[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 428
Thread images: 70

File: Tir Ghosts.jpg (89KB, 400x342px) Image search: [Google]
Tir Ghosts.jpg
89KB, 400x342px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>51573675
>Sperethiel_Beginner's_Guide.skl
>Tir_Tairngire_The_Promised_Lands.pdf
>100_Things_You_Didn't_Know_About_Elves_But_Were_Afraid_To_Ask.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 115 (89% Positive)
* You have 1 new private messages: "This is an automated reminder of your scheduled cosmetic surgery appointment on... "
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Lobe_Massage.btl

>shoot straight
>conserve ammo
>watch your back
>And never, ever make a deal with a dragon

Elf Appreciation Edition
Tell us about your favorite elven characters and companions. Pls no bully. Humanis leave.
>>
>>51604651

My favorite Elf was a drug dealer named Shady. Had surgery to dye his flesh and hair black. I don't mean African American black, I mean as black as pitch. He also bleaches his teeth and clothes, so you have this painfully monochromatic elf who is always fun to watch/listen to players react to.
>>
File: Temp.png (106KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
Temp.png
106KB, 212x278px
>>51604651
Elf appreciation, you say.
>>
>>51604766
Somebody call Humanis, we got a keeb what needs 'is teeth kicked in.
>>
>>51604082
>>51604066

Hey, just letting you know that I'm going to take SOME liberties with what is acceptable. For example, if I get natural Venom (injection) [which I did] I'm re-rolling because I'm not guaranteed to have the fangs with which to deliver this.

That alright with you? If not, I'll find some fucking way to work with this shit.
>>
Biometric swapping spells - are there any? Not adept powers, just the spells. Looking at running a mage who is a good little corporate wage slave daily, and a night an unlicensed magician with a shitty fake SIN wired to his biometrics. RAW Physicla Mask LOOKS like it would, but..
>>
>>51604809
>That alright with you? If not, I'll find some fucking way to work with this shit.
Go full RAW. I want to see a train wreck.
>>
>>51604863
>Biometric swapping spells - are there any?
No. Go adept.
>>
>>51604875

One Trainwreck coming up. Every god damned roll for the first 25 karma was 1,2 or 4. We'll see where else this shit rolls.
>>
>>51604875
Alright, positive qualities down, just now starting on the negatives. The only thing that I rerolled was that I SOMEHOW rolled Functional Tail (Thagomizer) twice, and I don't think having 2 tails does anything.

Positive metagenic qualities
Digging claws, 3 karma
Functional Tail (Thagomizer): 5 Karma
Greasy Skin: 3 karma
Vomeronasal Gland: 3 karma
Natural Venom (Injected, Mild): 3 karma
Dermal Deposits: 3 karma
Goring Horns/Larger Tusks: 5 Karma
Low Light Vision: 4 Karma
>>
>>51604651
In every game that has elves I make characters that hate elves. Fortunately this game inspires me to make something different--characters that hate everyone.

CRAWWWWLING IIIIN MY SKIIIIIIN

also forget elves i wanna know about real fey where can a chummer go to meet the real otherwordly creatures?
>>
>>51604986

>how to hate everyone without being edgy

Make characters that are WAY off the drawing board. Make a changeling that hates 'normies' (Which will probably be everyone in the party). Make an infected that hates 'normies'. Make a Racist KKK member from the 60's who was leonized and hates anyone who is either Magic, Cybered up, or not just a 'human'.
>>
>>51604875

Full metagenic qualities rolled out for a full random SURGE III:

Digging claws, 3 karma
Natural Venom (Injected, Mild): 3 karma

Karma total: 29

Negative Qualities:
Bioluminescense: 5
Critter Spook: 5
Cyclopean Eye: 6
Nocturnal: 4
Stubby arms: 10

Karma total: 30

I'm allowed to err on the side of 1 karma point, so... this is what we got.

Some creepy ass, stubby armed-ass, greasy one-eyed glowy fuck.

This will be fun.
>>
File: IMG_3461.png (164KB, 407x569px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3461.png
164KB, 407x569px
>>51604651
Morrigan was a cool chick. She knew her way around an engine, kept a trunk full of ordinance, and shared her novacoke. She and Bastion were a good match.
>>
So, does anyone have any idea where I can find rules on movement speeds and tunneling and shit? Or is it pretty much all GM territory?
>>
>>51604651
Tir plz go.
Knife ears should be gassed.
I personally cannot understand why Elfs are so 'cheap' in shadowrun. They are a really good way to boost agi and cha without much investment of anything and without losing anything other than your dignity.
>>
>>51605049
Could you link the venom to the tail and have a scorpion stinger?
>>
File: Fracture3_2.jpg (393KB, 880x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Fracture3_2.jpg
393KB, 880x1087px
Favorite elf is a huge slut who slept with a dragon, a changeling, a near-cyberzombie and a naga.

I am so jealous in and out of character.
>>
>>51605163

Elves have always been way too cheap for the amount of shit they get for free. in DnD, they can get: +2 Dex, Immunity to sleep, +2 racial bonus against enchantment spells and effects, Low Light Vision, a collection of weapon proficiencies for free, +2 racial bonus on Spot, Listen, and Search, AND automatically get a search check vs. hidden doors.

All for the low low cost of -2 constitution
>>
>>51604950
Sounds kinda like a venomous badger or a fucked up platipus
>>
>>51605204

That's... actually a pretty creative idea.

>This powerfully muscled prehensile tail ends in an array of dermal spikes and can be used for a melee attack using the Exotic Melee Weapon (Thagomizer) skill, with the following stats: DV (STR + 3) P, Reach 1, AP –1.

I was inclined to believe 'yes' until I re-read the natural venom, where I saw this:

>Injected (Injected Vector, 0 Karma, requires Fangs quality, p. 115).

>Requires Fangs Quality

So, I'm at a loss here. Either I have this poison, and I literally can't use it, or I am not allowed to HAVE this quality, without the fangs quality.

I was initially thinking about just having the guy take a syringe to the inside of his mouth an extracting it Manually.
>>
>>51605262

can you direct me to a not fucked up platypus?
>>
>>51605163
>>51605215
Because elves are simply better humans. Human 2.0.
>>
>>51605263

Chummer isn't even coming up with Mild Injected venom.

Am I literally not allowed to have the quality without Fangs? if that's the case, I'm rolling a new quality.
>>
>>51605336

Correction: Chummer isn't coming up with ANY injected venom
>>
>>51605336
>>51605366
Of course not. The quality states a requirement, and Chummer hides anything you don't have the requirements for.

There's another alternative - you have to take Fangs when you roll injection venom.
>>
Sorry if I'm being a scrub, but I cant figure this out. can you move under your walking speed, do a complex action and then move the rest?
>>
>>51605277
Okay sorry,

A /more/ fucked up platipus
I vote you fudge it & reroll those vemon sacks & be a crazy badger berserker with a combat ax & a drug problem
>>
>>51605375
Do I get it for free? Because if not, I have a lot of re-rolling to do.

Honestly, the easiest thing will just be to re-roll the natural venom, since I didn't roll the ability to use that quality.

>>51605462
I think I'll do this, and just re-roll the natural venom.
>>
>>51605488
>Do I get it for free?
Why would Patrick Goodman make this easy on anyone willing to roll dice for their SURGE? It's supposed to be difficult to the point of being unfun.

You could take out Low Light Vision, as the last rolled PMQ that wouldn't have been rolled otherwise.
>>
>>51605488

>1'st reroll is Natural Venom, Injected, mild

Fuck me.

>2nd reroll is a 5, which is too many points

>3rd reroll

Magnetoception or Electrosense

Alright, THIS is something I can work with.

I really want to work with the Burrowing claws for some reason. Electroception would let me sense people while I was underground for some underground bullshit, but I still have no idea how traveling underground/burrowing works.

>>51605522
Well, I'm assuming that YOU are Patrick Goodman in this isntance.

If you're the original suggester of the challenge, I'll take your ruling. I was really hoping to keep Low Light Vision because that actually works well with my Bioluminescence, but I'll let it be your call.
>>
File: da1f31bfc29881f16772986ac41759e7.jpg (817KB, 1500x2279px) Image search: [Google]
da1f31bfc29881f16772986ac41759e7.jpg
817KB, 1500x2279px
>>51605366
Injected requires the Fangs quality and one of the Changeling qualities. Technically it'll show up if you untick the 'Show only qualities I can take' option, but you'll get a validation warning if you try to complete the character without it.

I really should get around to implementing that surgen equivalent in Chummer, the code's been half-done for months.
>>51603839
The PDF rendering should be fixed in the latest nightly. Still needs some work with formatting and I'd die happy if I could get automatic page breaks to actually work or acquire someone to maintain those godawful sheets for me, but it's betterer.
>>
>>51605553
>Well, I'm assuming that YOU are Patrick Goodman in this instance.
>If you're the original suggester of the challenge
I'm neither, (un)fortunately.
>>
>>51605623

Ah well. In that case, I'm just doing the re-roll and using Electroception.
>>
>>51605560

So, yekka, Greasy Skin doesn't seem to be coded as a Metagenic Quality, it's costing me 3 karma when it shouldn't. (I know that I can just click the 'free' button, but it's still something to be aware of)
>>
>>51604082
>>51604066

Okay, with the final lineup:

Surge 3:
Digging claws, 3 karma
Electroception: 4 karma

Negative Qualities:
Bioluminescense: 5
Critter Spook: 5
Cyclopean Eye: 6
Nocturnal: 4
Stubby arms: 10

I'm writing up a character right now. gonna be in pastebin because I dunno how long I'm gonna make it.
>>
File: 2f9d37d24945cdbb6e5e6357bb729fac.jpg (669KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2f9d37d24945cdbb6e5e6357bb729fac.jpg
669KB, 2560x1600px
>>51605710
Whups, missed the metagenic tag. Fixed in the next build.
>>
>>51605049
It's nice to see someone do something creative with a changeling and not simply go werewolf or catgirl with it. Or be the cancer that is the player who goes drake.
>>
>>51605771

I always love a good challenge.
>>
>>51605771
>werewolf, catgirl, drake
To be fair, that section of players will always be a problem, no matter what they play.
>>
So how common is SURGE-ing in the setting? Is there a part of Seattle referred to as the Pet Shop District or the Zoo?
>>
Felt in the spirit to add my own Surged freak. Class 2 randomised everything, rolling till the values were equal

Tail (Balance)
Keen Ears
Camoflage (Dynamic)
Mood Hair
Cepholapod Head
Third Eye
Insect Features

So a fucked up cthulhu faced freak whose natural camo reacts to his mood, he's got an extra eye & is probably chitinous & has a devil tail to top it off

It actually went rather well.

Please kill it with fire
>>
>>51604651
>you will never have SURGE-afflicted Tir Ghosts kill threats to the corporately-free world
>>
>>51605049
Hey, wasn't there a DND race of one-eyed dinosaurian fucks with thagomizers?
>>
Why the heck is Jake n' frenz in workshop for all the Shadowrun Returns shit, but Joshua and pals are nowhere to be found?
>>
>>51605804

I think it's, like, .1% for ANY changeling (including the rating 1's), and from there, 60% surge 1, 30% surge 2, and 10% surge 3, but that's all memory, so I could be WAY wrong.
>>
>>51605801
>>51605771
Every time I've seen a drake character sheet I always think "what a wasted opportunity" because they always just think of it as "Rawr I'm a super cool dragon."
When in truth they should be like "I gotta hide myself constantly never show what I really am and gods help me if a dragon catches my scent."
>>
File: Cthulhu_90de4d_5469956.jpg (179KB, 668x807px) Image search: [Google]
Cthulhu_90de4d_5469956.jpg
179KB, 668x807px
>>51605807
Pic related
>>
>>51605842
.1% is the of global population that is a changeling. They become a lot more common in areas with a lot of magic and spirits running about.
>>
>>51605855
Damn, im feeling bad for rolling up a drake now...
>>
>>51605883
>>51605842
Is there info on that in Year of the Comet or something?
>>
File: guncaster.jpg (273KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
guncaster.jpg
273KB, 1920x1200px
>>51605855
>>51605895
Embrace it, chummer.
>>
>>51605905

Don't feel bad, make a good damn character. Make it something that won't be a wasted opportunity.
>>
Supposing I was able to get any one of these for under $13 US (plus shipping), which ones should I go for?

Dreamchipper
Queen Euphoria
Predator and Prey
Total Eclipse
Celtic Double-Cross
Missions
Shadowtech
Eyewitness
Fields of Fire
Imago
Ivy and Chrome
Divided Assets
>>
>>51604809
>>51604082
>>51604875

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! I PRESENT TO YOU: ONE FUCKED UP TRAINWRECK OF A FULL-RANDOM SURGE III CHARACTER!!

http://pastebin.com/ZvJV3yvf
>>
>>51605905
Naw just in the runners companion it states that a surge can occur during any exposure to a huge amount of magic. So a natural assumption is if your constantly being exposed to pure magic on daily basis would have that effect. Really it comes down to head canon and how prevalent you want changelings to be.

