[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG April Banned List Speculation: Modern: Eye of Ugin, Chalice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 11

File: banned.jpg (28KB, 520x306px) Image search: [Google]
banned.jpg
28KB, 520x306px
MTG April Banned List Speculation:

Modern: Eye of Ugin, Chalice of the Void, and Batterskull banned. Stoneforge Mystic, Ancestral Vision, Splinter Twin, and Deathrite Shaman unbanned.

Legacy: No changes

Vintage: No changes

EDH/Commander: Seedborn Muse banned. Tasigur, the Golden Fang banned as a general.
>>
>>45328882
>Splinter Twin, and Deathrite Shaman unbanned.

wat
>>
>>45328882
Why the fuck would you ban Tasigur and not Derevi? You're full of shit.
>>
>>45331070
So is the whole game
>>
>>45328882
>Tasigur, the Golden Fang banned as a general.
They don't do that anymore, there's only 1 banlist. Also, it's not THAT good.

Seedborn is also safe. Prophet gave flash to creatures and essentially gave you free turns. Seedborn is much harder to take advantage of.

I like to think stoneforge will get unbanned. Maybe bloodbraid elf too. Heck, maybe even Jace, no meme intended.

I really, really doubt it for ancestral visions, though. They banned treasure cruise because draw 3 for blue is OP, and that hasn't changed.
>>
>>45331652
Did you seriously compare Vision to Cruise? What??? Seriously, Vision is closer in power level to Divination than it is to Cruise. Yes, Cruise is just that broken.
>>
>Tasigur, the Golden Fang banned as a general.

Is he that good as a general?
>>
>>banning tasigur before iona, damia, mizzix, narset

tasigur is even fun.
>>
>>45328882

>batterskull banned
>deathrite shaman unbanned

u wot m8

i doubt even chalice gets banned. probably just eye of ugin if eldrazi keeps raping everything like that poorly drawn picture i saw on rule34 one time
>>
>Banning cards from EDH that were designed only to be played in EDH and kitchen table
>>
>>45328882

Look at this fucking retard

>>45331186

Nowthatswhaticalledgy43.gif
>>
>>45332721
Batterskull banned to balance Stobefore

-OP
>>
File: misty.jpg (48KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
misty.jpg
48KB, 312x445px
>>45328882
>Modern: Eye of Ugin, Chalice of the Void, and Batterskull banned. Stoneforge Mystic, Ancestral Vision, Splinter Twin, and Deathrite Shaman unbanned.
This will never happen.

What I expect is an Eldrazi Temple ban, although like this article shows: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/how-build/how-tweak-pro-tour-decks-2016-02-09 WotC does seem to think (or want people to think) that the meta can adapt to Eldrazi.

In a perfect world they would do this:
Modern:
Ban Eye of Ugin

Unban
Stoneforge Mystic
Ancestral Vision
Bloodbraid Elf
Green Sun's Zenith
Seething Song

Legacy:
Ban Terminus

With all those new cards Modern might need some reprints, but it would be much better than the shitheap of a format we currently have.
>>
>>45333414
>GSZ
>Seething Song
In a perfect world those would stay on the banned list, m8
>>
>>45328882

>Chalice of the Void

Why? Chalice can go in a wide variety of decks. Eye of Ugin is the problem.

Also would Stoneforge + Batterskull actually harm the current meta? Thought-Knot could remove whatever Stoneforge dug up, but if the Eldrazi player already played Thought-Knot and exiled something else, Batterskull would give them a very, very bad day.
>>
>>45333463
GSZ will make Hatebears an actually good deck, and Song makes Ascension Storm and Ritual Gifts viable.

The format needs some kind of fast combo to keep all the aggro in check, and Storm is easier to hate out than Eggs or Amulet Bloom.
>>
>>45333513

You know what Song also helps?

