[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flames of War: Alternate Gun Team Figures edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 258
Thread images: 44

File: 1440880621747.jpg (353KB, 552x507px) Image search: [Google]
1440880621747.jpg
353KB, 552x507px
well, there that went...

Flames of War SCANS database (Great War and Berlin soon):
http://www.mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms
---Includes our Late War Leviathan rules!
Official Flames of War Free Briefings:
http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108

Current /tg/ fan projects - Noob Guide &FAQ, and a Podcast
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw
Quick Guide on all present FOW Books:
http://www.wargames-romania.ro/wordpress/wargames/flames-of-war/flames-of-war-starting-player-guide-the-books/

Archive of all known Panzer Tracts PDFs: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/nyvobnlg12hoz/Panzer_Tracts

WWII Osprey's, Other Wargames, and Reference Books
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
and, for Vietnam.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War

--Guybrarian Notes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw/edit?usp=sharing

http://www.400gb.com/u/1883935

Panzerfunk, the /fowg/ podcast.
http://panzerfunk.podbean.com/

https://vimeo.com/128373915

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Briefings/CariusNarva.pdf

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1949 the Azul Division: no longer linkable off the main page

Which army do you play the most?
http://strawpoll.me/4631475

what actual country are you from?
http://strawpoll.me/4896764
>>
Do we have an ETA for the newest scans? these digital versions are nice to have in conjunction with my physical books
>>
>>44970982
that is Photoscanfag, and he's been out of threads for a bit....
>>
Why's the Tiger 40" range but the Panther's 32"?
>>
Unrelated questions:

What manufacturer is suggested for 6mm Team Yankee?

What's the best way to use German Pioneer Platoons for Recce?
>>
If I wanted to spam infantry guns, what list is ideal?

Ideally german or brit.
>>
>>44972628
>What's the best way to use German Pioneer Platoons for Recce?

Since they lack the Recce special rule, you don't.
>>
>>44972899
Only the Germans get infantry guns, and 99%of lists only get two, max.

I think there's 1 MW list that gets 3.
>>
>>44972981
Sorry; was imprecise. I mean towed/man-packed/etc guns used by infantry.
>>
>>44972981
Actually, the soviets get some, but they're indistinguishable from their light artillery. And noone takes them because you can almost always get 45mm AT guns in the same slot and they're miles more useful.
>>
>>44973066
Every nation gets towed artillery.

British and Americans get, the best by far, soviets get it in quantity but it's kinda shit for the price, and the German stuff... Isn't bad, but there are so many better options for them like nebs, it's not funny.
>>
>>44973159
Yeah, I was looking for spam lists. It was mostly a gimmick idea anyway.
>>
>>44973719
While American Arty Parks are infamous, even they tend to need a full combined-arms spread with infantry and Armour.

There's not much that will let you spam artillery in the extreme, and the ones that do tend to be prohibitively expensive in normal games. Ref. Red God of War, any BBB list that has Sonnenstuhl in it, etc.
>>
File: SUMMERY.jpg (299KB, 740x1000px)
SUMMERY.jpg
299KB, 740x1000px
a quick summery for the 1750 points FoaN game played in Saturday...
the fight was won, but little Hakkim's father would not return to his boy...
>>
>>44975540
>little Hakkim's father would not return to his boy...

And nothing of value was lost.
>>
which book should I get for a north africa themed game? North Africa or Hellfire?
>>
>>44970184
any word on digital version of Team Yankee? i know the scan is up there but some of it is hard to read
>>
>>44976474
North africa for mid war - 2nd el alamein to tunisia.

Hellfire and back for EW - everything proor to that
>>
>>44973066
Romania.
>9 light AT guns
>6 heavy AT guns
>6 heavy mortars
>12 howitzers
>every company can have mortars and HMGs
>etc
You can make an army that doesn't fit in your deployment zone in the weirder missions. By accident.
>>
allahu ackbar!
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 600x600px)
image.jpg
75KB, 600x600px
I just thought I'd post up a notice for people.

For those of you who might not know, the East Coast of the US is getting hammered by some major snowfall.

This will more than likely slow down orders from The War Store.

If I'm buried in 18-24 inches of snow on western Long Island, they're probably buried in 24-30 inches of snow on the eastern end of Long Island.
>>
>>44978386
well in that case you just need to go out and play in the snow.. imagine youre in the eastern front and russians are coming for you
>>
>>44972628
GHQ has really nice detail but a bit more expensive than the competition
>>
>>44972899
78 Sturmdivision can take ALL the pak 40's
>>
>>44975540
>lost on morale
>5 tanks and 4 jeeps

>meanwhile the victor lost 31
>>
>>44981074

Reposting my Sturmkompanie list from the last thread:

HQ: 2 SMG/Faust Cmd teams, 2 Schreck
Platoon: SMG/Faust Cmd, 6 MG
Platoon: SMG/Faust Cmd, 6 MG
Heavy Platoon: SMG Command, 2 HMG, 2 8cm GW34 mortar
AT Gun Platoon: SMG Command, 2 PaK 40
Heavy AT Gun Platoon: SMG Command, 3 PaK 40
Heavy AT Gun Platoon: SMG Command, 3 PaK 40
Tank Hunter Platoon: 4 Marder III M
Heavy Mortar Platoon: SMG Cmd, 4 12cm sGW 43
Rocket Launcher Platoon: SMG Cmd, 4 15cm NW41, 5cm PaK 38
Air Support: HS129 B3

