[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 61

File: PATTERNS!!.jpg (88KB, 540x416px) Image search: [Google]
PATTERNS!!.jpg
88KB, 540x416px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Masterwork Clothes Edition

How is your character stylin, /pfg/? Outfits costing less than 300 gold need not apply.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit

Old Thread: >>51361014
>>
1st for how to pick a character name
>>
>>51367286
God damn my hands hurt looking at that drawing.
>>
>>51367286

What's the source on that image?
>>
File: ro_f024_023.jpg (395KB, 862x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ro_f024_023.jpg
395KB, 862x1200px
>>51367340

let me help you with that
>>
>>51367376

Otoyomegatari by Mori Kaoru
>>
File: brides-story-interior.png (698KB, 1686x1200px) Image search: [Google]
brides-story-interior.png
698KB, 1686x1200px
>>51367376

Otoyomegatari, Or A Bride's Story
Its a mangu set in old Turkey, About a woman who travels to meet her new husband only to find out he's 8 years younger than her.
>>
File: otoyomegatari.jpg (761KB, 1456x1071px) Image search: [Google]
otoyomegatari.jpg
761KB, 1456x1071px
>>51367308
Look up Gary Gygax'sExtraordinary Book of Names

>>51367340
Embrace the Embroidery anon

>>51367376
Not OP, but its a super comfy slice of life manga called Otoyomegatari, or "Young Bride's Story", that takes place in Kazakhstan during the early 1800s.

The OP image is from the very beginning scene when the main character is unveiled to her new husband
>>
File: 2389014098_0541c4ae60.jpg (78KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
2389014098_0541c4ae60.jpg
78KB, 500x333px
So! How was your weekend, /pfg/? Do anything fun or exciting, game-related or otherwise?
>>
>>51367286
Is there an appropriate "density" of combat encounters in a dungeon, you think? Assuming that a particular dungeon is more than just a series of boxes for a series of fights (which IMO is a shitty dungeon) and is a set piece that has a role in the story, minor or major... Each room in a dungeon should have a purpose I feel, which can be to host a fight with enemies but it can also be to hold information or items for PCs, to facilitate the dungeon's in-setting purpose, or for the inhabitants of the dungeon to use for something. Not all chambers in a dungeon need enemies or traps because of those various options, but at some point wandering through an endless sprawling complex devoid of encounters gets stale. When is that point, or in other words, "How much empty space is too much empty space"?
>>
>>51367413
>>51367417

Hey~ fellow readers!
>>
>>51367424
I ran the first Pathfinder session for my group in a while, after a six week hiatus.

Everyone had fun, but the session was poorly designed so I can't call it a real success. I need to shake the rust off and get back in gear.
>>
>>51367449
>>51367417
>>51367413
>>51367402
>>51367386

Thanks!
>>
don't worry /tg/

she also draws weapons.
>>
>>51367469

Uh.. sorry if this is retarded but actually..where do I get manga these days? It's been a while. Sorry if this is a retarded question.
>>
>>51367424
Ran mass combat rules.

It's a tad bit clunky, but I feel like there's something you can use there if you set it up correctly.
>>
>>51367480

no worries, its not retarded.

http://mangahere.co/
>>
File: laughing witch.gif (497KB, 500x215px) Image search: [Google]
laughing witch.gif
497KB, 500x215px
>>51367286
>implying my characters have the motive or the means to engage in bourgeois pastimes such as wearing 300+gp outfits on a regular basis for their own sake

You are funny gold man.
>>
>>51367286
His noble outfit and parade armor are so dirt-encrusted he looks more peasant than the average peasant.

He only recently found out he was supposed to actually wear that bling with it or it's useless. He's still not sure if he's just being lied to about that; he's only seen people wear that stuff at the fanciest party he's ever been to.
>>
File: Kaoru_Mori_suffering.jpg (82KB, 671x535px) Image search: [Google]
Kaoru_Mori_suffering.jpg
82KB, 671x535px
>>51367340
The pain is real.
>>
>>51367286
>style
>outfits

So... you want a list of my character's magic gear?
>>
OKAY FOLKS I HAVE A GREAT IDEA

A REALLY LONG TIME AGO an ancient human empire existed BUT UNFORTUNATELY A REALLY BAD THING HAPPENED AND IT KILLED EVERYONE

but BEFORE THIS BAD THING HAPPENED a couple of rich people, a few nobles, and the King got together and decided, "screw this bro we're out" and opened a portal to a n o t h e r d I m e n s I o n, taking all their material possessions, assets, and such with them before the BAD THING fucked everything up.

While there, they meet this REAL FRIENDLY FELLOW who claims to be a POWERFUL MAGICIAN who can help them adapt to the environment of this n e w d I m e n s I o n which isn't really friendly to humans, in exchange for laying claim on a portion of their souls after they die. The nobles agree to this deal, and settle in this land with no sun.

About ten-twenty-thousand years later, the human empire has been rebuilt in this dimension- though they've lost the records of the BAD THING that occurred that originally drove them there because of civil war (creating a few more empires), splintering, and general age. A new group of magicians have gotten together and decided to try and rediscover how they got to come to this place, because they know they didn't originally live here, and they're looking to go back to their roots!

That's where the party comes in. Originally a bunch of criminals convicted to Death Row, they get a new lease on life so that they can explore the other side of this portal and return back with information!

Here's a couple notes:
>Everyone is playing tieflings, with alternate heritages being okie dokie kosher (except the Qlippoth-spawn maybe they're groooooossss)
>Everyone is gestalt, but it's Vigilante on one side and any non-full caster on the other side.
>Psionics and Path of War allowed. Vancian spellcasters are limited to the Occult spellcasters (to emphasize their weirdness) and the Alchemy-using classes.
>Level 3 start
>25 pb

Is this a good idea? Would /pfg/ play in this?
>>
>>51367556
Is N. Jolly stuff allowed?
>>
>>51367580
>>51367556
Yes. I forgot to mention that. N. JOLLY CONTENT IS KOSHER
>>
>>51367556
>any non-full caster on the other side.
Would this also mean any non-full manifester aka no Psion?

Sounds neat though.
>>
>>51367593
Psion, Wilder, Vitalist, and Tactician are kosher so long as the cheese that results in them skyrocketing to like tier 1 is kept to a minimum.
>>
>>51367556
maybe if you could repost this without the HAHAH WACKY FUN BUT ALSO DARK DUDEBRO filter
>>
Last thread someone said there was a tengu witch. Is that correct? I cannot seem to find it.
>>
File: 24-25.jpg (2MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
24-25.jpg
2MB, 5026x3263px
>>51367715
>>
File: Amir.jpg (168KB, 1000x739px) Image search: [Google]
Amir.jpg
168KB, 1000x739px
>>51367548
>even in sketch the character is detailed
>artist self-insert is literal stick figure
that woman has issues of the self esteem kind
>>
>>51367665

A really long time ago there was this empire of humans. Some bad stuff happened and it all blew up (because of reasons). Before then a couple of rich people got together and said, "bro, let's get out of here" and they all up and left and went to another plane. There they met a powerful fellow in a cloak who claimed he could help them out because this other plane was really not a nice place to live. He wanted a bit of their soul when they died because (reasons that i'm not gonna spoil) he makes good deals, and the nobles accepted this. Fast forward ten-or-twenty-thousand years and there's a new human empire and a bunch of magic scientists have decided they want to go back and see what happened to their ancestral homeland. The party is composed of death row inmates/life-sentence prisoners who have appealed to the court and are going to be given a lesser sentence if they survive the trip there and back.

