[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

King of Dragon Pass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 29

File: Screenshot_2016-02-06-16-32-34.jpg (739KB, 1190x683px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-06-16-32-34.jpg
739KB, 1190x683px
>play KoDP after a 2 years of quitting
>first clan gets hella mad luck on dice rolls, kicking ass
>get fucked by trolls with a giant with 3 pairs of tits and spider legs after spending 2 days for all the work put in for pissing off trolls too much
>restart
>stayed up whole night making buttload of $$$ to clan
>get a tough teen in a clan ring that upturns big buff warriors
>died exploring a mountain
>get driven off in raids everytime
>now all clan ring members are idiots

well, fuck me. Orlanth and Aroka's an easy heroquest so, i'll just try out to make my clan leader stronger by then.

KoDP thread i guess
>>
>>45294875
what is this?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-07-18-07-24.jpg (636KB, 1182x528px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-07-18-07-24.jpg
636KB, 1182x528px
>>45295086
old resource management/CRPG from the Glorantha setting. you play a clan leader who makes all the decisions that will either benefit or fuck up your clan completely and irreparably. your decision making skills matter a lot in here as your advisors can be wrong/biased while some will be competent. Your end goal here is to unite the clans, form a tribe and be king of the place called Dragon Pass.
>>
>>45294875
>pissing off the Cragspider
You got everything you deserved.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-07-02-38-50.jpg (795KB, 1241x595px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-07-02-38-50.jpg
795KB, 1241x595px
>>45295345
also worth adding that this game deals with a civilization called Orlanthi from the setting which here, are quite heavily inspired by Hallstatt celts with a mix of a few other cultures like Hittites, Scandinavians and such. So whatever laws and culture they have, you need to act like one to play as one.

The new revision here manages to rebalance and add in some new sweet things to the game so it's a bit more forgiving now. doesn't mean the game will not fuck you up still.

>>45295379
hey, i didn't know she was that pissed. she never sent me any emissaries or nothing well i did raided that troll caravan and stole all their shit so yeah, maybe i did
>>
File: 1344827214995.png (350KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1344827214995.png
350KB, 640x480px
i still love these guys even if they ended up getting killed by grazer arrows when we fought. Their ten years was almost up, so they died a good death
>>
>>45294875
This looks like the shitty new version with cut content.
>>
>>45296572
Nah mate, the new version didn't cut anything. It actually has new scenes added.
>>
>>45296626
I remember hearing they cut a ton of things out.
>>
>>45296657
>>
>>45296699
It's some kinda phone game now, it's pertinent to believe the worst about those.
>>
>>45296657
I believe they cut the 'Battle of Extinguish Field' option from the Famous Event section of chargen because it was bugged and had been literally doing nothing this entire time and they also removed your ability to manage some of the less important herd animals and your crafters in order to help it fit onto tablets. They also took out the big god-rock that told you about miracles and the graphical representation of your tula and replaced it with textual information.
All of the actual content, ie the stuff you play the game for, is still there and there's a few new event chains and artwork on top of that.

People misinterpreted that and I think a few sperglords were salty about not being able to micromanage their shitty attempt at minmaxing crafters or whatever
>>
>>45296710
>Calling people sperglords for liking management in their management sim.
See, this is the kind of thing you don't do if you expect to make someone agree with you.
>>
>>45296727
I'm sorry, do you actually care about the exact number of your crafters or their exact duties when you play KODP? If you do you're playing the wrong game because King of Dragon Pass isn't actually very good as a deep management sim.
People play KODP for the cool random events and the magic and the quests and a small amount of management. And a very copious helping of RNG of course.

And let's face it, spending all day fiddling with your crafters doesn't really accomplish anything more than just leaving them in their default state.

If you want a better criticism the tablet-edition of KODP can only hold one saved game at a time so you can't use save states to explore all of the wacky choices in an event or dial back when the RNG decides you're going to get fucked. Or you know, run multiple games at once. That bit kind of blows pretty hard.
>>
>>45296824
Isn't it a phone game too? That's a massive drawback in several ways.
>>
>>45295509
If you choose trolls as your favorite enemy the cragspider is gonna come and wreck your shit no matter what once you pissed the troll off enough.

Never ever choose trolls as ancestral enemy
>>
>>45296835
Well you can get the phone game on Steam. And fuck, I don't know why I've ended up trying to shill the Steam version to you for some reason because you can buy the old version on GOG, warts and all.

>>45296881
Really? I've done successful runs with trolls as ancestral enemy a few times, it's usually just increased raids from arseholes who are going to raid you anyway.
Are you sending explorers into Cragspider territory?
>>
>>45296911
Of course you can get the old one for PC, but the new one is exclusively on phones, that makes it amazingly flawed next to the old one right off, since it's for the worst 'system'.
>>
>>45296911
Then you haven't pissed them off enough.
Defending from troll raids does not raise the level of threat from trolls, but raiding their caravans, enslaving them or sacrificing them to the gods do, and eventually the cragspider comes and kills you dead.

Unfortunately it's an unwinnable fight. Even if you are the best tribe around the cragspider will stomp your shit
>>
>>45296929
You could always just emulate it with something like Bluestacks, but you've got a point
>>
>>45296956
I remember bluestacks being a big mess.
>>
>>45296824
Not the crafters, but I liked being able to better resist a coming bad harvest by increasing rye production.
>>
>>45296911
>>45296929

The steam version also works on pc and it is extremely entertaining
>>
>>45296952
Isn't she some ancient demigodess thing?
>>
>>45296929
No, you misunderstand me. The new version is on phones, tablets and Steam for PC.
If you bought the game on Steam you are playing the phone version.

>>45296952
Well then just don't enslave them or raid their caravans bro? Having them as your enemy doesn't force you to do that.
>>
>>45296984
>phones, tablets
Same thing.
>>
>>45296984
>having them as enemies doesn't force you to do that

It kinda does. Not going against trolls when you have the chance angers your ancestors and you lose magic. If you keep it up for too long they will eventually appear and demand some retribution
>>
>>45297034
How did your ancestors manage to survive like that?
>>
Ancestral Foe Tierlist

EASY GAME, EASY LIFE
Ice Demons: They barely happen anyway, nobody cares about them.

MOSTLY FINE
Trolls and Prax: These are just extra raids, don't fuck with the Cragspider.

SHITHEAD TIER
Elves: You can't get these fuckers in a fair fight, they will just ambush you and grow magic forests all over your croplands. Sometimes they just never appear though.

