[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1229: Ass Duff Juh Ump Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 501
Thread images: 84

File: 1473516972522.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1473516972522.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>50714206
>>
File: Nachtrapp, Our Savior.png (508KB, 800x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Nachtrapp, Our Savior.png
508KB, 800x1296px
>>50719913
Acronyms are easier for one to remember and use in casual text. Also that's not a nice thing to say to a guy. (For those who didn't catch this dudes meaning he was saying I was mentally disabled because, or that I was a part of the Disability Resources Department (DRD) I can't tell which is more insulting the fact that he may be saying my sanity and mental stability is in question or that insinuation that I'm a part of the Alphabet Soup)

>>50719948
Nah I'm just how I am and I could give less fucks about some dickwaffel like the shitposter or the guy making disability jokes up here. If you live life with no regrets then you've done well. I want that and I'll seek it in my own.
Tldr: You do you and I'll do me. However when stupid shit happens I might just point it out because idiots being idiots both amuses me and makes me wish to comment.

Also a general update on the Mordehiem City of the Damned Jump. I've decided, since watching the posting patterns of some folk on the IRC and here, than I'll post my work in progess only after I finalize my first draft. It seems that sifting it out piecemeal has a detrimental effect on Jumpmaker morale.
>>
Kill me
>>
>>50720257
You were making a good point for a while there, then it just devolved into pure salt.
>>
>>50720307
It happens. I am, after all, only human and I too have emotions.
>>
>>50720300
Just get all the salt from last thread. That's like four heart attacks.
>>
File: footage.png (427KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
footage.png
427KB, 600x563px
>>50720341
Even being there isnt enough
>>
Probably not a good idea to be too pushy about things on these threads, but I really would appreciate people's opinions regarding a question I posted last thread.

>I've been juggling the idea of starting a new chain for a while, and I just wanted to ask as someone who's never played or watched anything Pokemon, whether it's worth trying to jump or if I should just settle for using an easy IP I'm more familiar with as my starting jump? I'm not too worried about the power levels, because I have a decent idea of how dangerous/harmless the setting is. I'm more preoccupied by whether I can make an interesting story using just cursory knowledge of the setting.
>>
Regarding Infernals, do you think its in bad taste to have a recovering yandere companion be a Scourge or take Adjoran as favored?
>>
>>50720390
Pokemon is a fun jump but if you dont' know anything about it you can start somewhere else no problem.
>>
>>50720257
The guy was just asking you to stop going into power levels discussions between jumpers, no need to be a prick.
>>
Question about Exalted, what are motes? Also, can you have more then one charm? I'm trying to figure out Exalted so I can jump Infernals properly but I can't seem to find much information online.

>>50720390
Well, that depends. What kind of story do you want to start out with? If you want to start out with a bang, Pokemon might not be the right starting jump, but something that allows your jumper into their new nature as a, well, jumper, it would work pretty well. Plus, the perks are really useful, and you can grab your first companions there.

>>50720416
They'd probably go back to being a yandere with Adjoran's influence, to be honest.
>>
>>50720390
You should probably Jump something else if you aren't that familiar with Pokêmon. As long as you don't jump it later, it's completely fine. Just remember to get a memory perk.
>>50720416
Yes. Do it.
>>
Regarding the possible Trillion jump, let's be fair in the fact that if the Sword Valley dungeons or rest of world were more fleshed out, everything would be golden.

It's almost like Zettai Hero Project
>>
>>50720427
Oh I thought he was talking about how I was calling someone a shitposter... Didn't know that talking about which Jumper had the most Jumps under their belt was a no-no.
>>
>>50720481
I think it's more you talking about who the most powerful jumper is that's a no no. Especially in the midst of a long shit storm.
>>
>>50720432
Motes are basically MP in system. They're the smallest workable amount of your essense. Not the rating, but rather your energy level.

Charms are kind of like supernatural techniques. You can have as many of them as you want. Some are permanant and are always on, others take motes to activate.
>>
>>50720517
Oh, okay, thanks anon, that makes sense. So the more Essence you have, the more motes would be available? Is there a ratio of motes to essence, like one mote to one essence or two motes to one essence?
>>
Someone free me from this hell
>>
File: THERE IS NO ESCAPE.jpg (54KB, 500x668px) Image search: [Google]
THERE IS NO ESCAPE.jpg
54KB, 500x668px
>>50720568
>>
>>50720568
YOU'RE to slow to escape your fate.

Strange, isn't it?
>>
>>50720437
>Just remember to get a memory perk
Where can I get a good memory perk besides pokemon? I didn't get savant on my first jump.
>>
>>50720257
>Disability Resources Department (DRD)
wat

The DRD Department is the Department of Redundancy Department Department

Because you were being redundantly redundant, twice.
Kind of disappointed you didn't get it.

I expect better from a namefag.
>>
File: Chara.jpg (84KB, 406x600px) Image search: [Google]
Chara.jpg
84KB, 406x600px
>>50720416
Bad Taste? No really?
Bad Idea? Oh fuck yes.
There is a reason Gamer didn't import Chara as a Scourge, despite the fact she would be MAGNIFICENT at it.

>>50720553
Different Exalt types have a different ratio of Essence to Motes. Also your "Virtues" and "Willpower" contribute to how much Essence you have.
Virtues being Valor, Temperance, Compassion, and Conviction on a scale of 1 to 5, 2 being normal human.
Willpower is 1-10, 5 being normal human.
>>
>>50720605
Akagi comes to mind, since it's pretty much mundane.
>>
MORE ASSDUFF

Look Out He’s Got A Nose! - 200 cp, discount Silly
Officer, a nose is not a deadly weapon. It’s not even mildly dangerous. It’s not even accidentally dangerous. Unless you’re pinocchio. Anyways, you can now be taken seriously - maybe even deadly seriously - with a makeshift weapon. Nay, not even that. A mockery of a weapon. Put your hands in the air, I have a banana! Er, gun!
>>
Is the infiniverse already taken by someone, or is it free?
http://infiniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Infiniverse_Wiki
>>
File: typical jumper fuckup.png (69KB, 674x306px) Image search: [Google]
typical jumper fuckup.png
69KB, 674x306px
Has this ever happened to you?
>>
>>50720553
It depends on what you are. Solars get a whole lot of essence, Infernals end up with less than that, but more than gods.

Essence level determines how big your gas tank is. It's not actually a measure of motes since each level is different between exalts. Which is confusing since motes are essence, but not when the terminology is used like this.
There's other factors to mote pool as well like willpower and your virtues, not to mention charms that expand the pool.
You want to get those by the way. Motes might as well be your HP bar in Exalted since perfect defences are so important.
>>
>>50720618

Isn't that the muskets of infinity or similar CYOA by Choice of Games?

is it any good?
>>
>>50720618
I really don't think that has enough information for a jump.
>>
>>50720610
>>50720633
Oh, alright, that works I guess. Thanks guys, this should help for the Infernals jump.
>>
>>50720610
>>50720553
>>50720645
Here, this is the game's numbers

http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedCheatsheet.html#deeeeeaaaaaad

Search for "Essence Pools"
>>
>>50720634
Sabers of infinity and then it's sequel, guns of infinity. Yes, it is. It's one of my favorite IPs, and is definitely worth the 5ish bucks they want for them. You could spend more than that at a freaking fast food place.
>>50720637
The wiki's too barren, yeah. But that's not my only resource. I just posted that because there are other infiniverses out there.
>>
>>50720610
How do Exalts actually learn Charms? Is there a limit on how many they can know?
>>
>>50720675
The wiki makes it seem like it's not even a complete game with how it mentions being a planned series and only having 49 pages.
>>
>>50720675
I actually have Sabers of infinity, I just haven't gotten into it for whatever reason
>>
>>50720650
Thanks Justice! So personal is the amount I can directly use, but what does peripheral mean in this context? It usually means on the edge of something, but that doesn't make much sense here.
>>
>>50720675
I just finished the first game, never tough I would see it mentioned here
>>
>>50720650
What's the difference in personal and peripheral?
>>
>>50720568
Oh, but yeah this is the complete jump, I just barely managed to finish it before the stroke of midnight

Enjoy, erryone.
>>
>>50720568
>>50720727
Digger if you keep producing jumps like this I might have to waifu you.
>>
>>50720723

I can answer this one.
Peripheral Essence is 'loud', it more or less is immediately obvious to anyone that magickishit is at play
Personal Essence can be used without being easily detected
>>
>>50720706
The wiki barren and has very little in it. The series isn't done, but the abilities of the cast aren't going to increase; it's a black powder low magic story, not shonen. Feel free to tell me there's not enough for a jump once you've played the games and read it's sprawling forum.
>>50720710
It's a good one, especially considering it's price.
>>50720722
We're terrible nerds here. There have been a few really obscure IPs flying through before, so why not one more?
>>
>>50720568
Heck yeah grew up with this stuff. Cool to see the classic in the Chain if it get through but it looks nice to me.
>>
File: edit-868-1442868737-19.jpg (46KB, 497x388px) Image search: [Google]
edit-868-1442868737-19.jpg
46KB, 497x388px
>>50720733

Aren't I the greatest in the whole wide world?~
>>
>>50720717
>>50720723
Personal motes are those you have total control over.
Peripheral motes is stuff you don't have quite as good a grip on. It works the same, but using it ignites your anima banner and you go all DBZ.
More motes means more of a lightshow, but you get benefits depending on your caste after a certain point.
Basically when you use peripheral motes everyone knows what you are and stealth is no longer an option.
Night castes can dampen it a little and there's charms to do the same, but they're not cost effective or very effective in the long run at all.
>>
>>50720700
Depends on the exalt. Some learn through meditation, some just practice something repeatedly and learn a charm related to it, for Alchemicals Charms are physical things they attach to their body.
No limit except for Alchemicals.

>>50720717
>>50720723
Personal Motes are the ones stored in your body, Peripheral are the ones you can draw from the world around you in short-notice.
Your Anima stuff only activates from the use of Peripheral motes, otherwise they are mechanically the same.
>>
>>50720736
Oh thanks. So there's no difference in the actual potency or what they can be used for, just how flashy and obvious it is?
>>
>>50720568
So about the boosted Master Plan, does that mean we'll find ancient evils that didn't exist in the canon setting of a jump?
>>
>>50720770
Exactly.
Though some charms that refill your Motes specify they they fill one specific pool first, but other than that no other differences.
>>
>>50720625
Only in Forgotten Relams. And it was Mystra so her dying because I breathed to hard doesn't count.
>>
File: She's got moves.gif (4MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
She's got moves.gif
4MB, 320x320px
>>50720736
>>50720758
>>50720766
You guys have been really helpful and awesome, and you have my thanks. In return, have this thing I found.
>>
File: pretty sailor cosmos.jpg (64KB, 561x640px) Image search: [Google]
pretty sailor cosmos.jpg
64KB, 561x640px
I have been temporarily freed of the shackles of the torturous, grinding, soul-consuming process that is the american education system

as such, process on the Sailor Moon jump will accelerate in speed and quality as I begin to reread the manga. Watching the entire anime, start to finish, would take too long.
>>
>>50720790
No problem bro. I like helping people, and Exalted is a setting I love and love talking about, so win-win.
>>
>>50720795
Good luck, Nika the Moth! Also if you could include a fanfiction "drawback" that'd be great. Canon companion option too, please.
>>
>>50720770
Yeah. Peripheral is a bigger pool for that reason

>>50720772
Yeah. If it seems weird, try and remember stuff like anime filler or whatnot where things that existed apparently in the but never came up again and have no real relevance to the 'plot' as a whole
It works a lot better in settings where supernatural things are an existant thing, but in purely sci-fi places you'd probably find things like sealed evil AI or an immortal madman scientist if you want to roll it that way
Mundane worlds like GTA and Black Lagoon probably just directs you to very esoteric yet powerful individuals like cult leaders and the like
Still, if supernatural things EXIST as a whole(even if not the type you end up finding and enslaving) then you're way likely to find them
>>
>>50720815
>I like helping people
That is justice.
>>
>>50720257
If your tl;dr is almost as long as your regular point, you've missed the point of a tl;dr.
>>
File: ngbbs4b8572f6adb86.jpg (114KB, 599x536px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs4b8572f6adb86.jpg
114KB, 599x536px
>>50720568
>no tails doll drawback
I'm not sure if I should be happy that I don't have to deal with it or sad that I can't.
I suppose there's always generic creepypasta
>>
>>50720754
Yes you are! Surprise Digger, it was me! You were the real best girl the entire time!

Seriously thank you this made my night.
>>
File: Joy.jpg (58KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Joy.jpg
58KB, 1024x576px
>>50720795
Make sure to watch the Abridged version too

>>50720835
I try? I know I can be a real asshole sometimes, and have fucked up ideas. But I try to help.
>>
File: OH GOD.jpg (109KB, 340x1353px)
OH GOD.jpg
109KB, 340x1353px
>>50720850
I know, I just remembered there was this whole "That's not justice" joke for a while, so I reversed it because I think you're a cool, helpful guy.

>>50720845
>Digger
>Di
>Dio
>>
For those of you who took the 'pull guitars out of people's heads' perk in FLCL, what's the weirdest guitar you've come upon?

Have you ever pulled a guitar out of one of your favorite characters? What'd it look like?
>>
>>50720831
I like that, it sounds cool. Now I kind of want to use it in Naruto to find that demon hydra thing from the fourth movie without having the movies be canon, thus removing anyone else who might have known about it. ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU.
>>
>>50720875
>For those of you who took the 'pull guitars out of people's heads' perk in FLCL, what's the weirdest guitar you've come upon?
Now I want to pull the guitars of all 49 other Infernals.
And maybe the Third Circles.
>>
Does something count as death when it only destroys your body and your soul is mobile and independent?
>>
>>50721029
Can your soul still affect the physical world? Then you're golden.
>>
>>50721029
Pretty sure that's the exact definition of death anon.
>>
>>50721029
Not if you have a perk for that. Otherwise, it's not any different from dying in a setting where you become a ghost after you die.
>>
>>50721029
What do you mean? Can your soul possess other objects/people or regain a physical form?
>>
>>50720568
For Bad Future and The Eaten Time do we get to go to the regular version of the setting for 10 years after fixing time?
I'd imagine it works kind of like that, but I'm curious especially about what happens if we take both.
>>
File: this world is your mind.png (459KB, 960x606px) Image search: [Google]
this world is your mind.png
459KB, 960x606px
Oh yeah! Forgot to mention.

How would you feel about an End Roll Gauntlet after I'm finished the Sailor Moon jump?

A Gauntlet based off the rpgmaker horror game, End Roll?

Basically, you have an extended sleep in a dream world of yours, populated by various npcs, canon characters, companions, and other people. These are just dream manifestations of those people and not actually them, though.

It's a journey largely filled with huge levels of symbolism as you work through any issues or hangups you had, and also there's symbolic enemies you fight that will help you work through your problems and suppressed trauma.
>>
>>50721051
I mean that there's a point where your body basically just becomes a suit of armor/clothing for your soul. Like those regeneration perks that can restore your head, all they've really done is incapacitate you, if even.
>>
>>50721083
>spoiler
So it's a Yume Nikki fangame?
>>
So just a small announcement, after some brainstorming with AncillaAnon we decided to co-author a Civilization Beyond Earth Jump.

Already got an outline and it shouldn't take too long all things considered. If we're lucky we could have a christmas present for you guys.

Fingers crossed.
>>
>>50721083
Sounds fun, though some people will naturally dislike that it's a gauntlet. I could definitely use it as part of my chain, something for my jumper to go through, maybe with a final choice between either staying a goofy saturday morning cartoon villain who actually helps the good guys or being a genuine villain and using my powers to threaten the worlds I visit.

>>50721110
HYPE!
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg (22KB, 250x250px)
Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
Someone mentioned Mob Psycho 100 earlier and I'm looking at the IP itself, hadn't heard of it until now. Just from marathoning the Anime on Crunchyroll I gotta say it's pretty neat. Drop-In could be the Con-Man with a Heart of Gold. Base ESPer off the golden boy and little brother. Have a spirit option cause they seemed neat. Then have a Psycho Meter (Mob) capstone booster how's that sound for a thing I just threw together.

>>50721083
Sounds awesome NikaMoth. Hope you can hit the tone right.
>>
>>50721110
>Civilization Beyond Earth Jump.
Time to join Best Faction.
Purity/Superiority for Life.
>>
>>50720568
Can companions buy items?
>>
File: 1447454122361.gif (722KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1447454122361.gif
722KB, 500x281px
>>50721110
You're not making it any easier to stop waifuing you.
>>
>>50721072

If you can fully fix time, yes, you get the normal jump

But you have to realize though that the two stack in a not good way

For one thing, every "present" and "good future" zone is now ALSO a bad future zone
and they each have the same situation as the bad future as seen in the drawback
That means an absolutely stupid amount of badniks, and multiple sets of Metal Warriors
as well as the full might of at least a dozen fully functioning Death Egg manufactories with EggRobos by the hundreds

If you can get the time stone's mended it ALSO counts for ending the bad future
It's just
Gonna not be easy having a bunch of victorious eggmans at the height of their military might after you with little to no Freedom Fighter backup, at least for jumpers who haven't gotten some time and training under their belt
>>
>>50721083
Sounds like fun.
Why is everything on fire, covered in vaguely tumorous material, or Metal, and why is it all growing so fast?