DRAGONSTORM
>>
File: dindu_nuffin.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
dindu_nuffin.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>45333463
See, this guy >>45333535 knows why Modern needs Song back.
>>
>>45328882
Holy crap, some of these fucking cards are banned?

I don't play MtG, but isn't it kind of bullshit that these guys can sell you a bunch of cards, then tell you that you can't use some of them?

It's like, nigga, I bought these cards because they were worthwhile enough for you to publish, and now you're banning them?

I don't even play this game and that pisses me off. Wow.
>>
>>45333414
Terminus isn't the problem, Jace the Mind Sculptor is.
>>
>>45333414
No Lodestone Golem restriction for Vintage?
>>
>>45333907
Terminus lets Miracles shit on Aggro AND most Combo decks, breaking the sacred
Control counters Combo
Combo outraces Aggro
Aggro plays under Control
metagame wheel.

>>45333920
I don't follow Vintage enough to make judgements on it.
>>
>>45333513
GSZ and Song would also drive prices of Ascension, PiF, Dryad Arbor, and KoTR through the roof.
>>
>>45333958
WotC's absurd reprint policies are another issue.

In an ideal world Modern Masters would be a large print run every year, and Eternal Masters would be about as frequent as MM currently is.

The reserved list would be an old memory.
>>
>>45333998
Not even wizards is happy with the reserve list

What the fuck were they thinking.
>>
>>45334117
Keep in mind that MtG was released during the same Era that ebay first started and Beanie Baby collecting was all the rage.

WoTC most likely wanted Magic to compete with the craze that was Beanie Babies.
>>
>>45334174
Wow
Ebay is fucking old.
>>
>>45328882
>Splinter Twin, Deathrite Shaman unbanned

What drugs are you on? I want some.
>>
>>45335081
Splinter Twin never should have been banned to begin with. It's a very balancedifferent card.
>>
>>45335602
*balanced*. Dan autocorrect.
>>
>>45333414
>no sword of the meek unban
>>
>>45333513
>GSZ will make Hatebears an actually good deck
GSZ makes a 60 card pile an actually good deck. Demonic tutor is less breakable than that card.
>>
>>45335602
Twin with pestermite was one thing, but exarch doesn't die to bolt, requires extremely awkward counters, and makes the combo way too consistent. Twin combo nowadays is literally something that you can put into any mainboard that runs blue and/or red (you just need one shock of the other color and hold a fetch) for unexpected game one wins that can be optionally boarded out games 2/3.
>>
>>45328882
Deathrite Shaman cannot be unbanned. Bloodbraid Elf is what should be unbanned. The only reason Bloodbraid Elf was banned was because it got caught in the crossfire of how stupid a card Deathrite Shaman was.
>>
>>45333414
>Ban Terminus
Are you actually fucking serious? Goblins wins the last relevant event, sideboards exist, and you think Terminus is the problem? It doesn't even do anything in half of your games.
>>
>>45331904
Cruise is insane.
Better than recall in many not so far fetched situations
>>
>>45333611
You have a lot to learn about formats.
>>
>>45333907
>The one-mana instant-speed wrath that doesn't put things in the graveyard isn't the problem
>>
>>45335602
I don't think Twin was a balance ban, it was a "diversity" ban. Same reason why Stoneforge is banned and is going to stay that way; any deck in the right color(s) is instantly improved by including it, because the interaction is just that powerful.
>>
>>45336155
Eh, Terminus isn't that huge a deal for goblins, since they can drop a ringleader immediately after and flood the board again, and the cards going back into the deck means matron can just tutor them out again. The real reason Goblins doesn't win anymore is Deathrite Shaman. Miracles is a decent matchup.
>>
>>45333535
>>45333576
YOU MEAN THE BEST DECK EVER MADE!?
>>
>>45335602
In Modern with no banlist it ends up being that Seething Song stays banned and Glimpse of Nature stays banned.
>>
>>45328882
>Tasigur is broken

kek
>>
>>45337274

>Has to do more stuff for the same thing
>Sorcery speed
>Better

The ONLY situation where Cruise is better than Recall is when there is a Misdirect in play.
>>
>>45338743
Pretty much this and it dodges misdirection.
>>
>twin unbanned
hahahah
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
>WIZARDS ADMITTING THEY MADE MISTAKES
HAHHAAAAAAAAAAA
hah.
>>
>>45328882

You're objectively wrong.
>>
>>45328882
I can understand Twin being nerfed somehow, because even the prospect of its best line of play shapes your third turn.

