[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 51

File: 6RxClPs.jpg (379KB, 1536x936px) Image search: [Google]
6RxClPs.jpg
379KB, 1536x936px
Tzeentch edition

>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Old thread:
>>51553742
>>
>errant-questor is being delayed
Ugh, this is the worst. By the time he arrives I'll be burried neck-deep in work...
>>
So, what happened to the new SC battletome? Can't find it on GW's site.
>>
File: IMG_2124.png (443KB, 648x842px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2124.png
443KB, 648x842px
>>51591056
I claim this thread in the name of Nurgle
>>
Leaders
Gaunt Summoner (100)
Tzaangor Shaman (120)

Battleline
10 x Tzaangors (180)
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)

Units
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (160)
6 x Screamers Of Tzeentch (280)

Total: 980/2000
1k vanguard list, think it carries some heat?
>>
File: tumblr_lvt484pWha1qe59oxo1_540.jpg (43KB, 514x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lvt484pWha1qe59oxo1_540.jpg
43KB, 514x800px
Shadow elf daemons this summer?
>>
Anyone have the How to Paint Ironjawz PDF?
Can't find it in any of the megas, thx.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/How-to-Paint-Ironjawz-EN
>>
Nurglw battletome when?
>>
>>51591829
So did Slaanesh get merged into Shadow Aelfs?
>>
still waiting for new rat men :^)
>>
>>51591968
You're gonna carry that wait
>>
Stegadon with flamethrower or ballista?
>>
hey guys i want to get into age of sigmar and stumbled upon "storm of sigmar". it looks fairly cheap so what's the catch here?
>>
>>51592519
There isn't one? The starter set is a better deal if you have more to spend, but there's nothing inherently wrong with Storm of Sigmar.
>>
>>51592519
Its like the first shot of heroin.

Seriously, if you first want to check if painting/modelling is smth for you at all, give it a shot. Otherwise you're better off with a start collecting of your choice or one of the starter sets.
>>
>>51592576
I personally think the Spire of Dawn set is more bang for your buck
>>
>>51591906
Soon enough that my manager was advising someone to wait for that before buying a bunch of Nurgle stuff, but that's unverifiable and vague as shit.
>>
File: Tree-Revenants_Sigmar.jpg (726KB, 1000x984px) Image search: [Google]
Tree-Revenants_Sigmar.jpg
726KB, 1000x984px
>>51591829
I've been thinking.

>A dangerous past time.
>I know.

Do you all think GW is just going to focus on "evolved" elves like the Sylvaneth, and do that with "Shadow" and "Light" elves instead of expanding on the current elf armies?

Bonesplitterz and Flesh-Eater Courts were given their own battletomes and consist entirely of older models, so I suppose it's definitely not impossible that, say, Wanderers or Darkling Covens could get their own tomes, but I could also easily see the "evolved" elves as being GW's focus when it comes to them.
>>
>>51592853
But wood elves are still around. And the person who would be their god hates them.
>>
>>51592899
No, no, I don't mean that they'll be ripped out immediately, just either not updated for a while, or maybe even phased out after some time.
>>
>>51588560
Here are some ways to use 3" reach to its fullest:

1. Offensively you can strike over the enemy front line and hit more important targets.
Screening with trash units and getting a counter pile-in is a huge part of competitive AOS and using a 3" weapon lets you strike over those pesky grots and saurus warriors and hit the big monsters behind that line.

2. Defensively you can keep Protectors behind a line of troops and strike in combat with your increased range. You cam absorb a charge with Liberators (preferably with a buffed up Save from a Mystic Shield and/or Lord Castellant) and then strike back with Protectors.
>>
>>51592853
It's difficult to say, past Battletomes have shown a couple of approaches. However the new Tzeentch and Stromcast battletomes did go back to the more traditional Army Book of yore. So a 'Exiles' book might not be out of the question. I don't expect them to ever make new molds for the existing models of the elves though. They'll make new units and then try to incorporate those into a larger release of some sort.
>>
>>51592519
Storm of Sigmar is alright you want a taster, comes with a little rule book with different scenarios to play with the figures you get. The models are the snap figures but for what you get its a bargain.

Pretty good if you plan to start either of those armies too. (I converted the stormcast into Khorne Bloodbound when I picked it up)
>>
>>51592483
In general I would take the ballista because if you focus fire with a Bastiladon you can snipe most heroes and put significant damage on monsters.

However, the sunfire throwers are an amazing anti-horde weapon and Seraphon don't have access to many other abilities like that.
>>
>>51592853
>Do you all think GW is just going to focus on "evolved" elves like the Sylvaneth

Objectively, yes.

I think we will never see another new non "evolved" elf made ever again.

With some luck we might get some of those old elves rolled into the new "Shadow" and "Light" Aelves battletomes but I do not see battletomes for the old elves ever becoming a reality.

I would like to have battletomes for the old dark elf, wood elf, and high elf lines. But I thing GW is looking forward to new creative opportunities more than back at how to bring those ranges current.
>>
>>51590416

or is this bad
>>
>>51592970
>I converted the stormcast into Khorne Bloodbound

pics?
>>
File: IMG_1455.jpg (40KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1455.jpg
40KB, 600x620px
>Mfw seeing how gorgeous these models are in person

Holy hell these things are beautiful, and huge as fuck, so they are easier to paint
>>
>>51593415
Have fun anon, and be careful with resin
>>
>>51593549
Oh I've been super careful with them, I'm working on my ironsworn currently, so I have plenty of practice before messing with them. I've mainly been using a razor for removing mold lines and filing them
>>
>>51593415
>and huge as fuck, so there are alrge, smooth surfaces which will show any imperfection in paint application or blending to everyone within fives miles.
>>
>>51593415
Never seen these before, what unit are they?
>>
>>51592937
>>51592972
I see GW as wanting to focus on producing non-standard elf factions like Sylvaneth as their priority, but I could also see them doing the occasional "low budget" battletome like FEC and Bonesplitterz for Exiles/Wanderers/Highborn. Doubt the smaller factions, like Lion Rangers, will get their own book, though. Will most likely be rolled into their respective elf archetypes with a corner dedicated to their lore.
>>
>>51593144
>>51592970
I too require pics. PLZ.
>>
>>51593916
Forgeworld
>>
File: khornverted.jpg (224KB, 746x610px) Image search: [Google]
khornverted.jpg
224KB, 746x610px
>>51593968
Ive posted these guys before, two became Blood warriors to make 5 from storm of sigmar and the other three are going to be Skull reapers. One day I'll finish my skull reapers
>>
>>51593001
What are these "shadow" and "light" Aelves exactly? Is it a rumor or just something you guys think will happen?
>>
>>51593001
I can see each of the elf races fighting to be blessed by their gods. But thats too similar to how stormcasts are. There will need to be drawbacks to the "evolved" elves that will encourage having regular elves with them. If we just get elf NOTstormcasts, thatll be lame.
>>
>>51594330
Aelves live in Azyr, but most are in the realms of Hysh (light) or Ulgu (shadow). Hysh has Tyrion and Teclis as kinda patron gods, Hysh being the only place but Azyr that Chaos didn't get a good grip during the Age of Chaos. Ulgu is all smoke and mirrors, and we're told Malerion (Malekith fused with his dragon) lives there. Also no other Aelves in the other realms. It's why the three godbros went out to search for their people.
>>
>>51594330
Malekith became Malerion and rules over the realm of shadow. While tyrion and teclis are in control of the light realm. So when elves gets updated, we are all wanting to see what they will make.
>>51594443
And another thought, I hate how they made wood elves apart from sylvaneth faction.
>>
>>51594444
Are all these realms named after gods of the old pantheon?
>>
File: IZiaa0X[1].jpg (297KB, 1999x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IZiaa0X[1].jpg
297KB, 1999x2368px
Some progress on my beastmanneds. The shaman is a pretty cool model I think.
>>
>>51594488
No, they are named and are in reflection after the different aspects of magic.
>>
>>51592972
yeah, because I got the thunderbeast box so i can have a troglodon, but wasnt sure on what to make the second stegadon because i know i want the engine of the gods for sure, or would that be a mistake?
>>
>>51594519
Is it possible to find any faction in each realm? Like humans in Aqshy? Basically like finding them in realms that are out of their element?
>>
>>51594533
yes and no. Before Chaos attacked and Sigmar shut the gates to Azyr, people of all races were everywhere. But then shit happened and time passed, so most people were in Azyrheim, but alot were also outside and had to fend for themselves.
>>
>>51594532
Engine of the Gods is decent but lackluster on the table. If you could pick a lower result than the one you rolled it would be much better. I would usually just pay the extra 20 points and get a real Stegadon instead.

