[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 461
Thread images: 59

File: monsterous gen.png (717KB, 1003x971px) Image search: [Google]
monsterous gen.png
717KB, 1003x971px
Shitposting sisters edition
>>50743965 previous

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
>>
The shittiest tier list on the internet v5.

>S TIER
CWE
SM
CD
>A TIER
Necrons
DA
SW
GSC
Tau
IK
Magnus
>B TIER
Admech (War Convo somewhere between A and B tier)
CSM Post Traitor Legions
Deathwatch
SoB
>C TIER
Nids
Harlequins
GK
Inq
DE
AM
MT
BA
TS Without Magnus

>POINTLESS TIER
CSM w/o Traitor Legions
Orkz
>>
I'm boycotting the new codex, someone pirate it for me.
>>
>>50746360

Yeah but being stunned is a bitch.
>>
>>50746349
>>50743965
Is there a competition for worst cover image going on?
>>
Shadow of Ullanor epub? Anyone?
>>
>"The war is over, Diocletian. Win or lose, Horus has damned us all. Mankind will share in his ignorance until the last man or woman draws the species' last breath. The warp will forever be a cancer in the heart of all humans. The Imperium may last a hundred years, or a thousand, or ten thousand. But it will fall, Diocletian. It will fall. The shining path is lost to us. Now we rage against the dying of the light."
- The Emperor

>"The war is over. Humanity has lost. Warhammer 40k - in all its Gothic, towering, Cylopean, decrepit, doomed, rotting Byzantine majesty - has taken its first irrevocable step."
- ADB, BL Author

>imagine bothering to play as ANY faction other than Chaos

Why are you even bothering?

Why play a game where the setting ending is decided for you? Are you a bunch of cucks?
>>
Should I use my Chrimbo cash to start Thousand Sons or female Space Marines?
>>
>>50746355 #
Yeah even though I was just trying to defend the codex a minute ago a lack of a decurion is baffaling and if it was included I would be giving the codex B+ Instead of a C
>>
Nth for the hammer of the Emperor

Ave Imperator!
>>
File: flash gitz.jpg (127KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
flash gitz.jpg
127KB, 720x540px
>>50746364

I'd rate orks above BA, DA and DE because they have a solid all around force despite being fairly meh across the board. DE suck balls unless its haemonculous all day every day and BA & DA are just vanilla marines minus the good bits.

Pic unrelated - my ludicrously yellow orks because damnit I want to blind everyone who looks at my force.
>>
Thoughts on this color scheme? Also the Chapter Generator got the Nurglite update and the Deathwatch got Frag Cannons.
>>
>>50746364
Mostly accurate, though Nids and MT should get their own D tier. Most of the C tiers have at least two or three viable strategies. Neither of those do.
>>
>>50746408
Because humanity losing doesn't mean my precious nids have to lose.
>>
>>50746445
I fucking love Flash Gitz why are they so bloody expensive and have no save!

Its like fielding a Riptide with a 6+ armour save.
>>
so the last few threads have been super toxic, is it just the same couple people over and over again or is the community just in a shit mood right now?
>>
>>50746457
It does by proxy. The Nids want to eat the Emperor cause he'd make them unstoppable, with him dead, Chaos expands the EoT and Maelstrom et al and engulfs the galaxy. Leaving Nids nothing to eat. Nids die.
>>
>>50746414

> Should I use my Chrimbo cash to ruin the fun for myself or everyone around me?
>>
>>50746472
I think with TSons being shit, Plastic Sisters (probably) not coming and Imperial Agents being shitter, there's a lot of people in shit moods right now.
>>
>>50746472
It's 4chan.
>>
>>50746472
Community is in a shit mood for a whole load of reasons. Though there are a few resident shitposters.
>>
>>50746445
That is too bright.
>>50746472
What's happened?
>>
>>50746489
But I mean come on, we aren't b tier
>>
>>50746449
Gangrene Infected Wound/10
>>
>>50746484
But Genestealers man
>>
>>50746477
That's some Naruto fanfiction tier lore interpretation anon.
>>
>>50746484
To lift your mood, look at traitor legions!
>>
>>50746449
Looks pretty good.
When painting marines I do not have the patience to do something that is half and half unless it was a horizontal split at the waste with everything below the belt a different color or the helmet a different color.
>>
>>50746481
Since when did beakies become annoying cheese?
>>
>>50746484
Yeah I guess, it's just people are poisoning entire threads with petty arguments over nothing, a lot of times it seems just to feel better than someone or put them down instead of being constructive, in all for good debate , I just want it to lead somewhere
>>
File: 4242bad5345c.jpg (158KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
4242bad5345c.jpg
158KB, 720x540px
>>50746470

My yellow flash gitz are alright but theirspeciality is dreadknight killing. I dunno what mystic forces control it but everytime I face a dreadknight they WILL kill at least one.

Either they will roll AP2 and gun one down or my opponent will roll shit for saves but without fail they kill a DK per game when one is involved.

>>50746503

>That is too bright.

No, its not bright enough. When I make some kommandos they will be even brighter.
>>
What's fluffier: 10 man in rhino, or 5 man in razorback?
>>
>>50746472
1. 1K Sons rules were shit outside of Magnus. Models were great. People were disappointed.
2. Plastic SoB aren't coming. GW teased >us and clearly did it for reactions (muh joke!0
3. Master of Mankind book invalidates a large portion of the setting, factions and is just an all round awful fanwank book
4. Imperial Agents nerfed things people liked. Removed things people liked. Then didn't make use of a good idea (combining the factions together so you can do X and Y).

Lots of reasons.
>>
WE ARE THE GODS OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER
>>
>>50746541

>codex

10 man/rhino

>spehss wulf/crusading

5 man/razorback
>>
Did anyone else just...stop paying attention to the lore years ago?

It used to be parody, then self parody, then it just got retarded.
>>
>>50746515
Not really. The fluff states the Nids are attracted to the Emperor by 'months to flame'. That implies they want to eat him. We know they use genetic shit to improve themselves, so the logical conclusion is they become powerful.

The other fluff is outright stated. If Emperor falls, then EoT engulfs the galaxy and Chaos warps it to their liking. Nids can't live in that no matter what you say.
>>
>>50746542
How were Tsons shit?
>>
>>50746514
Yeah, but Deathwatch was shit.

>>50746519
Yeah, but TSons and Word Bearers were shit.

>>50746552
WE ARE THE SOLDIERS, THE LEGION OF LIGHT
>>
>>50746510
I don't know how to feel about that.
>>50746520
Thank you, Anon. I tried going with something to fit with the name, but I ended up creating NLs without lightning. Green and yellow don't fit a name like "Children of the Night" do they?
>>
>>50746503
Just people stringing petty as fuck arguments across an entire general, hopefully people learn to just stop feeding them
>>
>>50746567
Overcosted and restricted to death.
>>
>>50746567
The same reason they've always been shit: they're slow and overpriced
>>
>>50746574
FIRE AND FLAME WE ARE ONE
>>
>>50746574
WE ARE THE CENTRE, THE DEATH OF THE SUN
>>
>>50746564
It's mainly people trying to piss of Carnac, since he only bothers with the fluff and by attacking it, it makes Carnac defend utter retard shit.

But some people are outright upset. People like the 'idea' they're 'fighting' for their faction to win. Being told that Chaos won before the Heresy was over is a bit of a kick in the balls. Taufags are upset their existence is utterly pointless to the setting. Necronfags are upset their existence as super powerful race isn't enough to hold back Chaos. orks are upset their existence is to be a butt of jokes and jobbers. Imperialfags are upset their existence was decided by a Chaos fanboy who writes utter shite.
>>
>>50746600
>>50746601
Fair enough

>>50746603
YOU RUINED IT
>>
File: Children of the Dragon 1.2.jpg (223KB, 492x621px) Image search: [Google]
Children of the Dragon 1.2.jpg
223KB, 492x621px
>>50746577
No green and yellow doesn't fit Children of the Night.

Say umm...what do you think of this for my Children of the Dragon (Blood Angels successor turned Chaos.) With strong Vampire themes?
>>
>>50746567
Rubrics are extremely overcosted mainly.
>>
>>50746603
You had one fucking job, Anon.
>>
Do we have the new novels, or do I need to wait for the new kat to come back up?
>>
>>50746566
Your fanfiction comes from the fact that you assume the nids not eating the emperor is a loss condition. Or that the nids can't eat the emperor at all before he falls.

Lots of baseless assumptions here anon. It's like you have a desire for the fluff to be crap, and will assume whatever possible to reinforce your beliefs. What a miserable life you must lead to have that attitude about anything.
>>
I just got 3 codexes and 20 stealth suits and 40 fire Warriors 20 crisis suits as well as commander farsight. So tell me friends how did I do?
>>
>>50746574
>Word Bearers were shit
Nah. Just use cultists as your core. Their character rules are excellent.
>>
File: Even the dead don't want.jpg (11KB, 263x344px) Image search: [Google]
Even the dead don't want.jpg
11KB, 263x344px
>>50746592
Let me guess something stupid like Orks sucking or Tau?
>>50746620
>>50746625
I'm sorry.
>>
Okay but seriously... why the fuck doesn't the IG get bikes?

T4 guys zipping around the battlefield snagging objectives would be amazing

>Plus think of the modeling opportunities
>>
>>50746643
But it is a loss condition. Chaos defeats the Imperium. Not the Nids. Did you not read the quote?
>>
>>50746660
Just model roughriders on bikes, dude.
>>
>>50746445
Yo. Hit that yellow with a sepia wash man.
>>
>>50746647
I forgot to put the amount that I paid for them but they paid around $200 and the only thing that is pretty well painted is the farsight. And too metal broadside. The guy is also throwing in a box with phone so I can carry my units around
>>
>>50746574
Yeah but literally every other legion is great, fluffy and fun, death guard doubly so
>>
>>50746647
How much my humble bragging anon?
>>
>>50746567

T-Sons are pretty strong, /tg/ getting their panties in a twist as usual. They are fine as long as your opponent doesn't have anything with a 2+ save, flight, an AV value, a fast melee threat, a deathstar, invulnerable saves, large numbers of cheap chaff, significant cover saves, objectives in their own half of the table, monstrous creatures or weapons with an AP > 3.

Otherwise they are super. Maybe even a little OP.
>>
>>50746663
Shadow in the warp.
>>
File: Captain Vaylund.png (31KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Vaylund.png
31KB, 201x281px
>>50746621
>>50746621
>Say umm...what do you think of this for my Children of the Dragon (Blood Angels successor turned Chaos.) With strong Vampire themes?
I want to know more. I'm not too big on that purple but it's pretty okay. Have another of muh marines, BA successor chapter called the Frenzied Scions. Fitting how they're Christmas colored.
>>
>>50746643
not him, but not true. Read the book. the Emperor says that Chaos wins. Not the Nids. Not the Eldar. Not the Necrons. Chaos wins.

The fluff that the Nids are heading to the Emperor is utterly irrelevant. Chaos had won 10k years before that.

Nids can eat the Emperor, but it doesn't matter. Even if the Emperor didn't say that Chaos wins and is the reason for the Imperium to fall, even if that didn't happen, the Nids would still lose. Because as soon as the Emperor falls, EoT expands and consumes the galaxy.
>>
File: Bane of Magnus.png (218KB, 538x330px) Image search: [Google]
Bane of Magnus.png
218KB, 538x330px
>>
>>50746671
I'm seriously considering it, rough riders are cack though so I'm kinda hoping for some okayish rules
>>
File: 1343377771951.png (862KB, 1280x1443px) Image search: [Google]
1343377771951.png
862KB, 1280x1443px
>>50746364

Why isn't IG in your list?
>>
>>50746707
Is that Bjron's?
>>
>>50746695
>Christmas colored.
Do you hate yourself?
>>
>>50746717
AM means Astra Militarum
>>
>>50746685
I'm not denying that. I'm just telling you that this book says that Chaos wins. Not the Nids. Chaos defeats the Imperium. The Emperor falls to a Chaos Champion. The expansion of the EoT would prevent the Nids from surviving, regardless of the Shadow in the Warp. The Astromonican is the only thing keeping it at bay.

