[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40k RPG General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 40

File: Dark Heresy Doom.jpg (70KB, 409x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Heresy Doom.jpg
70KB, 409x400px
"Anything more than a Lasgun is Overpowered" Edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk. Inquisitor is okay, but not many people know about it.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

>Why did FFG lose the 40k RPG License?
Because they were bought by Asmodee and that caused some sort of licensing conflict.

>Will GW make their own 40k RPGs now?
Probably not. But if they do it will likely be worse than you could possibly imagine.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.15) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w1d6aq5cdr6anmh

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.12) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j6k92d76cda7l8g

Have you ever returned to characters? Maybe you made a character that was for a one shot and you remade them for an actual game? Or maybe you used a former player or character as an NPC? How did it work?

Old: >>51040877
>>
Any way I can find a version history of Fear and Loathing and The Fringe is Yours? I don't know if the author as a blog or anything.
>>
>>51150246

Go to 4plebs and search "Changelog" in the bar, and username "Shas'o". Last update was adding power fields to robot weapons and fixing some knight stuff, and he said another fix was coming for a typo on harlequin speed talents.
>>
Has anyone ever stated a space hulk? If so could you point me in the direction of it?
>>
>>51150401
Thanks. Kind of wish some of these Tau rules weren't so heavy on the Dark Elf mix Korstla stuff.
>>
>>51151761
As a ship to use or a place to explore?
>>
>>51152085
As a ship to use. Im thinking of making the conquest of one the pact for my Black Crusade game.
>>
>>51143711
posted a starship here for an anon wanting a military now trade vessel.
I made a Conquest for 65 SP with full launch bays and empyerean mantle. Comments and criticims welcome.
>>
>>51152175
Ah, not much experience with RT's ship building rules, but from a glance I'd say that it would need a fuckton of armor and hull points, shit speed and possibly negative maneuverability, and maybe varying everything else by sections as they are amalgamations of ships. So one part you'd build with a raider, another with a transport, one with a cruiser, etc.
>>
>>51151944

I found the only thing I needed to do was remove Peer (Underworld), remove two or three weapons, and they functioned perfectly as normal Tau.
>>
A little question here /tg/.
What did your players do to acquire the Crux Terminatus?
>>
>>51152728
Yep, I found the issue more with ship parts. I kind of wish he wrote more straight up tau ship weapons rather than hybrid DE stuff.
>>
>>51152341
I believe one of the Rogue Trader supplements had a Rok started up. You could upscale that.
>>
One of my players was running a spyrer seneschal, up until he decided to take advances from the Reaver class.
Several dozen insanity points later, the rest of the crew were getting a little bit shifty about the, you know, senseless murders and pointless execution of the crew. Before too long this character will be 'retired' and then the player will reuse an old character who is a very mildly mutated missionary of the cult of Russ.
>>
>>51152895

Ship parts? Really? The only ship part I saw that was his snowflake was the Phantomfish and the Startide. Everything other tau component seemed straight out of BFG.
>>
>>51153092
He is a tabletop cruncher and a big tismo about tau.
>>
>>51153126

Which is ironic because his Eldar Corsair is, in my opinion, the best thing he's ever made.
>>
>>51152895
Disintegration Battery
Leech Torpedo
Phantom Lance

Three more snowflake parts. Of the five weapons int the Tau Ships section, three of them are korstla dark eldar stuff.
>>
>>51153636
meant for >>51153092
>>
>>51153661
My mistake, of the 6 weapons.

That's 50% of the weapons that can only be used by his do not steal Eldar pirates.
>>
File: BFG Screencap.png (334KB, 905x723px) Image search: [Google]
BFG Screencap.png
334KB, 905x723px
>>51153636
>Disintegration Battery
>Leech Torpedo
>Phantom Lance

Anon...are you okay? And Disintegrators are in Soul Reaver, in the dark Eldar ship section.
>>
>>51153795
Exactly, but they're in the Tau ship section, taking variety away from people who want to build Tau ships.

I don't want Korst'la pirates with Eldar Weapon armed Tau ships, I want Tau ships with more than 3 weapon options.
>>
>>51153834

Oh, I see. I just assumed he lumped the two together for convenience or something.
>>
>>51153852
Naa, you have to get the Tau / Dark Eldar ship rules he's written by taking his Korst'la stuff and separating the two out from eachother, leaving two lacking rulesets on their own.
>>
Where do sisters of battle fit into an inquisitor's acolyte retinue? They seem like something that would get called in if the acolytes failed and shit went south rather than part of the party.
>>
>>51154112
I have my Partys resident Battle Sister either being on some kind of very long penitent mission, or act as an Eccleciarcial emmisary.
The one I have the harder time coming to terms with is higher level Tech-Priests and why in heavens name they'd take any shit from anyone.
>>
>>51154556
Thinking on this:
They might have started early as a low level dude and stuck on.

It could be mentally engaging for them to solve cases and see the galaxy. Quest for knowledge and all that while enjoying professor Laytoning some shit. I imagine that's a huge draw.

It could be nice for some to get away from how rigid the structures of mechanicus worlds.

Alternatively: they could feel this is where their niche is, where they're most useful. That the party needs them and their knowledge.

They might recognise the necessity of the inquisition or the benefits of a good relationship with inquisitors. Especially if they're secutors. This can also be extended to the mechanicus having 'eyes on the inside' and therefore their interests protected within cases. What if an STC fragment was found and it wasn't given immediately to the mechanicus? Unthinkable!

Outrage at tech-heresy things may motivate them to go on with it.

They could be doing it because they were told to by somebody above them.
>>
What kind of magical realm stuff have you encountered in 40k RPG?
>>
>>51154887
None, because I only include sexual themes and scenes after making sure my players are cool with them being part of the game, and when they would make sense within the framework of the game. Magical Realm only exists when the GM tries to force sexual content nonsensically and/or against the players' will. Which is something only douchebags do.
>>
File: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.gif (210KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.gif
210KB, 500x500px
>>51153636
>>51153689
Oh noes! You gentlemen are saying that shas's work might not be 100% canon??? I thought tt canon was his whole deal?!?! I trusted that his work was a straight lift from tt - but it's full of his homebrew wank, you say?
God damn.....
>>
File: 1474610047711.jpg (679KB, 1000x1308px) Image search: [Google]
1474610047711.jpg
679KB, 1000x1308px
>>51149475
>Ever returned to characters?

All the time. We also have a few "npc" characters that random people who want to check out the game run from time to time.
My favorite is a corrupt arbite who originally showed up for a few missions to replace a pc who had been badly injured. He then turned out to be part of a major conspiracy, we fought him and took him in for interrogation after ripping his arm off. Circumstances later resulted in him showing up in another game, pressed into service to help an Inquisitor escape from an ambush. He's since showed up again from time to time as a kinda sleazy reluctant ally of the heroes, but one who's resourceful and knowledgeable enough that he's extremely useful. He still only has one arm, which makes him fun.

>>51154112
Inquisitors have the authority to requisition just about anyone, and my take is that while Battle Sisters are rare, almost every planet has at least a few to guard shrines and act as bodyguards. Most Sisters would jump at the chance to help an Inquisitor purge heretics, and their Ecclesiastical masters are likely to be happy to have someone very faithful to keep an eye on the Inquisition. Remember, even the lowliest acolyte is someone an Inquisitor sees as having the potential to be useful.
They fit a lot better as Ascension level characters, granted, like personal bodyguards to the Inquisitor, but you can also assume that a younger Sister might be taken in to be trained and groomed, either to be a special liaison or to be an Inquisitor herself some day.
>>
>>51149475
We have had a weird...playing experience is the right term? I would say game, but it was intended to be a series of 4 games that we played. We played almost all of the line, rotating campaigns as the situation called for it.

For instance, we started with RT where we found a planet that was rich in resources but hostile towards the Imperium and beyond our means to deal with, so we call in a few favors to get a regiment or two of guardsmen stationed planet side to kick the natives into submission. Naturally, this stalemates until a squad (OW) takes over an enemy FOB which contains some damning information about who really runs this planet. The Inquisition gets involved (DH) and manages to take out the rogue inquisitor in question while also stealing details of the battle plan. The guardsmen (OW) are then dispatched with all haste to hit their soft flank from a FOB the enemy thinks they can trust. They encounter a surprise when the enemy has CSMs and Knights helping them out, so the call is sent out for backup. A small but elite band of Space Marines (DW) is in the area and surgically strikes into the enemy's command post, crushing the heavy elements and allowing the guardsmen (OW) to call in a lance strike from an orbiting Rogue Trader (RT) on the fall back command bunker. A team of acolytes (DH) later combs through the ashes to find a trace of evidence against the rogue inquisitor.

My old GM later told me that he tried to get a small group of players to play DC and serve as villains, but couldn't figure out how he'd work it and gave up. He was a crazy bastard and will be missed.
>>
File: 1474610047254.jpg (30KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1474610047254.jpg
30KB, 512x512px
>>51156042
>>
>>51159146
So, is this you admitting that their accusation is correct? Is your stuff garbage??
>>
>>51159290

I was trying to consider a response, but I decided an anime girl sticking its tongue out was sufficient. But you known, I was looking at my books, and I was comparing the Tau of the first book to the Tau of the second.

Goddamn, the Tau of the first book are garbage.

