[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 29

File: Orcs.jpg (148KB, 1288x852px) Image search: [Google]
Orcs.jpg
148KB, 1288x852px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>New Unearthed Arcana: Warlocks and Wizards.
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/20170213_Wizrd_Wrlck_UAv2_i48nf.pdf
>Don't forget to fill out the official survey for Sorcerers.
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/ede55d46dded

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Last Session >>51803605
>>
KOBOLD DRAGON HUNTING PARTY
>>
File: PS_Kaladesh_Pyromancer.png (16KB, 321x283px) Image search: [Google]
PS_Kaladesh_Pyromancer.png
16KB, 321x283px
>>51809035
Someone should really add the new Planeshift to the OP.

>http://media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/Plane-Shift_Kaladesh.pdf
>>
Anyone have cool ideas for a Gunsmith Artificer? I'm thinking a Kobold with a dragon obsession but I'm wondering if there's something better.
>>
>>51809069
An elf intent who hates how much his race relies on magic and how mages have power over non-mages and wants to equalize the scales by bringing powerful, non-magical weapons and tools usable by anybody.

>>51809065
Nah, it should be added to the mega.
>>
Thoughts on a 3 level fighter dip for valor bard?
>>
>>51809035
Anyone fuck around with that Maztica homebrew on the GM's Guild?
>>
>>51809107
Depends on the character. Mechanically it could be fine.
>>
>>51809107
>losing out of magical secrets
if you really dont expect to get to a high level then i'm sure it's fine as long as you aren't your party's only caster.
>>
>>51809069
You are the tiny kobold who WILL slay the dragon by any means necessary.

Your large gun compensates for your small size. Perfect character concept.
>>
>>51809047
Sounds pretty fun/10

I'd still follow the houserule though that for every size greater, the pushback is halved. So you have 5ft pushback against a large creature, you have to hit twice to pushback/pull a huge creature, you'd have to hit four times to pushback/pull a gargantuan creature 5ft.
>>
>>51809020
>It's not retarded, it's RAI.

Jesus Christ, if I had to respect race restriction regarding battleragers, I'd kill myself
>>
Megaanon, are you here?
>>
>>51809231
If you play in the Forgotten Realms setting, then kill yourself.
>>
>>51809020
RAW actually says 'you might want to lift this restriction for campaigns outside of the sword coast' or whatever. Something like that.

But honestly I wouldn't allow non-elf bladesingers because I just don't fucking like bladesingers.
>>
>>51809219
That sounds like a good idea, but too heavy on the nerf. I'd halve it for every size bigger than large.
>>
>>51809135
>>51809124
>>51809107
Conceptually a frontline fighter with magical support and utility. I know it's weaker than a straight up fighter in a combat sense.
>>
I've got a player who wants to put a bayonet on the end of his crossbow. Would letting him pay 50gp-100gp in exchange for being able to make dagger attacks with it unbalance anything?
>>
>>51809363

Why not go Eldritch Knight?
>>
>>51809376
>unbalance anything?

Other than the crossbow?
>>
>>51809379
Not caster enough, and I want a decent charisma.
>>
>>51809399
I really don't care to much about it being realistic I'm just wondering if there's any weird exploits being able to make a proficient melee attack with a ranged weapon for 1d4+DEX could lead to.
>>
>>51809022

the idea is that he's engaged in a fight with a party member, and then I pour the acid, retard. I'd demonstrate how easy that is in real life, but I don't want to fuck someone up with acid.

Why the fuck would anyone with mage hand be in melee range tanking hits while they try to cast?
>>
>>51809315
I'd say it kind of depends.

If you're in a campaign with lots of closed environments, repelling blast isn't quite as strong.

If you're in a campaign with lots of open environments and with a ranged team, repelling blast, especially on a sorlock, is incredibly powerful already.
>>
>>51809420
Just make it so that he can't fire the crossbow into people he's impaled. Or if he does so, the roll has a penalty to hit but does more damage. The penalty being that you're, you know, using a ranged weapon in melee.
>>
>>51809414

well, I suppose that if you're using your reactions for Attacks of Opportunities, Valor Bard makes sense for a 3 level dip over Lore, I guess

>>51809420

What type of class is this player?
>>
>>51809420
As long as he doesn't try to lawyer his way into using Sharpshooter and/or Great Weapon Master with it, it should be fine.
>>
>>51809047
>Wild Mage

why
>>
File: Paladin.jpg (386KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Paladin.jpg
386KB, 1920x1080px
Guys I could use some advice on spreading religion:

We were running a Eberron campaign and while everyone else in the party was killed, my Paladin was turned to stone. After this session we decided a new campaign was in order and I brought said Paladin back as I felt the idea of a Paladin from a far-off age finding his god completely forgotten in a new world he does not recognize would make for a fun character to play, so we de-stoned him and set him loose in a new universe where the basic Forgotten Realms pantheon is the norm.

Right now my character is really only preaching to townsfolk and searching libraries for information on magical artifacts that sound like they may be related to his god (Dol Arrah). I'm a little annoyed at my GM being unwilling to let our party gain renown from the deeds we do, and that makes me feel like there's little I can do to make Dol Arrah great again. I'm wondering what you guys would do in this situation.
>>
>>51809376
A player came around a couple of days ago saying they wanted to refluff their crossbow 5ft attacks as bayonet-based.

Don't nerf them for wanting to refluff. Allow them to essentially attach a shortsword that allows them to make bonus action attacks as per crossbow expert, and let them do it for free (or a bit of money if you're really stingy).

.. And make it count as a ranged weapon, still, making a ranged attack.

Or, I guess you can nerf the damage to 1d4 just to represent daggering, it's only a -1 damage.
>>
>>51809445
>I'd demonstrate how easy that is in real life but i would then discover how retarded i am

dude, watch some fencing and imagine trying to underhand throw a water balloon to hit a specific target. Shit aint so easy.
>>
>>51809498

I'd say sure, he can do improvised melee weapon attacks at this with a d4. Does not add proficiency to this attack, nor does he add disadvantage
>>
>>51809500

if two guys are fencing in real life it would probably hard as fuck for me to hit one with a bow, and not the other one, and yet the rules allow it
>>
>>51809420
Declare that the bayonet is a light melee weapon. The main issue would then be that he can make opportunity attacks while wielding a ranged weapon, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

>>51809500
But don't you know that melee combatants stand in place and hit each others' armor every 6 seconds?
>>
>>51809484
He's a Kobold Rogue.

>>51809488
I've already told him I'm not going down that path no matter what.

>>51809498
Once he picks up Crossbow Expert I have no problem letting him refluff the 5 foot Crossbow attack into anything he wants but for now I feel like a slight decrease in damage gives more reason to pick it up.
>>
>>51809107

IMO, questionable at best. It's a bit too much neither fish nor fowl, since Valor is already the "melee" bard. My suggestion is to avoid the multiclass tax unless you're after a specific class ability, especially since there are already so many hybrid archetypes to begin with.
>>
>>51809543
Why?

You're nerfing them for wanting to refluff their weapon, providing this is the player I believe it is.

The player presumably has a hand crossbow and crossbow mastery, so normally they can make a 5ft attack identical to doing two-weapon-fighting with shortswords with the two weapon fighting fighting style, the only difference being is the crossbow counts as a ranged weapon and uses a piece of ammo.

>>51809556
If he doesn't have crossbow expert yet then sure, you could nerf it a bit. Consider they could normally just draw a shortsword and attack with that, though.
>>
>>51809545
Interestingly, before 4e, the rules imposed a penalty on shooting into a melee, with a chance of hitting the wrong target. I wouldn't be opposed to a houserule in 5e that does that.
>>
>>51809545
yeah with an attack roll. that thing mage hand doesn't allow.
>>
>>51809556
>He's a Kobold Rogue.

Ah, so this is the meat of it, attacks of opportunity with Sneak Attack (and advantage because of Pack Tactics)

He wants to be able to pull those off without having to switch weapons, even though Sneak Attacks of Opportunity are meant to be a draw of melee rogue fighting

Let him do it, at a chance he'll break the cross bow. Bayonettes are a type of spear for a reason
>>
>>51809596

specific beats general, pouring a vial is more specific than "attacking"

you're also forgetting that pinpoint accuracy isn't needed here. i just need to douse the guy, and presumably my teammate isn't damaged by holy water so I don't care if some of it gets on him.
>>
>>51809376

Not really. Weapon switching is already basically free (assuming you still have your item interaction to spend) and bonking someone over the head with a ranged weapon is already 1d4 bashing. You're basically not getting any real advantage over just pulling a dagger 2gp during close combat, and an argument could be made that the 2gp dagger is actually the better choice in most situations.
>>
>>51809631
That's not how "specific beats general" works, if you accept that pouring holy water on a vampire is an attack (YMMV).