>>50721110
And you wonder why you're the thread's waifu why?
>>
>>50721115
I'd rather you stop taking jumps until you can treat them seriously rather then 'throwing things together'. Your work so far has suffered noticeably when you just pick things up on a whim or try to force it through at high speed.
>>
File: Expressions6.png (8KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
Expressions6.png
8KB, 192x192px
>>50721104
Not entirely! While they share the same themes and are part of the genre, End Roll is more about dealing and working through your guilt, and forcing yourself to confront your problems than than walking around looking at weird stuff. It's also more of a traditional RPG.

I don't want to spoil much about the game, but the protag is...basically someone who has a really big reason to be guilty of the actions he's done.
>>
File: Wat.gif (451KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Wat.gif
451KB, 500x500px
>>50721123
>>50721146
I have no idea why people keep waifuing me. I've only made four jumps. And two of those need updates.

Three once I have enough time to take up TopHatAlthalus's offer to image the Evo Search for Eden Jump
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 2.png (278KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 2.png
278KB, 300x450px
>>50721153
Well I was just pitching the idea to see what people would want with all the stuff that I'd thought of just in case someone wants to take the IP before me they'd have at least an idea. I'm not claiming it as it is. You are, however, right I have had some flaws appear from moving too fast.
>>
>>50721142
That's pretty nuts, but it's nice that solving one solves the other.

I want basically everything in this jump but I was kind of worried about not being able to actually experience classic sonic at all if I went ham on the drawbacks.
Thanks for explaining, and great job on the jump.
>>
File: FaceGraphics.png (6KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
FaceGraphics.png
6KB, 192x192px
>>50721146

Without spoiling too much,

The protag is a traumatized kid who did some really bad stuff because he had no idea how to cope with his trauma. The game is about him realizing that the way he's going about it is bad. The dream is showing him how badly he hurt others through his actions, and has him work through his issues, I believe. I haven't finished the game yet, admittedly

>>50721113
Well, End Roll as a setting isn't exactly jumpable but it seems like perfect Gauntlet material.

And that's a very interesting dilemma your jumper's going through. Good work thinking that up.
>>
>>50721110
Awesome. That game has some really cool stuff in it. I look forward to seeing what you do with it. I'm guessing you'll work the Affinities into perk trees, somehow?
>>
>>50721174

Will there be a 0cp option to import a civ from a previous jump?
>>
>>50721296
was trying to figure out symbolic versions of Alice's Issues. The whole goddess of growth via consumption thing is starting to chip away at her sanity meter. I
>>
>>50721317
Me and Ancilla are discussing how to handle them right now. Currently thinking that there will be a dual origin between Affinity and Focus. So you have scientific purists or militaristic harmony or whatever. We're just trying to figure out how to work the math and mechanics so the structure makes sense.

>>50721318
Wasn't really planning on it, but I can note it down to mull over.
>>
Where can I get some one-ups?
>>
>>50721367
As long as I can have all sorts of weird tech, I'll be happy. I'm definitely bringing Artificial Alloys to the jump so I can produce my own firaxite and floatstone. The electrical engineer in me salivates at the descriptions of their properties. Xenomass is nice, too, but magnetic monopoles are where the amazing stuff is at.
>>
>>50721388
Super Mario, Universal Monsters, Creepypasta, Bayonetta, and others I can't think of right now.
>>
>>50721174
It's not your jumps that made you cute Worm_Anon!
It's your heart
>>
>>50721388
Here's a list of one-up (1-up) options in the chain. Wait, what? We have /how many/ one-up perks and items? More than twenty?

Skull Rebirth (Skull Man)
Extra Life (Scott Pilgrim)
1-up (Super Mario)
Mediumcore (Terraria)
Eternal (Creepypasta)
Blessing of Death (DC Occult WIP)
Tower of Naraka (Asura's Wrath)
Back From the Grave (Generic Universal Monsters)
A Bad Dream (Rust)
Down, Rebirth (Custom Robo)
Wakestone Shard (Dragon's Dogma)
Respawn (Killing Floor)
Jumper-grade Cortical Stack (Eclipse Phase)
NWoD Mortals (Purified)
Kisk Stone (Aion)
Divine Charm (Hero Union BBS)
Horcrux (Harry Potter)
God Tier (SBURB; conditional, unheroic or unjust death)
Self-Sacrifice(Disney Princess; conditional, risk life to save someone from something that would kill you)
Red Hot Shot (Bayonetta)
Enter the Gungeon (A Shot Through Time)
Save-scumming (Generic Dungeon Crawl)
Cortex Command (Backup Plan)
God Hand (Fate)
>>
>>50721388
Skullman, Scott Pilgrim, Hero BBS, Terraria, Mario, Universal Monsters, Custom Robo, Rust, Sims, Tales of Symphonia, and Tales of Phantasia.
They've become increasingly common recently.
>>
>>50721367
>Wasn't really planning on it, but I can note it down to mull over.

Thanks
>>
File: Anons no!.gif (2MB, 500x281px)
Anons no!.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>50721399
Probably gonna be a replenishing/respawning supply of the faction materials in the gear section. So even if you don't have that perk you'd be able to pick it up. It makes sense with how much of their tech is based on the unique resou-

>>50721405
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 1452461733722.gif (2MB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1452461733722.gif
2MB, 500x390px
>>50721426
Anons, /yes/.
>>
>>50721426
Oh, I figured that there would probably be a replenish stock of the faction resources, for the reasons you stated. But I'm going to be using a lot of this stuff. Firaxite and floatstone are two of my favorite pieces of unobtanium in science fiction. Because they're not dependent on some incredible super-rare exotic matter like Tiberium or Element Zero or whatever is. They're made of completely ordinary atoms, just formed under novel conditions that cause them to naturally produce metamaterials. That appeals to my training as an engineer more than some magic super-particle being the key to advanced technology. Firaxite and floatstone are things that humans could have created on their own, the natural deposits of them just sped up the process.
>>
File: Jumpers 2.jpg (334KB, 709x546px) Image search: [Google]
Jumpers 2.jpg
334KB, 709x546px
>>50721426
Yes!
>>
>>50721514
I like the way you think anon. You're cool.

>>50721503
You however should delete this! Delete! DELETE!

Oh god I really should sleep sometime tonight
>>
>>50721503
Where exactly is that gif from?
>>
>>50721115
Isn't that made by the same guy as OPM?
>>
>>50721408
Can you imagine how frustrating it would be to a try and kill a jumper with all of these and all the healing factors?
>>
>>50721594
It is made by ONE Productions, so yeah. Don't know if ONE themselves did anything beyond some art but it's really enjoyable.
>>
>>50721609
Don't forget durability, it helps if you can't be cut through like tissue paper, even if you can easily put yourself back together.
>>
>>50721609
>>50721634
Speaking of, can I get a list of healing factors/regen and durability perks?
>>
>>50721646
That's probably half the jumps on the drive.
Notable regen is Omega Healing factor from X men, Anomalous Phisiology from SCP, and Prototype's Runner Regen.
Several shapeshifting methods also have quick healing.

Durability is all over the place. Super Hero jumps have a lot of it. Like seriously pick one and it's probably got it.
Exalted has soak improving charms and D&D has dozens of ways to get damage reduction if you want to reduce damage before you een feel it as well.
>>
>>50721609
If we want to go full asshole, why not throw in What Doesn't Kill Me?
>>
>>50721770
Where's that from?
>>
>>50721770
Now that's just cruel. Add that thing from...what was it, Dark Angel, that makes you fully immune to a certain element like metal or fire, and you're downright evil.

>>50721784
Generic Virtual World, I think.
>>
>>50721792
Yep.
>>
>>50721646
ALL of them? Good fucking luck, buddy. You're better off just asking anons to tell you about any notable regen or durability perks they themselves have grabbed.
>>
>>50721646
>durability perks?
People have already given you regeneration, but for durability the best are probably found in PS238, Pacific Rim and Godzilla.
>>
File: JC4.jpg (58KB, 650x482px)
JC4.jpg
58KB, 650x482px
>>50721110
Godspeed, both of you.

And Supremacy for life.

>>50720875
I'll have to make that a tie between Oramus' and the Ebon Dragon's. From one I got the dreams of seven stringed instruments, most of which played colours, smells and probability instead of actual music.

From the other, I got the shadow of a guitar that plays the sound of silence.

The weirdest part is they both somehow sound very nice even though they shouldn't make sound at all.

Shin Rage's guitar deserves an honorable mention, though. It can only be played as a percussion instrument on other people, exclusively covers hardcore rap as metal and detonate any Bless CD it comes into contact with.

>>50721083
Sounds neat, good luck.

>>50721115
That sounds about right, yeah. Although maybe Con Man's capstone could have something for taking on and proficiently wielding the powers of those suffering emotional distress because of them, incidentally increasing psychological welbeing by
taking their responsibilities as well?

>>50721646
For regen I'd like to recommend Quantum Evolution from Worm and Karma Chameleon from GUNNM as well, especially if you buff the latter with Karmatron Dynamics or just inject the regenerator nano into yourself. Those let your regenerations adapt to the method of attack, after all.

And while it'll probably take many, MANY additional SCIENCE! or MAGIC! perks, if you'd like some really strong regen then with Sufficiently Advanced from SCP you might be able to reverse engineer SCP 682's regeneration factor. I'd recommend the Morass from Infernals jump for embarking on that given the thing enjoys being reduced to quantum foam.

>>50721861
No love for Apotheosis from Knights of Sidonia? Megastructure alloy's gotta be pretty damn buff to survive contact with a GBE.
>>
File: JC5.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JC5.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>50717516
Oh, sorry-almost missed this, as far as I know he hasn't and isn't.

Wish I knew where he was, after Paprike I was wondering if he was considering a Paranoia Agent jump too. I love surreal stuff.
>>
>>50721932
>No love for Apotheosis from Knights of Sidonia? Megastructure alloy's gotta be pretty damn buff to survive contact with a GBE.
It doesn't do that, though. GBEs can destroy megastructure the same as anything else. That's why Ochiai can't fire his GBE without opening a weakness in his defense, he'd blast a huge hole in his armor if he didn't clear the barrel first.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 8.png (78KB, 760x646px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 8.png
78KB, 760x646px
>>50721932
Well if I were to pick it up that would be the property of the Psycho Meter: a climatic power upheaval as the person who has a frankly funny skill at martial arts and cons gains the abilities and skill-level of those that willingly allow the Con to take the 'burden of power'.
>>
File: JC6.jpg (78KB, 1328x585px) Image search: [Google]
JC6.jpg
78KB, 1328x585px
>>50722016
I remember about Ochiai, but I could've sworn Apotheosis explicitly had a bit about how it wouldn't get instantgibbed by the things? Maybe it's something to do with it being built into the form of a mechanical Gauna? I imagine it would still bruise a bit because, well, GBE.

...I'm still wondering how that even works, actually. Is it like the Bayformers' shuffling of motors and engines, or like the T-1000's liquid metal?

>>50722020
That sounds about right. Also good to see you, I've a few questions about some of your jumps:

Speaking of which-I know little about Hollows and even less about German Hollow Quest, but if I immersed my nanohollows into the raw energy of the Beyond that lies beyond (no pun intended) the Artful Temple That Is Not, do you think with enough Crafting successes I could expand their capabilities so that they can influence the world around it into becoming Wyld, or create and magical materials?

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but would it be safe to assume that transforming explosively into a Primordial would annihilate the Wyld artifacts forged out of your own Graces assuming you acquired some in the gauntlet? Or might there be a chance they instead become a Primordial-aspected
behemoth/spell/demesne/not quite sure what an Oath would be assuming my transformation would be the kind that involves acquiring a Cosmic Principle Charm?

Finally, for Samurai Deeper Kyo-if I'm understanding the "true" effect of Mark of a Crimson King correctly, does it mean you can effectively siphon the spiritual energy of the world around you to empower yourself? Assuming a Primordial is in the Wyld, what kind of effects would the ability have on the environment?
>>
>>50721932
>No love for Apotheosis from Knights of Sidonia?
You also inherit the weaknesses of a True Core, which is firmly a downgrade when you could do something like regenerate from a single cell.
>>
File: Kagetora and Matsuri.jpg (158KB, 728x1092px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora and Matsuri.jpg
158KB, 728x1092px
>>50722172
>Speaking of which-I know little about Hollows and even less about German Hollow Quest, but if I immersed my nanohollows into the raw energy of the Beyond that lies beyond (no pun intended) the Artful Temple That Is Not, do you think with enough Crafting successes I could expand their capabilities so that they can influence the world around it into becoming Wyld, or create and magical materials?
Yeah that should be possible.

>I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but would it be safe to assume that transforming explosively into a Primordial would annihilate the Wyld artifacts forged out of your own Graces assuming you acquired some in the gauntlet?
I doubt anything you do outside of breaking them with a drawback will break those things if you bought them with CP.

>Or might there be a chance they instead become a Primordial-aspected behemoth/spell/demesne/not quite sure what an Oath would be assuming my transformation would be the kind that involves acquiring a Cosmic Principle Charm?
They are more like (You) aspected but yeah that's fine. I don't think they'll play well with other Yozi but for you they'll work just fine.

>Finally, for Samurai Deeper Kyo-if I'm understanding the "true" effect of Mark of a Crimson King correctly, does it mean you can effectively siphon the spiritual energy of the world around you to empower yourself?

>Assuming a Primordial is in the Wyld, what kind of effects would the ability have on the environment?
You'd feed on the 'world' only when there was a 'world' to feed on, but you might accidentally drag pieces of the original Creation that got overtaken in the Wyld over to you or something. Or you may accedently fall out of primordal chaos in accendent order for a moment. If you were in Mortal Heroes at the time, with the Keychain of Creation Drawback you might actually enter the ephemeral realms of Dream properly.
>>
>>50722258
To be fair if you are a core that can also regenerate from a single cell it's a moot point. And kabi doesn't exit beyond the setting.
>>
Jump 223: Super Mario RPG
>Seven of Pentacles (Assessment): Evaluating the status of your work and your options for the future.
How fitting.
>Age: 17
>Location: Free Choice
>Identity: Doll
Geno? Oh, I'm not him. I'm more... his mirror, in a sense. Sure, I'm here to make sure Smitty doesn't take over everything with really silly looking minions, but I'm more likely to hang out with Bowser than Mario, if only because Bowser's more entertaining.
>Drawbacks: Goomba Swarm (+100)
Sure, they're annoying, but if I can apply softcap perks to the level cap... it's a never-ending font of XP.
>Robust (Free, Doll)
Resistance to physical pain, toxins, poisons... sign me up.
>Hard Shell (1000)
Immunity to effects that disable or immobilize me sounds awfully handy.
>Engineer (700)
I can see it! I'm building a picture in my head.
>Shell Charge (400)
Gee, I wonder whether being able to hit top speed without having to accelerate would come handy in a couple jumps when I go for Sonic?
>Quartz Charm (0)
Having a resistance against instant-kill spells is always useful. Increasing damage dealt and decreasing damage received is the icing on the cake. This goes into the gauntlet.

To be fair, I'm not actively getting involved in things to start. I'm just puttering around while all kinds of things go down. And when Mario and the crew meet me, if they want me to tag along, they're going to have to prove they're worth it. Once they do, I'll happily go along until it's all settled, then hang out with Bowser afterward.

Until then I'm going to be one of those optional boss characters, because it's fun.
>>
Seriously?
No one's made an attack on titan jump?
>>
>>50722391
There have been a couple of attempts. I believe Spyro has the WIP? Not sure if they're working on it or have given it up.
>>
Wasn't there a non-Gonzo Journalism jump? Was it called something weird?
>>
>>50722379
Jump 224: Super Mario Brothers
>Knight of Swords, reversed: A person who inspires fear and hate through their domineering nature and the power of their presence. Speaking without tact or tolerance, in a sarcastic manner. May portend the swift initiation or conclusion of conflict, through the calamitous invocation of force.
Long summary is long. Remember how I was an optional boss before? Now it's not so optional.
>Platform: 3-D
So is there a Mario 64 II? Because I'd be happy to take the villain spot there if Bowser will let me borrow some resources. Like his kids. Because they should've been in Mario 64.
Or does this mean I'm in the New SMB era?
You know what, I don't care. Do you know why? Because this means this jump is going to include, at a MINIMUM, a 3D recreation of Mario 3.
>Identity: Drop-In
Only because I'm not going to be a Koopa. I'm sticking with the doll-like motif. Except less doll-like and more robotic. Mimicking plumbers, in fact, without silly palette swaps.
>Drawbacks: Sportsman (0), Shrunk (+100), Your Princess Is In Another Castle (+200)
Sports are good; and I can deal with being half-size when I haven't chewed on a mushroom, it'll give my antics a bit of comic relief when I go from the big bad to ... very much not. As far as Another Castle, well, it's Mario; why not make it a challenge?
>E Gadd! (Free, Drop-In)
Is it any surprise that Bowser has someone on his side who can deal with the less-magical aspects? I mean, he's gotta get those airships and things from SOMEWHERE.
>Warp Paintings (1000, Drop-In)
Hey, I can be a nice guy and give gifts to people. Like if the Princess needs to decorate her castle, for instance. I'll be happy to send her some more paintings. Just add a happy tree, and give him a friend. We don't make mistakes here. We have happy little accidents.
>Super Jump (900)
NOT being able to jump like this, even as a bad guy, is suicide.
>>
>>50722467
>1-Up (300)
... it's a 1-Up, of COURSE I'm going to grab it. You can't ever be too careful.
>Increase Charisma (200)
The goal is to be the charming kind of villain, as opposed to the usual fare.
>Special Delivery (0)
This? Honestly I just got it because being able to deliver anything anywhere within a day is handy. I just wish I had it for 9 to 5, I'd have put Amazon out of business.

