[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1311: Whisky Tango Foxtrot Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 450
Thread images: 55

File: JC OP.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
JC OP.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>51424491
>>
File: 1372819191931.jpg (240KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1372819191931.jpg
240KB, 1920x1080px
So what's everyone's chain like so far?
>>
Hey Val, how hard would it be to hold a constant, selective anti-magic effect around your body with the Fourth magic?
>>
File: dead-end-5.jpg (122KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
dead-end-5.jpg
122KB, 894x894px
>>51435072
It's fine, nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>51435072
Well, my companions are mostly a bunch of former villains, with the exception of Frisk and Nana, and our goals are to bring about the best ending we can in every setting we arrive in. Last jump was Nechronica, which ended with Alma going mama bear and slaughtering most of the Necromancers. The only ones that survived were the ones that just wanted friends or were just relatively innocent in general, who she then adopted as well.
>>
>>51435072
A freight train with no brakes made of mad science, interspersed with lots of screaming and 80's training montages.
The ride never ends.
>>
>>51434446
But you're not going to a world of game mechanics. Sure, those effects may exist in-setting, but probably nothing of that magnitude. Otherwise, why would you have enchantments like mana capacity and mana regeneration when it'd be more effective to just reduce spell costs to nothing?
>>
>>51435072
Funny you should mention that because

>>51434564
Companions (200 CP)

Vash the Stampede
Origin: StudentAdult. He’s Lewyn’s bodyguard.
>No Mountain Too High (Free)
>Item Spirit (300 CP, .45 Long Colt)
His gun is now a small girl who sees Tsundachi as a cool older sister and hangs around her. Tries her best because she’s new to this whole “being a human thing”, and is quick to prove herself to rather disastrous results. Vash thinks she’s adorable. Her name is Rem. Goes with Game Boy on his trip around the city to purify it with Tsundachi.

Domon Kasshu
Origin: Drop-In He just shows up one day and starts fighting people a lot and yelling. He makes a good fighter so Lewyn lets him stay.
>Eye of the Tiger (Free)
>Known Survivor (300 CP)
Items
>Banchou Outfit (Free)
He’s never gonna wear it. He loves his red cape and general outfit too much. But it’s free, so...

Katsumi Kasshu
Origin: Drop-In
>Eye of The Tiger (Free)
>Known Survivor (300 CP)
Items
>Banchou Outfit (Free)
She’s probably going to wear it, though.
She also. Appeared with Domon Kasshu.

Aella
Origin: Student
>No Valley Low (100 CP)
Items
>Keystone Pendant (Free)
>Fred Bear (200 CP)
”...”
”Aella, what are you doing? Why are you staring at Game Boy like that?”
Aella reaches inside Fred Bear and pulls out Foresti. Begins to start casting up a wind storm.
”AELLA NO. He’s made of Nintendium anyway! You can’t possibly destroy him!”

Jeanne De Sand
Origin: Student
Items
>Keystone Pendant (Free)
>Soumin Shourai (300 CP, Import Four Sword. It’s Jeanne’s now.)
Might as well give Jeanne the power to BTFO spirits with her sword.

George De Sand
Origin: Butler
>Looking to the Sky (Free)
>Signs of Life (100 CP)
>Make My Way Back Home (200 CP)
Items
>Butler’s Codebook (Free)

Lewyn
Origin: Priest
>Hard To Say (Free)
>See In You (100 CP)
>Words Can’t Say It (200 CP)
Items
>Prayer Beads (Free)
>>
File: 1477670880910.jpg (33KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1477670880910.jpg
33KB, 960x638px
>>51435072
Just finished a Toonami Arc and now doing a Magical Girl arc after a short intermission. Infinite Stratos and Dodgeball I'm not sure if it's a cheerful coincidence or not, but a lot of Toonami block jumps have an excellent mix of danger and perk rewards. I came out of the experience as a weeb-as-fuck mech/jet pilot with mid-grade shonen powers.

Gundam After Colony was a fucking traumatizing third jump, though. PTSD is not going away anytime soon.
>>
>>51435072
Stalwart Tiger is just trying to get strong enough to defeat the Yozi when he returns home, while also conquering stuff because he's the "rightful" ruler of everything.

His companions, primarily Amaterasu, Raven, and Zelda, are trying to push him down a Redemption story-arc.
>>
Are there any perks that give you an eldritch psychology or thinking pattern?
>>
>>51435178
The closest I know is Abomination from Dune, but that's less eldritch psychology and more compounded human psychology. Other than that, there are a few perks that make you more willing to commit atrocities or come up with justifications after the fact.
>>
>>51435072
It's gone from constant panic to trying to be a decent person, albeit with an eldritch mindset and proclivities toward survival at any cost.
>>
>>51435150

Grail-Kun
Origin: Student (He looked like Angra Manyu as a student, now. Jeanne and Aella decided to keep tabs on him to make sure he doesn’t do anything.)
At least he can figure stuff out now.

Items
>Keystone Pendant (Free)
>Item Spirit (300 CP, Forseti)
He does not get anymore perks from this setting. I refuse. No. Every time I give him shit he uses it to do bad shit. I refuse. The last thing I need is fucking Grail Kun deciding to curse everyone with bad luck for shits and giggles. So I’m using his CP to make Forseti into an item spirit. Game Boy may have enabled him, but it was Grail-Kun’s idea in the first place so I’m hitting him the hardest with the punishments. Fuck you, Grail-Kun. At leady Game Boy’s circuit-heart-things are in the right place.

“You can’t ditch me, though :D. I’m too important as an emergency weapon to let go!”
“Shut the FUCK up and crawl back in the Warehouse this instant.”
>>
>>51435174
>Amaterasu, Raven, and Zelda,
Why did he pick those people up, again? Wasn't he supposed to be an Exalted-native jumper? How would he know when he made purchases who to choose? Or did he pod/Blue Feather them?
>>
>>51435256
If I remember right from Justice's stories: Zelda was the result of a drawback in Minish Cap, Raven due to being a Cambion in Teen Titans and podding his sister, and Amaterasu forced herself into the pod as a comedic bit, to which his version of Jump-chan went along with and even lets the Sun doG make jump decisions at times.
>>
>>51435178
Blue and Orange Morality from Madoka Magica Wraith Arc
>>
A jump should have a perk that lets you turn any of your alt forms into a cute monstergirl or gijinka form. Maybe one of those gacha games where the girls are based on mythology figures?
>>
>>51435072
I want more low powered settings that are relatively well known actually.
>>
File: Ammy Typing.gif (799KB, 469x326px) Image search: [Google]
Ammy Typing.gif
799KB, 469x326px
>>51435256
>>51435276
Close, but Raven was a purchased, that Amaterasu made.

Because the Benefactor likes fucking with Tiger's expectations, and sometimes lets Ammy use some of his CP to make purchases, or choose drawbacks for him.
Ammy had control over the entire Minish Cap choices.

>Reminder that she used his CP to import herself to a Sci-fi setting, so she could become a hacker, and get her own bar for infinite sake.
>>
>>51435178
There's always Alpha Centauri for doing silly stuff with creating copies of your mind to run on whatever processing power you have available. People find it really weird when they try to look at your mind and find 50 different instances of it, many of which have been altered to better perform a specific task.

Alternatively there's Evangelion for Angel weirdness. Just take some eldritch form powers and you're good to go there.
>>
>>51435303
Sopranos when?
>>
>>51435303
Such as? And by "lower-powered", do you mean mundane, or are you fine with some supernatural elements?

If it's the latter, I feel you. Deeply.
>>
File: rule 1.jpg (21KB, 377x325px) Image search: [Google]
rule 1.jpg
21KB, 377x325px
>>51435330
>>
>>51435163
Is Sagebrect the "certain scenario" that would allow you to purchase Blood of Kings multiple times, or is it yet to be implemented? If the latter, are you planning on including it in the future, or is it merely a relic?
>>
>>51435163
>>51435408
*Mantle of Saint Kaiser, I mean.
>>
>>51435408
>>51435425
That's a relic, I believe.
>>
>>51435330
>>51435358
>>51435384
I mean anything kinda low key, sopranos would be nice. I do not mind magic.
>>
>>51435435
Alright, thanks. Also, how big is the Training Ground if you make it into a Warehouse attachment?
>>
>>51435178
Sword of Polaris in Devil Survivor 2.
The Cthulhu background in Cthulhu Saves The World.
Dracoman species in The Polity.
A piece of eldritch truth as a scenario reward in Bloodborne
Doublethink from 1984
Just As I Thought from Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>51435449
If it helps, anon, I've got a couple of low powered jumps sketched out to release once I've finished the polish of my current release.
>>
>>51435303
>>51435449
We need a Hitman jump.
Uncharted would be nice, too.
>>
>>51435496
Uncharted Waters? But we have that.
>>
>>51435486
That is very nice to hear, could you tell us what they are?
>>
>>51435449
Dragon Quests (all numbers besides... 9 maybe? I havent heard anything about 10 since that was the MMO) and numbers below 6 Final Fantasies are pretty low/traditional old fantasy arent they?
>>
>>51435467
You know those big outdoor training grounds they have in reality? Like those. An acre and a half at the most, I'd say.
>>
>>51435510
Reign of Fire, two cop show jumps, and one jump that I won't go into because every time I think of the reaction I just start laughing
>>
>>51435505
I think they mean the ps4 game?
>>
File: IMG_0888.jpg (232KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0888.jpg
232KB, 1024x768px
>>51435523

Hey Heavens, do you mind posting a preview of the original TATAKAE jump?
>>
>>51435527
>the second jumps
Cool.
>>
>>51435545
It's still nowhere near done, but here you go. This is the latest version as of a few days ago.
>>
>>51435527
as in the london dragon movie? that would be awesome.
>>
>>51435586
That's the one.
>>
>>51435527
We need more jumps like that, thank you.
>>
>>51435565
What part of the phoenix is going to show up on our Survive card? Knight and Ryuki have the wings, and Odin has the body. So a tail, maybe?
>>
>>51435565
When it says none of your perks are available to you, does that include stuff from Bodymod?
>>
>>51435601
You keep bodymod. This is a semi-LoT style gauntlet except you're not morally considered in the wrong for taking your powers back later, and you can't fail your chain except in jumpmode by the usual dying or with the capstone drawback. Alive A Life is for daredevils, something you'll see when I get to Act 3.

>>51435600
That...is a nifty idea, actually. I'll go with that.
>>
>>51435595
I'm glad to hear you think so, anon. It'll take a bit, maybe upwards of a month and a half to two months to make all those, but I want to start pushing them out.

I hope you like them.
>>
Can a lightsaber deflect a shot from a slugthrower*?

* Star Wars for physical projectile weapon.
>>
>>51435072
I started a new chain not too long ago and I just finished up with the Fate jump. I was a furiously overpowered Servant who stomped ten wars due to being all kinds of OP pls nerf. I fought JUMPER, which was a massive pain. See, I deliberately jumped Fate early in my new chain to prevent JUMPER from being too OP and I didn't take any of the True Magics. So neither of us had any crazy overpowered weapons or abilities. But both of us had EX rank God Hand, meaning that neither of us could really do anything to each other without an EX rank weapon. JUMPER got smart and basically stole Ea off of Gilgamesh using his (and my) EX rank Knight of Honor, wielding it against me to bypass my God Hand. But I killed Gilgamesh and managed to disarm him (although I took a bit of a hit in the process) and it vanished. So we were left back to square one.

Long story short, I managed to talk him down after a long pointless fight where we couldn't actually hurt each other and spent the entire time shouting ideological nonsense at one another. A big dramatic thing happened wherein I accidentally dropped my Pokemon League Championship badge (which I always kept on me because I was inordinately proud of being a League Champion) and he was hit right in the feels. Then he taunted me and took my final attack head-on and dropped his God Hand, allowing my attack to pierce through his heart. He said some really sappy crap before his Battle Continuation gave out, making me promise not to lose sight of what was important, and then he disappeared.

So now I've got that emotional baggage on my shoulders and it'll probably take another 100 years before I get over it. Thanks a bunch, depressing future me.
>>
File: Western Green Mamba.jpg (29KB, 296x320px) Image search: [Google]
Western Green Mamba.jpg
29KB, 296x320px
>>51435072
First jump was Girls und Panzer. Somehow my jumper managed to avoid picking up a waifu. Probably the "Little General" drawback at work.
Then Dodgeball, which she spends trying to reverse engineer the invincible paint. My jumper will regret not buying "She's not a Lesbian" for the rest of the entire unfucking chain.
Next, in Generic Mob, she finally gets laid, but turns out it was only so her enemies could blackmail her. Then, the hot secretary she saved (and who returned the favor years later) tells her she needs to stop cuddling, and gets married to some dude.
The next 40 years are spent nursing regrets, brooding, and taking out her sexual frustrations in the form of violence directed against enemies in various close-to-baseline settings.
Then she gets famous in Macross as an idol, which leads to a few one-night-stands with fans (which she feels bad about the morning after).
My chain only allows choosing a different gender if it's free. Thanks to Generic 80s Action Movie, Jumper is overjoyed at having a penis again. All the action leaves little time for romance, unfortunately.
Then Sword Art Online comes around, and it turns out videogames are a sausage fest if you aren't MC-kun.
Next is Avatar, and blue cat people are a little more uncanny valley in real life. Jumper took "Them or Us" drawback anyway. And the hot guard at Hell's Gate was a lesbian. Jumper curses his returned penis, which has so far been of even less use than the Burn Proof Uniform Machine.
Next is Redwall, where jumper spends the 40 seasons as a snarky snake (pic related) power-behind-the-throne. He did rescue Martin, kill the evil queen, and is single-handedly driving rats to extinction, so they try their best to be polite (except the shrews).

tl;dr: poor choices and high standards lead to Jumper mostly blue balling themselves for the first century, and regretting it every time they get laid.
>>
>>51435694
Probably not deflect, but I can see it vaporizing one to block it that way. And "slugthrower" is a pretty common term in sci-fi, by the way, you didn't have to explain.
>>
>>51435694
Deflect? No.

