[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k RPG General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 30

File: HraPq.png (162KB, 600x255px) Image search: [Google]
HraPq.png
162KB, 600x255px
For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.

Book Repositories (mega is more comprehensive and up to date)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg
Shield of Humanity PDF
https://mega.nz/#!xlRWBaiI!MmOEkMse0wHVsyLDGbZJVGUXgVEuB9lWSyVl6ZhvgGM

Enemies Without:
https://my.mixtape.moe/jbsyqt.pdf

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armour and NPCs/adverseries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v5.43.150418), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Not updated with any DH2 content.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Fear and Loathing (Ver 1.5.2) and The Fringe is Yours (Ver 1.5.1), /tg/ made Rogue Trader homebrew supplements for playable xenos, Knights, Horus Heresy gear, and other things
http://www.mediafire.com/view/kpl4pvkdiidvg6n/Fear_and_Loathing.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/view/nf19t1z8p2prwrx/The_Fringe_is_Yours.pdf

Does it feel better to work your way up, from the gutter running of Dark Heresy to, say, the high adventure of Rogue Trading? It's so improbable in the setting it makes one wonder if it should be aspired to.
>>
>>45292101
I wish my groups were able to achieve such a progression, but I'm afraid the conflicting schedules of adult life will keep them at the level of inspecting Daemon poop
>>
Hey folks.

I've been trying to figure out a way to add some suspense and impetus to my game's fights and to get my players to make immediate action and decisions.
Force them to be much more proactive about movement and target priority in a firefight and to throw them "in the shit" if you will.

How jank and/or dumb would it be to have a stopwatch timer set for 1-2 minutes and that is the time limit on their combat actions for the round?
I'm curious as to whether or not anyone else has tried something like this and whether or not it worked.
>>
>>45292101
What pieces of gear do you consider absolutely indispensable? Is there anything you rush to get ASAP, regardless of usefulness? Is there any item you refuse to get or use no matter what?
>>
>>45296065
In DH2 you should always have a Grapnel an Line as well as a Clip-Drop Harness as quickly as you feasibly can get one. Completely saves you from embarrassing falling deaths and allows you to quickly climb to higher locations even if your stats for it aren't that good.

Also at least one party member should have an auspex or augury array on at all times. That bonus to awareness tests and ability to see things that normal eyes can't is indispensable during investigations and not getting caught off guard by enemies.
>>
File: 1402454077302.jpg (6KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1402454077302.jpg
6KB, 251x251px
>>45296065
Microbeads and a vox-caster, best quality if possible for secure connections
>>45296494
>mfw character is too heavy to use Clip-Drop Harness
>>
>>45297504
Then buy one of a higher quality.
>>
>>45296065
Combat Vests are great
>>
>>45296065
Multi-Key: Closed doors and locked down areas are common enough that this one is quite useful to have at hand
>>
Anyone know the stats for enemies beyond homeworlds and backgrounds? Rolling up a new char and wanna know if there's anything interesting
>>
File: us.jpg (1MB, 1848x2736px) Image search: [Google]
us.jpg
1MB, 1848x2736px
>>45298525
>>
File: 1411764485097.jpg (71KB, 677x782px) Image search: [Google]
1411764485097.jpg
71KB, 677x782px
>Session canceled at the last minute
>>
>>45298903
That sucks man, what were you gonna play?
>>
>>45299223
DH2ed. Luckily we agreed to have it this Wednesday. We are at a crucial point where we need to storm a base with unknown defenses (we know that there's an autocannon though) and my character is at 0 wounds with a broken leg. Should be exiting...
>>
>>45299379
That sounds downright suicidal. So perfectly in line with DH2. What's the campaign about?
>>
File: 1454794744160.jpg (154KB, 580x472px) Image search: [Google]
1454794744160.jpg
154KB, 580x472px
>players want to switch to Star Wars because WH40k is "too dark"

Why did they agree to Dark Heresy in the first place? It legit has "dark" in the name.
>>
>>45299497
>What's the campaign about?
We are hunting a renegade inquisitor who is associated with a cult. He escaped us before via warp portal and one of the party members followed him into the warp. After rolling a new character for him, we tracked the renegade to another world.

So far we have gained almost no proper clues, but we managed to save a highborn from Eldar strike squad. I suspect that the noble has been exposed to Slaanesh's taint since he has some literal skeletons in his art studio.

After doing some more digging, we noticed that someone has been falsifying supply run documents to one of the planet's research facilities. The base was guarded by said cultists and while we killed 10 of their security, we aren't sure of the enemy's current headcount and we can't give them the time to escape, so we will have to storm the place
>>
File: 1291252015489.jpg (53KB, 382x306px) Image search: [Google]
1291252015489.jpg
53KB, 382x306px
>>45299521
Did they have any prior knowledge of the 40k universe? The name might be an indication of the setting and world, but I don't really think the name "Dark Heresy" does justice to just how... grimdark that world can become, and the shit Acolytes might be thrown into.
>>
>>45299731
>rescuing slaaneshis
>hunting down inquisitors

No anon, you are the heretics.
>>
>>45299758
ITS A FINE LINE BABY
THAT THIN BLUE LINE
>>
>>45299758
>rescuing slaaneshis
I have pictures of his doings and I plan to hand him over to my lord, but at the moment we need contacts and are sworn to absolute radio silence
>>
>>45294010
It depends, honestly.
Some people freak out whenever they have a time limit on anything, but I look to Gygax and his opinion that unless there is something that denies players the ease of time, you can't create mood.
Tell them straight up that when it comes to battle, they have 3 minutes to make a decision, or you WILL skip them, and to keep the game banter straight with no metagaming.
If they ask why, say you are trying to cram more game into the allotted time.
>>
>>45299891
That sounds great... until the time comes to clarify a rule. Or the player have a question that would be blindingly obvious to his character. Or something gets dropped. Or if one of your players is the kind that does poorly under stress...
>>
>>45299923
>until the time comes to clarify a rule.
Why would the GM be held to this?
>Or the player have a question that would be blindingly obvious to his character.
That is not a combat decision, that is a rule clarification.
>Or something gets dropped.
It takes 3 minutes to pick something up?
>Or if one of your players is the kind that does poorly under stress...
Then they learn to deal, because it is not that hard to look at what you have and make a decision.
The reason people take forever is because they aren't paying attention until it's their turn, and they fuck themselves up mentally trying to do the "best" thing, rather than contributing.
>>
If I fight with a one handed weapon and shield, I don't get penalties if I only use one of them to attack, right?
>>
>>45300004
No, as ambidexterity isn't a thing unless you use both hands at once.
>>
>>45300004
No, two weapon fighting rules only apply if you use two weapons at once.

Theoretically you could be holding two weapons and as long as you only use one of them per turn you wouldn't get any penalties either.
>>
>>45299992
>the GM's not here to clear rules up
>stress? hah! players need to dealwithit.jpg

Please never GM. You'll turn every fucking game into a timed job interview test.
>>
>>45299891
I'd really enjoy that personally. I've been in too many games where people humm and harr for 10 minutes - after having about that long between their turns - to make a decision about an action; only to do the same thing each fucking round.
>>
>>45300172
>the GM's not here to clear rules up
You are stupid as fuck.
I said "Why would the GM be held to a rule saying that a player can only spend 3 minutes on a COMBAT TURN".
And yes, the players need to deal with it, along with all other kinds of unpleasant things that come up in a game set in a purposely unpleasant setting.
Take your idiocy and entitlement somewhere else, please, because you are no credit to the any group or the hobby.
>>
>>45300041
>>45300064
Oh good. Now that a power shield is a thing, I'm tempted to get one
>>
Can flamers - specifically heavy flamers - be fired beyond their listed range in DH2e?

I seem to remember that in earlier editions it was a hard limit but can't see anything about it in 2e.
>>
>>45300494
Read the Spray quality again, anon.
>>
>>45300569
>Duh...
Thanks, still used to DH1e where Flame and Spray are the same things functionally. Didn't even think about checking the Spray Quality.
>>
>>45300630
It's cool. Now get to burninating.
>>
>>45300688
Penitent Engine vs. Acolytes.

Not sure if they're going to want me to listen to your advice there.
>>
File: 1443320130678.jpg (141KB, 600x916px) Image search: [Google]
1443320130678.jpg
141KB, 600x916px
>>45300711
Disregarding the picture, and disregarding WHY THE ACOLYTES ARE FACING THE ECCLESIARCHY/SoBs?!, get to burning.
>>
>>45292101
So, my PCs are currently riding on a hanging train right now, where the track is above the train rather than below it. In my next session, I'm going to reveal that the track is broken and the party will have to jump from the train to safety.
What's a reasonable height to have them jump from than wont instantly kill them, but high enough they will expect to get hurt if they don't land right or on a soft spot?
>>
Enemies Beyond has any new vehicles?
>>
>>45300773
Maybe because they've fucked up spectacularly and/or they're investigating the Ecclesiarchy for heresy?
>>
>>45301142
If they were innocent, they'd cooperate with the inquisition. Their resistance just makes the suspicion larger.
>>
>>45301182
Or they might not just approve that particular Inquisitor and his acolytes snooping around because said Inquisitor is a nosy cunt that sticks his nose in everyones business to further his political agenda, rather than doing anything meaningful and useful. It could be said of the Inquisition of a whole as well.
>>
>>45300326
You make me sad. But at least I'll never have you as a player or a GM, so that makes me feel a little better.
>>
>>45301140
Yes, you get best quality thunderhawk at chargen
>>
>>45301409
That guy was wonderful.
>>
>>45301409
Damn I laughed hard on it, You just won't let it go, lol.
But srsly, that thunderhawk was blown up, so are there any new vehicles in EB?
>>
>>45300773
>>45301142
>>45301182
>>45301244
To forestall any further arguments, they are investigating the Ecclesiarchy, and are about to have things go horribly wrong for them.
>>
>>45301578
DH in a nutshell.
>>45300441
I am... disappointed with the shields in DH2e.
Where is my shock shield, which was baller as fuck with an arbites?
Where is my massive boarding shield that covers almost the whole body as well as having a hard boint for pasic weapons?
>bring in crusader backgrounds, but no storm shields
>>
>>45301716
>GM used DH1 gear stats
>It's super effective
>>
>>45301881
>GM refuses to use gear from other lines
>if he didn't, I wouldn't be on /tg/ complaining about what I can't get
I didn't think I needed to state that, wager I was wrong.
>>
>>45301931
Your GM is a fucking autist then
>>
>>45301931
That's super shitty anon.

