[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 350
Thread images: 39

File: 1484665211151.jpg (103KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
1484665211151.jpg
103KB, 500x620px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

> Latest News
> New Unearthed Arcana: Rangers and Rogues
http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/2017_01_UA_RangerRogue_0117JCMM.pdf
> Don't forget to rate the Artificer in the official survey:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/9c17dda91a1d

> Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

> Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

> 5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Previous thread:
>>51438113

What did they mean by this?
https://i.gyazo.com/3f1d230f43f8a91d9ca77bd14cf1d95f.png
>>
>>51444729
>What did they mean by this?

They might be listening and trying to not release everything as broken as some of the most recent ones have been.

Or they're gonna toss out another UA for mystics.
>>
Acquisitions Inc. is live on twitch

anyone know how long it takes for the game to get uploaded to youtube?
>>
I wanted to make a growing villain, a minion who gets chunked a few times, then comes into his own

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/ByxFaH9Pe
>>
LGS needs a DM

I am a DM for lmop, 3rd session

What do I need if I want to DM irl

I'll need a screen, handouts, what do you guys do for maps?
>>
>>51444729
>ho,, we have so much UA material it will be published every week starting next week
>wait, we will publish next next week
>no, we will start publishing next next next week
>>
>>51444799
>took out the exploding bit
Oh fuck this
Just wait until the characters are level 10 and they never use their class abilities anymore, they just cycle through a sequence of 'use most OP magic item' to 'use least OP magic item' every day since it's not like they'll lose those magic items ever and they're not punished for using them as often as they can.
>>
7th for Kobold Dragon-Hunting Party
>>
>>51445214
you're overreacting

it's 7 okay magic items and they're not going to get any more for a while

also the horn can only be used once a day
>>
Gonna be running some monsters that require dismemberment to be defeated. Basically I threw the story of Deadspace into my setting, it works perfectly with Dwarves mining too deep and discovering an ancient artifact. In anycase, how do I run monsters that require the players to actively dismember them without explicitly telling them? Cause I want them to be more than just zombies.
>>
File: dnd group lineup.png (1MB, 3500x1505px) Image search: [Google]
dnd group lineup.png
1MB, 3500x1505px
Hello again /5eg/
Writefag from a few days ago here, I posted the story of how my campaign faced Mr. Teeth along a river in the underdark. Since then, we've had one small session, which was mostly spent in the cubbyhole in the rock wall we ended that session with. We found out, via three desperate Arcana checks, that Mr. Teeth is an Aboleth. My question is, is there any way to make an aboleth puke? Also is there any way a level 11 group of three can kill or hide from an Ancient Bronze Dragon?
>>
>>51445264
You can throw one at them and teach them the mechanic. Essentially, they aren't dying easily at all. Then as soon as one of your players does something that sounds feasible to dismember one of them, give them a big hint about it.
Then throw many at them.
>>
>>51445084
>what do you guys do for maps?
I make them using tools found online and print them out at the library because I'm a poorfag.
>>
>>51445245
If it's only overreacting then it's basically a lesser version of the same problem.
>>
>>51445277
>Hippy
>Hippy
>Hippy
>Hippy
>Hippy
>Hippy with a goddamn gun
>>
>>51445316
these are the first magic items they've gotten

next finds arent going to be until their around level 8
>>
>>51445337
they're
>>
>>51445335
You meme, but three of them are actually treehuggers. Only the first two in the lineup don't seem to have any pacifist tendencies.
>>
>>51445264
No reason they wouldn't already be dismembering them through combat. I mean, I assume the party is trying to fuck them up, after all.

Have the monsters keep fighting and fighting, but get less effective as they lose limbs. Say, one without legs will be slower or barely mobile, one without a head will be confused, one without arms will struggle to attack properly, etc.
>>
>>51445277
>furfag
>gunfag
>look how tough i am
>shota fantasies
>nigger-lipped
>totally not gay elffag
>chains are totally cool guise

Shit group/10
>>
>>51445370
rude.
>>
>>51445277
Your group is shit, and so is this art.
>>
>>51445383
You're one of the players, right?
Which one are you?
>>
>>51445391
I don't give a shit about your opinion, I asked a question.
>>
File: HIPPIES.jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HIPPIES.jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
>>51445353
>>
>>51445398
Different guy here. Which party members are going up against the dragon?

Also, if you want to make an aboleth puke, ask your DM if you can make some investigation checks at the library to learn about aboleth anatomy.

Or have your stronk party member punch them repeatedly in the gut (once you figure out where that is).
>>
>>51445394
He's the first to the left, a trigger-happy sorcerer
>muh sickles
puke
>>
>>51445277
Damn people *really* don't like your art for some reason.
>>
>>51445277
>Ancient Bronze Dragon

why do they want to kill a good dragon?
>>
>>51445416
He can't, because he literally petrified the stronk wyman of the group
>>
What's a good number of minions and big dudes for a seven player party? I'm going to use waves, but the party will be rushing an encampment while all but twenty one of the inhabitants have stormed off to go fight an allied war band.

What's a good ceiling for battle adds during the struggle?
>>
>>51445435
So get them restored.
>>
>>51445416
The fiend warlock, the gunslinger dorf and the halfling monk. They threw an elf ghost trapped in a headband away and the aboleth ate it. Unfortunately that elf had a very good friend, who was an Ancient Bronze Dragon, and now we're contemplating leaving the continent.
>>
Sup /5eg/, I just started playing Ravenloft with my friends, and I've never played this setting before (and I've read almost nothing about it). We're all starting at level 1 and I'm playing a LG paladin (planning to build a sorcadin). What kinds of things should I watch out for? My DM is pretty sadistic. Any tips?
>>
>>51445428
Because the dragon will likely try and kill us for accidentally sacrificing his best friend to an eldritch abomination.
>>
>>51445443
If you actually have to fight it have the monk use all his ki to try and stun it.

Also that sounds like a stupid fucking plot device. Was there any reason why he was friends with the dead elf in the head band?
Is there any real reason why he would think it was your fault?
The aboleth was the one that killed him (I guess killed his ghost?)
Did your party do it on purpose?
Sounds fucking stupid.
>>
>>51445383
not that anon, but at the very least, the chain the last one is holding should be limp, there's no motion going on in the character's pose and thus no reason the chain should defy gravity.
>>
File: 2000-2007.jpg (398KB, 870x490px) Image search: [Google]
2000-2007.jpg
398KB, 870x490px
How does /5eg/ like its dragon? Polite? Friendly? Feral?
>>
>>51445446
Hehehe. Have fun, pallie.
>>
>>51445454
> Shit group making shitty decisions
Hm, really makes you think
>>
>>51445442
That was actually what prompted me to ask here about it, and write the story. We have since found out there is no way to get the Barbarian unpetrified, and she is for the moment essentially dead.
>>
>>51445481
dude, what is your problem?
>>
>>51445481
Yes, we did. As opposed to your group's flawless decision making and stunning lack of errors throughout all of your campaigns, ever.
>>
>>51445476
draconic
>>
>>51445483
>there is no way to get the Barbarian unpetrified, and she is for the moment essentially dead.

Greater restoration.
But it sounds like your DM just wanted to kill your barbarian party member. By giving an aboleth petrification in the first place. Then saying "lol no way to fix it."
>>
File: izuru kira.png (944KB, 832x620px) Image search: [Google]
izuru kira.png
944KB, 832x620px
>>51445475
Chain is a magic artifact, literally it's only purpose is to defy gravity, which is ironic, considering it's a chain. If you've ever seen Bleach, it's the opposite of this guy's weapon, in that it halves the weight of anything it strikes, and it's extremely situational, but funny enough to be in the campaign when we found it and tried to use it for everything.
>>
>>51445509
No, I was the one who petrified her, because she tried to kill me, for accidentally getting her best friend eaten by said aboleth. None of us down here have greater restoration.
>>
>party of 6
>in the only character without a le revenge tragedy background

Folk hero oath of ancients
>being a selfless, kind character

Only downside is I had to almost pvp once. Rogue wanted to cut a bridge down, which people were being chased by a horde of goblins. he did end up cutting it, but the DM deus ex machina'd being held by my God to save the innocent.
>>
File: -----------.png (513KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
-----------.png
513KB, 1280x720px
>>51445370
>>51445391
>>51445481
Jesus Christ this is some autismo level hostility.
>>
>>51445550
>You and your group are having fun in a way I don't like! Fix it!
>>
>>51445539
Then fuck her.
Was her friend the elf in the headband?
How does the dragon know the elf in the headband died because of you guys?
I still don't understand why he'd be upset about this. He was a ghost bound to an object.
So he was already dead and enslaved.
>>
>>51445569
It was a very friendly ghost. Made a lot of powerful friends after he was dead, and put into the headband. Used his newfound psychic powers to roam, and talk with things he found. Now he is part of Aboleth, and his psychic deathscream resonated for miles. I've already gotten over killing her, as she tried to kill me first, and we're planning on rescuing her as soon as is feasible to do so, we're just worried about the dragon, as he is immensely powerful and, evenn if he didn't hear the deathscream, should be meeting us to discuss the fate of our mission in about a month, and if the elf in the headband isn't there, he's going to get suspicious, and if he finds out he got fed to an aboleth, he is likely going to kill us. Thank you for the help though.
>>
>>51445611
So why did you sacrifice it?
Kill the aboleth instead of the dragon.
Gut it and take the headband back.
>>
>>51445446

1st rule of Ravenloft, don't touch anything

2nd rule of Ravenloft, DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ANYTHING.
>>
File: 1388852900389.jpg (386KB, 1000x1395px) Image search: [Google]
1388852900389.jpg
386KB, 1000x1395px
If my Fighter/Rouge Battle Master uses Manuvering Attack, does the wording allow me to add Sneak Attack damage to the attack?
>>
>>51445634
Yes.
You're making a weapon attack.

Same reason you can sneak attack with shit like booming blade.
>>
>>51445337
Well, I suppose I shouldn't argue about the frequency of magical items.

The deal with magical items is what the magical items mean.

If they're just sporadic 'okay, every few levels you're all going to get a tailored item or bunch of random magical loots' then at most you'll expand their options in combat and at worst you'll confuse everyone over a mess of magic items, devalue their class abilities and make magic items.. Not special.

