[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the shittiest place, with the shittiest atmosphere,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: 1440140709665.jpg (33KB, 242x373px) Image search: [Google]
1440140709665.jpg
33KB, 242x373px
What's the shittiest place, with the shittiest atmosphere, you've ever visited during your campaigns?

Shitty on purpose, I mean
>>
>>44984301
The sewers of Khare
>>
A swamp that was a black dragon lair, and it had failures on the veil so magic was all fucked up.
The GM made all loot from the dragon stink so items were sold for half the selling price and face several smell related debuffs .
>>
Jacksonville, Florida.
>>
Abandoned military base in a no-man's land filled with failed super soldier experiments flesh golems made out of sewn together children. The group had to go there to assassinate a neo-nazi necromancer who had a really twisted sense of humor.
>>
>>44984445
I actually made a setting where Jacksonville was the center of evil.
>>
>>44984469
So Jacksonville Florida?
>>
>>44984445
>>44984478

Jacksonville native here. At least St. Augustine is kind of nice.
>>
>>44984541
What's up with Jacksonville, Florida?
>>
>>44984694
Seconded, I am french and what is this.
>>
File: 1453511568328.jpg (1MB, 969x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1453511568328.jpg
1MB, 969x1356px
>>44984445
>>44984478
>>44984541
It's honestly not that bad, just stay out of Downtown and you'll be fine.
>>
>>44984301
Once, our party found itself in a city where the our mirror images (ergo the party members, only evil) had become the kings of everything and killed everyone that didn't obey their tyrannical rule: lots of people hanging from ropes, rotting corpses and misery everywhere.

There wasn't much that could be shittier.
>>
>>44984704
The handle on that sword looks way too short.
>>
>>44984836
You're concerned about the handle and not the penis blade?
>>
Current year spain.
We had to find jobs
>>
>>44984445
>>44984478
>>44984691

Jacksonville transplant from Melbourne, FL. Y'all are retarded and don't know what you're missing, there are much worse places to be. For instance, Orlando.
>>
>>44985128
Nice try, demon. I'm not falling for your tricks
>>
The Barrens in Shadowrun, easily.
>>
>>44984301
Let me guess: Macro anal vore comic?
>>
>>44985162
Nah man, I been to Orlando for vacation and if you go anywhere that isn't the designated vacation areas, Orlando is like a demon shit hole the likes of which will drive you mad.

You think the stories about leaving resort areas in Mexico are bad? This is close to it. Only instead of getting shanked by drug cartels or crazed animal attacks and shit water, it's old people hopped up on bath salts and ready to shoot you if you say you don't like Donald Trump.
>>
File: a dull night in the hive.jpg (101KB, 575x625px) Image search: [Google]
a dull night in the hive.jpg
101KB, 575x625px
>>44984301
The Hive in Sigil.
>>
>>44985247
>the stories about leaving resort areas in Mexico
Where would I find some of these?
>>
>>44985321
Type in "caucasian attacked by cartel" into google. Not even joking.
>>
>>44984699
>>44984694
Literally hell on earth. From a distance its magic forces you to see a gleaming city (this effect is increased tenfold at night, sunglasses may be needed to prevent damaged retinas) that beckon you to come near. Worst is that they send agents out in a disinformation/recruitment campaign to entice the unwary. It is an ever worsening blight that can't currently be measured how far gone its gotten since they send back all investigatory agents as counteragents who must be euthanized from a safe distance.
>>
>>44984301
There was a plane where everyone lived in giant airships because the ground was covered by malevolent forests that tried to kill you with exploding pinecones and natural ballista bolts.

It was ruled by a paranoid demigod nutjob who scryed on pretty much everyone 24/7. 80% of the population was living on poverty standards and being taxed into oblivion. Nobody could actually do anything about it because aforementioned demigod was so entrenched, and had such a vastly ridiculous surveillance network that attempting to revolt was impossible. Everyone, bar not a single soul we met, was a cynical bastard who had long since given in to despair and was entirely willing to betray us if it meant surviving another week under the heel of King Asshole.

Then we found out that King Asshole was also vivisecting people who couldn't pay his ridiculous taxes in order to harvest their humanity and power himself up.

After about six months of utter fucking misery, we had screwed up enough that a Bad End was a guarantee (Who knew, trying to be the good guys in this world means you get fucked) and we were given the option to use an ancient device to reset the clock and piss off to a different plane to start over, we genuinely considered using it to open a portal to the plane of water and drown the entire world, because it just straight up wasn't worth saving.
>>
>>44984301
Markarth from Skyrim, the place is a hellhole full of complete assholes. Almost every character I've made has ended up hating the place and swearing to never visit it again.
>>
>>44985626
If you never visit again how can you come back with a rape and pillage army to sack it?
>>
>>44985732
>fucking anything in Markarth
You might as well chop it off yourself before the cockrot does it for you
>>
File: tumblr_nybz02anHW1u3ev8zo1_1280.jpg (633KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nybz02anHW1u3ev8zo1_1280.jpg
633KB, 1200x900px
>>44984445
>>44984478
>>44984541
>>44984694
>>44984704
>>44985128
>>
>>44984301
I'm from NJ, it's really not that bad
>>
>>44986812
North NJ is fine. Nice, even.
South NJ is one of the worst places in America.