They come from a time where I wasn't sure what I was doing, and was more comfortable adjusting official things than making new things. And it shows. The Tau of the first book are BAD, just reskinned core classes. It wasn't until I was fucking with the Eldar that I started getting "adventurous" and finding my style. As for why the Tau And DE stuff is put together, yeah it's partially because of my snowflake. I wanted everything in one convenient location. When I run my games, my players flip to one convenient section where everything is available in one place. Everything does work by itself - if you wanted, you can take a Tau hull and only put Tau weapons on it, or a DE hull with only DE weapons. The other ship parts, I never statted because, why bother when counts-as of imperial parts was sufficient. I figured it was best to stat out only new stuff, not placeholder stuff like tau equivalent of life sustainers. I guess, I could take all my personal snowflake stuff out, but that's not very convenient on me. In comparison, it's easy enough for someone to say "Oh, don't use X, Y, and Z gun, and W career." Hell, even the first book is just a compilation of new stuff from one of my games that people asked for, and I gave them the snowflake alongside the official. I think the Tau stuff is the only snowflake stuff (and the old slann, but that is tenuously linked to the 4th edition necron codex). I think at a few points I even say how to convert from snowflake to normal (it's real easy, remove peer underworld). The rest is autismal TT.

Honestly, though, would I go back and fix the older Tau classes? Probably not. Enough people are using the official Fire Warrior that I don't consider worth it.
>>
>>51159432
Well, at least you've 'splained yerself...that's something more than anime tongue. I know nothing of tau but what i've lerned from you, hence my alarm..........and thanx for the wonderfish - lost that particular reaction when my puter died, and i've missed him.
>>
File: Happy Messenger.gif (3MB, 270x234px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Messenger.gif
3MB, 270x234px
>>51159432

I'm just thinking back. The Fire Caste Cadre Fireblade and Pathfinder I made were reskinned arch-militant with one unique mechanic and reskinned kroot with one unique mechanic, while the Earth Caste was reskinned techpriest with one unique mechanic. In comparison, the Water Caste does multiple new things, uses a lot of new mechanics, and fulfills a role that is normally very hard to find. Even the Air Caste, which has a number of new things it can do, and fulfills a role that no other career really does (vehicle focused dude), pales on comparison to the Water Caste.

But as I said, no point in really going back and changing it up when everyone gonna use the official stuff anyway. Better to make all new stuff, that's fun, is an actual challenge, and fills niches that people need. It really does make me happy when people say my stuff helps, and if people ask for new stuff, I love helping out. But nobody's really free of opinions, and you can really expect my opinions to occasionally leak in if the numbers can't tell the whole story.
>>
>>51149475
>Have you ever returned to characters?

We have. It was supposed to be a short game, but we've come back for an all new game, same characters - Rogue Trader, Explorator, (my) Arch-militant, and Cryptek. We have a better grip on the system, so we're gonna do a lot more than we did before.
>>
File: Tau Rapid Insertion.png (28KB, 380x552px) Image search: [Google]
Tau Rapid Insertion.png
28KB, 380x552px
>>51159506

Bro, if you want to learn about Tau, I really advise grabbing the codex and giving it a read first. That will give you all the basic information you need. Then, if you want to play as a "normal" one in the RPGs, either grab the Tau Fire Warrior in TCG for a basic crash course, or go into my books, remove "Peer Underworld" from them, and you'll be good to go.

I will stand by my Eldar, Harlequins, Necrons, and Old Slann to the end. The Tau of the first book need a bit of help, though, while the Tau of the second are much better quality, and I highly advise giving them a spin if you ever get the chance.
>>
>>51159290
>>51156042
For fuck sake don't engage shas and don't brimg up his studf. He desperately craves the attention and we all know his stuff is shit so why would you mention it? I'm literally empowering him with this post but consider it a public service.

If you don't like it, don't talk about it.
>>
>>51154112

Chambers Militant is back so you can just say the chamber was called upon.
>>
>>51161021
Looks okay, but could use more necrons.
>>
>Have you ever returned to characters? Maybe you made a character that was for a one shot and you remade them for an actual game? Or maybe you used a former player or character as an NPC? How did it work?

Brought a cleric back from DH1 to DH2 after last session in the old game ended with said cleric's brains all over the floor after three sessions of glorious levels of being an absolute madman. Found out there was a difference between burning ans spending fatepoints, meaning my cleric could have survived. Sat down with my GM and adapted both the cleric and cybernetic resurrection to DH2, sticking as much to the original character in terms or role and background and all that.

What came out on the other side was a horribly optimized monstrosity that hits like a freight train straight off the bad, but with aptitudes all over the place that doesn't spend experience particularly well.
>>
>>51152768
Ur mom
>>
>>51160131
>don't talk about the game or homebrew with TRIPFAGS REEEE
This is you, man. You are telling people to not talk about a dead series when these threads are barren enough.
>>
Anyone familiar with Roll20 Macros want to check out my Naval Combat firing and damage macros?

.Macrobattery
&{template:default} {{name=Macro Battery Fire}} {{Hits = [[floor((?{Modified Ballistic Skill|@{selected|crewRating}}- d100)/10)]]+1}}{{Enemy Voidshields = @{target|voidshields}}

.Damage
&{template:default} {{name=Damage Inflicted}} {{Total Damage (-@{target|armour} armour) = [[?{Number of Hits?|1}*?{Weapon Damage?|1d10+0}-@{target|armour}]]}}

Do you think these are good enough?
>>
>>51164164
That macro shouldn't be called .Macrobattery actually, It can be used for Lances too.
>>
>>51164164
&{template:default} {{name=Damage Inflicted}} {{Total Damage (-@{target|armour} armour) = [[(?{HitNumber?|1}?{Weapon Dice?|d10}+(?{Weapon Bonus|+0}*?{HitNumber?|1}))-@{target|armour}]]}}

That's .Damage that actually works, it only added the "+0" query to the full result, rather than each dice.
>>
>>51164164

I've always wanted to try roll20, but is it always this complicated?
>>
File: macro.jpg (16KB, 254x130px) Image search: [Google]
macro.jpg
16KB, 254x130px
>>51166756
It's as complicated as you want it to be. You can honestly make do by dragging and dropping images and just using it as a visualiser. You can then take things a step further by using the inbuilt character sheets and all the buttons and such that make life easier for that, or a step further again and write your own macros.

I find it to be much more straightforward than Maptools, and the extra layers of complexity you can choose to use make games go a lot more smoothly.

Rather than rolling individual dice, I can just click on a token, click on the "Melee Attack" button, then click on the enemy, it'll do all the rolls and calculation for you.

/me rolls for an Intelligence Check! Result = [[((@{selected|Intelligence} + ?{Modifier|10} - d100)/10)]] DoS

That's a simple intelligence check, that gives you your degrees of success, the ones above are only really complex looking because they're laid out in a table like pic related.

You should give it a go, the inbuilt character sheets are fantastic, and you have a lot of power at your disposal.
>>
>>51159732
Thanks for the explanation!
>>51160131
meh, I've gone thru his shit - his methodology is solid, his builds are good. Despite his cheekiness, he has generally been helpful and good. He responds to questions and to criticism. At least he does for me.
I just know NOTHING of filthy tau, being a 1st/2nd ed grognard. So my only source of tau-fu is Mark of the Xenos and shas. I rely upon my resources heavily, and demand that they be quality.
>If you don't like it, don't talk about it
But anon: if we all did that, nothing would ever change....
>>
File: axe2.jpg (33KB, 351x632px) Image search: [Google]
axe2.jpg
33KB, 351x632px
So in Tome of Blood there's the Wailing Axe and it says you can swing the axe as a half action and you gain the Fear 1 trait. It also says as long as you're swinging the axe you add twice your SB and attempts to parry are at a -10.

So how would you rule this works? My GM and I are having a debate on this. Is it like aiming, once you do it you can immediately attack to gain the bonus? Does the strength bonus only apply to the first hit? Once you start swinging it do you keep the bonus until you're stunned or incapacitated?
>>
>>51154112
The way I see it, Puritan Inquisitors are likely to call upon Sisters of Battle while Radical Inquisitors are likely to enlist anonymous Guardsmen.
>>
>>51160131
I'm not a fan of homebrew either but these games can probably use any attention we give them at this point.
>>
>>51170043
I'd say Fear applies each round you take the action. Up to your group whether the double SB to damage is excessive on all attacks. The axe isn't exactly an amazing weapon otherwise.
>>
File: tumblr_o041rrt7B11tzlhxzo1_1280.jpg (57KB, 541x873px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o041rrt7B11tzlhxzo1_1280.jpg
57KB, 541x873px
>>
>>51164164
&{template:default} {{name=Lance Fire}} {{Hits = [[floor(((?{Modified Ballistic Skill|@{selected|crewRating}}- d100)/10)/3)]]+1}}{{Enemy Voidshields = @{target|voidshields}}}

Lance fire macro. Doesn't tell you the Degrees of Failure properly (Since it divides the DoS/F result by 3 either way), but I don't think ship shooting has any effects with degrees of failure anyway.
>>
>>51173049
&{template:default} {{name=Weapons Fire}} {{Hits = [[floor(((?{Modified Ballistic Skill|@{selected|crewRating}}- d100)/10)?{Lance-or-Macro?|Macro, /1|Lance, /3})]]+1}}{{Enemy Voidshields = @{target|voidshields}}}

This works for both Macro AND Lance.
>>
File: consejodelhuevo.jpg (24KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
consejodelhuevo.jpg
24KB, 720x480px
>>51149475

DEAR /TG/

I'M AFRAID THAT WITH FFG LOSING THE 40K LICENSE, MY GAME IS NO LONGER CANON/UPTODATE. WHAT TO DO?
>>
>>51173289
Nice bait

>Restraining himself with canon
>>
I'm gonna run the Rogue Trader intro adventure, Forsaken Bounty, for some friends on Saturday night. It seems pretty straightforward but is there anything I should know? Anybody have any tips? I'm thinking of at least starting them in port and giving the potential of a warp encounter if the translation doesn't go so well (using the Navis Primer rules). Someone was also suggesting throwing in a ship-vs-ship encounter when they are in the Guncutter going to the wreck; thoughts?
>>
>>51174164

Vehicle combat can get kind of swingy unless you have heavy weapons. Does the guncutter have lascannons or another really heavy weapon. Bolters ain't gonna cut it.
>>
File: 1jdpHfC.jpg (215KB, 1242x1231px) Image search: [Google]
1jdpHfC.jpg
215KB, 1242x1231px
>>51173289
Have you seen the up-to-date canon? Why care?
>>
How hard would it be to craft plasteel cranial armour with only 1 rank in tech-use?