But more to the point, melee combatants don't stand in place even remotely.
>>
>>51809659

I never said they stand in place. They stand within a 5 foot square, and can be hit by many forms of ranged attacks.
>>
>>51809659

Check the difference between an "attack" and an "attack action." There's a lot of weirdness where attacks come from something other than the attack action, particularly where using an object are concerned.
>>
>>51809659
>>51809631
>>51809596
>>51809545
>>51809500
>>51809445
guys, he's not trying to pour into a fucking cup. the surface area of a human being is much fucking large than pouring in a cup. if you really wanted to pour a liquid on someone in combat and you could get close enough, you could do it fairly easy. it's not like he's trying to pour it into his ear or something for fucks sake. just dump it on top of his head. if you really wanna be anal and say that most of it would probably end up on the ground, fine, make it deal less damage. but it isn't fucking hard to pour liquid on someone. now stop being so fucking autistic
>>
File: latest.jpg (8KB, 200x130px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
8KB, 200x130px
I am planning in doing a new campaing set in the same universe as our main campaing but decades in the past explaining the backstory of sometida characters incluiding a boss that they encounter few sessions back and the Main villain.
The campaing consist in old fashioned rescuing a princess from a dragon. The problem is I only got 2 PCs. I plan on making the PCs lvl 10~12 and giving them a NPC lvl 9~11 (in the end they discover that the NPC is the boss they killed in the other campaing ).
Which dragon should I use for Ghia campaing? A young red dragon is todo much?
>>
>>51809493
As should have been obvious for the last few years, this is a buildthread and a buildthread only.
>>
File: fis4ka9fzq1g4sb-large.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fis4ka9fzq1g4sb-large.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
you know, i think i see the problem here, see Anon here thinks pic related is a vial
>>
File: awesome.jpg (185KB, 557x522px) Image search: [Google]
awesome.jpg
185KB, 557x522px
>>51809035
>posting non-fetish orc
>>
>>51809379
Or stone sorcerer
>>
>>51809804
>implying non-fetish orc isn't my fetish
>>
>>51809804
jokes on you, non-fetish orcs are my fetish.
>>
>>51809827
kek
>>
Does it seem reasonable to re-flavor a whip as a monkey's fist (bludgeoning) and use it as a monk weapon?
>>
im looking for help making a new character i have only been playing D&D for a month now

I want to know if i can have a split personality lawful good to chaotic evil im thinking every time i roll a D20 and it hits 10 change from helping my team to fucking with them. I enjoy pissing off my DM and teammates. Can the split be so different has to change classes? Like a good fighter to evil wizard.

Also any tips on trolling them better? they are all A holes so down worry they deserve it. any good trolling story's you got i like to hear
>>
>>51809895

no, monks are OP enough as is
>>
>>51809908
I think you'd better leave.
>>
>>51809908
>Also any tips on trolling them better?
you do not deserve to have a gaming group. Come back when you're old enough to be on 4chan.
>>
>>51809908
1.) That not how multiple personalities work
2.) There's no rules in the game that currently support that concept, likely because:
3.) Your idea is retarded and you need to leave
>>
>>51809493
"Spreading a religion" is a very RP-heavy goal that the DM has to be on board with. You're going to have to talk to him, and if he doesn't want to do it there's unfortunately nothing you can do.

>>51809895
No, because it's much shorter than a whip. I'd use a light hammer or a club or something like that.
>>
Just because an action is better than an item-based action (throwing holy water or alchemist's fire for pissweak damage) or simply deals damage at all, doesn't mean it has to be an ordinary attack.

It's fair enough that dropping a boulder on an enemy will deal damage.

I'd think it'd be fair if you're pouring with a mage hand that you can use an action (Bonus action with arcane trickster) to pour holy water out, the creature that might be effected making a save, taking perhaps only a small bit of dousage on a successful save (or none at all). I'd probably allow that in melee, too, just not if you're throwing it.
>>
>>51809908

The rest of your group despises you and only allows you to play to fill out the numbers, or for the sake of some kind of old friendship you used to have with one of them -- a friendship you have long since more than justified ending

Everyone in your game would be happier and better off if they had never met you, and I imagine the same goes for most if not all of the people in your life
>>
Are the drowning rules as vicious as they seem?

Is a disable (such as drow poison) plus grappling someone into a sufficiently large pool of water an almost assured kill?
>>
File: shame cube acsii.gif (1MB, 320x227px) Image search: [Google]
shame cube acsii.gif
1MB, 320x227px
>>51809908
Firstly, your DM will not let you do it unless they're a massive faggot and then they deserve it.

Secondly, that would be imbalanced and broken to allow switching classes like that.

Thirdly, you're playing a fucking co-op game. If you want to get your 'epic trolling' then do it in a more subtle, smug way such as being so good you fuck over the entire campaign premise.

Lastly go fuck yourself.
>>
>>51809908
>split personality lawful good to chaotic evil
No, stop

>I enjoy pissing off my DM and teammates
Really, just don't.

>Any tips on trolling them better? They're all assholes, they deserve it
No, they don't. I don't need to know them to know they don't deserve having their time wasted playing a game they enjoy and having you ruin it for them. Find something more productive to do with your life than making others miserable. I can assure you that it'll be far more fulfilling.
>>
>>51809966
Thief rogues make for pretty good alchemists outside of the artificer..
Throwing alchemist fire all day. Once you set them on fire just start dousing them in oil too.
1d4 + 5 each turn they're covered in oil in addition to sneak attacking once a turn with your regular weapon.
If they want to stop being on fire they've gotta spend an action to put it out. Can be a good way to harass someone with lots of HP while you clean up the squishies.
>>
>>51809994
If you can keep someone underwater that long, you could have very easily killed them through almost any other means.

And drow poison is probably still broken.
>>
>>51810037
If you can get them in a situation where they aren't holding their breath, aren't they fucked?
>>
>>51809994
Can't you hold your breath for a pretty long number of turns?
Being grappled underwater is a good way to die, but if they don't have anyone around them to help them out and your party is gang raping them anyway, what's the point? Just circle up and stab them to death.

Standing over in the corner during combat drowning one person isn't gonna be as effective as just killing them with a sword and then moving on to the next person.
>>
>>51810054
Yeah but in that situation you describe they'd probably be fucked regardless of if there's any water around or not.
>>
>>51809908
Please leave, you worthless scum. I hope that group kicks you out soon.
>>
>>51810097
I'm asking from more of a "best assassination methods by RAW" perspective.
>>
>>51809709
Sure, but mage hand specifically cannot attack, not just cannot take the attack action (it doesn't take actions at all.)
>>
>>51810199
Oh in that case it would be fine I suppose.
You basically just need some sort of dude that can make sure they win all grapple checks.
A barb/rogue expertise in athletics would do the trick.

You'd have to at a minimum be able to hold them underwater for 30 seconds, that's 5 rounds. If you can do something that would make it so they can't hold their breath, then ignore this part.
Then you need to be able to hold them down a number of rounds equal to their con mod (minimum of 1 round).
>>
>>51810273
The mage hand can't pick up a sword and hit with it because it's too weak. It probably can't throw holy water a distance either. But it can sure as heck empty the contents of a vial.

Unless you want to take that to mean 'the mage hand cannot pull a very light lever that then drops a boulder because that would be attacking'. But what does this look like, 4e?

I'm not sure what you two are arguing, but this isn't a case that should be argued by RAW but instead what makes sense.
>>
>>51810080
Do what i did.
Made a triton barbrogue for a pirate campaign.
>>
>>51810356
Yeah, essentially that'd be the best thing to do.
>>
DMs, how do you play it when your players are playing stupidly? Let em be stupid with realistic consequences? Let em be stupid without realistic consequences? Suggest smarter courses of action?
>>
>>51810314
This.
5e isn't fundamentally a board game the way 4e is. You can do everything that's immediately obviously possible to do, and then the rules exist to tell you how and with which restrictions you might be able to do those things.

The rules DON'T exist to limit what you can do to a small subset of allowed actions.
>>
>>51810460

Do you mean stupid as incompetent or stupid as in they are rping their less than inteliigent characters?
>>
>>51810460
If they're being slightly stupid, make them suffer mild consequences. If they're being seriously stupid, say "are you really sure?" and if they say "yes" drop whatever consequences are appropriate. But always leave them an out, some way to get out of that situation.
>>
>>51810472
4e's rules don't exist to limit you to a small subset either. Did you even play?

>>51810500
I mean playing intelligent characters in a very stupid way, that, in my estimation, anyone with a degree of sense between their ears could tell will have disastrous results.
>>
>>51810314

If I was DMing I would probably allow the bad guy that you're trying to dump the water on a saving throw, because the Mage Hand isn't going to be precise. It seems to me that the whole idea of "it can't attack" is "it's a stupid hand that only does exactly what you tell it to do and can't adapt to combat situations to make sure it hits something, can't cast spells, can't swing a melee weapon with enough force to do anything, and can't adequately manipulate a ranged weapon or throw anything with enough force to do anything".

So you put the hand over the vampire, dump the water, and the vampire gets a save to see if he can get out of the way, because the hand isn't going to move with him.
>>
>>51810526
4e's rules didn't serve to do that, but they're a lot more like that than 5e.

Attacks are incredibly overspecific, such as 'Teleport X squares, then make an attack, then do this, and this might happen' sort of thing, yet it doesn't seem to suggest so obviously how you'd use that teleport outside of combat.

>>51810544
Given the things you can do with mage hand, I wouldn't say it's too slow or inprecise. Its real problem is that it's just not strong enough to make anything resembling an attack. It can only lift a small weight that suggests it has a strength of maybe 1 or 2 if you're lucky.

I wouldn't say they get a save because the hand is bad at what it's doing, but because they still have every chance to avoid it or smack the water from its hand or whatever.
The only question is if a save halves the effect (Water sprayed everywhere, you can only avoid some of it) or all of it (Water poured into one area, can avoid all of it)
>>
>>51810512

This
>>
>>51810500
Assuming he means incompetent, I'd say he should let the dice land where they would.

My players are also the incompetent type, but it's their first game of D&D. It would suck for them to die in a less than stellar fight, but it is a possibility.

What I do is always make clear what the situation at hand is, and try to describe it as a dire circumstance if that's how it looks like it's shaping up. Players usually get the hint to run if they can at that point.

It's unfortunate though, because they're such high level nothing I've thrown at them should really be that dire. But that's just the group I'm with. When we're not playing I make it a point to try and get them to think about their character's abilities a bit more and how they might be able to use them in combination with one another. This has helped somewhat.