Like I said, this isn't going to be so much a matter of being creative with new level design.

This is taking the classic Mario games and translating them into 3D.

Airships. Giant worlds. Ice worlds. The classic levels. Hell, the insanity of Super Mario 2. It's all going into 3D, baby.

And I'm definitely not doing this in hopes that I find a way to translate past jumps into video games... actually I'm almost certain I HAVE seen that perk somewhere. I'll have to track it down.
>>
>>50722473
>Special Delivery

How does this work? Or if it's something customisable, how do you imagine it working for your jumper?
>>
>>50722473
>And I'm definitely not doing this in hopes that I find a way to translate past jumps into video games... actually I'm almost certain I HAVE seen that perk somewhere.

You're probably looking for the JS Vita from Dragon's Crown, although it's an item, not a perk.
>>
>>50722512
Either way I am snagging the hell out of that one when I do that jump later, thank you.

>>50722485
I have absolutely no idea. From what I gathered, I am assuming this is basically meant to encapsulate how Peach keeps getting her letters and packages to Mario despite being kidnapped. Honestly I imagine it's just a very efficient courier service that works off screen.
>>
>>50722439
You might be thinking of the wip of the Generic News Jump someone (Clover? idr) put up.
>>
>>50722522
The neat thing about Special Delivery is that your companions can buy it as well. Get separated? One of you is lost and without their equipment in the farthest reaches of the universe? Send them all sorts of things, including home-cooked meals every day!
>>
What's Firefly's danger level? Is it a bad idea to board the ship the origins are talking about?
>>
>>50720610
>>50720610
You know, I'm curious, how did the Gamer manage to give Chara her own physical form?
>>
>>50722586
I chose not to import my companions for this jump, unfortunately. Paying 100 a pop so they can have 200 points is so very much not worth it.

I'll just give it to them with sacrificial bestowment. Should be as slow as fifth class mail to start, I think...
>>
>>50722640
They are talking about the titular ship. Watch the series anon. Is good.
>>
Which Jumps have alternative starts, like Hero BBS's Drop In and Dresden Files' Outsider having you being summoned from your previous world or Dishonored having you be "stolen" from the Benefactor?
>>
>>50722698
Every Gauntlet, most jumps by dirge_ depending on how you treat the survey team, Familiar of Zero has the getting summoned thing as a drop in.
Light of Terra, and Fall from Heaven should count too I suppose.
>>
Jumpers.

Have you ever reach an obscene, unholy level of high?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bshN1JHymMk
>>
>>50722694
>spoiler

>Jumper decides to post a birthday present to one of his companions.
>A week later, 'Hey, did you like what I sent you?"
>"You sent me something?"
>Somewhere in the multiverse, somebody is signing for a delivery they weren't expecting...
>>
For the past couple months I’ve been trying to make an interesting write-centric chain. I’ve been hitting complete blanks whenever I try to just sit down and write and honestly it’s starting to get agitating. What little I have is a vague idea of what I want my benefactor’s lore to be. So, since trying to jump right in was going nowhere, I figured I’d preview what I have and hopefully give myself a jumping haha off point.

http://pastebin.com/a7VRjVcB

So, that’s what I have so far. I’m of the mind that it needs a ton of work, so I would really appreciate any critique I can get so I can improve on it, or at the very least, know what I messed up so I don't do it again.

I know next to nothing about mtg lore, so I wouldn't be too surprised if I'm completely mistaken about how oldwalkers and the mending work
>>
>>50722657
Resurrection Magic mostly

Or you could rule that he podded her as a spirit, but then once she was Imported via CP she got a body.
Either works
>>
File: nice.gif (419KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
nice.gif
419KB, 500x230px
Just got back from Rogue One, I is happy Star Wars fanboy. Definitely worth seeing in theaters, already writefagging it into my Star Wars jump.
>>
>>50722904
I was told it was shit tho

Then again, I was told this by /tv/. Did it take a while to get good or something?
>>
File: d7u44df.png (41KB, 296x200px) Image search: [Google]
d7u44df.png
41KB, 296x200px
>>50720568
Sonic Retro
> Age: 14
> Origin: Conqueror
> Location: Angel Island [Rolled5]
> Eggomania [Get a Freebie!]
> Fly High, Gentlemen! [Get a Freebie!]
> Clean Break [-100CP]
> Well-Oiled [-100CP]
> I Hate That Hedgehog! [-200CP]
> Build My Empire [-200CP]
> The Master Plan [-300CP]
> Smooth Criminal [Get a Freebie!]
> The Blessing of the Little Planet [-300CP]
> Casino Night [-400CP]
> Jump Mobile [Get a Freebie!]
> Emerald Radar [-100CP]
> Death Egg Schematics [-300CP]
> Bad Future [+400CP]
> The Eaten Time [+600CP]

~
"So you like Eggman, huh? I'LL GIVE YOU ALL THE EGGMAN YOU CAN HANDLE."

I landed in a white void. This was different from the black void I'd been in previously, between jumps. So that was neat.
The world? It was a fragmented mess of time periods and set pieces, falling over each other, being built, past and future, good and bad.

I met all the Eggmans.
Every single Zone had its own Eggman.
I met ALL OF THE EGGMANS.
SatAM Eggman. Comics Eggman. Sonic Boom Eggman. Sonic X. I saw Snively, Cubot, Orbot, Scratch and Grounder.
I met an Eggman who wore nothing but big polkadot pajamas with a fuzzy tipped night cap, I met a Robotnik who randomly vacillated in volume and spliced words together, I talked with King Shahryar, and got in a boxing match with Teddy Roosevelt.
I met. All. The Eggmans.

How the fuck they managed to work together I don't know, but I'm willing to bet they didn't. It was pretty rare that they teamed up.
More like a series of boss fights.
>>
File: konata-ubw-thumb.jpg (35KB, 510x383px) Image search: [Google]
konata-ubw-thumb.jpg
35KB, 510x383px
>>50722936
Of course there was the Time Devourer.
It wouldn't attack if the Eggmans were around, but if I tried to retreat or collect myself for too long, it would come after me. Sortof the bunker buster weapon at their disposal. To be used in "lost" zones, when digging me out with an army of robots was too much hassle. In some ways it was easier to just keep moving forward.
So that's what I did.

As I moved from zone to zone, I collected every one of the Chaos Emeralds and every fragment of Time Stones that I could find. And of course they tried to stop me.
Well, most of them did.
Some of them were too wrapped up in their own heads, or spent too long monologuing, and some of them were so ineffectual that they might as well have not tried at all. But I couldn't relax, because there was always danger. If not from an individual Eggman, then from another, or the robots, or the Time Devourer. Some of them were frightening. Some of them were insane. Some of them dangerous beyond belief.

You know that Eggman from the Archie comics? Don't fuck with him.

Some Eggmans died.

But, eventually, I found all the emeralds. It was... faster than you'd think, but longer than you'd hope.
Activating the Control System to use all the emeralds was a chore. I had to build a machine for it, on account of I didn't know how to do it myself. But luckily the Eggmans had done various experiments themselves, so I was able to cobble together something out of the parts.
>>
>>50722946
It must have been a cruel joke. I bet it was so funny. I bet she was laughing so much, in that way that she does. With all her poison and teeth.

I don't know how, or why, or what lead up to it. Or even if it was real. Maybe it was a clone? Maybe it was some alternate timeline. I mean, if the universe is truly infinite, then...
But, I ramble. Because I don't want to think about it. Because regardless of anything, I know it was him, because in this world where I had never identified myself beyond a series of titles, where I just referred to myself as an aimless traveler,

He called me by my name.

He said he'd come too far now.
Sacrificed too much.
With all these emeralds, and all these stones, and all these timelines and disconnect space, with the power to breach the dimensional barrier, he would gain access to the beyond, to all worlds and every timeline.

"I won't take any joy from this," He said. "But I'll stop you if I have to."

And so I told him,
"Me too."

It feels weird to say that. That I turned against him. Because I'm not really good at being the good guy. And I'm certainly no hero.
But at the end, I began the Control Sequence, to put the timeline and the world(s) back together.
Eggman, the last Eggman, the very first Eggman I'd ever met, the one I'd dedicated ten years of my life to, tried one last time to stop me. This is what you're trying to do! It's the end game! We could remake everything! Everywhere! Don't you want that?
>>
File: Konata_Izumi.jpg (17KB, 363x400px) Image search: [Google]
Konata_Izumi.jpg
17KB, 363x400px
>>50722957
"The good thing about bad guys," I said, "Is that, at the very end, they lose. And the world is made better for it. I wouldn't expect you to understand."
I'd be lying if I said it wasn't bittersweet.
"But... thank you. For everything. It was fun."

And none of that ever happened.
Huh? Timelines? Dimensional anomalies? Multiverse? You're crazy. This is Mobius, and it always has been.

I'm just Konata, roboticist rival and treasure hunter extraordinaire! I travel the world stealing Chaos Emeralds, Chaos Rings, Time Stones, you know, whatever strikes my fancy (and generates huge amounts of pseudo-magical power).
And I periodically team up with Robotnik, just because I like his style.
Though, sometimes I work against him, too. It's all in good fun, you know?

At any rate, things don't change a lot here on Mobius. Villains do awesome things, heroes win, and all is right with the world. It's been like that since the start of time, and it'll likely be that way for a lot longer.

Who would want anything different?
>>
>>50722933
The beginning took a bit to reach it's stride, second half is the best. Even though I knew what was going to happen I still got a little anxious at the very end.

Star Wars is one of those franchises that at this point everything is scrutinized by people. I swear some people just look for things to nit pick.

As a fan I'd give it a 8/10, some flaws but by god it made me want to race home and put on A New Hope
>>
>>50722936
>>50722946
>>50722957
>>50722966
That is sheer awesome. I salute you.
>>
>>50722966
Is... is that the end of Konata's chain?
>>
>>50722813
It's as good an explanation as any. I too have no idea about MtG lore.
Have you considered how your Benefactor sets up jumps? Do they find settings with just the right details, or create them?
>>
File: yanderata.png (23KB, 177x100px) Image search: [Google]
yanderata.png
23KB, 177x100px
>>50723021
Haha! You wish, anon! No.

A jumper's life is a great many endings all strung together, every decade or so.
But it's not nearly The End for me just yet.
>>
>>50721110
Ooh, that'd be cool.
>>
>>50723027
I've always figured that it was easier on them to sift through the multiverse for a world that matches what they want then to just make on out of whole cloth.
>>
File: AoT.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
AoT.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50722391
>>50722417
This is all I got from way back when a WIP was posted.
>>
File: whatisthisakonataforants.gif (5KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
whatisthisakonataforants.gif
5KB, 80x80px
>>50723027
See: >>50723105

My Jump-chan is powerful, but not "create a fully functioning and tailor made universe with a finger snap" powerful.
There are infinite universes, and so she just finds a universe that fits the parameters.

It creates less questions about a plot device's omnipotence and reasons and more questions about whether our decisions even have meaning in a truly infinite multiverse, which I find preferable.

The answer is Don't Think About It, Morty!
>>
How screwed am I if I take 1800 CP worth in drawbacks for Siren: Blood Curse.

Because goddammit, Ouroboros is some good shit.
>>
>>50723227
Not at all if you go in decently powerful and with some willpower/sanity perks. There's not much actual risk to your sanity or your person if you go in prepared, but the time you are there is gonna be hell.
>>
>>50723227
This >>50723255 , as long as you don't take Deathly or its associated drawback, which may as well be trap options.
>>
How many purchases of Magnetite in the SMT jump would it be a good idea to have if we went with the demon origin? I know its important to a demon but not exactly sure at how much one needs to live and whatnot.
>>
File: IMG_0254.jpg (386KB, 1280x1693px)
IMG_0254.jpg
386KB, 1280x1693px
Ghost Rider jump I have a question about Heavenfire. Can it still burn away the soul? Like instead of cleansing it, sometimes a truly evil soul or being needs to be destroyed. Also can it still burn flesh? If you cleanse a soul, does that like make a person good? Also how long do you have to ressurect someone before you're unable to? Like is it a day? Hour?
>>
Is the Dimension Lord Dimension from DC Occult a good place to hide my Horcrux/Phylactery?
>>
>>50723731
Depends on if it needs to be in the same reality to anchor you or not.
>>
>>50723731
I haven't read the jump so take this with a grain of salt, but Horcrux may be a problem as your soul manifests where your Horcrux is, and you can't really do anything in soul form, so that sounds like a good way to get trapped.
>>
>>50723737
Pretty sure that a D&D Lich Phylactery works across planes and I don't see why a Horcrux wouldn't.

>>50723767
The Dimension Lord Dimension could probably let you create a new body with the power it provides you, it does grant enough to fight off an enraged Specter after all.
>>
>>50723767
So is the Horcrux single-use? I sit "consumed" when you are restored?
>>
>>50723822
No it is an additional requirement for killing you, sort of like how healing factors requires more of your body to be destroyed to kill you. But with your soul instead of your body.
>>
>>50723822
It doesn't restore you, you sit in a state worse than death until you can restore yourself.
>>
>>50723851
So if it's destroyed, is it protected with a CP guarantee, also restoring the "soul piece"? Is there any way to "upgrade" the soul fragment, or is it more akin to a "snapshot" of your soul? Or is it something that just "happens" because of how perks work?
>>
>>50723802
>Pretty sure that a D&D Lich Phylactery works across planes and I don't see why a Horcrux wouldn't.

I've always said that for the purpose of the jump the horcrux at least needs to be in the same dimension as you were when you died. The point of a Horcrux is that it tethers you to the dimension you're in.

Otherwise people would just chuck it in the warehouse.
>>
>>50723890
Oh, I thought it just couldn't be in the warehouse.
Dammit.
>>
>>50723890
I don't remember if horcruxes causing madness was fanon or not but does the in jump one come with any of the downsides canon ones might have? Does it actually take part of your soul or is it an extra bit?
>>
>>50723890
Come Along With Me in adventure time says that it can be used to instead take canon characters, does than mean you can get 8 characters for the 100 cp purchase?
>>
>>50723896
You can still do a magic room, the Room of Requirement worked. You just need it to tether you to the dimension you are in.

>>50723951
It's definitely fanon. Downside in canon is that it makes you appear less human (and even then only if you make loads). No downsides to the purchased one, comes with extra soul chunk.

>>50723954
As written yes but it now occurs to me that it's not very well balanced.

It's pretty OP getting 8 lumpy space people for 100 CP.
>>
>>50724009
>It's pretty OP getting 8 lumpy space people for 100 CP.
that sounds more like a drawback than anything else.
>>50724009
Would the fact that the Dimension Lord Dimension is linked to me make that work? Or perhaps the Inner World from Infernals, hiding my soul in my soul?
>>
File: Bloodborne_Horror.png (692KB, 970x725px)
Bloodborne_Horror.png
692KB, 970x725px
> Go to Bloodborne, get Blood Saint + Arcanist Touch + Good Blood + Bloodied Combat and then get Chikage and Evelyn as my main weapons. I'm literally a walking, super blood powered, murder machine that does not die.

How tough am I jumpers, could I oneshot the Cleric Beast or at least most normal enemies?

Could I survive The Hunt drawback?
>>
How well could a 3rd circle demon do against a servant? Not to sure of that to be honest.
>>
>>50724190
They both vary so much there's really no answer to your question. You might want to be more specific.
>>
>>50724206
Something more specific? For 3rd circle I don't think I can be all that specific since there are so many different examples but I think it would be one made to fight or at least focused on stabbing things to death. The servant would be a saber or a similar melee type since the other classes tend to have some weird things up their sleeves.
>>
>>50724026
>Would the fact that the Dimension Lord Dimension is linked to me make that work? Or perhaps the Inner World from Infernals, hiding my soul in my soul?

If it's in a different dimension no.
>>
>>50723116
Seems very titan focused, too titan focused honestly, the 3d maneuver gear stuff some people pulled where what I was looking to get really.
>>
>>50724262
That's still about as vague as you can get. Is this Heracles whose basically a big brute that's hard to put down or is this Cu Chulainn, who has plenty of concept hax. They're both melee fighters but they're very very different opponents. Same with the 3rd Circle. What charms does one have and so on. It's like asking whether a Wizard beats a Cleric in DnD. You're just comparing two classes with a massive range of variation even within a combat focused role.
>>
So, in Infernals, how DOES one Prison Break?
>>
>>50720568
Can you actually earn a set of Chaos Emeralds in the Special Zone and can other people go through them to earn rewards different from your own?
>>
>>50724371
Turn the world into hell, or at least something so close to it that reality can't tell the difference.
>>
>>50724310
But anon, everyone is Titans! Even the walls are Titans!
>>
File: 1481706583205.jpg (124KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1481706583205.jpg
124KB, 500x499px
>>50717043
So, how did you make your 'Green Suns'?
>>
File: must-go-faster.gif (959KB, 350x185px)
must-go-faster.gif
959KB, 350x185px
>>50720568
Preliminary Build: Sonic Classic

Drawbacks:
Metal Destruction

Total CP: 1200

Freedom Fighter
All the Freedom Fighter perks.
The Blessing of the Little Planet
Super Shoes

Not sure what to add, really, other than "zooooooooooooom".
>>
>>50724471
Yup, read that from the corebook. Any other ways, though?