The parameters for character creation are thus:

>Tieflings, with alternative heritages allowed
>Twenty-five point buy to generate ability score attributes
>Gestalt, except that one class must be vigilante
>Path of War and Psionics are allowed
>Vancian magic removed apart from Occult casters and alchemy-users.
>>
File: 26-27.jpg (1MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
26-27.jpg
1MB, 5026x3263px
>>51367751
And part 2
>>
>>51367751
>>51367771
Oooo~ I gotta do that.
>>
>>51367754

most artists in cultures that don't place too much value on creative expression do.
>>
File: 4eb55ef5fab3efe06673d40c6b153793.jpg (700KB, 1280x1808px) Image search: [Google]
4eb55ef5fab3efe06673d40c6b153793.jpg
700KB, 1280x1808px
>>51367286
Where the lewd games at?
>>
>>51367852
NO

DO NOT
>>
So I want to talk a little bit more about the planned structure of The Revolution at Corkheel Square.

As I was talking about the previous thread how the revolution works is there are 9 factions within the revolution that contest one another for power. Each one of them has a predominant alignment. As the players complete events both what events they choose to do and how they complete them affect how powerful each of the factions are and the revolution as a whole. As well as there is a possibility of shifting some faction's alignments, drastically changing their overall demeanor and the revolution.

This is not exposed to the players, but to the GM, the GM tracks the following scores:
>Faction Strength (number for each faction)
>Revolution Alignment (derived from faction strength)
>Revolution Morale, Influence, and Strength

Each day, depending on these statistics, different events will trigger.

Here is an example event:
>Name
The Battle of Blue Harbor
>Description
The Canker Fleet have finally amassed the resources to launch an attack on The Blue Harbor.
>Requirements
Lawful Aligned Revolution, The Canker Fleet: 7, Strength: 5, Basalt Tower Blueprints

We see how an example of different requirements. The first being the Revolution's alignment, the second being a particular faction's influence, the third a revolution stat, and the final a unique item that the characters could have gotten on a previous mission.

Now we'll separate events by their types:
>time dependent events
can occur anywhere between some date markers
>one day events
only can be triggered one day under certain conditions
>time independent events
can happen any time under the right conditions
>static events
always occur
>random events
have a chance of occurring on a day that no events are qualified for

The goal of this is to create an AP that changes drastically each time you play it. Depending on what faction one supports one may see any number of events.

Thoughts?
>>
>>51367852

Don't advertise them: Otherwise the unwashed masses will start applying.
>>
>>51367852
>>>/soc/erpg there
>>
>>51367515

Thank you
>>
>>51367870

Have you ever read Scenic Dunnsmouth?
>>
>>51367870
To speak to why I chose to represent the different factions by alignments it is largely due to ease of running. Originally I considered political ideologies. However that is much harder to write for and to give a concrete system for while the GM runs the game. Alignments were chosen because of the ease of system creation.

Next the time scale. At the moment each book is planned to cover a 6 week period, so that over the course of 6 books it takes the players through the better part of a year. I have considered expanding it for two months so that the AP ends on the first anniversary of the revolution.

Finally I would like to ask if there is anything glaring here that people very much do not like? Or any sort of changes they would like to see.
>>
>>51367759
are you using this "and then this thing happened for some reason" type of dialog because you haven't actually thought up what it is yet?

not saying its bad if you don't have it all worked out yet but i'm curious
>>
>>51367894
>Scenic Dunnsmouth
No I have not. Should i give it a look for ideas?
>>
>>51367890

welcome!
>>
File: 1478580232708.jpg (1MB, 3500x2300px) Image search: [Google]
1478580232708.jpg
1MB, 3500x2300px
Is it bad to ask for advice on homebrewing here?
I've been working on a merchant class for a while now, been dry on ideas for a while and just tweaking whats already there. Was kinda going for a pet class with some special perks from their profession's guild.

Link for those interested.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BA7rjS6WBGeY9TXQ7ULu7HNrLGdj-9dlCNflooXy41s/edit?usp=sharing
>>
is there any way to build and play a blind character that is still relevant/competent in combat
>>
File: mjp2teaser.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mjp2teaser.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
>>51367754
>I tried to think about what kind of female I wanted to see
>naive but wise
>older but young
>strong but spoiled
>oh and she's good with a bow

Well... You have to respect anyone willing to put their work out there, I guess. And the clothes do look nice.
>>
>>51367977
If you're willing to only be semi-blind the Clouded Vision cursed oracle does exactly this.
>>
>>51367958
There is a Merchant archetype for Henchlings in Gonzo 2.
>>
>>51367879
>
youcheck /soc/ thread from link
>see setting idea linked in /trash/ of all places
>>>/trash/7371337#
>So I've had this idea kicking around for a setting and game rules to play an erotic campaign using a modified Pathfinder system. I tried discussing this in the /ERP/ thread but it doesn't seem to be a good place for discussion, so I thought I'd put it up here and see what happens.
>Fair warning, the setting and premise focuses heavily on genital modification, enhancement, removal, damage and rape, don't say I didn't warn you.
well then
you were not wrong
>>
>>51367918
Mostly because I haven't got it all worked out just yet, BUT when I do it would be massive spoilers for a potential campaign, which is why I'm saying "yeah it's a bad thing that's all I can tell you" because I don't want to reveal it.
>>
>>51367924

It's just interesting, because every time the adventure is run it's different
>>
>>51367992
Well thats great but its not a full class, nor what I'm going for with this.
>>
>>51367977
Master of Many Styles Monk with the Blinded Blade Style feat tree? Gets you 30ft. Blindsight with the final feat.
>>
HVGM here.

I'll be honest, I haven't done 5 minutes of prep all week. I will be up all night making sure tomorrow's session is prepped.

So hyped tho.
>>
>>51367759

Why only tieflings and why make everyone also have levels in vigilante
>>
>>51368238
>why only tieflings
Did you not ready the history he just provided?

No idea about the vigilante stuff, maybe he just really likes. I always have to remind myself that people mean vigilante the class, not the Stalker vigilante archetype. That wasn't the smartest thing DSP has done.
>>
>>51368238
One: Because Tieflings mang. I haven't been really subtle about this but basically all these nobles made a deal with a Certain Red Devil to escape annihilation.

Two: I want to run a Vigilante game, and some of the Vigilante's disguise and social abilities will definitely come in handy in the game. However I also want it to be face-busty as well which is why I'm stipulating that it be a gestalt game.

Three: Vigilante gestalt is something I just really want to run.
>>
>>51368191
Which HV?

Because I... well, this next session I need to sort of wing it because the Lamashtan raped the priestess who was supposed to give a sermon, and now they've been deputized by the sheriff to hunt down the Tiefling who did it.
>>
>>51368035
Huh. That's my ERP setting thread there, I was actually just coming here to see if anybody wanted to contribute or help brainstorm.

I understand it's really, really not everyone's cup of tea but I thought I'd ask, didn't expect it to have already been mentioned and linked.

But yes, a world where adventurers in revealing outfits go on sexually charged adventures where the consequence of losing a bad fight isn't dying, but the potential of your character being emasculated.

Also mind you I was talking about the /ERP/ thread on /trash/ which seems to be people actually roleplaying rather than discussing roleplaying, so I figured what the hell and just make my own thread.
>>
File: Thug.jpg (338KB, 583x798px) Image search: [Google]
Thug.jpg
338KB, 583x798px
>>51368321
Wasn't me.
>>
>>51368321
edgy

I would be pretty disappointed if that was done. That said, lets not reveal anything we don't need to.
>>
>>51368298
Well I think you're an absolute madman, because gestalt is annoying enough to track and stacking a viligante on top of it WITH path of war is going to be a nightmare
>>
>>51367977
Oracle?
>>
>>51368191
Fellow GM here, what you should do something that your future self will thank you for, is get all the tokens ready for what you think the next few sessions are, grab the maps, slap 'em on the map layer, generally get shit ready.