My players are out of requisitions and the AdMech Biologis want to get Cranial Armour implants.

Considering he has Medicae maxxed out I tell him that he knows the human body but not the manufacturing processes behind plasteel plating.

Even if he manages to pass a -30(Very Hard) roll of Tech-Use crafting he would only get a +20 bonus on the next requisition destined to get the Cranial Armour augmentation. Is this fair?
>>
>>51173289
For real question, guys: did anyone ever really pay attention to canon?

I mean, aside from staying true to the really essential shit that you need to in order for it to be 40k, I never really gave much of a fuck what was official and what wasn't. I mean, you have examples of shit like the All Guardsmen Party where some of the lesser known "rules," were completely ignored, and it still made for some fun shit.

So who really pays attention to canon? In fact, let's go a bit further; what are some setting-houserules or normally not-established canon aspects that you bring into "your," 40k?
>>
>>51178139
I'll take the leap and expose some of my headcanons to /tg/'s tender mercies.

>Most of the people in the Inquisition are surprisingly sensible; most are subtle and prefer to work behind the scenes.
>Imperial conflicts do not often end because the Imperium threw more bodies into it. There are plenty of competent people in the Guard and other branches of the Imperium's fighting forces.
>Kriegers have faces and how they look isn't as much of a mystery. To civilians and ground-pounders, sure. But they get invited to events where they have to eat in the presence of others the higher up they go in the chain, so many people are exposed to just how young and dead these men look.
>I downplay how often Astartes are deployed in large numbers, making it so a platoon or two are often considered quite a devotion to a task. This, along with the "1000 rule," only pertaining to their infantry--allowing for vehicle crews--accounts in part for how in the lore Astartes seem to be fucking everywhere.
>Serfs fight alongside Astartes more often as an auxiliary pseudo-Guard force.
>Just like in the Rogue Trader days, Astartes are not afraid of painting camouflage on their armor. Not because "muh realism," I know Astartes are basically Mobile Infantry from Starship Troopers; I just like the variety it allows. In fact, in my games Astartes are pretty much always represented with images from their Rogue Trader days when I can fit it in.
>Deathwatch, Grey Knights, and Sisters are still Chambers Militant
>Speaking of Grey Knights, they don't kill everyone they see. They're secretive, but known to exist. Rather, they tend to only be called when everyone is contaminated already, so one of their more grim duties is often to massacre or imprison loyal subjects who may well be tainted.
>Chaos Undivided is still a thing. I wasn't aware it ever stopped being a thing until someone told me recently.

That's not all of them, just a few.
>>
File: 1472450194748.jpg (43KB, 491x506px) Image search: [Google]
1472450194748.jpg
43KB, 491x506px
>>51178347
I'll drop more, feel free to add your own. I'll steal them if they're good.

>Many Astartes--in particular, Crusaders--are roving fighters that go from conflict to conflict. Many high level Imperial commanders hate when Crusaders arrive; they are an uncontrollable variable that may well shit on any large strategy.
>Traitor Astartes can be generally placed in four categories: 1) zealots totally devoted to the cause of destroying the Imperium, with or without the dogma; 2) believers that see Chaos as the only salvation for humanity for their own dogmatic reasons; 3) burnouts that just don't give a fuck anymore but keep fighting because it's all they know; and 4) maniacs purely out for themselves and see Chaos as a way to gain power.
>The Squats, after the loss of the Homeworlds as stated in previous material, have established themselves on the fringes of the Imperium. These New Homeworlds struggle for acceptance due to the Squats' previous position as an "allied empire," though trade is often not out of the question. They've taken to jetbikes where they can afford, adapting their trike combat tactics to the sturdier and faster platforms.
>Oldcrons and Newcrons co-exist. Several shards of the Deceiver are free and have multiple tomb worlds enslaved to its will. It is slowly subjugating the Necron worlds again and is on a perpetual quest to reunite its whole form. The Nightbringer is still whole and in stasis, as even the most arrogant Necron Lord is reluctant to release it again on any grounds. Necrons that fall in the Newcron category range from superiority complexes to friendly and pleasant, depending on how much brain damage they suffered over the great sleep or what their personalities were like beforehand.

That last one I have because I have two players who feel strongly about them. One hates Newcrons; the other loves them. I use the above to shut them up; I don't care and don't plan on including Necrons in my games any time soon, so it doesn't matter.
>>
It mentions in a few books that augments to a particular part of the body increase toughness for soaking attacks by TB+2.

Is that just for artificial limbs, or stuff like cranial armor, or just any localized cybernetic?
>>
>>51178795
Only things that completely replaces said thing like a bionic arm or leg.
>>
Hey /40krpg/, I was thinking of GMing a Dark Heresy game for two buddies of mine.

Any tips for only having two players? Thanks.
>>
>>51178988
Which DH?
>>
>>51179019
I was thinking 2nd edition.
>>
>>51178988
Make it a thematic team and build their work around it.

For example: I'm playing an assassin who works solo. It's a 1 on 1 campaign with the GM. Another assassin, maybe spec'd for CQC would work very well.
It's a lot of stealth/investigation missions, along the lines of MGS, Splinter Cell, etc.

You could also do stuff like two pilots of an Imperial aircraft, etc. Just build some support NPCs that aren't hands on, but are there to help.
>>
>>51178795
Any implant described as armour stacks with what is worn.
Otherwise, bionic limb or large organ replacement adds to TB
>>
>>51178795
Which system are you using?

In DH2 all augmentations have specific rules. Subskin armour grants +2AP that stacks with Toughness and other armour.

>>51178988
Make a investigation-rich campaing. Allow them to bypass dangerous encounters by being smart and/or subtle; if they screw up and get caught make them fight.

I recommend using the sample campaing found in the DH2 Core Rulebook.
>>
>>51179039
Could go quality over quantity to compensate and give them a bit more exp and slightly better gear or an NPC party member or two.
>>
>>51179055
>>51179080

Is throwing them into combat probably a bad idea? I've heard DH tends to be incredibly lethal. My group, while rp heavy, does tend to enjoy some good combat encounters.
>>
>>51179060
"Large organ replacement"
Like what?

I have two bionic legs, subskin armor, bionic heart, cranial plating and augur array, vox implant, synthmuscle and respiratory filter implant.

>>51179080
DH 1e, though we move around a lot of Rogue Trader and Only War rules.
>>
>>51179105
It can be lethal in larger numbers, but depending on what kind of characters they are, it can be dealt with decently well.

