[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 52

File: Other.jpg (109KB, 977x817px) Image search: [Google]
Other.jpg
109KB, 977x817px
Death of the Empire Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for Vehk and Vehk

Previous Kalpa: >>51692196
>>
File: Capture.png (61KB, 646x505px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
61KB, 646x505px
Post current characters
>>
https://uestrpg.wixsite.com/home

Opinions? It's a d20 elder scrolls tabletop RPG.

From the few things I've looked at the creator isn't all that much of a lore buff. I haven't looked at the game mechanics though, what are your guy's opinion on how it's played? Can elder scrolls mesh with something based on DnD?
>>
What lore examples of werewolves do we have?

How strong are werewolves in lore? Rather, how much stronger than the average citizen of the Empire are they?
>>
>>51768641
There is a good example of werewolf here:
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/charwich-koniinge-letters-v1
>>
I cant find a shop in the city of Daggerfall that sells hooded robes. Any good locations that have them?
>>
File: Capture3.png (245KB, 755x227px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
245KB, 755x227px
Someone please explain this shit to me like I'm 9
>>
>>51769220
I have NEVER played Daggerfall but I assume this is spellmaking and it allows you to make them automatically scale to your level.
>>
>>51769220
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Spell_Maker didn't work for you?
>>
>>51769397
No, I am a visual learner. That was all text based
>>
>>51769007
All robes can be made hooded if you right click on them iirc
>>
Fuck off to /vg/ where you belong, shitposters. This board is for tabletop.
>>
File: file.png (96KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
96KB, 640x480px
>>51768465
I really should come back to this character.

>>51769007
Click "Use" on it in your inventory.

>>51768591
Certainly wouldn't be my first choice, but the feeling you get out of a d20-based fantasy game is pretty compatible with TES.
The biggest issue for me would be that having fixed classes and no way to make spells is kinda against the spirit that's been there for most of the games in the series, where you have much more freedom in character creation. Classless pointbuy has always seemed to me like the best approach to TES.
But I've never been much of a D&D fan.

>>51769220
>Money: 118805
I'm assuming that's a damage spell. Either way it's pretty easy.
The first two numbers are the flat damage of the spell. Right now it deals "1 to 1" damage, meaning the flat, unmodified damage will always be 1.
The second set of numbers is a modifier which increases per X level(s). In other words, setting 10 and 10 means "10 to 10" damage. The final number is just how many level increments are needed to raise the modified damage. So if it's 1, then you get that bonus "10 to 10" each level. If it's 2, then you get that bonus "10 to 10" every other level, and so in.
It really is that simple.
>>
>>51770045
Yah but where can I buy robes? I went to a clothing store, 3 general stores, and 2 pawn shops, all in Daggerfall, and none of them had any robes :(
>>
File: Capture5.png (175KB, 625x473px) Image search: [Google]
Capture5.png
175KB, 625x473px
>>51770138
Thank you for the guide, that helps alot. Here, have a scrib
>>
>>51770163
It's stock randomly generated. Just keep trying or keep reloading until you find it.
>>
File: tumblr_n63zumQR4w1qflgwpo6_1280.jpg (200KB, 600x909px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n63zumQR4w1qflgwpo6_1280.jpg
200KB, 600x909px
>>51768463
Am I the only one who stand in the secret passage where the assassin comes out of, so that way they have to awkwardly push me out of the way in order to kill the Emperor while I stand there with a thumb up my ass?
>>
One thing I've wondered is how it came that Bruma was supposedly influenced so much by Nibenay and less so by Colovia. After all, Greater Colovia stretches even across the Jeralls, to Falkreath.
>>
How does the leveling system In Daggerfall work? I've leveled up Long Blade like 15 times or so and I'm still stuck at level 2.

Also, what is your favorite daedric prince? I think Hircine is pretty interesting.
>>
>>51771335
Sanguine and Azura are great. OG Sheogorath was my favorite.
>>
File: Keep_Going.jpg (162KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
Keep_Going.jpg
162KB, 1058x705px
>>51770261
I like to think either they cast some paralyze spell and my bitch-ass couldn't resist it, or channeled my inner pic related like some certain future crazy daedra might do
>>
>>51771335
>what is your favorite daedric prince?
I love Azura, and you should too. Molag Bal is cool for the vampirism, I don't want to be raped though.

Can someone explain to me the appeal of the following Princes?

>Dagon
>Boethia
>Namira
>Peryite
>>
>>51771335
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Leveling_and_Skills
UESP has a wealth of Daggerfall info.

And if you can't find it there, try:
http://www.tesguides.com/tes2/

>>51771479
>I don't want to be raped though
You can't rape the willing.
>>
>>51771503

molag bal is more of a bully than king of domination

domination comes in many forms
>>
>>51771503
>implying anyone would want to have sex with Molag Bal
>>
>>51771503
>http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Leveling_and_Skills

So I have to raise 8 different skills to level up? Is that 15 point collectively for those 8 skills or do I have to individually raise those skills by points each? What if I have one skill already raised by 15 points and haven't really leveled up my other primary/major/minor skills? I'm stuck at level 2.

Since it goes by highest skill and it requires you to raise all three primary skills, if I get one primary skill up to 100, how do I continue to level up after that point?
>>
>>51771579
Vehk did and got CHIM out of it, I'd say that's more than worth it to get pounded by Bal
>>
>>51771602
>So I have to raise 8 different skills to level up?
No, you just have to raise any combination of those skills.
To quote the article, "In order to gain a level, the character must rest after any combination of the following skills have been increased 15 times".
All levels are 15 "collective skill increases" apart, except for level 2, which just requires two skill increases.

>I'm stuck at level 2.
No, you just haven't increased your skills enough.

>how do I continue to level up after that point?
You raise the other skills that count. But yeah, there is an effective level cap that will depend on character creation.

Really, you shouldn't worry about it. Just play the game, increase your skills, and you'll just level up every now and then. I played Daggerfall for a long time until I bothered to find out how it works.
>>
>>51771753

I tested this out yesterday, I raised longblade like 15 times along with some other skills while camping and resting outside of a city in the wilderness, and it still didn't level up.

and when I leveled up to level 2, I remember I raised my skills like 10 times before I got it up instead of just 2 skill increases.

I'm playing on medium reflex and my XP slider is balanced out with advantages and disadvantages.
>>
>>51771292
It just lies within the territory known as Nibenay.
>>
>>51771479
Namira if you wanna be stinky, I guess. I'd ask a 40kiddie why they like nurgle.

Dagon because anarchy and breaking the system.

Peryite, again, if you wanna be stinky?
>>
>>51771479
>Dagon
Ask Mankar.
>>
>>51771479
Pery is cooler than he lets on. Mortals assume he's weak because he doesn't interact with Nirn much, but that's because he's making shit work in Oblivion.
>>
>>51771479
>Dagon
Lust for power
>Boethia
Being a Dunmer and/or wanting revolution/power.
>Namira
If you're a cannibal, or just a freak in general, it's nice to have some like-minded company.
>Peryite
If you're dying of plague (which is even more painful than you can imagine) and don't want to die. Or if you are a sociopath on /pol/ who worships Ebola-chan.
>>
>>51771479
>>Dagon
Revolutionists. Dagon just likes to see shit change. Stagnation sucks man.
>>Boethia
Perfect if you're a crazy fuck who likes to murder their way through politics.
>>Namira
No idea. Maybe you like the idea of eating people? Maybe you're one of those ">tfw no qtspider gf" fags. She's just all around terrible.
>>Peryite
You get reverseAIDS that keeps other diseases out of your system at the cost of looking like Donald Trump. Plus the OCD blessing of the taskmaster would be good for organizing.
>>
File: namira_by_ladysiryna-d8ctxvr.jpg (2MB, 2595x3882px) Image search: [Google]
namira_by_ladysiryna-d8ctxvr.jpg
2MB, 2595x3882px
You guys are overestimating the importance of cannibalism to Namira. Sure, it's part of her sphere because it's repulsive and involves some moral decay, but it's not really essential to her or most of her cultists.

Namira is for when you're content with being forgotten and repulsive, when you are able to be content with wallowing in filth, and when dark, obscure seclusion is your way of life. Sure, others may harass you, despise you, or even pity you, but as long as they don't obstruct you don't really care.
Then Namira will come to you, and she will recognise your hunger, be it for power or simply human flesh. And she'll enable you to sate that hunger. And to the eyes of the world, this will be decay. Someone with a compulsion to eat the dead becomes an unashamed cannibal, an power hungry adventurer becomes a arbitrary murderer, and a no-name noble becomes a legendary beggar.

Weedle, the Beggar Prince went from being just another Camoran to being a filthy, diseased beggar. But under the repulsion, he went from unimportant to legendary. His magical gifts are boons in his eyes, and curses in the eyes of everyone else. In Daggerfall, the Agent (as is the theme with many quests), exchanges murder for power.

Though it's not uniform, and the cult in Skyrim is a fairly straight-forwards cannibal cult, you're all right about that. Earlier portrayals of her seem to weigh the squalid and disgusting.

Her most related princes are probably Peryite and Vaermina. Plus some Nocturnal.
>>
>>51771335
I find Hircine interesting, though I wish we got to see more of his monsters/man beasts.
Azura seems pretty okay.
The more jovial interpretations of Sheogorath and Sanguine are pretty awesome. But Sheogorath in say, the accords of Madness where he tricks Malacath into giving him the sould of his demiprince son, was just cuntish.

Boethia is sorta hard to quantify since he/she shifts between intrigue and open combat a lot. (I wonder if any Orcs are GRATEFUL that Boethia turned Trinimac into Malacath?)
I love how Hermaeus Mora looks (in his statues/daggerfall/on the cover of the Black books. Hate his floating portals with only eyes/tentacles/frog eggs and no pincers.) and I do love books...

