[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 55

File: ZomboMeme 30012017190021.jpg (753KB, 1250x1667px) Image search: [Google]
ZomboMeme 30012017190021.jpg
753KB, 1250x1667px
What the hell is that! edition

>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Old thread:
>>51456310
>>
File: s-l300 (1).jpg (14KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300 (1).jpg
14KB, 225x300px
Skaven made to order when?
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 800x622px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 800x622px
The fuck are these things?

As blue birds, shouldn't they be on the Roidrage's side?
>>
File: IMG_1649.jpg (26KB, 218x232px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1649.jpg
26KB, 218x232px
>>51474193
It's your mother
>>
File: IMG_1413.jpg (22KB, 640x137px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1413.jpg
22KB, 640x137px
Hyyyyype
>>
File: IMG_2573.jpg (308KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2573.jpg
308KB, 900x1200px
>>51474265
They're called Aetherwings, I think. Alongside Gryph-hounds they are allies to the Stormcast.
>>
>>51474265
Theyre the same eagles that the Knight Venator uses
>>
File: IMG_2574.jpg (396KB, 1200x1194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2574.jpg
396KB, 1200x1194px
Can't wait to get my hands on these fuckers. If the rumors are true and they are Battleline my dreams of a full cavalry stormcast army might come true yet.
>>
>>51474321
Actually, no. The Venator is accompanied by a Star-eagle instead.
>>
File: image.jpg (441KB, 1000x904px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
441KB, 1000x904px
>>51474320

Okay but those are some seriously Tzeentch themed models. Mostly because of the paint scheme in the case of the bluebirds, but I mean...

>Lanky hairless freak mount
>Bird head
>Hooves and horns
>Mutant second tail
>>
File: IMG_2575.jpg (292KB, 1005x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2575.jpg
292KB, 1005x1000px
These guys are NOT the new Judicators. They're called Raptor Snipers and fulfil the job of long-range fire support.
This is them with Hurricane Crossbows...
>>
File: IMG_2558.jpg (185KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2558.jpg
185KB, 800x450px
..and this is them with Longstrike Crossbows, who supposedly have 36" range.
>>
>>51474374
Meanwhile the only Tzeentch model that has any of those features is Roidrage Traumaturd.
>>
>>51474374
The paint scheme here is very impressive from a technical stand point but I would never paint birds to look like this. It clashes with the armored rider too much.

>>51474417
Makes me think that Tzeentch was corrupting the stormcast birds all along
>>
File: image.png (5MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5MB, 1536x2048px
What is with the allegiance system walling basic shit off? There's plenty of Chaos sub factions that could make use of these, or generic cool shit like Slaughterbrutes and such.
>>
>>51474394
I prefer stormcast with the eagle decoration to the lion decoration. I wish I'd had the foresight to leave the lion-face armour pieces off wherever possible so I could do a full force of eagle warriors.
>>
File: IMG_2572.jpg (304KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2572.jpg
304KB, 900x1200px
Also, like the new Hunters (boring name, by the by) Liberators and Judicators are being repackaged into boxes of ten and Prosecutors into boxes of six.
>>
>>51474449
You can just use Chaos allegiance instead of a specific one
>>
File: IMG_2564.png (947KB, 978x883px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2564.png
947KB, 978x883px
>>51474436
Anon has made some cool edits.
>>
Don't forget to oil your gryphs, Anon.
>>
>>51474449
Generic Chaos allegiance is a thing. Use it.
>>
>>51474527

Yes, but specific factions get wildly better bonuses. You can only take hounds or Slaughterbrutes in a generic Chaps allegiance.

Compromising on theme for bonuses? That's Waac as shit.
>>
>>51474265
Why are they bullying this guy? First surrounded by Griffon riders and now vicious birds.
>>
>>51474580
Its not compromising for theme, its literally the opposite.

If you stick to a faction you get bonuses for using that faction.
>>
File: IMG_2570.jpg (304KB, 1200x893px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2570.jpg
304KB, 1200x893px
>new prayers instead of spells
More reasons to field a Lord-Veritant and mybe a reason to occasionally bring out the Lord-Relictor.
>new relics and command traits
Those will need to be really good to pull even with the generic Order relics and command traits (Relic Blade and Reckless in particular)
>traits for fucking mounts
I have no idea how that will work.
>>
>>51474620

Yes it bloody is, plenty of the more generic models fit into multiple themes.

It's meant to encourage theming, but it narrows way too far.
>>
>>51474645
>50 dollars
?????
>>
Don't the Stormcast have enough models already

I bet next they will give us more Khorne models because why not
>>
>>51474661
If you dont do theming bonuses by faction then how else could you possibly give bonuses for it? Its too open ended to do it any other way.

You still get the generic Chaos allegiance bonuses. The only thing you miss out is a few battleline choices

It's like you're complainining you can't mix chaos hounds into Tzeentch because MY HEADCANON THEME REEEEEEE
>>
File: Shreks_are_like_pepes.jpg (89KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
Shreks_are_like_pepes.jpg
89KB, 500x514px
>Battlelines with giant Crossbows
>Cavarly with repeating Crossbows
>Scouts with pistol Crossbows
>Unit with sniper Crossbows

Goddamit GW, I don't want to, but now I HAVE to buy a Stormcast army.

Crossbow is love
Crossbow is life
>>
>>51474618
Because can take it, because he has the Hero keyword.
>>
>>51474700

I'm complaining because every time I look into this bloody game to give it a chance it looks more restrictive than Fantasy and more WAAC than 40k.
>>
>>51474753
So the game is more restrictive because you dont get specific bonuses for using chaos warhounds and blightkings together?

Fuck off retard
>>
>>51474753
In what manner? A few battleline units? Allegiance you don't need to adhere to?
>>
>>51474661
Except for battlelines its moot since only tzeentch has its own thing for chaos
>>
>>51474580
>Compromising on theme for bonuses? That's Waac as shit.
What? No, what you're demanding 'gimme unit X with bonus Y even though they don't belong together because it maximizes my killingness' is WAAC as shit.
>>
>>51474645
>Price back to €40
Pity, I'd hoped they stopped that when the Tzeentch battletome was back to the good old €25.
>>
>>51474709
Don't forget the crossbow-wielding dragon riders and the tri-barrel crossbow guys.
>>
>>51474832

Nah, I'm claiming everyone should be on even ground. Free bonuses for all, or for nobody. Saying "You need to not take anything from any of the tiny supplementary factions with no battleline of their own, or you don't get nice things" is horse manure encouragement to grab bonuses.

>>51474775

The dogs are just an easy to grasp example, because they used to be part of more than one army, and now belong to none of the factions that have battleline.

This kinda shit is gonna become -hugely- more apparent once we have a larger number of battletomes which get nice things for sticking to a shortlist of units.
>>
File: IMG_1713.jpg (19KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1713.jpg
19KB, 160x160px
>>51474854
This is getting retarded
>>
So can someone explain Allegience to me? If I run a Legion of Azgorh army, can I not have access to Chaos Allegience?
>>
What would you all say works as a GW-friendly alternative to the Blood Knight models, seeing as how they're butt-ass expensive (and apparently no longer available)? Black Knights are an obvious choice, but I'm already planning to have them in my army, so I'd need them to be visually distinct.
>>
>>51474982
The GHB explains it very clearly
>>
>>51474193
>Nah, I'm claiming everyone should be on even ground. Free bonuses for all, or for nobody.

Which is exactly how it is? If you don't stick to an allegiance you still get the grand Alliance bonuses.