In one instance I nearly TPK'd them simply because they decided to rush in with no plan at all. One of the players died though. I truly think letting them see how playing like you're invincible is not a smart way to play does help. Let that dude crit their cleric. Have that hungry monster eat the dude he downed. Play it out.
>>
>>51810589
4e's rules are actually great for improving results, because all the spells and abilities have tags, that suggest how they work in very general situations. Having DM'd both editions, I prefer 4e's hints to 5e's "fuck it, just make shit up", because the hints feel like they give a fairer result.
>>
>>51810544
I would say that it is most likely to work when they're distracted by something, like playing a pipe organ, and you sneak up on them. It's least likely to work when they're in combat and can watch the world's slowest projectile float up to them.

>>51810589
Save negates. There's no splash damage normally. It's a vial, not a bottle of bleach.
>>
>>51810589
to use the teleport x squares ability outside of combat, you would teleport x squares, and not make an attack, unless you wanted to (such as against a chest to break it open)
>>
>>51810589

No, no, I don't mean the hand is slow or imprecise, I mean that it does EXACTLY what you tell it to and nothing more. It's a very fast and very precise idiot.

"Dump that water there". The hand will get into position and dump the water. If the vampire moves, the hand will stay put.

I wish D&D had some kind of metric for degrees of success to answer your question of whether the save halves or not. My gut says to just halve it and treat it like an area attack over a small area, but that seems a little too good, while simply negating the damage on a save feels too harsh. What if the vampire takes no damage if he beats the save by 5 or more?
>>
About to play d&d for the first time what can I expect?
>>
>>51810607
>I truly think letting them see how playing like you're invincible is not a smart way to play does help.

Oh, and I should add this.
Before starting any campaign it's a good idea to remind your players that player death is a VERY real possibility if that's the kind of game you want to play. Helps diminish the tears because you were very upfront about it.

Personally, I add the caveat that if you REALLY want to keep playing the same character and they died. There will always be some way to bring them back. But it might require an epic quest from the rest of the party, and they have to be willing to do it.
>>
>>51810669

Expect to sit around a table and pretend to be a fantasy character with a bunch of other nerds pretending to be fantasy characters.

Expect this to be more fun than it sounds but not, like, the best thing ever or anything.
>>
>>51810616
I mean, fair enough, if someone says they want to try something weird then it can be hard to allow it somewhat unless you really know what you're doing and how to think up an improvized combo attack's stats in less than half a minute.

But I'm still not too keen on 4e's pretty much predefined combo attacks .

I think something both editions kinda lacks there is comboing things. Making your own combo that isn't just 'bonus action -> action' but there might be some sort of weird monk combo class out there already in 4e that lets you ado a series of different attacks. Who knows.

>>51810633
If you flung it in a wide arc, you'd spray a less concentrated burst but definitely hit with it.
>>
>>51810669
Whoever's playing the Cleric or Wizard will invariably have the most complicated turn, have no understanding of how his spells or other mechanics work, and will not begin to think about which of the 10,000 things he's capable of that he'd like to do until his turn rolls around and everyone is waiting on him.
>>
>>51810665
By the way it uses your action and the wording 'you use your action to control the hand'... I'd assume you're not 'telling it' to do things.
Holy water already isn't very strong. I'd say you could either spray it over an area for halved save or try to concentrate it all in one area for more damage but no area effect and save completely negates.

>>51810634
I suppose it sort of makes sense if you treat the teleport as something like a free action packaged with a normal attack. It's just that I don't really like the inflexibility of it all, things like 'why can't I combine that teleport with something else?' While 5e doesn't really let you combine, it's just 'you do X'.
>>
The Hallow spells says the DM may offer an effect

What are some good offers I could give a pc rather than the listed? I'm thinking daily goodberries
>>
>>51810723
I'm a tempest cleric I've printed out all my spells on cards and have been going over them frequently
>>
>>51810871
How about something appropriate to their deity?
Goodberries would be great for a nature cleric.
>>
>>51810876
you are the exception
>>
So how would you all rank the Rogue archetypes?
>>
>>51810937

Arcana Domain.. That skeeby god from the Amber Temple

No idea what's appropriate for that
>>
>>51809908
4chan might not be the best place to get advice for shit like that.

Maybe try the local high school outcast group.
>>
File: WhereDoYouThinkEtc.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
WhereDoYouThinkEtc.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>51811056
>local high school outcast group.

>>51811031
Improvement to scrying spells while in the area or something?
>>
how do i roleplay a character that likes to fart in combat and when is it appropriate to do so? im a tabaxi necromancer btw if that helps
>>
File: 1484075575801.jpg (56KB, 517x572px) Image search: [Google]
1484075575801.jpg
56KB, 517x572px
>>51811189
>>
>>51811189
You don't, no you're not, and no it doesn't. Kill yourself, famalamadingdong
>>
File: 1476565521514.png (112KB, 619x562px) Image search: [Google]
1476565521514.png
112KB, 619x562px
>>51811189
>>
>>51811189
make sure you take stinking cloud
>>
>>51809908
>i thought i would actively aggravate my group and DM
>while trying to justify playing one character with multiple classes that will still hit level cap
>while massively misunderstanding a mental illness
Good work, throw in something about roasties and politics and you might manage the worst post ever.
>>
File: brainsizeofaveragecritfailer.png (152KB, 616x620px) Image search: [Google]
brainsizeofaveragecritfailer.png
152KB, 616x620px
>>51809908
>>
>>51809908
Ignore the naysayers, young Anon. /tg/ is filled with power-gamers who think D&D is about building the most broken characters possible and "winning" the game. I'm currently DMing for a party of munchkins and murderhobos who spend most of their time trolling and performing childish pranks on each other. They don't make much progress, but every session is a blast and we often bust a gut laughing at some absurd consequence of their foolishness. In many ways, it's more entertaining than my more serious campaigns. If your DM and fellow party members share your attitude and play style, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun.

>I want to know if i can have a split personality lawful good to chaotic evil
Talk to your DM about adding this as a personality flaw. You could say it's the result of a magical mishap—maybe an evil wizard attempted to possess a heroic fighter but didn't entirely succeed, and now the two personalities battle for control of their shared body. I like your idea about rolling dice to switch between the sides of your character's personality.

>I enjoy pissing off my DM and teammates
Then you've come to the right place. At least you're more open about it than the dippers and rules lawyers in this thread.

>Can the split be so different has to change classes? Like a good fighter to evil wizard.
If you're starting at 1st level, you can only have one class. However, you could multi-class at later levels if your DM allows that rule. For example, when you level-up for the first time, instead of becoming a 2nd level Fighter, you become a 1st level Figher and a 1st level Wizard. That means you keep the abilities of a 1st level Fighter, but also gain some abilities of a 1st level Wizard. If your DM doesn't want you to multi-class, you could play as a Fighter but pick the Eldritch Knight archetype at 3rd level to represent the wizardly side of your character.

That said, you're clearly underage, so get the fuck off 4chan.
>>
>>51811189
>wants to fart in combat
>not playing satire bard
Shiggety diggety doo
>>
>>51811262
Somehow, still not as bad as 8-int wizards
>>
>>51811417
8 int wizard is viable though
>>
>>51811430
Not the point
Never was the point
It's viable but it's also stupid
>>
>>51811436
Not as stupid as trying to solo an entire den of kobolds as a level 3 fighter.
>>
>>51811492
Neither of which are as stupid as this entire chain of posts.
>>
There aren't any +2 Int races other than gnomes, are there?
>>
>>51811507
What about a str monk?
>>
>>51809584
>>51809545
In 3e, longbows could shoot like 1000 feet or more, too.
>>
>>51809584
It might be in the DMG, I'm not sure.
But I think I read about an optional rule that was something like:

If your ally is giving an enemy partial cover and you shoot at that enemy, if your shot would miss that enemy, but the attack roll is high enough to hit your friendly's AC, it hits them instead.

Alternatively you could just rule nat 1's to hit a friendly that's within 5 feet of your intended target.
>>
My character died last session so I need a new one. I want to build a character who seems utterly useless but "accidentally" contributes to the party (5 person party with most of the typical roles already filled).

I was thinking I could go diviner 2, lore bard 6, wild magic sorcerer 4 (aiming to get to 6 for bend luck). I'll be rolling for stats so as long as I can get good charisma I can max out my bardic inspiration dice. I plan on taking bless as one of my magical secrets along with counterspell. Also looking to take the lucky feat.

The goal is to be able to RP a common conscript who is swept up by the party and unknowingly inspires, blesses, bends luck, and uses portent. Probably tries to use a hand crossbow to help in the meantime.

My big question is if there is a better way to do this? I'm worried about the action (reaction) economy of bend luck vs cutting words vs counterspell.
>>
>>51811713
just make sure you're a halfling lmao
>>
>>51809065
This has to be about the most boring way they could've decided to do this.

Two flavor-less abilities focusing on removing immunity, and a 14th level that's just a slightly better Hellish Rebuke.

Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>51812044
boring but plenty effective

nothing wrong with having the magical equivalent of the champion running around
>>
>>51811007
Assassin
Swashbuckler
Thief
Arcane trickster
Inquisitive
Master Mind
Scout
>>
>>51812171
Whyyyy is scout below mastermind?
>>
>>51812181
The mastermind's bonus action help is pretty nice. The scout doesn't really offer anything fun. It just makes you a slightly more mobile rogue.
>>
>>51812171
Eh, I find assassin to be the least interesting and its abilities too circumstantial. If I were playing a game with more of a focus on intrigue and deception then I'd love it. But unfortunately most games I play don't have that. Still, for a sniper-esque character it's pretty fun too.

Swashbuckler is my second favorite just from a flavor standpoint. I also usually play party face, so having abilities that key off of cha is pretty great.

Thief is my personal favorite, I make liberal use of fast hands. If there's an object I will use it. If there's not an object around, don't worry, I brought my own, and I will use them.

