[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever played an LGBT character that wasn't magical realm?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 26

File: Sorin_Untitled-1.jpg (225KB, 1600x1472px) Image search: [Google]
Sorin_Untitled-1.jpg
225KB, 1600x1472px
Have you ever played an LGBT character that wasn't magical realm?
>>
>>45092133
I'd say yes, but it was in Eclipse Phase.
>>
>>45092133
romance, sex, orientation, love, etc., never really comes up in the games i've been playing.

i wouldn't care if someone did play an lgbt character, but i just don't think it would matter if they did.
>>
>>45092133

No, because it can't be done.
>>
File: Homo_at_Work.jpg (165KB, 869x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Homo_at_Work.jpg
165KB, 869x1250px
>>
>>45092133
Sure. It didn't come up during the play, but I've played a gay character. Adventurers tend to be queer lot, and sometimes it's their sexuality that drove them from home. No big deal.
>>
>>45092133
Yeah, I played a pseudo-Greek version of Solid Snake. His preference was for other men, but aside from the odd off-hand comment it was never anything particularly explicit or elaborate.
>>
what about characters that are magical realm?
>>
>>45092300
Wut? That's stupid.

>leave home because I like taking dick in my ass
>go to big city..take lits of dicks
>adventure? No thanks..my ass is too sore to ride a horse

Gay adventurers.
>>
>>45092133
Sure
>Lesbian cyborg, dated the team's cryomancer in a superhero game
>Trans guy tech expert in a sci fi game. Character was built around desperation to build a family because his biological family had kicked him out when he told them he was trans.

First one, romance with the cryomancer wasn't too important. Second one, it provided his main motivation, honestly one of the more interesting characters I've played.
>>
>>45092239
This.

Though, as someone who is bi IRL, most of my characters that aren't something else specifically are that. Just for simplicity's sake.
>>
>>45092133
Sure. I had a bisexual knight in a GURPS game set in the 12th century that was caught up in a love triangle between a beautiful male thief and a witch.
>>
File: SHELLDORADO.jpg (391KB, 803x800px) Image search: [Google]
SHELLDORADO.jpg
391KB, 803x800px
>>45092133
Immortal shapeshifter has no regards for orientation or morality! They are whatever they want you to think they are, for they are the master of disguise!
>>
>>45092133
Yes, playing one right now... thing is it hasn't come up yet and I'm not going to force the issue, why should I?
>>
Orientation and sexual proclivities rarely, if ever, come up in our games.

The closest we got was when our charming rogue found out the head of a mercenary group preferred the company of other women, and that was just the GM wanted to give him something else to do besides steam roll social encounters with his absurd levels of charisma.

So our poor fighter had to keep her distracted while we raided her offices, which made for some comic relief since our fighter was straight as an arrow.

Other than a few nods to a knight who was banging hie page squire, a bathhouse that was essentially a brothel with running water and a few amorous flirtations with bar wenches, we don't tend to make a big deal of such things.

Standard adventurer stuff really.
>>
>>45092133
Was a Dwarf.
Garret the Simple.

He was mostly braindead, constant concussions and a few decades' work in low oxygen environments.

The one time it came up was a random encounter with a succubus.
Still managed to become mind controlled, but he was very angry about it while it was happening.
>>
>>45092579
>Still managed to become mind controlled, but he was very angry about it while it was happening.

I shouldn't find coerced reverse-rape amusing, but damn.
>>
>>45092633
>reverse rape
No, anon. That's full on rape.
>>
>>45092133
I played a Gay evil monk that was trying to kill the other PC's that just watched and let his lover die. He was willing to let him live when he found out the circumstances, but they kept shitting on him until it crazy murder time.
>>
>>45092660

Still funny.
>>
I played a character that some might argue was trans in a campaign. She lived in a fairly backwater town, when it was attacked by marauders she donned her fathers old armour and lead a militia to fight them off and she kind of just enjoyed being a guy so never stopped the façade.