The incentive for playing with a subfaction is that your bonuses are more appropriate for the subfaction instead of generic.
>>
>>51474984
Get Dragon Princes/Blades, paint them red, done.
That's what nearly all vampire players used to do.
>>
>>51474917
You are aware we have the common Grand Allegiance boni, right? And most of those are actually pretty good.
>>
>>51474984

>>51475028
This

Used to run VC in WHFB, the dragon princes are your best alternative to blood knights unless you wanna try convert some stuff from other cavalry units.
>>
>>51473999
rather then banner and engineer. More clanrats and packmaster..

Shock gauntlets 4 attacks doing d6 hits each on a 4+ (packmaster, lord of war)

Warbringer is able to use clanrats with larger size to great effect

Crown and packmaster picks up the slack for battleshock

Warpgrinder can do any skaven unit, while the stormvermin are best for more scenarios, maybe you'd like to use a hero with skaven keyword, clanrats or even Stormfiends and you need 3 teams for battalion
>>
Im pretty new, but ive picked up the fleash eater courts box, and made the crypt ghast courtier. I now have 9 crypt ghouls, did i do it wrong, where can i grab a single crypt ghoul.
>>
>>51474449
What I want to know is why tf Centigors aren't Brayherd.
>>
>>51475240
Use the crypt ghost courtier as the leader of a ghoul unit. But bits off eBay. I highly suggest making a ghoul courtier out of the tiny flayer wings in a crypt horror box and a bloodletter body. Add ghoul claws and head to taste.
>>
>>51474686
Khorne player here, I hope so. With all of this meta leaning towards fast armies, my guys need some help.

Duardin, Death and Aelfs can go first and I wont complain, though.
>>
>>51474921
The line between awesome and retarded is a very thin one.

That's basically what Warhammer and 40k are all about.
>>
File: Kchin-e1485710751743.jpg (250KB, 1000x425px) Image search: [Google]
Kchin-e1485710751743.jpg
250KB, 1000x425px
Which artist is this? They've been producing some great stuff for all the new releases but GW still have their weird no personal credit policy going on.

It looks like a mix of Blanche and Alex Pardee .Not unfamiliar, but certainly different to most of GWs artwork to date.
>>
Played a few first games today with my stormcast, and I have a few questions.

First of how does one deal with range weapon armed opponents. Played one game vs free humans, and one game vs another storm cast player. Both times got wrecked by their shoting. With the Stormcasts I at least had some models left after he landed, but vs the musket and crossbow armed dudes, I was just dead on turn 2, never reaching any melee.

My second question is about the leaders. First how does one protect ones own leader. they seem to be sniped very easy. And second how does one recognise opponents leaders without having a GW catalog or memorising it. the orc player I played against just gave me the list, and then said he doesn't have to tell me which one of his dudes is the leader models, it is my job to know models from all factions.

And the third thing is about the points system. Now I know that the non full model units still cost if they were full, which imo sucks, but is there some balancing thing. Non of the units of the starter box came at the proper number of models, so even if am technicly playing give points game I actualy have almost 200pts less. Am trying to find something in the general hand book, which would give me a chance against optimised lists.

And last thing how do I kill big monsters that summon other big monsters. the last guy I played today was a demon player, and he said that he is going to give me a chance after being trashed all day. He deployed only one model, although it was big, and then just kept summoning another one each turn. When I actualy got to the objective on turn 3, he had 9 big monsters. He charged me and wiped me out.All I manged is to do some wounds here and there.
>>
>>51475028
>>51475141
Oh, yeah, definitely works. Thanks, anons.
>>
File: 1378495492476.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1378495492476.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>51475446
kevin chin, appeared on warhammer's tv twitch last week, the quality is hit or miss but generally he's becoming one of my favorite artists left at GW due to his sheer madness in composition and detailing over realism and clarity.

I don't remember an earlier work of his prior to some artworks for the 6th edition of 40k.
>>
>>51475462
What kind of hellish place do you play
Also whats in your army? I'm going to assume from your post you have the Stormcast from the starter set.

Being inside terrain will save your guys from being shot to pieces, although im wondering how they managed to do enough damage in only turn of shooting.

People do have to declare which model is their general, that guy is being a dick. It's good sportsmanship to give a quick rundown of what your fielding in your army.

They intentionally dicked you in the starter set so you'd have to buy more models. The Get started box has the models you need to make up the numbers or you can buy the two extra Retributors seperatly in a set or in the Storm or Sigmar set that comes with three Liberators aswell.

A wizard will give you a chance to unbind spells if he is summoning shit, your liberators are alright at killing monsters. If you were playing match play theres a limit to how many big monsters you can summon.
>>
File: battle-of-the-amazons.jpg (123KB, 1079x800px) Image search: [Google]
battle-of-the-amazons.jpg
123KB, 1079x800px
>>51475593
I also like that he is clearly someone who trained as an artist, rather than a designer.
This picture for example might SEEM chaotic in it's composition but it's a perfectly balances image in terms of having content in areas of focus.

Alot of the early AOS artwork looked like it was done by the digital design guys and had no sense of weight, the composition looked like what someone who didn't really get composition would think is good, and everything was sort of flat and still.

If there is one thing GW has always been top in it's artwork, and since blanche retired as head of the art department there has been a noticeable drop off in quality. Hopefully it goes back up soon.
>>
>>51475462
Sounds like you were playing a slow melee list. They get countered easily by shooting armies. You need fast units to beat shooting units.

>First how does one protect ones own leader
Hide him behind units or terrain to block line of sight.

>And second how does one recognise opponents leaders without having a GW catalog or memorising it
Ask your opponent which model is their general

>Non of the units of the starter box came at the proper number of models,
Most boxes that come out these days come in proper squad sizes. If they don't it's because they are very old models (Saurus Warriors, Dryads) and the sprues are from like 2002, or they were released before the GHB standardized sizes.
>>
File: armylist.jpg (55KB, 290x583px) Image search: [Google]
armylist.jpg
55KB, 290x583px
Would this work?
Also can you summon blue horrors you keep in reserve to spawn from pink horrors dying, and summon from that same reserve pool? I was thinking mainly like last turn objective taking by summoning them or something
>>
>>51475004
SO could I use a Blackshard Warhost Battalion buff and also have Chaos allegiance
>>
>>51474270
Is that a fucking electro heart Pepe?

How rare
>>
>>51475747
the problems with GW art lately are that they demand the most complete ownership possible over the art produced, driving off numerous artists, and that they are pumping out products at an alarming rate, requiring artists to favor rapidity over being meticulous.

with the above premises (or at least, the second) they simply can't improve the quality of the pieces: among the really good artists left there's the man behind pic related and you can see it's not a work of limited by talent, but time (I know one talent is to work fast, but you can understand)
>>
Stormcast player here - I like our new stuff.

Stormcast didn't have any models until release. Then in July and August of 2015 they got a full line.

Then 8 months later in March of 2016 they got two new models.

Now 11 months later they are getting a new book and I assume 6 new boxes.

Vanguard on foot, Vanguard on gryph chargers, gryph hounds, sniper stormcasts, falcons, and lord on gryph charger.

People are complaining that their factions aren't getting anything but keep in mind:

Stormcasts replaced Space marines in front of the HQ. Of course they will be well supported, they are the new main faction of AoS.