AVERT TIER
Salty Lord of the Sea: This guy isn't hard, he's just an asshole. Like the elves you can't fight him and the only thing he does is make your lands flood. A pain in the butt with zero reward. They actually removed him from later versions.

Beastmen: DON'T FUCK WITH THE DUCK
>>
>>45297039
They were badasses.

I usually go against ice demons. Not much of a problem and cool to fight since they are demons and shit's awesome
>>
File: 1430385403274.gif (844KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1430385403274.gif
844KB, 500x350px
>People actually allow their clan to split up.
>>
>>45297076
Bad King Urgrain never let his clan split, and those families who had no voice on the ring, stopped farming.
>>
>>45297333
Yeah well Good King anon let his clan split, and proceeded to be far weaker than before against external threats and had the new clan turn against him as an enemy and competitor very quickly.

Good King Anon had that happen to him in every game he played and allow it too. Conversely, when Good King Anon refused to let them split, he prospered and managed to become king of all Dragon's Pass.
>>
>>45297040
Oh sweet fucking Jesus the Ducks.

When you're playing the game for the first time and what looks like Donald Duck in Roman cosplay turns up. And challenges you to a duel.

You laugh. Why wouldn't you.

Then you stop laughing because they just broke your best warrior.
>>
>>45296952
>enslaving or sacrificing
would enslaving or giving trollkin to Eurmal really anger the cragspider? trolls never gave a shit to these guys as far as i know. Successfully raiding caravans tho, never again
>>
File: Page-08-Flat.jpg (3MB, 1829x2403px) Image search: [Google]
Page-08-Flat.jpg
3MB, 1829x2403px
Also, new Prince of Sartar.
>>
File: Lunars.png (11KB, 602x203px) Image search: [Google]
Lunars.png
11KB, 602x203px
>>45297040
>>
>>45298111
They're sure more likeable than all the other factions, though.
>>
>>45297792
>Axe Sister in bar

Shit's gonna get real.
>>
>>45298141
Axe Maiden; two storm bullies, zorak zorani berserkers, humakti and Yelornans; an orlanthi magician; and an orlanthi wearing iron.

Shit isn't going to go down here, because if shit went down, no one would be left to drink.
>>
>>45296952
>Unfortunately it's an unwinnable fight. Even if you are the best tribe around the cragspider will stomp your shit
this was the biggest bullshit while playing, I could take on my entire tribe when it revolted but can't stop any of the external leaders. Isn't the point of the game to prove that my tribe and it's leader were some kind of chosen people.
>>
>>45298632
They were. The chief of your clan (and later King of your tribe) proves themselves a Capital H Hero, a person who does great deeds and will go on to found a kingdom that will last for centuries, even when fighting with the Lunar enemies of the north.

One small problem? You might be a Hero with hundreds of trained soldiers on your side, but Cragspider is a demi-goddess, a being so powerful the only reason she has not ascended and left the Middle World is that she doesn't feel like it. She is Darkness and Fire and Fate, she is a creature that was born before Time was born and has lived in the Middle World for as long as it has exited as a separate entity from the God Time. You don't get to win against Cragspider, sorry.

You want to take out Cragspider? You need someone like Jaldon Goldentooth, or Harrek the Berserk, or Jar-eel the Razoress or any of the other living demi-gods that later start duking it out during the Hero Wars. If you can't accept that you're not the single most powerful thing in the world and everything doesn't actually revolve around your every whim, then I don't think Glorantha is the setting for you, because there is *always* someone or something bigger out there.
>>
>>45298719
Anon might also resent the Beastmen some. Unkillable furry armies are a bit annoying frankly.
>>
>>45298753
Ironhoof is no joke, though. seriously. you might get some extra points in magic fighting ducks but him coming down to your tribe is an instant game over since he's like Cragspider, which means, yes, utterly unkillable. on top of that, beastmen are fucking easy to piss off, so if you manage to get them visiting you, you'd want that Issaries heroquest asap
>>
>>45299835
>on top of that, beastmen are fucking easy to piss off
By the same token, they're also fairly easy to befriend.

I mean, the ducks are anyway. I always tend to run fairly heavy on Humakt, so helping them out with their undead problems is a good time for all. The centaurs and minotaurs and god knows what else are a bunch of dicks whatever you do.

I earnestly tried to get the ducks into my tribe one time when they asked. Never did manage it.
>>
>>45297058
Ice demons are cool because your clan is so used to fighting Winter Itself that fighting other clans in winter is no big deal
>>
File: mC7cTyN3.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
mC7cTyN3.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
>>45299977
>tfw
they came to me twice too and get rejected on both occasions since the other tribe members think they can't kick ass

screw those other furries though. minotaurs especially.
>>
Is the new steam version good? I heard it's missing some things.
>>
>>45300796
just a few minor stuff as stated >>45296710 . i've noticed you can't see the boundaries of your clan anymore too unless you're in a tribe and minor management stuff like goods production and crop types are now automatically managed by the game since there's not much reason to tamper with either in the original. slaughtering cows are still possible but i havent tried it yet along with the other herds
>>
I don't understand why you shills keep posting here.

You can download the game for free. It's over a decade old, and the new version is not much of an improvement over the old, which wasn't even all that good.

If people want to find out about this game, stop telling them to waste their money, and instead offer them the free download links, let them get a taste, and then mention that they can waste their money on a "new" version which is really just a reissue of the old one in an attempt to actually make some money off of this forgettable game that endures because of its ties with a largely defunct setting.
>>
File: Dean Wormer.jpg (33KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
Dean Wormer.jpg
33KB, 400x267px
>>45300947

>shills
>>
File: 1453467898594.jpg (238KB, 511x638px) Image search: [Google]
1453467898594.jpg
238KB, 511x638px
>>45300947
>>
>>45301118
>>45301262
>Damage control! Quick, damage control!
>>
>>45300947
>>45301323
So is liking something automatically shilling now?

I like talking about KoDP because it's one of my favourite games of all time. That's why I posted in this thread. Never once did I say anybody should buy the mobile version with its ugly interface - but the original wasn't perfect.

Still damn good, though. I mean, sometimes I like to listen to the music just to hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf0h1zg0vZA
>>
>>45301463
>So is liking something automatically shilling now?

For one, this isn't /vg/.
For two, this isn't the first time people have tried spamming this on this board, which is silly because it isn't a particularly good game and has definitely not aged well. It would be like people constantly trying to make Goldeneye threads.
For three, >>45296911
>>
>>45301644
>It would be like people constantly trying to make Goldeneye threads.
I see "FOR ENGLAND, JAMES?" every other time I visit /tv/
>>
>>45301682
Not the movie, the video game.
>>
>>45301644
>For one, this isn't /vg/
Jesus you must be so green you fit in with the martians. Don't you even know the Commander Keen rule?