For example, I'm an assassin, so I spend most of combat hidden. But even a good stormtrooper would get cut up by moderate difficulty enemies. Higher level assassins laugh at direct combat. That said, anything I fight can kill me in one round, so I avoid combat if at all possible. I've gone entire runs without any combat.
>>
>>51179105
With only two members, it can get very easy to overwhelm them in normal combat. They'd have to rely on surprise rounds, slowly picking off enemies, and abusing the demolitions special use of Tech-Use.
>>
>>51179116
If you've replaced heart and at least 1 lung that's enough to allow TB bonus in body location, even without other augmentation in chest or abdomen
>>
>>51179143
Any suggestions for dialing the combat down while retaining the difficulty?
>>
>>51179116
Only limbs.
>>
>>51179205
>>51179273
I'm getting mixed answers. What is enough major organs? Is that a game mechanic?
>>
>>51179291
Under "bionic replacement limbs and body parts", it only ever talks about limbs getting the +2 to TB.
>>
>>51179291
Other anon here. Bionic heart ( RT Core) also adds +1 armour. Not sure of reference for use in DH1e/2e
>>
Are there rules for Volcano cannons?
>>
>>51180001
Yes.
>>
>>51149475
Making an Only War game here in a few weeks, and have a question - what are the possible deployment options for a squad beyond Grav-Chutes or Devourer Dropships? I'm not beyond fabricating a smaller dropship, but I'm loathe to use Devourers simply because they seem too well armed to be used en masse.
>>
>>51180064
What about against something big? Like a Grand Cruiser?
>>
>>51180171
No.
>>
>>51180126
>What are Valkyries
>>
>>51180239
>Valkyries
Fuck, I'm dumb. Thanks anon
>>
>>51180232
Fuck.
>>
>>51180474
IN RT, it is mentionned that personnal weapons are useless against starships. And yes, Voclano Canons are in that categorie.
A 40K Grand cruiser is a a 8 km long monstruosity made to survive building size plasma torpedoes, macro shells, atomics,and nova canon impact - aka a near light speed accelerated plasma shell of fuck you doing 20 000 km diameter explosion.
A volcano canon might do some damage on the outer armour plate, not much else.
Shot inside in boarding party, of course, it can be do tremendous damage at the right place, of course, but using a super-heavy tank or a titan in a boarding party...
>>
>>51180832
The issue is that my players are in an OW game as scouts attached to a super heavy regiment. The ship they're on is under attack from a pirate with a grand cruiser. The escorts are all dead, the transport's weapons are damaged, and a player came up with the idea of using the regiment as a lance battery. Currently, the players are on board the enemy vessel and have laid a beacon for the regiment to focus their fire on. I figured it would work, but now I'm not so sure.
>>
>>51181097
You're about 5 orders of magnitude out of scale. Go look up the effects of a lance strike asset from deathwatch: everything in 500m radius is auto-dead and glassed, anything in 2km is taking a lascannon-equivalent hit
>>
>>51181523
Where would I find that?
>>
>>51181646
Should be in rites of battle, imperial navy assets
>>
>>51181097
if the pirate is really close, the Super heavy weapons might be useful as turret fire, helping a boarding party or to reppel the pirates own boarding party.
You can use your players effort to give time to the transport Navigator to get ready for an emergency war p jump. Will they be able to give nough time ? will they be able to run back toward their own ship before it jumps ?
>>
Which books would you recommend finding to get the original '87 Rogue Trader feel for 40k? Are the pdfs on /tg/?
>>
>>51182286
you have items here in there, such a micro-grenades in hostile Acquisitions, hoverboard in Into the Storm, etc.
but such a feel comes more fromdescriptions and your campaign tune, I think. Use marines as special cops, throw in the Doctor or mash up names such as Obiwan Sherlock Clouseau, go full hair metal and you'll be on point.
>>
>Necrons can go any direction they wish when moving, and make as many turns as desired. There is no limit. For instance, they can move forward 2, up 1, left 2, down 1, make a 90Ëš turn, strafe 3 right, turn 360Ëš and float away to ready the perfect shot. Note that a Necron vessel is still restricted to finishing its Maneuver before firing.

This seems unbelievably broken, any good way to fix this?

+20 Manoeuvrability?
>>
>>51182372
... Yeah, I'm not talking about the FFG books. Got those.

I'm asking which books I should get to better flesh out the details and minutiae of the Rogue Trader era. Surely they're around somewhere.
>>
>>51182439
oh, yeah. I remember getting the RT pdf of the Ork books on :tg/ years ago, but for the others, I dunno. An other anon might deliver though.
>>
>>51182494
Ah well. I live in hope.
>>
>>51182412

In Battlefleet Gothic, they could make a turn for every 20cm of movement. Most Necron ships could move 40-50cm, and even further with All Ahead Full, with no turn limitation. I'm starting to remember why everyone shunned the necron player when we got together for game night. That faction singlehandedly broke Battlefleet Gothic.
>>
>>51185080
>That faction singlehandedly broke Battlefleet Gothic.

Holy shit this. They were monstrous and gamebreaking on tabletop, and were pretty much universally banned by gentleman's agreement. If Necron vessels exist in the RPG, they'll probably be equally horrific to face against.
>>
So I'm GMing for some friends and I'm wondering if anyone could give me a plot synopsis for the Apostasy Gambit trilogy, want to decide if it's worth running.
>>
>>51185967

Saint drusus is back! but it's not really him, it's a lord of change puppet ingredients his corpse. can your players successfully rekill drusus and banish the daemon to save the sector?

you also joyride a titan.
>>
>>51186177

puppeting his*

damn autocorrect
>>
>>51178347
>>51178549
shameless copy paste from an older thread
>>
>>51180126
I mean, Devourers are used en masse for landing entire army groups and invasion forces -- dozens, maybe hundreds of regiments and their vehicles. There's no analogue in modern warfare because our armies don't consist of millions of men.

If you want an analogue to a chopper og something, a Valk or an Aquila Lander might work, depending on what kind of regiment you are. I think most regiments would deploy on foot, though, after they land, and mostly stay that way except for mechanised divisions.
>>
Who could raid an imperial guard transport ship and why? Dark Eldar and Free bootaz are not acceptable.
>>
I'm thinking of converting some of the bits from the WFRP Tome of Corruption to BC. Namely, the larger mutation chart and maybe Chaos Weapons.
>>
>>51187475
General pirates exist. And for all the reasons they would; human slavers and raiders exists. Succesionists, rival regiments, or the like could too.
>>
>>51187650
But.. the reasons? Well slaver raids are not valid because the imperial guard is armed to teeth.. OFCOURSE they don't have it with them because of the Imperial Navy law, but if the ship would come under attack they would surely arm themselves.
>>
>>51187633
Go for it anon. God Emperor bless you.
>>
>>51187808
>slaver raids are not valid because the imperial guard is armed to teeth.
Pirates generally have weapons too, anon. Generally, a pirate vessel will try to lightning strike a team with their heaviest shit (Shotcannons are always a favorite), punch through initial resistance, grab everything they can, and get out before the wasps' nest finishes stirring. Hit and run is the operative strategy here. And that's just human pirates, never mind ork freebootas or Eldar corsairs/reavers or chaos fucks. Or even actual human reavers, the poor insane bastards who let their souls wither in the void.
>>
>>51186391
>There's no analogue in modern warfare because our armies don't consist of millions of men.
The US alone has around 2 million men in their military. China has almost 3 million. India, 2 million again. And that's in (relative) peace time when nobody is fighting anything more serious than brushfire or terrorist-suppression wars. If we ever saw a real war (without nukes or drones making numbers moot), we might just see million-man armies IRL.
>>
>>51186391
Are Devourers statted or even depicted anywhere?
>>
Is there a good character creator for Deathwatch?
>>
>>51188617
Not one that I've seen.
>>
>>51188617
If you have Excel there's this http://www.blackmoor.org.uk/40K.html
It's missing some of the newer books though, hasn't been updated in a while.
>>
So in an upcoming BC game I want to play a pirate prince of the ragged helix with a gentleman gunfighter sort of feel. Pistol wise am I stuck with bolt or is there something weird and more obscure that would befit such an extravagant gentleman? Solid projectile preferred.

Picture somewhat related.
>>
>>51189273
Oh boy.. there is a lot.
>>
>>51189273
There's a lot.
>>
>>51187633
>Larger mutation chart
Isn't most of that shit essentially "roll a new character"?
>>
>>51180239
Also Arvus Lighters, or simply welding some antigrav unit on a shipping container full of guardsmen.
>>
Would it be better to use Deathwatch or Black Crusade to run a campaign where the players are part of a space marine chapter falling to chaos?
>>
>>51189912
BC has rules for importing characters from DW
>>
>>51189912
Deathwatch, but use BC features. Then BC
>>
>>51189912
Black Crusade. Fluff it up dude
>>
>>51189273
Get a Good Craftmanship Stub Revolver and make it a starting Legacy Weapon. You add half you Inf bonus as Dmg and Pen. Then later you can posses it. Or use special ammo types.
>>
>>51185166
it's funny because this is what happens when TT mechanics faithully follow the fluff
>>
>>51189368
>>51189687
Such as?

>>51190125
I thought legacy weapons were kinda trash?
>>
>>51191013
Once you get high Inf its really good.
At start your Revolver would do 1d10+5 (As much as a human bolter), at Pen 2. Then use, say, Tox Rounds. You could also talk to your GM about getting Accurate on your Revolver.
>>
>>51191179
I think it'd be better to get a Bolt pistol and the Legacy THAT, for the sake of anon not tearing his hair out until he gets to high Infamy
>>
>>51191419
Well im saying Revolver so that the GM will approve it. A legacy bolt pistol seems a bit much.
>>
>>51191419
Good luck doing that with a -20 to the test.
>>
>>51191583
There's no test if you start with it.
>>
>>51191583
I've seen crazier personally I remember one time one player I was gaming with tried to turn a force sword into one. Like ten rolls later he finally succeeded though the what -60 mod.

There was another time now that I think of it I saw a dude turn a combi-flamer into a daemon weapon.
>>
>>51179258
That's on you GM sempai. Also burning Fate points after your PCs royally acrew the pooch thinking their hot shit when they actually are being a pair of captain obviousness. They probably die and have a long talk with Malcador or maybe even BigE. Then come back a few weeks later missing something, and a little more crazy for it.
>>
>>51191826

If you stack psychic bonuses you can easily negate -60's, and stick daemons into forks, cabinets, household tools, anything.
>>
>>51196089
It is a fuckton easier to stack bonuses for stuffing daemons into things than it is to elevate legacy weapons.
>>
File: 1483827923323.jpg (416KB, 1200x1857px) Image search: [Google]
1483827923323.jpg
416KB, 1200x1857px
>>
File: orks.jpg (147KB, 545x543px) Image search: [Google]
orks.jpg
147KB, 545x543px
>>51197702
I like da cut a dis guys jib
>>
>>51191013
>such as?
Carcadon hand cannon from Inquisitors Handbook. Exactly what you're looking for.
>>
>>51189698
Some are. Thinking of rules to avoid that. Largely "if this wasn't a failing, reroll."
>>
I have an idea for a black crusade campaign I call it-

>OFFICEHAMMER 40,000
>A small group of chaos cultists is sent to infiltrate the adeptus adminastratum so they can sabotage the imperium by screwing up paperwork(think denying an order form for lasguns that should go to Cadia
>all the while they have to avoid trouble from the boss and interact with coworkers
>basically office space and the office but in the grim darkness of 41st millennium
>>
>>51199521
If we're talking wacky campaigns I want to pitch mine as well.