Unfortunately it got pointed out to me that she was pretty much just a copy of Mulan so I shelved her, I understand there's nothing new under the sun, but that was a bit too close to someone else for my liking.
>>
>>45092697
Well, Mulan fought so her father didn't have to. Seems like your character fought because she liked fighting and being manly. Two different things.
>>
>>45092683
>Monk
>Not celibate
>>
>>45092770
>Requiring sex for love
>>
>>45092770
He took the catholic route. No women, only sexy little male gnomes.
>>
>>45092683
>gay
>evil
Redundant fag us redundant.
>>
>>45092261
As this thread proves...
>Muh gay (x)
>rape rape rape
>lol
>>
>>45092792
>Implying Chastity doesn't include romantic entanglements
>>
I'm playing a bisexual gigolo in Kult.
Does that count?
>>
I'm playing one right now. Only thing that came of it was a cute Medusa I saved gave me a kiss on the cheek and I went on my merry way.
>>
>>45092385
>tech expert in a sci fi game. Character was built around desperation to build a family
like... literally build out of robots?
>>
>>45092133
I had a gay knight who specialized with a crossbow. He didn't start gay, just became that way with a joke about the sort of people the brothel I visited stocked. I ended up loving the character, but he was exploded by a lance. (Oh the irony)
>>
>>45092384
In my character's case it was more about being driven from his home town because of his orientation, but as I said it wasn't a big deal because it was just a part of his backstory.
>>
I told the GM I was gonna flirt with the secretary to distract them while the team went through the door. He pointed out the secretary was a man, and I said I was undeterred.
>>
I had a DM who said sexuality was decided by rolls, 1d100 with 1 being homosexual and 100 being heterosexual. I rolled a 98, which the DM deemed comfortable with your sexuality. He said 50 was bi sexual, 70 was someone uncomfortable with their sexuality. 1 is someone who doesn't really tell people they're gay unless it comes up, 30 was limp wristed fairy.

Also said a character gender can be rolled on any dice, even is female, odd is male, because penises are odd.
>>
>>45092975
He tried that but since AI wasn't particularly advanced in this setting, the family robots he made were flat one-dimensional caricatures of a loving family and he just got super sad and cried a lot.

Eventually, he managed to accept the party as his family, justifying it to his brother when he showed up asking him to come home by saying "This is my family. It's little, it's broken, and it's weird, bit I love it, and I found it all on my own."
>>
>>45092981
I basically played him ccompletely the same as straight, only he fancied men. It actually gave the character a bit more depth to me. Made him unique in my mind. But I don't think I would make another character like him again, but I would play him again in a heartbeat
>>
Have you ever play as the opposite sex?
>>
>>45093130
Seems from all those other threads people seem more comfortable playing a queer character than someone with genitals that don't match their own.
>>
>>45093130
opposite sex no,
opposite gender yes
>>
>>45093130
Couple of times, but both times I ended up just playing a dude with tits and a vagina. So I just make men now
>>
File: black_templar_sword_brethren.jpg (145KB, 800x579px) Image search: [Google]
black_templar_sword_brethren.jpg
145KB, 800x579px
>>45092133
Yes, I play Lawful Good Black Templars all the time.
>>
>roll up lesbian hacker in a shadowrun campaign
>only me and the DM know that the character is lesbian
>that guy, an edgy augmented detective, tries to seduce my character
>sorry, no dice
>takes guy a minute or so to fully understand what happened
>once he realizes he starts complaining ooc that we made a fool of him
He still sometimes asks to check my char sheets so he won't get surprised
>>
>>45092133
Literally only 0 members of my group are straight.

2 of them were at one point, but the former was a played by a fucking /v/irgin, and the second was named Revan.
>>
I once made a homosexual Nidmuzug character though I only got to play him once and his sexuality didn't even come up during play. It was just backstory.
>>
>>45093130
Once when the GM challenged the guys at the tables to play a woman when the girls had both played a number of male characters by then.

It went alright but it wasn't played any differently than normal. We went out and hit things with sticks for cash.
>>
How can playing an lgbt+ character be magical realm material?
>>
Played a nominally bisexual human barbarian. Only indication was when a monk at a monestary asked the group if we had a preference of guide.

>"Got any elf ladies? "
>the monk, disgusted,"This is an all male monestary, and elves live in their own country! "
>"A cute half elf guy, then? I'm willing to work with what you give me. "
>>
>>45093424
80% of magical realm stories I've seen involved lesbians or bisexuals. Take that as you will.
>>
Yep. My current character is gay, and has a massive crush on the paladin of the group, but all that translates into is that he puts the paladin's needs in front of his.
And throws all of his healing potions at him
But it never really comes up. Everyone just assumes they're good friends.
>>
I played a Tya in an Exalted game; but not for the gender reasons.
She came from a big family with a bunch of brothers and sisters, they worked the land while her dad was out at sea. She saw what life was like for her mom as their dad (a somewhat horrible person) left her periodically at home and decided that life wasn't for her.

In order to escape she joined the Tya and had a life of fun and adventure on the seas.
>>
Never. It never not goes into magical realm.

Because how often does it actually come up in a fucking game where a player really needs to let everyone and everything know it likes homo sex? Yet, it will always come up.
>The town guard frisks you
>"Well, since my characters gay, I like it"
>Uh, ok
>"Also, since my characters gay-"
>"As a gay character-"
>"with my character being gay and all, I would probably-"
>"Do the people I'm talking notice im an MtF? Can you pleaseroll for them?"
>"Can I tell if there are any gender fluid people around here?"

Thats always what it comes down to, when in reality NO ONE really fucking cares. Its like they are in some special club in elementary school and want people to care.

