[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 48
File: 1454900890783.jpg (334 KB, 552x1000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1454900890783.jpg
334 KB, 552x1000
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Complete collection of screenshots of Hell's Vengeance 1 is out apparently? But no PDF?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/PQvignSr

Vote in the /pfg/ community consensus for tiers:
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/WS3DZFK

Old thread: >>45332136
>>
First for Summoners Best Class
>>
>>45335268
You means Wizard
>>
>>45335264
Fuck yeah, Seviper!
>>
Hey everyone, I just finished my first Pathfinder Society game. I'm not sure what I think about it. I'm used to playing in a group of regulars (and 3.5) and this was my first experience of both Pathfinder and playing with strangers.

Could you guys share your own experiences about Pathfinder Society?

Today I played a rogue, but I'm thinking about changing my character. Combat effectiveness through Sneak Attack is nice, but it's gets monotonous, and the opportunity cost of deviating from it is really high. I'm thinking about playing a bard and focusing on tactics as opposed to pure dps. Any thoughts, hints, suggestions, etc?
>>
So what are the background traits for Hell's Vengeance?
>>
>>45335252
>>45335305

The .zip file in question ( https://www.sendspace.com/file/37wd3x ) contains the first book and the maps in .png form, since 7chan's QA team is still hard at work producing a PDF, but it does not contain the player's guide.

In fact, the Hell's Vengeance player's guide is not even listed in the Paizo website. It is a little strange and inconvenient that Paizo expects us to begin playing the adventure with no player's guide...

I will be running Hell's Vengeance for a single player very soon. I suppose I will let them start with any two traits, then acquire a third trait once the player's guide arrives.
>>
Using 1pp only, what are the best ways to increase the effective HD of an animal companion?
I can afford plenty of items, and I have a few spare feat slots, but I can't sacrifice any class levels.
My actual predicament is having two animal companions which I need to divide my total level up between. I've taken Boon Companion already for each of them. Is there anything else that can be done? I know it's a fool's errand, but I figured if I could get assistance from anywhere, it'd be /pfg/.
>>
File: pathfinder-twogag.png (593 KB, 980x488) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pathfinder-twogag.png
593 KB, 980x488
>>45335297
1) Pathfinder Society is as good as the people who play it. The good news is that many people who play the game are great players, at least in my personal experience. If your area's already got some regulars, they will have likely filtered out the worst of the rabble.

That said, groups are mixed, not every role will be covered, and sometimes you get players with.... limited tactical awareness. Thankfully, you want to play a Bard, which is an amazing class to ensure that knowledges and social skills will be covered. Some scenarios will turn tits-up if you don't have a decent Diplomacy between the whole lot of you.

Tactics is nice, try to focus on buffs. Going Weapon Finesse/Combat Reflexes/Bodyguard is decent, especially if you pick up the Helpful trait from Ultimate Campaign, or even the Halfling version from the Halflings of Golarion book. Having a longspear and Combat Reflexes is fine too, since using reach is a great way to 'control' the field.

Remember to skim over the Guide to Society Play for some of the rules for character creation, and know that you'll need to own a physical or PDF copy of any non-core book that you use in the character.
>>
>>45335345
The Huntmaster human racial feat makes you count as one level higher for determining the effects of your bird, small cat, dog, or horse.

It's not a lot, but it's there.

If they're both the same, then it works for both of them though.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/huntmaster-human
>>
>>45335350
>and know that you'll need to own a physical or PDF copy of any non-core book that you use in the character
I heard that is rarely enforced. Don't play pfs myself though.

What's that "Rue" every other captcha have?
>>
>>45335412
Couldn't tell ya, compadre. All my captchas are street name signs.
>>
>>45335412
French for road, I think.
>>
>>45335412
French for Street.
>>
>>45335350

Yeah, I've been thinking about it a bit. Today, I played with six other people. An inspire courage performance would be a +6 net. It's easier to buff than to debuff, what with the saves and all. I expect that I'll be a lot more creative than a lot of my peers, and would like to have tricks up my sleeves to disable/inhibit enemies or maximize the strengths of my party members. I'm not entirely sure how I want to distribute my stats, whether I want to be melee or ranged, and whatnot.

Like, fuggin' I was a little disappointed when I couldn't find something that would require my opponent to make a balance/acrobatics check to deny their dex so I could sneak attack them without needing to flank.
>>
>>45335350
>The good news is that many people who play the game are great players, at least in my personal experience
My personal experience is the exact opposite of yours. It's a haven of neckbeards (often incredibly overweight ones with poor hygiene), That Guys and idiots who aren't interested in anything beyond steamrolling for PFS credit, and who bitch at the GM if he dares think about going even slightly off the rails. It got to the point where I suspect two players in the previous, and last, PFS game attempt of mine had pre-read the adventure and knew exactly what was coming so they could game the system, especially based on their cleric and wizard spell selection while I was rolling with a fairly casual Magus.

My advice: find a group of friends that you get along with and who share your general preferences, and play with them. PFS is not worth the effort, because the people who play it are usually the people who don't have friends or got kicked out of their former groups for the same behaviour they demonstrate in PFS games (and can get away with in them because of how PFS is designed).
>>
>>45335447
>Like, fuggin' I was a little disappointed when I couldn't find something that would require my opponent to make a balance/acrobatics check to deny their dex so I could sneak attack them without needing to flank.
Feint?
>>
>>45335450
>It got to the point where I suspect two players in the previous, and last, PFS game attempt of mine had pre-read the adventure and knew exactly what was coming so they could game the system

This has been my experience with literally every AP I've been in, PFS or not.
>>
Here are the rules to a PvP game I will be in:
>level 15
>confined to a single large city
>must keep the fight secret, people who witness need to be taken out or have their memories modified
>we each have a level 10 NPC VIP we need to protect, them dying puts you at a severe disadvantage (and eventually disqualification)
>there are objectives that must be taken, doing so gives rewards (a mentioned reward was an advanced template)
>the city is modern era, so no resupplying consumables
>character must be based on a historical/semi-historical figure (robin hood)
>25 point buy
>all Paizo/DSP stuff included, but subject to GM approval
>allowed a 2CR boost that must be written and submitted to the GM before hand and approved.

I know, I know, it's a FS/N game. It was suggested in my long time group and I thought I might as well give it a try
>>
Hi guys. I'm making 2 characters for my next campaign (DM asked us to make backup/swap-able character), and I would like to hear some element/idea to insert on those two characters. Here are my basic thoughts:

> Human, male Summoner from a noble family, which has long history/tradition of Wizardry.

> Human, female Inquisitor who is good at hunting and chasing bad guys but socially awkward (low charisma)

What more flavor/background I could give to these guys? Please give me some ideas.
>>
What the fuck?
The last thread was only at page 7.
>>
>>45335450

Huh, interesting. I spoke with the the one of the organizers for the pathfinder thing in my area. He was a bit dickish to his wife (whether or not she deserved it doesn't matter, 'cause he made the decision to marry himself to a woman like that in the first place if she did). Another guy fuckin' dicked around when there was a swarm and he was the only one with oil that could be used to ignite it, and he kept making jokes and seeking attention from others (Social skills and grace is not a hallmark of tabletop RPGs, but it was pretty bad).

>>45335463

Yeah, feint works... but you know, it's so much more exciting when you drop a bag of marbles on the floor and pull that shit off 'cause it's unexpected. The build that I was going for (unarmed + two weapon fighting) didn't have much room for other feats.
>>
>>45335489

Oh, and that was the first pathfinder character I made too, and I'm not entirely sure about all of the changes to the combat maneuvers and whatnot.
>>
>>45335476
>Here are the rules to a PvP game I will be in:
And?
>>
File: 064.png (2 MB, 852x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
064.png
2 MB, 852x1080
Daily reminder that Cheliax can't afford a Wand of Infernal Healing to cure a simple wound of one of its military's captains.
>>
>>45335476
Okay so....do you want us to make your character or what?
>>
>>45335476
Go Arcanist. Literally abuse the fact that PF is still caster edition.

Following Grail War rules, you can be a fictional hero so long as you have set a precedent of fame or notoriety.

Roll fucking Elminster and kill everyone.

"fun?" What is this "fun?" Fuck "fun". Play to Win.
>>
How do you guys make your humanoid NPC / boss fights? Historically I've used characters with however many class levels are appropriate, but this has left me with a sort of "alpha strike" issue where my NPC's either get slaughtered before having an impact, or survive the first volley and kill or cripple one or multiple party members with their own offensive. I was thinking I'd be better off fabricating stat blocks and assigning spells, attacks, abilities etc. as I saw fit (probably involving lots of extra defense and toned down but irritating/debilitating offensive abilities).
>>
>>45335482
The inquisitor should use the Divine Hunter archetype for inquisitors, it gives them an animal companion.

She should have a history of illness and prescribe to the theory of leeching. Make her animal companion a massive leech. She obsessively leeches herself when out of combat, and as such suffers from anemia and low blood pressure.
>>
>>45335509
>Go Arcanist. Literally abuse the fact that PF is still caster edition.
That's if more than half of other classes don't get spell resistance of "fuck you" as per Fate rules.
>>
>>45335484
Things move fast in the world of /tg/, I guess?
>>
>>45335509
>"fun?" What is this "fun?" Fuck "fun". Play to Win.

I have players like this.
It bothers me that their definition of fun is being the most optimized one in the group.
>>
>>45335509
Already went DSP, far more likely to win that way because I can secure a kill before they get an action. The only thing that saves them in EPS, and that is defeated by simply exhausting them. Teleporting in and out and forcing them to burn them, along with the fact I have completely renewable resources when they don't. I can force confrontation and don't have to prescribe to the 15 minute adventuring day.

