[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infinity General: Tigger Soldier Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 50

File: 1486149746265.jpg (206KB, 2048x1542px) Image search: [Google]
1486149746265.jpg
206KB, 2048x1542px
Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where the Chinese drop troops are jumpy bumpy clumpy thumpy FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
https://catalog.infinitythegame.com/

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
http://www.infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup
https://mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
https://army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
http://inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
http://www.captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
http://www.youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
http://pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
https://www.mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
https://mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8
>Operation Red Veil Missions (brought to attention it's missing pages) http://www84.zippyshare.com/v/xjlY6Mip/file.html

>The RPG Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
http://infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous Thread:
>>51592302
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9n62ccRjlnY
>>
>>51660033
Meh. Also, isn't that the same pose as the Govad HMG.
>>
>>51660033
Horrible pose. I will never be a fan of poses that showcase weapon+pistol or sword in both hands. Ruined the Black Friar for me.
>>
>>51659940
Jesus, and they said scale creep is not a problem.
>>
>>51660033
With Tohaa ... go for their hooha.
>>
>>51653387
Hey anon, want a more challenging request?
>>
Do dog warriors get affected by stun ammo? It says they don't have to make a BTS or guts roll but would that mean they can just choose to ignore it?
>>
>>51660941
Stun is exotic, so total immunity doesn't apply.
>>
Not a fan of that Sukeul, but like the design as a whole.
>>
File: pg85.png (37KB, 466x274px) Image search: [Google]
pg85.png
37KB, 466x274px
>>51660958
Or has it been changed?
>>
>>51660991
Whoops, I blanked and forgot that stun is BTS but this says no ARM.

Why does it even say ARM?
>>
>>51660991
Oooooh I see, it doesn't force the user to make ARM rolls but they do have to make the two BTS rolls, thanks anon, this will be super useful in taking down dog warriors
>>
>>51660941
It's one of those weird cases where a rule was completely overhauled in HSN3 but related rules from vanilla N3 weren't changed to fit. The total immunity description states that stun ammo does not cause ARM or guts rolls, but the new stun ammo causes neither, being a BTS weapon and bypassing the guts roll. I play it as stun ammo working normally against total immunity.
>>
>>51661010
Future proofing for Stun Combis that 0-12 will have.
>>
>>51661010
Old stun ammo pre-HSN3 was just normal ammo that couldn't kill people. It got changed, but the total immunity description didn't.
>>
>>51660033
Why have two weapons out when not one of them aims in the direction of the enemy? It looks dumb.
>>
>>51659694
I don't have internet at home only at work.But thanks for trying to help anyway.
>>
File: 6a46e1f7860db9f09e9ac1cd18be7b13.jpg (340KB, 2576x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6a46e1f7860db9f09e9ac1cd18be7b13.jpg
340KB, 2576x1080px
Apparently the fucking oyoroi pilot is available in Luxumbra's KS. Not sure if it's exclusive or not...but it's fucking bullshit
>>
>>51662473
So infinity is dying?
>>
>>51662522
No, it's a Luxumbra KS by Angel and some of the Sculpters
>>
>>51662522
It's not growing so much. In retrospect, though N3 brought in so many cool new things, they probably missed the boat by not reforming the game more radically and trimming some of the rules/gear bloat to make it more accessible.
>>
>>51662865
That's exactly what they did with N3, though. The problem is that whenever anyone at Corvus Belli has a cool idea, they put it in the game. It's awesome because it means we constantly get new cool shit, it's shitty because it makes an already complicated game even more complex.
>>
>>51662473
I hope it is a situation where it gets generally released later like the HVT's or Musashi
>>
>>51662643
>it's a Luxumbra KS by Angel and some of the Sculpters
But they using Infinity, it means CB doesn't have money for such project so they forcing to beg for monies on Kickstarter
>>
>>51663145
It's *authorized* by CB, not an infinity specific thing, much like the RPG
>>
>>51663145
A company not being willing to blow money on a side project that may not have a big audience != Said company not having any money
>>
>>51663145
What?
Kickstarter just lets them make an idea with like minimal risk, plus it lets them see what their customers want. It's an excellent idea all-around.
>>
>>51663145
>le kickstarter is begging meme
It's been established that it's a smart way to start a business, you simultaneously generate starting capital and find out just how marketable your idea is in real life
>>
>>51663069
Really don't think they went far enough - there are still common rules which don't need to exist (paramedic, terrain specific?), rules that are just combinations of two other rules, rules that are unneeded tiny variations on other rules, fluff distinctions like cube or shavastii that they only partially and feebly carry over into the game and endless minute weapon distinctions which turn the inherently fiddly business of rangebands into a newbie nightmare. A new edition should have razed that stuff to the ground, made a firm decision on the intent question and cut the failed spec ops project altogether.
>>
>>51662865
It blew up and shrank again because the community is kinda shit at easing in new players.

Also the rules have so many clauses and conditions that a lot of the saturday casuals really don't like it.

Also CB didn't support the one army that made them blow up (USA) so a lot of those players got salty and stopped playing.
People with multiple armies were fine, but most of the new players I saw already quit again.
>>
>>51662522
I wish it was, maybe the Colombians would end their siesta and get to work to make this game great again.
>>
>>51663922
Cube matters for Sepsitor filthy human.
>>
>>51663922
Go play Age of Sigmar, it did exactly what you want.
>>
>>51662473
It is exclusive in this version, we'll get a shitty alternative one a year later. I'm pissed off because it's the best looking pilot and the only one I actually want.
>>
>>51663922
There are enough games for retards out there. Leave my infinity alone.
>>
>>51663981
This is not true. They have had consistent 20% growth every year. In my local area we doubled since N3HS.
>>
>>51662473
O-Yoroi Kiddo Booty.
>>
>>51667075
>Kiddo Booty
Worrying
>>
THREAD BUMPIN'
>>
So eventually Tunguska is going to come out and with that their own big guy S5 HI. My question is what should they have? Its russians with loadsa dosh to buy really good shit. TO? Holoprojector? AD: Combat Jump? Expensive bullets from Rodina?

The Kriza need to do something the other HI dont. Grrls are efficient as link, fast, but lightly armored. Brigada are more or less standard HI template that dont afraid of anything. Taskmasters are Nomad board control personified. And Geckos are sturdy shields to support your other troops.

I think an assault/killer hacker profile is almost a given.
>>
>>51670300
They had X-visors in the old 1e picture, but they sure as hell weren't S5 there so there's no guarantees.
>>
>>51670300
I'd put my money on ODD/TO camo
>>
>>51670681
Yeah, that feels likely.
>>
>>51670589
They could still have that, I had forgotten about that little bit of info. And combined with >>51670681 That is atleast a pretty potent offensive capability.

This would almost make the Kriza into an HI Intruder. Fucker is gonna be expensive to field.
>>
>>51665841
It fucking sucks. Inhave zero fucks to guve about busts. Hopefully there will be a miniature only pledge level
>>
How does playing the Ariandnan frenchies as my starting army to infinity sound?

Kinda fell in love with how all the models look especially the Para-troops they have.
>>
>>51663981

>Drop USAriadna unto the masses
>Conveniently leave the bad ass sniper/HMG mech trooper
>Minutemen still missing
>Other profiles for other troops still missing

Fucking sweet gee thanks corvus belli and your mind boggling priority for releases.
>>
>>51672401
MRRF are sweet. Margot an Duroc are super fun.
>>
>>51672426
They dropped the bikes early because bikes are fucking cool and bring in new players. I got a guy hooked on Kum alone.
>>
>>51672426
>mind boggling priority for releases
The release schedule was garbage: Heard you want Marauders and Minutemen. Hope you like this shitty Foxtrot instead. Also sorry no Blackjacks. Ever.
>>
>>51673285
Marauders were late as fuck, they should have been much earlier. Now that Marauders are out the Minutemen matter less, but it was important to get one alternative link released and CB waited too long.

The Blackjack whining went from funny to annoying and then looped all the way around to funny again. Mostly because I got my Stingray TAGs after what was iirc a 4 year wait. I hope it's literally the last HSN3 unit released, just so that your whiny little bitch tantrums reach critical bitchiness. Seriously, you had a good thing going with wanting Marauders/Minutemen, no need to ruin it with a HSN3 unit. I don't see PanO whining about Locusts, YJ whining about Shikami, Haqq whining about Ayyar, CA whining about Nexus Ops, ALEPH whining about Andromeda or Tohaa whining about Taqeul.
>>
>>51673483
>I don't see PanO whining about Locusts, YJ whining about Shikami, Haqq whining about Ayyar, CA whining about Nexus Ops, ALEPH whining about Andromeda or Tohaa whining about Taqeul.