Secondly, there were several releases between each of the new stormcast books:

Khorne Bloodbound
Sylvaneth
Orruks
Flesh Eater Courts
Tzeentch
Savage Orruks
Everchosen
Fyreslayers
Seraphon

It's not like other armies haven't been getting attention.
>>
>>51475976
the best artist left in GW overall, though, is undoubtedly paul dainton.
>>
>>51474276
What did you buy anon?
>>
>>51475976
Indeed. It's also the reason they've made the switch almost wholly to digital artwork. Obviously most companies use it now due to time constraints (and I'm glad they haven't gone full wyrd and just started colouring in renders.) But GW used to be one of very few employers of classically trained painters. I remember going to an exhibition at nottingham castle of the art of warhammer and it was full of huge canvases and detailed drawings. The existence of the artworks as actual physical things only added to the richness of the setting in my opinion.

Maybe once they've got AOS down, got the factions built up and given each one a new visual style, then we'll see the artists given a little more freedom to create actual oil works or narrative pieces not based solely on models.
>>
>>51475462
- Get ranged troops yourself, invest in some fast units or deploy as a Lightning Strike-capable battalion.
- Hide him in a unit (true line of sight!) or behind terrain if he's too big. As for recognizing models, it's common courtesy to tell your opponent what is what before the game.
- The only non-full unit SC can get are Retributors. Grab the Easy to Build: Retributors kit to fill them up. No two ways about it.
- That last point sounds like he cheated big time. Read up on the basic rules and the General's Handbook.
>>
>>51475999
stfu faggot, go back to 40k
>>
>>51475999
>999
>Tzeentchi tricks
Let's ignore 90% of the factions have less than 5 models or are literally unplayable.
>>
>>51475976
>driving off numerous artists,
Good thing, the new blood can finally have a job and most of them are very talented

>and that they are pumping out products at an alarming rate, requiring artists to favor rapidity over being meticulous.
Except, you know, the battletome are at least completed a year before they are actually sold
>>
>>51475732
I have the start collecting set. There was enough terrain, some impassible towers and buildings, but also smaller stuff that gave cover. also some walls and trees.

God to know about the leader thing. I will be sure to mention when I play the orc player again.

>If you were playing match play theres a limit to how many big monsters you can summon.
I think it was some other sort of game. He even told me to not worry about points etc.

>Most boxes that come out these days come in proper squad sizes.
I had 2 retributors in my box, and the minimum size is 5 I think. Same with the prosecutors.
>>
>>51475999
>Stormcasts replaced Space marines in front of the HQ. Of course they will be well supported, they are the new main faction of AoS.

And everyone who doesn't play Space Marines in 40k hates the amount of attention Marines get over everyone else there as well.
>>
I've been on the edge about starting this game. I tried it at GW and it was amusing enough and, very importantly, fast. I'm also liking some of the recent models.

However, I dislike the fact that everything wounds in the same way. I also hear that Death is not so great and I have some skeletons lying around from when I wanted to play WHFB.

Is it worth getting into?
>>
>>51476106
Well, to that I say - deal with it.
>>
>>51476078
Wow you are a faggot.
It's age of stormcast, stormcast have to be the top 1 army with the best support and best models that do everything better than all other army you know ?
I mean why would you play anything else ?
battletome is a YEAR is clearly not enough, I wanted 4 battletome per month.
I mean they only have 4 times more kits than every other allegiance out there bro, they need 15-20 times more new plastic kits

I hope we got bataillon that give free unit that deeptrike all over the table because Stormcast are clearly bad right now. Having them play 10 or 12 FREEturns before the opponent can react is literally fluffy and and what they need right now.
And i clearly don't say that because I play stormcast, i mean pretty much everyone is okay with that
>>
>>51476064
Yeah, but he is larger then other stormcast models. so it is always possible to draw line of sight to him.

Is there a way to add range weapons to liberators? Right now I don't have the cash to buy more models.
>>
>>51476127
>However, I dislike the fact that everything wounds in the same way.
Just like in 40k or Whfb, except here they got rid of the tables
>>
>>51475462
Last guy cheated,
take a warrior brotherhood and you can win against the others tho
>>
>>51476174
Imagine being this mad, and this much of a loser to type it all

Really makes you wonder
>>
File: IMG_1404.jpg (64KB, 640x859px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1404.jpg
64KB, 640x859px
>>51476041
>>
>>51476189
Anon, how old are you? You make me think you're some 15 year old poorfag who spent his Christmas money on a hobby in which the only people you can find a WHFB grognards.

I just feel so sorry for you. Why didn't you do any research before you bought the starter? Why is everyone you play with huge assholes?
>>
>>51476094
>Good thing, the new blood can finally have a job and most of them are very talented

Except when they get people who only know digital and haven't had any training of formal theory. Then you end up decreasing the artwork quality across the board.
All of them are of course very technically talented but some of them clearly need to actually study painting and working from life, rather than working entirely digitally from renders and pre existing model templates.
>>
I played and collected 40K back in the late 90's early 00's but lost interest.

I found some old models, which made me think about the hobby again, and now I'd love to get into AOS.

Considering getting one of three "Start Collecting!" sets = Stormcast Eternals, Malignants or Sylvaneth.

Is there any super obvious advantages to one over the other or is it a case of "pick whatever you like the look of"? (p.s. I really like all three though).
>>
>>51476127
>However, I dislike the fact that everything wounds in the same way.

They simple shifted the paradigm on number of wounds instead of chance to wound.

It's more simple and it offer the same variance.

An attack with S4 against a model with T6 and 1 wound is statistically the same as an attack that wound on 4+ against a 3 wound model.

In both cases you need 6 attack to kill him on average.
>>
>>51476290
>Considering getting one of three "Start Collecting!" sets = Stormcast Eternals, Malignants or Sylvaneth.

The one remotely useful there is the sylvaneth, with the stormcast being the worst
>>
>>51476254
I'm jelly.
>>
>>51476290
Depends on your local meta/group style. Play Trees or Sigmarines if you want to win. Pick anything else as long as you don't have any delusions of competitive play and your local scene values fun.

Malignants aren't even a full faction. They aren't bad, per say. They just aren't as good when you start looking at the competition ceiling. Remember, you can always scale down a good army's power. It's hard to scale up a bad army.
>>
File: IMG_1771.jpg (69KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1771.jpg
69KB, 512x512px
>>51475917
>>
>>51476094
>Except, you know, the battletome are at least completed a year before they are actually sold
one of the artists commented on one of the pieces for the seraphon getting finished less than 6 months before release; without considering that the time between completeness and release is largely irrelevant compared to the time frame between one book and the next which must be either done contemporarily or with a difference of a few months to keep up with the schedule.
>>
>>51476270
I was told that stormcast are cheapest to start with, and they were cheaper then any warhammer 40000 army. I also have to do it, because describe your hobby is part of a project for school. As if the people here are asholes, they don't seem to be different from any other type of people.

>>51476324
Nice. Three threads ago, people were saying that the stormcast starter was good.
>>
>>51476425

It comes with two Hammer Paladins, hilariously just kinda blithely assuming you have a AoS starter set.
>>
Cannot decide between painting up Hammers of Sigmar or Celestial Vindicators

both schemes look awesome - but now there will be specific stormhost rules associated with them
>>
>>51476479
It says Start Collecting Stormcast Eternals, how more starter set can you get? When you have start twice in box name ?
>>
>>51476030
Haven't seen this before. This is some fucking badass art no joke.
>>
>>51476425
They ARE good. You just need to run them in a specific formation that completely removed their weakness of being slow as balls. Look up warrior brotherhood or God forbid use the starter set battalion. Deep strike your army on some nerds.
>>
File: C3btaQ6WMAAH5CN.jpg (157KB, 1200x620px) Image search: [Google]
C3btaQ6WMAAH5CN.jpg
157KB, 1200x620px
>>51476590
There could also be more options coming in the new battletome, may be worth waiting for that as well.
>>
>>51474265

I'm sure someone more witty than me can come up with some amusing words to throw in with this pic, theres something pretty funny about the disgruntled look of him trudging off to work being harassed by a swarm of birds.