>>45335505
>>45335499
I was dumb, I wanted to ask what you guys would make. I forgot.
>>
>>45335502
They just completely forgot that they made the average town have a cleric, didn't they?
>>
>>45335526
>SR
>Ever a threat for an experienced caster

Oh, sweet summer child.
>>
>>45335509
Saber, Lander, Rider, and Archer get spell resistance as part of their class.
>>
So a soulknife can arm themself with literally art, and thanks to archetypes and blade skills can also armour themself with art as well. What could such a thing look like?
>>
>>45335535
PsyArm Soulknife for maximum gate of babylon.

I'd probably get murdered the first day because I sucked but GATE OF BABYLON.
>>
>>45335551
First you'd have to define art
>>
File: 065.png (945 KB, 852x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
065.png
945 KB, 852x1080
>>45335536
This one tiny town can cast 4th-level spells, damn it.
>>
File: ART.jpg (29 KB, 500x348) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ART.jpg
29 KB, 500x348
>>45335551
Like this.
>>
>>45335467
>tfw avoided reading an AP for a good year because we were playing it at the time

After the campaign tanked, though (GM moved to Europe), I did break down and read the rest. But I was proud that I'd managed to hold out.
>>
>>45335533
To be fair, this is a pvp game with unlimited wish as a prize.
>>45335544
Never read Fate I take? But indeed, we must ask >>45335476 if the game is played entirely by PF rules, or there are any adjustments based on setting.
>>
File: 1453257079540.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453257079540.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>45335565
>define art.
>>
>>45335509
Elminster, get off the fucking internet or else I'll call Mystra to make you her little bitch again.
>>
>>45335567
>male human Necromancer
Bitch what? Since when is necromancer a base class?
>>
>>45335509
>Elminster
>Not motherfucking Vecna
>>
>>45335594
Necromancer is what they call necromancy specialist wizards.
>>
>>45335594
Necromancy-focused Wizard. You'll find Divining-focused ones listed as
>male Human Diviner
for example
>>
>>45335594
Necromancer being a Wizard school specialist in Necromancy?
>>
File: 1405036350197.jpg (79 KB, 750x1171) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405036350197.jpg
79 KB, 750x1171
>>45335412
Rarely enforced, yeah. But there's always that small chance of getting audited at the table. It's happened to be about three times in as many years, but we're mostly a stable group that trusts one another.

>>45335447
The bard's perfectly fine as an archer if you don't mind staggered feat progression. That's how I was planning one for PFS Core. I'd say look up Zenith Games' big-ass list of class guides for more detailed advice. Some good reads there.

>>45335450
Sounds like shit. Sorry to hear that, man.

But to the guy getting into PFS, I'd say give it a try. Play a game or two, each one with a different local GM. Judge for yourself instead of letting our personal stories (good or bad) decide for you.
>>
>>45335594
Wizards are speshul enough that they get identified by their specialization, not just as 'wizard'
>>
File: 072.png (905 KB, 852x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
072.png
905 KB, 852x1080
Daily reminder that Iomedae's Glorious Restoration is an aristocracy that allows only nobles to have high ranks in its organization.
>>
>>45335614
>>45335646
Well that's not arbitrary and confusing as shit or anything.
>>
>>45335621

Cool, yeah. I don't want to be heavy combat devoted, but I do want to be able to handle my own and be somewhat useful.

I'll definitely play a bit. I'm new in town, so it's nice to meet new people, and there might be different crowds each week. This style of organized gaming is new to me, and honestly felt kind of culty when they were explaining it to me, haha.
>>
>>45335646
Don't hate. But I WISH that wizards are forced to specialize instead of being a generalist for the sake of balance.
>>
>>45335656
TRPGs have been doing that since AD&D. How retarded are you?
>>
>>45335594
Due to being at the top of the tier list, Wizards are allowed the privilege of choosing their preferred pronouns.
>>
>>45335297
Pathfinder Society is pretty much the #1 worst thing in Pathfinder aside from the cancerous fucking SJW developers. It's the literal reason for a SHITLOAD of the insane nerfs that happen, and the entire justification of it is that Pathfinder wasn't built just as an RPG, but as the PFS RPG, specifically. It's rigidly adherent to the strict rules placed in that playstyle, most of which are awful, shitty, terrible ideas that just don't hold up to serious play. Encounter design in PFS is SO AWFUL that Monk was strong in it, and because a martial was anything but absolute shit, Paizo gutted the monk further.
>>
File: 1395202498541.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1395202498541.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>45335672
>>
Does anyone have epubs/mobi/pdfs of Beyond the Pool of Stars, Bloodbound or Pirate's Prophecy?
I've looked at all my usual sites but they don't seem to have been shared yet.
>>
>>45335676
You know, I think this is why some anons bitched that we fellate 3pp devs too much.

Because they don't see how much of a pile of rancid shit Paizo is.
>>
>>45335544
Unfortunately not being able to win initiative and being forced to burn force spheres is. Especially considering they are exceedingly easy to counter. I'm going to be diminutive, so I'll simply teleport inside the force sphere and enter their square. Now they're stuck in their own force sphere with me.
>>
>>45335693
I'm not quite sure I get what you're trying to say here.

Explain a bit, man?
>>
>>45335667
Maybe I wasn't playing, what, twenty, thirty years ago? Maybe thirty years ago it made sense. Now, when there's like forty classes and ten thousand archetypes, maybe just MAYBE using the class spot for something other than CLASS isn't a great design choice anymore?
>>
>>45335682
>Pirate's Prophecy
Please don't tell me that one has that lamia-naga thing as the ship crew member. Because I read the first book, and holy hell was it SHIT. I signed up for fucking pirate fun, not the crap I got.
>>
>>45335704
Oh, just rambling to myself. Pay it no mind.
>>
>>45335704
Bunch'a people get pissy when we love Gareth & co. in public. Anon is saying that maybe they get pissy about it because they don't realize how much DSP is better than what Paizo shits out.
>>
>>45335704
I think the point is that the 3pp devs aren't superfucking amazing on their own. But compared to Paizo, they ARE.

Compared to Paizo, I'm an A+ friggin race designer.
>>
>>45335676
>Encounter design in PFS is SO AWFUL that Monk was strong in it
It wasn't that Monk was strong, it was that a particular feat was actually decent (Crane Wing) owing to how you rarely face more than one or two enemies at a time.

So they nerfed it.
>>
Anons! I just got a great idea!

What if... Prestige Class Archetypes?
>>
>>45335729
Why not just make another prestige class?
>>
>>45335704
Paizo is really, really bad at making an RPG. Their devs are, for the most part We love you Mark Seifter completely out-of-touch with how the game actually plays. For every nice thing a class like the Monk or Fighter gets, Wizards and Sorcerers get thirty fucking pages of new spells that let them get ever closer to being able to do literally anything they want. This is BEFORE we start talking about how a number of the people in charge of writing APs are SJW morons who try to handwave literally everything in their bland-as-fuck fantasy themepark setting with "CUZ MAGIC AND MUH LACK OF GENDER IDENTITIES".

>>45335723
Also this.
>>
>>45335729
PsyAug Soulknife basically just added those, with a bunch of "to allow Soulknives to qualify for prestige class X, replace requirement Y with requirement Z, and replace class feature A with class feature B". Don't know why they didn't just outright call them prestige archetypes. They even turned Mystic Archer into some kind of Zatoichi thing.
>>
>>45335711
That's indeed the one. Anon has shit taste. Only Pathfinder novels I found remotely enjoyable was one of the Jeggare ones.
>>
Be specific.
DSP is legit.
Frog God Games is if Paizo's rancid shit took its own shit.
There are examples of 3pp material that are suicide inducing, including some of the material made by friendly neighborhood anons.
>>
>>45335729
Seventh Path had a couple of those, changing the mind-switch powers with the switch-with-undead powers for the body snatcher and the unbodied into a phantom that becomes a ghost for a short period.
>>
>>45335711
>Hell on the High Seas!

>Captain Torius Vin has given up the pirate life in order to bring freedom to others. Along with his loyal crew and Celeste, the ship's snake-bodied navigator and Torius's one true love, the captain of the Stargazer uses a lifetime of piratical tricks to capture slave galleys and set the prisoners free. But when the crew's old friend and secret agent Vreva Jhafe uncovers rumors of a terrifying new magical weapon in devil-ruled Cheliax—one capable of wiping the abolitionist nation of Andoran off the map—will even their combined forces be enough to stop a navy backed by Hell itself?

>From award-winning novelist Chris A. Jackson comes a tale of magic, mayhem, and nautical adventure, set in the vibrant world of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
This seems absolutely shit. Lamias on a pirate ship? Pirates who somehow make a living freeing slaves? Opposing the awesomeness of Cheliax?
And you just know this one plucky CN pirate ship is going to succeed against the massive LE navy of the most powerful nation in the Inner Sea.
>>
>>45335746
Let's be honest: DSP has made, like, no original subsystems.

Path of War = Tome of Battle
Akashic Mysteries = Magic of Incarnum
Psionics = Psionics
Bloodforge = Bastards & Bloodlines
>>
>>45335746
You guys'd tell me if mine was suicide-inducing, right?

At least before you killed yourself?
>>
>>45335746
Have never read anything by frog god, my friend irl says he's never seen anything by them he liked, what makes them so bad?
>>
>>45335728
It was a Monk feat which was "Okay" at best, because PFS never had to have more than one enemy, and that enemy always used Vital Strike.

That's the most retarded fucking design choice that I have ever seen. That's Riot Games tier balancing.