When you come back to do a session, open up roll20 and "Oh shit, I already did that." You'll feel great. Takes like 2 or 3 hours (with breaks) to do.
>>
>>51368393
I'm waiting to be a bit more sober before starting.
>>
>>51368352
Vigilante isn't THAT annoying. It's less a pain to track than a Medium is.
>>
How many classes are there in Pathfinder?
>>
Is there a better support Mystery for Oracles other than Life?
>>
>>51368405
No worries my dude, I just suggested something more like a weekend project.
>>
>>51368415
Just Paizo? 11 core classes, 9 base classes, 3 alternate classes, 10 hybrid classes, 6 occult classes, 4 unchained classes.
>>
>>51368415
Like, 5 or something.
>>
>>51368443
So how big a clusterfuck would a 35-stalt game be?
>>
>>51368488
Extremely.
>>
>>51368488
Just tracking all the class features would be in a nightmare. Starting the game as 20 times of spell casters would mean never running out of spells.
>>
File: why.jpg (11KB, 180x312px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
11KB, 180x312px
>>51368488
>35-stalt
>>
>>51368488
Two free 18s, and double classes? Sounds like you can take on CR 20 monsters at level 2-3.
>>
>>51368531
Nah, you suffer the unfortunate condition of having only 2-3 HD. Being near a Great Wyrm kills you just from flame aura.
>>
Building a dungeon here, need an answer from some knowledgeable anon.

In a large castle, fortress, cathedral, or similar structure that has multiple floors, how would the halls be arranged across the floors, relative to each other? Should Floor Two's hallways be directly about Floor One's hallways, or should the halls specifically be placed so they aren't vertically aligned, or does it not matter?
>>
>>51368562
You've got 35 classes and no energy resistance?
>>
>>51368562

I was gonna say, a good cloudkill would wreck everyone
>>
>>51367548
Where can one find these? I've never seen these pages scanned on any of the sites with scans of the books.
>>
>>51368325
Make a new thread, please.

There are worse things we have discussed.
>>
>>51368601
Even then. The dragon just full attacks you.
>>
any advice for a GM who would like to run a gestalt E6, fairly lethal but story driven game?
>>
>>51368601
A level 1 Gestalt is still only level 1 no matter how many classes you slap on it.
>>
cornugon smash + signature skill (intimidate) best day of my fucking life
>>
>>51368601
The dragon casts Greater Shout.

I mean, yeah you're strong but only having a few hit dice is suffering.
>>
>>51368622
Why not come join the /trash/ thread? That's where all the discussion has happened.

I'm not sure it would work if I tried to manage two threads at once and I'd rather not get banned if a particularly prudish janitor wanders by.
>>
>>51368669
DM allows 3.5 Knowledge Devotion + Studied Target best day of my life.
>>
File: 1369365996748.jpg (111KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1369365996748.jpg
111KB, 1058x705px
>>51368515
So would you consider that the main hurdle to be accounted for, then? Keeping track of so many classes for each PC? 35-stalt would be enough that every PC must take levels in each non-alt, non-unchained class. Would you suggest some sort of class table for each PC, listing every class feature gained at each level on a long line, or some kind of matrix-index with overall level one side and the different classes on the other, where you fill in your choices for each class at each level at the point of overlap? Or some other system?

>>51368518
Pic related.
>>
No one going to talk about color spray vs a low level gestalt adventurer?
>>
>>51368722
Honestly it just sounds unfun.
>>
>>51368631
>>51368647
Sure.
>>51368673
Now that's just silly. At level 2 you can have rogue and get evasion to negate all that damage. Yes, we can do this back and forth all day, and you probably can't beat a Great Wyrm Dragon at level 2, but you're going to have to put more thought into this.
>>
>>51368415
>>51368443
Add in 3rd party materials and the list basically gains a zero at the end.
>>
>>51368752
Even at low levels you're going to have an obnoxiously good will save. Even with just 2stalt you can get silly saves early on.

>>51368787
Remember, 3.5 had around 8-900 1st party PrCs.
>>
Tell me about your D&D Military Companies /pfg/
>>
>>51368879
The Sons of the Vulture are a mercenary cult. They worship a pair of mother gods, one of blood and one of gold, both of which they tithe after battle. Rank is conveyed by a series of gold coins and rubies worn on the lapels of officers, and the leader wears a headdress of vulture feathers. The big scavengers are used by the company scouts as well. The most important facet of their culture is that upon death a Son is excarnated, left out to be feasted upon by vultures and other carrion birds.
>>
File: NzlSiu0.gif (1MB, 350x298px) Image search: [Google]
NzlSiu0.gif
1MB, 350x298px
Did 2hu just kill the Katapesh game?
>>
>>51369021
The DM had external obligations, and fuck off witchhunter.
>>
>>51369021
Just go confess already, stalker boy.
>>
>>51369044
>>51369071
It's a little too convenient that the GM quits right after 2hu's autism.
>>
File: character name.jpg (45KB, 389x263px) Image search: [Google]
character name.jpg
45KB, 389x263px
>>51367308
>>
>>51369110
It's a little too convenient that you keep getting deleted off roll20 threads.
>>
>>51368879

The Watch is the collective term for the city defenders of my cityfu. It consists of four groups

>Wallmongers
They maintain and defend the wall, do patrols for bandits in the area, and are in charge of all the gates in and out including the port. They rock some of the best gear available, from heavy armor, quality spears and swords and siege weaponry.

>Watchmen
City guard. They patrol in groups of 4 around the city and never less that 2 at a time. They are armed with mancatchers and clubs. There are posts around the city that act as reinforcement centers.

>Capital Guards
They act as specialized troops. Mostly body guards but they also defend areas of vital importance around the city, like armory caches, food storage and water. Usually heavy armed with halberds and never less than 8.

>The Greys
This is mostly investigators and spies. They officially act as detectives for crimes. Unofficially they root out corruption, spies and other malfeasance.
>>
>>51367308
I like to use Behind the name's random name tool until I find one that sounds neat or has a good meaning.
>>
>>51367308

Pick a cultural analogue.

Pick a tone (Do I want this guy to sound sinister, regal, etc.)

Pick a starting letter, often based on the tone.

Finally, start looking up culturally relevant names.
>>
>>51367308
Either something culturally relevant (there are name lists for everything from Heian Japan to old Norse names out there if you look) or I steal from Hymmnos for generic fantasy.
>>
>>51369111
I know how she feels.
>>
>>51368810
You can only take 1 prestige class at a time in gestalt.
>>
File: 1454959865149.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1454959865149.gif
1MB, 540x304px
What are your favorite stances in Path of War?
>>
>>51369131
To be honest, the GM did seem to post that excuse right after somebody (don't know if 2hu) posted a thread in the LFG listing that basically rewrote a big swath of the lore to justify a build.
>>
>>51369110
It's a little too convenient that you haven't given your name or an actual account yet, cowardly faggot.
>>
>>51369579
Luckdrinker's Aura
Aura of Shared Misery
Oathbreaker's Aura

Cursed razor has some of the best stances.
>>
File: Kabuto.jpg (29KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
Kabuto.jpg
29KB, 567x567px
>>51369579
The absolute top of the line for me is God of the Hourglass.