Tricksters are great fun, but in general if I want to be a guy that uses magic, I would pick a full caster.

Inquisitive, on the same level as assassin for me.

Master mind, a bit above assassin and inquisitive.

Scout, I_don't_think_about_you_at_all.jpeg
>>
>>51812069
That's already the warlock, though.

Sorcerers are supposed to feel like they ARE their magic. Dragons get dragon scales, wild magic does bullshit, storm does wind stuff.

This just does boring damage. You're literally made of fire, you should be burning everything down, catching stuff on fire, being wild and unpredictable rather than boring and formulaic.
>>
>>51812421
I'd like to see a fire sorcerer that was based around "feeding a flame." Where you have a damage ramp up the longer combat goes on. Dunno how I'd implement that mechanically though.
>>
So I really want to play a detective character but I'm not sure how to go about building it. What class/classes would best make it work? I'm sort of torn between a non-magic detective, an a John Constantine type character.

>>51812449
Maybe you deal an additional 1 damage whenever you cast a spell that does fire damage, the bonus increasing with each consecutive spell that does it? So the first one does +1, then next turn if you cast another it does +2, and so on and so forth, capping at your level, and resetting if you go a turn without dealing fire damage?
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I want to make a card throwing faggot (as in literal cards), the best way would be to take tavern brawler and be dex based, right?

That way I could attack with +dex and prof, and the damage would be 1d4 + dex.

Any other ways to spice this up RAW?

>WHY DON'T YOU JUST REFLAVOR X?
No. I'm throwing cards senpai.
>>
>>51812598
Inquisitive Rogue is blatantly a detective.

However, with the right background and invocation combination Warlock works in a pinch.

Bards are pretty good at detective work as well.

The Inquisitor Background from Plane Shift Innistrad might be useful, as would the city watch background and alt feature in Sword Coast Adventurers Guide.

Though Arcane Trickster Rogue may also work.

Mundanely? Full Mundane? You might be good combining the revised ranger with the spell-less ranger class variant both from Unearthed Arcana.
>>
>>51812619
If you are open to UA you could go hexblade bladelock and have cards be your pact weapon.
>>
>>51812619
>Cards
>weapons
Even if you're improvising, paper or vinyl ain't cutting it.
>>
>>51812691
I think even if UA was allowed RAW that's not allowed. Since you can't create a pact weapon of something that isn't a weapon.
>>
>>51812707
>if you attack with something that bears no resemblance to a weapon the damage is 1d4 of a type chosen by the DM, if it is ranged normal range is 20 ft, extended range is 60.

RAW it checks out fampai.
No one cares about your physics in fucking d&d.
>>
>>51812740
>Net is 5/15
>Improvised Net is 20/60
>>
File: 1353121552581.jpg (18KB, 438x428px) Image search: [Google]
1353121552581.jpg
18KB, 438x428px
another anon said it in another thread, but I too will be severely limiting darkvision in my campaign setting as well, which means reworking all races

elves i'm thinking will be +1 STR, +1 DEX, +1 WIS, these are rather strong elves that very slightly devolved and live by the mantra that to struggle is to truly live, they believed the old elves that we know of had grown too soft and thus voluntarily (or rather driven by it in their blood) went back to a much more primal living. oh and they are brown because my magical realm demands it
>>
>>51812740
makes me sad that this concept is more viable than my ranger who used a blowgun, RAW
>>
>>51812761
Yes, if you were trying to damage someone with it, RAW it works.

If you're trying to net someone with the net though, it's still 5/15.

It's fine if you choose to ignore RAW in your game. But remember you should always be making rulings that contradict the book to increase fun.

Also, if this is possible irl, I believe in a world of dragons and other magical bullshit, someone should be able to hurt someone a little bit with cards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1L5VVX8uLA
>>
>>51812714
I mean it "is' a weapon just improvised. Honestly if he wants to be a card throwing faggot lock instead of EB spam or the better bladelock bullshit I think it's fine.

Other option would probably be a rogue for sneak attack.
>>
>>51812808
I choose not to accept that precedent. I don't want people conjuring anything they want as their pact weapon because it can technically be an improvised weapon.

Improvised weapon != weapon.
>>
>>51812740
Nothing RAW would allow you to attack with Dex while throwing a playing card, unless your DM were to rule that they sufficiently resembled a dart, in which case congratulations, your build is pointless.
>>
So, for storyline reasons, my character, a ranged Fighter, is going to be taking some levels in Warlock. What pact should I go for?
>>
Hmm. This gave me an idea for a consumable magic weapon of sorts.

How about a deck of throwing cards?
A 52 card deck has 52 uses.
As a action, pull a card from the deck and throw it. It automatically hits its target and explodes on impact dealing 2d4 force damage. A shield spell can block one of these cards.

So basically works like magic missile, but 52 times and only one at a time.
>>
>>51812819
I see where you coming from. Only allowing the lock to pull the card deck would be an easy solution though.

I do really want to make some sort of wrestler now, pulling out pact ladder and chairs however.
>>
>>51812843
Aw fuck you're right. There's no +dex bonus.
Still works for 1d4 though.
>>
>>51812886
1d4+prof with hexblade's curse
>>
>>51812843
I wouldn't call it pointless. Not everyone plays this game the same way. It's not about getting big numbers for everyone.

Still, with tavern brawler if you throw the card at someone and hit them, I guess you get to bonus action grapple them? So that's... something.
>>
>>51812619
>1d4+dex damage
>thrown
>I DON'T WANNA REFLUFF
>literally a refluffed improvised dagger

If you really wanna throw cards, unless they're magical, you're looking at 1+dex slashing damage, buddy.
>>
>>51812886

Tavern Brawler lets you use proficiency, no?
>>
>>51812932
No it literally does 1d4 per improvised rules.
>>
File: archer.jpg (985KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
archer.jpg
985KB, 1920x1080px
Warlock 3 (blade pact, archfey) / Sorcerer X?

Is there a better way to get a big KABOOM arrow?
>>
Going into a session tomorrow with a level 3 Kenku Phoenix Sorcerer. What should I expect?
>>
>>51812956
Burnt feathers
>>
File: GkEFDw.png.jpg (95KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
GkEFDw.png.jpg
95KB, 752x1063px
>>51812714
You do realize he's trying to make pic related, right?

Simplest/best way to do it would probably be an EB Warlock, fluffing it out that every EB is cast through a playing card.

Maybe his patron is a deity of luck/chance, as a throwback to the game that the cards are meant to be used for.
>>
>>51812946
Tack 3 levels of Arcane Archer onto that for Piercing Arrow.
>>
>>51812619
> I DONT WANT TO REFLUFF
Go back to /pfg/. Cards can easily be a refluff darts.
>>
>>51812943
Yes it does. But I think per improvised rules, making it into a ranged weapon doesn't infer it a dex bonus. Or am I misreading?
>>
>>51812995
>>51812987
Not refluffing is more of a thought experiment.
If I seriously want it to be the most viable thing, of fucking course I would refluff.
>>
>>51812990
> losing even more spell slot for a niche ability that rarely improve the concept
???
>>
>>51812998
You're correct, unless we can reason that cards would be similar to daggers, then we'd get dex damage.

Improvised weapon rules are pretty sketchy.
>>
>>51813012
Personally I'd probably rule that playing cards could have the same stats as a Dart weapon.
>>
>>51813017
You said you wanted a more booming arrow, not for it to be good.
>>
Best Cantrip for a high elf artificer to take with his racial ability?
>>
>>51813022
>>51813019
If I were the DM I too would rule they'd be like darts.

In which case no tavern brawler would be necessary so long as you're proficient with darts you can use cards the same way.

This is also technically RAW since the DM may make that call as explicitly written.
>>
>>51813032
The point is that Piercing Arrow doesn't help with KABOOM at all.
>>
>>51813038
mending
>>
>>51813063
Gunsmith so I already have it.
>>
>>51813022
>>51813047
The guy said >>51813012. So no DM-fiat. RAW only.
>>
>>51813056
It'll let you clusterbomb a line of those pseudosmites
>>
>>51812987
Personally if I could get the okay from the DM to allow cards to function as darts, then I'd probably roll a bard and steal ranger spells to buff them.

Lightning arrow to make lightning card, conjure barrage, swift quiver, etc. But I guess for swift quiver to work whatever pouch you keep the cards in would have to qualify. I'd allow it.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (34KB, 360x209px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
34KB, 360x209px
>>51813077
Let's talk RAW, motherfucker.
>>
>>51813092
If you went bard you might even be able to get the DM to let you use magic stone so they're doing 1d6+CHA damage.
>>
Whoo Psionics this week
>>
>>51813077
This DM fiat is technically RAW though.
So it's a gray area. Seems like with absolutely zero input from a DM we could get away with this:

Tavern brawler and cards get our prof bonus + 1d4 damage.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but even improvised weapon attacks are considered weapon attacks (like unarmed strikes are). Which means you could use battle master maneuvers with them.

>tfw pushing someone 15 ft away with playing cards
Did I just discover the next meme build?
>>
>>51813108
Yeah, that's another good option for refluffing the concept but still needing a physical object to use.
>>
File: psipowers.png (29KB, 606x509px) Image search: [Google]
psipowers.png
29KB, 606x509px
>>51813114
I can't wait to do something more substantive in combat than yell ten word phrases at people.

Psychic nuking archetype, please.
>>
>>51813169
I'm looking forward to the invisible hand and order of the knife.
>>
>>51813108
I like it. Although I'd probably take magic initiate to grab that as a cantrip from warlock instead of using up a magical secret.
Take hex as your 1/day spell from the warlock list. Would be easy to flavor that as pulling the joker (or some equivalent) off the top of the deck.
>>
>>51813114
Proof?
>>
>>51813199
It's not on the Warlock spell list, only Druid. Tomelocks can take it at level 3 though.
>>
>>51813201
They tweeted that the next UA is on Tuesday the 21st (since Monday is a holiday), and we've already run through every class.