3rd and 4th editions of D&D relied somewhat more on the players getting magical items, normally. It was kind of 'required for the power curve' because the game expected you to get them and had all sorts of rules for magic item shops and the like.
5e decided to go back more to the roots and say 'screw that' and make magical items not something you should assume you'll get quite as much - magic items are better if they have a reason they're in the player's possession (The players hunted it down, got it on-loan from someone, made a sacrifice for it), has a purpose (you need to bring it to a temple, it's to help defeat an enemy and then you return it after, the item marks you as a god's champion, etc) and then the item has fun uses (in combat and out of combat) without being something you just use every day because it'll come off cooldown in the morning.

That's just my opinion, but just throwing a load of magical loot at the players feels soulless. There's little meaning to it, you might as well give the players all a level up.
>>
>>51445625
Found the link to the thread, here. >>51399113
Basically though, he got mindcontrolled, tried to kill us with psychic powers when we were already low on health, so I threw him far enough away he couldn't hurt us, then the aboleth came out of the water and ate him. We're also, as I said, three level 11's.
>>
>>51445655
Sexy, thanks
>>
>>51445696
Then tell the dragon what happened and ask for its help in getting revenge on the aboleth.
>>
>>51445721
You know, I hadn't considered that. Alright, rephrasing the question, how do we stay alive in combat with him long enough to explain it.
>>
>>51445754
They're still good dragons.
If you're not hostile and wanting to explain yourself with no signs of hostility it should hear you out unless your DM just wants to kill you.

Even chromatic dragons would probably want to hear what someone has to say, just because begging prey is more hilarious to them.
>>
>>51445797
Hmm, fair enough. Never actually faced a dragon that wasn't evil prior to this campaign, so i'm probably just jumpy. They're big fuckers.
>>
>>51445816
If the dragon seems into this kind of thing.
Offer enough gold coins to melt over the aboleth's skull after you kill it and let the dragon keep it as a trophy.
>>
>>51445843
Will do, thank you for the advice.
>>
Any suggestions for spells for a level 3 College of Lore bard to fit a disney princess-esque character?

I'm having a hard time balancing effectiveness and theme.

Here's what I have so far:
Vicious Mockery and Minor Illusion for cantrips. Animal Friendship and Healing Word for level 1
Animal Messenger and Silence for level 2
>>
>>51444729
Vestal from darkest dungeon. Good taste my friend.
>>
>>51444729
>https://i.gyazo.com/3f1d230f43f8a91d9ca77bd14cf1d95f.png
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

We all agree that if this isn't the Mystic class and is instead some shitty Sorc and/or Wiz dump, we riot, right?
>>
>>51445935
Well, they are doing three classes i one unearthed arcana, and they're all casters, so they've got to think of fluffy spells and shit. I can understand the delay. However, they'd best have like three things for each.
>>
>>51445084
Wet erase mat with 1" squares, draw whatever layout you want.
>>
>>51445953
You don't need to invent new spells to make new archetypes for casters. Wizards and Sorcs don't even get extended spell lists.
>>
>>51445953
>Well, they are doing three classes i one unearthed arcana
Wait what? Where was this said?
>>
Since last thread someone wanted a bit of an update, I made a few minor word changes and added in a ribbon ability. Critique is always welcome.
>>
>>51446017
Wasn't it Wizard, Sorc and Warlock?
>>
>>51446049
I didn't know they were combining them into one UA. They don't usually announce this stuff beforehand anyways, so I was curious where it came from.

Personally I'm hoping for a UA Revised Sorc + UA Sorc origins, but I tend to be disappointed by UAs.
>>
>>51446073
Well, they did ranger and rogue last time, I know they're doing warlock next, and I should think they're doing sorcerer and wizard too, pretty sure I saw that somewhere. They're probably gonna do at least one more UA Sorc origin, a UA Warlock pact, but not sure what they'd give a wizard, all the spell schools are already done.
>>
>>51446027
Why do you get proficiency in persuasion?
>>
>>51446117
My reasoning for it is that to get people to listen to you at all, you need to persuade them into trusting you and your plans. After all, if you fuck something up at all in any sort of tactical decision, people will die. Thus, persuasion is something I feel like a lot of tacticians, strategists, and military commanders possess.
>>
New player told me they wanted to play as an alchemist, as in the potion-making kind and not the transmuting kind. Any suggestions for 5e?
>>
>>51446202
new UA class, Artificer. One of the subclasses is Alchemist. That's probably pretty useful, not sure how many potions they make though.
>>
File: BuffedSorcerer.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
BuffedSorcerer.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Thoughts? Building on input in the last thread. The basic idea is to help the sorcerer be on more even footing with the other full casters. Just wanna be sure I didn't mess it up.

Still to do:
>Come up with less dorky name for "sorcery points".
>>
>>51445476
Formidable
>>
>>51445476
Festive
>>
>>51445476
With cute obsessions they hide well and take extremely seriously.
>>
>>51446027
>use Intelligence instead of Charisma
Using a different ability score is already a variant rule, and I don't think it's a stretch to use Intelligence for Persuasion without a class feature. I think it'd be better to leave that up to the DM's discretion. But maybe that's just me.

Making the range of Help 30 feet kind of breaks it. If you don't have to put yourself in harm's way, it becomes a matter of "why would you ever not use it out of combat". If nothing else, limit it to "when you use Help to grant an ally advantage on an attack roll".

Stratagem is basically Commander's Strike except it doesn't require you to spend any resources, or a bonus action, or one attack, or your ally's reaction. Do you see the problem with that? Like, I think Commander's Strike is kinda overly demanding (a bonus action AND one of your attacks?), but this is just ridiculous.

Tip the Scales is a bit underwhelming. All it's doing is saving you one turn. I could kind of understand the benefit if it were a cleric or a bard who could then heal/buff more people at once.

Unless this means you can maintain a concentration-dependent spell on two targets instead of one. Though lots of spells like that, especially at higher levels, already let you select multiple allies. And if you were going for that, it's not clear.
>>
>>51446351
>Come up with less dorky name
I admire your spirit, but this is Dungeons and Dragons. Making it less dorky is a ship that sailed so long ago it's not even on the register anymore.
>>
>>51446027
Looking good, I think.
But I do agree the 'use intelligence instead of charisma' is unnecessary, giving less reason for the character to have good charisma and it kinda gives them too many abilities overall if you throw it in.

>>51446143
The tactician doesn't necessarily need great persuasion skills - they're working out tactics amongst a small band of adventurers or friends, not amongst hundreds of soldiers.
>>
>>51446539
You'll never get anything done with that attitude.
>>
File: [MRGRGRS Internally].jpg (47KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
[MRGRGRS Internally].jpg
47KB, 430x430px
Help me, /5eg/. I recently acquired the Bestow Curse spell, but I'm not clever enough to think of curses beyond the examples given. I feel like using it for role playing reasons, so what kind of curses can one bestow with this spell?
>>
What are the chances they'll ever update the Kensei? It didn't grab me at first but I've warmed to it since. Running around with a longsword playing Dr.McNinja sounds kinda fun desu.
>>
>>51444876

A few days, usually. You might get an audience-recorded version earlier, but the official version with the animated intros usually come later.
>>
File: 59203999_p0_master1200.jpg (684KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
59203999_p0_master1200.jpg
684KB, 849x1200px
>>51446505
>>51446560
Appreciate the critique! Allow me to respond.

1. Would it be better to double your proficiency bonus for Persuasion then, instead of allowing you to use Intelligence?

2. The point of help being 30 is to sorta break it, realistically I have never seen anyone in any 5e game I've played ever use it, it is way too restrictive(in the player's mindset) for someone to willingly offer up their attack action to -maybe- have an other ally hit it. Likewise, using it to give advantage on other tasks such as using a mage hand to help steal a guard's keys makes sense to me.

3. Maybe my poor wording for Strategem is what makes it appear too similar and strong. You do use an attack/cantrip to activate it, and it was supposed to consume your ally's reaction as well. I'll fix the wording a bit more to properly represent how I intended it to be used.

4. Tip the Scales is supposed to allow you to double concentrate, but I admit my biggest weakness in making homebrews is the capstone. Any alternative ideas for it?
>>
>>51446505
Not the person who made it, but

I don't think the help thing was intended to be used on skills at 30ft, but it should certainly specifiy that it's for attacks either way.

The deal with the 'commander's strike' thing is that a lot of martials already can find ways of getting reaction attacks and the wizard has to actually spend an action on a cantrip or melee attack rather than spell. And then the ally doesn't have a reaction, I guess. I suppose limiting it to 3 to 5 times a long rest or requiring you to actually hit your target or even give up the bonus action advantage to do it might work.

Tip the scales is pretty much twinned spell. Twinned spell costs metamagic points which could be turned into spell slots, and wizards get a spell slot regeneration feature anyway, so it's pretty much a slightly more expensive twinned spell, and I wouldn't say that's bad. Stepping on sorcerer's toes a bit, but by the wording it sounds like it works for concentration spells such as haste.
>>
>>51446580
Every lover will betray your trust and become unfaithful
>>
>>51446693
The curse of cuck.
>>
>>51446635
I think getting rid of the persuasion thing completely would be best. There's already a couple of ribbonish features there alongside the proper stuff, and that's enough. Persuasion should be left to if the player wants to take proficiency in it and/or good charisma.

Most other things are addressed >>51446653
Tip the scales is fine, I think. Capstones don't have to be overwhelming great, and twinned spell (at least half or more of twinned spell's usage is on your own teammates) is good enough.

I'd probably disallow skill check help at 30ft but the DM can always allow it anyway if you make up a thing with mage hand or something.

And I'd probably do something for the level 6 feature to sliiightly nerf it but not as heavily as other anon implied, like require you to actually hit with your cantrip/melee attack.
>>
File: School of War.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
School of War.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51446727
After taking what people have said into consideration, I have made some slight changes and reworded Strategem slightly.