Has he given a reason other than "I don't wanna!"? Like some screaming 5 year old?
>>
>>45301951
>>45302682
First of
>hurr GM is obligated to use material the player wants even if they don't want to
Y'all can fuck off with that shit. I hate it when I GM and the player demands shit I said isn't open to use. It's different came lines with different assumptions, and just like OGL shit isn't all the same despite the base system, neither is FFGs 40k games.
Second, this is his first game, and he wants to keep things to the books in system first and foremost. That's why I complained that FFG didn't bring the shit forward, rather than bitch about my GM's right to allow what out of game material he has in his campaign.
>>
>>45301536
Go for a best quality world engine
>>
>>45303031
Didn't get the gig, what's a world engine?
>>
What game should I use to introduce my players to 40k?
Was thinking Only War, good or bad idea?
>>
Enemies Beyond anon! One of my players wants to play an Astropath REALLY BAD. Could you please post a photo of the Astropath mechanics?
>>
>>45303324
Only War if they enjoy combat and know a little about 40k, DH if they know nothing about 40k.
>>
>>45292101
Ok, ready?

Stat the hotshot volley gun for RT.

Is it just a hotshot/hellgun with the storm upgrade? Or have you got a better idea?
>>
File: Hotshot volley gun.png (77KB, 286x147px) Image search: [Google]
Hotshot volley gun.png
77KB, 286x147px
>>45303406
Pic related.
>>
File: Enemies Beyond 067_resize.jpg (306KB, 645x1179px) Image search: [Google]
Enemies Beyond 067_resize.jpg
306KB, 645x1179px
>>45303371
You mean this one?
>>
>>45303405
Ok, sounds most likely for DH then.

I know nothing of DH, how does it usually play out? Can you give examples of stuff that you've done in that game?
>>
>>45303430
Thanks you very much. I do not have the book... I would not ask. But I guess it is it.

If there maybe some talent tree for them, I'd be really happy.
>>
>>45303431
Dark Heresy?
You would be much served reading this thread, and hunting down the previous 40k rpg threads and reading them.
It is a primarily investigative game where you play the roll of an Inquisitor's acolyte cell, his boots on the ground looking into situations that may be acts against the Imperium.
For example, see >>45301578. DH is definitely the most ruthless of all the game lines, as you are humans, not soldiers, sticking your nose into some very dangerous business.
>>
>>45303478
those are scans of EB, not everything is included but astropaths are there
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ 7p1xyi
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ gz5ijd
>>
>>45303580
You are a good person. May the Emperor shine his light upon you.
>>
>>45303431
>how does it usually play out?
Gunned down in an alleyway by a scum with an autogun.

But wouldn't have it any other way

OR, if GM is a pro.
Perils of the warp from picking up a demonic artefact.

If you want to know more about DH, watching some of these videos might be what you need.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTTSfN8wpsE&list=PL-oTJHKXHicSxBj2DMq_zmJ0QALrhKzVg

Aside from that, reading the story at the back of DH 1st edition might get your creative ideas flowing. Its a good story, and since we're in 2nd edition now, it could be great to surprise your players.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/207626731/WH40K-Dark-Heresy-Core-Rulebook#scribd
>>
>>45303498
Dark Heresy puts the players as an Inquisitors boots on the ground. It's a whole lot of investigation and intrigue with sporadic and deadly combat.

I'll use a prior campaign to outline a DH campaign. The Players Inquisitor posted the group on a world that he had reason to suspect may be host to heresy. The players arrived, secured a place to live while they conducted their investigations. They were marked as newcomers in the building, and invited to a social gathering, a meet'n'greet as it were. The organiser spoke about how mankinds greatest strength was its solidarity and community. The players challenged that mankinds greatest strength was the Emperor, and it went a bit south from there. At some point, some mutants attacked the seemingly peaceful congregation looking for captives, only to find three Acolytes as well, and more than they bargained for.

That said, the Psyker still got brained with an exhaust pipe so all in all it was a good intro session.
>>
>>45300688

Another anon, but we did some Heavy Flamer burninating last night. We put six heretics close to death in a single shot, unfortunately the open door of their base's armory was open.

My Tech Priest has spent days fixing the damage to the Chimera, and been given the cold shoulder by the other Tech Priests for not stopping the team and mitigating the damage.
>>
>>45292101

A question for Only War with Tech Priests; Is there any reason I should take a Bionic Arm over a Servo-Arm or Manipulator Mechadendrite?

When it comes to Bionics, I've got a Utility and Medicae Mechadendrite, serving as both Medic and Enginseer to the team, and I'm wondering if there's actually any use of a Bionic Arm (Good Quality) in there, or if I should take a bionic that can rip doors off their hinges or something.
>>
>>45296065
Jump fields are hilarious. I mean, guaranteed 100 corruption after 100000 activations. But they're still awesome.
>>
>>45304084
>Is there any reason I should take a Bionic Arm over a Servo-Arm or Manipulator Mechadendrite?
The benefit of having nimble digits?
>>
File: Untitled.png (652KB, 939x390px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
652KB, 939x390px
How would you guys stat the Imperium's brand new anti-phase bolts for deathwatch?
Why are they called anti-phase bolts if they dick with reanimation protocols
>>
>>45304449
There was that theory circulating around that Necrodermis was actually powered by "energy," from the Necron's phase-dimension, which is why each individual part can power itself, no matter how small. Not sure if it was ever debunked, though.
>>
>>45304443

I suppose that's one, but having nimble fingers doesn't seem like the best augment for someone diving into combat.
>>
>>45304449
>How would you guys stat the Imperium's brand new anti-phase bolts for deathwatch?

I'm using the one's from Shas's document, which is 15 requisition per clip, +2 Penetration to the weapon, and if the attack kills the enemy then Reanimation Protocols tests by Necrons must be rerolled. I had to look up what Reanimation Protocol tests were, and it's in Outer Reach, a -20 Toughness test for a cron to get back up.

>Why are they called anti-phase bolts if they dick with reanimation protocols

Probably because necrons used to phaseout for repair, and these bolts dicked with that.
>>
>>45304721
>I'm using the one's from Shas's document, which is 15 requisition per clip, +2 Penetration to the weapon, and if the attack kills the enemy then Reanimation Protocols tests by Necrons must be rerolled. I had to look up what Reanimation Protocol tests were, and it's in Outer Reach, a -20 Toughness test for a cron to get back up.
So a straight conversion. Sounds good.

>Probably because necrons used to phaseout for repair, and these bolts dicked with that.
They also use reanimation protocols to repair, why not anti-reanimation bolts? It's probably just because if it only kept them from phasing out, it'd have 0 tabletop application. Whereas dicking with their reanimation protocols does.
>>
>>45304697
Suppose not, but you're the medic/tech guy and having inhumanly steady and dexterous fingers is a plus. Can't really speak about OW since I know nothing about it, but to answer to your original question, why not both?
>>
>>45303431
My players used sound tactics, took reasonable precautions, and generally did good intelligence gathering except for the worst roleplayers among them. Then one of them was axed in the leg once by a lowest-level mook and reduced to 1HP, with no means of healing. I love Dark Heresy.
>>
>>45302829

Wow, what a reaction you twat.
No one cares about your or your stupid GM.
>>
>>45305023

Because my starting gear nets me three Bionics, one's taken by the basic Utility Mechadendrite, and the other is Medicae Mechadendrite. But after narrowing it down, I think Servo-Arm is a much better deal. It makes me a huge threat in melee and I can do some literal heavy lifting for the team.
>>
>>45303580
Anyone have a mirror for those scans? nether of those links works anymore.
>>
>>45298625
bless you anon
>>
>>45306096
In that case take the servo-arm. No reason to lop off a perfectly good arm if you really don't need a new one
>>
>>45296065
>What pieces of gear do you consider absolutely indispensable?

Microbeads. I actually wanted mine surgically implanted.

Next comes auspex.

Then comes, and i really cant stress this enough. Forged identity documents.

Lastly, some form of vehicle that you take from planet to planet. Be it horse, bike or even a salamander or rhino.
>>
>>45306780
>planet to planet.
>horse,
I want to see that horse...
>>
>>45306780
>be administratum port slave on hive world desoleum
>tiny crowded filthy ancient port hosting an inquisitorius shuttle for thenfirst time
>hatch opens. Hear bellowing roar
>rhino storms out, being ridden by four hevaily armed maniacs
>22 fatalities in the first 2 minutes. All accidental.
>>
>>45306820
Get on mah horse/
I'll take you 'round the universe/
And some other places too.
>>
>>45306780
>>45306907
>TFW playing an explorator who has to tell the RT that gold rims, subwoofers that qualify as sonic weaponry, and diamond highlights do not please the machine spirit. Nor basic good taste.
>TFW he fucking does it anyway.
>>
File: 1309956861710.png (384KB, 350x565px) Image search: [Google]
1309956861710.png
384KB, 350x565px
What's your most memorable moment ever, either as a player or as a DM, /tg/? Win, fail, stupid death, doesn't matter.
Greentext away, what is it you remember in vivid detail to this day?
>>
Trying to DM an Only War session. I can't into companions that well. I've done DH a few times and almost every other RPG.