It's got the power, it's got the sheer versatility, it's thematic...
>>
>>51369579
Iron Pikeman's Attitude is hard to hate if you want a real passive thing to have up at all times.
>>
>>51369579
Aura of Shared Misery. It's a level 3 stance, so you get it relatively early, but it scales all the way to 20 (even beyond if that's your sort of thing), and makes all your other curse shenanigans much easier. It also makes builds that throw buckets of dice (like Vital Strike) far more effective, and in fact works for any damage (meaning from other people as well) so it acts as a stellar support ability too.
>>
>>51369579

Black Seraphs Glare.

Combined with 2 damnation feats picking up soulless gaze. Maybe adding hurtful to the mix.
>>
>>51369579
Solar Hailstorm Stance.
+Int/Wis/Cha to damage depending on class and 8 attacks with Haste/Rapid Shot? Yes please.
>>
>>51369579
Stance of the Crane Knight and Razor Wings of the Black Seraph. I just love flying.
>>
>>51369627
How bad was it?
>>
>>51369579

Scarlet Einhander!
>>
>>51367870
Be honest /pfg/, would you play DHB's autistic game?
>>
>>51369668

Yes whenever he posts the roll20
>>
something

something

Im just here to post Otoyomegatari
>>
>>51369668
Depends if he tries to make it a lewd game.
>>
>>51369668
Absolutely, I'm not a retarded witch hunter after all.
>>
>>51369668
I would if I were allowed to play someone that had less grand ambitions than the other PCs, but a more complex class/build. It's fun to see how a GM reacts to something that almost, but not quite, fits in their game without actually being disruptive!
>>
File: 1377024292039.jpg (63KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1377024292039.jpg
63KB, 500x282px
>>51369684

>mfw nobody with Craft to make stuff like this in the party

I just want a fancy sword ;_;
>>
File: 1408794015581.png (579KB, 862x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1408794015581.png
579KB, 862x1200px
>>51369684
yup

for use in someone's middle east campaign.

I betcha
>>
>>51369684
Seht has Profession (Embroiderer)!
>>
>>51369643
...And it lets you move in frozen time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oURw11sSjp4
>>
>>51369701

Hire an npc, roleplay your characters reaction
>>
>>51369579
Master of the Elements or Scarlet Einhander. I motherfucking love permanent effects, and shapeshifting is my absolute favorite thing ever, which is unfortunate since pathfinder locks that shit behind x/day like it's no one's business. Scarlet Einhander is just because I am mildly aroused by someone being such a badass that motherfuckers instinctively want to back off.
>>
>>51369690
He's writing an AP, so I doubt it.

However the setting does have a freaky red light district with flesh warped prostitutes, there is even a whole faction devoted to it.

>>51369674
hopefully soon
>>
>>51369668
So what does it really have to offer:
>custom setting in giant city
>custom races
>weird revolution subsystem

Personally my biggest draw is NO KITSUNE
>>
>>51369663
It was creative, I suppose, but extensive. And shameless. First, a new tiefling subrace that was just catgirls. Lore was essentially that they were the sexiest things ever and universally desired.

Then one of the mysterious assassin guilds got turned inside out, shoehorned into being one of Path of War's martial traditions, and basically kicked what the GM had set down out of bed in favor of deciding who the local king's favorite wives were.
>>
>>51369704

TOO.

FUCKING.

LEWD!

Why can't lewdgames be lewd in this manner instead of cringy fetishes?
>>
>>51369820
Now, to be fair, the GM also said that, and I quote, "he expected the PCs to have some modicum of control over the setting and to communicate with him over adding things to the setting". Yeah, it was a dick move to do so without asking first, but the intention of "let's add stuff to the setting with GM permission" was at least said at the front.

That said, why a new tiefling subrace of catgirls? There's already Beastbrood Tieflings for all your fiendish catgirl needs.
>>
>>51369844

That's how I lewd, though.
>>
>>51369820
Neither of those seems particularly creative to me.
>>
>>51369820
What is with 2hu and animal people?
>>51369844
That's not lewd. Well I guess it is but not in the retarded /pfg/ sense.

Innuendo is fine. Type fucking people really isn't. I mean I guess in the grand scheme of cosmic evils, it's not really worth thinking about but you get what I mean.
>>
>>51369880
There's a difference between adding things and rewriting things, though, especially if it's 'btw I'm rewriting your game's history to include these super hot catgirls that everyone loves'.
>>
>>51369820
W E W
E
W
>>
Am I understanding this correctly? Level 1 avowed, Celestial Pact, take Aether Channel as my bonus shape, and both of my starter shapes, and at level 1 I get to attack twice as part of my full round attack?
>>
>>51369880
I took that as the GM suggesting "Hey I know some of you still like the old Katapesh and its lore, so feel free to add Solku or whatever back in" as opposed to "Change whatever you want as long as you send me a PM"
>>
>>51369974
You can't take the same shapes with your first two shapes, you'd have to wait until level 2 minimum.
>>
>>51369979
>>51369923
I'd at least give 2hu the benefit of the doubt in this case; until they posted it, I assumed the GM meant the exact same thing.

The info on Orator and all the other crap though, that crossed the line too much. I can't get mad for the setting information though.
Legacy GM, if you're around, you are a god when it comes to writing setting stuff so please keep doing that!
>>
>>51369989
Thanks anon.
>>
>>51370008
You assumed it was all right to shove an entire new race into the setting, overwriting a lot of shit the GM had already laid out?
>>
File: golden cloud serpent 3.jpg (125KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
golden cloud serpent 3.jpg
125KB, 500x500px
Tell me about Shabti, /pfg/. Where would you find them besides Osirion? What classes would they work well as? Are they ever not made of gold? How would most people react to seeing a gold person walk into their town?

Are they prone to thinking they ARE the person they're modeled after? What are Shabti social norms like, if they have any? Is there a way for them to get animal companions or familiars made of gold?
>>
>>51369880
>Beastbrood Tieflings
Which book were they in?
>>
>>51370034
Blood of Fiends, they're descended from Rakshasas.
>>
File: Beastbrood.png (164KB, 257x349px) Image search: [Google]
Beastbrood.png
164KB, 257x349px
>>51370034
Blood of Fiends.
>>
>>51369907
I mean if 2hu is autistic, then... well, as an autistic person I like animals because they're easy to empathize with for them on account of the body language, cat ears or whatever makes 'em easy to understand while still having a human face or whatever means they're still attractive in normal human terms.
source: am autist here also into weeby fox ears
>>
>>51370026
It'd be cool to have, like, mercury-blooded Tian shabti, I think, as a play on the terra cotta warriors.
>>
>>51370075
>>51370076
Niiiiice
>>
School: necromancy

Casting Time: 1 standard action
Components: V, S

Range: touch
Target: living creature touched
Duration: instantaneous
Saving Throw: See text; Spell Resistance: yes

With a single touch, you release a powerful burst of negative energy into the target. This energy lingers, making natural recovery difficult and complicating the task of magically healing the target's wounds. This spell deals 1d8 negative energy damage per two caster levels (maximum 10d8) to the target, who must make a fortitude save. If they fail, for a number of days equal to half your caster level (maximum 5) the target doesn't regain HP when resting (although they still regain uses of abilities that require rest to refresh and make saves to remove other effects such as diseases and negative levels as normal). In addition, anyone attempting to using a spell or supernatural ability that restores HP damage on the target of this spell (including the target themselves) during this period of time takes an amount of negative energy damage equal to the amount originally dealt to the target by this spell. A successful will save halves this damage, and regardless of whether the will save succeeds or not the magical healing purges the target's body of lingering negative energy, ending the effects of this spell. The target's spell resistance, if any, is applied when originally targeted with this spell and if the caster fails to overcome the target's spell resistance, the entire spell has no effect. If someone with spell resistance attempts to provide magical healing to someone suffering from the effects of this spell, the original caster must overcome the healer's spell resistance for the spell to damage them (but the spell's effects end regardless of success or failure).