>>51771479
Peryite's gift is one of the most powerful in at least Skyrim and I recall it being pretty damned good in Oblivion too, so I think he bribes his followers really heavily.
Dagon is very much "Destroy everything and rule from atop the ruins"

>>51772516
More like trying to scrounge up stray pieces of Jyggalag's power.
>>
File: Capture7.png (57KB, 642x481px) Image search: [Google]
Capture7.png
57KB, 642x481px
Does the green cloak clash with the red dress too much?
>>
File: mm.jpg (30KB, 590x420px) Image search: [Google]
mm.jpg
30KB, 590x420px
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/5tjhuz/are_the_towers_being_deactivated_or_are_they/
>>
First for Breton's are best race of men and the best mages

Even though I hate Elves
>>
What would a typical day be like as a:

>Breton Court Wizard in Skyrim
>Nord studying in High Hrothgar to be a Greybeard
>City Orc serving in a Breton city
>Imperial recruiter in Morrowind
>Filthy N'wah in Morrowind
>>
>>51776269
>Imperial recruiter in Morrowind
>Filthy N'wah in Morrowind
Are you implying Imperials aren't filthy N'wah?
>>
>>51776269
>>Breton Court Wizard in Skyrim
Well Court Wizards are pretty well respected, or at least left alone at worst. so I'd imagine they'd be well fed and happy.
>>Nord studying in High Hrothgar to be a Greybeard
No one talks and you just listen to the wind howl.
>>City Orc serving in a Breton city
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>Imperial recruiter in Morrowind
>>Filthy N'wah in Morrowind
Why did you put this one twice?
>>
Tell me /tgesg/ why do you not join me in Daggerfall's Temple of Kynareth? You don't worship Daedra, right?
>>
>>51777018
>worshipping useless gods
No, thanks
>>
>>51777018
Magnus isn't a daedra.
>>
>>51774676
Green and red are complementary colors, outlander.
>>
>>51771479
I've always seen Dagon in a similar light as Shiva
Sure his aspects all negative and fucking horrible if they happen to you. But they will happen and a world where they didn't happen would stagnate and grow fat.

I'm currently facing my players against some an-xileel guerrilla resistance to the imperial rule in the land given to Leyawiin by Elsweyr in 3E 432. Give me trap ideas/ambush tactics they might use, either in blackwood or the sandy banks near the southern niben.
>>
>>51778956
>trap ideas/ambush tactics
Travel along the bottom of the river to go undetected
Makeshift bear-traps made from slaughterfish teeth and strong branches
Drop a basket of angry flesh flies on unsuspecting people
Coat spears with shit/venom/venomous shit
LIZARD WIZARDS
>>
>>51778956
I like the idea of Saxhleel utilising their ability to breathe underwater for ambushes. Lightly armed troops can swim underwater to conceal movement, and heavier troops could convivially walk across the riverbottom, though the Niben might be too formidable for that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukuryu
If your players travel by boat, you could have Argonians preying on the local shipping.
Small groups of soldiers weigh themselves down and wait at the riverbottom near where shipping lanes are known to go. Because they're almost impossible to detect, they can wait close to ports or other known stopping places.
At least one of the lizards is a mage, or has a staff. If nothing else you get a mage to cast a rune on a piece of wood, and then put that on a pole and push it into the ship's hull.
The goal is to create panic onboard, as there's little they can do against someone casting spells from the deeps below. Most likely they'll have no idea what's going on.
If the crew panic and jump overboard, they're vulnerable to swimming Argonians. If they get in a lifeboat, that's much easier to sink. If the Argonians are well equipped enough to sink the ship, that's even better. And if the ship manages to get away, there's a good chance traders might avoid the region, hurting it financially.

Or something along those lines, I dunno.
>>
>>51776514
Nord detected. You still salty about the 'rebellion'?
>>
>>51779299
>>51779468
Cheers guys I like the suggestions.
Hadn't thought at all about how they'd use the water to their advantage.

Vis a vis lizard wizards I already had them face an argonian druid. His only actions were to cast entangling roots and then try to escape by wildshaping into a frog.
The players inevitably caught him but I've been trying to ween them from their "torture everyone you capture" mode and so he could only speak Jel.
>>
File: Fucking N'wah.jpg (10KB, 236x283px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking N'wah.jpg
10KB, 236x283px
>>51779501
>Nord
>Saying "N'wah"
Fucking N'wahs.
>>
Which race has the most hate or distrust for daedra?
>>
>>51780255
Altmer
>>
How does everyone know I'm a Nord and not just a really tall Breton or Imperial? Do people in the TES have some sort of 6th sense that allows them to recognize other races? They can see it through armor even.
>>
>>51780633
They can tell by the stench.
>>
>>51780255
Chimer

:^)
>>
>>51770060

>I'm a little bitch with a whiny bitch voice
>>
I asked this last week but I don't think I ever got an answer
>inb4 ESO noncanon
I know, but after fighting this guy, I want to know:

Is time magic freely usable to mages in TES? I mean this guy, the Primate Artorius, literally froze time in the middle of the fight. Is that supposed to be possible normally, or is it only possible in the realm of a Dragonbreak(time being fucked already so further time fuckery is easier to achieve)?
>>
>>51780845
No, but ESO doesn't give a shit and has a constant habit to make time manipulation seem like a common thing.
>>
>>51780845

There was this one guy in the Shivering Isles, Earil, who practices chronomancy, but he never really elaborates on how easy it is to use.
>>
>>51780633
Probably has to do with your accent, like how dunmer in morrowind can tell you're an outlander.
>>
>>51780845
It would make sense if ESO was actually happening within a Dragon Break.
>>
>>51780845
It's obscure and difficult mysticism that's pretty much unheard of even in established magical societies. Which shouldn't surprise anyone, as messing with time is dicking around with divine stuff.
The Psijic Order have some access and understanding of it, as might Altmeri Mirror Logicians. Very powerful tonal magic can also shape time somewhat. It's only showed up in the games two times, both in Skyrim (Psijics and that slow time shout).

It happens, but it's very uncommon and apparently very complicated. And the only organisation we know for sure has access to the knowledge (the Psijics), are a mysterious bunch.

Though it may be as common as fireballs in ESO, I wouldn't know.
>>
>>51780350
You wat m8? Summerset is where Daedra worship is becoming the norm.
>>
>>51781017
What
>>
>>51776834
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
How Orsinium Passed to the Orcs mentioned a Breton lord had an Orc manservant.
>>
File: b22QF0I.jpg (68KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
b22QF0I.jpg
68KB, 1920x1080px
>>51768463
Daily reminder that if you post Apocrypha on /r/teslore, or post on /r/TrueSTL at all, you legitimately have autism and need to leave.
>>
>>51780990
>Though it may be as common as fireballs in ESO
Not really. The guy is the head of a fanatical group of Akatosh worshipers and he seems to be the only one capable of it. Maybe because it is so focused on his Time Aspect I guess? They are called the Order of the Hour after all so idk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weIzchoYx1o

Only other use of time travel was used by the Mages Guild in another quest but they made it clear in no short terms they learned how to do it from somewhere else and have no idea what they are doing while using that magic.
>>
>>51781045
>I understand Daedra worship has become increasingly prevalent in the Summerset Isle.
>>
File: Uvirith Bulb.jpg (482KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Uvirith Bulb.jpg
482KB, 1920x1080px
>>51781079
I'd fuck that bulb.
>>
>>51781102
Is what people were saying at the end of the 3rd Era, 200 years ago.

Traditionally the Altmer have disliked the Daedra the most. They're the ones that named them, after all.
>>
>>51781119
>Traditionally
The ones that follow tradition disappeared on an island of mage samurai or walked with not!Moses and started worshiping Daedra as the norm.
>>
>>51781251
Well, a lot of them did, but you have to remember that the Psijic's are/were deviating hardcore from the orthodoxy with their unique view of ancestor-worship to the point of their exile and the Velothi Exodus was all about giving a finger to stagnant and staunchly anti-Daedric Aldmeri mindset. That being the case, there's a tradition they both deviate from. A tradition of not liking Daedra, one that persists mostly up to the present day.
>>
What province has the spiciest food?
>>
>>51781482
Elsweyr, maybe.
>>
>>51781482
Morrowind or Hammerfell
>>51781492
Memecats like sweet food not spicy food.
>>
>>51781050
Orcs are only good when serving the better races. Even the Imperials realize this.
>>
File: emperor-cat-heidi-hooper.jpg (239KB, 707x900px) Image search: [Google]
emperor-cat-heidi-hooper.jpg
239KB, 707x900px
>>51781492
more like the miciest food xD
>>
File: mr_jingles_by_kezeff-d83lhtx.jpg (5MB, 2666x4000px) Image search: [Google]
mr_jingles_by_kezeff-d83lhtx.jpg
5MB, 2666x4000px
>>51781482
Morrowind, maybe. Rat meat is supposedly spiced very heavily to be eaten by Dunmer.

>>51781492
They're all about sweet food.
>>
>>51781482
Morrowind commoners use a bunch of spice to hide the taste of rat meat. Dunmeri food might just include something like curry, which is fitting given their resistance.

Besides Hammerfell, all the others seem a bit out of character. Bosmer can't use spices besides salt, Imperials barely even use salt, Nordic Wasabi isn't canon, Argonians mainly eat live fish, and although Breton cooking is surely the best, their uses of spice would probably be more subtle to enhance flavor and are probably to too hot.
>>
>>51781602
Wasabi isn't canon in the same way that more than 5 people living in a village isn't canon.
>>
>>51781602
>>51781581
>>51781530
>The real reason Dunmer have 75% Resist Fire isn't because they randomly stumble in magma like retards.
>It's because compared to their mom's cooking, magical fire is nothing.
Deepest lore.
>>
>>51781641
Oh, I'm sure Wasabi exist somewhere like Summerset or Akavir, but not in Skyrim.
>>
>>51781663
Well, yeah. It's (according to one source) an exotic trade good imported from Imperial controlled islands between Tamriel and Akavir. The Nords just like it the most.

But why couldn't it just be in Skyrim?
>>
>>51781602
>Bosmer can't use spices besides salt
Sure they can, they just have to import it. Same as just about everyone else who doesn't happen to live where the spice flows. Rothmeth, for example, is spiced.

>>51781663
Now you're just trying to be contrarian for the sake of it.
Let me guess, it is because "Alinor and Akavi r= Japan = Wasabi"?
>>
File: 1486606405728.png (202KB, 476x316px) Image search: [Google]
1486606405728.png
202KB, 476x316px
>>51781701
>>51781703
Because MK isn't canon. ESO is. Get over it, you dorks.
>>
>>51776514
THATS OUR WORD
>>
>>51770060
(You)

See UESRPG 3e. It's pretty great
>>
>>51781843
>THATS OUR WORD
You are right, its ours, your and mine :^)
>>
File: lhKmqsJ.jpg (22KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
lhKmqsJ.jpg
22KB, 320x400px
http://www.strawpoll.me/12362701

It's that time again.
>>
>>51782006
That's so hard.