>>51605895
If your playing a drake and your not scared of dissection then your doing it wrong.
The only way you could conceivably live above the poverty line as a drake is if you also got the qualities astral chameleon AND erased. (Or had magic powers/hacking ability to do that shit yourself)
>>
File: Monk battle strategy.png (242KB, 283x750px) Image search: [Google]
Monk battle strategy.png
242KB, 283x750px
When comparing Street Samurai to Physical Adepts, would it be correct that Street Samurai come out of chagen stronger than Adepts, but Adepts have a higher upper limit due to (theoretical) infinite growth? A Sammy could be rich but their Essence only takes them so far in regards to augmentation, however an Adept can just keep Initiating.
>>
So how is a Drake supposed to live?
>>
File: 53633972_p0.jpg (346KB, 959x1400px) Image search: [Google]
53633972_p0.jpg
346KB, 959x1400px
>>51605804

IIRC, some changelings in Seattle congregate in the shittier parts of town, particularly in the Puyallup Barrens. There's loads more orks and trolls there for it to be considered "The Puyallup Zoo" or anything, though.
>>
>>51606029
A slave, a lab subject, or a poor as shit runner.
If your lucky you might be a pet, but generally that spot is reserved for True Drakes.
and when I say poor as shit runner, I mean you can't actually have a lifestyle above poor otherwise you'll get dragons knocking at your door. If you have a nice GM you might get away with middle class baring you have the resources to protect you.
The only thing in SR that puts a bigger target on your back is going into Blood, Toxic, or Bug Magic.
>>
>>51606026

No, quite the opposite: An Adept has the ability to come out way further ahead during character creation, because Sammies are heavily limited by money, essence, and availability.

Out of character creation, sammies can earn WAY more money than adepts can earn karma, and the street sam can start getting much better gear. They can upgrade to alpha and betaware, which gives them more essence to work with, they get better guns, and they still can use that karma for personal upgrades like skills and attributes.

Adepts on the other hand need almost no money. An adept can come out of the woodworks with more than enough skills to beat a street sam at their own game. But, after that, almost all the money that they get can't go into self improvement, since they don't get cyberwear, unless they go the burnout route.

And all the karma they get will be being spent increasing their magic/initiating (which is very expensive).

So, adepts start off stronger than sammies. Sammies quickly become better after a couple runs.
>>
File: 60781293_p0.jpg (327KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
60781293_p0.jpg
327KB, 2480x3508px
>>51606136
>So, adepts start off stronger than sammies. Sammies quickly become better after a couple runs.

That depends entirely on the karma/nuyen balance in your run rewards.

I also think it's reasonable for GM's to incorporate the Missions rules that let you exchange karma for nuyen and vice-versa.
>>
>>51606166

While this is true, the karma rewards were designed to be pretty low for a reason. And most rules that I find that involve karma to nuyen exchanges (And vice versa) run on an 10,000 to 1 ratio.

If your average run nets you, say, 30k nuyen, and 5 karma (I dunno, I'm making stuff up right now), you can turn that into 0 nuyen and 8 karma, which... isn't that big of a deal by comparison.

Take that to a street sam, and that 30k can be put to use for upgrading his ware, as well as taking the karma to shore up some skills he's lacking in, or even picking up a quality or two.

My bottom line is that Nuyen is the much more plentiful resource, and street sams can make much more use of it than adepts can, who have to balance their karma between Magic/initiation, qualities, and skills.
>>
>>51605990
>>51605949
>>51605922

Ive posted a bit before about him.
He is an blade adept, he was made by Dunkelzahn, raised by another dragon through the Draco Foundation, (Uncle Dunkel left me to them when he died, I was originally intended to be a sort of champion fighter, he has a very strong Samurai/Paladin mindset) He views himself as a dragon, masquerading as a meta. He gave the Draco Foundation funded orphanage the slip, & is running the shadows as a way to put his skills to use & help people out. He shares his sire's fasination of metahumanity. His Mentor Spirit is the Dragonslayer, he hates Lofwyr & one of Lofwyr's pet drakes, Snares-the-Sun, who has tried to aggressively recruit my character. He is only going to drake out when fighting hard fights, or if his drake form is better suited to the task, otherwise he is pretty sneaky.

Im trying to think of a good name for him, something dragony, perhaps a kenning type name
>>
>>51606100
But it has to be a valid trade-off for being a Drake right? I can understand and sympathize with an NPC Drake, but a player Drake would have a lot of power correct?

>>51606076
That still has to suck.
>>
>>51606166
The thing is, the way karma and money scales, karma gives progressively less value than money, in regards to improvements. Sams can use both karma and money to get better, but outside of foci, adepts don't have a lot to play with, and even foci cost karma.

Most GM I've played with (including myself) end up following the lines of the book rewards, and it benefits more nuyen than karma, and even if you give larger karma or convert them, it still will be diminishing returns than money due to how karma scales when you spend it.
>>
>>51606234
Yay, it's extremely racist to have those poor Changelings live with dirty trogs.
>>
>>51606233
Describe the Drake form's appearance and I can probably suggest some from my usual style.
>>
>>51606227
>If your average run nets you, say, 30k nuyen, and 5 karma
Book gives you a base of 3k per person
>>
File: daniel-tyka-color-comp-003b-as.jpg (432KB, 1920x815px) Image search: [Google]
daniel-tyka-color-comp-003b-as.jpg
432KB, 1920x815px
>>51606234
>That still has to suck.

They're called "Barrens" for a reason, chummer.

>>51606263
>it still will be diminishing returns than money due to how karma scales when you spend it.

That's a good point.
Nuyen does has an eventual hard cap on how good you can get, though - even with deltaware. Adepts and Mages, with enough karma, can just keep raising their Magic and getting more dice.
>>
>>51606282
Western drake is bestern drake
>>
>>51606319

>eventual

If a game ever runs long enough for me to get a street sam to be completely tricked out with deltaware, well over 5.8 essence worth, that game has probably gone on too long.
>>
>>51606227
Rewards are covered on page 367. An average run that you can survive brings in 10k or so. A 30k job is less 'average' then 'You Died', and should, if you survived, bring in at least 9 karma.

A more average run is about 10k and 5 karma, however.
>>
>>51606282
Forgot to mention,
He is red mainly with blue membranes & underscaling. If you need anything more just ask
>>
>>51606233
That is generic...like I've heard this story before, not only from other players but from myself.
Having Drake who is a dragons prodigal son is super common plots.

So I am gonna let you know how I spiced things up when I made my own drake. I made him a changeling surge 3. SUPER ugly motherfucker. I fluffed him as someone who survived a drake experiment that went wrong and it caught half way between transformations. So now his human form permanently looks monstrous.

>>51606234
Depends what the player is building the drake as. Anything magical is gonna be beneficial as a drake. But the problem with starting as a Drake is the high BP can cripple your character if your not careful.
Now if you chose latent dracomorphis, then your either trying to fuck yourself or trying to break the rules so you can have your cake and eat it too.
>>
The party mage just OHKO'd a helicopter by putting up a physical barrier in its blades.

Most versatile spell ever?
>>
>>51606353

Right. Anyone who earned that much nuyen should have retired long ago.
>>
>>51606166
>>51606136
Sammies also have to spend months and a bunch of contacts to get cybernetic upgrades that suck now anyway.

I hear they wanted to change things up from 4th where people would start as a street sam and never go under the knife again because they already had the kit they needed, but it's pretty fucking bullshit how terrible, and expensive, cybernetics are now.
>>
>>51606422

>Made a Promise to go down swinging
>Won't let himself die a cheap death
>Won't make it easy
>Keeps running, keeps going on dangerous jobs
>Keeps using the money to get better gear, because it can't be easy
>Just wants to die now.
>>
File: slayer_army_seperations_smaller.jpg (222KB, 670x945px) Image search: [Google]
slayer_army_seperations_smaller.jpg
222KB, 670x945px
>>51606444
>Dwarf street sam with a mohawk and blue paint.
>>
>>51606328
>>51606356
How about Tharomophis Serpin or Agame Doble?

>>51606401
If I'm going to play a Surge, the random roll thing the other guy is doing seems like the best bet. Might make my players do something similar one day for the lulz.
>>
>>51606427
My GM's handling it by letting us buy up cyberware like magic.
>>
>>51606465

I don't get the reference.
>>
>>51606504
Warhammer
>>
>>51606504
Warhammer Fantasy Dwarven Slayers.
>>
>>51606401
I believe in simple backstorys & worthwhile roleplaying. I dont like complex backgrounds, they just limit what you can bring to the table, i dont like being edgey & i dont lkike anime bullshit.

I'm going with a superman vibe, Uncle Dunkel is dead, was taught how to be human by the Foundation, then was taught my real calling by a surrogate dragon parent. It was a toss up between Dunk or Lofwyr being my sire when i made my drake, i didnt want to have a german vibe so i went with Dunk. Then i decided Lofwyr might as well be after me since he is the biggest wizwyrm around. Plus i cant be ugly cause im doubling as our Face.
>>
>>51606535
>>51606528

Oh. I never touched Warhammer.
>>
>>51606482
I like Tharomophis. Agame Doble sounds like a fancy pastry though. How do you come up with names? Me i just smash sounds i like together. Like Kortalynarus is the dragon that taught drake
>>
>>51606614
I have a set naming scheme for almost all the races I have in my games. Stuff like Gryphon NPCs having names based on Falcons and other predatory birds and the like.

I took that name by messing around with the Scientific name of the California Red Garter Snake because it matched your color scheme and looks cool. Agame Doble is just a play on the Agame lizard, which also has a matching color scheme. The Doble part should be obvious that it is Spanish for Double, and the lizard's scientific name is Agame Agame.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (262KB, 1547x1250px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
262KB, 1547x1250px
>>51606707
Thats cool. Didnt catch the spanish. The Agame does have a good color palette for what i was aiming for
>>
What are some good traits for a competing party that is both competent and really lame?
I am thinking of having them call themselves "the dragons" and have matching outfits.
>>
>>51607336
Make them all elf posers
>>
File: nv3Zroi.jpg (96KB, 614x960px) Image search: [Google]
nv3Zroi.jpg
96KB, 614x960px
>>51606166
>>51606136
>>51606026

A lot of half-truth in here, to say it frankly.
After Chargen, the difference between a properly built Sam and a properly built Adept is pretty small in their main field (Shooting).
Sometimes one will be better, sometimes the other and there are a few things that are easier to build with one of them (eg Charbuilds that specialise really hard on full-auto and thus require all the RC they can get => Cyberarm Gyromount), but overall, there is very little difference when it comes to shooting.

The thing that Sams excel in, are permanet boosts to (many) attributes. Adeps usually only get a + to REA, and use temporary buffs for everything else.
Adepts, on the other hand, are the uncontested Kings when it comes to armed melee combat due to how weapon foci work.

So basically, if you want the highest cieling possible for your main Weapon Skill, go Adept.
If ~20 Dice are enough for you, and you prefer a broader possible skillset, go for Sams.
Eg, its a lot easier to be a Sam/Driver and even a Sam/Face is fairly easy to build because Pheromones are fucking cheap. You won't be as good as a dedicated Pornomancer, but you will be scary with a Gun and with a Martini.

Adepts have it easier to get more competent in their specialisation though (in practice, not in theory), because Innitiations are dirt Cheap and its easier to scrounge up the Karma for two of them than it is for a Sam to get the moniez for new Ware.
The latter point can be mitigated though, with a proper build that sets a foundation on which you can expand with Karma.
>>
>>51607336
Have them not all get the memo exactly, so you have two different takes on the name.
>>
>>51608109
Reminds me of a joke I can't quite find, where a comedian does a hen's night for 40 women who turned up dressed as indians. 39 feather head dresses, and one sari.
>>
Is banning cyberdecking and technomancers a good idea? I'm the GM but I'm too lazy to deal with that.
>>
>>51608757
Yes. Make them npc teammates or contacts.
>>
>>51608757
You COULD make it a quick&dirty hack by using the /SRG/ houserule of making all hacking/decking attempts a simple role with threshold equal to the Firewall of the target Device.

I'd ask around in the group before you ban them, its cutting out quite a few potential playeroptions.
>>
>>51605008
>KKK member
IIRC they are actually opposed to humanis, because they don't fucking care if you are a human, trog or keeb
as long as you aren't a fucking nigger
>>
>>51609102
The way you phrased that amuses me
>>
>>51609102
But Trogs ain't white
>>
>>51609102
The Klan hasn't appeared at all. You're thinking of the various russian racist gangs, who are fairly standard ye olde racists.
>>
File: Orc Handsome.png (40KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
Orc Handsome.png
40KB, 128x128px
>>51609152
Kinda are, actually. Not only green
>>
File: pc_orkfemale_03b_brutal.png (89KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
pc_orkfemale_03b_brutal.png
89KB, 212x278px
>>51609280
I really want to like the portrait art in Returns, but the way the fangs on Orks and Trolls just look glued onto the outside of their lips takes me out of it so hard.
>>
File: In_the_wrong_body.png (652KB, 511x4793px) Image search: [Google]
In_the_wrong_body.png
652KB, 511x4793px
Have you ever seen a dragon poser?
I am considering a street sam who feels that he is, on all levels but the physical, a dragon.
>>
>>51609216
nah, that's the vory
they don't care about your skin color
they don't care about your metatype
but if you are a jew, tartar or mage and you've got a problem
>>
File: around elves.png (79KB, 426x382px) Image search: [Google]
around elves.png
79KB, 426x382px
>>51609280
They are as "white" as russians, that is, barely more than pale niggers.