One of the biggest reasons why I don't want to add on a "hit" clause to the 6th level ability for the help action is to allow the players to be inventive with it. Using prestidigitation and throwing glitter or sparkles into their face generally makes them reflexively try to protect their face or close their eyes. Same way that hitting them with a flaming sword or bolt might.
>>
>>51446580
If you are going for something beyond just "lolsorandom fart curse," then you could always give aesthetic curses (giving a woman a beard or causing someone's hair to fall out). Other fun curses could include:
>Causing someone's every footstep to make squeaky noises (bane of all stealth users)
> Forcing a mannerism on someone (i.e., they get a habit like whistling a certain tune or adding certain words at the end of their sentences)
>Depriving them of any one sense (blindness/deafness is lower level, after all)
>Gender-swap
>Height-reduction
>Eating/drinking doesn't sate hunger/thirst (or the reverse: always feel full or hydrated even when you aren't)

Messing with the senses, verbal patterns, and astethics of a person can be really devilish. Try to argue certain mechanical debuffs to some of these (i.e., height reduction could reduce movement speed by 5 ft if strong enough, and squeaky curses would probably impose a big stealth problem). Adding caveats to make them only activate under certain conditions can also make the curses more subtle and potentially more devastating in the right situation.
>>
File: Fuck you.png (5KB, 239x258px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you.png
5KB, 239x258px
>>51446886
>Curse of Tourette Syndrome
>Disadvantage on all persuasion and deception checks, advantage on intimidation checks.

I like it.
>>
>>51446850
Actually, I seem to have had it in my head that the level 2 feature gave you help as a bonus. That was the later one.

Only odd thing now is that level 10 says 'hit with a melee weapon or cast a cantrip' which implies you'd have to hit with melee but not with a cantrip. But then again, some cantrips are save throw based...
It'd have to be like 'When a cantrip you cast or a weapon hits a creature or a creature fails a cantrip's saving throw'.

I don't know about others, but I think this version is good.
>>
5e class tier list?
>>
>>51447044
I like the way you think anon.
>>
>>51447068
Yeah, it seems to be overly convoluted when trying to come up with specific wording to deal with cantrips being used for the 10th level feature. I'd just opt to leave it as is(providing it isn't entirely busted) and have the DM make a judgement call, or have the player have a bit of self-control.
>>
>>51447076
1 - Bard, Theurg Wizard, Divination Wizard, Chosen of the gods Sorc
2 - All other casters full casters
3 - Martial + Warlocks + Half casters
Shit tier might be champion fighter and barbarians
>>
>>51447076
>top tier
Paladin and all full casters except sorcerer and warlock.
>2nd tier
Pretty much everybody else.

There's a bit of deviation depending on archetypes and what people do. For example, monks can often get into third tier if the players don't play them properly or a wolf barbarian might be top-tier in an all-melee party. Similarly, multiclasses can sometimes reach top tier too, but generally there isn't any multiclass that goes beyond top tier except broken shit nobody would ever allow.
>>
>>51447076
What is that filename?
>>
>>51447184
>barbarians
>shit tier
How so?
>>
>>51447184
>paladins 3rd tier
>favored soul better than wizard except for two archetypes
>champion is shit tier but Wot4E isn't
nah, nah
>>
>>51447076
1. Bards because of sheer flexibility, skill monkeying, full casting, and the ability to fucking steal spells from other classes.
2. Paladins because of spells, smith damage, and starting with heavy armor.
3. Wizards because they are wizards and are the best casters, though they start weak.
4. Sorcerers start better than wizards and can do cool shit with metamagic and sorcery points.
5. Clerics have always been an amazing, and they are solid and versatile with their domains.
6. Rangers with UA revision deal amazing ranged damage with marks and make good secondary healers to support the party.
7. Druids can cast some unique spells other classes don't get access to and their wildshapes let fight up close or solve problems creatively.
8. Fighters deal stupid amounts of damage all the time and options like battlemaster let them control enemies the way a caster would.
9. Monks are very ability score dependent and sort of backed into a corner in terms of stat spread, but stunning strike will never be not broken.
10. Warlocks can deal great damage and make the best arcane blasters, but that's really the only thing their good at. Still a fun class, but I feel other classes are better as a whole.
11. Rogues are easily replaceable. Their damage is sizable but they don't out damage fighters who get better hit dice and can wear better armor.
12. Barbarians are worse than fighters. I love being big punchy man, but not being able to cast spells while raging, being dependent on three stats, losing out on fighting styles, and not getting heavy armor to start really hamper this class.
>>
>>51446693
>>51446716
this made me laugh more than it should have
>>
File: Savant Homebrew.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Savant Homebrew.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I didn't like how Sorcerers were basically just less versatile mages, so I combined them with Warlocks to create Savants, magic users who don't need arcane focuses to cast spells, among other things.

I kind of just slapped this together, so things might be really broken.

Rate?
>>
I need help building a backstory /tg/. I am making a Wood Elf Artificer (Gunsmith), and I want to build him like a mad WWII/Vietnam veteran. I've run into the problem that Wood Elfs are peaceful hippies, so I need to think of a good reason why mine is adventuring.
>>
File: you did this.png (20KB, 176x158px) Image search: [Google]
you did this.png
20KB, 176x158px
So, trying again:
So I'm making a CR30 monster for a bunch of crazy ass adventurers messing with Time, and currently it has:
>AC of 25
>455HP
>attacks 6 times per turn doing on average 16 damage per hit
>can use a reaction every round
>the usual legendary resistances
>takes half damage if it should fail any saving throw to take damage, and takes none if it succeeds
>is immune to poison, necrotic and nonmagical weapons
>resistant to most common damage types
>can use legendary actions to cast slow
>can use all legendary actions at once to "undo" one attack against it
>is under the effects of foresight, so has advantage on attack rolls, ability checks and saving throws and creatures have disadvantage to hit it with attacks
Anything else I need to add? comparing it to Tiamat and the Tarrasque it seems to fall short.
>>
>>51447076

Tier 1 (In no particular order)
> Wizard, Cleric, Bard, Druid, Paladin

Tier 2
>Warlock, Sorcerer, Rogue, Ranger UA, Fighter

Tier 3
>Barbarian, Monk, PHB Ranger
>>
>>51447478
He used to be an archer like the rest of the hippies, got conked on the head with a dwarven artifact during a skirmish with em in one of their mines, woke up mad as fuck and with an innate knowledge of guns and guerilla warfare due to soul mixing shenanigans.
>>
>>51447478
How about going 'full man came to tear down their forests to expand cities', they fought guerrilla against humans, but as the humans' numbers grew, they were fighting a losing battle, even when their inventors invented a new weapon, the GUN.

So why are they adventuring? The forest has been torn down and their home is lost. Gathering forces to fuck those people up who fucked their forest.
>>
>>51447478
Probably something about the place they lived at coming under siege, slowly being destroyed and having to resort to asking dwarves or something for help, but ultimately whatever forest or place was lost and they took refuge in the dwarf place, giving up on a lot of their elvishness in trauama and for the sake of revenge.

I say all that because I don't see how elves would be making guns and such and get like that otherwise without some dwarfish intervention.
>>
>>51447522
Foresight just sounds like a pain because it serves to shove advantage and disadvantage everywhere, negating situational bonuses somewhat if you follow the 'advantages and disadvantages don't stack' rule meaning you can never ever get advantage on it no matter what

Half damage on all saves sounds like a pain considering the real dangerous save throw spells are the ones that cause status effects such as stunning and such. I mean, it already has advantage on the save, legendary resistance and likely resistance to the damage, and then if it uses the 'slow' spell presuming it's not a speed slow there's a chance they might not even get to cast the save throw spell in the first place.

That said it is sort of supposed to be bullshit, but I'd probably not pump everything purely into its defence abilities unless you're trying to be obnoxious.
>>
>>51447522
Never underestimate the power of legendary actions and multiple reactions, as it is now basically doing something every turn of combat.

Make sure it has retarded movement speed to cheese players with.

Some fun things you might consider adding:
>Giving it free Haste
>Giving it the ability to warp 120 ft as a legendary action
>Give it the ability to summon itself from the future as a free action once per day. It lasts for 1 round, and they can move separately but share hitpoints. At the start of its next turn, both warp out of existence and reappear where you want at the beginning of it's next turn.
>>
File: Njucto v1.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Njucto v1.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Reposting for more feedback; thanks to those two posters from before.

Currently common complaints are:
>Charisma bonus
>attempted keywording of free hands/standing
>Heavy Armor restriction to climb speed
>expand/reduce hand usage for spells, armor, and shield
>issues with grappling balance
>>
>>51447522
Give him shapechange, but make him shift into creatures from different timelines. Like, say they met a wizard, fucked with time, then they don't meet him because of their actions, this creature knows what they did, and uses him against them.
>>
>>51447468
>less versatile mages
I meant wizards. I'm so tired.
>>
>>51447468
Maybe post a version that's not slapped together if you want input.

Also this doesn't include the spell list, which is pretty critical.
>>
>>51447522
what -sort- of creature is it?
how large? what does it look like? what abilities does it have outside of combat? where did it come from?
>>
>>51447720
Sorcerer spell list can be used as placeholder.

And my "slapped together" means working on it 3 days and about 15 hours total, but, to me, that's basically slapping it together.
>>
>>51447647
The Foresight thing is unfortunately a necessity for the flavour, the thing opens the fight by saying it already knows how it ends and it is fate, it is inescapable yadda yadda
You're probably right about the save thing though, but the group has no full casters and the only member of the group that actually uses saves is the monk with his quivering palm, they are all lvl 20 with epic boons after all
>>51447662
It's pretty much already under haste alreay, having advantage on saving throws and high AC, I'm not sure adding extra attacks would go down too well Since it makes 2 attacks each at initiative 30, 20 and 10
warping 120ft may not be that helpful for it, they'd be going to it to fight and in a somewhat enclosed space
The future summon thing sounds very interesting though, thanks!
>>51447678
Also an interesting idea!
>>51447729
It's actually a medium sized construct that's usually incorporeal, but makes itself a body out of glass to fight. It's an AI that was originally designed to predict the future and eventually "evolved" to control and manipulate timestreams
>>
>>51447478
>I've run into the problem that Wood Elfs are peaceful hippies
Says who?