The problem is that all of these factions are playable without new models, while USARF had nearly zero variability. Blackjack is pretty much essential.
>>
How much do you think it would cost to commission a Corregidor theme tune from a musician? I just wonder what would be a musical interpretation of "Latino and African convicts sent to space".
>>
>>51673638
>Blackjack is pretty much essential
Literally a falsehood. Marauder links, Grunts and Foxtrot+Hardcase shenanigans plus some decent other stuff like the bikes and Van Zant's posse made the sectorial quite viable. Blackjacks are a decent enough active turn HMG or a quite nice defensive sniper with supp fire potential, hardly something to base a sectorial around.
>>
>>51673734
Local warcor just plays Grunts for days.
Recently he decided to limit himself to 3 infiltrating Grunts.
But he does have a converted HINT miniature that he uses for Blackjack.
>>
USAriadnans complaining again, fun times.
>>
How hard would it be to convert Infinity's d20 system to fantasy setting with a lot of CC? Range weapons would work with Range Bands
>>
>>51665748
I don't think he want "roll 3+ to win"
>>
>>51674381
I'm not sure, the system is very much designed about shooting each other from cover. CC is high risk, high reward, not the clue of the game. It would probably require a much smaller board, otherwise most of every turn would be spent on running around and not fighting.
>>
>>51673955
when the replies are
>Oh yea! well I waited 4 years for my stupid model!
It seems kinda retarded to complain about the dudes who don't want to wait 4 years for their thing don'tcha think?
>>
>>51673483
>PanO whining about Locusts
'cause we got shitty Bolts to proxy with.
>>
>>51674646
>It seems kinda retarded to complain about the dudes who don't want to wait 4 years for their thing don'tcha think?
Nah, fuck them.
where's my fucking combi Aswang CB
>>
>>51659940
>Make 5 resin busts
>need a fucking KS for it
>>
>>51674646
Blackjacks are scheduled for early 2018. So that's about a year and a half after the rules got released. That kind of sucks, but it's not at all a unique situation and not a reason to bitch and moan at every opportunity. It's just one unit anyway, if you're so desperate to play it then find a proxy.

>>51674732
Just proxy the shotgun.
>>
Felix miniature when
>>
>>51675279
Never
>>
>>51675366
What if someone cosplayed as him and CB made a limited figure on that basis, like with the NeoTerra Bolt cosplay.
Speaking of, does it ever go back on sale or is it sold out and only available second hand now?
>>
>>51675443
Best be a good cosplay theeeeen .... perhaps.
>>
>>51675443
I think the rights to produce the Cosplay Bolt are with the cosplayer and she sells them on her website?
>>
>>51675461
Now we just need to find the cutest boy in our community and dress him up properly!

>>51675478
Every time I look at her Etsy shop it's sold out. Which is why I'm asking if they are resupplying her or was it a once and done deal.
>>
>>51675495
No harm in emailing her and finding out I guess.
>>
>>51674381
Most likely not, it will require a lot of remaking and at least some test-ground (may be some standalone board game) for concepts.
Also, any knews about CB fanatsy game and dungeon crawler?
>>
>>51673638
Blackjacks are shit. So are Minuteman. Grunts, Maraders and Foxtrots are all you need. I just saw the lists that won Captaincon....no BJ in sight.
>>
>>51675704
Man, and I used to think that the old "it's not your list it's you" saying was stupid and unnecessary. But apparently some people still think they're playing 40k, and if your list isn't copied from a tourney winner then it's obviously dogshit.

As long as the list is competently made, most of a person's success in a game is down to luck and tactics.
>>
So I've moved recently and found out a shop near me has a decent sized Infinity scene.

I originally bought the Morat Aggression Force on a whim, and while I like the CA as a faction I don't think I want to go full Morat all the time. I was thinking about picking up the Onyx Contact Force since it's relatively cheap for the minis I'd be getting.

Would that be a decent choice?
>>
>>51675883
>Would that be a decent choice?
Yep, it's kind of usefull just buying few starters and mix them for your needs.
>>
>>51675883
The big army box? Yeah, it's decent.
>>
>>51675704

>just saw the lists
You're kidding, right? Nobody's this dumb.
>>
>>51676654
Guess you never faced with 40k players.
>>
>>51675805
>>51676654
Sure, but seeing what successful lists look like is useful, even if it is mostly player skill.
>>
>>51676654
>>51677150
Had the incredible misfortune to spectate a 40k "tournament" last weekend. What a fucking nightmare those people are.
>>
>>51675883
That box is full of solid choices and is an absolutely incredible deal.
>>
>>51673646
latino music normally already carries african influences so it shouldn't be too hard
>>
>>51677162

I was at a big tornament in Australia a few weeks back. I saw a literal bucket of riptides. The game's tactically dead.
>>
>>51677720
>The game's tactically dead.
Nah
>>
>>51675883
Grab an Umbra Samaritan while you're at it. It's a shit mini (fuckhuge for its silhouette and facefaults when you look at it wrong) but the unit is great and you'll probably want one to max out your Rodok link.
>>
File: AROUND SHASVASTI STAY FROSTY.png (198KB, 299x509px) Image search: [Google]
AROUND SHASVASTI STAY FROSTY.png
198KB, 299x509px
>>
>>51677195
Fair point, although I think I'd like it to kind of immediately make people think "Africa".
I thought maybe typical African rhythm, but with Spanish trumpet would do the job.
>>
>>51677934
>facefaults when you look at it wrong
Just gotta weight the base. But yeah, Samaritan is just stupid.
>>
>>51677756
Just because it's slightly more tactical than AoS does not mean it's still pretty brain dead, especially at tournament WAAC level.
Now in friendly games when one player is fielding Rough Riders because fuck yeah cavalry you might get some more tactics and fun. Although last time I've played 40k I was bored stiff while waiting for my opponent to move all his daemonettes and shit in front of my guardsmen, of whom he must have been bored of when it was my turn.
It's just not exciting when a wrong move does not result in my Father-Knight having to tank 5 AROs.

Speaking of FK, I've recently painted mine, so I'll be using him again. What would be your idea for using one? I was thinking of trying out the ML profile. I've used FO/AHD ones before, to moderate success. I've come to greatly appreciate Missile Launchers recently.
>>
>>51678610
I've really only had the most success with ML when they are in links. I think the conventional wisdom as using them for ARO pieces is the best use, but I guess you can try for very long shots because the only gun that will outrange you is an MSR and catching someone on a normal roll of 17 is going to be bad news for them.
>>
>>51679025
Pretty accurate. Consider it mostly an ARO piece if not in a link team or on a camo unit like Hac Tao or. Swiss.
>>
>>51678206

So shasvastii...

Would they be an ok starting army for a new player?
>>
>>51678610

They're pretty much the perfect door kicker figure. They don't need SWC, and they're great close up fighters, particularly with the hacker profile.
>>
>>51664909
>Cube
>Sepsitor

This was actually what made me stop playing, Its a terrible game mechanic that snowballs the game with one single roll of a dice.

That and cheerleaders. Fucking retarded. Each piece should get one move a round.
>>
>>51679257

Are you retarded or just polish?
>>
>>51679080
Id say the most beginner friendly would be Morats. They are kinda the equivalent of Space Marines: dont afraid of anything, LoL doesnt matter, very focused unit selection, just get out there and shoot the other dudes dead. Teaches you to git gud at tactics and when you branch out to other sectorials/factions its like easy mode with all the new toys.

Shasvastii are on the opposite end of the complexity spectrum from Morats, loadsa cloak but they are an older sectorial, so no Haris or
Duo for you. Doesnt mean they aren't competitive, there is just more to learn right off the bat to play effectively.
>>
>>51679482
Morats might be a hardcore bootcamp, but considering what a huge part of the game it is learning in an army without camo is a bit weird.

>>51679080
It's easier to play Shas-heavy vanilla CA.
>>
File: 280577-0561_2.jpg (91KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
280577-0561_2.jpg
91KB, 900x506px
>>51679482
Agree. Morats are so simple and straight forward that works perfectly as a begginer Army.
>>
>>51678610
Remember that Kill Team and the more refined HoR one's exist
>>
>>51679080
Fuck no. They're obsolete and slated for a heavy rework sometime between now and the heat death of the universe. If you want Shasvastii, go play vanilla CA and take Shrouded/Speculo/Noctifers/Malignos.
>>
>>51679660
>It's easier to play Shas-heavy vanilla CA.

I completely forgot to say this, oops.

>>51679765
And they even have a handy starter box with nice modern sculpts!

I always find it so difficult to include Spektrs. Prowlers are infiltrated quasi-Intruders if you give them a Spitfire, otherwise their specialist profile is just so damn toolboxy. Zeros are cheaper and perform the same role, minus the TO bonuses.