I had it go over well ONE time:
>Big, burly man bounty hunter type played by a quiet player.
>months and months of party adventuring
>Big party for their success. Booze and babes.
>Player next to him IC: "Why not grab yourself a lady?"
>Him: No
>Whys that? Too much honor or some shit?
>Him:"....I'm gay". He grabs the nearest good looking young male servant, over his shoulder, slaps him on the ass and walks away.
>Party is silent for a moment, then bursts out laughing

That shit was great. It wasnt intrusive, had been a character trait all along (had it in my GM notes from day one), and wasn't a shit show of oral fixation.
>>
>>45093501
So literally absolutely nothing?
>>
I'm about to play one. He was raised in an order to kill monsters since birth and has a bit of a thing with one of the other acolytes he was raised with. Other than that, sexuality doesn't really come up in our games.
>>
>>45093596
Sounds like you had one guy who knows how to roleplay properly and several who didn't. Hint: wasn't the sexuality that made the character bad.
>>
>>45092133
I made my Skald gay despite his wife and kids. He had his own Brokeback mountain with the guy that taught him how to fight, and the party Fighter and him had amazingly Top Gun experiences in their downtime.
>>
>>45092133
Yes. It's not hard when half the players in your group are queer.
>>
>>45093338
Oh wow, he was that salty? Are you a guy too btw, why wouldn't he found that awkward ooc then?
>>
>>45093596
You do realize the person you are describing is That Guy, or someone who is poor at roleplaying in general, and not someone who is actually playing a gay character?

Source: My entire party is gay/bi.

>>45093682
>having sexuality at all
>not playing as pure, chaste Christian missionaries

That is the definition of heresy.
>>
>>45093654
>>45093721

No, his sexuality didnt make him bad, he was bad, but haveing that be a huge character peice is a sign of things to come. It should be about as important as hair color.

Its a red flag, not a deal breaker for me.If some one needs to outline and bold it, it means they want it to be a key feature. Time tested and experienced, its usually the ones who make sexual preference and gender and bold point who fuck up the game. If they say it, I tell them thats on them, I will not put up with erp in a non-erp game.
>>
>>45093059
>This is my family. It's little, it's broken, and it's weird, bit I love it, and I found it all on my own
This is amazing
>>
File: 1453723176124.jpg (60KB, 343x317px) Image search: [Google]
1453723176124.jpg
60KB, 343x317px
>>45093766
Sorry, but I'm too busy being fucked in the ass.

>>45093796
Understandable. This thread needs to be fucking purged though.
>>
>>45093664
Wow...that really sounds like a great rp game!!!
>is my wife watching? (Rolls perception)
>no? Then I fuck that dude in the ass.

You are so clever and witty!!
I bet you have gms lined up to invite you to play!!
>>
File: SergBachNoWatermark05MayChr.jpg (102KB, 776x600px) Image search: [Google]
SergBachNoWatermark05MayChr.jpg
102KB, 776x600px
>>45092133
Yup. He was a cleric by class, and monk by order (like, cloistered monk not kungfu monk).

In a medieval world, homosexuality was quite different than most people think. Monks even had a form of common-law marriage to each other.

It only came up twice: Once when a lust demon turned male to try and seduce my character (that surprised the hell out of the party), and again when we went to my monastery, and I shared a cell with my partner when it was time for bed.

No magical realm. Just a guy who happened to be into dudes and Pelor.
>>
No. Mine was pretty fucking magical realm. She was youthful, and earnest, and responsible, and compassionate.

Pretty strong fetish bait.
>>
>>45092133
I played a gay knight once.
His sexual orientation was strictly secondary to his identity as a knight though; he just preferred men over women.
>>
Have you ever played a straight character that wasn't magical realm, /tg/?
>>
File: Laughing Avatars.png (181KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Avatars.png
181KB, 500x656px
>thread poses question if lgbt characters can be made without making it magical realm
>few anons say no
>many anons recite how they have seen that yes, it can be done
>one anon blows up and insists it can't be done
>despite evidence to the contrary
>

Anyways, to stay on topic, I've seen it done badly, where the GM shoehorned it into 2 character's motivations for looking for each other. It came of as pandering.
And I'm gay
>>
>>45093936
don't forget pirates had homo marriages too. or the equivalent of.

I think I would be happy enough to play any LGBT character, just as long as it wasn't their defining trait. There's no need to make it a part of every interaction, just as hetero's don't make their sexuality a part of every interaction. Just be normal about it.
>>
>>45093969
How horrible for you, I hope you get over such a traumatic ordeal soon
>>
>>45092133
I have never seen someone play a gay character without either entering magical realm or virtue-signalling.
Not even the gay players I've had.
>>
>>45092133
My rogue trader in a friend's campaign was gay.

It never, ever came up.

He was a pragmatic aristrocrat though, and would have at least gotten a sham marriage for heirs if the campaign had lasted longer.
>>
>>45094121
Oh, it was awesome for me. I'd cum buckets just thinking about the next session, about how she would bravely risk her life to promote justice, and how she would sacrifice herself to save her friends.