>>45335723
>>45335720
To be fair here, a lot of what people like about the DSP devs is that they're actually, y'know, human. Paizo is like... Paizo is basically the McDonalds of RPGs, if McDonalds had a Build Your Own Burger thing. Except they'd arbitrarily fuck with the menu because they don't think that you're enjoying it right, and they'd yell at you for it.

DSP? DSP is that friendly neighbourhood burger joint that listens to it's community and helps them get the burger they want. They'll chat with you as they make it. They'll give you some advice about what they think about different types of burger. They're friendly, fairly down-to-earth, and they treat you like a person, not just a wallet.

DSP is the friend who you'd be happy to go out for a beer with, because he's a legitimately chill dude. Paizo is that one friend who has the car to drive you all, but he's a complete cunt and always nitpicks at you for ordering wrong or carries on about stupid shit nobody wants to hear.
>>
>>45335760
Yeah, but the thing is, Pathfinder is just 3.5. DSP updated the old shit, revamped it to fit the new system, and is making attempts to rebalance it.

Also they're making mechs.
>>
>>45335746
>>45335760
Let's be realer:

We like DSP because they fellate us back. Absolute #1 100% biggest reason. They came here, they learned our ways, and they offered us the fruits of their labours. I mean, mother of fuck, Forrest drew Sylph swirls on himself for us.

When Drop Dead was our newest darling, they didn't assimilate, and we turned on them like snakes. Now, here they are trickling in one by one, and lo, we're reading their shit again.

Half the shits we give isn't in the mechanics, but whether we like the people behind them.
>>
>>45335768
Step 1. Make average product by porting over another system's material.
Step 2. Go into threads full of autists bitter and disillusioned towards Big RPG Devs.
Step 3. Talk normally, shill products.
Step 4. Get jerked off to.

Would they be as beloved if they were making products for an RPG whose parent company /tg/ LIKED?

You guys like them only because the alternative is shit.
>>
>>45335723
>>45335794
>literally what we said
muh reading comprehension?
>>
>>45335793
Then how come the guys who post their homebrew RPGs in other threads and try to talk about it and drum up interest just get IGNORED?

Is it because they're not writing for Pathfinder?
>>
>>45335793
I completely agree. I actually don't like that DSP is so open about how willing they are seem to be to provide /pfg/ with early access to things. It strikes me as a desperate need for recognition, money, or both. The concept that someone from /pfg/ could just pay them to make a race or class sort of makes me sick. I feel like I'll be ostracized for voicing this concern.
>>
>>45335806
Can't speak for everybody, but I can get my group a hell of a lot more interested in "Hey guys look, a new class for Pathfinder, that game we've all been playing together every week for years" than I can in "Hey guys look, an entirely new RPG system we could use instead?"

I would move to something better in three fucking winks if I could overcome the group inertia. I'm sure I'm not the only one. So yeah, basically, because they're not writing for Pathfinder.
>>
>>45335808
I'm curious, what about the idea of writing for money makes you sick? I mean.. Patronage has been a thing for CENTURIES.

How could we ostracize you? You're anon. Worst case, don't say it in every post and we'll never fuckin know
>>
File: 1451903812799.jpg (169 KB, 910x815) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451903812799.jpg
169 KB, 910x815
>>45335808
I'm with you there. It's a real unpopular opinion, but I share it.

I love DSP's products and always play DSP classes when I can, but I don't think they deserve THIS level of worship and "Gareth/Forrest is my waifu!" shit.

I'd give them a beer if I met them on the street. I like it when they drop by, and it's fun asking them things.

But they don't deserve the level of fanaticism /pfg/ gives them. /pfg/ is a fucking aberration compared to other general threads here on /tg/. No other general has so much loathing towards the game's devs that they instantly worship someone who comes along with a better product.
>>
>>45335808
You're anonymous, dummy.

That said, there was a literal "pay to have us make this for you" incentive for the fundraiser for ErrantX's thing a couple months ago, so you're not far off, except that was a limited-time offer.
>>
>>45335794
DSP makes an effort to listen to the people that they make content for, they actually mingle with the community instead of sitting in their tower and saying that what they make is amazing, they admit when they fuck up.

So yeah, they'd probably be liked regardless of system, because they're actually decent people and a decent company.
>>
>>45335843
People in homebrew threads do that all the time too. They try to reach out to others and get feedback on their homebrew and address criticism, but they get ignored no matter what.

Trust me: I'm one of those homebrewers. I'm 100% positive it's because Pathfinder 3pp gets more exposure than homebrew games.
>>
Hey /pfg/ I'm a fairly new DM that is going to be running a campaign for a totally new group of people in about two weeks. Due to my inexperience with building encounters and using the system in general I'm planning on running an Adventure Path for the group.

The only question is which one to run?
I've narrowed it down to three possibilities. Carrion Crown, Reign of Winter, and Iron Gods with RotR being the quadruple back-up if none of these are a good fit. I was wondering if someone could give me a few pros and cons of each adventure so I could choose which to run.
>>
>>45335854
Run Hell's Vengeance.
>>
>>45335835
To be fair here, I think a lot of the "Le waifu lulz" shit is just shitposting, and nobody is actually serious about it. It's the sort of shit this site does, man. It plays around like that with people.

Also, nobody else has that much loathing towards a company because there isn't really another company that's as bad as Paizo. It's a company filled with idiots, built on the decaying corpse of an old system that got ruined and abandoned by WoTC. Then Paizo shat all over it hard and made it somehow MORE caster edition, fucked martials up despite 'buffing' them, and then shoved SJW agendas into pretty much every bit of fluff they could.
>>
>>45335854
I like RoW, PCs going to Russia and other shenanigans is fun.
>>
>>45335851
And what are you a homebrewer for?
>>
>>45335835
Honestly dude, we do it because it's fun. Nobody (pretty sure, anyway) legitimately thinks Gareth is the second coming of Christ, or that Forrest is the new crown prince of QANON's sylphic kingdom. It's a series of goof-offs that only get funnier when they piss people off.

For real, though. The core of Pathfinder is solid, but the devs have done a terrible job building on it. I don't HATE Paizo, but I don't buy or use their newer stuff, either, because it's worthless to me, especially since Jessicrystal. We like the core (or at least tolerate it as a familiar lowest common denominator among our groups), and people like DSP, Drop Dead, and homebrew anons give us much stronger ways to play on top of it than Paizo does.
>>
>>45335851
Look I try to post in homebrew threads, but you gotta understand: I have no idea what's balanced, or fun in play, or anything. I look at your homebrew and I say "huh that looks cool I guess." and that doesn't help you at all. You need other homebrewers or devs to look over it, people with a practiced eye for that shit.
>>
>>45335861
Granted it does sound pretty wicked.what's the premise? Party has to infiltrate the Underdark and finds a magic tunnel to the Abyssal Plane?
>>
File: 1452631755765.png (166 KB, 633x436) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452631755765.png
166 KB, 633x436
>>45335863
>>45335878
>I think a lot of the "Le waifu lulz" shit is just shitposting, and nobody is actually serious about it
>>
>>45335900
Cool, then we will have more things to laugh at. I fail to see the downside.
>>
>>45335900
Haaaaaave you met 4chan? If you want serious discussions 24/7, you are on the wrong damn site buddy.
>>
>>45335863
>>45335878
Seriously though, if Paizo was a better company, you wouldn't be in love with 3pp devs because then they'd look less upstanding in comparison.
>>
>>45335864
What would you say are some strengths and weaknesses of the adventure in general? Pacing, characters, combats, that sort of thing. I've heard there's one part in book four or five where you're walking along tundra forever.
>>
>>45335918
No, we'd probably still like them. Most people aren't super in love with them, man. Most people just like them and they think they're a good company. All that waifu shit is jokes.
>>
>>45335918
>yet AGAIN repeating what we've been saying all along
muh reedin komprenshun
>>
>>45335936
It seems like 33% of all /pfg/ posts are joking about waifu shit instead of, you know, talking about Pathfinder.
>>
>>45335942
Well, yeah. This thread is basically a 4chan skypegroup before a game happens. Most of it's fucking about and chatting and joking, because we're all at least somewhat friends.
>>
>>45335942
What is there to talk about most of the time? Until a couple hours ago, the docket was "wait for Hell's Vengeance to come out", of course we're gonna fuckin' shitpost.
>>
Gonna tell you right now, sometimes people just don't look at your homebrew stuff, even if it's for systems that people have planetary inertia for like Pathfinder. Just happens.

Only thing you can do to counter it is be personable. Be memorable. If QANON walked in and said 'HEY CHUCKLEBUTTS I GOT A SYLPH RACIAL ARCHETYPE FOR YA' people would pay attention.

And if all else fails, take requests.

Speeeaking of, anyone got any races you want me to take a crack at?
>>
>>45335961
Fey catboy race.
>>
>>45335966
Is that you, DrowAnon?
>>
>>45335676
What exactly is Pathfinder Society anyway? Paizo forum?
>>
>>45335961
Race maker race maker parrot man
Make me a pixie as small as you can
>>
>>45335400
Holy shit, Huntmaster makes me want to be buried alive just so I don't have to look at it.

Someone please tell me there's something else out there.
>>
>>45335993
Organized play. Basically, they send short, one-shot adventures (part of larger story arcs) out to local game stores, and you go there to play, usually matched up with party members you've never seen before and never will again. The unpredictable nature of the beast means that they can't rely on any group having any sensible party comp, so most sessions are comparable to Final Fantasy XV; long hallway, cutscene, short battle, cutscene, repeat.
>>
>>45335400
>>45335999
... isn't the druid's class feature called nature bond (animal companion) by the prerequisite line's logic for divine bond?

burn that book.
>>
>>45335924
Sorry Anon, I lied, I never played any Paizo APs but I just love the idea of killing Grigori Rasputin.
>>
>>45335994
Hmm...