>>51609389
Otherkinenabler please
>>
>>51609428
But otherkins become way more viable AND hilarious when cybernetics are available!
>>
>>51609434
They become the most viable and hilarious when a good amount of EX-EX FullAuto is involved.
>>
>>51609389
>Have you ever seen a dragon poser?

Dead ones, just like idiots getting insect features or pretending they're ghouls for shit'h'giggles.
>>
What are items that every shadowrunner needs? What are items every decker needs? So far all I've really picked out is a cyberdeck, a ranged weapon, backup ranged weapon, melee weapon and a cerebral booster 2
>>
>>51609694
A good comlink.
Either take the best one Available at Chargen (Transys Avalon) or an MCT BlueDefender
You want some way to see the matrix (Cybereyes/Contacts with Imagelink) and some way to get a DNI, so either Trodes or (better) a Datajack.
Also, for the love Dunkelzahn, grab at least one Mag full of nonlethal Ammo along your EX and APDS and whatever. Stick-n-Shock for everything up to and including SMGs, Gelrounds for Assaultrifles and upwards.

A Microtransceiver is also super usefull and dirt cheap. If you have decent strength, grab a Crowbar, if not, go for the Microwelder.

For a Decker:
You can fit two Cyberdeckmodules into your Deck, one hardwired, one into the Slot. Depending on how your GM handles repairs, you REALLY want the slotted one to be the one that gives your Deck quite a few additional boxes on the Matrix Monitor.
Program Carrier with Virtual Machine is also usually a good choice.

Alphaware plastic Bonelacing could be a very cheap way to boost your (probably horribly low) Soak-Pools.
Don't forget to get as much Armor as you can carry. A balistic face mask is always good because it hides your fucking face.
>>
>>51609694

Fake SIN
>>
>>51608972
A 10 ft. pole
>>
>>51609694
>What are items that every shadowrunner needs?
firearm (look at knockdown rules, or FA and large clip size for suppressing fire if you can't hit shit)
melee weapon (survival knife if you expect to use it for non-combat stuff more often than not)
handful of Run Faster's disposable commlinks (20¥ each)
tag eraser
micro-transceiver
medkit (hopefully in a HEL suit or ynt softweave FFBA)
industrial superglide lubricant in litres & some paint grenades
loose Capsule ammo filled with Pepper Punch (+Slingshot so you can pretend it's *not* for a firearm) as a last resort 100% legal unrestricted weapon
>>
>>51609834
>industrial superglide lubricant

Honestly, I can legitimately think of a few uses for this, but I want to know why you put this here...
>>
>>51609834
>industrial superglide lubricant in litres
Anon please, we all know that's only for characters with lewd implications.
>>
>>51609869
>>51609892
ISGL goes well in paint grenades and will seriously ruin the day of anyone trying to pursue the team.

Alternatively, get an Atomizer from R&G, and fill a metre cube with lube mist as you escape.
>>
>>51609909
>lube mist
I don't know if that's more or less lewd.
>>
>>51609921
Depends on what your Atomizer looks like. It does spray out a full litre in 3 seconds.
>>
>>51609953
Don't forget the Burner Comlink attached to it, that plays circusclown music with the highest outputvolume possible
>>
Is it possible to fill a gas grenade with Laes, or can you only fill gas grenades with toxins as opposed to drugs? The possibility of a gas grenade full of memory-wiping knock-out gas sounds hilarious to me.
>>
>>51610017
since Laes is not a gas I don't know if you can put it in a gas grenade
>>
>>51610017
The problem with gas clouds of anything toxin or drug related in SR5, is that unless everyone is removed after 1 dose, exposure & overdose rules will fucking kill them before the cloud clears.
>>
>>51610041
Chrome Flesh mentioned that you can get people with it through cigarette smoke, so there is a way to get it through an inhalation vector.

>>51610054
Haven't really noticed that problem myself, but all I've been using is tear gas.
>>
>>51610054
Only if you mindlessly apply RAW, which no sane DM does.
Just define that damage from stuff like neurostun never gets converted into physical and you are fine.
>>
File: cyberhand_485.jpg (30KB, 485x334px) Image search: [Google]
cyberhand_485.jpg
30KB, 485x334px
So, i need you help, chummers.
I'm thinking about getting the remote Cyberhand (Renraku Scuttler) for one of my Cyberarms.
Its basically a detachable Hand that is also a Drone.
Problem is, I'm a bit at a loss to whether its worth the buy. Sensor 2 is alright but you can't mod it further.
So, any of you ever used this or something similiar? I like the idea of having something like this available at anytime, but i'd be pretty fucked if it gets destroyed and its not exactly cheap at 9000 Nuyen.
Should i just call it a day and simply put a Drone in my smuggling Compartment?

Another thing that sound like fun is putting an additional Eyemount with the Eyeballdrone into myself, but putting it into my legs (to save Essence) sounds sorta useless.
>>
File: troll.png (10KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
troll.png
10KB, 64x64px
>>51609385
>to like the portrait art in Returns, but the way the fangs on Orks and Trolls just look glued onto the outside of their lips takes me out of it so hard.
That bugs me, too. I dont' think it would have even been that much harder to show their lips bulging around the protruding teeth, lots of artists what draw orks and shit seem to be able to do it just fine.
>>
>>51610295
>Should I just call it a day and simply put a Drone in my smuggling Compartment?

Yes. No need to get some intricately complicated setup where "Hide tiny spy drone on person" works.
>>
>>51610508

My character has a minitank in a chest cavity .
>>
Hey Yekka, i'm trying to add the "additional Eye mount" from Chromeflesh to one of my Cyberarms, but i can only choose gear from the sensor tab.

Its technically Eyewear, but the Description is pretty clear on it being able to be installed in basically anythign with the capacity:

>The most common placement is one in the back of the head, to be aware of ambushes, or to a hand, allowing someone to look around corners.

Could you take a look at this?
Also, if its not to much of a hassle, could you point me on what i would have to write in my custom_cyberware.xml to fix it myself?

Thanks for all the hard work!
>>
How much nuyen to find people willing to dig a tunnel straight under an azzie den for an extraction?
>>
>>51610863
You would need to create an override_ cyberware file, but I'd have to tinker around with how limbs interact with the different cyberware categories. You could create a custom_cyberware.xml file with an Additional Eye Mount (Cyberlimb). Identical to the original except it be a cyberlimb accessory rather than headware.
>>
If I want to set up an explosive booby trap, is it possible to use just a pair of high explosive grenades instead of plastic explosives or whatever? It's a lot cheaper if I do that, and it's not like I want to blow up the building or anything; I just want to turn any dumbass breaking into my apartment into a red splatter on the ceiling when he steps on the tripwire.

>>51611280
That sounds like it'll take a long time; a drone may be a better investment.
>>
File: deadly_hybrid_by_ortheza-d9x177i.jpg (462KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
deadly_hybrid_by_ortheza-d9x177i.jpg
462KB, 1125x1500px
>>51611280

Is there an existing sewer system you can use?
>>
>>51611343
That sounds more than reasonable, but where do you live that setting off an explosive tripwire booby trap in your house won't wake up the entire neighborhood?
>>
>>51611443
Ork underground?
>>
can deckers run ICs? Or is it only something a host can do?
>>
>>51611509
>but where do you live that setting off an explosive tripwire booby trap in your house won't wake up the entire neighborhood?
Why would that be a bad thing? The more people that wake up, the harder it is for that dumbass's friends who didn't die in the explosion to make a getaway.
>>
>>51611972
Only hosts can run IC. Best you got is an Agent and they don't have the uniques abilities ICs do.
>>
File: 8RTCyzQ.jpg (572KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
8RTCyzQ.jpg
572KB, 1920x1920px
>>51611339
Hey Yekka.
I tried to make it quick&dirty by moving it to the "Headware" Category (where it should have been all along IMHO, considering its something you put into your head or Body, not your Eyesocket or -ball), and it works fine.
Just as a note for anybody who wants to try this, you actually need to delete and rercreate the cyberlimb in question for this to work.
Idk if there is a way to circumvent this.

If anybody wants to have the same fix, i have attached my override file.
There is also a Change in there that enables the Bonus from WLAN enabled Reaction Enhancers and WiredReflexes to be shown in the Stats Tab.
Though you also have to delete and recreate both Implants on existing Characters for it to have any effect.
>>
File: 1373020122001.jpg (45KB, 730x487px) Image search: [Google]
1373020122001.jpg
45KB, 730x487px
>>51612126
Addendum:
I'm /relatively/ sure that you can circumvent the part where you have to remove and reinstall the Cyberlimbs on existing Characters by opening the Chummer File of your Character with Notepad++, navigating to the specific limb(s) and adding "Headware," to the row of allowed Subsystems.
Though Yekka might correct me on this.
>>
File: override cyberware Shadowrun.jpg (124KB, 624x995px) Image search: [Google]
override cyberware Shadowrun.jpg
124KB, 624x995px
>>51612126
Addendum2
Fuck i forgot that you can only add one file on 4chan.
Here is my override_cyberware.XML as a screenshot
>>
File: cyberzombie.jpg (267KB, 900x896px) Image search: [Google]
cyberzombie.jpg
267KB, 900x896px
Stupid question, but there was nothing explicitly indicating the presence of which splat on the mediafire which contains the juice on Seattle. Which one should I grab?
>>
>>51604766
checked
>>
>>51609768
>Cyberdeck modules
are these not in the CRB? I can't find them and thats all we are using for now
>>
Yekka the redliner quality is broken, and seemingly cannot be added to a character. It appears in the quality menu but when you press "ok" or "add and more" it simply closes the menu without adding the quality.
>>
>>51612126
I'm not Yekka, but I appreciate the thought.
Yekka has said that he doesn't let WR and RE stack natively because its a Wireless bonus. Being able to toggle wireless on or off would be pretty wiz.

I would definitely make a custom_cyberware.xml file rather than a override file, because when the Cyberware.xml file updates you'll have to make changes manually each time.
t. someone who has like 2-3 override files and its a pain in the ass each time

>>51612337
Use the github to post issues.
>>
File: aposematism.jpg (379KB, 1280x757px) Image search: [Google]
aposematism.jpg
379KB, 1280x757px
>>51606707
That snake is not something I want to own as a pet.
>>
>>51612315
Emerald Shadows is in Seattle Sprawl Digital Box under 5e, and Seattle 2072 is under 4e.
>>
>>51612372
Did not see that box. Embarrassing. Thanks.
>>
>>51612361
Oh and the Additional Eye Mount is in the "Eyeware" category in Chrome Flesh, thats why its under the "Eyeware" category in Chummer. It just so happens to cause issues when you want to put more eyeballs in your metal limbs in chummer.
>>
File: SR HK MP75.jpg (263KB, 1193x972px) Image search: [Google]
SR HK MP75.jpg
263KB, 1193x972px
>>51612361
>because when the Cyberware.xml file updates you'll have to make changes manually each time

Only when the affected ware changes though.
Which hasn't been the case for me in a fuckton of time (basically since I have been using this fix).
And yeah, i know why Yekka doesn't want to implement wireless bonuses. I understand his reasons but its annoying during gameplay (because IF you have something like this, you tend to have WLan on), so i fixed it for my characters.

t. Lover of Cybersams

>>51612337
I can second this for the latest nightly build.
>>
>>51612523
>Oh and the Additional Eye Mount is in the "Eyeware" category in Chrome Flesh, thats why its under the "Eyeware" category in Chummer

I know.
Still doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
No biggy though, since fixing it is piss easy thanks to Chummers easily accessible .XML files.
>>
>>51612570
Nevermind this, it actually doesn't work as intended.
I can see the Headware Category and add stuff from it to my arms (eg the implanted Deck), but it doesn't work with the eyemount.
Back to tinkering with this stuff
>>
>>51605980
Good job.
>>
Is it just me, or are double boom-bolas super strong? 200 nuyen for a throwing weapon that will more or less instagib anything with a single shot. Sure it has slightly wonky accuracy, but it's not like you need a point blank hit with your 24P explosion dick, and it will always scatter away from you. Hell, due to always scattering the max distance straight ahead, you can position yourself so it's impossible to miss.
>>
File: Gorillion Dollars.jpg (40KB, 498x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gorillion Dollars.jpg
40KB, 498x500px
>>51605980
>>51612702
Oh wow, that actually worked. Public Library whitelisted posting on /tg/.