Turning hell into something approaching reality... Hm, I wonder.
>>
>>50724526
There is a perk in Dresden that should allow the Yozi to break their surrender oaths, with the Solars at half strength and some of the missing ones on the Yozi's side you could probably just stomp on creation.
>>
File: 1481403381377.png (709KB, 1280x720px)
1481403381377.png
709KB, 1280x720px
>>50724371
>Get some perk that allows you to break oaths
>Make the world go to shit so hard that there is no difference between Malfeas and the rest of the Creation
>Bully the UCS into releasing the Yozi by using the charm that allows him to summon them
>Twist the Yozi enough that they're no longer considered Yozi so their oaths are worthless
>Try to open a hole into the Wyld so the Yozi can exit Malfeas and the Creation all-together and do their own Creation again

Try some of these.

Maybe something sticks.
>>
>>50724561
Ah, Dresden will probably be late in the chain. Thanks, though.

>>50724588
Thank you for the list!

>Twist the Yozi enough that they're no longer considered Yozi so their oaths are worthless
Sounds very interesting. Although doesn't work for Prison Break, does it?
>>
>>50724421

Sorta. In the sonic classic jump proper you'd be able to grab the emeralds, post-jump you'd either find chaos stones in mundane worlds or magical/non-unique materials in the various special zones of each jump

You can allow others to enter, the Star Post works for anyone who knows the trick (which is really just thinking REALLY hard about wanting to enter the Special Zone)

>>50721120
Yas!
>>
>>50724630
>Sounds very interesting. Although doesn't work for Prison Break, does it?
It would depend on the terms of your own oath.

All of those were to free the Yozi. To free yourself you could try using something like Star and Stones and some perk-sharing ability to have one of your companions to get you.

Or just have companions powerful enough to get out as demons, bitchslap the UCS and all Heaven and have him summon you.

My current plan is to use the Stars and Stones on the Yozi after making my own deal with them so they are obligated to free me once they're out.
>>
>>50724670
Free the yozi from their need to follow oaths in exchange for their oath to free you too? Good plan. . .
>>
>>50724477
I know that, but I wanted to do the pacific rim jump. then build a jaeger in attack on titan and kick titan ass without being one of those filthy abominations.
>>
I have a question about the perk Training Takes Time from Saint's Row. Can you activate it instantly and at will or does it take time? Would it tire you out as much as an eight hour training session would?
>>
File: da89f81870d4b58cc59e04871ab5441c.png (670KB, 760x1019px) Image search: [Google]
da89f81870d4b58cc59e04871ab5441c.png
670KB, 760x1019px
>>50720568
Overall, it looks great. I may have to add a certain robotic bunny to my Companions now.

Just a nitpick while I'm reading through. Your margins go wonky in the Locations section. They start out indented, but then just stop being that way.

Also, an Adams Family reference, oh you delightful bun.

Seriously, it looks great.

>>50721110
Oh, oh my. That will be great to see! Good luck Worm!

>>50720875
>>50721932
>Guitars
>Squeal.gif
>>
>>50724698
Well, it's an oath that would be fulfilled after they get out. It might be better than an oath that will be fulfilled at the end of eternity.
>>
>>50723890
What if you put it in your own soul like the Inner World thing from Infernals?
>>
>>50724832
>>50724269
Just saw this. What if I use a DBC to keep a tiny portal open near me close to the Horcrux?
>>
my build for DIGIMON STORY: CYBER SLEUTH (IC 0.99) http://pastebin.com/Fuxgw7vA
>>
File: JC8.jpg (207KB, 630x345px) Image search: [Google]
JC8.jpg
207KB, 630x345px
>>50720568
Drawbacks: The Eaten Time, Metal Destruction, Super Drowning Skills, & Knuckles (2000)

Conqueror, age 26

Rolled South Island

Eggomania (Free)
Fly High, Gentlemen! (Free)
Clean Break (1900)
Well-Oiled (1800)
I Hate that Hedgehog! (1600)
Build my Empire (1400)
The Master Plan (1100)
Smooth Criminal (Free)
The Blessing of the Little Planet (800)
Friend of the Flickes (600)
A Forbidden Treasure (0)

I have a bad habit of badly misunderstanding things outside my frame of reference. This has nothing to do with my Primordialhood, and everything to do with me being a dense motherfucker.

For example, I thought this was a happy vacation world. Turns out NO, it's a high fantasy epoch where the very fate of the universe is decided between the eternal battle between eggmen and anthropomorphic animals!

Apparently Eggmen can break the laws of science even BEFORE jacking into a Chaos Emerald. So, I spread a few rumors about where the Chaos Emeralds were-and during the initial scramble, hid in a pile of bunnies as another bunny.

Then I allowed myself to get captured, and quietly bopped one particular Eggman and his descendant on the head to grab the Jeweled Scepter. I thought it would be a cinch from here-I'd fuse it into my Staff of Forbidden Light and use amplified hierarchial sorcery to retrieve the Emeralds using the Power of the Stars.

Lightning was the first to notice something was wrong, when I couldn't find the last Chaos Emerald.

To my horror, Metal Jumper had taken advantage of the shattered time to recruit all its' alternate universe counterparts and joined forces to infest the Time Eater, puppeting it from the inside out like gross fungi.

And Lightning was like "Not again"

I can only describe the subsequent boss fight as like the Great Mighty Poo, if Conker's Bad Fur Day had the entire FF13 series' budget spent on one boss fight. And if Sonic and Eggman occasionally tag-teamed the thing to prevent a greater evil from being unleashed.
>>
>>50724832
>>50724851
I don't know what the Inner World thing or a DBC is.

If it constitutes another dimension it doesn't work. If it's in your dimension it will. You can put it in a magic container or room as long as that container/room is in your current dimension and the horcrux is physically in there.
>>
>>50724995

Er, Tiny issue with that
Sonic Rush Adventure (where the power of the stars is from) is post-Dreamcast, which the jump doesn't cover

Sonic Classic covers the Pre-Dreamcast era of Sonic
Apologies for the confusion
>>
File: Amagi.png (1MB, 1295x838px)
Amagi.png
1MB, 1295x838px
>>50721567
>>
File: JC9.jpg (437KB, 2000x1340px) Image search: [Google]
JC9.jpg
437KB, 2000x1340px
>>50724048
Well, maybe not oneshot. Nobody in the game oneshots anything with a firearm unless that firearm is a cannon. I'd still give you good odds though-I mean, your main advantage is really just being able to bleed on everything to hurt it over time.

I think this is basically your build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIP8JFEEuqA

>>50722288
Thanks, and I meant "me" aspected.

>>50722936
>>50722946
>>50722957
>>50722966
...damn. I'm impressed at how intense that shit got.

Having skimmed the wiki, I'm just beginning to get a feel of how expansive the Sonicverse actually is. Especially when it comes to Eggmen.

You know, if the infinite multiverse theory is true. There might be one timeline out there, where Eggman Prime ran at the last second or just grabbed the Emerald a moment faster or something. Only to be lost in the temporal collapse that restored the regular timeline

Will Eggman Prime return in some other drawback to claim what lies beyond someday?

Also, did you do the thing Tails does where he flies by wiggling his tails really fast like a little helicopter at any point? Or is it just something you do all the time anyway?
>>
I'm finally starting to barely understand some things about Exalted, but I could use clarifications about something. If you take Orphan Cub of the Devil Tiger, is there any reason to take the Charms it mentions yourdelf once you get to Essence 6? Can you even do so?
>>
>>50725115
You still need to properly become a devil tiger yourself if you want the full benefits of being one.
>>
File: JC10.jpg (335KB, 1920x804px) Image search: [Google]
JC10.jpg
335KB, 1920x804px
>>50725053
Whoops, my bad. Guess I'll have to rely on the ol' portal gun again.

I was just trying to figure out which sonic games were in which continuity but they all have "sonic" and "adventure" somewhere in the pages and after a while I got confused.

Actually come to think of it the only Sonic game I've ever played was the Gameboy one I never even finished.

>>50725024
Cats, I think he means the remote you can buy in Worm that opens portals to alternate universes by DBC and the Inner World is like a magical realm in your soul that Infernal Exalted can do when they go through their enlightenment uberspirit apotheosis puberty. It's kinda like a reality marble, but one that can't automatically pop outside of you.
>>
>>50725115
Yes. You get to design one set of Charms for the perk, then design a whole unrelated second set when you buy the Charms for real.
>>
>>50725140

Yeah, any system that came before the dreamcast is at least of some canon. This usually means pre-1998 games
>>
>>50725165
What are the rules for taking souls between jumps using the sky palace or the underworld mansion from Actraiser? Can you do it? Can you dump the souls out in a different jump afterwords?
>>
>>50725055
I wanna Isuzu companion.
>>
>>50721646
For durability the best answer is less a perk and more something you make. Take the item world (disgaea) to any armor you care to use. When you push through to it's limits make use of Lets Give It A Boost (Unholy Heights) by sacrificing 3 replicas using Cheat Mode (Minecraft) or Plum Juggler (Jojo) to continuously increase it's stats to acceptable levels. Then equip it using Fashion (Highschool Of The Dead) to gain the effects throughout your whole body. You are done.
>>
>>50725140
>Cats, I think he means the remote you can buy in Worm that opens portals to alternate universes by DBC and the Inner World is like a magical realm in your soul that Infernal Exalted can do when they go through their enlightenment uberspirit apotheosis puberty. It's kinda like a reality marble, but one that can't automatically pop outside of you.

It doesn't really change my response.
>>
>>50725371
What if you fold space around it so it's still in the same dimensions, but it's in a "pocket" of space that would take equivalent fuckery to reach it?
>>
>>50721646
Someone should really just compile a list of perks by category.
>>
>>50725093
> spoiler
Maybe. Who can say?
The multiverse is infinite, after all.

> Also, did you do the thing Tails does [...]?
Nah. My fluffy tails might be prehensile, but they can't break physics.
Well, they CAN, but I would have to purposefully make them do that. Generally when the tails are out I go for fluid movements more than speed. Unless I'm using them to attack. Then they're basically tentacles.

Anyway, it was a non-factor, as I opted to use my altform from the original Sonic Jump, which is a blue Blaze Recolour. Blue fur, bluer gem, though I let my hair down instead of doing it in that ponytail Blaze does. I actually did go by the name "Agua" that jump.
It goes really well with water-based powers, and I have a couple hoverboost shoes to go along with it. I am unironically deviantart trash.

Anyway, I thought it was thematic to break out my old altform for the time.
It... ended up being a little more thematic than I'd intended.
>>
>>50725441
I mean the Horcrux in the Room of Requirement worked and that required both magic and specific conditions to be reached. It's still very much in the same world as the rest of Harry Potter though.

An entirely separate pocket dimension is not the same dimension though so it depends on what you're talking about here.
>>
>>50725157
>>50725129
Okay, thanks. One more thing I'm not entirely clear on: how physically capable can a Solar or Infernal be without channeling Essence into active Charms? So just ability score and permanent Charms? How much is the base boost of Hero of Hell?
>>
>>50725499
Mardukth will have to answer about Hero of Hell, but generally Exalts don't do permanent upgrades. If they want to do something superhuman, they have to spend Essence. Just by raising their stats as high as possible after a millennium of life, they can life over 2 tons or run or run 30 mph. Adding permanent Charms, a Solar could lift like 5 tons or run 50 mph. For Infernals, Adorjan focuses on pure speed, so she can get you up to over 200 mph. Isidoros probably has similar strength enhancements.

Exalted without using magic are really low tier as far as superhumans go. But there are scene long Charms to enhance you capabilities. Adorjan has one that triples your speed and a Solar who wants to fight really well can pay a bunch of Essence all at once to essentially double his sword wielding skill and dexterity for the entire fight.
>>
>>50725652
Okay, thanks.
>>
Is there any news on the Overwatch jump?
>>
I have a plan need to know if it's legit
1.Get Asgerd class planetoid from scenario reward in The Dahak Chronicles
2. Give it a small chassis altform in Star Wars: The Original Trilogy
3.cheat mode to replicate it Including the altform ,note that cheat mode doesn't include a limit on the size of things you can replicate.
4.stash the duplicate in its altform in the hangar bay of my LoT.
5.When I need To import something import little one.

Also use fabrication array on LoT to install giant Full-color display on one side of full-size Asgerd class planetoid along with copy of the Elite beat agents sound system boosted by song towers so that I can do things like Screening movies for entire Hemispheres or just a live feed from my nano swarm cams of people going about their daily lives to mess with them
>>
>>50725093
> Having skimmed the wiki, I'm just beginning to get a feel of how expansive the Sonicverse actually is. Especially when it comes to Eggmen.
Also, just for the sake of being able to nerd out about Eggman? Yeah, Sonic is pretty expansive.

There are noticeable differences between modern and classic Robotnik alone, not even accounting for change in dress style. Classic Robotnik was actually kindof way more hardcore about the "replace everything with robots and factories", you'd see machines and factories in every game and they were inevitably dystopic hellholes. Newer Sonics tend to downplay that and aim to make him seem more comical, his fortresses have a lot of soft edges and bright colours, although you can still see the dystopia from time to time, like with Eggmanland in Sonic Colors (which REALLY drives down into it hard).
Then you've got alternate continuities or discontinuities, like how Robotnik looked massively different (and horrifying) in Sonic 06, or whatever the fuck he was doing in Sonic Spinball. That shit wasn't normal.
Eggman Nega, King Shahryar, on and on.

Then you've got Archie Sonic, Sonic The Comic, there was a new Sonic Mega Drive comic recently that aimed for a classic style. You've got all the different cartoons, like X, Adventures of, Underground, and Boom.

Archie Sonic even goes above and beyond, stating that there really ARE tons of other Eggmans in alternate continuities, with varying degrees of lethality.

It's pretty nuts.
>>
File: Maria.jpg (229KB, 850x1209px) Image search: [Google]
Maria.jpg
229KB, 850x1209px
>>50725093
To be honest the Chikage is just a sideshow, something I can fall back on if I get into melee or run out of bullets. The main weapon I have is Evelyn. My thoughts goes as this, if I get Good Blood then that puts me near the top of the list of Bloodborne Hunters when it comes to shooting things. Then I get Blood Saint which literally puts my blood at the best of the setting which makes my bullets even more OP. Then adding in Bloodied Combat + Blood Saint which gives me blood that is even beyond the best in the setting empowering my bullets to a ridiculous degree. Then Arcanist's Touch continues to amplify my bullets. And finally the cherry on top is Evelyn which is more powerful depending on how potent the user's blood is, and mine is just beyond ridiculous.

Adding in Chikage is just overkill because it is empowered in the same way as is Evelyn, except for Arcanist's Touch.

All of this combined means that your bullets are practically hitting as hard as tank shells.

Of course non of this matters when one of the bosses in my way is Lady Maria, because she would just dodge all of my bullets, but that is what I got Chikage and the regeneration of Blood Saint to help with.

When you think about it Lady Maria is probably the most dangerous boss in all of Bloodborne to a jumper, because she is both still sane and is even stronger than Gehrman.
>>
>>50720568
Sonic the Hedgehog

Freedom Fighter
Flicky Island
Super Attitude
Super Peel-Out
Super Speed 100
Spin Attack 200
Blast Processing 400
Fastest Thing Alive 700
Smooth Criminal
Eager Digger 1100
The Blessing of the Little Planet 1400
Super Shoes
Bad Future 1000

Build is pretty much the standard "gotta go fast" route. Running on the spot, equally fast reflexes, turning into a ball and bouncing around, the standard Sonic stuff.

Eager Digger lets me dig as fast as I can run and between this and Arrowverse that's pretty fast.

Bad Future is quite a lot to deal with. Have to get a load of time crystals and beat metal Sonic, Tails and Knuckles so it's going to be a whole strange dystopian Sonic game. I reckon I'll be a ferret guy due to the whole digging thing. Doesn't really matter though. All species kind of look the same in Sonic.
>>
>>50725787
Isn't she pitifully easy to kill?
>>
A quick question about exalted.

The last few threads people have talked about primordials having to open their charmset to you for you to learn their charms. Is that only the case if you go devil tiger? Because I think someone also said that as an Infernal, you can generally learn all charms.
>>
>>50726136
In game mechanics yes because you can easily stunlock her. Not so much in an actual jump because it does not follow most game mechanics. I talked earlier about how the Dragon God being a puzzle boss is fairly easy for a Souls game but in the actual jump where it's not constricted by game mechanics it's probably the most dangerous demon in the entire game, even more then False King Allant

Besides, unlike her video game AI she would just teleport away if you tried to stunlock her anyway.
>>
>>50726232
It's the case for all Infernals for all non-reclamation Yozis. The only yozi that you can learn the charms of at the start are the five caste Yozi: Malfeas, Ebon Dragon, Cecelyne, She Who Lives in Her Name, and Adorjan, plus the sixth member who doesn't get her own caste, Kimbery.
>>
>>50726246
Dragon God is probably up there in the running for toughest monster throughout the entire Soulsborne series, really. He's larger than anything else, can fly obviously, has insta-kill fire breath he can small from distance, and his favorite tactic of all, punching the shit out of you. Also an insta-kill.

