[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shadows over Innistrad Spoilers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 39

File: pnO8aMy.jpg (87KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
pnO8aMy.jpg
87KB, 960x720px
Tamiyo might be dead Edition.

Discuss the new leaks.
>>
File: f7FhaDB.jpg (100KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
f7FhaDB.jpg
100KB, 960x720px
2/3
>>
File: VhfceEt.jpg (106KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
VhfceEt.jpg
106KB, 960x720px
3/3
>>
>>45316232
>>45316245
>>45316264
First for holy fuck.
>>
>>45316245
>Lighting axe
...huh
>>
>>45316264
>>45316245
>>45316232
Weird, y no rare?
>>
File: sarkhan vol.jpg (53KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
sarkhan vol.jpg
53KB, 720x304px
>prowess again

Innistrad had memewords coming out of its grimdark ass, and we get this unimaginative trash from two sets ago instead?
>>
>all these draw spells ruined by sorcery speed
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
CONTROL IS DEAD
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>45316402

Prowess is evergreen you idiot, are you mad we're getting trample too?
>>
>>45316245

>Jace is following Tamiyo's clues

This is rad, and I bet that Tamiyo is gonna end up being on the fucking moon studying Emrakul up close.
>>
>>45316417
But its so shit.
>>
>Sanguinary Mage
>Pieces of The Puzzle
>Pore over the Pages

These cards are the only ones so far hinting at the possibility of Eldrazi presence

I'm hopeful Emrakul will appear here but we just need stronger hints.
>>
>>45316417
>we decided a trash keyword from two sets ago "evergreen", therefore we don't need to innovate and can just slap that shit on everything

Trample is printed on fucking Force of Nature, you underage pleb. If you think MaRo rubbing his crystal blue balls all over Monastery Swiftspear makes it an interesting mechanic, you have shit taste.
>>
>>45316245
>lightning axe as an easy madness trigger
Neat.
>>
>No flashback yet

Tell me when they bring back best mechanic.
>>
>>45316478
If Emrakul does, it'll be in the second set, when we go to the Moon.
>>
>>45316232
>Sanguinary Waifu
1/3 in red is so strange to me.

>>45316245
>Lightning Axe
Hory shet that's good.

>Pore Over the Pages
Uh oh... them's Urza mechanics. And... is that a typo? I always thought it was "pour over" something when you are devoting all your attention to it. Then I looked it up. Holy shitballs I have been wrong for years, and so have a LOT of other people. Hell I don't think I can recall reading "pore over" anywhere before this.

>Shamble Back
This is surprisingly decent.

>Niblis
Limited workhorse.

>Quilled Wolf
I like when they make commons early-drops more relevant late-game like this. I was a fan of the Invokers too.
>>
>>45316544
That Stitched mangler is going to be a frustrating sack of shit to play against with it at common. I can just feel myself resolving some big demon with a downside and getting it mangled and dying to the negative effects 3 months before I'm playing limited.
>>
>>45316509
Not this block, because they're doing the OTHER Odyssey Block stuff this time around.
We might get Unearth though.
>>45316544
The problem with the Urza free spells is that they were FREE. They untapped the same number of lands as their CMC. And were in an environment with lands that tapped for shitloads of mana on top of that. Untapping two for five mana is fair.
>>
Lightning Axe + Fiery Temper = AHAHAHA welcome back to Time-Spiral draft motherfuckers!

Shambleback is a pretty awesome flavor win, but will never come out till about turn 3 or 4 because it needs a target to reanimate.

Stitched Mangler is wonderful tempo on a relevent creature type

Pore Over Pages is a great Madness enabler.

Nibilis of Dusk may well be a first pick. A 2/1 Flyer with upside for 3 has a history of being great.

Tamiyo is mentioned, but only in the past tense. Likely not dead, but definately not in the block. Can't have a blue walker over-shadow Jace now can we?
>>
File: 134[1].jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
134[1].jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>45316583

Here's hoping for Undying.
>>
>>45316595

Tamiyo is the one putting down the clues the whole set is based around following.
She'll be in set 2 for sure, with a big REVELATION.
>>
>>45316480
Prowess is a way sweeter mechanic than trample...
>>
>>45316618
Tamiyo's Revelation XUUU
Instant Mythic
Tap up to X target permanents. Draw X cards.
"You see Jace, the werewolves hate collars..."
>>
>>45316606
Yep, undying needs to be a thing.
Also the Tamiyo thingy could be cool, but i hope it won't lead to something like what happened to Ugin in Zendikar bis. Just being a support char (Tazri and Munda of all people got more exposure than him) for the main5... But it's going to happen right?
>>
>>45316618
They won't have two blue walkers in one set, so if Jace got a card that means no Tamiyo V2.
I could settle down for a card in an eventual Origins V2 or Conspiracy 2, but damn.
>>
>>45316561
Yeah I noticed that too after the post. When I was skimming I didn't see that it was tapdown. Pretty decent.

>>45316583
This is true. I'm not saying it's broken because it's is far from, but be prepared for SPERGING.
>>
>>45316618
Tamiyo becomes the Micolash of Innistrad, discovering Emrakul, begging it for more eyes, chatting into the wee hours for new planes...
>>
>>45316682
Now, if SoI were the block right after Theros, with Nykthos? Then there might have been some problems. Not major ones, mind you - it's still not Urza Free Spell Broken, but being able to untap a land that produces a bunch of mana as part of another card's effect is never a healthy thing.
>>
>not a single card so far spoiled mentions +1/+1 counters

Best aspect of the set so far.
>>
completely boring trash as expected from wizards
>>
>>45316820
>le I only play constructed meme xD
>>
>>45316787
Means the set after Inistraad will be -1/-1 counter themed (can't have both at the same time in standard, would confuse the newbies).
>>
>>45316825
>implying i play magic
lol fucking nerd
>>
>>45316833
MaRo has explicitly stated numerous times that various counters in the same standard are fine; they just don't want to mix them in limited environments.
>>
>>45316866
I would say that they're annoying, thinking that people are such autists, but looking at what happened with the anus mana...
>>
>>45316833
>>45316866

I don't think its unreasonable that we might see Persist in this block.
>>
>>45316606
Nah they're probably not bring undying back, it'll be a break set so they can go back to -1/-1 counters afterwards because wizards doesn't like both being in standard at the same time and besides, the format already has 5 keywords revealed
>Transform
>Delirium
>Madness
>Skulk
>Investigate
>>
>>45316947

Like >>45316866 said.
-1/-1 and +1/+1 counters are fine in the same standard, they just dont want them in the same limited enviroment: same block.

I doubt madness is the only graveyard mechanic we're getting.
>>
>>45316620
Fuck right off
>>
>>45316620
Found the control/pillowfort faggot.
>>
>>45316404
Fuck off with your draw-go.
>>
>>45316895
It's a vicious cycle,

>Wizards sees a bunch of loud idiots with malformed opinions
>"these New Players don't understand things, we should dumb things down"
>consistent dumbing down and pandering to New Players drives off enfranchised players
>more loud malformed opinions
>repeat
>>
This is clearly an opened booster. Why the hell haven't they shown us the rare? What are they trying to keep hidden?
>>
>>45316997
Maybe they pulled an Expedition... wait
>>
>>45316820
>this pile of commons isn't modern playable!
What are you fucking expecting? A delver reprint?
>>
>>45316245
I wonder how highly I'm going to pick shamble back, maybe there's some sort of early discard synergy for a turn 2 play

>>45316402
>>45316480
>>45316960
I literally did not know people got mad at prowess
>>
>>45316997
Maybe the guy opened a mythic and is considering the consequences. A couple commons's not armageddon, but Hasbros lawyers will skin gim alive if he reveals the new Jace or something.
>>
>>45317016
If a set isn't at least 10% modern playable, it's trash.
>>
>>45317036
... you do not understand how modern works.
>>
>>45317017
>I literally did not know people got mad at prowess

Welcome to Magic: The Gathering, where every change or lack of change is heralded as the game's final deathblow. The game peaked at whatever set you started with, and anyone who started after is an autismal casual scrub. Your favorite format is the greatest format, and WotC's constant and obvious pandering to people who play other formats has turned the game into a steaming pile of hot messy shit. But you still spend hundreds of dollars on it.
>>
>>45317074
>But you still spend hundreds of dollars on it.
Casual pauper, nigga.
>>
>>45316232
>ancient and terrible forces
Sounds like something native to innistradrather than queen macaron. Tamiyo being onto sth implies the same.
Inb4 more Eldrazi-esque horrors introduced.