It's basically because North NJ is rich and republican, and they pay the taxes to support the bottom 90% of the the state who happen to be lazy democrats.
>>
>>44985732
I already did that after breaking out of their stupid prison. I killed the douche mine owner and his guards, zombified them and had then kill everything I could find while I shot fireballs everywhere and stole anything not nailed down. It was extremely cathartic considering everything that town put me through.
>>
>>44986865
You do know that dems outweigh reps population-wise by a huge huge amount and that its now considered a firmly liberal state, has almost all of the northern population under democrat where as republicans that do exist are almost exclusively in south jersey, jersey shore is the only real place where theres an even split, you have the strictest gun laws as well, right? the only thing remotely republican about jersey is your governor.
>>
>>44984301
A knock-off of the Valley of Defilement, from Demon's Souls
>>
>>44985626
The first time I saw Markarth, I thought to myself 'Look at those towers! Look at the waterfalls! This place is gorgeous!'

At least Riften had the decency to look like a shithole.
>>
>>44984301
I'd have to say the slums of a LE city we traveled through once

Though your comic reminds me of the time our sorcerer talked a dragoness into anal and didn't account for the size difference
>>
For some reason, whenever our Call of Cthulhu party ends up in Scotland, things go ever worse than usual. No idea why, but shit just goes downhill fast.
>>
File: Penny Arcade - Scarytown.jpg (102KB, 750x376px) Image search: [Google]
Penny Arcade - Scarytown.jpg
102KB, 750x376px
obligatory
>>
>>44984301
If we're talking literally, then in WFRP2e;
Pigbarter, a town in the southern Dark Lands
Pig Shit. Everywhere.
>>
>>44985626
I remember after it was all over, I went to the Temple of Talos to clear my head.

The guards that arrested me were still there. I murdered the shit out of them. Fuck Markarth.
>>
File: 1380079174370.jpg (91KB, 1000x937px) Image search: [Google]
1380079174370.jpg
91KB, 1000x937px
> Party is chasing a rogue wizard who stole a necromantic artifact that made Blackrazor and the Cloak of the Undead King look like a dildo and a feather boa
> Wizard escapes by using the typical necromancer cult, fleeing in the traditional flying black skycastle while shitting out hordes of contractually obligated undead monsters
> Party catches up through wave after wave of bat skeletons, crash landing on the sky castle's landing pad
> Upon entering, find the sky castle had been at the bottom of the ocean
> Smells like rotting meat, bonemeal and tuna
> Worse yet, the rotting meat had formed a kind of necromorph creature and we had to go plodding around in its guts to find the artifact
> Everything is trapped
> Everything else is broken and doesn't work
> Everything that isn't a trap or a broken piece of shit is a monster
> Cleric's mind breaks when he tries to heal a civilian only to find that the civilian is undead, and the revenant gets horribly burned to death
> Have to fight our way through mobs of reanimated peasants who didn't know they were undead and didn't understand why they were being forced to fight us all the while

We had to cut through a Shadow Dragon and six heroic-tier wizards to get to the artifact. Just when we got our hands on it and saved the fucking kingdom, the whole cocksucking place collapsed around us.

I hated that fucking dungeon.
>>
File: Maiden_Astraea_Guide.jpg (547KB, 1280x1007px) Image search: [Google]
Maiden_Astraea_Guide.jpg
547KB, 1280x1007px
>>44988316
>Valley of Defilement
Did it also have a best girl?
>>
>>44989232
Ibdont remember the place being that bad maybe I should check it out again.
>>
File: 1420217055426.jpg (187KB, 1141x870px) Image search: [Google]
1420217055426.jpg
187KB, 1141x870px
>>
>>44984301
Not-India.
>>
Assholia.

Our ranger's backstory involves being the only one to crawl out of sphincter shaped canyon in generations.

He could only scream as he was press-ganged into acting as the guide for the poor dumb merchant caravan who spotted him.
>>
>>44992196

That animated series was absolutely the best thing to come out of the movie.
>>
>>44985128
As someone who lives in Orlando, this
>>
>>44994436
Now, now, can't we just agree that ALL of Florida is awful and be done with it?
>>
>>44984301
What's that picture from, OP? On this one MUD I play there's a type of FTL that rides through a rift between dimensions and causes visions for characters, and one of the visions is of the ship they're in riding through a digestive tract.
>>
>>44995059
>this one MUD I play

people still play MUDs?
>>
>>44995193
Sure, there's still a bunch that are running and populated with players. Most of them focus on hack and slash stuff, but there's a few that are focused mostly on role-playing.
>>
>>44986646
Man, this show hits me right in the feels.
Sure, Ash suffered in the movies but at least he got out of those situations. Seeing this show it becomes clear they left significantly deeper marks. He became the kind of person who fantasises about Jacksonville.
>>
>>44995811
Neato, any in particular that you may recommend? I'd like to give it a shot someday
>>
Moth.
Dwänholf is a close second.
But Dwänholf is just Anima's Golden Traingle with Not!Roanapur and Not!Raccoon City.
Moth is Every medieval-19th century folk myth incarnate, and it's capital is essentially Detroit Michigan with more demons.
>>
>>44984775
maybe Jacksonville, Florida
>>
>>44996015
The one I play the most is Star Conquest. It's a role-playing focused one, with a pulp sci-fi/space opera theme to it. http://squidsoft.net:7779/background
>>
>>44996311
Thanks senpai, I'll give it a shot.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.