The effects of this spell, other than the original damage, can be removed by any method that can remove a curse. The lingering effects of this spell are plainly visible to anyone using Deathwatch.

---
What spell level?
>>
File: [SAVE ME].jpg (67KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
[SAVE ME].jpg
67KB, 500x550px
I need your help, now more than ever.

What are all the ways I could get bonuses to AC while unarmored or lightly armored? It's a level 10 gestalt where one side has to be a Path of War class, so I'm limited to taking one class for this bonus.
>>
>>51370087
Why does this post make me sad.
>>
>>51370118
Important Question: Do you have access to Spheres of Power material?
>>
File: [Loud Sweating].jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
[Loud Sweating].jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>51370131
>Do you have access to Spheres of Power material?

NO!
>>
>>51370118
Dervish Defender Warder//Self Pact Avowed

Embodiment of Aether gives you STR to AC and eventually saves.
Dervish Defender gives you Int to AC
>>
>>51370118
Bracers of Armor go a long way towards replacing actual armor.
>>
>>51370152
Do you have access to the Avowed, then? Because see >>51370155 for something that could work for you.
>>
>>51370026
>Where would you find them besides Osirion?
Technically you can find them anywhere. The ones that are freed by psychopomps like to wander and find their own experiences.
>What classes would they work well as?
Any CHA based caster. Oracle, Sorc, Summoner, Mesmerist, even vigilante. You can prolly do anything really though, it is a double bonus with no negative.
>Are they ever not made of gold?
I think some are. Iirc they are just well made, not always of gold.
>How would most people react to seeing a gold person walk into their town?
Give the sandbox of golarion prolly more welcoming than a tiefling.
>Are they prone to thinking they ARE the person they're modeled after?
Yes up until they are freed.
>What are Shabti social norms like, if they have any?
Prolly structured and based on traditions, pulling from past memories and new experiences. I think they would have a lawful kick.
>Is there a way for them to get animal companions or familiars made of gold?
I think most classes would take nasoi for familiars. It even ties into their background. There is a construct familiar you could fluff as gold.
>>
>>51369880
>fiendish catgirl needs.

I never before had I knew I had such a need until now. A need which will now never be filled. Thanks a lot.
>>
>>51370118
Go dex based and wear this http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/specific-magic-armor/celestial-armor with a Steelbone Frame, bam.

Dervish Defender Warder gives INT to AC, a bunch of stances give +4AC.
>>
File: 1451424653038.gif (598KB, 438x750px) Image search: [Google]
1451424653038.gif
598KB, 438x750px
>>51370155
>>51370166
>>51370172

I love you guys! Thank you! Thank you!
>>
>>51369579
Elemental Flux Stance is my go-to for most characters. I like being able to regain HP as we walk around, or getting some extra damage. Close second is Silver Crane Stance.
>>
>>51370112

5th level
>>
>>51370171
see
>>51370076
>>
>>51370118
Stalker, or an oracle with sidestep secret
>>
>>51369974
Used to be a bonus shape and you'd pick one other, but now it's pick 2 and one of them must be from the pact's twin options. The "2*" is explained in regards to this in the ability description for pulse shapes.
>>
>>51370155
>Embodiment of Aether gives you STR to AC and eventually saves.

How does Embodiment of Aether give STR to AC?
>>
>>51370312
It doesn't.
However the Self-Pact does give you CHA to AC, which embodiement of aether can switch to STR.
>>
>>51370312
Self Pact Avowed gives you Cha-to-AC and Cha-to-Saves. Embodiment of the Aether changes all Avowed abilities that use Cha to be instead based off of Str.
>>
>>51370319
>However the Self-Pact does give you CHA to AC

It... Does? Which ability does that?

>>51370331
>Self Pact Avowed gives you Cha-to-AC and Cha-to-Saves.

All I see is the Cha to Saves, not the Cha to AC.
>>
Hey, second time DM here looking for some insight if anyone could help me out.

I'm working on a city-based campaign for my players (level 2) and I'm struggling to figure out what exactly I want their first adventure within the city to be. Some important things to note are that magic is banned outright within city limits, and books are banned for everyone but the highest of nobles.

I was thinking about sending them on a quest having something to do with a book smuggler (or even a magical tome smuggler), but I'm not really great at coming up with the meat of a quest like that just yet. Why would they be in the city in the first place? Why would they want to help a smuggler? What should I do if they decide to turn him in instead of helping him? What should any of this even lead to?

I have some ideas for a larger story but I'm going to be playing within the next couple weeks and I'd like to have something fun thrown together for them before I worry about anything too deep.

Any advice?
>>
>>51370339
Cha-to-AC is in the same section as getting the Improved Unarmed feat, at the bottom.
>>
>>51370347
I can imagine a book seller being a revolutionary type, y'know, INFORMATION NEEDS TO BE FREE and that shit. If they turn him in, maybe his revolutionary buddies start breathing down their necks or something.
>>
>>51370129
Because it's true, anon! Autistic individuals tend to enjoy humanoids that have animalistic characteristics or traits, since it's easier to recognize body language compared to what is oftentimes difficult to parse-out on a normal human face or form.
Embrace it anon; some people are autistic, but that's completely okay!
>>
>>51370356
>Cha-to-AC is in the same section as getting the Improved Unarmed feat, at the bottom.

Ooh, I see it!
>>
>>51370347
Cities are like super dungeons. All the districts and neighborhoods connecting like paths and tunnels.

The big thing is to give them quests based around their character concepts and how invested they are in your city. If it is just generic city number 34 to them they wont care about books or nobles and will prolly wander into trouble without thinking ahead too far. If they are super into it, then you can give them more setting relevant quests.

Party comp is important to consider. Are they all rogues? Fighter types? Caster types? Mixed?
>>
When does a 2h weapon character use something other than a greatsword?
>>
>>51370426
Falchion when they want to go crit-fishing.
>>
>>51370426
falchion, eleven curve blade, fullblades if your DM likes 3.5 content
>>
>>51370426
When it's a Longbow, or a Rifle, or a Beam Cannon?
>>
>>51370426

I allow Earthbreakers which do 2d6 20x3 crit. And great spears which do the same damage but sometimes include reach.

Falchions are for crit builds. And with the custom weapon rules I think you can make a 3d6 weapon.
>>
>>51370426
A nodachi for crit fishing.
>>
>>51370426
Nodachi, Elven Curve Blade, Elven Branch Spear, Falchion, Earthbreaker, Scythe.
>>
File: DSCF0019 (Large).jpg (81KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0019 (Large).jpg
81KB, 1024x768px
>>51370426
F A L C A T A for the best average damage.
>>
>>51370361
Yeah, that's exactly what I was planning for.

>>51370405
Chaotic neutral druid, lawful good paladin, lawful evil oracle. The oracle is very new to the game and doesn't have much of a story for his character beyond that he's manipulative and wants to learn more about controlling people through magic. The paladin is a charitable type who spends almost all of his time delivering bread to poor families in shitty neighborhoods. The druid is your standard druid, I guess. Soft spot for animals, very shy, not very confrontational.