Mine's a sociopath that doesn't give two fucks about preserving nature, it's doing fine on its own.
>>
>>51447554
>>51447555
>>51447558
Brilliant stuff, I hadn't thought about dwarves being involved, but it all makes sense now. For once, the big forest and big mountain range in the setting I'm playing in are actually pretty close, so I can tie those together pretty well.

So, what I've put together so far:
>Invasion force screws over elves
>Elves losing, harsh battles cause PTSD
>Character wants revenge, but shitty arrows don't break siege equipment
>Clan of dwarves helps for plot reason, invention ensues
>Elf with thunder cannon still loses
>Character refuses to believe the war is over
>Gathering supplies to go on mad mission to retake forest
>Probably will end up destroying part of it by accident

This is going well.
>>
>>51447779
>glass body
when it gets hit by radiant damage, have it deal x radiant damage around it. or redirect it
>>
>>51447950
That's fucking genius. Thank you man!
>>
>>51447779
>Glass body
Make it explode into shards of time when it dies. If a PC dies to those, they're transported to a different timeline, never to see the party again, ala Doctor Who.
Or, if this isn't a final boss, just make it explode into normal glass.
>>
>>51446106
They've been alphabetical order so far. Where did you see warlock was next? I've been wondering if it was Sorc next, or all three. (Or maybe just Sorc/Warlock?)
>>
File: [Deep Internal Thoguhts].gif (203KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
[Deep Internal Thoguhts].gif
203KB, 640x350px
>>51446886
According to my DM, I am not allowed to Blind someone using Bestow Curse because it's too strong, but I'm wondering if you can cripple someone physically with Curse? Like they're leg will not recover properly so they walk with a limp, lowering their move speed for the duration?
>>
>>51445476
Depends on the dragon?
>>
File: crystalboypm2.jpg (380KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
crystalboypm2.jpg
380KB, 1280x960px
>>51447950
we cobra now
>>
>>51448049
You could give their legs a super boost on a random dice roll. Like if they roll a six they're forced to move 80ft in the direction they're facing. Just as inconvenient, useful for divide and conquer, and it's technically a buff.
>>
What creative ways have you or your group used pitons?
>>
>>51448049
Do you play with a grid?

>Curse: Two Left Feet
>The cursed creature cannot move to their right. Instead, they must move 5 feet left, three times, to complete a right turn.
>>
>>51448132
Fought a mad sorcerer trying to channel the power of all living dragons into himself on top of a mountain. Our dwarf barbarian ended up flinging his only ranged weapon, a piton from his climbing kit, so hard at the dude, he pulled his heart out of his chest instead of pulling the whole guy along with it. Then he ended up succeeding at his ritual with his dying breath, killing all dragons on the planet, and transferring their power into a stone, which became the macguffin in the next campaign, our new characters having to recover it from the tomb of our last dwarf, who ended up using it as a glass eye.
>>
>>51444729
>What did they mean by this?
Mearls is/was out of the country, Crawford is getting over illness, and they have other things to work on that are more important than putting out free playtest material.
>>
>>51445476
depends on the color/place they hold in the narrative, but usually cocky.
>>
Alright so I took a break from the game but now I'm seeing a lot of sorcerer hate I never saw before. I mean it's not as good as a Wizard but it can still do a good job so I'm wondering where it all came from.
>>
>>51445666
> not something you should assume you'll get quite as much
I mean, this just means that my DM gives us fuck-all really.
We're at level 9 right now and we've got a single magical weapon that isn't +1 and a wand of secrets.

Not sure how to feel about this.
>>
>>51445524
>that weapon design
Excuse me?
I'm usually not one for being autistic but what the fuck is that shit
>>
>>51448275
It's an anime weapon. It's also technically part of someone's soul, so it doesn't really weigh much. Lastly, he doesn't kill people with it immediately, he uses the magic effect, which is that it doubles the weight of anything it strikes, to wear people down, forcing them to either drop their weapon or be dragged to the floor with it. Then he kills them.
>>
>>51448257
>I'm wondering where it all came from.
It was all directed at Beastmasters before. The UA revised Ranger helped to fix that, so now we've moved on to the next-worst archetype.
>>
>>51448303
Beserkers and Elemental monks are much worse though.

Besides as a class isn't Sorcerer barely behind others?
>>
File: 1.png (319KB, 889x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
319KB, 889x1300px
>>51448275
1/2
>>
File: 2.png (447KB, 884x1300px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
447KB, 884x1300px
>>51448375
2/2
>>
>>51448389
>an even edgier scythe
>>
>>51448435
It's really not. It's square. You think edgelords are gonna go for a square weapon? Nah, they need spikes, or curves.
>>
>>51448435
>>51448446
It litterally has more edges than a scythe
>>
>>51448446
>edgelords won't go for the weapon with more edges
>>
>>51445476
Chromatics are the natural dragons. Metallics are the broken reflections when Tiamat was split in two.

Even Metallics, who are mean't to be good, are still selfish, prideful, the softer of sins. They're also still terrifying.
>>
>>51448336
Barb and Monk already got their UA's so I think people have given up on fixing them for the time being.

Berserkers get a bad rap too IMO, because people associate exhaustion with crippling everything your character does.
>>
File: Kek3.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Kek3.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Alright, since everyone else posted their homebrew I'll put this garbage up again at the risk of wearing out my welcome.

Hopefully everything is fixed in this joke-turned-PDF, but I'm always open to balance, spelling, clarity, etc. tweaks.

Hoping to move on to other projects now that I've dipped my toes in Homebrew. It's kind of addictive.
>>
File: oh my.jpg (151KB, 962x657px) Image search: [Google]
oh my.jpg
151KB, 962x657px
How much damage should a creature take for being dragged across the ground at high speeds (roped to a galloping horse or other large creature)? Damage equivalent to falling?
>>
Which UA is favored soul sorc in again? I cant find it for the life of me.
>>
>>51448650
I know what it is in, but I do not know what it was called. The article was about "modifying classes."
>>
>>51448680
Thanks, didn't think to look in there
>>
>>51448650
Class Design Variants.

>>51448336
But those are archetypes, not full classes.

>Besides as a class isn't Sorcerer barely behind others?
Basically. The balance in 5e is pretty good, so little differences stand out more. And the sorcerer has the problem that it's basically just "wizard but worse", which means its problems get magnified even further.
>>
>>51447468
>>51447720
Actually, here's a new version with the spell list in the end.

Total time worked on the class: I dunno, probably like 13-16 hours.
>>
File: Iono.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
Iono.png
12KB, 560x407px
>>51448680
That one's a gem

>DON'T GIVE SORCS MORE SPELLS

>HERE'S A FAVORED SOUL SUBCLASS, IT GETS MORE SPELLS
>>
>>51445084
I printed out the maps found in the trove and made tokens out of 1 inch diameter washers. I glued tokens pictures onto the washers that i made using token tool. I also cut the maps apart so the players only see the rooms they've been in. It's a lot of work but my players enjoy it.
>>
>>51448475
Which lore are you getting that from? I thought metallics came from bahamut abd chromatics came from tiamat, and those two were created when Io was split in two.
>>
>>51445277
Is that your party? What the fuck is this, /pfg/? Every one of those needs to commit suicide IRL except the elf with the bow because that's clearly a new player.
>>
>>51448740
I hate that my group is filled with TotM wankers because they're all lazy
>>
>>51448774
My own lore?

The question was how do we like them.

That's how I like them.

I find Bahamut largely redundant, and if I do use him it's likely as a massive sort of sky dragon you cannot see wholly from end to end, that comes to purge the world of wickedness by destroying it.
>>
What is wrong with the anon(s) hating the art of aboleth-anon's party?

>>51448649
I'd say 1d4 for every 10ft dragged at high speed.
>>
>>51448740
>maps found in the trove
Which maps are you talking about? The ones from the adventure modules, or are there more than those?
>>
>>51445264
Resistance to everything but slashing damage. Describe slashing damage as removing limbs. Describe certain intervals of non-slashing damage as the same.
>>
>>51448782
they're all relatively new players. it's our third campaign
>>
>>51448843
>What is wrong with the anon(s) hating the art of aboleth-anon's party?
It's just 4chan's usual
>stop liking what I don't like
>>
Can someone spoonfeed me as to why Paladins seem to always be at the top of people's tier lists?

I just don't see it. I am a very new DnD player.
>>
File: UQRJu7d.jpg (808KB, 3718x2092px) Image search: [Google]
UQRJu7d.jpg
808KB, 3718x2092px
>>51445084
minis/props!
>>
>>51449050

Iits a top tier damage dealer and murderer of things that has amazing built in defensive capabilities and just enough magic to get from point A to point B
>>
>>51449082

Oh and forgot they get to share said defensive capabilities in an AOE with their party which is fuggin fantastic
>>
>>51449050
Charisma based mean it's good at Social Pillar.
High burst damage mean it's good at Combat Pillar.
Divine Sense mean it's okay at Exploration Pillar.

Being a half caster help too. There are many situation that you can solve with the right spell like Command,Locate Object,Zone of truth

Also in 5e, PC rarely increase their saving throw (like +1 every 4 level, I think?). Paladin's aura suddenly bump their saving throw by +3 to +5.
>>
>>51449050
It can literally do basically everything at least decently, and excels at beating on fools, avoiding death, and protecting others from death.
>>
>>51449099
this my dude
>entire party fireballed
>everyone has +4 on the saving throw and spell damage reduction
>paladin takes no damage with shield master
>monk takes no damage
>barb gets a slap on the wrist
>cleric that doesn't heal starts dying, as usual
>>
If Mystra blessed or made a magical item for one of her Chosen, what would that item be like and what would it do?
>>
>>51449115
I'm playing a polearm master paladin. Am I bad at the game for doing this? Should I have went more def oriented?

I always play pally, but this time I wanted to change it up and go no shield.
>>
>>51449238

You just choose GWM/PAM/Sentinel and hope your campaign lasts long enough to get some ASIs. You then hit like a truck stop things from moving and enjoy being murder machine
>>
>>51449292
I was going to get mounted combatant instead of GWM. I wanted to be a mounted pally who uses a lance/glaive for flavour.
>>
Speaking of mounted combatant...