>SUPER SATURDAY
>In the vein of a Saturday Morning cartoon, the players are in the service of the Inquisition.
>There's word that some chaos cultists are developing a new Sonic superweapon in a hive
>Players job is to find it and stop the cultists.
>While stopping Heretics, the players learn that they're against smelly Nurgle cultists
>Turns out they've finally done it. They've discovered THE BROWN NOTE.
>With every combat ending with cultists tripping over loose pipes, knocking their heads to dodge las blasts and surrendering, the players get closer to helping the Heretics 'clean up their act'
>In the eleventh hour, the Cultists are about to deploy the Brown Note and make everyone in the Hive poo themselves.
>The players have to stop them, the final battle ends with the cult leader hanging from a ledge above a vat of smelly goo.
>The players obviously try to save him, but he falls into the goo and it stops bubbling.
>The Inquisitor shows up on his hover bike and salutes the PCs, alongside every NPC they met along the way. They're the real heroes here
>And nobody pooed their pants
>>
File: daft rogue.png (670KB, 1361x815px) Image search: [Google]
daft rogue.png
670KB, 1361x815px
>>51197702
>ROGUE TRADING INTENSIFIES
>>
>>51199521
>Dwelling deep within the bowels of the world’s main city, this organisation is devoted to maintaining one of the planet’s largest infocrypts. Here information dating back many millennia is stored, some records perhaps originating in the mythical days of the sector’s founding. The loyal workers toil ceaselessly to preserve and organise countless parchments, dataslates, and scrolls. Each day tonnes of information are laid to rest here, but also each day towering mountains of parchment are lost to fire or mould, vermin and invading marauders destroy centuries of records, stacks of dataslates fail or crumble, and tomes are rendered useless as their languages fade and die. Even so, the Regimentum continues its unending battle in the name of the Adeptus Administratum.

"And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire..."
>>
>>
>>51186307
Kind of? I stole a few of those, edited them, and in almost all of them added my own slight commentary or expansion. A couple of them (serfs, RT-era camo painting) are actually me.

But if it gets others to comment and add their own, does it really matter? These threads are fucking barebones nowadays.
>>
>>51200016
>These threads are fucking barebones nowadays.
Could be worse. Could be the /l5rg/ threads.
>>
Are the stats for a forgefiend in any of the books?
>>
File: the-wrong-trousers.jpg (71KB, 470x439px) Image search: [Google]
the-wrong-trousers.jpg
71KB, 470x439px
Does it seem unreasonable to have a Heretic in BC to find a pair of power armour legs? They couldn't find the whole set? Counts and power armour that obly covers legs. Customization results that affect something other than legs get rerolled and any other benefits granted by covering more than the legs are removed?
>>
>>51201481
Sure, why not? Don't forget to power them somehow.
>>
>>51201718
Guess a backpack, bumpack or silly looking belt bag.
>>
So I am the anon who asked about the imperial guard transport two times in previous threads. I figured inquisition or other secretive organisation (maybe heretical) is transporting something in secret on imperial guard transport because a) The thing will be safe, ofcourse a few own guards to keep the eye on it, but other than that.. who would attack an transport eh? The enemy wouldnt suspect it. b) It creates an hook for PC's. The thing is - who would do it and why? And what?
>>
>>51199521
>cultists try not to be too obvious so they only screw up 1 in 10 orders
>after 9 months they are awarded the Imperial Seal of Efficiency because their department is far and above the most accurate on the planet
>cultists slink back to the Eye of Terror in defeat
>>
>>51186307
That's okay though since some of them are mine and I'm flattered he thought enough of them to pasta.
>>
>>51199627
It's shit.
>>
>>51201211
In Black Crusade, Tome of Decay.
>>
I feel like the Searing Blade in BC should have something more going for it, because as is its a barely better power sword without power field.
>>
>>51191583
Playing an underhive campaign, i got slayer limb, so i picked up our stolen bolter and let the warp overtake me.
Then rolled to make it legacy and got a 1.
Went from gove ganger with an autogun to boltgun-arm man the murder train9
>>
What am I missing out on by not having the supplemental books for Only War. Some of the rules seem really fun from what I've seen (1d4chan) but I can't find them anywhere.
>>
>>51201811
If it's an inquisition transport, the answer is simple. Other Inquisitors attack it, the reason behind it bring 'because that other dude is evil, or maybe I am.'
>>
>>51204715

splats are OP
>>
>>51204715
Hammer of the Emperor and Shield of Humanity. One is super useful and really good, one is pretty meh. I forget which is which but one of them is also like $200
>>
File: tumblr_oe378fAzsB1s0p7kpo1_1280.jpg (660KB, 1280x1730px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oe378fAzsB1s0p7kpo1_1280.jpg
660KB, 1280x1730px
>>
>>51209589
That 2nd guy is like

>The fuck I am supposed to do

Also

>Salamanders not being charcoal black just some nigga black

Disgusting.
>>
>>51209823
What do you think charcoal black is supposed to look like, dumbass.
>>
>>51210152
>>
File: RealSalamanderbean.jpg (69KB, 361x477px) Image search: [Google]
RealSalamanderbean.jpg
69KB, 361x477px
>>51210152
This is a real Salamander, not some nigga from the hood.
>>
>>51210284

>the kfc is closed today
>>
>>51210294
I mean their fucking skin is irradiated, their eyes are fucking red or some shit and they look fucking black as night not some brownie ooga booga from africa.
>>
File: 1384989397576.jpg (100KB, 786x1123px) Image search: [Google]
1384989397576.jpg
100KB, 786x1123px
>players are low on wounds and out of fate
>group's well-being depends on one player passing the roll
>weapon jams for the first time in a year-long campaign
>the group goes "oh shi-"
>the player starts fervently praying to the Emperor
>decide to let him reroll, because why not and I appreciate good roleplay
>rolls a 1, thus saving the group
>>
>>51210284
That's browner and much less charcoal than the picture in dispute, anon.
>>
>>51210349
It isn't. And it has skin defects not some fucking afro ooga booga hair and perfect skin.
>>
>>51210344
You should grant him FP anon. Emperor blesses him.
>>
File: 1313525363-Too_black[1].jpg (23KB, 307x396px) Image search: [Google]
1313525363-Too_black[1].jpg
23KB, 307x396px
>>51210284
>>
File: Today I will remind them.jpg (68KB, 473x480px) Image search: [Google]
Today I will remind them.jpg
68KB, 473x480px
>>51210452

Why would you post the whitest man in Argentina when discussing the Salamanders?
>>
>>51210452
Nah mate.
>>
>>51210466
He's more Salamander black than the guy >>51210284 posted.
>>
>>51210487
He looks more like a gorilla to me. But someone making his eyes red in paint and the skin irradiated all scarred because of the planet would be hilarious.
>>
>>51210388
The cracked skin comes after a few decades of service. The other dude's a (literally) fresh-faced recruit.
>>
>>51210516
Source? As far as I am concerned Nocturne is irradiated as fuck and their skin and eyes are looking this way because of this. They are the monster-not-being-a-monster-but-a-friendly-pal cliche not some niggas turning their weapons sideways and listening to some hippity hoppers.
>>
File: clown cannot honk.jpg (82KB, 917x900px) Image search: [Google]
clown cannot honk.jpg
82KB, 917x900px
Very small-tiny update right now, a quick fix to a problem someone pointed out earlier this week.

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.13)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d28i243u2k7di3z

Changelog:
-Harlequin "A Foot in the Future" fixed. It now correctly specifies unmodified Agility BONUS instead of score (whoops), and better clarifies how the talent should work. It should NOT grant Unnatural Speed, but just a little kick in the right direction when needed.
>>
So I was looking through the rule books for various 40K systems and I noticed something. Playing a ranged character in the style of a storm trooper/soldier with 1 two handed basic weapon is by far the weakest way to play. Sniper, Dual Wield and Heavy Weapons are all simply better (Dual Wield especially is basically a direct upgrade as you can apply the pistol grip mod to basic weapons and use two at the same time with no real penalty). I also noticed that Ranged characters got very little love in terms of talents compared to melee characters.

With that in mind I designed this talent to encourage a single weapon style of play and wanted to run it by you guys.

>"Rapid Fire: When you make a successful attack with a basic ranged weapon that does not benefit from an aim action you may as a half action make a second attack with the same weapon. This talent can not be used in conjunction with Two Weapon Fighting."

So basically it allows you to spend an full action to attack twice at the cost of not being able to aim (included primarily to avoid sniper accurate cheese and general balance). Two weapon fighting is specifically excluded because I couldn't think of a more elegant way to say "Don't cheese this talent with pistol grip dual bolters to get 4 attacks every turn". It's very much inspired by similar principles to the "Devastating Assault" talent for melee characters.