Stop? Likely.
>>
>>51435694
Depends. Some accounts claim attempts to stop a slugthrower with a lightsaber just results in a spray of molten metal hitting the jedi.
>>
>>51435694
It'd probably just melt through the slug like it does a door.
>>
>>51435626
Is Deviceless something that can be learned in-setting?
>>
>>51435757
Yes, but it's assumed to be difficult and not as effective as a Device. Maybe you can get to the level of the perk with a lot of training, but it will take a long while.
>>
So with people talking about Anima and how high level mages can create conceptual enchantments and warriors can physically ride light, I'm curious what an equivalent Summoner can do. Summon and bind gods?
>>
>>51435694
Not exactly, it can stop them but there is either vaporization or liqudification. Though if you were willing to use the right materials for the slug you may be able to shoot through the lightsaber.
>>
>>51435767
Does Anti-AMF field work on all abilities post-jump? Also, does the "completely fail to disable or drain your magic" effect carry over post-jump, or is it part of the general failure chance?
>>
>>51435769
You have to get high Gnosis for that, but otherwise pretty much.
>>
Hey, for the anons last thread who were complaining that FFX doesn't have a blitzball arena, if you do the scenario in FFXIV one of the options you can choose when rebuilding the Golden Saucer (which a copy of appears in each subsequent jump if you complete the full quest line) is a blitzball arena. It doesn't cost CP so it's not that bad an idea to take.
>>
>>51435806
Abilities in general, like the perk says. Anti-magic fields have a higher failure rate against you than others, but it isn't absolute like against in-setting AMFs.
>>
Can magic from Zelda the Minnish Cap be used for anything other than just blasting stuff?
>>
>>51435769
Yep. High-level summoners are actually one of the strongest classes. You've got three main tools, as a summoner. Firstly, you can just summon and bind various beings to work for you. Pretty straightforward, with the additional factor that you can merge your essence with theirs to make them a familiar, even if they're very powerful creatures (assuming you're powerful, too). Secondly, you've got Invocation, which is like Final Fantasy summon spells. You've got a deal with some powerful spirit that says you can channel some of their power, with that visually represented as a copy of them appearing to do some cool magic shit for you. Those can be very powerful. Finally, you've got Incarnation, which is basically Demi-Servants from Fate. It came first, though. But if you've got some symbolic tie to a great person from history, you can summon their power into yourself, fuse with their legend to gain a boost to your abilities. This includes Noble Phantasm analogues. It's pretty cool.
>>
>>51435823
It won't help them, because they want a jump made by somebody else other than dirge, but no one is willing to do it. Once he went over to SB people's sensibilities were offended, so you get people that push to get his jumps removed and replaced.

There are dozens of complaints people can bring up about his jumps just to drive home the point that he doesn't make anything good. We've seen everything from he can't write to he writes too much to no one cares.
>>
>>51435839
Okay.
>>
>>51435694
It depends heavily on what kind of round you're using. Lightsabers are essentially plasma swords that burn at monumentally high temperatures. But if you had a material which could resist being vaporized by that temperature then it would pass through the lightsaber and hit the Jedi.

It's how I dealt with a lot of Jedi and Sith in the Star Wars universe. It was always comedy gold to shoot them in the face with Mass Effect guns loaded with adamantium bullets and watch them try and stop it with their lightsaber.
>>
>>51435896
Wouldn't an adamantium bullet not work at all with Mass Effect guns, since those work by shaving microscopic projectiles off of a block of feedstock metal? Adamantium would just jam it, you'd need to redesign the whole gun. Better to just use a normal railgun.
>>
>>51435870
You can speak for yourself, but personally I love Dirge's massive Jumps. I honestly wish more makers put as much dedication and tone into them as he did. Yorokonde's Ogre Battle is another fantastic example.
>>
>>51435867
Don't forget that you can bind Spirits into items, to "enchant" them
>>
>>51435934
While sometimes confusing to navigate - I know what I want from ff14, i'm just not 100% sure on what to do to get it - dirge jumps tend to be very high quality.
>>
>>51435934
>>51435971
And now thanks to you-know-who, we'll never get more. At least if your name isn't ASA.
>>
>>51435919
I did redesign the whole gun. The shavings part has nothing to do with how the mass accelerators work, it's solely for ammunition efficiency. So I incorporated Mass Effect tech (and many other kinds of technology) to create a gun that shoots adamantium bullets.

And railguns are vastly, VASTLY inferior to ME tech. A ME gun accelerates a bullet to a fraction of the speed of light, thousands and thousands of times the speed of sound. It would take an unbelievable amount of power to make a railgun capable of doing what even the cheapest mass accelerator pistol can do. Why would I reinvent the wheel when I can just reconfigure the tech from ME to do it much, much better than conventional technology can?
>>
>>51435934
Whether people like it or not isn't the point. The point is that he's a SB-er and therefore will get flak for being one by people. Going over to SB is asking to get shit on. I don't think anyone can deny that the length thing is one of the main reasons why people hate his jumps though, it's just a matter of preference.
>>
>>51435970
>>51435867
so what can creation magic do?
>>
>>51435934
I always enjoy Dirge's jumps. But they're also a bit intensive so I don't build for them much because I'm usually short slept and have trouble focusing. They're something I look forward to but rarely do. An utter delight to read and full of interesting perks though.
>>
>>51435985
Sounds pretty wanky to me, but if you want to wank omnipotence go right ahead, honey.
>>
>>51436034
Wank? Baby, you don't wank.
I'll show you omnipotence. Bend over.
>>
>>51436034
How is modifying a gun omnipotence.

What the fuck is wrong with your brain.
>>
>>51435985
ME guns don't shoot bullets at relativistic speeds. Check the Codex. They theoretically can, but they're still subject to Newtonian mechanics, so trying to do so would kill the user. They also still take just as much energy to do so as a conventional magnetic accelerator would, they just do so in a smaller package. Eezo has its advantages, but in weapons tech those advantages are ones of miniaturization, not power. The guns in Mass Effect are railguns, they're just railguns that have mass-warping fields so that firing a projectile the size of a grain of sand isn't a problem. You can tell that the ballistics of a Mass Effect pistol aren't that superior to a gun in the modern era by the fact that you can shoot an unshielded person and not have them explode like they were hit by an artillery shell. And don't tell me that's a limitation of the game engine, or a conceit of the narrative presentation, the world of Mass Effect would be a very different one if their guns were that powerful.
>>
File: 20157-1-1394322610.jpg (171KB, 604x337px) Image search: [Google]
20157-1-1394322610.jpg
171KB, 604x337px
Jump # 201 SimAnt (all picnics beware)
Starting Location: Farm House
Background: Royalty Caste

Perks:
*Ant Telepathy (0)
*Wings (0)
*For queen and colony (100, Discount)
*Right as Reign (200, Discount)
*Royal Duties (300, Discount) ughhh…
*Bring ‘em down (400)

Items:
Royal Chamber (0)

So… first Ewww. Second, this turned out… complicated. It seemed like a natural idea to start upgrading my ants, make them smarter with Light of the Empire from Fallen London. I gave them nanites from Iji and awakened RWBY auras…. And looking back the predictable happened.

It turns out no matter how intelligent ants get they really only see non ants as either, danger or pray. Well when you strengthen them a whole lot more falls in to the pray category. Apparently the farmer called in pest control because their farm animals kept dying and being torn apart by super ants.

Well… The colony had to relocate but not before the fumigator got killed by my swarm… well swarming him to protect their homes.

We had to go far away and establish an entirely new colony. I didn’t uplift these eggs and it was hard as hell but we managed to get back to where we were before I became queen. Thankfully the few warrior and workers that were left from the first colony seemed to learn their lesson about humanity and bigger animals.
>>
>>51436034
>Implying that a Mass Effect gun would let you make a cup of tea.
>>
>>51436090
That's not what omnipotence means.
>>
>>51436110
It is now.
>>
>>51436090
See>>51436110
You need at least triple Omnipotence to make tea.
>>
>>51436110
That's exactly what omnipotence means.
>>
>>51428782
It depends on how you go about it and how well-equipped your ship is for hyperspace charting. The "relatively painless" method employed by the SW scout service is indeed via short micro-jumps: pray that your safety interlocks weren't supplied by the lowest bidder, perform short hop, scan area from new position while your drive cools and goes through a diagnostic cycle, wait for your navicomp to calculate the next micro-jump, repeat ad nauseum.

The SW scout service would also place appropriate hyperspace beacons to mark anomalies, black dwarfs, good lanes, etc. If your branch was better funded than most, you could also afford to send jump-capable probes ahead of your ship instead of risking your ass first (I say first because if a jump probe didn't come back, then you of course had to find out why).

Also, since deep space is generally pretty damn empty most of your time would actually involve mapping the approaches to each system, since stars have this annoying habit of collecting all sorts of crap besides just planets.
>>
>>51435985
Do you not understand how conservation of energy works? It would take the same amount of power for the railgun as it would the Eezo-powered mass accelerator. Energy delivered to target is a fixed quantity, the path you take to get there doesn't matter. Unless you're one of those idiots who intentionally misinterprets Mass Effect physics as violating conservation of energy just so you can rant about how the writers were so stupid in their world building. You're not one of those strawman-building idiots, are you?
>>
File: heresyoniichan.jpg (95KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
heresyoniichan.jpg
95KB, 720x480px
>>51436110
>making tea isn't omnipotence
>>
>>51436139
Of course it isn't. Making GOOD tea is omnipotence
>>
>>51436110
Right. Trying again in new thread. Made a Stand for one of my daughterus, not sure it's Stand-y / JoJo-y enough as a Stand, want ya'll's critique, etc. etc.

Makoto
Stand Name: The Brave & The Bold - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP4OR8Ycipg
Precision: C
Developmental Potential: A
Ability: The Stand manifests as two beings, each with separate abilities:

The Brave:
Destructive Power: A
Speed: D
Range: C
Durability: A
A huge, orc-like being clad in a mechanized / power-armor version of Macho Man Randy Savage's wrestling costume, The Brave's devastating wrestling techniques have a debilitating effect on Makoto's foes - draining opponents of their courage and boldness like a sickness of the soul. This courage can then funneled to Makoto, increasing her own levels of courage - often to the point of foolhardiness.

The Bold:
Destructive Power: A
Speed: A
Range: D
Durability: C
A tall, yet lean, creature clad in a black mask, black pants, and linen wrappings around their fists, The Bold's destructive kung-fu can be augmented even further by using The Brave's stolen courage as fuel - increasing it's Speed and Destructive Power parameters by additional ranks.
>>
>>51436086
>>51436128
So explain to me how FTL works.
>>
>>51436164
I did NOT mean to quote that fucker.

God DAMN IT.
>>
>>51436155
>>51436139
But doesn't warframe or ATLA let you make good tea?
>>
>>51436164
If nobody cared to post the first time, nobody's gonna give a shit the second time.

Fuck off.
>>
>>51436165
Depends on the setting. You've linked to a post about Star Wars and a post about Mass Effect, which one do you want to hear? I can also describe some theoretical real-world proposals for FTL travel, if you'd like. You can't go wrong with an Alcubierre Drive. Well, actually, you can go very wrong with it. Like "subjects the passengers to technically infinite amounts of radiation" wrong. But they're still cool.
>>
>>51435767
see question here
>>51433770
Since Deviceless makes Devices a bit redundant (& vice versa) could you forgo the free Device Budget for free/discounted Deviceless Perk instead?

(600 Device points = 150 CP, = half the price of Deviceless.)
>>
>>51436165
meant to quote
>>51436132
>>
>>51436213
Nnnnnnnno.

This jump's structure is a bit rickety already and I'm not making a price change for that reason.
>>
>>51436165
Mass effect FTL is simple if you don't think about it. You're using the same amount of thrust but the mass of your ship is lowered to the point where you're accelerated beyond the speed of light.

Eezo lets you raise or lower the mass of anything it's near by pumping enough of a positive or negative current through it.
>>
>>51435767
Does it do anything for non-Nanoha magic systems?
>>
>>51436165
>>51436214
What does that have to do with bullets? FTL is a completely different use of dark energy. It's like saying "if lightbulbs don't work the way I think they do, then explain semiconductors".
>>
>>51436230
Since Sagebrecht doesn't do anything for out-of-setting magic systems, I assume that Darkness can only copy Nanoha spells? Or is that wrong?
>>
>>51436241
Doesn't that mean they'd be in an energy state then? And even if they do manage to survive disintegration and becoming a bloom of radiation what about time dilation? Wouldn't they go back in time from physically traveling at FTL speeds?
>>
>>51436241
Yes. Which is the point I was trying to make to these idiots.