What can you still do with bardic super horse? I believe double spiritual guardian is out of the window right?
>>
>>51449238
Try and convince your DM to let you take Tunnel Fighter as your Fighting Style. Real good when you take PAM and threaten with reach.
>>
>>51449115
Any classes that excel at both Social and Exploration tiers?
>>
>>51449608
Sadly we have already made our characters and started our campaign.
>>
>>51449549
Magic Jar
>>
>>51449633
Social and Exploration?
Bards.
Exploration and Combat?
Bards.
Combat and Social?
Bards.
All three?
Bards.
.......Bards
>>
>>51449633
Moon Druid. Because you can afford feat and investment in CHA (and also Enhance Ability spell).
>>
File: Poor doggo.jpg (80KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
Poor doggo.jpg
80KB, 500x433px
Allow Paladin to have Griffon as find steed y/n?
Flying isn't a problem, just worried about the CR compared to the mounts the spell usually allows for
>>
>>51449888
If it is, just funnel the stats into something equivalent like a warhorse or something.
>>
>>51449888
It's fine. Find Steed become a controlled mount when Paladin ride on it. It can't attack.
>>
>>51448888
Yeah the ones from the modules. They're really high rez so they look good when you print them at 1 square per inch.
>>
>>51444729
Hey /5eg/, I need help making a character.

Stats Rolled: 12, 15, 14, 13, 18, 15

The GM is also allowing us to take on an extra proficiency and a feat, but start at level 1.

What should I build?
>>
>>51450049
Could you tell us a concept you're interested in or something you want to do? It's a super vague question otherwise, and half your answers will be 8 INT Wizard and Kobold Dragon Hunting Party.
>>
>players finally encounter villain last night
>expect a rather equal fight, maybe more leaning towards the enemies favor
>they keep their distance
>villain has advantage against all spell saves
>no legendary spell resistance, however
>lightning bolt from one angle
>roll 4, 3
>lightning bolt from another player
>3, 6
>fireball from another player
>5, 4
>he tries to escape the barrage
>gets entangled by the Drood
>proceeds to get mercilessly fucked in melee by the Paladin after

Any of your villains go out like a punk bitch recently, /5eg/?
>>
>>51450062
I don't have any preference really.

I just want to see whacky, but somewhat useful builds. Maybe something that involves cooking.
>>
File: 1484151377430.jpg (42KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1484151377430.jpg
42KB, 540x540px
How fucked am I guys
>> Party know there's a group of gnolls near town they just rescued
>> Scout it out, find that they're very large and well organised, actually built a few towers and stuff
>> They've captured a lot of people from the surrounding area and are carting them by the dozen to a cave or something nearby
>>party decides fuck it we might as well attack
>> attack goes over well, druid and barbarian get in thick off it while cleric and wizard strafe and blast on flying mount
>>check out cave, its spooky and all the prisoners are brought in there and don't return
>> about on ridge is stone cap, try to break in that way, only a crack though
>> give up and just barge in down the tunnel
>>all the gnolls are dead, there is a huge pile of bodies, all the prisoners and some gnolls
>> the blood is drained and flowing in under door that would be under the stone seal on surface
>> freaky groaning so party bails
>>party come back with a high level druid after talking to the harpers
>> the party druid and the npc druid decide to have a peak in the crack by wild shaping
>> two lil spiders climb down walls and see a massive pool of blood
>> a draconic form pulls itself from the pool and says "who dares disturb my slumber"
>> session ends

I'm the druid and I have 1 point of exhaustion. I think I'm screwed, we're level 9 (the barbarian is only 6 actually).
The npc druid and myself are probably gonna die
>>
>>51450115
>How fucked am I guys
Fucked Level: Asian woman in bukakke vid.
>>
Looking for a bit of advice, lads.

I'm rolling a Paladin at level 8 for a continuation of an earlier campaign (retired my monk) and I'm not sure if it's worth it to go Polearm considering my DM doesn't use the Marking rules.

I saw some suggestions about going PAM with Tunnel Fighter if the DM will allow it but I'm not sure he will. At the moment, I'm just going to go GWF/GWM (Human Variant) and go with a pair of Ability Score buffs at 4 and 8 over feats. I believe our bard is taking Inspirational Leader, or Inspiring Presence, whatever it's called, and I'm really just wondering how effective I'll be.

Our party make-up is: War Cleric, Great Weapon/BM Fighter, Ranger, Warlock, Lore Bard, and my Paladin.

Am I going to be helpful, or are we too melee heavy? Any advice on build or a possible reroll would be appreciated as we haven't started yet.
>>
Is there a way to calculate what an elf looks like in human years?

What age would an elf be to look around 16 in human years? 40?
>>
>>51450208
ask your gm, if you are the gm, make shit up.
>>
>>51450111
>>51450049
>>51450062
Lucky Halfling Diviner Wizard
>>
>>51450105
Do you make your rolls visible to the players? If so stop. If soemthing goes really one sided due to shit rolls then just change the results.
>>
>>51450115
Cast antilife shell and then stone wall before running away in spider form or something? You're level 9, you got tons of options/
>>
>>51450208
It depends on the fantasy world, but some elves live thousands of years looking not a day over 20.
>>
>>51450208
Elves mature at a speed en par with humans. He'd look like a 16 year old human at 16. The aging just becomes suspended once they reach maturity.
>>
>>51450246
> fudge roll
While this could be a useful tool. It should be your last resort. Losing your player trust is a pretty big issue, and it will only make them go for combo that can't be fudge (like Sleep / Hypnotic pattern / Portent + Polymorph) next time
>>
>>51450316
My rule is to only fudge a roll when it would make the game better or more interesting and ONLY sometimes. Anon should have fudged a roll to allow the villain to escape, but one of the blasts charred his skin or a swing of a sword ripped off a hand or arm. This would have allowed the villain to escape but also given the party a sense of accomplishment. Not only that but it would have also made the villain have more of a reason to kill them.
>>
I'm running two players through some adventuring. A Halfling Thief Rogue and a Goliath Wolf Totem Barbarian. They both spec'd into Stealth. They actually 1v1'd a castle and won, solely on stealth checks and running up walls.

What the fuck do I do?
>>
>>51450431
>What the fuck do I do?
enjoy your awesome players?
>>
File: 1422317851410.jpg (187KB, 610x800px) Image search: [Google]
1422317851410.jpg
187KB, 610x800px
>>51450462
They really are awesome and I'm lucky to have them, but I need to prevent them from facerolling the whole setting. It would run counter to the general theme of "No True Victories, No Hopeless Defeats". It's been constant in this setting for at least 4 other adventures. It's just this team that's winning on all four cylinders.

For the record: They liked the previous grimness.
>>
File: tarrasque.jpg (59KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
tarrasque.jpg
59KB, 400x296px
How likely is the average joe schmoe to survive an encounter with a Tarrasque?
>>
>>51450274
I none of those prepared, since I didn't rest because I was keeping a tight eye on a gnoll prisoner, and I have a few of my slots burnt
>>
>>51450521
It's immune to magic weapons and can make like 12 attacks in a round at +19 each, dealing like 15 to 40 damage each.

So not likely at all.
>>
>>51450521
a sacrifice, preferably of an individual who trusts you greatly, can make many situations easy to overcome

this is one of them
>>
>>51450561
How good is it at smelling hiding people?
>>
>>51450514
in that case, do what anyone else worried about sneaky people do. Get a fucking dog.

Also, put them in situations that don't have a "victory" condition. Have situations where they have to survive, not win; or situations where the bad guys already won, now you just have to make sure they don't win too big.
>>
>>51450573
It has +0 to Perception... but 120 foot blindsight.
>>
>>51450417
That is a good DMing skill.
>>
Alright my DM's said he trusts us enough to allow all UA but if one of us proves to ridiculous he'll make us make a new character.

What's a good option for a Mystic Theurge that isn't life?
>>
>>51450579
I like doing the dog thing. That makes very good sense.

I always have run this setting with the idea that Evil will always target someone vulnerable, as opposed to fighting anyone with strength unless they had to. The players lost an entire family to a demonic possession once because they thought the Demon would fight fair. Instead, it distracted them with shadow men until it had already possessed a little boy, ate his soul, and then ran off into the night. The whole family died in the process.

While victory conditions exist in this setting, I and my players usually end up seeing a weird middle ground most days. Demon got the kid, but we saved the town. Cultists stole the artifact, but the priests yet live. Griffon ate a bunch of people, but we got him before it could kill more, etc, etc.

The problem was last game where they unequivocally smashed the enemy's shit and got away.
>>
>>51450431
How do they won? No one use ready action to grapple or attack them when they reveal themselves? No AoE rain of arrow? No bag of flour??
>>
>>51450646
> playing theurge
But your DM trust you anon... why would you betray him by playing the most OP UA right out of the bat.
>>
>>51450646
>What's a good option for a Mystic Theurge that isn't life?
death
>>
>>51450659
The players were akin to the flicker of a shadow at midnight. They ghosted the entire castle, and called in a rather large distraction (read: huge fireball) when someone finally put 2 and 2 together. Combined with a crazy move speed on the Goliath's part and a well-placed boat, they were out of there in seconds.

It was like watching the Hulk cast silence before a rampage.
>>
>>51450672
I don't want to go Life because it gives me all the best spells right off the bat. I'm going to try and focus on thematic choices over op ones. Also if I get high enough I'm not using the unlimited cure wounds.

>>51450683
The one choice I completely forgot about. It's actually pretty good so thanks.
>>
>>51450683
I've never looked at that. Hows it stack up compared to Neco school?
>>
>>51450708
Theurge is OP even with trickery domain.
>>
What's a good way to run an encounter where three of my player characters attempt to ambush an NPC bounty hunter that's been searching for one of them? Should I give the NPC some plausible stooge allies that he either picked up or befriended? How many would be appropriate, considering the NPC is roughly a PC of the target's level, in terms of individual power. Is there a better approach than minions without just making the dude absurdly competent (which would contradict his fluff?) I'd like the encounter to be memorable without just being a slog against an HP sack.
NPC is a Battlemaster Fighter who likes the rapier/shield combo for tough tussles.
>>
>>51450724
Giving it a look... It's the Theurge so it's hard to be bad but none of the powers have a real wow factor for a wizard.
>>
>>51450749
Give him legendary actions or 2 body guards that are below level by 1.