What do you guys think? Is this fair? Are there any ways for someone to cheese this using something I'm unaware of?
>>
>>51215307
>Let me full auto twice with my autogun
>Let me delete anything with my meltagun
>Let me set the battlefield aflame with my flamer
>Let me move into point blank and pump 6 rounds from my combat shotgun into your face
>All this while denying most the ability to avoid the second attack as very few enemies get more than one reaction ever.
>>
>>51215384
You can do all of these things with Two-Weapon Fighting. Also for your point about the shotgun, you can't move and use a full action in the same turn. About evasions, this also applies to Two-Weapon Fighting along with several other talents and character types (like the aforementioned Devastating Assault melee character).

I don't find your arguments to be all that applicable here, especially since what you're saying is basically "It's unfair because it allows you to do Two-Weapon Fighting but without the benefit of aiming or moving and at negatives if you want to full or semi auto"

Seriously, none of what you said can't be applied just as equally to Two Weapon Fighting. In fact some of your points apply more to Two Weapon Fighting than they do to what I proposed.
>>
>>51215646
With two-weapon fighting, you need two weapons. With that talent, you only need one.

>Full auto is a full action
Only in DH 1e, RT, and DW.
>>
>>51215307
So with this talent, I fire my Astartes Assault Shotgun full auto into a Horde at point blank and score six successes. This is 8 magnitude dead, then I do it again.

>>51215675
You need two weapons, multiple talents, reloading takes twice as long, and you're generally limited to pistols or hand weapons.
>>
>>51187633
>Namely, the larger mutation chart
I did this and the first time one of my player rolled on it, his skeleton jumped out of him when he was sleeping and jumped the system leaving a trail of corpses behind. The party managed to pull some strings with Mechanicus and got him basically a new skeletal structure. and I gave him the Machine trait for good measure. Then they went after the spook.

It all lead to a campaign where they tracked down the spook to a Hive World where it had founded a chaos cult for itself in the lower levels
>>
>>51215731
Oh, and I just realized that the talent that poster is suggesting also removes the need for Independent Targeting. Since he was also suggesting just one basic weapon, it also makes it more accurate since you can only lower the two-weapon penalty to -10 with two basic weapons.
>>
File: skeletongangster.jpg (329KB, 800x667px) Image search: [Google]
skeletongangster.jpg
329KB, 800x667px
>>51215780
>So father, we meet again
>>
File: 1398703010474.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1398703010474.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>51215873
Pretty much
>>
>>51215731
>generally limited to pistols or hand weapons
Pistol Grip
>This modified handle is designed for smoother usage, and allows the weapon to be wielded in one hand without the usual –20 penalty. However, it becomes more difficult to aim accurately and thus its range is halved.
Can be applied to any basic ranged weapon and is not that hard to get.
>Reloading takes twice as long
You have twice as much ammo
>You need two weapons
This is why the talent I came up with is literally worse than Two Weapon Fighting since you can't aim or do anything else while using it (Two attacks under TWF rules is a half action, not a full action).
>multiple talents
Okay, this is fair. How about I split it into 3 separate talents like TWF then. Like so.

>1: When you make a successful Standard attack with a basic ranged weapon that does not benefit from an aim action you may as a half action make a second standard attack with the same weapon. This talent can not be used in conjunction with Two Weapon Fighting

>2: When you make a successful semi-auto attack with a basic ranged weapon that does not benefit from an aim action you may as a half action make a second semi auto attack with the same weapon. This talent can not be used in conjunction with Two Weapon Fighting (Prerequisite - 1)
>3: When you make a successful full-auto attack with a basic ranged weapon that does not benefit from an aim action you may as a half action make a second full auto attack with the same weapon. This talent can not be used in conjunction with Two Weapon Fighting (Prerequisite - 2)

That better?
>>51215812
You can eliminate the TWF penalty in DH2 (Ambidextrous makes it -10, Two-Weapon Master makes it no penalty). Also you can aim for an additional +10. I made the talent with DH2 rules in mind. That said, I am certain that the other games have a similar talent that does the same thing (Isn't it Gunslinger in DW?)
>>
File: two weapon master.png (188KB, 391x210px) Image search: [Google]
two weapon master.png
188KB, 391x210px
>>51215925
Still only single-handed weapons like pistols.

Also
>Full auto is a full action
>Playing DH 2e
Well which is it?
>>
>>51215925
>range is halved
so again, basically a pistol
>twice as much ammo
and you're using it twice as fast
>you still need to acquire two weapons with mods and twice as much ammo and god help you if you want specialty ammo
>>
>>51215965
That does not explicitly preclude using Basic Weapons with Pistol Grip mods.

A one handed weapon is a weapon you can use with one hand. I've looked into this before and by wrote you're wrong about this. Saying only pistols in regards to this talent is GM fiat (though it is certainly fair, that doesn't change the fact that it's fiat that relies on your GM agreeing with you).
>>
>>51216015
You're also using ammo twice as fast with the talent I suggested, therefore needing twice as much ammo and needing to reload twice as often (TWF you don't reload twice as often, you reload two guns at the same time).

And it only works if your first attack is a hit, (SUCCESSFUL attack). If you miss the first one with what I suggested you don't get a second attack, with TWF you get a second attack either way. Since you can't aim or move you're usually going to be rolling your base Ballistic Skill unless the fight starts close up then maybe you get a +10, so the chance of missing that first attack is pretty legitimate.
>>
>>51216105
Look clearly you're very attached to this stupid idea. Why did you bother asking for input if you weren't going to listen to any of it?

And if you're so convinced your thing is worse than using two weapons why don't you just use two weapons?
>>
>>51216128
Because I want to be able to play with one gun but I can't because every time I do my character's damage falls so far behind that I end up dying, contributing nothing to encounters or both and have to make a new character who does use 2 weapons or is a sniper. Because god forbid that the most common and viable method of modern military combat (people using 1 gun) actually be fucking usable in this game.

I'm attached to it because I am fucking sick of 'lol so fucking cool dual wielding sword guns' bullshit being the only viable way to play a non-sniping ranged character in this entire fucking series of games.

That's fucking why.
>>
File: only war.jpg (282KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
only war.jpg
282KB, 1275x1650px
>>51149475

Might be starting Only War pretty soon. This'll be my first ever pen & paper RPG. Not sure what kind of campaign the guy's running, but the group is meeting for the first time next week to discuss meet times and whatnot.

What should I expect? Dos and don'ts? I'm familiar with the concept of "That Guy" and whatnot, but I'd really like to not make a bad impression. The GM knows that I've never played before and he seems totally cool with it but as far as I know the rest of the group are experienced RPG players.
>>
>>51216248
War.

Do shoot the enemy, don't shoot your teammates in melee with the enemy unless if you have Target Selection.

Do throw grenades at the enemy, don't throw grenades when your teammates are near the enemy.

Do work with the group to make plans, don't then disregard the plans and charge in like a retard.
>>
>>51216190
>modern military combat
There it is. In a game of chainsaw swords, psychic space fungus, genetically enhanced power armored cyborg super soldiers, bayonet charges involving millions of troops, a system of FTL that causes hundreds to die (if you're lucky) every time you use it, and a corpse god that feeds on the souls of thousands of psychics every day just to literally keep the lights on, there's always one motherfucker that complaining about muh realism.
>>
File: All Guardsman Party.png (635KB, 1185x2562px) Image search: [Google]
All Guardsman Party.png
635KB, 1185x2562px
>>51216288

Thanks, anon. I think I can handle that. What else you got?
>>
>>51216343
Depends on the regiment. Tips for a line infantry regiment wouldn't be as useful for a regiment where you use a leman russ.
>>
>>51216364

I figured so, but I was more going for how to not come across as a sperg, keep my spaghetti in my pockets, but still be an active member of the group without being the awkward quiet guy. I'm excited about this, been looking for a group to play with forever now, just don't wanna fuck it up.

I'm downloading the PDF for the rulebook now.
>>
>>51216400
Oh, those types of tips.

Know what to do on your turn before your turn comes.

Don't hold up the group trying to remember what your character can do or what to roll for damage.

At the very least, have the combat modifiers section open. Better to memorize it.
>>
>>51216427

Awesome, I can do that. Thanks again.

Should I bother coming up with some character concepts so I have some room to maneuver once we have our first meeting and I learn what everyone else is bringing to the table? I realize this runs the risk of me getting too attached to one particular character I might not be able to play, or perhaps waste my time with a bunch I'm not going to be able to play at all depending on what kind of game the GM wants to run, but if nothing else I figure it'll be good practice. What do you think?
>>
>>51216509
It certainly helps.
>>
File: Cadia Bites Za Dusto.png (1MB, 875x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Cadia Bites Za Dusto.png
1MB, 875x1450px
>>51216509

If you know the type of regiment beforehand, having an idea of what specialization you want will help. If you don't know the regiment, having some basic personality outlines and key facts that can be molded into a specialization later is useful. Remember, your basic dudes are easier to play and build, while specialists require some care and effort.