Tiny seems like a big break-point for a PC since it knocks your reach down to zero, but I'll see what I can do...
>>
File: Neptunia.png (697 KB, 856x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Neptunia.png
697 KB, 856x480
>>45336047
Believe in the me who believes in you!
>>
>>45336008
....Wonder why what suddenly came first in my mind is Friday Magic Night draft match.
>>
>>45336037
It's OK anon, I forgive you. If I was hosting this online I'd totally let you join if you wanted. Sadly, my friends are a bunch of fleshbags in meatspace.
>>
>>45336008

Haha, that was totally my experience this evening.

To be fair, that was a lot of previous sessions with my old group, too.
>>
>>45336061
I mean, it basically is. PFS is FNM for Pathfinder, except without Wizards' decade of trying to make FNM novice-friendly.
>>
>>45336062
No worries, I'm running my own game irl at the moment as well, so I feel you. Bit of advice, early levels are awful, especially for encounter building, once you get to level 3+ you have some work space.
>>
File: 070.png (1 MB, 852x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
070.png
1 MB, 852x1080
So is Iomedae's Glorious Reclamation supposed to be paladin ISIS or what?
>>
>>45336109
How many holy wars do you think have been fought due to starvation-induced hallucinations?
>>
>>45336119
Three
>>
>>45336084
>>45336084
Is that what you really think? Pfs seems designed to appeal to novices since any time something cool comes out they ban it
>>
>>45336172
I feel like it's more designed for Those Guys to get SOME game, and the bans keep them buying new books.
>>
File: 058.png (785 KB, 852x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
058.png
785 KB, 852x1080
Daily reminder that Paizo can't even build a major NPC without fucking up and giving her too little skill points.
>>
>>45336200
10 from classes, 2 from being human, no INT bonus? Apart from wasting a level on an NPC class, seems right.
>>
>>45336200

They had also forgotten to maximize her hit points from her first level, naturally.

>>45336254

If her first level was in rogue, as the sheet seems to imply, then she should have assigned her skill points across more skills than are listed on the sheet due to the 1-rank limit.
>>
>>45336261
Have you considered the possibility that they fucked up the presentation of classes and otherwise it's legit?
>>
>>45336200
>A self-taught thief and fighter
>rogue and warrior
>>
>>45336285
well, yeah, you gotta have TRAINING to be a fighter, duh!
>>
>>45335758
If it's that easy to make money from being an author, I need to quit my day job.
>>
Okay, so after browsing through the Hell's Vengeance pdf/images that another anon so nicely posted for download, I think I'm going to go into this AP with a Sorcerer into Hellknight Signifer (Eldritch Knight to fill out the back end if it comes to that). Probably Lawful Neutral, possibly Lawful Evil. Depends.

(3pp is allowed on case by case basis with this group, so I'm going to start with 1pp and work my way out.)

Right now, the general progression off the top of my head, thinking very roughly about the build, is probably going to be something like:

- Fighter 1 (Lore Warden?)
- Sorcerer 6 (Psychic?)
- Hellknight Signifer 10

I'm thinking the Psychic bloodline sorcerer because it changes the verbal and somatic components to the logic/emotion ones, which would let me wear armour without any issue. My spellcasting progression will be a lot slower, but I'll just have to wear that one.

Not sure what archetype of a Fighter to take, but even if I change out that level I'll need at least one level of something that allows medium armour.

Any thoughts or suggestions on where else I could go, or what else I should keep in mind?
>>
File: 1453251370276.jpg (29 KB, 384x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453251370276.jpg
29 KB, 384x384
>>45336324
>reading through adventure beforehand
>making a character for it as a player
>>
>>45336346
Was looking like I'd have to GM it, then I stopped halfway through the read and realised I wanted to actually play in something for once instead of foreverGMing.
>>
>>45336324
Why not be a Blade Adept and basically be a 9th level casting Magus?
>>
Oi lads and lasses and genderless robots.

Gimmie some abilities you think fairies should or might have.
>>
>>45336406
Magical seduction and charm.
>>
I'm in a historical-based campaign. We've got an oracle/sorceror blaster/buffs guy, and an antipaladin/warlord frontliner with intimidate. Gestalt game.

Choices for what to add to the group are:
-Dex-based 2h Unchained Ninja with the Weapon Expert archetype//Vivisectionist Alchemist, using the same alchemical stuff as extra utility as the thing below, sans crossbows
-Crossbow using alchemist with a houseruled version of the grenadier ability to add alchemical stuff to arrows, and some feats to turn the DCs of alchemical items to 10+1/2 level+Dex/Int/Wis, basically ending up as a somewhat more debuff-centric Green Arrow with crossbows
-Dex-based Rogue//???, basically being a master smith and crafting the perfect sword, but being a sneaky user of it. Also has side of alchemical stuff for utility.

Trying to cover stealth/info gathering, and being either a frontliner or help enable our other frontliner. Alchemist gives some good utility, crafting mundane armor/weapons for the party is helpful since I've managed to be able to do a LOT with that actually, and rogue is pretty much because I like dex-based characters.

Which do you think is probably the most likely to contribute well, /pfg/?

I guess there's technically a backup option of Not!Gilgamesh from FATE, using Soulknife and some Rogue things I found, but that ones a little questionable maybe.
>>
File: 1.png (3 MB, 2586x1737) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.png
3 MB, 2586x1737
>>45302845

>I had contacted Andreas Rönnqvist and Jeremy Smith, the owners of Dreamscarred Press, and had offered to donate a few art pieces that I had commissioned years ago. I own them only for non-commercial usage, but the artist is willing to work out a price for rights for commercial usage. I am willing to shoulder as much of that price as I can reasonably afford.

>Andreas Rönnqvist had mentioned that they would consider the donation, but that they would have to discuss amongst themselves if any of the art pieces would actually be appropriate. This is understandable, given that the images in question are in a somewhat anime style.

>Does /pfg/ like any of these art pieces, and if so, what does /pfg/ think they could be used for in Dreamscarred Press products?

Status update: Andreas Rönnqvist has responded to me saying that some of these pieces of artwork are suitable for future Dreamscarred Press products, and that they will be branching out with their art styles.

Congratulations, then, /pfg/: some of the seven quasi-anime illustrations posted in that previous thread could very well find their way into DSP books.
>>
Alrighty /pfg/

They could do with some work, but I've got work tomorrow morning and it's almost 11. I've thrown together some basic Fairies and comments are on if you wanna leave comments in a manner more permanent than 4chan.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14VBExD4rjxDeJie-Y2-rr6d_VEvuhx_QpaLgrMJUiNU/edit?usp=sharing

I'll be around a little while longer, but after that, I'll catch you later.
>>
>>45336498
Caster-only race for sure.
>>
>>45336525
They're caster-beneficial, but by no means exclusive.
>>
So apparently Shaitan Binder and Broodmaster stack. Any thoughts on the combination?
>>
File: 1433468047636.jpg (32 KB, 373x346) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1433468047636.jpg
32 KB, 373x346
>>45336417
>ninja and vivisectionist gestalt
do...do the sneak dice stack?
>>
>>45336870
Nope, gestalt explicitly says that class features that share a name advance at the faster progression of the two classes, like uncanny dodge/improved uncanny dodge.
>>
Something doesn't really make sense in the new AP.

> the Queen
> Empire's being invaded by rebel army and on verge of being dethroned by her political enemies if PCs' does not intervene
> Apparently can't 'trust' PCs... Just when did the beggar became chooser?
> bind PCs through infernal contract, making PCs her slave instead of begging PCs for help
> choo choo?

Fuck, If I get to run this AP I'll make the PCs bind the queen. Not in the creepy sense, but a boon or owe of sort.
>>
What's generally the best unchained rogue archetype/archetypes (aside from eldritch scoundrel)? Or should I not use any archetype?
>>
>>45336891
>>45336870
Nah, they don't, BUT I'm trading away Sneak Attack from the rogue thing with Weapon Expert for Weapon Training at every level I'd have gotten my rogue Sneak Attack from.
>>
>>45336911
Unchained Ninja with Weapon Expert
>>
>>45335841
Well, in all fairness that was a "One of our guys is in a massive shitstorm of a situation and need money. However, we do understand that nothing comes for free so we are willing to chip in with content so as to give something back as thanks"
>>
>>45335793
Nope. /pfg/ liked DSP, or at least their books, way before they came here.
>>
>>45336905
>he's not going to let a PC marry her instead of the contract
>their soul will be bound, and all they need is a ring and a preacher
>>
>>45335793
No. We turned on Dropdead because they refused to accept criticism of both their product and marketing strategy, and they refused to want to learn 4chan format and only came by here because of the insistence of one of their writers.

Plus Adam's a sperg
>>
>>45336498
You should put in a trait like "Wee Warrior" or something which allows them to attack adjacent squares with weapons, just to make them workable.

In fact, take a look at 4e Pixies for ideas.
>>
>>45336932
Do you people not know how to multiclass anymore? If you dip any random class on one side of your gestalt at first level, you could then have a staggered SA progression that advances every level.
>>
>>45337133
Stupid RAW pls go away.
>>
>>45335892
>Hell's Vengeance.
More like its PC's that work for Cheliax trying to stop the Glorious Reclamation of Iomedae's sword or something of that nature.
>>
>>45336468
Where were you the day Touhoufag's oc donutsteels ended up in the thing you loved, /pfg/
>>
>>45335502

That is a very comfy town.
>>
>>45335567

Holy shit this is the place you want to build your noble farming villa.
>>
>>45337133
Yeah, but that feels exploity, and honestly the SA thing is just a side thing since it's more thematically appropriate to the character than bombs.
>>
>>45337133
It's still the same class feature, and still progresses at the faster rate of the two classes. What you're suggesting is no different than gestalting Slayer and Rogue to get progressions of different speeds, and still makes no difference.
>>
>>45336047

Super small races are great for casters and people with teleport.
>yay for Boots of the Nomad with Fast Step
>>
>>45337125

Speak of the devil and he will appear!