I might still be wrong.
>>
>>45317036
I know you're trolling, but a set that is 10% modern playable is probably what this game needs right now
>>
>>45316343
I honestly expected it

this is a primetime Madness enabler
>>
>>45316647
"which are the symbol of..."

"Avacyn! Yes! How could I be so blind! But what holy organization does it represent..."
>>
>>45317216
you mean like a set that introduces a shitload of a tribe that totally breaks modern because
>we just test for Standard and Limited
>>
pls wild mongrel and basking rootwalla reprint pls.
>>
>>45317017
I didn't get mad at prowess, I like prowess, but saying prowess is better than trample is crazy
>>
>>45317093
The Linux of formats
>>
>>45317271
The problem was that years ago they printed some lands that tapped for 2, but only for a select group of creatures that were all more than 8 mana, nobody cares if you cast an 8 mana spell for 6.

Then they wanted to do colourless matters, but didn't want to actually change up the formulaic limited set design they've beeping pumping out, so they just went "these otherwise normal coloured cards are colourless". As it turns out, 8 mana spells for 6 is fine, but 4 mana spells for 2 is insane.

They were lazy and they fucked modern because of it.
>>
>>45317287
If we even saw anything in the style of either I'd be very surprised. WotC hasn't printed anything that does a keyword mechanic for free in a long time.
>>
File: baskingrootwalla.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
baskingrootwalla.png
135KB, 223x311px
>>45317356
That's too bad, the rootwalla isn't broken or anything, and they're using the madness mechanic in any case.
>>
>>45317287
Fuck yeah, please let me make UG Madness in standard again. Fuck Psychatog, the Dog is where it's always been at for me. Maybe we'll even get Circular Logic and control won't be quite as terrible in some formats.
>>
I want some decent black madness. Maybe a Phyrexian Rager with Madness B.
>>
File: wonder.jpg (22KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
wonder.jpg
22KB, 200x285px
>>45317417
>they will never reprint circular logic
>>
>>45316264
why did you hid the mana cost of the fire wolf
>>
I know if it was a thing it would just be EDH only crap but imagine something like "Mikeus, The Risen" Zombie/Reanimator style planeswalker.
>>
>>45316478
I hope Emrakul dies here so we don't have to see stupid formless shit anymore and can go back to Phyrexians and Slivers as the default MTG Dalek/Swarm.
>>
>>45316232
>"worships ancient and terrible forces"
>"the clues have begun to reveal a truth I hesitate to accept"
Come the fuck on, WotC, we just had an Eldrazi block.
>>
>>45317673
Well BfZ was designed with the 3 block paradigm in mind but SoI was not so maybe they are just pushing the BfZ story a bit into SoI (something that it could compensate for because it wasn't written out yet) to just tie up loose ends.

They probably wanted to give each titan a proper send off.
>>
>>45317617

Emrakul is going to hide within Tamiyo and wait for the right time to take control and resurrect its brothers
>>
So this time Jace gets to be a master private detective combined with an archeologist. I wonder what this perfect being does next. Perhaps the discovers a way to purify phyrexians for good? Maybe Urza comes back to give him the legacy? Maybe its something not quite so groundbreaking, (even if those feats are fitting for this god of a character!) like saving puppies from fire while also defeating Nicol Bolas at the same time.
>>
File: cardart_D16_Raven-Man.jpg (77KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
cardart_D16_Raven-Man.jpg
77KB, 750x450px
>Whose Progenitor worships ancient and terrible forces
>The clues have begun to reveal a truth I hesitate to accept
>This Tamiyo was on to something...

I think this is one time I am not as excited for leaks, if only because this will make people instantly default to "Its Ermakul guys!".

Its not going to be, there's a few good reasons for it too. In our current story 4 planeswalkers have come together to form a united group called the Gatewatch. Their entire purpose at the moment is to slay the final eldrazi titan, we already know Wizards will find ways to include additional reasons, but with this being the only current reason, we won't be locating the final titan so soon until Wizards finally does include those additional reasons.

The second reason is purely game mechanics, we jump worlds for a reason, for fresh new mechanics and a change of aesthetics, we won't see Emrakul purely because we won't see devoid cards in another set so soon.

Thirdly, its Innistrad, home of spooks and haunts. This is a world very easily capable of providing its own horrors and terrors, we have a moon made of special properties that effect more than the tides on the world of Innistrad. We have a wild and giant forest that has barely seen human presence, capable of hiding old terrible gods that may have awoken, even new possibilities from demonic shenanigans, Demons have brought vampires to this world, what stops them from conceiving a new terrible species born of mad magic science?

Open your eyes to the possibilities.
>>
>>45316343
But now red can kill MUH BANESLAYER!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>45317775
Have you payed any attention to the lore post Lorwyn?
>>
>>45317848
See
>>45317738
>>
>>45317356
There was a shitty Scavenge card in RTR, that wasn't too long ago.
>>
>>45317983
see
>>45317848
>In our current story 4 planeswalkers have come together to form a united group called the Gatewatch. Their entire purpose at the moment is to slay the final eldrazi titan, we already know Wizards will find ways to include additional reasons, but with this being the only current reason, we won't be locating the final titan so soon until Wizards finally does include those additional reasons.

They won't find and kill the final eldrazi titan until the other multiverse threats are made aware by the gatewatch.
>>
>>45318002
On Blogatog and A Voice for Vorthos both Magic reps discussed interest in tying off loose ends in the story (both were a year or more ago so fuck looking for it). This will be Emma's demise.

I don't care if you won't believe me but this is the precedent they set forth for themselves and I am skeptical they will change it so soon into a handful of major changes.
>>
Ancient and terrible forces and hint of something that's always been lurking beneath Innistrad seem to indicate that it won't be Emrakul, unless they're resorting to time-warping shenanigans again.
>>
>>45316343
I fucking love it, thank you based Innistrad
>>
>>45316245
>Pore Over the Pages lets you +2 CA and still have mana for a situational counter, while still being a sorcery so it's not a braindead huge tempo advantage to play it unlike the instant-CA

I like the design of the set so far honestly, though it seems a bit low-power when compared to old Innistrad. That's a development, not design issue though
>>
File: 1448144604323.png (423KB, 600x365px) Image search: [Google]
1448144604323.png
423KB, 600x365px
>>45318027
>(both were a year or more ago so fuck looking for it)

That's not how this works, I'm not gonna spend time digging past a years worth of posts on a website that doesn't have a decent archival system because you claim its been discussed.

Things change, just because they planned on something happening doesn't mean that always follows suit, they have decided to focus more on the story, forcing emrakul's death here would be a major fuck up with the way they are currently setting up the story, its the only reason they forged the Gatewatch, there is no reason for them to keep the justice league thing if the purpose is dealt with.
>>
>>45316480
Prowess is an interesting mechanic that puts interesting, organic constraints on your deckbuilding and sequencing, and is very easy to understand

It's a slam-dunk success of a keyword tbqhfamilia
>>
>>45316965
>Control playing Prowess
you what

What kind of garbage control is tapping out on their own turn to swing in with Prowess
Prowess creatures have thus far been mostly aggressive so its ability to affect combat math on the defence is potentially relevant but not yet

eat a dick nigger
>>
>>45316232
I can't get over just how accurately this block was predicted over a year ago, way before it had ever been announced. Some clairvoyant motherfuckers on this board.
>>
>>45318093
Read the lore, they formed the gatewatch because they were the only ones who could deal with the universal problems and frankly they are going to be a part of it for a long time to maintain a justice league story.
>>
>>45318112
More like wizards being hopelessly predictable at this point.

