intelligence organizations for processing.

And brooding can happen anywhere.
>>
>>51830631
Bah. Where's the Space Opera in that? This is the same Empire who refuses to put handrails on anything, builds 19km destroyers and 160km wide battlestations, and employs Raith Sienar.

>>51830611
Sean Connery James Bond, Roger Moore James Bond, Daniel Craig James Bond, or god help us all, Jeremy Clarkson James Bond?
>>
>>51830679
I'll take one of the last with a side of James Mayneypenny
>>
>>51830679
You forgot one: George Lazenby.

Also, the correct answer here is the literary Bond, as written by Fleming. I can't remember in which movie we see Moorebond's apartment, but it's probably the closest to the books. Just without May, his caretaker.
>>
>>51830708
And Richard Hammond as Felix Leiter.
>>
>>51830734
I couldn't figure out how to make a pun of his name either.
>>
File: Inquisitor Generator.png (479KB, 1924x565px) Image search: [Google]
Inquisitor Generator.png
479KB, 1924x565px
>>51830772
The joke is that he's american.

And we all know that americans are too stupid to appreciate puns.
>>
File: TEARS MORGAN.gif (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
TEARS MORGAN.gif
2MB, 1000x1000px
>>51830831
Is that you Mr. Morgan?
>>
>>51830869
Nope. I'm afraid I only troll in a gentle, well-meaning way, when the thread is slow and I've got nothing better to do.
>>
>>51814995
>I'd recommend half-assing a D&D 3.5 conversion like every other bitch motherfucker
WotC already did this.
>>
>>51830425
Whichever local Imperial facility is suitable and convenient. Much to the chagrin of the commanding officer who is suddenly having his operations interrupted by an angry space wizard.
>>
>>51814766
D6 does Star Wars combat better in my opinion, FFG characters seem by RAW to be complete blaster sponges that need to be blasted until unconscious and then blasted 5 more times to kill them.
>>
>>51830927
I can act indignant and spam you with image macros if it'd make you feel better. Either that or post possibly unpopular opinions.

>implying that episode 7 is better than the prequels
>>
>>51831003
That's because PCs aren't meant to die easily. They're meant to be DEFEATED, but not killed. It's playing to the tone of most Star Wars media.
>>
File: 1485877996727.jpg (34KB, 564x824px) Image search: [Google]
1485877996727.jpg
34KB, 564x824px
>>51831007
Nah, that's ok, thanks. Things seem to be picking up. We might even get a very minor edition war. An edition skirmish? An edition diplomatic fracas?

>>51831002
It's always a wonderful day in a bureaucrat's life when an angry space wizard shows up. All those carefully laid plans about taxation and trade routes get thrown out the window when the Inquisitor /demands/ you dispatch six of your Star Destroyers to hunt down one rebel, or when he commandeers a legion of your finest troops to reactivate an ancient superweapon on the Acid Moon of Squalch.

Luckily, the Empire has a separate (secret) pay system for officers dealing with an Inquisitor. It also comes with very generous payments to your family, should you perish serving the Empire.
>>
>>51831012
Usually defeat is through the means of being literally unwinnable than through a straight contest of arms. Also, FFG's ruling of characters going unconscious after exceeding their wound threshold seems pretty counter-intuitive to that purpose, it's hard to be heroic when you're asleep.
>>
File: Damage.jpg (87KB, 610x543px) Image search: [Google]
Damage.jpg
87KB, 610x543px
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Wzwk2

Does /seg/ think this will ever make it in any shape or form in Nucanon? I would love a Maul game.

Personally I'm holding out hope for something, but I'm not optimistic nor am I expecting anything, sadly.
>>
>>51831178
*swg
>>
>>51831178
EA's working on a Star Wars game with some kind of story focus, it's probably not based on Maul though. If I had to guess I'd say it's probably going to be some new attempt at 1313.
>>
File: sheev scream.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sheev scream.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>Light Side of the Force
>>
>>51831167
The PCs are knocked unconcious, and awaken in an Imperial prison, and have to escape; super common trope all throughout Star Wars media.

Or the space pirates leave your characters for dead, stripping their ship of everything valuable, and they awaken drifting dead in space, having to scrabble to get systems operating before their now empty ship careens into an asteroid field.