Anyway, good morning, pfg.
>>
>>45337291
Why?
>>
>>45337527

It's a pleasant farming community with nice architecture and a whole lot of land open to purchase.

If you're rich, there's absolutely nothing stopping you from buying up a huge slice of land, putting your big fancy villa on the best piece of it, and selling off the rest for share-cropping.
>>
>>45335672
This triggers the Fighter.
>>
>>45336261
>>45336276
They may have put them on there... alphabetically!
>>
>>45337789
Nah bro, if there's even a single chance they might be wrong, they're wrong, because Touhoufag is better at games than anyone else and always right when they point out shit that literally no one else gives a fuck about.
>>
>>45337685
There's also a big bandit problem in the area.
>>
>>45335672
>top

Dear Wizard,

Hahahahahahahaha!

Sincerely,

Arcanist
>>
>>45337907
Are we gonna do the 'let's hate on Touhounon for no reason' thing in this thread again?
>>
>>45337908

If you're an adventurer ready to dump 40k on what is essentially a barony, having a bunch of bandits in the region is less "this is a problem" and more "awesome, now I have a hobby!"
>>
Cimri Staelish is cute! CUTE!

There's also a nursing home that's in dire need of money in Longacre, I have a bad feeling something's going to happen with them.
>>
>>45337921

I still think we should do a prestige class tier adjustments list.
Love, Psion/Thrallherd
>>
>>45337789
Every other NPC lists class levels in order taken?
>>
>>45338098
Thrallherd psion fuck yes
Cult Master mesmerist fuck no
>>
>>45338096
Cimri seems totally unnecessary in this adventure though.

Like, you could remove her and nothing would change.
>>
>>45337960
>Touhounon

You're not one of us.

>>45338150
I dunno, I was just spit-ballin'.
>>
>>45336200
Post the next page, let us see her.
>>
File: 059.png (986 KB, 852x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
059.png
986 KB, 852x1080
>>45338276
>>
>>45338264
>>45338327

The purpose of Cimri is to help ease people into being Evil.
>>
>>45336200
Still better than that 32 point buy waifu-insert in Hell's Rebels. A half elf reincarnated drow hippie slut trying to manipulate Chelaxian nobles with zero ranks in bluff. Might also have lacked sense motive.
>>
>Advanced Weapon Training doesn't even turn on until 9th level
Fucking seriously?
>>
>>45338351
Yeah, I also like how she still had the boosted stats from her old race because reasons.
>>
>>45338335
>help ease people into being evil

Like your average player needs that.
>>
>>45338389

You're talking about a player base that got triggered at the suggestion the mere existence of an evil campaign.
>>
>>45338327
>all this justification for helping teach players how to play evil in a LE AP
It's not that hard. Just watch Star Wars original trilogy. Darth Vader. Or Tarkin, for that matter.
>>
As a chosen one, does the player make up the reason why he's selected or is that up to the DM?

Also, how much story is too much for people related to the the player's character?
>>
>>45338351
>>45338376
Hold up, what?
>>
>>45336261

Both of those things immediately suggest her first level was in warrior - as this would also not maximize her hit points from first level.

So, they just made a slight presentation error.
>>
>>45338371
You can get it as early as level 5 with the feat.
>>
>>45337921

Dear Arcanist,

You can take the top spot as soon as you catch up to me on spellcasting levels!

Sincerely,

Conjurer
>>
>>45338413
It's especially usable in fantasy games, where
>"Only your HATRED can destroy me!"
might actually be a physical hard fact.
>>
>>45338399

>triggered by ebil

I think I am too old for this game. What is the recommended age? 7 and under?
>>
Any idea what a good attack would be for a level 8?

I can manage a 14/14/9/9/9. I don't know how I bring it up further or if I should consider not using either deadly aim or rapid shot, though I'd loathe to give up either.
>>
>>45338351
>Googling this waifu
>JJ replies in-character as her on the paizo forums
>This profile right fucking here
>>
File: PZO90100-Shensen.jpg (165 KB, 661x1000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
PZO90100-Shensen.jpg
165 KB, 661x1000
>>45338423
Shensen (and by extension, James Jacobs) is fucking terrible. Also she's half-AQUATIC Elf. More bonus.
>>
>>45338537

+3 WILL SAVE
>>
>>45338423
They're referring to Shensen.

She has a 32 PB in a campaign designed for 15 PB characters, and her race is an aquatic half-elf reincarnated from a drow noble (when she was an infant) by an elf priestess in order to free her from her drow heritage. However, she keeps all the Drow Noble racial boosts (+2 INT, WIS, CHA), as well as gaining the +2 DEX for half-elf, and the proficiency with hand crossbow and poison use of Drow Noble (despite, as noted, being reincarnated into it as an INFANT, so there's literally no possible way she could have crossbow or poison proficiencies, and the mental boosts are gaming the system in the worst possible way).

Her role before the AP begins was as a famous opera singer who also did double work as a seductress of highly-placed Chelish nobles in Kintargo in order to blackmail them for their secrets. She did this with a 9 WIS (+8 Will save in the AP, but it's a +6 in her original writeup in the NPC Codex... and bear in mind that she's also 12th level), making her very susceptible to mental effects, and she also has zero ranks in Bluff or anything related to deception, and nor does she have any feats that would help her in that regard either.

On top of all this, she's helped establish dozens of safe houses and hidden temples throughout Cheliax. This is coupled to expensive habits, and she's also described as quite prone to emotional outbursts and impulsive choices, as well as easily distracted.

She is the WORST POSSIBLE CHOICE EVER for Mata Hari. She's weak to mental influence, canonically unsuited to undercover work, and I cannot see how she has even survived this long (in fact, when asked on this point, Jacobs replied that she fucks up quite often and has to get bailed out by her allies).

I wouldn't be surprised if all the Kintargan nobles know about her activities and just let her get away with them because they get a ready and willing cocksleeve on demand in exchange for giving up minor secrets.
>>
>>45338413
Or watch the new movie and realize that TR8R/Nines and General Hux are infinitely more interesting villains than Kylo Whine and Captain Literally Who.
>>
>>45338555
>(in fact, when asked on this point, Jacobs replied that she fucks up quite often and has to get bailed out by her allies).

I wonder how many times she needed help to get out of some freaky bondage sex dungeon.
>>
>>45338525
>>45338555
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggghhhhhhhhghhghghghghhhhh
>>
>>45338525
>destructive subversive affair
Destructive to her, perhaps. She's easily blackmailed, can't keep secrets, and anybody of note could easily dominate her.
>>
>>45338555
>>45338543
I think her bonus save in the AP comes from the fact that her stats are presented as if she were using her Bardic Performance stuff.
>>
>>45338525
>>45338537
>>45338555
Holy fuck, I am so glad I went completely MIA from Pathfinder while Hell's Rebels was being released.
>>
>>45338597
>>45338525
>>45338555
If she fucks around so much, how have people not seen the pattern with what she does and moved to stop her?
>>
File: 1389179134729.png (4 KB, 203x231) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1389179134729.png
4 KB, 203x231
>>45338597
>and anybody of note could easily dominate her.

But anon, they're already dominating her.
>>
File: PZO90100-Tup.jpg (138 KB, 723x1000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
PZO90100-Tup.jpg
138 KB, 723x1000
>>45338609
The same book gave us The Terrible Tup, though.
>>
>>45338597
I ain't the one what wrote it, JJ is.

Do note that she also collects dinosaurs and one of her skills is listed as 'stabby' and fuck I hate lolsorandom characters, especially ones people are meant to take seriously.

Jacobs delenda est.
>>
>>45338627
>one of her skills is listed as 'stabby'

So is Merisiel, actually. Go into her "Ask Merisiel" thread, and count how many replies are "lol stab" or "I don't like youSTAB" or some variant thereof.
>>
Guys this is important setting fluff I need to know:

Could I, theoretically, seduce a goddess?
>>
>>45338642
I have enough exposure to people and concepts I hate in these threads without willingly subjecting myself to more, anon-kun-san.
>>
>>45338580
Wasn't there something something about her being petrified and put in a storage closet once? I know her adoptive mother was petrified, but I think I remember reading somewhere that Shensen was too, for a period of time until she was found by her allies and unpetrified.
>>
>>45338646
Theoretically, yes. How hard it will be probably varies on a scale of Lamashtu to Pharasma.
>>
>>45338619
Because she's literally an incompetent, brainless fucktoy who's too retarded to even realize she's being manipulated, and her entire method of getting out of trouble is smiling and going "Lemme zuck ya dick"
>>
>>45338646
>Could I, theoretically, seduce a goddess?

Casandalee is an Iron Goddess and she's basically Cortana.

Shelyn is willing to offer rewards to those who perform great acts of selflessness, love and kindness to release a soul from her cursed glaive. What this reward is can be ambiguous, but it's insinuated it could be anything from receiving a kiss, being given a name and location for your "ultimate soul mate", or even laying with the goddess.