I really like the sculpts and the profiles seem adequate. Maybe I am not using them correctly. I haven't really tried out the sniper profile too much, maybe thats the secret sauce?
>>
Is there any info on CBs medieval/fantasy game or whatever it is they're doing?
I've seen it mentioned in this thread, but all I can find through google is www.beastsofwar.com/corvus-belli/planning-fantasy-game/
>>
>>51680864
No, all they said was that they would like to make one some day.
>>
Guy asking about shasvastii here. Gonna go with the tips on doing morats first but my question mainly pertains to are the shasvastii gonna get a sectorial with the new book like everyone is saying? Also anyone know any good guides for painting morats?
>>
>>51681379
>are the shasvastii gonna get a sectorial with the new book like everyone is saying?
Yeah, but many a siesta will pass before the new book is released. Earliest we can expect is end this year, assuming they can keep schedule. HSN3 had like 2 years of delays.
>>
>>51681379
The Shasvastii already have a sectorial, but they got it way back when Sectorial rules were first added to the game, and they're outdated by modern standards. That said, it's entirely possible to do well with them. IIRC, the top player in North America plays Shasvastii. Eventually they'll most likely get an update, but I don't know how high a priority it is.
>>
>>51680726
I'm pretty sure every TO in game is better than Spektres except maybe Order Sergeants.
>>
>>51680726
I'm no dirty Nomad, but since the basic Nomad and Shas infiltrators are very similar I'll give my two cents. For the most part here are 2 worthwhile profiles for TO camo: sniper and hacker. The sniper is much happier with -6 mods, the hacker has some handy BTS and both benefit a lot from hidden deployment. Everything else is better off a Zero (or Moran or Prowler or whatever)
>>
>>51680726
The secret to Spektrs is that hey are Nomad *only* TO. Kind of like Intruder, it's not just that he's powerful, but he's also the only Nomad MSV2.
And yeah, TO Camo snipers are great. One of them (a Tuareg I think) has effectively shut down half the board in a game I was playing and the only thing I managed to get through was, appropriately, a Spektr, thanks to TO Camo bonuses. A Naffatun had to get off his ass to fry him.

>>51682242
Spec Sergeant is awful in vanilla, but good in MO due to reduced SWC cost. And much like Spektr, the only MO TO Camo unit.

I wouldn't call Spektr bad, he's just pretty basic. A 10pts more for a more elite Zero.
>>
But seriously, how good do you guys think Dakini linkteams are going to be
>>
>>51682989
Pretty good, especially if you can dump a Deva in there. A link with a BS14 mimetic burst 5 shock HMG that ignores cover? For less than 100 points in total? That sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
>>
>>51682242
Looking at TO infiltrators they are mostly equivalent +/- a few points thanks to gear/statline differences.

>>51682554
>>51682546
Thanks. Yeah WIP 14 is nothing to sneeze at for AHD duty and can replace a Custodier in that role while being better for objective duty too. Granted Shas don't have quite the repeater coverage I am used to so your mileage out of AHD is probably greater. Looks like I should give the spooky sniper another try.
>>
>>51682989
probably like faster, harder to hit Unidrons. So, completely fucking absurd. What really gets interesting is whether they'll be linkable with something else, or whether they get any other interesting weapon choices.
>>
>>51683434
But it's the points and gear that make the difference. Hexas are cheaper, Crocmen get xvisor. Tuareg come with a shotgun and Doctor Plus. Malignos is pretty crap too but they have a monomine profile. Noctifers have dogged and missile launcher.

Spectre has wip 14. They are really just your 13 points more expensive 3rd Zero when you play vanilla because you don't own a Bandit model.
>>
>>51662522
Shit no the company is doing great.
>>
>>51684697
>Hexas
>Noctifers
They don't get infiltration. Completely different kind of unit to the TO infiltrators.

>Croc Men
X visor is nice, but it's by no means a game changer. Hell, a specialist profile with repeaters is more significant than that. Not a big improvement over the Spektr.

>Tuareg
Haqq having doctors and shotguns everywhere is nice, but you forgot to mention the cheap sniper. The Tuareg is a very good unit, I'd say it's better than the Spektr. But Nomads do not get Tuareg, so that doesn't really matter.

>Malignos
I have used the monomine profile twice and both times it was a waste of SWC, perhaps it would be more useful against ASS or something. All the success I've had with them comes from the sniper and hacker, mostly the hacker. Hidden deployment is stellar, as is the -6 to hit and occasionally the automedikit.

>Zero and Bandit
Have no BTS and shit WIP respectively, only have a -3 to hit and most importantly cannot start in hidden deployment. Useful due to their cheapness and utility, but not a full replacement for Spektrs.
>>
who the fuck is toni and why do people care that she's dead
>>
>>51685794
Named TAG Pilot of a Tikbalang that was about OP compared to the regular one so they killed her off to incorporate her rules into the regular ones.
>>
>>51685794
The latest waifu to be stolen from us by the Combined Army
>>
>>51686272
>stolen
you mean improved? Corrupted Toni when?
>>
>>51677756
About as much intelligence as the average 40k player evinces.
>>
>>51685062
If anything, they have been growing too fast.
>>
>>51680864
>Is there any info on CBs medieval/fantasy game or whatever it is they're doing?
they aren't making it is just an idea.
>>
>>51685295
>X visor is nice, but it's by no means a game changer.
Until you put your Croc Cock in Suppressive Fire...
>>
>>51684697
They are relatively no frills but a bs12 wip 14 TO infiltrator that even gets some BTS isn't anything to scoff off.

Hell, at least they bring some mines, unlike the more expensive ninja.

Solid FO, AHD, MSR, and even Boarding Shotgun profiles. The MSR in HD can really put a monkey wrench in your opponent's plans, particularly if you have other board control elements and some AD to really herd your opponent.

The fact the Spektr is in Nomads means there is a lot of potential support available for relative cheap.
>>
>>51680864

Just an idea they wanna do anon.

Might turn out pretty good if they pretty much make it like a melee focused infinity but with bows and arrows all while throwing in a dash of magic.

Fucking christ anon now I want to see even what their models for it would look like.

Also fuck you too anon for bringing up that seminar now I also want O-12, The RPG, and "Acheron Falls Pt.1" to be out.

Dick.
>>
>>51688060
>Fucking christ anon now I want to see even what their models for it would look like.

I hope there would be a lot of big-tittied brown elves.
>>
>>51688373
This is Corvus Belli we're talking about.

Would be legit surprised if there wasn't a ton of ass and heels. Even if they've got period-specific historical armor on 9/10 of the models, that one model will have a slim waist, round ass, and high heels.
>>
File: Orc reaction.jpg (59KB, 306x398px) Image search: [Google]
Orc reaction.jpg
59KB, 306x398px
>>51688373
>CB making elf models
>>
>>51688512
>Even if they've got period-specific historical armor on 9/10 of the models, that one model will have a slim waist, round ass, and high heels.
Also bare midriff in full plate.
>>
File: Illidarling-500x481.png (269KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
Illidarling-500x481.png
269KB, 500x481px
>>51688373
>>51688512
>>51688520
They should make their game under Warcraft IP.
Start from standalone Dungeon Crawler about demon hunters
>>
>>51688693
>Blizzard and CB cooperating instead of ripping each other off
Yes.
>>
>>51688838
>>Blizzard and CB cooperating
Poor GW.
>>
File: infinity player.jpg (10KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
infinity player.jpg
10KB, 183x275px
>it's your list bro it's not competitive enough
>>
>>51688960
>dat Warhammer projections
>>
>>51688960
oh, it's the daily 40kids time. Here's your (You), now go away.
>>
>>51675883
>I originally bought the Morat Aggression Force
IMO, but for new comer vanilla armies will be better.
>>
What interesting can I add to Red Veil Haqq?
>>
>>51690227
Djanbazan HMG goes in almost every list. And, if you want everyone to hate you, add Little Miss Interesting, aka the Fiday.
>>
>>51686302
No, she's dead. I guess CA has a thing for Asians. Alien taste.
>>
>>51690380
>if you want everyone to hate you,
Why?
I just already bought hassasin sectorial.
>>
>>51690227
Fiday
Ragik
Djanbazan
Remotes
>>
>>51690470
They're great, that's why. Great because they shank handy light troopers like hackers/msv guys and tie up CC-vulnerable heavies and great because together with the -2 orders command token they can blunt your offence by sitting right in front of a key alley. Anytime you play against Haqq you're just waiting for that reserves roll and hoping it's not a Fiday.
>>
>>51685794
They don't, CB just pretends they do.
>>
>>51691076
i care
>>
File: autismo.jpg (51KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
autismo.jpg
51KB, 514x536px
>>51688960
>>
>>51690532
CwBgjAPgzCIRYCkMlhANgKyIIRJYmptnsuIRgEy7YzZoAcwuwUyrhllIubMbaAOzM8+MKnGDc6MjLQBOajii0VhMAxl5aYemEpSAAmBlQT6yg0SHDQA=
>>
>>51690380
I call her Barbara from Accounting.