I don't think the book is good, which is my entire point, anon. The nids SHOULD be able to win. Being told they and every other faction bar Chaos doesn't win is the depressing shit and what people don't like.
>>
>>50746698
The emperor didn't know about the nids at that point. Additionally, chaos can win vs humanity and lose vs other factions.

And why would you believe anything the emperor said anyways? Do you realize how often that guy was wrong about things?
>>
>>50746408
i know this is shitposting pasta but
>playing 40k for the lore
if i cared about lore id read your nerd books, i just like painting cool army dudes and having them fight aliens
>>
>>50746707

Its still a stupid weapon.

>>50746698

Chaos "winning" has been a thing since 2nd ed. Chaos will eventually fuck mankind its just a race to see if the xenos can gatecrash the party.
>>
>>50746710

Just play DKoK with their Death Rider Detachment.

> Death Rider Platoons
> As Troops
> And a Death Rider HQ
> Death Riders are W2/4+ Cavalry with A3 and once-per-game S5/I5/AP3
> In squads of 5 for dank MSU
> With Meltabombs and Demo Charges
>>
>>50746613
It's not even that, it's shit like commissar training involves shooting six year olds in the face. GW went full grimderp.
>>
>>50746710
>guard bikers released
>made troops
>cheap as fuck and can be in squads of 3-10
>T4
>4+ armour save with jink
>10 points let's you put a multi laser on each bike
The dawn of a new era
>>
File: mfw.gif (2MB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
2MB, 300x264px
>>50746728
>Astra Militarum
>>
>>50746472
Little bit of both. Generals have an unfortunate problem of being slowly turned to shit by the same few posters making bad posts every single day and it drives out the people who actually contribute.
>>
File: BWAHAHHAAHAH.jpg (307KB, 1149x1486px) Image search: [Google]
BWAHAHHAAHAH.jpg
307KB, 1149x1486px
inb4 0/fortifications
>>
Starting a Deathwing army in preparation for The Lion
>>
>>50746414
>chrimbo
i had to google that, and now i am even more disgusted in you brits then before. i let U's being added to words slide, but this is it
>>
>>50746737
I'd agree with this point completely, if the book didn't have ADB have the afterword of saying the same thing 'out of setting'.

I want the old situation, where every faction could 'win', but nobody would ever get to that stage. Now? According to ADB, Chaos wins.
>>
>>50746734
Anon, you have to assume so many things that aren't known to believe the nids can't still win
>>
>>50746756
It's been three years man.
>>
>>50746756
As much as I hate the name, that's what AM means on the guy's list
>>
>>50746707
Honestly, Tzeentch did this.

Somehow gets through 4-5 rolls, lands a 6 for the final roll, the only roll where it'd kill him, while the fucking inventor of the weapon was right there.
>>
File: Chapter Master Valerius looks.png (141KB, 1178x293px) Image search: [Google]
Chapter Master Valerius looks.png
141KB, 1178x293px
>>50746727
That's none of your business.
Just look at the evolution of the colorscheme from right to left. Anyway tell me about your marines.
>>
>>50746707
What is this? A flamer or something?
>>
File: 231655.jpg (38KB, 513x504px) Image search: [Google]
231655.jpg
38KB, 513x504px
>>50746760

10/10 death metal album cover.
>>
Can someone post a link to the VOD of Magnus being whipped?
>>
>>50746760
If you keep reposting the same list with no changes you're as spammy as >Orks are I2 fag.
>>
>>50746748
By that logic, Eldar can prevent the death of humanity by defeating Chaos before hand. Hell, the end of the Beast Arises novel suggests that Eldrad is preparing to work with humanity to defeat Chaos, even if it means the destruction of the Eldar.

But going 'old fluff has said' is fucking stupid. That's old fluff and GW should have learned from WHFB's End Times that people don't like contrived 'bad guys wins lol' situations.

And on top of that. It isn't even the 'Chaos wins lol' from 2nd edition. People liked the fact that Chaos was going to win, but not HOW they were going to win. But that mystery (btw, a thing ADB says he loves) has been destroyed by saying that Chaos won ever since Emperor sealed off the Webway.

This means the 13 Black Crusades are irrelevant.
>>
>>50746472
There have been a few shitty things GW has put out, so people are in a bad mood. However this is merely the fuel, carnac and the like stirring up shit has sparked a fire of shitposting. Just ignore it and actually talk about the game and things will get better.
Speaking of that:
Played any games recently? Tell us about them, pics if possible. Plan on playing any games soon? Painted any models? Post em.
And this threads special question:
Since we've discussed so much shit fluff written by other people, lets discuss good or maybe shit fluff written by us. Tell us about your dudes: their background, their personality, what they've done, their honors, their goals, their mortal enemies and closest friends and allies
>>
Saw an anon posting about this

Is ogryn star viable-ish?
I would kek hard if a bunch of ogryns with a primeris psyker running biomancy started beating shit to death in casual games

On that same note what are some fun guard units to run? I run parking lot and it's pretty non-interactive which is okay for competitive, but in casual games I'm starting to feel pretty beardy
>>
>>50746818
More like Carnac defends utter shite like BL because he has to defend his co-workers.
>>
I had dream about Ollanius Pius guys.

Why did they have to kill him like that

.,_,.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 2000pts.jpg (146KB, 900x816px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 2000pts.jpg
146KB, 900x816px
How about spamming the cheesiest chaos units in celebration of traitor legions?
>>
>>50746408

Remember that time GW did a huge five book fantasy campaign that brought a lot of new interest to the game, then ended it with having the setting die, completely invalidating the actions of every character?
>>
>>50746823

Ogryns (and their mace wielding mates) have no delivery system that makes them viable. That said sticking a priest in there makes them dawn of war (the vidya) levels of pain with re-rolls out the wazoo.
>>
>>50746837
Who can say, maybe he's defending his own fluff. Either way, it's best to just ignore him, most BL fluff and any shitposters and actually talk about the game
>>
File: ft_m1_marine.jpg (16KB, 241x341px) Image search: [Google]
ft_m1_marine.jpg
16KB, 241x341px
>>50746784
Last time I played loyalists was Flesh Tearers in 3rd ed. Back when their new scheme was just a cool footnote in Codex: Armageddon.
>>
>>50746841
Those aren't nurgle bikers tho.
>>
Can someone post the full text of this dumb afterword?
>>
>Between you and me? I find the idea of a single, objective truth for any 40K mystery a little tedious. The fun has always been in exploring the possibility and likelihood of various angles

t. ADB

>Oh, apart from how the Imperium falls. That should be an objective truth :^)
>>
>>50746851
>ogryns
>saint celestine
>war priest with his no fail relic
>biomancy pprimaris
>it's apoc so my m8s don't care about different armies starting together
R8 my setup /tg/
>>
>>50746856
They still get 6+ FNP and the fact that they get tank hunters makes guard players cry home to mommy.
>>
>>50746472

There's currently more shitposters than srsposters.

Also, people keep replying to shitposters. Like, just close your eyes and hit the Hide button.
>>
>>50746864
Yes?
40k has always been a losing battle.
>>
So /tg/ recently my gaming group has gotten back together thanks to some good fortune on my part.

There are about 10 us and we all used to love travelling to tournaments and such but unfortunately our store shut down however I've recently come into possession of 3 bay strip mall that I've converted into a game club.

I say all that to say this - we're all deciding on new armies, we're all pretty competitive (but I think fun) guys and surprisingly enough no one has chosen Eldar so I'm going to pick the pointy ears. I'm really interested in the Corsair list from IA11 as well as possibly running a Warhost from the CWE book. If I wanted to run both what are some solid options from both lists to start with?
>>
File: Flesh_Tearers_RT.jpg (69KB, 316x599px) Image search: [Google]
Flesh_Tearers_RT.jpg
69KB, 316x599px
>>50746854
I actually like the old yellow.
>>
>>50746848
But it didn't. Since AoS just continued where they left off. It contains many of the old characters and all the things those characters and others did all added up to the result.

The difference is, ADB invalidates the actions of every Chaos, Xenos and Imperial character for the next 10k years.

>>50746861
I can if you can give me 5 mins.
>>
>>50746870
Oh no, the imperial guard has been defeated, surely this list shall dominate the entirety of the tier 3 meta.
>>
>>50746818
I think it has a bit to do with it being close to Christmas as well. Kids are gettin out of school, just like the summer influx.
>>
>>50746875
>I like mysteries
>but not the mystery of how it ends

End Result =! How it Ends.
>>
File: image.png (271KB, 495x637px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
271KB, 495x637px
My package arrived today. Lysander, Scouts, Land Speeder Storm, Tac Squad, and a Rhino ready to go. May Dorn fortify your life in the Emperor's glory!
>>
>>50746869

Foot slogging/10.

>apoc

You've lost because you've taken infantry.
>>
>>50746872
>Like, just close your eyes and hit the Hide button.
This. It's the only way to stop carnac. Just tell him he's wrong, he won't change you mind and you won't reply to him again no matter how much he says that means you lost. And then just hide all his posts. Take the high road, people will appreciate it.
Alternatively just post lizardmen, because their cool and get carnac upset.
Actually, lizardmen for 40k when?
>>
Putting together 850 Skitarii. Will I need anything more than the Start Collecting formation and like 2 more Vanguard squads for capping?
>>
>>50746885

>But it didn't. Since AoS just continued where they left off.

Are you entirely high?
>>
>>50746906

850 points, or 850 individual Skitarii models?
>>
>>50746876

Corsairs are pretty hardcore all told because they can mix and match.
>>
>>50746890
Being able to say I can reliably beat anything is still more than I've been able to say for a very long time.

4th and 6th edition CSM were very long running jokes I had to live through.
>>
>>50746905
>Actually, lizardmen for 40k when?
Technically Exodites are pretty close to WHFB Lizardmen but they don't have a 'dex either unfortunately. I'd fucking love to play some dino-riding laser elves in space.
>>
>>50746902
Yeah... one D-pieplate and it's over...

So all that in an inquisitorial land raider?
>>
>>50746928
Points.

Duh.

I wish I had the money for 850 Skitarii models.
>>
>>50746898
The imperium ends, how it ends is the mystery.
>>
>>50746695
Okay.
Durring the cursed 14th founding the Children of the Dragon were given a mission "From the Emperor Himself." that was passed down to them by a Custodian. They were to map the damages and pockets of demon infestation in the imperial web way. It took them centuries but they returned with good news.

What met them was bad news, a full battle host of Sister's of Battle lead by a very angry inquisitor. They Children of the Dragon demanded to take their findings to the Custodians, the Inquisitor demanded it, presumably to destroy it.

When the Children of the Dragon refused the sisters of battle opened fire on the already weakened and depleted marine chapter.

They flee back into the web way, but the word gets out and other space marine chapters, as well as every arm of the Imperium is out for their blood.

They flee to the one place they can find refuge, the Eye of Terror. There Lucius adopts them as a subset of the Emperor's Children. This he did to bolster his numbers of course, and please Slaanesh by turning these Son's of Sanguinius to Chaos.