I like this fragger. In fact, I'm gonna go build him right now.
>>
>>51611280
Somewhere in the millions if this is Seattle you are talking about. Seattle sits on glacial till which is very dense. It would require expensive tunneling equipment. It's the reason why we only have 1 or 2 tunnels right now.
>>
File: Campaign vs. Wizard.png (531KB, 1078x729px) Image search: [Google]
Campaign vs. Wizard.png
531KB, 1078x729px
>>51606421
If the GM allows it to be used like that, sure. It's the 3.5 problem that abilities with poorly defined limits can be broken over the knee of a slightly creative player.
>>
>>51611980
I mean if you live anywhere but the barrens and even then, setting off an explosive tripwire is gonna draw unwanted attention. People will call KE or whoever their local security is because it sounds like somebody set off a bomb and that's a level of attention you probably don't want, even if it's at a disposable safehouse.
>>
>>51612730

Feel free to post his character sheet. I'd love to see how you make him.

Also, don't forget Cutting Aces has a quality for being an ugly fragger, lol.
>>
File: 1486240239065.jpg (516KB, 1600x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1486240239065.jpg
516KB, 1600x1055px
>>51612883
I know. I read the first line of the pastebin and thought it was a copypaste of that fluff. The only thing is going to be working around his already abysmal charisma.
>>
>>51612948

I suggest just owning the shitty charisma. he doesn't keep a lot of friends and he talks with his fists... tail? that fucker hurts for sure. Even just giving him 2 charisma would be way more than enough for a troll adept.
>>
File: Humanis Propoganda.png (152KB, 400x516px) Image search: [Google]
Humanis Propoganda.png
152KB, 400x516px
>>51613031
I mean the quality takes one off his CHA and one off the max, and with the other penalties I might have to pump it just to make it to 1.

Fragging troll SURGE adept with tiny arms, this is taking more cheese than a French pantry just to get somewhat viable.
>>
>>51604651
I know it's something no sane chummer would ever consider, but I'm curious for stories:
Have your teams of runners ever dealt with, encountered, fought or even defeated a dragon? (Given the fact the books have stats for them it's at least in thoery not impossible, given you bypass their centuries or more of preparation and experience. Doesn't have to be a canon one as well, i just wonder if GMs even consider running stuff like that.)
>>
File: Centaur.png (1MB, 842x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Centaur.png
1MB, 842x1200px
Hey Yekka, Centaur has the Uneducated quality but it shouldn't per new Run Faster, and should have Search but doesn't (or at least it appears that way in the metatype selection box during chargen).
>>
>>51613095

Oh, I think with any rules like that, it doesn't reduce you below 1, so you don't have to spend points just to have a minimum of 1
>>
>>51613124
My group's fixer was originally a drake, retired runner, working in secret for SK, giving them jobs to undermine the other AAAs in the area. But I realised my mistake and retconned all of it before the players could find about it.
>>
>>51605975
I would get Dreamchipper, Imago and Queen Euphoria because they're good, and Shadowtech for nostalgia reasons.
>>
File: Mole Dirt.gif (25KB, 220x88px) Image search: [Google]
Mole Dirt.gif
25KB, 220x88px
What is digging even covered under? Gymnastics?
>>
>>51613399
Just a strength check probably my man
>>
>>51612650
Update:
Still doesn't work as intended, reeeeeeeeeeee.
If i move the Cybereye Mount into the headware category, it Shows up in the possible addons, but simply doesn't appear if i add it.

If i edit the characterfile itself and add "Eyeware" to the possible addons for the existing arm, i can add it fine.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: 1475118331276.jpg (621KB, 1428x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1475118331276.jpg
621KB, 1428x2000px
>>51613446
But I wanna make him best at digging, and 11 dice ain't gonna cut it. His life is so fucked, he needs this.
>>
>>51613399

I have absolutely no fucking idea.

>>51613446

It'd still be a skill, and just 'strength' doesn't even cover how fast you can go.

I'd probably rule it... Like, Swimming (since that uses strength anyways), but you can only move at your Agility? And 'sprint' at .5 meters per hit on a 'swim' check?

Fuck, should this just be an exotic Skill? I don't think it needs an exotic skill.
>>
>>51612854
Hm, true. I considered myself to be living in the shitty illegal immigrant section of Tacoma, but maybe it's better if I'm living in the Barrens where no one questions the odd explosion here and there.
>>
>>51613485

You and me both man. Especially because I dig (damnit, that's a pun) the idea of using Electroception to sense people over him, and he just bursts out of the dirt and beats the fuck out of them because they had no idea some dumbfuck was DIGGING TO THEM.

HIS GREATEST ASSET IS THE ENEMY SAYING "WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT!?"
>>
>>51613486
If I were his GM, I'd just houserule in Digging (STR) for him to invest in.
>>
>>51613529

yeah, but that makes it an exotic skill, don't it?

It still works, other than still being kinda absent on just how fast he can dig.
>>
>>51613523
Sneak peek: He's got 6 dice in Perception and the Astral Perception power.

Badger is a meat-seeking missile.
>>
>>51613523
>HIS GREATEST ASSET IS THE ENEMY SAYING "WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT!?"
That is the greatest asset of every shadowrunner; there is no greater weapon in the arsenal of the shadows then that certain element of surprise that also inspires disbelief.
>>
File: Troll Horn Tips.jpg (145KB, 754x975px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Horn Tips.jpg
145KB, 754x975px
So, thing about Chummer: You can only add Exotic Melee, Ranged, and Vehicle skills, picking from the list. I can't make up a 'digging' skill.

So with extremely liberal interpretation of the RAW that you can give specializations 'by terrain' he's gonna get a specialization in Running. The boy starts moving and does not stop.
>>
Are Adept Ways ever actually useful, or are they all just bullshit because "Hurr fucking hurr you can only discount one level of one power ever, fuck you"
>>
>>51613707
I find Burnout's way fun both mechanically and in narrative. Makes for interesting character backgrounds and playstyles.
>>
I've gotta go to work, and the internet at my house is shot. Badger will be done, but it might take a couple days to post. I haven't made an unarmed adept in 5e, so there will be some trial and error, but he's not as terrible as I thought he'd be.
>>
Is there a way to fake an aura, at least superficially? I'm making an AI in a hyper-realistic anthroform body, but anyone assensing them will see through it.
I figured concealed pockets filled with FAB2 might work unless anyone studied them closely, but I can't find prices/availability for 5th edition.
>>
File: 1485135899994.jpg (239KB, 500x772px) Image search: [Google]
1485135899994.jpg
239KB, 500x772px
>>51613847
Incomplete info on FAB is given in Street Grimoire, but you don't need it; anything living has an aura, stuff your pockets with moss and you have the same visual as FAB. Personally, I've always understood that metahuman auras were noticeably different from those of plants, and trying to convince someone that plants are people is not going to work.

Just geek all mages when they start squinting at you.
>>
File: Capture.png (52KB, 938x221px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
52KB, 938x221px
>>51613459
You just have to add: <category>Eyeware</category>
As an available subsystem for each Cyberlimb, works fine for me.
>>
File: P.A.L.A.D.I.N..png (956KB, 1272x1095px) Image search: [Google]
P.A.L.A.D.I.N..png
956KB, 1272x1095px
>>51613930
I made these changes to the override_cyberware.xml file, not the character sheet file
>>
File: gtmf.jpg (160KB, 620x650px) Image search: [Google]
gtmf.jpg
160KB, 620x650px
>>51613911
Sound advice. I guess I could always bullshit that I hid my astral signature/aura with metamagic if they keep asking questions.
>>
You can eliminate one and only one: Aztechnology or S-K. Which one, and why?
>>
>>51614585
Aztech. No point in eliminating SK if Lowfyr is still alive at the end.
>>
>>51614585
Aztechnology, because Lofwyr might be a dragon but at least he isn't working for Horrors. That said, it'd be some interesting times in Aztlan if Aztechnology got eliminated...
>>
>>51614585
S-K. Death to the draconic oppressors!
>>
>>51614585

Azzies, because literally worst bad. The manipulations of dragons are best handled by other dragons. Fuck those slippery snakes.
>>
>>51614585
Aztechnology has done literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>51614585
Aztech, any day and every day
>>
>>51614923
t. Flavia De La Rosa
>>
File: 1353696654001.gif (995KB, 250x208px) Image search: [Google]
1353696654001.gif
995KB, 250x208px
>>51613930
Yeah, thats clear to me since its basically the "proper" way of how i made it.
Was is bugging me to hell is the following:
If i Change the category of the additional eye Mount to "Headware" in the override file, it Shows up, but everytime i try to add it (no matter the head or the cyberlimb), nothing happens.
If, however, i make the change directly in the cyberware.xml file, it works perfectly fine.
No idea what is happening there and its itching my "the sollution is working but its not right" feels.
>>
>>51614585
None of them.
The first ones are cool dudes, the second ones are cool dudes run by a Dragon.

Go eat a Vory-dick you disgusting Yak-Runner.
>>
>>51615167
>he wouldn't eliminate one of the AAA corps if he ever had the chance
Come on, it's the pink mohawk dream.
>>
>>51615207
Eh, i would eliminate plenty of the AAAs, but none of those two.

Would probably pull the trigger on MCT.
>>
>>51615222
What the hell are you so afraid of Aztechnology for?
>>
I want to make a mage sniper.

1) mysad or mage? With the former, I lose projection/perception, but I dont have to waste time/spell slots sustaining reflex/agi buffs.
2) spells: asides from the obligatory combat spell sniping, what can I take to enhance my ability to find or eliminate a target from range? Using alchemy so a teammate can plant a detect life extended spell near a target area? Clairvoyance to scout a room? Some sort of mass control or subduing spell to keep people still/let their guard down?
3) spirits: y/n/always?
4) any options i'm not looking at?
>>
>>51615222
>Dragon (IE, being incapable of human emotion/mass slave owner), the Corp
>Horrors, the Corp

Chummer...
>>
>>51615290
>what can I take to enhance my ability to find or eliminate a target from range?
The solution isn't magic, actually. Take the Hawk Eyed quality and put Improved Range Finder (and the prerequisite Smartgun System, natch) on your sniper rifle; then, enjoy shooting from 2 range categories away with no penalties.
>>
>>51615245
>
>>
>>51613269
Thanks chummer.
>>
File: that inca feel.png (106KB, 922x882px) Image search: [Google]
that inca feel.png
106KB, 922x882px
>>51615296
Sorry, can't help it, its in my blood
t. Latino/Kraut mongrel

>>51615245
>afraid
No, i simply like them. Both are doing quite a lot of good deeds.

>>51615290
>mage sniper

Don't.
The only good place for a sniper rifle is in the hands of flying Drone far above your heads.

IF you really want to use a sniper rifle, go the DMR way and take a Crocket. MysAdept for INI and additional Dice for shooting are the way to go, especially since you can then switch over to Shotguns to be a bit more usefull.
>>
>>51615290
I'd say use spirit shenanigans to get some of the target's hair (or other stuff that can be used for rituals), then use ritual magic to explode them from several miles away in a bunker.

t.KnowsLittleAboutMages
>>
>>51610119
>>51610188
The funny thing is, while it's excessive, it's not entirely out of place in the sixth world.

>In order to reduce the number of innocent bystanders who die each day as a result of security officers firing on criminals, I leave a five-pound brick of orichalcum to either Lone Star or Knight Errant, whichever first develops an inexpensive, effective, non-lethal stun technology accurate at 100 meters.

Maybe someone else can tell us whether this was ever successfully claimed. I know Lone Star and Knight Errant have tried and failed previously.
>>
>>51615403
>[the azzies] are doing quite a lot of good deeds.
Blowing up the world is a good deed?
>>
>>51615681
Thats a small fraction and the biggest part is actually feeding the world.
Where do you think your StufferShack gets his Food from?
>>
>>51615726
>Thats a small fraction
>he doesn't know about the Horrors
>>
>>51615403
>Dragons being capable of doing anything except things that benefit dragons
>Dragons are capable of human morality

>>51615726
>It's okay guys, we're only spending trillions of nuyen on ending the world with mass blood rituals.

If I run up against you in the shadows, I'll be geeking you before the mage, chummer. Willful ignorance about your corporate enemies is absolutely revolting.
>>
>>51615726

Why do you think the Azzies have such a hardon for food production? More food means a higher world population can be sustained. Higher population means more 'life'. More life means a stronger Gaiasphere. A stronger Gaiasphere means the Horrors can bridge Astral space faster and devour the world.

The Azzies are literally fattening everyone up to be sacrificed, and they get good PR as they do it.
>>
>>51615840
anti-natalists please go and stay go
>>
>>51614585
Aztech, pissing off The Loaf sounds bad for my health.
>>
>>51615789
Confusing willfull ignorance with different opionions on the matter is pretty lame

also:
>mimimi le Dragons

Implying human run AAAs are any better (only thing is, they are less efficient), you wannabe anti-Draconian Corporatecuck.
>>
>>51615884
>supporting over population

>>51615917
>pissing off The Loaf sounds bad for my health

And pissing off blood mages doesn't?
>>
>>51615954
I tend to keep to a very strict set of rules, and rule 0 is don't fuck with irritable magic doom lizards who run megacorps that can fuck you seven different ways from next Sunday.
>>
>>51615954
>blood mages
When you stop viewing them as the near-invincible badasses the trids portray them as and start viewing them as mages with million nuyen live bounties on their heads, they seem a lot less scary.
>>
>>51615950
>Muh draconic efficiency
I bet you think Big D had the best interest of the people at heart too, huh?
Less efficient AAA's sound good to me.