>>51690227
First and foremost: Saladin. Having an actual Lt with Strategos and decent survivability helps, and the Veteran skills from the Zhayedan and Al Fasid can help mitigate the damage from Loss of Lt if it happens.

Al Hawwa Hacker (Infiltrating camouflaged specialists with D-charges are always appreciated), Hunzakut tends to be a favorite model in looks and cheap usage in a game (use the LGL as a FO so you could do missions too)
>>
>>51688960
Bait i know, but not entirely inaccurate.

A list can lose you the game but it won't win it for you.

For example if you play a game of Sieze the Antenna, Highly Classified, and you bring no specialists and no way to deliver them, you are not setting yourself for failure. If you bring less than than 10 orders at 250+ points, you are looking to be outnumbered and out flanked.

You can build in the pieces you like, but you have to support them in such a way that you get the mission done.

That said, you cannot point and click a list and expect victory. How well you react to your opponent and swings of fortune determines whether you get the victory.
>>
File: P1110474.jpg (333KB, 400x781px) Image search: [Google]
P1110474.jpg
333KB, 400x781px
Painting anything today?
I started on my Healer, as I already finished up PanO half of Icestorm and I have just her and the Grenzer from the Nomad side to do. I need to replace my light gray paint with something less mushy than Celestia Grey. I use a lot of it and it gives my white spots a really weird texture.

I was thinking about giving Lupe the same black skin and white hair, but I don't know if it will look very good when her body armour is also going to be white. I guess I should scan the BW print and paint it in Photoshop to get a feel for colours.
>>
File: FK03.jpg (1MB, 1092x949px) Image search: [Google]
FK03.jpg
1MB, 1092x949px
>>51692703
I guess I'll follow up with Father-Knight, to show that what I lack in painting skills I make up for in choice of Military Order.
>>
File: 1485477524424.jpg (16KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485477524424.jpg
16KB, 200x250px
>>51692536

>Bait i know, but not entirely inaccurate.
>>
Is this game till super melee unfriendly?
>>
>>51693097
Melee is high risk-high reward.
A Domaru Butai or a Ninja will cut a Jotum into thin blue ribbons, but they need to find a way to get close. Melee is a good way of getting rid of highly problematic shooting pieces with TO Camo or ODD (unless it's a Greek hero, because he will wipe the floor with you in melee as well).
>>
>>51693097
If you don't have martial arts of any level over 1 don't bother with close combat

It's about setting your reaction fire as a defense in your oppenents turn while trying to complete objectives in your turn.
>>
>>51693097
Melee has cleaned up quite a bit, though the emphasis is still on shooting.

Melee specialists pretty much auto hit in melee (they just have to win the face to face) unless they are facing off against someone else decent in melee.

CC skills aren't so outrageously priced and often come with useful skills like stealth and courage.

It's a good secondary tact, it just shouldn't be your main use for melee models barring something super cheap like a Gaki or hyper focused like the Oniwaban. Usually they'll bring other avenues of being useful such as support skills (smoke), templates, or just plain shooting (Knights, haramaki).
>>
>>51693294
MA1 is a perfectly valid level. Overshadowed by MA3 a lot of times but it still lets you bully non melee specialists and keeps you in the game against higher grades of MA.

It's pretty much the default level for anyone with only MA2, such as Bandits, Morlock, Hospitaller, etc unless you need to bust open a box.
>>
>>51688693
>Blizzard
>ever

No, thanks. I'd like it to be about big tiddied elves, not about gays and transgenders.
>>
>>51693493
>Blizzard elves
>transgender
lolwut?
>>
What army has the best drop troops? as a noobie it sounds fucking awesome to drop dudes in their backline and kill their guys.
>>
>>51693681

Nomads have the best drop troops in terms of deployment and versatility.

Adiadna has arguably the best paratrooper, though, but it's a character and others are quite difficult to drop where you'll need them.
>>
>>51693681
CA Fraacta and Tohaa Gao-Tarsos have pseudo-2W which allow for a lot of leeway. Yu Jing Tigers are awesome, Nomad Corregidor has excellent Hellcats/Tomcats if you want cheaper but more.
>>
>>51693946
And if you want quality of quantity, go Qapu Khalqi with their dirt-cheap Yuans and Bashis.
>>
>>51693681
>as a noobie it sounds fucking awesome to drop dudes in their backline and kill their guys
It is and Yuan Yuan or Ragiks are great for that, but you can never overdo it. A drop troop is not giving an Order before he's deployed.
Any drop troop that is survivable or has a Direct Template Weapon (see: Diomedes) will be an excellent drop troop. Note that there's several levels of Airborne Deployment and any level above includes all the levels below. So a Hellcat can walk in from the side like a Tomcat, bypassing the PH roll.
>>
>>51693681
That depends on what you consider best. All the vanilla factions offer some quality that makes it worth picking their troops.

Pan O's are pretty vanilla though they pack the BS13 for relatively cheap but are slightly worse at combat dropping due to lower PH.

Yu Jing has probably the best non character combat jumper if you are talking about pure gunfighting. BS-13 + mimetism means most troops will be at a disadvantage.

Haq has the Ragik with dogged, allowing them to delay dying in favor of killing more stuff. Bashi's can't combat jump but are cheap dudes with holoprojectors.

Ariadna doesn't have any combat jumpers, but it has a plethora of options if you are willing to forgo that. Roger Van Zant is a Dogged piece that can come in on your opponent's board edge with just enough gear to kill most things on his active. Mirage-5 give you an AD werewolf with attached BS14 grenadier. Airborne have AP up the wazoo. Para Commandos are BS12 with mimetism for a ridiculously low cost. Spetznaz are expensive, but effectively BS 15 +mimetism.

Nomads have very vanilla combat jumpers who even if they flub their drop roll, deploy in your deployment zone instead of scattering off the board and for rock solid prices. They even have a specialist remote that can combat jump. They also have specialists with climbing plus that are just a few levels lower in AD.All without breaking the bank too much.

Combine tend to have expensive options. The Rasyat brings eclipse smoke and is decent in CC. The Fractaa has a second wound so can deploy and act more aggressively. Ko Dali is just plain murderous with BS14 MSV2 and double assault pistols.
>>
>>51694069
ALEPH gets you Ekdromoi who are super jumping for better flushing out of opponents. Pretty good in melee as well. The character Ekdromoi, Diomedes gets a decent gun and psuedo extra wound on top of that. The Garuda are fast BS12 models with mimetism and some scary loadouts at the cost at being a little less effective at combat dropping.

Tohaa only have the Gao Tarsos which have a second wound, similar to the Combine's Fractaa. The main difference is the Fractaa gets tougher once they take a hit but can be shut down by viral while the Gao Tarsos are tougher at first but get weaker on the second wound. In aggregate, Tohaa's overall extra toughness makes this an even tougher pill for your opponent to swallow.

Basically it's pick your poison. All of the factions offer something, it's just what else you like the look of and want along for the ride.
>>
>>51693681
Yu Jing has the best drop TROOP (Tohaa's one is a close second)

Ariadna has the most

Nomads have the best versatile selections of drop troops

Qapu Khalki has the most fun (Yuan Yuan and Bashi Bazooks). If you're using more than 3 AD troops, you're probably using too much or buying too much into a gimmick and likely order starving your list.

IMO, though, this game has more AD troops to modern standards sculpted than it should have prioritized. Sure having a Hassassin Ragik hacker and Spitfire, plus three Bashi Bazooks is nice, but I'd like a missing Hassassin Ayyar sculpt
>>
>>51694194
>>51694486
I'd agree with second anon that Tiger is the outright best - its ability to just kill things when you're spending orders is better than degrees of survivability and it has good WP as a specialist too. Really Ragiks main thing is objectives/hacking at WP15, since Tohaa/CA outclass them at toughness. And PanO, while a touch cheaper, for once don't pull their weight.

If I were going to pick a faction for it I'd actually go CA since they have three distinct and excellent options which you could alternate between or combine.

My theory as to the wealth of AD sculpts is that CB see it as a way to bias the metagame away from ARO camping by giving so many starter packs the ability to get inside that sniper's bad rangebands.
>>
>>51694738
>And PanO, while a touch cheaper, for once don't pull their weight.
True; PanO gets two different Combat Jump units and one is probably the weakest of this type (the Akalis) and the Crusaders, while interesting, are usually points better spent on long range HI or a Nisse or something. Although I am tempted to try the MULTI Rifle + Light Ft. loadout sometime and pretend I'm a Nomad.