I'd love Sujamma because it's pretty much Dunmeri everclear that will just fuck you and your liver up.

I love Mazte because it's nice to have something like beer to just drink without having to down it.

It has to be Flin, though. It's Whiskey that makes you feel good with none of the side effects.
>>
How quickly does each race reproduce?

When is maturity reached for each race?

If Mer (except Orsimer) take longer to reach maturity, do they have longer a longer puberty?

Any lore sources on, "coming of age" rituals or trials?
>>
>>51782006
Shein, probably, since i tend to favor wines but I'm not such a pussy that I'd take the watered down cyrod alcohol.
>>
>>51782373
A few minutes. Maybe a few hours with a Dunmer or a Breton.

It's hard to define maturity since different people mature at different rates. Elves become "Adults" at roughly the same time as humans.

Nords have a trial of manhood by killing Ice Wraiths.
>>
File: smug bosmer color.png (57KB, 262x258px) Image search: [Google]
smug bosmer color.png
57KB, 262x258px
>>51782387
>watered down cyrod alcohol.
>Implying it isn't magical top shelf liquor that makes you feel the good parts of being drunk without getting hung over or sending unsolicited dick pics on memospore.
>>
>>51782457
>Maybe a few hours with a Dunmer or a Breton.
Do they need that much foreplay?

>Nords have a trial of manhood by killing Ice Wraiths.
Isn't that just the Stormcloak initiation thing, not a trial of manhood?
>>
>>51782510
More of a joke about how much they fuck.

That's what the initiation is based on. I remember reading this somewhere, I'll look through some books to try and find it.
>>
>>51782566
So how rapidly do they reproduce? Because it seemed Men replenished their numbers after the War faster than the Altmer did.

Also when were Bretons sex addicts? Dunmer yes, but Bretons too?
>>
>>51782566
>>51782510
Found it.
>http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/Skyrim
>Outsiders are a rarity, usually a once-yearly visit from an itinerant peddler. The young men go out for weeks into the high peaks in the dead of winter, hunting the ice wraiths that give them claim to full status as citizens (a laudable practice that could serve as a model for the more "civilized" regions of the Empire).

For all the shit people give it, Skyrim is surprisingly similar to the Pocket Guide description, keeping in mind the amount of time that has passed.
>>51782610
I remember something in Morrowind saying they reproduce based on how populated they are, so probably not quite as fast, but faster than you'd think.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Jokes
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Rude_Song

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:A_Less_Rude_Song
A less rude song contests this, though, saying it's an invention of bards, but the tone seems to indicate the author is dickwaving. Most fans of Daggerfall like to make jokes about how that was a thing, though, with a barely scrapped Prostitutes Guild, several titties hanging out everywhere, and rippling knights and healers in magic loincloths.
>>
File: file.png (292KB, 1184x928px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
292KB, 1184x928px
>>51782373
Let's have a look at The Real Barenziah:
>"How old are you, Berry? Seventeen? Well, you've a year or two yet before you're fertile"
So Dunmer females are fertile from around age 18-20, more or less around the same time as you'd expect humans to be in TES. Menarche happens a lot sooner now, in real life, but TES isn't exactly modern.

>"If you go on keeping company with Khajiits and humans and what have you, you'll find yourself pregnant in next to no time"
>"Elves don't have children readily with other Elves after that, even"
So it seems like Merish fertility is low, though it might have a lot to do with lower male fertility.
Also, all quotes until now are from a Nord woman, if you think that matters. Oh, and of course the book is written by a biographer, so there's layers of unreliable narrator. Though I still think this is believable.

>"Sire. It is her child. Children are few among the Elves. No Elven woman conceives more than four times, and that is very rare. Two is the usual number. Some bear none, even, and some only one. If I take this one from her, Sire, she may not conceive again"
Tiber Septim's Altmer healer about Barenziah's pregnancy.

>All was well -- save that the royal marriage had produced no children. No heirs.
>Elven children are slow to come, and most demanding of their welcome -- and noble children more so than others. Thus many decades had come to pass before they grew concerned.
Being childless for decades is seemingly also not uncommon.
>>
File: LrB7Afj.jpg (46KB, 540x369px) Image search: [Google]
LrB7Afj.jpg
46KB, 540x369px
>>51782936
>Mfw we're still number one at something.
>>
>>51783011
Do you really want to be number one in fertile children?
>>
>>51783038
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>51783038
How else do you think humans dominated everything? We out fucked every other human subspecies.
>>
Are there barbers in Tamriel or do people shave and cut their hair on their own?
>>
>>51783359
Why wouldn't there be barbers?
>>
File: 1434964018019.png (578KB, 742x1144px) Image search: [Google]
1434964018019.png
578KB, 742x1144px
>>51768463
I'll admit, Oblivion was my first TES game, and I know a lot of people don't like it much.

But I still felt its introduction, which not as straight-forward as Morrowind's, was good and honestly rather powerful at times, with a good voice actor to really sell the Emperor as a character. And stepping out of that dark tunnel into the bright and beautiful world, and being told you were free to explore it...priceless. I wish I could really relive that moment again. Maybe even be totally ignorant of this huge setting just so I could rediscover it all again.
>>
>>51780633
For one, Nords tend to look slightly different from Bretons and Imperials in terms of hair color and skin tone. Sometimes it gets vague, but usually it's fairly straightforward.

For another, there's culture and accent. Only in cosmopolitan Cyrodiil would you probably have many people of various races that were actually born in the province - you can see this in Skyrim as much as Morrowind. Most other provinces only really get newcoming races as outlanders, and clothes, accent, and even just how you carry yourself would speak millions.
>>
>>51782006
>What sounds better

That's a very difficult question, and one I didn't fully understand until I answered the poll. Ah well.

Cyrodillic Brandy has the nicest sounding name to me, since it's familiar and sounds fancy (put a place name in front of a food or drink, it just sounds better), but Sujamma also sounds very nice. Matze, Flin and Greef do not sound appetizing.

I choose Greef because I like brandy IRL and the effect works well enough for my usage without being as expensive as Flin, simple as that. I also know that comberry is used in it, and I can almost imagine it being made in a winery.
>>
>>51782936
Do Orcs reproduce as rapidly as humans, or as quickly as mer?
>>
File: 1475972451907.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475972451907.gif
2MB, 320x240px
What kind of a government and military do the Argonians have and could they take on the Empire?
>>
>>51783996
Answer: HIST
>>
File: 1437892376287.png (985KB, 800x566px) Image search: [Google]
1437892376287.png
985KB, 800x566px
>>51783996
I'm not sure, but I'd argue it's a sort of tribal confederacy, perhaps a theocracy (the central figures being the Hist).

But it's hard to say when Argonia hasn't existed as a definite entity before Imperial settlement - probably because Imperial historians didn't care much for it. But they were able to repel a Daedric invasion all by themselves, which is pretty badass, so they must at least have weight of numbers if not any proper infrastructure.

I'd be tempted to homebrew it as the rough confederacy formed under Shaka Zulu by conquering other tribes, or like the Iroquois Confederacy - essentially tribal, but able to/is loosely united by a central leader or concept.
>>
File: 1485224443309.jpg (53KB, 917x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485224443309.jpg
53KB, 917x640px
>>51776514
>>
>>51771479
I preffer Meridia and maybe Peryite after her.

>Dagon.
It's the random generic demon lord set on a path to conquer or destroy the world.
He wasn't like that originally. Alduin ate him AGAIN and chose to curse him to destroy every part of Mundus that Dagon hid from him.

Basically Dagon is the one who made sure the various continents and races managed to land on Nirn in this Kalpa.
>He saved Mer, Men and beast races from being devoured by Alduin.
>>
>>51776269
>>Breton Court Wizard in Skyrim
Left to your own devices, studies and hobbies leading a comfy life.
And from time to time you have to help deal with some magic related problems like necromancers, spriggans and other magic creatures.

>>Nord studying in High Hrothgar to be a Greybeard
Acting like the cleaning lady most of the time, then eating, sleeping, shitting, parying to Kynareth and meditating/learning about shouts form a teacher.

>>City Orc serving in a Breton city
Typical thug working as a bouncer.
Getting harrassed and called mean words you don't understand by Breton youths.

>>Imperial recruiter in Morrowind
Getting strange sometimes hostile looks from the local Dunmer but still feel relativley welcome because i bring buisness and work.
+ Dunmer woen are fucking sluts and i love them.

>>Filthy N'wah in Morrowind
Have to watch out to not get murdered if i don't bring usefull things like buisness opportunities.
Have to watch out not to get kidnapped by some Dunmer slut or worse Dunmer man who will keep me in their basement for experiments or play.
>>
>>51782006
>no Vintage Brandy or Dagoth Brandy
Do you expect a Telvanni lord to drink that commoner piss? Fetching N'wah these days.
>>
>>51780255
That would be Redguards wierdly enough and Wood elves right after them with Nords and Imperials sharing third place.
>>
>>51780633
Facial features.
Imperials have jawtastic jaws.
Bretons have slightly pointed ears and soft rounded faces.
Nords are inbetween...So actually i think it would be hard to tell a Nord apart from the other two instead.
>>
>>51780845
There's a slow-time shout so there's definetly canon time-magic but it's probably limited to high tier alteration or mysticizm.
>>
>>51780633
Really tall Imperial/Breton would be extremely rare. In fact I don't think we have ever seen them in games. Besides, people would still ASSUME that really tall Imperial who looks like Nord (beard, "aryan" look and all) is a Nord.
>>
>>51782510
>>Nords have a trial of manhood by killing Ice Wraiths.
>Isn't that just the Stormcloak initiation thing, not a trial of manhood?

Stormcloacks just adopted an old fading tradition.
>>
>>51784614
Shouts are Tonal Architecture, not magic. Magic is powered by Magicka (energy coming from Magnus/sun) while Shouts are direct manipulation of the fabric of reality. TES universe is a song and by manipulating it's tones one can affect reality.
>>
I literally just encountered 6 fucking skeletons in a small room in Daggerfall at level 5. It was so difficult to kill them all....I like this game
>>
>>51784515
>Left to your own devices, studies and hobbies leading a comfy life.
Would the supply of court wizards ever get too high, leading to oversaturation and a lack of work for the common wizard aside from murderhoboing?