Ban Eye of Ugin, ban Simian Spirit Guide, ban Urza's Tower makes sense if they want to neuter the fast mana decks, because then nobody can drop Chalice T1 and including it just gives you dead draws.

Unban Stoneforge Mystic/ban Batterskull, unban Splinter Twin/ban Deceiver Exarch and Village Bell-Ringer. Splinter Twin and Stoneforge are okay when the lines of play that made them difficult to beat are gone.

Ancestral Vision would only ever come off if and when they decide to kill Cascade for good. Kolaghan's Command would have to die for Best Elf's sins.
>>
>>45338743
also anything that cares about mana cost like mm or chalice
>>
>>45333920
Restricting lodestone would come too close to killing the archetype

>>45333949
The triangle works backwards in legacy. Aggro beats combo, combo beats control, control beats aggro. Generally at least.
>>
>>45334188
Ebay is one of the last companies from the dot com bubble
>>
>>45333949
lucky thing there's no such thing as an aggro deck in that format, and the only control deck is actually a combo deck
>>
>>45338743
Misdirection isn't why I said so, it's a bit, but not the 100%.
The 100% is
1. MM
2. Chalice.
Both very common.
Recall is better, yes, but in rather common scenarios cruise is better.
>>
>>45328882
>confusing Commander and Duel Commander
>>
>>45334117
Before Magic, most CCGs would go a few expansions, have some expensive cards, and then print them aggressively into the dirt until the game lost all value.

MTG, on the other hand, from almost right out of the gate was able to promise that your cards would retain value, and that buying cards for collection's sake wouldn't be pointless. It helped Magic get through that rough period early on, but now I'm pretty sure everyone feels like it's holding them back.
>>
>>45341805
see, this is the thing. everyone talks real big about how humongous magic is and how they rake in big cash and this and that and so on so forth. magic is way bigger than any other ccg, sure. compared to other businesses that don't have to have huge design and PR and art teams though? magic is a fraction of any given subsection of shitty star wars merchandise, for example. for all i know hasbro makes more money from monopoly than from magic. not even profit, I mean just how much they get regardless of how much money they have to put in. and they probably put in a lot less money, so the profit margins are even bigger right?

anyway the specific answer to “what was wizards thinking” is pretty simple. they were thinking, “oh shit we literally just got sued for piles of money, better make sure that doesn’t happen again”. i’m pretty curious how that law shit even works for collectors to be able to sue wizards for reprinting stuff. sounds absurd to me.

I think that it benefits the company to keep staples super expensive because it means they can rest easy that stuff like modern masters will be super high demand. sure, they could milk it more and make more money in the short term AND give the playerbase the cheaper cards that we all want. but it is probably an easy choice to not do that and sit on that insurance policy even if the format remains super expensive.

do you guys think that these kinds of big corps know what they are doing when it comes to niche shit like magic? i feel like in terms of making mtg more profitable, investment in modo would pay them back huge in the long term. wouldn’t it have to? they must make a lot of money off of modo already, but there’s just no way they are getting the quantity of new players and $$$ spenders on that platform that they would be if it wasn’t so legendarily shit tier.
>>
>>45337367

As literally this entire Standard has shown, Wizards doesn't actually care about cards being jammed into decks. Look at Kolaghan's Command, BtL, and Swiftspear.