Also their "subtle" hints towards future events have to be obvious enough that they're noticed by the sort of fuckwits who couldn't understand anusmana or how morph works.
>>
>>45316509
They already did
So it had to be exiled.
>>
File: kozileksreturn.jpg (35KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
kozileksreturn.jpg
35KB, 265x370px
Is anyone else planning to avoid any leaks this time around?

Leaks are going to happen but oath was revealed so early my hype for it was dead by the time it was released. I'm not a WotC shill, I understand leaks will happen but personally I'd rather wait and be more excited for the official spoilers.
>>
>>45318223
No reason to avoid leaks at all, you're just a weak willed little shit.
It's called playing online, so you can play with the entire set before it's released as soon as the whole set is spoiled
It's not like any truly exciting cards are ever going to get printed. Wouldn't want to break standard or modern again.
>>
>>45316245
Pore Over The Pages +Locket of Yesterdays + Faithless Looting
>>
>>45318093
Gatewatch isn't just about Eldrazi. It's just garbage to have main characters.
>>
>>45318191
You're exaggerating. There was some initial discussion and confusion because it's such a stupid design choice, then months of people who hadn't been in on those threads trying to play catch up. People here caught on very quickly, even found old articles in the past from some dude named Larry who had the idea ages ago but Wizards shut him down.
>>
>>45318278
I don't think that it's always a bad thing to have frequently returning characters. I mean hell, Urza was probably the single most important character for about half the game's lifespan? The difference is, Urza and his plans, struggles, victories, and defeats were all chronicled in a much more nuanced way. Actually, maybe nuanced isn't the best word here, but it was certainly done more tastefully than Jace the fedoralord-turned-White Knight ("Maybe I shouldn't use my magic to utterly dominate lesser people's minds!") and his crew of Marvel Avengers.
>>
>>45318326
My issue is the tightness with which they try to make a story. They try to do full "hero's journey" templated stories in less than 10 pages of text.

There's literally no room for complicated stories and we get to see these characters grow over time like a TV show but cut outs run around, quip the whole fucking story, then go "gee I sure learned a lot" while they turn and face a le epic scene of epic battles man.
>>
>>45316516
Emrakul ate the moon and is hiding as the moon, screencap this post
>>
>>45318278
>>45318178
Sure, its not just gonna be about the Eldrazi, but presently? That's the only current goal and reason to have it. What I'm saying is Ermakul's demise and appearance won't happen until the gatewatch have more threats to deal with knowingly.
>>
>>45318191
Wizards have always been hopelessly predictable, or maybe they just take inspiration from similar sources as me. When the original Ravnica block was announced I had been working for a couple of months on a setting that that was supposed to be one big ass city populated by a multitude of fantasy races that covered an entire planet. Then the first pictures were revealed and people on the mothership's forums were talking about it would be like Mercadia again because they thought it was just gonna be a big city, but not one that covered the entire plane. Meanwhile I cried in a corner because now it would seem like I had stolen the entire idea from Ravnica.

When I got over that I started to work on a custom Magic block and realized that it would be very cool if it brought back several old keywords, which could be the basis for some cool timey wimey plot, and then they announced Time Spiral.

And this went on up until Zendikar after which I stopped caring.
>>
If they fuck up the Raven Man plotline I will sperg out a lot.
>>
>>45318475
You´d be start sperging then, it´s wizards after all.
>>
>>45318489
Well my expectations are low, I'm fine even with "Bolas stuff"
>>
>>45318361
What if they travel to the moon and end up inside of it, or the Emoonrakul engulfs a significant chunk of the land?

I would love a setting inside of an eldritch monster, it'd be kinda like Phyrexia but even weirder.
And you could have stuff like bringing in zombies to use as bait / distractions for the big parasites living in the guts, and having to make special artifact boats to sail across digestive juice or something.
Maybe colored artifacts that can give protection from their color or global effects (enchantments that simulate harsh conditions, maybe), with the parasites having an ability like "corrosion - At the beginning of your upkeep, put a corrosion counter on all artifacts. Whenever an artifact has X counters on it, something bad happens to it / its controller."

Innistrad already had a "One tribe cares about another tribe" mechanic on some cards, so they could expand on that with something like "CARDNAME is unblockable as long as you control a parasite" and so on. "Sacrifice a zombie: tap CARDNAME. It doesn't untap during your next untap phase. Any player may activate this ability."
You could have the ghoulcallers and alchemists chomping at the bit to experiment with all the new fleshy goodness to be found in this strange new moon, and and of course there could be a Licid-like mechanic where creatures can get Chest-bursted, or a symbiotic effect like gaining toughness at the cost of life points (you're trading strength for letting them suck on your innards).
I got carried away, post 1/2
>>
>>45318568
2/2

The other tribes need to have some zany interactions with their new flesh-hellscape too.

I'm not sure what werewolves should get, maybe something totally bizarre and unexpected since A) they're inside the moon now and B) That's no moon

Vampires would have tons of bodily fluids around to suck, but it would taste terrible and give them strange, unstable bursts of power instead of their normal +1 counter feeds. Here, have a shitty example:

Adventurous Vampire 2RB
Creature - Vampire Scout - Rare
3/3
"Sac a creature: CARDNAME gets +2/+0 until end of turn. If that creature was a Parasite, CARDNAME also gains First Strike and Persist until end of turn, and at the end of turn, put a -1/-1 counter on CARDNAME. If that creature was a Human, Cardname also gains +0/+2 until end of turn, and remove a -1/-1 counter from CARDNAME."

Okay so that's way too complicated for Wizards to ever do these days, but it would be cool to me.

I don't expect any of this shit to happen at all, I'm just spitballing here.
>>
File: emrakul is hungry.jpg (87KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
emrakul is hungry.jpg
87KB, 1920x1080px
>>45318568
>>45316434
>>45318361
>>
>>45316647
Godammit.
>>
>>45317314
>Prowess isn't better than trample

You'd be surprised at how many people are bad at math.
>>
>>45316385
Its probably that wolf that is cut off on the right.
>>
File: 1407795496964.gif (1MB, 250x134px) Image search: [Google]
1407795496964.gif
1MB, 250x134px
>>45318361

[Chuuni name], Moon of Innistrad (C)
Legendary Enchantment

Protection from colored spells
(3): Place a countdown counter on ~. If ~ has fifteen countdown counters on it, exile it and return it to the battlefield transformed.

//

Emrakul, the Dimensional Flux
Legendary Eldrazi
Flying, menace, protection from colored spells
When ~ enters the battlefield, end the turn.
Whenever ~ attacks, exile up to three target permanents controlled by defending player.

15/15
>>
I want more spirit tribal support effects

I mostly just want Geist of Saint Traft to be good again.
>>
>>45318733

While your stats and such are terrible I would fucking love seeing Emrakul as a flip card.
>>
Too slow for how much mana I have to spend on it.