Or are the Nords too, "duh magic is fer cowards" to ever do that?

>Acting like the cleaning lady most of the time, then eating, sleeping, shitting, parying to Kynareth and meditating/learning about shouts form a teacher.

So I know Arngeir can talk, but what if they have only Greybeards who haven't mastered it to the point where they can control it and talk normally? Also, how exactly does learning a Shout as a non-Dragonborn work?

>Typical thug working as a bouncer.
Orcish smiths not common in Breton towns?

>Getting strange sometimes hostile looks from the local Dunmer but still feel relativley welcome because i bring buisness and work.
I guess their extreme pride in being a non-outlander Dunmer doesn't matter much in the face of money?

>Have to watch out not to get kidnapped by some Dunmer slut or worse Dunmer man who will keep me in their basement for experiments or play.
Are Dunmer really depraved enough to bone something they deem inferior?
>>
What are some good creative lore-friendly spell names in Morrowind for:
Sanctuary
Dispel
Reflect
Telekinesis
>>
>>51782006
>greef that low...
I assume that mages are minority here.
>>
>>51784961
>Protection of Almsivi/Daedron Probability Manipulation
>St. Sotha's Magicka Trap/Tonal Anti-Magicka Field
>Mirror of Almalexia/Daedron Reflector Field
>Reaching hand of Vivec/Tonal Magnetic Manipulator

First is for the religious and second is for wizards
>>
>>51785046
Flin is better for mages. Besides if you're playing your mage right, you don't really need strength for anything else than carrying your stuff.
>>
File: 1482115938695.jpg (213KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1482115938695.jpg
213KB, 1000x1333px
>>51785130
Flin and cyrod brandy is fine when you do job in town but out there in wilderness you can't reliably get those. As atronach it's bothersome to drink them head-splitting booze but downing a greef is no problem. And last, name kinda fits after day of ruins diving and jump spells testing.
>>
>>51784869
>Are Dunmer really depraved enough to bone something they deem inferior?

I don't think he meant (copulatory) sex by the play:
>After all, the preferred sort of lewdity In these parts is far more pernicious.
>From the Ashlanders to the wettest fishes You'll find pleasure and pain quite delicious
>In Morrowind.
>>
>>51782936
now extrapolate for me how western civilization works based on fifty shades of gray
>>
>>51784869
>Would the supply of court wizards ever get too high, leading to oversaturation and a lack of work for the common wizard aside from murderhoboing?
>Or are the Nords too, "duh magic is fer cowards" to ever do that?

Most courts would probably employ at least a few wizards who may work as assistants for the court wizard.
Otherwise to become a thane or work as a merchant takes not so much effort on a competent wizard and earingn money is pretty easy with the Nords demanding magic axes all the time.

Argenir explains it when the DB comes to High Hrothgar for the first time.
People learn the word through the script and then have to meditate for a long time to unlock its meaning and powers.

>Orcish smiths not common in Breton towns?
Well i almost forget about that but you have to remember that Bretons are like Kebab-removers when they meet Orsimer most of the time.
Outside of stationed Legion soldiers and veterans the most Orcs would be menial labourers and thugs.

>I guess their extreme pride in being a non-outlander Dunmer doesn't matter much in the face of money?
Dunmer are pragmatic and as long as they get work and money out of something (and can't backstab their way through it) they will behave well enough and sometimes even get friendly.
However the major point is Dunmer women will take the D from anything with two leggs and Dunmer men will fuck anything on two leggs.

>Are Dunmer really depraved enough to bone something they deem inferior?

The Argonian maid.
>>
>>51771335
>Also, what is your favorite daedric prince?
I think Vaermina is very interesting, it would be neat if the next TES game gave her more attention, like how Azura is Morrowind, Mehrunes Oblivion, and Mora in Skyrim
>>
>>51783996
In 4E they have the An-Xileel who are the de facto government of Blackmarsh.

The Hist are ofthen cited but this is incorrect, the Hists goals are too out there to be anything even remotley simmilar to a normal government, if the Hist have plans, the argonians rally to action, but what this action is is ofthen hard to determine.

The Hist are building their own Amaranth so the only thing the argonians are doing for the Hist is collecting memories, which is why so many argonians migrate around, learning about the world, eventually returning to the marsh and adding those memories to the internal dream of the Hist mind.

The An Xileel apepar to be a recent thing formed around the time of the Red Year, according to Brand-Sheis Journal and the Card game the An-Xileel seem to have the first standing Army of Argonians since the early third era and they seem to be somewhat coherent.

Argonian government when there are no an-xileel: There have been mentions of Argonian Kings and Priest Kings of specific cities.
We also know Archcanons exist, they appear to be Governors of sorts, the tribes mostly govern themselves but they operate on some unwritten codes, all serve the Hist in their own way.

>could they take on the Empire

Irrelevant, they wont.
They have no incentive to do so. If the Hist wanted the empire gone, they could supercharge the Argonians, the Argonians on their own couldnt take the empire.

Black Marsh simply isnt rich enaugh in metals to have an army of the same level fo the empire, youd generaly have an army with very bad armor and armed primarily with spears and shortswords, Shaka Zuu as this anon points out is probably not a bd comparison >>51784123
According to Brand Sheis Journal the argonians use "Barbed swords" which in general doesnt sound like a high level of technological fidelty, the newer sources seem to agree with this notion.

The Argonian Military if there is such a thing is primarily usefull in harsh terrain,
>>
>>51785492
>The Argonian maid
>takes an erotic play starring an Imperial man with and Imperial name, written by a gay molester Imperial who migrated to Vvardenfell for the liberty to pursue his decadent lifestyle, as a guide to the Dunmer culture with more than thousand years history
Zero-sum yourself out of existence to be honest.
>>
>>51780845
>Priest of Akatosh

makes sense to me, time is just another Earth Bone so why wouldnt you be able to manipulate it in one way or another?

I mean time travel is extremley common in TES, tho its mostly done by mythic ways rather than magic, as in Pelinal or KINMUNE (inb4 kinmune is just fan fiction) to name two prominent examples.
The Dragon in TES breaks easily, id imagine tho that the Jillians will be showing up at your door if you slow down time willy nilly.

Either way id say its not the weirdest thing that magic has done in TES.
>>
>>51784672
>>51782727
>>51782566
So if a woman does it she becomes a man?
>>
>>51786156
It's a tradition for Nord boys to be acknowledge as men.

Nord women just need to grow boobs to get acknowledged as adults.
>>
>>51786156
Stop trying to seduce me with your feminine beard you filthy Nord!
>>
>>51786156
I'm pretty sure she does for social purposes. You know nords are pretty egalitarian society and warrior women are common.
>>
>>51784598
>Bretons have soft, rounded faces.
In Oblivion. In Morrowind, Skyrim,and lore, they have gaunt, narrow faces.
>>
>>51785478
It's canon, anon. Just because it comes from smut doesn't change that.
Some of our understanding of how magic works comes from fiction. We normally assume that the depiction of magic is accurate even if the exactness of events are not.
>>
>>51786292
They are now, but thinking back, Orcs were supposed to be the ones who treated women like men according to their description in Morrowind.

Now in Skyrim we have their weird tribal incest structure.
>>
>>51784662
There's a much bigger variety in lore than we see in games. I believe Chance's Folly makes mention that the insane Breton is tall and muscled. Not to mention regions where Bretons have more Nordic blood are probably a bit taller the same way Nords with Breton blood might not be as tall.
>>
>>51785478
Mind telling me why Queen Bee would want to have blatantly false information about her own race's reproductive tendencies in her biography?
Or rather, why would a scholarly biographer bent on uncovering the true story misrepresent such basic facts?
>>
File: h.png (525KB, 650x651px) Image search: [Google]
h.png
525KB, 650x651px
is it just me or did Magnus do a really poor job with Nirn

You can't go a century without Akatosh having to correct some unhandled exception that fucks up causality itself
>>
>>51783359
Yes.
>>
>>51787075
How many worlds have you made?
>>
>>51787120
that's not an argument

admit that you half assed this shit
>>
>>51781096
so what's the explanation for the player to not be frozen in time?
>>
>>51784712
>Damn, i forgot about that. We really did rip of LOTR. Or, hey, we are the future kalpa of middle earth.
>>
>>51787075
to be fair, he left halfway through, leaving akatosh and a fraction of the others to fix it.
>>
>>51787130
Nigga it's the first world I made this kalpa. How about you take a 5 minute course in Python and lets see what you make.
>>
>>51787075
>Akatosh
>Fixing anything
Nothing is more broken than Aka. Now the Jills, they're good.
>>
>>51787071
Take a look at Vivec, Almalexia and their deeds. Almalexia for example makes Barenziah look like a virgin. Dunmer sexuality in general is pretty extreme and wild. There's also mentions that Molag Bal regularly tries to upset their bloodlines which likely means that he makes them promiscuous.

It would seem the reason why Dunmer are very sexually conservative (while being also promiscuous and wild) is that they try minimize problems caused by their innate sexual habits. Little information we have about Chimer society would imply that back then they were extremely decadent, but that might have been because of their open Daedra worship which included bad Daedra.
>>
>>51787517
Ah, replied to wrong guy, but it should be obvious who I really intended to reply.
>>
File: 1471659877945.jpg (2MB, 4157x1825px) Image search: [Google]
1471659877945.jpg
2MB, 4157x1825px
http://www.strawpoll.me/12365580

No N'wahs allowed edition.

>>51784568
Better?
>>
>>51788196
3E427, skoom it!
>>
Will the dwemers ever comeback? What will happen to them when this kalpa ends and the next begins? Will any race ever achieve tecnology as advanced as the dwemer did?
>>
>>51788268
>Will the dwemers ever comeback?
most likely not. They've been deleted from reality, you can't get much deader than that.

>What will happen to them when this kalpa ends and the next begins?
nothing will change, most likely.

>Will any race ever achieve tecnology as advanced as the dwemer did?
maybe? Everyone "evolved" from the same stock, so there's nothing really preventing anyone from achieving their level of technology.