So unless they're gonna drop a Way of the Four Elements Revised on us or some shit,
>>
What class is the best for dungeon exploration?
>>
>>51813169
I used broken will and moved the creature toward me (provoking 3 OA from my friend), has it drop prone and then use its action for object interaction and manacle itself.
>>
>>51813201
They said it would come out after the Wizards UA then the cycle will start back at Barbarian for a 2nd revision.
>>
>>51813217
Moon Druid
>>
Guys, I think my DM is trying to make me feel bad for playing moon druid. Here's the setup: I'm level 2 and wildshaped into a brown bear, and we're in combat. The DM rolled some dice behind the scenes and says I've gone into a "feral rage", causing me to uncontrollably attack anything and everything within my 40-foot range, including party members. I almost killed my barbarian party member, and my party had to knock my unconscious. There's nothing about this in any rulebook I've found. Is this bullshit?
>>
>>51813209
oh fuck, that's right.
Damn. Well a tomelock wouldn't be bad either.

What about a magic initiate druid and ranger?
We could colossus slay with our cards.
>>
>>51813231
>>51813212
> Believe in Mearl's words
>>
>>51813218
I'm only level 4 so my utility in combat has been limited to Occluded Minding enemies into thinking their weapons are snakes or their allies are about to stab them in the back.

Crowning achievement was making a minotaur (in the process of hefting up a giant boulder) believe the kobold mage beneath him was responsible for shooting him with a magical arrow, when our Ranger was actually responsible for plugging him in the gut. Minotaur chunks the mage before it can get a damage spell off.
>>
>>51813243
Could be pretty cool. RAW Magic Stone only works for 3 throws at a time but every game I've been in handwaves that.
>>
>>51813239
Entirely. To my knowledge, there's no variant rule or anything in the DMG or any Unearthed Arcana that would lead to such a thing.
>>
>>51813239
Complete bullshit.
If anything it would be some sort of mind control effect on you, but that would require a save from you. And doing that to players at level 2 is signs of a shit DM.

Also mind control effects usually let you make a save anytime you take damage. So there'd be no need to even knock you unconscious.

Tell your DM you don't want to play with him anymore and find a better group.
>>
>>51813239
It's bullshit. Wildshape even said that "you retain your alignment, personality, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores.", so there is no way you would fall into feral rage thing.

Your DM is shit and you should call him out on it before leaving the group.
>>
>>51802864
>>51802881
Your bundling rules are so vague as to be useless.
Making food/water take two slots is excessive and means everybody will take outlander or survival to get two free slots.
Having ammo be separate from the weapon overly penalizes ranged combat.
>>
>>51813239
You're gonna find out you've been cursed by invisible Fey that are following you around all the time.
>>
>>51813267
Yeah, I still like the idea of the hex stuff though.
Let's go deeper.

How about a lucky variant human, wild sorcerer/GOO tomelock.
Toss cards when you need to. Let them be a spellcasting focus. Cause wild surges as the cosmos decide the world's fate.
>>
>>51813239
DM that take away player agency is a big red flag.

Quickly, abort the mission before he force you to mate with animals or fox girls.
>>
>>51813239
>rolled some dice behind the scenes

Kek.
Classic shit DM fake rolling.
>>
>>51813324
Personally, I roll die in front of the players constantly and for no reason. Keeps them on edge. Whatever bullshit I come up with at any point can be justified in their minds by one of the rolls I threw out a minute earlier.

>roll die
>Hey, Ranger, what's your Wisdom modifier?
uhhh... 2, why
>roll another die
>Continue.
>>
>>51813353
I guess. But really I don't see any reason to ever just pull bullshit on the players.

Giving them agency is what the game is all about. Anytime shit happens to them, I always key it off of something they actively decided to do.
>>
>>51813353
To fuck with people is one thing; taking away player agency without a save or anything is bonafide bullshit.
>>
>>51812598
>John Constantine
Great now I'm obsessed trying to figure this out. I want to say Rogue/Wizard, but I think Rogue/Bard, or Rogue/Warlock also works. Maybe 3 levels of Rogue for Arcane Trickster, the rest Wizard?
>>
>>51813418

John rarely used magic. He was more of a knowledge and wits kinda guy. I'd focus a little less on casting and more on the bard/rogue aspect. Maybe even knowledge cleric.
>>
What are all the spells that use "hands" as their main component or theme?

So far I can think of:
Mage hand
Shocking grasp
Bigby's hand
Burning hands
Maximillians earthen grasp

Any others I'm forgetting? Working on a character concept.
>>
>>51813835

Vampiric Touch?
>>
>>51813835
>>51813871

Oh, forgot Chill Touch too.
>>
>>51813871
>>51813884
Right! Thanks guys.

If you think of any others, my only restriction is that they be on the wizard list.
>>
>>51809908
IF you're doing this without consulting the whole group you're definitely an asshole. But if everyone agrees to it I think it'd be fun, but you'd have to have a long conversation with your DM. This isn't something you should be working out here.
>>
>>51813908
Cone of Cold says it shoots out from your hands. I guess you gotta include it if you've got Burning Hands too.
>>
>>51813940
To be honest the main reason I included burning hands was because I knew if I didn't someone would suggest it.

Still, I'd be happy to make a list of "secondary" spells that fit into this theme because they shoot out from the hand or something. Though I often just seem to think most spells do that or they are implied to, if not from the focus itself, unless it says otherwise.
>>
>>51813908
>>51813884

Yeah, be a bit more specific on the requirement of hands.Produce Flame, Prismatic Spray, and Flame Blade all have hands as part of the spell.
>>
>>51813994
See >>51813974

It's hard to be as specific as I'd like. As it's a bit subjective. But primarily anything that produces anything remotely like a hand is the top of the list. Secondarily, most touch spells. Lastly, spells like you mentioned.
>>
File: nervous.jpg (164KB, 960x1231px) Image search: [Google]
nervous.jpg
164KB, 960x1231px
>last session 2 year played Dwarf character dies to a Behir
>hyper volatile drunkard
>generally xenophobic but actually hated elves
>sacrificed himself for our NPC friend
>next session we group up and set out to gather his remains and find a Drood who could Reincarnate him
>6 hours of play later we get everything done
>reincarnated into a fucking Wood Elf
>instantly tries committing suicide

Anything of note happen in your last session, /5eg/?
>>
>>51814104
hah, that's actually pretty funny, lots of great potential there.
>>
>>51814030
Off the top of my head, although I knop I'm missing a ton.

Fly, Stoneskin, Rope Trick, Longstrider, Sunbeam, Revivify, Stone Shape, Spider Climb, Light, Jump, Spare the Dying, Remove Curse, Magic Weapon, Gentle Repose, Feign Death.
>>
>>51811520
I don't think so.
>>
>>51812945
I guess it resembles a blowgun then. Too bad.
>>
>>51811520

Only races with bonus to int.

Eladrin (Dex +2, Int +1)
High Elf (Dex +2, Int +1)
Fire Genasi (Con +2, Int +1)
Hobgoblin (Con +2, Int +1)
Tiefling (Cha +2, Int +1)
Yuan-to Pureblood (Cha +2, Int +1
Deep Gnome (Int +2, Dex +1)
Forest Gnome (Int +2, Dex +1)
Rock Gnome (Int +2, Con +1))
Human (+1 to All Stats)
>>
New DM here and I'm having some problems managing my campaign.

I thought rolling for stats would be alright but now I've got a barbarian with 19 STR and 18 AC. While this isn't much of a problem itself the rest of the (regular) party consists of a Support Land Druid, Murder Hobo Wizard, and an Alchemist, sometimes a Cleric. I let them get to level 4 pretty fast since our schedule's are busy but gauging there strengths and weaknesses has become difficult. The campaign itself is not very serious at all and we've had a decent time but my laundry list of dilemmas is growing.

1. How can I deter a frothing barbarian without screwing over my casters? I want to throw better melee enemies for him to fight but I realize that they could easily destroy my casters in one turn. Immediately I think wizards but outside of human settings it seems like a cop out for something more creative. The problem may be with how I design encounters in general.

2. What are good magical items that are fun for casters? I like writing for melee classes since their easier to understand but I really don't know to provide good incentive for a druid or wizard. I guess a better question is as a caster what are some really fun items that you came across?

3. How on earth do you deal with players who insist on causing chaos? My wizard is invested into the game and does a decent amount of homework for his class which is cool but at times his decisions seem disruptive. He actually has some interesting courses of actions now and again but he keeps on pissing off guards and such and realistically his character is getting into some hot water. We're all friends and stuff but for some reason his character's the least integrated into the party.

The campaign is mostly just for laughs. A couple days ago they fought in an underground arena against a dwarf who looked and sounded suspiciously close to Randy Savage. I still want to engage them better though.
>>
Looking for help from both players and DMs for an upcoming session I have with my players.

We've just started the game and are two sessions in, mainly due to false starts and the addition of some other players. The original idea I had in mind was that the PCs have a bit of notoriety to them thanks to helping out the starting town with various things and get invited to a big shindig with a bunch of the upper class folks and visiting politicians, with a "sub-theme" of an important NPC being introduced and showcasing their worth to other NPCs (skillset, lineage, attractiveness, political knowledge, etc.).

My original plan was to then have the party get attacked by assassins and start killing every important politician and VIPs at the party while the PCs try to save whomever they can, and then have the plot evolve into tracking down who orchestrated such a large hit and chasing after the assassins.