Make it a 40/40 with the ability to exile 10 permanents.
>>
>>45318733
Rather it be (1): Place a countdown counter on ~. If ~ has fifteen countdown counters on it, exile it and return it to the battlefield transformed.
Makes it a good control finisher, and you can cheat it out early in eternal formats without it breaking standard.
>>
File: Scarred Puma_IN.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Scarred Puma_IN.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
Please reprint this
>>
>>45317074
Are you implying I think MTG peaked at Homelands? Your analysis is fucking retarded. My honest opinion is that it peaked at Innistrad 1.0, as everything after that has been complete shit so far. This is the longest stretch the game has been bad in my 20 years of playing.
>>
File: 1384433313989.png (29KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
1384433313989.png
29KB, 300x162px
>>45319615
>My honest opinion is that it peaked at Innistrad 1.0,
>Not TS
>>
>the moon is a ginormous helvault
>sorin crammed nahiri in there because reasons
>tamiyo dun fucked up and turned off the moon
>now nahiri angry
>next set it turns out the moon is eeeevil and sorin was being a big egotistical derp when he used it and now something something bad juju
>>
>>45316232
>>45316245
>cryptoliths
>ancient and terrible forces

GEE I WONDER WHAT THESE COULD BE

Shame about Tamiyo though, she was 2cute4this sinful earth
>>
>>45319704
What do you mean shame? Unless she's the investigator that went mad and left notes everywhere she's probably fine.
>>
>>45319745
Signs are pointing to death.
>z-list walker
>from a plane people dislike
>is already pointedly absent

I'd be totally fine with a crazy UC Tamiyo though.
>>
>>45319140

But then with just five basic lands and a stable board you can force it out in three turns, and that's if you didn't put any counters on it before. That's far easier than any of the other titans.
>>
>>45319817
But the problem is that is that she's a walker people like. She probably just went home or to another part of Innistrad.
>>
>>45319818
Oh, I forgot. It's for emrakul, right?
So make it cost (C) instead of (1).
>>
File: gonbegood.gif (950KB, 350x191px) Image search: [Google]
gonbegood.gif
950KB, 350x191px
>>45316434
>tamiyo is japanese
>emrakul is a tentacle monster

i've heard enough
>>
>>45316478

Emrakul will appear on Vryn after SoI Block.

Mark my words.
>>
File: 212.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
212.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
>>45316245
>Pyrite Spellbomb too op plz nerf
Really?

Like really?
>>
Alright, here's what's going to go down
>Tamiyo is on the moon and has been corrupted by Eldrazi influences
>Emmy shows up in Eldritch Moon
>Emmy "wakes up" the moon
>turns out the Eldritch Moon was another Eldrazi
>Moon and Tammy start rekking Innistrad
>Emmy flees during the battle to parts unknown (TO BE CONTINUED IN 2018)
>Sorin, Nahiri, and Jace kill the Moon
>Tammy flees vowing revenge
>Once again, the day is saved thanks to the superfriends
>>
File: dearsirormadam.gif (1MB, 413x192px) Image search: [Google]
dearsirormadam.gif
1MB, 413x192px
>>45319958
kill yourself
>>
>>45319948
Wizards designs with Limited 1st in their minds. They don't want to print a piece of a cycle, it's all or nothing and those have Mirrodin flavor anyway. Plus, while you can't draw with it, you can get the damage in any color deck.
>>
File: 1428656314992.jpg (402KB, 839x470px) Image search: [Google]
1428656314992.jpg
402KB, 839x470px
>U/R Prowess is getting new tech

Nothing is Swiftspear level yet but it's good so far.
>>
>>45316417
Personally I'm nonplussed by Prowess. It's...meh. Just meh. It doesn't "feel" like it should be evergreen, and I didn't even like it much in its original set.

Meh.
>>
>>45319981
>They don't want to print a piece of a cycle
Pretty sure Master of Waves, Stormbreath and that pro blue hydra were a half-cycle.
>>
>>45320028
They made it evergreen so that Red and Blue had a keyword dealing with spells that they could use to link the two.

Its not the most amazing thing ever, but it gives them another tool to work with that's fairly straightforward.
>>
File: 139847698045.png (107KB, 193x223px) Image search: [Google]
139847698045.png
107KB, 193x223px
>people complaining about prowess

It's not near MEGAMORPH.
>>
>>45320102
I dunno about partial cycles, you may be right about them.

>>45320287
When I first saw that Morph was coming back in Khan spoilers I thought I was being bamboozled. I never thought it was a fun mechanic, and the 'upgrade' it got was dumb as hell.
>>
>>45317848
Emrakul is gonna show up as a colorless Planeswalker along the lines of "Emeria, Eternity's Messenger". It will appear in this form to communicate to the gatewatch that they have fucked up by destroying the other eldrazi which turn out to be a natural mechanism of the multiverse. This is why Ugin was trying to tell Jace to contain them, not destroy them. A bigger threat will rear it's head without the eldrazi to contain it.
>>
>>45320313
A 15 mana Planeswalker would be interesting
>>
>>45320332
no it wouldn't.
>>
>>45319981
That's nice but what does that have to do with anything? WotC isn't shy about renaming cards (especially bland ones) when needed. Alternatively a 1:1 reprint of Pyrite Spellbomb would be fine because it didn't have anything saying Mirrodin exclusive, nor part of a cycle. Hell, given INN's setting, I think it would fit right in.

But the above notwithstanding, this is absolutely a nerf. In general, 1C is worth 2 colorless for low costs. In addition, this card needs to tap to pay for the ability (why?). And it loses the ability to draw a card.

So yes. This is almost a straight nerf.
>>
>>45320313
I could totally see this happen, unfortunately. I can't wait for the NEXT series of insane incomprehensible things that the Super Friends have to kill.

I want a major plot started where Nicol starts fucking with some of the other 'Walkers and gets them to stop trusting each other or something. Maybe he wants to create an opening to do something to Karn? I dunno, anything diabolical.
>>
File: YEdbiJo.gif (445KB, 474x379px) Image search: [Google]
YEdbiJo.gif
445KB, 474x379px
>>45320313
>>
>>45317104
The secret is that there are dozens of Eldrazi locked up on numerous planes. It's kinda like Borderlands, but somehow less interesting.
>>
>>45320396
More than anything I just like the idea that the forsaken gods in zendikar were humanoid forms that the eldrazi took (because the big three at least are intelligent) and that they actually had a good relationship with the people of the plane before something happened. Also Ob and Nicol are totally going to make a legion of doom.
>>
>>45317494
I miss Odyssey block. It had some fun stuff.
>>
>>45316232
cryptolith
[krip´to-lith]
a concretion or stone in a pit or blind tube of the body.

I'm curious as to what the hell it means in this context.
>>
>>45318326
Urza worked because he was a complicated character. And like another anon mentioned, there was time to build that character. None of the current planeswalkers (aside from maybe Ajani and Tezzeret) have felt built up, or complex.
>>
>>45318610
spooky boogie
>>
>>45316618
Guarantee that if Tamiyo is in the block she'll be in the second set and she'll have gone mad or been otherwise corrupted by her discovery, there's a reason her research isn't with her.

Also corrupting a young and hopeful scholar character is exactly the kind of thing Wizards would do
>>
>>45320313
Wouldn't it have already fucked up the multiverse since they were sealed for tens of thousands of years?
>>
>>45320841
>there's a reason her research isn't with her
maybe she went out to buy groceries and someone broke into her house and started reading her research
>>
I'm just hoping Stromkirk Noble and Hellrider are reprinted. Knowing my luck though, they'll be remade and worse for it.
>>
>>45320841
>>45321013
I could see a U/R Tamiyo with a book burning madness theme after maybe her research was destroyed or rendered useless by the return of Avacyn, but it'll make U/R tempo insane with looter jace already in a U/R madness deck
>>
>>45319559
I do too understand this meme.
>>
>>45316663
They could make Jace or Tamiyo a dual colored Walker. Jace is unlikely because Wizards are pussies we still know fuckall about Tamiyo.