Akalis actually cost the same as Hellcats and are weaker in pretty much every respect, starting with regular Combat Jump and lower PH. I understand this is a way to show Nomad superiority in MI department, but it makes Akalis kind of a hard sell. Kirpal is pretty good though, if costly.

But using throwaway AD troops to suicide-kill a bunch of cheerleaders goes against PanO combat doctrine, so I can see why this is the case. We're supposed to shoot you down before you get close, not run up to you ourselves.

It's funny that PanO starter has one of the best PanO units in it (Nisse Sniper) and very good cheerleaders, but also some really mediocre units that end up rarely used (Sikh and ORC). It's like some sort of weird internal balance.

So AD guy: don't go PanO, ASA or Military Orders. Despite their knightly appearance, MO are not SPESS MUHREENS and they suck at STEEL REHN.
>>
File: IMG-20170211-WA0011.jpg (1MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170211-WA0011.jpg
1MB, 2160x3840px
>>51692703
Finished the first of 4 layers a couple days ago, gonna continue in a few minutes, not nearly finished unfortunately
>>
>>51673638
Mmmm, Onyx is pretty much unplayable without Nexus so your point isn't really accurate.
>>
File: 1393509851728.png (91KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
1393509851728.png
91KB, 265x265px
>>51685794
One of the best pieces of fluff is the one that narrates how she dies in battle. Really dramatic.
>>
>>51679472
>Polish
>Retarded
Synonyms my dude
>>
File: CBlizzard69-2.jpg (71KB, 501x966px) Image search: [Google]
CBlizzard69-2.jpg
71KB, 501x966px
>>51688838
Who suggested that infamy?
>>
File: CBlizzard69-3.jpg (88KB, 501x966px) Image search: [Google]
CBlizzard69-3.jpg
88KB, 501x966px
>>51688838
>Blizzard and CB cooperating instead of ripping each other off
Outrageous!
>>
>>51688693
>>51688838
>>51688956
>Blizzard + Corvus Belli
>team siesta + "soon"
Wew
>>
>>51695017
>MO are not SPESS MUHREENS
That would be the Morats.
>>
So mercenaries are getting sectorials? What?
>>
>>51698394
Sauce?
>>
Quick question, since 'Discover' is a short movement skill, that should mean I can use it twice in the same order, albeit only when targetting two different markers (since the first marker will be either discovered, so a second discover against it would be redundant, or failed to be discovered in which case it can't be targeted by my active trooper until next turn).

Is there anything that would prevent me from doing so? Feels a bit weird to target two different models in the course of one order with roll-abilities.
>>
>>51698690
Feels weird if spread over two skills I mean, I know that spreading weapons B's is common.

Now that I'm at it, does that mean that I can try to discover a marker with my first skill, but f.e. BS attack something else with my second skill?

Sry if questions seem basic, am newb, starting to put together the bigger picture.
>>
File: I did that on purpose.jpg (477KB, 1184x850px) Image search: [Google]
I did that on purpose.jpg
477KB, 1184x850px
Rules Questions:

Coordinator Order: Did we do this right?

>Spent an Order and Command Token as Sun Tze
>Declare a Coordinated Order, link in Sun Tze, 2 Domaru and a Keisotsu. I don't worry about Zone of Control, as it doesn't require everyone be in Zone of Control
>Everyone declares a short movement skill, then another short movement skill
>I do this 2 more times to get everyone up the board in ARO positions

Was that correct?
>>
>>51698958
I mean as long as the Domaru broke off from whatever fire team they might have been in and you had the command tokens for it I don't see why not.
>>
File: DeathToAmericans.jpg (127KB, 663x784px) Image search: [Google]
DeathToAmericans.jpg
127KB, 663x784px
>>51699014

I didn't have them in a Fire Team, I wasn't playing Sectorial (Sun Tze).

Buuutttt :) Since you mentioned it, we haven't used Fire Teams yet. Do I also understand this correctly;

>Take a Vanilla Yu Jing list
>Take a Remote with EVO Hacking
>Take 4 Domaru
>First turn, do Team Hack, 2 Domaru each form 2 unique Duo Teams
>The rest of the game, they are linked unless I break Coherency (Or by other means, like participate in an Coordinator Order
>>
>>51698624
>>51698394

It's an old rumor that the next book will have the White Star as a merc sectorial. Allegedly it will be the more infamous aspects like the Druze but there's almost no information beside that.
>>
Where do you send mispack issues to? I tried;

[email protected]

..and it timed out
>>
>>51699058
Well, you can't take four Domarus in vanilla (even if you include neko), so that example won't work. And there is an option to start the game with EVO support program online with command tokens, though I'm a little unsure how that works with deployment.
>>
>>51699138
I don't know, last time I had a mispack I sent the details to that address, with a pic of the model and the numbered cards that came with it, got replied the next day, and got the missing piece like a fortnight later after the shipping was done.

Also keep in mind it's about 2AM in Spain so it's probably not within the working hours of IT or the customer service if they're having some kind of technical issue.
>>
>>51695017
That's a little excessive. Lower PH, religious, regular combat jump, and BS13 versus BS12, courage, and superior combat drop is not as big of a difference as you make it out to be.

That said the Nomad box isn't doing much better. The Grenzer is a troop that is waiting for sectorial. The mobile Brigada is relatively versatile, but not first tier.
>>
File: pip pip cheerio want some opium.png (539KB, 625x390px) Image search: [Google]
pip pip cheerio want some opium.png
539KB, 625x390px
>play against an MO list
>sergeant link, Joan, Seraph
>first turn link shoots at me, second and third Seraph runs around
>Joan not activated entire game
>mfw she's a glorified cheerleader
>>
>>51699332
Grenzer is unpopular due to existence of Intruder, but he is a solid ARO piece, especially when you consider he can pack an ML.
Brigada is basically a better, cheaper ORC and unlike ORC he has little competition in HI department. Also linkable for the Pain Train in Corregidor.

Lower PH and regular to Superior Combat Jump is frankly all the difference you need to call Hellcat better for the same points. Courage instead of Religious and the HMG or ADHL profiles are cherries on top.

That said I usually get a lot more mileage out of my Sikh than Hellcats. Somehow he tends to land more often. I generally seem to get more out of "lower-tier" models, killing Tariks Mansuris with Fusilier Paramedics, Daktaris and Alguaciles critting AROs against snipers or HMGs, single ML Fusilier killing more than half of opposing Morat army, Bandits gluing TAGs down, while Nisses, Aquilas, Intruders, Tomcats or Custodiers get shit on in first turn.
>>
File: 1486525972930.jpg (19KB, 480x384px) Image search: [Google]
1486525972930.jpg
19KB, 480x384px
>>51699452
>tfw friend's single fusilier succeeds in revealing Fidays and Hunzakuts all the damn time
>>
>>51699452
MB would be just as shitty as the Orc if there was actual competition. The existence of more interesting HI is what fucks over Orcs in the first place, they're not actually all that bad.

Akalis get slightly better shooting skill. It's not a massive deal, but if one point of PH is worth mentioning then one point of BS is too.

Also Crusaders are underappreciated, at least the multi rifle profile is. It can set up some vicious suppressive fire in very inconvenient locations.
>>
>>51699776

Yeah its like you said, Orcs would be better if their "dont hack me bro" option wasn't just flatly worse than the MB for no reason and if they were linkable.

Wait are they linkable in neoterra? No, right?
>>
>>51699981
They get haris in NCA and ASA. Varuna will have the full link.
>>
>>51700085

Huh. That's...neat I suppose.

I don't know, I like orcs and if I played PanO and had good models for the link, would probably use them.

I'm used to MBs though, so vanilla power armor doesn't bother me at all.
>>
>>51699338
Huh, guess Infinity is historically accurate too.
>>
>>51700085
>Varuna will have the full link.
Soo about 2080, good to know.

>>51700103
I find it hard making use out of a full MB link outside of limited insertion. If they had a Haris option I think they would be golden. Maybe like the ORCs once Tunguska comes out alongside Varuna the MB will get a Harris option.
>>
>>51700505

>2080
kek that's a nice one anon. Try within the next millennia.
>>
Calling it right now O-12 is gonna drop with the next book.
>>
>>51700627
Dude come on, I don't think losing Paradiso will drop the entirety of O-12, maybe make them change it to O-11, but that's it.
>>
>>51700746

That's right anon it'd be more like O-10 for the amount of models dropped but that's right one mini for the profile.