There's plenty you can do with PCs being knocked out. Dying is the lamest option unless it's dramatically appropriate.
>>
>>51830679
>This is the same Empire who refuses to put handrails on anything
Damn it, Vader throws the Emperor OVER the handrail!
>>
File: Zann_Consortium_fleet_MPQ.png (1MB, 1203x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Zann_Consortium_fleet_MPQ.png
1MB, 1203x1023px
What does /swg/ think about the Zann Consortium fleet? Since they appear in EotE, do you think we might see them in X-Wing/Armada?
I can probably at least imagine pilot cards for the StarViper for X-Wing. Maybe we'll see Buzz Droids as a bomb too
>>
>>51831487
Obviously handrails are a sign of opulence and decadence, since they are seen nowhere but in the chambers the Emperor holds.
>>
>>51831598
Nah man the lack of them on the original Death Star is part of Galen's sabotage. He knows that poor worker safety can topple empires
>>
>>51831243
From what I heard, it was a young Han Solo smuggler game 4/5ths completed, that would have played out like the Uncharted series.

But Lucasfilm but the squash on it including Han, 'cause of the imminent young Han movie, so the game had to be ripped apart and redone as a generic Non-Solo.

They'll get it done, eventually.

I really hope you play as Cassian instead.
>>
>>51831698

I mean, I can imagine a man being so petty that the thought of Imperial engineers plummeting to their deaths due to lack of workplace safety keeps him warm at night.
>>
>>51831003

On the other hand, it kinda feels like you go from zero to unconscious in seconds. Combat has felt pretty rocket-tag-y in the campaign I'm in, with people generally going down for the scene in a matter of two shots.
>>
>>51831777
In my campaign I've got some high level (just under 300xp) characters who are almost entirely combat focused, the tank of the party has 13 effective soak against blasters as well as 5 defence all round so blaster sponge is very appropriate.
>>
>>51831869

Man our combat-y characters have Soak 6 (Brawn plus 2-soak armors) and we're at like 160XP.
>>
>>51831900
Droid Gadgeteer/Marauder, probably best tank build in the game.
>>
>>51831925

I feel like if you take the strongest tank build in the game and focus on becoming an indestructible wall of meat, complaining afterwards that the character is a blaster sponge is kind of weird. Yopu chose this, WEGfag. This is what your hubris has wrought.
>>
>>51815603
Hey Jhin, what's up?
>>
>>51831732
Why do people love Han so much? Every single character in the OT was more interesting than him.
>>
File: Tam_Posla.png (893KB, 518x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tam_Posla.png
893KB, 518x720px
>>51832053
Adding to that, some potentially well written and interesting characters never make it to a screen.
>>
>>51832053
Because he was the only character with any personality thanks to Ford ignoring the script entirely.
>>
I'm about to gm my first EotE game (also my first swrpg) and have a question.

A pc wants to take advantage of the force sensitive specialization found towards the back of the book. He wants to make force sensitivity a part of his backstory, which I thought was interesting, and gave him the go ahead and treated it like the book treats adding any specialty.

My question ends up being this: Is a pc starting the game with some force sensitivity uncommon? I want to make sure I'm handling the force with a certain gravitas that fits within the universe.
>>
>>51832353

It's not really any kind of problem. And spending starting character XP in a spec instead of characteristics actually hurts a bunch.

Honestly, if he really wants to start with force sensitivity, even starting with one of the least esoteric Force and Destiny classes would be reasonable.
>>
>>51832414
Thanks for the response.

So far two of my pcs have taken on extra obligations to get some more starting xp. Which seems reasonable to me and honestly will make it more exciting to put those into play. But I'm worried all the pcs will end up doing this. I suppose it's not that big of a problem.

And in regards to your second point, for simplicity, I'm trying to keep everything in this first campaign centered around EotE. Definitely something to consider though.
>>
>>51832306
>he was the only character with any personality
That isn't even correct in Episode 4...

Vader, Leia, Obi-Wan, Tarkin, R2, 3P0, Luke (though a bit whiny) all had very distinct personality.
>>
>>51832353
>Is a pc starting the game with some force sensitivity uncommon
It's more common than a character developing force sensitivity during play.
>>
>>51832436
>So far two of my pcs have taken on extra obligations to get some more starting xp. Which seems reasonable to me and honestly will make it more exciting to put those into play. But I'm worried all the pcs will end up doing this
I've run multiple campaigns for multiple different groups and I've never encountered a player who doesn't take on extra obligation.
>>
>>51832353
>Is a pc starting the game with some force sensitivity uncommon?
What is more uncommon is having an entire group of PCs and no one deciding they want to be the special force user.
>>
Me and my gaming buddies started playing pic related, and we find it to be too hard for us
jaja, we suck, whatever. fuck you.
can any of you suggest some good way to make it easier? we are already going to rescale it for one less player than party size, are there any other reasonable ways to shave off the difficulty without making it too easy?
>>
>>51832799
forgot pic, derp.
>>
>>51831510

StarViper needs some fucking help and the M-2 reft in MPQ is pretty interesting.
>>
>>51832053

I read the Han Solo Trilogy at a formative age.
>>
>>51815402

Because I'm British and we can't afford planes anymore.
>>
>>51830723
>You forgot one: George Lazenby.