Expanding on this, technically every goddess is open to seduction, since a trait in Wrath of the Righteous confirms you can be a "child" of a god or goddess.
>>
>>45338691
Gonna need some proof of all that before you start throwing literally around desu senpai
>>
>>45338666
Well Satan, that's actually where you meet her in Hell's Rebs. You find the Shensen statue in Barney Thrune's closet. You could theoretically just ignore it as being one of his weird fetishes and never interact with Shensen.
>>
File: tearthem.png (1022 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tearthem.png
1022 KB, 1366x768
>>45338646
I have a similar question, but it's less about seduction and more about how much damage do I need to be able to deal in order to bypass all that bullshit plot-handwave "invulnerability" that they all have.

Like, at what point does reality finally bend over, beg for me to stop with a tears in her eyes, and start whimpering and wetting herself that she'll collapse that plane, gods and angels and everything in it, if I just please don't shoot it all in her.

Is that what it takes? Because I need what it takes, and I need it in about two sessions at the most.
>>
File: 1448378994258.png (39 KB, 368x388) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448378994258.png
39 KB, 368x388
>>45338666
>Wasn't there something something about her being petrified and put in a storage closet once?

Satan, are you literally telling me Shensen was a RealDoll?
>>
>>45338717
>bypass all that bullshit plot-handwave "invulnerability"

>bypass
>plot-handwave

Don't think so chief.
>>
File: AygEw9A.jpg (321 KB, 850x1360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
AygEw9A.jpg
321 KB, 850x1360
>>45338555
Uh, you know that Shensen has Versatile Performance for sing, right?

Which lets her use Perform (sing) for Bluff and Sense Motive...
>>
>>45338688
Well, Pharasma does have that brooding goth thing going, but we'll say any of the Good ones work for these purposes.

I'm not talking about like, Mythic level 30 "I roll Charisma check to seduce the god" bullshit, I'm saying like actually smooth talking your way into Desna's pants.

And supposing that happened, how would you go about doing it? Like, there must be a way for the god themselves to actually manifest in such a way that it's their actual being contained within a mortal form, and not just an avatar or something.

>>45338706
>since a trait in Wrath of the Righteous confirms you can be a "child" of a god or goddess.
Yeah, but that's more ambiguous, probably implying there's some divine touch in the bloodline, not necessarily someone jizzing into goddess-womb.

Like Tieflings.
>>
File: shensen profile.png (252 KB, 384x465) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shensen profile.png
252 KB, 384x465
>>45338646
Of course.

Touched by Divinity campaign trait for Wrath of the Righteous LITERALLY makes you the child of a god or goddess. So it can obviously happen, you just need to find the one to make it happen with.

>>45338666
That's what happens in Hell's Rebels, but it wasn't a closet, oh no.

Apparently, around when Bazzy showed up, Shensen fucked up one too many times and he caught her. Presumably she tried seducing him or something. So rather than kill her, he Flesh To Stone'd her with a cockatrice, and then put her up in his personal quarters in the Kintargo opera house as a statue on a wooden platform.

It is a statue, I will note, that has her on her knees.

Pic related, it's her when unpetrified. She has like three different artists, one on the cover by WAR, one with her statblock in the back, and this one.
>>
>>45338707
Seven
Fucking
Wisdom

Level 12 Character
+5 to +8 Will Save

LITERALLY zero willpower and easily dominated as fuck, has no notable social ability aside from Diplomacy (NOT EVEN SENSE MOTIVE, AND SHE HAS FUCKING 7 WIS). One Dominate Person, and she's yours forever. Or, y'know, literally any other spell at all that targets Will.
>>
>>45338757
>It is a statue, I will note, that has her on her knees.

That is a pretty humiliating way to be petrified.

I wonder how many college kids posed in front of her.
>>
>>45338775
K, but I'm still not seeing any proof 'bout that fucktoy stuff. Gonna have to assume that's some serious projection and move on.
>>
>>45338775
>>45338691
This arouses me far more than it should.

Oh god I'm glad I'll never get a chance to be a player, I would do terrible things.
>>
File: 1417709639254.png (2 MB, 860x909) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417709639254.png
2 MB, 860x909
>>45338746
Come on. In ALL of d20, THE system known for "ACTUALLY, GM, My spell lets me" beyond all reason, there's not one fucking thing we can equip that isn't "I am jesus yamato, gundam of the freedoms" plot crap that will let one shut an asshole up for once by doing the nasty numericals against an asshole's DMPC?

I refuse to believe that.
Help me murder demigods - though just to be absolutely certain let's make it good enough to murder greater conceptual types like AO or the like as well. Just to be sure.

I want to solve something with damage dice for once in my fucking life, rather than have the solution literally done in front of me like some episode of "Special Agent Oso"

Help me autisms. You're my only hope.
>>
>>45338775
See >>45338747

She has Versatile Performance for dance and sing.
>>
>>45338807


Oso means bear
>>
>>45338800
Her profession is, literally a courtesan. You are aware of what that entails, and that her purpose for it is to get information on nobles?

That her job is actually, literally to fuck nobles and get them to tell her stuff that's important during it?

Because it is. That's in her backstory.
>>
>>45338807
>I want to solve something with damage dice for once in my fucking life
If it doesn't have a statblock that has hitpoints, you won't be using damage dice to kill it, anon.

If you want to do the highest possible damage, it's something like 11,000 in one round at the top end of Mythic, but that doesn't mean anything if your target doesn't have hit points.

>>45338813
Wouldn't she actually need to be singing to use that?
>>
>>45338840
Yes, but that doesn't make her an incompetent brainless fucktoy whose entire method of getting out of trouble is sucking dick.
>>
>>45338855
>Wis 7
>Cha 24

Yeah, kinda does
>>
>>45338846

No, you don't need to be singing for that. It just lets you sub in the skill because you are a very clever person at using similar skills.
>>
>>45338867
Projectin'.

I hate the character as much as you do, but your argument is super shitty
>>
>>45338846
>Wouldn't she actually need to be singing to use that?
Maybe her performance is gargling semen to various showtunes?
>>
>>45338855
She's a socially incompetent person with no real wisdom at all, and shit saves, with her job being to fuck information out of people despite being incapable of telling when someone lies or being able to bluff.

So, yeah, that's kinda exactly the case.
>>
>>45338717

I don't think the gods being set up to be nigh impossible to kill for mortals is bullshit. Some settings have gods you can kill by hitting them with an axe enough times and some have gods where finding a way to kill them is an entire epic level campaign. Pathfinder has the latter
>>
>>45338754
Gods have a physical form. It usually resides somewhere in the outer planes, wherever the particular god's domain is, but there's nothing stopping them from traveling to the material plane. Hell, Rovagug is literally under your feet- really far under your feet, but he's there.

>>45338757
On her knees like sucking a dick, or on her knees like begging for mercy? Assuming for a moment that the two aren't the same thing in this situation.
>>
>>45338803
It's great. I know a person who plays low-wis characters and gets off on it. Cute as fuck person, too.
>>
>>45338519
Would you rather choose,
16/16/11/11
or
14/14/9/9/9?

desu, I'm rather curious. Never been in a campaign that lasted past lower levels so i wouldn't know what the monsters are like AC-wise.
>>
>>45338855

She's constantly getting into trouble and it's explicitly mentioned her only way of getting out of it is usually through the help of a friend or ally. This implies she's incapable of getting out of most situations by herself, which considering what she's *trying to do* suggests a level of incompetency.

Furthermore, what she's trying to do is more than just "be a courtesan." Her methods are to start a racy affair with a noble, extract what information she can from them, and then use that as blackmail. She isn't sneaking into offices while the guy's asleep, she isn't bribing servants to keep an eye on the guy between "sessions." She is seducing people, fucking them, and then getting involved in pillow talk.

>>45338896
>On her knees like sucking a dick, or on her knees like begging for mercy? Assuming for a moment that the two aren't the same thing in this situation.

Probably on her knees begging for mercy, the "please sir, I'll suck your dick if you let me out" thing is dumb and only real in pornos or hentai.
>>
>>45338910
Personally I'd rather 16/16/11/11 but I tend to be super cautious with regards to things like attack rolls.
>>
>>45338898
Anon that's very lewd but also I would play in that group specifically to dominate that player
>>
>>45338867
>So, like, Imma pump you for information right?
>Uh, yeah sure, why not
>So, like, um
>Less talking more sucking
>OKAY!
>. . . .
>mmmmf ff mmph mm mmmmm m mm mmm mm m m m mmm mmmmmm m m mmm mmm m?
>just spread your legs
>mmKAY! Teehee! Now you're gonna tell me the ... patrol pattern of... troupes? Was that what they said? Oh! the patrols of troops!
>Acually I was gonna fuck you till you pass out, doesn't that sound more fun?
>IT SURE DOES! Boy, I never meet someone who likes to fuck as much as I do on a tuesday afternoon!
>>
>>45338915
>the "please sir, I'll suck your dick if you let me out" thing is dumb and only real in pornos or hentai

Thank you, I needed that to explain why exactly the whole dick sucking argument annoyed me so much.
>>
File: 1378331328584.png (33 KB, 298x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1378331328584.png
33 KB, 298x300
>>45338803
>>45338898
>>45338926

Storytime? I want to hear about some of these characters and situations they got in.
>>
>>45338888
We're mythic though, if that helps.
But we're trudging along as only some "chosen one" that's no one actually in the party gets to decapitate them left and right, while we're "being useful because we can use aid another and buffs".

I suspect the DMPC is a lesser god, not a demi, but what I really want to do is make his owner cry.
>>
>>45338926
That position is already taken. BDSM is a wonderful thing, aint it?