BfZ block had two green walkers.
>>
>>45318568
>>45318583
As interesting as some of that sounds, its no longer Innistrad at that point. Innistrad was about Draculas and Wolfmans and Frankensteins. I just really hope they don't inject it with eldrazi.
>>
Can someone repost pms Nahiri's sorcery?
>>
File: Fantstic-planet-poster.jpg (26KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
Fantstic-planet-poster.jpg
26KB, 300x425px
>>45316232
>>45316245
>>45316264
>mfw I just found out prowess is now evergreen

HOLY SHIT WIZARDS WAT ARE YOU DOING?, ARE YOU LOBOTOMIZED?
>>
>>45317848
There's no guarantee that Emrakul's effects will be the same as Kozilek's or Ulamog's. Kozi and Ula destroy the land and spawn dudes, but Emrakul seems to malform living things. I'm not saying he is the mystery on Innistrad, but you can't just say "he's the same as the other Titans so he won't show up because new mechanics".
>>
>>45321859

What's wrong with it? It's a pretty fun effect and it helps give mileage to spells.
>>
>>45322058
Its another symptom of their prescribed meta of "Design the game for new players"
Its fucking turning blue into Aggro the Agrro-ing

Could R&D even play mtg before Lorwyns block?
Its almost like R&D is solid Timmy's now
Ask them about any higher level mtg game concept than "creatures the tappening", and they all start saying "muh ro"
>>
>>45320287
Megamorph was terrible indeed. They should at least made it like "Pay (cost) +X, flip the card with X +1/+1 on it." Don't know if that would have made it viable but at least there could have been some surprise out of this shit.
>>
>>45322146
MAGIC IS DEAAD! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
>>
>>45319615

Hey. Khans was good. The two sets around it weren't , though. So I'm not sure if it's good by comparison.
>>
>>45322206
Not dead, just lobotomized

also I still want an answer about R&D's ability to play mtg pre-lobotomization
>>
>>45322146
>Its almost like R&D is solid Timmy's now
But they are, Anon.
>>
will we ever get another card containing the word "queen" or "thug" ?
>>
Are the Dutch responsible for this batch of leaks again?
>>
>>45322232

I think a big problem is the fact that MaRo does pretty much everything. He leads every big set. He hand-picks new designers.

I mean, so far he has kept the game going, but having the same person with the same line of thought do the same shit over and over and over is harmful. I think is past time he stepped down. Let another person bring fresh ideas into the game.
>>
>>45322249
"Queen" yes, because it's empowering to wymyn. "Thug" probably not because Wizards are spineless
>>
>>45322313
Rumor has it Spain is at fault this time.
>>
>>45322146
>>45322243
Isn't prowess hyper agressive ability that focus on winning fast with small creatures and combos? This is more like a Johnny/Spike mech instead of a Timmy's one. Tron is Timmy's wet dream.
>>
>>45322443
>using timmy, spike and johnny
Not particularly useful imo.
In any case the issue is that every color is becoming more centered on aggro/midrange, and prowess makes your spells give your creatures +1/+1 on cast, meaning that spells will to compensate have to be generally less powerful as a result.
>>
>>45322964
>meaning that spells will to compensate have to be generally less powerful as a result.
But that's wrong.
Wizards isn't going to balance spells around prowess, too few creatures have it and the creatures that do have it are too low impact very rarely having other useful abilities.
>>
>>45318475
They fucked it up since Origins.
Before, it was stranger-danger preys on dumb girl's love for his brother.
Now it's selfish asshole Lilly fucks up her brother because her potions teacher didn't tell her she was special enough times. Featuring "The Raven Man!".
>>
>>45321105
>Tamiyo goes back to Kamigawa for her daddy's birthday
>She comes back a week later, her research has been stolen by some emo faggot wearing a cape under his coat.
>Jace's "investigation" in interrupted by an endless stream of rabid moonrabbits.
>>
>>45323037
>too few creatures have it
It's evergreen, in an average standard there will be enough cards for a prowess deck.
>the creatures that do have it are too low impact very rarely having other useful abilities
>the creatures that do have it are mostly good because of prowess
Making my point for me.
It will probably only impact cantrips majorly at first and it won't be anything extreme but it is something they have to balance for.
>>
>>45322383
The last good set had Rick Garfield kick MaRo down and take over.

So of course MaRo couldn't wait to sink his kike claws on Innistrad and do it "as it should have been".
>>
>>45323214
>>the creatures that do have it are mostly good because of prowess
Literally the only good prowess creature is swiftspear, and that's mostly because 1 CMC with haste on top of the prowess so it fits right in with aggro decks.
Take away the haste and it would see significantly less play. Other prowess creatures don't see play at all in eternal formats.
>>
>>45323267
>Literally the only good prowess creature is swiftspear
Mentor, abbot, seeker of the way, stormchaser mage all also see play.
>Other prowess creatures don't see play at all in eternal formats.
Monastery Mentor and I wasn't talking about eternal formats, I was talking about standard, which is what they mostly balance for.
>>
>>45319559
Nah dude Scarred Puma is the last hope for a Pure Mirrodin
>>
Anyone else thinking that this set is looking good for pauper?
>>
>>45323267
Jeskai Ascendancy dek is good enough to see Modern play.
It's weaker without Treasure Cruise and it's unable to clash with Affinity and the new Kozilek's Spawn dek, but it's not like any other deck can anyway.
>>
>>45320632
Hey, what's ol' Tezzy up to? I kinda stopped paying attention after Mirrodin 2.0. All I really remember about the Walkers in that time is that Karn is back and Venser is ded
>>
File: 1437363335561.png (242KB, 444x304px) Image search: [Google]
1437363335561.png
242KB, 444x304px
>>45322425
> spineless
>>
>>45323609
And Burn, and Tron, and fucking 8Rack.
Stop trying to cash in, you failed the spec game, bin that crap and hoard another card already.
>>
>>45316245
>shamble back

When are these bastards going to discover cremation?
>>
>>45323267
Even with criterion this exclusive and vague, you're still fucked up by Monastery Mentor, naysayer.
>>
>>45316544
No, it is pore over, you illiterate.
>>
>>45323609
Jeskai Ascendancy isn't good because it gives things prowess, it's good because it's a draw engine, mana generator, and wincon all at once. If it just gave things prowess it would not be anywhere near modern playable.
>>
>>45323631
I don't think anyone really knows. He hasn't shown up since NPH. Probably taking Bolas' dragon cock on the regular.
>>
>>45323831
They tried. It didn't work.
(I can't post an image for some reason, huh)
http://magiccards.info/avr/en/150.html
>>
No undying this time around.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>45323831
They've tried that. Sometimes it causes problems much bigger than just a simple zombie.
>>
>>45323256
>The last good set had Rick Garfield kick MaRo down and take over.

>Garfield helped design original Ravnica
>Garfield helped design original Innistrad

He's still got it lads. Innistrad was the last great set of MtG. I doubt he ever comes back due to how the game is now though
>>
>>45317848
Disagree.
Likely they won't kill her, but I posit they WILL find her there.

>no mention of her in OGW or BFZ except "oh gee no one's seen her in so long..."

If she left to go to some other plane they would have hyped it up, so that every set after BFZ would have that hype hanging over it. "Will they finally find Emrakul here?! What if she came back to plane X?!"

No way they would almost completely ignore her. Unless she were going to be the big reveal in the immediately following set.
>>
>>45323928
>>45323955
I posit their cremations weren't religious enough.

Get some ceremony behind it and it'll be fine.
>>
>>45323915
It's good because of all that it does, including giving things prowess.
>>
>>45316982

What are you even talking about?!
1. NWO was invented a long time before SOM block
2. INN came after SOM and was a big success, the game was on an all time high in player numbers and tournaments
>>
If any of the leakers are keeping up with this thread -- spoil dat Sorin or Nahiri
>>
>>45317216

Jesus Christ...the last Pro Tour was dominated by freaking Eldrazis from current block and you're crying about playables?
This place is full of noobs..
>>
>>45317093
Don't mention pauper, anon. People get mad at you for having fun without spending 400bux on a deck.
>>
>>45320028

So a meh keyword that can be slapped on almost anything without warping the cost too much and fills a hole between two colors that desperately needed filling doesn't seem evergreen to you? Do you not understand what makes a good evergreen keyword or do you shit your pants with excitement every time a card with first strike gets printed?
>>
Tamiyo, Seeker of Truth
4CU
(color indicator = blue)

Planeswalker - Tamiyo

+1: Add CC, CU, or UU to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast Eldrazi spells or activate abilities of Eldrazi.

-2: Until your next upkeep, up to two target lands become Wastes.

-8: Target player exiles the top ten cards of his or her library. Put a 8/8 colorless Eldrazi creature token with haste and menace into play.