If you fought him legitimately, especially outside of the mine, he'd be a real bastard.
>>
>>50726232
On a related note, can your Devil Tiger Charms be, for example, a demonic ripoff of some Solar Charms instead of the kinds of things that Infernal Charms tend to be?
>>
>>50726264
Well damn. All the ones I want aren't part of the reclamation. Guess I better stack those charisma perks.
>>
>>50726264
Can't you also get the charms of your favored yozi who can be any yozi you want?
>>
>>50726309
You can probably take inspiration from Solar charms' mechanics, but a devil tiger set is supposed to work like a Yozi's not just be pure human excellence like Solars get.
>>
>>50726317
In the jump? Nope. Still need to get them to open up. In the game? Nope. Your favored Yozi has to be a Reclamation member. It's the only way to buy Kimbery charms without tax.
>>
File: 1417611307263.png (242KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1417611307263.png
242KB, 300x300px
Is the money items you can purchase in jumps replenish periodically or are they mostly one use?
>>
>>50726350
1 use
>>
>>50726364
In that case, what are some good money items that replenish? Or at least money making perks in general?
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 6.png (467KB, 811x1221px)
Kagetora Hyodo 6.png
467KB, 811x1221px
>>50726292
From the time he rag-dolled me during the puzzle boss part and the cinematic opening of the Demon Souls game I think the Dragon God is a huge threat.

>>50726309
With my Inheritance and Time Orphan Devil-Tiger I'm going to be taking a leaf out of the Abyssals book and make some Mirriors but usually that's not a huge thing.

>>50726350
I have no idea if money has the CP guarantee. Though the idea of a Duck Tails Jump comes to mind now that you put that pic up. Who wants to do that?
>>
>>50726409
Rule 1, chief.
>>
>>50726402
"Allowance" from Teen Titans gives you 100k every month.
"Spending Cash" from Panty & Stocking gives you either 10k or 100k a week depending on whether you took the Rich Kid origin or not, though you only get more money if you've spent the previous amount.
If you buy "Cash" from Young Justice alongside "Batman's Real Super Power" you can get 1 Million dollars at the start of every jump.
>>
>>50726409
I wonder if you could do it as one jump with Darkwing Duck, of if it'd make more sense to do two different ones with a crossover drawback.
>>
>>50726510
Oh yeah they were in the same canon weren't they...
>>
>>50726535
Technically so are Goof Troop, Talespin, and Rescue Rangers, at least if that comic they published back in Disney Adventures is canon.
>>
>>50726707
>>50726535
>>50726510
All of them would feel better as their own jumps. Same world or not, they all have vastly different tones and focuses.
>>
>>50726732
This is true.
>>
>>50726402
The Career Model jump offers a Fortune 500 fashion company. Sherlock Holmes jump offers a crime syndicate equivalent with assets on the level of an international corporation. Resident Evil offers a pharmaceutical corporation. There are other jumps offering similar companies.

That's really the best path. You start out with a massive income and you can combine it with a few perks that can game the market like precog as well as business perks like the Rogue line in Worm to basically earn as much money as you want. It also has the benefit of showing up on your tax returns so there's no questions of "Hey, where'd you suddenly get $10 billion in gold bullion anyway?"
>>
So which lore requires you to be more drunk: Exalted or TES?
>>
>>50725764
if you guys are Not going to give me feedback. I'm just Gonna assume it's cool.
>>
>>50726824
TES. By a long shot.
>>
>>50726829
Just assume your plans are bad by default and go from there.
>>
>>50726824
TES lore is made on actual hard drugs and hallucinogens.

Exalted is just a bunch of punks, furries, goths, and hipsters trying to filter Eastern mythology and wuxia through a Western lens to fit into their pre-made system they use for all their games. The only drug that was involved here was weed.
>>
>>50726824
TES. Exalted is easy to simplify, TES...not so much.
>>
>>50726769
Shaman king has something similar, iirc.
>>
>>50726824
Exalted is a rehash of real mythology, from what I can tell.

TES lore is literally fueled by various drugs. It literally gets harder to understand the more you learn about it.
>>
File: Konata_Izumi_by_kmiloFX.png (71KB, 431x271px) Image search: [Google]
Konata_Izumi_by_kmiloFX.png
71KB, 431x271px
>>50726824
Exalted.

I mean. Maybe it's partly because I've played Skyrim extensively and acclimated, but.
I also think a lot of it comes from the fact that, on the surface, Elder Scrolls looks like a typical fantasy setting with dick gods. If you just glance at the surface, you've just got a couple different types of humans, seven different elves, and some cats and lizard people, and everything else is pretty normal fantasy bullshit.

Exalted is, like, crazy anime nonsense with conceptual god powers and demons and shapeshifters? With like ties to celestial beuracracy and maybe hindu mythology?
And every single time someone tries to explain it to me, my left eye just starts rolling back into my head and I wake up in a puddle of my own vomit.

I mean, I'm sure they're roughly comparable on a DEEPEST LORE level, but I found Elder Scrolls to be way more accessible in just a casual level of play.
I am a total casual, and as a total casual, I found Elder Scrolls easier to understand.
> "I am a cat person. We live in the jungle. Got it. Cool. I'm gonna go kill that bandit."
>>
>>50726924
Give KINMUNE a read through.

In fact, everyone stop what you're doing and go read KINMUNE.
>>
>>50726824
TES by several orders of magnitude.

TES lore is basically an amalgamation of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Gnoticism alongside numerous aspects from various other religions. Unlike Exalted, TES lore goes balls deep into the philosophical and metaphysical implications of all of these religious principles.
>>
>>50726924
Here, let me summarize Exalted for you, with a classic quote:

Exalted is a game where one of your main antagonists is Death, Creator of the Underworld. Except there's several of him, probably six or seven. Oh, and he's got 13 dread henchmen, one of whom was probably you at some point in time. Also, Hell has a personal grudge against you this time.

Magical Rome/Persia/China regularly trains and sends ninja-monks out for you personally. Ninjas specially trained in asskicking. And if that doesn't work, they keep giant color-coded gundams and suits of power armor as backups.

The Transformers have united under Unicron (who has robo-AIDS), and are invading because they have a shortage of souls.

The Jedi Council has corrupted Heaven and usurped your rightful place as the Masters of Everything - but nobody can remember them. The only reason they haven't hunted you down is that they're too busy trying to keep reality from imploding.

Your ex-wife dropped by; she's a two thousand year old shapechanging man-eating monster, interested in maybe going on a date next Thursday for dinner, followed by breeding a new race capable of rewriting the biosphere.

Your best friend from growing up -and your last life- now seeks to cover all the lands of Middle Earth in darkness, if he can just find this damn ring.

Your god has the world's biggest crack habit, and needs some serious rehab.

And yet, in theory, you think you can fix everything!

Welcome to Creation, kid! Hope you've got enough Essence!

Have Fun.
>>
>>50726939
KINMUNE? What's tha-

>Supercomputer
Well then.

Although, looks to be very non-canon?
>>
>>50720568
There are mentions of Chaos Control in this jump but isn't that something introduced in Sonic Adventure 2? This jump references Adventure 1 as a cut off point.
>>
>>50726981
Nope. It's 100% canon. It's even referenced in the Skyrim game.

It just takes place in the 7th era, far in the future. Current games are near the start of the 4th.
>>
File: konata-cry.gif (183KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
konata-cry.gif
183KB, 480x270px
>>50726967
> No, Konata, you're silly. Exalted is way easier to understand. All you have to know how to play is [VOMITOUS TORRENT OF WORDS].

I JUST WANNA KILL BANDITS

I just...
wanna kill...
bandits...
>>
>>50726824
TES lore is oblique and requires you to read tons of stuff off of forums and websites that aren't parts of the game and it deals with a high minded inversion of Hinduism.

Exalted has dozens of different kinds of mystical ineffable beings, each with their own backstories, but at the end of the day they just boil down to different power source to explain why you're really good at kung fu.
>>
>>50726997
Look, your cat is a transmogrified, formless elf bound to the cycles of the moons by one of the gods who didn't create the world. They can use drugs to dance on moon beams. They have cities on the moon where they watch time break and also where they'll evacuate people when the world blows up. Also the people behind the lore have written an in-depth guide to what each form's penis looks like.
>>
>>50726997
...I mean, if you think that's a vomitous torrent of words, then I fail to see how you could understand anything about TES' lore. Which was what the original question was.
>>
File: 1479630315753.jpg (185KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
1479630315753.jpg
185KB, 1131x707px
>>50726924
The entire universe is actually the dream of an omnipotent demiurge called the Godhead, the Dwemer disappeared due to trying to escape from reality by building a gigantic anti-reality god-robot because they believed that reality was nothing but an illusion (which it is), the moon is actually the cleft halves of a dead god, the sun and stars are holes poked in reality as gods fled from Mundus, and there are trees in space with weaponized mathematical principles while cats on the moon observe dragon breaks (basically the concept of time shitting itself and saying "You know what? The answer is yes.") in the timeline, and the people in the know are on a spiritual quest to escape from reality and become Gods of their own dreaming self-realities.

Welcome to TES lore.
>>
>>50725499
One of the things that _can_ go permanent is their soak charms... One of which gives you permanent soak increases, and past a certain essence level, hardness, though small values, you can re-buy the charm up to your resistance...

At the high point, with just that charm, you'd have them ignoring flamethrowers, gunfire, mortal anything...anything without some fairly massive damage. Which is fair, because at that point, your enemies are using exotic shaping, social, sorcery, and similar effects, or truly massive damage against you, or dead.

(Invincible Essence Reinforcement: first purchase makes soak Stamina+3. Each one after that adds 3. At Essence 4, you have hardness equal to purchases of the charm, so you could get, say, Stamina+30 soak, and Hardness 10 without removing caps, for a high essence Solar)
>>
>>50726924
You know those cat people are actually elves who are born anywhere from looking basically anywhere from a giant sabertooth to practically human depending on the phase of the moon. Some of them also live on a moon and like to watch what happens when time cracks apart.

Drugs also give them superpowers.

Nothing is ever "just" in TES.
>>
Would you get attention from luna if you import EVO Gaia as your lunar mate in infernals?
>>
File: 9a5fe8f82e848fbff905488383490bbb.jpg (296KB, 827x1169px) Image search: [Google]
9a5fe8f82e848fbff905488383490bbb.jpg
296KB, 827x1169px
>>50726824
My answer to that is always the same and I shall explain my position most thoroughly...

Oh look! A dark cave possibly filled with treasure, monsters, and probably a dragon word etched into the wall at the end! I'm going to do that instead!

>>50726997
Brethren.
>>
>>50727109
1. Why do you want that whore's attention?

2. Keep pure waifu Gaia away from that slut Luna.
>>
File: 1408382480926.jpg (32KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1408382480926.jpg
32KB, 500x333px
>>50727109
Wait a minute. That's right. Luna in Exalted is an actual Incarnae. And we have two Exalted jumps now.

I KNOW MY DESTINY.
>>
Octooooodadddddd, nobody suspects a thing!~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h27rq_RwQMk

Is there enough material for a jump, or doomed to failure?
>>
>>50727120
You actually should kill her. Huge slut, vicious bitch, pretty much a half-Raksha.
>>
>>50727125
Isn't it just about an octopus trying to walk?
>>
>>50727120
I don't follow?
>>
>>50726997
Everything has a spirit/kami, and lots of them are dicks. Heaven is ruled by the Sun, Moon, and 5 Sisters of Fate. Hell is the prison of the original makers, and the Underworld exists. Outside the world are a bunch of story-people who eat minds.

Bandits are fairly common, and The Guild is the largest commercial group, that is heavily invested in slavery. Exalted are people with various types of super-power engines grafted to their soul, aspected toward a source (Gaia, Sun, Moon, etc).

There you go.
>>
>>50726312
There's a perk in Princess Bride that makes it so that anyone you ask to teach you something will do it. So take that, and getting the other Yozi to open their charm sets will be trivial.
>>
>>50727143
And raise kids, I think. I own it, but I've never played it.
>>
>>50727070
But note that soak only reduces incoming damage dice, and it takes 10 damage dice to kill a random peasant with a single blow. Even the best Solar can only shrug off four times that without spending Essence.
>>
>>50727125
Maybe a small jump?

>>50727109
Probably not. I mean she might look up from the Games of Divinity long enough to go "Huh, weird" but I doubt she'd care all that much that a being that happens to share a name with the Primordial Gaia has become a Lunar exalt.
>>
File: d75fkv0.png (26KB, 300x388px) Image search: [Google]
d75fkv0.png
26KB, 300x388px
>>50727031
>>50727037
I kindof ignore all that stuff and just kill bandits.

>>50727034
I dunno? The original question asked about lore, but I sortof took that to ask "which is more accessible to you?"

I'm not gonna deny that TES has weird and crazy bullshit. It gets pretty stupid. Quite franky, I don't really waste a lot of time with it.
I'm still at the stage where I think the different moon phases for cats is pretty crazy.

But, as I said, if all I'm doing is just picking up the game and trying to play, Elder Scrolls are prettymuch just, "Here's a sword. Magic and gods exist. Go kill monsters!"

Every time someone tries to explain Exalted to me they seem to go out of their way to include lots of conceptual and political bullshit and it's harder to wrap my head around than Fate.
Whose plot I prefer to boil down to "Seven people are fighting for a wish. Go kill them with historical figures!"
There's, like, more, but frankly it's dumb and involves vampires and the spirit of earth being a bitch or something and I find it annoying to sift through.

I don't know if you want to blame that on the people who have attempted to explain it to me in the past, or my unwillingness to delve into the deepest lore so I can enjoy it on the same level as you, but...

>>50727155
Oh!

Actually, that's great! Thankyou, anon! That makes more sense now!
>>
>>50727174
> it takes 10 damage dice to kill a random peasant with a single blow.

It takes 3. random peasants aren't heroic mortals. And leaving aside that dice are meant to represent geometric levels of achievement, or that accuracy folds over into damage, you can get that much with average strength.
>>
>>50727197
Fine. You're a reincarnated god queen. Go kill demons and cthulhu fairies and ninjas and be god queen again. That make sense?
>>
>>50725499
>>50725652
>So just ability score and permanent Charms?
Peak human, at Essence 5. Think Captain America, except also a supermodel and ridiculously charismatic/manipulative, and with peakhuman genius and senses.

Theoretically. You still need to train those.

And then they can train their attributes up one "dot" for every Essence rating above 5 they reach, to go to superhuman levels.

>but generally Exalts don't do permanent upgrades. If they want to do something superhuman, they have to spend Essence.
Generally true, but Infernals have a /whole/ bunch more Permanent Charms than other Exalts.

Malfeas' Scar-Writ Saga shield can let you ignore anything short of a rocket launcher to the face on its own, at essence 5. Nevermind if you also have armor, or get beyond human toughness/higher essence.

Hardened Devil Body gives you 4 "health levels" for every purchase. Exalts have 7 at base, a T-Rex has 14. You can have 47.

Adorjan's Wind-Born Stride (when at Essence 10, and all the repurchases) gives you a casual running speed of over 250mph without other effects.

Her charms also let you keep running and actually get more rested instead of tired. And run on water, walls, ceilings,

Ego-Infused Pattern Primacy and upgrades, can let you regen from Shaping (anything that alters your body, like getting turned into a frog), Disease, Poison, and Crippling (just regrow that arm that got lopped off) in a minute. Damage too, one health level at the time. So normal human health goes from near-dead bloody pulp on the floor to fully healed in 7 minutes.

The Ebon Dragon's disguise charms get cheaper with higher Essence, so at essence 10, it's technically an effect you don't have to pay motes for?

And at Essence 7, you can grab Yozi Eternal Essence, which means you can only be killed by effects that permanently kill spirits. Which probably amounts to soul-destroying magic in other worlds.

>>50726824
I'd say TES, but I may be biased.
>>
>>50727212
Each damage dice gives an average of .4 health levels of damage, and it takes 4 damage levels to kill an extra. 3 is only enough to knock them out.
>>
File: Konata_Pen_Tool_by_Freipz.png (41KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
Konata_Pen_Tool_by_Freipz.png
41KB, 275x200px
>>50727234
Makes sense to me. Thanks, anon.

I'm sorry for being a filthy casual.
>>
>>50725499
>>50725652
>How much is the base boost of Hero of Hell?
The base boost given by Hero of Hell would be "3 dots" in all your physical stats, though not skills. It'd bring an average person without any traing/fitness to just about beyond peak human. Think Captain America.

It also raises your max by three along with that, since that's your natural state. So you could get your physical stats to, and out-armwrestle an Elder. Think being to Captain America what Captain America is to a random guy on the street.

And then the upgrading is just upgrading everything about you with every victory you gain, to become more and more powerful. Though it does slow down eventually, and resets if you lose at any point.

>>50726309
Generally, no.

Solar charms are about being really, really good at a specific skill. Infernal charms are about being a weird god-monster.

You might get some of the same effect, but not done the same way.

>>50727242
And there I forgot my name again.
>>
>>50727147

He's known for killing moons

and this one's pretty feisty
>>
>>50726984

from the capstone boost that is explicitly meant to take concepts from the future?
>>
>>50727278
So he's trying to go from moon slayer to moons layer?

Seems legit
>>
>>50727291
Question about Actraiser here >>50725182
>>
>>50727242
>And at Essence 7, you can grab Yozi Eternal Essence, which means you can only be killed by effects that permanently kill spirits. Which probably amounts to soul-destroying magic in other worlds.