"There are seventeen great dragons in the world today. Seventeen ancient wyrms, millennia old, slowly dividing the planet into seventeen piles of gold to nest upon.
In front of our eyes. Once upon a time, they burned castles to steal the treasure we collected. Laid waste to entire armies. But here, here in the Sixth World, it is no longer about tooth and claw and fiery breath. Now it's public relations. Marketing. Mergers and acquisitions. You see it every day. Dragons on the trideo in the board rooms. They gather influence, wealth, power, continually hoarding, hoarding, until one of them sits atop it all.
Perhaps not in this cycle of the world. Perhaps not the next. But one day, one wyrm will stand alone - triumphant. With all of humanity as its cattle. With all the world as its prize.
And that... That I will *not* allow."

- Our Lord and Saviour Adrian Vauclair
>>
>>51616001
>When you stop viewing them as the near-invincible badasses the trids portray them as and start viewing them as good guys who massively suffer from bad Propaganda

fify
You probably also think the Allies had been the "good guys" in WW2.
>>
>>51616078
>and start viewing them as good guys who massively suffer from bad Propaganda
Oh fuck off.
>>
>>51616059
>quoting Adrian "lol i fucked over the world by getting rid of the Dragons" Vauclair

Shedim please.
>>
>>51616059
chummer, you know how it ended once he succeeded?
Humanity dead? The world in ashes? Is that what you want to say?
>>
>>51616059
Maybe not the best person to quote when you want to make a point about dragons being bad

Besides I thought Council of Wyrms was fun. Council of Wyrms with robot arms and computers should be even better by that logic. Let the dragons take over the world. Ya know. For funsies.
>>
>>51616089
>i don't have any Arguments, so i need to Insult my Opponent

Yeah, typical close minded crypto-fascist.
>Durr, the Bloodmages are evil, they poison the wells and steal our Kinders, ja ja!
>>
>>51616117
Letting the world be run by a dragon wouldn't even be bad if Dunkelzahn the dragon in question, but
>Dunkelzahn
>alive
>>
>>51616095
>>51616096

Interesting how the modern propaganda is that dragons are the only things standing between us and the spooks, huh? I submit to you that Dragons have it well within their power to impart the knowledge to metahumanity that would allow them to successfully defend themselves from abhorrent metaplanes, but don't do so because it's not in their interest. Which is why picking who gets to keep a hold of their shiny info-crystal is so important - they don't want to be outed for the slavers they are.
>>
>>51616123
I'm not having this conversation again, so you might as well run off to a D&D and bitch and whine about how poor little necromancers get unfairly discriminated against and how your good aligned necromancer who wants to put the peasants out of work by desecrating the dead isn't complete bullshit.
>>
>>51615726
>Thats a small fraction
they literally run the company
>feeding the world
Which won't matter at all if they blow it up. Everything pales in comparison.
>>51616001
They become scarier when you realize they have lots of corp backup.
Like, independent blood mages are fucked, but most of them work in horrible azzie research labs.
>>51616162
They informed the world of the horrors last time and it didn't work, so they're trying something different this time.
>>
>>51616159
There's always Celedyr. I'd have no problems supporting dragon Bill Gates.

He's only slightly more evil that the real Gates...
>>
>>51616247
Last time we didn't have the technology or cumulative resources to deal. Now we do. So what's the hang up?
>>
>>51616247
>Like, independent blood mages are fucked, but most of them work in horrible azzie research labs.
All the more reason to wish for Aztechnology's downfall: without the corpsec to protect them, it'd be open season....
>>
>>51616162
Or maybe it's because the Dragons realise that for every 1000 people who would use that knowledge to plan defenses against the horrors, there's at least 1 lunatic that will use it to summon them. Case in point, bloody Aztechnology.

Or that some humans will take insane self-harming risks to defend humanity, see Ares and their attempts to weaponise bug spirits to use against the horrors (Damien Knight was a confidant of Dunkelzahn. That turned out well.)
>>
>>51616218
Ah, its you again
>D&D
Thats literally where you should fuck off to, with your "You are playing it WRONG!!!!!!111elevenadnauseam" attitude in a Setting where Ghouls and Vampires are officially endorsed as "good type" runners (though Red is a disgusting GaryStu).

I bet you are also that obnoxious black Trenchcoat faggot that occasionally spergs in the /srg/.
>>
>>51616283
Last time we had enough magical resources to deal, but it still didn't work out.
>>
>>51616315
>using Ares "fight Bugs, turn into Bugs" as an example

lolsto

>>51616310
>implying this wouldn't end exactly the same as with the Axxies Researchers after WW2, that is, employed by the Victors.
>>
>>51616361
tech>magic

bite me
>>
>>51616376
My dick>your ass, cakeboy
>>
>>51616323
>in a Setting where Ghouls and Vampires are officially endorsed as "good type" runners
>implying that every single runner hasn't done bad shit before
>implying I'm a filthy black trenchcoat fag
Why don't you just run along to somewhere that your precious alignments provide you a safe space, eh fuckboi?
>>
>>51616323
>in a Setting where Ghouls and Vampires are officially endorsed as "good type" runners

You are aware there is an open bounty on Infected in the overwhelming majority of the civilized world, right?
>>
>>51616323
>any shadowrunner, good
You're wrong. The setting information black and white says you're wrong. Blood magic is actively harmful and hastens the destruction of everything. That's it. the end. There is no way to use blood magic and be redeemable, just like you can't play a bug or toxic shaman. These are things that exist so there are forces of unambiguous evil to punch because that's fun and can be a welcome relief from constant shades of grey.
>>
>>51616480
And, of course, that bounty exists because they are unambiguously monstrous. They literally kill and/or maim people (if not physically, than spiritually and psychologically) for food. They aren't 'good type' runners, they are even worse than regular runners, because they don't have the option of not causing harm to metahumans.
>>
>>51615406
But any mage can do that.

>>51615403
Yeah, a drone would be more versatile. But you can't stop me from making and playing suboptimal character concepts.

The DMR role is a good idea though.

>>51615327
Well, I'm thinking the GM will eventually get tired of instant NPC death when in line of sight of the character. I've been there, it's fun but annoying at times. I need to bring the sniping game to the next level: bringing targets out to where they can be shot, and maybe just shooting through walls.
>>
>>51616562
>There is no way to use blood magic and be redeemable
There's the guys who use it on themselves, altho mechanically that's shit.
>>
>>51616747
And let's face it, the temptation to use other people's blood makes for a very slippery slope indeed.
>>
>>51616737
>But any mage can do that.
Yeah, but you can specialize in it and do it better. That said, if you want to stay away from that...

>bringing targets out to where they can be shot, and maybe just shooting through walls.
Detection spells or spirits with the influence power can do this. Then you just pop them in the head from 4 blocks away.
>>
>>51606555
>don't like anime bullshit
>dunkelzhan's secret child
>>
>>51616362
>implying this wouldn't end exactly the same as with the Axxies Researchers after WW2, that is, employed by the Victors.
True, but there will still be a few guys sufficiently heinous that the other corps won't take them under their wings for fear of PR damage.
>>
>>51616790
Just wait for the advanced Magic sourcebook which releases a new Life Magic metamagic which lets you convert exclusively your own Physical condition monitors into blood points at better rate than 3:1.
>>
>>51606555
Did 2 different people write the first and second parts of this post?
>>
>>51616440
>muh alignments

Endlessly repeating your shitty maymay doesn't make it any less stupid, D&D Grognard
>>
I want to play an AI because robots are cool, but I don't really want to be a rigger/decker. Is there any sort of quality that just lets me be a drone body that has gained sentience without all the other dumb stuff?
>>
>>51612813
I didn't know that. We used an earth spirit for something like that once, took like a week.
>>
>>51616562
>There is no way to use blood magic and be redeemable

Sure it can, has been stated over plenty of old threads, you are just to stupid to understand it.

Also:
>Making ingame arguments that require outgame knowledge
>again

You are literally on the level of Atheists sperging about Religion in RPGs

Outside of 500+ Karma PCs there is exactly ONE (1) single valid Argument that doesn't boil down to intermingling outgame with ingame knowledge against playing a bloodmage PC and that is the disgustingly high Bounty that floats above each ones head.

Funny how somebody how spews so much about "muh proper way" is unable to distinguish between ingame and outgame knowledge.
Really makes you think about the rest of your bullcrap.

>>51616747
>mechanically its shit
Can you heal Damage done by bloodletting?
If yes, there is your perfectly "White" & effective motor for bloodmagic.
>>
>>51617152
But you're the one who loves them so much and cares so much about being "good". Why else would you bitch and whine like this?

I'm going to let you in on a little secret: there's no good and evil in Shadowrun, just what you're willing to do, what you're not willing to do and the price is to turn the latter into the former. Everyone has their price for killing a man who may or may not have deserved it; the fact that yours is "a tiny and very temporary increase in magical power" speaks volumes about you.
>>
>>51617235
Get "Pilot heritage" as Quality, a S-K Direktionssekretär as a Body, trick it out, get your Depth as high as possible (=>6) and have fun playing a viable AI-Sam. You'll only have 19 Dice for Shooting and with a bit of bad luck (aka asshole DM) will have to spend one Complex Action per Combat Turn on a "Pilot Vehicle" Action, but besides that you have Human-like Armor, space for a few Gadgets inside your bodies and relatively high INI.

You should try Karmabuild though, Priorities fuck you over since you need to much Money.
>>
Yekka, what the hell

https://i.gyazo.com/34a262208dbc9979e8e12df1ba4d48dc.png

I just had this pop up. I closed chummer not 5 minutes ago, never changed, disabled, or enabled anything. I haven't edited any files at all. I haven't even been at my damn computer.
>>
>>51617235
Pilot origins is what you're looking for.
>>
I'm not that good with the fluff so I'm gonna ask you guys. What type of day job do you think would be fitting for a dwarven adept specialized in AR hacking and being generally very quick?

Pic related, is what I intended the character to look like
>>
>>51616790
What if I'm stabbing him anyway?
>>
>>51617444
Security Spider. Or maybe he works for KE, LS, or Doc-Wagon as an infield Hacker?
>>
>>51617444
What type of SINner are they?
>>
File: at least you tried.jpg (72KB, 589x548px) Image search: [Google]
at least you tried.jpg
72KB, 589x548px
>>51617316
Your are still confusing the goal and the ways to get there.

>I'm going to let you in on a little secret: there's no good and evil in Shadowrun

Thats funny way of backpedalling, mister "bloodmagic is universally evil".

You really are one obnoxious busybody, probably the type that walks around on cons because nobody can stand his "holier than thou" attitude for a prolonged time in a regular group.

Go preach to wall, maybe you can surpass its intellect if you try long enough.
>>
>>51617354
>>51617404
Won't that still involve body hopping and a ton of hacking shit I don't give a fuck about? I just want to be a cool robot ;_;
>>
>>51617603
Not if you pick one drone and make it your home device. You CAN jump into other drones (just like a rigger can jupm into other vehicles) but why would you?
>>
>>51617603
Why would it?
Your home node is the Direktionssekretär and the only hacking you are required to do is that of enemy bodies and you can use APDS for that.
>>
>>51617506
>Your are still confusing the goal and the ways to get there.
Anon, you're claiming that you're going to use blood magic "ethically". You might as well be an orc with a suicide vest at a Humanis convention trying to convince everyone that you're acting in their best interests.

>You really are one obnoxious busybody, probably the type that walks around on cons because nobody can stand his "holier than thou" attitude for a prolonged time in a regular group.
Oh, this is fucking rich. I've blown away gangsters and cops alike and not given a fuck. I have zero moral qualms with taking money from wageslaves and SINless. I accept that I'm nothing more than a violent sociopath. The fact that blood magic is on my shitlist should tell you something.
>>
>>51617664
>>51617663
Okay. I just see al this rules about Matrix damage and emulation and bullshit and all I really want is to not be squishy meat. I figured I would just get a bunch of cyberlimbs instead.
>>
>>51617476
>>51617481

I'm gonna give you some context. I was looking at making a guy who had a part of him that really wanted to be a respectable citizen but being stuck in a dead end job, he started throwing around cash he didn't have on sports cars, custom drones and VR games, seeking the excitement his real life didn't have. At some point, the Shylock he was borrowing money from realizes the dwarf isn't making his payments fast enough so he present him an offer to do some shady work for him.

So far, it's what I have as for the type of SIN, I was planning to get something that makes sense with the job
>>
>>51617284
>Sure it can, has been stated over plenty of old threads, you are just to stupid to understand it.

No there isn't, it's like the food argument only in the thread. None of the minor goods you do matter if as a direct result of your actions the arrival of the world destroying horrors is hastened to a point where we aren't prepared. Nothing else you did matters, all that remains is that you destroyed everything. There's a difference between not understanding argument and rejecting it because it's fallacious.