The other two units will be left out until their eventual inclusion right before the heat death of the universe.
>>
>>51700777
Why are you guys talking about the O-9 faction? It's not coming out for a long while.
>>
>>51700916
Always assumed 0-8 wasn't worthwhile enough to release. They're basically the UN.
>>
>>51700916
Faction by O-8 or else it's too late.
>>
>>51699246

Ok, bad example but you get the idea.

Also--I can't find where it allows you to start with EVO support online
>>
>>51701021
Nah, 0-7 could be cool. Everybody loves the fun police
>>
>>51701303
http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Hacking:_Equipment#EVO_HACKING_DEVICE

third bullet under Tactical Support Systems
>>
>>51701431
Huh, I hadn't read through that, but it looks like sensor bot+EVO bot+GML bot is actually a really good combo with that bonus to sat lock.
>>
Does anyone have that picture of Bostria with the hat? (It's like the blue PanO Beret IIRC)
>>
>>51701649
Im pretty certain that is exactly why the nomad meteor zond costs 1 SWC. You are looking at half your SWC allotment for this combo. Plus the meteor can then do regular stemplar stuff.
>>
How many cheerleaders do you run?

Right now in Yu Jing, I'm running 3 Keisotsu in both of my command groups (so 6 total). Is that too many? They rarely do much, other than move up in possible ARO supressive fire spots or just stay prone and feed orders.
>>
>>51702292
Yeah, I generally take 3 line troopers to watch for Ad/act as speedbumps.
>>
>>51702292
3 is good. It depends on the list I'm running, cheerleader numbers tend to vary based on how many orders the rest of the list provides.
>>
>>51702292

Are Keisotsu the way to go or Zhanshi? I can't tell (Not enough games yet) if the extra WIP and BS is worth 2 points
>>
>>51702639

3 total or 3 in one Group? I actually have 6 but wonder if it's too much
>>
So what are models on bikes good for?

Looking at haqqislam makes me wanna do an army of bikers.
>>
>>51702650
Keisotsu are best for most cheerleading duties.

Celestial Guards are for hacking, they're 4 points more expensive than Keisotsu but get +2 WIP and +3 BTS. A WIP14 FO with a shotgun isn't bad either if you actually plan on using it for button pushing.

Zhanshi are rarely worth using at all. The only situation where you're better off using them rather than Keisotsu is if you want to hide your Lt in a gang of cheerleaders, since you have to pay a hefty SWC fee to make a Keisotsu your Lt.

Though one thing to consider is that 8 point remotes are magnificent for such a low price. You probably weren't going to use that combi much anyway, repeaters and flash pulses are great.

>>51702668
Depends on your list. Show list for context.

>>51702762
Going fast. Kum in particular are fast warbands with smoke and templates.
>>
I have the wu ming box, the red veil set including hte ninja and two additional siens with combi weapons. And I do know what to buy next. I know I do not want to play the nippon sectorial, and that is more or less what I know.
>>
Anon I'm not getting a test game for like two weeks mind if I ask what a warband is?
>>
>>51703077
I also have a yan huo with a HMG, and I would realy like to have a list that uses that model, because it is my favorite model.
>>
>>51703118
A cheap disposable troop with short range weapons, usually chain rifles. They also usually can throw smoke grenades and are almost always impetuous, which causes them to charge at the enemy every turn.
>>
>>51703150
There are ofc some exceptions, like Myrmidons, who are pretty elite and have access to long range weapons. And then there are some Light Infantry that is pretty Warband -like in their loadouts, like Ghazi Muttawiah.

But unlike some troop types (TAGs, REMs and HIs mainly), they don't get special rules from just being Warbands.
>>
>>51703123
*HRMC. HMG is your average big gun. This mofo has the anime tier supergun normally restricted to some selected mechas.

But it seems you've pretty heavily blessed with HI's already. I don't normally run more than 2-3, especially in vanilla lists. You might want to invest in some robots (Rui shis are good) and some support units and possibly some more cheerleaders to round things up. Not that your current collection is unplayable, just that you are probably outnumbered, especially at the start of the battle, and that can be rather harsh for a new player.
>>
>>51703821
Rui shis are those tachikomas-like robots? if yes, then I am ordering them right now. I am warry of buying models that look good, out of fear that they may have crap rules. Bad xp with other games.

What cheerleaders do you think good for vanila?
I was told that the zanshis are bad, and that I should either run them as celestial guard, or some sort of nippon unit, which I would like to avoid, if possible.

My last question is about the hmg hsien. Is making him a HMG a viable way to play. I know that leaders already have a pit waiting for them, puting a hmg would just make people want to kill him more. On the other hand I like the model and stats seem mighty fine. Maybe I should run two hsiens to confuse people ?
>>
>>51703913
There's two philosophies (not sure which is best in the meta right now) - make your lt. super buff and bristling with killy stuff, or make them blend in with the grunts somewhere to hide.
>>
>>51703913
If you're running your Hsien as Lt just immediately reveal him for the extra order and start murdering everybody. With a long range gun it's easier to hide him away at the end of the turn anyway.

All the robots are good. You really can't go wrong there. Some of them work as cheerleaders as well, being as cheap as 8 points.
>>
>>51703938
>>51704134
Ok, thanks. good to hear that the robots are good. I doubt I can get many of them. One box shouldn't kill me, but from what I have seen all list run like 8-12 chearleaders in 2-3 battlegroups. Buying 4-5 boxs of remotes, is kind of a above my budget. Maybe I'll try to run a secret service army with a wu link some celestials and yuo/hsien Lt.
>>
>>51704310
>but from what I have seen all list run like 8-12 chearleaders in 2-3 battlegroups
Ah, so you've got to deal with one of those metas. In that case you'll want to play pretty defensively and prioritize keeping your opponent off objectives or grabbing them as early as possible. You can't out-spam factions like Ariadna, so don't even try. Total reaction remotes, template weapons and other good ARO units are all valuable, as are things that can make efficient use of orders (like link teams and special deployment troops). Taking out large numbers of cheerleaders to deny orders might seem like the best idea at first, but really it's inefficient. Kill the important units first, like infiltrators and killy units. Then you can set up a wall of fire and watch the inept remainder of the army run into it.
>>
>>51704418
Are there any must have units to do that stuff, that I do not own yet? I have the wu ming box, the red veil set with the bow ninja, a yan huo with hmg, two combi hsien and I order the Yaokong box.
>>
>>51704690
Yaoxie. Combi Guilang.
>>
>>51704780
Oops, I read as must-haves in general. Still, a Ruishi in suppressive fire or enhanced reaction is a major PITA to warband spam that suddenly cannot smoke-dodge.
>>
>>51704690
There are a few very good ones.
Guilang are extremely good infiltrators, they have camo and have visors to better discover and kill other camo units.
Kuang Shi are excellent cheap warbands that can provide orders and can explode when killed. They require a certain Celestial Guard to play, but since you already have some you don't need to worry about that.
I wouldn't say there's any other must haves beyond, but there are several other heavy infantry options that are fantastic such as the Hac Tao, Daofei and Su Jian. I'd also recommend getting one of each type of robot box (Yaokong, Yaoxie and Pangguling) at some point in the future. All of them are wonderful.
>>
>>51704845
Oh whoops, I also misread the question. But I think the answer remains the same. Guilang are still very good since they can kill infiltrators and Kuang Shi are good area denial as well. Hac Tao and Daofei are not countered as easily by low-tech factions and Daofei starts halfway up the board. Su Jian is very mobile and order efficient for killing. Robots are still wonderful.
>>
>>51699776
>MB would be just as shitty as the Orc if there was actual competition.
But there isn't, which is the point. Not to mention Courage, TinBot B and a Missile Launcher profile (although that last one is pretty new, which gives hope for ORC). And is on average 1-2 pts cheaper.
I still like ORCs though, HMG HI with BS14 at 44pts ain't all bad.
>>
>>51703118
If you go to Army Builder and select filter by Type, the WB stands for Warband. As what they do, explained here >>51703150
>>
>>51704690
If you want to get into the fireteam game, the ISS starter would be a good bet as would be a Guifeng for proxy duty. That gets you access to the Crane who can Fireteam up with the Celestial Guard while also giving you a fifth model for the Wu Ming Core. You can't have more than one core at a time, but being able to hotswap to a backup fireteam is something some opponents are not ready for. The Zhanying also can form a fireteam Haris with the Hsien which is pretty nice. That extra burst on your Hsien helps ensure things die and changes the calculations immensely in ARO.

Ruishi, Guilang, Kuang Shi, Hac Tao, Daofei, and Su Jian have already been mentioned as helping you hunt down dudes.

Shaolin are another nice warband option, bringing their own smoke. They can't be used in ISS and are irregular, but the classic chain rifles is almost always worth his minimal points.