Two things to make sure to ask is:
-How strict will canon be followed
-How serious will the game be
Each allows for different concepts, and help you fine tune your shit.
>>
File: AdMech Seal.jpg (18KB, 237x244px) Image search: [Google]
AdMech Seal.jpg
18KB, 237x244px
Not sure where this belongs, anyone got a higher quality version of this image? Looking to use it for a game.
>>
>>51216546

Good stuff, thanks. I don't wanna come off as annoying or needing my hand held so I think I'll hold off on asking the guy those questions until we all meet up next week. I can do some basic personalities though. I've always liked the trope in war movies of the really dogmatic/religious guy. The sniper from Saving Private Ryan, Shia LaBaeiouf's character in Fury, etc.
>>
>>51216615
Most of that will go out the window if your group decides to go with the hilarity that is an ogryn world regiment.
>>
>>51216292
>There it is
Nah, dude. He could have made the same point by saying 41st millennium military combat.
>>
>>51216343
One day, I'm going to find a GM willing to run that, and the campaign will be littered with the bodies of PCs.
>>
>So my group is playing dark heresy for the first time, and one player is a guardsman melee machine of doom(TM), another is a closet heretek, the last is playing a psyker
>So apparently our psyker player forgot that psychic phenomena was a thing apparently
>Eldar was temporarily working with them, psyker decided to be nice and grab a bunch of candy for the eldar
>Psyker proceeded to try to grab some of the candy with telekinetic powers
>rolls an 88
>rolls perils of the warp and gets dark summoning
>ends up being a bloodletter
>bloodletter proceeds to kick his ass and brutally murder him
>Eldar just watched and continued to eat candy
>NPC interrogator whom typically bursts into the room asking if there was any heresy
>he bursts into the room and slips on the blood that is everywhere
>Eldar lies and says he exploded, then finishes the candy bar
>>
>>51215307
Where in their asses does everyone pull that you can dual wield guns with Pistol grips? It's for Pistol weapons only
>>
>>51217769
>Eldar eating candy
>standing idly by while there is a daemon around
WTF is this shit?
>>
I'm hacking Black Crusade into the Cryptomancer system since the hiding from the Risk Eaters/Inquisition and inevitable "you will be found out and killed" seemed to suit well.

Also because I hate how many rules 40KRPGs have.

Has there been any other homebrew attempts to lighten the rules a bit?
>>
>>51218639
Why would you take a racing motorcycle and make a family sedan out of it?
>>
>>51218746
'cause I want to race with my family
>>
>>51218941
Then why buy a motorcycle?
>>
>>51218564
Autists
>>
Question: if your Rogue Trader PCs buy a Barracks as a part of their ship's starting Components, would you let them have some of the really big troop transport shuttles that the Imperial Guard use to land entire companies at once? They're referenced in the Only War adventure book, but there weren't any stats for them in any book I've seen.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Devourer_Dropship
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tetrarch_Heavy_Lander
>>
Is there some sort of talent that lets me increase my maximum fate points?
>>
>>51220390
Considering that in Battlefleet Koronus, they give your ship 4 shuttle space for any cargo hold components (which the barraks is part of), I include 4 of them for each Barrack when I GM. As for stats, I''ve never had to use them other than story wise, but I would hhave made something frun the gun-cutter, bigger, less weaponry, slower and less nimble.
>>
>>51220578
No. Only GM awards that.
>>
How would one go about making doomguy in 40k?
>>
>>51220856
Black Crusade with a Harness of Rage and a daemon weapon with the Fueled by Slaughter attribute.
>>
Is there a melee weapon equivalent of the impact glove? I really like the puritan's wrath but two handed is such a bummer.
>>
>>51220952
Power fist? The hell is an impact glove?
>>
>>51220996
Impact gloves are the things that reduce the penalty for firing basic weapons single handed aren't they?
>>
>>51220996
>>51221048

Fuck me I meant recoil gloves.
>>
>>51220578
Too many Fate Points ruins the game anyway, why would you want that?
>>
>>51221097
Its an only war game so literally everyone has only one fate point. GM is also inexperienced af so almost every battle is a near tpk.
>>
>>51221114
>Only War
>almost every battle is a near tpk
Sounds about right.
>>
>>51221048
>>51221062
Why do you need to one-hand it? Planning to use a shield?
>>
>>51221246
Truth is, I have a powerfist and I'm in love with both weapons so I'd like to use the at the same time.
>>
>>51220887
Thanks bud
>>
>>51221339
To my knowledge, the only thing that allows you to wield two-handed weapons with one hand is being a bone 'ead in Only War.
>>
Holy fuck so many flakes in online games. I just want to run a consistent DH each week
>>
>>51221114
Ask the GM to award the party more Fate points. Like, even the pre-gen adventures have points where they say to give the PCs a Fate point as a reward.
>>
>>51221371
This is why I always have a list of reserve players.
>>
>Five Rounds Rapid
>The character making this Order may have any number of his Comrades beyond the first within Cohesion use a Full Action to participate in the Order. As part of this Order, the character issuing it must choose a target and make a Difficult (–10) Command Test with a +10 bonus for each Comrade participating in the Order. If he succeeds, his next ranged attack this Turn gains the Concussive (X) Quality, where X is equal to
his Degrees of Success on the Command Test. The character can only use this Order once per Combat Encounter and he must have at least one Comrade within Cohesion to enact this Order.

So if I use this in tandem with a flamer, do all targets affected also have to deal with the concussive quality or is there some sort of rule that makes flamers not count as "ranged"?
>>
>>51218564
1) Im pretty sure that an Eldar doing the whole "temporarily an outcast" thing might try some new foods if its not poisonous
2) you wanna try fighting a bloodletter and risking it killing you all for a psyker who abused his powers and is a human, Eldar tend to be callous and uncaring if a thousand humans die to save just 1 Eldar life
>>
>>51223232

They'd all have to deal.
>>
>>51223409
Flamers truly are the king of crowd control.
>>
>>51223232
Depending on how you stretch it, you can do the same with a photonflash grenade.
>>
>>51223502
Technically the stun is coming from the comrade's attacks so if you roll high enough, even a thrown rock can have concussive (5).

>Heavy gunner/Sentry with a multilaser takes this talent
>Storm of iron
>Las weapon expertise
>Stunlock every nigger in the room while dealing mad damage
>>
So I am in a only war game right now. I'm also about 80 percent sure that the planet our regiment is on is about to have a case of daemons. All the daemons. Does anyone have any tips on how to survive a large scale incursion of daemons?
>>
>>51223814
By shooting yourself in the head.
>>
What are some unusual 40k novels that might give you some story ideas?
>>
If I want to hunt high Dodge targets Like Eldar, then is it better to have a high pen weapon with moderate rate of fire, or a zero pen pistol with much higher rate of fire?
>>
>>51223953
Not letting them dodge in the first place or using accuracy by volume with others.
>>
>>51223953
Their armor is still good so an Autocannon would probably better than a Multilaser.

Just get your other dudes to shoot first so they spend their dodge on those guys.
>>
>>51224007
>Eldar armor so good that you should use an autocannon
>Eldar armor
>That good
Most of it is guardsman-tier stuff with the striking scorpion being the odd xeno out.
>>
>>51224091

a lot of things like dark reapers and warp spiters have aspect armor, essentially power armor.
>>
>>51223814
Hmmm, there's a bunch of things that can impact your survival chances. I can't really answer the question unless I know more about the situation.

For example:
Why do you think there is about to be a major demonic incursion on the planet?
What assets do you have, what liabilities/risk factors are there?
What is the biggest gun you have access to?
What is the biggest gun you don't technically have access too, but can conceivably steal in the midst of a demonic incursion?
If push comes to shove, what is your escape plan for getting off the planet?
Do you know anyone friendly who can potentially act as a shuttle pilot to get off world?

Etc.
>>
File: 1443232975770.png (437KB, 456x427px) Image search: [Google]
1443232975770.png
437KB, 456x427px
should a corrosive spit attack from a monster be impact, or energy?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>51224639
1 impact
2 energy
>>
>>51224639

Energy
>>
For a group playing dark heresy (2nd edition if thats relevant) i am being the GM for one of my players are interested in creating a character who is a genestealer in disguise, no idea if they are planning on stabbing the group in the back or not but either way im a bit at a loss on how to handle this stats/rules wise since there doesnt seem to be anything in the books
>>
Was thinking on having an optional mission for the resident party Pysker to go undercover and infiltrate a rogue psyker cell. But for the life of me I can't think of what they'd be there doing, how they'd get in there, or what the rest of the party would be doing.

Should I just drop it? Has anyone done this before? How'd it go?

>>51149475
>"Anything more than a Lasgun is Overpowered" Edition
I agree they basically kill everything
>>
>>51225498
Don't let them.

Just don't. There is nmo way to make that work fluff- or rules-wise without the entire adventure being created around the scenario.
>>
>>51225498
Deny it.
>>
>>51225633
Psyker rights movement. "I could feel psychic stuff going on because I too am a psyker". Shopping spree.
>>
>>51225633
A secret society headed by people in positions of some power whose powers emerged late and are plotting to take over the planet's administration and politics from the shadows.
>>
>>51225646
yeah, i was suspecting as much but wasnt sure since there is like 5ish source books and 15 supplements between them or more, and the only fluff reasons that were suggested by the player was "the disguised genestealer is cutoff/had the splinter fleet destroyed" if i let that flimsy reasoning get by they might as well be allowed to also play an Ork by wearing purple and a paper mask with a human face on it
>>
>>51226355
>play an Ork by wearing purple and a paper mask with a human face on it

Wouldn't you know,I played in a game of Rogue Trader where that was almost verbatim the case with one of the party members... Although in his case it was a bucket with a face scribbled on it.
>>
>>51226677

"Orks pretending to be X" used to just be a joke, but became a common trope after Deffwotch. It's hard to do an original variant now.
>>
>>51227098
Well, it seems that i have some required /tg/ material to read, although i did just get a stupid idea of an investigation into an Imperial Guard base based on that, its probably going into the "we are drunk and therefore stupid" or "its too stupid to exist" pile
>>
>>51216661
so, wait: in only war, you CAN'T each pick your own fav regiment....but you CAN all be ogryns??????
Jesus....the roleplaying potential is huuuge......fug...
>>
>>51225498
Orks are at least humanoid in body type. How the fuck is a genestealer supposed to disguise as a human?
>>
>>51218746
Because that racing motorcycle don't run, senpai. It's an over-engineered under-tested mess of bloat.
>>
>>51230674
Disregarding the terrible everything of your post, yes to both.

