[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General MIGHT THROUGH SP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 25

File: FUCKING XENOOOOS.png (138KB, 524x458px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING XENOOOOS.png
138KB, 524x458px
/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General

MIGHT THROUGH SPITE edition

Last Thread:
>>51108744

>Hawk Wargames website, with links to models, rules, and forums
http://www.hawkwargames.com/

>DZC rules, units, errata, etc
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3e69ovwksc27r/DZC#3e69ovwksc27r

>DZC Phase 2 Rules and Scenarios
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9o0mghzvf3gsnzg/Phase2-rulesScenarios.pdf
>DZC Phase 2 Units
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hjxrk1f2i0fv283/Phase2_units.pdf
>DZC Phase 2 Fluff
http://www.mediafire.com/download/novaydro2mxo074/Phase2-fluff.pdf

>Dropbox of rulebook pictures
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ci1w3beqaeu5nca/AADismn1gX0dYWShk45csdRca?dl=0

>free DZC army builders
http://www.dzc-ffor.com/
http://solomonder.com/scoldzap/

>DFC Rules and Scenarios
http://www.mediafire.com/file/li17bl14bute5ee/DFC_RulesScenarios.pdf
>DFC Units
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oa35v9pq7gfe1fs/DFC_Units.pdf
>DFC Fluff
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oysd2f64iytbd69/DFC_Fluff.pdf

>free DFC fleet builder
http://dflist.com/

>Where to order DFC from
http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/dropfleet-commander.html
http://www.thewarstore.com/dropfleet-commander-preorder.html

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Note: There's currently a non-official fan DFC and DZC unit design contest going on at Hawk's forums. Check it out if you have an account.
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9444
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=9445
>>
First faction I should choose guys?

Shaltari look fucking sweet but shopkeep said they're difficult to play.
>>
>>51229695
DFC or DZC?
>>
>>51229731

DZC.
>>
>>51229981
Yeah, their teleportation and move/fire rules are pretty freaky to get used to I hear, but they're not that bad.

What do you like about the Shaltari? The aesthetics, the gameplay style?
>>
>>51230015

The aesthetics mainly. They look the most alien out of the factions in my opinion.

Really hoping the next faction they add is alien and weird as fuck.
>>
>>51230423
Yeah, the Shaltari aesthetics are top tier. I personally think they look the best from 1.0 to phase 2 and DFC, far more than the other factions.

Dave remodeling the original units with his newfound CAD prowess when?
>>
>>51230596
If they decide to do that it will probably be at DZC 2.0. There's another expansion and who knows how much DFC stuff before then so there's likely to be quite a wait.
>>
>>51230653
There are those rumors going around about phase 3 being the last expansion in the reconquest arc, so I'd expect 2.0 after that drops.

I'm expecting DFC 1.1 sometime in the late summer, with an updated rule book with non-KS battlecruisers and corvettes.
>>
>>51229080
Ok, that pic has me interested. Can I get a brief description of why humanity is so fucking pissed in this game?
>>
File: 1473616790661.jpg (129KB, 1080x718px) Image search: [Google]
1473616790661.jpg
129KB, 1080x718px
>>51230804
All core worlds and 90% of population lost to massive alien invasion after ignoring a vague warning a year prior. Those humans able to evacuate to the untouched outer colonies and scrable the local FTL beacons spend 160 years building up a military-centric civilization in order to launch a humanity-wide counterattack. In the midst of their final preparations for invasion, their stealth recon missions find out that the aliens invaded almost exclusively for the purpose of taking live humans to use as brain-infested meatpuppets for their offspring.

They're a bit peeved about the whole thing, to be honest.
>>
>>51230804
REEEE GIB EARTH REMOVE JELLY EARTH RIGHTFUL HUMAN CLAY REEEEEE
>>
>>51230804
>humanity has a few centuries of wars because of energy crisis
>discover fusion power, golden century or so
>Shaltari (hyper advanced not!Eldar grayys with hedgehog spines) show up, lead humanity to some choice planets because using human FTL to get anywhere is like finding spit in an ocean
>turns out the Shaltari helping humanity just wanted them as foot soldiers to kill other Shaltari, humanity tells them to fuck off, humanity keeps the choice planets
>weird alien tennisball falls to earth in South America, turns out its a hyper-advanced AI after it hacked the SA mainframe when an egghead put an electrode to it
>alien tennisball hires a merc company to rescue it, sends out a message to all of humanity boiling down to "Shit's going down, go to Vega if you want to get out of dodge"
>some of humanity goes to Vega, but also steal lots of ships to get there
>human government doesn't like that, cue hour-long civil war in spess where millions die
>sphere warps the survivors out to god knows where
>wounded human fleet goes on back to Earth
>suprise mothafucka, GIANT ALIEN FLEET roflstomps Earth and humanity's core worlds in a matter of hours
>only a small portion of humanity escapes to their backwater colonies
>95% of humanity is killed or captured, because the invading aliens, the Scourge, are actually bodysnatcher neuroparasites
>jump forward about 200 years, humans surviving on the colonies have turned them into the UNITED COLONIES OF MAN, and have built the largest war machine in human history just so they can go kick the ass of the Scourge and take their worlds back
>cyborgs show up a few hours before d-day, tell the UCM they're fucking retarded and to chill
>cyborgs are the Post Human Republic (PHR) , and the descendants of the humans to escaped with the tennisball
>UCM tells them to fuck off, they do so
>UCM attacks Scourge, Scourge is surprised because no one attacks them
>PHR and Shaltari are dicking around with everyone because they're both not!Eldar
>>
What would you guys like to see the next faction? Gimmick wise?
>>
>>51231062
Highly efficient light ships along with cheap superheavies; mediums and heavies being being acceptably powerful, but less efficient than they are in other factions.
>>
>>51230804

Imagine if the world your race grew up on the original worlds you spread to along with your loved ones died to fucking jellies. Now imagine your loved ones offspring their surviving relatives nothing more then mind slave hosts to said jellies. Imagine in your darkest hour a portion of humanity giving you the middle finger and fucking off to god knows where. Imagine the hedgehogs you thought were friends turn their backs on your telling you were nothing more than cannon fodder to them.

Would you be fucking pissed and want revenge? I would.

Remove jelly, remove separatists, remove hedgehogs.
>>
What is the hands down best battlecruiser in the game, /dcg/?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12121077
>>
>>51232582
that is hands down the basilisk/akuma, weapons free no spike, silent running 1 weapon, fast, decent armor, not to expensive compared to other BCs, if everyone could take one I think they would.
>>
>>51232582
It's probably really the Akuma or Ruby, but I voted for the Perth anyway because giant lasers are the coolest.
>>
>>51232582
Basilisk/Akuma.
Not only does it have a stupidly high damage output, but removing all but the no-turns penalty of weapons Free makes it absurd.

IMO a far more capable battleship than the Scourge BB.

Next best up is the Avalon/Perth. Then maybe the PHR gun BC. I think the PHR Carrier BC's a trap.
>>
>when you stop caring and give into the memes
I'm actually going to be mad if this works when I proxy it.

--------------------------------------
Maximum Memes - 1500pts
Scourge - 15 launch assets

SR20 Vanguard battlegroup (410pts)
1 x Basilisk - 205pts - H
+ Fleet Overlord (100pts, 5AV)
1 x Akuma - 205pts - H

SR20 Vanguard battlegroup (410pts)
1 x Akuma - 205pts - H
1 x Akuma - 205pts - H

SR10 Line battlegroup (280pts)
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M

SR6 Line battlegroup (172pts)
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
1 x Gargoyle - 32pts - L

SR2 Pathfinder battlegroup (64pts)
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L

SR2 Pathfinder battlegroup (64pts)
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------
>>
>>51233186
Actually, wait, if I drop the 1hydra 1gargoyle BG and replace it with a Chimera and 3x Nickar, this might actually work.
>>
>>51233186
>Akumas with fighter screens
No thank you sir.
>>
File: UCM_INTEL.jpg (30KB, 620x385px) Image search: [Google]
UCM_INTEL.jpg
30KB, 620x385px
Alright people, I want solutions on my desk. In-theater scourge commanders are fielding a large number of Akuma-class Battlecruisers, and we need to counter this if the invasion is to stay on plan for Phase 3.

I'll leave you all to your work.

As always men, fuck xenos.
>>
>>51233330
Taipei-chan and New York-sama might do the job, with the brawlers backing them up.
>>
File: 1472009002275.png (1MB, 1274x713px) Image search: [Google]
1472009002275.png
1MB, 1274x713px
>>51233330
>fuck xenos
I'm trying, sir!
>>
Are corvettes mandatory auto-picks?
>>
>>51235341
I wouldn't go that far, but they're cheap and more efficient at the important task of strike carrier removal than anything else. A generally good thing to bring along, but not mandatory.
>>
>>51233330

The key problem is one of range, we need to get closer, that means we need to be faster. Then there's the problem of Armour and HP.

So, we need something with a speed of at least 10" and the ability to cause serious damage.

I propose something from their own playbook: Light Cruiser squadrons backed up by Close Action Frigates. A pair of New Cairo's or Osaka's backed up with a pair or more of Taipei missile frigates, closing with all speed, avoiding spikes and activating after the Battlecruisers where possible.

Maybe we could bait the ships out of Silent Running by presenting tempting but ultimately cheap and replaceable shipping to them? A Madrid perhaps?
>>
>>51235935

They NCs will have a problem firing because of the narrow arc. It is going to be point blank fighting so it is Taipei chan all day every day, backed up by some Seattles to score some long range damage with the fighters. It also means that if they decided to not go silent running one turn, they will eat a lot of heavy mass drive shots to the face.
>>
>>51236393
Don't forget New Yawk. 2 torpedoes and loads of strike craft to fuck shit up with, not to mention enough HP to grit her teeth and take a weapons free if she has to.
>>
>>51236829
Well the New York would be a better counter to the rest of his fleet, but against the basilisks you wouldn't want one big ship. Lots of smaller ships to give him more targets to shoot at verse concentrating all 16 potential damage points is the way to go. Especially because it would force him to spread out his numerous ships to hit critical targets.

The torpedoes aren't going to have a shot for a while either. Its not that the NY is bad, its just not the ideal counter here.
>>
>>51237002

Honestly, I think 4 Taipei's would probably work best, if you can get them in close enough.
>>
>>51233330
Best counter is a Lima'd up Perth with a bunch of Madrids, San Frans, Santiagos and New Orleans, with some Taipeis and maybe Seattles sprinkled in for actual killing. Akumas can't land troops, if you play the objective hard enough and blow jelly objective ships then they can't do shit.
>>
>>51237785

Lima's don't work on full cloak Sempai.
>>
>>51237843
They're not for the battlecruisers, they're for the Chimeras. The most fun part of playing the objective is kicking the absolute shit out of enemy objective ships as soon as possible. It's the same reason Santiagos are important. After that is done they can light up any part of the supporting fleet dumb enough to not be a frigate in atmosphere.
>>
Accidently bough the two player starter set... I know that small games are around 900 points, so what would I need to add to the starter to get that?
>>
>>51237956

While limas and an avalon are good standbys, you have to look at the list and see what he brought. There is only one chimera and a lot of small troopships. The issue is that his Basilisks are going to be much better suited to killing off your own objective grabbers. Each of the four has a good chance to pop a strike carrier in a single volley. They will simply eat a troop ship alive in one volley as well.

You are much better off taking out his hydras with your avalon and limas with the Seattle guns and then going after the akumas with taipeis. It is safe to say one of those hydras will drop early on and maybe some good damage done to the second before the avalon dies. Focusing your carriers on an akuma could drop one in 2 turns. Since he has all big ships he loses a lot of fire power when each one dies, where as your own standard list will have a lot more staying as it takes a lot of shots to pop the numerous Taipeis and longer range seattles.
>>
>>51239370
Which game
>>
>>51232296
>Imagine in your darkest hour a portion of humanity giving you the middle finger and fucking off to god knows where.

There was no middle finger, they just made the right choice.

>b-b-but erf represent!
>human loyalty!

I guarantee you that every man, woman and child being neuro-puppeteered by the Scourge has been thinking one thing and one thing only for the last 200ish years of their agonising existences: "I wish so fucking bad that I'd gone to Vega when I had the chance."
>>
>>51239631
>right choice abaonding human race and stealing ships
>right chice stabbing human race in the back on multiple occasions instead of helping with reconquest
>right chie giving nukes to a homicidal maniac
>right ci acting like a bunch of smug assholes and not sharing any intel int he first place
STFU BALL LICKER
>>
>>51239631
They started a civil war so they could make a blind jump into the unknown based on an incredibly vague message from a poorly understood source. It happened to work out, but plenty of supremely stupid decisions are fully capable of working out.