In hindsight I wish I'd told the oracle he wasn't allowed to be evil but oh well. We're working through it.
>>
>>51370347
Whatever you do, I'd suggest giving it some small ties to what you plan to do for the larger story. It could be that the players learn something at the end of this small starting quest that connects to the larger story and brings the real plot to their attention, or it could be something that's more meant as fluff than plot rails, just so that they can eventually see that things tie together somehow. Doesn't need to be a realization that is had early either, maybe it's a connection they'll only be told about much later (unless they're clever enough to pick up on the connection themselves, whatever it is). Subtlety is key to this suggestion though, otherwise it'll just make stuff look forced.

Anyway, as for all those "Why?"s, my advice is to make a handful (your number of players plus zero-to-two) of campaign traits that provide motivations that point your players in the direction you're hoping they'll go.
>>
>>51370501
That's one-handed though.
>>
File: Goblin Slayer - 002-012.jpg (336KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Slayer - 002-012.jpg
336KB, 900x1350px
>>51370426
In cramped, underground spaces.
>>
>>51370087
He is autistic yes, not in the meme sense, he is diagnosed
>>
>>51370518
Holding a one handed weapon two handed gives you all of the advantages of a two handed weapon unless otherwise specified, such as in the case of the rapier.
>>
>>51370118

Monk, Fighter, Ranger, Magus, Duelist all have such options
>>
File: 1466400991649.jpg (102KB, 718x718px) Image search: [Google]
1466400991649.jpg
102KB, 718x718px
>>51369820
>>51369880
You know that tiefling halflings already exist, right?

It wasn't a new subrace.
>>
Could a Summoner have sexual relations with their Eidolon? No reason.
>>
>>51370712
But anon, these are specifically tiefling halfling catgirls
>>
>>51370717
Why couldn't they?
>>
>>51370742
And?

Do you get mad at Paizo when they introduce a NEW RACE like "Kellids" or "Pahmet dwarves"?
>>
File: 166.png (168KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
166.png
168KB, 400x240px
>>51370717
I always assumed that eidolons were basically made from your own thoughts and subconscious, so while the idea had occurred, it turned me off from it that it seemed like it would basically be pic related.
>>
>>51370118
Brawler, add the Contender archetype for double PoW!
>>
File: stop.gif (361KB, 410x206px) Image search: [Google]
stop.gif
361KB, 410x206px
>>51370717
It is a figment of your imagination drawn from the Astral Plane and realized by means of thought-energy-matter conversion, not your "waifu."
>>
Let's say I successfully used Dominate Person on someone. If I then used Psychic Reformation on them, could I use the dominate effect to make all of their choices for them?
>>
>>51370763
When they say "This is the new race that everyone loves and adores," then yes. Post more anime girls, they're better constructed than your posts.
>>
>>51370763
This seems like a matter of false equivalence.
>>
File: 1483835101170.jpg (282KB, 994x813px) Image search: [Google]
1483835101170.jpg
282KB, 994x813px
>>51370800

Sounds like waifu material to me
>>
>>51370810
>move all ranks in Sense Motive to Profession (courtesan) instead
>>
>>51370800
Tulpa waifu!
>>
>>51370763
Those are races introduced early, and then expanded upon.
This is a race that is essentially made up out of whole cloth to the point that they are something other than tieflings fluff-wise, and then add to that the fact that they're OH MY GOD SO SEXY HNNNG and only bad, ignorant people dislike them.
>>
>>51370810
By RAW... I dunno, I guess so? But personally, as a DM, if you did that I would say that the psychic rearrangement of their mind breaks the Dominate Person spell, because that's a decent excuse for it not to work and I don't want it to work because that's too much.
>>
>>51370800
>a figment of your imagination from the Astral Plane isn't waifu material

But is a sheared off piece of your own soul shoved into a construct a valid waifu?
>>
File: saxaphone.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
saxaphone.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>51370877
>>
>>51370825
>>51370842
>>51370891
Did you miss the thread where the GM let someone refluff daoine sidhe into a brand new race of genies?
>>
>>51370901
Forcing a target to do something that's against its nature forces a new saving throw, and I'd argue that 'making someone completely redo their build' would be a whole fucking bunch of saving throws.
>>
>>51370912
Yes. Did you miss the part where one bad thing does not justify another?
>>
Alright I need to make a 5th level fighter, human or half-orc, that can pull his own weight in a party with an investigator, an exploiter wizard, and a card magus. No 3pp, 25 pt buy, and I get combat stamina for free.
Any suggestions for stats/feats/fighting style?
>>
>>51370825
>>51370891
>This is the new race that everyone loves and adores
>OH MY GOD SO SEXY HNNNG

It may be abominably written, but I didn't get this vibe.
>>
>>51370929
It's not even a new race, it's an ethnicity.
>>
>>51370912
That was me. I suggested it, the GM said he'd work with me on it if I wanted to do it, and in the end I decided the concept I had in mind was a little too NPC and went with something else.

This argument is stupid and please don't drag me into it.
>>
>>51370945
You're not the one writing a retarded race.
>>
>>51370800
How is that in any way NOT a waifu?
Consider what making something "your waifu" entails in the first place....
>>
>>51370903
It is also not

do not

DO NOT
>>
>>51370964
Please see the last sentence of my post again, but more loudly.
>>
>>51370936
Well, it's an attempt to justify playing a loli anime catgirl. You can split hairs about the specifics all you want.

Regardless though, I don't see where people are getting the "everyone loves them and adores them" thing.
>>
>>51370912
That didn't happen in the LFG listing, so apparently, yes.

But even so, the keyword is "let someone". You imply the GM was asked first.

Also, genies fit an arabian nights setting. Anime catgirls fit about as well as a condom over your whole head.
>>
>>51370996
But Small tieflings already exist so what's the problem?
>>
File: 01120.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
01120.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>51370862
>she woke up whoreified at what had been done to her
>>
>>51370976
What if it's a sheared off piece of my soul put into a clone body of an adult human woman? It walks, talks, and sounds real!

jk, she's going to be more like an overgrown child, gotta raise her like a daughter!
>>
>>51371005
It's a lewd game.
The hell are you expecting?
>>
>>51371023
I suppose that explains why this anime girl appears to be orgasming from being pelted with cabbage.
>>
>>51371010
I don't see one, really, other than the writing is sort of eyeroll inducing. Why are you replying to me again?
>>
>>51370800
Is that not quite literally a waifu? I'm not askin' to make fucking babies with it.
>>
>>51371005
>Also, genies fit an arabian nights setting. Anime catgirls fit about as well as a condom over your whole head.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Hurairah
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_cats
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muezza
>>
File: THEAMERICANDREAM.jpg (66KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
THEAMERICANDREAM.jpg
66KB, 600x450px
>TFW you come to PFG to talk about Pathfinder and everyone is arguing about waifus and weeaboo bullshit
>>
>>51371052
Darkness is pure.

>>>/a/152604421
>>
File: no way out.gif (4MB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
no way out.gif
4MB, 500x343px
>>51371070
What did you expect?
>>
Question:
Archon-Blooded Aasimar and the continual flame spell-like ability. Does it require the material component?
>>
File: illuminaughty.png (240KB, 521x405px) Image search: [Google]
illuminaughty.png
240KB, 521x405px
>>51371070
>tfw you come to /pfg/ with a mind to start a conspiracy theory discussion but people are posting pics of qt
>>
>>51371070
So talk pathfinder, is someone holding a gun to your head preventing you from it?
>>
>>51371105
>Usually, a spell-like ability works just like the spell of that name. A spell-like ability has no verbal, somatic, or material component, nor does it require a focus. The user activates it mentally. Armor never affects a spell-like ability's use, even if the ability resembles an arcane spell with a somatic component.
>>
>>51371116
Why would you wanna do that?
>>
File: 1436028043353.png (199KB, 355x268px) Image search: [Google]
1436028043353.png
199KB, 355x268px
>>51371118
>implying genuine Pathfinder discussion doesn't get lost in the torrential downpour of autism that is the /pfg/ waifu debate
>>
File: sex2.jpg (76KB, 1017x629px) Image search: [Google]
sex2.jpg
76KB, 1017x629px
>>51370904
holy crap, someone else made a screencap of that part?