I know you don't like the Japanese units, but I will submit the Raiden as a useful piece. Having a cheap rocket launcher in your pocket is always nice and keeps AD and fireteams from getting too cheeky.
>>
File: snipershot.jpg (37KB, 960x854px) Image search: [Google]
snipershot.jpg
37KB, 960x854px
SNIBBETY SNAB :DDDD
>>
>>51695257
Sick light effects dude
>>
>>51705340
>CRAB BATTLE
Glorious.
>>
File: DuoQbev.png (2MB, 1588x1344px) Image search: [Google]
DuoQbev.png
2MB, 1588x1344px
>>51701895
russian not pano
>>
File: O-Yoroi pilot 75mm.jpg (134KB, 2048x1542px) Image search: [Google]
O-Yoroi pilot 75mm.jpg
134KB, 2048x1542px
>>51660247
>75 mm O-Yoroi Pilot
>>
File: FF.png (275KB, 698x494px) Image search: [Google]
FF.png
275KB, 698x494px
>>51695257
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R43dYg_Kuc0
>>
>>51705877
Now if only I could get one in 1730 mm and flesh.
>>
>>51705947
>implying a jap would be that tall
>>
File: lvcrab-1-web[1].jpg (56KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
lvcrab-1-web[1].jpg
56KB, 1200x630px
>>51705340
Dang nammit, if that's the Crabbot I'm disappointed it's not holding the stupid knife like the meme while the CA bot that doesn't have a knife holds one.
>>
>>51698784
Yes to both.
>>
>>51706311
Clearly the filthy Shasvastii bot stole it from Crabbot.
I may glue a spare bayonet I have from Imperial Guard on the Crabbot
>>
>>51698784
You can also discover + shoot the same marker.
>>
>>51705885
My games are severely lacking in the bromance department. I've got to correct that.
>>
>>51688693
Shit someone should asked them is it even possible.
>>51696802
>>51696816
And we stealed Cerrigan and Nova, any problems, or tried to said something else?
>>
>>51706583
I highly doubt it. Blizzard tends to be rather protective of their IP and a Warcraft tabletop game would likely set off GW's legal department. Diablo would probably be better for that.
>>
>>51706632
>and a Warcraft tabletop game would likely set off GW's legal department.
How so?
>>
>>51706679
Blizzard stepping into the TTG business would be a threat, and Warcraft was originally based on Warhammer Fantasy and has quite a few similarities so there's a possibility they'd be able to scrape together enough to go to court. Definitely not enough to win, but maybe enough to start a legal battle that they are far more invested in than Blizzard.
It would be a bad decision, but those trigger-happy fucks at GW legal aren't exactly known for their good sense.

Either way it doesn't matter, Blizzard isn't going to let any tiny Spanish company touch their stuff. In they unlikely event they branched out to tabletop they'd want it done in house like most other things they do.
>>
>>51706808
>Blizzard stepping into the TTG business would be a threat, and Warcraft was originally based on Warhammer Fantasy and has quite a few similarities so there's a possibility they'd be able to scrape together enough to go to court. Definitely not enough to win, but maybe enough to start a legal battle that they are far more invested in than Blizzard.
Good that there is no such thing anymore.
>Either way it doesn't matter, Blizzard isn't going to let any tiny Spanish company touch their stuff.
Yeah most likely, but man can have a dream, since FFG wasn't a very big company too.
>>
No knife. I'm disaapoint
>>
>>51706854
>>
>>51706854
For Pete's sake, this is an injustice that cannot stand. If I get such a model it must be converted. Good thing I don't play PanO.

So is the Tech Bee getting a statline? Something placeholder until the next book?
>>
>>51705053
>>51704884
>>51704845
Thanks all. guilang would I have to buy, normaly in the games I played before, the good stuff I spamed, infinity seems to enforce a lots of medium level or Tough rambos with extra order dudes ? which is something new to me. By the way that is why I have 3 hsiens. Though that list may look like 3-4 hsiens killing everything in aro and active phase with their long range weapons and visors.
>>
File: IMG_20170213_152732.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170213_152732.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
First time dabbling with greenstuff. Have dentists in the family, so got tools. Watched a lot of tutorials.

I prefer to marathon through hobby stuff, so it's been frustrating at first to have to spread sculpting over several days to let it cure.

It's tough, and I chose a challenging prospect for starters. Gonna do a Soldier 76 conversion of the ABH. How am I doing?
>>
File: IMG_20170213_153253.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170213_153253.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
>>51707124
>>
>>51706863
they look like the crabs from boom beach. I wonder if he also has a small blowtorch or a light flamer.
>>
File: IMG_20170213_152122.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170213_152122.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
>>51707132
>>
>>51706854
again with the stupid looking inward-pointed foot. I wonder if it's the same sculptor that made the Guijia pilot and the Pheasant lady.
>>
Am I missing something or is there no reason not to take Naffatuns over Ghulams when I can? Same points for +1 PH and +3 BTS and trading the light shotgun for a light flamer and grenades.
>>
File: 1zYbYAO.gif (2MB, 480x366px) Image search: [Google]
1zYbYAO.gif
2MB, 480x366px
>>51707178
do you even hank scorpio, bro?
>>
>>51707178
The ghulam are for link teams and the other profiles they offer, as well as better Lt hiding. And maybe you prefer light shotguns, or something.
>>
>>51707178
Well, y'know, besides specialist options and heavy weapons options. No FO Naffatun sadly
>>
File: [m] - Mecha 01.jpg (106KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
[m] - Mecha 01.jpg
106KB, 900x1200px
>>51706863
First things that come to my mind when I look at those insignas are 69 and Do not fist android girls.

Nonetheless, that bot is cute as fuck, and we'll probably see even cuter conversions sooner or later.
>>
>>51707115
Hsiens don't like being spammed. I'd take 2 at most, usually just 1. They're expensive and are primarily meant for the active turn, so taking several results in diminishing returns. Generally you only want/need 2-3 rambos, and it's better to make them adaptable to different situations. For example if your main rambo is a Hsien, you could consider a Tiger Soldier spitfire since it can flank from positions that the Hsien can't reach. But if your main rambo is a Yan Huo then a Rui Shi would make sense, because the Yan Huo has no MSV and can't engage camouflage or smoke units as effectively.

You also need specialists to do objectives. Technically any unit with a specialist skill will do, but there are attributes that make some better than others. Toughness is good, skills like camo or being a heavy infantry can make them more survivable since they need to run across the board and the enemy will hunt them. Mobility is also good, and skills like infiltration or AD that start them halfway up the board are incredibly useful on a specialist. The general utility of their specialist skill also plays a part, as they range from paramedics (fucking useless, only good for objectives) to hackers and chain of command (very useful to have around even if they don't touch an objective). Take 2-3 good ones and a few backups.

Cheerleaders are cheap. Sometimes they can be backup specialists or provide utility such as suppressive fire or repeaters, but mostly they just sit around and pump orders into the rambos and main specialists.

ARO units are usually things like snipers, total reaction remotes and missile/rocket launchers, but anything that slows down the enemy by presenting a big risk on the reactive turn can work. Suppressive fire is good for this too, as are shotguns/direct templates at short range. Mines are designed purely for this.

There's a few more specific classes like hackers, doorkickers and warbands, but they mostly fall into the above categories anyway.
>>
>>51707548
Oh and also you'll want your secondary rambos to be cheaper. While your main will often be 50+ points the secondaries are usually better off being less than 40.
>>
>>51705877
How tall is the S7 O-Yoroi TAG model? I'm having a funny thought of using the Luxumbra pilot as the TAG, and the pilot model as the pilot when dismounted, like a "don't talk to me or my son ever again" scenario.
>>
>>51707589
The S7 silhouette is about 66mm, so she'd be a bit tall. But then again the Umbra Samaritan is an official S2 model so you could probably get away with it.
>>
>>51707548
how would this work 200pts 4 SWC
hsien HMG LT

tiger soldier assault hacker

wu ming chain rifle duo
wu ming FO shotgun

rui shi

Panggliung minesweeper, because last time my opponent droped 2-3 mines in to every objective room

celestial guard with a smoke launcher

keisotsu combi weapon. I know he is nippon, but nothing else costs 9pts, and I guess I can proxy him with one of the zanshi.
>>
>>51706863
>>51706854
Is... the Crabbot hidden under the PanO TAG Shoulder Pad?
>>
>>51707741
Always try to reach 10 orders, even in lower point games. You don't want to start the game order starved.

The best way to beat mines is to kill the fucker laying them. To an extent that Wu Ming duo can afford to ignore them too, if they dodge they get a 75% chance to shrug off a mine, and also get a second go even if it does damage thanks to 2 wounds.