It has the Hero keyword so it can take Artifacts, so if they ever release a Seraphon allegiance pack then the EOTG might start seeing serious play.

A Seraphon spell lore would make Slann valuable again, which also increases the value of many underused units like Eternity Warden, Troglodon, and EOTG.

I would just build a standard Stegadon.
>>
>>51594533
>>51594566
the reason i said no also is really because we havent heard of any races being in other places besides to fight/reclaim stuff. There may be a tribe of jungle aelves in ghyran, or cloud riding dwarves in hysh. or ninjas in ulgu, but until those places become fleshed out we have no idea.
>>51594593
So, for the two stegadon i get, should i just make one with ballista and the other with firethrower? I have a slann, a star priest, and most hero units so if EOTG isnt worth it, ill go for more hitting power then.
>>
>>51594622
I would just build them as Stegadons and play "counts as" EOTG for now. AOS community is pretty chill and nobody cares about that "what you see is what you get" nonsense (though some tournaments might).

If they eventually release an allegiance pack for Seraphon I would get a proper EOTG
>>
>>51594676
thanks. If it wasnt obvious enough, Im new to AoS. I always see people trash saurus warriors, why is that? They do pretty alright when I play field them.Even the store guy at my local GW recommended to invest in more guard.
>>
>>51594727
Saurus Warriors are great, people trash them because they think Saurus Guard are strictly better.

People think Guard are good because they play against armies that have lots of melee and only have Rend-1 attacks and don't know how to prioritize mortal wound output.

In reality Guard are massively overrated - they are still good, just not "bring 15 guard as my battleline" good. Among other reasons, they are far too weak to any kind of mortal wounds, losing too many models to even a D3 mortal wound attack.

Seraphon battleline is needed to screen the dinosaurs and give you time to get shots off with your artillery. When your screen dies to a light breeze of mortal wounds your dinosaurs are exposed and you quickly lose the game.

When I use Saurus Guard it's usually only a single squad of 10 that I put in the way of enemy cavalry. Saurus Warriors are my go-to Battleline choice for Seraphon.
>>
>>51594980
Ok, It just didnt sit right to have what is supposed to be elite infantry as the body of your army. Ill have to tinker around with that then, when I finish build my box of guards.
>>
>>51594174
Really helpful, I was wondering what the name of the unit was, not where it came from.
>>
>>51595079
Not him.

Bull Centaurs I think, let me check. Yeah, 'Bull Centaur Renders'.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Bull-Centaur-Renders
>>
>>51591056
Is there a PDF of the Feb WD?
>>
>>51595155
Thanks Anon!
>>
File: IMG_1047.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1047.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
What you anons think of my Otto so far? I'm working on the little details today.

>And also secretly hoping to become friends with the other Nurglebros that lurk in this thread
>>
>>51591056
> (Malekith fused with his dragon)

That was just a rumour born from Malekith new appearance
>>
>>51595227
>>And also secretly hoping to become friends with the other Nurglebros that lurk in this thread

I can be your friend Anon
>>
>>51593709
>2017
>not airbrushing

bro... there a reason all golden deamon painter, eavy metal, commision painter all use airbrush.
>>
>>51595339
He is just a really really bad painter imo.

He complain bull centaur being big while Land Raider and rhino have much more flat surface and nobody ever had a problem with it, even with a brush.
Also they are rougly ogre sized, And ogres are literraly the best and easiest thing to paint and i never saw someone complain about not bein able to paint them properly.
>>
Is there a way to make creation tabels for the variosu factions in AoS? Much like there are in 40k.
>>
>>51594494

Really liking the scheme man, keep it up. Lookin forward to seeing the whole herd. Are you allying them with regular beastmen or just goin ham tzeencth?
>>
>>51595339
Not everybody has the money for an airbrush. Though to be fair, Warmahordes is far worse off for it than Warhammer.
>>
>>51594488
Even though the narrative isn't playing out exactly like that I think the design intent for the AOS setting was to have the old "incarnates" of the winds of magic be roughly correlated to an associated new "realm".

You've got the god emperor Sigmar in the realm of heaven who was previously the host to the said same wind of magic. Same for alarielle with life. The dwarf berserker with fire, etc. We should see Tyrion accompanied by Teclis show up in the realm of Light, and Malikith un the realm of shadow.

There was a human wizard sporting the wind of Metal during the end times who I don't think has made an appearance yet but that gives some hope of another human faction or at least a dwarf human metallic themed alliance (freeguild +steamhead rolled into one faction).

I could be getting some of the details a little mixed up but you get the point.
>>
Somebody know how the Las Vegas Open ended? The final was Silvaneth vs Stormcast, wasn't it?
>>
How's this for a mixed destruction list? Mostly using this for narrative games

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Gobsnik (80)
Grot Warboss
- General
- Prodder and Squig
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Zappzag (60)
Moonclan Grot Shaman
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection
Squigzog (60)
Moonclan Grot Shaman

Battleline
40 x Crooked Toof Lads (240)
Moonclan Grots
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
- 6 netters
20 x Crooked Arrers (120)
Moonclan Grots
- Bows & Slittas
10 x Creepy Crawlas (200)
Grot Spider Riders
- Spiderfang Battleline
3 x Yellow Bellies (160)
Leadbelchers
- Gutbusters Battleline
9 x Guzzgor's Bone Snappers (360)
Fimir Warriors
- Battleline (Fimir Dirach Balefield General)

Units
6 x Crooked Toof Loonies (180)
Grot Fanatics

Behemoths
Muncha and Cruncha (240)
Mangler Squigs

War Machines
Piercer (120)
Grot Spear Chukka
Impaler (120)
Grot Spear Chukka

Total: 1940/2000

Leaves me 60 points. Should I nab another shaman or leave it be?
>>
>>51595664
Not an expert on Destruction, but it looks to me. And I would say you leave those 60 points. It might give you the little bonus since you might have less points
>>
>>51595428
Who is a really bad painter?
>>
>>51595227
I hate nurgle the most of the gods
But I'd still like to be friends with nurgle bros. You guys make your Papa proud
>>
>>51591829
Aelves were hinted at on the Community website at some point this year. Did not mention what time frame or what type of aelf however.
>>
>>51595574
An entry level airbrush is literally 110 bucks. That's with a tank and compressor.

Best investment ever just for the fact it makes priming cheaper and easier.
>>
>>51595514
The goal currently is just to go full tzeentch. The new models are too cool not to.

What i'll do after i've finished the 1k points I already have is another story. But I either hope to continue tzeentch, or maybe go elf if they show up this summer.
>>
>>51595687
Thanks for the input. I'll stick with just two shamans
>>
Anyone ever play test that hinterlands PDF?

Someone posted it and it seemed interesting but I was curious if anyone had first hand experience. I have models but not really people to play with so it may be a decent way to get people to try when I get the chance.
>>
File: Beastmen.jpg (95KB, 736x882px) Image search: [Google]
Beastmen.jpg
95KB, 736x882px
>>51596110
I am going to play it this Friday, I am really looking forward to it! My Beastmen warband shall hunt and feast in plenty when I am done with my foe!

Also, anyone feeling like sharing their warband?
>>
Looking at the LVO results....

How the fuck is this considered a competitive tournament? This is an embarrassment.

First place was allowed to bring a Realmgate in his list for some reason.