Maybe give him a spell/gadget that, while not lethal, they players will have to work around it.
>>
>>51450749
definitely give him some stooges. Someone's gotta carry all the supplies, after all.
>>
Is it petty to TPK my party as a DM beause the game is not fun anymore?

Basically the players Im DMing for argue almost every rule, play as murder hobos, and personally attack me when things dont go their way.

They're coming up against a dragon in rise of the tiamat and I know theyre going to lose. Normally, I would help them in some way with a magical buff or have the paladins god intervene, but Im thinking ill just do nothing and have them die and end the campaign.

Petty or no?
>>
>>51450784
>>51450786
What about 2 stooges and some legendary actions that are just pocket sand and other little tricks, so it's not a total fucking stompfest, but the guy looks like he's plucky as fuck?
>>
>>51450825
Yes, it's petty. Just tell them you don't want to run anymore, like a grown human adult.
>>
>>51450833
sounds good to me bromigo

>>51450825
>Is it petty to TPK my party as a DM beause the game is not fun anymore?
You already know it is, or you wouldn't have asked.
listen to this anon >>51450835
>>
>>51450855
Cool. The PCs are all fucking dickheads, so they'll probably take the dude alive and fucking torture him or some shit, but I want them to at least remember it.
>>
>>51450835
>>51450855
Does it change things if I have already tried talking to them and their response is either: "I dont know" or "Just let us do whatever then"
>>
Has anyone got stats for the Longsnout Dragonmask?
>>
>>51450903
>Does it change things if...
No, don't be a dickhead, if they don't change their ways, just tell them you are done.
>>
Is it reasonable for me, as a human, to ask the DM for some kind of night vision trinket? A lot of this campaign is apparently going to be set in the underdark and my allies are all equipped with nightvision. I'll gladly earn it, though simply buying it or a quest, but I don't want to put the DM in a spot where he feels he has to give it to me.

Is it OP to have an item like that? Is there a magical item that's common that would allow our party to not be too hindered if we went to obtain it?
>>
>>51450903
Talk to them, very bluntly, that they need to change their attitude or you walk.

If they still refuse, have your fun, TPK them, and then walk.
>>
>>51446498

Oh god now I have to do this, it's too cute!
>>
>>51450941
Belt of Dwarven Kind or something to give you darkvision would probably be appropriate
>>
File: Dugeon.jpg (148KB, 1021x764px) Image search: [Google]
Dugeon.jpg
148KB, 1021x764px
Where can I find the PDF with those things to download and print it?
>>
>>51450942
This is pretty much my current plan, I've told them its not enjoyable fun for me and the time I spend incorperating their stories and magic items feels wasted.

If they don't change by the end of the next session where they meet the dragon that will be it.
>>
How should I stat a goblin cultist/priest of a god of chaos?

It should be like a miniboss. I had an idea of featuring a Giant Toad in the encounter because the goblin tribe are all about toads and the effects of licking magic ones.
>>
>>51450941
Goggles of Night are a thing.
>>
>>51451347
What level is the party and how powerful should this goblin cultist be? I suggest you take a look at the Cult Fanatic NPC sheet and add to that goblin traits such as darkvision and Nimble Escape.
>>
>>51451347
Volo's Guide: Nilbog

enjoy.
>>
So the class sheets in the link of the OP have a "Reference Page", where can I find this page as a form fillable?
>>
>>51451432
Level 2.

>>51451443
I have a Nilbog featured in the big boss of the dungeon with a Goblin Boss "King" and a Nilbog "fool"
>>
>>51450941
If you are a variant human? A firm NO.
>>
>>51451540
yeah

Why? Just too much all in one package?
>>
What do you think of this weaponized macguffin not ever meant to actually be used ingame (but still statted anyway as it's the end goal of the entire setting)

It's essentially weaponized CHIM.

The Truth
Cantrip
School: All
Casting time- 5 minutes, the target must be in range the entire time
Range: Special (Unlimited, as long as you are able to be heard and understood)
Duration: Infinite
Components: V

You have learned the ultimate truth of reality and survived.

You can tell this truth to others.

All sentient creatures that can hear and understand you must make a DC40 WIS, INT, or CHA save to comprehend The Truth or have their soul cease to exist, instantly killing them. This DC cannot be lowered or mitigated in any way. Creatures killed this way cannot be revived by any means, including divine intervention by gods.

Any creature that passes their save learns this cantrip, and has all XP and future XP gained multiplied by 500. In addition they learn the spell Wish and can cast it at will and have all limits on character and ability scores removed.

Essentially this is how the current Gods came into being, though the first to learn it did so through a different means.

The truth is ripped off from TES, reality is a dream of a sleeping godhead.
>>
>>51451995

>DC 40
>on a saving throw
>in Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition

>The truth of the universe only takes 5 minutes to explain
>hearing it kills you
>infinite XP
>Wish at will

Yeah I get where it comes from and the fact it's supposed to be the end goal of everything but honestly providing statistics for it just feels wrong brochacho.
>>
I am currently playing Tyranny of dragons and my group is planning on playing through Rise of Tiamat so we will be playing levels 1-15.

My current character is Human (2) Monk with rolled stats and the observant feat (wis). So currently I am sitting at 3, 18, 15, 11, 20, 9.

What are my options, path wise, to take? I was thinking of going monk 11 (Kensei)/ fighter 4(battlemaster) that way I can make the most of action economy and be able to function completely off of short rests.

What is the best way to do this? I was thinking that I would go monk 8 (to take advantage of evasion at 7 and the ASI at 8) then go 4 into fighter (for battlemaster and the additional ASI) then ride it out on monk.

For my ASIs I was planning on maxing dex at 4 and take defensive duelist at 8 (giving me 25 AC using my reaction when coupled with Kensei monk +2).

What should I take for my 3rd feat/ASI?
>>
>>51452285
>>51451995
Your spell stat should essentially be "It's the beginning and the end."

Putting it in sensible terms does not an "end of the universe spell" make.
>>
>>51451995
Let me redo that for you

The Truth

͉͍̱̱̠̗̣ͯ͆̀͛̓͛̒͗ͅ ͤ̂͆ͪ̂ͮ̓ͨ͏̬̮̦̞̟ ̗̱͉͕̠̘ͩͤ͘̕
̡̳̗͖͇̐̋ ̩̪̾̃͝ ̷̡͍͙̘̭̺͕̱͉̻ͮͣͫ̒ͫ͑͜ ̭͈̟̦͍͇͙͈ͧͦ̈́͊ͮͩ̽̐́̚ ̛͉̭̤̺͖̪͎ͩ̇ͧ̄̅͞ ̨͎͕̮̫͎͓̺ͦ́́̌̾̋͌͡ ̡̜̺̲͈̋̇ͅ ̙̝̆͋ͧ͡ ̵͛̒ͬ͊͒̒̽͌̅͏̪͇͖͇̰̠̼ ̬̞̠̆̓̓͟ ̷̡͚̪̰̪̦̬̺̣͛ͭ̂ͣͯ̄͝ ̖̦̮͉̓͗̔̒̉̐̈ͯ͞ͅ ̨̙̪̪̰̈̏͗͂͠ ͗ͬ̒̓͒͒͛͏͓̠̥̞̳ ̶̟̗͎͕͈̳͉̪̦̾̈́ͫ͊̄̌ͪ̚
̸̝̳͂̾̚ ̛͚̙̣̖͍̭̤ͣ ̧̙͇͔̮͇ͯͭ͒͑ͯ̿͂́̀ ̻̘ͮ̃ͭ̎̌ ̝͕̦̎ͮ̔ͤ͆ ͉̠̞̯̭͈͍̤ͤ̏̈́ ̶̡͉̝̤̫͖͇̼͓ͫͭ̎ͤ̉̆ͣ̚ ̨̟̝̍͆̽ͮͮ͗̀ ̱ͭ̊ͮͩ͡ ̱̠̣̘̲̳̲̫ͣ̿̋̃ͦ͑̔ ͉̝̅ͩ ̹̹̜̣̰̞̻ͮ͛̒͜ ̢̧̯͚̟̥̺̦̠̹ͧ͗̈ ̅̎͑̒̈́͏̩̳̟̲ ̶̢̜̗̖̤̠͎̩̲ͧͩ ̂̍ͬ͏̱̭͈̺͓̥̝̫ ̷̧̳̗̺͙̑ͨ ̴͚̩̥̞̈́̉̅ͬͪ̾̕͠ ̂ͣ͂͊ͫ̚͏͏͈̪̻̝̫ ̷̨̣̦̑̎̐ͬͣ̀ ͍̪̉͑ͮ͘ ͇͕̬͓͉͉̬̮͒ͭ͝ ̇͏̛̹͕͈̱̼̪͍͉ ̻̻̠̤̮ͧͮ͑ͧͫͧ̀͢ ̩̝̻͚̪̭̮̘ͨ̎̇̈́̍̕͞ ̧̪̩͎̥̮̖ͣ̊͑ͯ͂ͨͩͫ͘ ͉̝͓̹̾̅ ́̑̅͛̅̑͐͏͏̛͚ ̧̛̳̟̩̬̮̺̠ͤ̔͆̿̅ͦ́̚ ̵̔̓ͯͤ̋̓ͣ̚͏̜͚̜̩̲̙͓̳̮ ̢̮̲͎͍̬͚̳̽̽́͌ͩͫ͢ ̵̡͖̰͖̹͍̠͇͓̃͑͂ͬͯ̚ ̞̒͆̎ ̝̗͉̮̀ͩ͆ͪ̍̓͆