If we're talking about energy consumption being exactly the same between an Eezo-based system and a conventional railgun then reaching FTL speeds should require an infinite amount of energy. But it obviously does not. So an mass effect-based system does NOT require an equivalent amount of power to reach the same velocity as a conventional system. The technology of ME's FTL systems work on exactly the same principles as its mass accelerators, merely applied differently and on a smaller scale.
>>
>>51436206
Wasn't there also an issue with the warp field possibly picking up high energy particles and causing a massive amount of destruction in the direction the ship was travelling when the field is turned off?
>>
>>51435519
>and numbers below 6 Final Fantasies
They're pretty classic fantasy (outside of airships) instead of the magiteck/scifi fantasy you see later on, but they're not really low power compared to later games outside of a few bosses.
>>
>>51436338
I think that was the eezo core building a static charge, mention something about ships needing to dissipate the collected charge in the atmosphere of a planet.
>>
>>51436328
No, because the FTL ship isn't interacting with things outside of its own little bubble of warped space. It's in a different framework than the rest of reality, and so the amount of energy it possesses isn't a factor. The bullet, however, is interacting with other objects, and so it has finite energy. This is relativity 101, anon. Energy only matters during interactions of reference frames. It's why two objects that are both moving at the speed of sound can touch each other and not explode if they're headed the same direction. If you're isolated, your kinetic energy is not relevant to your velocity.
>>
/jc/: putting the science in science fiction.
>>
>>51436165
So, you've got the speed of light, right? Well, you go faster than that somehow.

BOOM

FTL
>>
>>51436308
Again, don't think too hard about it. It's a magic space rock that can freely change mass through electricity passing through it.

But the reason no one dies is that it somehow raises the speed of light inside of the bubble around the ship (blue shifting), which is why it's fine to be inside the ship and nothing bad happens to the surrounding environment.

>>51436328
Yeah, mass accelerators work on the same concept. The guns scrape off a little chunk of the material (which is designed to fragment upon impact since traditional metals would just shoot a small hole through whatever you're shooting and be far less deadly) and it's accelerated to supersonic speeds (we're not told how fast, but with ME levels of tech it's not at relativistic speeds for normal guns). The only downside is overheating and that is solved in ME1 and then made a problem again in ME2 and 3. If you have a good heat sink or magic, and a good power supply (I recommend an arc reactor or a mana absorber. Hell, hook it up to a Zeltrech blade) the gun can launch something at near light speeds.

>>51436384
if the ships don't dissipate their charge, then all the boltheads would melt and the crew would fry.
>>
>>51436328
I think they say something about mass effect fields altering the speed of light inside them or something?
>>
>>51436230
So Lyrical's spells are basically computer programs, but can do standard magic stuff like polymorphs, wards, invisibility, shield, prismatic spray and the rest of the D&D spell list?
Have any types of spells been lost?
How did magical civilization crash, were all the spells not stored in libraries or something?

unrelated, since artificial linker cores are a thing,the Scaledown option should not have the text
>you must pay attention to the potential power costs of anything you choose to bring in. Should you bring in something with it’s own power source or ammunition, you are going to lose access to that as it is replaced with magical equivalents.
Turning your Tech!Gundam into Device!Gundam should logically convert the energy reactor into a magical equivalent linker core like the Unison Devices and some Lost Logia have.
>>
>>51436328
They don't, though. Like I said, it's the same "if lightbulbs, then semiconductors" nonsense, they're two different types of mass effect field. An FTL ship lowers its mass to counteract relativisty. A mass accelerated bullet is a weird mix of lowered and heightened masses. It says it lightens the bullet for acceleration, then heavies (burdens? What's the right word for "makes more massive") it to give it better penetration after it leaves the barrel. It seems needlessly complex to me, but that's what you get for trying to justify microscopic bullets as causing normal bullet damage. All so they could have an unlimited ammo system that they just got rid of in later installments.
>>
>>51436389
Yes. But Newton's first law means that if you lower the mass of the bullet and then fire it out of the gun at a percentage of the speed of light then when it leaves the gun it would be still be going at the same speed even after it exits the mass effect field and it regains its original mass.
>>
>>51436407
They give blue shifting as the explanation for Biotic colour as well and given that they can achieve that with electricity from the nervous system eezo is pretty bullshit.
>>
>>51436435
what happens if you shoot it, then drastically lower the mass, then increase the mass then lower it again?
>>
File: Ichigo Final Tensa Zangetsu.png (137KB, 1775x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Ichigo Final Tensa Zangetsu.png
137KB, 1775x1300px
Jumpers, what is your strongest, desperate, do or die time Final Form?
>>
>>51436230
Heavens, is this anon correct? >>51436291

Sagebrecht doesn't work on out-of-jump mana? You might want to note that, as it's contrary to the default assumption.
>>
>>51436407
Also, if we count ME2's heavy weapons then we can make black hole guns. Literal guns that shoot black holes through a few particles shot out by a mass effect field that increases its mass to near infinite. They break down after less than a minute but the power to make a near infinite mass weapon is OP.

They also have a gun that can launch nukes at 18,000 KM/H and in ME3 they get an assault rifle which is basically a particle beam (weaker than the heavy weapon from ME2 but has a cooldown system similar to ME1, thus "unlimited" ammo)
>>
>>51436435
Yes, but I don't see how it follows that the kinetic energy is coming out of nowhere. It's momentum was imparted to it via a mass effect field. Logically, it should be getting that energy from the field, just like how imparting momentum to something with a magnetic field draws energy from the field. You're starting with the assumption that the mass effect field violates conservation of energy, and using it to justify itself.
>>
>>51436431
>How did magical civilization crash, were all the spells not stored in libraries or something?

Efficiently. Al-Hazred literally just went poof, only leaving behind their various "screw your planet" engines- I mean, uh, lost logia, while Belka fell into a full fledged civil war and basically wiped themselves out by doing stuff like rendering their own planets uninhabitable.
>>
File: You done goofed.jpg (814KB, 945x1230px) Image search: [Google]
You done goofed.jpg
814KB, 945x1230px
>>51436463
So far, my buffed to Hell and back Angel form.
>>
>>51436480
The Cain's probably actually a dark energy weapon. That's in the deleted Codex file for it in ME2, and the intact ME3 Codex file for it retcons that to have been the case all along. It's a singularity projector like the Blackstorm, only instead of crushing matter it oscillates between attraction and repulsion fast enough to vibrate targets into rapidly-expanding plasma.
>>
>>51436489
A Mass Effect Relay (which is basically just a giant engine) can launch a ship across the galaxy instantaneously by creating a "mass free" corridor between each other when activated (ignoring what would happen to anything else that happened to be in the way, like the miniature one in the citadel)

>>51436551
they retconned it? Damn. Still, that is far more interesting that a really fast nuke.
>>
File: Typical Tuesday.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Typical Tuesday.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>51435072
Awesome
>>
>>51436489
Which I just explained to you: Yes, it DOES violate conservation of energy. It enables FTL travel WITHOUT BENDING SPACE.

You think that an electromagnetic field propelling a ferrous projectile is the same as a fucking magic field that reduces the mass of anything within it? The mass effect field isn't imparting ANY momentum to the object. It is lowering its mass. It's a railgun that is propelling the object. But due to its much lower mass it can be fired at speeds which would be impossible otherwise. But once it leaves the mass effect field Newton's third law means that it would not suddenly go slower. It would retain the same speed even after it leaves the mass effect field.
>>
>>51436588
>third law
Newton's first law. Damn it auto-correct.
>>
File: Tuesday for a Jumper.webm (3MB, 610x330px) Image search: [Google]
Tuesday for a Jumper.webm
3MB, 610x330px
>>51435072
>>
>>51436463
I don't really have a "final form" yet, but I will when I go to Godzilla.

But I do have a mobile suit I pull out when things get desperate. I've rarely been forced to use it but it gives me a sense of security.
>>
>>51436604
Not until there's a Precure jump anon.
>>
>>51436588
>>51436600
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reIUf3552_Q
This should help.
>>
>>51436611
Wasn't someone working on one?
>>
>>51436611
Eh, Generic Magical Girl allowed me to get up to similar shenanigans.

Digger's making a Precure jump, I think. Hopefully soon. We have Cthulhu magical girls, beam spam magical girls, and Planet magical girls. We need Face Punching magical girls.
>>
File: 0o0.jpg (219KB, 870x915px) Image search: [Google]
0o0.jpg
219KB, 870x915px
>>51435072
>>
>>51436647
But we already have symphogear anon
>>
>>51436572
>A Mass Effect Relay (which is basically just a giant engine) can launch a ship across the galaxy instantaneously by creating a "mass free" corridor between each other when activated (ignoring what would happen to anything else that happened to be in the way, like the miniature one in the citadel)
Yes, and? Energy is not dependent on the path you take between the two states. The Mass Relay only has to expend as much energy as it would take to account for the difference in velocity between start point and end point. So long as it does that, the distance between the two doesn't matter.

>>51436588
You seem to not understand how this works. "Altering mass" is the same thing as "bending space". Mass warps space. This is, again, basic relativity. If I create a region of space in which mass is lowered, I've warped that space. And yes, the mass effect field absolutely is imparting momentum. It alters the space-time metric, and momentum is dependent on the properties of the space in which an object is moving. That's why gravity works. If an object passes through a region of altered space-time, its momentum is influenced by that. "Frame dragging" is a relatively well-understood phenomenon, GPS wouldn't work if we couldn't account for it.
>>
>>51436647
>Digger's making a Precure jump
Is it just for one of the series or will it cover the whole thing?
>>
What can "normal" Sailor Senshi do? Is there a stat increase? Do they fire magical beams? I'm trying to get a broader sense for what's possible than the two listed examples.
>>
>>51436604
>>51436604
what is this slightly erotic romp through a land of whimsy?
>>
>>51436665
That's Musical magical girls.

>>51436670
Only one series, I think.
>>
>>51436647
Wait, Cthulhu magical girls?
>>
>>51436680
One of the Precure series, not sure which one.
>>
>>51436464
They're not correct. I said, twice, it would work with systems that used mana for magic, primarily from internal or body-channeled reserves. It does NOT only work for in-jump mana. Same goes for Darkness' spell copying - it isn't restricted to Nanoha magic.
>>
>>51436680
Precure. In which magical girls punch the shit out of monsters of the week.

The final boss of one of the series basically got in a fist fight with the team, and everyone was punching each other.

>>51436690
Madoka.
>>
>>51436698
Is the CP from Group A scenarios acquired before or after the end of the jump?
>>
>>51436698
>can't use it as a D&D Sorcerer to nom other mages and learn all the spells as a spontaneous caster
Aww.
>>
>>51436666
Yes, I understand that. I probably didn't phrase it very well but that wasn't my point. My point is that yes it does, in fact, violate conservation of energy and yes it does, in fact, adhere to Newton's first law of motion. So, going by these, it would mean that the energy consumption of a mass accelerator is much lower than it would normally be for a conventional system. It's magic bullshit that violates physics. There's no debating this fact, there's no tiptoeing around the issue and pretending this is hard science fiction. This is literal space magic and based on what and how this space magic has been shown and explained to work a mass accelerator is entirely capable of firing ridiculously high velocity projectiles using much lower energy than makes any sort of scientific sense.

>Captcha: Isaac
Yes, thank you captcha.
>>
>>51436734
Can you not read? He literally just said the opposite.
>>
>>51436666
super satan, you're just going to ignore the black hole launchers that work by shooting a couple of particles through a ME field that increase their mass to near-infinite for ~15 seconds before violently exploding back to regular mass. If that can work, then why can't a gun that launches a piece of metal through a ME field to lower its mass, and increase the speed, work? Because that is what they literally do.
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons

>Weapons in the Mass Effect universe are micro-scaled mass accelerators, using mass-reducing fields and magnetic force to propel miniature slugs to lethal speeds.

>In Mass Effect, to generate ammunition a weapon shaves a projectile the size of a sand grain from a dense block of metal contained within the weapon's body. The projectile is launched at supersonic velocities by decreasing its mass in a mass effect field.
>>
>>51436758
>super satan
Are we not dealing with the average satan warrior anymore?
>>
>>51436659
What is the context of this image?
>>
>>51436743
I agree it's magic bullshit that violates physics. What I don't agree is that it violates this particular law of physics. The fact is that we don't know how much energy it takes to fire the projectiles from a Mass Effect gun. At no point are the power cells used in the guns addressed. Now, this could mean that the guns are somehow violating conservation of energy, yes. But it could also just mean that the Mass Effect universe has some really badass energy storage systems, or that miniaturization of power supplies is good enough to build reactors directly into the guns. We don't know. But the basic principle of parsimony is to invent as few new principles as are required to make an explanation work. And I think that "it takes as much energy as it looks like and the power source is just really compact" requires you to invent fewer new things than "it takes only a tiny bit of energy and somehow defies everything we know about how physics works".