Second and third place are literally just slow melee units with one big monster - was nobody playing Seraphon, Sylvaneth, or Freeguild? This is pathetic.
>>
File: milek-jakubiec-beastmen_art.jpg (466KB, 1400x875px) Image search: [Google]
milek-jakubiec-beastmen_art.jpg
466KB, 1400x875px
>>51596228
Anyway, here os my own beastmen warband that I am using this Friday

Felvor's Hunting Party

Beastlord: Felvor the Reaper

>6 Gors

Drok, the foe render of the Gors, armed with dual blades
Khaz, the Gor horn blower. He also wields a crude beastshield
Freg, a regular dual-bladed Gor
Val, another dual-bladed Gor
Mor, a Gor armed with a beastshield
Gorth, he also carries a beastshield into battle

>4 Bestigors

Scyus, a Bestigor that proudly brings his axe into battle
Abtoth, he is the bearer of the Brayhorn that rallies the other Bestigors into battle
Luchash, he has taken many heads with his Great axe
Felrak, a savage Bestigor who wants nothing more than to see the prey fear for their lives

>1 Ungor

Zel is a small Ungor Raider that is brave enough to follow the hunting party. Armed with a good sense of direction and his bow he is prepared to see the hunt through until the end
>>
>>51595574
Meh, if you are dedicated to the hobby, you'll save maybe a 150-200 hours of painting easily per year using an airbrush, as well as multiplying your skill tenfold compared to the brush.

There is nothing like airbrushing 4000 points of grots, orcs, skeletons or necrons in a week.

I don't know how you value your time but, just google "Tale of painter K-moon review"
you an get a descent airbrush and compressor for next to nothing, and double your paints life.
>>
>>51596333
>guys guys look at those results I wont link haha did you see that

bro..
>>
>>51596410
>spoonfeed pls ;_;
>>
>>51596439
Then don't expect any answer from anyone, as simple as that
>>
>>51596439
You want people to talk on the matter? bring in the frigging link. I ain't gonna go treasure-hunting so I can jerk your hate-boner.
>>
>>51596333
>was nobody playing Sylvaneth
Did you even watch a single game?
>>
>>51596228
What's the easiest way to get a warband running?

1 box of Perry Mercenaries or 1 box of Frostgrave soldiers for humans.

What are some good options for other races?
>>
>>51596542
>>51596447

Not him

http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/7221-las-vegas-open-2017-results-lists/
>>
>>51596712
Just go with whatever you feel would be the most fun to seek riches and glory with out in the realms. Or something that fits your fluff and/or narrative
>>
>>51596333
literally spent 10 minutes trying to google foo up the results you're talking about.

Be a friend and post the link since they aren't easy to find.
>>
>>51596712
You need such a tiny amount of models that there is really no point in trying to save money. Obvious choices are plastik boxes of any kinds (especially North Star), but buying a bunch of used models will probably be even cheaper and get you GW models. Ogres need can fit like 3 actually ogres in a list, daemons can go with one box or one box+1 large model. SCE and Khorne can use the snap fit stuff...
If you want to go old empire, use the lead adventure Bruegelburg range. 5€ per model, but absolutely gorgeous. It would also be a good time to buy the Scibor Dwarf Rangers or Miners.
If you don't have a lot of money and you are ok with 3rd party models, go for Mantic, so you also get a cheap army for 'real' AoS/KoW/WHFB.
>>
>>51596721

God damn Elves are so strong in this all over the place dominating everything!

actually zero elf units in any of the top 12 lists

Elves OP
>>
>>51596981
This tournament is a joke

>one guy brings tomb kings, zero necropolis knights
>nobody brings beastclaw raiders
>>
File: 1421871441415.png (90KB, 264x258px) Image search: [Google]
1421871441415.png
90KB, 264x258px
>>51597170
>mfw people have wrong fun
>>
>>51596721
>no gutbusters

anyway to make a viable army with ogres and gnoblars? excluding beastclaw stuff.
>>
>>51597538
weren't they quite strong even before beastclaw? They were the shit before GHB, but afaik their powerlevel didn't drop too hard.
>>
>>51597580
are we talking about basic bulls, ironguts and leadbelchers?

or are you including stonehorns and mournfang.
>>
>>51596981
Zero elf unit except in the fucking winner list I suppose ???
Goddamn elffag are the worst, you cant even whine properly
>>
>>51595227
he looks cute

I love how nurgle knights always have big, fat bodies with meat and armors, and then have a tiny little helmet
>>
>>51597747
You might have a point. Just thought about the faction in general, not the specific units. I guess you could take a few of the more basic ogres and tweak the powerlevel with the strong units, but I'm really no expert on ogres.
>>
>>51596333
>Second and third place are literally just slow melee units with one big monster

Wrong. You dont know this game.
None of the 12 list is a slow melee list.
Most have range waeponry and teleport,
the other have Sayl, flying or overall fast unit.
>>
>>51591762
Drop screamers, increase Tzaangor to 20, add 20 marauders or a herald or an exalted flamer. or go 20 points over and add another pink horror unit.

Alternatively: drop screamers, and just leave 300pts for summoning, so you aren't stuck with screamers vs an opponent with no monsters. summon more horrors, burn everything. see monster(s)? summon screamers.
>>
>>51597897
>add 20 marauders
>or go 20 points over

Literraly the 2 worst thing it is possible to do
>>
>>51597814
>Zero elf unit

Mistweaver Saih was obviously included for being a way (80 points) to get a mystic shield off every turn with high movement characteristic. I am skeptical this even counts.
>>
File: 1484751164323.jpg (431KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1484751164323.jpg
431KB, 1632x1224px
>>51597996
>>51597890
>>51597814
>>51597170
>>51596981
>>51596721

This is not the official GW result, it's the comped results, thats why "Weak" list are top. Woth this shitty comp you can win even of you loose, if your opponent didnt win as much as they should have.
From memory the guy running 3 mourngul didn't lost once, same with the pure Beastclaw Thundertusk spam army.

GW official uncomped result will come later.
>>
>>51597216
Its a competitive tournament, you are playing to win

FAACfags are the worst
>>
>>51598103
Well it seems like the lists won by the tournaments rules. I don't see a problem here.
>>
>>51598077
how does one kill a mourngfull
>>
>>51598218
By throwing a unit at it and ignoring it for the rest of the game.

Or Kunnin' Rukk.
>>
Winning list has 5 liberators with two Grandhammers

Warscroll:
"One in every five models may be armed with a grandhammer or grandblade"

????
>>
Please appraise my planned Hinterlands Warband: (1/2)

>Orruk Warboss - 70
Ungak the Handless is a young and ambitious Orruk who aspires to lead a mighty tribe of his own someday.
Once a member of Korpus Kollosal's mighty clan, he challenged the Megaboss to a duel and was soundly beaten, left for dead after his left hand was severed by Kollosal's greataxe.
Ungak survived, affixing a rusty blade to his stump and immediately striking off into the nearby swamps alongside a pair of deserters.
Now he leads a small band of misfits and outcasts, hoping to achieve some degree of notoriety and attract more defectors from Kollosal's horde.

>Orruk with Hand Weapon and Shield - 10
Gorm the Bad is a rather stupid Orruk who gambled all his teef and then some that Ungak would beat Korpus Kollosal.
After the aspiring Warboss lost his duel, Gorm immediately fled into a nearby swamp lest he be forced to pay up.
There, surprised to find the challenger still alive, Gorm made the poor decision to support Ungak once again.

>Orruk with Two Hand Weapons - 10
Kurz the Mad is viscious and antisocial, even by the lax standards of Orruk society!
Those who shared a tent with him had a bad habit of waking up dead, an occurrence worsened by Kurz's insistence that "He hadn't done nuthin to 'em".
Heavily criticised by his fellow Orruks for such downright goblin-esque behaviour, Kurz wandered off into the swamps in search of a more appreciative group.
>>
>>51598724

(2/2)

>Moonclan Grot Shaman - 30
Rotten is a rather mad Grot Shaman, whose name refers equally to his personality and smell.
He is absolutely obsessed with scheming for scheming's sake, and spends his time laying increasingly elaborate traps in an attempt to ensnare travellers from nearby human and dwarf settlements.
Undissuaded by his lack of success, Rotten has recently joined forces with a trio of wayward Orruks, instructing them in the arts of trap-laying and trickery.