-------

[Eldrazi name here], The Eldritch Moon
10CC

Legendary Creature - Eldrazi

Flying

When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, each other player sacrifices X permanents, discards X cards, and loses X life, where X is your devotion to Colorless

10/10
>>
>>45323982

Of course he does. He invented the fucking thing.

MaRo's first priority on the other hand is just to ensure the game continues making money.
>>
>>45320374

Actually it kind of would since there are much fewer ways to cheat a walker into play than a creature.
>>
>>45324308
>devotion

You were so close.
>>
File: 1454720863253.jpg (456KB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
1454720863253.jpg
456KB, 3456x5184px
>>45324308
> where X is the number of colorless mana symbols in mana costs of permanents you control.
You'd use the old chroma wording because colorless isn't a color.
Also if you're one guy posting all these card ideas, please fuck off to containment thread
>>
>>45324331
What would be interesting about casting a 15 mana planeswalker fairly?
You cast it and then you win. It's not like emrakul is an interesting card in 12 post.
>>
>>45323831
Because they Ain't no shambleback girl
>>
>>45324130
The "Leakers" are 100% WotC employees dropping their own shit on reddit.

Why do you think they refuse to spoil the rare and mythic checklist card.
>>
>>45324579

It's interesting because it gives you more reasons to get to 15 mana. Magic is less about the card you use to kill your opponent and more about the steps that enable you to use that card, more routes leads to more variety leads to a more enjoyable experience in the long term.
>>
>>45324643
Yeah and the best ways to play those cards are ones like show and tell, oath of druids, sneak attack, natural order, and tinker
you know, the ones that dont give a fuck about the actual cc of the creature you want to play
>>
>>45324643
>It's interesting because it gives you more reasons to get to 15 mana.
Why the fuck would you need more than one reason? Just play emrakul (or ugin against any non-combo non-burn deck), and auto win, there's not much of a point of having 2 cards to do that.
>Magic is less about the card you use to kill your opponent and more about the steps that enable you to use that card, more routes leads to more variety leads to a more enjoyable experience in the long term.
That is blatantly bad game design, not all routes to victory should be viable in competitive or casual, there are reasons wizards stopped making land destruction decks viable (they can be OK, but that's not the point) ramping up to 15 mana and auto winning just makes for less enjoyable games than ramping up to 6-9 and being majorly in the lead.
>>
>>45324763

>it's another route
>nuh uh because there are other routes!

>>45324773

>another reason

There are answers to emrakul which are different than the answers to a planeswalker. It is a difference, even if it turns out to be a minor one.

>all routes should be viable

I didn't say that, stop projecting.
>>
>>45318247
>Invasive Surgery is one of the best sideboard tech ever printed
>Lightning Axe in a set with Madness
>Fucking Madness
>Artifact Tokens to break Affinity to hell and back
>So far the new DFCs look great
This set is already p. bonkers m8. It's a solid 7/10.
>>
>>45324853
>I didn't say that, stop projecting.
You mean strawmanning? How the fuck would I be 'projecting' in this case?
In any case I was implicitly asking you to justify why you think that route should be viable in terms of game design.
>>
>>45324618

>rare and mythic checklist card

Was there one in original Innistrad?
>>
File: MadProphet[1].jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
MadProphet[1].jpg
35KB, 223x310px
Post YFW you realized the Eldritch Moon was a five legged shrew and he was right all along.
>>
File: teen_suicide_girl.jpg (68KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
teen_suicide_girl.jpg
68KB, 600x900px
Boy oh boy, are you pumped to splash blue for stitched mangler in every deck you build from now until it rotates?

I know I sure am!
>>
>>45325358
That, or UB zombies are gonna be a thing again
>>
Considering the slight artifact theme of SOI can we say we're pretty sure to have an artifact block next?

Get ready boys, next set is going to be Kaladesh vs. Phyrexia
>>
>>45325185
I think he meant the checklist with those card names on it.
>>
>>45325358
You're scared of a minor tap effect as opposed to effects like Icefall Regent? Decks aren't going to splash for this card, it's going to go into a tempo/control deck.
>>
>>45325358
>>45325669
>Being this scared of a Frost Lynx with 1 more toughness

The card is decent in limited but not constructed playable.
>>
File: spol.jpg (54KB, 726x542px) Image search: [Google]
spol.jpg
54KB, 726x542px
Okay so the mechanics that we know seem to be:

>Madness:
Red and possibly black, looking at the history of madness combined with the fact that black is the discard color it seems logical.

>Flip:
Seems to be present in every color, three in every off color and six in in the two main colors green and red, along with three artifacts, Werewolf tribal seems obvious

>Delirium
Present in blue and black, makes sense flavorfuly though kind of strange since the some what close proxy Tarmagoyf is green

>Investigate
So far only present in white and is the only confirmed white mechanic, assume this is also going to be in blue since artifacts are historically a blue thing and a lot of the blue cards share the "investigate" flavor already

>Skulk
Confirmed blue but unknown where else it'll go seems like a green thing to me but none of the other mechanics have been shared with enemy colors so far, might just be a general purpose keyword that won't belong to any specific colors.

Unless Investigate is going to be a green ability too, which I doubt, I assume we have atleast one more mechanic to see, the G/W one.
>>
>>45325768
Its possible that madness will also go into blue with pore over. Delirium might also be present in green, as it fits perfectly with goyf flavor and we've already seen a card that wants you to mill yourself in Stoic Builder. Investigate is almost certainly in white and blue, and Skulk could fit in green as an alchemist's tool now that they can no longer operate in the open, and black can always use another evasion ability. You could be right in that we're missing another ability though. its hard to say.
>>
>>45325768
Skulk is almost 100% guaranteed to be the UB evergreen keyword, since they're the only color combo that doesn't share one.
>>
>>45325708
lol
I guess tg really is bad at magic.
>>
>>45326025
>WU
Flying
>WB
Lifelink
>WR
Double Strike
>WG
Vigilance
>UB
???? Skulk?
>UR
Prowess
>UG
Hexproof
>BR
Haste
>BG
Deathtouch
>RG
Trample (or Reach is they ever give red reach like they said they would)

Checks out.
>>
File: invasivesurgery[1].jpg (30KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
invasivesurgery[1].jpg
30KB, 265x370px
>>45325994

Looking at the old Madness cards, Black have 13 madness cards, Red have 3, Blue have 2, Green have 2 and White have 2.
Until evidence pointing elsewhere I', going to assume madness is black.

>>45326025
UB is delirium bro, it's confirmed since we have it on both colors already.
>>
>>45326054
Are you agreeing with him or trying to argue that Frost Lynx+1 is busted? Hard to tell.

>>45326063
What makes you think they're restricting mechanics by color? We'll probably get Delirium effects in all five colors, investigate in at least white and blue, and madness also probably in all five colors, though maybe not white. Skulk is very likely to become a new evergreen keyword like menace.

My bet is that we're going to get one more new mechanic in the first set, not just those 5.
>>
>>45326063
Delirium is far less likely to become evergreen than skulk.
>>
File: 55[1].jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
55[1].jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>45326025
>>45326059

Skulk seems strange in UB since the mechanics is actually green, the cards that for all intents and purposes already have skulk are all in green.
http://magiccards.info/query?q=o%3A%22power+less%22+o%3Ablock&v=card&s=cname
>>
>>45326121

I missed the evergreen part, I was think of set-specific mechanics.
>>
>>45326125
you got your skulk flipped around backwards here buddy. Skulk rewards low power not high.
>>
File: 1425490215-58157800[1].jpg (88KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1425490215-58157800[1].jpg
88KB, 500x500px
>>45326125
Skulk is the opposite of the green version, and it's very much blue and black. Green is "Creatures with power LESS than this creature can't block it". Also, green isn't very skulk-y. The flavor and mechanics are very strongly UB, though white saw it with Daxos.
>>
>>45326125
There's also UW Daxos of Meletis and B Silumgar Assassin. Blue and black are the most evasive colours anyway, so the mechanic is a good fit.