Splinter Twin was banned because the wanted to shake things up for the Pro Tour, and Stoneforge is banned because it was dominant in Extended, and unbannings are practically fucking impossible for some reason.

Both of these reasons are essentially because Aaron Forscythe has his head up his ass and is incapable of admitting fault.

People seriously underestimate how bad the seniority and executive issues at WoTC are.
>>
>>45333414
>Ban terminus
Can't win against miracles, kid?
>>
>>45339634
>Splinter Twin and Stoneforge are okay when the lines of play that made them difficult to beat are gone.

>I don't like losing to combo decks

People like you are why Wizards bans combo decks. It's unhealthy for the format for it to be shaped this way. There has to be a way to keep decks honest.
>>
>>45342025
Oh they know exactly what they're doing. Having card prices consistently high actually makes the game more attractive, because it suggests the possibility of making money down the line. You see this on a low level with chase rares and mythics on a set-by-set basis as people with more money than sense open packs trying to get a $60 jace or whatever. It's the same concept on a larger scale with older cards, because it encourages speculation and buying lost of cards to hold onto the ones that may be valuable down the road.

Of course, it's all an illusion, and it's incredibly difficult to make any significant amount of money this way, but as long as the illusion is there, WotC's bottom line reaps the benefits.
>>
>>45342150
stoneforge is banned because it's an autoinclude in literally any white deck. in fact, if it was in the format, why would you ever not include white in any nonlinear deck ever? i don't understand why people want it unbanned. why would unbanning it make the format better?
>Look at Kolaghan's Command, BtL, and Swiftspear.
... what about them? lol

sometimes i read shit on here and i just wonder what people are even trying to say
>>
>>45342150
They don't care about diversity on that level in standard, because the format rotates naturally. Sure, Thragtusk was in every competitive deck when it was in standard, but it was only there for a year. Modern doesn't rotate, so a card like Stoneforge Mystic will always be the best thing you can be doing in White, and it only gets stronger as more artifacts are printed. Twin isn't on the same level, but it's the same concept.

I agree with you, they wanted to shake things up for the pro tour. The two statements aren't mutually exclusive. This is precisely the problem with Modern as a Pro Tour Format; The PT is a marketing tool, no more, no less. WotC doesn't give a shit about what happens during the tournament itself as long as people get excited about magic and buy packs. Splinter Twin has been a player in the metagame for as long as Modern has existed, and they needed to ensure that the metagame was shaken up, because that's what they do. The fact that it paved the way for decks packed full of cards from the newest set is icing on the cake.

You seem to be operating under the assumption that the DCI doesn't know what they're doing. They know exactly what they're doing, and they're very good at it. Despite all the complaints, Modern is the fastest-growing format in Magic by far. It's absolutely exploded in recent years. Hell, Aaron Forsythe basically warned that this shit would happen by keeping Modern as a PT format, but nobody payed any attention and bitched and moaned that they were "killing modern" until they reinstated it.
>>
>>45342302
Why is "a card is good enough that people want yo play it" a strike against a card
>>
>>45342436
There's a difference between "this is a good card" and "if you're not playing this you're doing it wrong".
>>
>>45342436
Because if Modern players accidentally got a taste of fun they'd remember what it felt like, realize how shit Modern is, and go do something else.
>>
>>45342436
The problem isn't that Stoneforge is "good enough that people want to play it." The problem is that Stoneforge is so good that everyone in white HAS to play it, or they're building their deck wrong, and even people not in white should strongly consider it. It's an easily splashable, 6(or less)-card package that instantly makes any non-combo deck in which it's included better.
>>
>>45328882
>EDH getting cards banned
LOL
>>
>>45342467
So by that measure we should ban lightning bolt, fetchlands, path to exile, snapcaster mage, and tarmogoyf?
>>
>>45342501
What is Prophet of Kruphix
>>
File: Secrte Tech.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Secrte Tech.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
This cheeky fucker needs a swift banning if I'm to be honestly fair.