>Moonclan Grot with Net - 6
>Moonclan Grot with Spear/Shield - 6
>Moonclan Grot with Spear/Shield - 6
Ugly, Vicious, and Hungry are a trio of moonclan Grots who assist Rotten in his many harebrained schemes.
Though eager to please, the three are easily distracted and bad at following orders, and rather poor combatants to boot!
When the time comes to fight, Hungry will make a cursory attempt to ensnare the foe with his net, after which Ugly and Vicious will either stab it to death or immediately flee.
None of them approve of their alliance with the Orruks, which seems to promise them more direct fights and less risk-free traplaying excercises.

>Squig - 12
Stephen the Squig is an enigmatic creature, constantly lurking near the Bandit's campsites and gazing balefully in at them.
Though it has never attacked one of Ungak's bandits, and has in fact developed a habit of bouncing in to assist them in fights, the band still regards it with a healthy suspicion.
Ugly, Viscious, and Hungry whisper that the Stephen was one of Rotten's enemies whom he turned into a Squig using magic.
The Orruks simply don't like the way it's always looking at them!
>>
>>51596228
If someone reposts the rules I'll read them and make my own warband
>>
>>51598764
>Rotten is in charge
>4 villains
>Someone has a net
Anon is this Lazy Town
>>
File: 1485912591267.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1485912591267.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51598823
Here you go amigo
>>
>>51598853
yes
>>
>>51599123
Many thanks frienderoni!
>>
>>51599123

That's seems pretty fun. I like having Dryad heroes
>>
>>51595626
grminir and grungi are the odd ones here, they have had no correlation with the incarnates during the end times and even the dwarfs that were briefly possessed by the winds died for real unlike the other incarnates; grimnir even gave up his own godhood to gotrek so it makes even less sense for him to be god again.
>>
File: aos-chaos-pantheon.jpg (283KB, 750x745px) Image search: [Google]
aos-chaos-pantheon.jpg
283KB, 750x745px
>>51591928
not yet, but soon
>>
>>51598077
How it was comped?
>>
File: IMG_8985.jpg (135KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8985.jpg
135KB, 640x468px
>>51595636
The final show was Sylvaneth versus Stormcast. Swenson (Forgesworn guy) got best company.
>>51596333
He got to bring a realm gate because his battalion called for one. Second place maxed up on warchanters, brutes and weirdnobs, while third was built around mass blood letters, and Bloodthirster/Sayl combo.
>>
File: 3908505816_f53540ff06(2).jpg (132KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
3908505816_f53540ff06(2).jpg
132KB, 500x333px
>>51600179

>Start Sylvaneth because I love tree dudes with silly tricks like moving woods
>theyre actually a top tier army
>get called cheese for playing angry trees
>mfw
>>
>>51600301
post your list ?
Surely if you genuinely use them for the style, you probably dont have anywhere near the only 2 build that are above average.
>>
>>51600417

Allegiance: Sylvaneth

Leaders
Drycha Hamadreth (280)
- General
Branchwraith (100)
- Artefact: Warsong Stave
Branchwych (100)
- Artefact: The Silverwood Circlet
Branchwraith (100)
-Artefact: Tear of Grace
Treelord Ancient (300)
- Artefact: Briarsheath

Battleline
5 x Tree-Revenants (100)
- Sylvaneth Battleline
20 x Dryads (240)
10 x Dryads (120)
10 x Dryads (120)

Units
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (180)
- Greatbows
5 x Spite-Revenants (100)
3 x Tree Kin (100)

Battalions
Harvestboon Wargrove (100)
Forest Folk (60)

Scenery
Sylvaneth Wyldwood - Sylvaneth Allegiance (0)

Total: 2000/2000
>>
>>51600769
It's not even near the maximum faggotry Sylvaneth lists.

It appear pretty fun to play against instead. The only problem is that you have 4 artefacts but you can take only 3.
>>
>>51600872

Hrm, which would you cut then?

What's maximum faggotry?
>>
>>51601244
maximum faggotry is 9+ hunters, hurricanums and trees
>>
>>51600769
looks fluffy to me.
Anyone saying this is a waaclist is wrong, or just trolling
>>
>>51601282

That doesn't even sound fun to play.

>>51601329

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I wanted Harvest or Winterleaf, but I think Harvest fits the fluff better.
>>
hey guys i'm new to this game
so in the rules it says i can field any army
does it mean i can take order and chaos forces at the same time?
>>
>>51596228
Would a seraphon warband work? I dunno what id take, but it sounds cool to have a small party of lizardmen for more delicate missions that you cant toss an army at.
>>
File: DaddyVladdy.png (1MB, 600x875px) Image search: [Google]
DaddyVladdy.png
1MB, 600x875px
I miss him so much. I can't wait for the inevitable death release where he comes back to us.
>>
>>51596228
I haven't played yet, but tentative Warband:

Warden King: Hrafrin Izorstokaz
1 Hammerer
1 Ironbreaker
2 Quarrelers
3 Warriors

Haven't worked out any fluff yet really, other than the Hammerer and Ironbreaker basically being the Warden King's hearthguard. Quarrelers probably two random rangers, and the warriors will probably be related to each other.
>>
>>51595235
And his changed name, Malerion, an attempt at a portmanteau of "Malekith" and "Seraphon", and his appearance, which is in the first Age of Sigmar book.

So it's more than just a rumour. It's still not stated outright though.
>>
>>51602382
Fuck, I didn't reread the post I replied to. Disregard the second half of the first sentence.
>>
>>51601986
Yes. You just get no alleigance benefits, which you shouldn't worry to much about right away
>>
File: 400px-Malekiths_OC_Fursona.png (96KB, 400x260px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Malekiths_OC_Fursona.png
96KB, 400x260px
>>51602382
>And his changed name, Malerion, an attempt at a portmanteau of "Malekith" and "Seraphon", and his appearance, which is in the first Age of Sigmar book.So it's more than just a rumour. It's still not stated outright though.

doubt it. Malikith survived because he was the incarnate of shadow. The dragon of his didn't make it to the other side. There is no precedent for "merging" and other than "on" at the end of the name (pretty weak evidence of any connection) there is no good reason to think they merged.

As for the pic of him with wings and horns, well alarielle no longer looks like her former self either.
>>
File: 153102-sweetangel.jpg (418KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
153102-sweetangel.jpg
418KB, 1280x1024px
is this what the new shadow elves will look like?

Do they have the most epic magic and shits because chaos got their ass whooped when they tried to take the land of shadow over?

Chaos literally facerolled through all the mortal realms except the golden boy's crying hole of I lost my special hammer AND the entire realm of Shadow guarded by Shadow Elves.

Shadow Elves will be the best.

not trying to trigger anyone, swear
>>
>>51596228

Haven't played it, but I'm working on a Sylvaneth one. I can't help but feel 12 Dryads is a bad idea, yet here the idea is still there.
>>
File: wiz.jpg (48KB, 713x720px) Image search: [Google]
wiz.jpg
48KB, 713x720px
>>51599123
Just started the wizard to go with my oldschool knight questor for this.
sculpted a new face and robes with swapped out staff head.

Anyone else got any conversions for this made up yet?
>>
>>51602757
why would this 10 year old fanart of muhfetishsemendemon have any incidence of the design of shadow elves that literraly already have plenty of kits ?
>>
File: Morathi-MagaliVilleneuve.jpg (68KB, 500x682px) Image search: [Google]
Morathi-MagaliVilleneuve.jpg
68KB, 500x682px
>>51603712

duh, they have the same hat
>>
>>51603712
>literraly already have plenty of kits

>un-ironically claiming zero (possibly two) is plenty.
>>
File: 1485794125685.png (1MB, 800x622px) Image search: [Google]
1485794125685.png
1MB, 800x622px
When do I get my swarm of order murder bird(er)s ?
>>
>>51603959
>When do I get my swarm of order murder bird(er)s ?

before March. (probably sooner)
>>
>>51603988
I hope they're battleline so you can run a stormcast zoo army
>>
>>51603988
Hopefully they come out soon so we can move on to the NEXT release. I want my steam midgets!
>>
>>51604055
>implying the next battletome won't be grots
>>
>>51604118

I have always been super tempted to pick up spider grots, even back during fantasy. Tomb Kings would have been first in a heartbeat if I had the money at the time, but instead I focused on Wood Elves.