>For two, this isn't the first time people have tried spamming this on this board
Obviously not, retard. It's a Glorantha game. You know, the world White Bear and Red Moon, Runequest, Hero Wars and a dozen other games are based in?
>>
>>45301323
Talk for yourself, newfag.
>>
>>45301747
>Don't you even know the Commander Keen rule?

That's not a rule according to the rules. It seems like it's just what people like you use to say "Hey, let us spam our off-topic content here, based on our subjective evaluations."

If you are even trying to evoke the Commander Keen rule for KoDP, you are basically misusing and abusing it, and are providing a firm argument against it.
/tg/ is not your "whatever I want to post" board.

>It's a Glorantha game. You know, the world White Bear and Red Moon, Runequest, Hero Wars and a dozen other games are based in?

It's a dated game attached to a setting that hasn't been relevant in... when did KoDP come out? 2000? I'm surprised you're still trying to carry that torch.
Really, anything anyone wants to know about the game can be found in less than two google searches. Download the game, play it for an hour or two, and then join in the increasing crowd of people who wonder why you guys persist digging up a game that was old and tired even when it first came out.

The only memorable aspect of the entire game is duck people. That's how low you're trying to set the bar as to what kind of games people can exhume from their coffins.
>>
>>45301938
/tg/ is not just for you, mate.

Go back to your kiddy card games, 40k and D&D if you like, but stop shitting up threads just because you weren't born before 2000.
>>
>>45301938
really, now. i was hoping that when i made this thread, i wanted to talk about /tg/'s experience with the game and maybe a bit more about Glorantha. but you had to barge in posting walls of texts claiming why discussions of something like this happen to be a stealth marketers trying to shill a 17 year old game instead.

but yeah, thanks for bumping the thread while i was away
>>
>>45302056
>/tg/ is not just for you, mate.

I repeat your words to you.

If you wanted people to care about this game, then don't tell them they should buy it. There's no reason to buy it. You can download it for free, and even emulate it on your phone without facing any huge obstacles.

I remember when the game first came out, well over a decade ago, and even back then I felt like someone was trying to play a joke on me by telling me it was a game worth playing. It's hardly even a game, with such transparent mechanics that after only an hour there's really no challenge to the game, and it's just an really tedious process of clicking through dull lore while pretending to worry about a crowd of faceless people that you have very little reason or incentive to care about.

If you wanted to discuss /tg/ games in general, or even civ/decision-making games like KoDP but better, then I think your shilling would be at least passably modest. But, an entire thread dedicated to a game that plays like a programmer, writer, and artist's first and heavily flawed attempt at making a game? Why pretend it's anything above mediocre, when all you're doing is setting up the curious for an enormous disappointment?
>>
File: 4trollcrop.jpg (72KB, 763x400px) Image search: [Google]
4trollcrop.jpg
72KB, 763x400px
>>45298719
>You want to take out Cragspider? You need someone like Jaldon Goldentooth
I'm not saying there are some things that should be beyond my reach but that bitch shouldn't be one of them especially when trolls are one of the few external threats that are basically unrelenting.

And if i remember correctly, one of the lesser heroes from your tribe goes out and beats Jaldon Goldentooth if you play your cards right so stopping your tribe from at least having a chance of repelling cragspider or the other "you pissed off the wrong faction" bosses is retarded.
>>
>>45302115
>stealth marketers trying to shill a 17 year old game instead.

You mean a 17-year old game that's been re-released in various forms in the last 4 years, with a new release of the same game just last year.

Someone is clearly trying to still milk this thing for money.
>>
>>45302273
Mate, if you didn't like KoDP, that's fine.

Maybe management games based in deep tribalistic lore with beautifully crafted myths and diverse, interesting cultures are not for you.

That's fine. You like what you like. But you need to accept that other folks like what they like, too - and King of Dragon Pass is an amazing game about leading a clan of endearingly superstitious, ambiguously-celtic bronze-age pagans through the troubles and triumphs of life in a fantasy world.
>>
>>45302306
Yeah that's wrong in that goldontooth isn't actually on that level. He's barely noteworthy beyond coming back to life. Ironhoof is actually closer to cragspider's level.

Frankly he's really shitty at coming back to life since he needs the tribes of prax ti do something instead of just fighting his way out of hell.
>>
>>45302344
>superstitious
It's not superstition when you're right.
>>
>>45302379
Well, yeah, but divinations seem to end up getting fucked with five times out of ten.
>>
>>45302379
They aren't always right though, that's the thing.
>>
>>45301938

This is sad, for years king of dragon pass has been one of /tg/ all time favorites. And them comes this faggot yelling to stop having fun because it supposedly it doesn't belong here despite the years of threads, the half-dozen lets plays, art and discussion about the setting. Not to mention the tacit approval of the mods. You don't like it? Report it and hide it, otherwise you are the only one spamming and breaking the rules.
>>
>>45302344
>Maybe management games based in deep tribalistic lore with beautifully crafted myths and diverse, interesting cultures are not for you.
>King of Dragon Pass is an amazing game about leading a clan of endearingly superstitious, ambiguously-celtic bronze-age pagans through the troubles and triumphs of life in a fantasy world.

If you're going to pretend you're not a shill, you should try not sounding like one. It's a game about clicking between farming and feuding, while random events try to keep your interest but largely fail once you start to piece together how the games mechanics work. It's all about as exciting as that dull and distant battle noise they use over the fight scenes.

Also, it's not really a matter of whether I like or dislike it, or whether you like or dislike it.
/vg/ exists for a reason, and it's precisely for shills like you who think that this game is even worth $5 to have people familiar with the game to exactly tell you why it isn't.

It's nice that you like this game. There's a lot of old video games I like myself. Do you see me making multiple threads dedicated to those old video games on a traditional games board? No, because I've got a lick of sense, and I'm also not standing to make any money.
>>
>>45302401
Each individual "superstition" is right more often than its wrong.
>>
>>45302505
Not a shill, mate. I mean, at this point there's so many of us who've told you you're wrong you must have some kind of serious brain problems to keep going on like this - or you're trolling.

Which is fine, I guess. Posting bullshit to get a reaction is a time-honoured tradition.

But if you tell me to tell people what's good about the game, and then criticise me for speaking on the game's good points, i'm left stumped as to what you could possibly want from me.