But I'm left wondering if my twists of who did it the person who threw the party orchestrated the hit and the important NPC from before who wants to run away and do a life of adventuring, and sees the PCs as their ticket out are worth doing so early on, or if I should let them do more investigation work and hunting in the next few sessions before dropping in more story stuff and eventually have them explore the rest of the continent as they track down who planned this all out.
>>
File: daya2.png (18KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
daya2.png
18KB, 125x121px
>>51814351
>How can I deter a frothing barbarian without screwing over my casters? I want to throw better melee enemies for him to fig-

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. Send casters at him. Any spellcasting enemy. Dominate Person. Blindness spells. Etc. Even Rust Monsters. There is plenty to fuck melee characters.

>What are good magical items that are fun for casters?

Wands with spells imbued, non-combat items that adds healing during rests. My favorite recent one is neither of those. Its an eyeball with an eyepatch. You put on the eyepatch, you see through the eye ball. Simple, super effective, and lets the players create their own uses for it.

>How on earth do you deal with players who insist on causing chaos?

Punish them. The world cant bend to their whim at level fucking 4. He's causing problems in a town? The guard tries to stop him. If he fights back, send more guards. If they are fighting them off, begin lining archers, sending guard dogs, calling for the army.
>>
>>51809895
MA needs to be reworded then so the bonus action can only be used on a target within your unarmed range (5ft).

Otherwise I don't see why Monks don't get martial weapons like glaives, halberds and especially longswords.
>>
>>51814558
Oh damn rust beasts sound hilarious. I'll consider them heavily for the future.

I like the eyepatch a lot and creative things like that are what I look forward to presenting.

I plan on making whatever fuck up my wizard does next a bit more heavy. The only problem is he if he does it in a context that gets my other PCs killed it'd be a bummer since they're doing their best not to do dangerous shit to the wrong people. I'm not about to baby them much more though.

I'll see how it plays out. Thanks for the input
>>
>>51812234
Dude MC-ing scout and shadow monk.
The king of mobility and survival.
>>
Looking for feedback on a homebrew spell found inside a Wizard's spellbook I'm planning on my players looting. The creator was a Paladin-turned-Necromancer and I'd like the party's paladin to be able to use it once he discovers it. The spell might also be used in a boss fight by the current owner of the book who has wizard levels.

1 Lacaille's Soothing Blaze
1st level Enchantment
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: Self
Components: V, S, M
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
You are surrounded with an aura of soft white flames that sear the flesh white lulling hearts to slumber.
Whenever a creature begins its turn within 5ft of you it must make a dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 1d10 fire damage. On a successful save, it takes half damage.
Whenever a creature ends its turn within 5ft of you it must make a wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the creature falls unconscious until the spell ends, it takes damage, or until someone uses an action to shake or slap the sleeper awake. Undead creatures and creatures immune to being charmed immune to this effect.
Classes: Wizard, Cleric, Paladin

Is it too strong for its level and is there awkward or abusable wording I should think about changing? Affecting all creatures, including potential allies, is intentional.
>>
>>51814761
Also the king of needing more stats than you can get to decent levels and the king of godawful DPR.
>>
>>51812946
Hexlock/Stone Sorcerer with PAM.

Best way to go kaboom.
>>
>>51814836
Dear JESUS that's powerful.
>>
>>51814851
How would you nerf it? Also, sorry, meant to lower the fire damage to 1d8 before I posted it. I was basing it off of the sleep spell, which has a range of 60 ft, has no save, and lasts a full minute without concentration. This spell requires you to be within 5 ft to have any effect and your own fire damage is likely to wake up any sleeping creatures. If that's not weak enough, what else could I do?
>>
>>51814841
You only need Dex and Wis.
The whole point of Scout is to have it on characters with high Wis and Wis skills.
The damage isn't a grand issue while you still get decent SA and MA damage with superior stealth abilities.
>>
>>51814761
MC?
>>
>>51809105
if only artificer could actually make magic items
enjoy your x1 rope of climbing
>>
So how does the new warlock UA effect playing a multiclass gish?
>>
File: nym and mirra.png (362KB, 500x507px) Image search: [Google]
nym and mirra.png
362KB, 500x507px
Is it morally right to enslave evil creatures who are obviously prepped to be killed by the party? Is it more morally right than killing them?
>>
Mystic UA due today?
>>
>>51815070
Well, there's still probably about 10 hours before that, so patience.

But yes, it should be. Or whatever UA they're releasing this week. Probably Mystic, but could be something else, too.
>>
>>51815058
Hexblade 1/stone sorcerer 1/paladin X for only needing cha and con with potentially 20 AC with only a shield on.

Hexblade 3/stone sorcerer X is similar but needs Cha and Strength, 17 AC with ridiculous-scaling crits on top of quickened BB/GFB.

>>51815070
UA was delayed til Tuesday.
>>
>>51813238
If you try to use moon druid for anything other than hp sponging your GM will fuck you up the ass with rocks falling from the sky. It's the best class for dungeon exploration on paper but it's one of those features that's good enough by itself that any GM who can't control his impulses will be filled with vindictive rage by the sight of it being used to its full potential because he thinks you're "cheesing".
Enjoy having every enemy in a room whip around and release a barrage of arrows into you when you enter their room as a spider on the ceiling.
>>51813217
Thief.
>>
>>51812171
>assassin top of list
>arcane trickster #4
>master mind above anything

Shit tier taste.
>>
>>51815122
Wouldn't champion work better than hexblade? You'd get action surge.
>>
Is a 1 level dip in Dragon Sorcerer as good as I think for Assassins?

Booming Blade, Greenflame Blade, high Armour score that works with disguises and some Spellcasting. Seems like a pretty great deal.
>>
>>51811007
Thief
Scout
Swashbuckler
Arcane Trickster
the others whose features I don't remember
Assassin
>>
File: 1486435689353.png (2MB, 646x1696px) Image search: [Google]
1486435689353.png
2MB, 646x1696px
>>51813196
>>
>>51815173
Hexblade gets you medium armor, shields, and martial weapons, plus a once-per-short-rest slot and some cantrips. And you can use Cha with one-handed weapons with it.
>>
>>51813281
>Bundling
Yeah, it is pretty vague.There's a logical end to it where you pack a bunch of javelins together, but then there's less obvious combinations where it might be a medium item, it might be tiny or it might be a funny shape and you have to hound the DM all day to tell you what it is.
My only thought so far is to say something like 'Medium items are roughly 6 pounds or more, small items are roughly 1-5 pounds and can be bundled with similar items (Making a kit or simply something such as a bundle of throwing weapons) a decent bit beyond 6 pounds, tiny items are less than a pound' which would at least give more of an idea.

>Outlander/survival
You can't really forage for food like that in a dungeon, and typically you won't need it in a dungeon unless you're camping out down there or trying to bribe starving people.
Outside of dungeons, players are likely to have as much food and water as they need, for the most part.

>Ammo
I had someone mention ranged combat, and I was thinking the ammo could probably be bundled with a ranged weapon in some way. Having an ammo slot doesn't seem necessary, at least, until people decide to take extra ammo or various types.

I'll definitely have to think a bit more about defining weight categories.
>>
>>51814931
Multi Class

Scout:
>gets to move as a reaction.
>profciency AND differently worded expertise in Nature and Survival
>still gets the regular expertise, rogue skills, cunning action etc. on top of it.

Shadow monk:
>gets bonus action teleportation
>can cast great stealth and support spells for cheap
>unarmoured AC keying of Dex and Wis both of which should be high since the scout is focusing on both of those
>martial arts
>extra movement speed

Basically assuming Human Shadow monk 6/Scout 3 you get to move 95 ft on your own turn and 20 ft as a reaction (make that 30 ft if you are a wood elf).
>>
>>51815227
Huh, never paid much atention to Sun Soul monks but while reading that again for a few laughs I realised their at-will Ranged Attacks are pretty fucking rad.

The 11th level Fireball's pretty cool.
>>
>>51815122
You seriously don't need paladin since you already have smites.

Stone Sorc X/ Hexblade 3 and grab Pole Arm Master.

Enjoy your self with the SCAG cantrips and using a Quarter staff keying of Cha.
>>
>>51815231
Going dragon sorcerer gets you 13 +dex for AC.
>>
>>51815195
Dragon sorcerrer is the best Dip for any Dex based Fighter or Rogue.

It works best with Swashbuckler tho.
>>
>>51815058
It shouldn't. Don't. Multiclass. With. UA.

Once they're released proper? Yes, it makes Sorlock the king of Gishes, or alternatively for a really good 4-5 level dip for Fighters. Hell, the smites would probably make EK + Bladelock a killer combination.

Like, imagine a GOOlock 5 / EK 7. EK has War Casting, so you can actually blast an EB, while swinging your Flail +1 With Reach two times in a turn, being able to Smite a total of 8 times in combat, strongest 2 of which refresh on a short times. Oh, and you can Hex a lot more than just a normal Bladelock.

EB (3d10) + Flail+1 x2 + Hex x2 + Smite x2 makes for some nice one-round burst damage.

That is absolutely a build I would want to do. And even the fluff of the two classes matches perfectly.
>>
File: 1351719069326.png (5KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
1351719069326.png
5KB, 299x276px
>>51815070
>>51815122
isnt it Mystic AND Sohei?
>>
>>51815288
>Yes, it makes Sorlock the king of Gishes
How so?
>>
I know all the Mystic fans will hate me, and don't get me wrong I really want a Mystic to level 20 so I can play my gruff psychic halfling detective I've had brewing for 2 years.

I honestly hope they release something with more races and spells first. I feel like Spells are kinda on the low side for some people (Dragon Sorcerers other then fire) and there's some races I'd really like to see.
>>
Had a really off week with my playing this weekend. Just didn't really achieve anything and didn't come up with anything interesting, think because I was knackered.