Also, makes me feel better about how my Ogroids painting has come out since WD's one doesnt look that much better.
>>
>>51476334
I'm pretty hype honestly, I used some disposable tax return money ahaha
>>
>>51476665
>>51474265

"I need the biggest seed bell you have"
"no that's too big"

Roidrage molemanturge.
>>
>>51474265
>>51476665
Peta protest wearing of fur hat.
>>
New hinterlands file was uploaded by the author over the weekend, what's the consensus?

(Also major props to this guy for nailing GWs design style.)
>>
File: C3cJ1-4WMAEkR65.jpg (157KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C3cJ1-4WMAEkR65.jpg
157KB, 900x1200px
stromcast auspex... sorry astral compass ;)
>>
>>51475311
Thanks thats perfect
>>
File: C3cJ3WaWcAAqVsf.jpg (128KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C3cJ3WaWcAAqVsf.jpg
128KB, 1200x900px
>>51476886
>>
>>51476650
>reserve rolls
Ughh. I guess they are at least done starting T1, but that is a serious downside. You'd think the 9" restriction would already weigh in heavily.
>>
It's okay to like AoS lore.

I listened to Gates of Azyr and Realmgate Wars Warstorm on audiobook and both are fucking awesome.
>>
>>51476949
You have Warrior Brotherhood. Stop complaining.
>>
File: C3cPwC0WAAEa5Q-.jpg (40KB, 1200x209px) Image search: [Google]
C3cPwC0WAAEa5Q-.jpg
40KB, 1200x209px
>>51476886
>>
>>51476960
Who are you aiming this at?
>>
>>51476978
I'd prefer not using the Warrior Brotherhood. Now what?
>>
>>51477022
Just stating an opinion, I constantly see people shitting on the storyline, stuff like "well, the game is okay but the writing or setting is awful."

Mostly coming from salty WFB players who want the old world back.
>>
>>51477017
>outflank
Awesome. I hope it's just general setting the unit up and not reserve nonsense like in 40k.
>>
>>51476960
Thank you for telling us something we've known for ages.
Now go and read Lord of Undead and City of Secrets.
>>
>>51477037
Enjoy your worse ability, which is still better than what 90% of the armies in the game get.
>>
>>51475240
The courtier cannot actually be the leader of the ghouls in ranked play. It's on its own as a unit, just a heads up
>>
File: ZxZHOc5[1].jpg (56KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
ZxZHOc5[1].jpg
56KB, 1000x750px
A work in progress on my redbeastmen, this time my very own steroid traumaturge!
>>
>>51477100
The courtier model is literally the squad leader ghoul model on a bigger base with some extra bits. Nobody will tell the difference if he just runs it as a squad of 10.
>>
>>51477102
I know some Christian nut will save this picture and use it as a proof that nerds worship Satan.
>>
>>51476858
At a quick glance, this is pretty amazing. Visuals alone are spot on, but from just reading it right now it seems like the ruleset is well thought-out. Major props to whoever designed this.
>>
>>51477154
chap going by the name o fbottled over on dakka dakka and TGA. Fucker is very good at what he does and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets employed/taken out by GW.
>>
>>51476886
>>51476900
AoS/40k crossplay detected xD
>>
>>51477151
Do you have time to listen to the teachings of our lord and savior Diablo?
>>
>>51477017
>>The Vangard-Hunters in particular can use their Astral Compasses to set up at whatever board edge they found because they got lost.
>>
>>51477113
Leader is a crypt ghastly, but yes the courtier and the normal ghastly share the same look. Just make sure to list it as a normal crypt ghast when you use it as one
>>
>>51476858
Haven't read it but will hopefully get a game in on the weekend and a campaign going in march.
I made a list for goblins and nurgle daemons and it seems that the rules have a lot of potential for abuse and forces the players to regulate themselves. For exapmle: the plaguebearers ability to add models on battleshock tests seems really fucking strong (if I don't misread it). Also minimum models for goblin shields to work seems too weak and I'll probably give them the bonus permanently.
ALSO I consider these two lists, not sure about the upgrades yet:
Goblins (all moonclan)
1x boss
1x shama
4x grots bows
9x grots spear and shield

Nurgle:
1x Herald
4x plaguebearers
1x beast of nurgle (or chaos troll)
>>
>>51477102

Lookin forward to seeing what you do with this guy.
>>
>>51477272
>The Vangard-Hunters in particular can use their Astral Compasses to set up at whatever board edge they found because they got lost.

and

the astral compass is a strange device that will guide the bearer toward the foe.
>>51476900
>>
>>51477346
Unless it is stated as being exempt then all rules that add models are not followed in hinterlands.
(i may have missed nurlge in the list of exemptions, but i'm pretty sure only undead can actually add models and even then it is majorly nerfed compared to standard play.)

My list so far is
1x knight questor
1x witch hunter
2x freeguild crossbowmen
6 flagellants.

Running it fluffy since I like the idea of sotrmcasts gathering an entourage as they quest around.
May add one of those bird things depending on their cost per model.
>>
>>51477361
>>Compass spins endlessly
>>Chaos is everywhere
>>So not lost
>>
File: IMG_1094.jpg (112KB, 932x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1094.jpg
112KB, 932x1024px
>>51477431
JESUS FUCK that face
>>
>>51476886
Better that auspex, actually. It's 40k's Outflank on steroids.
>>
>>51477431
I only read that undead summoning is restricted to a few zombies/ghouls/skeletons. The standard of the plaguebearers isn't summoning (I guess?). I mean the probability for it to happen is not high, but getting d6 plaguebearers sounds really op, as it is almost half a warband.
>>
>>51476858
Hmm, I'll need to give this a go. It looks absurdly polished for a fan thing. GW might want to look into hiring this guy, he obviously knows his shit.
>>
>>51477151
Our 40+ strong group/club is all catholic, most popular armies is death, then its sylvaneth and then a mix of everything.
Saying wargaming is satan-related is retarded, especially in with a company basing its settings on catholic space nazi and francmasonic orders.
>>
>>51477552
Rules are pretty clear on that.
>>
File: hin.jpg (17KB, 237x268px) Image search: [Google]
hin.jpg
17KB, 237x268px
>>51477552
Found it. (not that it's a long search.)
>>
>>51477151
The warhammer club i went to as a kid was in a church hall that was rented out for clubs on Saturdays. Every parent amde the joke of armies of demons invading the little English village church and the vicar found it all really interesting.He even had a go at inquisitor because he was amazed that there were priests in it.
>>
I'm retarded, are formations and Allegiances the same thing?
>>
>>51477763
no, Allegiances are a larger faction based thing used for creating armies, Formations are specific sets of units which have their own special rules.
>>
>>51476858

Just heard about this when the new release hit. The Realm master campaign system is pretty neat and the rules seem to give nice options to play a Mordheim-esque skirmishes.

Another really cool skirmish game that I will make warbands for and never get to play because I've got nobody to play with.