If Spider Grots get some love, then maybe I'll do it.
>>
Anyone have any experience with Spear Chukkas? I'm consider taking 2 to round out my 1k ork force.
>>
>>51604055
>Dwarves

No, other armies need a release more. You have two flavors of Dwarves to play already.
>>
>>51604853
Spider grots are really cool. Moonclan is my favorite but spiderfang is dope
>>
>>51605065
Definitely do it. They can do some nasty work
>>
>>51595227
Nurglebro reporting.

Working on my Plaguebearers at the moment, having a lot of fun with technicals.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>51605938

Wellspring! Looking good and gooey! I love that new blood technical paint too. I'm working on Ethrac's magic at the moment.
>>
>>51606633
really glad you go with nmm honestly.
the worst metallic for nurgle are the Golds with black shades.
Really dig the rust.
>>
>>51605190
What armies would you prioritise?
>>
>>51606633
That cloth on the sorcerer looking guy is excellent. I like your rust technique too, how'd you do it?

Here's my most recently finished Nurgle guy, a Lord of Plagues.
>>
>>51607575
Hmm, let's see...

>Order
-Bretonnia
-Dark Aelves
-High Aelves
-Humans
-Wood Aelves
-Seraphon
-Duardin
-Stormcast
-The rest

>Destruction
-Grots
-New faction of some sort
-Don't care after that

>Death
-Tomb Kings
-New faction of some sort
-Vampires

>Chaos
-Slaanesh
-Beastmen
-Skaven
-Slaves to Darkness
-Nurgle
-Khorne Daemons
-Khorne Bloodbound
-Flesh out Everchosen I guess?
-The rest

Probably something like that. Note that this doesn't mean they have to do all of Order first, then Destruction etc.
>>
File: 1481896942718.jpg (202KB, 955x716px) Image search: [Google]
1481896942718.jpg
202KB, 955x716px
>>51607769
I like your LoP, here is mine.
>>
>>51607806
Nice flesh, digging the spider too!

Once I've finished these plaguebearers I'll get a SC Nurgle. I promised myself I wouldn't buy new kits till the current stuff is painted otherwise it all builds up and nothing is done.

What's your Nurgle force like?
>>
>>51607869
I am just starting with Nurgle, so those ads my only Nurgle models. I want to finish what else I have left in AoS before I get a SC! Nurgle daemons box.

And if you feel like it, feel free to check out my lore for my dudes.
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY
>>
>start some daemons army
Or
>finish 40k and silver tower backlog hoping for new death release

What to do?
>>
>>51607912
I'll have a look mate. What other aos do you have?
>>
>>51607953
I play beastmen, but it's leftover from when I played WHFB a few years back. But now in AoS I want to focus on Nurgle Rotbringers and daemons
>>
>>51607950
Finish backlog.
>>
>>51607980
Do you plan on a combined force of Daemons of Nurgle and Rotbringers?
>>
>>51608263
That's the idea.
>>
>>51608283
Blightkings are pretty sweet but it's all about that Glottkin.

Do you play more casually?
>>
>>51608289
We are a pretty chill group so yeah, we play pretty casually With the exception of the Beastclaw player
>>
>>51608310
Does he bring nothing but Thundertusks or is it a list as fluffy as a dairy production line can be?
>>
>>51608327
He brings 2 thundertusks amd Yeteeis
>>
>>51608335
Could be worse I guess. How fares the Beastmen?
>>
>>51608345
i have won maybe 4-5 games in AoS in total with them. And I am up against:
>trigger happy Freeguild
>tomb kings
>Slaves to darkness
>Host of Slaneesh
>Beastclaw Raiders
>>
>>51608366
I also won a multiplayer scenario, and that was just because the Beastlaw raider player allowed me to win, because I was surrounded the entire game, but miraculously held onto the relic the entire game.
>>
>>51608366
That sounds brutal. I have Freeguild and when done right they can be devastating. How are the Tomb Kings?
>>
>>51608418
>How are the Tomb Kings?

Unkillable. But the most annoying is when he brings his Necropolis Knights. And they wreck my shit! When I do manage to kill one, he just brings it back!
>>
>>51608458
Does he know that it kills the fun of AoS by getting raped into the dirt so often? I'm all for competitive games as I do it myself but an absolute trouncing is shite.
>>
>>51608529
I haven't played against him in a while, but since I haven't won a single game against him, I would think that he could tone the army down just a little bit
>>
>>51608603
What about the Slaneesh Host?
>>
>>51599123
Is this the new 2.0 or the older one? Can't download the 2.0 version from that for some reason.
>>
>>51608671
He' said pretty chill, we are on fairly equal terms since both our armies focus on speed.
>>
>>51608708
Are you going to focus on your Nurgle or still work on backlog from WHFB?
>>
>>51608714
I don't have that much left to paint from WHFB, just a couple of bestigors and around 3-4 gors, and a balewind vortex
>>
>>51608773
I don't know much about Beastmen but I know that Balewind Vortex's are sweeeet.
>>
>>51608823
I'm still trying to figure out how to paint the vortex itself. How should I go about when I want the vortex to be green so it is tune with the Nurgle stuff?
>>
>>51608845
Dark green, mouldy, slimy base. Dirty green air swirl and a lighter green, chipped top?
>>
>>51608896
Thanks for the info
>>
>>51608956
I'd be more specific in my colours but all my painting gear is packed away.

The rusted weapons tutorial on Warhammer TV and how to paint putrid blightkings would be good inspiration for colours.
>>
Likely General's Handbook 2.0 costs for TK and Vulkites changed: Are Vulkites good with these changes? Are TK kill again?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/07/the-generals-handbook-ii-wip-points-sneak-peek/
>>
>>51609309
So both army never won a tourney, let's nerf them even more.
>>
>>51609597
Fyreslayers were buffed. They got a point reduction along the line.
>>
>>51609597
The nerfs to TK are entirely fair and I say that as a TK player.

Still makes me sad, but gives me hope for fair point rebalancing.
>>
File: GHB 2.0 teaser.png (666KB, 935x915px) Image search: [Google]
GHB 2.0 teaser.png
666KB, 935x915px
What madness be this? Nerf hammer upon thee precious Tomb Kings?
>>
File: IMG_2605.jpg (434KB, 1000x975px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2605.jpg
434KB, 1000x975px
>20 pts reduction for all units.
>20 pts reduction on nearly all hearoes
>20 to 60 pts reduction on all monsters
Not bad. Not bad at all. Enough to make them good? Probably not, but it's a step in the right direction.
>>
>>51609309
Well shit, looks like the abyssal terror is on its way back to becoming the red-headed step child of vampire lord mounts. It's a little too solid for its points as is, but it deserved a break for being the most consistently awful thing in multiple generations of VC army books.
>>
>>51609873
TK needed a nerf sure, but +100pts on the Rwarsphinx is insane. NK needed to be 200 but surely not 240.
Something needed to be done, but not of this scale.
Oh yeah and 500pts for a 8W model is kinda funny.
>>
>>51609918
It was honestly needed *and* it proves that, contrary to previous rumors, TK and, presumably, Brets are still in the book.
>>
With the hinterlands setting, how are single model units done? Like a beast of nurgle is a single model, heroes half their gold cost as half their points but I can't see anything about this matter!
>>
>Hinterlands
>Tzangor with Banner
>Pink Horrors

...does this work how I think it does?
>>
File: IMG_2606.png (3MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2606.png
3MB, 1536x2048px
>>51609987
Gee, I wonder...
>>
>>51610040
>hinterlands
>don't be a shithead
There, solved that issue for you.
>>
File: GHB 2.0 teaser compare.png (659KB, 935x915px) Image search: [Google]
GHB 2.0 teaser compare.png
659KB, 935x915px
>>51609918

now with side by side new-old points for everyone to weigh in!
>>
>>51610068
So that means things like beasts of nurgle or khorgorath or cost the same in coins as they do in points?
>>
File: cKE94dZ[1].jpg (47KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
cKE94dZ[1].jpg
47KB, 1000x750px
some progress on the shamalam.