Whatever the character may or may not know, and if they know about blood magic at all they should be aware of this, you as a player should know this not an intended player archetype. Stop trying to force your shittty lore-breaking character when any decent GM will tell you to fuck off.
And no, it's the opposite of Atheist sperging or bitching about moral relativism in D&D. I'm an atheist who enjoys playing clerics in D&D, and accepts because they're part of the internal logic of the setting just as quantifiable good and evil are. Just as I accept that blood magic being irredeemably bad is part of the established lore for Shadowrun. I'm here for the setting, the game system has always been varying degrees of shit, while there is some silly stuff in there I'm prepared to roll with it.You however have got a bug in your arse about this piece of the setting that doesn't match your personal viewpoint an stands between you and your ultimate Mary sue, Anon you are the equivalent of the atheist sperg in this argument, trying to cram your stupid position in somewhere it doesn't belong.
>>
File: 1419858078781.gif (2MB, 245x140px) Image search: [Google]
1419858078781.gif
2MB, 245x140px
>>51617506
Not the guy you're responding to, but:
>Being an inherently violent act, blood magic is illegal is nearly all nations
>No one, save the truly mad, who practices blood magic can be blind to the inherently harmful nature of its practice, so the motivations for beginning to practice it must be strong enough to override any moral objections the individual may have
>Gamemasters should be cautious about allowing player characters to learn blood magic techniques and should be very clear on the costs—social, moral, and in game terms—about choosing this path.
>The use of blood magic will show up in their aura, which has a strongly negative effect on any who assense them (excepting other blood mages)
>While any living creature can be used, the magic is more powerful when harm is inflicted on sapient creatures, especially the unwilling
Source: 5e Street Grimoir

It makes it pretty clear that Blood Magic and its use is pretty bad on a spiritual level.
>>
>>51617235
Grab at least 1 rank of pilot origins, 6 Depth, and a Body 5 anthroform drone (Direktionssekretar is a trap option).
You can easily get 22 dice in your weapon of choice at chargen, with +5d6 initiative, all for about 400 karma. The rest goes into disguising the fact that you are a murder machine.
>>
File: 1353696143004.gif (1020KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
1353696143004.gif
1020KB, 400x229px
>>51617698
>I'll tell you how you are going to act
Yep, busybody.
>The fact that blood magic is on my shitlist should tell you something.

It does.
You are some pretentious fucktard whose moral compass is set by throwing a pair of dice and/or playing dicksucker for the moral authoritative in power in your peer-group.

The Krauts have an excellent word for your kind of person, "Gutmensch".
To bad it doesn't really translate well into other languages, but the wiki article is good enough for explaining it.
>>
>>51617818
>disguising the fact that you are a murder machine
Fuck that. Grab a Juggernaut or KN-Y. Be a better troll bodyguard than an actual troll because you're even bigger and metal with guns all over your body.
>>
>>51617875
>You are some pretentious fucktard whose moral compass is set by throwing a pair of dice and/or playing dicksucker for the moral authoritative in power in your peer-group.
>playing dicksucker for the moral authoritative in power in your peer-group.
>the moral authoritative in power in your peer-group.
>moral authoritative
>in your peer-group
Oi I'm having a laugh.
>>
>>51617506
You can, theoretically, use blood magic ethically. That doesn't mean it probably isn't going to make you magically unwell. Like Toxic Magic, it's literally corrosive to your mental wellbeing. It colors your aura and works inwards from there.
>>
>>51617916
Hard to do unless you take Restricted, and that's 10 less karma for positive qualities that you need to buff your weapons dicepool.

But go ahead and grab one post-chargen for the lols. You can even give it realistic features and redesign it to look like a troll, for additional hilliarity.
>>
>>51617774
>None of the minor goods you do matter if as a direct result of your actions the arrival of the world destroying horrors is hastened to a point where we aren't prepared

Outgamelogic, irrelevant as an Argument.
You sperg around "playing for the setting", then lead this argument ad-absurdum by justifying potential ingame action via knowledge that a Runner true to the setting won't have.

>Just as I accept that blood magic being irredeemably bad is part of the established lore for Shadowrun

Daniel Howling Coyote had a good laugh, just right now, considering he did The Dance at least two times.

>ib4 it was totaly white Magic.
No its fucking not, its still bloodmagic if you go by the premise that everybody who teaches it is some evil Shedimservant.
And if you don't, your arument holds no ground whatsoever.

>>51617814
So is sucking people try, murdering people and quite a lot of other things Shadowrunners usually do.
Without resorting to outgame knowledge, however, the line between bloodmages and the other potential shitheads that dwell among runners is a totally random one.
>>
>>51617774
>REEEEEE THAT'S BAD AND IT CAN NEVER BE USED FOR GOOD
Anon, if an Azzie Bloodmage defects and starts using his training to start hunting down Bug Spirits, Toxic mages, and other big threats, there is a net-gain even though he's using blood magic.
>>
>>51618073
>if
>>
>>51618073
If a toxic mage hunts bug mages, he's still a walking time bomb. Toxic Mages, Bug Mages, and Blood Mages are all lumped together because their magic isn't just violent and associated with assholes (Black Magic and Voudou are fine), it's because they have actual negative mental health affects. They're degenerative to your magical aura and being.
>>
>>51617967
>You can, theoretically, use blood magic ethically.

Thats the only point I'm arguing about.

>That doesn't mean it probably isn't going to make you magically unwell. Like Toxic Magic, it's literally corrosive to your mental wellbeing. It colors your aura and works inwards from there.

Sure, but again, thats not the disputed Point, which is: "can you play a bloodmage as a runner without becoming a indiscriminating totally evil murderman"
I say yes, the other anon cries "no".
Simple as that.

>>51617818
>(Direktionssekretar is a trap option

The DS is one of few really viable Drones for an AI that doesn't plan on being restricted to the Hacker/Wheelman
>>
>>51618022
>Outgamelogic
Incorrect, actually. There are a select few documents on Jackpoint that discuss the nature of blood magic, and anyone who can practice it knows that nature intimately.
>>
>>51618114
>Sure, but again, thats not the disputed Point, which is: "can you play a bloodmage as a runner without becoming a indiscriminating totally evil murderman"

Sure, for a while, but eventually it will erode your inhibitions and sanity. It's just bad news and bad for you.
>>
File: nfz2kgn1r0ofyj.gif (494KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
nfz2kgn1r0ofyj.gif
494KB, 500x281px
>>51618022
>So is sucking people try, murdering people and quite a lot of other things Shadowrunners usually do.
Shadowrunners still come across as more or less moral than eachother. There's runners who genuinely want to make a positive difference, runners who are strictly mercenary but still have standards, and then there are runners like Haze and Clockwork. The former two kinds of runners look down on Blood Magic because it's not just fucked up, it's fucked up on a spiritual level: The auras of blood-mages get fucked to the point of negatively affecting anyone who assesses them, Blood Magic is stronger when the 'donor' is unwilling and it makes them addicted to the point of spiraling into further and further debauchery.
>>
>>51618120
>Jackpoint
As i said above "runners with several hundred Karma under their Hood". Jackpoint with its "oh yeah, i have this multimillion Dollar Vertibird that i use as a Dronecarrier" *waves hand*-Runners are really not a valid example for common knowledge

>anybody who practices it
Also irrelevant, because those sure as hell won't be the ones to give out Information about it.
>>
>>51618192
>As i said above "runners with several hundred Karma under their Hood"
Except any runner can read what's on Jackpoint, it's only posting privileges that are restricted. The entire point of Jackpoint is that it's a way of passing information around the entire shadowrunning community.
>>
>>51618133
>Sure, for a while, but eventually it will erode your inhibitions and sanity.

[citation needed]

>>51618188
>Blood Magic is stronger when the 'donor' is unwilling and it makes them addicted to the point of spiraling into further and further debauchery

Vampirism says Hi!
>>
>>51618284
>Vampirism says Hi!
>implying vampirism isn't bad as well
there's a reason infected are hunted
>>
>>51618277
>Except any runner can read what's on Jackpoint, it's only posting privileges that are restricted

Nope, Jackpoint is invite / gain access via hack only, contrary to Shadowland and the other "old" boards.
>>
>>51618314
And rightfully so.
Doesn't mean every infected is a murderous piece of shit (debatable) or is seen as such by all other runners (not debatable), to go back to the actual argument in question instead of dwelling into sidefires.
>>
What limit applies to Sorcery?
>>
File: tumblr_nfmwl6DmF31sub52io1_1280.png (39KB, 763x709px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfmwl6DmF31sub52io1_1280.png
39KB, 763x709px
What connection-rating are crime syndicates considered to have, regarding the free group-contact gained with the Made Man quality?
>>
>>51618461
you mean when casting a spell? Force
>>
>>51618471
Depends. I gave my player's smaller mafia family a CR of 7. Could be 6-10. Check the connections table.
>>
>>51618022
>Dan HC
>not irredeemable shit
>>
>>51618114
>Sure, but again, thats not the disputed Point, which is: "can you play a bloodmage as a runner without becoming a indiscriminating totally evil murderman"
You could, but you won't. Your morality is brittle and rigid; it will shatter into nothingness the moment you realize that the corpsec you shot had a family too. Only people with flexible morality can survive in the shadows.
>>
Hey, people! I was reading through Lockdown, and the book constantly mentions cyborg technomancers. Are they a big thing? Where can I find more info on them?

Would be great if someone gave me the bullet points.
>>
File: fedorasam.jpg (128KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
fedorasam.jpg
128KB, 900x675px
>>51618614
>Your morality is brittle and rigid; it will shatter into nothingness the moment you realize that the corpsec you shot had a family too. Only people with flexible morality can survive in the shadows.

>tipping the fedora this hard

Wee lad, don't cut yourself, you seem to be EUPHORIC
>>
>>51618022
If you are aware enough of blood magic to learn it, then you would know this information. The only conceivable way you wouldn't is if the game was set in the very early sixth world, or you raised for purpose by Atzlan blood mage cult but deliberately kept in the dark as to their goals in which case guess what, you're and NPC.

I'm not sure what you're driving at with the Great Ghost Dance thing, as I've never implied I thought that was a good thing, and may well be why the bug spirits were able to show up earlier than expected. Either way beside the point.

You seen to be operating on this assumption that the true nature of blood magic is a deep dark secret. It might have been in the 2050's, but this is a cyberpunk setting information has a way of getting free. Even if the general public is not aware of it or it's nature someone erudite enough to be practicing it has to know about it and it's negative spiritual effects, they'd be able to see it.
>>
File: 4d219f368b64f8964f688d2dee0e5840.jpg (954KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4d219f368b64f8964f688d2dee0e5840.jpg
954KB, 1920x1200px
>>51612126
Hrm. I don't like making arbitrary changes to categories based on Chummer limitations. I'll see about making an exception flag to ignore the category filtering.
>>51612337
Sorry about that, one of my devs is on a refactoring crusade and there've been some casualties. The basic problem is that it was trying to process a comment in the bonus node's XML as a bonus type and couldn't find it so it failed out early. Should be fixed in the next commit.
>>51613155
Critter powers aren't shown in the selection window. It should show up on the critter tab once you select it.
>>51613634
Strictly speaking you could make a custom_skills.xml file and throw it in there. You'll probably get crashes if someone tries to use the file but doesn't have it, though.
>>51617365
I'm not sure, I had another character with the same problem but I'm not sure what caused it yet.
>>
>>51618716
He's kind of got a point. I mean there are some runners who are all about making a difference, but Shadowrunners are by definition expendable-assets used by megacorps as deniable assets that can do things they otherwise wouldn't be able to. Most of the time, that tends to involve shooting someone in the face for money.
>>
>>51618817
Also, there's some sort of an error where if you remove the Mentor Spirit Fire-bringer quality, the manipulation bonus stays there, but only up to +2. If you re-add the quality, it goes to +4.

Would it be possible to add the ability to sort Adept Powers by their Power Point cost?
>>
File: 1436222906477.png (75KB, 680x433px) Image search: [Google]
1436222906477.png
75KB, 680x433px
>>51618817
Hey Yekka, any Idea whats the cause for this issue:
>>51615098

thanks!
>>
>>51618114
Direktionssekretar isn't so good for an AI that's aiming at 6 Depth to begin with. The drones Pilot rating will automatically be raised to 6, along with it's derived agility and reaction, so the Ds's high pilot rating is wasted. Also the Ds is stuck with only 4 Body and 4(+4) Strength.

Better to get the medical drone from Bullets and Bandages (Cadaceus?). The pilot is low but gets automatically raised anyway, and it has 5 Body and 5(+5) Strength. The result is a better drone id the needed areas, at less than half the price. More room for mods too.

Ds is kinda a bad starting drone choice. Good for riggers, not for AI who use it as their home.
>>
>>51613557

I dunno man, I'd give him more than 6 dice in perception. that's just asking to fail. He's got Electroception to sense things (Which should work on invisible things, now that I think about it), and he's also got every kind of vision (his own bioluminescent hair is also bright enough to let him see a lot with his low-light vision).