Really though, the abandonist stuff is forgivable. What truly makes the PHR subhuman scum is the shit they've pulled since they got back. They're smug cunts that are literally worse than Shaltari. At least the xenos admit they're dickheads.
>>
>>51239859
If you weren't such a baseline it would be perfectly logical to you too.
>>
>>51239950
It is perfectly logical. The PHR are just huge fucking inhuman cocks that deserved removed from the universe like the rest of the xeno scum.
>>
>>51239950
>previously manipulated and fucked over by advanced aliens
>advanced alien device shows up and tells you to do things
>WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG
Hey, I won't deny that it worked out. I'm just saying it would have been a really good trap. You could send them coordinates to the surface of a star for shits and giggles.
>>
>>51239731
>right choice abonding human race and stealing ships

Yes. They didn't abandon the human race, by the way, they saved part of it.

>right chice stabbing human race in the back on multiple occasions instead of helping with reconquest

But anon, the PHR have already reconquered a whole system that mankind had previously considered lost. They're more successful in Reconquest than the UCM has been.

>right chie giving nukes to a homicidal maniac

Salakhan already had the nukes, nobody knew about them. Tip top tier villain, by the way, I actually hate him despite really enjoying how he plays on the tabletop.

>>51239859
>They started a civil war so they could make a blind jump into the unknown based on an incredibly vague message from a poorly understood source.

It was still the right choice to make. It saved everyone that made it from the Scourge. Whether it was feasible to get all of mankind over Vega is questionable, and I don't know if it is or isn't possible - that's not information the fluff supplies. But it would have been the right choice for as much of mankind as possible to head out to Vega.

>but you can't expect the Cradle World governments to just go with some vague warning

Maybe not. It's an immense leap of faith. But it was still the right thing to do in the end, and I 100% would not blame anyone for going to Vega... because they turned out to be correct. The only reason the UCM hates the PHR isn't that the PHR was wrong in any way - it's because the existence of the PHR proves that they were totally fucking wrong to ignore the sphere's warning, and that rustles them to no end. 95% of the people that stayed were killed or subjected to a fate worse than death by the Scourge. 100% of the people that left got to become actual posthumans, got to build a highly advanced society, etc. Imagine how fucking amazing the Reconquest would be going if the PHR were the larger faction, considering how well they're doing with like 1% of the UCM's population.
>>
>>51240110
>100% of the people that left got to become the half-plastic puppets of an inscrutable alien AI*
>>
>>51240049
Considering how advanced it was, it could have launched all their nukes or or ICBMs as it was without issue. Or overloaded every fusion plant on earth. Or left EW drek that shut down every computer on earth for the next three decades.

Oh wait, it hacked all of human space at once. Nevermind, it could have done that to every human installation that depended on a power source and a computer.
>>
>>51240251
Because they don't want to kill the humans they want their own slave race to be their thralls.
>>
>>51240110
>it's because the existence of the PHR proves that they were totally fucking wrong to ignore the sphere's warning, and that rustles them to no end.
I don't hold that against them. It's the constant manipulation and slaughter of UCM personnel, the smug refusal to divulge any information whatsoever or explain the reasons for their extremely shitty actions, and perhaps most importantly the fact that they've all had their bodies modified by an alien entity that pretty obviously has some sort of ulterior motives that it is unwilling to share.
>>
>>51240251
Yeah, but that's not funny. Sending them some vague message and then watching them start a fucking civil war over it before launching themselves into the sun is funny. When you're that advanced fucking with primitive space empires can be a form of entertainment just like any other.
>>
>>51240278
Thralls? Maybe. Higher standard of living than UCM? Pretty definitely.

Might be an uplift kind of thing, "you and your descendants serve our aims (and yours too, this isn't some deal with a devil, c'mon) for a few hundred years, we'll give you sweet tech and a fairly functional society to go with it."

I'd take a lifetime as a superior posthuman over a lifetime as some UCM citizen, no matter which one.

>>51240360
If they can do whatever they want and are motivated by pure sociopathy, you can make them kill you or you can play along until they aren't so overwhelmingly powerful. Now, I know which one would be the proper choice for "They keep in the war by sheer force of spite alone", but practically? For the perpetuation of the human race?
>>
>>51240278
So far all we know about the PHR is that it has a way higher standard of living than the UCM, and the Sphere is not actually its ruler, just an advisor.

So they're hardly thralls.
>>
>>51240554
at worst they're colonial india, but zounds more A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>51240281
>It's the constant manipulation and slaughter of UCM personnel

Apparently most UCM commanders open fire on PHR representatives immediately, no questions asked, so I don't really blame them for shooting first if they're there to do something.
>>
>>51240583
no initially they didnt, then a number of UCM patrols were massacred without warning, and ever since then due to not knowing what the dicks are on about most UCM personnel have a shoot first ask questions later policy.

Frankly you can say what you want but the PHR are being dicks possibly for no reason, they know something is up, and they didnt tell the UCM for whatever reasons they have concocted.
>>
I've read the rules to Dropfleet and I love the battleship-sub thing it's got going on. What are the factions like, though?
>>
>>51240790
Flavor wise or rules wise?

IT'S A GOOD DAY TO DIE, WHEN YOU KNOW THE REASON WHY
chaotic evil xenos
smug humans
smug aliens

second best at everything except for fighters, but all their carriers are also gunships anyway
go fast and melt everything at close range
BROADSIDES and bulwark and terrifying bombers
fucking cheating high-tech xenos
>>
>>51240406

Higher standard of living we know of or so far. Minus the eventual forced combat against an alien race who may or may not have done anything to you. Who knows if they will keep using you when the time comes where your usefulness it past. But for now better the happy slave than the free man with perils of having to make your own decisions.

>>51240554
On a more serious note, it is highly likely they are thralls. No one just gifts stuff like that. You don't take a group of refugees and turn them into an aggressive militarist power for funsies. From what Dave has hinted at, there is going to be a catch and its going to be a big one. I think at the end the PHR are going to embrace it willingly for most part though, because they are a cult now.

I think I have posed it before but after the reveal there eventually going to be schism in the PHR with a sphere supporters and then a go our own why type. The go your own way supporters are going to be one of the other factions in the list of planned ones.
>>
>>51240790
>UCM
LOTS of turreted guns.
Second toughest faction.
Jack of all trades elsewise.
Hands down best beams in the game.
Shit fighters and bombers, but their carrier have proper weaponry so it balances out.
Second best general close action

>Scourge
Fast and fragile
Most overall firepower concentrated into any one arc among any faction.
Carriers are breddy gud.
Best generalist close action ships.

>PHR
T o u g h
Most overall firepower among all the factions, but it's split into broadsides
EXCELLENT bombers
Excellent frigates
Second worst general close action

>Shaltari
Fast, the most fragile
Cheeki breeki sneeki deeki cunts
Lots of bullshit fuckery like shields and teleporting ground assets
Huge scan, tiny signature.
Great fighters
Most of their weaponry is in the F(N) arc, so lots of attack runs rather than brawling
Worst general close action, specialist close action is arguably equal to the Scourge in some ways.
>>
>>51240790

Revenge seeking human race, styled off Colonial Marines from (alien film)

Body snatcher types that go planet to planet to get host bodies to run around in - styled of xenomorphs (alien film) mixed with tyranids and a dash of cylons

cyber human race that is mysterious and led by a high tech alien device. motives yet to be revealed by it is likely the motives are grey.

not eldar aliens - clan based, high tech and master manipulators - have kind of a space tribal theme mixed with eldar styles.
>>
>>51241070
PHR has the worst close action.

Hogs have the beam close action frigate that is pretty nice.
>>
>>51240790
UCM: Humans basically the Standard against which other factions are measured
Pros: Good armor, Good weapons, best arcs of fire, solid burnthrough lasers, and a number of excellent support frigates
Cons: Slowest Speed, Shortest scan, unremarkable launch assets

PHR: Post-Humans, the heavy armor heavy firepower faction
Pros: Heavier armor, heavier firepower, decent scan, effective bombers, powerful frigates
Cons: limited arcs specifically to the sides, poor frontal weaponry, Role Specific ships, crap point defense

Scourge: Bad guy faction basically bodysnatchers
Pros: High damage weapons, fast ships, stealthy ships, Highly effective close action weapons, At short range reduce enemy armor value
Cons: Less armor, restricted arcs mostly frontal, larger signature

Shaltari: Ancient Alien dickbag faction
Pros: Exotic weapons with different effects, Good Close action weapons, Low Signature, High Scan, Shields, excellent fighters, Different troop deployment method
Cons: Light armor, very restricted arcs many front narrow. Different troop deployment method
>>
>>51234262
Best girl continues to be best.
>>
>>51241210
>says it is best girl
>looks like young david bowie

Yea androgyny!
>>
>>51241143
Which is why I differentiate between general and specialist close action.

General: Close action found on every ship as an auxiliary weapon. Shark missiles, plasma storm, wasp drones, harpoon cascade, etc.

Specialist: Close action on ships specifically for close action: Piranha missiles, plasma tempest(storm, for Djinn), neutron missiles, microwave array, etc

Basically the UCM and Scourge follow the same CAW pattern, with the Scourge's just being BETTER in every way, both general and specialist.

PHR have mediocre general CAW, but it's 3+ so it's not that bad. Neutron missiles are great, but it's their only specialist CAW.

Shaltari have the worst general CAW since harpoon have so little shots, and on a 4+, but their beam CAW is excellent.
>>
>>51241190
>Slowest Speed, Shortest scan, unremarkable launch assets
What? Their speed is equivalent in every way to the PHR, and their scan is equivalent to the Scourge.
>>
>>51241270
Well, correction*
PHR battlecruisers are faster than UCM battlecruisers
UCM troopships are faster than PHR assault troopships
UCM corvettes are faster than PHR corvettes
>>
>>51241383
when the speed ranking is UCM=PHR<Scourge<Shaltari

That still makes the UCM slowest, its just tied with PHR for slowest, also 6" is the shortest scan distance as well its not wrong.
>>
>>51241509
But it's also misleading when you don't also have "slowest" in the PHR cons, or "short scan" in the Scourge cons. The UCM are no worse than either of them, but it's the only one with those listed as cons.
>>
>>51239582
Dropfleet
>>
>>51243051
Two starter fleets are about 1000 points, so just one more UCM or Scourge box is enough.
>>
What ships do you think are underrated and will be part of the sleeper meta, and why?

>Jet
>fairly cheap as far as HC's go
>decent gun
>excellent specialized CAW
>marginal CAW along with that
>can utilize all of its firepower without going weapons free
>bombardment utility

>Saint Pete
>outright cheapest heavy cruiser in the game
>can cripple two cruisers at once if they're lined up, can outright destroy a heavy cruiser, and can cripple everything including a PHR battleship
>it has issues bringing both beams to bare when going weapons free, but can easily be solved by pairing it with another Pete to threaten multiple enemy BG's. E.G: git gud at tactics
>>
>>51243051
I would buy a second two player starter and then a frigate box.

After that a battleship and you will be in a great spot with a lot of options.

Use http://dflist.com/ to make a sample list.
>>
>>51243727

I think the St Pete pretty good, you don't even need two. Its the ultimate sniper. You just gotta put it in the back and target stuff that has got a lot of spikes on it. Firing from the max effective range and cleaning out forward targets will help to extent its life. It still has 3+ and 12 hull. If you keep her in the back corner at 18inch, you are only going to get return fire from a few ships not the whole enemy fleet. If you manage to take out more than two ships (something which it is likely to do in 2 turns of firing) you will make your points back and for your opponent to send ships out of the way to remove it.
>>
>>51243906
The main problem with the pete is aiming; you can't turn while weapons free, meaning it NEEDS to go before its target.

Then again, considering what it would hunt, SR10 isn't that bad.
>>
>>51239631
>you guys can't take back the homeworlds now, we won't share any further information about it but trust us you can't, we're just right
>also we're going to hamstring your war effort against the worst enemy humanity has ever known because that's just how we roll

REMOVE ABANDONISTS REMOVE ABANDONISTS

Literal species traitors.
>>
>>51244382
>also we're going to hamstring your war effort against the worst enemy humanity has ever known because that's just how we roll

Why they're doing this is kinda obvious.

The UCM are too warlike and xenophobic to have peace with in the long run. They'd inevitably go after the PHR once the Scourge are dealt with due to muh abandonist scum memery. The PHR needs to take enough Cradle Worlds to ensure that the UCM can't roll them with superior numbers when that time comes.
>>
>>51244610
They wouldn't have gone after the PHR if they the PHR had not been cocks. The first contact with mankind was a HUGE diplomatic blunder. There is not advantage to failing as hard as they did.