̯͎̟͍̭̩̣̟̍͋ͯ͊ ̣̹̹̞̫̹̬̦ͫ́ͣ͘ ̷͍̳̰̞̅̿ͣ̆̄ ̻̔ ͙̰͍͎̜̩̹͒͊̀͛͐ͣ̎̓ͨ́͞͝ ̯̱̮͎̺͇͔̃̑ͨ̈̅ ̦̺͙͇̪̩̅̿͑͛̒̏̎͂͆͝ ̭̘̬͊ͩͣͨ̚ ̶̦̦͎̖͖͙̻̰̂̈́ͪ̓͘ ̼͇̱̺͌ ̮̖̉̃̉ͣͪͦͫͨͧ͜ ̴̛̦̙̏͐ͫ͋̓̚ ̲̩̘ͫ̃̀͛͌̀ͨ ̸̸̼̦͓̲͚͕̒̐͛ͦ̃̇ ̼͎̿ ͕ͨ̐ͯ̈́͒ͧ̋̑ ̝̗͙̯̭̳͆̋̀ͤͯ̔͐ͣ͝
>>
File: ccAWmKo.jpg (87KB, 463x712px) Image search: [Google]
ccAWmKo.jpg
87KB, 463x712px
Just got passed the DM torch for our group, and haven't been keeping up with these threads or UA updates while I was playing. I'm going to try to keep as many options available to the players, and print out stuff like UA supplements, but does anything stand out as particularly unbalanced? The group is fairly new to tabletop and aren't powergamers by any means, but I want to avoid anyone being completely eclipsing or being eclipsed by others in the group solely because of some broken numbers that weren't playtested.
>>
File: COConDF.jpg (70KB, 634x900px) Image search: [Google]
COConDF.jpg
70KB, 634x900px
>>51452451
(UA and core materials, that is)
>>
>>51452451
Just keep an eye on whatever they decide to bring to the table. If they're new, then they'll most likely stick to the PHB unless directed elsewhere.
>>
>>51444729
How do I maximize my damage as Monk. Playing as a Gnome. My main weapon is a sickle.

Was hoping I'd stack a lot of "extra attacks," though I just found out they don't stack.
Currently, I can attack 3 times in one turn.
>>
>>51452566
At low levels the best way is to two-hand a quarterstaff, bumping your Attack action damage die to a d8.

If you want to cheese, take a level in warlock and use Hex alongside your attacks.
>>
>>51452285
There's going to be additional ways to boost your PC WIS past it's normal limit, this campaign is intended to go very high level.

I might switch it to Exalted at a high enough level.

I was also considering a clause like getting a 20, but not passing, let you live but either get knocked unconscious indefinitely or go fucking batshit insane.

(One of the)BBEG(s) is one such person who's got an imperfect truth from surviving who's insane as a motherfucker. They misguidedly wish to tell the whole world.

Id also probably add a stipulation that it doesnt work on things under around 8 INT

But yes im inclined to agree, this is one of those things best not to stat. In either case this is a really really long campaign, so it wouldn't come up for probably actual years IRL.

>>51452436
I might do something like that if that text works on roll20.
>>
>>51452566
>If you want to cheese, take a level in warlock and use Hex alongside your attacks.
Or you know, get the feat Magic Initiate so you don't slow your progression.
>>
>>51452661
>>51452593
Can I use the extra attack that I gained from being a Monk to cast Hex, or any other ability from another class?
Sorry I am new to this.
>>
>>51451347
Maybe a Barovian Witch?

Switch out some spells and make it a goblin?
>>
>>51452839
Hex is a bonus action spell that targets a creature. Anytime you hit that creature with an attack, it takes +1d6 necrotic damage. When that creature hits 0 HP, you can use a bonus action to switch it to a different creature so long as you maintain concentration on it (up to 1 hour with a 1st-level slot).

So if you Hex someone, that's +1d6 on each of your potential 3-4 attacks, equivalent for most levels to doubling your damage dice.
>>
>>51452879
Being that its a bonus action, can I use Hex then 3 attacks on the same turn?
Only issue is my charisma is pretty low so I can't multiclass to warlock just yet.
>>
>>51451995
>>51452285
I was going to say that a creature could still pass their save on a natural 20, but I forget that's an old rule. A shame, really, since I was imagining shouting your reality-shattering truths upon the masses, 5% of which become new gods.
>>
>>51452893
Yes, you idiot. And you can just use the Magic Initiate Feat.
>>
>>51452893
>>51452948
No, you can't cast Hex and FoB on the same turn. Puts a damper on things since you need to spend a bonus action every time you switch Hex's target as well.
>>
>>51453014
Well I think I can still deal 3 hits per turn without flurry of blows, unless I am mistaken.
+2 attacks and an extra attack from level 5. It may not be how its supposed to work, but its my DM allows it.

So if I get Magic Intiate and get the Hex cantrip- I'm hoping I can cast Hex, then deal 3 attacks, as I mentioned above. Which would techincally deal damage 6 times?
>>
>>51453054

I don't think you have any idea of how the structure of things works.

First: You only get one bonus action per turn
Second: You only get one attack per turn. Extra attack allows you to make an additional attack when you take the attack action. A Monk can make additional attacks as a bonus action, both through flurry of blows and martial arts.
Three: Each attack is resolved individually. If you make an attack that deals 1d8+1d6+1d4+5, that's just one source of damage.
>>
>>51453100
Hey I won't deny I have no idea how it works. I'm just saying it based on what my DM has allowed so far.
So, with just extra attack that comes out to 2 attacks only. And FoB cannot be used alongside Hex.

Unless my DM allows me to do it otherwise, I'm looking at 2 1d8+1d6s per turn?
>>
>>51453180

Tell your DM he's a moron.

On your first turn, you use a bonus action to cast Hex, then you attack. Assuming level 5 and a quarterstaff, that's two attacks at 1d8+1d6+Dex.

Next turn, you attack same as before, two attacks at 1d8+1d6+Dex. You can now also add in either a martial arts bonus action third attack, or a flurry of blows bonus action third and fourth attack. You don't need your bonus action to maintain concentration on a spell.
>>
>>51453209
sounds good 2 me
thanks for the help guys
>>
>>51446850
I could've sworn that you made this thing come with Light armor proficiency?
>>
>>51453180
>>51453209
Do keep in mind that while the Extra Attack second attack can use your weapon, the bonus action martial arts attack or flurry of blows attacks have to be unarmed strikes. At level five, the damage would be d6s.

I don't know whether you're technically allowed to make unarmed strikes if your hands are full, but as far as I'm concerned any DM worth their salt would let martial artists use kicks.
>>
>>51453569
Yeah you can, kicks etc. It says so
>>
>>51453585
I believe you, but do you know whereabouts in the book it says that? I can't find it, and I want to be able to cite sources in case I have to prove it to someone.
>>
>>51453603
>>51453569
An unarmed strike is just something you can use in place of using a weapon to make a melee weapon attack. It is nothing more than that. Check the PHB errata's definition of unarmed strikes.
>>
I need help on making my 'sick of civilized society went towards tribal ransacking lifestyle' Barbarian character's background not be awful
>>
>>51453621
The errata! No wonder I couldn't find it. I've just been digging through the book itself. Thanks!
>>
>>51453603
>>51453621
“Instead of using a weapon to make a melee weapon attack, you can use an unarmed strike: a punch, kick, head-butt, or similar forceful blow (none of which count as weapons). On a hit, an unarmed strike deals bludgeoning damage equal to 1 + your Strength modifier. You are proficient with your unarmed strikes.”
>>
>>51451347
>>51452841

So I decided instead of making it a cultist with a giant toad, since the encounter takes place in an old library, i'll make it a weird goblin wizard thing.

I was reading Volo's and I like the idea of the Goblins in the library collecting all kinds of books and just reading them to glean maybe 1 spell of power. It gets more wild when there are like 6 goblins, each with a randomly determined 1st level wizard spell they can use once per day.

Unless I should keep a sort of "miniboss wizard" goblin, and have the apprentice wizards just have the one spell.
>>
Arcanist UA rework, made by the best and brightest from 5eg:

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/ryUW-Qovl
>>
File: 1472626149685.gif (957KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1472626149685.gif
957KB, 500x418px
So I am a human in the dark. I got shield on my left and a torch on my right. I have shield master, so wondering if I can shove a creature into prone and then beat the shit out of creature to death with the shield. How much dmg would I be able to do?
>>
>>51453767
improvised weapon damage, maybe?

With shield master, do you have to make the attack action *first* to be eligible to do the shove, or are you just committed to doing it on that turn? I was never clear on that.
>>
>>51453783
Page 189 states 'You choose when to take a bonus action during your turn, unless the bonus action’s timing is specified'. So I assume you can shove at the start.
>>
>>51453767
Would be 1d4 plus your Strength bonus and be a improvised weapon.
>>
>>51453801
I was in the process of typing up my counter-interpretation when it hit me that thinking for myself was dumb and I should just google it to see if wizards/crawford had already dealt with that question.

Turns out he did, and you're right! Congrats. Enjoy your beatdown with advantage.
>>
File: 1408494892012.png (595KB, 904x1372px) Image search: [Google]
1408494892012.png
595KB, 904x1372px
>>51444729
How's this for a feat idea?

>Multiclassing Feat
>Way of Blood
>Prerequisites: Ki Points and Sorcery Points features
>You may spend Ki Points as if they were Sorcery Points, and Sorcery Points as if they were Ki Points
>You may use Charisma in place of Wisdom for your Unarmored Defense feature
>>
>>51453826
>>51453858

Glorious. Thanks.
>>
Why do they punish multiclassing with attribute bonuses? They should just remove all ability score increases on the four level interval from classes and make it universal. Fighter would still have its extra bonuses.
>>
>>51440619
>Im not convinced that Sorc 18 / Warlock 2 is better than say Warlock 12 / Sorc 8
>With Warlock 12 you get 3 x 5th level slots you can swap out for sorc points every short rest.

Does this seem like a legit multiclass?
>>
>>51453931
It is legit.
>>
>>51453918
It's for that reason alone that I quirk a brow whenever I see 3-level dips. You really couldn't stick it out for one more level, and now you want your first ASI at 7th character level?
>>
>DM'd a module for a bunch of friends today
>Party comp is an "orcish oil wrestler" and his bard promoter, kenku thief, Tiefling cleric that's hype as hell about death, a human covered in shields, and a "bag of holding"
>Game goes really well, but due to them rolling low on a performance check to hype up a town they get a derogatory note from a dwarf
>Post game session, I hear horror stories from the cleric and bag players discussing revenge on this dwarf involving petrification, stone shape, and stone to flesh to make this dwarf an abomination.