... I kept the words though.
>>
>>51371070

See all of
>>51367286 >>51367424 >>51367425 >>51367759 >>51367870 >>51367958 >>51367977 >>51368488 >>51368569 >>51369579 >>51370026 >>51370112 >>51370118 >>51370347
for a bunch of actually totally Pathfinder related stuff to talk about or make your own prompt, instead of complaining. It's not hard to do, Anon.
>>
File: demi.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
demi.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>51371185
>>
>>51371134
Thought so, just felt like something that might be too useful.
Precocious child Lawbringer that goes around selling/giving out ever-burning lanterns before/while becoming an adventurer is a go!
>>
>>51371023
There is a time and place for bimbofication, but this is neither of them.
>>
>>51370530
Yeah, same here.

>>51370129
Sorry, man. Slight eyebrow movements and tonal shifts are a lot harder to parse than a wagging tail.
>>
>>51371211
Aww, like the little match girl!
>>
File: 1452095480523.jpg (32KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
1452095480523.jpg
32KB, 353x334px
>>51371195
>implying those discussions didn't die a permanent death immediately after the waifu bullshit flooded them out
>>
>>51371244
>implying your brand of shitposting isn't just as fatal towards discussion as well
Eat a week old cheesecake you faggot
>>
File: 1483565701218.jpg (693KB, 648x864px) Image search: [Google]
1483565701218.jpg
693KB, 648x864px
>>51371244

We can have pathflounder waifus
>>
>>51370929
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4535255/worldbuilding-suggestions-from-potential-players

Read it yourself, the vibe is all over there.
>>
File: 1443096622995s.jpg (2KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
1443096622995s.jpg
2KB, 125x120px
>>51371266
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
What are some good fantasy rank names for majors, sergeant majors, captains, sergeants, corporals, lance corporals, etc
>>
>>51371295
http://getasword.com/blog/608-knights-templars-ranks-and-organization/
>>
>>51371295
Majors, sergeant majors, captains, sergeants, corporals, lance corporals, etc.
>>
Does a friendly fellow want to post the Xhamen Dor article and stat block from the new Strange Aeons?
>>
File: 1362351673795.jpg (9KB, 227x250px) Image search: [Google]
1362351673795.jpg
9KB, 227x250px
>>51371244
>"Waa, I want to talk about Pathfinder but people are busy waifuposting"
>"Well Anon, here are a bunch of Pathfinder-related posts in the thread you could answer, you can make up your own conversation starter."
>"B-but I can't talk about those, people are waifuposting!"

The discussions aren't dead unless no one ever replies to them again. A conversation takes two or more people, Anon, so reply to them and you might get an answer. Or you might not. If you want more guaranteed replies, try having a conversation in real life.
>>
File: 1473498143561.jpg (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473498143561.jpg
133KB, 1920x1080px
Would /pfg/ have been as mad about the cat thing if it was written by anyone but 2hu?
>>
>>51371295
Don't go too FF and try to make every name meaningful to the exact characters. Often in reality, the name BECOMES grandiose only as a result of the person behind it.

Like, say, Adolf for example.
>>
>>51371363
Which cat thing?
>>
>>51371371

what
>>
>>51371363
Would it have been as bad as it was if it was written by anyone but 2hu?
>>
>>51371363
it would have been a brief laugh and people would move on

now we've got at least 30 more posts of this shit, especially with people like you around
>>
>>51371379
Just a guess but anon means JRPGs tend to have some seriously spechul-snowflake-names completely related to whatever the character is/does like "Fayt Linegod" and shit like that.

Meanwhile in reality, you might have "Bob Smith" the legendary general, and his aide, Lieutenant John Littledick.
>>
>>51371445
>Fayt Linegod

After all these years, SO3 still makes me angry.
>>
Ah, a new day, time to write up more obscenely perverted ERP lore.

And wonder why the hell I can't sleep.
>>
>>51371445

What kinda army names a rank "Fayt Linegod"?
>>
>>51371490
Tell me more!
>>
I was just in a dungeon crawl when our 6th level party of effectively 7 people encountered a symbol of insanity.

I have to say it was one of our more entertaining fights. Only four survivors, though.
>>
>>51371531
What happened to the other 3? Are they okay?
>>
>>51371538
Oh, they'll be fine. Just a lot more...skeleton championy and less fleshy than less time.

Their souls are less...intact.
>>
>>51371500
I have no idea where this insomnia is coming from, but it feels really weird.

As for the setting, it's a very fetishistic setting where, trying to put it simply, your reproductive organs are considered the most important thing about you. Your status in society is improved the more impressive and virile/nubile you are, and improving your stats and advancing your character improves those attributes as well.

However, combat is equally focused on your nether bits with magic and special attacks going low, with the goal to damage, reduce or totally remove your opponent's gonads.

Mutilated or removed bits can be restored with healing magic, but a sterilized character drops off the bottom of the social ranks and becomes a slave. Unless they want to get taken away to a brutal slave processing center they need to be owned by another party member until they regrow their bits and become fertile again.

Essentially, nobody ever dies in this combat system, instead a bad end results in castration or other genital damage. And thus forcing a change to that character's stats and role in the party. I think it'd be pretty interesting to see how players react to the shifting power dynamic in response to someone losing their nads and now needing to be obedient towards another PC while they quest to restore them.

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense I'm feeling really damn weird right now and I'm trying to push through the haze before the coffee kicks in. Main thread is here, stop on by and give it a look.

>>>/trash/7371337
>>
>>51371560
Well I hope they get better. I'll mail them a get well soon card.
>>
>>51371378
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4535255/worldbuilding-suggestions-from-potential-players
>>
>>51371571
Define fetishistic in the context of this culture besides what? Size of breasts/vagina/penis? Sperm count?

Is pregnancy the primary concern, or is it sex?

Is it a line between protecting your junk while maintaining maximum sperm count? Are women at a disadvantage with more to protect or do secondary sexual characteristics like breasts not matter?
>>
>>51371699
Breasts don't 'matter' as in terms of if you're a slave or not, that's the ovaries for females and testicles for males, if you still have one of those and it's working, you're still free, though you're certainly not going to be as effective in the dating scene badly mutilated.

I'm thinking of a list of primary and secondary sexual characteristics and what they all do. I'm using a kind of Corruption of Champions inspired Lust system so a sufficiently attractive character could tease an enemy until they drop to the floor and start masturbating.

It's less about sperm count and more about visible size. Your junk is basically a magic meter of how powerful you are, so if you're walking down the street with a great big bulge, or your junk just hanging out for all to see, people will respect and fear you more. It may as well be the level indicator over an MMO player's head.

Actual sex isn't really important to this status, just having those characteristics shows what a powerful person you are. The setting's culture believes that it's your reproductive ability that defines you as a living being. Take that away and you're not really a person in their eyes anymore, the ability to create life is gone and without that you're good only for servitude.