It would have been very easy to redirect UCM anger exactly where they wanted if they acted as benevolent supporters instead of arrogant cocks. There would have been massive benefits. The UCM could have still done the brunt of the fighting and instead of quarreling over PHR targets they could have played it off as just offering their support. Then waited and either subverted the UCM when the time was right or stabbed them in the back.

Instead they just failed hard at harnessing mankinds' potential and as a result was forced to just go into open conflict. The problem is they are so inhuman now, they are unable to understand mankinds view point. They made themselves an enemy and didn't even realize it because they has completely forgotten how to think like human beings.
>>
r8, h8

2x starter list for Scourge and UCM for pitting against each other.

2x starter - 1199pts
UCM - 3 launch assets

SR20 Vanguard battlegroup (326pts)
1 x Moscow - 163pts - H
+ UCM Captain (20pts, 2AV)
1 x Moscow - 163pts - H

SR14 Line battlegroup (350pts)
2 x Berlin - 210pts - M
4 x Toulon - 140pts - L

SR7 Line battlegroup (196pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L

SR8 Line battlegroup (177pts)
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L

SR5 Pathfinder battlegroup (130pts)
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L

===================
Scourge 2x Starter - 1197pts
Scourge - 5 launch assets

SR12 Vanguard battlegroup (224pts)
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
1 x Raiju - 160pts - H
+ Fleet Champion (40pts, 3AV)

SR8 Line battlegroup (176pts)
1 x Ifrit - 110pts - M
3 x Nickar - 66pts - L

SR14 Line battlegroup (382pts)
2 x Wyvern - 210pts - M
4 x Djinn - 172pts - L

SR8 Line battlegroup (171pts)
1 x Chimera - 105pts - M
3 x Nickar - 66pts - L

SR7 Pathfinder battlegroup (204pts)
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
>>
>>51246398
Something tells me the UCM would go for them no matter what. They've been using the Abandonists as political scapegoats for over a hundred years.

It's very telling that when they first met the UCM, the UCM's first response - before even asking how they had survived, why they should be trusted, etc - was to say "Ey, admit you were wrong, admit it, say you're sorry."

I get the impression the PHR knew nothing they could do initially could stop the UCM from warring on them once the Cradle Worlds were taken, so they decided to stall them and let the war lengthen until new info surfaced that would direct the UCM's anger elsewhere. Which is basically what has happened with the Shaltari.
>>
>>51246988
Also, since the Shaltari are specifically trying to keep humans and scourge from winning, the better to just murder each other, the PHR could conceivably be trying to keep the UCM from looking like they're winning too much, to keep the Shaltari from intervening more aggressively (or destructively).

Kill a few regiments and contest a few landing sites to keep the Shaltari from leaking UCM homeworlds to the scourge as early, or worse.
>>
>>51246944
>1200 point game
That's a fairly strange points cost, but it's nice to see that each is exactly 6 cruisers, 8 frigates, and 6 corvettes.

Since those are clash sized games, I'd make the Sanfran BG into a pathfinder BG, and split the Berlin BG equally into two line BGs, 1 Berlin 2 Toulon each.

Same thing for the Scourge, with their Chimera BG and their Wyvern BG.

Otherwise, they look fairly solid. I'm a bit concerned about the UCM's gun firepower, but the Scourge have enough CAW and better launch to counter it.
>>
>>51246988
Yes they disliked the abandonists, but this pales in comparison to their hatred of the scourge.

There would have been some initial distrust, but a group of fellow humans, with valuable intelligence and maybe logistical support would have been very welcome. Instead it was a group of arrogant jerks who basically said do as we say. There was no olive branch because the PHR don't give a shit about the cradle worlds.

If the PHR knew the UCM were never going to go for it, that is actually worse. They just revealed their existence and antagonized a hostile power for nothing.

Moreover, they are so far actually wrong about reconquest. The UCM has made great strides to retake cradle worlds. They achieve complete surprise and evidence has shown the scourge are staying put for now while they try to breed human hosts. This is in spite lots of PHR opposition and sabotage.

If the PHR has teamed up with the UCM it would have been a sure victory provided all the scourge are located in cradle world space. Instead they created an enemy because only space ball goals matter to them.
>>
>>51230956

to be quite honest, PHR are mor elike Not!Tau mixed with (Chaos Space marines in spirit only) who are hipster cyber-elitist social justice warriors.

my favorite faction
>>
>>51247482

The fall of the EAA is two grandfathers out, anon. Everybody that had a real opinion on the Scourge is dust that's gotten itself back into the ecosystem somehow, and these are the indoctrinated grandchildren of indoctrinated grandchildren, a society with the spontaneous social commitment to carry out interstellar invasions at appalling cost, over and over. What we have here is the centuries-on ramifications of an off-the-cuff social engineering decision that nobody at the time thought would be particularly relevant come the day. Only it is, and if the UCM isn't spent after the cradle worlds campaigns, they ain't stopping.
>>
>>51247482
>If the PHR has teamed up with the UCM it would have been a sure victory provided all the scourge are located in cradle world space.

And I'm saying there was never a chance of that lasting.

The UCM in some ways hates the Abandonists more than the Scourge. There was always going to be a fight.

The original diplomatic message seems to have been a "eh, just try it" attempt to stall the UCM while the PHR entrenched themselves. We now know that they've been preparing to retake a bunch of Cradle Worlds for ages - they've probably got their tendrils in all of then, and seemed to have been cooperating with the Asgard resistance for quite some time.

>There was no olive branch because the PHR don't give a shit about the cradle worlds.

They clearly do though. There was no olive branch because the UCM didn't really want one. They wanted to PHR to bow down and say they were bad and wrong for everything that happened in the past, and then assist the UCM in taking the Cradle Worlds back for itself. There was no way they'd ever have willingly let the PHR take any of them, and that's pretty much unacceptable from the viewpoint of a stellar power.
>>
>>51247482
Honestly, aside from the PHR and Shaltari dickery, the Reconquest is going extremely well so far.

Literally, the Scourge are losing on all fronts.
Eden? Beaten.
Elysium? Beaten.
Olympus? Beaten, though at great cost.
Ferrum? Beaten. Scourge objectives not accomplished.
Aluminia? Scourge objective accomplished, at hard cost to themselves. Not a huge amount of military value.
Magnanum? Looking to be a nasty grind-out fight. All the cards are in the UCM's hands, and the system is of little value.

So, when you are attacking a technologically superior opponent who's got an 180 year lead on you in fortifying, who is also 1.5x numerically superior in their space fleet--- and you're winning on all fronts including repulsing a surprise counter attack? That's called winning. Even with PHR and Shaltari dickery.
>>
>>51248999
>Maganum
You mean Wolfrum, right?

In any case, Aluminia is actually very important, and would have been a massive blow to the UCM had they not taken Elysium.
>>
>>51248999

The UCM is really behind schedule, Eden is the only true success, and their strategic reserve is fully committed- that's the big one, things could swing against them at any point from here on out. Ironically if it weren't for the PHR's second front, they'd have lost momentum.
>>
>looking into dzc
>Plastic starter is only like 30 bucks

Well fuckin A that's cheap.
>>
>>51241229
>Best Girl
>When the Aurelia Felix exists
>implying
>>
So the resistance is getting a a dude in a tilt rotor as a hero? Along with the tilt rotor being a transport for resistance special forces? Then you have some hatchet man guy? What vehicle does he use?
>>
File: 153456123.jpg (118KB, 999x465px) Image search: [Google]
153456123.jpg
118KB, 999x465px
>>51250010
Be aware, there's some loss of detail in the plastics compared to the Resin. Most of the vehicles only lose a bit of detail, but the infantry take the biggest hit.

Especially the PHR, pic related. The other factions are still workable, but the PHR goes from faceless death masked warriors to 1950's Sci Fi robots.
>>
>>51250886
Shit, I forgot, the infantry are metal. Still applies, but I shouldn't try and create when its late.
>>
>>51248999
>Aluminia? Scourge objective accomplished, at hard cost to themselves. Not a huge amount of military value.
Yeah, being able to feed yourself is irrelevant, militarily.
>>
Starting in to DZC/DFC, going UCM. For DropZone I currently have 2 of the starter boxes and 2 Raven troop transports. What should I get next? Im starting new with a group of friends so I dont know anyone who has played it locally for advice on the next purchases.
>>
>>51251256
Kodiak is pretty useful, along with some Wolverines. Play around with this list builder inna OP and see what you come up with.
>>
>>51251310
Are there only 2 books at the moment? Have the core book in hand, with the expansion on the way. See a lot of units in shops not in the core rulebook.
>>
>>51251327
There's currently:
DZC 1.1 (core)
Reconquest: Phase 1 (expansion 1)
Reconquest: Phase 2 (expansion 2)

DFC 1.0 (core)
>>
>tfw you thought of something brilliant for the Pete

>Pete
UF-4200:
UF-4200:
Cobra: ...; Burnthrough(6), flash, coupled-1
Cobra: ...; Burnthrough(6), flash, coupled-1
Shark missiles:

>coupled-X
>weapons with coupled-X function identically to weapons with linked-X. If a weapon with coupled-X is fired in addition to any other weapons with coupled-X or linked-X, the attacking ship gains a minor spike.
>>
>>51251713
Then it would just be another Perth and would need to be almost as expensive. It's in a decent place right now, it can't accomplish as much as a Perth on standard orders but it's also a whole lot cheaper.
>>
>>51251894
Nah, because RaW that would give the Pete a major spike every time it fired both lasers, just with the added benefit of being able to turn.

It really depends on how viable it actually is in game, where enemies are trying to avoid its laser of doom.
>>
File: 153183331.jpg (208KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
153183331.jpg
208KB, 800x800px
Any idea how the default UCM scheme in dropfleet was painted?

The shading looks... inhuman.
>>
>>51251961
It looks to just be a base coat with a black wash, followed by highlighting on the edges.

Maybe a very, very light airbrush of black glaze after the wash?
>>
>>51251942
That wording is misleading and thus garbo, you'd want to write it as "whenever a ship fires two or more 'coupled' weapons during its activation it gains a major spike."

I still don't think it would be particularly balanced, considering a potential 12 damage shot can cripple literally anything. That's the sort of thing you want to shackle to Weapons Free so you aren't just handing the UCM a 155 point BB Deleter with a 90 arc firing arc.
>>
>>51251961
It is supposed to be white primer, intermediate blue. Then black wash
>>
I noticed something interesting; the jaw on the Hector and the Bellerophon juts out, while the jaw on the Achilles, Ganymede, and Orpheus is flush with the prow.
>>
>>51254245
It's the double laser that's responsible for the underbite.
>>
>>51252899
how on earth do you wash with nuln oil on a smooth surface and not make it look like an oily dirty mess?
>>
I want to lick Madrid's thrusters.
>>
>>51254532
Airbrush and I think they use a thinner ink not nun oil.
>>
>>51254532
Inhuman precision.
Possibly... Posthuman precision.
>>
>>51248999
The Reconquest is considered to be behind schedule and the UCM's entire reserve is fully stuck in things at this point. The major fights on those planets have been won but none of the Cradle Worlds attacked so far have been entirely cleansed of Scourge presence or secured fully enough that they can begin producing on the UCM's behalf. Eden Prime is the closest and it's still not there, though the UCM is hoping to draw warm bodies from the local resistance into their military.

The fucking of Aluminia is really important too, it produced a lot of what the UCM's military ate. Last I checked, humans need food to function as soldiers. Or just to function.
>>
>>51254532
>>51254532
Pray to Saint Duncan for guidance, anon.
>>
>>51252559

How many people listing recommendations for upgrades have even played the thing enough yet.

It only looks rough on paper. 12 damage is fucking huge. Even two turns of shooting is going to be very effective. For 155 points its a steal.
>>
>>51255766
I want degenerates to leave
>>
File: i dont need it.png (1MB, 946x642px) Image search: [Google]
i dont need it.png
1MB, 946x642px
Asking because I'm going insane over here still waiting for ships.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12130978
>>
>>51256647
True, but the planets taken by the UCM aren't producing anything for the Scourge either, and since they don't have backups like the humans do it's a bigger deal for them.
Wars never go according to the schedule and I don't think anybody actually expected it to, thinking that reserves would actually stay in reserve during a full scale invasion against an equal opponent is wishful thinking at best.

Aluminia getting fucked up is a major blow to the UCM though, they'd better get Elysium up and running asap. A food crisis is the last thing you want in an interstellar war.

>>51256711
Technically it's 16 potential damage. Don't underestimate those medium mass drivers, they can carry the day sometimes.
>>
>>51257140
>thinking that reserves would actually stay in reserve during a full scale invasion against an equal opponent is wishful thinking at best.