Keep in mind that their greatest achievement(tonal architecture) is not completely unique. Both Sword Singing and the Thu'um are related to it, but in a more artistic rather than scientific way.
>>
>>51788268
>Will the dwemers ever comeback?
I sure hope fucking not.
>>
>>51788196
>no option for Muatra milk
Dropped
>>
>>51788311
That's what bleach is.
>>
File: Vehk.jpg (100KB, 568x800px) Image search: [Google]
Vehk.jpg
100KB, 568x800px
>>51788311
>ywn drink directly from Vehk's milkfinger
it hurts
>>
>>51783406
It was a good opening to tell a story, but they really needed a proper path to the imperial city from the sewers instead of having to run over the hill grass.
It also suffered from the same thing skyrim suffered from, a false sense of urgency.
Maybe if the tunnel opened up so like the city was at least in view, but while you enjoyed being thrown into the world after the sewers, from a narrative standpoint they dropped the ball hard.
>>
>>51788310
Why?! Dwemers are fucking cool
>>
>>51788296
Dwemer haven't been deleted from reality. They exist outside reality in form of Numidium.
>>
>>51788401
As they are, yes. I love them. They should stay this way.

Seeing how progressively shit the lore is getting, do you want the retconhammer bashing on dwarves?
>>
>>51788401
>Dwemers are fucking assholes
Fixed.
>>
>>51788427
I don't want Bethesda touching anything at this point. They need to hire more trippy writers.
>>
>>51788430
I really hate how they changed Dwemer to be very black and white assholes in Skyrim. In Morrowind they were portrayed much better and felt like real people despite having deeply misguided view of the world.
>>
>>51788511
>having a view of the world as it really is.
fixed
>>
The Green Pact is really fucking lame. Surely not all Bosmer follow it?
>>
How many of these things exist in Tamriel?

>Coffee
>Marijuana
>Psilocybin mushrooms
>Ice Cream

>>51788486
I volunteer.
>>
>>51788511
It's not immoral if it's for science.
Plus the translation for Calcelmo's Stone gave some neat insight into why the Dwemer decided to fuck the Falmer over so badly.

Ye sa sou meldi calne tarn va nou molagnenseli,ye trumbi nou bala.
And so it was that your people were given passage to our steam gardens, and the protections of our power. (literally “protection of our mathematics”)

Ilpen av sou meldi nagaiale as guntumnia, spantelepe-laelia arani Morae, ye sou liebali racuvane, ye nu rautane sye, ye nu hautalle nou buroi gume sou gravuloi, sa metane sye garlis.
Many of your people had perished under the roaring, snow-throated kings of Mora, and your wills were broken, and we heard you, and sent our machines against your enemies, to thereby take you under.

Frey as gandra dwemera tarcellane sou agea, ye frey as emeratis Avatheledia carelle sou anyamissi bisia silya.
Only by the grace of the Dwemer did your culture survive, and only by the fifteen-and-one tones did your new lives begin.

Nu hecta sou arcten, rias nu nemalauta ge. Nu hecta sou epegandra, rias ne nemalauta ge.
We do not desire thanks, for we do not believe in it. We do not ask for gratitude, for we do not believe in it.

Nu frey sepa sye arcta varlor denai, cullei noue staneia.
We only request you partake of the symbol of our bond, the fruit of the stones around us. [lit. “we only ask you to accept”] (literally “the fruit of our stones”)

Ye ry sou alasil auta, ry loria shanta, abagaiavoy.
And as your vision clouds, as the darkness sets in, fear not.

Malautavoy fey nou darre ye alata nou malae, asma moraga sou anyamis av sercen pado, ye gethena sou wend narilia vey emeratu sou oia bisia.
Know only our mercy and the radiance of our affection, which unbinds your bones to the earth before, and sets your final path to the music of your new eternity.
>>
File: file.png (226KB, 600x332px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
226KB, 600x332px
>>51783987
I don't know. Why are you asking me, do you think I'm some sort of elf sex expert?

>>51784712
Honestly the difference is fairly superficial, and pretty much irrelevant in the big scheme of things. They're but just ways to enforce your will upon reality. Different methods to will into being.

Sure, it's all a song, I'm not going to deny that, but it's also light and colour:
>"Can't see right? Ears will for you. Can't hear right? Eyes will for you."
>"Can you see the admixture of color and sound yet?"
>"Hope has a color and a sound and a taste and a touch and 11 more sense you don't know you have yet."
And this is why MK keeps talking about synaesthesia.
>>
>>51788547
>How many of these things exist in Tamriel?
Everything

How much obscure religious lore do you know?
>>
>>51788554
What exactly did they want to achieve with the blinding? An ascension experiment?
>>
>>51788614
maybe a safeguard to make sure falmer wouldn't learn dwemer secrets?

also pretty helpful to prevent uprisings.
>>
>>51788631
Still a pretty dickish thing to do. They could have just let them loose on the Heartlands. Let the Aeylids take care of them.
>>
>>51788587
Pretty much all the CHIM/Amaranth/Mantling stuff.

Also, a fair chunk of MK weird non-canon stuff like the stuff on Meridia or continents being different times, but I don't really buy into those.
>>
>>51788614
They wanted to destroy snow elves conscience, turning them into animals. This way they would lose their black souls, which makes it easier to harvest (black soul gems are fucking rare, it's a lot easier and efficient to use small soul gems) their souls for dwemers' machines
>>
>>51788531
You're only partly right. Their views of world were similar to Old Ways of Altmer/Psijics (which is the truth), but on top of that they had fedora-tier world refusal which was their doom.
>>
>>51788614
>>51788631
The observer is always crippled.
>>
>>51786845
Now, I usually refrain from joining in on the Skyrim hate parade, but they really shit the bed with Orc strongholds. It's just brought up out of the blue, with no mention in any previous game or text. I do not like it at all, though it could at least have been remedied by text or dialogue which clarified if this was a new practice, or a regional tradition.

I'll paste something I've written before:
>The Stronghold societies seen in Skyrim are to the best of my knowledge not seen in any previous title, and while it's hard to prove the absence of something in such a large body of text, I'm very certain that the word "stronghold" is never used in the Skyrim sense in any pre-Skyrim Orc source I have read. In fact, sources from Daggerfall (Gortwog's Minat tribe) to Oblivion (Emmeg Gro-Kayra's tribe) are consistent in describing Orcs as tribal.

>Now, lore being what it is, that doesn't mean that strongholds only started being a thing around the time of Skyrim, but it's kind of hard to know. Maybe they've been a part of Orcish society since the dawn of time, maybe they're a recent result of the upheaval and migration following the destruction of Gortwog's Orsinium. Maybe they're a regional thing found among the Orcs of the Eastern Reach. We don't know, though I think it's more or less safe to assume that since texts mostly talk about tribes, we can assume that in High Rock/Hammerfell, Orcs have historically been tribal, not bound to Skyrim-esque strongholds.
>>
>>51788664
>Old Ways of Altmer/Psijics
other than 'The Old Ways', what books can I read to know more about this?
>>
>>51788547
>>Coffee
It's in ESO
>>Marijuana
Probably not, but there's a SHIT ton of other drugs.
>>Psilocybin mushrooms
Definitely.
>>Ice Cream
I think this exists? Probably made by Bretons.
>>
>>51788268
We actually know almost exactly what happened to the Dwemer. Yes, they do come back. Sort of.

>What will happen to them when this kalpa ends and the next begins?
It's not going to happen this time.

>Will any race ever achieve tecnology as advanced as the dwemer did?
Yes, and technology like Imperial and Altmeri space ships have existed in the past.

>>51788536
Yup, not all of them do.

>>51788614
Look into tonal architecture, AE gradients, and sensory deprivation.
>>
>>51788536
Nah, those outside of Valenwood don't have to, but most do loosely because that's just their culture. There's a story in Morrowind of a Bosmer who eats apples and becomes a duke in Highrock.

>>51788547
>Coffee
Almost definitely, just not as popular as tea outside of Hammerfell.
>Marijuana
If hemp exists, so does Marijuana. The only mention of hemp is in ESO, though.
>Mushrooms
Probably. It's mostly a North American thing, but then again, so are potatoes and cacti.
>Ice Cream
Sort of. It's mentioned that Highrock nobles eat an icy dessert with fritters, but I highly doubt that a commoner would ever hear of it.
>>
>>51788779
Annotated Anuad is really good read on this since it's basically Altmer creation myth, but I'm sure you have already read it as it's considered to be one of most important books.
>>
>>51788779
It's basically esoteric Mysticism.
>>
File: PAElcw1.jpg (14KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
PAElcw1.jpg
14KB, 600x468px
>>51788833
>If ESO is canon, so is weed.
>>
I know many Khajiit and Argonians aren't really fans of eachother.

And I knowill many Altmer look down on Bosmer, much as they do every other race, as lesser.

Both races being largely indegineous peoples, are there any records of Bosmer and Argonians respecting eachother? Or do they just keep to themselves?
>>
>>51788931
>Annotated Anuad
Indeed I already read it, bu isn't it different from the altmer creation myth presented in "The Monomyth"? I also find it interesting that the Akaviri "humans" are the snake-men and Redguards are a different group.

Another question, why are wandering ehlnofey considered different than the ehlnofey that originated the elves? are they padomaic in nature?
>>
>>51789038
It's purely a political distinction. WE = were okay with Mundus.
>>
>>51788992
>I know many Khajiit and Argonians aren't really fans of eachother.
Where is this ever mentioned? I thought they respected each other as the "outcast beast races"
>>
>>51789054
So the ehlnofey that originated the elves are the ones that considers themselves tricked by Lorkhan and didn't want to die at all?

The Anuad doen't mention Lorkhan, the convention and there aren't 12 worlds as far as I know
>>
>>51789038
Man difference is that Anuad goes into deepair detail about origins of the world and it's creator Anu.
>>
>>51789119
I think that the Anuad is the Ayleid influenced Bosmeri creation myth, but I might be mixing things up. I never really got the whole 12 worlds thing, it's either older versions/dreams of reality or the personal realms of the ada before Mundus was created. The Anuad is like a super condensed and simplified version of these events, anyway. You could look at a phrase like "[Padomay] swung his sword" as being Lorkhan. I'm recalling something about Lorkhan being the agent of Sithis in order to "destroy the world."
>>
>>51789213
>I'm recalling something about Lorkhan being the agent of Sithis in order to "destroy the world."
Yep, its in the book "Sithis"
>>
>>51789119
12 worlds are what existed before the convention and creation of Nirn. Nirn was made out of those 12 worlds.
>>
>>51789234
Which were still not really clear on what that means.
>>
>>51788401
Honestly i dont like em any´more.
The reason why i dont want them to come back is because that would kill the mystery, but realy there istn any mystery left. Golden skin etc. We pretty much know the important bits and everything else is for the most part deliberatley alien.
Whenever i see a Dwemer ruin in a game i just find it boring, because i know exactly what im gonna get, Dwemer enemies and no answers.
Morrowind at least gave you some new questions in Dwemer ruins but Skyrim just made them Dungeons for the sake of Dungeons. I guess it makes sense that the Skyrim ruins are all fortresses far from their heartland but still, would expect more.
Same goes for Ayleids realy, tho ayleids got some interresting bits from their Flesh shaping and whatnot.