>>51436758
Because it can? I never disputed that. I dispute that it violates conservation of energy in doing so.
>>
>>51436788
The party is storming the final dungeon, and very clearly told the comic relief character not to come. She was shocked to find that he's here anyway.
>>
>>51436758
>In Mass Effect, to generate ammunition a weapon shaves a projectile the size of a sand grain from a dense block of metal contained within the weapon's body. The projectile is launched at supersonic velocities by decreasing its mass in a mass effect field.
it never made sense to me why they did away with the grab anything and shove it in the gun system in favor of the idiotic heat bullets.
>>
Would an Ajin jump work? If one were to be made how would you want an Ajin's immortality handled?
>>
>>51436754
Pretty sure D&D magic isn't internal mana based.
>>
>>51436734
So use CC or I Cheat to combine Nanoha and D&D magic so you can store all your ridiculous hour long rituals in your magitech supercomputer and cast them on a dime without preparing and by expending mana instead of material components. Turns an unbearable Vancian system into something awesome.
>>
>>51436812
Mana is completely unrelated to the function of the Darkness bloodline. Heavens was saying that yes, the perfect mana control and efficiency does, in fact, apply to other mana-based systems. He was separately denying that the Darkness bloodline is restricted to in-setting magic.
>>
>>51436806
Out of character, the explanation is that Bioware was rebalancing the mechanics of the game to favor the shooter elements over the RPG elements, so introducing an ammo system made it easier to script encounters and set pieces. In character, the explanation is that after the Geth attack the trend in weapons technology moved towards guns that were more powerful, but produced so much heat that relying on the radiator to cool it reduced average rate of fire too much to be practical. This required the guns to use disposable coolant cells, the "thermal clips".
>>
>>51436810
With a mandatory drawback and the acknowledgment that there are things in other jumps that could kill you regardless of being an Ajin.
>>
>>51436799
Alright, fine. I'll agree to disagree. You have a point, I will admit that. I don't think we're going to be getting anywhere since neither of us can really prove or test anything other than the fact that it's all based on nonsensical space magic.
>>
>>51436837
Eh. Looking back over it, it's kind of vague.
>>
>>51436844
Very true. At the end of the day, this is all something silly anyway, so let's just drop it. My apologies for any consternation that I may have caused during this argument.
>>
>>51436799
Eezo is super energy efficient. The amount of bio-electricity a normal person has (the amps help people control the energy, not increase the amount) can let someone lift another person, create bullet stopping fields and more. Now, a human is a really shitty source of energy in every universe except the matrix, so a battery from 100+ years in the future (that has been improved upon by other civilations for eons) should hold a charge long enough to last a few firefights without needing to recharge.

>>51436806
IRL: To appeal to the masses
In-game: A stupid idea that they claim is better while making fun of the fans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEnIQWXCgzQ
>>
>>51436855
It's fine. You have good points.
>>
>>51436810
I mean, it's really only physical immortality, right? Just give it the way it is in canon. It's pretty much the same or worse than Self-Molecular Manipulation and the Ultimate ritual of the Third Magic.
>>
>>51436810
I mean its basically a shitty stand with some perks like it rebuilding you if you die, if you kill the black ghost and the host at the same time it doesn't revive you does it?
>>
>>51436925
The Ghost and the Immortality come from the same source but the Ghost isn't needed for the revival.

Invisible Black Matter, a material only Ajin can see, rebuilds the body in the event of death and can be formed into Ghosts to serve various purposes (usually combat).
>>
>>51436911
Aren't both of those extremely high cost options for high power jumps?
>>
>>51436947
did not know that, I only started reading it like two hours ago and was surprised to see it talked about here honestly.
>>
>>51436948
Don't you know? It's only interjump balance if it works against them.
>>
Is there anything that lets you make minor but permanent cosmetic alterations to your appearance? I want the Darkness Bloodline, but looking like Accelerator doesn't really do it for me and I don't want to go through the effort of holding an illusion or shapeshift.
>>
>>51436948
No? X-Men Movies is hardly "high-power" and Fate is generally only mid-shonen level at best. And that's irrelevant. The only reason to restrict it below canon was if it was chain-breaking, and it's really not when e already have similar options.

That's not to say that it wouldn't be extremely expensive in the jump in which it's offered, though. Or you could just not offer it at all.

>>51436973
Whatever you say, Timmy. The only reason it'd be "handled" any differently than in canon would be inter-jump balance, anyway.
>>
>>51436984
Just get the final form from SAO and swap to a different human form.
>>
>>51436858
Come to think of it, dark energy systems probably do make really good energy storage devices. Force fields make for good storage since the energy stored increases with the square of the field strength. A magnetic field of about 290 Tesla is as energy-dense per unit volume as gasoline. Now, strong magnetic fields are really hard to produce due to limits on material strength of the generators. But we know that technology in the Mass Effect universe can make very strong mass effect fields without straining the generator very much. You could probably store a huge amount of power in a small space, that way.
>>
>>51436990
>Fate
>mid-shounen
The white crusted walls in this place say otherwise.
>>
>>51436984
CCS has Technicolor Eyes, and Disgaea's 400 CP Drop-in perk allows you to recolor your hair.
>>
Are there any ways to give a companion the ability to deny fate & predictions set in stone?
>>
>>51436991
Oh, would that work? I was worried that perk applied a default albino appearance over all my forms.
>>
>>51436970
It has come up before, that kind of immortality is a bit controversial so the setting has been mentioned before in this context.
>>
>>51437009
Well maybe kingdoms of amalaur?
>>
>>51436984
Literally any shapeshifting.

I also, for stuff like that, fanwank that it only changes what my origin's body looks like. Sort of like assuming the race your background is born as depends somewhat on the country of origin.
>>
>>51437009
The Future is Not Certain from Merlin.
>>
>>51437009
Get a power-sharing perk and give them No Fate But What We Make from Terminator.
>>
>>51436810
>Ajin's immortality
Capstone booster? Would that fit? Also, isn't it kind of new? You sure you want to make it now when it could escalate a lot?
>>
>>51437017
It's a weird perk.

>Further, any alt forms you have may now be freely combined; access any of your powers or traits from any form.

Technically you could just grab the skin, eye and hair colour from another form if you really anted to.
>>
How many jumps can get you pseudo-companions that can stay active outside of slots as long as they aren't imported? Or companions that share a single slot?

I know of:
>Nanoha
The knight programs from the books and the girls from that one scenario.
>Infernals
Your Third, Second, and Citizen First Circles demons. Also any of your companions in your Inner World.
>Hero BBS
The waifu blades.

I know there are more but can't think of them.
>>
>>51436810
Don't you still die if your head gets cut off? That's not a hard condition to meet if your opponent can take you down.
>>
>>51436463
Well, Virus from Neptunia would have to be activated, as well as Boss Mode from Phantasy Star. Those perks heal you up after taking sufficient damage, as well as grant physical buffs.
Oh! And Dark Form from Paper Mario, which does the same thing.
I guess I have a lot of "Haha, I was only pretending! BEHOLD MY NEXT FORM" perks.
I am so Freeza.

Anyway, despite that, I'm not really into the huge monstrous demon forms gimmick when I'm being serious. Those are more for when I'm fucking around or just trying to smash shit because I'm too lazy to fight the right way. So, probably mostly humanoid.

I sortof imagine Virus visually entails a kindof "infection" of Tron lines, like Shodan, or FATE from Chrono Cross.
Boss Mode probably tries for something between Sinow Gold and Dark Falz, so bulky giegeresque alien robot crap, but again, humanoid/shapeshifter, so fuck that. Probably just some armour bits, maybe claws.
And then Dark Form gives me, like... some monochromatic noble clown appearance, I think. I always imagine that gives me a star pattern over one eye, like Morton Koopa Jr. Maybe some lipstick, paler skin.

So, to answer your question...
... I guess I look like an edgy Sailor Moon villain.
But not one of the main villains. Like, one of those dumb looking monster-of-the-week women that showed up in the old anime.
I think one of them was a catgirl? There are probably some monstergirl bits in there, sure.

Edgy Sailor Moon Villain Catgirl, sure, why not.
>>
>>51437061
According to the ye olde jumpchain rules all companions (max of 8, no matter what) can stay active outside of slots. They just don't receive backgrounds and new perks. It's a good way to get a cheap workforce for inter-jump companies.
>>
>>51437074
Um, no? They can recover from decapitation just fine. Though maybe you're thinking of another setting's immortality?
>>
>>51437092
Wait, are you fucking serious? I thought they were trapped in stasis all this time.
>>
>>51437061
Item Spirits from Binbougami ga! They are sentient iirc and you can even buy a bear that acts as a way to pull out items from your warehouse.
>>
>>51437110
Yeah, same here.
>>
>>51437110
No, anon is talking about companions can still come with you to a jump even if you don't import them. They just don't get any CP or backgrounds, essentially making them drop-ins that don't buy anything.

You can still only have 8 active at a time, barring special rules for that particular jump.
>>
>>51437110
nah, if they're not imported they can still come in, they are just unable to gain a background. Which in a Sci-Fi setting it's a lot worse than in a fantasy setting. You can still have only 8 out at a time (unless you have a perk or item for that) but it's useful for small business like a gunpla shop.
>>
>>51437053
>Capstone booster?
I don't see why something like that would boost other perks, unless you mean being an ajin as the boosted capstone which makes no sense at all.

>Would that fit?
It is the key thing in the setting, of course it would fit.

>Also, isn't it kind of new?
Ish? It has been out for a good while I think but it isn't exactly old.

>You sure you want to make it now when it could escalate a lot?
It is not a Shounen, but no I'm not sure I want to make it. I asked because I started reading it again just recently, I /might/ be interested in making one when I catch up but someone who knows what they're doing might want it.

>>51437053
If their head is far enough away when they regenerate, sort of. In the same way Star Trek characters die every time they use a transporter, IE not really.

Doing that is somewhat of a coming of age ritual in the opinion of some Ajin.
>>
File: Highlander.jpg (40KB, 294x387px) Image search: [Google]
Highlander.jpg
40KB, 294x387px
>>51437096
Probably Highlander.
>>
>>51437110
99.9% of Jumpchain rules are fucking dumb. Just do whatever you want as everyone already does and interpret as written.
>>
>>51437096
Uh, maybe? I swear there was one part where the old man threatens to cut off the kid's head, because it regenerates off the largest part you have left, so the kid's head will die, and the head that grows back out of the body won't "be him" or something.
>>
Does Nanoha have any actual waifus? All I've seen people mention so far are lesbian schoolgirls.
>>
>>51437232
Have you considered being a lesbian during the jump?
>>
Actually, what are everyone's house rules about companions? Those tend to be the interesting ones.
>>
>>51437250
Even if that would be fair to them when I suddenly grow a dick next jump, I don't waifu anyone under the age of 15 at the start of the jump at the very least.
>>
File: e7aaecc1c363744979b93a60b48b9d46.jpg (328KB, 1050x1400px) Image search: [Google]
e7aaecc1c363744979b93a60b48b9d46.jpg
328KB, 1050x1400px
>>51436463
My original human form, except better-looking and much buffer due to Body Mod and I'm wearing my strongest equipment. Final Form from SAO also means that I have all of my alt forms' properties and abilities in that form so it really is my ultimate form that only comes out when shit gets real. I'm just playing around with you as a huge dragon Godzilla or fancy combat meido. It's when I transform into the normal-looking brown-haired guy with glasses that you know I've become serious about fucking you up.

I started my chain in that form. I'm going to end it in that form. Maybe here, maybe tomorrow.
>>
>>51437268
Just have to wait 3 years, besides whats the age of consent in japan? What does waiting 3 years matter anyway after you are 500,000 years old?
>>
>>51437232
Do you mean "women who are confirmed outright to be heterosexual"? No.

In fact, other than Nanoha and Fate's kid adoption and sleeping in the same bed, there are no outright lesbian relationships either. The series is more about FRIENDSHIP! than romance. In fact, that's how everyone refers to each other. That's how Nanoha and Fate refer to each other. "We're friends."

So just start throwing darts and fanwanking.
>>
Hey Red, if you're lurking and watching, what would the feasibility of a jump based on the howling commandos?

Having seen ant man, there were a few flashbacks to when I assume would be shortly after cap got frozen. I think it would be interesting to play around in that time period.

Chances are it would be lower power than MCU or MC2, if only because most of the higher tier things don't exist yet.
>>
>>51437312
It's a matter of principle.
>>
>>51437312

Because there's a difference between kids and adults no matter how old you get?
>>
>>51437312
Because how old you are doesn't affect their own mental maturity?
>>
>>51437342
>>51437372
3 years and she will be an adult.
>>
>>51437326
There's no way she would ever give up that kind of control over everyone. You should do it anyway, fuck what she thinks.
>>
>>51437386
I never said it did? I said wait 3 years for them to come of age before trying to get them in bed. Nothing immoral about that.
>>
>>51437372
Jumpers are childish no matter how old they get.
>>
So I have probably what are some dumb Lyrical Nanoha question. Just how important is Magical potential and how does it stack with Ace of Aces, for instance what would an S rank mage look like with that? Would it be that much different from a AAA mage?
>>
>>51437407
lol, projecting.
>>
>>51437395
Rule 1 eh? Alright, I can dig that.

So how's a gauntlet sound?
>>
>>51437326
There's an option to start around then in the first MCU jump.
>>
>>51437225
When an ajin revives the nearby flesh is incorporated into the rebuilt body centered on the largest part of their body, if flesh is too far away it isn't absorbed. Potentialy leaving a head behind.

