[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rapture Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

File: Rapture.jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Rapture.jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
The date is August 11th 1955 and I wake up after my first splice thinking that was easily the dumbest thing I have ever done in my life. When your body is being twisted from the inside as your DNA is being rewritten you get time to think about your life choices.
But right you have to remember what your name was and hope to god that the ADAM didn't fuck up your brain.
(First quest if this gets no interest I will delete it.)
>>
>>44973895
You have my attention. Proceed.
>>
>>44973935
Well first we need to give this poor bastard a name.
>>
>>44973989

Madison Harper
>>
>>44973895
>>44974303
After a few minutes you remember your name. Your name is Madison Harper and you are an employee of Fontaine Futuristics. You work at the genetic research labs at Point Prometheus.
>>
>>44973895
Sue Green
male
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>44974500
Check our notes.
>>
>>44974557
This is my first quest cut me some slack.
>>
>>44974500
AYO HOL UP

Pretty sure FF didn't have any stake in Point Prometheus, that was Ryan territory.
>>
>>44974709
Here's a link to the wiki.
http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Fontaine_Futuristics_(Business)
>>
>>44974753
But that wiki is shit...

Either way I guess it isn't important to the quest itself.
>>
So the trick is, to exploit our out of game knowledge about how things will turn out in the future, and become rich and privileged off it.

So first things first, even though we work for FF, we should buy stocks of Ryan Industries and shorts against FF.

And stay away from Fontaine's Department store.
>>
>>44974892
Should we warn Rapture!Booker about what will happen to him in the department store as well?
>>
>>44974960
You mean Rapture Comstock? Why would we?
>>
>>44975068
The guy's suffered enough also leaving a kid to die kind of a dick move on Elizabeth's part.
>>
>>44975115
Ok let's try to make plans then to fuck Elizabeth over when she shows up. Maybe spread the word and gossip that she thinks Cohen is a hack when she comes to work for him.
>>
>>44975176
And how do we get Sally out of the department store?
Besides we have three years to prepare for that as the quest starts in 1955.
>>
>>44975234
Why are we caring about Sally when we've got bigger fish to fry? We're just trying to exploit Elizabeth when she arrives, maybe make a captive out of her and force her to do our bidding.

Either way, the bigger fish is getting rich and privileged. In three years we can do that, so what's our first step?

That we're working for FF already is a good step in the right direction.
>>
>>44975305
Start prepping our asses for when Ryan takes over and make ourselves useful but for right now we show maybe come up with the drinkable plasmids idea before Suchong does.
>>
>>44975400
The drinkable plasmids idea was terrible and wasteful though. In fact we can probably launch ourselves to prominence in the company just by knowing that beforehand and saving all the ADAM it will waste.
>>
>>44975440
We create the Radar Range.
The drinkable plasmid idea is a short term money making idea.
>>
>>44975517
The thing is though do we want Fontaine's ire when it's realized that it is hugely wasteful? Is the short term money worth that?
>>
>>44974511
MY NAME IS SUE, HOW DO YOU DO?
>>
>>44975614
When you put it that way no.
How about the Radar Range?
>>
>>44975671
That sounds like a good idea. What was another one, Peeping Tom? Yes, we can be the woman who invented Peeping Tom.
>>
>>44975727
Or man.
We could also be the guy who invented the Power to the People stations.
>>
>>44975809
Seconding this that's a more savory idea.

Plus we know that the Plasmid market was already mostly accounted for up to and during the civil war in Rapture, but the arms market suspiciously lacks information.

Therefore we can become Madison Harper, arms dealer magnate and Chairwoman of Harp Arms. Some would question our sanity at first, but we'll make an absolute killing when the war comes. Hell, we'll charge by the bullet for every shot fired!
>>
>>44975915
>Harp Arms

Harper, rather.
>>
>>44975915
We'll provide the weapons for the Big Daddies as well.
>>
>>44975991
Perfect. So it looks like we've got something of a long term plan in mind. Plus we'll be set when the war hits, sitting pretty in our own little arms manufactory fortress of Rapture when the war hits.

So the question is, how do we get there from where we are; a common employee and new splicee of Fontaine Futuristics? Maybe not right now, but in the future we could jump the gun and be the one to sell Frank out to Ryan's boys when the tipping point is reached.
>>
>>44976097
First we have to get off the floor that we have sleeping on since we injected our first plasmid the night before than we plan.
>>
>>44976174
Alright, up and to it. What's our work schedule, do we have to head in today?
>>
>>44974500
>>44976211
You start breakfast as you realize that you need to get to work and you feel a couple of ideas form in your head. The first of these ideas is guns that fires microwaves to cook food in minutes. The second idea is for a vending machine that provides weapon upgrades to it's customers.
>>
>>44976337
Very well, into work we go!

What is our job specification and department? I know we're stationed in the genetics wing of Point Prometheus, but are we an actual scientist? A secretary? Marketing?

Also do we know or have any friends in appliances or housewares of FF? Might be hard to pitch a microwave gun as a genetics employee.
>>
>>44976417
Marketing.
And yes we do.
>>
>>44976491
Ok, marketing is easier. What current projects are we involved with?

As for our friends, who do we think would be best to approach about an idea for a microwave gun? Probably so we don't run the risk of the idea being stolen, request to the right department that a microwave gun be constructed for genetic testing purposes, and then we can turn it around to household use.
>>
>>44976565
The telekinesis plasmid.
I would say to test the effectiveness of gene tonics that increase durability like Armored Shell.
>>
>>44976703
Alright. So for our current work, lets get a marketing campaign idea going. Maybe that you it can help with basic household chores like picking things up and setting them back. More importantly though it can really help with sports like catching balls thrown and shooting them away to pass to a teammate or score.

As for the testing, yeah, lets put in a request with the... I want to say appliances department for an exposed microwave emitter intended for genetic testing.
>>
>>44976337
>>44977010
You get to work and start work on the idea for the marketing campaign for the telekinesis plasmid and how it should be sold to the general public.
While on your lunch break you file a request with the appliances department for a microwave emitter to test the effectiveness of the Armored Shell gene tonic.
>>
>>44977126
Perfect. Who are we sitting with at lunch and what seems to be the general gossip?

Also which plasmid did we shoot up with?
>>
>>44977126
>>44977201
You are sitting alone eating your lunch of leftover dinner and a sandwich when you happen to listen in on your fellow employees discuss the opening of Fontaine's Department store.
You also realize that you have no idea what plasmid you injected yourself with. You decide to test it out.
[] Electro Bolt
[] Winter Blast
[] Incinerate!
>>
>>44977359
I think electro bolt probably has more useful applications to us.
>>
>>44977508
Than vote for it.
>>
>>44977560

[x] Electro Bolt
>>
File: Electro_Bolt.png (102KB, 340x400px) Image search: [Google]
Electro_Bolt.png
102KB, 340x400px
>>44977359
>>44977726
You test out your plasmid and see sparks of electricity come out of your hands. You focus the electricity and see bright blue currents surge through the veins of your left hand.
>>
>>44978105
Neato. Now let's see what all the fuss is about this new department store.
>>
>>44978555
I am going to need more anons for the quest call out to them.
>>
>>44978629
Is it a multi-player sort of thing? Either way, calling out to anons.
>>
>>44978716
No I just need more than one voter for this thing.
>>
>>44978738
Shit.
>>
>>44978891
Besides it's 1 am on the east coast and I have to sleep so I will continue tomorrow.
>>
>>44978912
O-Okay...
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.