Maybe you're just wanking yourself off about being the /tg/ police, hell if I know.
>>
>>45302403
>This is sad, for years king of dragon pass has been one of /tg/ all time favorites.

Hyperbole is bad.
Trying to speak for an entire board is also bad.
Grandfather clauses are bad too.
Spamming off-topic games in a shilling manner? Very bad.

What's left? The hope that this game is good enough to ignore all that?
Sadly, it isn't, and I actually encourage everyone to go ahead, google up a free download, and to form their own opinions on the game instead of listening to you pretend that any large amount of people ever liked it. They should then feel free to post their opinions on /vg/.
>>
>>45302639
>Trying to speak for an entire board is also bad.
Yes it is.

Are you gonna' fuck off yet?
>>
>>45302306
To be honest, I don't think she'll get pissed for just dealing with raiders.

Plus, it's not just Cragspider you have to deal with. It's also her ally.

You remember the Dragonkill? When all the True Dragons came and wiped out the magnificent cities and tribes that used to be in Dragon Pass? Cragspider confronted one. It's now her friend.
>>
>>45301938
>/tg/ is not your "whatever I want to post" board.
Yes it is, you questloving newfag.

It's WH40K+other shit we find interesting.
Not even newmoot can change that.
>>
>>45302590
>Not a shill, mate.
Would you ever say otherwise? Either way, my advice is not to sound like a shill.

Don't pretend it's not easy to download for free, don't exalt the "myths" that are practically unreadable by being so dull, and let's not pretend that this game best-left-forgotten has any merit beyond being the gateway to Glorantha, a setting so boring and antiquated that the only surprises that come from it are any continued mention of it.

Likely, without KoDP, it would have disappeared altogether two decades ago, without being any great loss.
>>
>>45302884
>Stop liking what I don't like!
I've never said it's not easy to download the damn thing.

The mythology is cool.

This game is a timeless classic and is not "Best left forgotten."

And Glorantha is one of the most unique settings ever conceived, easily the equal - in my opinion vastly superior to - Middle Earth.
>>
>>45302950
Greg, get off the internet.

Your myths are hollow and lack purpose beyond being facsimiles of other myths.

Your setting has duck people.
>>
>>45302950

You should probably just let it go, as soon as you see someone using the word shill like that you can pretty much just dismiss them as someone who thinks every board is /v/.
>>
>>45303039
Damn kids.
>>
>>45303060
>damage control

I mean, I understand you have to, but it's still kind of sad to watch.
>>
>>45294875
How fucking pleb-tier can you get?

Shrine to Ernalda to make and preserve food, then trade food for huge amounts of cows, and don't forget to raid all the time for land and cattle. You can't lose.
>>
>>45303088
What's more probable:
a) a fellow anon actually likes something enough to post about it on a board which may or may not be suitable; or
b) someone is getting paid to secretly advertise on 4chan by posing as a fa/tg/uy, and is trying incredibly hard to convince people that they're not advertising?

For fuck sake, you assblasted, semen snorting, piss guzzling shitehawk, there is a reason Occam's razor is a thing.
>>
>>45296881
Is there actually any reason to NOT pick arctic dude as your ancestral enemy?
>>
>>45296929
It works absolutely fine on phones and ipods. Portable, too. Definitely my favourite iOS (or android) game.
>>
>>45303220
Challenge, I guess?
>>
>>45297333
Yeah well Greedy King Anon has four times the number of soldiers his enemy has to defend his tula even when he's surprised.

And he's never surprised. He also has forty weaponthegns.
>>
>>45303191
What would a shill want people to believe?

Regardless of what you want people to think, you really do seem like you're trying your damnedest to promote this game, you cum-farting, shit-drinking, glorantha-loving illiterate who can't navigate his way to the appropriate board for writing your love letters to games which just really aren't all that special.
>>
>>45303351
>Badwrongfun?
>DOWNVOTE
>Wait, where's the downvote button?
>>
>>45303351
He's not me, i'm not him, you're speaking to multiple people who think you're a douchebag for shitting on a beloved setting just because it isn't as accessible as whatever your poison of choice may be.

Your hatred of text-based, narratively driven games leads me to believe that must be... I dunno... Magic? Since that has barely any lore and lets you indulge your obvious autism?
>>
>>45303513
He's baiting you terminal retard.
>>
>no save function
shame would have bought it if that was in
>>
>>45303531
I figured he must be, yeah.
>>
>>45303220
Mechanically, Ves Venna is always the strongest pick. Not only do you get better chances at raiding during Dark Season, which no one sees coming, but you get magic for doing so. Their unique events aren't too devastating, either.

I'm personally a big fan of hating Praxians, since it doesn't affect the early game that much, even in Long games.
>>
>>45303562

There is in the GOG edition, if you so desire.
>>
>>45303562
The original definitely had saves. I've got a whole bunch still sitting in my documents.

Does the mobile version not?
>>
>>45303586

The new version has autosaves, no manual saves. Makes save scumming harder.
>>
>>45303612
Enforced ironman? Kind of shitty.
>>
>>45303571
You can even get some horses after beating Praxians and sell them later
>>
>>45303585
thanks anon will check it out then
>>
>>45303633

You can pull up taskmanager and quit out of the game if an event goes your way. Not the same as a proper restore point, but better than nothing.
>>
>>45303351
>to promote this game
KoDP is one of the popular games on /tg/ and it's related to Runequest, a traditional tabletop game. Nobody here tries to promote some shitty irrelevant to /tg/ game like Towergirls.
>>
>>45303633
You can restart at the beginning of any previous year. You can not do ironman if you don't want to.
>>
>>45303509
>>45303531
Nice memes. My advice is to elevate your abilities a little, because these kind of posts only make you look upset and incapable of refutation.

>>45303513
Please, do me a favor. Don't tell me why I'm doing something.

It's not because the setting isn't "as accessible". If anything, it would be because it's bland and isn't particularly distinguished by any strengths, with some particularly cumbersome lore that is why it remains rather unpopular outside of its fanatic devotees. It's not a good setting, which is why no one bothers with it.

But, it's not even about that, nor do I dislike text-based, narrative games.

What I don't like is this casual arrogance, which you've allowed to convince yourself that this video game is somehow so amazing that it deserves a special exception to the rules.

While I'm certainly all for the occasional off-topic thread, this is the second such a thread trying to promote this game in under a week, and when the game just isn't particularly good, I'm left to wonder why you think that you are special, and that other people shouldn't be allowed to do as you do, and spam this board with off-topic promotions.