It was intensely arousing.
>>
I'm playing a gay character right now but no one knows except me.
>>
>>45094183
B-but anon! This I-is a c-Christian image board! Y-you can't speak s-so... So...
lewdly!
>>
>>45094195
it's bad sport to play self-inserts
>>
>>45094032
Honestly? Not really.
>>
File: 1296199915314.png (12KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1296199915314.png
12KB, 390x470px
>>45094233
>>
>>45092133
Yup. Asari. Comes with the territory.
>>
>>45094225
The only sexual or romantic things she ever did that weren't gross fetish-based encounters involved tiefling handholding and Erinyes' manacles

Everything else was totally uncalled-for Justice wank and me forcing my heroism fetish into the game like a creepy asshole.
>>
>>45094320
>Asari
>NOT magical realm
>>
>>45094346
Oh wow. I wouldn't be surprised if people started leaving your groups, you probably made everyone very uncomfortable!!
>>
File: 1419990838625.png (191KB, 392x336px) Image search: [Google]
1419990838625.png
191KB, 392x336px
>>45094375
How fucking racist anon. I can't believe you.

What's next? All Twi'leks are slaves you bigot?
>>
File: 1452356647687.gif (968KB, 320x265px) Image search: [Google]
1452356647687.gif
968KB, 320x265px
>>45094434
>>
>>45093936
>adelphopoeisis
Actually giving a quack like Boswell any form of legitimization
>>
>>45094434
>skinny blue omnisexual all-female alien race culturally obliged to fuck anything that moves
They're designed from the ground up to appeal to horny teenage boys.
>>
No one has ever played a LGBT character in my croup because no one is a humongous faggot senpai
>>
>>45094503
>being this mad
>>
I played a character that identified as female despite being a member of a genderless race.

(Yes, I ripped off White Chain from KSBD)
>>
>>45094507
/thread
>>
File: 1450881067198.gif (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450881067198.gif
3MB, 1280x720px
>>45094548
>KSBD
Mah nigga
>>
>>45094519
I'm not mad, I'm just pointing out that Asari are a pretty transparent sex appeal marketing gimmick as opposed to pretty much all the other ME races.
>>
>>45094548
They're genderless, but most Angels act very masculine to be more authoritative and scary. White Chain doesn't 'identify' as a woman, as in believes she ought to have female biology, she just acts in a way mortals would consider feminine.
>>
>>45094587
Actual asari player here. Regardless of feelings about how/why they were designed, which I personally attribute to the old space opera trope of 'space babe race' just like the krogan are 'warrior race', I enjoyed the character. She was like a big blue Robocop, good times.
>>
File: 1453762815879.jpg (42KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1453762815879.jpg
42KB, 550x550px
>>45094470
Anon...

>>45094503
They are a perfectly respectable race. You merely need help with your sexual frustration.
>>
>>45094649
Individual Asari can be great characters. They did a good job of fleshing them out as a race. But the base concept they started with is pretty clearly spacetits. Nothing wrong with that, but it isn't exactly groundbreaking science fiction.
>>
>>45094664
I'd like to point out the big bads of the race are women who are addicted to fucking people to death due to some bizzare genetic mutation or other bullshit.

The Asari are by far one of the weaker parts of mass effect.

Besides, Turians for life!
>>
>>45092133
There are two ways to do this
>play LGB character
>nobody ever finds out because it has zero relevance on in-game interaction

>play LGB character
>be obnoxiously flamboyant and hit on all characters of same sex until thrown out of game

>play T character seriously
>be SJW
>>
>>45092133
Yes. It never came up that my tiefling alchemist used to be female like his twin sister, Who also never came up. or that he still kind of liked guys.
None of those really do anything for me, except maybe the agony of being betrayed by the one person you think you can trust. His sister was even less of a nice person than he was, and that's saying something. Or maybe more of a nice person, but much more evil. At any rate, it's the beautiful-pain aspect, not NTR.
>>
>>45094716
Every race is like that if you look deep enough

the Volus are literally space jews, the Quarians are gypseys in space, the krograns were giant brute rape lizards, capable of laying thousands of young until the salarians ruined everything.

The salarians, turians, geth, elkor, and hanar are where it gets interesting.
>>
>>45094736
>Not wanting literal sirens/succubi

I thought they were a nice edition.
>>
>>45094739
>play LGBT character
>mention it in passing if it ever becomes relevant, otherwise leave it in the background
>I'm here to RP adventuring, the hooking up with mansluts upon returning to town is something I'll think about on my own time
>>
>>45094814
That wouldn't be a problem, but it took an already over-sexualized race and made it even more sexualized.
>>
>>45094716
Again, player here. I don't think anything groundbreaking happens in Mass Effect. It's a love letter to the space opera and I'm happy with it as a setting and as a whole.