I love my friends as players, but man they scare me.
>>
>>51453981
>kenku
KILL
>>
>>51453981
>Party comp is an "orcish oil wrestler"

Awesome

>kenku thief

Purge
>>
>>51453907
Nothing huh? Guess it's either good enough or horrifyingly shit.
>>
>>51453981
Well performers are a fickle bunch.

>>51454000
Don't know enough in that area to give you any help.
>>
>>51454000
Charisma doesn't really make sense for adding to AC, Wisdom does.
>>
File: doge.png (377KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
doge.png
377KB, 640x480px
>>51448708
Needs proof-read for one.

Also some of that stuff is ridiculously strong. Irrevokable Effect is god-killing tier, Eldritch Monstrosity is god-mode, both the Beholder transformations are insane, the Ent 50ft cone is nuts (restrained is a hell of a condition), Incorporeal is too good to have 24/7 and also should be spelled out (assuming you're borrowing it from the MM).

Also, I'm not sure what a Glide speed is (keep in mind players can Dash while flying if they want to dive), the Bat Sonar should probably use Expertise instead of a floating modifier, and Disguise of Flesh seems odd that it only works for humans. If you don't want to say "humanoids" you might have to list out races, or give the DM an out (like "only humanoid forms you're quite familiar with").

Oh and the Spell Motes (cute name btw) conversion should probably be closer to the Spell Point conversion in the DMG (It goes 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13) to make it useful.

Most important thing I think is this: The Wild Magic subclass is pretty well balanced, of course, since you copied it more or less verbatim. Use that as a benchmark and refer back to it frequently, because as it stands there's no way a sane player would go WM over either of the other options. I dunno if you'll see this but whatever. Keep at it, take breaks and give things a sober second thought whenever possible.
>>
>>51453987
>>51453997
Why all the animosity towards kenku? I feel like I'm missing something.
>>
>>51453648
Well, first step would be: Why's he sick of society?
>>
>>51454019
Not even a second in google
>>
>>51454010
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will help protect me.
>>
>>51454027
We /pfg/ now
>>
>>51454027
OH.

I know for a fact that my friend doesn't do shit like this, she's too naive/oblivious. But wow, I forgot how much I hate the internet.
>>
>>51454010
It's meant to allow a Monk/Sorcerer to focus on one ability score.
>>
>>51453686
Damn, doesn't seem to render properly in Edge (some stuff is pushed offscreen), which is strange because I thought Edge and Chrome used more or less the same rendering engine (WebKit) ?

Anyways you might get more bites with a teaser of the changes and/or exported a PDF
>>
>>51454037
The internet provideth and taketh away all my fetishes. of which the kenku is not one, but still
>>
>>51454040
And? Still makes no sense and seems to be there just to allow you to minmax.
>>
>>51449549
It works better with paladin because you can put smites on the steed.
>>
>>51453826
If he used the torch as an improvised weapon, would it be 1d4 + STR + 1 Fire?
Or just STR + 1 Fire?
>>
>>51454027
What the actual fuck?

I mean I should have guessed when I saw the A-10 planefu crap years ago that literally nothing is safe from this shit, but somehow it still manages to rustle me.
>>
File: 1432069846558.png (429KB, 1804x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1432069846558.png
429KB, 1804x1036px
>>51454027
Add some feathers or fur and the fags come crawling with their fetish bullshit.
>>
>>51454053
Yes. Basically. I'd like to see more multiclassing. Or at least more multiclassing between classes that aren't normally a good fit. This seemed like one way to do that.
>>
>>51454027
Guess what.
chicken butt
>>
>>51454080
I can find some unbirthing kenku if you want.
>>
>>51454080
Someone somewhere, often many people, will always want to fuck that, whatever "that" is.
Just come to peace with it and remember this picture when a DM is adamant about not allowing certain people to play beast races.

>>51454086
Don't even need that, just anything non-human.
Elves, dwarves, xenos, undead, etc.
>>
>>51454067
1d4 + STR + 1 Fire
>>
>>51454094
No, thanks, I'm good. The human shit is bad enough. That one dick-unbirthing comic alone scarred me for life.
(I don't have it, don't ask.)
>>
>>51454022
Sick of the grind and feeling like he isn't living life to the fullest?
>>
>>51454152
What does he find fulfilling? What's he afraid he's missing out on?
>>
>>51454193
Now I sorta want a Bardbarian.

He always dreamed of being able to sing and dance, but he was too big, too clumsy for acting, and resorted to smashing everything.
>>
>>51454200
Give him some drums. He can resort to beating those drums.
>>
>>51454091
I made an audible "heh"
>>
>>51453675
Any assistance on this?
>>
>>51453943
It's tempting me, I'm approaching level 12 as a Warlock. You think missing out on 1/day 7th-9th-level spells could be worth becoming an ever-ready battery of intermediate magic?
>>
>>51454200
Sounds like a good start. You can always leave multiclassing into a distant, possibly never fulfilled, goal.

Ok, so big dude wishes he could sing/act/dance but probably was discouraged early on by people calling him moose and meathead etc. Inside he's a big softy and these words hurt, which made him angry. Reaaally angry. After some outbursts and injuries he was shunned, and so he moved on to doing things he's "naturally better" at, like breaking things and hurting people. Of course, he doesn't really enjoy hurting people, he just does it because it's expected of him and when you do what's expected, no one makes fun of you for it.

However, this all proved unfulfilling for obvious reasons, and so he moved on to... to see the world and be inspired by it? He wants to meet new people, not just break their faces. Singing/acting/dancing is about telling stories and experiencing emotions, so he wants to hear and see things he's never had a chance to before. He still gets angry easily, especially when insulted or confronted, but he wishes people would treat him differently than they do. And one way to be treated differently, treated better, is to be... famous! Actors can be famous, and they're treated quite well. He saw that growing up. People loved actors. He wanted to be loved too. So, fame. He's after fame, one way or another, because it will make things better right? He's sure of it. Now, weather it's as a Marauder or a Maestro, only time will tell...

Sorry, just running with the idea to see where it took me. Isn't quite on target for what you asked, but I find my best characters rarely end up as what I initially and naively plan them to be. Ignore all of it if you want.
>>
Need help! Im playing a necromancer our DM throws us in a dungeon. In one room there was a Water Weird in small pool, so my skeleton minotaur started to throw burning benches on that pool until was dry. DM gone mad and say that Water weird is now Fire Weird and is extreme mad, but my team was too far so he cant attack. I got an idea to convince him to join me and destroy upper world, DM laugh and say i need to do it in sign language. I make a performance with a skeleton and skeleton minotaur. Rolled natural 20 and i have Fire Weird as my pet. DM say that i need to keep the flame in old skull to keep him alive. So I ask you guys what Artifact would by the best to keep my Fire Weird?
>>
>>51454304
I wasn't even the guy who asked for help, I was just tossing ideas into the wind.

I like this a lot and need to write it down somewhere for the future.
>>
>>51454305
mundane bucket of water
stop being That Guy
>>
>>51454284
Dunno if it's much help but I an idea that just popped into my head: Goblins were fucking around with their toads trying to make them better with magic because of course goblins would do that, and they accidentally made alchemical toads that do all kinds of crazy shit. There can be toads all over the library and both the goblins and players can search for them (investigation roll?) and throw them at their enemies. Red ones might explode, white ones are smoke bombs, etc etc. Make a list of colors and associate spells and then it can be a table to roll on, but only the goblins know what each color does beforehand.

Not sure what the boss could be though. My gut says a relatively weak Goblin Wizard who somehow managed to animate a Golem or Suit of Armor type thing to be his muscle. Maybe he has a magic item (amulet, crown, underwear, whatever) that controls it? Just be careful because your PCs will want to get their mitts on that if they figure it out.
>>
>>51454312
>I was just tossing ideas into the wind.
Hah, well I hope he likes it then. Throwing shit at the wall is a great way of starting characters anyway. I use this site fairly regularly and just randomly generate a bunch of shit until something clicks: http://www.whothefuckismydndcharacter.com/
>>
>>51454373
I've got another room that has weird drug toads that have weird effects that the players can also use.

I'm thinking of having Booyagh Caster goblins from Volos, but I don't know if one should be like a proper caster with more than just one proper spell.
>>
>>51448258
It depends. Do the magical items feel special and relevant?

Often a +1 weapon doesn't feel special anyway.
>>
>>51454305
Tell the DM not to be so pissy that his players are succeeding at things.
>>
>>51454305
>DM lets the player do something stupid that shouldn't work
>gets mad he did it
>turns the water weird into fire instead of steam
i dont like your dm, or your game
>>
>>51454015
Yeah, I realized when making that these need to be nerfed. Probably not too hard to realize I have mostly homebrewed Exalted (due to that game requiring it to some degree)

>Disguise of Flesh seems odd that it only works for humans. If you don't want to say "humanoids" you might have to list out races, or give the DM an out (like "only humanoid forms you're quite familiar with").
Noted, duly changed.

I knew shit is insanely strong, need to cut shit down, but it was a general idea I was going for first. But yeah, maybe my scaling sense was a little off because I am used to Exalted, where going balls-to-the-walls insane with latter skills is required for them to be viable.

Gonna start fixing, probably gonna fix some of those monstrous forms, maybe erase Ghast entirely and instead put the Beholder Eyes to 18th level and the Sight to 14th?

Then gonna just try to balance the shapeshifting things. I had problems with the Ent because I thought it wasn't up to the bar (but I have no idea how good cones of X are), so gonna nerf it to like 15-20ft maybe?

The thing with Sorcerous Motes, by the way, was that in the latter levels they are really supposed to come and go at quite the high pace. I thought I would let the costs for use be higher because the character usually gets some motes back at every short rest.

But yeah, back to the drawing board.
>>
>>51454792
>>51454792
>>51454792
>>
>>51445920
>disney princess
>not college of glamour

>>51446580
curse them to be the best cocksucker ever
>>
>>51447044
People with Tourettes are not intimidating
Thread posts: 350
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.