Slaanesh's power, along with the mutative properties of the Warp altered them and turned them into something much closer than ever before to the Vampires of Legend. Though it also freed them from the Rage felt by the blood angels. It did little to slack their thirst for blood it made it worse and in their drive for perfection of self, their literal thirst for blood grows ever more excessive.
>>
>>50746794
Helfrost Cannon.

>>50746803
It's on Twitch. Warhammer. www twitch tv/warhammer/v/107841676
>>
File: image.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>50746876
>I've recently come into possession of 3 bay strip mall that I've converted into a game club
Excuse me, but what? How do you come into possession of a strip mall? I must know more anon.
>>
>>50746941

>land raider

Dun fucked up.

Joking aside there is no real way to make such a unit work (especially with celestine since she stops you getting in most transports) and thats why ogryns suck.

Flatout better guardsmen blobbing with priests and beating every motherfucker to death in CC becausew good luck killing the guardsmen while the sargeants with power axes cut your legs off.
>>
>>50746349
I haven't played 40k in about 8 years, I think last time I played the Dark Angels had just been released, but the local game store is running a lot of Kill Team sessions in the new year. Is Kill Team a good way to get back into it? If so are Skitarii Rangers a decent pick? They look the most interesting to me.
>>
>>50746885
>Since AoS just continued where they left off

No it didn't. It's been thousands of years since the End Times.
>>
>>50746917

He's entirely Carnac.
>>
>>50746962
You have money anon. It's a pretty simple thing, but one trick is not buying 3 bay strip malls and converting theny into gaming clubs. That's usually a pretty good way to stop having money.
>>
File: Barry White is questioning you.jpg (24KB, 470x423px) Image search: [Google]
Barry White is questioning you.jpg
24KB, 470x423px
>>50746960
>Durring the cursed 14th founding the Children of the Dragon were given a mission "From the Emperor Himself." that was passed down to them by a Custodian. They were to map the damages and pockets of demon infestation in the imperial web way. It took them centuries but they returned with good news.
Hmm...
>Slaanesh's power, along with the mutative properties of the Warp altered them and turned them into something much closer than ever before to the Vampires of Legend. Though it also freed them from the Rage felt by the blood angels. It did little to slack their thirst for blood it made it worse and in their drive for perfection of self, their literal thirst for blood grows ever more excessiv
And I'm okay with this.
>>
>>50746905
Also remember to report obvious shitposting.
>>
>>50746906
That looks good, but I would probably do Start Collecting formation with 10 Vanguard with plasma + two MSU Vanguard with Arc Rifles in a Maniple plus either a second Dunecrawler or a Dragoon/Ironstrider depending on available points.
>>
>>50746861
The war is over. Humanity has lost. Warhammer 40k - in all its Gothic, towering, Cylopean, decrepit, doomed, rotting Byzantine majesty - has taken its first irrevocable step..
Oh, the Horus Heresy isn't quite done yet. Horus's ambitions haven't dried up and vanished, and the Imperium still has to deal with the Chaos-deluded primarch making his way to Terra, but the malignant forces of the warp have achieved their ultimate aim. Humanity's chance to free itself of the warp has been lost. No matter what happens from now on, no matter how hard the Imperium fights against itself, against its enemies, the laughter of mad gods will ech behind the veil.
But this isn't news to you, I'm sure. The central tenet of Warhammer 40k has always been the pitting of humankind against itself, the oldest lore hearkening back to that angelic rebellion called the Horus Heresy, where humanity began its long, inevitable decline. Warhammer 40k has always been about how the centre cannot hold; about raging against the dying of the light. The Imperium of the Dark Millennium, ten thousand years after the Heresy, can't beat its foes. That was never on the cards. Warhammer 40k is the kind of setting where your sins risk breeding very real daemons, where so much knowledge has been lost or sealed away as heretical or dangerous, and above all: where humankind devours itself, day by day, feeding thousands of pyskers into the soul-engines of the Golden Throne to maintain the last flicker of the Emperor's divine will. This is a species sacrificing its future for its present, destroying it's own evolution into a psychic race because to evolve, to ascend, is to shine like a beacon to the creatures of the underworld.
Almost every xenos threat besieging the dying Imperium of Man would be enough, on it's own, to eventually seal the empire's fate - yet one damnation taks thematic primacy and always has. Predatory alien hordes endlessly eat away at the Imperium's borders, but it's the taint [cont]
>>
>>50746986

And the fucking setting is dead and replaced with a lower effort planescape.

The holdover deities are honestly just making things even more awkward by keeping it from being entirely it's own thing, despite being unrecognisable.
>>
>>50746993
No he fucking isn't, don't talk shit, you have no idea what you're on about. Carnac is pro-Chaos. He defends this shit. That guy is against it. Stop speaking shit.
>>
How important is the Imperial Guard to the Imperial?

Are they more-so important than the Astartes?
>>
>>50747033
Imperium* my bad
>>
>>50746983
Kill Team is excellent fun. As well as my main Admech army I have three or four different other Kill Team forces, since they only need one or two boxes of models, so they are great for varying things up.

Skitarii Rangers are decent, but probably a bit worse than Vanguard. My personal Flavor of the Month KT at the moment is 5 Vanguard, 5 Rangers and a sydonian dragoon, with an extra body or special weapon dotted around sometimes.
>>
>>50747002
I'm quite familiar with the concept of money, I'd have to be a really shitty lawyer to not be.
Be he said he came into possession of, not that he bought it. Which implies that he came into possesion of it in some other manner. And seeing as people don't usually just get strip malls, I'd like to know exactly how he got it.
>>
>>50747033
Very much so. Without the guard the imperium would immediately collapse. Without space Marines, the imperium would last thousands of years.
>>
>>50747031

Carnac is either an inscrutable autist or a very dedicated troll. Either way, making sense of him is a waste of time.
>>
>>50747033

without IG you can't wage your wars, defend your planets etc etc
>>
>>50747013
Alright then. Was considering taking Sniper Rangers for the Formation's unit, having long range and all, but thinking about it I should probably no use those in such a low point range.

I really fucking hate that their boxes ship with only 1 of each special weapon, with the Sniper only ever being half-decent on Rangers, which themselves are only ever useful as maybe a 1-of in certain lists.
>>
>>50746823

You can use slabshield bullgryns or Power mauls as the base.
Add 1 or 2 priests. Probably 1 for majority toughness.
Then add Inquisitor Karamazov. He can take anything below AP2 and LoS the S10/AP2 hits onto the ogryns.
If you're feeling like a cheeky bastard, try a lvl 2 biomancy psyker for Endurance.
>>
>>50747014
I'm not exactly sure why this is controversial? It's all true and always has been.
>>
>>50746962

So I'm a debt collector (scum bag I know) - I run my own business, I purchase debts, etc, etc. Recently I purchased a debt on a general contractor's primary place of business. I called him up and we talked through what he owed, where he was and what his options were. He owed me a great deal of money and when he was listing his properties and assets he told me about a 3 bay strip mall he'd built (an investment of his own) that had never gotten off the ground because the area dried up right after he built it.

I had one of my assessors take a look at the property, it was in great shape - met all codes and valued at about what I had bought his debt for so I proposed a trade basically. I'd clear his debt for the title to the strip and land. I thought about selling it but honestly I'm fortunate enough to be in a position where I decided I wanted a gaming club and this is going to be my club.
>>
>>50747033
They are the 99% .

The sledgehammer to the spearpoint.

They bring the numbers to hold the worlds, fight wars of attrition, keep blockades.
>>
>>50747069
>>50747069
I imagine you're a really shitty lawyer not because of an unfamiliarity with money, but rather a tendency to read into common expressions meanings that aren't there.
>>
>>50747074
>thousands of years
I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. Astrates are putting in some serious work against xenos attacks and are ridiculously useful to have. Just removing them would hurt like a bitch.

Though I suppose they could savely be replaced with about an equal amount of IG forces and armor and not much would be lost.
>>
>>50747100
Interesting. God speed.
>>
>>50747005
The good news was that the Librarian believed if they worked 2,000 psyches to death a year, for 10 years, they could repair the damage, and reseal the Webway. It is after all easier to fix something than it is to build it from scratch. Down side... to keep up with demand the Imperium would need to start trying to create psychers intentionally.
>>
>>50747112

Actually in this case he's right - I didn't out right buy it. I rarely buy property, much harder to make money from versus a debt.
>>
>>50747123
Anon, I hate to say this but your warband is sounding too much like BL writing. Pic entirely related.
>>
>>50746841
Look boys we can table him with grav in a turn!
>>
>>50747100
Were you the only creditor? If not, you got a steal.

>>50747137
I still view that as a purchase. Just not directly.
>>
Which army has the worst/most cringy fan base and why is it the sisters of battle?
>>
>>50747074
A thousand years til the last world is lost perhaps, but stability will shake immediately and core worlds will be lost, shattering the Imperium into chunks.
>>
>>50746861
>>50747014
of Chaos that holds a blade to the throat of every man, woman, and child.
The Emperor knew this. Freeing humanity from reliance - heck, from as much contact as possible - with the warp was the species only chance at long-term survival. With the death of that dream comes the long, drawn-out death rattle of the species.
What a cheery thought.
Heavy stuff, right? I can't even begin to frame the context for how many involved discussions and back-and-forths with various loremasters I had during the planning and writting of this book. I've read every single word ever published about the Emperor, and talked about it all about, say, eight squillion times. When you're writing a novel about the greatest figure of unimaginable mystery in the entire setting - in either of its main eras - then of course you're going to need to treat it with some care.
There was no mandate on what had to be included and what needed to be excluded, but I went into it with a fairy tight focus on the things I wanted to show, and the things I wanted to avoid at all costs.
The former is obvious. Pretty much everything I wanted to show has been shown, unless you started here then you're probably just read the book and are now making your way way through my rambling thoughts.
The latter is a far trickier deal. I'm sure this novel will divide people in terms of reception. In many ways it can't help but do that.

>>50747094
Yeah. I can't be assed to write any more. The main problem is the guy said he liked mysteries, but ended one. That the guy claimed his view of 40k is the objective truth. That he admits he's a Chaos fanboy (I can't be assed to write any more as I said) and that he admits he knew what he was writing would piss people off.
>>
File: 3rd ed ork from rulebook.jpg (1MB, 2634x1614px) Image search: [Google]
3rd ed ork from rulebook.jpg
1MB, 2634x1614px
>>50747094

4th ed onwards started painting a picture of daz white vs deepest, darkest africa black which is extremely cliche and very much against 2nd and 3rd ed 40k (which is the period where it got popular).

The shining heros fighting injsutice and evil is somewhat new for 40k given historically 40k has been that everyone is a shade of grewy and no matter who you are ultimately you are insignificant and will not be missed when you die alone on a forgotten planet fighting a forgotten war that is nothing more than a footnote.
>>
>>50747172
Is this new pasta?
>>
>>50747117
Maybe, but I don't think it's an exaggeration to say the collapse would be exponentially faster without the guard.
>>
File: saint_celestine.jpg (143KB, 640x330px) Image search: [Google]
saint_celestine.jpg
143KB, 640x330px
>>50747172

You ever been shat on from a great height for 12 years?
>>
>>50747154
I can delete the part about the good news. I just felt it was fluffy to the Warhammer universe that the Ordo Hereticus would abhor the idea that someone could repair the work of the Emperor, and deem it a justification to kill them.

Regardless of the finding being "We could do it, but the cost might be more than we can afford."
>>
>>50747085
I thought that too, actually, but Vanguard are so much better it's not even funny unless you often play on maps with an 18" wide river in the middle.