Sato wants to do this to the MC as a sort of ritual to show him how different Ajin are to humans. There is no way of knowing if the head would actually still be alive to witness the new head's growth in the way Sato claimed, knowing Sato it was probobly just something he said to scare him.

It is basically a load of shit based on the idea that "Ajin die when they are killed" and that when they revive it isn't really the same person. Something that is impossible to confirm.

IE dying and reviving as an Ajin might leave the real you dead in the same way Star Trek style teleportation does, not really a relevant topic in the context of the chain unless the theoretical Ajin perk did exactly fuck all.
>>
>>51437387
>>51437400

I completely misunderstood the intent of that suggestion (in part because of the phrasing but I ain't gonna shift blame). When that played out in my head the implication sounded a lot like "Besides, what's the difference between little girl and a woman for someone who's ancient?"
>>
>>51437326
>implying that dumb whore would allow even low-power like Howling Commandos.

>implying she hasn't finally left /jc/ bawling like a bitch

Check IRC once in awhile. She's gone for good this time.
>>
>>51437061
Overlord (LN) has the Homonculus Maid.
>>
>>51437432
>glory of a monster
Well, you're not wrong.

>>51437445
Wasn't she here, like, yesterday? Maybe the day before?
>>
>>51437422
Magical Potential is basically your input/output of mana using your Linker Core, and is a measure of both your energy reserves and how much mana you can use at once. More mana, more power.

Ace of Aces is a combat competence boost, especially where fighting ability and magic is concerned, and also makes you a prodigy in terms of learning either, especially for combat purposes.

An S rank mage with Ace of Aces is literally just endgame Nanoha. You're smart, experienced, a fast learner, and you can probably blow up a city.

An AAA rank mage without experience is a bit below that, but with Ace of Aces, they could probably win a 1v1 against an S-rank lacking a similar mix of experience and skill.

That help?
>>
>>51437457
They're shitposting as usual.
>>
>>51437326
There is a mcu 2?
>>
>>51437474
No, but there's about half of one. It's still WIP.
>>
>>51437474
There was a WIP.
>>
>>51437471
Yeah I think so think you. Heh you have put together quite the CP vampire so it's tough to know where I can skimp.
>>
>>51437471
Heavens, >>51436724
>>
Wait what are the rules for companions? The previous talk confused me.
>>
>>51437445
Wait. So is she a low-power hater or a nerfer? Which one is it?
>>
>>51437491
Glad you like it!
>>51437497
>>51436724
Gonna say before, since they're basically sorta-not-really drawback backgrounds.
>>
>>51437508
You have eight slots for active companions who can follow you into jumps. Inactive companions are kept in a sort of stasis in the Warehouse, though can be active while the Warehouse is open. You can therefore swap out companions while visiting the Warehouse. Imports are not necessary for your companions to be active, they only offer them new identities and skills. Some jumps offer places for your inactive companions to hang out outside the Warehouse, for example Uncharted Waters lets them chill on your boat.
>>
>>51437508
You can as many companions as you want in stasis but you can only have 8 active/imported (with the exception of jumps that allow otherwise).
>>
>>51437471
Do the Group B scenarios not end your chain if failed? Also, what are the chances of the described events happening anyway if you don't take their respective scenarios?
>>
>>51437508
Normal rules allow for up to 8 companions at any given time, while there's no specifications as to whether this is separate from imports, you get a lot of people that assume they overlap. Hence that's called the 8 companion limit.

If a jump specifies that the number shifts, then it shifts. If a jump has multiple companions put in a slot, then that's that. Outside of that it's all houserules.
>>
>>51437529
Alright, thanks mate.
>>
>>51437471
Sorry, I know you're probably sick and tired of these questions by now, so I'll leave you alone after this.

First, does the Book of Dawn give you a control problems when filled?

Second, would Toggle let you tone down your control with the Book of Darkness, since it works as a dial?
>>
>>51437251
This is less of a house rule about companions and more about pods, but I house rule that empty pods expand the companion limit. So if I have nine companions, two podded companions, and an empty pod, I can have all eleven of my companions active instead of just ten.
>>
>>51437546
The Jewel Seed Incident is basically just the initial canon plot that kicks off the entirety of the series. It's happening anyways, this just ropes you into it and forces you to have some hand in it.

Most of the failure conditions in Group B are just a natural consequence of the danger (death=failure like normal Jumpchain, 1ups notwithstanding). Failing the scenarios have their logical consequences and don't yield their respective rewards if you don't manage. Belka Rising is basically a capstone drawback in scenario form, and is the exception - your goal is surviving or thriving.
>>51437601
No, it does not. The problems with the Book of Darkness were explicitly from tampering with it. The Book of Dawn lacks these.

Not ruling on outside perks, but due to how the scenario works, it wouldn't immediately fix the problem - but it'd probably give you a buffer. Just imagine if the dial kept sliding in the opposite direction if you don't handle/fix the problem.
>>
>>51437251
I was considering something like the companion limit expanding by one slot every 20 or 50 jumps or something. Just because I pretty much refuse to take more companions than the limit otherwise.
>>
>>51437674
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>51437674
So if you're reading the Book anyway it should be possible to fix the control problem?
>>
>>51437719
Repairing*
>>
>>51437674
Uh, not him, but I guess I'm not understanding how the Conquest path of the Belkan rising drawback is equivalent to a capstone drawback? I mean, it seems like a barely-surviving remnant is trying to conquer the galaxy with largely typical sci-fi level technology (with some dimensional shenanigans).
>>
File: 1443570125380.jpg (50KB, 550x770px) Image search: [Google]
1443570125380.jpg
50KB, 550x770px
There was a perk somewhere that enabled the people you helped to make a full recovery from psychological issues that ordinarily couldn’t be fully healed.
Anyone remember where it was?
>>
>>51437798
Well in hero bbs theres a sword(or is it a bat) that lets you beat people back to mental health.
>>
>>51437798

You mean Dandachi from Hero BBS?
>>
>>51437809
>>51437814
No, it was a perk.
>>
>>51437798
There's something like that in Worm, I think.
>>
>>51437848
Pretty sure Fate/Stay Night has that. It's the boosted form of one of the Second Child 600cp perks.
>>
>>51437442
>not really a relevant topic in the context of the chain
Technically it means you're flipping a coin every time your head is cut off on whether or not you die based on whether you are the clone remembering or the original witnessing.
>>
>>51437848
>>51437896
The perk is 'I Am No One's Tool'. According to the boosted version, you will eventually recover from any attempt to change or damage your body or soul.
>>
>>51437798

Feels like it'd be in some feel good jump like Winnie the Pooh.
>>
>>51437798
Anti-Demon Wavelength from Soul Eater?
The Mental version of the Commencing Operation! perks from Franken Fran?
>>
>>51437909
That isn't how it works, it is the same concept as the teleportation question.

What if when you are teleported the you at the start point didn't disappear when the you at the end point appeared? With many forms of teleportation this is a real possibility. It is the idea that the original "you" dies when teleported and that the teleportation created a new "you" at the destination.

This is the same with Ajin it is just less apparent, regardless of whether or not the head is removed this issue remains. The issue is just more obvious when the head is removed.

In the context of the chain this would (like every other time this issue comes up) mean nothing because "you" would still be you instead of a copy. If a theoretical Ajin perk deviated from this trend it would be useless, not just a coin toss and not just from decapitation. You die if you die, being an Ajin would do NOTHING.
>>
>>51437881
>>51437896
>>51437927
>>51437929
>>51437941
I do remember it was similar to Heart Surgeon from Neo-Heisei Part 3.
>>
>>51438014
>It is the idea that the original "you" dies when teleported and that the teleportation created a new "you" at the destination.
Uh, yeah, that's what I fucking said. You're making a coin flip as to which you are. You can easily be the one that died, not the one that lives and 'remembers' teleporting.

>You would still be you
Only if you have a perk for it. Whether you DO flip or not, you technically are taking that chance as a story character.
>>
Say you're a Monster Cat, from Soul Eater.
How would that affect an NGE Angel form? Nine bodies connected to each other, or 1 body with nine layers or something?
How would it effect Exaltations? Aren't they basically bolted to your soul? Would they be tethered to all nine, or would each soul have a 'carrying capacity' of one, or would you have eight 'normal' souls, and one beefy one with a bunch of spiritual weapons bound to it?
What happens to things like RWBY Aura? I'd assume you'd only have 1 Semblance, since they're all 'you', but it's gotta fuck with Aura somehow, right? Do you get nine layers of Aura, just have ton of it?

Oh god, could you unlock the Aura in souls you've eaten through Dark Binding or something, or would they be too mutilated to be worth the effort after a while?
>>
>>51438068
And what the hell kind of mess would this look like to anyone with eyes to see that kind of shit?
Are their beauty perks for souls? I feel like I'm going to need them after a while.
>>
what jump has the best magic for mind control? preferably something that is cast and leave. I think that D&D has some pretty good stuff, but I'm not 100% sure.

added bonus if the magic lets you clear the memory of the person being enchanted after the effect ends. Or if the person doesn't know that they have been enchanted
>>
>>51438095
like, cast a spell that makes them do something, and then leave to let them do it. I don't need to be able to modify things on the fly
>>
File: fanwank.png (27KB, 300x307px) Image search: [Google]
fanwank.png
27KB, 300x307px
>>51438068
>>51438093
There comes a point when you've just got to come up with something yourself.

It's your chain. What do you think would be most interesting?
>>
>>51438061
>You're making a coin flip as to which you are.
That is not a coin flip, in that situation the original "you" definitely dies and the new "you" definitely isn't the original. There is no coin flip.

>Only if you have a perk for it.
No not only if you have a perk for it, using a star trek transporter doesn't end your chain and this wouldn't either. Your consciousness would be preserved across revival, unless the jumpmaker did something stupid that rendered Ajin completely impotent.
>>
>>51438095
Overlord probably has some good shit for that.

Infernals, too. Though brainwashing or mid control Charms and, to a lesser extent, Sorceries tend to wear off eventually.
>>
>>51438095
D&D does have Mind Rape, if you're looking for something specific there.
>>
>>51438150
They could make it a once-per-jump sort of thing. Or you could get something like OSMM or Anomalous Physiology, which yes renders Ajin redundant, but still.
>>
>>51438150
>using a star trek transporter doesn't end your chain
Because of fiat.
>>
>>51438174
and D&D does have the stuff that I'm looking for, now that I'm looking through d20 again, the big issue is that suggestion only lasts for an hour/level.

I could probably find a perk to make it last longer though
>>
File: tumblr_m8n5jfw3ll1ru6t0p.gif (702KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8n5jfw3ll1ru6t0p.gif
702KB, 500x281px
>>51435844
I think it depends on what you mean by "anything"? Like, you can start a campfire with fire magic. Make a cooling wind on a hot day, or blow papers around to cause confusion. Make water to drink. That kindof stuff. Basically just basic utility use of existing magic.
But if you're asking, like, "Can I make crazy magitech or do conceptual stuff", then no, Zelda magic is not that kind of magic. It's an action/adventure videogame about a boy who picks up a sword and fights evil. Magic is pretty direct in its application.

>>51435072
Lately I've been thinking that my jumping has been kindof boring, what with the handwaving and "I don't really know a lot about this setting, so ---" Smash'n'grab. Not much of a narrative. So I've been going back and spending time thinking about the things I'm actually doing, and constructing more vignette stories in my head.
Y'know, when I don't get distracted by Youtube videos or some shit.

Of course, as always, this inevitably leads to minor build changes, because I'm about as decisive as a small yappy dog on a sugar high.

Fun note:
Every time I have a major build change, like one that causes a story change, because my chain ascribes to infinite multiverse theory, in my head, that means the Konata who had the old build actually slammed headfirst into a dead timeline and probably died.
So with the recent major retool of Sailor Moon and Nanoha, Nikamoth and Heavens are directly responsible for the deaths of two Konatas.
Food for thought!
>>
>>51438204
I'm also pretty sure that Star Trek transporters are fairly inconsistent and destruction of the prior body is largely fanon.
>>
>>51438243
Nah, there's a character in the series who talks about it.

But the jump does have a note fiating your survival.
>>
>>51438204
It's funny because a quick google search shows that the canon answer is that the Star Trek transporters aren't killing you and making a copy. There's some episodes that have some weirdness that might make it seem like it but they always involve weird external factors.

Canon answer is that transporters are a form of teleportation and there's even one character who we get to see actually experience a transport, with full consciousness throughout.

What >>51438243 said. The death thing is fanon.
>>
File: Demonss.png (566KB, 1024x1471px) Image search: [Google]
Demonss.png
566KB, 1024x1471px
Where can I get an altform that looks like pic related?
>>
>>51438262
Mushoku tensei, they are however usually black.
>>
>>51438190
>They could make it a once-per-jump sort of thing.
That would be awful, Ajin regularly kill themselves in the course of a fight. That would destroy the value of the ability completely, or at least the interesting parts like restoring your stamina with a bullet to the head.