And it's not really fetishized in universe exactly, these are just facts of life. People walk around in super skimpy armor and clothing because that's just normal. And it shows off Your prideful assets, why would you want to cover up? Though armor works because bullshit-bullshit even if it leaves 75% of your body exposed.
>>
>>51371651

S-so that's 2hu? Gosh... I thought /pfg/ was exaggerating about him...

Is 2hu also Touhoufag from the old D&D 4e threads? You know, the radiant rainbow fist hong meilin build
>>
File: 1483507820877.jpg (163KB, 1558x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1483507820877.jpg
163KB, 1558x1200px
>>51369701
I always get at least one "trivial" skill for my characters. Usually it's something simple like craft (whittling) or profession (cook).

Even if I'm playing a class with few skills I think it just makes a character more comfy.
>>
>>51371787
Just admit that you want to kiss him and go skype it out already, christ man.
This is nearly as bad as all the jim profit idiocy and sock puppeting.
>>
File: tiefling.jpg (16KB, 241x450px) Image search: [Google]
tiefling.jpg
16KB, 241x450px
Just to check, how many folks here have read Blood of Fiends? 'Cause there's a little something I'm planning to hint at in my character's backstory and I want to get a feel for how obvious I should make it.

The basic idea is that while he was being held as a slave, he and a tiefling girl ended up getting informally married during their last days together, and he didn't realize the significance of the ritual until later.
>>
>>51371847
I have no idea what you're on about.
>>
>>51371794
>Profession (courtesan)
>>
>>51371847
So he's got a long scar on his inner arm?
>>
>>51371847
Just mention the scar and then build it up from there, the rest depends on if it ever comes up or she becomes a relevant part of the story.
>>
>>51369701
>>51371794
When I build enemies, I always give them some silly skill that makes little to no sense, as one of my two personal in-jokes that never gets shared with my players. The other is that I label nearly every NPC as a P-zombie in their stat block.
>>
>>51371877
On either arm, but pretty much, yeah.

>>51371879
Alright, kinda underplaying it as is, so it'll go into the backstory unchanged.
>>
>>51371896
It's morally meaningless to kill them!
>>
>>51371908
Not that any of my players know that. There are a few philosophically-inclined people I currently or at some point in the past ran Pathfinder for, so if they ever find out somehow it'll hopefully be a hilarious pay-off, seeing as it's multiple years in the making at this point.
>>
>>51371787
Is there literally anything wrong with that thread?
>>
File: 1482888267434.jpg (208KB, 510x624px) Image search: [Google]
1482888267434.jpg
208KB, 510x624px
>>51371809

I'm just curious! This is the closest thing to autism I've encountered. The walls and walls of questions. The huge addition of major setting elements without GM consultation.

I don't want to kiss him, I want to know how he reacts when people tell him some of the things he does are terrible.

I didn't know you'd be this jealous, anon. My kisses are for you only, okay?
>>
>>51370162
This. Amulets of natural armor are pretty sweet too
>>
So I could use some advice, /pfg/.

I'm making a back-up character, trying to make an intentionally bad build semi-competent.

Essentially, I've been offered a bit of a challenge. The campaign is gestalt, no 3pp, level 6, up to 20rp in race selection.

I would like to make a venerable wizard (scrollmaster)/vigilante (brute).

I am aware that wizard is still great, though I can't cast in my vigilante form.
Still, any recommendations?
>>
>>51371974
>The huge addition of major setting elements without GM consultation.
GM said that players could edit the setting.
>>
Friendly reminder that it was 2hu's autism that made the Katapesh GM back down.

We have only 2hu to blame for that game dying.
>>
>>51372110
That mindset is the reason we keep getting shit nerfed in errata.
>>
>>51372166
Fuck off, the guy had a weird schedule. There were few enough slots and enough people interested that the GM could have just chosen other people even with 2hu's autism.

Hew, witchhunt-anon, you should really go back to being banned and deleted from games. Won't that be swell? Maybe you can get banned from 4chan as well!
>>
>>51371907
>>51371879
>>51371879
I'm a little confused. Isn't the basis here just that they mix their blood from a cut to symbolise their union?

Did he not know they were getting 'informally married?' Does that matter since it was informal and he's clearly not a fan of that?
>>
>>51372167
If the GM didn't want players editing the setting, he would've said so.
>>
>>51372186
Not him, but could be for character building and plot hooks.
Plenty of gangs/underworld/religious movements do the blood brothers thing. Maybe he misinterpreted it and she's expecting him to come back, or is going to go looking for him. Maybe there is a prominent tiefling npc that he's going to try to romance who will notice the scar and suddenly turn on him and he won't know why.
>>
>>51372186
The misunderstanding is partly based on the fact that he's kind of stupid, partly on cultural barriers, and partly that he'd never really had the chance to interact with someone as a friend or ally before.

But mostly that he's pretty dumb.
>>
>>51372179
It's too convenient that the GM shut down the listing JUST after 2hu autismed all over it.
>>
>>51372274
Like I said last time too: It's too convenient that you're still alive.
>>
>>51371974
>The walls and walls of questions
It's the same questions he asks in every PF game he joins, which is all of them. It's like he has a list of all the poorly written spells, traits, and feats, and just starts going down them asking if they're allowed.
>>
>>51371762
So any interest in this? Right now I'm trying to ready at least a barebones setup to try and do some trial runs, maybe put a few players together. I still need some help getting things ready, mostly advice and just some different opinions on things.
>>
>>51372216
I added stuff to a GM's homebrew setting, once. It was about the rural cultures of a country which had only been described in terms of its cities in the PDFs he'd given us.

I made sure I wasn't directly interfering with anything the GM had set down, and gave it some thought to make sure it would gel with the campaign he was running us through. I made sure it was brief and unintrusive, and when I wanted to expand further, I talked to him about it. It wasn't to justify a build. It was just to make my character seem like a person.

Y'know what I didn't do? Try and rewrite the lore relating to the city we were in, and that the GM had put a lot of time into setting up, just so that I could wreck shit as a combat monster. I didn't wildly contradict the tone by using a shitton of anime reference pictures.
>>
File: 1421353905895.gif (365KB, 400x328px) Image search: [Google]
1421353905895.gif
365KB, 400x328px
>>51367870
I like talking through questions. It helps me think and design. Does anyone have questions about any of this or any of my other homebrew? We can discuss it, or what ever! Any questions really.
>>
>>51372318
Nothing 2hu wrote had rewritten anything. It's all addition, not modification.
>>
>Katapesh listing finally goes down

It's over. 2hu did this to the GM. Yet another game 2hu kills.
>>
>>51372771
Oh shush.
>>
>>51372771
Fuuuuuck ooooooff.
>>
>>51372591
I've got a home brewed Witcher class that I made. My friends think it works though I haven't play tested it yet. (Just revised it like 3 times before settling on what I got.)

Thing is I'm worried it's shit. Or worse OP.
>>
>>51372859
What is it, a full-BAB alchemist variant?
>>
>>51372875
Wow almost spot on lol.
Added some elements from slayer as well.
Thing is I gave up almost entirely on spell casting to keep it from being overpowered. I'm gonna get a chance to test it out this weekend with a friend to see how it feels.

It's got a handful of compromises with it cause I wanted it to fit rather than be a straight copy but I like the end result.
>>
>>51372859
Post it, I'll take a look.
>>
New thread
>>51372957
>>51372957
>>51372957
>>51372957
>>51372957
>>
>>51372953
Would be glad to but I'm at work
>>
>>51372301

I'm sorry, anon! The idea of attacking someone's dick kinda makes me shrink away. I don't see myself being open to it.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.