Georgy Lazenby was James Bond in the same way that Lionel Hutz gives free consulations no money down.

Lazenby did NOT pick up that Bond is supposed to be a collossal dick. Like a completely heartless bastard.
So what we got was a good film, but it wasn't a bond film. It was, to be honest more The Avengers film that we deserved but CERTAINLY never got.

Best Bond is Connery anyway. Followed by either Craig or Dalton who I give props for trying to shake up a stale formula.
>>
>>51822866
A bunch of my old PCs actually ran a Wookie and Trandoshan Jedi in the same party. As it was set at the height of the Old Republic, they had grown up as really good friends - the racial tensions between their species were just a thing that was academically taught by the Order.
Having to face up to the reality of their culture when they became padawans and ventured out into the real galaxy was their major character arc through the campaign - worked out pretty well.
>>
>>51832799

Well, to be honest once you get some XP under your belt you should notice the game begin to get a lot easier on account of the fact that HotAC was balanced at a certain point in X-Wings lifecycle and FFG have added a LOT more completely broken low PS abilities for your pilots to make retarded combo's off of since then.

I mean christ. Consider Sabines ability is accessable for an A-Wing pilot who reaches PS5. That skill alone is only balanced because they haven't yet put her in anything ridiculously maneouverable aside from the TIE-Fighter.
Basically, once you get some XP you can set up some ridiculous multi-EPT/Pilot Ability combos that SHOULD enable you to break the game over your knee.

Like an X-Wing with Stay on Target, Sabine, Norra Wexley and Keyans Pilot Abilities and a Targeting Astromech.
>>
>>51832799
Are you sure you are reading the symbols right? With our group the guy in charge of interpreting the imperial deployments produced some pretty erratic outcomes. For example for the assault on the refueling station he launched three bombers and three advanced (too many craft for four players), but he gave them no abilities or ordnance so they were still curbstomped.

Some tactical advice (at least until you get your wombo combo going):

1. Stick together. Your luck will eventually run out, so make sure a team mate is nearby to cover your ass when that happens.

2. If possible, try to engage only one enemy group with your whole team at the start of the mission.

3. Always try to fight as few imperials at once as possible. You are far more likely to survive three 3v3 engagements than one 3v9 engagement.

4. Cycle the Y- and B-Wings in and out. They can take a beating, so they are very good for those times you need somebody to fly through hell to deliver some ordnance. But once they take that beating they need somebody to cover them or they are going to go down easy.

5. If you don't fly an X-Wing, ordnance is your friend.
>>
>>51832436
>And in regards to your second point, for simplicity, I'm trying to keep everything in this first campaign centered around EotE. Definitely something to consider though.

Mostly I meant that if he starts with a F&D class, he gets the Force Rating 1 without having to buy the Sensitive spec (in exchange, F&D classes have less skills), which actually should be less complicated, and he doesn't have to carry around the Exile spec, which is not the most inspiring of things, solely to get the Force entrance.

What is the character's role and/or current carrer and spec, out of curiosity?
>>
>>51833174
so either grind the first missions and retreating in time or increase starting xp...

>>51833924
the thing is that, at least as we experienced it, the game seems to be designed around always rolling above average, since the ai is good enough to always catch up fairly soon. a round without a kill pretty much spells doom - so rolling bad, which WILL happen eventually, is not an option. and you can only modify yoru dice so much...
>>
>>51831869
What the fuck WEGfag is playing ffg? What the fuck is this madness!?!?!?!?!?!??!
>>
>>51834401
It's almost like people in this general are cool with playing multiple systems or have groups with different system preferences than them.
>>
>>51834423

>people are reasonable and well rounded
No that cant be the case, dont be ridiculous anon.
>>
Guys, I need some suggestions of ships to populate the background of my sessions with.

Im building some basic space backgrounds for the party as they enter systems, land at stations, etc. To that end, I want to populate them with some various ships.

Ive got a good selection of Rebel and Imperial ships of course, but now Im trying to come up with some 'unaffiliated' ship designs to throw about, Im drawing an absolute blank on what to go with.
>>
>>51835036
New thread here as this ones about to archive
>>51835060
>>
>>51814766
>PCs take ridiculously long to die and react to blaster fire while incapacitated about as well as to multiple missiles.

It's fairly easy to incap someone in FFG but hard to kill them.

>Alternatively, is there a more-or-less official homebrew rule for making combat more lethal? This seems like some strong shenanigans.
Lower the crit ratings of enemy attacks and add the vicious quality to them, and your players will start falling out pretty quick.
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 103

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.