Anyone else have the occasional session where they just don't offer much?
>>
>>51815323
If Stone Sorcerrer and Hexblade warlock become core book material then you get:

Stone sorc
>13+Con Mod AC and can use shields on top of that + gets tonns of proficiencies

Hexblade
>Attack and damage rolls with weapons that lack the twohanded property use Cha instead of Str or Dex.

>Both of these classes get smites.
>>
Please play something other than deendee, I sincerely want you to broaden your understanding of gaming so that you'll be a better, more interesting person.
>>
File: nice meme asshole.png (92KB, 503x257px) Image search: [Google]
nice meme asshole.png
92KB, 503x257px
>>51815449
Nah.
>>
>>51815288
Whoops, I actually made a mistake. War Casting allows for one weapon attack, not one attack action.

Still, with smart Invocations (+1 weapon, patron weapon, agonizing blast), you still can get 60+ damage on one turn, using only one spell slot in a turn. Of course, by that point, you could actually have a better weapon at the ready, but that's no biggie. If you run out of spell slots, you can just drop the flail and take up your stronger magic weapon and keep on pounding opponents.
>>
>>51815449
Then make a GURPS general similar to the /5eg/ thread with materials for play.
>>
Why does hexblade have that two handed great sword when it's made to use cha with one handed weapons?
>>
>>51815288
UA not being intended to multiclass is not the same as it being verboten.

In fact, the argument could be made that multi-classing is preferable as that's what taught us that Harvest Scythe needs different wording akin to Alchemical Casting, or that Revised Ranger is too feature loaded at level 1. That's really useful feedback for when it comes time to make those options official.
>>
>>51815576
Because it gives options. Separate builds for EB, Versatile, and GS
>>
>>51815585
That is true. Multiclassing is a thing that should be done at least in buildcrafting (what we do already, though), because the most glaring issues can be found that way.

Actual play might be different, unless the players and GM are ready and accept that shit can get weird.
>>
>>51815576
So you can use it for STR based characters as well.
Literally just for Fighters and Paladins to dip into the class.
>>
>>51813077
of course its a realm of pure DM fiat, the DM may choose to make it resemble a club, dart, etc.
>>
>>51815576
Because otherwise it's just two-handed: the class.

With other classes or patrons, you get some options for trying different things. Some are better than others, but you can make a viable build in at least two different ways.

If Hexblade allowed the CHA for the two-hander, then any other choice would be to hamstring yourself. This way means you've still got options without building an intentionally-weak version.
>>
>>51815449

I made it 26 years before I actually knew a group of people who played DnD, no way I'm ever going to find enough people to play something more obscure
>>
>>51815585
Things like nuclear druid isn't useful feedback, because the wording assumes you are only playing a twilight druid.

Beast Conclave had the same "issue" and they had to tell people, no, they just didn't word it in the final way because multiclassing isn't relevant.

Being too front loaded IS useful, but they also are well aware of that, its to test features, which means you actually need access to them.
>>
>>51813353
Funny, I learned of the whole "roll dice to be spoopy" trick about 18 years ago and consider it just a sign of the DM jerkin off, but at least you aren't calling for superfluous perception checks.
>>
>>51814836
wh-why did you make a spell that can deal 10d10 damage as well as put many many enemies to sleep first level
>>
>>51815067
this question is easy to answer in 5e: right and wrong is determined by society (Lawful Good) or your conscience (Chaotic Good)

its no secret that in 5e, 100% identical behavior can be defined as Lawful Good (society), Chaotic Good (conscience), Chaotic Neutral (whims), Lawful Neutral (code), or Lawful Evil (ALSO code).
>>
Kind of have a weird side-plot scenario for a game I'm DM-ing and need some advice.

My group wants to bust a drug cartel and not be murder-hobos about it. What would be alternate good ways for dealing with this aside from a stealth mission? Odds are they're going to have support from a governess in terms of providing opportunities for skirting the law.
>>
>>51814904
You cannot nerf it. You want to have a sleep aura as a level 1 spell and this is not possible.
>>
Might as well ask you guys. I've heard the D&D movies are all awful but which one's the worst?
>>
Anyone had the idea of remaking Monk so it becomes a half-caster like the rest of its ilk it was introduced with?

Basically the Ki feature is replaced by a Half-caster progression like Pally/Ranger.
Anyone working on something like that?
>>
>>51815732
Does the cartel have a centralized building? If so, have the Governess either orchestrate guard-routines away from said building at the time of the raid, or order any guards in the area to ignore disturbances from this particular building. If successful, have the group break down the door and order cartel members to come quietly or be beaten into submission. Only kill if their own lives are in immediate and lethal danger.
>>
>>51815732
Collect evidence, have local police arrest them. Make it an investigation quest.
>>
File: antimage_vert.jpg (22KB, 235x272px) Image search: [Google]
antimage_vert.jpg
22KB, 235x272px
How do you handle "questing" for your players?

Most of the time, people tend to have a larger thing they are working towards, or a main quest, or what have you. This stuff may take a lot of time.

What are your methods for throwing other encounters, or side quests, at the players amidst their current main plotline/quest/adventure?

Do you prefer to sprinkle these along travel? Do you like to create random encounters and have stories spring from those? Do you like to write down encounters for the sessions and just crop them up regardless of where the player goes? What is your method?
>>
>>51815998
I like throwing hooks at them left right and centre with a very basic conceptual plot behind each.

e.g.
>party was kidnapped to an island by a cult that was wiped out by a summoned demon
>they're following up on a weird symbol they found there to see if anyone can give them answers or get them home
>their contacts along the way mention rumours about X, Y, Z
>they ignore or follow up on these rumours, side quest initiated
>side quest leads to a fragment of explanation about who's running the show on the island behind the scenes
>>
>>51814460
Majes shit happen now. Unless players actually enjoys hunting and doing nothing instead of solving a mystery and killing enemies for an actual interesting reason.
>>
>>51814836
Probably a level 3 spell, give or take a level.
>>
>>51814460
Players like when things are happening, whether something spontaneous or by their own investigation/merit.
>>
>>51815643
Why?
A paladin is much better off using charisma and using a quarterstaff. It gives PAM which greatswords don't get and they can focus on upping their charisma.

Also it's horribly imbalanced for multiclassing.

>>51815576
Because the two handed greatsword is better than the others, and it gives you a reason to play a strength-based warlock.
>>
What's next on the UA release schedule?
>>
>>51816309
Mystics.

barbarians
>>
>>51816324
Swweeeet.
>>
>>51814836
Compare to, say, stinking cloud.

Stinking cloud is probably just as easy to resist as this (Poison immunity is common, much like charm and undead creatures may be common) and it can be dispersed. (Similar)
Stinking cloud is a one minute concentration spell. (Identical)
Stinking cloud affects allies, too. (Identical)
Stinking cloud causes an enemy to lose a turn on a failed save. (Easily weaker, but an enemy can use an action to wake an enemy).
It can be used at range. (Stronger, but matters less for a paladin).
Doesn't deal damage. (Weaker)
The main affect takes place if you START your turn there. (Stronger, because ending your turn means you can walk away from it).

Don't make it have two saves, especially when one save is to reduce its damage by ~3 damage and the other save is to avoid INSTANT DEATH.
Okay, it's not quite instant death, but monsters who don't know to wake other monsters or monsters with nobody to wake them providing nobody then beats them up will effectively be immediately dead if you get them all unconscious. Then the players fuck'em all up. But I guess compared to sleep you could break the Paladin's concentration.

It's definitely a level 3 spell. The reason it isn't a level 4 spell is because an enemy has to actually end its turn next to you, so you have to try grappling them or something.

Also it means allies should stay within 10ft but not within 5ft of you, because it affects allies but also paladin aura.
>>
>>51816324
Are they really going full circle again?
>>
>>51816343
>>51814836
>Stinking cloud causes enemy to lose a turn
Sorry, lose an ACTION.

Compared to losing an action, unconscious is:
>You can do jack shit
>You can do jack shit
>In this case, damage will wake, but all attacks will crit and if you wait until after a combat you can just ambush fuck the enemy over in their sleep.

Which is a lot worse than not having an action.
>>
>>51811520
Variant human could take an INT boosting feat to net a total of +2
>>
>>51816346
I have no idea, actually. I'm just guessing.
>>
>>51816382
Because they really should, and release more UAs with our feedback in mind.
>>
Is Firbolg a good race for Cleric?
>>
>>51816382
>>51816420
>>51816324
>>51816309
Pls more feats.
>>
>>51816470
/pfg/ is that way
>>
>>51816470
More feats that are actually good, not shit like 'X weapon mastery'

I want an optional 'Extra feats' that you don't get instead of an ASI, but instead you get every X levels and everyone can choose one for free, except their main focus is to help develop a character's concept mechanically.
>>
>>51816346
I fucking hope not since they said mystic would be out in December and the UA is apparently done.
>>
>>51816480
I don't want Pathfinder levels, I just want more levels of customisation for existing characters, rather than getting more stuff that I can't use until a new campaign.

>>51816498
That'd be cool. I'd also love if they reworked the dual weapon feat, since currently it's entirely outmatched by just increasing Dex.

Plus more that increase individual stats by 1 - it's such an irritant when you've got something on 15 and nothing else worth putting a single point in.
>>
>>51816518
Why is TWF always shit?
>>
>>51816518
So you want trap options and illusion of choice?
>>
File: LordBearington.gif (978KB, 430x228px) Image search: [Google]
LordBearington.gif
978KB, 430x228px
My party will be approaching Boareskyre Bridge within the next few sessions and I've got the place mapped out into North and South boar across the river. North is lawless and dangerous, south is controlled by Elturgard paladins and is safe but under the heel.

There is a checkpoint that the Paladins have set up and they search your shit before letting you pass south.