But someone about Only War doesn't sit right with me. Are there any DM guides or anyone here that can tell of me their experiences doing Only War their first time.

How are your missions structured? I'm thinking like the movie Fury, but Imperium.
>>
>>45310136
Fury but with going back to HQ or FOBs more so you can try fucking with their equipment.
"Whoops you got two barrels of promethium instead of your field rations lel"
>>
>>45309846

Supa Dimenshun Stompa Mode Engaged
>>
>>45306912
You know with the warp, 'the universe and other places too' finally makes sense
>>
>>45306820
>>45306912
You know, the guy said a vehicle you take from planet to planet, not a vehicle that takes you from planet to planet.
>>
>>45311602
Slaanesh wants you to tug on its winkie.
>>
>>45300326

Three minutes is a long fucking time.
>>
>>45298903
>Tfw I also had my game cancelled this week.
>>
DH Arbites session based on the Film Training Day?

Emperor Day? I need some ideas.
>>
>>45309846
When the Navigator attempted to go back in time to molest the Emperor as a baby.

Nothing tops that.
>>
File: 1316334880046.jpg (138KB, 767x768px) Image search: [Google]
1316334880046.jpg
138KB, 767x768px
So I'll be playing Dark Heresy soon and I'm making a Celestian and I'll have 2 minions with me so 2 other battle sisters. Right now I'm trying to work on my character and deciding if I should go for a melee build or go for a shooty build and act more like a commander and bark orders since my DM wants to give me a lower version of the Cannoness rank. I'm kind of leaning towards a melee build though
I'm stuck on my weapon choice right now though
>>
>>45313357
Chainsword, Power Sword, or Thunder Hammer.
>>
>>45313357
Graviton hammer with the sanctified and daemonbane properties for destroying everything.
>>
>>45313414
I'm assuming eviscerator would fall under chainsword and what about the Flame hammer?
>>
>>45313475
Graviton hammer? Which book would that be found in?
>>
File: Lord_Commander_Solar_Macharius_3.jpg (191KB, 1403x654px) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Commander_Solar_Macharius_3.jpg
191KB, 1403x654px
>>45313488
An eviscerator doesn't seem to me to be the kind of weapon a Commander would use. A firebrand priest who rushes headlong into the melee not caring about his own life, or a penitent might carry one. But not someone people look to for orders and direction.

A flame hammer? Not nearly as cool as a Thunder Hammer.
Fire you have, get a wrist mounted Flame Pistol if you're worrying about lacking in that regard.
But a Thunder Hammer is a true and noble weapon for a grand leader of Mankind.

Or a Power Sword.
Actually, grab one of each.
>>
File: SoB 311.jpg (196KB, 1271x1500px) Image search: [Google]
SoB 311.jpg
196KB, 1271x1500px
>>45313589
>>45313475
>>45313414
I should also mention that because I'm using this sister in a Only War campaign and the other player is a Guardsmen and it seems we'll be in a unit that specializes in grav chute deployments or rapid deployments I will be getting a seraphim jump pack as well, would I just be better off playing a seraphim instead?
>>
>>45313549
Enemies Without. Making a weapon sanctified or daemonbane is in Enemies Beyond.
>>
>>45313876
Enemies Beyond has so many cool weapons and rules in it. Shame that it was very lacking on the armour end though. I mean we got Heavy Power Armour but it ended up being quite disappointing with only 8 AP, which seems a bit low for what is supposed to be the strongest power armour in the game.
>>
>>45314357
Maybe for normal humans.
>>
File: 1314489403169.jpg (119KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1314489403169.jpg
119KB, 600x900px
>>45314357
>>45313876
I can't find a good download for these books, anyone mind helping me out and giving me a link?
>>
>>45314708
Check the OP for all books except for Beyond since it isn't in PDF format yet.
>>
>>45314385
>Maybe for normal humans.
Humans can wear Terminator and Artificer Armor, they just suck at it compared to Astartes (And also it's likely waaaay out of reach of the typical party). Standard power armor has always been AP 8 for everyone, and +20 Strength. Heavy Power Armor should be AP 10 All with Auto-Stabilized and Unnatural Strength +3 and inflict ridiculous penalties on Agility and non-combat tasks in general. Thus, it's significantly easier to get but shittier than both of those two. Terminator is more protective, more ass-kicking, and even slightly less cumbersome. Artificer is equal protection-wise but doesn't inflict those penalties. It fills a niche that way: Namely, for when you need to kick in the fucking door. Also, fucking do away with the random time limit bullshit and just tank their Subtlety and social if they insist on clanking around in power armor.
>>
>>45315421
Ah, so you hate the time limit on the power supply too. Is a bit restrictive, it's like saying "Okay, you got the cool armour, however it will run out of charge half way through every single mission because it only lasts for a few hours".

I mean seriously, what kind of garbage power supply is this highly valued armour running on?
>>
>>45307276
You know shit about techno spirits. A good set of gilded wheels turns an ork carrucho into a blessed temple of the omnissiah.
>>
>>45315525
>I mean seriously, what kind of garbage power supply is this highly valued armour running on?
That and it really is a pointless limitation on an item that is already incredibly niche, given the intended genre.
Power Armor is about the least subtle thing you can wear short of literally covering your armor in lumen-glyphs of the Inquisition and having Cherubs chanting hymns of wrath hold up your 10-foot cape everywhere you go. It's also near useless for a sneak attack (short of Raven Guard stealth-field shenanigans), and tanks your Dodges. On top of all that, it's hard to get in the first place and anyone seeing someone wearing it will be waiting for ultraviolence to break out literally any second. It also takes forever to put on and forever to take off. In a combat-heavy game, Power Armor is incredibly useful. If you're trying to stealthily investigate secretive cults, it's a lead weight around your neck. Adding a time limit on top of that is pointless, opens plot holes like you mentioned, and just feels dumb. Not that baffling nerfs to things that weren't OP is exactly new to DH 2e.
Oh, and the worst part? If you insist on playing XCOM 40k and want to use power armor, you'll be putting on the armor in your prep area, walk 10 feet to your drop ship, fly for half an hour to your objective, drop, kill everything in sight, evac, and be back at base or the next flashpoint with several hours of power to spare. So even an attempt to curb murderfrenzies with the time limit doesn't work.
>>
>>45303282
Basicaly the most overpowered vehicle in the 40k lore. Think the death star but built by necrons and twice as big
>>
>>45316337
Like that super-death star from the new star wars movie?

Or even bigger than that?
>>
>>45316762
Necron ships shoot neutron stars and black holes
Imagine if star destroyers had that
Now scale it aaaaall the way up to the deathstar
>>
>>45311934
Doesn't mean it can't be interpreted this way.
>>
>>45309846
As a player, fighting off two stormtroopers on top of inquisitirial rhino and prevailing despite being outnumbered and my miserable strength, with the rhino firing on our inquisitor, our stormtroopers fighting theirs and valkyries flying overhead. Felt like a movie. Managed to shoot the face of a third enemy standing behind the vehicle who was about to call in a fire mission on our position too.
Shit was cash.

As a DM, when players got caught into four way battle between heretek skiitarii, Night Lords, Word Bearers and a few Alpha Legionnaires who made the former two tenuously cooperate.
Everyone survived thanks to timely intervention of the apothecary descending from above abd librarian pushing his luck.
>>
I got a question about a couple of the world types.

Can humans survive on the surface of a Hive or Forge world (outside of the established settlements, hives, cities, etc)? I ask because the description of these worlds makes a specific note of the atmosphere being horribly polluted and toxic. So would you need rebreathers for humans to survive it? Or is it not that bad?
>>
>>45317853
It depends on the Forge and Hive World in question, but generally no on Hive Worlds. And from what I've read, you kinda need some form of rebreather and protective clothing. But like I said, depends on the world in question.
>>
>>45317871

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can survive on the surface of places like Solomon right? I mean the House of Dust and Ash adventure takes place on an island that doesnt have its own scrubbed atmosphere.
>>
>>45317889
>Correct me if I'm wrong but you can survive on the surface of places like Solomon right?
The who-what world now?
>>
>>45317900

>Solomon is a densely populated and heavily industrialised Hive World of the Imperium of Man located within the Markayn Marches Sub-sector of the Calixis Sector. This pollution-shrouded world is plagued by suspicion, greed and superstition such as that of the Beast of Solomon.

It says its pollution shrouded yet in FFG adventures people breathed easily outside.
>>
>>45317853
Without those things, your natural lifespan will be MUCH shorter than normal, but definately not on Hive Worlds, and probably not on Forge Worlds.
>>
>>45317904
It's probably like severe smog and pollution here on Solomon. Breathable, but will fuck you up with health issues and shorten your lifespan. Like >>45317911 mentioned.
>>
>>45317904
That doesn't mean the atmosphere is made of pollution, Anon.
Sure it'll look horrible, and your medicae checks will probably involve something that'll cause you to cough out large tar-like chunks from your lungs.

But players working there a short while? They'd be fine in most locations.
>>
>>45317853
As always; it depends. The 40k universe is big enough for near anything to happen, so while the average depicted Hive World is a desolate, barren wasteland surrounding a gargantuan arcology thick with smog and pollution, there's no reason why there can't be an idyllic utopia somewhere.
Generally though, anywhere that's not inside a Hive or Forge is going to be a shithole, especially close to the Hive/Forge's borders where they dump all sorts of waste. Probably not 'Flesh Melting-ly Bad', but definitely 'It Hurts To Breath And My Son Has Turbo-Cancer'.
>>
What if I use Emperor's Wrath from DH1e in my DH2e game? Will it break the game too much?

