[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out with Pathfinder character creation, please. I am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Warrior.jpg (428KB, 1280x573px) Image search: [Google]
Warrior.jpg
428KB, 1280x573px
Help me out with Pathfinder character creation, please. I am quite new to the system.

In a one-off adventure, our party of 4 is supposed to find a way to disable/eliminate a demon who is protecting, supposedly through blood sacrifice of past ruler, an elven kingdom. A rich one too. Our king is riding with his army based on a prophecy that within one specific week, the demon will not act against attacking armies. However, he ain't stupid, and sent us in to cripple this defence-demon if possible.

I will post the rules for our game below. What I'm looking for is a straight-guy warrior character, maybe someone who can pull some KGB tier elimination shit out of his pocket. I sense that this will not be a simple fight-through adventure, as the demon supposedly destroyed whole armies attacking the elven city.
>>
>>51428775
Rules are as follows:

- only Pathfinder basic book can be used
- level 8 characters
- 20 points buy for attributes, high fantasy powerlevel (as in pathfinder book p16)
- racial bonuses and level 4-8 attribute scores add on top of base scores, post-buying them
- raising Int and con provides bonuses retroactively
- Intelligence levels below 10 will mean the character cannot read/write. That means no use of scrolls either
- classic DnD languages can be chosen
- The characters don't know shit about the place they are going to, so no knowledge local for them
- max hp according to the below rules, meaning beyond the first level,
d6 = 4
d8 = 6
d10 = 8
d12 = 10

Gear:
2 items of choice from the following:

+1 weeapon
+2 shield
+1 shadow armour (+5 stealth), or light/medium armour
+1 mithril shirt
one nin magical elven chain
+1 armour, even full plate
ring of prot +1
bracers of armour +2
ring of climbing
ring of jumping
ring of swimming
metamagic rod, lesser silent
metamagic rod, lesser extend
metamagic rod, lesser enlarge
pearl of power, 2nd level
wand, 2nd level tops, gotta be able to use it
magic scrolls, top 3rd level spells, tops 4k gold in market price (page 491)
>>
>>51428899
Beyond this, we get to chose twice from the followings, even multiple times:

potion of bull's str x2
potion of cat's grace x2
potion of cure light wounds 5x
potion of cure serious wounds x2
potion of restoration x1
masterwork instrument or toolkit

If the character has item creation feat, it can create an item of 2500 gold market value, but has to be able to make it. Every other item creation feat pushes this gold limit by +1000 .

Beyond this, we have 1500 gold to spend on weapons, armours, other gear. Whatever remains is ours to spend. We also get one horse each.
>>
>>51428899
>Core Rulebook Only
Pathfinder is not the game for this. If you want to play a competent Core Only martial you have to play a Barbarian.
>>
>>51429282
Do you have any recommendations for Barbarian then?
>>
>>51428775
>Core Only
The only decent martial is self-buffing Cleric. Go with that.
>>
>>51429435
Could you help with that? I am not well acquainted with spells and the system in general.

Game is tomorrow.
>>
>>51429435
>>51429479
I mean I have no idea on what spells would be good here.
>>
>>51429435
What about Druid?
>>
>>51428775
>>51428899
>>51428964

Is your GM new or incompetent? Aside from the idiotic core-only rule, his item restrictions will leave you seriously undergeared for what level 8 characters are expected to combat.

Anyway, Barbarian is a good choice if you want to do melee. Cleric is stronger if you get time to buff before encounters, but seeing as your GM is most likely new, you're probably gonna get jumped by things a lot. A Paladin could also work, since you're fighting demons. Rangers are also good if you don't like the other choices.
>>
>>51429531
Alright, first. You are going to just be bashing things in the face, so you're dumping Charisma since your PB is low.
Go 16+2+2 (Race and levelup) STR, 12 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 14 WIS 7 CHA
Go CG follower of Gorum, get the +1 Greatsword and the pearl of power. Take Bull Strength potions, and a +1 chain shirt from the 1500 gold. Your DM is fucking you over with that gear availability, but that's about the best you can take.
Next is Domains: Strength has shitty powers but nets you decent spells, and Destruction has good stuff in it. For now, all your domain spells should be from the Strength domain, as they are the good buff ones. Now lemme browse the core-only spells (A good while since I don't have a myriad of splats to build from, so let me check the stuff again) so I can keep explaining.
>>51429574
Druid can't really replicate the warrior-man as much as cleric can desu.
>>
>>51429531
>>51429822
Next is feats. This is Core, so it seems the selection is really shitty. Also, actually screw taking a +1 armor, just grab mwk and another 1st level pearl of power.
We taking Improved Initiative (1), Extend Spell (Human), Power Attack (3), Craft Magic Arms and Armor (5), Craft Wondrous Item (7). With the 4500 gp, craft yourself a Headband of Inspired Wisdom +2 (Be sure to max out Spellcraft alongside Acrobatics and Perception).
For Spells
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, and one depending on what you'll need for the day
1st: Divine Favor x2, Entropic Shield, Shield of Faith, and a flexible slot depending on what you may need for the day
2nd: Extended Bless, Bull's Strength, Extended Divine Favor, and once more flexible
3rd: Dispel Magic, Extended Align Weapon then other utility
4th: Greater Magic Weapon (Just an effective +1 to attack and damage right now, but it lasts 8 hours so you basically have it for the whole day)
And remember the mantra: NO USING CURE SPELLS IF NOT WITH A WAND OR SCROLL UNLESS SOMEONE IS BELOW 0 HP.
Just buff and smack shit up.
>>
>>51429282
>Being this autistic

How do you even function from day to day? Just fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>51430183
Cleric cant take power attack at level 1
>>
>>51432819
woops never mind I just misread that
>>
>>51428964
If you want a tank type fighter, the cleric options anon mentioned are the way to go. If you want the devil of the battlefield fighter, go full cleric but with travel and trickery domains. At 8th level you can teleport as a move action, hide yourself and allies, move faster than most, even in heavy armor, and unload some unusual spells. You won't do the most damage, but you will do constant harm and improve your allies' damage to boot.
>>
>>51429822
>druid
>chain shirt
>>
File: paladin1.jpg (47KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
paladin1.jpg
47KB, 736x736px
>>51428775
Son, if you're fighting demons, you best be rollin' a paladin.

On that note, the +1 weapon and +1 mithril chain shirt are a good start.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.