Snipers are hilariously bad, they're only possibly useful in a War Convocation, and even then you'll probably want Arc Rifles instead. I need to make some rangers with arc, the 10 I have are all basic. Also, the Dominus' ability to twin-link the plasma calivers at exactly their and the Vanguard's range is really handy.
>>
>>50747167

I was not the only creditor - I was just the fastest.

And ultimately it was a purchase in a round-a-about way. My wife I think almost shot me when I told her about it? But I'm happy with the decision in the long run - plus my buddies have all already set up to pay dues to cover operational costs like insurance, power, water, etc.
>>
>>50747172
It's easily Space Marine players.
>>
>>50747100
That's pretty cool. Good luck with that, I assume you're going to deck it out and make it look all nice and cool inside.

>>50747112
Jokes on you faggot, I was right. Paying attention to small details and getting information out of them is exactly why I'm an extremely good lawyer who can afford to have hobbies like warhammer and still have a nice house, car and not go hungry.
>>
>>50746917
How? It did. Tyrion, Morathi, Malekith, Sigmar, Teclis, Mannfred, Nefereta, Nagash, Arkhan and so on all exist in AoS.

It did continue where it left off. Chaos won, but oh look, bullshit happened and now it's back to fighting again.
>>
File: 1454545086428.png (637KB, 1600x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1454545086428.png
637KB, 1600x1300px
>>50747210
Anon, it's not just the good news that doesn't sit well with me. It's the whole webway thing.
>>
File: 1448917281249.jpg (39KB, 297x296px) Image search: [Google]
1448917281249.jpg
39KB, 297x296px
>>50747228

>vanguard
>good
>>
>>50746957
It's already been said. Dracyneth kills the Emperor. Since Abaddon has that sword... He kills the Emperor. Without the Emperor, mankind dies as it's engulfed by the EoT.
>>
>>50747207
Yeah, that's no doubt the case. You can easily take away a car's seat belts and still drive it while taking away the breaks will definitely make you crash it.

Then again, without a seat belt, you'll probably crash way worse and then realize that it still had its use.
>>
>>50747058
So when you are assembling them do you specifically have to have Kill Team in mind? And roughly what sort of size is a Kill Team? I know it's a minimum of 4 and 200 points max. I never really bothered with a points list last time I played, on account of being 13 and only half knowing the rules.
>>
>>50747267
The Imperial Webway? The Webway made by the Emperor? What about it doesn't sit well with you I thought it was 40K cannon?
>>
>>50747237
Yes, you definitely got a steal then.

>>50747247
You weren't right though. He paid money for the property.
>>
>>50747285
Not that. Your chapter being sent in to fix the webway.
>>
>>50747267

Post the vid of those retarded boston fisherman's voices played with that pic.
>>
>>50747123
>2,000 psyches to death a year, for 10 years
That's only 20,000 psykers, which isn't that many. The Emperor has 1000 psykers sacrificed to him each day. Every day. For 10,000 years. That's over 3.5 billion psykers. I'm sure they could find a few extra somewhere for the project. Other than that it sounds pretty good.
>>
>>50747286
But it wasn't as simple as just him going uo and buying the strip mall. That's like saying that stabbing someone during a mugging is the same as torturing someone you captured to death. Yes they can both be summed up as "he killed that guy" but the means are far different.
>>
>>50747295
They weren't sent in to fix it per say, more assess the damage. They were sent in like insurance claims adjusters not repairmen.
>>
>>50747228
I was shocked by how bad snipers tend to be in 40k when I first checked them out. A trained sharpshooter, even more so a robot equipped and assigned to only shooting once with his big rifle but killing something important shouldn't have a 50/50 chance of doing so. I really, really hope that they buff the entire weapon class come the next edition. It needs more love.

>>50747268
>rangers
>not worse
>implying there are better troop options for Skitarii
>>
>>50747316
See:
>>50747002

Now stop being autistic, this attitude is going to ruin you professionally.
>>
>>50747314
As I understand it there are about a hundred left every day after the daily sacrifices.
>>
>>50747242

I think the people who always whine about space marines at every chance are actually the worst.

>"found the space marine player"

OH LOOK I STOLE YOUR MOVE
>>
>>50747303
There's a video?
>>50747318
That's a better, but I would think the Custodes would know the damage themselves since they got evicted.
>>
>>50747345
I don't mind space Marines anon. They serve a necessary purpose in both fluff and crunch. But their fanbase is toxic.
>>
>>50746567

Want a reroll failed saves? Just spend £500 and play 4000 point games ;)
>>
>>50747319
If it's any consolation, Sniper Veterans are pretty great in 30k games. Free outflank and they get the sniper rule as a USR, as opposed to being stuck with sniper rifles.
>>
>>50747242
>space marines
>worse than tau "riptides aren't op" players, CSM "I'll bitch and shitpost because my army sucks, but fluff that ruins the setting but makes me OP? That's a-ok" players, ork "WAAGH! Randomness is so op I love to rp in threads" players, IG "muh balls of steel, T3 true defenders of the imperium" players
Nah.
>>
>>50747319

Skitarii currently have the best Sniper Rifle, and that's only because it has AP3 standard and 60" range.
>>
>>50747347
They were forced out of there in a battle situation. That isn't likely to give you a good idea of the extent of the damage, but like how a car crash looks worse to you seconds after you hit someone/get hit.
>>
>>50747371
It's probably because it's so massive. If marines have 100,000 players, and 50,000 of them are faglords, this is going to be more obvious than SoB who have 1,000 players and 999 of them are faglords. It's 50,000 vs. 999.

Also ork players are not as bro as they think they are.
>>
>>50747371
>their fanbase is toxic.
They a common as dirt and the entry level army so that's where there'll be the most shitheads too.
>>
>>50747333
Ok, what ever. Remain convinced you're right. I got to know how he came into possession of it, I really don't care if you think that's just purchasing it.
>>
>>50747277
Sometimes, but you can do absolutely fine with regular builds, I just have a little trouble due to not having enough Skitarii yet. I have mostly Cult Mech.

Kill team varies. You have Skitarii, who bring anything between 10 and 20 bodies, are about average (Even if you don't buy any other upgrades, and I reccomend you don't since there are no units to hide the special weapons in and you REALLY need as many dudes as possible to stave off Rout tests, running one Sydonian Dragoon is fun and effective. That's about the only time you want toys over boys).

You have orks, who easily bring 25 models and a Trukk or two, and tend to die in droves to castled Skitarii as long as the Dragoon can pop the Trukks, and rout very quickly when you have killed enough.

You have Deathwatch Marines, who have about 6-9 well kitted bodies. Those can be a real pain, since your middling numbers can struggle to bring enough guns to bear, but can be swarmed and killed by horde teams since they really lack in numbers.

So tl;dr, Skitarii are balanced.
Balanced beats Horde, Horde beats Elite, Elite beats Balanced, although there are always exceptions.

>>50747319

Yeah, if they had just made it S6 or something it would probably be worth it as a long-ranged weaker Meltagun. Not in this format, where it struggles to glance Rhinos and can't explode them.
>>
>>50747319

>skitarii

Failed at the first hurdle champ.

>>50747347

>There's a video?

There is but good luck finding it without knowing the search terms. I know it has been posted on /wsg/ a few times. The vid is basically these two retarded dudes from Boston going "what the fuck is that!?" while that chart is displayed. The original sources is two dudes looking at a sea turtle and generally being retarded but their comments are a perfect match.

>we seeing some shit we ain't never seen before
>thats a fucking tuna bro
>what the fuck is that bro!?
>its fucking hurt bro
>>
>>50746621
>Royal purple and gold
Emperors children approved
>>
good god, how is there no Imperial agents epub to download yet?
>>
>>50747407
That's a very good explanation for why it is cancer.
>>
>>50747383
>mfw CSM bitch even after getting amazing new models and massive buffs and legion rules, which they were literally demanding and bitching about not having for years

CSM will never not bitch. They could be in Eldar's current spot and they'd still bitch about something.
>>
File: Don't lose your way!.jpg (99KB, 740x437px) Image search: [Google]
Don't lose your way!.jpg
99KB, 740x437px
>>50747400
Anon, I'm pretty sure anyone would guess "it's filled with daemons not worth it."
>>
>>50747422
because we know it's shit
>>
>>50747268
>>50747418

Why do you think Skitarii are bad? They trade 6" of range for an Assault 3 boltgun that is twice as good against T6 and 7 and can hurt anything with a T value, are really cheap and decent at almost anything.

Sure, the Rangers are a bit pricy, but still pretty comparable to Fire Warriors, even if those aren't top tier.

Dragoons and Dunecrawlers are great and cheap.

Ruststalkers are bad, but Infiltrators are nice if you use them right, and having a bunch of haywire melee can redeem the stalkers if you get a lucky charge on a LR or Knight or something.
>>
>>50747424
To be fair, only 1kSons fans are bitching, and they deserve to.

The rest of the csm fanbase is quite happy.
>>
>>50747381
I'd probably just play my AdMech stuff in 30k instead, if my local store had literally any 30k players at all. But alas, I'd be alone with that.

>>50747397
That weapon being the best of its class really just makes things seem even worse.

>>50747416
My main issue is the terrible 50% hit chance on it. Realistically, a sharpshooter should need a 2+ to hit, 3+ at worst. Add to that the fact that you usually want to keep a sniper squad miles away from harm, making it impossible to use your normal rifles, and you basically pay 115 points for a 25% chance to score 2 wounds on a normal infantry squad.
>>
>>50747470
Eh, al'kaps is basically being a sore winner now. I guess it's not technically bitching, but bragging about how OP his really not that good deathstar is might as well be what he was doing before.
>>
File: Jw8kE3M.jpg (832KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Jw8kE3M.jpg
832KB, 2448x3264px
>>
>>50747460
but i still want that epub for completeness sake
>>
File: canoness.jpg (916KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
canoness.jpg
916KB, 2448x3264px
>>50747491
>>
>>50747493
Then buy it, don't ask another to suffer for your OCD.
>>
>>50747483

Snipers typically have 30" range, sometimes 36", which is contrasted with 24" for most basic weapons and 30" for Tau Pulse Rifles and Skitarii Galvanic Rifles. The Skitarii Rifle is more realistic for a basic sniper rifle, but is the most powerful thing in its class next to the Vindicare's rifle.
>>
>>50747442
I think that's what anon is saying the chaptet was there for, to determine how full of daemons it was and if the daemons could be removed.
>>
>>50747516
Do not reward GW for this shit product. Do not buy.
>>
>>50747530
Correct.
>>
What's the difference between skitarii and cult mechanics?
>>
>>50747535

Like, it's literally just a compendium of stats we already know with a couple formations added. Like, wtf?
>>
>>50747442
What the fuck is that rake thing
>>
File: 1480432931574.jpg (46KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1480432931574.jpg
46KB, 500x418px
>>50747551
Not much, they're two halves that make up a complete codex.
>>
>>50747483
You mean 50% To Wound chance? Skitarii shoot like Primarchs most of the time.
Yeah, they are a really shoddy weapon type generally, only good on a rapid-fire, cheap and low strength weapon, like the 30k Sniper Vets, or, in Kill Team, a Sicarian Infiltrator's Flechette Pistol or a Vanguard's Radium Carbine.

In fact, rending on rad-weapons is awesome, just because they shoot quickly and then cause two AP2 wounds on 6s regardless of T value.

>>50747528

Even the Vindicare could seriously use a points drop or a damage buff, since he is shit at dealing with 2W+ characters, which is exactly what you bring him for. He hardly makes his points back with his reasonable chance to kill a random sarge, especially next to the 10 points more Kataphron squad that can either drop D3 S8AP1 wounds on something or shoot 18 grav shots, both at reasonable range.
>>
>>50747469

Skitarii aren't bad per se, but they aren't as good as the other options available in the other ad mech books.