>Or you could get something like OSMM or Anomalous Physiology, which yes renders Ajin redundant, but still.
Or you could treat Ajin like one of those perks, at the end of the day Ajin are just weak stand users with high level healing factors that only trigger when sustaining fatal damage.
>>
>>51438278
Well, you could have the full function in-jump and then limit it until post-Spark.
>>
>>51438262
Generic Post-Apocalypse. Getting Cosmetic Traits, Combat Mutation, & 4 purchases of Extra Arm should give everything but that gem on her forehead.
>>
>>51438262
That... would look a lot like a r63 Asura if you were to remove the horns.
>>
>>51438292
Why?
>>
>>51438262
this that a specific character? where is it from?
>>
>>51438068
Can't speak for others or how you should do it, but here's how I fanwank it:
My NGE body has one body, but nine layers to their core.
Each of my souls has a different exaltation bolted onto it.
If I can't work out what having nine souls should do to certain powers, I fall back on "it makes soul-based stuff nine times stronger/bigger/better".
>>
>>51438326
Why not?
>>
File: UPSET WAUGH.png (740KB, 926x700px) Image search: [Google]
UPSET WAUGH.png
740KB, 926x700px
>>51438240
>I killed a Konata

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D8
>>
>>51438326
Post-Chain, then. You're right, it doesn't seem worth locking behind a Spark.
>>
>>51438345
>>51438365
You need a reason to limit something to Post-Spark/Chain, a reason compelling enough to resort to inter jump balance (which such a limit would be).

What part of being an Ajin warrants such a limitation?
>>
Does this look okay, or should I go back to plain text?

Also I maybe should have asked this earlier, but if anyone has any ideas for a Neo-Spacian tree they'd like to share, that would be great. They're only an off-hand mention instead of their own background because I literally can't think of anything to give them.
>>
>>51438327
Iunno. Found it while searching Anonkun.
>>
>>51438068
I always wanked it as being a mix of both. It starts off as layers, thus providing additional defense, but I can split up into nine. And it has to be nine, I can't dispatch less than that, it has to be all nine split.
>>
Can anyone help me here >>51436671 ? I want to know what combat looks like in Sailor Moon, and how's collateral damage (caused by fighting, rather than mass murder)?
>>
>>51438380
You don't need a reason to limit anything, anon.
>>
>>51438380
This >>51438408
You disgusting powerwankers have gotten on long enough.
It's about time we put you faggots in your place.
>>
>>51438408
>>51438424
Is this shitposting? Have I been arguing with a shitposter?
>>
>>51438424
Ahhhh, which one are you?
>>
File: Konaco.jpg (19KB, 490x276px) Image search: [Google]
Konaco.jpg
19KB, 490x276px
>>51438347
Don't feel bad, Nika. I'm responsible for the deaths of like fifteen Konatas.

>>51438386
Speaking personally, I like white on black more than black on white, so it looks great to me.
>>
>>51438386
I think it looks better like this, personally.
Also, are you going to be doing with with other archetypes or will this be a one-off thing?
I kinda want a Madolches jump, honestly.
>>
So, informal poll, just how much samefagging do you think these nerfwhore vs. powerwanker "discussions" contain by volume? I'm saying it's between 50 - 75%.
>>
>>51438386
I think it reads fine white on black.
>>
>>51438386
>spoiler
As I recall, their existence took everyone by surprise when they first showed up. So a perk for being out of context should work. Also, they were able to astral project, they were capable of space travel, they were able to block the corruptive influence of the Light of Destruction, and they were apparently their own civilization? So there's something.

I like the design, actually.
>>
>>51438458
90%
>>
>>51438442
Well, not exactly. I mean, I'm not really invested in this, just throwing out potential (if suboptimal) solutions.
>>
>>51438386
Looks pretty nice. Are you doing any other archetypes?
>>
>>51438442
This is just another flavor of shitposting, yes.
>>
>>51438402
Probably planet busting, or something like that. We know they blew up a dimension fairly on in the series.
>>
>>51438458
>>51438478
How do I know you're not samefagging, anon?
>>
>>51438386
This is looking really cool so far. And the formatting is great. Don't see any reason you should need to go back to plain text.
>>
>>51438456
I feel like seconding this.
>>
>>51438458

I'm banking a solid 70-80% for sure. The remaining 20-30% is made up of the genuinely thin skinned or gullible, which I am (gullible that is).
>>
>>51438486
Huh. I got the impression from one of the capstone items that something that can't even city-bust is "unmatched in power", but then there are apparently absurdly powerful superweapons.
>>
>>51438495
There is no proof that anyone can offer that they are not samefagging. Pics get claims of photo editing, or hacking the page itself. So while I appreciate your attempt at chan-fun, that's beginners bait.
>>
File: sailor moon blast.gif (740KB, 490x304px) Image search: [Google]
sailor moon blast.gif
740KB, 490x304px
>>51438402
Okay, think of it for the most part as street level people slinging magic at each other, with some dramatic kicks thrown in. But it's mostly blasting magic at daimons and then dodging their blasts.

Personally, I think the senshi transformation does give you a minor strength and agility boost, but if you're not trained in this for very strong to begin with, it's not a good idea to rely on the boost and a better idea to blast people, as the transformation really magnifies your magic and ability to blast people. Usagi usually kills the youma by blasting it, but iirc Sailor Jupiter killed a youma once in the fourth anime season.

Also Tellius fans, you might like this perk.

Shove (100 CP, Drop-In Free)
Sometimes you need to shove someone in the right spot. With this perk, you will always have just the right amount of strength to shove someone to where you want them to be, within reason. And you can do it just light enough and subtle enough where you won’t even be seen doing the shoving. Not only that, people won’t get mad at you if you shove them.
>>
>>51438386
Was this an actual Yugioh series I missed or what? Because I remember actually enjoying GX back in the day, but I don't remember this.
>>
>>51435296
We don't have that already?
>>
>>51438448
>>51438461
>>51438506
Ah, I was mostly worried about the images since I just sort of... put them in whatever place and size/aspect looked good at the time.

>>51438466
Welp, Neo-Spacians are gonna be a thing now. Thanks anon.

>>51438456
>>51438481
Probably just the Duel Terminal and Gagagigo storylines. That second one might get folded into a general jump due to how much he crosses over with. Although I've been thinking about Six Samurais after looking them up and finding out they're basically just a Sengoku period story.

>>51438577
This is... basically just the cards. As in, the actual world depicted by them in which the Heroes presumably live in.
>>
>>51438534
By the end, Sailor Moon herself was insanely powerful, as in casually traveling from Earth to the center of the galaxy, and her future (?) self Sailor Cosmos casually reduced the embodiment of evil itself to an infinitely small piece while sealing it inside the...Galaxy Cauldron, I think it's called? Can't remember, but it's basically the source of all souls and stars and everything.

Though, to be fair, it was mostly like this >>51438562.
>>
>>51438562
Is there any generic magic/blasts/attacks that can be used apart from the two powers you choose, or are those pretty much the full extent of your abilities? Is there basically just a finishing move and spammable "magic missile"?
>>
>>51438442
>>51438447
My hope is that by being this obvious, you'll be more resistant to such tactics in the future. Stop being so gullible. If I can lure you in, they'll have no problem.
>>
>>51438615
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>51438602
No problem, SMTAnon, thanks for making this.
>>
>>51438612
I believe I stated somewhere in the Senshi description that you will be receiving powerups sometimes and these powerups will be giving you new attacks.

Could be wrong though.
>>
>>51438386
It's not loading on my computer for some reason...Gives me a "failed to load PDF" error message.
>>
>>51438615
I was one of the guys pulled in by the several hour long nonsense where one guy just repeatedly posted some variation of calling the other side of the debate Monmusu fags in response to every argument. Especially when it made no sense.

Me and at least one other guy kept engaging him for several hours, before we figured out it was just shitposting. Some people on this thread. . . we just don't learn.

I really wish I was making this up.
>>
>>51438602
Will there be a drawback for confronting the Light of Destruction? Like, a fight against an avatar of it as well as all the Heroes who have been brainwashed/corrupted by it?
>>
>>51438641

fug

Maybe try opening it in your browser? Or in an actual pdf reader, if that's what you were doing before?

>>51438665
There will be now.
>>
>>51438659
Well, anon, you're retarded. However, to borrow from Socrates, now that you know you're retarded, you're less retarded than the retards who do not know they're retarded. In a way, you have a dumbass form of wisdom.

Congratulations for your increased awareness. I hope that you continue to learn and grow as a person.
>>
>>51438717
Ironically most people I know think I'm really smart, though it's an american college so it's probably relative.
>>
>>51438659
Ya see, your problem is that you have too much faith in your fellow humans.

Free speech and anonymity is great and all, I love this site, but if someone is being relentlessly acerbic and has devolved to namecalling and their arguments hold less water than vaporized glassware, they likely aren't here for constructive conversation.

>>51438717
>The Tau of Derp
Heh.
>>
>>51438716
>spoiler
Noice.
>>
>>51438739
Smart isn't incompatible with gullible and well reasoned arguments are sometimes wholly unreasonable.
>>
>>51438739
Intelligence is not the same as wisdom.

I learned that one the hard way. Many times over.
>>
Jump #256: Soul Eater
>Queen of Pentacles: A person steadfast, practical, and domestic, able to create opulence and stability in any setting.
>Age: 10
>Location: Witch's Realm
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: Think Of The Children (+100), Obsession (+200)
So I'm not going to kill any kids, and I'm obsessed with something. You know what's fun to be obsessed over? Cooking. Because screw this setting, if one can have madness of boobs, then I will be obsessed with cooking.
>Ripper (Free, Drop-In)
Boosted speed and agility is the best! Horrifying claws, perhaps a bit less so... but they're useful for chopping vegetables!
>Strong Soul (900)
The spiritual strength of ninety-nine men? I have absolutely no idea what that actually MEANS, though.
>Soul Menace (800)
Having to rely on some sort of weapon is a nasty weakness that I have no intention of inviting. Resonating with my own soul basically means I should be able to engage in high-impact s- I mean, the usual fighty nonsense that everyone else here seems to engage in.
>Anti-Demon Wavelength (0)
Madness is a silly mechanic. If this is what I resonate with, I'm pretty sure I can basically walk up and slap whoever's ranting about madness and screwing with peoples' heads.

So, that basically sums up my ten years here. Walking around and slapping the shit out of people when they're playing these silly games. Am I going out of my way to do anything with the plot? No. But if it comes my way, I will happily smack the shit out of people.

No, I am instead going to use my abilities as a jumper to do what I feel is the best use of my time in a setting like this: sitting it out, building a restaurant and making it a huge success. It might be because my patience with such behavior is low, or because I'm still irate about getting a companion and literally losing her two jumps later because she refused to stop playing god, I'm not sure.

But that doesn't really matter. What matters is that I'm making awesome food that people enjoy.
>>
File: sora.jpg (128KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
sora.jpg
128KB, 1024x768px
Since Kingdom Hearts 2.8 has reminded me that Kingdom Hearts exists, I decided to check out the jumps.

And maybe it's just that it's late here, but I can't for the life of me tell when each Jump is meant to start.

Also, is it just me, or is the Birth By Sleep jump a bit sparse? Or maybe it's just that the core Jump is 88 pages and I haven't read a jump in a while, so my perspective is skewed.
>>
>>51438843
There's only one KH jump
>>
>>51438609
Does anyone else do anything like that later? It seems like the other girls are entirely irrelevant after a point.
>>
>>51438843
Birth by Sleep was made long before the core Kingdom Hearts jump was made, and it only covers over a very brief period of time in the chronology. Kingdom Hearts' timeline is a clusterfuck made up of 4 different points. Birth by Sleep deals with 1 of them while Kingdom Hearts deals with 2.
>>
>>51438843
BiS is a WIP jump and the core jump is closer to 1/4 or 1/3 of that length if it's not imaged.
>>
>>51438864
So how dangerous is the jump anyways?
>>
>>51438910
Which one, Birth by Sleep or KH? If you're not taking drawbacks, Birth by Sleep is more dangerous than KH is, but even then you have to dive headfirst into the danger. The further back in the timeline you go for KH the worse things get.
>>
>>51438910
Well, are you getting involved with the plot, or not? If not, worst you have to deal with is mostly hordes of shadow monsters.
>>
>>51438859
>>51438864
>>51438868
Alright, disregard Birth by Sleep, but still wondering when the Kingdom Hearts jump starts. The strongest clue I could find was in the Drawback: Plot Bound, where you've got a 'brief period' before Sora gets dropped into Traverse Town. But is that specific to the drawback, or did I miss something obvious?

Anyone have more insight, or maybe the authors said something?
>>
>>51438953
It was made by Spyro, try digging around on 4plebs.
>>
>>51438953
Hmm. Well the Disney Castle description has "Queen Minnie rules from here, though her husband, King Mickey, has been absent of late" while Traverse Town has "One of the last bastions of safety and the home of many survivors of destroyed worlds. A group of fighters protect this city and its people from the encroaching darkness. Merlin himself has a home hidden away here, and there are many other secrets to uncover amongst the back alleys and around the various districts" if that gives any clues?
>>
>>51438953
>>51438975

TopHatAlthaus was co-creator if that helps, and is the one who imaged it.
>>
Right, so, anons, I need a little help and/or advice here. I'm working on creating an army of SCP-999s, and thanks to some other anon, I now know how to do so using the Researcher capstone. However, I thought to myself: why JUST replicate SCP-999 when I can make this even better? So, I decided to make them even better via using the reward from the Terra Formars jump to uplift them (using Civilization to provide enough time for this). But I want to further improve them, and here's the rub: I COULD use Sacrificial Bestowment to give them some of my perks, but a few of them aren't genetic, and I'm not going to be able to give it to all of them.