What I want to know is why you think that we should expect it to be a coincidence, or that it should be permitted, when there's hundreds, potentially even thousands, of games that are not only more relevant to games people actually play on this board but are actually worth playing, yet they go without people acting like promoters, unpaid or otherwise?

If you're genuinely just here to learn people's opinions of this game, which there's plenty of reason to doubt, than I can offer you this.

It's not a good game.

With that said, any other agenda you might have in mind, whatever convinced you that this kind of thread does not belong on /vg/, than I can offer you nothing but scorn.
>>
>>45303691
Towergirls is entirely relevant to /tg/.

It's just not relevant to traditional games.
>>
>>45303585
>gog version

You mean you can download it for free and have been able to for over a decade.

How are you not shilling again?
>>
File: LaughingVictorians.jpg (99KB, 570x826px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingVictorians.jpg
99KB, 570x826px
>>45303820
>>
File: 1381168988700.jpg (149KB, 604x543px) Image search: [Google]
1381168988700.jpg
149KB, 604x543px
>>45303842

I'm not even the guy you've been arguing with.

>YFW
>>
>>45303822
>It's just not relevant to traditional games.
Therefore it doesn't relevant to /tg/.
>>
So, what I get out of this thread is that there basically was a single right answer to every situation in KoDP, and the only way you'd ever have of figuring it out was knowing the Glorantha lore. Wow, those were some wasted hours.
>>
>>45303879
Hello newfriend, be sure to check the sticky, and never feel afraid to ask questions!
>>45303881
Nicememe.
>>
>>45303881
Nah. I mean there is usually a better answer than others but you rarely need to know more than the game tells you.
>>
>>45303881

There's not a single right answer to every situation. There's many that can go different ways depending on your clan's skills, values, and sheer chance. The main storyline of a Long game does require specific events, yes, because it's a retelling of the founding of kingdom of Sartar.

Getting the best outcomes does require knowledge of the setting, yes. Though the game's mechanics aren't cutting you any favors, either.
>>
>>45303820
If you don't think the game is an exception to the rules then report and move on, either the mods agree with you or they don't.
>>
>>45303871
Really.

Anytime people make these "HEY CHECK OUT THIS SUPER AWESOME AND COOL GAME, AVAILABLE ON IOSâ„¢ AND GOGâ„¢ AND NOW AVAILABLE ON STEAMâ„¢!", I'm always wondering where the people who'll say "Hey, this game is 17 years old and is like less than 80mb altogether and you've been able to download it for well over a decade, here's some links" are.
>>
>>45303949
Yeah, reading the in game lore helps, or listening to the advisers, or reading the manual.

And given the complaints generally seem to be "why can't I fight X", as if they're a normal foe, and explaining it doesn't seem to help, I'm not sure what the game could do to explain it better.
>>
Man, wannabe mods are the worst.
>>
>>45304039
Why?
>>
File: Dwarfpocalypse no borders.png (444KB, 644x485px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarfpocalypse no borders.png
444KB, 644x485px
>>45304039
Interestingly, no one was mentioning where to get it, other than discussing what versions were which. (Given they don't really have version numbers, describing the different versions any other way smacks of Blue Peter style genericization of obvious brands.)

Even the person answering the "what is this?" question, didn't give a link or anything.

If we are shills for posting in this thread, we're remarkably inefficient ones.
>>
>>45304171
Aw shit, I never managed to get the dwarf apocalypse. How did you manage that?
>>
>>45304120
Because that's the major difference between people wanting to share and people wanting to advertise.

If people are interested in playing the game, if you were really, genuinely in the highest of interests in getting them to play the game, you wouldn't tell them to cough up money for an aged product with the only assurance that it's worth anything at all is your salespitch.

People passed out Game PDFs all the time on /tg/, providing links to larger downloads, while also sharing music, books, and even other video games. Sharing is the status quo here, especially when it comes to items that are really easy to share.

It's when a few people make these kinds of threads, and when asked how to get the game, a game that I'll remind you is so easy to download for free that's it'll actually take you longer to buy it, what when they reply that they should purchase and from where that it starts to make you wonder about what their goals are.
>>
File: Dinopocalypse.png (612KB, 640x483px) Image search: [Google]
Dinopocalypse.png
612KB, 640x483px
>>45304205
I deliberately went out of my way to trigger a bunch of them (still didn't get the troll version though)

In this case, I knew exactly where the dwarves were... so I sent three exploration parties to the same place at the right time, so I could meet them three times, and steal from them each time.
>>
>>45304205
I did it by just generally shitting on them whenever I got the chance, and repeatedly sending dudes to them.
>>
>>45304281
>you wouldn't tell them to cough up money for an aged product with the only assurance that it's worth anything at all is your salespitch.
Why not? I'm having trouble understanding your view here.
>>
File: Mostali Warning.png (558KB, 649x610px) Image search: [Google]
Mostali Warning.png
558KB, 649x610px
>>45304205
Oh yeah, and because I like it.

Their warning event.
>>
>>45304281

There's a nugget of a good idea in what you say, if it weren't marinating in venom.

If I pointed you to a torrent of the GOG version, would you feel better?
>>
>>45294875
I tried playing this game once but it gave me zero tutorials or help and I just said fuck it when I couldn't figure out how to even navigate the menu.
>>
>Talking about a game at all is advertising

I want /v/ to leave
>>
>>45304325
Because that's not in the best interest of the person on /tg/, but for the people who purchased the rights to redistribute the game.

If you want to support people who bought the license to a decade old game that sold poorly, then that's wonderful, but I would encourage you to encourage people to do that after they've had a chance to play the game, especially since it is so easy to download due to its small size and ready availability.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-09-04-41-29.jpg (821KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-09-04-41-29.jpg
821KB, 1280x720px
>>45303147
i know, i'm actually doing far better than before when i made some good choices. Getting like-minded allies nearby to join my tribe and go on a mad rush for trading treasure after getting my coffers bursting with goods helps too. and i don't even have to maintain half as many shrines from my previous run to get this far
>>
>>45304371
Honestly? The only reason I've refrained from posting the links myself is because I'm just about convinced that the people here would try and have them taken down.
>>
>>45304422
See, the problem I have with this is that we've had this conversation before. And you've still failed to address the fact that the guy who owns the license made the game, and last time I suggested what you are now saying and you got all worked up about it.

Plus, no one tells people that they can pirate a game. Everyone knows you can pirate games.
>>45304462
Good excuse, faggot.
>>
>>45304389
I may seem a little condescending here, but if you wanted a tutorial, did it not occur to you to try the tutorial option?
>>
>>45304422
How is it so difficult for you to understand that paying money for a game is a fucking non-issue for many people, and when saying where you can get it, they might - what a shocker - say where they got it, conveniently in a STORE.