You are all whining about Eye of Ugin being op while there are so many land destruction solutions.

There is literally no answer to this guy. He's not a land! How could you Crumble to Dust???
>>
>>45342496
Yeah, it's a card that goes into decks because its good. It's good enough to make any deck playing white. Its not overpowered, whats wrong with this.
>>
>>45342200
yeah, but the reserve list is only symbolically related to that. wizards makes money on new sets because there are valuable cards in them, yes, but that wouldn't stop happening if they reprinted ABUR duals. similarly, tarmogoyf doesn't need to be a $200 card for oath of the gatewatch to make them money.

or does it? i think the price of modern staples, and i guess to a lesser extent the existence of the reserve list, does help wizards because it sends a message. by not reprinting reserve list cards and by not reprinting the fuck out of expensive modern staples, they are telling everyone that the chase rares they open oath for or just the staples they trade for in general aren't going to suddenly lose their value because of a reprint. by keeping modern expensive by keeping modern masters (or other equivalent reprints of staples) rare and with low print runs they make sure all the impetus for acquiring new cards stays there.
>>
>>45342302
>what about them

They are in every single deck that runs their colours and objective. Thats literally my point.

People want it unbanned because they want to be able to play a deck that uses Stoneforge as an engine, an engine that isn't particularly stronger than any other in the format. You wouldn't run it if you didnt want to run an equipment centric white deck.

>>45342341
>Aaron Forsythe basically warned that this shit would happen by keeping Modern as a PT format,

Aaron Forscythe is literally the reason this is happening like this. Modern being a PT format doesn't mean we have to play ban roulette every year. It is literally only happening because the DCI wants it to happen, and is incapable of admitting it doesn't work.

Theres no reason or a fraction of the banlist to even be banned, and theres no reason for the PT to predicate bans, it's just what Forscythe wants.
>>
>>45342520
But anon, the PT top 8 didn't feature any copies of any of those cards :^)
>>
>>45342565
are you just one idiot, or do you have your stupid friends shitposting too?
>>
>>45342581
>Modern being a PT format doesn't mean we have to play ban roulette every year.

No, that's exactly why that happens. If Legacy or Vintage were pro tour formats, they'd experience the same shit. They've all but confirmed this themselves.
>>
>>45342467
>>45342581
are... are you two retarded? swiftspear is played in one deck. it's not a value creature. you're not doing anything wrong if you're not playing it. ??? like, did you mean some other card? young pyromancer maybe? nobody really plays that either.

kolaghan's command is definitely above average for a value spell. it's pretty average for modern in general. playing midrange without it is probably wrong because it is generally better than electrolyze. too bad midrange is dead eh?

and
>bring to light
ffucken people are too fast to talk about shit they clearly are not up to date with
at what point since this card came out did literally anyone think it was good in modern? holy shit

> Stoneforge as an engine
it's not an engine lmao
>>
File: When will they learn.png (864KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
When will they learn.png
864KB, 900x900px
>>45342602
Found the PumaBloomer player.
>>
>>45342496

You could make the same argument about Path or Tarmogoyf. The format has strong cards, deal with it.

Stoneforge is banned because of a rollover from a ban of a deck that wouldn't even be viable in Modern. I doubt even Batterskull would be enough to make StoneSwords a dominant engine.

You know what it would do though? It would introduce a new deck type into the format via a practically dead card type (equipment), which would greatly increase the competitive diversity of the format.