Plus as a matter of principle i'm salty that what should be a single codex is spread across 3 books just to jew us.

Salty V2: the GW modfels don't match Blanche's fantastic concept art of the techno-body horror ad mech should have going. Ad mech should be "I have no mouth and I must scream" not "beep boop time to purge infidels techpriest-sama".
>>
>>50747503

She can still buy an eviscerator right?
>>
>>50747587
>Eviscerator 30 pts
>>
File: hand to hand raking.jpg (28KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
hand to hand raking.jpg
28KB, 250x250px
>>50747561
Ryuko's answer to Canadians.
>>
>>50747587
It would be on that list if you could.
>>
>>50747551
Skiitarii are grunts.

AdMech are the scientist-lords
>>
I assume we are not getting plastic sisters after all?
>>
File: tumblr_nvmssxoWue1r1n44mo1_500.jpg (152KB, 489x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvmssxoWue1r1n44mo1_500.jpg
152KB, 489x750px
Idea for a Chaos warband

>Dark Mechanicum experimenting with AI
>Creating an army by stealing space marine bodies, cutting off the heads and strapping machine brains to them
>Essentially reverse cyborgs
>Once the army was built they killed their masters and became renegades

I have no idea what to use for a colour scheme or a name. Maybe 'Animus Malevolus'?
>>
>>50747568
So I can take skitarii units in the same detachment as cult mechanicus units?

Do separate instances of neurostatic aura stack?
>>
>>50747572
What's the third book? Cult Mech, Skitarii, and what? Knights?
>>
>>50746809
>But going 'old fluff has said' is fucking stupid. That's old fluff and GW should have learned from WHFB's End Times that people don't like contrived 'bad guys wins lol' situations.
Nothing has actually changed in the fluff.
It's literally just one Imperial fag shitposting.
>>
>>50747638
yes
>>
>>50747530
I can take that, but now how would the Inquisitor know about the Webway?
>>
>>50747615

Separate instances of Neurostatic Aura (and Rad Saturation, for that matter) don't stack. It's a neurostatic modifier that's simply a binary "yes/no" to the effect, rather than counting each specific instance.
>>
>>50747595

When will GW learn that armourbane ain't worth that much on a S3 (well, S6) model?
>>
File: Tempestus Scions - 1830pts.jpg (242KB, 900x995px) Image search: [Google]
Tempestus Scions - 1830pts.jpg
242KB, 900x995px
So I've made a sort of list to work with. I decided to go with Tempestus and Inquisition. I think they fit each other well, and I don't think I should commit to Sisters quite now. Maybe some time in the future? Who knows.

Anyway, theory behind this list is pretty simple. Command squad takes the back field with the Hot Shot volley guns and takes potshots from cover. The Scions and Terminator+Inquisitor are all deepstrike. The Tauroxes are for the Henchman, getting in them first turn of course. Then the heavy backup is the Valkyries, empty.

What do you think? I was trying to basically make a 'Stormtrooper' Army of the Inquisition. I'm also shy 20 points, but I'm not sure where to put it.
>>
>>50747668

There's a few who travel it. Some are even in good with the Harlequins.
>>
My post earlier was garbage since I was driving. So I just bought my first 40k Army and 40k anything aside from video games. It was a second hand Tau army of:
1 Commander Farsight (painted very well)
2 Broadsides
14 Stealth battlesuits
18 Crisis Suits
38 Fire Warriors
2 Devilfish
2 Codexes
1 Rulebook
6 battlepod things
30 dice(die)
1 Case with foam inserts
All for 200 dollars. How did I do and do I need to spend anything else in order to make my army viable? Was initially considering playing only Kill Team with a start collecting box but I went all in instead.
>>
>>50747303
Another anon delivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_8sggzxGv4

I had a dream that Dark Eldar were good on the tabletop...
>>
>>50747677
6+2d6 is avg. of 13
>>
File: Inquisiotr_Bronislaw_Czevak.jpg (269KB, 986x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Inquisiotr_Bronislaw_Czevak.jpg
269KB, 986x1500px
>>50747681
I meant the Imperial Webway. I doubt Inquisitor Fancycoat knew Emps wanted to get on the webway.
>>
>>50747668
Inquistors know secrets of the Imperium so they can keep them secret. An inquisitor of significant rank would know about it so they could keep it hidden from the public.

I learned this method of secret keeping from Inquistor Verres
>>
I did notice that the Tech Priest can now be taken as an HQ, but why would it be worth it? The formation they added is meh at best for it. (Tech as HQ + elites in a unit all get Canticles.)
>>
>>50747707
Isn't 'I'm an inquisitor I ain't gotta explain shit' enough?
>>
>>50747612

It's hard to say.
If they wanted the faction to die, they wouldn't have released the new Cannoness.
Of all models in the range, they dropped Celestine which was one of the best selling of the range.
Why drop one of the best icons of a faction, then install another?
>>
>>50747209
That'd turn on most of their fanbase.
>>
>>50747572
I see your point, but they are certainly not taxes, and I do like having some reasonably disposable infantry around, just to bulk up my number of bodies and sweep hordes of chaff off the table.
The codexes thing does really suck, though.

I really like the Vanguard's aesthetic, but I agree with you on the body horror thing. The Infiltrators could do with being a sight more fucked up than they are, and I kind of expected the Dunecrawler to look more sleek and evil, or have more cables and such, rather than a box on legs.
Maybe if they do Dark Mechanicus ever we'll get stuff like that.

>>50747684

2 codexes? I presume one is Tau Empire and the other is the Farsight Enclaves supplement? Since you can't use FE without TE, it's a supplement, otherwise you'll get people confused.

From my non-Tau playing eyes, that looks like a very decent casual Tau army, although you could do with some Pathfinders to use Markerlights on enemies.
>>
>>50747698

Right but its still only mounted on a T3 platform with limited access and isn't able to insta-gib T4 models which is whats important.

Tank killing is fantastic///except for SoB which get melta access beyond nearly everyone else and have no need for it. The eviscerator exists to provide CC punch in an army that severely lacks it and is priced as if the weapon lets a canoness cut beakie captains in half.
>>
>>50747615
You can't take them in the same detachment, that's the thing most people are annoyed about. You need to ally them in separate detachments and can't use say Vanguards as your CultMech troops or take Kastelans as the Heavy Support for your Skitarii.
>>
>>50747424
Eldar position is actually kinda shitty from casual player viewpoint.
>>
>>50747719
It's awesome of you want a Tech-priest and Servitors in your Admech army, though. I could do with one to fix my Dunecrawlers and allow the Icarus Array 'Crawler to split fire with PotMS, assuming they FAQ that.
>>
>>50747732
Don't make me did out the Space Marines poison, rotten food and vomit eating contest, or the pressure change chain-flatulence scene.
>>
File: 1422293611171.jpg (70KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
1422293611171.jpg
70KB, 620x465px
>>50747694

Doing the emperor's work anon.
>>
File: story about heresy.jpg (345KB, 807x757px) Image search: [Google]
story about heresy.jpg
345KB, 807x757px
>>50747715
But the Webway was kept secret from even the Primarchs, minus Dorn, and I doubt the Custodes would agree to an Inquisitor asking him to tell a story about the Emperor.
>>50747721
IN most cases.
>>
>>50747707
He knows quite a few details. How accurate they are, and how detailed their are is a Inquisitorial Classified Secret. Again see Inquisitor Verres
(Mr. Verres of El Goonish Shive)
>>
What are your inquisitors called?

Mine's Nofux Given
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-17-13-50-39-1.png (258KB, 1440x1166px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-17-13-50-39-1.png
258KB, 1440x1166px
How do IC attached to units work?
If I attach this guy (pic related) to a Guard Platoon, will they all also get Relentless, FnP, and all the IC abilities?

What about a formation unit? If I attach this HQ to the cadian platoon in their formation is that still viable?
>>
Still holding out for Sisters some point in February.

Looking pretty likely I'll have to honour the bet with some Anon about building a metal Sisters army though.
>>
>>50747824
>Nofux Given
Got a chuckle out me.
>>
>>50747802
In the past yes. Once questions and inquests, torture, and other methods were applied to those who were tangentially aware, information can be derived, after all the HH happend in m30, there wasn't an inquisition until m33. By that time the secret was starting to come out of the bag.
>>
>>50747836

Read your fucking goddamn piece of shit rulebook you uselesss faglord.
>>
>>50747845
>m33
I think that's wrong.
>>
File: 1451151490465.png (54KB, 235x489px) Image search: [Google]
1451151490465.png
54KB, 235x489px
>>50747836

Read your rulebook. Some abilities confer, others do not.
>>
Hey dudes, I was going to start a Slaaneshi Daemons + mortals army in AoS (yeah yeah I'm a huge fag) and I realized I could use the Daemon part of it in 40k. However in 40k I'd like to combine it with Noise Marines. I'd also be planning to run the Chaos Lord on steed in 40k since the plan for AoS is to put him with cavalry.

So with that in mind how should I actually be equipping Noise Marines, considering I want to put an Icon of Excess on every single EC unit? Normally I do MSU in 40k but it seems like the Icon might not be worth it with 3 or more 5 man units of Noise Marines. Also what equipment works best on them?

Thanks ahead of time, anon

for reference current plan is Keeper of Secrets + MSU seekers and chariots + noise marines in metal bawkses + terminators + chaos lord on steed, and then I'll probably be out of points based on the math I did (poorly) earlier
>>
>>50747836
Read the rulebook, special rules will say if they are shares.
>>
>>50747836
Nope, they get none of that stuff. Those rules only work on him. Some confer to units, but none of those. However, if you attach him and then use the Canticle that provides Stealth and/or Shrouded, the unit gains the cover bonuses, since those do confer to the unit. Read the rules, they are specific on that.

And yes, you can join Independent Characters to units in formations just like any other detatchment.
>>
>>50747854
So that's a yes? That's what I see.
What about formations, because I haven't seen that in there.
>>
>>50747845
Inquisition was M30, Deathwatch was M32.
>>
>>50747877
Read the rulebook.
>>
>>50746349
Someone explain the OP to me, I'm missing the joke. Are Monstrous Creatures broken now? I'm out of the loop.
>>
>>50747877
Then you haven't read properly.
>>
>>50747875
Thanks. That Autocad relic says And Unit.

Doesn't that give them all IWND?
>>
What armies can stack leadership penalties pretty well?

Csm can get insane with nightlords and raptor talons, and heldrake terror pack.

Dark eldar and harlequins can do great.

What other armies can stack up the debuffs?
>>
>>50747897

>broken

Maybe

>Better than walkers

100%
>>
>>50747729
Cause its a company of drunken brits.
>>
>>50747914
Dark Angels and Interromancy.

-3 ld and every other stat just for taking a wound from the primaris
>>
>>50747925

>drunken
Don't make excuses for incompetence.
>>
>>50747916
Is that what the OP's post is referring to? Why are spider women trying to smoosh cat-o sicarius
>>
>>50747909
One, IWND is entirely useless on Guardsmen since they only have one Wound. Two, it specifies a unit from the Cult Mechanicus or Skitarii book, if I remember correctly, so NO.
>>
Combi-Plasma, Plasma gun and Multi melta in a rhino a good idea for equipping my tacs?
>>
>>50747857
Wait what? Worship of Emperor didn't begin until M33, at least I think that's right. I'll have to look at my 3rd edition Witch hunters codex again.
>>
>>50747936
>>50747936
Cool. Can they stack it above a minus three penalty?
>>
>>50747864

Remember that Emperor's Children are more than just spamming Noise Marines. Basic Chaos Marines can, and should, make up a large part of your army.
The first thing to get is a copy of Traitor Legions, because it has completely revamped how your army will play.