Back shot: http://i.imgur.com/lOLpAAy.jpg?1
>>
>>51610089
VLoAT was 220 no?
>>
>>51610128
Yes.
Keep in mind that unlike heroes their wounds are not cut in half.
>>
>>51610089

lol as if anyone anywhere ever used shadowblade before anyways.

But this does mean they are looking at all the warscrolls including the characters from the compendiums!
>>
>>51610089
Any chance this may be a different kraggi? 100pts for a 3 wound 5+ save model with shit abilities doesn't seem right to me.
>>
>>51610147
youre right I copied the line above it, my bad
>>
>>51610089
Seeing the screaming skull go up and n points makes me a little worried for the state of artillery next book.
>>
File: GHB 2.0 teaser compare.png (659KB, 935x915px) Image search: [Google]
GHB 2.0 teaser compare.png
659KB, 935x915px
>>51610147
fixed

>>51610167
there is only one Kraggi in the GHB, sorry friend.
>>
>>51610231
Doesn't bother me, I play Ironjawz.

PLEASE MAKE GORE-GRUNTAS GREAT AGAIN! (or to begin with).
>>
I just hope Skyre, SE, Sayl will be also price appropriately.
>>
>>51595227
Did someone say Nurgle?

Archaon The Everchosen (320)
- General

The Glottkin (480)

Harbinger of Decay (140)
Harbinger of Decay (140)
Harbinger of Decay (140)

UNITS
3 x 30 Chaos Marauders, Flails, Damned Icon, Darkwood Shields (540)

BATTALIONS
Plaguetouched Warband (140)

1900/2000

ARCHAON! INVINCIBLE!
>>
>>51609965
Yeah this is overkill for sure

Why nerf the royal warsphinx? That one was perfectly costed.
>>
>tomb kings nerfed to shit in the next edition

But I thought Death was weak guys???
>>
File: IMG_1459.jpg (112KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1459.jpg
112KB, 600x600px
>not making a Hinterlands campaign about an innocent town that gets attacked by Fimirach on a foggy night that warps time and makes the night last forever
>>
>>51610545
>Le totally not edgy rapemurderreptiliangangbangeggpregantiomfetish campaign meme xdddddd

yeah.. who would not be happy? amiright ??
>>
>>51610607
Projecting much?
>>
>>51609935
OH BOY MY FYRESLAYERS ARE GREAT AGAIN (more like finally).

Give me points for my steelburner pack and I dont need steamhead anymore!
>>
>>51610607
How is rape edgy but murder fags and constant war from khorne not edgy?
>>
>>51610450
People had the audacity to play a no longer sold faction, this was to be expected.
>>
>>51609597
This is literally their way of telling TK players to fuck off from there wargame. This only tells us that TKs will never return and for you to move onto other, newer armies.

Mark my words.
>>
>>51610688
Khorne is pure
>>
>>51609309
Oh look, another reason for me to not get an army anytime soon...
>>
>>51609965
Necropolis Knights with the right buffs (Righteous Smiting, Settra, Vanhel's Dance, damned terrain) are probably the best unit in the game. 240 for 3 might be a little much though
>>
File: MoulderPackmaster.jpg (176KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MoulderPackmaster.jpg
176KB, 800x1000px
>>51610167
>00pts for a 3 wound 5+ save model with shit abilities doesn't seem right to me.

Packmaster says hello. Motherfucker is 3 wounds, basically no save and a mandatory unit for anyone picking moulder as opposed to some literally who tier-character

Good to see them giving a fuck and nerfing all the bullshit. i assumed the GHB2.0 would just be a reprint
>>
>>51610726
>Mark my words
You say this like its some kind of breaking news.
They wanted to give TK a final farewell, and we knot hw reads most forum, especially /tg/, what do you think was gonna happent with tk player bragging on every single forum how they can literraly 1v3 or how that necrosphinx
>killed Alarielle+Archaon+Tamurkhan+Gordrakk+ur mom in one close combat phase lel.
when a small player base like that brag on forums you have the bigger player base fhat do not play that faction that starts complaining how OP it is.
you had it comming, it's only karma.

Want another flash news ? Kunnin rukk probably wont be nerfed because it became a meme to says shit like
>Kunnin rukk is actually so easy to deal with Imao, like l2p noob, its instant loose if you field a kunnin rukk against anything but a toddler lmao.
>>
>>51610864
What does Shartor have to do with anything
>>
>>51610864
we know GW reads most forums*
>>
>>51610880
its to trigger faggot like you into giving (you).
>>
>>51610688
rape isnt edgy.
Reptilian time stopping (for more le eternal rape meme) egg laying gangbang to an "innocent" village is litterally 13years old emo tier tho.
>>
>>51610864
Trying a little to hard, dude. It's a good effort, but in the end it falls a little short.
>>
File: Hotline Janitor 2.jpg (204KB, 436x472px) Image search: [Google]
Hotline Janitor 2.jpg
204KB, 436x472px
>>51610160
>>51609309

Where were you when TombKucks were BTFO?
>>
>>51610934
I was kind of hinting at more of a lovecraftian vibe with the mist stopping time, I fail to see how you interpreted that as eternal rape rather than a spooky setting like I originally intended
>>
>>51610951
It was necessary not only because the TK were massively overpowered (they were unpopular, but extremely strong in the hands of a capable general) but also because the few units they changed were so good that you never wanted to run anything else.

It makes some of the less-used models like Ushabti, Sepulchral Stalkers, and Bone Giant more useful.

I am hoping they also nerf Hurricanums, Stonehorns, and Thundertusks.
>>
>>51610089
>royal warsphinx costs as much as a necrosphinx
dude what

RW is not anywhere close to as good as a necrosphinx
>>
File: IMG_2556.jpg (305KB, 1000x465px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2556.jpg
305KB, 1000x465px
Any news on the Vanguard Hunters' stats? I kinda wanna use three of them for my warband in the local Hinterlands trial run, mostly because I already have something close to those guys converted from prosecutors and this would give me an excuse to actually use those bastards...
>>
>>51610864
Kunnin' Rukk did nothing wrong and it IS easy to deal with. Just snipe the big boss.

Tzeentchi Rukk is mathematically and strategically better :^]
>>
File: 60572.jpg (86KB, 1024x478px) Image search: [Google]
60572.jpg
86KB, 1024x478px
>>51610815
>giving a fuck and nerfing all the bullshit

agreed.

I also infer from this that they are not dropping compendium units from 2.0 based on how they here show updated points for those units.

I think they are going to raise the points of compendium units to the point where they aren't very competitive just to move the sales and tournament scene in the direction of new lines but I saw that coming anyways.
>>
>>51611351
>draw line of sight through a whole assload of orcs
>have long-ranged guns
>have enough damage to reliable kill the boss in one go
>>
>>51611451
Cannons, BCR. Ironjawz (well, wiping out the orruk archers anyways), etc. etc.
>>
>>51610815
>except that a packmaster is 60pt so nearly half the price.
>>
>>51610951

I know right?