No anon, that's the most important thing that has happened. The UCM can no longer address a local reverse without proportionately weakening another active front of equal importance. Completely tapped out.

They are in "this war can be lost in a really bad afternoon/over the course of a fairly bad month" zone.
>>
>>51257140
>and since they don't have backups

...That we know of.

Also, there are a ton of bountiful Cradle Worlds humanity hasn't even tried to assault yet.
>>
>>51257561
The Scourge only has full control over 2 cradle worlds, that's hardly a ton. It's the same number as the UCM.
>>
>>51257790

The PHR really swung things in the UCM's favor there, not that the UCM is likely to admit it.

The UCM strategy seems workable, the Scourge have a corresponding problem with how they need to raid their Earth reserve every time they do something new (particularly after that massive blood-letting in Olympos). At some point it would get weak enough and then Earth gets hit.

Thing being, the UCM is bogged down and doesn't have a reserve- for all we know the strategy works out... and it's the PHR Grand Fleet that makes landings in the South American glorious ancestral cyber-Heimat, as the UCM gnashes its teeth while locked in a multi-front stalemate.
>>
>>51257948
>and it's the PHR Grand Fleet that makes landings in the South American glorious ancestral cyber-Heimat
When did that happen?
>>
>>51257974

Speaking hypothetically, things keep going as they have been and the PHR is positioned to kill-steal the reconquest.
>>
>>51257490
That would need to be a really bad afternoon, with every single significant front being wiped out at once by an overwhelming force that could keep up the momentum through every other front afterwards. Even then I'm not sure that would do the trick since there are still shipyard planets the Scourge don't know about.

If they know when to cut their losses (though I'll be honest here, the chances of that aren't great) then they could simply retreat and regroup if faced with an obviously superior fleet. Losing a planet is a huge setback but it's not the end of the war.

PHR could possibly defeat the UCM in a month, and Shaltari definitely could. But I'm not so sure about the Scourge, the war has taken a massive toll on them as well. Unless they can pull a big second fleet out of their collective ass, in that case the UCM should just give up because the universe is obviously conspiring to fuck it over.

>>51257948
I dunno, Earth is likely to be the last place the UCM hits so unless faction X or the Shaltari work as a Scourge substitute they'd be free to fight over Earth with the bosthumans.
>>
>tfw Hawk forums are 503
>>
>>51258187

Really bad afternoon- Major planetary battlefleet annihilated.

Particularly bad month- ground forces in a principle theater collapse.

Responding to either of those by redeploying committed forces from a theater that then subsequently experiences its own reverses can get the boulder rolling downhill pretty fast- that's the immediate, certain way that will get them.

Uncertain is what happens in the long term if the reconquest actually stalls, not just the momentum of it.
>>
File: IMG_2538.jpg (268KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2538.jpg
268KB, 1600x1200px
So, people at the store are picking up this game and I want to have a go as well. Having read the rulebook, the PHR has the best lore, but I am not sure what to actually buy. here are my thoughts from what I get so far, in order of interest:
- PHR has bitchin' walkers and a super-slick look that also seems pretty quick to paint. The slow-plodding combat style might not that hot though since I like playing agressive.
- Resistance has a whole bunch of lovely tanks and planes but their other units look awful. With all the battle damage these might be nice to customize. Also, no actual dropships, apparently?
- Shaltari has awesome multi-limbed walkers and neat portals, but everything else looks boring as sin. Also, not sure about their playstyle.
- UCM are kinda interesting in some aspects, but they are mostly army dudes doing army things with army gear. Meh.
- The Scourge looks awful. Like, holy shit, these are horrible. Cool fluff, though.
Any advice/recommendation/red-pill for a newcomer?
>>
The scourge only control the Earth system without any serious contest at the current point.

Eden Prime, Elysium, and Olympus are under some degree of UCM control

Tlalocan and Asgard are both under some degree of PHR control

Shangri-La is contested between UCM, PHR, and Scourge

Aaru is being contested by Shaltari

Scourge are pretty far on the back foot at this point, hence why the shaltari leaked the UCM colony coordinates
>>
>>51258567
if you like being fast and aggressive man sad to say the scourge are where you are at.

As far as a newcomer, the PHR/UCM are probably easiest to learn to play and do well with, the PHR are especially forgiving due to their high armor/durability and excellent firepower/range

Shaltari have an intial learning curve that makes them tricky, but once grasped they become pretty easy to pull off BS moves with.

Scourge are probably the toughest faction, they are no forgiving of mistakes and can either punch hard or crumple like tissue paper

Resistance is somewhere between PHR and Scourge on the spectrum

Shaltari playstyle is fairly standoff use gate mechanics to avoid serious fights or get to important locations quickly. Basically they try to remain highly agile and control where the fighting occurs to their favor.
>>
>>51258567
>PHR
They've recently gotten some pretty fast and aggressive options in the more recent expansions, so you can go hard and fast rather than slow and slammin.

>Resistance
Resistance are weird; they've got hovercraft instead of dropships, subterranean drills, swarm units and solid tanks.

>Shaltari
Shaltari are the most fragile and most mobile with firepower equivalent to the UCM; they're meme gimmicks: the faction and are cheeki breeki sneeki deeki cunts that can teleport their shit all over the battlefield while everyone else needs transports.
Additionally, their grav tanks are flash and you have bad taste.

>UCM
Close; they're army dudes doing army things with army gear with A I R S U P E R I O R I T Y.

>Scourge
Old stuff, new stuff, or all stuff? Don't be talking shit about the giant enemy crab, senpai.

>Any advice/recommendation/red-pill for a newcomer?
Don't bother starting off with a plastic starter unless you're really hurting for cash; resin and metal detail is well worth it, and starter units aren't necessarily competitive in a developed local meta. They're not BAD persay, but the more interesting lists don't share that many units with the starter sets.
>>
>>51257974
It didn't happen literally.

They just discovered that while they had been busy trying to get the planets they've landed on under control, the PHR had utterly dominated the Tlalocan system and is clearly much larger than previous estimates.

Initially the UCM thought the PHR was deploying only in tiny engagements because it didn't have the assets to actually take anything. Now it's clear that they have way, way, way more than originally thought, and they're basically just letting the UCM get bogged down while they grab planets it has no easy access to.
>>
>>51258567
>PHR has bitchin' walkers and a super-slick look that also seems pretty quick to paint. The slow-plodding combat style might not that hot though since I like playing agressive.

PHR have gained a lot of fast-moving stuff since the game's initial release.

Valkyries for example are the premiere fast-moving, maneuverable troops for getting around and grabbing objectives, with Medusae coming in a hot second (being a bit less maneuverable but much, much killier).
>>
>>51258359
>Uncertain is what happens in the long term if the reconquest actually stalls, not just the momentum of it.
Probably desperation tactics with "cheap" solutions. Like RKVs and other shit. Things that fuck up the worlds forever.

"If we can't have it no one will"
>>
>fucking around with DFC lengths and distances on google maps
>realize that a 6" distortion bubble could eat a major city whole
[scared]
>>
>>51259086
>realize I was just using the radius
>the full diameter could swallow the city and the burbs all the way out the rural area
[SCARED]
>>
File: UCM color test.jpg (346KB, 1356x628px) Image search: [Google]
UCM color test.jpg
346KB, 1356x628px
which of these color swatches would look the best you guys think?

Im leaning to the tan-ish yellow and dark grey on the front of the nose
>>
>>51259343
I like the tan yello and grey too; go for it, anon.
>>
> run demo game for friends
> they both keep strike carriers grouped near flagships, out of atmosphere despite repeatedly being informed that they have outlier (and what it means) and how much protection atmosphere offers

> scourge sc gets nailed sitting over central objective in low orbit, before dropping anything
> wyvern slips in between Moscow-and-scs and Berlin-and-Toulons battlegroups, blows up Berlin, nails Toulons in hard radiation bubble, wyvern goes up and nails both UCM scs in its debris blast
>Scourge wins by one surviving sc
I warned them about chain reactions too. I mean, it was really funny, and their first game, but I also don't get it.
>>
>>51259112
To be honest that's pretty normal for sc-fi.

Halo slipspace drives can eat cities. A poorly timed 40K Warp transition can ignite an Earth-type planet's entire atmosphere.

Until Rogue One, the only sci-fi universe I could think of where it's safe to go into hyperspace while planetside was Steven Universe.
>>
>>51259432
For some people the idea that it's not all about shooting enemy ships in spess is hard to grasp.
>>
SC = Strike Carrier
TS = Troopship

I was curious about how much the various ratios of common objective ships cost, so I whipped this up.

>UCM objective assets
6 SC: 192 pts
1 TS, 4 SC: 239 pts
2 TS, 2 SC: 286 pts
2 TS, 4 SC: 350 pts

>Scourge objective assets
6 SC: 192 pts
1 TS, 4 SC: 233 pts
2 TS, 2 SC: 274 pts
2 TS, 4 SC: 338 pts

>PHR objective assets
6 SC: 234 pts
1 TS, 4 SC: 286-291 pts
2 TS, 2 SC: 338-348 pts
2 TS, 4 SC: 416-426 pts

>Shaltari objective assets
2 TS, 6 VG: 290 pts
3 TS, 9 VG: 435 pts

Conclusion: PHR are the most expensive in general, UCM and Scourge are fairly equal, Shaltari swing between "more expensive than UCM/Scourge" and "more expensive than PHR", depending on how many motherships they take.
On one hand, Shaltari generally have the most access to armor, and their teleportation game is stronk. On the other, they are the most points inefficient when it comes to how many ground assets they can put down.

>UCM points per asset
Armor: 32
Infantry (SC): 32
Infantry (TS): 18.5

>Scourge
Armor: 32
Infantry (SC): 32
Infantry (TS): 17.5

>PHR
Armor: 39
Infantry (SC): 39
Infantry (TS): 21.67-22.5

>Shaltari
Infantry: 48.33
Armor: 48.33
>>
>>51255867
but the artist posted a picture of all the paints he used. There is only nuln oil.
>>
File: 20161017_194942.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161017_194942.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>51261858
>>
>>51262045
>5.24mb
Can you shrink that, sir?
>>
>>51262061
Not from my phone.
It's the same from your assembly instructions.
>>
Forums are back up.
>>
>>51262658
I was kind of hoping for a website update.
>>
>>51262761
Eh, if that were the case then the home page would be down too, not just the forums.
>>
Are heavy guns for PHR as bad as they're said to be?

I'm fucking around on anydice with them, and while they are worse than the medium guns raw damage wise, they do have a non-trivial increase in the probability to do 2 damage each attack, taking armor into account.

http://anydice.com/program/a6e1

Is the fact that they're more likely to do 2 damage than the medium guns are worth it, or do they really need extra damage?
In fact, from looking at the statistics, they're just more likely overall to do damage, beating out the mediums by several percentage points at doing 1 or 2 damage

The medium batteries all only have between a ~7% and ~17% chance to do 3 or more damage, anyways.
>>
Can you write a very quick description of what kind of wargame DZC is?
>>
>>51264033
On the other hand, Shaltari particle lances DEFINITELY need to be bumped up to 2+, otherwise they're inferior to disintegrators in literally every way, shape, and form. At 2+ lock, they range from "much higher probability to do two damage" to "acceptably higher probability to do two damage", with disintegrators still having a respectable probability ranging from 30-40% (batteries) and 20-30% (banks) to do 3 or more damage.

http://anydice.com/program/a6e2

I'd go so far as to say that in addition to the 2+ buff, the granite should possibly get linked on its lances. They'd be brought up to semi-parity with disintegrators, but them being F(N) with a low max damage would warrant linked in my opinion, along with a reasonable points increase.
>>
>forums are down again
>>
>>51264332
The main buzzwords and buzzphrases used to describe it are:
>objective focused
>combined arms
>rapid mobility and redeployment
>fast paced and deadly
What each of these mean, in turn, are:
>the game rewards you more for playing to the scenario than killing the enemy; you can be nearly tabled by the other guy and still win by a huge margin
>infantry, light vehicles, heavy vehicles, and aircraft all play an important roll, and it's outright to build a list without certain types of units. You cannot go pure tank with no infantry, nor can you go full infantry, or full air, or anything like that. The armylist outright prevents it, and you'd be ineffective at scoring anyways.
>most units are very slow; on a 48" board, the only things that have more than 4" of movement are gravtanks/skimmers and aircraft. Everything else relies on dropships to move around
>pretty much everything punches above its weight; main battle tanks will die from one damage, and shit generally dies FAST without proper cover. There are only a few units in the game that can really tank stuff, and not for more than one or two turns if they're lucky. The game itself only lasts for six turns.
>>
>>51264332
10mm battalion- regiment sized combat game

The theme of the game is everything uses dropships for rapid deployment. Objective focused. Vastly different factions which are very balanced. Some poor internal balance with some of the older units.