It's great you wanna fight the establishment and don't want money given to big King of Dragon Pass selling buisness, but don't pretend everybody who thinks buying a game is kind of a convenient way of aquiring it has some secret agenda beyond just doing the thing where humans exchange currency for goods and services.
>>
>>45304389
the old version relies on you reading the manual before you try out anything crazy or just learning the ropes. they even have a "tour" mode so it's like a tutorial
>>
Clearly, someone in this thread pissed off the Cragspider, as her child has come to muck about in our grain storage.

>don't feed the trolls.
>>
>>45304546

Not to mention the people who like these games want the people who make them to be successful, which generally involves some kind of monetary exchange.
>>
>>45304597

I'm pretty sure it's some Eurmali curse of Disorder. I've seen similar things and arguments in other KODP threads.
>>
>>45304368
That's one optimistic cunt.
>>
>>45304691
The dwarves or "I bet they only kill 7/10"
>>
>>45304597
Actually it was me. I cast Summon Evil and spawned a troll raid inside the thread's tula.
>>
>>45304504
>>45304546
It's a matter of priorities.

I don't really like this game. But, even so, I'd want people to try it if they have an hour or two to spare. With that as my motivation, I would provide them with the fastest, easiest, and cheapest way of trying it out, or at least advice on how to do so.

In other similar threads about other old games, those links are readily available. If people want people to play a game, it's done with almost no thought whatsoever.

Here, however? It's conspicuously absent. People telling people where they can buy it, and what version of it they can buy, and how you can buy it for the phone or tablet? That's here, but not the simplest answer of "google a download, it's smaller than a music CD in mp3 format."

What is someone supposed to think, aside from that you are less interested in getting as many people playing the game, and more interested in getting as many people as you can buying it?
>>
>>45304691

It's an Eurmali ring member - what did you expect?
>>
>>45304739
>I don't really like this game. But, even so, I'd want people to try it if they have an hour or two to spare. With that as my motivation, I would provide them with the fastest, easiest, and cheapest way of trying it out, or at least advice on how to do so.
Yes, but most people in a KODP thread *do* like the game (a lot), so they don't want to provide them with the fastest, easiest, cheapest way of *trying it out* -- because it does not occur to them that someone would not want to play the whole thing. Plus, it's kind of assumed that you'll do some more research, like a normal person. And it's also very cheap.

I have never seen those links in similar threads.

>What is someone supposed to think, aside from that you are less interested in getting as many people playing the game, and more interested in getting as many people as you can buying it?
Not that. I do not think you realise how irrational it is to believe that people have any sort of selfless, corroborated, web-like agenda.
>>
File: Dwarfpocalypse Text.png (100KB, 223x422px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarfpocalypse Text.png
100KB, 223x422px
>>45304724
The trickster.

They actually do pull off their threat.
>>
Generally links are more a symptom of old gamss being really hard to find legitimate ways to acquire. Before the GoG version you usually would have links.
>>
>>45304841
This. I mean, shit, abandonware is fair game.

But where the money still goes to the original developer and is easily available for purchase is entering much more morally dubious territory.
>>
>>45304739
mate, we aren't 12 years old. We can figure out how to pirate things on our own without an explicit reminder that it's possible every time a game is mentioned

Literally no one in the thread was encouraging people to purchase it or obtain it in any way, you're the only one telling us what's the "right" way to get it. Fuck off already
>>
>>45304739
okay, maybe people do act in the fashion you describe, and then this thread is an anomily that might point to spooky illuminati that want to promote a game months after it came out. Sure.

My money, however is, that people don't prioritize giving new people the best options of trying out if they'd like it, and have a bit more of a focus on just talking about the game as is.

For example: "I heard you can't save!"
"You can in the Gog version"

Doesn't strike me as suspicious through it's abscence of a [which you can pirate by the way]

This isn't a sales pitch where you want to ease people into buying your game, it's just pointing to where the thing you are talking about is, and if you want to talk about it too, you can find it there.

so this leads to:

>What is someone supposed to think, aside from that you are less interested in getting as many people playing the game, and more interested in getting as many people as you can buying it?

Neither. It's not about expanding the playerbase. It's just. About talking. About the game. that's the long and short of it
>>
>>45304800
>because it does not occur to them that someone would not want to play the whole thing

You can download the entire game for free.
Also, that's quite a leap in logic you're making.

>And it's also very cheap.
And it also comes with a music soundtrack and exclusive artwork!

>I have never seen those links in similar threads.
Have you been in /vg/? The appropriate place to talk about video games? They throw out links like mad. Even on /tg/, most generals have the rulebook PDFs available for download, and any game that's as easy to download as KoDP has a megupload along with it.

Really, KoDP is so easy to download, I'm genuinely shocked you guys would even attempt to tell people to try and buy a 17-year old game, regardless of what device you've ported it to.
>>
>>45304993
>I'm genuinely shocked you guys would even attempt to tell people to try and buy a 17-year old game
Heaven forfend anyone not want to break the law like you, with your comfortable airs of casual criminality.
>>
>>45304993
I like to support people that make things I like, shocking
>>
>>45304993
Unless the video game is /tg/ related, which KoDP *IS*! Your probably hate Dwarf Fortress threads, too. God forbid anyone mention Bloodlines.
>>
>>45297792
Prince of Satar is the most fucking esoteric thing I've ever read

and I love it.
>>
>>45304962
>For example: "I heard you can't save!"
>"You can in the Gog version"

You can save in the original version, which is also the easiest to download and has been available for years. It's actually even MORE suspicious, like an attempt to get people to avoid the more accessible downloads.

>Neither. It's not about expanding the playerbase. It's just. About talking. About the game. that's the long and short of it

Here's the mental gap. If you like the game, and think it's good, don't you want to share it if a person shows interest in it? Isn't that the common, expected motivation for anyone who actually cares about anyone?

>>45304841
>>45304876
>>45304951
I don't really think you appreciate just how easy it is to download for free. At 17 years old, it was basically practically abandonware until its rerelease on the IOS. It is such an old game, and it is so small, that you can download it in less than a minute, search included.

When it's that easy, and someone recommends buying it off of GOG of Steam for $5+ more than its worth instead of just offering a link, I start to worry.
>>
>>45305024
>>45305044
>>45305089
Tell me, how are you trying to convince anyone you are NOT a shill?
>>
File: tinfoilhatguy.jpg (62KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tinfoilhatguy.jpg
62KB, 320x240px
>>45305319
why bother? if people are that afraid of the big bad shill boogyman it's not like anything said here is going to pry the tinfoil hat off of their head
>>
>>45305319
No point really. People think what they think.