Well that is damn neat. Add in a soul invulnerabilility perk, and the only thing able to harm me is bullshit I wouldn't want to be fighting anyway.

I mean, my infernal jump is a few hundred jumps away due to the shitload of drawbacks i'll be taking, but it's something to look forward to.
>>
File: 1444129450594.jpg (155KB, 640x720px)
1444129450594.jpg
155KB, 640x720px
>>50727327
What? No! Dear god, no! The Celestial Incarnae are equal parts damaged and screwed up to me. I may be a Solarfag, but even I think the gods are messed up - their crack habit with the Games of Divinity and the whole Solar bond thing anger me on a very personal level. I'm also of the mindset the Great Curse sped up the problems in the First Age leading to the Ursurpation, instead of being its sole cause.

Honestly, I'd break into the Jade Pleasure Dome and personally set the Games on fire while singing Don't Stop Me Now over a microphone. Sure, I probably wouldn't survive the process, but damn it, it'd be worth a try by itself.
>>
>>50727197
From the perspective of the man on the ground, Creation isn't that much weirder than Tamriel is:

>There are lots of spirits of various kinds, some are nicer than others. They usually won't both you if you show respect, though.

>Demons live outside the world, they're bad things that only sorcerers should deal with.

>Raksha are another thing that live outside the world, no one should deal with them at all. But they're good at hiding, so you never know.

>Dragonblooded are hereditary superhumans. They say they're the chosen people of the dragon gods. Maybe they're right.

>Anathema are something else, they're not hereditary. The Dragonblooded's religion says they're possessed by demons, but how can you be sure?

>Towards the edge of the map, the world gets weird. Sometimes, if something bad happens, it will get weird in the world proper.

>If you don't perform the funerary rites, ghosts will haunt you. If enough people die at once, the place where they died becomes a portal to the Underworld.

>Sometimes a place will just be magic, all on its own. Spirits and the Dragonblooded like those places, they build their palaces there.

And that's it, that's all the average person in Creation needs to know about the metaphysics. Is it a bit more complex than the stuff with aedra and daedra and all that? Sure. But not too much, from a functional perspective.
>>
>>50727363
>Add in a soul invulnerabilility perk, and the only thing able to harm me is bullshit I wouldn't want to be fighting anyway.
It's god/demon/spirit killing magic you have to watch out for, not soul destroying magic, unless it can kill demon souls too.
>>
>>50727291
Never mind I read that wrong, it says you can't use chaos control. Still the reference it a bit odd.
>>
>>50727370
You know, it's canon in 2e that there's a mountain in the far North that's a direct portal to the Jade Pleasure Dome. Anything that jumps off its peak lands right in there. I suggest making automatons loaded with bombs and having them jump off of it.
>>
>>50727166
...Huh, I guess so.

Which Yozi would have the best Charms?
>>
>>50727382
The jump-maker literally just said that it's probably soul destroying magic. Though I could see it be either/both, since an attack on a soul is fairly similar to an attack on a spirit.
>>
>>50727430
Well, I'm fond of Metagaos, has a lot of cool themes. Oramus and Qaf are also pretty cool.
>>
>>50727245
At which point they bleed out and die. 1 damage they can probably recover from if they put pressure on the wound and limp to help, 2 requires medical aid to keep them alive, 3 will kill them in moments. Doing 4 damage at once would be equivalent to exploding their head, instead of gutting them (an example given for 2 and 3 wound injuries)

3 damage dice are perfectly capable of killing them in one blow. Roughly 1/8 of the time it'd actually happen, instead of them getting lucky and merely being left half-dead. 1/5 of the time, they'd get really lucky and take no damage.
>>
>>50727363
It's pretty cool.

This anon is kinda right though >>50727382, it's not your soul being destroyed that kills you. Just using magic that can perma-kill Spirits allows you to be slain.

Which seemed similar to soul-destroying magic going by how Ghost-Eating Technique works.

But the Charm also guarantees that if you do get killed, you'll leave a ghost (or a Neverborn if you were an actual primordial.
), so dying can't actually require your soul being destroyed...
...I always wonder if Devil Tigers would leave something like a Neverborn-Tiger with that.
>>
>>50727430
Depends on what you're looking for.
>>
>>50727370
>whole Solar bond thing anger me on a very personal level.

?

>>50727464
>Neverborn if you were an actual primordial.
If you use resurrection magic from out of jump you think that would restore them to primordial will all their bits correctly in place?
>>
>>50727464
Hmm. Say, would I be able to become a Devil Tiger that /wasn't/ a spirit, through his nature or designed charms? Although, I'm pretty sure that's some fundamental nature of exalted.
>>
>>50727539
Turning into a spirit would force your Exaltation to leave you.

Infernals get to have the benefits of becoming a spirit, like immunity to mundane death, without the drawbacks of actually being one.
>>
>>50727266
If you have Orphan Cub and then go Devil Tiger on your own, do you have two custom charm trees?
>>
>>50727373
Oh, that's actually pretty cool.

Looking at this, I kinda feel like it's been a problem with the people explaining it to me. Like, I'll go, "What do I need to know here?" And they'll start frontloading a ton of information, and I'm just like, "Jesus, dude, I didn't want all this."

I think a little startup information at the beginning is better than just infodumping everything up front, personally. Kindof gives you an entry point? You can sortof find out the rest as you go along, through like research and questions.
Especially since Exalted isn't like a super obscure system?

Like, I jokingly say that Elder Scrolls is about killing bandits, but I do have a vague idea of how the cosmology works. But I didn't learn it from people just giving me all that information at the startup.
When I started, it really was just, "You're a cat. Go kill monsters.", and I picked the rest up over a long period of time.

Anyway, thanks, anon. Thanks you you and >>50727155, I kindof feel like I have an entry point now. I might actually go look up more Exalted stuff on my own. Maybe sometime in the future I'll even make a build for one of our two jumps.

So, really, thanks, I do truly appreciate your taking the time to explain the basics to me.
>>
>>50727581
Yes.
>>
>>50727577
Oh wow, here I thought you automatically were some kind of spirit when you became a devil tiger. Sorry, guess I was misinformed there.
>>
File: lovefreak.jpg (40KB, 500x350px)
lovefreak.jpg
40KB, 500x350px
>>50721174
Because your jumps show you care and love jumpmaking! Never give up on love Worm!
>>
>>50727511
>If you use resurrection magic from out of jump you think that would restore them to primordial will all their bits correctly in place?
Probably not.

If it even works, which I'd doubt, you'd get a new Primordial at best. Since all their souls died.

You could maybe get them back fully, if you go and ressurect all their dead sub-souls in the same instant with hundreds of ressurection spells.

But then they'd likely still be driven insane by the existence of ENDLESS AGONY and suicidal desires they have endured for five millenia.

>>50727539
...You're not a spirit as an Infernal or a Devil Tiger though?

There's charms that let you act like you are, but you don't actually become one.

>>50727581
Yes. That's the main draw to get the perk.
>>
>>50727645
Well that's an interesting question, actually. How much would someone you resurrected remember of their time as an undead creature? Would they remember any of it, and if so, would it be as their experiences, or more like viewing something that happened to the undead version?
>>
>>50727464
Yo, I've been trying to learn enough to make a build. Mind answering a couple of things I'm not sure about?

For Devil Tiger themes, how broad/how many can you have? My jumper has themes of Determination, fire, and enjoyment of combat. Would those all work for themes, would I have to just choose one, or would none of them work?

And what's the size limit on a Shintai?
>>
Does anyone remember a ff7 fic where cloud constantly fucks this up in an attempt to get fired, only to get promoted for being proactive or something?
>>
>>50727711
>what's the size limit on a Shintai
There is none, really. One makes you an infinite desert like Cecelyne, if I remember right.
>>
>>50727742
Fucks things up. Fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>50727751
That one only makes you a mile wide.
>>
>>50716389
>So, thanks to this >>50716287 guy I have the best idea. Previous Devil-Tiger will be Hopes, Dreams, Inheritance, and Time. All things are kinda ephemeral with him... just a thought.
>Would this work out in any sort of way?
Probably? Seems pretty barebones for now though.

How would those themes interconnect?

>>50718871
>How does making Infernal artifacts work?
You gather appropriate stuff, you dunk them into a vat of Vitriol, and then spend the time you'd usually be forging stuff on searing the stuff free of weakness and guiding the process of melding them together properly into one artifact (for which you also need knowledge of the right mundane artifice knowledge, to get something usable. Blacksmithing for swords and so).

And then you bind the still-living essence of a liquified demon to it, to empower it to artifact status.

It's a very Occult sort of artifice, and so you need occult knowledge about essence and magic and stuff just as much

>>50727711
>For Devil Tiger themes, how broad/how many can you have?
Pretty broad. You can have all of those, easily.

For example, the themes of The Black Boar That Twists The Sky:

Isidoros: size, momentum, strength, force, violence, bloodshed, destruction, wreckage, victory, pride, defiance, opposition, insurrection, impertinence, forthrightness, independence, heroism, largesse, bounty, vitality, flesh and blood, terrestrial behemoths, boars, hooves, hoof-prints, islands, icebergs, goremauls, gongs, the khomfai, black iron, bronze, star ruby, smoldering lead

>And what's the size limit on a Shintai?
Biggest one at Essence 5, is 1-mile wide. That's the one that turns into a literal desert of silver sands.

And I'm probably going to make an exception to allow Tenebrous Apotheosis Shintai-like Shintai, so that'd get you to 50 miles long at Essence 8? You'd almost fully be your Devil Tiger's Primordial though, Greater Imperfection and all.
>>
>>50727711
>For Devil Tiger themes, how broad/how many can you have? My jumper has themes of Determination, fire, and enjoyment of combat. Would those all work for themes, would I have to just choose one, or would none of them work?
Yeah, those would all work. I've posted this a lot, but check out the themes of the existing Yozi. They can be pretty broad: http://rathess.xi.co.nz/exalted/index.php/Ink_Monkeys,_vol._46:_The_Geomancy_of_Hell#Infernal_Manses

>And what's the size limit on a Shintai?
The canon examples we have top out around a few miles across.
>>
>>50727785
Really? I remember something about it being infinite. Or was it indefinite, referring to how long the form lasts? That might have been it.
>>
>>50727831
>Tenebrous Apotheosis
What's that?
>>
>>50727589
It's true.

One of the reasons TES lore is fun and interesting is because you don't need any of it. But as you become more and more familiar with it you start realizing that the small things and events that you overlooked are often much deeper than you thought possible and all of the weird little quirks and inconsistencies start making sense.

Like in Morrowind when you realize that you never actually were the reincarnation of Nerevar. Azura's been leading you into mantling him, essentially reenacting his life and actions so thoroughly that reality goes "Okay, you've got the job!", but Azura strings you along with hooks like "reincarnation" and "destiny" which your characters bites into without any thought.

And when the same thing happens in Oblivion with the Champion of Cyrodiil, which is why Sheogorath shows up in Skyrim despite the Greymarch being broken and Jyggalag's return in Oblivion. Sheogorath in that game is literally the Champion of Cyrodiil who has mantled Sheogorath to such an extent that he has become him.
>>
>>50727751
>>50727831
>>50727844
Thanks guys.
>>
>>50727861
It's one of the Ebon Dragon's charms. It's the charm that makes him a giant dragon made of shadows.
>>
>>50727864
Honestly, the Nerevarine got a better deal. He gets to be an immortal, maybe acquires CHIM (Vivec pretty much tried to tutor him in the entire process and metaphysics, it's up to you if you ever 'got it'), and went over to Asia to fuck snake bitches.

Meanwhile the Champion gets to be insane.
>>
>>50727831
What was the ruling on what level of Charms you can learn and the Essence Cap pre-Spark?
>>
>>50727897
>Meanwhile the Champion gets to be insane.
And a god, don't forget the god part.
>>
>>50727897
Is he really insane though? Consider what he spends most of his time doing in Skyrim: Helping an insane spirit get better.
>>
File: pleasingtotheebondragon.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
pleasingtotheebondragon.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>50727861
It's the Shintai Charm that makes you into the Ebon Dragon, basically.

It gives you his Greater Imperfection (his glaring weakspot).

In return, you basically get his base combat stats. And can take any form within 1-100 yards you like, as long as it's made of tangible darkness.

The upgrade allow you to be a 50-mile long dragon of darkness instead.

>>50727908
No custom Charms at Essence 6+. Everything else is fine.

Probably making that exception to let you make Tenebrous Apotheosis-like Shintai for yourself, since you don't get that much from it you wouldn't have otherwise.

Aside from HUEG.
>>
>>50727897
>Implying Sheogorath isn't a best
>>
>>50727953
He's functionally crazy and has his pocket realm where his insanity is law. So it's not like it's that bad if you don't mind being insane.

His problem with the king is that the king is non-functional and miserable. He wants him to be a happy guy, so he wants you to help him move on.
>>
What is the reason behind the essence cap on custom charms anyway?
>>
>>50728019
I'm not sure. It doesn't really affect anything. Infernal charms are all low-Essence anyway, they just have upgrades as your Essence rises. It's kind of an inconsequential thing to include.
>>
>>50727968
You know, I heard of something like that, is that one of the charms the Yozis designed so that Infernals who grew too powerful would become the Yozi themselves?
>>
>>50728046
No, that's Yozi Cosmic Principle.
>>
>>50727968
>No custom Charms at Essence 6+. Everything else is fine.

How does that work with Orphan Cub of the Devil Tiger? Since your basically making your own charm set based on a primordial that doesn't exist yet does that mean the line just kinda ends at essence 6, or am I misunderstanding the situation?
>>
>>50720790
>two tongues
Huh. I hadn't thought of that. I'll definitely be adding that to the Waifu Upgrade Package.
>>
>>50727864
>Azura strings you along with hooks like "reincarnation" and "destiny" which your characters bites into without any thought.

Your character doesn't necessarily believe any of it. Nor do a lot of other people, otherwise you wouldn't have to pull so many political favours to get everyone to go along with it.

When you get to Dagoth Ur and he asks if you're Nerevar you can pretty much tell him yes, no or I don't know.
>>
>>50728102
Oh, okay.
>>
>>50723027
She's an entity that can create realities based on certain fictional ones--she can't really create worlds on her own. They're more like a template for her. She just changes individual values and parameters.
>>
So what other Exalted jumps are in works?
>>
File: 126075124944.png (6KB, 207x203px) Image search: [Google]
126075124944.png
6KB, 207x203px
>>50728019
There's no indication of what charms beyond essence 5 would look like, beyond 4 examples of which 3 are minor upgrades and 1 is just "you da ebon dragon now".

Also, >>50728045

It's mainly there to prevent people from going wanking Essence 10 to hell and back, despite it not working like that for Yozi/Primordials. Though. It possibly does work like that for Heretical charms.

>>50728046

NO.

There are /NO/ Charms that force Infernals to become the Yozi. There's a bunch of Charms that Infernals can CHOOSE to take, that turn them into Yozi-Clones.

This is entirely optional and the Infernals choice.

The Yozi DO NOT WANT you to become their equals. They are confident you'll die before reaching Essence 6, like the idiots they often are.

...Apologies. This misunderstanding seems to be pretty hard to get rid of, so I am a little frustrated at that?

But no. This is just a Shintai, which you can activate and deactivate at will, as long as you have the essence to pay for it.

>>50728107
Most primordials have charms in the 1-to-5 range, your Devil Tiger would be no exception.

I repeat, there's only 4 normal Charms at Essence 6+. For one Yozi.
>>
>>50728107
It works just fine. Infernals have a different charm progression structure than other Exalted. The majority of Infernal charms are Essence 2 or 3, and just upgrade as you go up in Essence. Either it will be an automatic upgrade, with text like "At Essence 4+" or "At Essence 7+" or whatever, or it will be an upgrade you have to invest in ("A second purchase as Essence 4+"), which since it's a second purchase of the lower-Essence charm still counts as the lower-Essence charm. The only Infernal charms to get as high as Essence 6 are the Devil-Tiger charms themselves, as well as the charms that turn you into a full Yozi and remove your Exaltation so no one would want them.
>>
>>50728183
I'm doing Lunars and Fair Folk next.

Wukong's going to eventually do Solars, when his other stuff's done.

There was an AbyssalsAnon, who disappeared.

If there are any others, I would like to know too?
>>
>>50728186
How do Infernals learn Charms? Will you still be able to post-jump?
>>
>>50728206
InNomine is doing Sidereals.
>>
>>50728186
Wait, really? From what I heard, the charm (Yozi Cosmic Principle, apparently) made you an extension of the Yozi, so in the off-chance you DID reach that level of power, you'd just become a clone of the Yozi. Okay then, guess not.
>>
>>50723701
The capstone booster says that it adds functionality to the capstones, not that it completely changes them. That should answer a couple of your questions. As for the time? Who knows.
>>
>>50728183
>>50728206
I'm doing Sidereals. Hoping to have it done for the weekend.

Cryptic Musing Elocution[100 CP, free Chosen of Secrets]- In your journeys, you may have come across one of those wise old men who will obliquely reference their secret knowledge but refuse to elaborate for you. This annoyance will never bedevil you again, as you will always perfectly understand what someone is referring to when they make a cryptic statement. Conversely, you know how to perfectly make this exact same kind of statement, spouting enigmatic remarks that no one will understand until just after the knowledge would have been useful.
>>
>>50728226
You do become a clone of the Yozi, but they don't want it. It's not a designed feature of the Infernal Exaltation, it's an accident resulting from the Yozi giving you access to their charms. They didn't realize your access went that far. Having a second copy of Malfeas or The Ebon Dragon or whoever is terrible for their plans, they don't want you to take that charm. And honestly, you don't want to take the charm, either. It's a bug, not a feature.
>>
>>50728186
Every other Infernal/Yozi is also capped right?