I want my one shots!
>>
>>45313145
Ohhh, I'm jelly. Which one were you, anon, and how did your further adventures go? Any stories to share?
>>
>>45318213
I was the GM, it's actually a tale I've told before.
Long story short, party fucks up, goes back in time, avoids termination by Ordo Chronos, tries to go back further, ends up during the reunification of Terra, crash into the Emp's labs, accidentally drag a Lord of Change in with them, it causes the scattering of the Primarchs, they manage to stop it corrupting them all to Chaos from infancy.

Other than that, I've had scarce few games as a player, and while more as a GM, very rarely have I had players of real ambition and creativity.
>>
>>45318266
I see. I remember your story, it's one o of my favourite 40k stories, actually.
>hello, little baby emperor, I'm coming for you
Shame about your players though, feel free to share any interesting bits anyway
>>
>>45317853
In Dark Heresy 1e, there are mention of raiders and other things that live in the barrens between each hive. They subsist by raiding and trading with the land-train caravans that move between the various hives.
>>
>>45318547
That said, there was also Ambulon, a city which specifically had poor people living on top because it was too hot there and people would die from exposure.
>>
Quick question. Is there a way to get all of: Intelligence, Tech, Toughness and Defence as Aptitudes?

Background must be Adeptus Mechanicus. It feels like it shouldn't be difficult to build a tech priest with cheap Toughness advances, but it seems to be.
>>
>be psyker
>a very radical one
>start with "a shadow over soul" backround package
>get daemonology at rank 1
>illegally access inquisitors library
>do this for 4 ingame weeks until i finally get that -30 forbidden lore test
>learn the ritual for summoning familiars
>go to my quarters
>draw some circles on the ground and #cutfortzeentch
>succeede
>tiny horror pops up, force it to take form of an raven
>thing is pretty much my right arm
>familiar tells me about nor-ok-tar, a tzeentch daemon interested about me
>start making dark pacts with said daemon
>2 human sacrifices each month for +20 WP, +20 INT and +1 psy rating
>occasionally do some deeds like murdering and converting people for some information and other conveniences
>start preaching to said converted people every month
>there is about 20 people i tell the things that nor-ok-tar said me to tell
>they also make that 2 human sacrifices thing much easier by offering themselves for "ascendancy"
>one day get ambushed by some goons on some alley while purchasing shit i need (kinda hooked on sisk-ash)
>situation is pretty dire, very bad rolls for my part
>horror pops up and fucks them up
>feel a daemonic presence throwing me a wink
>this shit continues for 4 ingame months, inquistor has no clue.
>rocking 68 corruption points
>the whole cult thing has around 300 to 250 members
>insanly nervous that my corruption points will reach 100 because that means "character is unplayable"
>>
>>45320359
Hive Tarsus has the same thing, the rich live in the 'low' hive where it's heavily climate controlled and dark, whereas the poor live on the 'upper' hive and deal with the heat and light from the sun.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, or a great life prospect, but you can survive outside of the hives - at least the examples presented for Scintilla. Then again, that's 1 world, in 1 sector. Maybe that's the outlier.
>>
>>45321040
>radical
I don't think it means what you think it means
>>
>>45321175
He is using it completely right.
It means HERETIC!
>>
>>45321040
Surely in that case it means he becomes an Antagonist/ally of convenience for the players?
>>
>>45321400
im pretty sure GM is sure to pull the plug on me if i make the wrong decisions.
the cult might become a serious problem but from my characters perspective things are going really good and he is really enjoying the situation. he is a very powerhungry guy and having 300 people almost blindly follow him as a prophet is fuel for his thirst.

desu i might even let him do that once i have had enough fun. he would be a very interesting story antagonist for the other players and im sure GM knows this too (even threw me a subtle hint that this could be a possible outcome)
>>
>>45320487
>Forge World: Intelligence
>Adeptus Mechanicus: Knowledge or Tech
>Mystic: Defence, Intelligence, Knowledge, Perception, Willpower
You can pic two more characteristic aptitudes since there're two intelligence and knowledge
>>
>>45320359
You mean Hive Tarsus, Hive Ambulon is the one that is built on the back and belly (with the rich living above and the poor below) of a huge insectoid walker of unknown origin that goes around the planet tapping resources.
>>
>>45321686
>two more
*one more* since you would take tech instead of a second knowledge
>>
>>45323020
"if", not "since".
>>
>>45323046
He said that he wants the tech aptitude
>>
How is Final Testament for Only War? This is my first time gming 40k rpg so maybe starting with a published scenario is better. Players are familiar with 40k.
>>
>>45323703
just change some of it otherwise u will have that guy quickly
>>
File: Tamiel-DW3.jpg (66KB, 419x659px) Image search: [Google]
Tamiel-DW3.jpg
66KB, 419x659px
Rate my Space Marine's reference picture.
>>
>>45324941
2/100, don't reference shitty music and don't do your reference pics in fucking Retribution Army Painter. Do it again from scratch.
>>
>>45325617
Someone needs a hug.
>>
File: Filthy casuals.jpg (23KB, 467x325px) Image search: [Google]
Filthy casuals.jpg
23KB, 467x325px
>>45325883
>>
>>45324941
4/10
Generic, with pointless track name where heraldry ought should be.
>>
>>45321538
Anon, straight up, you are smoked pork.
You have pushed too far, too fast, too hard, and no matter what happens, you are gonna npc unless you are playing Black Crusade.
>>
I leave tonight, brothers.
I am the guardsman that, with a brother guardsman, is bound to singlehandedly storm a cultist stronghold to rescue the Sororitas that is a member of our warband.
I was Larl of Jenkin, son of Destru, warrior, guardian, sword and shield.
I killed in the ashen wastes, I killed in the frozen fields, I killed in the man made jungles of steel and glass.
I have hunted man and xeno, and now proceed to my greatest hunt of all.
I honor the Steel granted to me by the Emperor, and for that Steel I offer blood.
Remember me when I am gone, for no one else will.
>>
How do I introduce my players to 40k lore without forcing them to read lexicanum?
I just want them to get the general feel of the setting so they'll roleplay better.
>>
>>45327845
What specific feel do you want? "There are no heroes or saviors, only the laughter of thirsting gods"? "The war is endless, but you can win some battles and make a difference, however small"? "Grimdark Imperialism IN SPESS"? How grimdark do you want to go?
>>
What are the rules on destroying weapons with other weapons?
Only thing that exists is power field destroying them, but I think if you hit a power sword specifically with a melta gun, it's going to get destroyed
>>
>>45327845
Just get in the same place together and read them the intro paragraph to 40k and then ask them what they would like to know more about
Obviously preface this with "You're about to get educated"
That or just make them play the dawn of war games
>>
>>45327948
There are none apart from the Power Field rules, nor any for equipment degradation.

>>45327845
The Dawn of War series and the Space Marine game Specifically the latter. While it's got some inconsistencies, I think it's a damn good game and is a great intro for the universe. are a decent starting point if they're into vidya, otherwise it'll depend on what tone you're going for. Forcing them to read a couple Lexicanum pages might just be the simplest.
>>
>>45327924
"Super Grimdark Imperialism IN SPESS". Grimdark to the point of satire, kinda like 40k Robocop.

>>45328083
>>45327976
Moba crowd, they'll probably play it for a while and get back to DotA. But maybe I'll send them audio logs from Space Marine with some basic context, seems like a good idea.
>>
File: 1360425897393.jpg (60KB, 1126x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1360425897393.jpg
60KB, 1126x1075px
So I'm going through the Enemies Without book and while I see the graviton hammer I don't see the Graviton rule anywhere in there, does anyone know what page it would be on or what book?
>>
>>45330950
Core book, weapon qualities (the core book has the graviton gun remember?).
>>
>>45331354
Core rulebook of dark heresy? cause I'm not seeing it
>>
>>45331496
The DH2 core book yes.

Here, I'll just post the whole thing for you.

>Graviton weapons alter the target’s local gravity field, transforming protective armour into crushing force. When a weapon with the
Graviton quality hits a target, it inflicts additional damage equal to the target’s Armour points on the struck location. If the target is a vehicle or cover, it instead inflicts additional damage equal to the Armour points of the facing that the attack struck. Vehicles that suffer Critical damage from Graviton weapons always roll on the Motive Systems Critical Effects table, no matter what location was actually hit.

Graviton is a pretty good quality. In the book itself it can be found on page 147.
>>
Asking for a quick clarification. Acolytes should be able to almost immediately recognize an Untouchable upon meeting them due to their unnatural nature right?
>>
>>45331548
Oh DH2? I haven't got that book yet and google wasn't helping me in the least, thanks for that though, I'll double check the link up top for the DH2 book, unless it's not in there
>>
>>45331598
Why are you checking an expansion without reading the core first?
>>
>>45331598
>So I'm going through the Enemies Without book
>Oh DH2? I haven't got that book yet
What were you expecting?

>>45331584
Everyone should be able to immediately recognise one if they get within the Null's area. They're a very literal null space in the warp, the usual side affects may include; irritability, nausea, cramps, and an unquenchable desire to remove the Null from your presence.
>>
>>45331840
What happens if a psyker uses Psyniscience on an Untouchable? How do you describe how they "feel"?
>>
>>45331898
Untouchables have a fellowship of 1 with anything with the psyker trait. They'd feel like a void.
>>
>>45331898
>What happens if a psyker uses Psyniscience on an Untouchable?
He can't. At best, a psyker wouldn't be able to sense an Untouchable in any way at all with Psyniscience. At worst *Cough*Culexis*Cough*Pariahs*Cough*, they'd sense a terrible yawning hole fit to give them a fucking seizure.
>>
Anyone have a mirror for the Enemies Beyond pics? The sendspace links are kaput.
>>
I got reminded with some degree of ruthlessness how bad fear tests are for pcs.
Fucking hell, I've been seized up for too damn long.
>>
>>45335144
The links work. You just need to remove the spaces.
>>
>>45336695
Everything's so simple when you're on Frenzon.
You should try it sometime.