Fluff is far future human race gets it shit wrecked by alien geiger body snachers. Only fringe colony worlds survive because they were unknown. 1% of the population also escapes to join alien AI and become cyber humans. Also there are space hedgehog like eldar that are cocks.

Now its 160 years later and colonies have built a massive warmachine to kick the fucking shit out of the geiger aliens. Cyber humans are sometimes dicks and sometimes not. Hedgehogs continue to be dicks. Geiger aliens getting shit pushed in, but getting ready to rally.
>>
>>51264618
>Cyber humans are sometimes dicks and sometimes not.

>ball lickers
>not always dicks
>>
>>51264601
>>51264618
Thanks!
The dropship mechanic sounds interesting. You also need to protect the dropships I assume?
>>
>>51264033
They're good one thing, but they're not good enough that it's worth taking them, imo. You get the Achilles for its torpedo, not for its heavy guns.

They just don't have the level of consistency you'd want when trading in the possibility for more overall damage via more shots. The batteries on the battleships are genuinely good, as they will do some real work, but those four shots on the Achilles are completely underwhelming.
>>
>>51264807
True, but the biggest thing is that, functionally speaking, their heavy guns are equivalent to UCM 6400's (with a HUGE upside) at the cost of worse arcs, while their medium guns are equivalent to UCM 4200's.

The problem isn't external balance, but rather internal between mediums and heavies.
>>
>>51264774
Very much so; a dropship being shot down means you can't move its cargo around anymore, since squads have a specific dropship to use. A dropship being shot down while carrying its cargo is almost assured to destroy its cargo too.
>>
>>51264639
Look I am as good an ultra rage thriving red blooded jelly stomping machine as the rest of them, but we really don't know what PHRs motives are.

We all know they fucked up big attacking the EAA fleet and those fucking chodes should have admitted their cockery and helped us out with reconquest, but their motives might be for the greater good. The fluff ain't developed that far yet.
>>
Guys, guys
what if a weapon
had d6+ lock
what if faction x had stuff that super random in every way
>>
>>51265112
> We all know they fucked up big attacking the EAA fleet and those fucking chodes should have admitted their cockery and helped us out with reconquest,
> they should be responsible for the actions ofa bunch of eea citizens
> they are not helping the reconquest
Baseline, you are killing me, senpai.
>>
>>51265138
>metastable vacuum generator
>2d3+ lock; d6 attack; d6 damage; chaotic
>chaotic: any one roll made for this weapon may be rerolled per firing. The new reusult always stands.
>>
>>51265164
LOOK AT MY FACE AND KNOW MY SPITE IS ETERNAL. I HAVE HAD JUST ABOUT ENOUGH OF YOUR SHIT, KEEP IT UP AND YOU ARE GOING TO BE NEXT BALL LICKER!

>>51265138
Get out of here GW
>>
>>51265112
>We all know they fucked up big attacking the EAA flee

Saved millions of people from the Scourge. They were completely correct to heed the warning, and if more people had done so, more of humanity would have survived.

>should have admitted their cockery and helped us out with reconquest

They've already reconquered a whole system though, maybe two. They've even gotten to the stage where they're building up and exploiting the Tlalocan moons, which the UCM hasn't gotten around to doing on any of its fronts, due to still having Scourge stuff around to clean up.
>>
>>51265241
>Get out of here GW
>he doesn't want a 2+ lock 6 attack 6 damage weapon
>or one that's 6+ lock 1 attack 1 damage
>or anything in between
I take it you're not a gambling man, anon.
>>
File: hahhhh.png (634KB, 618x628px) Image search: [Google]
hahhhh.png
634KB, 618x628px
>PHR does shadowy manipulation better than the Shaltari
>PHR does reconquest better than the UCM

Quick, what unique things do the Scourge do that the PHR can be better at?
>>
>>51264910
Nice. I'll give the rules a read.

Also why did people wanting to listen to the alien/AI's warning trigger a civil war?
>>
>>51265313
I was just making a joke, but gambles like that are not what you want.

The issue is two fold. One it doesn't really make sense from a theme perspective. Why does your gun murder everything sometimes and other times does not? Drop Universe is not hard sci fi, but it does have a realistic theme to its style.

The other is strictly balance. It is near impossible to balance such a weapon. There is no advantage to doing things that way other than to make them kind of wacky. It creates a bad feeling in either yourself or your opponent. Either you weapon does fucking nothing and you feel like shit or it punches above its weight and your opponent feels cheated. There is no strategy to it. You are just rolling dice and hoping for an outcome. This only works for Orks because their theme is wackiness and wild outcomes. Even then, not a lot of people like it. It doesn't fit at all in Drop.
>>
>>51265364
Big Fucking Artillery

>>51265375
Because the abadonists stole a huge amount of supplies, resources, and both civilian and military vessels.
Naturally, the reigning government at the time didn't want what was essentially a secessionist movement to abscond with all that.
>>
>>51265375
>Also why did people wanting to listen to the alien/AI's warning trigger a civil war?

It wasn't really a civil war, it was a space battle that didn't even last an hour.

Basically, the AI said that an enemy was coming that would destroy mankind if they didn't GTFO fast, and that there was no hope of winning. Anyone that wanted to live and maybe get their homes back one day needed to assemble above Vega a year from then.

There was a of unrest over this, and eventually the EAA banned private, commercial, and military spacecraft from going anywhere near Vega, pushing the idea that the whole thing was a hoax. People didn't like this, and has the cutoff date approach lots of dudes sailed out in defiance of the decree, many of them commandeering military ships.

The EAA assembled a fleet to stop them. When they got to Vega, the AI transmitted coordinates for a jump, telling them it had made their foldspace drives accurate even without destination nodes (which humans need to get anywhere at FTL in this setting). The EAA fleet told the Abandonists that anyone powering up their foldspace drives would be fired on, so those Abandonist ships with guns decided to fire first and give everyone else a chance to flee. The battle was short but fought at almost point-blank, resulting in serious casualties.
>>
>>51265481
I know, I'm just memeing as well
Well, not entirely; it'd make a really freaky supercapital weapon
>>
>>51265486
>It wasn't really a civil war, it was a space battle that didn't even last an hour.
Millions died, anon.
>>
>>51265518
Well, yeah. Millions can die in an event and it still wouldn't be a war.

That said, I don't think millions did die. Most of the Abandonists managed to fold out and I'm pretty sure the EAA's tiny, undermanned peacetime fleet didn't contain that many people.
>>
>>51265482
>>51265486
They should have just let those who wanted to go away to do so as long as they did it via private means.
>>
>>51265575
That may have been fine if it were a small group, but we're literally talking 1-2% of the entire human population here. That's a HUGE amount of people to run off on the word of an alien AI.
>>
>>51265575
Yeah, pretty much.

It's double stupid considering the EAA made no attempt to stop people from privately colonizing the distant Colonial Worlds that would eventually become the UCM. The situation isn't exactly the same, in that those people were headed in a less uncertain direction, but they were still essentially split from the main EAA government.
>>
>>51265599
It's an interesting social & economic situation to be sure. I was going to ask why the AI couldn't show them any proof or at least a semblance of proof, but I guess it's because the body snatchers were traveling at FTL and there is no tech to detect such travel, unlike what you could for sub-light travelers.

>>51265638
Maybe one situation was seen as private enterprise based colonization like in real history (though without black and white slavery, one hopes!) and the other was seen as one part of your population emigrating en masse. But then in the first case they should have been wary indeed because we all know what happened between the UK and what became the US.
>>
>>51265599
Considering this, I'm surprised the UCM assumed they had a definite, vast numerical advantage over the PHR.

Supposedly, 95% of humanity was killed/enslaved by the Scourge. Most of the guys that went to Vega escaped, so roughly 1.5 of humanity's population. That leaves 3.5 for the UCM to be built upon.

That's a difference, certainly, but it's not that huge a difference, and it will most certainly have been offset by stuff like posthumans having much longer lives, being less prone to accidental death, better medical tech meaning lower rates of death by disease or infant mortality, etc.
>>
>>51265713
If the posthumans pretty much stopped reproducing then the UCM should have a numerical advantage. Like if the UCM population was doubling or tripling every X years whereas the PHR just added a bunch of new people to its population every year. Perhaps it's interpolated from the way the demographics of the most developed countries behave compared to the least developed countries'?
>>
>>51265710
>based colonization like in real history (though without black and white slavery, one hopes!)

Speak for yourself.
>>
>>51265844
>slaver faction
>>
>>51265844
Scourge pls go
>>
>>51265575
No that is pretty dumb when you think about it.

Look at it this way. Lets say someone does the same thing in modern earth to the UK. They manage to be convincing so a bunch of people go to greenland to await salvation. It would first essentially destroy the economy as vast people stopped working. Its about 1-2 million people that just get up to leave the country. Worse still the poorer ones resort to stealing stuff to allow their own exodus. This includes transportation, food, and equipment. This further damages the country as people count on that stuff to keep things functioning. Then part of the military defects. Now there is no security for the nation. That many people just up and leaving would destroy a way of life.

Then imagine surprise it was actually the fucking Germans and now they take advantage of the chaos to simply invade and conquer. You just set you self up for exactly what you feared.

Back in Drop Universe, add in two things. One space travel is still kind like the age of sail. It is still hard to go very far, they only have so many ships to go around. Losing thousands of them is completely unsustainable never mind the population. Instead of one country this problem has effected numerous worlds and untold billions of people are feeling its effects.

The other is everything happening up until the arrival of the sphere. The human race was in a golden age mostly of its own design. The only alien race they had met was the hogs who immediately tried to dick them over. Then another alien shows up and causes immediate havoc. The EAA had every right to be wary. The abandonists leaving is a bad bad gamble that only paid off in hindsight (it might have led to just another type of slavery we dont know). The damage done to the EAA fleet also perhaps ruined any chance of defensing the human zone. Even if they would still lose, it might have ment more people could have escaped. (or maybe thelocation of the colonies revealed who know)
>>
>>51265925
>Its about 1-2 million people that just get up to leave the country.
640k to 1.2m, actually*
>>
>>51265925
>Then imagine surprise it was actually the fucking Germans and now they take advantage of the chaos to simply invade and conquer.

Except the Sphere wasn't the Scourge, and humanity was still going to lose hard even if the Abandonist thing hadn't happened.

And you can't really stop people leaving if they want to, especially if your other option is a bloody civil war. The only reason so many of them stole supplies and transportation was because they couldn't get a legal trip out there.
>>
>>51265925
>Worse still the poorer ones resort to stealing stuff to allow their own exodus.
Unless the people who want the exodus and can transport a number of people provide them with it. I don't think this is exactly rare in a rapture cult like situation. Or even poor people pooling resources together to buy ships, even a single one could accommodate a lot of people, logically. But I don't know the specifics of EAA ship tech.
>This includes transportation, food, and equipment.
And really, let's be realistic, how much can they steal? Unless the majority of the poor just start rioting. What is even a poor man in the Golden Age anyway? Did they exist?
>This further damages the country as people count on that stuff to keep things functioning.
Yeah the economic imbalance will happen in either case, and that's the main problem. But on the other hand people have the right to go away.
>Then part of the military defects. Now there is no security for the nation
The military defected only because of the restrictions though, didn't they? If there were no prohibitions then they would resign first and "defect" later, at which point they can be replaced anyway.
>>
>>51265713

Not much is known about the early days of the PHR. Just setting up on a new world is going to be tough. Lots of them probably would have not survived the trip because they just jumped on random ships with out supplies needed to create colonies.

However, the EAA colonies had functioning economies and facilities to fall in on. Things would have been rough at first, but after about a year or two the blow would have been absorbed. The human race was more or less united at that point within the EAA as well. Having a Unity of effort is an important part of establishing a society.

Then there is the never ending rage against eh scourge. After the idea of reconquest is put forth, it becomes time to make as many babies as possible. Operation Dropbaby would see mothers having larger families to ensure the human race is ready when the time comes. So take the UCMs already large advantage and maybe triple to accommodate the larger families.

In PHR land, once they got established there isn't the same drive for reconquest. Yes they need fleets and armies, but their focus is quality. Cyber augmenting everyone will take more time as well.
>>
>>51266038
Basically.
And regardless of who was at fault then, trying to hold PHR responsible for it now is just silly, and goes to show how insanely fanny flustered the UCM are.
>>
>>51266135
Their entire culture has devolved into being the most spiteful and vengeful things in the galaxy.
>>
>>51266085
>What is even a poor man in the Golden Age anyway? Did they exist?
Absolutely; the "Golden Age" is pretty much the American 1920's all over again (because Dave has a massive boner for Art Deco aesthetics), but this time with FTL and fusion power.
The rich got richer, the military-industrial complex got more contracts, and the plebs stayed plebs.
>>
>>51266184
FUCKING XENOS
FUCKING CYBORGS
GETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUT
>>
>divided humanity
>Earth lost
>REMOVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fos3eP1rHHA
>>
>>51266085
>What is even a poor man in the Golden Age anyway? Did they exist?