Watch the prices of that plastic TK shit free fall on ebay in the next week as word of this gets around.
>>
>>51611706
Still too expensive for something that costs a hero slot and can be sniped by even one arcane bolt or the most minimal missile fire

Packmasters are almost half the pts of a normal hero only a quarter as tough, and when they all die your moulder force is done
>>
>>51611451
>artillery, magic, or abilities that ignore line of sight
>battleshock
>>
>>51611801
Moulder needs a better 'Arch-Moulder. But I don't see a problem with them being the weak point of the faction since that makes thematic sense. Also, don't forget that you can take Stormfiends in pure Moulder lists.
>>
>>51611858
>killing a hero with battleshock
>>
>>51611910
>he doesnt know about Lord Kroak
>>
>>51609935
It is likely enough to squeeze in an extra character or two per army, which is handy for Fyreslayers, since that is where their strength is.
>>
I know everyone goes for the Hurricanum, but I could myself using a griffon and luminark for a fluffy bret army from Hysh. Are they any good? Ruleswise they seem to me like a giant sniper rifle, and a nice horde-puncher spell.
>>
>>51605938
I was planning on using nurgles rot for the guts but this has me second guessing myself
>>
>>51611910
>5 bravery orcs in a horde
>lose effectively 6 shots a model
>only effective as long as the squad is 20+
It's not hard, Anon.
>>
maneaters or ironguts?
ironguts deal 1 extra damage. but maneaters have 1 extra attack and 3+ to hit instead of 4+

ironguts have 4+ armour save but maneaters also have a shooting weapon that averages 2 damage.

maneaters have a specialty they can choose. which most likely will be that they can run and charge or reroll 1's in close combat to hit.
ironguts can reroll all 1's to hit and wound and save 1 time every game.

also i was looking at golfag as a hero. but he doesnt get a specialty which isnt a problem unless you pick can run and charge. in which case it becomes a big problem.

overall i think maneaters might be better. it really depends how good that 4+ save turns out to be.
>>
>>51592972
This anon is right.

Depends on your local meta. If you're facing a lot of hode/multi-unit armies, take the sunfire thrower. If you have hero or monster heavy meta, take the balista.
>>
>>51594532

If you've got the skill, you can magnetize stegadons to include all three options. It's what I did to one of my stegadons (before I sold it). It's worth it if you want to save time and are willing to put in a little more time in kitting it out.
>>
What ranged unit should I add to my ironjawz? Not a huge fan of the savage orcs with bows, are there any other options?
>>
What's a decent starter airbrush kit? I don't want a piece of shit but also don't want to break the bank. Looking to spend between $100-200
>>
>>51612921
Go on eBay, find on of the 110-120 dollar listings that have a compressor, tank (important!), and brush.

That's what I did and I'm glad I did, though I might be upgrading to a better brush soon.

Also, a spray cleaning pot is a mandatory 20 dollar upgrade. Get one off amazon.
>>
>Try making my own Stormhost with a unique color scheme of silver, purple, and gold.
>See that there's already one very similar to it in the battletome, the Blades of Dawn
>Only difference is they use a darker shade of silver and a little white on they symbols

Well, I was having trouble with a name anyway, and these guys have only a sentence of lore to their name anyway, so it works out.
>>
>>51605065
>Anyone have any experience with Spear Chukkas?
/pol/ pls leave
We call them People of color nowadays.
>>
>>51613502
>>
>>51610815
I've never played Skaven/compendium dwarfs, so I went and looked this up.

There is no way in HELL that Kraggi is worth 100 points, especially if a Packmaster is 60. Literally the ONLY thing Kraggi is there for is to make Thorek able to use 2 Runes.

Kraggi 1" Move, 5+ Save, 7 Bravery, 3 Wounds. 1 attack at 1", 4+/5+/-/1. Can make 3 attacks in 1" of Thorek, can unbind 1 spell per turn (reroll if you're younger than your opponent, oh boy!).

Packmaster 6" Move, 6+ Save, 5 Bravery, 3 Wounds. 3 different attack options, all with 2" range:
3 attacks at 3+/4+/-/1, 2 attacks at 4+/4+/-/D3, or 1 attack at 4+/3+/-1/3.
Can pick one Moulder units per turn to get +1 run, charge, and hit in melee, can cause 1 mortal wound per turn in 3" on a 5+, and Moulder units in 6" always double their Bravery.

You're seriously trying to tell me those are equal? Like yes they'll both die quick...but at least one of those has a possibility of doing anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>51607769

I like it anon! Dark green armor was a good choice. I also considered a patina similar to your axe on my own dudes, but I decided to paint my entire army completely in the "warm" side of the color wheel.

I like to think that your eyes starve for a refreshing splash of blue or cool grey, and it's nowhere to be found.

>>51607806
That axe looks gross. I like how you put slime and blood.

Here's my LoP. Note he still needs green stuff work. I count the tumor as a Crown of Command.
>>
>>51613029

Thanks, anon. I have $80 in amazon gift cards so I may grab a new kit and pay the difference.
>>
>>51610231

Are there any previews for Warriors of Chaos or Beastmen?
>>
>>51610132

Really liking the feathers bud. The red skin is great. Love me some beastmens.
>>
>>51611351
You are right. the boss should have a 2+ look out sir.
>>
>>51614020
Real talk, every sub 6 wound hero on foot should be able to join a unit or have an honor guard or something. Hero sniping just seems too good with shit like Kurnoths, Beastclaw, and Skyfires everywhere.
>>
>>51613612
>You're seriously trying to tell me those are equal?

Not gonna lie i just replied hastily because i saw the kneejerk "Oh fuck muh dwarfs have to suffer with this 3 wound slightly overcost hero" and my first thought was "Fuck you for whining, Moulder's entire army hangs upon shitty underpowered heroes". They both suck but Kraggi is some obscure special character no one honestly cares about (Can anyone here even picture the model in their mind?) and the other is a weak lynchpin of a faction that cannot stand on it's own

The short of it is ANY hero under 5 wounds is a stupid idea. Buff Kraggi up to 5 wounds and throw a 4+ save on him since he's a dwarf after all and leave him at 100 pts. Packmasters should be boosted to 5 wounds, possibly given a 5+ save and brought up to 80pts, so they are more like Plague priests
>>
>>51614193
Like I said, I don't play compendium dwarfs or skaven moulder, so I plead ignorance of how they work in the finer strategic points.
That said kneejerks are understandable and everything you said sounds good to me.
>>
>>51614185
Shit can't shoot at your heroes if it cannot draw Los to it. A pack master in a unit of Ogres shouldn't be shot at if placed properly.
>>
File: starlight-titan.jpg (1MB, 3303x4671px) Image search: [Google]
starlight-titan.jpg
1MB, 3303x4671px
Really want a sauropod model for my seraphon, so put this together. Thoughts?
>>
File: IMG_1451.jpg (111KB, 1429x1003px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1451.jpg
111KB, 1429x1003px
>>51614834
>custom warscroll rules
>>
>>51614834
Take Chaos Mammoth, change name and keywords, done.
>>
>>51614861
I wouldn't play with it, I just think its fun to put things together
>>
>>51614834
>huge flat damage everywhere
>Command Ability
>permanent +1 to wound for EVERYTHING
>utter bullshit unlimited range bravery scream
>summon value: 9+
>a billion other nonsense
Dude. Just... dude. I mean, c'mon.
>>
>>51614834
I for one am glad you don't design warscrolls.
>>
>>51614834
Out of sheer, morbid curiosity I gotta ask: How many points?
>>
>tfw all you want is a Troggoth/troll army
>will never see enough support to happen
>>
>>51591829
I'm already constructing a Host of Slaanesh/Daughter of Khaine army. Send nude models.
>>
>>51615015

>>51614971
Mathematically he isn't hitting much harder than ogres, despite the fat damage numbers. Plus with a high theoretical points cost it's one hell of a sink
>>
>>51614834
You don't hang out on mtgcardsmith, by any chance?
>>
>>51615101
No, never played mtg.
>>
File: 1486480005653.jpg (103KB, 634x709px) Image search: [Google]
1486480005653.jpg
103KB, 634x709px
How the fuck does AoS work?

As in what factions are there? It just looks like any faction can have units of another faction as long as it's in the "Order" or "Chaos" category etc.