Ironically, I feel the same way about playing said LGBR character. Don't try to be 'groundbreaking.' They're just people, good and bad.
>>
>>45094739
If you actually wanted to play a T character seriously it would never come up unless a monster tried to rape the character or something like that.
>>
>>45094486
I actually have no idea who that is, I just liked the image.
>>
Played a gay, bugbear pirate once.The swashbuckling aspect let me get away with the occasional bout of flambouyance. Ironically, I made him gay to avoid the other guy's magical realm; when the resident pervert specifies that hsi tielfing's bloodline is succubus related, you know shit is going to go south.
>>
>>45094887
Or they donned a Girdle of Gender Swap and jumped for joy.
>>
>>45094887
Mulan characters are cool and believable.

Dr. Frank-n-furter is comical and detracts from a serious roleplay.
>>
>>45094887
Eh, I could see where one of the T character's actual motivations is to actually change their sex to a female, via wizardry bullshit. Of course, this would obviously be an end game one, and dependent on the setting.
>>
File: unimpressed-latrice.gif (601KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed-latrice.gif
601KB, 400x275px
>>45095034
>Mulan
>Transgender
>>
>>45095060
*not end game one, but mid game

Fuck...

>>45094990
This...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
>>45094120
>Implying not all pirates have gone prison/navy-gay at some point, and the ravishing of women at port wasn't some macho self-assuring that they don't lust for their cabin mate.

Ramrod at ready, gunner!
>>
>>45095034
Mulan wasn't transgender. She just didn't agreed with traditional gender roles. There is a big difference.
>>
>>45092133
Yes. My one grizzled mercenary sergeant was bisexual, but it never even came up.
>>
File: what I need.gif (3MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
what I need.gif
3MB, 384x288px
>>45093059
>>45093798
Lilo and Stitch.
>>
Got into a 6th level campaign were the DM want all of our characters to have some sorta background.
So I played trans women, they were born a male trained by her father in the way of the Samurai.
She realized she didn't identify with her birth gender and decided when she was of age to move away and begin living as a women. During her travels she was taken in by a shrine which she now defends, protects, and works as a priestess(I took two levels in cleric). She joined the party to raise money for shrine and test her skills.
>>
>>45095139
What the fuck? How many characters do you play?
>>
>>45095079
>>45095103
Was useing it more for the story rather then the actual character:
>Do manly things
>Dont give a fuck.
>"I was born a women but live like a man, so fucking what?"

Thats how it should be if your going to do it.

What it should not be is you life defining trait and the entire world needs to learn to love you for it. Your out to adventure and kill shit. No one should be in on your change unless its necessary.

Though I'd play the fuck out of the character from the oglaf barbarian comics.
>She is truly my son
>>
>>45095219
How do we know that baby is trans, though? Sure, she may get raised as male by the barbarians but what if she identifies as female?

... I am thinking way too hard about this.
>>
>>45095273
>Sure, she may get raised as male by the barbarians but what if she identifies as female?
Unlikely. Their people seem to define women as weak and "unhonorable". She as a son of man would never see herself as something like this. She as well might define herself as a cat or a shoe.
>>
>>45093936
No, dude, you can do a brother-making ceremeony even now. A married scholar girl did it with her best girl friend at a syrian monastery, at the behest of the bishop there. There was no kinky christian lesbianism involved.
>>
>>45095334
Well, I mean, transgenderism isn't just a nurture thing. Some decent evidence for a neurological aspect, so if her brain is still wired as female...
>>
>>45092133
I've taken up permanent residence in a town whose main (only) feature is its two universities, so you can't find a game without someone who either belongs to THAT demographic or knows someone from that demographic.
Play a gay character: *respectful nod* of approval.
Play a straight character: problematic.
Literally do not care about your character's sexual persuasion as it has no impact on the adventure: problematic.
Simply leave your character undefined/ambiguous to avoid the "problematic" talk during each session: They gleefully tack all their personal values onto their character and *nod respectfully* towards you
>>
>>45095162
I'm confused, I multi-classed not played two different characters.
>>
File: barbarian19.jpg (93KB, 640x1024px) Image search: [Google]
barbarian19.jpg
93KB, 640x1024px
>>45095334
Well, you assume she would never question her own worth or her father's wisdom. Others certainly would if they are so hidebound a culture. From her perspective, if action was what determined her role in society, then perhaps she believes that personal action should be the standard by which people should be held, not their gender/sex?