I don't think he needs 12+ dice, just more than 6.
>>
>>51618346
>Nope, Jackpoint is invite / gain access via hack only
Right, and everyone and their mother just asks their decker to give them a key to the back door.
>>
>>51618827
Its a moot Point in a "evil vs evil" discussion.

>If you are aware enough of blood magic to learn it, then you would know this information

Somebody who would learn this Information by ways of innitiatin would
a) most likely not give it out any further
and
b) won't be any danger to others of his Kind

>but this is a cyberpunk setting information has a way of getting free
In limited and convoluted ways.
Information landing in the "public" (with quite a lot of " "s for Jackpoint) doesn't mean its taken for factual reality. See Plan9.

>I'm not sure what you're driving at with the Great Ghost Dance thing

Its an excellent example for how blood Magic can be used in a way that is ethical and for a good cause.

ib4: >fuck the injuns, genocide was right
>>
>>51618952
>Its an excellent example for how blood Magic can be used in a way that is ethical and for a good cause.
Except it's not blood magic. Blood magic is a corrupted version of the life magic used in the Great Ghost Dance.
>>
File: Jackpoint.png (358KB, 616x505px) Image search: [Google]
Jackpoint.png
358KB, 616x505px
>>51618346

Jackpoint has a public setting that anyone can enter. Its read only and its information is limited. To get to some of the really good shit, you'll need access via invite, but jackpoint DOES have public areas.
>>
>>51618952
>ethical and for a good cause.
you mean bringing the end of the world? Because that is the reason he was given that power
>>
>>51604651
Can't seem to get Chummer 5 to actually start. Downloaded, unzipped into folder, ran it as admin, didn't actually bring anything up.
>>
>>51618876
Databound Powers branch has that capability, but until I figure out a clever way to import existing adepts and their broke-ass qi foci I can't merge it.
>>51618879
Can't see anything wrong at first blush. Does it still work if you just add it as a discrete object?
>>51618997
Make sure you have .Net 4.5.2 at least.
>>
>>51618716
>lol fucking edgy fedoralord, keep tipping your fedora, I'm going to be a goody-good blood mage and there's nothing you can do to stop me
Clearly you have never played Shadowrun, or any other shades of grey setting, in your life.
>>
>>51618910
You are forgetting that the Depth is also Setting how many free program Slots the AI is occupying, so it is very relevant, except if you plan on never making use of stuff like the smartgun Software for Drones.

>>51618933
Which is factually wrong, considering how few people are regulars there.

If the (usually pretty spot-on) wiki can be trusted, JP has 60 Regulars.
Even if you double that amount to incorporate guests, thats really not that many people.
>>
>>51618986
see
>>51618022
>>
>>51619047
>JP has 60 Regulars.
JP has 60 people who can post. Any shadowrunner can read what's posted there.
>>
>>51619076
>see this post of mine which was also wrong
Why is it so hard for you to accept this one simple truth about the setting?
>>
>>51619038
Clearly you seem to be a very knowledgable person, having intimate Information about other peoples P&P history and totally not being a pretentious mouthbreather.
my fedora comment seems to have hit spot-on, now go on and wank to some clopfic or whatever flies your boat
>>
I don't know who to tag involving this bloodmagic thing:

Can we not come to a middle ground that something bad can still be used for good?

Bloodmagic is evil in its practice. But it can still be used for good. There. Done.

I mean, the entire genre of shadowrun is people doing criminal activities, oftentimes to do something that is, in the end, good.

I'm not giving blood magic a pass, and I'm not going to say "Give every blood mage a shot" but I'm not saying "Its not possible to be a good guy and use blood magic."
>>
File: Dishonored Dagger.gif (5MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored Dagger.gif
5MB, 400x225px
How can I conceal a sword, anon?

The ideas that I have are either a scabbard that looks like an umbrella or an automated breakdown function in the style of Corvos dagger, just bigger.

What concealment modifiers would you give them?
>>
>>51619188
Umbrella scabbard: as 'Mortimer of London "Belgrave" Sword Cane', Cutting Aces 132
Collapsible: as Victorinox Collapsible Hatchet, Hard Targets 179
>>
>>51619154
You've told me everything I need to know about you already through your obnoxious behavior, your idee fixe on blood magic and your professed love of bestiality.
>>
>>51619129
Because it lacks and validation, which should be easy to provide, if its such a simple "truth".

This Posts:
>>51618987

contains literally nothing on how the access is restricted.
>>
>>51619162
The problem isn't whether or not blood-magic can be used for good, I don't think. Going by posts like >>51617814 the issue is that not only is blood magic inherently bad and harmful on a metaphysical level, but that Blood Mages that don't quit as soon as possible end up spiralling into worse and worse acts until the benefits of blood-magic are outweighed by the shock of seeing a mage slit a janitor's throat to power himself up.

I mean, even if it's not evil it's unprofessional and a liability to runners who want to stay under the radar.
>>
>>51619234
Are you trying to mimic yourself, retard?
>>
>>51619188

Look up the Ninja's Ninjato.

They wore their swords (And scabbards) on the INSIDE of their pants, against their leg, and since it didn't go past their knee, it was nearly impossible to see when they were walking around in a casual setting thanks to the baggy leggings. they could draw the blades quickly, and nobody would be any the wiser.

That's how I'd conceal a sword
>>
>>51619244
>Because it lacks and validation, which should be easy to provide, if its such a simple "truth".

>Being an inherently violent act, blood magic is illegal is nearly all nations
>No one, save the truly mad, who practices blood magic can be blind to the inherently harmful nature of its practice, so the motivations for beginning to practice it must be strong enough to override any moral objections the individual may have
>Gamemasters should be cautious about allowing player characters to learn blood magic techniques and should be very clear on the costs—social, moral, and in game terms—about choosing this path.
>The use of blood magic will show up in their aura, which has a strongly negative effect on any who assense them (excepting other blood mages)
>While any living creature can be used, the magic is more powerful when harm is inflicted on sapient creatures, especially the unwilling
>Source: 5e Street Grimoir
So in other words, you're full of shit.

>>51619258
>n-n-n-n-n-n-no u
>>
>>51619232
Didn't think about the hatchet.

Thanks anon
>>
>>51619248
>Blood Mages that don't quit as soon as possible end up spiralling into worse and worse acts until the benefits of blood-magic are outweighed by the shock of seeing a mage slit a janitor's throat to power himself up.

Which is basically an unsubstantial claim a single anon keeps repeating ad nauseam because he lacks any factual counterarguments, and thus has to rely on "my feelings dictate how it has to be" argumentations.
>>
>>51619248

I'm not calling you wrong here. Hence why I said that i'll never say "Give every blood mage a fair chance". It's definitely a corrupting influence that I'm sure all but the strongest of willed individuals will eventually fall to.

But, my point is that, in the end, a bad thing can still be used to do good.
>>
>>51619314
like the holocaust
>>
>>51619294
Anon, you seem to be under the false impression that Shadowrun is, instead of a cyberpunk dystopia, a setting where nice things would ever happen.
>>
what runs do you have planned?

>R0M 3.0 and Jillette
>2 gangers fall in love
>will the barrens survive the fallout?
>>
>>51619320

thanks to the unrestricted practices of the Nazi doctors, we WERE able to make a large number of medical breakthroughs.

I don't condone the holocaust, I'm just saying that, strictly speaking, at least it wasn't ALL bad.
>>
>>51619272
>repeating already refuted stuff ad nauseam.

Nice try, faggot.
Now go back up and have fun reading the thread in an endless circle, fedoraboy.
>>
Cougar smart steel weapons are incopatible with ceramic components, aren't they?

How does smart steel work anyways? Is it nanomachines, son?
>>
>>51619294
>Which is basically an unsubstantial claim
>Once they have tapped into the wellspring of raw mana produced by blood magic, few can ever turn
away. They become addicted, or hopelessly dependent on it, driving them to further levels of debauchery until they are unrecognizable as the person they once were

>>51619314
I understand your point, but I'd argue that justifying using Blood Magic for a good cause is going to be a lot harder than justifying general violence due to the long-term effects of Blood Magic on its user.

>>51619347
I'm suddenly reminded of the modernised version of Romeo and Juliet with Leo DeCaprio. Cheesy as it was, it was probably the best adaption of the story out there.
>>
>>51619365
Nigger, I suggest you hit up the wikipedia article on Idee fixe, because that will go a long way in helping you recognize your own delusions.
>>
>>51619347

Currently, I'm setting into works an almost blatant rip-off of the story of TF2
>>
>>51619382

>I understand your point, but I'd argue that justifying using Blood Magic for a good cause is going to be a lot harder than justifying general violence due to the long-term effects of Blood Magic on its user.

Again, you're not wrong. But, I'm the guy who will give any character concept a fair chance.
>>
>>51619347
>carib league game
>group commissioned to dive into WW2-era sub wreck to recover occult artifact it's the nazi blood flag
>group is intercepted by another team on the way back to shore they're funded by Humanis
>our group has to fight them off
>turns out the Johnson for this was also with Humanis, and wanted to see if an all-human team could compete with a multiracial team. They have a choice of turning the flag over to Humanis for more money, or finding another buyer - like a museum - for more karma.
And yes, I stole this wholesale from Black Lagoon.
>>
File: 1435611878190.jpg (411KB, 1280x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1435611878190.jpg
411KB, 1280x1256px
>>51619337
Anony, you seem to confusing absolute and relative states.
Of course there are nice things happening in a Dystopia.
They are just scarce and bound to make the horrible normal state seem to be even more depressing in comparisson.
Real, heartclenching drama needs some feint flickers of hope to make it truly gripping.
>>
>>51619404
TF2 had a story?
>>
>>51619399
Nigger i suggest you reread your own posts, because that might give you a good idea why you almost killed me via laughing by suggesting to look this up.
>>
>>51619036
I've got the latest .net, enabled and everything. Still no go. I'll try to see if restarting helps.
Windows 10 though, the shills got to me.
>>
>>51619447

Not the game, no, but if you go to the website, and read the comics, there's actually a really fucking good story written up.
>>
>>51619382
>few can ever turn away
>few

Lad, you are contradicting yourself now and seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing.
>>
>>51619047
I don't think lack of program slots will be much of an issue. A Depth 6 AI in a home drone gets 6 program slots automatically. If it has Pilot Origins it also gets an additional number of slots equal to it's Depth. And I'm pretty sure Advanced Programs don't count against this limit, since they are part of the core AI program. Lots of slots to spare.

AI's have their weaknesses, but they also have a drekload of strengths.
>>
File: 1363824950001.jpg (95KB, 500x511px) Image search: [Google]
1363824950001.jpg
95KB, 500x511px
>>51619036
>Can't see anything wrong at first blush. Does it still work if you just add it as a discrete object?

As in "creating a copy of the object, with a different GUI and a different category"?
idk, will have to test.
But its sorta besides the problem.
Shouldn't a change via the override_file and a change to the original file net the same results?

Because that discrepancy is whats puzzling me.
>>
>>51619347
A has-been Tridstar wants to make a reality-show about gang-wars, but pretty much all of the recognisable gangs are in a state of temporary ceasefire. He wants the runners to covertly stir up shit and then protect his ass while he 'heroically' films himself in the ensuing clusterfuck
>>
>>51619527
>6 Slots

3 if you play rules as written. Wakshanis change from Pilot/2 to Pilot slots never made it into the printruns.
>>
>>51619493
It's pretty obvious from the context of the rest of the page that people who can resist further delving into blood-magic after their first taste are the exception rather than the norm, and that continual use makes the downward-spiral into less palatable acts inevitable. There's a reason the gm is explicitly warned about it.
>>
>>51619527
>If it has Pilot Origins it also gets an additional number of slots equal to it's Depth.

I'd like to have a Quote on that because it sure as hell isn't within the "Pilote Origins" rules and i would party hard if that was true.
>>
>>51619616
>are the exception rather than the norm
yes

>that continual use makes the downward-spiral into less palatable acts inevitable
no
>>
>>51619588
Huh, I was pretty sure slots equalled device rating with devices (and device rating equalled pilot when your ai was in it). Don't have access to my books atm though.

Still, should still have enough slots to fun 6 programs + however many advanced programs you want.
>>
As a decker, around how high should I be getting my skill in a weapon?
>>
>>51619424
Except you don't understand what sort of dystopia Shadowrun is at all. Life seems wonderful for the wageslaves, and perhaps it really is: they get fed, they get shelter, they get safety, they get near-endless entertainment at their very fingertips, they get the genetic flaws removed from their children before they're even born. And for what? A work week not much worse than what modern corporations offer. And it only gets better as you move up the totem pole.