I'd maybe not make that duo at 200 points though, and definitely not in vanilla since they can't link without an EVO hacker. Just the FO by himself is fine, and allows you to spend 25 points on more orders.
>>
Oh man, I was going through some of my options and I completely forgot the Pheasant Rank Hacker exists. Like what? That's there, in the profiles?
>>
Whats the proper way to handle LoF and cover with S2 models not on S2 bases?
>>
>>51708169
grab a silhouette and place it for determining lof and cover
>>
>>51708169
Use a silhouette template. Operation Red Veil comes with a few of those.
>>
>>51707741
Looks fine; I'm dubious about having the Tiger Soldier in there though. Whilst I don't think 10 orders is necessary for 200 points, I think a Kanren or Guilang would be a better specialist choice.
Also, duo link teams can only be formed in vanilla armies if you have an EVO hacker, so you may want to swap that duo Wu Ming for another specialist of some kind. A hacker would probably be a good choice with lots of heavy infantry to protect and remotes to buff.
>>
>>51705877
Aaaand they fucked up the face again. Now I'm not sure if I want the big pilot. What the fuck, Luxumbra.
>>
>>51707792

Looks like it and I love the idea.
>>
>>51708056
didn't knew that about duos. I guess harris can't be formed either?

I can take 3 celestial guards, aka the red veil zanshi, the ninja, the hmg hsien and the tiger hacker. After that I do not know what to take ;/
>>
>>51709025
To be honest it kind of a sucks that wu ming can't link in vanila. The store owner could have told me tha. I probably would have bought something different.
>>
>>51709087
Why not run ISS?
>>
>>51706854
>>51706863
Love it!
>>
>>51709188
I didn't buy the ISS starter, I got the red veil one, plus the limited ninja cost a lot. The hsiens with rifles I picked up with store credit, and the wu ming and the HMQ yunhao, I got for selling my WFB army.
>>
>>51706854
>>51706863
“The maintenance and repair battalions are the heroes of the rearguard. These maintenance technicians always keep your systems ready and tuned, no matter how specialized they are. The Tech-Bees are a real morale booster for PanOceanian troops!”
>>
>>51707141
Pretty neat. Looks a bit rough that close up, but then so does the whole model. Definitely want to see it once its all put together. Make a D.Va next. CB needs to step up their Korean game.
>>
>>51709731
You've already pointed out that Zanshi are fine Celestial Guard proxies, and the Ninja & Hsien are also both ISS.
Wu Ming link team, Celestial cheerleader specialist and Lt with a Ninja KHD is a fine 200 points list.

Comme ca:

Celestial Guard (Lt) 13/0
Celestial Guard (Hacking Device) 21/0.5
Celestial Guard (Combi Rifle) 13/0
Ninja (Killer Hacking Device) 29/0
Wu Ming (Forward Observer) 31/0
Wu Ming (Heavy Rocket Launcher) 33/2
Wu Ming (Multi Rifle + Nimbus Grenade Launcher) 35/0
Wu Ming (Chain Rifle, SMG) 25/0

8 Regular orders
200 points 2.5 SWC

Three specialists and a very versatile 4 man heavy infantry link is pretty tasty. The Wu Ming link you can chop and change weapon options if you like. The list doesn't have anything over burst 3 as standard, and burst is king; an immediate change you could make is to make it the following instead:

Wu Ming (Forward Observer) 31/0
Wu Ming (Heavy Machine Gun) 39/2
Wu Ming (Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun) 29/0.5
Wu Ming (Chain Rifle, SMG) 25/0
>>
>>51710028
Oh awesome. Some did give me a small bag with a ton of weapons inside it. Although am only sure about the hmg and sniper rifles. there are also other weapons there some look like double barrled flamers, and something that looks like the hand held weapons from GitS only scaled up to rifle size.
>>
>>51706863
>>51706854
>it's riding around in the TAG's shoulder
That's a super neat idea.
>>
>>51659940
So, which of you was this? >>51705359
>>
>>51710836
Does it matter?
>>
>>51711305
nothing matters
>>
File: 1473764921394.jpg (27KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1473764921394.jpg
27KB, 500x281px
>>51711534
Sad but true
>>
File: rfghjk.png (768KB, 753x957px) Image search: [Google]
rfghjk.png
768KB, 753x957px
>>51711534
Musclegirls always matter.
>>
>>51711837
>tfw not enough muscle cuties
>tfw not enough tomboys

What's wrong with CB?
>>
>>51712026
It's like they hate money.
>>
File: everpresent-alien-threat.gif (46KB, 371x244px) Image search: [Google]
everpresent-alien-threat.gif
46KB, 371x244px
>>
>>51713516
Perfection.
Make this the next OP image.
>>
>>51706583
Which model is based on Nova?
>>
>>51710836
I kinda want to see that.
>>
File: TechBee Crabbot.png (249KB, 629x759px) Image search: [Google]
TechBee Crabbot.png
249KB, 629x759px
If I had the models on hand it would be better, but it'll have to do for now.
>>
>>51714571
Sugoi! Kawaii!
>>
File: this kills the crab.jpg (128KB, 505x327px) Image search: [Google]
this kills the crab.jpg
128KB, 505x327px
>>
any good painting guides for Onyx contact Force?
>>
File: No bullying.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
No bullying.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
>>51714684
>>
It's only February and we already know the best model released this year.
>>
>>51706854
>>51706863
the chick is a joke model right ?
I know this game is real cheesecakey but no pants in a game about special forces is kind of pushing it
>>
>>51706863

Hot girl and cute bot.
>>
File: x3zr4Lf[1].jpg (106KB, 640x452px) Image search: [Google]
x3zr4Lf[1].jpg
106KB, 640x452px
>>51714863
That's not the Ayyar.
>>
>>51710836
>svelte bakunin catboy
>indonesian pano musclegirl
Truly we have made the direst of foes. Who will triumph? The raw power of hyperpower muscles or the technique and skill of a experienced nomad operative? Yes I'm talking about sex.
>>
File: Muscleaspect.jpg (34KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Muscleaspect.jpg
34KB, 900x506px
>>51711837
>>51712026
Stand back citizen, I and my Biceps will save the sphere.
>>
File: Nova-Infinity.jpg (82KB, 864x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Nova-Infinity.jpg
82KB, 864x1024px
>>51714045
The Aleph SpecOps is Nova.

Ref Pic: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/003/4/0/starcraft_ghost_nova_by_shiramune-d36bits.jpg
>>
>>51717226
Huh, never noticed that.

Just needs a big greenstuff ponytail and more ass.
>>
please fucking tell me Huang Di will be the next yujing sectorial.
>>
>>51717461
I can if you really want me to, but it would definitely be a lie.
>>
>>51717810

Well looks like I'm gonna have to wait along ass time for my blue wolf TAG then....

Fuck me.
>>
New to the game. Thoughts?

Yu Jing
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 7
SUN TZE Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Boarding Shotgun, 2 Nanopulsers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 60)
RAIDEN (Minelayer, X Visor) Heavy Rocket Launcher, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 21)
NINJA Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW, Knife. (0.5 | 40)
TIGER SOLDIER Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)

GROUP 26
SHINOBU Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (0.5 | 47)
CELESTIAL GUARD Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)

5 SWC | 288 Points
>>
>>51714045
>>
>>51717871
On the other hand, playing Huang Di/White Banner as a pseudo sectorial in Vanilla like Kazaks do still isn't too bad. Fun even.

>>51717960
That list is a bit overall problematic for many reasons but if it's what you have I suppose you have to make do. At the very least you'll want to fill out the first combat group by putting a CG and some Keisotsu in group 1.

Also, you'll want some some more durable specialists like a Zuyong Paramedic, Karakuri, or Pheasant Rank Red Fury to give CoC for your obvious Lt and do some button pushing or killing.
>>
>>51718036
No spandex wedgie. Can't be nova.
>>
>>51718056

I pretty much have the entire faction on order or in house at this point. I'm just so fresh I don't know what I'm doing :) Feel free to suggest more.

I was running a Crane for Lt. and Pheasant for CoC in a few games then decided to put Sun Tze in. I've only played him in one game but he seemed a tank.

Ok, so I'll add a Pheasant Red Fury for CoC. Karakuri I haven't looked into yet.

What's the other issues with it? Right now we are playing hte D20 x D20 system, not ITS
>>
>>51717960
You have no active turn units that begin on the board, 1 decent specialist with only 1 backup and a total of 1 high burst gun which is on a vulnerable platform. This is not a gimmick I'd recommend starting with.

Also you should start with a full first group and a mostly supportive and defensive second group. 2 medium sized groups can be viable but not if you're just starting, 1 bigger group is easier to handle.
>>
can someone post what's out from the rpg. I want to read up on some lore
>>
>>51718302
Collated core PDF previews, Feb 7 version: http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/rgmeWsng/file.html
>>
>>51718338
thank you kindly anon
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.