I love playing the female barbarian/Red Sonja character, so I've had this conversation before.
>>
>>45095382
Well, technically speaking it's just a christian version of an old concept of brotherhood of blood. By the way this is the blood that is thicker than water (of the womb) in the old saying.
>>
>>45092133
Seeing as LGBT is trying to force a lifestyle/culture out of a sexual perversion, it's literally impossible to play one that isn't just obnoxious fetish garbage.
>>
>>45092133
I played a sniper in a steampunk setting once who was gay. I only did it because one of the other players who is going to play a huge womanizer and I thought it would be funny to be his wingman in hopes shenanigans would happen when one girl hooks up with my friends character and then I refuse the girl after me but it never happened.
>>
>>45095398
How would she even figure out that her brain is wired as 'female'? She would want to clean, bake and play with dolls?
>>
>>45092133
I've played a transgender person before. It wasn't a major part of their personality (a very common mistake when people make a LGBT character) and only ever came up when he said that he'll make his breasts larger once he gets that surgery when a well-endowed female made a comment about his chest size, or always wearing drag. The only characters that knew about it were my characters family and the other party members.
>>
>>45092356
>I played a pseudo-Greek version of Solid Snake. His preference was for other men, but aside from the odd off-hand comment it was never anything particularly explicit or elaborate.
So you played Big Boss? BB fucked everything from little girls to other men to I'm pretty sure he fucked a metal gear once, just because he could.
>>
>>45095478
Ignoring the sarcasm, I imagine finding out is different for every transperson, but my trans-man friend explained that when they dressed up as a guy for a con and got called "he" they just sorta... felt more comfortable. So, if/when our barbarian baby goes out into the world and inevitably gets called "she" by others, she might start to figure something's up and investigate further.
>>
>>45092133
I played magical burst once.

Technically the answer is still no.
>>
>>45095273
>How do we know that baby is trans, though? Sure, she may get raised as male by the barbarians but what if she identifies as female?

>Has a female body
>Identifies as female

Wouldn't she be trans if she *didn't* identify as female?
>>
Yes, I actually used it as an excuse to not have to be forced into the GMs romance. Just said, nah my guys gay and it put an end to the GM attempting to force romance arcs.
>>
It's hard to make a character a homo without it being a joke, simply for the sake of having a homo character or cause the player him/herself is a fruit or fag hag.
>>
>>45095653
That was kind of the point. The implication of the poster before me was that the baby would end up trans by default because they would be raised male, whereas my argument was that that wasn't an absolute certainty.
>>
>>45095685
Well being a son of man kind of overrides her gender. She's a man whatever she might have between her legs, at least according to her tribe.
>>
I guess so, but it was Eclipse Phase and I don't know if a guy coping with his and his wife's death in nanoswarm by making an idealized version of her (Remade sleeve) and living in her body while trying to "become her" and letting her personality to live on even though no fork of her existed counts as trans character .
>>
>>45092133
No because I try to roleplay characters, not shallow stereotypes with all the depth of cardboard and personality of a wet noodle
>>
>>45095119
Possibly the only time I've had my party get really emotional by quoting an alien dog from a kid's movie.
>>
>>45095731
Well, transpeople by default kinda give the middle finger to societal opinions...
>>
>>45095777
Well, he's certainly transhuman.
>>
>>45095777
Technically not trans, since he's assuming a persona rather than discoverign his true self. But probably close enough to count for most people.
>>
>>45094644
Hey it wasn't a carbon copy.

The race in question were Scorpion like who reproduced asexually and had no concept of gender. My character had been brought to a Lord's court as a curiosity and developed a fascination with the clothes of the women of the court and ended up identifying a woman over time.
>>
>>45095807
Again. It all depends how you even define "woman". If you take gender roles and clothing how you can truly be sure that you are deep down "the other one"? Because you like other pronouns more?
>>
>>45095978
I guess? I have no idea, I'm not trans myself. All I know is that its more than jsut wearing the "right" clothes and doing the "right" things.
>>
I played a bisexual magus, but he died before it became well known. Party had a Druid and a barbarian that were fraternal twins (female and male respectively) and he was interested in the Druid but hit on the barbarian a few times. That's about it.
>>
Current character is bi. Preveious character… well, he was an elf, in-setting they are more often than not pansexual, not that it came into play. Also once played an intersexual shaman in a homebrew antique setting oneshot.
>>
>>45096044
>intersexual
That's just gross.
>>
>>45092133
In warhammer Fantasy I once played an Estalian Fop who was a duelest.

His dark secret? not actually gay
>>
>>45092419
It's funny I'm a straight man but pretty much all my characters are bisexual
>>
File: BBS.jpg (22KB, 263x440px) Image search: [Google]
BBS.jpg
22KB, 263x440px
>>45095382
>you can do a brother-making ceremeony even now.
Yes, but we also got to look at the change of the use of the word. Frater Domestica and the Roman/Byzantine ideaology of what it meant are quite different.

>no kinky christian lesbianism involved.
As much as I love Nunsploitation movies, no one said anything about lesbians.

Unrelated, one of my favorite trashy nunsploitation films, "Sacred Flesh" was on Netflix a while back. If its still there, go watch it if its still up.