No, there are plenty of nice things that happen in Shadowrun. It's just that none of them matter. It's all shallow platitudes. They're all airy, poncey sweet nothings that the corps whisper into the ears of the masses. The nice things that would really matter, like all the different colors of man truly and completely forgiving each other for the sins of their forefathers, democracy being anything more than a pile of corruption and demagoguery, those with corrupt paths managing to resist the temptation to spiral further downwards.....that never happens.
>>
>>51619689
8-10 dice should be enough if you've got automatic burst capabilities.
>>
>>51619642
Pilot origins gives you the equivalent of a RCC equal to quality rank. Unless otherwise stated, the device rating of anything an AI has as part of itself is always equal to it's Depth (see Advanced Programs section in Date Trails). The RCC therefore is device rating 6 if your AI is Depth 6. I was pretty sure program slots equalled device rating, but someone above mentioned I may be misinformed.
>>
>>51619689
>>51619738
Also, you may want to....wait, I take that back. You DEFINITELY want to invest in recoil compensation.
>>
>>51619691
The fun part is that none of the shit the Runners whinge about is worth anything either. They just try to define themselves and give themselves meaning by using someone else as an anchor and othering them.

It's the classic quest for meaning everywhere.
>>
>>51619802
SMG with gas vent 3, electronic firing, folding stock, and foregrip.
>>
>>51619791
Program slots do not always equal Device Rating, but AFAIK RCCs can run a combined total of programs + noise reduction equal to their DR.
>>
>>51619830
I dunno, Bull used to give a shit about the cause of metahuman equality and the Orc Underground, though I don't know if that amounts to much in the big picture.

>>51619856
Bueno.
>>
>>51619890
It doesn't. He is an ork, aftre all. Real life and otherwise. Freak.
>>
File: 1415571609001.png (35KB, 230x244px) Image search: [Google]
1415571609001.png
35KB, 230x244px
>>51619691
Please stop substituting your lack of reading comprehension with cringeworthy posts.

>you don't understand

please talk to me again when you can grow a proper beard
>>
>>51619890
You can also consider the ingram smartgun. You lose 1 point of RC but gain a silencer.
>>
>>51619919
>please talk to me again when you can grow a proper beard
>implying I don't already have one
>implying you can grow a beard anywhere other than your neck
>>
>>51619554
No, as in if you add it just as a cyberware item, does it add properly? Add as plugin might somehow cache an independent copy of the book somehow; I'll eat my cravat if that's what's happening, but there aren't a lot of other things that could be going on unless delnar broke the xml manager again.
>>
>>51619920
Consider having both, or picking one up later, for the sake of versatility. But don't worry about it too much, having a weapon for every situation is the job of streetsams and physadepts.
>>
File: 1362235372472.gif (970KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1362235372472.gif
970KB, 300x225px
>>51619940
>oi, i totally have a beard, i swear on me katana

Sure thing, lad.
Your one halfinch mustache doesn't count as a beard though.
>>
>>51619920
Smartgun is the GOAT legal SMG. The P93 is pretty based if you have the nuyen to spend on an illegal gun as well.
>>
>>51619958
Honestly the ingram is probably the best choice for a primary. A silencer is always a good choice, and 1 point of RC is fairly negligible, particularly since you can use a simple action to take aim and a simple action to burst.
>>
>>51619886
Thats my reading of RAW and RAI as well, which means any AI wanting to spend time in a drone should pick up 1 rank of Pilot Origins MINIMUM. It'll give you a number of free slots to juggle between programs and NR equal to Depth, but since you are directly interfacing with the drone you don't need NR.
>>
>>51619911
Well, in any event, shadowrunners have managed to keep things from getting worse, and they do do nice things themselves once in a while, but it always amounts to a drop in the ocean. The vast majority of nice things in Shadowrun will always be the wool that the corps pull over the eyes of their wageslaves.
>>
>>51619987
>implying I'm a filthy mustachefag
>>
File: korra cyborg.png (2MB, 1300x3394px) Image search: [Google]
korra cyborg.png
2MB, 1300x3394px
>>51619948
Its not about adding.

Use override XML to change the mount from Eyeware to headware:
It shows up, but when i try to add it, to either the normal body or the cyberlimb, absolutely nothing happens

Changing the entry in the Cyberware.xml directly from Eyeware to Headware:
It shows up AND i can add it.

Normally, both of these entrys should provide the same result?
>>
>>51620013
Are you joking? How have SHADOWRUNNERS stopped things getting worse? They are a tiny little bit of extralegal activity. They're not warriors for freedom, they're not trying desperately to ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA, even if they claim to be. They just sit around and hope their nice masters throw them a bone so they can eat this month. The planet has been getting worse since the awakening.

Any actual beenfit is purely coincidental.
>>
>>51620031
do you mean that as
>no mustache, but a beard style that may have parts on the upper lip
or
>bare upper lip
?

No trying to bait, just unsure
>>
>>51620031
a goatee isn't any better
>>
>>51619989
That's looking at it from a decker's point of view. If you're a dedicated gunman, you'll want an Ingram for when you need a silencer and a FN P93 Praetor for when you don't.

>>51620054
All you've said is correct, but I've read through a number of missions. My general impression is that the setting's one saving grace is that since the corps always want to cockblock the profits of the other corps and making everything worse is usually profitable, the shadowrunners will, on average, cockblock the corps making everything worse.
>>
>>51620057
>>51620065
>implying I am not thick, luxurious sideburns master race
>>
>>51619990
So if my math is correct, Depth 6 AI with Pilot Origins can have slots: 6 (Depth) + 6 (RCC) + 2 (Virtual Machine) = 14. Minus the slots for loading them on the drone to begin with, but thats still a lot.

If you need even more slots, turn some of your programs into Advanced programs and they no longer need slots, you just have to spend karma.

And then remember never to log onto the Matrix because shitty overwatch rules will fry you.
>>
>>51620115
If you are a gunman, you want a proper assault rifle for when you don't need conceilability and an MP for when you do.
>>
>>51620115
The shadowrunners are the ones facilitating the cockblocking. The most idealistic part of the setting was Captain Chaos and his Shadowland/Denver Data Haven. And they're dead/fucked. The only times a corp gets cock blocked BY runners directly is when a crew pulls a double cross, or the corp pulls a double cross and gets fucked over.

Shame Bobby Derie didn't get a chance to bring him back. His drafts showed that was planned.
>>
File: sideburns.jpg (26KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
sideburns.jpg
26KB, 600x450px
>>51620134
>sideburns
please don't tell me you literally have a face like this

I'm out, this is getting to creepy.
>>
>>51620141
Well, yeah, you want an assault rifle, but that doesn't mean you don't want 2 different SMGs. It's....it's a streetsam thing, trust me.

>>51620170
You're right, we are only facilitating the cockblocking. But, hey, at least there is cockblocking.
>>
File: 1485027313134.gif (400KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
1485027313134.gif
400KB, 488x519px
>>51620193
Wow. That makes me feel better about my facial hair pattern. Dude's is custom grown to look like he has two faces. Fuck me.
>>
>>51620170
I'm worried how they'll bring Fastjack back. It'll either involve CFD or Technomancy, and those are two areas Catalyst have massively screwed up.
>>
>>51620193
>implying my neck is not as cleanly shorn and smooth as a baby's bottom
Cry harder, faggot.
>>
File: Philosoraptor full.jpg (65KB, 650x517px) Image search: [Google]
Philosoraptor full.jpg
65KB, 650x517px
>>51620140
Ah, i see, you want to let the AI run on an RCC and have it pilote the Drone remotely?
Or are you confusing the RCC with the Control Rig? Because its the latter that gets granted by "Pilot Origins".

I was thinking on the lines of having the Drone as your home Node, so you don't need to spend Nuyen on an (pretty expensive RCC).
>>
>>51620231
>I'm worried how they'll bring Fastjack back. It'll either involve CFD or Technomancy, and those are two areas Catalyst have massively screwed up.
Now I'm afraid god damn it and I never even knew Fastjack.
>>
>>51620256
Stupid me, I got the two terms mixed up. Sorry, typing on phone without books.
>>
File: 1453321761001.png (2KB, 198x164px) Image search: [Google]
1453321761001.png
2KB, 198x164px
>>51620233
(you)
>>
>>51620231
>It'll either involve CFD or Technomancy
or both
>>
>>51620300
HARDER
>>
>>51620307
BETTER
>>
>>51620305
You shut your filthy whore mouth.
>>
File: eDryH93[1].jpg (253KB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
eDryH93[1].jpg
253KB, 1600x1131px
If I wanted to be a huge faggot and play Sombra in shadowrun, how should I go about doing it? Traditional decking might work, but I'd rather spend most of my time in AR. I could try making a hacker adept, or I could go technomancer and just have my sprites do everything.
>>
>>51620319
STRONGER
>>
>>51620371
IT'S "HARDER BETTER FASTER STRONGER" YOU COLLOSSAL FAGGOT

FASTER
NOW YOU'VE RUINED IT
>>
>>51620392
FUCK YOU I DON'T HAVE THAT SONG MEMORIZED

I realized my mistake too, but it was too late
>>
>>51620268
Eh. He's your classic 'old hacker man'. Done better than Bull, but that's not saying much.
>>51620231
I'm guessing he'll end up as some sort of quasi-AI with a meat platform as his 'home system', having merged with SEARCH. Nobody will trust him, but people will give him some access because 'he's part of our history!'.

Of course, it was ALSO made clear in the wink wink nudge nudge sense that there was a set of Hong Kong monks who had Captain Chaos as some sort of bizarre oracle-buddha jammed into a robot body in the runner havens book..
>>
>>51620361
She's a mundane AR Brute Force Hacker. Stack WR, Reaction Enhancers, and carry around a Steyr TMP and you're mostly there to Sombra.
>>
>tfw you finally gave up on playing in a SR campaign yet again
Oh well. I suppose it is simply not to be.
>>
>>51620361
Technomancer with a lot of hardware skills. Load sprites while she flings around grenades and goes berserk with tiny little devices that are probably warcrimes.
>>
>>51620442
>goes berserk with tiny little devices that are probably warcrimes.
That's standard runner behavior, to be honest my spiritual brethren.
>>
>>51620467
Most runners are trying not to kill people because it keeps them off the corporation's radar once they're off the property. Sombra probably is forcing people to wear underwear that release Warp whenever they fart, or jamming them full of devices that spew cutter nanites into their saliva so that anyone they kiss - and so, some poor prostitute or anyone they love like their family - gets eaten alive. Sort of like the Judas goat, really.
>>
>>51620511
Ouch.
>>
>>51619382
Try playing Earthdawn. Nethermancers fucked Horrors up something fierce with the power of blood magic.
>>
>>51620598
And then they decided "Hey, let's recreate WW2 with zombies 7000 early".

Earthdawn magic is insane. Balanced around bow and arrow and sword, rather than assault rifle and hand grenade, but some of the things the ED magicians were capable of were bizarre. Wizards drank deep from the weirdness fountain. Stuff like Lightbringers and NEBIS were just what the fuck material.
>>
>>51620618
7000 years*

The step system of dice is bullshit though.
>>
>>51620618
That's why I, for one, am hyped for Forbidden Arcana. Fuck those mundie fags, Shadowrun needs MORE magic, not less.
>>
File: b49.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
b49.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>>51620645
>Fuck those mundie fags
WELL FUCK YOU MAGES

AND YOUR MOTHERS TOO
>>
>>51620645
http://danvolodar.ru/ancientfiles/Spoorn/NotesTowardTheAdvancedMagicBook.txt

Here's the original drafts from the person who was pitching it back in 4e.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>51620697
>>51620697

Eh, what does it matter anyway
>>
>>51620678
Shadowrun is a magical setting, you stupid fucking frogposter.
Earthdawn is nothing but super-Mystic Adepts picking and choosing what kind of super-magical being they want to be.

>>51620685
>Life Magic
Yes. Finally!
>>
>>51620730
There's a version of it under one of the statlines for Jane Foster called "Sacrifice 2" or something. No background count as long as the sacrifice is from the caster or entirely voluntary. Keep in mind those docos are like 10 years old now. The person doesn't work for the company anymore as a freelancer.
>>
>>51620361
For AR decking, you will have to cut the expenses for WR from somewhere else, most likely cerebral boosters and deck.
C-K Analyist from Data trails fits for Sombra, since she is more about shooting than dataspiking. A bit of modding and a good agent will make everything go nicely.

MysAdept hacking sounds really silly and stupid and fun and it fits, just you will be interacting with AR gloves and contacts with your deck and Matrix in general. You get invisibility, good shooting pool and electric spells to emp your way to victory. I have no idea how to make it work properly, but I have seen weirder things.

And technomancers... Are horrible at AR. You can't get implants, and you have no way of boosting your initiative. You can try using only sprites, but they are not as good as they sound.
>>
>>51620765
Formally requesting someone build and PLAY a Wired Reflexes 2 Technomancer with a Machine Sprite running Diagnostics on their wires.
"no no no GM, you don't understand, every physical action should get the bonus"
>>
Are there any armor mods that standout above others that should be on my armor?
>>
>>51621685
non-conductivity. Electrical damage is fucking stupid.
>>
>>51621685
Non-conductivity > Fire Resistance > Acid Resistance = Insulation

I like the Shock Frill (and like) mod, for when you need to make a surprise Stun Baton-esque hit with your Argentum Coat.

The Pockets from Hard Targets are occasionally useful, as is the Attachable Gear Access on a Combat Cloak.
Thread posts: 428
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.