The green cards you list also work opposite of how skulk does.
>>
>>45326113

Mechanics are usually restricted to either single colors or more recently into color pairings.
There is usually also a mechanics that are present in every color but rarely more than one.

Looking at Dragons as an example.
Megamorph - All colors
Rebound - White Blue
Dash - Black Red
Formidable - Green Red
Bolster - Green White
Exploit - Blue Black
>>
>>45326059
>UB also flying
fixed
>>
>>45326253

Flying is primarily in Blue and White.
Its secondary in black and tertiary in red.
Green only gets it if its a cycle or something.
>>
>>45326231
DTK is not a good example since it revolved around two-colour clans, each receiving their own mechanic.
>>
>>45326231
That was specifically for DTK because there were 5 allied-color tribes. Look at a set that's not built specifically around that. Like BFZ: Awaken, Landfall, Devoid, Allies all showed up in 4 or more colors. Or any of the mechanics in Theros.

>>45326253
Black has flying secondary.
>>
>>45326063
There are so many things wrong with this post I don't know where to start.
-Where keywrods were originally has little correlation with where they are placed on return. Bloodthirst and Exalted are the two examples off the top of my head.
-Delirium is NOT an evergreen ability. Anon was talking about a 'basic' ability that appears in all sets and is mostly seen in two colours. See >>45326059.
-'Confirmed' doesn't mean what you think it does.
-Flashback, DFC, Fuse cards, Bestow, Monstrous, Inspired, Devotion, Tribute, Morph, Devoid, and Awaken all appeared in all 5 colours. Basically every block will have the more important abilities appear in every colour. The exception is for blocks that are very faction oriented (Ravnica, Kahns, Alara) but even then you see at least a handful of mechanics spread out across all colours. Delirium is somewhat reminiscient of Morbid (which only appeared in Jund colours) but there's no reason to assume that it will be limited to only 2 colours.
-You're retarded.
>>
>>45316232
Voldaren Duelist will make an acceptable budget aggro curve topper.
>>
>>45318205

Underrated post.
>>
>>45326384
Agreed. New Drana will finally be able to flex with it
>>
>>45324927
No, he means projecting you fucking troglodyte.
>>
>>45319615
Fucking this.

My most enjoyable experience with RTR block was when your still had access to INN.

Like, there's been some goodies sure. Most of it was Khans. Expeditions were cute.
>>
>>45326059
I think BR is Menace. Haste is a mainly Red affair like with Reach and Green while Menace is more or less evenly split.
>>
>>45316434
>>45319873

Emrakul, The Fucking Moon
>>
>>45325302
Muh god.
>>
>>45326653
What do you think projecting means?
>>
>>45326752
>29 red cards have menace
>5 black
>>
>>45326970

Strawmanning, a concept of logic, is obviously related to the psychological phenomenon projection
>>
>>45326981
Well it only has been keyworded for three sets, give it some time.
>>
>>45327011
It's not at all. Strawmanning is a deliberate attempt to downplay another person's argument by misrepresenting it. Projecting is the involuntary attribution of one's own flaws to another person, while denying that flaw's existence in oneself.

Strawman: >implying
Projection: /pol/ constantly offended by how SJWs are so thin-skinned
>>
Are double faced cards coming back?
>>
>>45327222
Nvm, just saw the checklist card. What a waste of trips.
>>
>>45327214
>Strawmanning is a deliberate attempt to downplay another person's argument by misrepresenting it
Not necessarily deliberate, but yes.
>>
>>45316264
dat wolf
>>
>>45316264
i really hope that wolf is a one drop
>>
>>45328708
It's going to be 2R and you know it, anon.

Anything else would break Standard.
>>
>>45328771
one could always hope
>>
File: feralridgewolf.jpg (50KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
feralridgewolf.jpg
50KB, 265x370px
>>45328771
most likely

but probably 1R
>>
>>45319948
Are you dumb? You can't kill shit with Spellbomb without red mana.

This is colorless removal.
>>
>>45324587
UNDR8D
>>
>>45328900
you can't cycle this one, though that doesn't surprise me given that one of the mechanics drops cantrip bombs all over the place.
>>
>>45329139
It's a worse card with easier access. Not a hard nerf.
>>
>>45329274
oh I agree. I do think it's worse than pyrite overall, but pyrite is a damn good card that I'm not surprised they'd want to tone it down for limited. we've already got lightning axe and fiery temper confirmed, so removal looks pretty prevalent so far, and investigate means draw power shouldn't be too hard to come by.
>>
who else /hypedforthedeathofamaincharacter/ here?
>>
>>45329602
>jace dies
>urza kills him
>yawg kills nicol bolas
>>
>>45328708
>>45328771
>>45328833
It's gonna be a cycle alongside the green wolf where all of the cards cost 1+1 of the respective colour.
>>
>>45329602
If they killed Tamiyo off-screen I'm gonna flip. She's Gideon's OTP and needs to be united with her husbando.
>>
>>45319615
Ravnica/Time Spiral was the pinnacle of magic. Come at me.
>>
File: qQMcNNR.jpg (19KB, 310x335px) Image search: [Google]
qQMcNNR.jpg
19KB, 310x335px
How are we not talking about new not as good as goyf
>>
File: 26.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
26.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>45324045
Their religion is against cremation because cremation sticks all that red anger into the spirit, almost guaranteeing the guy comes back an angry fire ghost. Thus, it is heretical.
>>
>>45330490
religious ceremooooony
>>
>>45330514
You can't change the nature of the plane by making it a religious ceremony. That's like saying "We can sacrifice you and your blood to the vampires and it won't kill you if we make it a religious ceremony."
>>
>>45330469
Literally has no text for me.
>>
>>45330545
This is about assuaging the spirits of the dead. Religious ceremony and proper remembrance are all that's needed there.

>>45330565
>If there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard, Sepulchrivore gets +2/+2
>>
>>45330469
>>45330565

Madness 1G
Delerium +2/+2

I'm gonna guess its a 2/3, so it becomes a 4/5.
>>
>>45330585
also appears to have a madness cost of 1G. Without base stats, though, it's hard to tell how good it is.
>>
>>45330585
Is the first part Madness? Because then even if he's a 2/2 for 2 madness that gets +2/+2, I'd feel pretty good about it.
>>
Would this be a good set to get into Magic with? Can you have a deck with multiple colors?
>>
>>45330585
The spirits of the dead want blessed sleep not "holy shit you set me on FIRE!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!"
>>
>>45330676
Then grind them into blessed, sleepy dust!
>>
>>45330658
Your choices for colors currently are...

1) At least 3
2) 0

Take it or leave it.
>>
>>45330658

Generally having a mono-colored deck is not a good idea unless you happen to find some amazing strategy that works with only one color.
Pretty much all sets are built so that you have at least two colors.

We don't know enough about the set yet to really be able to say if its a good set for beginners or not, but probably.
>>
>>45330851

Ramp does just fine with 1.
>>
>>45321472

It's literally one autist spamming it.
>>
>>45330609
What if 3/3?
>>
>>45330875
Is white/black possible? I think it would be fun - priests AND zombies? Imagine that!

>>45330851
Hm, white, green and blue?
>>
>>45330830
You know how hard it would be to clean up after an animated, angry dust cloud rolls through ranting about how you didn't properly respect its corpse? I'll take the zombies.
>>
>>45330469
because it's fake
>>
>>45330469
>>45330609
In any case this will see Standard, even Modern play. Because Goyf so good playing 4 additional ones is still a good idea.
>>
>>45330469
>flash obscuring text
>can't even get the entire card in frame
Yeah, looks real to me.

I wish I were joking.
>>
>>45331113
But it needs Madness AND Delirium enablers. Delirium is only your graveyard, so actually hitting for will not be easy.