And I don't understand your fear of 'wanking', since there are examples of higher essence charms of other splats, and enough spirits with e10 that it's safe to say it doesn't give you Omnipotence.
>>
>>50728186
>There's no indication of what charms beyond essence 5 would look like, beyond 4 examples of which 3 are minor upgrades and 1 is just "you da ebon dragon now".
But that is completely meta and provides restrictions that don't make sense, there aren't that many charms like that because the games usually end at around essence 5 or 6. The restriction seems to entirely that "since we don't know and you might wank irresponsibly this is banned" which makes no sense since that is the case for the upper levels of magic in most settings anyway.
>>
>>50728281
>>50728293
And again, it's completely inconsequential, since Infernal charms don't work that way in the first place. It doesn't limit the power you have access to at all. I'm not sure why he put that in.
>>
>>50728270
So basically you're telling me that Yozi Cosmic Principle is the ultimate "Not as Planned" moment in Exalted? That's hilarious, I almost want to see their reaction to it happening. Especially Malfeas.

>WAIT, WHY IS THERE ANOTHER ME. WHY IS THERE ANOTHER ME?! HOW THE FUCK-TEEEEEEEEEED!
>NOT AS PLANNED, NOT AS PLANNED!
>>
>>50728186
>>50728201
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks guys.
>>
>>50728293
>>50728315

Agreed, if you wanted to wank, there's nothing stopping someone from making a custom 5 essence charm which automatically upgrades at essence 10 or above. Honestly if someone is determined to wank you can't stop them by placing these sort of limits since they will always find ways around them. Just trust that most people will be reasonable in their creations.
>>
>>50728186
>>50728315
In this case it doesn't really matter, I'm just concerned that this seems to be a thing all Exalted jumps. If this holds true then Infernals will be the most powerful form of Exalted for jumpers by far because of their charms work like this while in a Solars jump for example your power would be arbitrarily capped with these same restrictions when Infernals don't really need to worry about it.

For examle Constructive Convergence of Principals does things at higher essence that Solars would need a new charm for, since no such charm exists for them they would be shit out of luck if a Solars jump had this same restriction.
>>
File: HegratheTyphoonofCuddles.gif (73KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
HegratheTyphoonofCuddles.gif
73KB, 800x733px
>>50728215
You train. Something-something essence patterns.

Being able to learn them is inherent, having a teacher just speeds it up. So yes, you can learn them out-of-jump.

>>50728222
Really? Awesome.

Never really got into fate-ninja stuff, but they've got fun tricks.

I shall look forward to Avoiding The Truth Technique.

>>50728226
Yes, the Charm does make you a clone of that particular Yozi.

But it's still YOUR choice to take the Charm. They don't want it. You probably don't want it. Don't choose to learn it.

>>50728268
>Hoping to have it done for the weekend.
HYPE!

>spoiler
Huh. Interesting.

>>50728281
Yeah.

Spirits are quite a ways below in Exalts in power though.

>>50728293
>>50728315
>>50728373
It's mostly there to stop "I made some Essence 10 Heretical Chams to be omnipotent" and similar arguments, but doesn't really affect anything important.

Also sorta because that was the compromise to allow Essence above 5 in the first place?
>>
>>50728373
Yeah, I mean, I'm not complaining about this limit being here. It's not like Mardukth has done some horrible unforgivable nerfing or whatever. I just do not understand why he felt the need to include it, when it doesn't actually do anything. Just put a description in the notes of how Infernal charm progression works, that accomplishes the same thing with less confusion from people who think they're being nerfed. It would cut down on complaints in the long run.

>>50728422
That's fair enough. I agree on that point. If all Exalted were limited to Essence 5, but Infernals still had their high-Essence upgrades, they'd be the best. But I'm not sure if that's going to be the case. The Dragonblooded jump doesn't limit you to E5.
>>
>>50728475
Then get over it and stop whining while pretending you're not.
>>
>>50728449
>It's mostly there to stop "I made some Essence 10 Heretical Chams to be omnipotent" and similar arguments, but doesn't really affect anything important.
Yeah, I guess, but someone could still say "I made an Essence 5 Heretical charm that upgrades at Essence 10 to make me omnipotent".
>>
>>50728449
>You probably don't want it
I'm guessing it gives you their limitations, making you incapable of understanding our taking action outside of their purview? Or is there some other reason? Are you trapped in the same way they are if you take it?
>>
>>50728487
How is giving constructive criticism "whining"? Is this what we've come to?
>>
>>50728449
hey Mardukth I really need help designing my Devil-Tiger's imperfection and the exalted thread has been not much help. Any ideas Or clearer benchmarks?
>>
>>50728497
understanding or*
>>
>>50728497
You're not trapped, no. But you do have their limitations. You also lose access to your Exaltation, it flies off to go bond to some other guy, so you can't use that to exceed their limitations.
>>
>>50728475
>The Dragonblooded jump doesn't limit you to E5.
Dragonblooded a shit.
>>
>>50728509
>constructive criticism
Except it's not. Because high level infernal charms do exist. Thus your 'solution' is just a backdoor on your part.
>>
How hard is it to free one of the Yozi?
>>
>>50728529
*Not the jump, the exalts in comparison to the other types.
>>
>>50728516
I have an idea. You really believe in freedom, right? Focus your Devil Tiger's imperfection on being unable to control that ability once it's been used. So if it's an attack, you can't make it stop or not do damage if your opponent redirects it against an ally/yourself/anyone you want to not be attacked.
>>
>>50728542
Very hard usually, but certain out of context perks can make it trivial. Problem is you must then live in a Creation where there is a Yozi running around.
>>
>>50728542
It won't be easy. A good place to start would probably be with "Stars & Stones" from Dresden files to help one of then slip the surrender oaths.
>>
>>50728422
Solars and Lunars have a decent number of charms at essence 7-8 and don't have the same progression as Infernals, so they'll probably be capped higher if they're capped at all. Abyssals are just edgy Solars, so they'll be capped similarly.
>>
>>50728516
>Devil-Tiger's imperfection
What's that?
>>
>>50728530
But the only high-Essence Infernal charms are the ones that make you a Devil Tiger or that make you into a full Yozi. Every other example is low-Essence and just upgrades at high-Essence. Thus, the limitation really isn't. If someone wants to powerwank, they can do that just as easily with the limitation as without. Keeping the limitation only causes arguments from people who don't understand how Infernal charms work and think they're being nerfed. It would be more effective to just have a note saying "Infernals don't have high-Essence charms, they have low-Essence charms that upgrade, stick to that and you're fine". I think you'd get a lot less complaints that way, if it was clear that this isn't actually a problem. Or, if the limitation has to be kept for whatever reason, still put in the note saying "it's fine, you're not being nerfed, here's why". I'm not trying to get some sort of backdoor to power, because I don't need one. I just want clarification for people who don't know Exalted as well as I do.
>>
>>50728592
Yozis have an imperfection that reflects their nature, their weakness. These affect certain charms. For example, here's Malfeas' imperfection:

IMPERFECTION OF THE DEMON CITY
The Demon City is only invulnerable within itself, so Malfeas constantly seeks to crush the other Yozis with his layers. Being of equal infinitude, such ambitions avail nothing. Because of this, however, all active perfect defenses granted by Malfeas Charms only function in an area that has been deliberately developed for habitation or use. The level of development is irrelevant; the most primitive mud hut village or farmstead is just as viable a battleground as the plazas of Nexus or the palaces of Yu-Shan. Infernals can intuitively sense when they cross the border between protected and unsafe territory (or vice versa).
>>
>>50728592
All physical perfect defenses in Exalted have a Flaw of Invulnerability. They're mostly trivial, but Infernals get ones that are reasonably restrictive, things like only working while in a city or near a sea, failing against holy attacks, or costing more if you don't recognize the attack being used against you.

Each Yozi gets their own for their set's perfect defense, as do devil tiger sets.
>>
I saw somewhere that Infernals had a charm where they punched someone so hard that person is thrown far away and explodes like a nuke wherever they land. What charm is that?
>>
>>50728592
All perfect defenses have "Flaws of Invulnerability" that mean that even if you had infinite Essence to spend on them someone could still find their way around them if they were clever. Most Exalted types use the same flaws, but each Yozi charmset has its own custom one, the Imperfections. So Malfeas is the demon city, and his perfect defenses only work in regions cultivated for use by people (cities, roads, farms, whatever so long as it isn't wilderness). The Ebon Dragon is the spirit of darkness and spite, so Holy charms bypass his defenses. Adorjan is a speedster, so she has to keep running to use hers. Stuff like that. Naturally, as a Devil-Tiger you get your own Imperfection to go along with all the other custom Yozi-power you get.
>>
>>50728449
Personally I thought the Essence 5+ no custom charms limit was because of how unsupported that area of the game is, basically you go to high Essence stuff like that just for the motes unless you're making dozens of Charms on your own, but at that point I don't really know how you would balance a game. Going by examples might work but it's a small pool. Thus the Essence 5+ custom charms limit makes sense as it's basically saying "This is unsupported/unsupportable content in canon and thus we can't support it."
Also, whilst I'm givin my opinion on Exalted Jump stuff, the fact that Lintha-Blooded in Mortal Heroes is so OP is BS but not as BS as they could have gone had Gaunlet not made them tiny 'drops' of the Mother Sea instead of Prototype Solars, Essence 5 Mirrors of everything, but with a Sea reskin. Shit is not cash yo. However I do wish Gaunlet would've given us an island behemoth for Lintha-Blooded makeing one out of someone's Sword Grace is going to be a bitch.
>>
>>50728497
>I'm guessing it gives you their limitations, making you incapable of understanding our taking action outside of their purview?
Yes.

>Or is there some other reason?
You lose you human soul. And your Exaltation, along with all non-That Specific Primordial stuff.

>Are you trapped in the same way they are if you take it?
No... That's the one thing you'd have over them.

>>50728516
Sure?

Let's see... Malfeas only works in places that has been deliberately developed for habitation or use, CC's can't be used against higher-Essence things, SWLiHN's costs more if you haven't studied them/can't be used on suprise attacks, Adorjan's requires you to keep moving, and Ebby's doesn't work against Holy.

So... What would be an appropriate condition for your Devil Tiger to be to reflect its nature/or something that would be their weakness?
>>
So with all this talk about Exalted, anyone thought of how Scion would work as a Jump?
>>
>>50728625
Of course, their upside was meant to be that they're generally cheaper to use, but the shitty errata spit all over that one.
>>
>>50728648
No, that's a Solar Hero charm, Cast Down Stars Condemnation. It's a high-Essence enhancement to the Heaven-Thunder Hammer charm for knocking things back. Infernal Monster Style doesn't do much for throwing people away, it wants you nice and up close so it can brutalize you better.
>>
>>50728677
I think somebody made a wip, but I don't remember it being brought up since a few months ago
>>
>>50728677
Someone was making it.
>>
>>50728677
I think it could work. We've got Percy Jackson, after all, Scion is just a higher-powered version of that.
>>
>>50728652
But can't you learn the perfect defenses from multiple charm sets? So that you can have access to them as long as you meet even one of the requirements?
>>
>>50728687
>Infernal Monster Style doesn't do much for throwing people away, it wants you nice and up close so it can brutalize you better.
Also has a limit burning berserk button which is awesome in all the right ways.
>>
>>50728709
Yes. That's expensive to do, but possible.
>>
>>50728659
>Personally I thought the Essence 5+ no custom charms limit was because of how unsupported that area of the game is
Yeah, that's basically it.

>Lintha-Blooded in Mortal Heroes
Yeah... It's damn powerful compared to everything else, but at least it's pretty narrow in scope.

I never liked the proto-Solars approach either, just giving them Spirit Charms with Kimbery themes seems much more reasonable to me.

If maybe a little meh.

>However I do wish Gaunlet would've given us an island behemoth for Lintha-Blooded
Fuck yes, that'd be cool.

>makeing one out of someone's Sword Grace is going to be a bitch.
Might be easier to wait for Lunars/Fair Folk making something like that.

>>50728709
Yes.
>>
>>50728516
I'll bet one of your themes is freedom right?

Why not do the opposite of Malfeas, only working in places unrestricted by the works or laws of civilization. Namely the wilderness.
>>
>>50728525
>>50728663
Would perks for retaining freewill and identity work?
>>
>>50728687
Addendum that I just thought of: It actually is possible to do this with Infernal charms if you combo the right abilities. Namely, Green Sun Nimbus Flare with all the upgrades from Malfeas's charm set, and Behemoth Fetch Exercise from Adorjan's. Green Sun Nimbus Flare makes people explode in radioactive fire, and Behemoth Fetch Exercise knocks them back super far.
>>
>>50728663
Would having to have a greater will then the person attacking you work for a Flaw?
>>
>>50728663
>Malfeas only works in places that has been deliberately developed for habitation or use
From what I've read about this game I'm guessing that just blowing up the town they're fighting in is something people do to get through that one.
>>
>>50728795
It would help you still be you and not be subsumed by the personality traits that come with being limited to a Primordial's themes. But your abilities would still be limited to theirs. And you'd still lose your Exaltation. Seriously, just go Devil-Tiger instead, it's better. If you really want to subsume the identity of some cosmic being, find a way to kill an Incarnae in the Dragonblooded jump and get promoted to take their place (there are several Sidereal charms that can do that). You'll lose your Terrestrial Exaltation, but it's not as powerful so it's less of a loss, especially compared to some of the charms available to the Incarnae. I recommend stealing Luna's mantle, she's the one whose free will is least limited by her purview ("perfection and virtue" means the Unconquered Sun can only act freely when he's deeply depressed, and "fate and samsara" means that the Maidens can't contradict any future they've seen come to pass).
>>
>>50728795
Identity /maybe/.

Free will, no. You're not losing any your free will, you're just becoming a clone of something else in mind, body, and soul.

>>50728818
Most likely, yes? Seems somewhat similar to Cecelyne's.

>>50728852
Yes.

Though that's pretty hard in itself, since area destruction big enough to just remove the city you're in is pretty hard to come by.
>>
>>50728572
>>50728794
well my devil tiger is not my Jumper.
And his core theme is Eldritch creation so it doesn't really fit.
>>50728663
okay thanks, would "If use of this charm would make him unable to create something or distract him from a work in progress" work? sort of like how the big pig needs to do what he wants
>>
>>50728894
Sorry, quick stupid question -

Do we recieve all the discounts for the Caste AND favored yozi?

Thanks for the jump. Reading about Infernals was an experience.
>>
>>50728896
Hm... Probably not. That'd allow you to be invincible whenever you don't feel like making something?

Maybe the opposite-ish? You need to be creating something or focussing on a work in progress, to use the charm?

Seems a little restrictive, but would really reinforce the whole gotta-create-stuff theme.
>>
>>50728894
Are there any other energy sources I can use to supplement my Essence pool? Seems to be a straight hybrid between magic wand Chi?
>>
>>50728955
sure, like maybe if you Are using a combat charm You Could only use it against a target Whose body you need for parts?
>>
>>50728955
I wonder how it would work for say, a harem jumper. Would it be something like "Perfect Defenses don't work when someone who loves you isn't nearby"?
>>
Would it be possible to kill a Yozi without creating a Neverborn?
>>
>>50729006
Pretty easy to circumvent, you just gotta love /everyone/.
>>
File: Swlihn.gif (182KB, 800x624px) Image search: [Google]
Swlihn.gif
182KB, 800x624px
>>50728947
Yes, you receive all the discounts for both Caste and Favored Yozis.

And you're welcome, glad you enjoyed it.

>>50728965
I don't know. Fanwank something?

It seems a pretty weird one to me, since things in Exalted are literally made from essence instead of atoms. So I wouldn't really combine it with anything.

But I'd say something like... soul-stuff/lifeforce/chi hybrid seem closest to me? It's not really anything like mana.

>>50728989
Imperfections are generally only on Perfect Defences though?

Like, my suggestion would basically have your Devil Tiger's perfect defence be the cosmic equivalent of: "Go away, I'm MAKING STUFF".

>>50729006
That could work pretty well as an Imperfection, yes?

>>50729049
Not really, as far as I know?
>>
>>50729097
Hmm... how fast do you regain Essence?
>>
File: Sacheverell.gif (117KB, 565x800px)
Sacheverell.gif
117KB, 565x800px
>>50729180
8 motes in an hour, if you're resting. 4 per hour, if you're just going around. None with strenous activity.

Having a hearthstone gives you more mote regain, anywhere from 2 to 10 per hour. All the ones for purchase in Jumps give 10, as far as I know. Multiple hearthstone stack too.

And standing in a Manse gives you double that, from 4 to 20 while inside. Again, the max of 20 for all those on offer in jumps (including the Inner World perk, for which you always count as inside).

There's also a few charms to let you regain motes through some specific way.

And your maximum pool of Essence is 240 motes total as an Infernal.
>>
>>50729097
>>50729285
>Imperfections are generally only on Perfect Defences though?
>Like, my suggestion would basically have your Devil Tiger's perfect defence be the cosmic equivalent of: "Go away, I'm MAKING STUFF".