>>45095691
Oh, you delightful scamp!
>>
>>45092133
I played a bisexual uplifted and talking horse on a Shadowrun game, where I was the party shaman by worshiping the Great Eagle.
I dressed like a unicorn to impress the babes.
And my bisexualism didn't got in the way of the game in any possible way. So yeah. No magic realm. Until someone noted that I was looking like a My Little Ponny character. I had no idea what the fuck that was before playing Bill, the Horse. Now I know. The feels inside are horrifying.
>>
>>45092133
Yes. He was even an incubus/succubus.

His greatest love though performing arts and he went on to become an Elvis impersonator in Las Vegas.
>>
>>45092133
Was in a high level game playing a female summoner. We all had cohorts so the DM let me make my succubus summon my cohort instead of a summon. I slept with her every night.

never fucked her though. Was entirely innocent pg13 cuddling because my character had abandonment issues that led to her developing her summoning powers. She never had to worry that her summon would leave her forever.
>>
File: 1449709120293.jpg (49KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1449709120293.jpg
49KB, 960x960px
>>45096544
>Becoming a summoner so that you'll always have a friend when you need one

Adorable.
>>
>>45092133
Yes
>>
File: banshee_.png (30KB, 613x600px) Image search: [Google]
banshee_.png
30KB, 613x600px
>>45096596
Me too anon
>>
File: 1345676895926.gif (3MB, 241x265px) Image search: [Google]
1345676895926.gif
3MB, 241x265px
>>45096351
I actually started a /tg/ porn thread in /s/... I'll make a list there >>16461547

Just realized I havent updated it in a bit. some one bump it, and i'll dump more when I get home
>>
>>45096586
Yandere isn't adorable, anon. It's crazy.
>>
I played a knight who fell in love with another PC, who happened to be the prince he'd sworn service to. Prince was straight, and interested in another PC, so a lot of his attraction was generally expressed in his devotion to the prince while being unusually surly to the female PC the prince was trying to romance.

He eventually died on the battlefield protecting said prince from an undead army, causing him to become sanctified by the God of valor.

He died, but he ascended to minor god hood for his efforts.
>>
As DM I usually let the dice decide, and keep sexuality indistinct, fluid, and emergent through play. If a female character is trying to seduce or use feminine wiles on a male guard, and say that attempt is a critical failure, good chance is he's gay. A character trying to seduce a character of the same sex, the act of seduction on the player's account tells that their character is atleast attracted to the same sex, and if it's successfull there's a good chance their target is too. Elves in my campaigns are very effeminate, Dwarves very masculine, regardless of actual identity or sexuality.

As a player I do what interests me. I've played male characters whose bond of brotherhood or patronage extended to the romantic and even sexual. It wasn't a lable but something core to the character. I've also played a female character that was totally asexual, but used seduction as a tool, never really feeling anything from it. I've also played a trans half-elf, male to female, who followed a goddess of nature and envied flowers.
>>
>>45097075
>End got cut off.

The half-elf envied flowers because they were beautiful, and symbolically both sexes like herself, but she was rather manly in figure which she tried to hide with long robes and makeup, rather ashamed and uncomfortable in her body. She wanted to be like the flower.
>>
>>45092919
Yeah, playing Kult is pretty gay, that counts.
>>
I played wreaththu once but that's as magical realm as you get.
>>
I always thought it would be cool to play a female warrior who styles herself after knights even though women aren't allowed to be knights in that kingdom, and has a kind of courtly love for a higher ranking noblewoman who she can never be with.

She's 100% celibate, basically just doesn't think about sex because she's fighting monsters and because she's trying to live like what amounts to an Arthurian knight, and she never pursues romance because her heart already belongs to someone, even if they don't or can't reciprocate.
>>
>>45093236
Don't really see the problem, here.
>>
>>45097150
>tranny
>she
But that's wrong
>>
>>45093439

>bisexual
>half-elf

Man that's only a quarter gay if my math is right.
>>
>>45097325
Sounds like a super dumb and boring excuse for MUH LESBIAN ANGST scenes, and I say this as someone who loves the whole cliché of a fanboy/fangirl trying their hardest to be the thing they idolize and filling in the gaps as they go.
>>
>>45097372
I don't care about your opinion on gender politicis. That's how I played the character, as a female ashamed of her masculine body.
>>
>>45097469
I actually planned to keep it to a minimum and just keep it in mind in deciding how the character acted. She probably wouldn't even open up about it unless it was directly relevant.
>>
>>45097470
>That's how I played the character, as a female ashamed of her masculine body.
So, a paper thin cardboard cutout of a stereotype constantly whining about how they're CRAWLIIIIING IN MY SKIIIIIIN and a general shoehorning of politics where they don't belong?

Man, your group must have a lot of fun playing with you.
>>
>>45097505
>characters can never have internal conflict whatsoever, or if they do, you have to be REALLY careful it has nothing to do with anything that anyone finds controversial in real life
How does it feel to play with a bunch of children?
>>
>>45097397
I wish I could express the inflection I used; it was so offhanded that it caught the GM off guard.