>tfw this is the fifth game system I will be having warbands for
>tfw since starting the hobby again a few years ago I've gotten to play twice
>>
>>51477763
>>51477813
Formations are not a thing in AOS, they are in 40k

AOS uses the term "Battalion"
>>
>>51477848
>>51477848
I know that paint.
Lotr themed frostgrave force
Vintage realm of chaos SoBaH force
full orc dragon rampant army
full relic blade line

Only one guy I play any of them with and that's only because we work at the same game shop.
I'm hoping this one will be easier since AoS player slaready know the core rules and have the models built.
>>
>>51477590
>>51477599
thanks. I swear I miss more things in the few pages of AoS related rules than in 3 editions of whfb...
>>51477431
nice SCE by the way
>>
>>51478008

That was what I originally thought when I got into 40k Kill-Team... "lots of people play/ used to play 40k, they know the rules and have some minis already its gonna be awesome"

I know five people who are interested in tabletop or have played it before. So I put up a group and tried to convince them to get into skirmish games.
Despite initial enthusiasm none of them have got a single mini ready afaik. None of them can schedule time for games. None of them can help out with the terrain, or anything else for that matter.

Ain't falling for that again.
>>
>>51477431
>Whats going on in this threa-
>By Sigmar
>>
>>51478111
the store i work in had a pretty major take up of kill team and alot of the regular 40k players still play it on busy days or on days where our tables are full.

I'm hoping i can get a few of the AOS guys into hinterlands, maybe some of the necromundda guys aswell. It should tide us over until GW launch AOS mordheim (or buy hinterlsands).

Still, i shall forever mourn SoBaH as it sits loved but unplayed on my shelf.
>>
>>51474343
Those are gorgeous. Like, holy shit, they blow Dracothian Guard right out the water...
>>
File: IMG_0314.jpg (290KB, 1200x643px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0314.jpg
290KB, 1200x643px
Grots battletome W H E N ? ? ?
>>
File: AOS GENERAL.jpg (89KB, 357x768px) Image search: [Google]
AOS GENERAL.jpg
89KB, 357x768px
>>51477431
>>
>>51478524
I HAVE BEEN MEME'D! I can now die happy.
>>
>>51478523
Pic related was my very first WFB box.

Well, not this one exactly, because I've sold mine ages ago and this is the only pic I was able to find online, it's in german but whatever.
>>
>>51477576
Poland?
>>
>>51474526
>>51477017
I hope you guys are prepared to lose your entire fucking support structure turn 1 as a bunch of stormcast rush out of your backyard spewing bolts everywhere and hacking shit down with hatchets and falchions.
>>
>>51478812
"my lord, our cultists are \holding sigmars warriors at bay"

"excellent, no begin th.."
LIGHTNING CHICKENS UP THE ASS!
>>
>>51478894
>for you, the day you got lightning chickens up the ass was the greatest day of your life, but for celestial vindicators, it was tuesday
>>
>>51478701
God those old models are so full of character. I want a few just to have. I've always loved the look of night goblins.
>>
>>51478963
I'm getting slick and greasy just thinking about it.
>>
>>51479002
not oily like a properly cared for gryph hound?
>>
>>51479053
Probably imagining those new, duardin-made mechanical gryph hounds. You know, the ones with the 'alternative' riding attachments.
>>
>>51477043
The problem is more that they've not really done much yet. Most factions have basically nothing but barebones even in terms of fluff. Coming off decades of WFB's stuff it's pretty jarring.

People will stop the complaining once GW gets round to fleshing everything out more.
>>
>>51478701
same for me.
moon gits best gits
>>
File: IMG_0797.png (272KB, 709x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0797.png
272KB, 709x474px
>>51479271
>>51478996
>>51478701
>>51478523
Moonclan is best grots
>>
>>51479053
Oh, there's going to be plenty of oil rubbed about.
>>
File: 2017-01-11_215222.png (832KB, 760x948px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-11_215222.png
832KB, 760x948px
>>51478524
>sigmar
>>
Just watched the first hobbit film, now I want to play dwarves. Guess it's time for a new force, ally the dwarves and some freshly lubricated gryph riders

I can see this getting expensive quickly
>>
>>51478524
Saved.

Finally we are getting some draws and pics.
I'm joyous.
>>
>>51476104
Holy cow you've been playing some dicks man.
>>
>>51476307
Holy cow never seen it this way.
>>
>grognards are so obsessed with points that General's Handbook is actually used

Yes good goyims, buy all your units up to max unit sizes...
>>
>>51480083
Why would you ever not take minimum sizes? Makes enemy shooting and charging a nightmare to deal with 4x5, not 1x20
>>
>>51480212
>>51480083
4x5 also gets you more unit leaders, which is doubly helpful as often in AOS you can give them the special weapon as well.
>>
>>51478812
I would assume (or hope) there will be some restriction to that ability, otherwise that might just trip up the entire meta.
We know that both Hunters and Lord-Aquilor have those Astral Compasses and it's safe to assume that the other riders do as well, which means there would be a lot of outflanking going on.
>>
>>51480083
>I have no idea how the game actually works.
>>
>>51480212
Well, targetted buffing and more significant combat activation are two arguments for single big units.
>>
>>51475446
Kevin Chin did that one. You can see some more of his work on an article about his Fyreslayer army on warhammer community:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/12/08/army-showcase-kevin-chins-fyreslayers/

It's like all my favourite AoS art so far was done by one guy.
>>
>>51480212
>>51480252
>>51480308
>you take 4x5
>other guy takes 4x20 for the same points

Yeah sounds plausible.
>>
>>51480083
What is this, mid 2016? That meme had run it's course at some point in September.
>>
File: fishing pole.png (80KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
fishing pole.png
80KB, 500x501px
>>51480380
>>
>>51480380
Oh god, people still think that? Have you actually that little brainpower to work out how points work? Or, y'know, read?
Well, at least it's another bingo square filled in...
>>
File: BANNED.png (54KB, 1048x576px) Image search: [Google]
BANNED.png
54KB, 1048x576px
>go to TGA to discuss the new AOS hotness on the rumor thread.

>post popular comment that is sarcastic about the new SC release.

>get banned by douche moderator

pic of banned for comment.

http://www.tga.community/forums/
>>
>>51480446
How do they work then? I've only just read the book and that's how I'm seeing it...

>Sometimes you may find that you do not have enough models to field a unit at full strength; if this is the case, you must still pay the full cost of the unit.
>>
>>51480457
>http://www.tga.community/forums/
Literally who
>>
>>51480457
>Elf-fag gets salty over a mid sized release
>>
>>51480467
The book CLEARLY says you pay for the minimum, and you can increase it by that much to pay more.

So, a unit that has a minimum of 10, and a maximum of 50, and it costs 100 points, can have:
10 models for 100 points
20 models for 200 points
30 models for 300 points
40 models for 400 points
50 models for 500 points, and no more.

What that line you mentioned means is that if you only have say, 16 models, and you want to use them, you need to pay 200 points for 20, although you are only using 16.

If people actually read the book instead of pirating the point pages and nothing else, we wouldn't have this problem at all.
>>
>>51475732
>there's a limit to how many big monsters you can summon.

Where does it say this? I'm not disagreeing, I just don't remember seeing this limit.
>>
>>51480544
I Think you can't go above the behemot allowance of a force
>>
>>51480457
That's lovely, deary. Thanks for letting us know every time this happens. It's everso interesting.
>>
>>51480457
You think it's facebook or that we know what tga is ?
>>
>>51480457
Considering how salty you've been about that ban, maybe you needed that.
Also, you've got nobody but yourself to blame for leaving /tg/.
>>
>>51480544
It doesn't say that anywhere, but I feel that isn't what he meant. He was probably referring to the points it would take more than the fact they are monsters.

When it comes to summoning, the only limits are your reserve points, and what spells you have access to.