It would be cool to be paid just to live how I want liking the things that I like and saying so, but no such luck, sadly.
>>
Let the Middle Air split the Earth and Sky and bring new life to the world.
>>
>>45305359
>>45305387
If you're going to use textbook shill answers, I guess you're done.
>>
>>45305519
What's it like to be paranoid?
>>
>>45305519

Good god, what do you want? A signed affidavit from Moot that his opinions aren't paid for?
>>
>>45305543
Hey Dave, how's that Six Ages game you've been working on? It's been pushed back to... what, a late 2016 release now?

Terrified that it isn't going to sell well unless more people take an interest in KoDP and Glorantha in general?
>>
>>45305627
... What?
>>
>>45305627
You respond to accusations of being paranoid... By being paranoid. Holy shit dude, get your life priorities in order.

In relation to thread subject matter, why does my clan always start dying by year three?
>>
File: e37.png (20KB, 425x404px) Image search: [Google]
e37.png
20KB, 425x404px
>>45305706
>You respond to accusations of being paranoid... By being paranoid. Holy shit dude, get your life priorities in order.
>>
>>45305706
Depends. What do you tend to do in your first three years?
>>
>>45305706

More data is required. What are you doing? What are you having problems with?
>>
>>45305706
Do you clear a lot of land when you first start out? A lot of times if you mess with things at the beginning it can quickly spiral out of control.
>>
File: Sartar.png (695KB, 607x1297px) Image search: [Google]
Sartar.png
695KB, 607x1297px
>>45305454
That reminds me of a story I wanted to tell. Well, actually several stories, about the same thing.

The Broken Planet.
Now, we're all good Orlanthi here. (Well, except for me), so we all know the story of Umath's feud with the Emperor.
But for those who do not know, Umath was the son of Aether the Sky, and Gata the Earth. He had long been denied his birthright and bride by his brother, the Evil Emperor.
He rose into the sky to oppose the Emperor, but the Emperor had many sons who warned him. The Emperor was so angry at this warning, he even devoured one child. And he sends his other children to oppose Umath. All but the monstrous Jagrekriand are too feeble and cowardly to challenge the storm god, but the monstrous Jagrekriand is terrible enough that he met Umath blow for blow, until he struck the storm god a terrible wound. Umath fell from the sky to the north, cracking the world pillar and setting the sky moving, even his death, defying the Emperor. His sons later return to the site of Umath's grave to take his weapons.

But this is not the only story.

There is another tale, about when Orlanth conquered the heavens.
He was opposed at every turn by the demons of the sky. The queen of heaven sent one to seduce him. The bat queen tried to blind him, but Orlanth was not so easily cowed.
Even red Jagrekriand came to oppose Orlanth, and he maimed Orlanth's charioteer, so forever more he limped.
But Orlanth was not to be stopped, until he met the General of Heaven. He was spoken for by his wife, the Mistress of Dance. Who said that for Orlanth to join the skies, he must join in the dance of the skies.
Orlanth said "Is it this one?" and danced a wild and whooping war dance.
The Mistress of Dance was frightened, as this was not the dance. But whenever anyone tried to do the dance of the skies from now on, they could only perform Orlanth's dance.
The General of Heaven could not deny Orlanth's prowess, and became his loyal thane, Rigsdal.
>>
>>45304962

Gog version is the original version though, and hey guess what? Gog titles are popular as fuck torrents. Piss off you autist

>he actually thinks people need to be reminded that they can pirate something
>>
>>45305747
>jokes on you, I was only pretending to be retarded.

>>45305754
Typically war with enemy tribes, interact with ducks, and explore south and west.

>>45305757
I'm really shit at trading and agreements of that sort.

>>45305762
Yeah, I typically choose the "land to grow into" (but not a greedy amount), and clear cut the forest.
>>
>>45305937
If you clear too much land without enough cattle and farmers to plow it, it can fuck with your game. If you go to the farming screen an adviser should tell you how much cultivated land you can support. Staying close to that number is usually the best policy.
>>
>>45305937
>Typically war with enemy tribes
If you lose a couple of big battles right out the gate you can not have enough farmers to feed folk, I guess.

Sacrifice to learn the mysteries of a combat blessing or two before heading out in force. Generally I stick to cattle raids for the first couple of years, assuming that the gods don't demand we sally forth.
>>
File: Broken Planet.png (503KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
Broken Planet.png
503KB, 576x576px
>>45305843
But those are not the only stories.

In Dara Happa, it is spoken of foul Umatum. He was one of the many godlings who came to see the great god Yelm, but he was barbaric and naked. Yelm tried to name him Entekos, meaning the Right Air. But the demon refused that name, and so proved his barbarity.
Yelm's son Shargsh lept to oppose the demon, and threw him screaming from the skies. Umatum crashed into the northern camp, destroying the Pillar there, and setting the sky into havoc. Umatum went away to nurse his wounds, while everyone else tried to set things right.

And yet there is another story.

In Pelanda, neighbouring Dara Happa, there is a story from the green age, before Brightface stole the rulership from the goddesses.
The gods had elected Entekos as the most virtuous of deities, and given her a great home, the House of Virtue.
This house was filled with virtue, which the goddess shared with all who visited.
Unfortunately, there came someone who had never been seen before, Daak the stranger.
Entekos was the perfect host, providing him with hospitality, when he asked for good, she gave him that, and drink and entertainment.
But Daak was not satisfied. He saw the virtue of the house, and of Entekos, and desired it. When Entekos resisted, he stole the virtue from her, wounding her greatly.
When Entekos was wounded, Doburdun, the god of Thunder appeared at her brow. He chased Daak out of the House of Virtue, and beat him completely. But still Daak had stolen the virtue, and the House of Virtue was never as welcoming as it once was.
>>
>>45306028
Oh yeah, I learn mysteries for home production and combat. And war with enemy tribes means those two dicks that are rivs to your tribe. I typically only cattle raid, unless they ever mount an assault or take ALL of my cattle. Only then do I go to war, and I try to destroy that Tula asap.
>>
>>45305937
>Typically war with enemy tribes
If you are warring a bunch of people you might be in trouble. You don't want to have too many feuds or otherwise you're going to get fucked.
>>
File: Sorceror and Familiar.jpg (72KB, 403x437px) Image search: [Google]
Sorceror and Familiar.jpg
72KB, 403x437px
>>45306163
So, what do these four stories mean?
They all refer to the same event. The Broken Planet.