> Take the Emperor's Children Decurion
It's just better. Seriously, this is your first call every single time.

> Chaos Warband
Take a 20-man CSM unit with the Icon and attach your Lord on Steed. He gives the unit Outflank, Detachment gives them FNP(4+),

> Take Kakophoni as an Auxiliary
Again, it's just better. Never run Noise Marines outside of this Formation. Once you're in, it's simple; Maximum Blastmasters and the rest Sonic Blasters. Icons are good but expensive, generally only taken on the larger squads. Kakophoni promotes MSU, so perhaps save the points and leave them behind.
>>
>>50747561
Basically if you have a fuckton of leaves sometimes it's easier to just take two rakes, put the leaves in a pile and them use the rakes as tongs to grab the leaves and put em somewhere else. I used to do it all the time back when I lived rural, but I just used two rakes and a wheelbarrow, not that scissor contraption.
>>
>>50747972

Plasma is useless now.
>>
>>50747972

Try Combi-plasma, Plasma gun, 5-marine unit in a Razorback.
>>
File: CsER7vB.jpg (453KB, 1681x2048px) Image search: [Google]
CsER7vB.jpg
453KB, 1681x2048px
>>50747973
Worship started up in M32.
>>
>>50746542
How did Master of Mankind invalidate setting? Just finished it today, and can make the connections.

I Agree with Agents, ,y unpainted Inquisition army (1200pts) doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>50746364
TS without Magnus are worse than baseline CSM.
>>
I insist on calling them space sharks.

Neckbeards grump and say carcharodons.

I then say, do you even know what it means? or even know how to pronounce it?

Neckbeard say it just sounds cool and is better than space shark.

I then say it's name change it's hipocrecy and pedantic. Neglecting its true cheesy roots for a pretentious name to sound cool with the edgy kids at school.

>autism from neckbeard intensifies
Neckbeard proceeds to explain how space shark is stupid but space wolves is not.

how the fuck can rugged teeth sound cool for a space marine chapter?

>neckbeard autism intensifies showing its true manchild levels.

this is the kind of edgy faggs that are infiltrating Nottingham.
>>
What about terrify. If multiple units cast terrify on the same unit, are the leadership penalties cumulative?
>>
>>50747991

Well the problem is that I don't want to spend more than 1/2 of the points on CSM since I would very specifically prefer to run them as allies for Daemons (so I don't end up buying two new full sized armies instead of 1.5). I don't think it's possible to run the decurion with kakophoni at under 1000 points is it?

I guess I should have specified I need advice on running EC specifically as allies to daemons (not necessarily an actual "allied detachment" though)
>>
>>50747972
>heavy weapons

Not worth it except on Devastators. Even grav-cannons are pricey just so you can move and shoot.

Like the other guy said. Go combi + matching special. Melta and plasma are better than grav for mobile tacs.
>>
>>50748038
That's still 2 Millennium for loos lips to develop.
>>
>>50748066
It's Carcharodons Astra, anon.
>>
>>50748021
Isn't it straight up better to equip them with grav and combi-grav?
>>
File: jo bench.jpg (36KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
jo bench.jpg
36KB, 300x400px
>>50748066

No neckbeard calls them Charchadons. Its space sharks as the emperor intended.

Its the same dealio with astra militarum/imperial guard and Sisters of Battle/deptus soriratas.

Pic related in a way most of /tg/ won't get.
>>
>>50748066
Car. Char. Oh. Don.

Call 'em spac sharks if you like that better, though, fuck people who get ass twisted over something campy in 40k GOD FORBID

I bet they masturbate to space yiffs and wish Captain Cullen of the Blood Angels would fuck their asses with his shiny ice cold cock.
>>
>>50748106
CarCHa as in chacha cha!
Carcharo means rugged and don means teeth in greek and early latin.

Meaning Astral Rugged teeth or rugged teeth's from the stars.

but the baby says space shark its too cheesy for its cheesy setting.
>>
>>50748111
Not if they're moving.
>>
File: Gen Eastwood.jpg (125KB, 864x960px) Image search: [Google]
Gen Eastwood.jpg
125KB, 864x960px
>>50748066
It's Space Sharks. Fuck anyone who thinks otherwise.
>>
I've seen them called Carthies.
>>
>>50748157
It's still two shots at close range.
>>
>>50748111

You're gimping yourself vs Vehicles/Daemons/non 2+ Sv units.
Grav is a good Tau/Marine/Wraithknight counter. It doesn't really extend to the other factions.
>>
>>50748154
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcharodon
>>
>>50747973
>>50748038
According to 6e (and possibly 7e, since it's the same crap) rulebook, M32 is when the Ecclesiarchy got its seat in the High Lords, but before that they had been working on taking over or getting rid of other cults to get to the position where they were in M32 when they made the demand for recognition. So it's very possible Emperor worshiping cults existed as back as the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy, and his ascension to the Throne just fueled them even more.

Though, yes, as an institutionalized, state recognized religion, the worship of the Emperor began in M32.

I wonder when the BT turned to the Imperial Cult.
>>
>>50748066
>getting this riled up over a chapter name

Do you even play them? I don't give a shit what people call my army, and I'll use either name. Space Sharks will be used more if the people in the shop are normies and not neckbeards. The proper name is Carcharodon Astra and nobody calls them that anyway.
>>
Maybe I missed something, but is there a story that tells how the Emperor opened the webway portal on Earth to begin with? or are webway portals just there and you have to know where to step? Also, if it is flooded with demons now, why aren't the Dark Eldar overrun?
>>
>>50748066
Car-Cara-dons

It's just science for shark.

It's like if people called the Space Wolves the Vlka Fenryka commonly.
>>
>>50748011
Why?

>>50748021
Hmmm... I currently have BaC with me, so I'd need 3 more Plasma Guns and Combi-plasmas, as well as 6 Razorbacks if I made them all like that. 'Course I don't have to and prefer to field them as 10 men in rhinos since that'd be fluffier.

But that would be 6 TL Assault cannons though.

>>50748095
Dang. I guess it makes sense then. I heard having either a MM or some other heavy weapon would make sense with a tac squad so you could give them some AT weapons.

>>50748111
Grav seems pretty cheesy to me though, which is why I just won't do it.

That, and BaC doesn't come with grav.

I was debating giving them the FW plasma cannons because those things look awesome, as do the FW Multi Meltas.
>>
File: ss (2016-12-17 at 05.34.31).png (22KB, 249x419px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-12-17 at 05.34.31).png
22KB, 249x419px
>>50748154
wtf is y'alls obsession with it meaning rugged teeth? That's NOT why they picked it, they picked it because that's the genus fucking sharks are. That's like if a chapter was Homosapien getting butt hurt "What does 'thinking alike' have to do with a chapter" nigger, it's the species name, the direct translation of it is next to meaningless, it's what it represents, they're Human Marines dumbasses

[/autism]
>>
>>50746683
Almost got me.

>>50746567
They failed to fix any of the faction's issues, they added even more petty restrictions (fucking Force Staves), and the Grand Coven is aggressively bad. The core issues are still that everything is too expensive for its susceptibility to small arms fire and lack of actual offensive output, all of your squad leader psykers are worthless, and the discipline of Tzeentch is still terrible (2/6 powers are good, 2/6 are okay but situational, 2/6 are straight terrible, and the Primaris is still one of the worst powers in the game). Even the new stuff, Magnus excepted, is mostly awful, and even Magnus is terrible from a balance standpoint, just going the other way.
>>
>>50746542
>Then didn't make use of a good idea (combining the factions together so you can do X and Y)
This was never a good idea. It makes zero sense fluffwise and was a desire only of WAAC shitters that wanted to make retarded super-friends amalgamations.
>>
>>50748193
There were indeed Emperor worshippers during M30, most of which were set up by Lorgar and the Word Bearers.

The Black Templars became Emperor worshippers around the end of the Heresy, as in The Beast series there's a BT dread from the Heresy who meets his old Iron Warrior CSM friend and he laughs at the Dread and the rest of the BT for doing the very thing that started the Heresy.
>>
>>50748165
But grav is better vs any vehicle with more than av11 and any factions, with saves so poor that grav won't do much will be the factions that wont like being shot at with bolters.
Or even charged by marines.
>>
File: laugh.gif (3MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>>50748211
>It's just science for shark
>>
>>50748214
>Why?

Grav does its job better except against light vehicles and doesn't get hot. I still have a couple plasma guns leftover but they're not really worth using. It's either grav or melta nowadays.
>>
File: 1482025084872-1324167341.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1482025084872-1324167341.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>50747607
Pssh think that'll stop me ?!
>>
>>50748211
>It's like if people called the Space Wolves the Vlka Fenryka commonly.

Welp, you've unintentionally convinced me. Vlky Fenryka is autistic as fuck so I guess I'm going to stop using "Carcharodons" to avoid being a hypocrite.
>>
If I play my models painted as Black Templars as White Scars, Raven Guard, or Iron Hands; how much shit would people give me? Black Templar chapter tactics are shit.
>>
>>50748214
Unfortunately, Tacticals on their own aren't that great. Point for point, they'll dominate 5+ hordes, but unless you're rocking them in a Stormlance for annoying harassment or a Battle Company for free Razorbacks, they are not worth much more than an MSU special weapon + obj holder.
>>
>>50748272
Write it in piss next time.
>>
>>50748272
You didn't have to be rude like that, ya know?
>>
File: Death Guard - 1850pts.jpg (227KB, 900x1326px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard - 1850pts.jpg
227KB, 900x1326px
First attempt at Renegade Legions WAACfaggotry, any criticism, ideas and suggestions?
>>
>>50748214

>Combi-plasmas
Cut 2 plasma pistols in a way that one has the barrel removed and the other has the rear housing removed.
Glue the two together and put on a filed down bolter.
There are a few hundred tutorials for this around too. If you have the cash, you could also get a Sternguard vet box.
>>
>>50748243
>inquisition doesn't have chambers militant

m8
>>
>>50748247
>there's a BT dread from the Heresy who meets his old Iron Warrior CSM friend and he laughs at the Dread and the rest of the BT for doing the very thing that started the Heresy

Bitter to the end.
>>
>>50748193
Still by the time time of the 14th founding, that's even more time. Time would open up the secret, to at least an organization like the Inquisition, not always the best knowledge though. Likely holes in their information.
>>
>>50748298
I was going to but sadly I pissed like 15 minutes ago.

>>50748300

Put the WMDs away man
>>
>>50748160

Sheeit, now I need to re-watch gran torino. Unforgiven is also acceptable.
>>
File: For the kids.jpg (60KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
For the kids.jpg
60KB, 960x960px
>>50748324
Yeah you're right. This isn't the thread for this.
>>
>>50748224
>they picked it, they picked it because that's the genus fucking sharks are
which still means rugged teeth.

>>50748197
>Do you even play them? I don't give a shit what people call my army, and I'll use either name. Space Sharks will be used more if the people in the shop are normies and not neckbeards. The proper name is Carcharodon Astra and nobody calls them that anyway.

So being an edgy autist using the rename of a edgy fatass neckbeard its a good thing according to you?

I used to play them but I had to sell them off a few years ago because I needed the money at the time.
>>
>>50748289
Use Imperial Fists CT if you're not playing Black Templars.
>>
>>50748311
But they do, in the IA book, right this very moment.
>>
File: 1482025464247-1403687209.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1482025464247-1403687209.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>50748343
Your puny rake is no match for my great Canadian oak.