The Hero/Artillery/Behemoth limits only apply to your initial list, and it is both possible and legal to go over them using summoning.
>>
>>51480502
not him but
>battletome
>2 warbeasts plastic kits
>2 large infantry plastic kits
>1 heavy cavalry plastic kit
>monster kit
tis not a mid-size release, it would have been enough for a full new army
>>
>>51480457
Again with that shit? Jesus christ, it's just a shitty forum and you got banned for being a cunt by a mod that's also a cunt. Get over it!
>>
>>51480502
do you seriously dispute my popular widely held sentiment about the neglected factions?

No one except the die hard SC fans wanted another SC release.
>>
File: grigory-serov-battle-dwarf.jpg (155KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
grigory-serov-battle-dwarf.jpg
155KB, 1000x750px
>>51480625
Yeah, just look at fyresslayers...

Steamhead better be the most OP bullshit ever with warlord titan
>>
>>51480604
the mods can ban whoever they want for whatever they want. I think its ridiculous how intolerant of contrarian opinions they are and so I made a fun picture of it to share here.
>>
>>51480608
That's how i thought it worked too, I was confused for a moment. I know there are limits on the initial list and figured id ask in case i misunderstood the summoning aspect.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>51480639
Did we need a SC release? No, but now it is a fact and you might as well learn to deal with it instead of constantly bitching about something you have no control over.
>>
>>51480664
>and so I made a fun picture of it to share here.
don't you understand that you'll find the same people here?
>>
>>51480685
How did he cram ten monsters into a list? I can't think of any monster cheap enough to spam-summon...
>>
>>51480690
what's wrong with bitching about it?

I think its good to voice opinions both positive and negative since that's basically the only form of influence we have as fans of the game and presumable GW cares now about community feedback.
>>
>>51480724
he cheated and player without points or rules against a guy that was new.
He was just being the biggest douche
>>
>>51480664
Funny is a blantant lie, considering you are apparently anally ravaged enough by this to continue mentioning it.
>>
>>51480750
Well, fuck him, then. That ain't cool.
>>
>>51480782
>Funny is a blantant lie, considering you are apparently anally ravaged enough by this to continue mentioning it.

nice head cannon

>>51480707
>you'll find the same people here?

good. now you can know about how intolerant of non SC worship they are.
>>
>>51480747
Why not bitch about it directly to GW, then? They do have a facebook as well as email. That way your opinion is sure to be heard.
Not when making a snide remark on some shitty forum or fucking /tg/ of all places.
>>
>>51480858
>That way your opinion is sure to be heard.

actually I think that its even better to post opinions on the most public internet discussion outlets since that way it gets the most attention. Also realize that GW people monitor that web site a lot and also are known to monitor this site as well.
>>
>>51480724
He cheated famalam
>>
>>51474645

seeing this I hope my iron jawz get also an updated book.
>>
>>51480457
>act retarded on a private message board
>get banned
>whine on 4chan
Fuck off retard

Go paint your blood elves
>>
>>51481024
>act retarded on a private message board

I dispute this. My comment was not retarded.
>>
>>51480895
If you honestly delude yourself into thinking GW gives a rat's ass about /tg/ instead of any of the less nasty sites I am genuinely baffled.
>>
>>51481050
I'd argue it was. And so have multiple other people in this thread.
>>
>>51480658
Wouldn't be surprised if they pad it out with new rules for the gyrocopters/bombers, the cannons, organ gun and cogsmith.
>>
File: Han-Solo-star-wars1.jpg (175KB, 528x528px) Image search: [Google]
Han-Solo-star-wars1.jpg
175KB, 528x528px
>>51481050
You went to a thread about a stormcast release and had a sarcastic bitch there was a stormcast release. You're a dick. Don't be a dick.
>>
>>51481050
>Stormcast are fairly new but popular (justified or not) and people are excited for a new release.
>Now let me make a on-the-nose snide comment about it in order to shit all over that excitement instead of sighing quietly and going back to hoping for a aelf release.
>There is no way this will come bite me in the ass.
Mod was a douche, but you are also a very silly person.
>>
>>51481114
>>51481174
yeah lets just ban everyone who isn't shitting rainbows over another unneeded, unwanted stormcast release.

That's a great idea.
>>
>>51480916
Since Rampaging Destroyers is treating us *very* well I'd like a new release mostly for the inevitable new unit. A ranged unit would be aces; maybe something like a throwing weapon brute-sized variant. Bare-chested but with huge hooks or javelins on chains that reel enemies in.
>>
>>51481210
Yeah, well, since it got rid of you over there it obviously was.
>>
>>51481299
Lord knows Bonesplitterz could use a new kit. How about they also give us the wyverns the Bonesplitterz rode in the Fyreslayer's battletome so we can shore up that behemoth deficency?
>>
>>51481210
Unneeded is debatable, but unwanted is nonsense. Just because you (and I) didn't want it doesn't mean everybody else doesn't or shouldn't want it either.
You could also have been more objective about it instead of bitching around like an asshole. The rest of the web is not like /tg/, you should know this by now. At the very least you shouldn't be as infuriated by consequences happening.
>>
>>51481155
I'd be happier if they actually gave gyros back the Dispossessed keyword so that they can get some proper buffs/synergy going again. Or gave any artillery the keyword in the first place.
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-31+at+01.34.18).jpg (179KB, 817x442px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-31+at+01.34.18).jpg
179KB, 817x442px
>>51480467
>I am a complete retard
>>
>>51481210
I'm not at all saying don't be upset by another SC release when there are other races that need attention instead.

But A: You offered no critical thinking, you offered not basis for normal objective discussion you just acted like a manchild
B: If you're upset by another SC release don't go into an SC release thread where people will be excited about it and spread your negative shit
C: Grow up. You don't like SC or at least don't live that they are getting a new release, keep it to yourself if you can't act like a normal person.

tldr; Stop being a manchild and if you've got something to say about a SC release make it constructive and polite to SC fans in a fucking SC thread.
>>
>>51474449
I know people will hate me for this but I always thought Thanquol and Boneripper should have had the Skryre keyword so you can have them with a bunch of Stormfiends. It would look very thematic since Boneripper is just a bigger four armed Stormfiend.
>>
File: 2016-03-25_213318.png (393KB, 722x250px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-25_213318.png
393KB, 722x250px
Let's blogpost

>be me
>move from Europistan to NZ.
>Quit GW early 2002 and came back for AoS dropping thousands in it.
>thousands
>GW is so long to get here in NZ because you have to have a PO box in the uk that send it to you it takes like 4 months but in the end you don't even pay 1/3 of the shitty NZ price
>Be still me this morning
>Container finally here
>My whole x-wing collection and whfb collection get there without problem, in fact, everything is there in the container except one huge box
>Huge Box contained 10 starter set stormcast half I got for pennies when AoS was tanking HARD, as well as all my beastclaws, Ironjaws and all my fyreslayers I loved so much and finished painting before yoloing in the other side of the world.
>Nobody at home back there know where the box is
>the box is lost forever
>My laptop got stolen on my first week in NZ and all my life was on it, it's lost forever because im so much of a douchebag I had no backup anywhere
>All I have left of everything the shittiest photo ever taken with a shitty samsung replacement phone because my real phone was broken, photo is from like a year ago or something and it only have the stormcast being built on it
>I just want to quit the hobby again and never come back
>>
>>51481487
Amen to that.
>>
>>51480747
No, that would be making a complain on a GW channel. Yours was just whining.
>>
>>51481512
That's rough buddy.
>>
>>51481512
At least you got X-Wing. I mean, that's a poor consolation, but it *is* a great game.
>>
>>51481487
>acted like a manchild

nice head cannon

>SC release thread

it wasn't. It was the general rumors thread.