Never played this.
>>
File: AOS Rules.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
AOS Rules.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51615149
>>
>>51615075
>isn't hitting much harder than ogres
I don't know many ogres that reach out to 36" with a 2+/1+ Rend -3 Damage 6 punch. Nor do I know any that have six shots with 2+/2+ Damage 3 out to 30" or eight shots at 4+/3+ Rend -2 Damage2 shots, both of which reroll 1s to hit.
Very few ogres have an ability that causes a huge bravery debuff to an entire army, either.
>>
>>51615149
The rules are four fucking pages. FOUR!
Is that too much reading for you?
>>
>>51612334
My standard 2k list has 400 pts extra to spend if this goes through. Shame I have already maxxed-out my hero allotment, otherwise I'd add another runeson on magmadroth, but that's still an entire unit of 20 vulkites and another ten hearthguard berserkers.
>>
>>51615149
You can use any models you want, although if you go too far outside a theme, you will generally lose synergy.
>>
>>51615060
its pretty strong already, especially 1000 to 1k5 points
>>
>>51614797
except with flying move 25" range 24 ele ated hero sniper... aka skyfire
>>
>>51615631
Even then I doubt it. Packmasters are tiny and skyfires are not *that* high up, not even when close by.
>>
>>51615663
What about other heroes, which was the point of my post.
>>
>>51615060
you just have to take 20x2 gro archer and you are good to go for 1k points honestly.
Battleline is the only thing they cannot do and its srill pretty cheap and somewhat fluffy to have small gobbos slaves to fill the battlelines.
The troggoth hero is already a fuckstrong antimagic beast
>>
>>51615149

There are four official factions (referred to in AoS as a Grand Allegiance): Order, Chaos, Destruction, and Death.

All of the old models are still viable (even the squatted armies like TK and Bretts) and will in one of these four broad categories. Taking an army comprised of all units/models from one grand allegiance will let you take a few helpful bonuses (these include a general army ability, artifacts for heroes--like magic equipment in old editions--and a general command ability).

This means that you can mix and match models from different armies and still get bonuses so long as they are a part of the same grand allegiance (So you could take a bunch of Lizardmen with some High Elve, Dwarve, and Empire units if you want to).

They still retain some of their old 'army specific' bonuses if you field armies all from the same battletome(read: Codex/Army Book). So if I take a pure lizardmen/seraphon list, their rules interact a lot better with each other rather than if i have a mixed list.

Most synergy and combos are done more by Keywords now, as each model/unit comes with a set of keywords at the bottom of their warscroll. So certain abilities, spells, etc. will affect only specific models/units with a certain keyword.

In short, you can pretty much bring whatever you want as long as they are from the same Grand Allegiance
>>
>>51615694
Troll Hag is amazingly awesome if you can pull off her full set of abilities well.
>>
File: Hello darkness my old friend.png (792KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hello darkness my old friend.png
792KB, 1360x768px
Have been away since the last rumour leak (fancy bit with mechanical lock). Did I miss something?
>>
>>51591829
Yes.
>>
>>51616086
Huge fyreslayer point reduction,
Unified tzeentch book, 3rd battletome stormcast comming next week.
>>
Look forward to the upcoming Huge Malerion model and Shadow Order Daemonettes in July.
>>
>>51616177
"shadow order"
You kidding right ? it will be chaos.
sigmar rules order and theres no way he isn't gong to smash Maleshit in 2 second if he goes into order.
>>
>>51616172
>3rd battletome stormcast comming next week
I thought it was before maybe-dwarf rumour. Thanks
>>
>>51615075
>740

no. 1480 points, maybe. (double)

This thing you made is stupid and should never be on a table.
>>
>>51615740
You don't have to pick from the same Grand Allegiance, you just won't have the ability to use artefacts or bonus command traits
>>
>>51616177
Source
>>
>>51616086
The biggest news was todays reveal of the Fyreslayers point costs in the GHB, with price cuts to the tune of ~20% for almost everything.
Also, Battletome Stormcast got delayed a week, apparently.
>>
>>51616294
>with price cuts to the tune of ~20% for almost everything
By price you mean point costs or their store prices?
>>
>>51616270
technically if you're doing pitched you DO
>>
>>51610167
Im thinking it will be a reworked fyreslayer kraggi.
>>
File: d914ab_5853703.jpg (139KB, 1024x537px) Image search: [Google]
d914ab_5853703.jpg
139KB, 1024x537px
>>51616177
and Morathi the queen of skimpy outifts
>>
>>51616350
>store prices
You crack me up, anon.
>>
>>51614193
Being able to buy more then one packmaster and only count as one hero slot would help. So would allowing any skaven to take masterclan and not count towards allegiance
>>
>>51616402
Yes, alongside the reworked fyreslayer Shadowblade, right? After all, mercenary berserker dwarves are well-known for their autistic elven assassins, especially when those have been dead for a million years.
>>
>>51616211
>>51602757
>>
>>51616466
Hey, stormies are getting a 38% reduction on the liberators, judicators and prosecutors. One can dream.
>>
File: 1464762385.jpg (288KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1464762385.jpg
288KB, 768x1024px
>>51616496
>autistic elven assassins

I laughed.

But for serious that was obviously just a way to signal to everyone they are looking at all the units for balance not just new armies and not just the things people think are OP.

Also elves when?
>>
>>51616466
Well, stormcast just got some boxes price cut by 37%.
>>
>>51615740
>Most synergy and combos are done more by Keywords now, as each model/unit comes with a set of keywords at the bottom of their warscroll. So certain abilities, spells, etc. will affect only specific models/units with a certain keyword.

Forgot to add that a lot of the list tailoring and improved bonuses come from battalions in AoS. These are essentially pre-determined mini-lists which when taken and paid for grant the models/units in the battalion a special bonus. All factions have at least one battlion but some have an absurd amounts of them (these are typically the ones given battletomes so far). These battlions range from fantastic to shit, so their mileage varies depending on who you're playing.
>>
>>51616675
Only rumored as of yet, right? We haven't seen any actual price lists for the new stuff as far as I know.
Not that I would mind those cheaper Judicators and Liberators, though I'm mostly good on either.
>>
>>51616863
Some guys on TGA rumour thread reported $62 for these, coming from thier FLGS. No hard sources, but it's pretty plausible considering it's also the confirmed cost of 10 of the new Vanguard Hunters.
>>
>>51613846
Thanks!

Yeah I always liked the beastman models, but these tzaangor really are something else.
>>
>>51616982
It seems like a sensible assumption. Boxes of tens make more sense for those anyway, though I wonder if that will have any influence on their MIN sizes and cost. A min 10 Liberators at 180pts (like Chaos Warriors or 'ard Boys) would be pretty neat.
That said, I'm unusually annoyed that I only recently bought two boxes of Judicators and Prosecutors each; but this makes no sense, I tend to buy my models without giving a shit about their price. Why does it bother me now?
>>
File: Mistweaver-Saih.jpg (171KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Mistweaver-Saih.jpg
171KB, 960x960px
Whenever we get an elf faction update, I hope they resemble the Mistweaver's aesthetic. I love how it looks.
>>
>>51608458
this guy's an idiot,
>>
File: IMG_20170207_233233_01.jpg (326KB, 1112x1115px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170207_233233_01.jpg
326KB, 1112x1115px
First color test for my tomb king. How does it look? I kinda like it.
>>
>>51617530
How'd you do it? Looks great
>>
>>51617530
I like it, common but nice scheme. I'm a boring person so I would probably go with necron silver-green
>>
>>51617566
>>51617582
Thanks.
Vallejo electric blue
old gold+sepia wash
Mournfang brown then rhinox hide for the bottom brown.
Highlights on the damages.
>>
>>51599123
When playing Hinterlands, would using a Knight-Venator be too much? I love the model and I have it lying around from the Silver Tower expansion, but I feel picking a hero with that many super-long-ranged shots and that mobility might be a bit too much...
>>
>>51618364
Star fated arrow could be really busted in games of that scale
>>
>>51618830
>>51618830
>>51618830
New thread
>>
>>51614193
Funny part? I don't play Dorfs, you retard. Which you'd have known if you'd actually read the whole damn set of comments.
>>
>>51591091
Ditto to this. I'm guessing the Storm Cast Battletome got pushed back?
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.