No joke this tree never loses it leaves.
>>
>>50747033
Way more important. Space Marines really aren't shit. They're just cool.
>>
>>50748252

>better vs any vehicle with more than av11
At that point, it should be Melta instead. If you don't have the grav amp, which tacticals do not, you're just hoping for that magic 6.
Grav guns aren't good on Tacticals because they have to remain stationary to get maximum possible effectiveness from their weapon.
Tacticals want their Ob sec assses on an objective. Leave the Grav spam to Centurions and Sternguard Vets.
>>
>>50748269
That bothers me. I love plasma guns, especially how the HH plasma guns look, and the fact that they're rapid fire 24" like bolters also seems nice to me.

That, and it's fluffy for DA/Successors to use plasma.

>>50748297
Dang. I love Space Marines and much prefer fluff over crunch, though crunch is also important though, which is why I thought 10 man squads with a plasma gun and in an AV11 metal box would be a good idea.

>>50748306
Hmmm... I could do that, but I don't think I will.

I'll try and write up a list in a bit, try and see what I can do.

Termi librarians with a deathwing command squad are bad, aren't they?

Multi melta dread and heavyflamer fist in a pod with locator beacon bad too?
>>
>>50747503
so she pays 5 points for precision strike and shots in a 12" bubble? seems good
>>
>>50748243
>Navy vehicles in Codex: IG was WAAC shit
>Enginseers in Codex: IG was WAAC shit
>Stormies in Codex: IG was WAAC shit
>Abhumans in Codex: IG was WAAC shit
>Priests in in Codex: IG was WAAC shit
>Psykers in Codex: IG was WAAC shit

wut?
>>
>>50747614
Not Word Bearers enough 0/10
>>
>>50748397
All of that shit is still in Codex: IG.

The Valkyrie formation in IA is dumb as hell, but that's about it. It should have gotten a "Allied units may start inside them" rule in the formation.
>>
>>50746823
Maybe in lower point games. I'm trying to work in 4-5 Bullgryn in 1000-1250. Any higher and real big boys come out to play.
>>
>>50748367
Ha.
>>
>>50748360
My point was that he was WRONG. It IS fluffy for them to be in IA.
>>
>>50748422
>All of that shit is still in Codex: IG.

And it's WAAC shit, because it's putting different factions into the same codex. Clearly if you want priests with your Guard, you need to take them as a separate detachment, just like everything else that's not strictly Imperial Guard.
>>
>>50747678
Bump for myself. Anyone wanna give me a hand? It's all theoryhammer right now but still.
>>
C:IA is just imperial soup because players have been bitching since the advent of 7th ed.

It fixes nothing and only serves (in its own retarded way) to serve as a means for consumers to buy less books.
>>
>>50748288

Actually it's more like calling the Space Wolves "Canis Astra", really.
>>
File: 1482026031654-907353507.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1482026031654-907353507.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>50748453
It's a shame Stanley tools are pretty shit now.

Man you gave me the feels

Them trademan's feels.

Also....what am I in for /tg/
Is it good

Shit

Just meh
Is it even....fun
>>
>>50748394
All the veteran MEQ are decent. Vanguard can get the formation to charge out of deepstrike, Sternguard and Deathwatch are both decent (if a tad overcosted). Command Squads can bring five plasma guns, or four and an apothecary.
>>
>>50748487
Can you scan it for us, buddy?

All reports seem to indicate it will be negative.
>>
>>50748487
it's trash
>>
File: 75800.jpg (4KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
75800.jpg
4KB, 300x300px
>>50748487
I didn't mean to give you those feels.
>>
>>50748505
Sadly I'm not scan fag

I'm taking a quick flip from formation to formation
>>
File: Vindicator08.png (2MB, 1190x712px) Image search: [Google]
Vindicator08.png
2MB, 1190x712px
In a Death Guard Legion CSM army, is it worth spending the points on a squadron of 3 vindicators and giving one the Legacy of Ruin from Imperial Armour 13 that grants Outflank (thus allowing all 3 of them to outflank together)?
>>
>>50748289

If you use White Scars out of all the possible ones you're a faggot.
>>
>>50747402
Its hard to be a bro when playing your army isnt fun
>>
>>50747242
>sob poster deflects onto the other 3+ armour

found the sob player
>>
As a sister fag, should I be happy that there's a new codex out today? Should I buy the digital edition?

What's the verdict?
>>
Quick up date.

All psykers (well short of wyrd) can get digital weapons.

Astropath is BS4 and can get mastery level 2 ( I love psykers so I'm happy with this )
>>
File: Hexbringers - 1850pts.jpg (382KB, 900x1433px) Image search: [Google]
Hexbringers - 1850pts.jpg
382KB, 900x1433px
>>50746818
I got a game in for a bit before time ran out and I had to go. I ran the list in pic related, dude ran DE, with a mix of stuff; 2 Venoms, 3 Raiders, 3 Reaver units, 2 Scourge units, 2 Flyers and a VSG.

The DE player went first, did some damage with the Raiders and Venoms. The Herald summoned some Hounds, the Sorcerer summoned a Screamer unit which slashed some Bikes, and a Helbrute got Fleet and charged a Raider, getting First Blood.

Flyers come in, start blasting Cultists dead. Lord and Sorcerer survive, despite sucking at Look Out Sir. I lose a Helbrute to concentrated Haywire Blasters, and another to Caltrops.

Lord jumps into the Spawn unit, advances to the center, and gets Sunburst off (which he rolled from Scrolls of Magnus), putting a wound on the Razorwing (dat AV 10), killing 2 Bike units, a Scourge unit, a surviving Warrior, and wiping another Scourge unit to half-strength. Terminators arrived inside the Void Shield to get ready to deliver the killing blow to the rest of his army, and we called it, before I started tossing out even more Screamers.
>>
>>50748601
there are no changes from the current digital codex
>>
File: 20161217_210559.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161217_210559.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>50748611
Quick semi update I wanna see if I fix the photo problem
>>
>>50748601
It's somwhat better than the previous codex.

Really, that's it. You could just say that it's slightly different or almost the same.
>>
>>50746818
played a super great game of loyalists versus traitors, nothing too fancy from either army, 1300 points, scouring mission

Pyrrhic victory for the loyalist space marines, at the bottom of turn five there was like three tacticals, three csm, five devastators, five havocs, two rhinos and two terminators
>>
>>50748303
You should msu the bikers, drop the deamon prince and take more marines and havocs.

The only real trouble I have now is grav cav lists
>>
>>50748644
Well as an inquisition player I'm happy.

5 point power armour, 3 point storm bolter 2 point carapace.
>>
>>50748459
>the Inquisition has Chambers Militant
>therefore Sisters of Battle, Astrotelepaths, and Grey Knights should all be the same faction
No.
>>50748464
Cry harder. IA shouldn't have been the same dumb meta-faction, and they aren't.
>>
Any Imperial Agents link, epub or something?
>>
>>50748667
>Cry harder.

Over what? I got my WAAC shit codex that combines several factions into one. You're the one who has a problem with it. So why don't you got a and cry some more about it?
>>
>>50748487
Mostly meh. With some shitty oversights and one or two cool things.
>>
>>50748667
I like the part where Ordo Xeno inquisition armies can take a square of death guard as a troop choice.

Well I mean

Ordo malleus gets a squad of greyknights
Ordo hereticus gets a squad of sisters.

It's a small fluffy bit to throw in
>>
File: 1472408756976.jpg (348KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472408756976.jpg
348KB, 1920x1080px
>>50747678
Are tauroxes transport options for henchmen? Cause that would be great for me. I'm working on the same concept as you.

Can psykers be added to henchman groups? Feel like that would be nice to boost psyker effectiveness.

Also can we actually bring more than one mixed unit of henchmen per inquisitor anymore?
>>
>>50748367
>wake up at 5am this morning
>half a foot of snow
I swer to christ if there's more tomorrow morning I'm going to be grumpy as fuck.
>>
I'm not going to lie, I love Imperial Agents, but I'm not a sister's player.

I'm an Imperial Player.

This book is at its best as ally options.

Play some IG, add in some grey knights, go fight daemons.

Play some blood angels, add in some psykers and an inquisitor.

I was thinking of starting a grey knight army. Now I don't have to. I can just add a couple squads to whatever imperial army I want. It's great. I love it.
>>
>>50748744
Well I have good news for you, like magic it will be transformed from snow into ice
>>
>>50748744
Yeah. I know right ? We already have a foot and a half here. We had a good foot fall in October but it all melted in a couple of weeks
>>
>>50748748
Sisters of Battle have always been an ally-tier army. That was their original concept.
>>
>>50748728
They're not, but I'm bringing them so they can waddle inside on turn one and then ride flat out towards something squishy.

Thought about adding a psyker but I'd have to cut a Crusader or an Assassin.

And AFAIK an inquisitorial detachment is 1-2 inquisitors and 0-3 Henchman. But the may have changed that in the new book.
>>
>>50748763
I'm just glad it's not like frog county where you often had to wake up at 5am to have your snow cleared by the time you leave for work. and then your car won't start because it's frozen solid
>>
>>50748666
>BS 3
>WS 3
>15 point power weapons
>inquisitor STILL can't take a storm shield or even a fucking refactor field

dropped
>>
>>50748764
Space Marines have always been an ally-tier army. That was their original concept.
>>
>>50748812
>That was their original concept.
no?

The OG armies are space marines and orks.
>>
Thoughts on the following list?

Craftworld War Host

--Guardian Storm Host
>Farseer
>8x Storm Guardians - 2x Fusion Gun, 2x Power Swords
>Vyper - Bright Lance
>3x War Walkers - 6x Scatter Lasers
>3x Support Batteries - 3x D-Cannons

--Wraith Construct
>Wraithknight - Glaive and Shield

--Aspect Host - +1 BS
>9x Warp Spiders - Exarch
>9x Warp Spiders - Exarch
>4x Shining Spears - Exarch w/Star Lance

Eldar Corsair Raiding Party

--Command Crew
>Corsair Prince - Cloud Dancer, Void Sabre, Shadowfield, Reaper of the Outer Dark

--Coterie - Hate Bringers
>Corsair Baron - Cloud Dancer
>3x Cloud Dancers - 3x Scatter Lasers
>3x Cloud Dancers - 3x Scatter Lasers

--The Corsair Prince joins the Shining Spears
--The Farseer joins the Support Battery
>>
>>50748744
What's snow?
>>
>>50748812
yeah nothing quite like cancer like space marine allied with space marine allied with space marine
>>
>>50748812
That doesn't really apply since SM were one of the original armies. The SoB even said that they were meant to be used as allies, but nothing stopped you from running them as a solo army.
>>
>>50748803
I take an Ordo Xeno psyker, get the free force sword, stack up with a beamer. Irl gg

I also pray for xeno tech collector
>>
>>50748699
>I got my WAAC shit codex that combines several factions into one.
But it doesn't. All of the models inside have their own separate faction. The rules inside the book make that clear. They're as much the same faction as Tau and Raven Guard are the same faction due to Damocles.
>>
>>50748819
I think he was just memeing. But, to be fair, fluff-wise Space Marines are always just a small contingent of dudes that go in and fuck something up on behalf of a larger Imperial force. Most typical Chapters don't operate entirely on their own--they simply don't have the manpower.

Post-heresy, at least.
>>
>>50748823
>maybe if I take a couple squads of Storm Guardians, people will overlook all the Warp Spiders, Scatbikes, and Wratithknight
>>
>>50748744
My area got ~7" last night. Now it's -15° F and with a wind chill that makes it feel like -40°

This time of year makes me question why the fuck I live here.
>>
>>50748851
I'd like you to provide me with proof that Codex: Imperial Guard counts all the units from different factions in it as actual separate factions.
>>
>>50748852
But they typically do operate on their own.