There are mixed regiment rules, but letting each PC be from a specific regiment gets min-maxy as fuck.
Regimental creation is expanded upon in Hammer of the Emperor and Shield of Humanity.
>>
>>51230731
>Disregarding the terrible everything of your post
Get over yourself. And thanks for the helpful post! See, that wasn't so hard, eh? Being helpful can be fun!
Now, for those anons who wanna play catachans alongside cadians alongside valhallans: why can't they?? I assume raw says so, obviously: but why in your experience can't they?
>>
>>51230874
Reread his post you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>51230674
>so, wait: in only war, you CAN'T each pick your own fav regiment
You can. There's even an example regiment that's made up of 3 different regiments, some of which are harder to draw from.
>>
>>51230923
'min-maxy as fuck' is an undefined term: I am seeking clarification, mm-kay?? Do you approve, you hemorrhoidal babboon??
To clarify: please describe the problems with multi-regiment ow groups. Thank you.
>>
>>51231144
First i've heard of this, anon: I've heard only complaints that everyone must be of the same reg. Could you elaborate?
>>
>>51230683
Presumably from being a Ymgarl Genestealer, it says they have limited shapeshifting and are essentially the abandoned child of the tyranids
>>
didnt this game used to use roll 2 keep 2 for damage?
>>
>>51231348
Wot?
>>
>>51225498
genestealers can't and won't disguise themselves as human. ever.
Perhaps what your player means is a genestealer cultist: hybrid human/genestealers. To pass as human, he must be fourth generation genestealer cultist: that means he's human, but psychically linked to the hivemind; maybe with a few mutations
So, a regular human with a secret and a big family. NOT a genestealer in human skin.
>>
File: Old Guard.jpg (89KB, 1074x857px) Image search: [Google]
Old Guard.jpg
89KB, 1074x857px
>>51231188

The point of making a regiment is to have all players with a shared identity, shared strengths and capabilities, and shared weaknesses. It mirrors the breakdown of the Excertus Imperialis into specialized Astra Militarum regiments - you are good at what you do, and have no capability to do anything else.

A mixed regiment throws this for a loop. Different players from different regiments do not have a cohesive identity, and are capable of doing all sorts of tasks without any sort of limitation. It is hard to have a specific type of game when you have one guy who can do the task, and everyone else waffles about until their specialization comes up. If everyone makes characters from different regiments because they can't agree on what they want to do, you have bigger problems than a do-it-all generic regiment.
>>
>>51231458
Thanx yet again for a timely and thoughtful response!
So, in a nutshell: ow players can't be trusted to make a cohesive group, so the game shoehorns them into one specific group.
But, you say this creates a set of characters all with the same identity, strength, capabilities, and weaknesses.....erm, isn't that BAD?? I mean: I play deathwatch, and even dw marines are more differentiated than what you describe for ow: they at least can come from any chapter....but in ow, the characters don't even have that much of an identity??
Now, to be clear, I am not attacking the game, just trying to understand.
>>
>>51231570
Just because everyone drives a tank, doesn't mean you can't all drive different KINDS of tanks. It's a matter of controlled chaos, mang.
>>
File: Legion Glaive Tank.png (2MB, 1078x705px) Image search: [Google]
Legion Glaive Tank.png
2MB, 1078x705px
>>51231570
>ow players can't be trusted to make a cohesive group, so the game shoehorns them into one specific group.
>erm, isn't that BAD

From a logical standpoint? Yes. But this is 40k, logic was tossed out 10,000 years back. This is not to purposefully impose cruel limits on players or anything from an outside perspective, but as a safeguard.

Ten thousand years ago, during the Horus Heresy, the Excertus Imperialis had regiments that could do anything, take on any foe, and when half of them rebelled, they could transport themselves anywhere and strike at anything. The whole reason an Astra Militarum regiment can only do one thing (artillery, superheavy, scout, etc) is to limit the damage they can do if they do rebel. Your line infantry regiment can rebel, but they will get fucked by the loyal artillery regiment, while the rebelling artillery regiment will get nuked by ninja regiments. The Only War game mirrors this - your regiment can only do one thing for the safety of the Imperium.

A good team of players will decide what they want to be, and exploit their strengths while working around the weaknesses the Imperial bureaucracy puts upon them. It can be an interesting thing to experience, being sent to a battlefield your regiment is not the best at, surviving, and even thriving. It creates opportunities for players to shine. What should NOT be done is, "Well, we're a mixed regiment and today we're in the trenches. Let's let Bob handle that. Next week we'll be in the forests and Steve can do stuff there."
>>
>>51231655
>controlled chaos
Well, that's the thing: my players are gonna want to play their favorite regiment - I need either a great excuse why they can't, or I need to know what troubles I'm gonna run into if they do...I've held off getting the game because of this one sticking point: the players won't play it if it just arbitrarily tells them they can't be the dudes they wanna be.
>>
>>51231717
I'd just play Deathwatch, then, unless you/your players are deadset on Only War, because DW is more your jam, with your group.
>>
>>51231717

If your players won't agree, then don't play Only War.
>>
>>51231693
>your regiment can only do one thing for the safety of the Imperium.
But that's not how the guard works - each guard regiment is a mixed bag of different services, an eclectic array of ogryns, ratlings, storm commandos, tanks, artillery, scouts, and line troops. That's why......oh, wait - has the guard been retconned into single-purpose regiments? Are you serious?? What edition did THAT happen in?
As for your last paragraph, a good team of players can handle mixed regiments no problem......and i confess I do not really understand your last sentence: uh, do people really play stupid like that? And should the game try to prevent them?? I would think no...
>>
>>51231745
>>51231798
So, wanting to play different regiments in one group is badwrongfun and not allowed in ow? Why??
>>
>>51231819
Honestly, I personally never really played OW, just raising more general suggestions. Me and my group never really had interest in the IG.
>>
>>51231819

See >>51231458
>Different players from different regiments do not have a cohesive identity, and are capable of doing all sorts of tasks without any sort of limitation.
>>
Hey. Can somebody throw some good adventure seeds at me for adventures that deal with the friction and politics between the adeptus mechanicus and the inquisition?
>>
>>51231805
>has the guard been retconned into single-purpose regiments?

It's been like this for a long time. This isn't a retcon. A basic "army" you see will have components of multiple regiments under one commander.
>>
>>51231570
>??
>that typing style
Please lurk more. Just a little.
>>
>>51231844
>Different players from different regiments do not have a cohesive identity, and are capable of doing all sorts of tasks without any sort of limitation.
So, it's done just to limit player action and choice?? How is that fun? How do they justify it??
>>
>>51231876
Been here longer than (You), senpai, desu!!!!!
>>
>>51231862
You don't know the old ways, then. This is a retcon - in oldhammer, a player could have tanks and artillery and troops and rough riders and elites and scouts and have them all be the SAME BLOODY REGIMENT.
>>
>>51231253
People are shit. Don't rely on them to do your reading for you. They will only fuck it up.

Open up Hammer Of The Emperor, read 28-31 and 48 onwards.
>>
>>51231963
You sir, rock the casbah. I will check that ref right now. Have a great day!
>>
>>51231963
That was a rather disappointing read! Mixed regiments raw seem to be a gm fiat for plot. It doesn't seem to address the PLAYER'S need for multiple regimental troops in one play group.
My players want to know what happens when a cadian, a catachan, a valhallan, a vostroyan, and a mordian walk into a bar.......THAT'S the group they want to play. Why is this a wrong thing to want?
Looks like I'll just be lootin' the good bit out of this for my homebrew....fuckin' sigh.
>>
File: 1497231-psyker.jpg (22KB, 273x320px) Image search: [Google]
1497231-psyker.jpg
22KB, 273x320px
Is there a discord or something for these threads? I'd love to pick your brains over some RP scenarios
>>
>>51232535
Easier to just ask here or next thread as the case is.
>>
>>51232340
>I'm trying to do something that the system is not only not designed to do, but designed not to do
>why aren't there rules for this?
Dude. If you want to do it just do it. People have already told you why things are how they are. Just shut up about it. You're all kinda of obnoxious.
>>
>>51232773
Kinds of*. Not kinda.
>>
>>51232751
ya but the 5e discord gets more text traffic than the 5e thread does. Was hoping there was something like that for the 40k one
>>
>>51232819
I don't think one exists for the RPG.
>>
>>51232819
>Abandoning the great 4 to circlejerk each other in some discord
>>
>>51232819
Threads die real fast and communities get really insular and circle jerky when discards start happening. Save it for your group, I'd say.
>>
>>51231884
Que "You're In The Army Now."

You're soldiers in a war, the story is as much about your regiment as it is your players.
>>
>>51232340
No idea what you were expecting, or why you think it's GM hand wavy.
>>
>>51233041
So keep it in the OP.
>>
>>51233413
Nah. Fuck discord groups.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.