>>45338955
Sadly, no. I don't think it'd be a good idea.
>>
File: Gif.gif (21 KB, 455x364) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Gif.gif
21 KB, 455x364
>>45338933
Yeah, I'm into it.
>>
File: awful.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
awful.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>45338940
Which is why we don't like JJ's character.
Because somehow she's been doing that, and somehow it's been working too.
>>
>>45338975
I just don't like her because she's a shitty rulebreaking character without feeling the need to overlay dumb porno scenarios or >>45338933.
>>
>>45338896
>On her knees like sucking a dick, or on her knees like begging for mercy?
On her knees with a horrified expression on her face, and a scimitar in one hand.

So option 3, possibly with similarities to options 1 and 2.

Were I to make a guess, I'd say she was doing her seduction and blackmail thing, he caught her, she went to defend herself, and he cockatrice'd her.

>>45338855
Not the anon you're replying to, but she is described as friendly and artistic, but also prone, as was noted upthread, to "impulsive choices" and "emotional outbursts".

She is "easily distracted", particularly by shiny things like bright-colour reptiles or polished swords, and has extremely expensive habits that she keeps herself with connections to the black market and criminal underworld for.

Her standard method of seduction involves seducing a noble, then using them during pillow talk to learn secrets, and subsequently use that for blackmail.

And yes, often she has her allies bail her out of trouble when things go wrong, and Jacobs has implied that it happens relatively often.

Whether you want to parlay this into "brainless fucktoy" I'm not sure, because she is relatively intelligent with INT 15, and she is quite attractive at CHA 24, but I would not say she is at all suited to the work she's trying to do.
>>
>>45338975
>Because somehow she's been doing that, and somehow it's been working too.

She hasn't been doing that though, you're projecting.

Yes she's an idiot that thinks working a cock will liberate San Francisco, but it takes a serious leap of logic or a severe problem with understanding how emotions work to think anyone's first reaction to "I will kill you" is "maybe if I suck his dick he'll let me go?"

It doesn't work like that in real life.
>>
>>45339005
>It doesn't work like that in real life.

Golarion is not real life, Anon. Golarion is a place where an entire church of people get magical powers because they wear yellow stripper clothes.
>>
>>45339020
Based Calistria, supplying us with lewd nuns.
>>
>>45338998
>Whether you want to parlay this into "brainless fucktoy" I'm not sure, because she is relatively intelligent with INT 15, and she is quite attractive at CHA 24, but I would not say she is at all suited to the work she's trying to do.

Expanding on this, Shensen is bright but severely lacking in impulse-control or common sense, this is represented by her 7 Wisdom. She isn't a brainless fucktoy, she's a College sororislut. She has better ways to subvery the Chelish hegemony, but she enjoys the thrill of seduction and probably the act of sex, so instead of going for what makes *sense*, she goes for what *feels good.*

This is a traditional low Wisdom thing, going for what you want over what you need.
>>
>>45339005
No one said she was realistic. She's a fucking half-full-elf half-full-other-elf for crying out loud.

We're talking about how she's written and described, not how women with below average wisdom would act if faced with angry mall cops.

Because if we WERE I'd have to inform you of just how wrong you really are.....
>>
>>45338998
Several times when her allies have bailed her out, resurrection and raise dead spells were apparently required. So yeah.
>>
>>45339079
I'm surprised JJ didn't use that as an excuse to reincarnate another fat stack of racial bonuses onto his little abomination.
>>
>>45338807
The problem with "ACTUALLY, GM, My spell lets me" is that the counter is "ACTUALLY, PC, Your spell doesn't for X reason". Plotanium armor is invulnerable and grants arbitrarily high saves, DR, energy resistance, AC, and free rerolls until it's a 20. The only way to get through it is to take it off or to get your DM to stop being a cunt with his DMPCs.
>>
>>45339079
Indeed.
>It takes a serious leap of logic or a severe problem with understanding how emotions work
I believe it was?
She's gotten herself KILLED doing this shit
>>
>>45339109
>"How did this even happen? She told us she's got Int 15!"
>"There's a 5 in it, but it ain't fifteen"
>"Well what is it then?
>"FIVE"
>>
File: 028.png (846 KB, 852x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
028.png
846 KB, 852x1080
Why does this AP need Razelago the accuser devil as a middle man Mr. Johnson when the PCs could just work for the baron directly?
>>
Making a rock-n-roll/metal inspired dhampir bard cohort for an evil campaign, could use some advice. Cohort is level 5, for the record.

-What are some good feats for bards?
-Is the Dirge Bard archetype any good? Any good when there's a necromancer cleric in the party? Are any other bard archetypes worth looking at if the cohort's focus is on pure support and some face/knowledge skills?
>Are any of the Bard Masterpieces worth taking a look at?
>>
>>45339131

He's probably a recurring character while the baron is just for this book.
>>
>>45339109
Because only mental stats carry over and only physical stats change.
>>
File: shensen.webm.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shensen.webm.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>45338940
Porn you say?
>>
>>45339117
Suddenly, my mind is filled with Fatalpulse doujins.

>Dumb wannabe-rebel slut that will go down on any noble who she thinks knows something, only for her to be killed on the job and brought back by her friends

It's like, no matter how hard you abuse her, even if she dies, she's just gonna come back the next day.

There's no way every single rich person in the city doesn't know about her.
>>
File: 1392283698269.jpg (85 KB, 550x550) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1392283698269.jpg
85 KB, 550x550
Alright lads, give it to me straight.

What do you have to say about Hell's Vengeance, Book 1? Anything you like, anything you don't, anything that interests or concerns you? What are some examples of evil that really stand out to you?
>>
>>45339141
This is why I miss hackmaster's diminished rites rezzes.

CON -1!
Returned to life!
System Shock check!
Survived!
Welcome back to life!
You got:
PARAPLEGIA
AND
RUSH JET
>>
>>45339056

>Implying you can get out of trouble if you know how to suck dick.
>>
>>45338888
Pretty sure Ysdersius, the serpent god, was beheaded by a nonmythic martial. Didn't die though. Just has a skull head.
>>
>>45339196
>Just has a skull head.

The body's in the darkest depths of the Underdark, thrashing blindly.

That nonmythic martial was also straight up wearing bikini armor when she did it.
>>
>>45339207
That's because it provides the best protection.
>>
File: 1445340754484.jpg (186 KB, 732x706) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445340754484.jpg
186 KB, 732x706
>>45339227

>WOOOMB sound effect

Every time.
>>
File: 093.png (803 KB, 852x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
093.png
803 KB, 852x1080
>>45339140
No, the BARON is the recurring character who lasts until book 3.
>>
>>45339161
I sort of did this to her when my group played. Planned to subvert the game with LE cleric of Ardad Lili, caught the elf bimbo and turned her into my priestesses plaything. So nice to have Breath of Life and Regenerate on hand. At the end of the campaign Kintargo was right where it belonged and there would soon be a new population of tiefling puppygirls and boys thanks to Shensen and my pet hellhounds.
>>
>>45339192
holy shit you have no idea do you.
holy crap.
that's... I don't think you're allowed on this board under 13.
>>
>>45339141
What I'm saying is that I'm surprised he didn't go 'well she was reincarnated into basically every race with a positive mental stat modifier at some point and keeps all those bonuses but none of the penalties because reincarnate'.
>>
>>45339196
>>45339207

Ydersius was beheaded by Savith. She was a Fighter 20 / Champion 6.

So yeah, she was mythic.
>>
>>45339116
Those GM's are the kind that cause me to get stuff banned. You turn all the creatures in a forest into Psions one time and they never let you live it down...

But also why all my Demiplanes are limited to non-divine magics. Because the Gods can stay out of my Treehouse.
>>
>>45339341
The event was written prior to the mythic rules. So she was originally not mythic. They just retconned it.
>>
>>45339362
As far as I know, she wasn't statted until Mythic came around anyway.
>>
>>45339246

> those fucking railroad binding rituals

Why the hell would PCs make infernal contracts and swear allegiance to a house that without PCs will fall, by looking at the adventure synopsis?
>>
>>45339362
So prior to mythic you didn't even need it huh.
>>
>>45339400
Prior to mythic they just called it "epic level" similarly to how they called Tar-Baphon "epic level lich".
>>
>>45339400
>>45339391
Yeah they gave stats in mythic but before that it looked more like any schmuck st 20th level could probably kill a god. Even Lamashtu was just a badass demon before she stole divinity from the guy before her.
>>
>>45335793
> Half the shits we give isn't in the mechanics, but whether we like the people behind them.

Well that's depressing. I'd been rather relying on you folks for mechanical feedback; you provide it fast and honest.

>>45335808
Nah, you're fine anon. It's a legitimate concern.

The stuff that gets shared to /pfg/ early generally gets shared for one of the following reasons.

> It was your idea
Ethumions & Eiremians, for instance, would never have been written without /pfg/, so when they /got/ written, we wanted to show the end result of the idea to you.

> Stuff here stays mostly contained
This is the one that's gonna make me sound like a heartless asshole, but during those times when we're drinking steadily while staring at our work and wondering where it all went so wrong, /pfg/ is often helpful - or, rather, feedback from readers is often helpful. And for some odd reason, the things we share here tend to /stay/ here.

Like, we're not trusting you to keep our DARK SECRETS, 'cause ya don't, but a lot of times if we share a bit of content here early, it just sorta quietly never leaves. Those few times when it /does/ are worth handling so we can get un-stuck on a thing.

> Someone on the team is excited about a thing and uses the above as an excuse
I have nothing else to say on this one, we are hyperactive little girls and we want to show off our macaroni art sometimes.

In general, we don't write on commish. We /do/ keep our audiences' wants and needs in mind when it comes to what we're planning next and what books we approve vs. what books we shoot down, but ain't nobody here making enough money out of this to write something they hate. I'm staring down the barrel of some of that from the GoFundMe already, I don't need more of it in my life.