He was my favorite character, to date. Just this easily bored boor of a man who secretly was rather clever in his own right, and loyal to a fault. He was also cursed/haunted, which was funny; it was the source of his barbarian powers.
>>
>>45097372
>getting upset over pronouns
>>
>>45097492
Yeah yeah, that's what they all say and then they gush about their SAD LESBIAN ANGST at the drop of a goddamn Crystal Castles album since you e invested too much character development in that venue
>>
>>45097505
Nope, a person whose faith is more true to them than the physical realm. They want to be more than what their physical form is.

It's quite clear you're not here to discuss anything, just piss all over everyone elses posts, and you're also likely responsible for many of the deleted posts earlier in the thread.
>>
>>45097534
>the only source of MATURE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT comes from SJW buzzwords and lecturing your group on things like fat acceptance via awkward, stilted strawmen characters
Lolokay
>>
>>45097574
>if you don't agree with me you're a troll
I see. What a compelling rebuttal
>>
>>45097594
Well, he's not wrong. How's that airplane mode treating you?
>>
>>45097594
No, if you're not willing to discuss things then you're a troll.

Piss all over everything isn't discussion, just makes you an idiot.
>>
>>45097647
But I am discussing things. You're the one shutting down all discussion to cry troll.
>>45097616
How's that willful ignorance treating you?
>>
>>45097743
>I am dicussing things.
Contrary to what you may think, insults and shitting over everything contrary to your opinion isn't a discussion. There is no meaningful discourse there. The internet is no excuse for lack of interpersonal skills anon.

Let's just cut to the chase here.

You can have your opinions, i'll have mine, i'll enjoy my games, you'll be upset because i'm having badwrongfun. The world will move forward until all is but ash and nothing ever done will mean anything.

Fair?
>>
>>45097346
Wasn't a problem, I just didnt see the point of making them women just for the sake of doing so.
>>
>>45097828
>you'll be upset because i'm having badwrongfun.
It seems to be the opposite. You're the one assblasted by my posts and trying to silence and shame anyone who dares disagree with your immaculate opinions-as-facts.
>>
>>45097888
The exact opposite actually. I'll reiterate what I said on my first reply to you.

I don't care about your opinion on gender politics.

It doesn't effect me or my games, I will continue to play as I always have and enjoy doing so.

This isn't even contempt for you, just total dismissal.
>>
I played a man trapped in a woman's body. It has yet to be weird but we've only been through a handful of sessions and I already have a lesbian slave .
>>
>>45097986
>I don't care about opposing opinions, so I try my hardest to shut them down
That's kinda what I said, yeah
>>
>>45098138
You didn't really present any.
>>
>>45098156
See, you're doing it again
>>
>>45098198
I'm not even that guy, just an outside observer. You haven't really said anything of substance.
>>
>>45098198
Also not that guy. Don't particularly care one way or the other, but you haven't said a damned thing aside from insulting the other anon. You're just a trolly little twat.

That said, >>45097986 IT'S AFFECT, YOU CUNT.
>>
>>45098364
I gave my opinion on why your precious little snowflakes are overdone and shallow stereotypes. Sorry that it #TRIGGERED you so hard that you autosaged the thread with your whining.
>>
I played a gay werewolf in Werewolf: the Forsaken once. It was actually kind of neat considering the pack held to the ideal of heterosexual coupling being the only acceptable way to mate since anything that didn't end in the possibility of offspring to be unnatural. He had a female mate and everything to convince people he was heterosexual but things eventually came out in the open when the group was targeted by an incubus and my character was the only male in the pack that was affected by his seduction. After the incubus was destroyed, they killed my character but lost support of our totem for unnecessary fratricide.
>>
>>45098442
>I gave my opinion on why your precious little snowflakes are overdone and shallow stereotypes
All I hear is namecalling, desu senpai.

I haven't even said anything about my characters in this thread, I'm usually a GM anyway.
>>
File: Bait.jpg (5KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
5KB, 224x225px
>>45098442
Don't know who >>45098475 is, but I'm >>45098364 and that was my first post in this thread.

Complaining about trigger-happy idiots and special snowflakes isn't going to make me angry.
>>
>>45098637
O just hate how pol fags like him win EVERY. FUCKING. TIME. and always get our threads autosaged or deleted.

What's so wrong with being progressive and not worshiping backwards 50's era sentiments?
>>
File: princessescortcampaign.png (1MB, 2046x393px) Image search: [Google]
princessescortcampaign.png
1MB, 2046x393px
>>45092133
Played? No.
GMed? Yes.
>>
>>45099613
>look ma I posted it again
Lady knights are such a shitty meme
Lesbian ones even more so
>>
>>45092419
This, basically.

Never done trans, but I've done bi and gay characters as well as straight.

Only comes up on the rare occasions that the GM has an NPC hit on me.
>>
>>45099828
I don't even remember lesbian ladyknights even being a meme before this campaign and its subsequent campaigns got mentions.
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.