Yeah, they did. In fact, they were forced underground, as the rich didn't want to deface the Cradle Worlds with industrial shit and ugly mass housing like they'd done to Earth. So the poor of the Cradle Worlds were literally an unseen underclass that lived among the gears and cogs that drove the opulent lives of the surface folk. The Reconquest book actually goes into how a lot of the surface dwellers fled down there during the Scourge attack and got shanked by angry mobs.

It's kinda unsurprising that they decided to take the chance to leave.
>>
>>51266203
>FUCKING BODY SNATCHERS REEEEE
>FUCKING SMUG TRAITORS REEEE
>FUCKING SPIKY MANLETS REEEE

Im genuinely surprised that there isnt a UCM pepe floating around somewhere.
>>
>>51259511
>Steven Universe.
I really like the nod to Gargantia's machine calibre drives with the Ruby ships

>>51266237
>tfw no Gargantia spin off focused solely on Alliance vs Hideauze space fightan
>>
>>51266304
That should be a wargame.
>>
>>51266244
That's some interesting shit there. So is the Resistance made up mainly of them?
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (14KB, 399x295px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
14KB, 399x295px
>tfw when resistance tilt rotor and special forces guys aren't gonna be out till like april
>tfw when resistances tacticool blackguy isn't gonna be out till then

Fucking kill me.
>>
>>51266304
>I really like the nod to Gargantia's machine calibre drives

That was pretty nice. I never expected that show to have an entire episode dedicated to explaining the setting's FTL mechanics.

>>51266343
If I were to want a mecha wargame, it'd personally want something like FMA. Fucking godly designs.
>>
>>51265713
One point of contention about the 95% figure.

The way I read it, it was 95% of the population of a given planet, not necessarily of the overall human population. Backwater as they may have been, the worlds that became the UCM did have billions strong populations all their own. I'd say the UCM started with a significant advantage of numbers over the PHR by that reasoning, assuming I'm not retarded and misreading things.
>>
>>51266398
...Fullmetal Alchemist?
>>
>>51266375
Yup. The more feral "don't tread on me" ones are. Some are useful idiots for the PHR and others shack up with the UCM the first chance they get.
>>
File: salakhan.jpg (193KB, 1152x1600px) Image search: [Google]
salakhan.jpg
193KB, 1152x1600px
>>51266375
Yeah.

Basically, after the Scourge took over, they didn't care a huge amount about the bugs crawling around between their toes that the remaining humans were. They made a few raids on the larger survivor settlements that had established themselves belowground, but the gains often weren't worth the effort, and the deepest/smallest groups pretty much got away. With tons of food and supplies down there, they survived for a long time without even needing to go topside, and have only recently been doing so in the greater scheme of things due to pretty much all living memory of the invasion being gone now.

They're a mishmash of ragtag nomad bands, primitive underground villages, and Mad Max-ish technobarbarians. One of them, pic related, is the best villain the setting currently has.

>realize you're going to lose your tyrannical grip on the local humans when the UCM win against the Scourge take over
>fuck this
>detonate a fuckton of nukes under your domain, because if you can't have it nobody fucking can
>get away before anyone even realizes you did it

What a huge fucking faggot.
>>
>>51266424
Fuck, FMP.

It's been so long since I wrote it that I defaulted to the newer show.
>>
>>51266490
>>detonate a fuckton of nukes under your domain, because if you can't have it nobody fucking can
Also taking the occupying Scourge force, invading UCM forces, and a PHR taskforce in the city along with it*
>>
>>51266038
>The only reason so many of them stole supplies and transportation was because they were greedy fucks

Seriously though

It wasn't the Scourge, but the result is the same. The sphere divided the human race and created mass havoc, whether or not that was intentional is unknown.

There was nothing illegal about making a trip. It is a matter of limited resources. Essentially, you are advocating just turning to anarchy to follow some random cult bullshit. A cult with caused wide spread destruction of society.

>>51266135
The PHR are held responsible specifically because of how they treated first contact with the UCM. They identified themselves as followers of the white sphere. Then they specifically said they didn't come to reconile. They threw the gauntlet on the table, saying we are here, none of that shit was our fault or problem. Fuck the cradle worlds. When the UCM said leave we are doing their own thing.

The next result was the PHR attacking them.
>>
>>51266572
There would be no destruction of society if the EAA didn't start becoming fascist though. Having 1% of your population go doesn't translate to gg.
>>
>>51266572
>Then they specifically said they didn't come to reconile.

Nah, they actually said that they wouldn't apologize. Which is good, because their ancestors were heroes who saved a couple of million people from eternal parasitic torment.

Reconciliation, as in restoring friendly relations, was on the table. They just weren't going to do as the UCM high council demanded and say they were sorry, because they weren't.

>Fuck the cradle worlds.

They actually never said they wouldn't be going after them, just that it would be better to wait.
>>
>>51266642
As explained prior, you don't understand the numbers 1-2% of the population would be. And that only represents the amount of people that made it to Vega, not the ones that couldn't find transport or were stopped.

The fluff states as time went on communities became chaotic as people turned on each other in fear and theft of ships became common place.
>>
>>51266693
In the fluff, they specifically say they did not come to reconcile.
>>
File: Marcus Barros.jpg (106KB, 1143x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Marcus Barros.jpg
106KB, 1143x1600px
>>51266510
Salakhan is like the opposite of Marcus Brorros.

Salakhan:
>relies on cowardly sneak attacks despite having mad guns
>despised by every faction
>treats prisoners of war like shit
>hated in and out of fluff; even people who play Salakhan don't like him

Marcus:
>always announces himself before battle, always offers a chance to surrender
>beloved and respected by everyone, even enemies
>treats prisoners of war with utmost courtesy
>loved by the fanbase to the point where he's achieved meme status
>>
>>51266642
>stopping a mass exodus of citizens who stole state property is "fascist"
Wew
>>
>>51266767
>Marcus is a bro who shows newbies who to get the most gains and always provides a spot.
>Salakhan mocks you for starting with baby weight and doesn't re-rack.
>>
>>51266799
>stopping an exodus of citizens who are preparing to take a legal trip in their legally owned starships just because some other people are breaking the law
>>
>>51266767
I just realized how absurdly narrow Barros' waist is. He's not just Herculean, he's Disney Herculean.
>>
>>51266818
>stopping what has been preceeded by anarchist riots based entirely on the word of an alien, potentially leading millions of humans into a trap.
The EAA did nothing wrong at the time, only in hindsight.
>>
File: aaaargh.gif (2MB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
aaaargh.gif
2MB, 500x364px
>>51266806
>doesn't re-rack
>>
>>51266702
I do. It's fucking nothing.

In any case society devolved the way it did because EAA had a shit tier society, and also because of how humans operate psychologically. Even 0.1% of the population wanting to leave in an organized manner would have enormous impact on society.

>>51266851
>potentially leading millions of humans into a trap.
The odds were 50% for that. No justification whatsoever for assuming the other alternative is false. In fact if a hyper advanced alien AI wanted to kill humans it probably would have the forces to do so at its disposal and would simply obliterate them with a direct attack. Or it would opt for acting like a virus within mankind's systems and eventually shut everything down.
>>
>>51266851
Which still means they were totally wrong.

Though, I'd argue that stopping private citizens from leaving even with their own legally owned stuff is pretty wrong.

Anyway, I know it's super galling when a leap of faith actually works out for someone else, but it can't be denied that the Abandonists were right about the message, and the EAA was wrong. That is ultimately why the UCM hates the Abandonists so much. They made a blind jump and it worked out for them. They were right. Everyone who ended up at the colonies had to live with knowing that, had they taken the message seriously, they'd have avoided seeing their loved ones tortured and killed by squibblies and being displaced from their homes.
>>
>>51266941
>In fact if a hyper advanced alien AI wanted to kill humans it probably would have the forces to do so at its disposal

This.

The AI in the Sphere commandeered every single piece of digital information transmission in the entire human domain, simultaneously. It hacked EVERYTHING mankind had, over lightyears of distance, all at once.

Had it wanted to it could have completely destroyed human society then and there.
>>
>>51266986
>The AI in the Sphere commandeered every single piece of digital information transmission in the entire human domain, simultaneously. It hacked EVERYTHING mankind had
It only hacked SA, bruh.
>>
>>51266941
You obviously don't understand the numbers. That would be a huge fucking problem for any nation. More over, as I stated those were only the people that were able to get away.

>>51266818
How many people can have enough room on their private ship to take more than their family?

More over, like I was saying before, it is kind of like age of sale. You need a bunch of people just to run a fighter in the current age never mind a ship big enough to accommodate enough people with supplies. Most of those civilian vessels are cargo ships and cruise liners that were most likely also stolen. Its the only way they could fit that many people on that few amount of ships.
>>
>>51266767
>>51266806
>Marcus puts in a good word for you with Jocasta
>Salakhan says he'll let you use his b-list harem, but instead has them laugh at your dick
>>
Can someone run down for how each faction plays? Kinda looking for something fast but still rugged.
>>
>>51267062
>700k dead from a pop of 70M would be a huge fucking problem
Yeah. Because no society sustained much worse losses than that on top of getting their infrastructure wrecked, and still managed not to get disintegrated.
Also no one knows how many people died in the 2-second war. 1% of the population was able to get away, sure, except it might be very well the case that the total number wanting to escape was merely 1,1%.
>>
>>51267147
DZC or DFC?
>>
>>51267187

DZC.
>>
>>51267229
I mean, the closest you have to "fast and rugged" would be the UCM, simply because they're not slow like the PHR and not fragile like the Shaltari or Scourge.
That being said, the UCM is neither fast nor rugged in their own right, only compared to other factions.

Shaltari can be pretty rugged if you cheese the fuck out of walkers, skimmers, and shields, but they'll go down like wet paper if you ever do get hit.
>>
>>51267332

Not to impose anon but can you tell me how each faction plays then so I can get a better idea of the games factions? Really want to get into the game.
>>
>>51267159
It has nothing to do with them disintegrating. It has everything to do with that causing a huge fucking problem on society, inciting violence, encouraging theft, causing mass panic. No government in existence is going to tolerate that. That is what the fluff specifically says. That the levels of unrest it caused in the weeks leading up to the event because too much for society to handle without acting.This is what spurred the decision move the fleet to Vega.

It is not just about the people that died. Read the fluff again. The amount of people who escape was around 1% and that was the vast majority of people who had made it to Vega. That does not account for all the people that were not able to make it. Fluff says in the weeks leading up to the event everyone started to choose sides. There was sure to be a huge portion of people that were unable to make the journey for a majority of reasons. So it isn't just 1% of the population leaving society. It is 1% managing to escape plus hordes that could not plus, the sudden damage to infrastructure, people taking advantage of the mayhem etc etc.
>>
>>51267416
Basically it breaks down like this.

>UCM
>Efficient units, the second most "swarmy" in the game
>jack of all trades
>most utilitarian infantry, EXCELLENT air power
>lots of good utility stuff like artillery
>second toughest, good firepower, overall balanced

>Scourge
>FAST
>FRAGILE
>POWERFUL
>will either blow everything the fuck up, or get blown the fuck up
>best CQC in the game
>extremely close ranged
>lots of auxiliary and small units, like razorworms and the like

>PHR
>TOUGH
>POWERFUL
>SLOW (or fast, if you go skimmers +valks)
>really,REALLY tough
>not quite as powerful as Scourge, but powerful
>big robots with big guns
>not as utilitarian as UCM, but they do have good support
>mid ranged like UCM

>Shaltari
>FAST
>teleportan makes them super mobile
>FRAGILE, even moreso than the Scourge
>the have shields
>UCM tier firepower, but lots of crazy weapons that break the mold
>long ranged
>decent air power
>big tripod walkers with big guns
>>
>>51267935

So you'd sum up the scourge as the most aggressive out of the factions then? Sounds kinda fun to play balls out. Then again I like the idea of a toolbox that the UCM has to deal with things.

What's resistance then? Just jack of all trades?
>>
>>51268112
ah yeah, I forgot the resistance as usual

They're THE swarm faction backed up by elite groups of powerful tanks and vehicles; depending on what you take, they can be fast, slow and tough, powerful, somewhat weak, it just goes on.
They do have some of the better infantry in the game, though.
>>
Bump for Shaltari getting a light mothership.
>>
With 3 starter boxes this is what Im thinking for a 1500 UCM list. I like the flavor of lazers and bombers so thats what Im running a lot of.