But no, Wizards is incapable of admitting fault, so instead we get "competitive diversity" through Eye of Ugin and banning Twin.
>>
>>45342565
Agreed. Printing Storm Crow at one less mana in a more aggressive color was a fucking stupid idea.
>>
>>45342579
>they make sure all the impetus for acquiring new cards stays there.
Precisely. Of course, they don't need the Reserve List to do that, and they've publicly agreed that it was a mistake, but the basic principle behind it is still in place. If they were to abolish the reserve list, they wouldn't suddenly start reprinting legacy staples en masse like some people seem to believe, it would just allow them to better support Legacy and Vintage instead of being largely forced to ignore them and let them die slow deaths/shift them to MTGO exclusively.
>>
>>45342642
i wouldnt worry about that anon, the eldrazi deck is overpowered as fuck and will definitely get banned out some way or another.

but i gotta say it really triggers me when u cucks say retarded shit like
>unbanning a card that will go into literally every deck in its color will increase the competitive diversity of the format
how can anyone think that lmao
>>
File: Wannabuysomedeathsticks.jpg (40KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
Wannabuysomedeathsticks.jpg
40KB, 200x285px
>>45342658
And storm crow dies to Rending Volley
How the fuck do you plan to Rending Volley a fucking RED card, huh?

Marky Rosenberg, pls ban!
>>
>>45342634

Are you trolling? Zoo and Burn being practically monobuilds doesn't mean that Swiftspear isn't an auto-include in all of them. If anything, you're proving my point by showing that Zoo and Burn are already monobuild decks.

Nobody cares about how much a card gets played by percentage, what matters is how dominant the card is in it's archetype. Stoneforge wouldn't be anywhere close to dominant in White, let alone taking over the format.

We already have tons of cards that get jammed in to decks, hell Jund and Burn are pretty close to being practically solved.
>>
>>45342674
>how can anyone think that lmao

The decks Stoneforge would fit in literally don't exist in the format, and White is dead as it is outside of Junk and support in Melira decks.

I have no idea how you think that bringing in a new archetype and reviving an entire colour wouldn't increase the diversity of the format.
>>
>>45342520
No, because you can play red without bolt (Tron, Living End), blue without snappy (Merfolk) and green without goyf (again Tron, Amulet Bloom before ban, Boggles, Hatebears, Scapeshift). Path is the best removal spell in Modern so that doesn't really count.
>>
>>45342800
Do you even read what you write? By that standard, stoneforge is fine because ad nausem and eggs wouldn't play it.
>>
>>45343026
Eggs isn't a deck and none of the decks I listed is an all-out combo deck with zero interaction.
>>
>>45342738
but it's not an auto-include in zoo LOL
seriously, are you retarded? did you even read the fucking card? prowess triggers on noncreature spells I seriously cannot fathom how anyone would think swiftspear would be good in that deck jesus christ im literally losing iq points just trying to think down to your level holy fuck

and that's all besides the point, the primary reason everything you're saying is literally meaningless. let us suppose it is an auto include in zoo, in addition to being played in burn. so what? you're literally complaining that some cards are better in some decks than any other card available to that deck. i don't really know what you thought but uh the reality is that no matter what they print that will be the case. there will be an ideal way to build a deck vs the meta, with maybe some flex slots sure but not often many. like if all it takes to trigger you is a new card being printed that gets played in TWO whole decks, i dont even know what to say lmao. clearly wizards should just never print anything modern playable ever again right?

>Nobody cares about how much a card gets played by percentage, what matters is how dominant the card is in it's archetype

yeah, bring to light sure is dominant in the archetype of uh... idk, retarded decks built by retards? lmao
>>
>>45342790
>The decks Stoneforge would fit in literally don't exist in the format
>white is dead
well uh right now idk if you noticed but literally every color is dead so I'm not too sure what your point is. you could unban literally ANYTHING on the banlist or add cards from older sets and "increase the diversity" of the format by edging out the OP as fuck eldrazi deck with another OP as fuck deck. prior to that, jund gained popularity over junk just because of kolaghan's command bring printed and its utility as a value spell and pre sideboard for the increasingly popular affinity threat. that's all it took, you know? stoneforge would make junk the stronger midrange deck by far, although that's not the problem with it - the problem is, if you are playing a nonlinear deck, why would you ever not add white for stoneforge?