I find myself increasinlgy more interrested in the less obviously mysterious cultures, like the Nedes or the Kothringi, or whatever the fuck was up with Argonians before they degenerated into mud huts.

>>51788614
>>51788668
Got a point there, a neat one. Perhaps they wanted the Falmer as the Observer for their numidium.

>>51788587
>Ice Cream
Fucking anachronisle bullshit.

>Obscure lore
i primarily favor that obscure lore that is not metaphysical, all the old developer posts fleshing out Thras and Yokuda aswell as Blackmarsh were fairly great.
Not to mention Tenders to the Mane, of course the Anachronisle dropped the ball but thats MK for you.

>>51788676
fairly sure the Strongholds are just an explanation as to what the fuck the Orcs even do when Orsinium is convenietnly destroyed again, its more dealing with daggerfall era lore.
Also: Just because its a Retcon doesnt mean its bad. The Code of Malacath is a great piece of lore and Stronghold Orc society is something quite strange and fascinating of its own.
>>51788833
>Mushrooms
Morrowind, come on, some of those gotta work.
>>
>>51789270
That's why it's so interesting book. Mysteries are lifeblood of lorebeards afterall. Sadly, there isn't any other books on this topic or atleast I don't remember any. Limitations of human memory is such a tragic thing. I have read all the books and much more several times, but I still forget so much.

Guess it's soon time to play Morrowind again soon and read all books.
>>
>>51788992
>>51789055

Good that you ask! See i have asked myself this question too for a while because i knew ive read it somewhere but couldnt remember where, for a while i thought i had just passed off some Forum apocrypha for fact or just took the oblivion leyawiin thign too seriously.
But no its from a lorebook.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Antecedants_of_Dwemer_Law

This seems to imply that in the Tenmar forest Tribal Khajiit clash with Tribal Argonians
>>
>>51789374
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_cream
>>
>>51787172
Not sure. I think it has to do with the fact they are kinda Padomaic now. Their soul is gone and in its place is the stuff that forms Daedric entities so maybe as a result the rules of Aedra can be bent around them?

It would certainly explain why magic designed to rip a soul from a mortal's body doesn't affect them.
>>
>>51789374
Anachronisle is a document from another timeline, so it's kind of weird on purpose.

>>51789445
The 12W are also mentioned in the Tsaesci creation myth.
>There was the Biting, which broke the twelve worlds and their name-eggs...
>>
>>51788826
>It's not going to happen this time.
I don't know. If they follow MK's stuff to the letter then yeah, but Bethesda could just as easily do what Lucasarts does and cherrypick what they like and leave the rest.

I expect one of the TES games will be like
>Landfall occurs, but Numidium is defeated by [player] before it does too much damage.
>>
File: End my suffering.jpg (76KB, 500x575px) Image search: [Google]
End my suffering.jpg
76KB, 500x575px
>>51789621
>Numidium is defeated
I hope not. Just end the world already, Nirn is going to shit.
>>
>>51789621
That's true, but even then it's established that this kalpa is special, Akatosh likes it, tons of things have happened it in that haven't in previous, it's gone on far longer than intended and now even Alduin has been stopped, etc. The meta-plot is clearly building to something, and most stories involving cycles are about how "this time is different."

Anyway, that would be a cool game. Even if Landfall is prevented (possibly because of the Loveletter) the kalpa is still going to drag on until someone finally achieves Amaranth, because "this time it's different." It would be tough to stop the Numidium if even all our Nerevarines couldn't.
>>
These texts provide some insight into the views of the Psijics.

https://www.imperial-library.info/content/concerning-psijic-order-and-psijic-endeavor
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/aldmeri-ancestor-worship
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/source-chaos
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/sotha-sils-last-words (read the last letter)
>>51788931
>Altmer creation myth
It's the Ayleid creation myth, and a seemingly watered down version at that.
>>
>>51789693
meant for
>>51788664
>>
File: Language Map.png (43KB, 1204x650px) Image search: [Google]
Language Map.png
43KB, 1204x650px
Progress has slowed down considerably because I was busy but nevertheless, here's how far I've come by now.
>>
>>51789374
>fairly sure the Strongholds are just an explanation as to what the fuck the Orcs even do when Orsinium is convenietnly destroyed again
Except we already know that. They go tribal, and sometimes form cool shit like the Cursed Legion. It's been established.

>Just because its a Retcon doesnt mean its bad
But it sure doesn't mean that it's good either, and strongholds are such a nonsensical development to draw out of a hat. It's an entirely predictable and cliched "generic barbarian" society that doesn't have a lot of flavour to it.

It's not like strongholds is the worst thing ever, or that it ruined Orc lore, it's just kind of unengaging and disappointing. They live in standard barbarian communities with a chief and his harem, weregild with extra blood, have their mandatory wise woman, and generally just barb' around.
>>
>>51788427
>Seeing how progressively shit the lore is getting,
I am honestly not seeing this, shivering isles and dragonborn were neat, dawnguard had a few interesting bits, and even base skyrim had plenty of amusing things like arniels endevour, that ghost of talos' old pal, the quest about dwemer tech etc
>>
from TESG

>>168719025
>>168719176

man, those ones are great!
>>
>>51789213
I'm pretty sure Anuad actually is the Aldmer creation myth. That's why it also tells of things before convention. Like said in Anuad, Aldmer retained their knowledge after creation.
>>
>>51789834

both dead

heres the link

>janpospisil.blogspot.com
>>
>>51788398
It was weird how they went 'there is something of critical importance for you to do,' and then right after you got out there was a message that said 'feel free to fuck around.' And you're right, having to turn around and know to run into the city is weird. I personally ended up looping around to the main entrance at the Temple District.

Still, it was my first, and it's hard to deny it a place on my heart. I still think that the graphics hold up well in a few ways, and it has a color and magic that seems missing from Skyrim.
>>
>>51783406
>the ending of the words is ALMISIVI

I don't even know the daedric alphabet but just the number of characters is enough to spoil it
>>
File: JhiIt2h.png (174KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
JhiIt2h.png
174KB, 500x493px
>>51789999
Very nice digits
>>
Without looking in a mirror, or asking someone else how do I know which Tamriel race I am?
>>
>>51789693
Sotha Sil's last words is quite interesting piece of lore that seems to often overlooked. Things is that it implies Dwemer trying to achieve the Endeavor which is kinda odds with what we later learned about them.
>>
>>51789844
But the defining factor of the Aldmer mindset is how Lorkhan screwed them over, so they would probably mention that. Another poster mentioned how the Anuad had something to do with the Ayleid, which means I probably wasn't just imagining that. Of course, the Aldmer perspective was what both the Bosmer and Ayleid (even more so) branched off from in the first place, so they would retain similarities.
>>
>>51790166
Divayth specifies that it is not the Endeavor of the Psijics.
>>
File: 1486439135223.gif (3MB, 413x233px) Image search: [Google]
1486439135223.gif
3MB, 413x233px
how can I justify my quest in Skyrim if I play as an Altmer with the Thalmor Embassy alternate start?

I feel like a walking hypocrisy.
>>
>>51790353
You could just be a double double agent.
>>
>>51790383
nah, Ocelot stuff is reserved for New Vegas. In Skyrim I'd just end up looking like a massive schizo.
>>
>>51789972
The world is definitely more colorful and more pleasant to look at than skyrim. And even though skyrim had different hand equips, I still felt oblivion was better for using magic with weapons
Oblivion was generic medieval/renaissance fantasy, but at least it did it well. Skyrim tried to do the same, and threw in tes stuff that simply didn't seem to fit. For all the complaints oblivion was lotr rip-off, at least it went all the way and made it at least try to work.
>>
>>51790487
a double agent makes sense. stop acting like a retard
>>
File: 1432874853786.jpg (185KB, 291x984px) Image search: [Google]
1432874853786.jpg
185KB, 291x984px
>>51788676
There were strongholds in Skyrim - they just weren't Orcish...
>>
>>51789374
I personally find Aylieds really interesting, especially in how they seem so different from other elves but so similar in many ways. Each city seems to worship either a Daedra, a Divine, or perhaps a mix of gods. Sometimes I almost find myself rooting for them when I read the songs of Pelenial and I realize that this mighty civilization is going to fade away. In that sense, they're some of the most interesting elves to me.

But at the same time, Oblivion made their ruins very dull in terms of color, and they all blend together. You have to find most of this information out in lore books, not necessarily little details included in the games or made part of quests or stories. And when ESO included them, I found myself not really caring - though to be frank, ESO has tainted a lot of things for me. I don't like how the Kothringi looked in ESO and would have rather they stayed background lore.
>>
>>51782006
>>51788196
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/dreadful-theft-suns-dusk-ale
>>
>>51789768
>they go tribal

That means fuck all.
Where does a tribe live? how is it organized?
The Strongholds show that. And they are cliched? How? Because im fairly sure the stereotype for barbarians is "Muh freedom" and not "Muh highly restricted society based on a strict social code".

the Code of Malacath makes stronghold orcs interresting, the way they have to interact to avoid inbreeding, the fact that they live outside of the juristiction of the province they inhabit.

Realy before that, there was bareley any Orc lore at all. I dislike this knee jerk reaction that anyhting new is bad.
And lets face it most previous ork lore came from Daggerfall, and outside of Gortwog there wasnt an awfull lot of lore there.

>>51789909
These are great, how come i have never seen that or heard of the Books containing new artwork.