So, what perks allow you to pass on non-genetic perks? Also, what perks grant power from friendship, and the ability to heal people, preferably by contact? That way, not only will they be able to protect others using the power of friendship, but when they 'hug' someone, it will also allow them to heal the being they're 'hugging'.
>>
>>51438953
I'm guessing they didn't specify a time because they didn't know the timeline. The time span between 1 and 2 are rather clear (1 year due to Sora's age going from 14 to 15), but to piece it all together, you have to take Blank Points, Signs of What's Next, and the ending segments of 2.8 into account.

If they set it too early, they would have hit Birth By Sleep, since Aqua mentions meeting Sora and Riku when they were kids, and neither of them are actually that old when KH1 starts off. You'd probably be safe assuming that it starts right at the start of the first game.

If Birth By Sleep, whenever it's done, isn't set some time before the game, there'll be an odd little overlap, because BBS and KH1 are definitely in between a decade. The only part of the timeline outside the 10 year span safely right now is Chi, and I don't think anyone will volunteer to make a jump for that given how convoluted its part in the timeline is.
>>
>>51439018
There's a perk in Discworld that lets you have young being inherit your abilities, you don't even have to be related to them.
>>
>>51439018
You can go to Marvel to get a custom healing power of some type.
And you can choose whether or not your powers are X-gene based, or magical, or tech.
So just be Mutant in Marvel. What's the worst that could happen?
>>
File: 1460870628618.png (64KB, 309x235px) Image search: [Google]
1460870628618.png
64KB, 309x235px
>>51438240
JUST AS PLANNED
>>
>>51439050
>>51439051
Thanks anons.

>>51439052
Hey, Heavens, quick question. Are Linker Cores genetic? Like, for example, if I gave someone a Linker Core via the Mysterious Serum, would their kids have a Linker Core as well?
>>
>>51438991
King Mickey disappeared just a little before the first game started, allowing his note to be found by Donald, who set off with Goofy to Traverse Town. So, I'm willing to bet you land around that time.
If you're trying to save Destiny Island from getting jacked by Heartless, you might actually be just barely too late, or else have to really hustle your ass off, but other than that it sounds as if you land somewhere around the beginning of the first game.
>>
>>51439077
Not sure, this one is in fanwank territory. I'd say the chance is above zero. Might not necessarily have the exact same affinity as the parent, though.
>>
>>51439081
The description for Destiny Island in the jump makes me think the latter, as it's described as incredibly peaceful but comments that a tree house holds a secret that can doom the world.
>>
>>51439092
Eh, I can work with that. I'll just wank it as being something you can inherit, but the affinity and potential might not be the same as the parent. Thanks Heavens.
>>
>>51439024
>>51439081
Thanks, anons.

...I rolled a seven for location. Aqua's been stuck in the Realm of Darkness for like a decade by now, hasn't she? Time to look over my perks and figure out how to bust us out.

Or, you know, cough up the select a Background to get around the location roll.
>>
>>51439117
She's in there because she needs to be in there, 2.8 clarified why she went into the Realm of Darkness in the first place. Unless you're going to eradicate the concept of darkness instantly, you probably don't want to remove her.
>>
File: Cow Girl16.jpg (128KB, 850x878px) Image search: [Google]
Cow Girl16.jpg
128KB, 850x878px
>>51439052
>>51439092

Bodacious Babes
>>
>>51439192
I want to touch the cow. I want to do it now.
>>
>>51439184
This sounds interesting. Summary or link to something explaining it? Or some keywords for me to search for it myself? I lack the hardware to play any of the games after KH2, so...

Should probably be spoilered, mind you.
>>
>>51439204
Just look it up on youtube? People finished the game within release day and started pumping out lore videos on it already. Even if you just search for 2.8 cutscenes you could probably find the last several cutscenes for 2.8 pretty easy.
>>
File: index2.jpg (19KB, 188x267px) Image search: [Google]
index2.jpg
19KB, 188x267px
Jump # 202 Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Background: Drop In (0)

Perks:
*Ace of Aces (600)
*Age is no barrier (0)
*Well Adjusted (0)
*Zenryoku Zenkai! (100, Discount)
*Power of Friendship (300, Discount)

Companions
*My friends and me (200)
*Jumper Squad 7 (400)

Magic
*potential rank: S (400)
*Telepathy (0)
* Shooting type spells (0)
*Bombardment-Type Spells (0)
*Magic-Enhanced Attacks (0)
*Capture type spells (0)

Items:
*Sponsered by Pizza Hut (0)
*Stack of Cash (0)

Devices
*Handling - Weapon Type
*Form - Standard form(Import -Caliburn), Device form, Shooting form (200 DP)
*Intelligence - Intelligent (100 DP)
*Add Systems -Auto Repair, Accelerated Charge System (150 DP)

Barrier Jacket
*Form - Sonic form, (100)
*Enhancements: Sonic Boost (50)

Drawbacks:
*Seperated (+100)
*Lost Logia Magnet (+100)
*Befriending (+100)
*Hooked (+100)
*Clothing Damage (+100)
*What Evacuation siren? (+200)

Scenarios:
*A Mother's Love (+300)

(I don’t know what I’m doing hopefully I didn’t screw myself too badly...)

So… that was a thing. Usually my best plans don’t involve taking a starlight breaker to the face. If it hadn’t been clear I needed to get away from Presea before she discovered my powers and forced me to revive Alicia; It became clear afterwards, the bitch was experimenting on me trying to find a way to transfer my powers to Alicia.

Alicia who wasn’t a Psychopath got Nanoha to rescue me and Fate. When she showed up Fate was in no condition to fight because she stepped in to stop the torture I was receiving do to Presea deciding I must have done something to her daughter to make her disloyal.

Anyways at that point I knew I needed out. My companions were nowhere in sight and despite Nanoha’s pleas I realized I didn’t have it in me to turn on Presea. So I forced her to fight me when I could barely stand. Then again I am pretty hard to knock sense in to so yeah a Starlight breaker might have been necessary.
(To be cont.)
>>
File: Touch the milky cow.jpg (135KB, 1024x990px) Image search: [Google]
Touch the milky cow.jpg
135KB, 1024x990px
>>51439202

Bodacious Babes
>>
>>51439248
I woke up in a TBSA Hospital as our little scuffle had gotten their attention; Presea had tried to flee but ran in to some flaming skeleton guy and disappeared. It sounded to me like she had a bad time.

I was reunited with a few of my companions and adopted Nanoha as another sister. As it would turn out she would officially wind up a Sister in law by both Fate and Alicia.

I was offered the chance to join the TBSA instead of going to prison because raising the dead is a no-no. I took it as some of my companions like Sans were already members. We found my wives soon after, they had found each other first. I can’t put in to words how glad I was to see them after what I had been through.

As a member of the TBSA I managed to help a lot of people and even save a few worlds. Strangely always at the expense of my clothes (There was no end to the teasing I got do to that).
>>
>>51439204
As an additional note, if you want to understand 2.8, it actually does help if you understand Chi, because Chi explains the entire Kingdom Hearts series, and it also flips the story over on its head. The core plot of KH so far has actually just been a continuation of Chi's plot, because Chi confirms that some individuals don't have a concept of time.
>>
>>51439251
>>
>>51439260
>TBSA
TSAB?
>>
>>51439286
umm... yeah. my bad, I did mention I knew nothing of them at least I got close.
>>
>>51439192
I can't wait until Soul Nomad. It has flat cowgirls.
>>
File: Llama Heresy.jpg (142KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Llama Heresy.jpg
142KB, 400x400px
>>51439355
That is some serious heresy anon.
>>
>>51439380
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZUPCB9533Y
Llamas with hats jump when?
>>
File: fe6.jpg (53KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
fe6.jpg
53KB, 600x450px
>>51439380
>>
File: Titlet bullying time!.jpg (60KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Titlet bullying time!.jpg
60KB, 960x720px
>>51439355
Well, DeSu's planning on making it, after he finishes DDS part 2.

Also, FUCKING HERETIC.

>>51439398
>>
>>51439397
Is Carl a jumper? I can't explain his lack of prison time any other way.
>>
>>51439421
It would also explain the elaborate river of murder.
>>
What dog breed(s) did you go with in Nintendogs?
>>
>>51439446
"I'm a dangerous sociopath with a long history of violence, I don't understand how you keep forgetting that."
Because you took perks to make him forget that?
>>
>>51439453
"You toppled a South-American Dictator!"
"I'm building a meat dragon."
"How did you even do this?" - "A dollop of fairy dust."
"Caaarl, what is that?!" - "I may have created a rack in space-time. To collect millions of baby hands." - "I don't understand how or why you do anything."
>>
>>51439449
The Eldritch.
>>
>>51438843
You start around about the time of the first game, maybe a few days early.
>>
>>51439935
Thankyou!
>>
SCP has a perk that blanks out memetic hazards.

Is there a perk for immunity, allowing me to still experience them?
>>
>>51435072
Jumper-me is currently wondering why the deities of this universe don't want to come to his parties. 'Could he be out of touch?', he wonders. 'No, it's the gods who are wrong'.
>>
>>51440534
In Generic Creepypasta. It's one of the Drop In capstones.
>>
>>51438386
Wait a fucking second. That Wicked Prodigy perk...

>so you can chase an Elemental Hero on the run
>You'll need to be sneaky
>trip your enemies up like a banana peel in a cartoon
>lesson in trickery

You should have named the perk We Are Number One.
>>
>>51435072
pretty good, pretty good. my Jumper is presently making love to the wife in the Ashes of the Führerhauptquartiere since were in Indiana Jones right now.
>>
File: Captain Garlock.jpg (85KB, 780x481px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Garlock.jpg
85KB, 780x481px
>>51435072
...kinda in a state of quantum uncertainty?

I mean. Between Sailor Moon and Fate/Stay Night I've retroactively become MUCH less helpless than I thought I was.

And between Nanoha and Sailor Moon, I'm experiencing dangerous levels of friendship contamination way ahead of schedule. I haven't even decided one whether or not to snag Summoning or not.

Otherwise-well, as we advance into settings I know less and less about, I'm finding it increasingly harder to write what I'm actually out to achieve on top of trying to quantify the consequences of my earlier decisions.

In-chain, since this all chronologically happened after F/SN JUMPER may or may not have pulled a pulled a cosmic retcon on my chain by butterfly effecting my future with his actions. Both making me stronger for the coming years, and punish my hubris by cursing me with ever-greater misfortune. The other explanation, as ever, is Nyarlathotep.

It's like waking up with a hangover and wondering why I'm sharing a room with Mike Tyson and his tiger.

>>51438386
Looks good so far!

>>51435296
>>51438595
You could always use that one Silicon Life perk from Blame! to merge one of your regular cute girl forms with a monster form. Maybe have an additional shapeshifting form like GC's ones to make sure it comes out looking cute rather than, well, Niheiesque.
>>
File: Garlock Arrives.jpg (25KB, 597x333px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Arrives.jpg
25KB, 597x333px
>>51436463
I haven't had Final Forms for a long, long time. For much of my chain I've preferred to just whittle people down with cheap attacks until they just give up out of frustration.

I've been working on while for a while, though. It's...technologically similar to the concept of the Gunstar. But instead of mutilating an existing jotun, I'm networking a specific jotun with a bunch of other things. It involves all the assimilated Spiral Exaltations I've harvested and tethered to unique Judgement-souls, all floating in a sea of Lifestream-like spiritual energy. It also involves something based on the Sword of Creation; unlike it, the Sword of the Cosmos exact dimensions are...hard to quantify considering I forged it out of my temporary Creator powers and a Mundane Egg. FInally, it involves an immense lattice of miracle engines-basically Reality Engines buffed with the Third and First True Magics, energised with Sourcery, made more efficient through certain Lost Logia construction methods and converted into pure spiritual energy through eradia/mantra infusion.

It's still in the process of being finished though, and for now it's incubating within my other joutens like a combination of chrysalis and egg. My forecast is that the Spark will give me sufficient energy and dimensional leverage to catalyse its' perfect form. Not least, by connecting to all the sub-systems I've left across the multiverse.

More than a weapon, in a way it's kind of the physical manifestation of both my strength and desperation unified.

After this is all over, I need a break.

A really, freaking long break. To make sure all my loose ends are tied up before my return to the Lovecraftverse.

As for why I need such a weapon in the first place-because once I arrive there, it's quite literally do or die.

>>51440612
...oh wow.

Even that smile and pose by the pic next to it looks 100% Robbie.
>>
In Anima Beyond Fantasy, can you purchase the 'New Companion' option multiple times?
>>
File: 1484710307240.jpg (182KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1484710307240.jpg
182KB, 1920x1090px
>>51436463
I technically don't have a 'final form'. I'm always at my best, you know.

But if things start go down, my last trump card is to retreat to collapse my body into my many inner worlds, collapsing them into a chaotic mess that starts infecting reality. From my own dream-scape, to my soul worlds. Thoughts, my assimilated souls, first and second circle demons among other things start appearing, buffed and empowered by Madness Wavelength of Chaos. Things start breaking in the most fundamental levels, and things start working in a way that they shouldn't.

This is all supervised by my many inner voices who assume control until I can effectively repair myself.