>Grow up. keep it to yourself

yeah way to TRY to shut down perspectives you don't agree with. Maybe if you're offended over a little popular sarcasm you're the one who should reevaluate your attitude.

>>51481529
>Amen to that.

look at that another one who doesn't like dissenting criticism.

>>51481535
>Yours was just whining.

is that what you call some popular sarcasm?
>>
>>51481647
You can't just say 'nice headcanon' to everything, anon.
>>
>>51481316
>it obviously was

it obviously was a SC fanboy maderator who didn't like me bringing any criticism of the new release to his forum. I get it he can ban whoever he wants but I think its ridiculous so I am killing some time bitching about it before bed.
>>
>>51474847

I think it's bigger than the recent battletomes, same reason why the SM codex is often more expensive than the others.
>>
>>51481485
It's a stupid rule anyway. Why not use common sense and subtract the points you're missing?

If a unit costs 100 for 10 than each model is 10 points. If you have 16 why pay 200 and not 160? It's absolute madness.
>>
>>51481647
>popular sarcasm
Multiple people have told you that you're a salty whiner while the amount of people in support of you so far were zero, so it's hardly very popular.
>>
>>51481647
>popular
It doesn't seem much popular if it got you a ban there and mockery here.
>>
>>51481680
as you can see from the post you quoted I don't say "head cannon" to everything. I reserve the use of "head cannon" for responding to people who have created their own false convenient perspective that protects their worldview at the expense of the truth of the matter.
>>
File: The_Fox_and_the_Grapes[1].jpg (59KB, 400x624px) Image search: [Google]
The_Fox_and_the_Grapes[1].jpg
59KB, 400x624px
>>51481732
>It's a stupid rule anyway.
>>
>>51481732
It's because then you don't have shitty minmaxing AND it piss off people like you, so all in all it's the best thing ever.
>>
>>51481771
Unfortunately this is going right over my head.
>>
>>51481710
A bit of advice, if I may? Don't accuse others of being fanboy anythings when trying to make them look like they're in the wrong. It weakens your credebility massively.
>>
>>51481733
>salty whiner while the amount of people in support of you so far were zero
>>51481741
>you a ban there and mockery here.

even if you both are SC fanboys (I doubt it) you must at least think that dissenting opinions ought to be given room to be voiced. Like it or not there are massive numbers of people who aren't happy with the stream of SC releases while Dwarves, Elves, Death and others are left twisting in the wind.
>>
>>51481788
>this minmaxing meme

Some of use just want to be able to drop a few models when going over the points by 20-40 instead of dropping the whole unit or remaking the whole list. I don't give two shits about minmaxing. I'm not a waac fag but I do like my quality of life.
>>
>>51481803
>A bit of advice, if I may? Don't accuse others of being fanboy anythings when trying to make them look like they're in the wrong. It weakens your credebility massively.

you can decide for yourself based on the banned for post what his motives were or were not. I have my opinions, you can come to your own too.
>>
File: IMG_1177.jpg (24KB, 349x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1177.jpg
24KB, 349x314px
Hey, what are the top tier armies in age of sigmar? I haven't played since 8th edition. I've got slaanesh and a small hoarde of skaven.
>>
>>51481812
Don't worry, I'm one of the few that don't suck GW's dick and think they can do no wrong.

Another SC release is the stupidest thing they could possible do right now seeing the state of many of the other armies and their outdated/non existent kits.
>>
>>51481812
Dissenting opinions have a right to be voiced but absolutely no right to be listened.

Yours was just whining for it's own sake.
>>
Where is the Tzeentch book at??
>>
File: Stomcast-Chambers-1[1].jpg (225KB, 1067x849px) Image search: [Google]
Stomcast-Chambers-1[1].jpg
225KB, 1067x849px
"Better" resolution of the Warrior chamber rules page. Somebody can read it?
>>
>>51481875
nice head cannon
>>
>>51481812
If you haven't noticed, over half the people that responded to you in this thread have agreed with you on the SC release being probably not needed. It's just that most of them seem to think you acted with the grace of a drunk elephant and that the ban was probably deserved.
>>
>>51481791
>Driven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.' People who speak disparagingly of things that they cannot attain would do well to apply this story to themselves.

>I can't find this very simple to find rule!
>Eh, it's a stupid rule anyway
>>
>>51481836
Why not use that..
>>
>>51481931
I'm not that anon who couldn't find it. I've just always disliked it.
>>
>>51481914
>acted with the grace of a drunk elephant

the most popular post in 50 posts reflects the popularity of the sentiment.

>ban was probably deserved

you can decide for yourself if the post >>51480457 was ban worthy. I don't think it was but its not up to me.
>>
>>51481868
the silent majority right there

gold star for speaking up.
>>
>>51481959
You just used a bit of sarcasm. I really don't see why people are frothing at the mouth over this.
>>
>>51481896
Hammers of Sigmar
>required stuff
- Thunderhead Brotherhood
>additional stuff
- Lords of the Storm
- Thunderstrike Force
Everything get's Lightning Strike

Abilities:
- First to be Forged: Bravery +1 for everything.
- Heralds of Sigmar: When a friendly unit of Liberators is destroyed, roll a d6. On a 6, instead return the unit to full strength and remove it from the table to set up in the Celestial Realm. Next movement phase they can arrive by Lighting Strike.
- Command Trait: If a friendly SC within [distance] of the general suffers a wound or mortal wound, roll a d6. On a 6, ignore that wound.
>>
>>51482085
So basically GW made an ability that allows you to return units to the field even in matched play as the unit is never destroyed.

Also from this and that WD snippet we can extrapolate that the Stormcast allegiance will be a nerfed Lighting strike (with reserve rolls) with Lighting strike reserved for full battalions.
>>
>>51481896
Hallowed Knights
>required
- Lords of the Storm
>additional
- Hammerstrike Force
- any additional SC units
At maximum size everything gets Lightning Strike

Abilities
- Only the Faithful:
Roll a d6 for every unit affected by an enemy spell. On a 5+the spell has no effect on that unit.
- Holy Crusaders:
+1" to run and charge distances.
- A Martyr's End:
Roll a d6 for every slain model from this batallion that has not yet attacked this phase killed in melee; on a 3+ (I think) it can pile in attack normally before being removed.

>>51482085
Forgot
>Everything get's Lightning Strike if the batallion is amxxed out and
>additional stuff
- any number of SC units.
>>
>>51476590
I read the formation stuff. I do not have the required models to run any of them. they require at least twice as many liberators and units I do not have.
>>51476650
Is there a chance it will buff smaller armies, or will it be like the general book that has stuff only for people with large collections.
>>
>>51482308
You get that exact ability just for playing Stormcast. It's not quite as good as the one from the batalions, but it affects all your guys and it's free. You should be able to make use of that.
>>
>>51482360
I must be looking at the wrong stuff then. All the formations I see either require multiple units of the stuff I have, or more offten multiple units of the stuff I have and the stuff I do not have.
>>
>>51481896
How do you CSI this shit to become readable. How are you guys doing this?
>>
>>51482162
Units of Liberators and only on a 6+. That's hardly world-shaking. I mean, you'll never use the Lightning Strike with those requirements, so you'll need to rely on the meh Scions of the Storm, and you'd need to really stock up on Liberator bricks.
They also have no offensive tricks. It's all about the defense.
>>
>>51482425
I squint *really* hard.
>>
>>51482458
It's not the ability itself that it's world-shaking, it's more the fact that GW just showed that they learned how to write things to allow reinforcement despite matched play.
>>
>>51482420
He's talking about the new stormcast book and it's allegiance ability, Scions of the Storm.
>>
>>51478812
>I hope you guys are prepared to lose your entire fucking support structure turn 1 as a bunch of stormcast rush out of your backyard spewing bolts everywhere and hacking shit down with hatchets and falchions.