Starter List - 1484pts
UCM - 9 launch assets

SR22 Vanguard battlegroup (429pts)
1 x St Petersburg - 155pts - H
2 x Berlin - 210pts - M

SR12 Line battlegroup (317pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
2 x Lima - 74pts - L

SR12 Line battlegroup (307pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M

SR5 Line battlegroup (132pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M

SR11 Pathfinder battlegroup (299pts)
4 x Taipei - 156pts - L
1 x Madrid - 79pts - M

Also plan to do a Yellow/White/Brown color scheme
>>
>>51269571
>Vanguard battlegroup
>sits in the backline and snipes shit
DAVE
>>
>>51269571
>not putting the Limas with the Vanguard
>six nawlins along with a troopship
That's a bit much objective stuff, anon.
>>
>>51269588
>>51269616
Havent played a game yet, just seeing what I can get points wise. Have only built 1 starter box, should I not build 6 New Orleans? Whats the benifit for the Limas going with the Vanguard?
>>
>>51269649
also forgot the Lima comment, just remembered its the scan ship so I understand now
>>
>>51269649
It's just that six nawlins is a lot of strike carriers for a 1500 point game; it's good for the low end of stuff on a battle sized game, though.

Having the Limas in the Vanguard ensures that you can mark targets before your lasers fire, regardless of your BG order.

>>51269588
In my experience I've found that "sniper ships" generally move up with the fleet, rather than hanging back. The jucier targets are further up the board anyways.
>>
>>51268112
resistance is kinda like a mix between PHR, and Scourge, also this >>51267935 anon is incorrect, PHR has the most firepower PERIOD (in DZC) no one can out fire power them ever even for a minute, not even the scourge. If you are playing against the PHR player DO NOT engage him in a direct stand up fight, hit and run, attack stragglers, or play to the objectives and get out of the way, anything else results in you getting BTFO badly.
>>
>>51268112
To add to >>51268191 , the Resistance has some seriously douchebag moves available to them, namely in the form of Drills, Sapper Teams and Technical hordes.

Drills mixed with Technicals in particular are my favorites - see that guy in the back of the board, being a cunt? Fuck that guy and everyone near him with 24 Technicals vomiting out of the ground, driven by Mad Max types flinging rockets around like party favors! They'll probably die, but not before being a MASSIVE nuisance and pulling shots away from your more valuable units.

Then there's the Hellhog, the NotA-10, one of the best fast movers in the game, that can transition from screaming interceptor to hovering death. It's tougher than any other fast mover out there, and can light up tanks and aircraft pretty well.

They have fun special characters too, like Gunnar the Ferryman - batshit crazy chainsaw wielding maniac and a bunch of his friends, flying around in a souped up dropship that shits rockets and napalm on things it doesn't like before disgorging it's maniac cargo into a building to wreak havoc on the poor sons of bitches inside.

The Resistance, IMO, is for the player who wants both charm and shenanigans in his army, mixed in with some of the best units in the game (and some serious bleh, but can't have everything).
>>
>>51270532
Don't forget Salakhan, which lets you take their superheavy command tank as a normal heavy choice.
>>
>>51270570
Oh yes, or Karl Foley who lets you take squadrons of aforementioned Hellhogs, and flies around in his own souped-up SPESS BRRRRT.

I could ramble on Resistance for hours, they're such a fun faction.
>>
Remodeled 1.0 Scourge when?
>>
What do you guys think of the design-a-unit competition on the forums? Some of the designs are pretty good, but a good few are pretty meh.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/119g5naapot2dxj/DFC%202016.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>51267009
No, it blacked out SA to make its escape.

It later hacked everything in human territory to transmit the message.
>>
>>51270532
Resistance is fun and the most aggressive force: Because they're all about alpha strike first, with specialized units.

Pick one: Are you John Connor, or Lord Humungus?

John Connor (allied) gets a card deck that allows crazy amounts of 'I go first, here's an alpha strike now I run', or here's some bonus UCM airstrikes or a free squad of UCM troops. Also, he packs UCM Stealth Fighters (?!) and UCM Delta Force Ultra-Commandos in Stealth Dropships (!!!)

Lord Humongus (Feral) gets some crappier cards, but available a bomber built by Orks, and a flying assault flamethrower full of chainsaw suicide men.

Both sub-factions of Resistance get to laugh it up as their 180 year old helicopters fuck up anything on the ground, and pickup trucks with AA cannons tear through enemy aircraft after being thrown, drifting out the side of old surplus cargo hovercraft. Not to mention the terror of 10 pissed off veteral STALKERS armed with stolen alien guns, doing drive-bys in a schoolbus.
>>
>>51272651
Fuck this talk about getting to have absolute bullshit fun with wackjob resistance fighters is getting to me. Shame no one plays DZC around here or I'd be buying as much as I could right now.
>>
>>51272651
>The Lord Humongous
>The Warrior of the Resistance
>The Ayatolla of Reconquestola
>>
Errata for Reconquest: Phase 2
Core rules:
p78. Change the R(c) on the Broadsword to 36” (from 24”).
p93. Change the Sh of the Overseer’s Ion Cradle to 6 (from 8). Add 15pts to its cost (now 190pts).
p121. Change the ‘
Slow to Traverse’ rule to be a ‘+4 modifier’ to reaction fire (instead of ‘+3’ modifier).
p123. Change the MF value on the Particle Cannon (High Power) shot for the Crocodile to 4” (instead of 2”).
p133. Change the transport for Attack ATVs to read '1x NT-1 Kraken (2-4 units each)'
(from 4 units each).
p139. Increase the Mv value to 24” (from 16”).
p140. Change the ex-marine rule to read Marine Force Recon Teams become
‘Troops’ choices in armies containing Famous Commander James Rodriguez.

>Some great changes here.
>>
>>51274129
Haven't played the game enough to know if that greentext is sarcasm
>>
>>51274534

Sorry, its not sarcasm!

Broadsword def needed a buff, Panther needed a nerf, maybe a bigger nerf.

The change to Idris Elda lets you field an army in light dropships.

I don't know aobut the skulltaker buff or the Croc, but non of them seem game breaking. The skulltaker one is very interesting.
>>
>>51272651

Yeah, that the choice. You are either Techcomm or Mad Max.
>>
What are you guys hoping for/expecting as Faction X's fluff?

I feel like there aren't that many real niches left. The Scourge do both the evil overlords and the space swarm thing, the PHR do the cyborgs and the AI thing, etc. UCM are both the plucky underdog MC humans and the totalitarian militaristic shithead humans. The Shaltari do almost every ancient ayy lmaos trope AND are the obligatory hornoraburu warrior race.

What would you guys say the setting is missing?
>>
>>51274641
Maybe something more alien than the Shaltari? Like another race that is perusing the Tennis Ball or actively in a conflict with the Shaltari as a whole which pins the Scourge and UCM inbetween a pissing contest.

I'd love to see more gravity manipulation or maybe borg style cutting beams/boarding as their CAW
>>
Trying to create a Glass conversion. Can any of you guys post size comparison pics of your corvette conversions next to other ships?
>>
File: vodyani.jpg (134KB, 1260x709px) Image search: [Google]
vodyani.jpg
134KB, 1260x709px
>>51274641
There's no religious faction and no energy being faction, so something like the Vodyani?

Honestly just the Vodyani would be really cool. They don't even have to explain how they got into Drop*universe, just have them turn up, I'd be fine with it. The fucking Arks would make amazing models.
>>
>>51269877
>If you are playing against the PHR player DO NOT engage him in a direct stand up fight, hit and run, attack stragglers, or play to the objectives and get out of the way, anything else results in you getting BTFO badly.

Not 100% true, actually.

I've had some decent success against more mobility-focused PHR lists using a fairly armour-heavy UCM list.
Sabres, Gladii and an Broadsword gave me pretty solid options for a straight-up fight, generally getting the first strike because of superior mobility and using Archangels to punish any cheeky dropships that try to move beyond their slow AA cover.
>>
Just starting DZC and the tactics seem quite different compared to what I'm used to (hurr durr 40k go forward).

I figure that it's combined arms much like how modern militaries operate with getting a quick beach head and reinforcing it with overlapping AA cover as well as having armor to reinforce or punch through gaps right?

In my head this is the table top version of Wargame: Red Dragon. I'm playing PHR if that makes any difference
>>
>>51274641
>and the totalitarian militaristic shithead humans.
Thye're definitely militaristic and shitheaded, but I wouldn't call the UCM totalitarian.
They are a representative semi state capitalist republic, after all.
They just look like militaristic totalitarians because pretty much every citizen has been whipped into a frothing rage after nearly two centuries of marinating in their anger, and they let the UCM government get away with being a massive war machine because they WANT them to.
>>
>>51275735

Pretty much. Though, there is much less focus on infantry. They tend to function mostly as objective grabbers than dangerous terrain holders.
>>
>>51274641
Considering how hard the Scourge are getting beat, I'm hoping for another faction that's been fighting them after an early defeat, UCM-style.

Except the new faction has the UCM's hate cranked to 11 (instead of merely 10) and becomes the new Big Bad faction because they just want to murder everyone.
>>
>>51275666
no what i said still applies, the PHR player didnt bring heavy guns, you did, so of course you could push him in a straight fight, If he had brought an equivalent list to your, with Ares, Odins, and a Hades, you would have decided to not engage in a firefight for sure.
>>
>>51276236
Not with all of his force, indeed.

But my response was in response to what I was assuming to be a blanket statement.
Certain UCM (and Shaltari) builds can certainly go toe-to-toe against most PHR lists.

If a PHR player goes full turtle, though, you gotta outmaneuver them, strike at isolated elements and prevent them from properly focusing on the mission without exposing themselves.
Fight in the way your enemy is weak against while trying to cover for your own weaknesses: the core of all successful warfare that wasn't simply a curbstomp.
>>
File: PHR 2000pt list 1.jpg (307KB, 1572x1018px) Image search: [Google]
PHR 2000pt list 1.jpg
307KB, 1572x1018px
Speaking of PHR lists, how does this look as something to build toward? I want to strike a balance between the zippyfast necessities of the game and the stompy slow theme of the PHR.

Never built a list before. I've been told AA is super necessary, am I going overboard or does this look about right?
>>
>>51276614
3 units worth of AA (Phobos, Phobos, Helios) is good, you're on the money there.
4x Hyperion is a LOT, I'd drop it down to 2x and move it to the heavy pantheon with the Odins.

Additionally, I'd add in a pegasus group (scout/exotic) and take more Valkyries. Four scoring units is the base amount you should shoot for.
>>
>>51276719
Oh shit, Medusae aren't scoring units?

I must've missed that. Thanks for the tips.

Would there be enough firepower with the heavy pantheons trimmed down to x4 Odins and x2 Hyperions?
>>
>>51276719
>>51276857
Wait, no, I'm wrong, Medusas are scoring units (I think). In any case, a second Valk squad would be good; 4-5 scoring units is what most lists go for anyways.

As for firepower, bruh, you've got a giant scorpion, four odins, and two hyperions. That's a lot of firepower.
In my honest opinion, you'd be better served not even worrying about the Hyperions and just dropping them entirely, taking the second valk squad, and taking 4x Thor for arty support.

Then again, I just love the Thor and artillery, so take that as you will.
>>
>>51276917
>As for firepower, bruh, you've got a giant scorpion, four odins, and two hyperions. That's a lot of firepower.