And the only ones that aren't targeted by this effect are my companions, all of them having a small shard of my soul inside of them, allowing my now decaying psyche and soul recognize them a allies and do not attack them.
>>
File: raging banchô-Anon.png (6MB, 2400x3202px) Image search: [Google]
raging banchô-Anon.png
6MB, 2400x3202px
>>51436463
this one.
>>
>>51440800
>Evil God just sighs at the idiocy of the form and still obliterates the jumper with a single attack.
>>
>>51437798
Not sure if this helps but
Mental healing perks:
>Persona
>Worm, hero origin
>Madoka Wraith: Gentle Soul origin
>Nechronica has Reaching Nirvana 1/2, Maiden, Healing, Undefeatable Heart and Warm Smile.
>Exalted Sidereals Charms
>>
>>51440816
>Evil God just sighs at the idiocy of the form and still obliterates the jumper with a single attack.

Evil God didn't realize it was a distraction and my other two bodies were teleporting behind him to Impale him
>>
In Generic Creepypasta, can I discount a 200 perk and then get it for free? Or hell, do the entire discount chain down for a 400 perk?
>>
File: freeform RP.gif (1023KB, 297x168px) Image search: [Google]
freeform RP.gif
1023KB, 297x168px
>>51441138
>inb4 you were too slow
>>
>>51438386
Cheap drawback where this "Jaden" kid keeps summoning you and making you stand around and punch things?
>>
>>51441409
>Jaden

...Will Smith's kid?
>>
>>51441415
Think he means the protag of YGO GX.
>>
File: Also Sprach Jaden.jpg (51KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
Also Sprach Jaden.jpg
51KB, 600x516px
>>51441447
Good.
>>
>>51441138
>nothing personnel kid
>>
>>51435769

They can summon and bind the things that can create conceptual enchantments and ride beams of light, though it does require a bit of work to just jump straight to binding demigods.

The most powerful summoner is one that takes Multiple Familiars - to have four or five equally powerful soul-bonded summons that increase in power (and maintenance cost) as you do - adds a dash of Alchemy to create enchanted items just as good as any pure mage (essential to building up enough reserves to support powerful summons), learns enough Occult to make a Sanctum that massively boosts their power regeneration and adds various other perks, and learns Invocations that can stand up against the most powerful things statted up in the game.

With the added bonus that the jump gives you the ability to ignore your side of a Pact. Which is a pretty big deal, as that lets you take incompatible summons and ignore conditions like "has never failed" or "must have failed at everything".
>>
File: Garlock Smirk.png (127KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Smirk.png
127KB, 500x281px
>>51441744
>ride beams of light

...is this more like a Silver Surfer thing, or do you wrangle that filly with a magical light saddle or what?
>>
>>51441744

The essential weaknesses of Summoners are that they're reliant on extensive preparation and research (being a Devah pays off here), and can't invest in much personal power.

They dedicate most of their resources towards sustaining their summons, and can usually only afford a couple of methods of protecting themselves.

Of course, you get excellent bodyguards and Creation magic and Sanctums are perfect for turtling, but personal access to the best magical/martial survival tools is limited.
>>
>>51441769
Characters can achieve a state called Zen for different abilities that lets them theoretically accomplish anything in its purview if their roll works. The one for Riding can let you physically ride on photons.
>>
>>51441769

No idea! It's just an example of Zen level skill in the rulebook, but I don't think it ever comes up again.

I think it was for the Balance skill (Anima has a problem of too many pointlessly niche skills), so presumably you could run across a laser beam as though it was solid, and jump from missile to missile to punch the floating Magitek Borg cruiser in the face (something that exists in the setting).
>>
>>51441805
What's Zen level for speed? Are you just conceptually or arbitrarily fast at that point?
>>
>>51441825

Move is determined by your Agility and Atheletics and a few other things - getting it to 20 lets you be arbitrarily fast. Same deal for Strength and how much you can lift.
>>
>>51441850
Where are you getting all this arbitrary no limits stuff? It seems to have just a bonus of +45 when you're at 20. That doesn't seem infinite or arbitrary to me.
>>
>>51441871

Page 54:

>"Entities that travel using Movement Value 20 can travel any distance they wish in a single Combat Turn"

>"A creature with a Weight Index of 20 is capable of lifting absolutely any mass, as long as he is standing on something that won’t give way first."
>>
>>51441882
Oh, that makes sense for Strength and Speed. I was looking at the first bit where examples are given for primary statistics in general. Sorry for mixing that up.
>>
>>51441882
Man, stuff like exalted and anime really is ridiculous. And to think that people wanted to restrict Ajin immortality as a post-spark reward above.
>>
>>51441882
Probably fair to note if you're mixing stuff up, having a Speed/Agility/Movement Value of 20 only does that in regards to travel speed, you're moving a lot slower in regards combat. Still crazy boosts but you're not hitting someone an infinite amount of times. You can move from enemy to enemy that fast and all though.
>>
>>51441904
Naruto has a jutsu that lets you pour two cups of tea at once. How about that?
>>
>>51441914
Whoops, meant >>51441914 for >>51441897

>>51441904
This isn't exactly offered for CP anon.
>>
>>51441919
Yeah, but like everything good in that setting, it requires you to be either a Uchiha or a jinchuriki.
>>
File: 1328586221655.jpg (2MB, 800x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1328586221655.jpg
2MB, 800x1130px
>>51441904
There are much better forms of physical immortality that Ajin's. Basically any good regen factor will cover for that. Dead Apostle is still better if you want an instant regeneration.

Also, Apostle (GATE) is the best form of physical immortality right now. But without a good regen factor you might end up being just a head.

>>51440800
It's this your cousin?
>>
File: Garlock Awakens.jpg (20KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Awakens.jpg
20KB, 704x396px
>>51441992
What IS that, and what does it have to do with springtime? Because that bottom character means "spring".

>>51441931
>everything cool

Hey, I'll have you know I like my blood-chains, bonemancy, weaponised origami and mantis shrimp contract just fine without being a bipolar manchild or having an angry spirit animal.
>>
>>51442038
Remember that time when you started hitting the gym and your mom told you not to get into steroids?

Well, that's what happens you you become the steroids.
>>
>>51442038
Oh, sorry, you're right. I forgot the Uzumaki. The blood-chains and weaponized origami are them.
>>
>>51442038
>or having an angry spirit animal.
What's wrong with that?
>>
File: Overjoyed banchô-Anon.jpg (72KB, 921x682px) Image search: [Google]
Overjoyed banchô-Anon.jpg
72KB, 921x682px
>>51441992
that's a good oneand a pretty cool picture. Thanks Anonymous
>>
>>51442059
Has anyone ever considered that the reason they're angry all the time has nothing to do with humanity's evil or any of that nonsense, but just because having multiple tails has left them with horrible chiropractic problems? Their spines split into multiple separate strands, that can't be comfortable. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Tailed Beasts that are the most chill are the ones that are invertebrates. Saiken, Choumei and Gyuki (Six-, Seven- and Eight-Tails) don't have bones in their tails, and that's probably responsible for them being so much calmer than their siblings.
>>
What kind of waifus does the infinite stratos jump have?
>>
>>51442098
Consider that all girls are attracted to the MC, and that the MC is a dumbass of the highest order. Which means there are no good waifus.
>>
File: JC4.jpg (58KB, 650x482px) Image search: [Google]
JC4.jpg
58KB, 650x482px
>>51442084
That definitely makes sense. Doesn't help they keep trying to chain down the most famous one without proper chiropractor training.

Besides, have you ever tried being a berserk invertebrate? You look RIDICULOUS. The first time I tried to go berserk in battle after Fate, everyone told me I berserked in the wrong direction because they couldn't tell which end of me was the right one.
>>
>>51442084
Your theory kinda falls apart when you consider the only legitimately psychopathic one is the one with one tail, though.
>>
>>51442134
>after Fate
... Do I want to know?
>>
>>51442157
Presumably he became the proud owner of his own worm farm.
>>
>>51435072
Lewdest chain I ever did. It's kinda fun. Lots of ethical concerns that I'll have to face eventually tho.
>>
>>51442134
> Besides, have you ever tried being a berserk invertebrate?
I dunno, giant squids can be pretty fucking terrifying. They tell stories about the Kraken.
>>
>>51442143
Exactly. He's genuinely psychotic. That's clearly on him. But the other Tailed Beasts are just extremely irritable. That sounds like a back problem, to me.
>>
>>51442197
>giant squids can be pretty fucking terrifying
You say that, yet people love giant waifus and Asari waifus.
>>
>>51442098
Some alright ones, but it's a harem series. They're all looking to ride Ichika's dick. Now, maybe having another male IS pilot around would change that, but I wouldn't count on it.
>>
>>51442210
The difference there is tits, anon.
Tits have a calming presence.
>>
>>51442225
Legit answer, anon. Ten points to house Bodacious.
>>
File: JC5.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JC5.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>51442169
>>51442157
So you know how really good mages can briefly substitute body parts as artificial magic circuits, and Age of Gods-era mages can straight turn people INTO Mystic Codes?

Well I thought-wouldn't it be a great idea to turn MYSELF into a bigass mystic code? I had an NP that buffed my magic, I had a metric shitton (read: EX) of mana and I was to Medea what Lorelei was to the average magus.

Oh, and access to the Third and First Magics.

So at the end of the war while nobody was looking, I gathered up all the proper reagents, put into place all the Lesser Grails I'd nicked from the alternate Grail Wars I kept being sent to, hijacked the Fuyuki City Greater Grail's seals and dumped myself into it while casting the Third for dear life in an attempt to undergo Heaven's Fall.

It...kinda worked. The trouble is, that day I also learned what my Origin for the jump was:

Mollusk.

Oh, and the sheer shock of moving beyond humanity so fast kickstarted my Reality Marble too. Which made me...molluskier.

The point being-I went in there looking roughly man-shaped, and dripped out looking like a pile of glowing giant seafood. It was like Nvrnsqr's deal, more squids and octopi and cuttlefish and nautili than dogs. At that point my body was mostly artificial prana circuits and command seals. I forgot about things like eyes or fingers in the rush, but I definitely had a surplus of tentacles.

Which was /awkward/ because Pirates of the Caribbean came right after, and people kept mistaking me for the Kraken from a distance.

>>51442197
Picture one flailing about on land, though. Without any Junji Ito creepy landshark legs.
>>
>>51442272
Honestly, what kind of person would have have to be that your origin is mollusk? Actually, don't answer. Considering what your jumper became along the line it kinda fits.
>>
>>51442294
To be fair whathisface the final bad guy of KnK had consumption as his origin, and he was a perfectly normal stalker before Araya magically fiddled around with it.
>>
>>51442206
>>51442143
And the ten tails. Also wasnt the one tail less psychotic and more just vaguely angry because he used to be a person somebody buried alive?
>>
>>51442356
That was a hold over from early in the series when the idea of "Tailed Beasts" wasn't really a thing and there wasn't a unifying origin for the demons sealed inside jinchuriki. Back then the only connection between the Nine-Tails and Shukaku was the tanuki/kitsune thing. That's why Shukaku is so different from the other Tailed Beasts, he wasn't designed to be of the same sort as the Nine-Tails. Him being the angry ghost of a murdered monk has been retconned into that monk being his first host.
>>
>>51442252
>Ten points to house Bodacious
>House Bodacious is a known secret among Hogwarts alumni
>Started by a younger, pervier Sorting Hat, House Bodacious was a female only house
>It was assumed that the Hat was sorting girls who would benefit from a same-sex environment
>Instead, the Hat was looking at the girls genes rather than their character
>Only those with an overabundance of particular traits were allowed into the house
>Unlike other houses that had particular riddles or challenges before admitting the students, the door to Bodacious was quite simple
>Either you were Bodacious or you weren't, and only those who were truly Bodacious could enter
>Those who were not Bodacious or who were faking Bodacity were mocked savagely by the door and denied entrance
>This went on for whole generations of students, but eventually Dumbledore grew wise to the hat
>The final straw was when he researched the common muggle name for the house animal, the Parus major
>Shortly after that Dumbledore closed the house and personally reassigned the members of the house to more appropriate houses
>A good number of the Bodacious luminaries were sorted into Gryffidor, but the other houses received their share as well
>The Bodacious emigrants did well in their new houses
>One even went on to become a celebrated instructor and Head of House.
>As for the Hat?
>He accepted his new directive with a certain smugness.
>His actions, for a time, had made magic all that more Bodacious and that was enough for him.
>>
>>51442356
Kubo's a pretty severe case of making shit up as he goes along. You can see the plot alterations rather clearly, whereas most authors try to be at least a little more subtle about it.
>>
>>51442426
Kishimoto, not Kubo. Kubo's the guy who did Bleach.
>>
>>51442430
You know, I actually want to thank you for correcting me, anon, but at the same time I can't help but think my statement stands pretty well on its own just the same.
>>
>>51442426
I dunno, can you? Aside from the obvious Kaguya one, I can't really think of many. That whole 9 bijuu not being related until later isn't that big a deal, since that came into play in the arc directly after the chunin exams, when the Akatsuki showed up.
>>
File: 1484974176787.jpg (13KB, 210x341px) Image search: [Google]
1484974176787.jpg
13KB, 210x341px
>>51442424
Thread posts: 450
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.