On my end, yeah, /pfg/'s been welcoming, and a little concerning, but mostly welcoming. You've certainly been friendlier than my native forum! (continued, god why)
>>
File: snwld1T.jpg (814 KB, 880x2400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
snwld1T.jpg
814 KB, 880x2400
>>45339433
DSP's gotten this far on a reputation of quality and integrity. It's been my feeling - sometimes argued vigorously in internal - that without that reputation, we wouldn't be able to spin a clipped penny, god forbid publish. It's been nice getting confirmation of that here, but if you have concerns like the one you just voiced, please, voice 'em. If you don't think those concerns are welcome on /pfg/, hit me up in a PM someplace.

I like to think I'm workin' for upstanding folks. If there's a disagreement on that, I wanna hear it. Y'know?

Thanks for your time and your readership. Aaaand for reading my long-ass double post, jesus fuck why.

Afternoon, /pfg/.
>>
>>45339433
That's okay, I thought y'all were here for mechanical feedback and to shit post anonymously with that vox hussy.
>>
>>45339433
Does a Psychic Armory's blade thing count as a thrown weapon?
>>
What's the best way to deal with curses as a non-caster? Wands of remove curse seem impractical because it's a CL dependent spell, and I don't really see any magic items that can outright solve that problem.

GM introduced an NPC who is throwing out bestow curse with a 25+ DC, so making the save isn't really a reliable tactic.
>>
>>45339163
It's shit.
>>
>>45339486
>>45339433
Mornin' Gareth.

Personally my thoughts are that a) new martial stuff is more fun than new caster stuff, especially modular point buy stuff which I'm suspicious of because it never seems to turn into anything but an unbalanced broken mess (disclaimer, have not actually played with spheres) and b) interacting with you guys makes it feel less like feedback is shouting into the void, which is usually a problem with game development at all levels.

'Course, the system ain't perfect for reasons, but you guys have been good and patient and open about your development process which is something I value, both as a consumer and aspiring developer myself.
>>
>>45339550
Scrolls would probably be better, you really shouldn't need 50 uses of remove curse.
>>
>>45339538
It is a thrown weapon.
>>
>>45339570
Fucking awesome. I know how to truly do Gilgamesh, then.
>>
>>45339550
A Periapt of Protection from Curses will give you advantage on saving throws against them, which isn't the best but is something.

Have you talked to your GM? He might be trying to hamfistedly use them as a plot hook if they're that hard to resist.
>>
>>45335264
Rate my character?
> Paizo stuff only
> Replacing archer for melee Brute due to change in Player roster. I am now the frontline
> 25 point-buy / Level 10 / Mythic Rank 2 / 36k gp budget

Hektor, Half-Orc Fighter 7 / Vivisectionist 3
22** / 14 / 16 / 16* / 12 / 9
** > Belt of STR / Mythic 2's +2 bonus
* > Headband of Intellect (Know. Nature)

> Feats:
Weapon Focus (Greatsword)
Dazzling Display
Brew Potion
Throw Anything
Dramatic Display (Performance)
Savage Display (Performance)
Performing Combatant
Masterful Display
Vital Strike (Made Mythic)
Power Attack (Made Mythic)
Skill Focus (Perform: Act)

> Racial Traits / Actual Traits
Darkvision 60ft
+2 Intimidate
+1 All saves (plus cool tatoos)
+2 Know: Local
+1 Will
Perform (Act) is a class skill, +1

> Class abilities
Bravery +2
Armor Training +2
Weapon Training (Hvy Blades)
2d6 Sneak Attack
Mutagen (Mostly always STR)
Discovery (Extra Arm)
Posion Resist / Use / Alchemy
Swift Alchemy

> Equipments
+1 Shock Weapon (been facing Devils, auto-triggers performance checks for +2 to hit, +1d6 non-precision damage)
+1 Full Plate
+1 Shield with a Sconce
+1 Ring of Protection +1
+2 Cloak of Resist
3 x Cracked Magenta Prism
Handy Haversack
Ring of Sustenance
Random mundane stuff

> Note: Modifier to Perform: Act is +19 which means I auto-succeed at getting Masterful / Dramatic / Savage Display to trigger no matter the type of battle.

Ideas?
>>
File: 056.png (733 KB, 852x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
056.png
733 KB, 852x1080
>the final battle of Book 1 is just a level 5 paladin on 15pb with a shitty pitfall trap

Why?
>>
>>45339603
It's less "imma beat the shit out of this NPC" and more "this is something I should keep in mind for the future". Though I am going to beat the shit out of that NPC at some point, but I'm pragmatic enough not to charge my level 6 character into something with a DC 25 bestow curse that effectively cripples you until you get it cured.

My GM is also not the type to make unstoppable DMPCs, and usually rewards cleverness, so failing any official solutions I'm sure there is a more creative way to solve the problem since it seems to be from a gaze attack.
>>
>>45339637
>paladin
>evil PCs
Plus by that level you're probably not going to make a DC 20 reflex save. Also, remember that the PCs are supposed to be using 15pb as well for these APs, people using 20pb isn't the standard.
>>
>>45339550
Martial Study (any Iron Heart maneuver) + a 3000gp Novice Iron Heart Vest containing Iron Heart Surge.
>>
>>45339707
You mean Riven Hourglass.
>>
File: 1450867095810-1.png (106 KB, 500x450) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450867095810-1.png
106 KB, 500x450
>>45339637
>Visserene is quick to point out that Iomedae is the goddess of strategy, not stupidity

>Visserene has great faith in her allies and, even if she hears skirmishes outside, she holds her place here in the shrine, trusting her hound archon ally Aericad (see area J9) to help protect the Court and her followers.

>>45339701
Four level 3-4 PCs can gank a level 5 paladin.
>>
>>45339731
That's what the pit trap is for.
>>
>>45339637
Let's see her statblock. A paladin against evil characters could be hitting substantially harder than a CR equivalent creature, probably has 1 PC already 40ft down a pit at the start of the fight, and possibly has a hound archon with her. I don't like that it's swingy and really heavily variable but it has the potential for a deadly encounter.
>>
>>45339731
She is ganking THEM though. Kind of an important difference.
>>
File: Gilgamesh.jpg (21 KB, 432x266) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Gilgamesh.jpg
21 KB, 432x266
>>45339589
>mfw when mongrels think they can be the king of heroes.
>>
File: img000006.png (289 KB, 768x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img000006.png
289 KB, 768x1200
>>45339855
>implying
>>
File: 1454769181292.png (52 KB, 470x359) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1454769181292.png
52 KB, 470x359
>GM puts an extremely powerful gun in the loot pile, blows everyone out of the water
>Uses special armor-penetrating ammo
>There is no ammo for it in the loot pile
>It's so expensive that no merchant wants to take the risk buying it, some can't even afford it
>Can't find anywhere to buy the ammo or the materials to craft it
>Ammo is too complicated for Abundant Ammunition and similar spells to work
>>
>tfw I was looking forward to being a hellknight of the godclaw
>tfw they seemed the least crazy out of the bunch
>tfw the 1st AP of HV has them destroyed

Ruined before I even began.
>>
>>45339623
>Level 10 / 36k gp budget
What did you do with the rest 26k?
>>
File: 060.png (779 KB, 852x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
060.png
779 KB, 852x1080
>>45339814
>>45339826
The hound archon is probably dead already, the PCs are bound to notice the pit trap and/or avoid it, and Smite Evil's only going to help against one PC.

She also has only 14 Cha.
>>
File: 1449084519465.jpg (78 KB, 252x252) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449084519465.jpg
78 KB, 252x252
>>45339899
Alright, and?
>>
>>45339899
That's the point at which you try to magically destroy it and see if the GM lets you or not.
>>
>>45339661
What I was suggesting was that the GM was gonna get you cursed and have a plot hook to get uncursed, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
>>
>>45339920
> Weapon 8k
> Cloak 4k
> Armor 2.7k
> Shield 1.1k
> Belt 4k
> Headband 4k
> Ioun Stones 2.4k
> Ring 2k
> Handy Haversack 2k
> Ring of Sustenance 2.5k

That's 32.7k. Rest is in mundane items, potions I can't make (got half a dozen of potions of lesser restoration made by a paladin, so worth 50gp), currency and other consumables mostly.
>>
>>45339928
>+1 keen longsword to use Power Attack one-handed with a heavy shield in the other hand

>I see you have mastered the legendary mook style techniques
>>
>>45339920

Regarding >>45340081, Weapon is actually 8.35k, this subtotal is 33k, but I'm sure you now get the idea.
>>
Newly breadly threadly:

>>45340113
>>45340113
>>45340113
>>45340113
>>
>>45339334
>only physical stats change
Reincarnate into Orc for the +4 Str at no penalty, then.
>>
>>45338846
>>45338879
>>45338882

Naw guys, what she does is trick them into a musical number, ala Disney movie, and get them to spill all their secrets and man-milk while under the effects of the song.
>>
>>45339928
>act with honor (not lying, not cheating, not using poison, and so forth)
>traps
>>
>>45339131
He's a filthy fly devil AND a ginger? Disgusting.
>>
>>45339362
She originally didn't have a statblock at all, so you can't claim with any proof that she was originally not mythic. That's like saying Demon Lords originally had a CR under 20 before they were statted out.
>>
>>45338415
>As a chosen one, does the player make up the reason why he's selected or is that up to the DM?
Ideally, the player and DM collaborate on this.
>Also, how much story is too much for people related to the the player's character?
A pc's personal arc should figure in to an overarching situation that involves the entire party.
>>
>>45339397
Because Abrogail is cute. CUTE!
Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 48
Thread DB ID: 511166



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.