Coolio. My experience of the game is pretty limited so I'm not sure how much gun people are usually packing.
>>
>>51276316
that was my overall point though, when going maximum firepower, no one out firepowers PHR, obviously individual lists may differ, but if you want all the dakka you want to be PHR
>>
>>51277385

Standard Army
Clash: 1491/1500 points
Standard Army
Resistance Standard [1491/1500 pts]
Warlord's HQ [570 pts]
Alexander: M3 Alexander(Commander), AT-77 Lifthawk(+AA Cannon) [290 pts]
Typhoons: 4x Typhoon [280 pts]
Vehicle Detachment [113 pts]
Gun Wagons: 3x Gun Wagon, NT-1 Kraken [113 pts]
Resistance Band [328 pts]
Fighters: 2x Resistance Fighters, NT-1 Kraken, 2x Battle Bus [116 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Fighters: 2x Resistance Fighters [48 pts]
Fighters: 2x Resistance Fighters, NT-1 Kraken, 2x Battle Bus [116 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Fighters: 2x Resistance Fighters [48 pts]
Rusted Fist [205 pts]
Zhukovs: 2x M20 Zhukov, AT-77 Lifthawk [205 pts]
Rusted Fist [135 pts]
Hannibals: 2x M9 Hannibal, AT-77 Lifthawk [135 pts]
Fast Strikers [140 pts]
Hellhog: J19 Hellhog(+Extra Ammo) [140 pts]

>14 E10 Shots
>6 E 9 Shots
>1 E12 Dev shot
>4 E7 shots
>2 Free missile shots
>2 Dev AA shots
>A fucking A-10

Who has the most firepower again?
>>
So, why are beam/cannon weapons referred to as "snipers"? They have no more range than guns, and guns can't target more than beams/cannons.
I get that the nature of the arcs means they're not going to be rushing into a brawl, but they do need to stay with the fleet as it engages as they don't have any more range.
>>
>>51279505
E10 shots how quaint

>laughing_odins.jpg
>>
File: Thunderstorm_1_1024x1024.jpg (148KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderstorm_1_1024x1024.jpg
148KB, 900x600px
>>51279505
>mentions firepower
>doesn't bring the 4 E12 shot monster

Yeah, it's expensive, but firing 4 times at E12 and then disgorging 12 E+2 Rocket Technicals on people is amazing.
>>
So, what are some solid BG's that you really like to include in your lists, just because of how well they work?

>Avalon +2Lima
>2Taipei +Jakarta
>Bellerophon +2Pandora
>2Theseus +2 Europa
>[Battleship] +2[Support/Defense Frigate]
>>
>>51280046
Fucking land battleship here. The Thunderstorm is amazing.

Good job Resistance, for somehow keeping a battle fortress with alien weapons running without the Scourge taking these things out. WE XCOM NOW.
>>
>>51279934
Good luck getting in range with my Zhukovs put your Njord into the ground.

Better yet good luck shooting those Odins at my Typhons
>>
>>51280078
Avalon+Limas
3Taipei+Jakarta
Carriers+Strike Carriers+Troopships (turn order doesn't matter for them)
Beam Cruiser + 4x Gunship Frigates
>>
>>51280078

>Stryx+Djinn combo

2 of each can, if ignored for more immiediate threats like Chimerae and Gargoyles can pretty much savage any single ship that gets within 18" of it.
>>
>>51280177
XCOM mod with resistance vs scourge when?
XCOM mod with all the factions in some shape or form when?

>full squad of UCM Legionaries getting utterly torn apart by a Immortal squad.
>>
>>51280291
Speaking of vidya

>BFG:A has literally NO mod support
Rip; at least there's possibly HW and SoaSE.
>>
>>51280193
>Beam Cruiser + 4x Gunship Frigates
So Berlin +4 Toulon, Ifrit +4 Harpy, Ajax +4 Europa?

The PHR don't really have a beam cruiser, do they?
>>
>>51280351
Well, there is one mod out there, but so far all it does is add some variants to the IN line. Anything past that is impossible, which is too bad.

Here's hoping the devs add Necrons at some point.
>>
>>51280291
More like Praetorians fucking up the combined slave army composed of destroyers, immortals, and braves.

XCOM is basically just human beings curb stomping aliens.
>>
>>51280291
>completely silent at all times
>overpowered mindlink tactics
>engagement swings between one bullet = one kill operators operating, and the occasional outburst of belt-fed full auto
It'd be pretty cool to see Immortals adapted properly to A/V media.
>>
>>51280177
Best part is the fluff states that the cannons are usually good for only a single battle, since the Resistance overcharges everything.

This means that Thunderstorms tend to survive the battle they take part in, meaning each one of these things is so battle-scarred and proven as to have outlived many of the people it carries into battle. Which I guess is true of most Resistance tech, but seems more poignant with the Thunderstorms.
>>
>>51280686
XCOM is the perfect example of Humanity Fuck Yeah: The Series.
>>
>>51280370
You mean Shaltari? They have particle lances which are kind of poo
>>
>>51280673
Such a shame, and yeah, necrons when

>>51280686
Yeah, but that's XCOM humans vs XCOM ayys. The balance would be changed for a DZC mod.

>>51280713
Immortals are my favorite troops in the game, fluffwise, it'd be great to see them operating operationally.

>>51280816
No, the PHR. They have the Ajax and the Orpheus, but their beams are auxiliary weapons unlike the big ones on UCM ships. They have the Hector and Bellerophon, but those are only equal to a Berlin.

And yeah, the Shaltari lances are pretty shit except for the Diamond.
>>
>>51280812
Yes

And its fucking awesome!
>>
File: fuck.jpg (11KB, 219x187px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
11KB, 219x187px
>>51279505
I started writing up a wacky list to counter this, then I realized there was no point in finishing it, it's not even done and it's already fucking insane.

>12 E11 shots
>2 E10 shots
>1 E10, IF, Area-M shot
>3 E12 Strafe shots
>6 E6 shots
>1 E13 Devastator/Demolisher shot

I just realized it could have 24 E11 shots if I was absolutely fucking insane.
>>
>>51281210
Now you realize why I just laughed.

Seriously resistance is a great faction, but you are not going to out dakka PHR. They Are the dakka faction.
>>
>>51281210
You gotta make an actually functional list.

Something you could bring to a game not lose horribly because you don't have enough XYZ.

The one I posted has 4 objective grabbers, several AA units, and a level 4 commander. Its not actually that wacky.

Standard Army
Clash: 1496/1500 points
Standard Army
PHR Standard Roster [1496/1500 pts]
Hand of the Sphere [536 pts]
Command Squad: Zeus(Battle Vizier), 3x Odin, Njord [476 pts]
Mercury Drones: 4x Mercury [60 pts]
Battle Pantheon [326 pts]
Battle Squad: 2x Phobos, Neptune [166 pts]
Helios Squad: 2x Helios, Neptune [160 pts]
Immortals [113 pts]
AM Rifle Team: 2x Immortal Longreach Team, Triton A1 [113 pts]
Pegasus Group [246 pts]
Valkyries: 2x Valkyries, Triton A1 [123 pts]
Valkyries: 2x Valkyries, Triton A1 [123 pts]
Heavy Pantheon [275 pts]
Hades: Hades, Poseidon [275 pts]

3 E12
7 E11
4 E10
1 E10 area
4 E7
6 E7 AA
6 E6 AA

This is pretty good amount
>>
>>51281451
Well, consider. Let's say you go with FULL FIREPOWER in the fullest way I can think of for PHR.

28 E11 shots, four of which are barrages.
2 E10 shots.
1 E13 Dev/Dem shot.

That could definitely pull off the whole "I'm just going to delete an objective every turn" thing.
>>
>>51281574
See then it is probably the UCM. PHR is the heavy armor faction. UCM shit is cheaper and they have a lot of big guns near to the PHR level. Just load up on gladius, katanas, and eagles with 2 broadswords.

24 E 10
26 E 9
2 E 11 Dev
4 E11
>>
File: IMG_0661.jpg (462KB, 1512x1360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0661.jpg
462KB, 1512x1360px
Test model for my UCM. Not sure how I feel about it.
>>
>>51281780
Eh, could do with a secondary accent color, like a light grey. Yellow is okay looking, wash is okay, your drybrush work is a bit too much in some places (looks like sawdust, especially above the hangar), and that white NEEDS to be thinned, some parts of it look like caulk.
Practice steadying your hand for the smaller details, I can see quite a few messups.
Shading on the guns could be a bit thinner.

Overall, 6.5/10, needs some work but is an acceptable tabletop quality. Only the white is a horribly glaring issue.
>>
>>51281780
The banana republic will take back the stars.
>>
>>51281820
Yea this one is likely to be stripped while i get some more white. Couldnt quite revive the pot I had. Also did a layer of grey under the white and dont know why I did, it was darker then the yellow under it.
>>
File: arkship.jpg (226KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
arkship.jpg
226KB, 1600x900px
>>51275516
I'd love to see Dave's take on an arkship. All dat detail.

The only issue would be getting the thing to stand the fuck up.
>>
>>51282225
>arkship
wut dat from?
>>
>>51280187

I like resistance too but don't poke the metadragon...
>>
>>51282722

Endless space 2
>>
File: Yeerks.jpg (89KB, 658x638px) Image search: [Google]
Yeerks.jpg
89KB, 658x638px
Bump
>>
File: ConsiderTheFollowing.jpg (59KB, 433x754px) Image search: [Google]
ConsiderTheFollowing.jpg
59KB, 433x754px
Bump again before sleep.
>>
How would you rank the DFC factions in terms of how much you enjoy their playstyle/crunch?

How would you rank the DFC factions in terms of how much you like their aesthetics?

UCM >= Scourge > PHR > Shaltari

Shaltari >= UCM >= PHR > Scourge
>>
>>51287691
Scourge > UCM > Shaltari > PHR

Scourge > UCM > Shaltari > PHR

Huh.
I just don't care for the Shaltari at all, despite their rating. I don't actively dislike them however. PHR comes off as too slick/too clean for me, and I'm still not a fan of the literal scorpion for a tank, although that's DZC. I like the walkers, don't get me wrong, I just don't care for the designs. They look like they're supposed to be so sleek and smooth that they're organic, except I don't like organic walkers. It carries over into space a bit as well.
I'm still not entirely sure how the UCM is supposed to operate. They don't get crazy enough at any specific range bracket, and only the Burnthroughs seem to hold their fleets together. I've heard their gameplan is being able to adapt to whatever the other faction is attempting (a sort of counter faction), and therefore deny an advantage, but I don't quite see it.

Maybe it's just DFC working as intended, but smashing the UCM cruiser line is something that happens just about every game.
In which case the UCM gameplan is to mop up my surviving ships with some second-line Berlins? I don't quite understand, like I said.
>>
>>51282722
Endless Space 2.

http://wiki.endless-space.com/factions/vodyani

Has the fluff so far, as well as ship designs and such. The studio responsible always makes the coolest fucking factions for their games.
>>
hey /dcg/ anon here from a thread or two ago with the new PHR fleet, my LGS is running an 800 point tournament on the weekend and I need to cut down my list to fit
this is what I have been using

PHR starter+ - 997pts
PHR - 6 launch assets

SR12 Vanguard battlegroup (280pts)
2 x Pandora - 100pts - L
1 x Bellerophon - 180pts - H
+ Vice Director (40pts, 3AV)

SR12 Line battlegroup (276pts)
2 x Europa - 80pts - L
1 x Orion - 107pts - M
1 x Theseus - 89pts - M

SR10 Line battlegroup (245pts)
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M
1 x Ikarus - 115pts - M

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (156pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
2 x Medea - 78pts - L

I can swap the combat frigs to any loadout (magnets!) and I have a Hector as well.

I really like the bell and carrier superiority in general, but other than that I don't know what to shuffle around, and/or out.
>>
>>51290870
Probably worth mentioning I won my first game last week but only on VPs, my fleet got pretty close to tabled, unfortunately for my opponent I'd scored like 20 points on turn 4 to his 8 and he had no way of stopping me from scoring at least another 16. Not sure if I should try for more firepower or just keeps strong objective game.
>>
>>51290870
>>51290974
Looks pretty solid, anon. I'm thinking the following; it drops your Theseus and 2ropa, as well as a single strike carrier, but is otherwise the same list.
The Bell+2Pandora BG is too good to mess with, PHR bombers are great so Orpheus+Ikarus is a solid group. The Orpheus provides a good chunk of anti-light firepower so I don't think the Theseus will be as important as having a solid Orion.

List for Anon - 789pts
PHR - 6 launch assets

+ Vice Director (40pts, 3AV)
2 x Pandora - 100pts - L

SR5 Line battlegroup (107pts)
1 x Orion - 107pts - M

1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M
1 x Ikarus - 115pts - M

SR3 Pathfinder battlegroup (117pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
1 x Medea - 39pts - L
>>
>>51290870
>>51290974
>>51292100
Alternately, if you wanted to be REALLY infuriating, you could do this.

List for Anon - 800pts
PHR - 6 launch assets

2 x Pandora - 100pts - L

SR5 Line battlegroup (107pts)
1 x Orion - 107pts - M

1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M
1 x Ikarus - 115pts - M

SR5 Pathfinder battlegroup (168pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
3 x Echo - 90pts - L

an 800 point game is only about 200 or so more than a starter fleet, by my reckoning, so 2 SC's isn't that bad (especially when paired with a troopship). The lack of overall armor for your ground assets might be an issue, but if you can snag one or two of their strike carriers early on with your Echos, you'll definitely pull ahead in the objective game. At such a small point size I'd only expect them to have 3 or 4 SC's anyways.
Frankly, I love how the PHR are the only faction than can reasonably take troopships at this point level, since they're just such solid ships.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.