>>51790587
Primitive nords best

>>51790695
>ESO
Sick of all the moaning realy, its the new Oblivion.
When the next game comes youll moan about that. the Kothringi looked exactly like they were discribed, its not their fault that they are supposed to be human mirrors, realy hard to do anyhting other than that with this aesthetic.
>>
>>51790695
>Ayleids
After song of Pelinal they pretty much wrote themselves into a corner with the Ayleids and there was very little places to actually go with them.
ESO picked up the thread but it mostly only expanded on the Barsaebic ayleids which had very little to do with the normal ayleids.
For what its worth, Song of Pelinal made the Ayleids into the antagonists of mankind.

The last year still had them as wild elves but im fairly sure that characteristic is now gone forever, im not sure if im mad about that tho since the bosmer fit that role already.
>>
>>51789909
Just realizing how many there are

>wires and cables in dwemer ruins

yes.
Steampunk doesnt do em justice.
These racial clothes also look very good and different from what weve seen before. The Orc almost look slike a wood orc.
Definitly enjoy those huge antlers on the Bosmer, tho the Dunmer doesnt look dunmer enaugh.
im also happy of the picturing of the reachmen as a seperate race.
the mane also looks fantastic even tho he should have an even larger mane.
Falx wielding Khajiit is also interresting, id have imagiend that to be a weapon to come up eventually, maybe in Orcs and Argonians tho.

How official are these anyway?
>>
>>51790834
These are from the published books? 100%, then.
>>
>>51789909
fuck, these are nice
>>
File: Bosmer.gif (204KB, 800x270px) Image search: [Google]
Bosmer.gif
204KB, 800x270px
>>51790895
Theres some more but im only coming up with mostly blurry images

the guy who made these also worked on Glorantha, i wonder if MK knows about that since hes big into Glorantha
>>
do you think Bethesda will do anything with falmer? in dawnguard, he says that there may be more left that he is unaware of and that he still has hope for the wild ones, that they may somehow recover. And then there is the stones translation

>>51790732
>I dislike this knee jerk reaction that anyhting new is bad.
a million times this
>>
>>51791051
If they recover i dont think itll be fast, and given that the next game is most likley set in Hammerfall as in far far away from Skyrim i dont think well see much of them in the future.

At least this means Todd cant ruin em.
>>
File: angry burger cat.gif (1016KB, 322x166px) Image search: [Google]
angry burger cat.gif
1016KB, 322x166px
>>51791088
>is most likley set in Hammerfall
>>
>>51791088

>Hammerfell TES6?

WAT IS THIS HERESY?
>>
>>51791176
>>51791126
>Implying Bethesda will ever visit a nonhuman province
>Implying Bethesda will ever visit a Dominion province
>Implying Bethesda will ever show Blackmarsh or Elsweyr

Either were going back to High Rock, which would be stupid because that would essentialy be Skyrim but with more Oblivion or well be going back to Hammerfell since that province never had a game of its own.
Story wise its practically set up to be the next game with it seceding from the Empire and fighting the Dominion.

I mean where else to go? Cyrodiil again? High Rock is possible but somehow i doubt it. Argonia is a definite no not even Bethesda can sell a game with a cast primarily consisting of talking Lizards and they cant realy show the graphics fapping when you can bareley see a few meters due to the desnity of the foliage.

Elsweyr, i dont think the furry community is this big and quite frankly the province is morrowind levels of weird without morrowind levels of fan nostalgia.
With ESO going back to Morrowind i dont see it plausible that the mainline is going to, else they wouldve shut that down.

So that leaves Hammerfell, Valenwood and the Summerset isles, the latter are a big Nono, too weird and too dogmatic, too few non elves too.

Valenwood has much fo the same issues as blackmarsh does, Consoles cant run games with a lot of Trees and games with a lot of trees tend not to look very impressive unless they are called Crysis.

I dont want it to be Hammerfell either, but lets face it, its gonna be Hammerfell.
>>
>>51791256
>Elsweyr, i dont think the furry community is this big and quite frankly the province is morrowind levels of weird without morrowind levels of fan nostalgia.

Cyrodill was the same until they retconned it with Oblivion
>>
>>51789679
Or it might go the way of Dark Souls
>The world is ending and you are the harbinger, only you aren't because it's still around for DS2, so now it's totes going to end except it isn't because DS3

And so on, and so on. "This time it's different" is more something for people that are really into the lore, but for the majority of the gaming audience, who are still on 'Baby's first Kalpa', this could just mean it goes on indefinitely, or a build up to the kalpa still resetting because [reasons], only this time everyone remembers the last kalpa or something. Time is quite meaningless if it just gets reset again and again.

A lot of your theory is based on MK's work being used, which would mean TES coming to an end at some point, something I doubt Zenimax will allow.
>>
>>51790834
Too bad the design is still Skyrim like, but really good thing electricity seems to be back. One of really stupid things Skyrim did with Dwemer was to tone down their use of electricity. Those steam turbine generators and buzzing flourescent lights are an important part of Dwemer atmosphere.
>>
>>51791256

anon, bethesda is remaking the engine from scratch after the HAVOK 2014 fiasco of Fo4 caused by MS "Havok is MS property therefore, not free, so pay up the 100k for use even for modding"

and since Gamebryo used Havok since morrowind, they will remake it from scratch, it will take some time until the new engine is complete, this is why they didn't announced any Fallout sidegame or TES game yet, Microsoft broke their legs with that during fallout 4's development, and now they will use a new one, in This Case Nvidia/AMD Phsyx, which is Free.

i bet that the 2 new projects that they are working ATM, Are using Idtech Until the newest Engine is complete, Bethesda always wanted to revisit an old IP.
>>
>>51791375
You're horrible person.
>>
File: 1464821153710.png (189KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1464821153710.png
189KB, 500x418px
Anon that just started Shivering Isles for the first time here:

Why does it make any sense that they're filled with Nirnians? The whole first part is about how they prevent access to most of the realm to random passers by. Are the rest followers of Sheogoroth, brought there by him? For what purpose?
>>
>>51791502
>so pay up the 100k for use even for modding"
What did I miss here?
>>
>>51791530
Those who worship Daedra end up in their realm after they die usually.
>>
Any anons got the screencap as to why Redoran rising to power is the reason we can't jump super high anymore?
>>
>>51791443
>electricity
In Morrowind i always thought the steam technology was only to run their generators and that one kind of centurion.
And the only reason they used it was because they were inside a volcano and it was practical.

Of course the Fabricants were even more obviously Science Fiction with the imperfect not even pretending to be anything steampunk related but beeing a flat out robot with wires and tubes.

>>51791502
They also said they made a new engine for Skyrim, turns out it was just heavily modified gamerbryo, i dont trust bethesda with doing anything else.
I also wouldnt expect anyhting new from them in a long time.

>>51791530
>purpose
>mad god
duh.
>>
>>51790353
Just don't do the main quest. Only accept quests from Mer, kill Talos worshippers be Magicka Supreme.
>>
>>51789666
Hlaalu
>>
>>51791705
Funny thing about Clockwork City is that it was more like Circuit City. Whole place is literally made of obvious electronic circuits. It does make sense lore-wise though because it's supposed to part of ancient Aedric computer that runs Mundus.
>>
>>51791443
Yeah, it was kind of weird how morrowind lamps were basically electric but skyrim lamps were essentially butane.
>>
>>51791964
I thought the lights in Morrowind were candles or oil lamps.
>>
>>51791996
He meant in the dwemer ruins
>>
>>51792038
Yeah I should probably go to bed, nevermind.
>>
>>51790166
>Representations of the chim, and by extension the Psijic Endeavor, are always protean values, such as the anumidi models renowned by the Dwemer, the Scarab of contemporary astrolothurges, and the Striking ("exact egg-cracking") of old Argonia
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/more-psijic-endeavor
The Psijic Endeavor is not a specific process, just a means to an end. There are many different interpretations and methods on how and what can be achieved, but each have the same goal in mind.
>>
File: G72MRDn.gif (6MB, 578x434px) Image search: [Google]
G72MRDn.gif
6MB, 578x434px
>>51790353
>>
>>51791051
I'll admit it's probably a kneejerk reaction, but I've had similar problems with Skyrim and parts of Oblivion, even after time to heal those wounds. I feel like my problems with how Bethesda is treating the lore in their games is legitimate enough.
>>
>>51790353
The main quest is absolutely toothless if you play as anything but a Nord. There's zero reason to back the stormcloaks unless you're getting a cut.
>>
>>51792868
Or you're a race cuck. Imperials are always the right side to side with.
>>
>>51791088
>far far away from Skyrim
what did he mean by this?
>>
Is ESO worth getting, I heard it's improved a lot since it's release. I know this is more of a /v/ question, but I trust /tg/ more than /v/.
>>
>>51792934
The question has always been "do you like mmos", not "do you like tes".
>>
>>51792934
Its an MMO. If you like MMOs you'll probably find something you like. If you want an RPG or a game that plays similarly to the elder scrolls you'll be sorely disappointed.
>>
>>51792934
I fell for the meme an bought it last week and desu its prety good so far, has some nice quests and is fun to play.
If you like tes games and need something to waste your time with I would recommend it.
>>
>>51792917
>Imperials are always the right side to side with.
Fucking no, Imperials are shit. Tamriel would be a lot better if each state seceded
>>
>>51793380
Is this a joke?
>>
File: Capture.png (233KB, 320x372px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
233KB, 320x372px
>Making 5e character
>Use TES Dragon language for some names
>Have to do some shuffling around for things to fit

Which is closer to "Exile"?

Vodahmin- Unremembered / Forgotten
Volaan- Intruder (literally "unwant"; a taunt used by Draugr: "dir volaan!")

Character is an old Goliath who left their tribe before growing old enough to become a burden, similar to TES Orcs.
>>
>>51793380
Hi Ulfric I didn't know you could shitpost from the afterlife.
>>
>>51793380
>Imperials are shit.
Something that's always arguable - Imperials can be good and bad.

>Tamriel would be a lot better if each state seceded.
That's a definite no. That just means the Thalmor would be able to grab them all up one at a time. The united Imperial effort was barely able to weather the Thamor blitz - and I know it's arguable on if they could have kept it up, but if they manage to win quickly that doesn't matter.
>>
>>51793499
>Is this a joke?
No

>>51793546
>Hi Ulfric
I'm not Ulfric, he was totally wrong in the Markath incident. The Reach belongs to the Forsworn.