Or there's that other one that gives you Battle Rage instead.
Lets you still parry.
>>
>>45335144
sendspace --- /file/gz5ijd
sendspace --- /file/7p1xyi
Add the www and the dotcom where needed.
>>
Does anyone have stats or know where they can be found for the Skitarii Galvanic Rifles?
>>
File: Howling Banshee 1.jpg (81KB, 600x765px) Image search: [Google]
Howling Banshee 1.jpg
81KB, 600x765px
>>45292101
Does anyone know if DH2e has stats for Howling Banshees?
I have Enemy Without, but it only has Striking Scorpions from what I can see. I was thinking of adjusting the stats for the Scorpion a little and giving her a power sword instead of a chainsword, but I wanted to see if there were official stats somewhere.
>>
>>45338097
Just pull them out of your fat ass. How difficult can it be?
>>
>>45338097
I don't think so. There are stats on page 51 of the Koronous Bestiary, though.

They are RT era, but adapting them shouldn't be too terribly hard.
>>
>>45338097
You're honestly better off just re-doing the majority of the Eldar stats yourself if you have the experience and patience, the majority of the Aspect Warriors in 2E are jokes compared to what they should be. That said, no, there's no official 2E rules for Howling Banshees.
>>
>>45338262
Christ dude, I was just asking. No need to be so hostile.
>>45338319
Oh really? This is my first time using Eldar seriously. What are some of the issues with them?
>>
>>45327845
Read the stuff from the books you want to play with? The fluff is there for a reason.
>>
>>45338521
I know this is going to sound a little retarded at first, but I'll establish straight off that I'm talking more of a lore-to-crunch perspective here, what they should be, essentially.

It basically all boils down to that, like Astartes and Lesser Daemons, Aspect Warriors are just too high-level for starting Dark Heresy play, even when it gets to mid-tier. You have two century old Striking Scorpions who biologically outclass Humans in virtually every way, masters of close combat... With 48 Weapon Skill and Dodge/Parry at +10, putting them well below Human Nobles and even standard Astartes, which doesn't reflect how horrifying they are at all. A Warrior PC with 2000xp can thrash one of these guys if they build right.

Remember, Eldar Aspect Warriors are meant to very rarely lose any individuals in the majority of their excursions. While the PCs are something special, they should never be set up as "just another enemy to hack through," for the party Warrior, at least until late-game.
>>
>>45338623
Same Anon. I have to admit, though, the Guardians and Rangers are done pretty well, and their Psykers are incredibly noice statwise.
>>
>>45338623
Ah I understand.
If it makes you feel better, I have it planned out where the Eldar will have a big advantage over the party. A ranger is going to be firing at them from a hidden position from extreme range, while the Banshee will be lying in wait and attack anyone who gets near. This isn't going to be a fight out in the open or anything dumb like that.
The party is actually Ordo Hereticus and they're only fighting Eldar after being lied to by secret heretics. The plan is for the party to realize they've been lied to and team up with the Eldar against the cult temporarily.
>>
Don't you people think opposed WP check to resist interrogation should be rolled in secret?
>>
>>45339479
Depends, if they then went on to lie about the information, maybe. If they were just straight up saying "Fuck you", I don't think the results need to be secret.

DESU, if they were lying about the information they're giving, I'd do it as Opposed Scrutiny vs Deception.

There's a difference between character knowledge and player knowledge.
>>
>>45339479
If we want to be strict, most rolls should be done in secret, especially if the PCs have paranoia. Metagame is going to affect how you play if you know your stealth check was shit.
>>
Anyone know where I can find rules for Craftworld Eldar vehicles.
Preferably ones that can kill the Titan in Rites of Battle.

I planning on throwing my deathwatch party in the middle of an invasion of a Craftworld
>>
>>45339776
>Eldar Vehicles that can kill Titans
Wouldn't that just be Eldar Titans? I don't know what else could do that besides a really lucky Wraithlord
>>
>>45339776
>I planning on throwing my deathwatch party in the middle of an invasion of a Craftworld

Which one in Imperial High command in your sector decided to go full retard? Because that's whats called a 'suicide mission'.
>>
>>45339211
You shouldn't need to push a big advantage.
Here, this is a Eldar list made by a former FFG dev for DW tier aspect warriors. It has (almost) all of them, and they are fucking terrifying, as they should be.
>>
>>45340868
Tell that to the Salamanders
>>
File: 1288089500203.jpg (53KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
1288089500203.jpg
53KB, 500x486px
>>45340868
We call it "Tuesday"
>>
>>45340935
To wit, they invaded Commoragh to rescue brothers, then bugged the fuck out.
>>
>>45341005
As part of one of Asdrubaels many plots to fuck over his rivals I might add.
>>
If you are doing an extended test to make something, and you roll, say, a 96, with 6 degrees of failure, is there any penalty attached to the excessive failure outside of time spent by the book?
>>
>>45340868
>Because that's whats called a 'suicide mission'.
Laughing Invaders.jpg
>>
>>45341870
And then they got skullfucked by every Eldar in the Segmentum and are essentially an extinct chapter after having finished off a half-dead Craftworld. GG Invaders.
>>
>>45341935
Imperium has ca. thousand chapters. Do Eldar have ca. thousand craftworlds? Don't think so
>>
>>45292101
>Does it feel better to work your way up, from the gutter running of Dark Heresy to, say, the high adventure of Rogue Trading? It's so improbable in the setting it makes one wonder if it should be aspired to.

Nearly achieved this in our last campaign. Took like 2 (3?) years of weekly playing.

Was SUCH an amazing feeling to board that vessel with a warrant in hand and just... fuck yes.
>>
>>45341648
I might consider a critical fuck up if he gets more than 4 degrees of failure, or at least a malus to following tests
>>
So, my group is playing Only War, and we've been fighting traitor guard

Except all of them we've interrogated have been saying they're loyalist and we're the traitors.

Assuming our command may be lying to us, how to we go about finding out whether we're on the side of the seperatists or loyalists?
>>
On pg 165, table 5-13, why does Astartes Armour say "AP 8/10"? Shouldn't it just be 8?
>>
>>45343665
Assume that your enemies are lied to by their own commanders, and continue serving in glory.
>>
>>45343682
>page 165
Of what book, you mook?
That said, 10AP body, 8AP all other locations.
>>45343665
>Assuming our command may be lying to us
Congrats, you've taken your first step into heresy: doubting your leadership.
Doubtless you will begin hamfistedly attempting to "investigate" your command, drawing the eye of the Commisariat and eroding the morale of your entire force, just as your ENEMY WANTS YOU TO.
Stop being a Emprah damned patsy, fucking hell.
>>
>>45343775
>>45343736
Most of the squad is going with the "the enemy commanders are lying to them" explanation, but I'm asking on behalf of the squad's Commissar, who unlike the rest of us actually DOES have the duty of doing these kinds of investigations. Because, y'know, he IS the Commissariat.

It doesn't help that we found a Commissar working with the enemy, muddling things quite a bit.

I'm playing an Enginseer as well, so it's not like I'm as eminently blammable as the rest of the squad, but on the other hand I care more about keeping our Regiment's Hellhounds working than figuring out if we're burning the right people.
>>
>>45343665
First thing to check is which side the commissars and priests are on.
>>
>>45343682
>>45343775
This is for the deathwatch core rulebook, by the way.
>>
How would you stat ramming spikes as a component for RT ships? My first thought is
>Fills a Prow weapon slot, cruisers and up only
>Space 2 or 3, 0 Power, 2 or so SP
>+1d10 damage when ramming, stacks with an armored prow
For when you really insist on turning your vessel into a tera-ton spear slamming into an enemy at a fraction of c. With tens of thousands of screaming voidsmen as ballast.
>>
>>45343852
As far as we can tell, both.

Wait, shit, what if there was a clerical error and BOTH sides are loyalist thinking the other side was seperatist.
>>
>>45343886
Entirely possible.
>>
>>45343886
Might very well be a war of faith between different cults
>>
>>45343884
Why not use use a Power Ram? Ramming Spikes are liable to break off within an enemy ship as they're not exactly protected by the structural integrity of the ship.