That flexibility, unhindered by the greater machine of the imperial military is their intended purpose and greatest strength. Situations like Armageddon are outliers, where marines are forced into working out of their elements because of exceptional circumstances.

It was during the crusade/heresy that marines mostly worked alongside regular human armies. The heresy is the reason everything got segregated.
>>
>>50746408
>Missing the point of 40k this hard.
40k's IoM has always been a crumbling corpse of the Imperium before it, struggling to survive just another century, reeling from thousands of losses and bleeding out. Due to its size, its death throws will take some time to end. It may yet be saved, but not without a drastic change, a miracle is required; even a miracle may be just buying time. That said, killing the Imperium completely is a fools task, may as well plan to kill all the orks, or end the threat of chaos.

The doom the GEoM is talking about is the Imperium as we know it. Ditto for ADB. The doom they're on about is the status quo of 40k as it has always been.
>>
>>50748867

Oh I wasn't trying to hide it - I just like Storm Guardians, especially in a War Host with the auto 6" run.
>>
>>50748894
I don't have to.

IA datasheets have different faction symbols at the top.
>>
>>50748917
The Heresy was when the Army ITSELF was segregated into Guard, Navy, PDF, etc. The Legions were always independent, and while they sometimes used Army as chaff or support (moreso as the Heresy opened and wore on), the Army was mostly just garrison forces.

In M41, they are still independent and even more flexible, but most of the time even a full chapter couldn't handle a large Waaaagh! on its own. They are always rushing to the aid of PDF forces or crusading alongside Guard regiments. 1000 dudes, even extremely strong, fast, and well armed dudes, is just not enough for the massive scale of drawn-out conflict in M41.
>>
>>50747678
You NEED to take a hellrain brigade. Suiciding melta squads that go into reserve when they are killed.
>>
>>50748997
Not that anon, but I got a starter kit. What's a good way to run it? Commissar with Command Squad in the Taurox and then just have the suicide squad go in over and over?
>>
I think I've figured out a decent analogy that explains the disconnects between GW & most of us 40k players:

We want to play Super Street Fighter II: lots of factions, strong balance, anything is viable.

WAACfags want to sperg out on Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike & gargle the infinite dicks of technical minutiae to dominate the game.

GW sees the game & rules as Pocket Fighter.
>>
File: people die when they are killed.jpg (13KB, 252x272px) Image search: [Google]
people die when they are killed.jpg
13KB, 252x272px
>>50748997
>go into reserve when they are killed.
>>
...Don't forget that SM don't just land some rhinos and shoot the place up. They roll in from warp, bombard planet/target, flatten area with dropships, then land the ground units who then slaughter anything left breathing, destroy any bricks left piled higher than 2 high. Then leave, change systems, repeat.
>>
>>50749028

>at last I see

damnit where's a chick tract when you need one?
>>
>>50749028
Did you not see the stream? GW just doesn't know their own rules. They probably think the game is balanced.
>>
>>50748595

He's right tho. Marine players are always the only spergs at our flgs.
>>
>>50748867
To be fair, 72 points for 2 free Meltaguns and 2 Power Swords is fairly dank, especially when said Warp Spiders could Jetpack in front to screen with cover. And they do project an aura of Preferred Enemy for the D-Cannons, and potentially the Farseer w/ Eldritch Storm.

I think the only thing I'd do diff is kitbash some Hornets and downsize a few warp spiders or so but it looks surprisingly workable IMO. :>
>>
>>50748975
>The Legions were always independent, and while they sometimes used Army as chaff
No, they were completely integrated, with the legions taking permanent command over regular armies.

That's WHY the war was so total, galaxy-wide. It's also why the chapters were made independent of the Imperium proper.

>1000 dudes, even extremely strong, fast, and well armed dudes, is just not enough for the massive scale of drawn-out conflict
That's the thing, chapters don't engage in drawn out conflicts, outside exceptional circumstances like those I mentioned. They're the polar opposite to the legions of 30k, more focused on doing their own thing than crushing shit with massed armies.
>>
>>50749021
Your sole goal is to keep the commissar alive. It's an IC so stick that into a group that won't be seeing the thick of the combat. Watch out for challenges as well.

Use the taurox with your CCS full of plasma.
>>
So I'm gonna be having an apoc game tomorrow at my LGS 6000-10000 points on each side, someone said they might bring titans

Should I post pics and share any fun stories in the general after the battle?
>>
>>50749116

A few overhead pics of deployment, end of turn 2 and end game would be nice.
>>
>>50749088
I have a squad of 20 Infantry that are holding back, he'd probably fit in there.
>>
Are dark eldar fun?
>>
>>50749116
Absolutely.
>>
>>50749116
if most of the table is painted, yes
if it's mostly grey plastic you'll just make me upset
>>
>>50749227
>inb4 he plays against 10kpts of grey tide
>>
>>50749087
>That's the thing, chapters don't engage in drawn out conflicts, outside exceptional circumstances like those I mentioned. They're the polar opposite to the legions of 30k, more focused on doing their own thing than crushing shit with massed armies.

They don't engage in drawn out conflicts, but the ones they DO engage in are alongside other forces. Rarely will a company just go in and solo something, much less a full chapter. You'll have multiple chapters alongside each other, you'll have guys going in to cleanse worlds of heretics alongside beleaguered defense forces, etc.

Unless they're fighting other Marines or similar small, elite forces, they won't go it alone.
>>
>>50749248
>Rarely will a company just go in and solo something
That is the SoP of space marines in 40k, man. It's why they're a separate army, and have been since rogue trader.

Combined arms with mundane armies is how they operated in 30k.
>>
>>50749199
yes
>>
>>50749199
I think they are, but I ally them 50-50 with harlies so my army is more of a duet than a solo.
>>
>>50749116
but anon, apocalypse RAW doesn't use point costs
>>
File: 1481939742749.gif (4MB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
1481939742749.gif
4MB, 400x200px
>>50748803
This, desu my spacefam. I am non stop fucking rustled about the invuln saves matt ward stole from us for mysterious reasons and no one has deigned to return.
>>50748785
Yeah I think iirc all the hench types are their own units now, and the only way to mix them is as a pseudo retinue in the new inquisitorial detatchment.
>>
>there are people UNIRONICALLY calling BA weaker than Orks
This meme has gotten out of hand, just because they don't have double Demi companies or centurions.

How can you even justify saying this when BA are near built to shit in Orks?
>>
>>50748803
Inq doesn't have the authority to requisition a refractor field
>>
>>50746349
Is it worth it to make a Guard Infantry blob with 40-50 guys and equip the Sergeants with Power Weapons and add a Priest? Or will the Power Weapons be picked out too fast?
>>
>>50749546
I do this all the time. Power axes best choice. Melta bombs help too. 3 attacks base, 4 on the charge, mulches enemy forces. You should be more worried about losing the priest.
>>
>>50747824
Crestus Firma, biomancer, ML1. I keep meaning to make a model for him, but I'm not sure if I want to give him power armor, because then he looks too similar to a Marine.
>>
How would one go about building a Crisis-heavy Farsight Enclaves army? Any tips, both gameplay and aesthetics wise?
>>
>>50749416
Why doesn't coteaz's shiny bald head not count as a refractor field?
>>
>Don't really like the HDestroyer kit
>Think i got the bits for a better HG Cannon
>Haven't got anything to supplement the shoulder thing
I seriously doubt that it's for £5 a go for 1 bit - so any ideas on what to use instead?
>>
>>50749602
I don't know what you mean by power axes, they only have access to power weapons. Unless, you mean you visually like the look of a power axe the most.

I figure if the Priest is in the way back of a huge blob, it will take him a bit to pile in with combat so there won't be a risk of him getting rekt for a little bit. I just don't know this edition that well with melee combat. It's closest to the attackers gets picked off right? So does that mean it's best to put the power weapon Sergeants in the middle of the pack?
>>
>>50749666
Yes that is what they mean. But you need to be careful as Power axes have unwieldy. Meaning they strike at I1, with power fists. But they do better damage and have better pen than a power sword.
>>
>>50747824
Cassius Jurgurthine. Xeno hunter with Rad and psychostroke grenades.
>>
>>50749694
I don't see a listing for Power Axes in the IG codex. It just says they can take a Power Weapon.
>>
>>50749296
It's apoc-light

We try and keep some form of balance, and if everyone brought their entire armies we wouldn't leave until like 4am, which I'm okay with but some people have "lives"

>>50749227
Uh... I'm embarrassed to say I'll probably be the only person there without at least three coats on all their models... I have like 100 guardsmen give me a break!

>>50749146
Sounds good will do! Look forward to seeing it around 11 pm est
>>
What armys rules are the least representative of their fluff? The most?
>>
>>50748997
So the problem with that is that then I can't get some Tauroxes for my Warbands and I can't get my backup Valkyries. I see where you're coming from, that's a great idea. I love the Hellrain. I just can't work the rest of my army with it. That being said, I can get, say, Chimaera for them or some other transport, but that's not exactly the point.
>>
>>50749724
A power weapon can be either a sword, axe, maul or lance.
>>
>>50749724
Core rules:
When a power weapon type is not specified, your options include sword, axe, maul, and lance. Each of these has their own profiles.

Other power weapons exist, like Power Fist and Lightning Claws, but are not part of the Power Weapons selection.

Generally, it's a waste of points to get a power fist on anything weaker than S4. S3 users should stick to Axes generally, or Maul or Sword if you want to strike at Inititave value, but most things with S3 also have worthless I value against anything else except orks' I2
>>
>>50749805
>>50749812
Wow I've missed on a lot. Thanks guys. Power Axe sounds great. I will put them on my Sergeants so we can have fun melee combat too.
>>
>>50749848
Why don't you check what the rule itself has to say about that?
>>
>>50749863
Im a fucking idiot disregard my question
>>
I built a whole GSC Cultist blob with shotguns & a cult icon instead of more shooty upgrades--was I retarded to gear them for assault when everything else in the codex is better at assault? I can't escape the feeling I should just load up on grenade launchers and mining lasers or HWTs.
>>
>>50749725
>balance
40k isn't balanced at 1850 points what makes you autistic fucks think it's balanced at 10,000 points
>>
File: IMG_7747.jpg (75KB, 964x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7747.jpg
75KB, 964x1600px
>>50749905
It's not balanced, but at least everyone will be playing the same points and we have a couple house rules to not bring too much cheese and gear it towards fun

>but you already knew what I meant you just wanted to sling an ad hominem because it makes your peepee feel big didn't you?
>>
>>50749895
>was I retarded
Basically yes.
>>
New thread when.
>>
>>50750014
when some beta cuck SoB player makes it, he mad that I'm busy fucking his girl
>>
File: 039.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
039.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
so in imperial agents the formation lets you take a squad of DW,sisters. or GK, now do they join the big unit of acolytes and stuff?
>>
How do space marines know where their next war is? Who gives them orders? I imagine the chapter master organises the chapter but who tells the chapter master where his chapter is needed?
>>
>>50750158
Migrate
>>50750158
Salvation ahead
>>50750158
Those who arrive survive
>>
>>50750144
So we now have to take a fucking formation to use Henchmen squads? Can we even take multiple Henchmen formations?

I can't read the inquisitor requirements, but I hope that it ays 0-1 on it.
>>
>>50750207

you can 1-3 elites which are the same old gang. jokaero and daemonhosts are units of 1 only. you can take any number of formations.

I kind of like them in the formations, because it makes a huge blob.
Thread posts: 461
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.