>>51793629
>That just means the Thalmor would be able to grab them all up one at a time.
The Thalmor couldn't even win against Hammerfell
>>
>>51793511
The second one.
>>
>>51793805
The Thalmor (directly after fighting the Empire and losing their entire mainland force) couldn't even win (but still occupies land in) against (what is one of the geographically harshest locations in Tamriel,) Hammerfell (who still had help from the Empire in the form of "unofficial" troops.)
>>
>>51793918
>but still occupies land in
they are not occupying anymore
>>
>>51793962
Ah, that's true. For some reason I thought the Second Treaty of Stros M'Kai gave them some land.
>>
>>51793805
But what about High Rock? Or Skyrim? Or Morrowind?

Hammerfell managing to resist - as part of a larger war - doesn't mean much if the Thalmor could just skip around them until they could throw all of Tamriel at them. Or wait for a war between the Crowns and the Forebears to start up again, since they can play the long game. Or cast a spell to make the desert even harsher or something.
>>
>>51794222
>But what about High Rock? Or Skyrim? Or Morrowind?
allied countries =! One big country

UK didn't fuse itself with France to fight Hitler
>>
>>51794301
And they weren't doing so well until the US intervened. Obviously it's much easier to coordinate your resources without having to go through beaurocratic processes.
>>
>>51794222
>>51793805
>Hammerfell managing to resist
Because the Emperor left behind an entire legion when they seceded. And he 'forgot' to recall them from the Southern Border...where the Dominion launched their invasion.
>>
>>51785492
>Most courts would probably employ at least a few wizards who may work as assistants for the court wizard.
Makes sense. Most blacksmiths have apprentices and assistants, and of course I'm sure there would be at least some Nords wanting to learn from the Court Wizard.
>Otherwise to become a thane or work as a merchant takes not so much effort on a competent wizard and earingn money is pretty easy with the Nords demanding magic axes all the time.
Does anyone else think it's kind of hypocritical that the Nords are generally, "magic is weak and for cowards" when many are willing to follow Ulfric, a guy with a magical voice and who wields a magical axe?

>Well i almost forget about that but you have to remember that Bretons are like Kebab-removers when they meet Orsimer most of the time. Outside of stationed Legion soldiers and veterans the most Orcs would be menial labourers and thugs.
Do Breton kingdoms (not Breton Emperors/Empresses) ever recruit orcs to help fight other orcs? It seems like it would be a good idea, since Orcs love a good fight and who would give a better fight than another orc?

>Dunmer are pragmatic and as long as they get work and money out of something (and can't backstab their way through it) they will behave well enough and sometimes even get friendly.
So Dunmer are greedy, racist, and sexually licentious. At least Morrowind raised ones are.
>However the major point is Dunmer women will take the D from anything with two leggs and Dunmer men will fuck anything on two leggs.
If Dunmer had the ability, would they literally try and fuck themselves as well?
>>
Why is General Tulius so incompetent?
>>
Do Khajit meow or roar?
>>
>>51795350
According to the sounds in morrowind, it's more of a meow.
>>
>>51792934
It's a good MMO, as well as a decent game all around, but it does things a lot differently than normal TES.
And these days there's so many players there are server connectivity problems.
>>
>>51795350
The large ones would roar, while the smaller and possibly most bipedal khajiits would meow and hiss.
Now the real question is whether or not the Ohmes would meow or not.
also, why are the Ohmes not seen in any game despite being the "most common breed outside of Elsweyr?"
>>51795244
>incompetent
>man who single-handedly came up with a plan to capture the leader of a province-wide rebellion
>which only failed due to a literal GOD coming down to fuck shit up
>despite only being in the province for a few months
>did I mention said rebel leader can also scream world-altering magic
>incompetent
I can smell your turd and fur armor from the Imperial City, Nord.
>>
>>51795776
>also, why are the Ohmes not seen in any game despite being the "most common breed outside of Elsweyr?"

They were, prior to Morrowind, when the developers wanted the cat-people to be more cats.
>>
>>51795776
>man who single-handedly came up with a plan to capture the leader of a province-wide rebellion
he just got lucky
>>
>>51795776
I'd like to think that the Imperials winning the civil war as more probable since it would naturally progress to them taking the mantle of emperor and leading the offensive against the Dominion.
>>
>>51795839
Only in Arena.
In Daggerfall they're Ohmes-Raht, with tails.
>>
File: Srathra.png (193KB, 366x240px) Image search: [Google]
Srathra.png
193KB, 366x240px
>>51795839
well ACKCHUALLY the Khajiit were cats as early as Redguard
>>
File: Ohmes-rahtboth.jpg (113KB, 437x368px) Image search: [Google]
Ohmes-rahtboth.jpg
113KB, 437x368px
>>51795881
They're still pretty humanoid compared to their later iterations.

>>51795881
Redguard is the Morrowind era of things. That point is when Kirkbride and Kuhlman started to rewrite everything to be more in line with what we think of nowadays as the lore, and Morrowind was in development prior to Redguard.
>>
>>51795956
>They're still pretty humanoid compared to their later iterations.

Redguard, not Daggerfall.
>>
>>51796080
Sorry, meant to reply to >>51795876
>>
>>51795956
>and Morrowind was in development prior to Redguard
Not the Morrowind we know
>>
>>51796181
To some extent, yes. Prior to Redguard and at the start of Morrowind's development MK and Coolman were already rewriting things heavily. The weirdness goal was a fairly early thing.
>>
>>51792868
the minmaxer inside me dislikes nords because they're so bland, even with mods like Imperious.

I play Altmer most of the time because I like the more pronounced bonuses, at least in other games
>>
>>51795856
there's also the fact Ulfric is obscenely incompetent.
>>
>>51796354
Watch your tongue, Ulfric is a true Nord, the people believe in him
>>
>>51795244
I think he's actually pretty competent - you can see it in how he treats the political side of the conflict as much as the military side. He doesn't enjoy any of it, but he knows what he's doing.
>>
>>51796181
Wasn't original Morrowind pretty much same, but having also mainland areas, blight mechanisms and more weird/science fantasy as seen in concept art.
>>
File: concept_morrowind.jpg (118KB, 643x768px) Image search: [Google]
concept_morrowind.jpg
118KB, 643x768px
>>51796633
You're thinking of early post-Redguard Morrowind.

Bethesda basically scrapped everything from the original TES III project due to tech limitations and went on to work on Battlespire and Redguard instead.
>>
>>51796756
so it was supposed to work more like Daggerfall's procedural map with a few permanent tiles?

Because that would be pretty cool.
>>
File: Tribunal.jpg (391KB, 1200x1521px) Image search: [Google]
Tribunal.jpg
391KB, 1200x1521px
>>51796633
early morrowind didn't have any of the dank lore we know the series for, but it had babes in bikinis fighting monsters
>>
>>51796813
>vivec fights molag bal
>>
>>51796822
>fights
>>
>>51796756
Actually they are thinking of the pre-Redguard project. The very VERY early TES 3 was what you're thinking of.
>>
>>51790732
>how is it organized?
A tribe is almost always directed by a council composed of the strongest member, the most wealthy member, the oldest member, the shaman/medicine (wo)man, and sometimes the cleverest member. They are composed of multiple clans or families and almost never have a reproductive strategy which results in multiple generations of sibling pairings.
>>
>>51787075
Akatusk IS an unhandled exception.
>>
>>51796380
And most of the people can't read.

Not a point in your favor if being a 'True Nord' is getting the support of a crowd of idiots.
>>
File: SehtPosting.jpg (178KB, 800x842px) Image search: [Google]
SehtPosting.jpg
178KB, 800x842px
Core Rulebook v2 is up in the usual spot. Enjoy! Changes to AP and initiative, and a number of other fixes. Bestiary still in the works.
>>
>>51792868
Or you're an elf who really fucking hates the empire.
>>
>>51790161
As a general rule, if you're posting here or actually care about the lore, you're probably a Breton. Unless you're black, then you're probably a Redguard.
>>
>>51771335
Hircine has a sense for honor at least.
>>
So in what Kalpa plays Dishonored?
>>
>>51798409
>>
File: 1458762061486.png (554KB, 973x821px) Image search: [Google]
1458762061486.png
554KB, 973x821px
Ending! Words! ALMSIVI!
>>
Why did Voryn Dagoth change his name to Dagoth Ur ?
>>
File: spode.png (3KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
spode.png
3KB, 192x192px
new kalpa when
>>
File: 1481819535706.jpg (210KB, 583x443px) Image search: [Google]
1481819535706.jpg
210KB, 583x443px
>>51798657
>>
>>51798693
Cuz he's a god now you dummy
>>
>>51798729
Poopbutt apparently.
>>
>>51792934
As the others said: its an MMO, dont expect it to be Skyrim with friends.
that beeing said, its soloable, for better or worse.
Three of the DLCs will get you single player expiriences simmilar to a TES game due to beeing hihgly focused on Solo play.

the combat system imo is better than the mainline TES games but thats a pretty low bar.

Lore wise the DLCs are fairly good, especialy wrothgar. The main faction quest zones are full of quests that are filler and thus lore wise ofthen quite stupid.
Still the Valenwood portion has some neat lore about the green pact and there are quite a few PGE1 callbacks like Wood Orcs.

If you can get it cheap and you can deal with MMOs why not. If you dont wanna fuck around with multiplayer this will probably not be to your liking.

>>51793380
>tamriel would be better
Wrong. tamriel cant be better, there will always be an empire, it is a metaphysical neccesity for there to be an empire of man.
The Stormcloak discussion is probably the dumbest thing that ever came out of Skyrim, in the end whoever wins is irrelevant. the outcome will be the same.

>>51793511
Both fit, id say Forgottem almost fits more, but Vloaan sounds better.

>>51793805
>The Reach belongs to the Forsworn.
>live in ancient nordic ruins because they cant build shit
>Muh original inhabitants
Reachmen are degenerate squatters, leftover Bretons that couldnt emancipate themselves from the Elves.
>>51794222
Redguards are also the most anuic Humans and as such the Altmer cared less.
Their war is about metaphysics not about politics, their goal was clear, remove the mythic empire, remove talos, remove humanity.
>>51795193
>Bretons using Orcs
Depends on the time period, but generaly bretons and orcs hate each other, Orc auxilliaries are a staple of the empires armies tho.
>>51795776
They are called "the most common breed" because of daggerfall. And my guess is because cat people are more interresting than Cat Girl people.
>>
Move at strange angles:
>>51800063
>>51800063
>>51800063
>>51800063
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.