Fetch, Instant, Sorcery are pretty easy, but then you need a creature or artifact or planeswalker.
>>
>>45327214

I realize they are different but I still think they are related

People who straw man are usually projecting some stupid way of thinking on to their opponent and this in turn causes them to feel more dismissive of them and more likely to treat their argument with little respect, i.e. to straw man
>>
>>45331294

Maybe that's why they have shit like that pyrite spellbomb knock off in this set, to get artifacts in the yard
>>
File: 124.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
124.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>45331294
BfZ had card that allow you to sac creature
>>
>>45331369
It is really more of a Moonglove Extract. Vial of Dragonfire was actually alright in limited. But that is a good point, that will help some of the common delirium cards.

>>45331395
Sure. But that's a fair bit of resources. Probably better off discarding a guy.
>>
>>45331294
In standard there's going to be plenty of enablers. There are 5 discard/self-mill cards spoled in this thread already. Plus there's Origins Jace and plenty of other discard outlets in standard already. As for delirium, hitting 4 card types is not going to be as difficult as you might think.

As for Modern? I'm not sure it'll be good enough, but you get 4 card types in the GY by turn 3 or so just by playing the game. Especially in Jund, which is where this would most likely slot in.
>>
>>45325302
All hail our Lord and Master Shrewthulu.
>>
So, I'm going to ask the question you all should've been asking from the beginning.
Are we getting a One With Nothing reprint?
>>
>>45331658
Hmm... Terrible card that nobody would ever play and that literally nobody wants, but technically has synergy with a main block mechanic?

I'd say it's all but confirmed.
>>
>>45331658

Maro's done a total backpedal on One With Nothing recently and now he thinks it's a terrible card because new players can't understand why they would play it.
>>
File: im flyyyiiin.webm (352KB, 236x426px) Image search: [Google]
im flyyyiiin.webm
352KB, 236x426px
>>45330465
this man's opinion is objectively correct
>>
>>45330469

I heard on the internet that this is fake because the madness text is inconsistent with the other new madness card that was spoiled
>>
>>45331851
I thought that was the point, to make people think about the game a bit more in depth.

Is his position that they never bother to get that far? That's probably fair.
>>
>>45332024
His original position was that it was a fun card on the basis that it made Johnny players look for ways of breaking it.

Those types of players don't matter anymore.
>>
>>45331984
You're absolutely correct. It doesn't appear to have the new exile clause. This is fake.
>>
>>45332068
I am guessing this is paraphrasing it.
>>
>>45332108
Oh, they finally fixed Madness' wording not actually doing what it says?
>>
>>45332108
Also would be inconsistent with every other lhurgoyf creature ever printed. Also probably why they didn't show the bottom of the card; that way they don't have to fake the foil stamp and card/set information
>>
File: fierytemper.jpg (38KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
fierytemper.jpg
38KB, 265x370px
>>45332176
yup. Hard to see due to the glare, but it now says "when you discard this card, discard it in exile. When you do, cast it for its madness cost or put it into your graveyard."
>>
>>45318361
>What the people of Innistrad think is their moon, is just the top of Emrakul's head
I like it.

>>45318410
>Wizards is predictable
>I made these ideas before them
I don't think that word means what you think it means. Also,
>implying Wizards doesn't make their sets multiple years before announcing them
>>45319704
>implying Tamiyo wasn't Emrakul the whole time
>>45320583
Something is growing within the bodies of Innistrad citizens. See the checklist card, "Skin Infestation" is a name. My guess?
>Licids
>>45330490
That's pretty cool actually.
>>
>>45330992
We can only hope.
At least now we know Delirium is in BUG and Madness is in Jund colors.
>>
>>45332230
I wonder why the old wording didn't work. I never knew enough about the rules to understand why it just didn't do what it says.

I'm glad they cleared it up, even if it'll take some getting used to, like when they changed Delve and Convoke's wording.
>>
>>45332230
That's pretty wonky. So it doesn't get cast from the graveyard or from your hand, it gets cast from exile? Is there a reason for this? Maybe to allow you to do it even with Rest in Peace in play?

I don't like the phrase "Discard it in[to?] exile." It's just... untrue? Discard means put it in the graveyard. Small thing, but it's bugging me.
>>
>>45332281
>>45332298

The new wording is the way the mechanic has always worked according to the comprehensive rules. This doesn't actually change anything mechanically, just reminder text. I'd assume there's some mechanical reason why it works that way, probably some weird edge case or timing issue that would only come up 0.01% of the time if it worked differently.
>>
>>45332298
probably done that way precisely for rest in peace or other graveyard shenanigans. Now when you discard and pay the mana cost your opponent won't think they can tormod's crypt you as a counter spell or keep you from discarding with rest in peace or the like.
>>
>>45332230

You know what I wish we had? Some fucking clear pictures.
>>
>>45332377
me too. such is life when dealing with unofficial leaks.
>>
>>45330410
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>45332298
>I don't like the phrase "Discard it in[to?] exile."
Right. Why doesn't it just say, "If you would discard this card, exile it instead..."
>>
>>45330465
I actually think that timespiral had a huge amount of development mistakes and ravnica was boring as fuck, but ravnica was great as a support block and time spiral was so fucking cool that it got away with blatantly disregarding fucking obvious design rules (which had been implemented successfully for fucking years) like no instant speed draw (nothing against control in general; strong countermagic and sorcery speed draw is way more fun to play against than weak countermagic and instant speed draw).
People consider timespiral block as the peak of magic design and I'm inclined to agree with them, but peak is synonymous for the time where it starts going down hill, or at least leveling off.
>>
File: 1348325252454.jpg (53KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
1348325252454.jpg
53KB, 625x416px
>>45318223
Wow, what a fucking faggot the "Muh Hype" dude I would suck dick right now to know what's coming out next, I got fucking decks to rebuild. Maybe you meant to post in /reddit/
>>
>>45333427
Jesus christ what a fucking little shitter you are.
Some guy has a personal preference and you go off the handle like a goddamn 8 year old.
Get bent.
>>
>>45317673
It could just be referring to the ancient and terrible forces responsible for creating the vampires, and making the plane all spooky.

Speaking of the vampires, I am hoping they continue the triggered +1/+1 counter ability of the Innistrad vampires. The Voldaren Duelist is kind of meh. It is the same as the crossway vampire except for one less red mana, and a higher CMC.
>>
>>45332553
Because it still needs to count as having been discarded, not just exiled from your hand.
>>
File: theendofanempire.jpg (59KB, 480x262px) Image search: [Google]
theendofanempire.jpg
59KB, 480x262px
>>45333531
What the fuck I expect this shit from reddit where they have their little faggot hivemind, and hope that Papa Maro might notice them and send them free cards. But fuck that thinking, this my spoiler season has been ruined stuff is ridiculous. The kid needs to learn, Wizards is a company and it's a damn shame I have to wait so long to find out about the next set since this game is apparently filled with high school kids with the attention span of 3 min.
>>
>>45333905
>Would suck someone's dick to get faster spoilers
>complains that other people have "the attention span of 3 min."

I'm not sure what point you're actually trying to make
>>
Leakers reading this thread, at least throw us a bone and post up Sorin 4.0's name for this set
>>
>>45334047
Spoiler or leaks no matter how early or how those cards are obtained should be meet with positive reception to show Wizards that they should start spoilers earlier then their current schedule.
>>
>>45334078
>>45334047
>>45334142
From Salvation

>That seems to be the story.

>The guy who bought the first booster cards spoiled did say that booster came from a full box that was stolen at the factory. He said to be prepared for more spoilers and... here we are, just the tip of the iceberg.

>How can WotC spin this? There is a box on the loose, how do they figure out which cards will be spoiled next?

Wizards should start spilling the beans before that guy starts spoiling mythics and shit.

In any case we will get a general idea of the whole set in a week probably. Regardless of Wizard doing the spoilers or not.
>>
Daily reminder that Nahiri has been in PMS rampage mode since the time Sorin restored Ugin on Tarkir

>Lithomancy on Tarkir? Had Nahiri traveled here before him and bested the dragon?
>>
File: goldface.jpg (11KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
goldface.jpg
11KB, 250x241px
>>45334199

>packs from a stolen box
>mfw

I can literally taste Maro's tears now.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.