I am sensing GW gently shifting the meta towards all SC all the time... anyone else getting this vibe?
>>
I was always under the impression that icons that bring back fallen models were allowed in matched play without needing points. When did this change?
>>
>>51482085
>- Heralds of Sigmar: When a friendly unit of Liberators is destroyed, roll a d6. On a 6, instead return the unit to full strength and remove it from the table to set up in the Celestial Realm. Next movement phase they can arrive by Lighting Strike.
Oh shit

The way this is worded this ability does not cost reinforcement points to use
>>
>>51482575
Rule of thumb:

Any time you add models to the board it costs points

The only exception is if you are adding the models to an existing unit
>>
>>51482458
>Units of Liberators and only on a 6+. That's hardly world-shaking.

actually it kinda is... until now there has been no such thing as free new units in matched play. This looks like they are breaking that rule for the golden boys.
>>
>>51482578
faggot, everything cost point to use, this is worded no differently that every destruction bataillon that make you respawn model automatically or on a roll
>>
>>51482597
>what is bonesplitterz batteltome : the post
>>
>>51482573
Depends on how that outflank works out. Their new allegiance ability is decidedly mediocre and the two meta formations, while nice, are very limited overall.
>>
>>51482614
>everything cost point to use
This is wrong

>this is worded no differently that every destruction bataillon that make you respawn model automatically or on a roll
Also wrong.

Hammers of Sigmar specifically says you do this instead of dying, which means the unit was never destroyed, and is in fact the same unit being set up again later. The destruction battalion you are referring to sets up a new unit after one unit dies.
>>
>>51482614
>this is worded no differently
I don't have that battletome maybe can you be a good lad and screen cap the rule for us to compare?
>>
>>51482596
By RAW it sorta is, since instead of being slain the unit is returned to full strength, i.e. adding models to an already existing unit as the unit never actually destroyed.
>>
I have 40 skeletons, 10 grave guard, and a black coach that I haven't touched since AoS came out. Where should I go from there?
>>
>>51482711 was meant for >>51482614, sorry.
>>
>>51482596
So the Gore-Drenched Icon on Bloodletters for example that return d6 models to the unit if you roll a 1 during the battleshock phase works without needing points then?
>>
>>51482575
It didn't.
Add to existing unit until previous top strength = free
Set up new unit = pay up

>>51482739
A leader of some description. Vampire Lord makes for a solid starter hero.
>>
>>51482773
Yes. Can't go over the number of models the unit started with, though.
>>
>>51482739
Morghast Archai and Harbingers are amazing. I'd suggest a unit of those. Hexwraiths are nice cavalry units. Terrorgheist and/or Zombie dragon is always nice to have as well.
>>
learn it love it live it
>>
So this new Stormcast formation that allows you to restore units to full strength on a D6 of 6+ instead of removing them from play...

How many points does it cost? is it free?
>>
>>51482925
>>51476174
>>
>>51482867
I hate how this ends up working. It fucks over Lord Skreech so hard.
>>
>>51483038
It's not thought out too well. Like most of the General Handbook.

Hope for version 2 to fix these things.
>>
>>51483038
>>51483063
I liked the pre-Pitched homebrew rule of summoning being able to exceed your Wound limit, but only by 25% of the total, or something like that. I felt that was a good way to handle summoning.
>>
>>51483063
when is GHB 2.0 released?
>>
>>51482739
I should have added: what about equipment?
>>
>>51483038
and all tzeentch. and the whole death allegiance. And bonesplitterz
But it does apply for stormcast for some reasons
>>
>>51483006
does that mean the new stormcast formation doesn't cost points? its hard to tell from that.
>>
>>51483105
It means it will probably doesn't cost point or cost a minimal amount of point because games workshop really want to make the Stormcast the best army ever
>>
>>51483082
I'm gonna guess this summer but who knows.
>>
File: IMG_2980.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2980.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
A buddy gave me this today as he was clearing out his collection.
Is there any way to make these elves into a legal army? It doesn't seem like it.

What should I add to the skaven? I already have a nurgle daemons army, but they don't share any keywords so I doubt they'll work well together.
>>
>>51483343
The elves as is are a legal army. They are all of the order allegiance which is all you need for a baseline army. The Reavers are Battle line and the Spear men and Shadow dudes are battleline if you keep the Swifthawk Agent allegiance which you should have no problem doing with your current collection.
>>
File: 20170130_185634-1.jpg (3MB, 1765x2833px) Image search: [Google]
20170130_185634-1.jpg
3MB, 1765x2833px
So I just made my first units ever and I used plastic cement. Is there a way to avoid this crease around the entire body? I have liquid green stuff to fill it in but that seems like a pain. My coworker said he used some gap filling superglue and had no noticeable creases.
>>
>>51483343
Two sets with raider battalion
with Assassin and Verminlord deceiver

And thats 2500
>>
>>51483343
Your friend just GAVE you two Spire of Dawns?

Fuck, why don't I have friends this nice?
>>
File: Saurus.jpg (278KB, 640x401px) Image search: [Google]
Saurus.jpg
278KB, 640x401px
>>51474193

So I found a bunch of my old Lizardmen models which I thankfully never painted, and figured it'd make a good excuse to try out sigmar since I've very recently got back into 40k too.

How good are they now? and more importantly, how easy are they to play as a beginner who is aware of the basics.
>>
>>51484113
its the most op broken shit.
Top 1 easily.
As long as you don't field any saurus warrior, saurus knight or carnosaur you are good.
>>
>>51484333
>>51484113
So stay away from the Get Started box essentially.

Still don't understand why Carnosaurs are bad? They seem to dish out the damage.
>>
>>51484375
its because people want to stand a chance against you,
>>
>>51483753
I have good friends who make tons of money.
They gave me a realm of battle board and six citadel woods for Christmas.
>>
>>51481788
I don't know, as a sylvaneth pkayer, I would like to be able to field all of my dryads without having to buy 5 boxes just to not have left overs, or be wasting points. Though, just repackaging the to come in multiples of 10 would also solve my problem.
>>
>>51475593
He's been at GW longer than that, definitely. He did some character artwork for the Incubi in the Dark Eldar 5th ed codex and did a battle report in the White Dwarf that came out with the 5th ed Grey Knights release (and according to it used to play Daemonhunters).
>>
>>51482596
I'm curious as to how Skarr Bloodwrath is affected by this. As he's an independent character, you can technically only take one of him, so since you'd be putting hom back on the board it might be considered as adding him to your army... But then you cant since you can only take one of him.

Im assuming he can respawn for free then.
>>
So I see that the General's Handbook doesn't have all the armies represented for the Path to Glory campaign. Where do you find the charts for the other armies?
>>
>>51484783
Why would skarr bloodwrath be affected by a Stormcast bataillon ?
>>
>>51484806
>Tfw no Path to Glory for Legion of Azgorh forge world army

reeee
>>
>>51484783
He cannot respawn for free. His trigger only applies after he has already died and been removed from play. Ressurecting models costs points. Setting up any models costs points.

The only exception is when you are adding models to an existing unit.
>>
>>51484945
It act as containment because bull centaur list are ultra broken
>>
So is it true the new stormcast eternals are cheaper?
>>
New thread when
>>
>>51485158
Never.

Shh let it die.
>>
>>51485279
>>51485279
>>51485279
>>51485279

New Thread
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.