That sounds great! but I don't know how to define That mechanically or fluff that.
>>
>>50729285
Does that mean that Inner World gives 20 per hour constantly?

Also any chance of an import option for manses? It would be pretty cool to turn one of the properties that already follow me between jumps into a manse.
>>
File: 4129574-spawnguns_981.jpg (94KB, 324x494px) Image search: [Google]
4129574-spawnguns_981.jpg
94KB, 324x494px
Where I can get the power to instantly create weaponry?
>>
>>50729407
I'd shank a motherfucker for a Spawn jump. I'd shank six motherfuckers if it had an Angel background.
>>
>>50729420
Do it yourself
>>
What do you think of
ignoring drawback limits.
>>
>>50729285
Could you use Conjoined Conjures or I Cheat or something to have it run on MP instead?
>>
>>50729424
Jumps are like porn; jerking off to your own stuff just isn't as fun.
>>
>>50729478
Can confirm this isn't actually true.
>>
Is it possible to stay relatively neutral as a force user or would I be looking at "be space paladin" vs. "be space blackguard"?
>>
>>50729478
That's wholly your opinion, mate.
>>
>>50729285
Could you use magi-tech to store motes? Like some sort of battery where you charge it with motes during down time then when your in the thick of a fight and need some extra juice you can pull from it. Im aware that there are charms that do something similar but I'm curious if a physical version is possible.
>>
>>50729572
There are canon examples of "grey jedi," force users that are skilled at using the force but that don't pick a side. If I remember right, though, that hampers their overall power.
>>
>>50729572
Totally possible in the EU. Just have some fucking self control and don't go around constantly feeding on your emotions.

Lucas and Disney seem to prefer it being binary, though.
>>
>>50729456
I'm generally against it, but you'll be surprised the number of jumps that just plain forget to mention what the drawback limits are.

>>50729285
Okay think I've got the fluff for the perfect defense figured out but still need to figure out the imperfection to it How does this sound?

>each and every one of the tools and methods of the Forgefather are things of the beyond,for as he who sculpts the impossible the ways in which his children defend themselves are impossible, and thus nothing in creation can assail them successfully save for "insert flowery allusion to his imperfection".
>>
>>50729589
Consider Grey Jedi include people like fucking Revan and (in all but name) Starkiller, I'm not sure about that.
>>
>>50729588
Yes. There are several canon examples of such a thing. The really good ones even have built-in Essence harvesters, slowly recharging themselves off of ambient mystical energy.
>>
>>50729640
>I'm generally against it
>Hates any restrictions to the point where he wangs the laws of physics to dissolve and everyone to be a Chaos God
Okay then.
>>
Is it taboo to give companions too much CP?
>>
File: 0FkY7mn.jpg (70KB, 1094x414px) Image search: [Google]
0FkY7mn.jpg
70KB, 1094x414px
>>50729676
No. You should give them more CP.

Jumps without companion import options are boring.
>>
>>50729676
Do you mean as a jumpmaker or as a jumper?
>>
>>50729641
Arguably, Luke is one too. His new Jedi were all about embracing human emotions instead of rejecting them to be ascetics.
>>
File: seriously.png (85KB, 407x222px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
85KB, 407x222px
>>50729666
>cheating at a Single player Imagination game

I know how little of Me you think Satan but even I have standards
>>
>>50729676
It's stupid to give anything too much anything.
>>
>>50729730
True. Kyle Katarn is a good example, too.
>>
>>50729726
Jumpmaker
>>
File: Hellstrider.png (637KB, 701x834px)
Hellstrider.png
637KB, 701x834px
>>50729311
>>50729640
>That sounds great! but I don't know how to define That mechanically or fluff that.
Glad you think so. How's this?

IMPERFECTION OF THE FORGE-FATHER
Defined by his drive to forge that which is not, [Insert Primordial's Name Here] brooks no distraction from his work. He must keep creating or cease to exist.
Charms noted as vulnerable to this flaw may only be used while making Craft rolls and while working on a Craft project during the interval between extended rolls. If the character stops working or actually does not have any unfinished projects, the Charm can’t be activated.

>How does this sound?
A little vague on how it actually stop the attacks, I think?

I think I get the gist, sculpting reality to make it impossible to hit you? Or is that it's using something impossible (the tools?) as a defence?

>>50729357
Yes, when you have it at full size. It starts off at 4 and caps out at 20 when it hits the soft cap.

And I don't know... Manses are pretty specific in their geomancy/"magic feng shui".

Just importing one into one of those in the jump would produce some weird mishmashes. But just making a generic import doesn't really capture the feel of them...

I'm toying with the idea of letting those properties that follow people around just appear in the Living World instead of outside (with the Charm mainly. The Inner World perk version would be a little too small for many additional properties)

>>50729470
Personally, I'd say no. It's not really a normal magic system, in so far as it is a magic system at all.

You're free to fanwank something yourself, but I just don't see it meshing.

...You could Conjoin Conjurers/I Cheat with Sorcery no problem though.

>>50729478
...Crass. But true.

Jumps from other people are always more fun. I can never finish a build for my own anymore.

>>50729588
Yes..

They're usually not small enough to carry around though? But I'm sure there's a solution for that.
>>
>>50729788
Never get them more than the jumper that's for sure.
>>
>>50729795
that sounds good but doesn't that make all combat charms with that Imperfection useless?
>>
>>50729788
Define too much, 800 each is the upper end of reasonable so more than that is iffy. But it really depends on how the rest of the jump is structured.
>>
>>50729827
I mostly ask because I've never seen a jump give out 1000 CP or more. Realistically I'm probably going to go for 800 like I did for my previous jump, but I'll need to wait and see what I come up with for perks/items.
>>
>>50729889
If you feel like companions would for any reason need more than that you'd be better off letting them take drawbacks than giving them more than 800.
>>
>>50729889
What jump are you making?
>>
The red haired woman for 50 CP... Is that...?
>>
>>50729955
Yes. Remember that her hate is safer.
>>
The thing I'm referencing without referencing. . . Am I . . . shitposting?
>>
File: Isidorable.gif (36KB, 565x800px) Image search: [Google]
Isidorable.gif
36KB, 565x800px
>>50729822
Well. Sorta no, sorta yes.

You're pretty much looking at just your Perfect Defence having it, your other combat Charms probably won't have it.

But yes, oridinarily, it'd be useless unless someone decides to attack your workshop/you decide to take a break and paint your enemy's portrait in the middle of combat. (which would actually be fun, IMHO?)

My proposed solution is to do like Adorjan. Her Imperfection is defined by an action too, in her case, dashing really fast. Her charms allow her to keep that up all the time, never having to stop.

Make charms that allow you to work on Craft projects as a reflexive thing you can combine with other stuff for multitasking, make charms to use your unfires and impossible tools on the move.

Use those unfires to forge a blade while you're kicking someone in the face, swirl a paintbrush on your canvas with one hand and a daiklave in the other, and... more of that?

You're free to go with something else, of course. Just seemed interesting to do something like this, so I suggested it?

>>50729955
Yes, a splinter of Adorjan.
>>
>>50729795
If you take Orphan Cub and Socerous Initiation, can you use the previous Devil Tiger's themes to determine the boons and limitations to your Sorcery?
>>
>>50729982
Seriously it is a fucking Yozi? Not that I'd want her around but that is a low price tag.
>>
>>50729951
Cabin in the Woods, Tremors, thinking about a few other horror settings like the Exorcist.
>>
>>50729889
The naruto jump goes up that far iirc
>>
>>50730013
Sure, you can.

>>50730016
Splintered Gale Shintai. So, maximum stats in everything, but only within mortal limits.
>>
>>50730016
It's just her human avatar made with Splintered Gale Shintai. High stats, but otherwise completely human. No Yozi powers.
>>
>>50730008
>My proposed solution is to do like Adorjan. Her Imperfection is defined by an action too, in her case, dashing really fast. Her charms allow her to keep that up all the time, never having to stop.
>Make charms that allow you to work on Craft projects as a reflexive thing you can combine with other stuff for multitasking, make charms to use your unfires and impossible tools on the move.
>Use those unfires to forge a blade while you're kicking someone in the face, swirl a paintbrush on your canvas with one hand and a daiklave in the other, and... more of that?

I'm loving this. I'm using this. Thank you
>>
>>50730019
>Tremors
Graboids drawback when?
>>
>>50730095
Excellent. Glad to be of service.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 12.jpg (299KB, 764x684px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 12.jpg
299KB, 764x684px
>>50727831
Just noticed this.

>Probably? Seems pretty barebones for now though.
Yeah the idea is to move things past you first before doing heavy lifting as you are basically the ST.

>How would those themes interconnect?
Basically the way it would work is that the previous Devil-Tiger became an Ephemeral dream of what a perfect Creation is. You see the Orphan in my theoretical build truly believed in Reclaimation but was going about it in their own way.

They would allow everyone to inherit that dream they had become, and in doing so creating a hope among the collective mortals of Creation by gifting a vision to them of what they could have. The Charm-line would be basically training charms that would improve a Mortal as the slept, making them closer to their dream selves. However resistance, like spending willpower to break out of the dream, would be answered with them just drifting off and not being bothered by the Charm again for a while. Basically the entire thing was a pipe dream from start to finish but it's about creating Intimacies and inheriting the Hopes and Dreams of the Orphan. Some other stuff would be like creating items from pure Essence for a while, like the Solar Saber Charm

What I have in mind for the Time part is that dream time, whilst never able to go backwards, is much more flexible and through the use of their charms they hoped to realize a possible future while using his own way of doing things, turning the masses of prayer batteries to the Reclaimation but for... reasons it didn't work out. [There are actually too many holes in their plan for it to pan out but this IS supposed to be a failed Orphan]

That's all I've got for now.

>>50730141
Yo Mardukth what do you think of the above. Your say on what happens, but it was fun just to sit back and make the background up a bit even if you say now. So thanks for that.
>>
>>50730008
In what way does Prison Break "cripple" you? Also, is there a time limit?
>>
>>50730141
hey can you get stuff from The Orphaned cub of the devil-tiger perk and then go devil-tiger yourself after the jump to get Three different different charm sets total?
>>
>>50730008
Can we keep learning Yozi charms even after we leave the jump? Is it possible to eventually learn all the available charms?
>>
>>50730186
>Yeah the idea is to move things past you first before doing heavy lifting as you are basically the ST.
Fair enough?

>That's all I've got for now.
It's... quite something.

I like it.

It's idealistic, it's a grand plan, it's a pipedream, and it ties all four themes together in a very harmonious way.

And even better, it sounds like it would have some nicely odd Charms. Wonder what Perfect Dream of Creation Shintai would look like...

>>50730229
It makes you incapable of just leaving by walking/teleporting out, and stops perks that would just auto-release you (like how Oramus' bound).

There is no time limit to get out. You either escape after however long it takes you, or you die there.

But if take longer than 10 years, then the jump simply ends when you get free.

>>50730335
>to get Three different different charm sets total?
Huh? You'd have two custom charmsets between both of those.

>>50730411
Yes, and yes.

Learning them is innate, having a teacher just speeds it up a bit. So yes, you can learn them out-of-jump.
>>
>>50730411
See This:
>>50728449
>You train. Something-something essence patterns.
>Being able to learn them is inherent, having a teacher just speeds it up. So yes, you can learn them out-of-jump.
>>
>>50730439
>Huh? You'd have two custom charmsets between both of those.

Okay that's on me, the way Orphaned cub of the devil-tiger Is written I thought you could still get standard infernal charms from the standard yozi
>>
>>50730439
Hey Mardukth, can I count these charms https://docs.google.com/document/d/19fBSHGZ-jcyjD9VGM56pEw9QQPULRBKJmcgEKpa9dY4/edit#heading=h.a8n1005wsdge as Oramus charms or do they have to be Devil Tiger charms due to being fanmade?
>>
>>50728449
>You train. Something-something essence patterns. Being able to learn them is inherent, having a teacher just speeds it up. So yes, you can learn them out-of-jump.

wait, does that mean if we have other essence patterns that we can't quite use due to being mortal heroes will have full access to the stuff they would grant if we go devil-tiger and get upgraded? Because I picked up the essence patterns of a God of martial arts in mortal euro gauntlet
>>
>>50730468
>I thought you could still get standard infernal charms from the standard yozi
You can but that is still only two custom sets, the charmset of the devil tiger who's exaltation you got and the your own as a devil tiger. That is two custom sets. You can also still learn Yozi charms but that doesn't include another custom set.
>>
>>50730468
You can. But those are nearly two dozen charm sets. We're talking about the custom charm sets, which you can get a max of two of. Not counting Heretical charms that aren't Devil Tiger charms, of course. With twenty-three Yozi, only fifteen of whom have canon profiles (and two of those are extremely vague) you could probably get any effect you want by remixing their themes.
>>
>>50730526
>>50730526
I never said three custom charm sets,I said three Different charm sets total.
>>
>>50730512
You'd have to treat them as custom Devil Tiger charms. Not because they're homebrew, but because if you actually look at Oramus' themes in the books these don't correspond to him. It's a well-made charm set, but it's not one for Oramus.
>>
>>50730439
>But if take longer than 10 years, then the jump simply ends when you get free.

So if you take Return of the Infernal Jumper, do you auto-fail when you get free if you don't take any Yozi with you?
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo Dragon Shape.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo Dragon Shape.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
>>50730439
>Fair enough?
I find it fairer then just saying it works for me for reasons.

>I like It.
Thanks for the approval.

>Dat Spoiler
I don't know but it must be beautiful.

>>50730468
... Banchô-Anon, I think Mardukth is saying you only get two Devil-Tiger /Custom/ Charm-Sets because you are already learning the normal Infernal stuff on your own, I think one or both of you got mixed up during the conversation. Mardukth correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>50730569
I'm getting that impression gauntlet
>>
>>50730468
Ah. I believe we were /both/ misunderstanding each other.

With Orphan Cub/Devil Tiger you have access to your custom Charmset(s). And ALL the open Yozi Charmsets.

At minimum (without convince other Yozi to give you access), you have access to all of Malfeas, Cecelyne, She Who Lives, Adorjan, and Ebon Dragon charmsets. With the perk, you can add the Orphan Cub charmset to that. And then going Devil Tiger, you can add that one too.

At no point do you lose access to any charmsets.

>>50730512
I guess? It doesn't really seem to fit him, but there's no canon Oramus charms. So it'd be fanwank what they would be.

Personally I'd use them as a Devil Tiger or one of the unmentioned Yozi there, but whatever you like?

>>50730562
Yes.
>>
>>50730019
>Cabin in the Woods
You're my fucking hero, anonymous jumpmaker. Shine on you crazy diamond.
You're actually Cleanupanon, right?
>>
>>50730569
I dont understand these custom charm sets. Can't you make as many charms as you want?
>>
>>50730599
>spoiler
I am not, actually.
>>
>>50730599
>spoiler
Nah, that's Mardukth right there.
>>
>>50730593
Yeah, I'll use it for a Devil Tiger set, seems more fair.
>>
>>50730605
Technically your Devil Tiger charms have to fit into your themeset, which has to reflect you. With this perk, you get two possible themesets.
>>
>>50730569
So how does the Economic Investment jump work? Can you jump it as Generic Economic Investment or do you have to jump it as The Money of Soul and Possibility Control? Or is it technically 2 jumps in one doc, 10 years of Economic Investment and then 10 years as the other thing?
>>
>>50730605
Yes. Not just for your custom charm set, but for any charm set you have access to. You're limited to the themes of the Yozi you're using, though, which is why having a Devil-Tiger charm set is useful. It's your charm set, it's full of the things you'd want to use anyway, instead of having to adapt the tools of the Yozi to your own purposes.
>>
>>50730653
Misquote?!
>>
>>50730605
Yes but they are restricted by theme, you can make as many (Yozi) themed charms as you want but they must follow the theme of a Yozi whose charm set you have access to.

You can also make charms based on yourself if you are a devil tiger and charms based on the themes of the devil tiger who previously had your exaltation if you bought that perk.
>>
>>50730693
Oh, yeah, forgot to remove that.
>>
File: Viscera Cleanup Detail.jpg (52KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Viscera Cleanup Detail.jpg
52KB, 460x215px
>>50730468
>>50730593
>you have access to all of Malfeas, Cecelyne, She Who Lives, Adorjan, and Ebon Dragon charmsets
Oh, and Kimbery. Musn't forget best acid-shoggoth.

>>50730522
>wait, does that mean if we have other essence patterns that we can't quite use due to being mortal heroes will have full access to the stuff they would grant if we go devil-tiger and get upgraded? Because I picked up the essence patterns of a God of martial arts in mortal euro gauntlet
Not really. The essence patterns of a Charm are very different from the full pattern of a god.

>>50730599
Nope, pretty sure he isn't. Hello.
>>
>>50730599
You say in a post directly after CleanupAnon himself.
>>
>>50730593
How likely is it for any other Yozi to open their charm sets to the reclamation plan without jumper convincing them personally?
>>
>>50730759
Not likely.

Szoreny or Isidoros seem like they /might/ be convinced at some point, since they decided to join the Reclamation in later stages just as Kimbery did.
>>
>>50729676
Don't give them anymore than the player. I usually do a 300 CP for eight companions that get a flat 600 CP each for my jumps.
Thread posts: 501
Thread images: 84

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.