in any case im not too sure why you think any of the things you do. of the top 8 decks at the pro tour, there is in fact a deck that would play stoneforge - the archangel of thune / spike feeder chord deck.
in terms of other decks at the pro tour, the more common melira / finks chord deck would obviously play it as well. there were a lot of people on that deck and probably some on kiki chord as well, and all three of those decks would obviously be just insane with stoneforge in them. so while right now is a rather unique point in time for modern, you're still hilariously incorrect about everything you just said.
>>
>>45343053
Really? Living End and Scapeshift aren't combo decks? Hatebears, a deck that is less than 1% of the meta, is SO REAL?

You sound about as intelligent as Wizard's meta advice regarding Eldrazi decks.
>>
>>45339066
They did it with Nacatl
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>45343214
>white is dead outside of junk and support for melira decks
>nuh uh, it was totally played in junk and melira!!!
>>
File: you.jpg (7KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
7KB, 259x195px
>>45343351
you uh, have reading problems too in addition to your crippling retardation? i didn't mention junk nor was there any junk at the pro tour. melira isn't played in the archangel of thune / spike feeder deck, and even if she were played in that deck I think it's hard to call white the support color when you have double white mana symbols on your spells.
>>
>>45341456
MM?
>>
>>45343341
WotC only unbans cards that will end up having 0 impact on the format.
>>
>>45343459
mental misstep
>>
twin was gay anyway. idk how u fags like a deck that just wins the game for free out of nowhere. id rather die to reality smasher like a man than get gayed the fuck out by some dumb combo
>>
>>45343448
>deck plays one white spell that isn't a combo piece or Path
>b-but the combo piece is double white!!
Speaking of which, absolutely love how Path arbitrarily doesn't count.
>>
>>45343564
wat

the deck runs 3 cards that aren't path or a combo piece in the mainboard
what does the number of white cards even have to do with anything?
what does path not count as?
really just, what point are you even trying to communicate?
will we ever be able to truly communicate with retard children?
>>
>>45343633
3 white cards, that aren't path or a combo piece
>>
>>45343633
I see, we're pretending to be retarded now. Let me try.

lmao wow
your entire post says nothing, nice
i guess you're really out of ideas now, better pretend you don't have a basic idea of how the game works?
i guess the spells a deck plays dont have anything to do with its color now or the role it plays now?
guess we'd better accept wizards flawless ban strats because archetypes are made up and colors dont mean anything

I hope you're happy, that hurt to write.
>>
>>45343790
again, wat? I'm just calling out the objecively incorrect shit you're saying, because i'm pretty lost about the overall point you're trying to make. for example, you said
>deck plays one white spell that isn't a combo piece or Path
and I said
>no, it runs 3

since you seem to be pretty lost about the topic overall, let me just summarize what we've said to each other so far. you started out by saying
>The decks Stoneforge would fit in literally don't exist in the format
to which i showed you three decks that performed well at the pro tour in which stoneforge would fit. you also said
>White is dead as it is outside of Junk and support in Melira decks.
which i thought was funny considering that nobody actually plays junk, but anyway i showed you that even though basically every color is dead right now since the top 8 decks are all blue/red eldrazi, colorless eldrazi, or green/white chord, there are decks that play white. your response was
>nuh uh, it was totally played in junk!!!
so i guess im not even sure why im arguing with a retard lol
>>
>>45343131
>you're literally complaining that some cards are better in some decks than any other card available to that deck

This is obviously bait, but you're the one complaining about this. Im making the case that this is already true. You're trying to tell me that Stoneforge would somehow be dominant and thats why its banned, Im saying that there are already plenty of dominant cards.

>retarded decks built by retards?

TIL Scapeshift doesn't exist.

> stoneforge would make junk the stronger midrange deck by far, although that's not the problem with it - the problem is, if you are playing a nonlinear deck, why would you ever not add white for stoneforge?