In what most people call the Golden Age, the sky appeared in perfect harmony, until a new planet appeared.
It moved in a spiral around the sky, disrupting the orbit of the other planets, until it collided with the Red Planet.
At this point, the new planet broke, most of it falling into what is now the White Sea; while the remaining fragments remained in the sky as the Broken Planet. Known by many names, but most familiar as Orlanth's ring.

The Red Planet was known as Jagrekriand, Shargash, and even Doburdun.
The future Broken Planet was Umath, Orlanth, Umath, and Daak.
The sky was the home to the Emperor, to the General of Heaven, or even Entekos' House of Virtue.

These are all perspectives of the one event.

So now we know this. Why not perform the quest of How Orlanth Conquered the Stars to steal Entekos' treasure? Welcome to God Learnering 101
>>
>>45305937
>I'm bitter and misuse memes

If you can't laugh because the joke's at your expense, that's your own fault.
>>
>>45306243
Here come the gift-carriers. Hark! Their keening cry!
>>
>>45306000
I try to, but whenever I do, I'm either forced into combat with rivals, which I tend to win, giving me huge number of herds, or I'm immediately RNG out of my herds.
>>
>>45306279
Projecting much? We are all here talking about a /tg/ related game. You are the one demanding everyone's attention like a fucking retard.
>>
>>45306320
Try selling the excess cows for goods or food. They aren't as valuable, but they're more secure and won't eat you out of house and home.
>>
>>45294875

Any of you goys has some megaupload links or something? I wanna take a dip.
>>
why is there an autist going on about how awful this game is and how it shouldn't be on /tg?
>>
>>45306488
Greg Stafford pissed in his cheerios twenty years ago and he's still bitter.
>>
>>45306471

If you can't google "King of Dragon Pass GOG torrent," I dunno if I can help you.
>>
File: tumblr_nmum2asysK1tktszbo1_1280.jpg (1MB, 1280x1219px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmum2asysK1tktszbo1_1280.jpg
1MB, 1280x1219px
>>45306606
>>
>>45306471
> goy
> looking to save money

> Jew confirmed.
>>
>>45306670

SHUT IT DOWN!

>>45306606

I can, none of links actually work and i can't torrent it because THEY are watching me.
Will not risk it for 'i want to just try some old game'.
>>
>>45304618
there's always one faggot in any thread that has to do with glorantha that shits on the setting and anything to do with it
>>45304812
holy shit, they even kill ht e non-combatants.
Where's the gloranthan geneva convention when you need it.
>>
>>45306606
>>45306670
the lime torrent is apparently malware and caused my widnows defender to shit itself. ffs.

>>45306785
just by the game on GOG, it's 6 bucks and you can refund it with tech support.
>>
>>45306792
It's called The Great Compromise.
>>
>>45306792
Given "non-combatants" includes children, I don't think most players would mind.
>>
>>45306936
>"non-combatants" includes children, I don't think most players would mind.
I wouldn't want the kids of my clan being slaughtered
>>
FUCK YOU SHITS FOR RECOMMENDING THE TORRENT. I AM STILL TRYING TO REMOVE THE MALWARE AND OMNIBOX AND HAD TO INSTALL SPYHUNTER4!

Damn you guys next time don't be shits.
>>
File: 14456466.jpg (28KB, 493x537px) Image search: [Google]
14456466.jpg
28KB, 493x537px
>>45307788
>he doesn't have Common Sense 2016
>>
>>45307800
the file had the same fucking name as the game I was wanting to download.
Malware should be flagged by Google Chrome. There was no reason to think it was malware.
>>
>>45306670
>>45306785
>>45306804
>>45307788
I don't know if you're joking or not.

It's weird, because in the past, KoDP threads would have a link to a free download. It's even searchable in the archive.

All this "I'm having trouble downloading it" and "you should buy it" horror story business sounds like a joke, but I don't even know what to believe anymore.
>>
>>45294875
I once made a game where my goal was to become the king (long game) whilst fucking with every equally. All the non-humans to the point where they would send delegations on a yearly basis just to warn me (i think it might've been a bug) and all the other clans and tribes would simply not attack me for the fear of a counter attack with my massive 500 headed infantry force and 30 odd thanes (taking your time to have more warriors than anybody). Mind you everything had gone my way through the entire game.
>>
>>45307788
Nobody here suggested you torrent it, just that it is a possibility if you refuse to support good work. Not our fault you blindly download stuff without computer protection.
>>
>>45308225
Are you continuing with this joke business? I don't understand why you want to pretend it's hard or even risky to download it.
>>
>>45308336
I'm not pretending shit. I'm making fun of an idiot who blindly downloads files without computer protection. Dudes a chuckle fuck.
>>
>>45307889
It's people being brainwashed shills.

There is no moral reason to buy a game where the developers don't get anything out of your money.
>>
>>45308356
No, but you added
>just that it is a possibility if you refuse to support good work

It's hard to not assume you're trying to steer people away from downloading when you say things like that. If that's your joke, it's not a particularly funny one.
>>
>>45308356
I download files without protection all the time and nothing bad has happened in like ten years.
>>
>>45308481
Word, brother.

I take it that you avoid the obvious scams?
>>
>>45308546
Well yeah.

>downloading a file archive
>it's an .exe
>:^)
>>
>>45308443
I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. But if you blindly download without protection, you are an idiot.

>>45308481
Congrats, you are either lucky or intelligent enough not to download sketchy as fuck .exe's
>>
>>45308585
>Congrats, you are either lucky or intelligent

I don't really understand the whole "let's pretend a ten year old couldn't do it" humor, but I guess if that's your angle, I suggest that you might as well push the exaggeration a little more. It's already absurd, but not to the point of being funny.
>>
>>45308689
In my experience 10 year olds can't do it, that's why I don't let them onto my computer.
>>
>>45308689
Let's look at it logically:
Either you blindly download files and have been lucky
OR
You are intelligent enough to not download sketchy .exe's.

Not once did I mention age. Simply luck or intelligence. The whiner above is both unlucky and unintelligent.
>>
>>45308925
You're pretending the poster above actually downloaded a virus. Or even tried downloading the game. It's these jokes that I don't follow.
>>
>>45307889
Then post the link nigger. You're doing just as badly as the rest of us.
>>
>>45303237
Phones are fucking trash.
>>
>>45309006
Read the thread. I am clearly talking about this bitch >>45307788
Thread posts: 219
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.