The stats for it are in Battlefleet Koronus, page 38.
>>
>>45343999
Why not all three? And add in a Reinforced Prow for a little extra.
>>
>>45344067
Because there are much better things to spend power and space on?
>>
>>45344098
This guy.
>>
>>45344098
>better than ramming
haha, sorry, no.
>>
File: images.jpg (18KB, 442x333px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18KB, 442x333px
>>45309846
In Deathwatch.
>Party consisted of 2 librarians one in power armour the other in Terminator armor, A techmarine and assault marine both in Termie and a tactical marine in power armor.
>Bit of backstory, the players in Termie have failed a mission before because they lost to geneatealers. When they found out geneatealers were in this mission the instantly took termie armour.
>The party was trapped on a roof.
>They've disturbed the hive nest, blew up the guy they were supposed to rescue.
>They've called for evac and were waiting for the shuttle.
>Hormagaunts and sprinkling of geneatealers were climbing the walls.
>Broodlord challenges one of the psykers
>Casts Smite. Push. Psychic phenomenon roll
>76.
>Perils of the warp roll
>91. A daemon prince pops out.
>"Would you like to use a Fate point? "
>" Take"
>Daemon pops out. And Challenges the psyker.
>Few turns pass and the psyker is losing. The rest of the team fighting off hoards of bugs.
>They take down the broodlord and synapse breaks. Tyranids fail the fear test from the daemon. Just the party and the Daemon now.
>The daemon and psyker going at it. Psyker is saying lines that are really familiar.
>Shuttle arrives
>Psyker is at - 7 HP
>Tells the party to go on.
>Tells the daemon
>"You shall not pass"
>It all clicks into place. His character name was the elvish name of Gandalf. The daemon was his balrog.
>Spends his last Fate point to activate Heroic Sacrifice.
>He died in this campaign and his teammates escaped.
>mfw
>>
>>45344595

Yes. Massed Macrocannon fire can outdamage any other form of space combat.
>>
>>45345109
yeah that's cool and all, but macrocannons don't involve ramming, anon, so you're clearly wrong
>>
>>45344610
nice.
I love Deathwatch stories. Anyone got more? What's your favourite one?
>>
How much xp a DH2 party should have before I can throw Genestealers at them?
>>
>>45346023
Well I have more but some of them are more like pranks rather than actual stories.

>Team had to recover an Imperial fist psyker that went rogue
>Psyker specialized in lightning based psychic powers
>Team was given a hot air balloon to travel around in
>They find the psyker named Kapiuch in cahoots with a Slave trader named Ketmuhc who ran slave fight dens
>They take out the slave trader and recover Kapiuch
>tfw they realize at the end that Kapiuch is Pikachu, Ketmuhc is Ash Ketchum and they were Team Rocket
>>
>>45347089
0. Show them how fucking scary Tyranids can be.
>>
>>45347089
The genestealers I use in Deathwatch are easy to kill, but hit like trucks.

I justify it by saying that in Space Hulk genestealers can destroy termies in close combat
>>
File: SectorSheet.png (890KB, 7016x4960px) Image search: [Google]
SectorSheet.png
890KB, 7016x4960px
Hey /tg/; I'm back to GMing Rogue Trader again, an since I'm not a huge fan of the Koronus Expanse or Calixis Sector, I've always made my own sectors. I've put together a template for building Sector Maps that someone might find useful (Pic related)

Here's the .psd of the template:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B88cYS-8rYqdV2lVNGdwWnhNR1E/view?usp=sharing
If there's anything else folks can suggest to add, let me know - I've taken all the Map Icons from Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Only War and (first ed) Dark Heresy thus far.
>>
>>45350142
I should also note, I am Australian, so the sheet is built for A4 Paper Size if you are printing; it's also double the standard Photoshop A4 resolution
>>
>>45350142
Could you just flip trailing so it is rightside up?
>>
File: SectorSheet_TrailingFlip.png (889KB, 7016x4960px) Image search: [Google]
SectorSheet_TrailingFlip.png
889KB, 7016x4960px
>>45350216
No problem, here we go
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B88cYS-8rYqdM21NWGpJblMxRGc/view?usp=sharing
>>
>>45343682
It's AP 10 on the chest and 8 everywhere else
>>
>>45350142
>Pleasure world
Sounds like the opposite of Earth.
>>
File: 1423123294301.jpg (144KB, 663x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1423123294301.jpg
144KB, 663x1600px
bamp
>>
I have a scenario and questions for GMs and one for players with the release of Enemies Beyond. This is mostly for shits and giggles but take it as seriously as you wish.

Assume all rolls were done in front of the GM/via roll20/otherwise verified. Also assume that for whatever insane reason(s) this shit was allowed to happen.

>DH2E
>Daemon World
>Mutant Background
>Mystic Role
>Emperor's Blessing
>Overall average stats
>Significant to max WP
>Max Starting Corruption (38)
>Mutations: Wings, The Warp Made Manifest, It Will Not Die!
>Intro Encounter/Prelude kills character, causing them to gain a further 15 Corruption from It Will Not Die, gaining Warp Regeneration and Cannibalistic Urge

GMs: How would you approach this in-game? How would you induct this character into the Warband? How would you plan for such a subtlety-destroying character and still keep the game playable?

Players: Assume you didn't know about this Warp twisted Acolyte prior to meeting him in or out of character, assume that in character your Inquisitor told you directly that the warpscum is an ally prior to your meeting it. Also assume this character is controlled by either any player in your most recent group or a player you've never met/never played with before. How would you react to this out of character? How would your most recent or most played character react to this? (short of killing the warpscum on sight of course).
>>
File: 1435080659050.jpg (73KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435080659050.jpg
73KB, 720x720px
Post the game you're currently playing / GMing, then post the game you wish you were playing / Gming
>>
>>45354144
Oh, forgot Divinations.
>Do not ask why you serve. Only ask how.
>>
>>45354144
As a GM, if everyone in the party was cool with it and wanted to roll with it, i'd go with scenarios on feral worlds/daemon worlds/hostile xenos planets where there's less fear of reprisal for harboring such a thing.

investigations would be harder thats for sure
>>
So I have a question about a villain I am planning for an upcoming DH2 campaign drawing from Enemies Beyond. Basically I want to know if it makes sense.

So the villain is this high ranking noble who is terrified of being assassinated or somehow deprived of his seat. In his fear he secretly contracts a powerful chaos cult to fashion him a Daemon weapon containing a weak daemon to protect himself. However the cult deceives the noble and instead traps a much more powerful daemon in the weapon knowing that the second he picks it up the daemon will overpower his mind and take complete control of him. After the daemon takes control of the noble it begins to slowly and arduously transfer itself from the weapon into the much more mobile and fleshy container that is the noble himself.

Stat-wise I am planning to have the villain actually battle the players multiple times with a steady progression of stats as the daemon gains greater and greater possession of his body. Beginning with the stats of just the noble wielding a daemon weapon, then each encounter after this using stats from daemon-hosts of steadily declining levels of binding (Thrice, Twice, Once and finally Unbound) essentially representing how much of it's essence the daemon has managed to transfer from the weapon to it's new body at that time.

So my question is, does this make sense? Also is this fair?
>>
>>45354477
That just sounds more like outright possession.
>>
>>45354614
Are there rules for that?

Where can I find them?
>>
>>45354645
Black Crusade.
>>
>>45354645
>>45354614
Yeah that's just your bog standard possession. From memory, Tome of Decay has the full rules for it, and there should be some possession-through-weapon rules in the Core.
>>
>>45354649
>>45354660
Neat, thanks.
>>
I don't get what people say about 'le only war meatgrinder', it's really not that hard to survive if you ain't constantly trying for glory.
>>
>>45354614
>>45354660
Despite all that heresy going on, it's not quite possession, the acolyte is still aware and in some control of himself. The problem comes from the warped way of viewing things that comes with so much corruption. Assuming they still cleave to the Emperor they'd likely be in a state of conflict between feeling that they are scum but also knowing their obligation to the Emperor. Even a warp twisted scum like that can still struggle against the corruption and serve. At that point they'd know full well that when their Emperor given task is done they will be destroyed, either by falling to the Warp and being killed by those he once fought alongside, or being gladly destroyed by more puritan soldiers.

>"Even like this, I continue to serve. And when I have outlived my usefulness to the Emperor... by His mercy alone shall I obtain a true death and a peaceful oblivion."

>>45354158
>currently playing
DH2, investigating a cult-infested hive. Half the party is in the underhive tossing it up with gangers and cultists or being tortured, my half is doing drudge work and making small investigative progressions here and there. While I'm in the place I need to be in, the lack of real action is mildly disappointing. I come from a D&D background so this is definitely a mental workout for me. I did get to cut loose with an asshole character I retired from a different game though remade as an NPC in the gang just last session, fun shit.

>want to play
Regardless of whether it's wh40k game or otherwise, I want to play a good narrative game with more potent morality struggles. My first DH Frontier/Mutant/Mystic would have been primed for that but rolled the Warp Made Manifest, and with most of the group and I being new that would have wrecked the DH feel, so I let the Warp take him without even burning his entire Fate threshold. Current character has it a bit, but needs to hide it well to maintain cover so it doesn't really show.
>>
>>45354884
>if you ain't constantly trying for glory.
What heresy is this?!
>>
>>45354910
Hey man I love the emperor and all that, but I can't kill greenskins if they shoot me as I'm charging their war wagon solo.
>>
>>45354894
But it is supposed to be an npc.
>>
>>45354894
>the acolyte is still aware and in some control of himself.
Them's Radical words, son.
But seriously, the real terror of falling to possession, or even to merciless radical ways, is that the entire time, you believe you are in control, that you are doing the Emperor's work, that despite your weaknesses and failings, in spite of the perversion and gross lack of moral fiber, your heart is in the right place.
What you posted is the rationale of every arch radical inquisitor and acolyte ever, and it was as bullshit for Quixos and Eisenhorn as it was Kryptmann.
The ends do not justify the means when your enemy's greatest skill is seducing you to doing their work whilst all the while you think yourself the best lil Emprah agent.
>>
>>45354939
>But it is supposed to be an npc
What? The Warp Tainted Daemon/Mutant/Psycker? No, that was supposed to be a PC. That's what I intended the questions for. Nothing in any of that original post says he becomes an NPC. Theoretically you can have up to 99 Corruption and 99 Insanity before you're rendered unplayable (assuming you live that long).
>>45354951
Still, while you struggle against the Corruption you are still able to justify yourself. If you follow your rationale there, gaining so much as a single point of Corruption would be grounds for destruction. While the Warp tainted scum outlined above is definitely going to need to die, it is still in control of its own mind. Even the Cannibalistic Urge doesn't actually force you to succumb to it, just says you are never sated by normal food. You don't starve, but you are never full or satisfied. You can fight the urge as long as you maintain your awareness. Possession takes away that awareness. True, the seduction of the Warp is a powerful foe, but you can still be a puritan acolyte even whilst being so corrupted, you would just be in constant war with yourself.