Junk wouldn't really want Stoneforge. You would have to cut 8-10 really efficient cards in exchange for a marginal engine that doesn't trade well and topdecks like shit. Thats against BGx's entire gameplan.

Melira decks would likely want it, but it would be more of a diversity/variety situation, in an archetype that has flexibility in everything down to it's wincon. Stoneforge is just so deck and resource intensive that it really has to power something out to be worth it.

The really best kept secret of this whole situation is that Stoneforge isn't a particularly good card. Its strong, sure, but not banning strong. The only reason it's banned is due to Caw-Blade in a completely different format, and even that was only dominant due to it's reliability and being backed up by JtMS.

Even with Jace backing it up, Caw-Blade wouldn't be particularly strong in Modern, and there isn't really anything (not even Batterskull) that Stoneforge can break. Equipment isn't great if it's not going to rush and win you the game, which is why we don't see Equipment in Modern like ever.
>>
>>45344407

whoops meant to add
>>45343214
>>
>>45344407
>You're trying to tell me that Stoneforge would somehow be dominant and thats why its banned, Im saying that there are already plenty of dominant cards.
like swiftspear, which is played in 1 deck, like kolaghan's command, which is played in 2 decks, like bring to light, which is played in 0 decks? are you retarded? your counterpoint to me saying that stoneforge would be so dominant that it would warp nonlinear decks to HAVING TO PLAY THE CARD is to name a bunch of narrow nondominant cards? ok anon, i guess if that makes sense to you lol.

>TIL Scapeshift doesn't exist.
you did indeed learn that today. scapeshift is 1% of the meta. clear sign that bring to light is a dominant card kek

>Junk wouldn't really want Stoneforge
>ridiculous value is against BGx's entire gameplan
oh, i guess you just don't know anything about modern or stoneforge. ok then, ill stop aggravating your behind, noob
>>
>>45344407
>topdecks like shit
Demonic Tutor finding Batterskull or Sword of X&Y is a shit topdeck now?

>Stoneforge isn't a particularly good card.
Oh, you're either trolling or just a retard. I get it now.
>>
>>45344886
To be fair the other BGx deck in Modern would shit all over Stoneforge.

What bugs me is that with Eldrazi decks sitting at or above 20% of the metagame at the top levels, Wizards is trying to tell people everything is fine. It's not. If Stoneforge were unbanned and became a fifth of the metagame, it'd be banned again inside of a week with a shitty "I told you so" article on the mothership calling us all faggots.
>>
>>45344634

>which is played in 1 deck

Who cares how many decks it's played in? That isn't what were talking about. The fact that it's played in every single deck in it's archetype is what makes it dominant. Cards like Snappy, Tarmogoyf, Serum Visions, Kommand, Guide, and Swiftspear. Hell most of Affinity and BGx are filled with dominant cards.

Unless you're actually going to try and make the point that Stoneforge would be format level dominant, in which case I have to laugh at you. The card has one shit purpose and it's only marginally good at that.

>ridiculous value is against BGx's entire game plan

Stoneforge ives you significantly less value than Snap or Bob, and it heavily sets BGx back due to having to put a pile of shit Equipment in your deck to even do anything, let alone actually execute it's plan.

>>45344886
>Demonic Tutor finding Batterskull or Sword of X&Y is a shit topdeck now?

Equipment as a type is shit all around, and gets blasted by half of virtually all sideboards. Pulling a Sword off the top without a presence is literally a dead draw, and even with a presence it's too much of a resource drain to be efficient. Stoneforge just allows Equipment to be viable, there's a reason practically zero decks use any Swords or Skull, and the decks that can easily slot them out.

Stoneforge was only strong, let alone banned, because Caw-Blade was better than everything else thanks to Jace support. Caw-Blade would get demolished by anything in Modern, and theres nothing else in the format for Stoneforge to break.
>>
ITT people that think they know what they are talking about but don't.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.