What kinds of things would a bunch of holier-than-thous be looking for?

I've got the obvious stuff like poisons/ingredients/mass shipments of weapons/caged Demons or fiends (without proper permissions)

Can I get some suggestions?

I'm planning on having a stuffy Dragonborn read a long ass list of basically Don't do what Donny don't does, to the point where they will probably just glaze over.
>>
Can a character with two attacks use Green Flame Blade on one of them and a regular attack on the other? Or is it just GFB for the whole action?
>>
>>51816574
Because there is always a better alternative to TWF. It's a melee-only option that has no good feats attached, uses a bonus action and only really synergizes with things that want lots of hits.

The only class that actually has two weapon fighting as an optimal choice is barbarian, funnily enough.
>>
>>51816625
GFB isn't an attack action. It's a spell that take an action to cast.
>>
>>51816625
Depends where the other attack is coming from.

Read GFB/BB. Does it say it takes an action? Then it takes an action.
Read extra attack. You have to use the attack action? Well, do you think GFB/BB is an attack action? No, it's casting a spell.

Some features such as war magic will give you a second attack.
>>
>Harpoon. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) piercing damage. If the target is a Huge or smaller creature, it must succeed on a Strength contest against the merrow or be pulled up to 20 feet toward the merrow.

Would it be request a harpoon based upon this as a martial weapon?

The version above is used by a large creature, so the damage would need to be reduced (probably to 1d8) and the Strength contest would only work against a Large or smaller creature. Would you say that's acceptable?
>>
>>51816599
Yes, I would like to play 5e.

>>51816574
It's still the best option for Rogues where you want to maximise SA opportunities, but it could do with some love compared to other options.
>>
On a scale of 1-10, how shit an idea is disposing of a Fiend by feeding them to a Hag?

Would such a thing even work?

It's the only way I can think to get rid of one short of somehow getting into The Abyss and shanking them there, and this would be a hundred times safer.
>>
>>51816653
Large or smaller, 1d6 damage, enemy makes a strength save against a DC equal to 8+YOURPROFMOD+YOURSTRMOD or is pulled up to 10ft towards you.

The strongest martial thrown weapon deals 1d8 with no additional effect, distance 20/60ft, but only if thrown with two hands. Otherwise, the next strongest thrown weapon is a javelin, which is 1d6 and 30ft/120ft.

Despite that, it's probably okay to make harpoons basically a better trident without versatile because while versatile is shit, thrown weapons aren't exactly the strongest things, even if they're just back-ups for strength guys who can't get into range.
>>
>>51816635
Wait, what? How? I always look at the Barbarian and he seems more optimized for two-handed weapon fighting.
I mean the Berserker's Frenzy feature can't even work alongside TWF.
>>
Who else wants a weapon/armor/spell manual? For a lot of this (with the exception of spells) I start to homebrew a lot and I would really like to have more "oficial" options.
>>
>>51816717
Berzerker is shit. Most sane barbarians are totem barbarians, wolf or bear.

Two weapon fighting adds on rage damage, so from levels 1 to 3 and maybe 4 it's actually the best, dealing up to 2d6+STRMOD+4 damage while raging or 2d6+STRMOD Damage while not raging, compared to a maul dealing 2d6+STRMOD+2 and 2d6+STRMOD.

The exception to this is variant humans with PAM or GWM.

Other than that, dex barbarians should use shortswords, or rapier+sheild. However, shortswords are better if you want to grapple as you need a hand free to attack and you can drop a shortsword, grapple then attack with a shortsword, but not do that with a rapier. At best you can attack with the rapier, drop it then grapple someone then be left unable to attack except with a shield.
>>
>>51816722
refluff
>>
>>51816708
Versatile does not work when throwing. It says it is for melee attacks. You can see this is true for every monster equipped with a spear, it mentions being able to hold it with two hands for melee attacks but not throwing.
>>
>>51816717
Berserker is awful
Two Weapon gives that sweet bonus damage an extra time
>>
>>51816717
Flat damage from berserking + flavour, but after lvl 5 it becomes mostly pointless and 2H outpaces it by far
>>
>>51816692
Isnt that only creative way of destroying fiends physical body? And that would probably made him reform in Abyss after hag's feast...
>>
>>51816737
Oh, well, all the more reason it should be 1d6 not 1d8.

>>51816735
>>51816717
Oh, right, even if you lose the bonus action attack from using your bonus action to rage that's only -3.5 damage, which you'll then make up with +2 damage later every turn.

Also you can spread your damage across targets.
>>
>>51816735
>Other than that, dex barbarians should use shortswords.
Is there reason to use dexterity as barbarian? Rage bonus don't apply to dex-based attacks.
>>
File: Capture.png (34KB, 403x423px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
34KB, 403x423px
Should a Succubus or other Fiend with the Etherealness ability be able to escape a Bead of Force bubble?
>>
>>51816653
Large size doubles default die, so a straight medium version would be 1d6, and would require training as its not a martial weapon.
>>
>>51816764
20 dex + 20 con for a truckload of AC and not having to wear armour for no stealth disadvantage.

Dex also gives initiative, stealth, etc.

However, it's worse for grappling, so when you go barbarian-rogue you have to decide if you want a small damage boost, better reckless attacks and better grapples or if you want crazy AC.

Actually, I might be wrong therefore -
Dex barbarogues are more likely to be shield+rapier.
Strength barbarogues are more likely to be dual shortswords as not only does rage damage apply, it's easier to grapple with.
>>
>>51816771
I'd call it an 'other effect', and it's force. Force still affects ethereal creatures, I believe.

That said, it's as the DM wants, because magical items are the DM's domain.
>>
>>51813418
i think constantine would fall in the category of thief/wizard, because he's mostly based on magic trinkets rather than magic, (therefore the thief capstone of unlimited attunements makes sense)
plus high charisma, since he talks his way out in every situation that he can (when he's not bussy being a fucking asshole)
i rolled a constantine-ish, making a wizard of divination/warlock with a lot of contacts(archfey pact for background reasons) and it work out pretty well
>>
>>51816804
Yeah but I'm wondering if there's any RAW precedence for it.

As of now my logic is
>Bead of Force is essentially a Wall of Force made into a Sphere shape
>It explicitly extends into the Ethereal plane, like all Force magic
>Thus Bead of Force should also extend into the Ethereal Plane
>>
File: Capture.png (307KB, 1088x534px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
307KB, 1088x534px
>>51816813
Actually I checked more and Bead of Force is almost a 1:1 Resilient Sphere.

So easier question- does the spell Resilient Sphere extend into the Ethereal Plane?
>>
>>51816692
1, its fine

another way you can dispose of a fiend is Flesh to Stone, another is by walling them off forever (can't remember if they have to breathe or not, but that can work too) etc
>>
>>51816868

In my game I'd rule yes, an ethereal creature could be trapped in a resilient sphere and therefore a bead of force.
>>
>>51809063
Heya fag that's my meem
feel free to use it anytime
>>
File: Capture.png (19KB, 583x80px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
19KB, 583x80px
>>51816903
Well Google has no valid results so I decided fuck it and asked the HNIC.
>>
>>51816771
>Etherealness

Well, let's see.
>Consumable
>Rare

I'd say this is a Wall of Force one shot, so it extends into the ethereal plane. Etherealness wouldn't work here, but any sort of teleportation like misty step sure would
>>
>>51813353
My players had a bad habit of randomly rolling the dice. Since they sometimes suddenly pulled a "Oh I look for ambushes or traps, I rolled 19", I started using their dice rolls. So when I thought it might be appropriate to check for traps, I'd look for someone randomly rolling a die, and then use that for his roll, good or bad.

It put them on edge when I would suddenly pull a "You are casually walking down the area, when A suddenly grabs B by the arm, and jerk him back just in time to avoid a pressure plate on the floor."

They did call bullshit at first, but they are rolling the dice, so I am using those dice roll if they are at all appropriate. Now they just stopped their random rolling, which is a shame. I enjoyed them.
>>
>>51816736
>Refluff something mechanically unique
>>
What's the UA for today?
>>
>>51817201
Tomorrow. Mystic likely.
>>
>>51817230
Gay

I'll see you fags next week then
>>
>>51817278
Sohei is also a possibility.
>>
File: female barbarian.jpg (37KB, 467x697px) Image search: [Google]
female barbarian.jpg
37KB, 467x697px
>>51816790
>>51816764
Don't forget that Naked Courage allows you to use a shield, and while DMs are in no way obligated to allow it, special shields are among the most readily available magic items (see: Flail Snail shells). So a one handed weapon using barbarian isn't totally terrible.
>>
>>51816810
>therefore the thief capstone of unlimited attunements makes sense

WHAT
>>
>>51817053
> want muh "special snowflake katana" when you can just refluff
>>
A Diviner Wizard with ritual caster for augury and divination? Is it actually good to sacrifice meme build of Lucky diviner for flavor?
>>
>>51817385
I'll just point out here that I'm not the person here >>51816722
Honestly, I'm perfectly content with the current list of armor and weapons and what you can do with them, but I will agree with a bit more spell variety would be great.
>>
>>51817413
Make sure your DM actually WANTS an info heavy diviner in his campaign. Many DMs won't have storylines that are complex enough for it to matter, and many DMs who do have storylines that complex don't want it to be ASSFUKD
>>
>>51815354
We've gotten races in all of the player material books so far, and a wad of spells in one. It's time for our first full new class.
Also, no reason they can't release spells and races in the new book. There are several that are in older UAs already, they could easily release more after Mystic, and some are simple enough not to need to playtest, surely.
>>
>>51817644
new thread
>>
>>51816608
Cult markings, amulets of dark entities, eldritch power radiating off of them, anything undead, etc
>>
>>51816498
One feat every 6 levels would be a neat idea.
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.