All this is well and good, but I was hoping more for actual table/character reactions, not philosophical debate.
>>
>>45355012
You do realize that you linked to >>45354477 and not >>45354144 in your post right?
>>
>>45354144
As a GM, I'd ask the player if they wanted to continue or gen a new character. I'd also poll the rest of the group about whether they were happy with working for a super-radical Inquisitor.

If everyone was OK with it, then onwards! This character, who'd I'd probably have the Inquisitor call "the Weapon" or "the Entity", rather than address by name, is obviously the Inquisitor's most terrible and heretical weapon. It's also on a god-damn timer to become unplayable and uncontrollable (everytime it gets shot, it has a chance of gaining Corruption and it's already sitting on 53 Corruption).

As long as everyone understand that and doesn't mind the player of the Weapon being kind of in the spotlight, let's ride this heresy-train.

Choo-Fucking-Choo!

As a player, I'd be slightly concerned OOC, but I'd make a good faith effort to make it work if the (really, really implausible) rolls had happened in front of my eyes.

My most recently played PC would try to kill it and trying to kill the Inquisitor for letting it live. It's dull, but it's what he'd do. If I was a player, I'd need to recraft my character knowing I'd be dabbling in heresy this dark, so he's compatible with the warpbeast.
>>
>>45355012
>not philosophical debate.
You are then ignoring a core tenet of the game, how much is too far, when is the line crossed.
The great roleplay aspect of DH is coming to, and eventually crossing, the line where you start to dabble in the things considered proscribed because, yes, they DO WORK.
Daemonhosts work.
Daemon weapons work.
Forbidden rituals work.
When your enemy has no rules, how many rules are you willing to flout in order to save lives?
How many lies will you have to tell yourself at night to justify turning your back on what you were led to believe sacrosanct?
How long before you believe those lies?
If you are not indulging this debate with your character, you are either a fire and brimstone monodominant (and just as bad as the radicals you decry), or a player that is ignoring a large part of what makes DH different from the other game lines: you can choose to be damned, and the journey to it is what makes fun.
As for character concerns, most human beings have both corruption and insanity points. Corruption points is the taint on the soul from warp related phenomenon, and does not automatically change your mindset.
That said, if played straight, it should lead to a slippery slope, especially if you begin to see how effective the tools of the enemy are.
Further, it is not about what you "believe", because what you believe can be objectively false. Eisenhorn believed himself an Amalthian puritan almost up to the moment he *REDACTED*, despite all the things he did before, and he was soundly condemned by his peers as a radical (which he was when taken objectively).
As a player, I would be very wary of a character like this, because it basically means the entire campaign must cater to a single player, and two handfuls of basic character concepts could not exist in the same group with such a pc. I view it is a huge red flag of "I am a selfish ass and my fun is more important than the group's collective fun". However, I'd adapt, I think.
>>
>>45354144
>Oh sweet Emperor, what is that thing?
>It's scum, shoot it at the first sign of it not knowing its place.
>>
>>45354144
Induct it by having your Inquisitor tell the others that they have to work with it but that they can kill it if it does anything suspicious. The "it" part is important, the creature must not be recognized as human.

As for subtlety, have the Inquisitor sugest that they conduct any 'delicate affairs' away from the creature (and organize for there to be something else important to the investigation for the mutant to do separately with 1 other member of the warband that doesn't involve interacting with anyone).

Also fluff it that the mutant wears a long, cloak of some variety that covers it's mutations outside of combat so people can't tell without being close enough to see it's face.

You could even have the mutant act as the face man for interactions with chaos cultists and take part in violent interrogations. Having a hideous monstrosity helps out when you need to scare the crap out of someone so they'll tell you what you want to know and chaos cults generally love corruption.
>>
>>45354144
The character would vastly overshadow rest of the group. Changes like these should be a result of natural character development, otherwise you just grab powerful and flashy things without any context. You're no different from this power gaming faggot with a thunderhawk.
Where's the moral struggle of slowly falling? Where is group dynamics? Winged daemon looks tempting, but in a non bc game you're coming across as an exemplar of poor taste.
>>
>>45355859
Well, that's a little unfair. Anon was putting this one out there as a hypothetical and a mostly randomly generated hypothetical at that.

"Mutant psyker from a demon world" makes a reasonably degree of sense as a concept, and there is every chance of rolling (for example) 21 Corruption and getting coming out of character gen with (for example) Razor Fangs and Boneblades.

This is more a hypothetical of what to do if the dice happen to say "Nope, you'll be a discount Daemonhost. Have fun!".

If that actually happens from the dice, under the eyes of the whole table, that's quite different from deciding to play the special-est Rosarius-and-Praetor Armour snowflake.
>>
>>45354144
Giv them a free Best quality Thunderhawk Gunship and set them free to roam
>>
>>45356408
Yeah, I agree, though my point is a reasonable player should reroll while a sensible DM should not accept such a charter.
An exception could be made if the group is happy with having such a character in the group, are high level already or are hardline radicals.
Simply speaking, just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Then again, depending on tone of the campaign, but as a rule of thumb it's a no
>>
For DH2, how would one go at adding new characters to a campaign? I understand that they can randomly find a person who is qualified on a planet, but that seems a little lackluster.
>>
>>45356989
Last surviving acolyte of annihilated cell, with their inquisitor also dead.
Assigned to the cell by inquisitor's superior
Tried to rob/assassinate the war band with such a skill he got recruited instead
>>
>>45357075
I like those a lot, thanks buddy!
>>
>>45354158
GMing OW, quite satisfied to be honest, and about to start some minor DW thingie

Would like to play RT, or an OW game where everyone plays as a different officer or higher up from other organizations and most of the combat is social, discussing how to manage future and ongoing campaigns and trying to use politics to gain support in order to achieve the goals of the campaign in a way that mostly favors one's own side.
>>
>>45354158
Currently GMing Rogue Trader (running Forgotten Bounty somewhat modified as an introduction then we'll see where it goes).

Would love to play Rogue Trader.

Incidentally, anyone have some good ideas what random junk a Rogue Trader could have in his holds?
>>
>>45354158
GM'ing an Imperial Knights game using my homebrew (for Only War) [Chivalry Intensifies].

It's exactly the game I want to play right now, but I also kinda want to play a Conquistador/Golden Age of Piracy style Rogue Trader game.
>>
>>45354158
Currently playing DH2 and enjoying it quite a bit!

I have plans to run Black Crusade in a bit, but there is no rush (our group tends not to go straight from one 40krpg to another, so it'll probably be in a few months)
>>
>>45354158
Currently running a DH2e game taking place in Sub-Sector Aurelia post Dawn of War 2 Retribution.
I want to run either Deathwatch or Only War. Most likely the latter since it is close to DH2e
>>
>>45355020
It's odd you say that, because the post you quoted me on doesn't have >>45354477 in it anywhere, see for yourself.
>>
>>45357758
Yes, but it's part of a chain of replies coming from >>45354477.

To be precise, you (>>45355012) replied to >>45354939, who was replying to >>45354894, who was replying to >>4535461, who was replying to >>45354477.

If you follow.
>>
very new GM (This is my first campagin), How feesable is it for my only war group to enage necron warriors/flayed ones
I want to end an ending surpised for my players in this campagin against orks, and making them accidently stumbling into a slowly awakening necron tomb seems to be a nice end of campagin suprise for them. Also in which books do I find the stats for said necrons?
>>
>>45358019
>How feesable is it for my only war group to enage necron warriors/flayed ones
Generally it's what you'd call "Suicide". If it's your first time GM'ing, I'd advice against using Necrons because they're hard to use since you need very high XP PC's or Space marine PC's to handle them.

>Also in which books do I find the stats for said necrons?
Tome of Fate from Black Crusade and The Outer Reach from Deathwatch
>>
>>45358019
If you're gonna do Necrons, make them very small groups. I had an end of a campaign DH2e party fight two warriors and it was a tough battle. Less is better
>>
>>45358143
I always found that parties with less combatants are cooler thematically, but less fun to run. The opponent gets one dodge unless they're a temple assassin, meaning they're a beat stick for the rest of the party until they inevitably lose. If they're not, they can wipe the floor since one of them is apparently capable of handling three+ PCs attacking them.
>>
>>45358220
When it comes to Necrons though, they're gonna tank almost all the damage unless you get 5 degrees of success and roll an 8 or higher. They don't need to dodge
>>
>>45358019
One warrior is a TPK for a starting OW group
>>
>>45358492
Throw in a squad of them then just to be sure
>>
>>45359801
But you could literally have a Terminator session with just one
>>
>>45358220
>>45358019
I did this For an introductory campaign to DH2.
Use scarabs with the odd warrior sprinkeled in if you want to avoid a tpk
>>
>>45341648
Depends on how long it takes. Personally I'd make it take a while, or maybe even feed the player false information as "truth". This is why as a GM I roll all awareness and knowledge tests in secret. Excessive amounts of failure in the rolls calls for false information, and regular or minor failure is simply that they don't notice anything or they can't find any useful information.
>>
File: 1382126548698.png (212KB, 300x429px) Image search: [Google]
1382126548698.png
212KB, 300x429px
I am a GM for a high XP Rogue trader group. They are currently hunting down a rival rogue trader group that has thrown their profit and the sector itself into chaos.

In the next session, I was thinking of having them go against the opposing groups missionary and his forces. what kind of cool boss stuffs could I do with a very experienced missionary who founded his own colony.

Usually I give bosses some immune attribute or just give them a ridiculous amount of chances to hit per round. But I wanna mix it up.
>>
>>45359857
>literally
no, I'm sure you could end them as well metaphorically.
>>
>>45360863
Being that he is a missionary, give him a cult of elite followers that protect him. The guy could have his own mini-army
>>
>>45360908
would he be able to have the support of the Adeptus Sororitas?
>>
>>45360942
Possibly. He would need strong connections to the ecclesiarchy for that to be true and can't be an obvious heretic. Some Ordo Famulous might be with him
>>
>>45360863
He has his cult with him. His fanatical cult of brazier-wielding maniacs.

They find him in the edge of a mountain, where his colony for struck the earth. It's a great big monastery that looks like an Aquila carved into the mountainside. There are murder holes, people throw burning coals at the PCs as they pass through the settlement before they finally encounter the missionary himself.

He's in a chapel, of course he is. Long tapestries hide members of his guard, thick incense cloys the senses, and the PCs are still being pelted with coals. They duke it out in the cathedral, and when it looks like he's about to lose, the Missionary seemingly flees, only to come at the group in a masonry-mech suit in a cavern. Think the power loader from Aliens or a Penitent engine, but this is outfitted with welder units and jackhammers. For the Emperor!

I also learnt this in my last session. A Missionary with a burning brazier mounted on his head (as you do), charged like a bull and headbutted a Chaos Space Marine. Make sure someone does that.
>>
still need that enemys beyond
>>
>>45365825
Could not complete the url.
>>
File: 1429154343302.jpg (24KB, 258x389px) Image search: [Google]
1429154343302.jpg
24KB, 258x389px
>>45354144
>mfw I just rolled it will not die and wings for my mutant character
>>
>>45368024
LMAO Have fun you flying warpscum!
>>
>>45368024

Ask the GM if you can reroll. If you don't, well, have fun with your mary sue.
>>
>>45370184
That's not what a mary sue is...
>>
>>45370184
>Roll randomly on mutations to play as a mutant
>Gain those mutations
>You are now a mary sue!

I'm really lost on your reasoning here.
>>
How does the mutation resisting work? The rule says:
>he must make a test against two Characteristics of his choice.
So I make a opposed test or try to pass two characteristic tests?
>>
>>45370573
The latter. You must pass two tests, or you're a mutie now.
>>
File: 1395940726032.jpg (62KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
1395940726032.jpg
62KB, 599x599px
>>45370619
>Failed
>It's my 6th mutation
Send halp...
>>
>>45370876
I think that at this point any non-heretical character would beg their inquisitor (and basically anyone else who happens to have a weapon) to kill them. If on the other hand you are a heretic this is the point where you might want to consider betraying your warband (seriously, talk to your GM about it as a way to finish your character's arc and start anew with a fresh character).

Point is that at this point the most in-character options for you are all things that involve ending this character's story and rolling up a new Acolyte.
>>
>>45370876
>Send halp...
Copy that. Sending a planetary nuke your way. Be sure to thank the Emprah for being blessed with such an explosive death.
>>
>>45371006
>about it as a way to finish your character's arc and start anew with a fresh character
B-but this is my new character, I haven't even finished the character sheet yet... ;_;
>>45371011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VLgwY1tIoA
>>
>>45371195
>This is a new character
HOW? Seriously, I need you to explain this to me. How the fuck do you get 6 mutations before you've even started playing?
>>
>>45371282
Mutant psyker with unlucky rolls on corruption and resisting mutation. Granted, one of the mutations is because of the background
>>
>>45371330
Yeah but where did you get 60 corruption points from?

You get 10 from Mutant Background (which is how you get your first mutation) and you get 1d10+5 from Daemon World. That's a maximum of 25 that I can find in character creation, which is 2 mutations. So how did you end up with another 35 corruption points?
>>
>>45371358
5 points from being a psyker and I chose to take mutations instead malignancies
>>
>>45371870
You gain a malignancy (or mutation if you have the mutant background) for every 10 corruption points that you have. Not every 5.

If you are genuinely starting at 30 corruption you should have 4 total mutations if you failed every single test (mutants can choose to fail but they can also resist if they want to).

So your corruption is like this, 10 for being a mutant, 1d10+5 for demon world and 1d10+3 for unsanctioned psyker (totaling no more than 38 max). If you choose to fail all tests (or just fail all tests) and gain mutations instead of malignancies then you should have 3 from malignancies (one every 10 points) and 1 from reaching 30 points (mandatory mutation test every 30 points).

Totaling 4 mutations, 5 if you also count the trait you gain from the mutant background as a mutation (though from a gameplay perspective it's a trait, not a mutation). I'm still not seeing where the other 2 (1 if you count the trait) came from.
>>
>>45371870
Not the person freaking out over this, but bruh, even with Daemon World, Mutant Background, and Unsanctioned Psycker you can only get a max of 38. I did the math up there.

>For every 10 total Corruption points a character gains, he must make a Willpower test to see if his Corruption has manifested as literal damage to his body and soul. This roll is modified depending on the number of CP the character already possesses as noted on Table 8–14: The Corruption Track. If the character fails the test, his spiritual Corruption is given form. These metaphysical and psychosomatic scars are called Malignancies, and are randomly rolled on Table 8–15: Malignancies. If a player rolls a result that he has previously suffered for failing a previous Malignancy test, he must roll again until he receives a new result.

>A character’s Corruption points total is also used to determine the terrible effects of Chaos upon his body. As his Corruption builds, his flesh may revolt, twisted by the Dark Gods. Of course, such is the insidious nature of Chaos that it is constantly hunting for weakness in mind and body, testing a character’s defences until it can find a way into his soul. For every 30 Corruption points a character gains, he must make a test against two Characteristics of his choice. He can never test against the same characteristics twice to resist mutation, and should make a note on his Character Sheet of which characteristics he has already used to resist mutation.

This amounts to a grand total maximum of 4 mutations assuming you have 30 or more Corruption points.

How many corruption points do you have currently?
>>
>>45372236
I always saw it as the mutation you gain as part of your chargen counted for the first 10. But otherwise, yeah, 5 total "mutations"
>>
>>45372236
I have 5 total from he rules(took 4 willingly and failed to resist 1) and took Cannibalism because of the guy's backstory
>>
>>45372267
30. I'll be posting sheet later for people to scrutinize
>>
>>45372516
So you took an extra mutation for no reason?

You do know that there is a specific statement in the rules about about choosing one of your mutations based on your character with GM approval right?

The cannibalism mutation should have been the one you get from your background, not an extra one.

Regardless, your character is one that most GMs would take exception to and veto specifically because you seem to have gone as far out of your way as possible to be as heretical as possible from the very start. To a point where your inquisitor would have to practically be a heretic traitor to not kill you on sight himself (I mean seriously, radical doesn't even begin to describe the act of hiring someone so heavily mutated and corrupted before they've even had a proper record of service and dedication to the cause).
>>
>>45372633
My GM of course has the final say and now that I think about it, I only technically have 5+1 since Corrupted Flesh kinda overrides Acid Blood...
>>
>>45372865
*4+1*
>>
Dead thread sinking.
>>
The servo-arm mechadendrite seems kind of ridiculous.
Has this thing ever caused any problems in your games?
>>
I'm writing on a plot for an OW session, and need some input. The plan is to send a squad to an ominous underhive uprising (no other intel). While investigating they venture deep into the hive, where they eventually stumble upon a Hrud-infested area. The thought is to make this a suicide mission: a single squad, unsupported, is lead into Hrud territory by an NPC commissar/arbite. As they head deeper into the area they start getting attacked from the shadows with unknown weaponry, never actually seeing the enemy (still not sure if I want them to find Hrud corpses or eave them clueless). The attacks increase in aggression and number, and the NPC is killed off. The party now has the choice between retreating or being killed off by the Hrud.
The thing is, how do I continue the plot from this point? Do I send the Party back in with reinforcement? Does anyone believe them at all? Are they blam'd for spreading misinformation? Or do I just relocate them to another warzone, and move on?
What do you think, /tg/? Should i keep the Hrud mysterious figures in the shadows, or eventually reveal some for a bossfight?

Tl;dr: I want to use Hrud in a campaign, how do I make it not suck.
>>
>>45346023
Two from the same session.

We're on a world held by the Tau. There are four of us. A Space Wolf Tactical, my one that I can't for the life of me remember, a hard-as-nails Toughness up the wazoo Iron Hands Tech-Marine, and one other who I also forget.

We enter a large warehouse after fighting off waves of Vespid, and we come face to face (and at quite a distance) from a Hammerhead.

I'm the guy who brings melta-bombs to every session, and we realise that as good as the Hammerhead is, that barrel is looooooooooooong so if we're really close, we can avoid it.

We do so, avoiding its shots on the way in. All four of us get behind it. I plant a Melta-Bomb, and set it so we can get away a turn later.

Three of us run for it. The friend whose Marine I can't remember decides to stay because he wants to attack the rear of the Hammerhead with his knife.

A turn later the melta bombs detonate. The Hammerhead is destroyed, the Marine is no more. *sigh*

Thankfully it got better. We caught up with our target, the Shas'O, but he was getting away and his Manta about to take off.

We jump onto the Manta, and are fighitng some turrets when the Shas'o and his bodyguard show up. We're now having an epic fight against the boss and his minions, on the top of a raising Manta, that by this stage is on fire.

Most metal thing we've ever done in Deathwatch.
>>
>>
>>45374886
>Most metal thing we've ever done in Deathwatch.
For me, it was an Angels Sanguine assault marine tearing off the throat of a dying Eldar still twitching on his chainsword with his teeth and then devouring xeno flesh, his face awash with alien blood
>>
>>45374921
>Corrupted Flesh
>Has no skin

Hmm...
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.