Total: 1750 points. 13 PaK 40s (one of which mounted on a plane)
>>
File: CBT15.jpg (896KB, 1202x805px) Image search: [Google]
CBT15.jpg
896KB, 1202x805px
US Infantryman vs German Infantryman: European Theater of Operations 1944 (Osprey CBT 015)

The Allied airborne and amphibious landings in Normandy on D-Day opened up the long-awaited Second Front against Nazi Germany, but after overcoming the German coastal defences at Utah and ‘Bloody Omaha,' the US Army found itself having to contest every hedgerow and street in a nightmarish battle of attrition. It was the humble infantrymen of both sides who would play a vital role in taking and holding key objectives, from the close-quarters warfare around the key French port of Cherbourg in June 1944 to the struggle for Übach-Palenberg during the Allies' initial thrust into Germany in October and the savage cold-weather fighting of the Germans' Ardennes counter-offensive that December. Featuring full-colour artwork, specially drawn maps, and archive photographs, this study offers key insights into the tactics, leadership, combat performance, and subsequent reputations of six representative US and German infantry battalions pitched into three pivotal actions that determined the course of the campaign for mastery in Western Europe at the height of World War II.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ril6e9nakq164qo/Osprey+-+CBT+015+-+US+Infantryman+vs+German+Infantryman+1944.pdf
>>
>>44982762
Nice. Much appreciated.
>>
File: carnation.jpg (141KB, 960x525px) Image search: [Google]
carnation.jpg
141KB, 960x525px
zvezda's carnation
>>
>>44985023
Yeah; they're pretty sweet models.
>>
>>44985023
>>44986354

Honestly, they look a little... flat to me. Do they come with any stowage or anything to liven them up a little?
>>
>>44986366
Alas no, but they do come with a full decal sheet. They're better after a wash, too; that's just green plastic.
>>
>>44985023
wait...BMP chasis?
>>
>>44987926
Elevated PT-76, actually.
>>
File: IMG_6601.jpg (63KB, 650x506px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6601.jpg
63KB, 650x506px
>>
How do you guys base your teams? I'm snowed in on the east coast so I can't go out and get what I need to base my infantry, but I want to get something done. I usually use some spackle, but I've run out, so I'm looking for alternate methods
>>
>>44990228
Some grit, drybrush it colours, chuck some flock somewhere.
>>
>>44990228
>I'm snowed in on the east coast

Ugh, same here.

Four fucking hours of blowing snow and shoveling out.

>I usually use some spackle, but I've run out, so I'm looking for alternate methods

I tend to stick to spackle myself.
>>
File: zzzzziing.jpg (65KB, 736x893px) Image search: [Google]
zzzzziing.jpg
65KB, 736x893px
Dicker Max!
>>
>Finally get to join in on a panzerfunk recording again
>internet goes to fuck because some dumbass is streaming game of thrones or some shit

I cannot catch a fucking break I swear.
>>
>>44992898
Yeah, you were breaking up hard core.

Bartosz and I might be online later yet recording an Eagles Nest episode if you want to try to join in on that.
>>
File: Forces.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Forces.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I wan t to try an American light tank force and I want to try to and use M24s.

Here is a first attempt at a 1900 point list.
>>
I'm brand new to the game and I am interested in making a late war Berlin defense German army. I do not know much about the game but I have the rulebook and Berlin sourcebook on their way in the mail. Would it be possible to buy an army ~1200 points with around 100 dollars or is that asking too much?
>>
>>44994169
Dunno about berlin particularly but low-cost armies are definitely possible, especially with other manufacturers taken into account (WW2 isn't copyrighted, so battlefront's stuff isn't the only stuff out there. Plastic Soldier Company are the probably one of the cheapest options).
>>
>>44994264
I was also toying with the idea of doing a Totenkopf panzer army. I saw that PSC came out with an army in the box (http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/lawargepaarp.html) but it seems kind of all over the place.
>>
>>44994379

It's not *that* all over the place. For a Tank Company list, you'll need two tanks for the HQ, a platoon equipped with the same type of tank, and another tank platoon as a minimum. The 6x Panzer IV and 4x Panther achieve this. The Panzergrenadiers and 2x Tigers are nice support choices (even if Tigers are a little overcosted, IMHO), and all you'll really need to round things out are some recce and some artillery; I'd personally recommend Panzerwerfers if you're going all Tank.
>>
What do you guys use for painting up bases? I don't seem to have a colour that quite does a decent earthy tone.
>>
>>44994770

I use Vallejo 'Flat Earth'. It's quite an orange-ish brown, but it works for a slightly iron rich soil.
>>
>>44994770
I tend to go with Vallejo Flat Brown for a nice deep brown color, and then drybrush a lighter shade of brown over it.
>>
File: 1428008010052.jpg (131KB, 739x360px)
1428008010052.jpg
131KB, 739x360px
>>44993413
that is very nice...

would play against w my Puma Swarm

epic battles would ensue

>>44994379
battlegroup has different requirements than FoW organization...even in their letter armor system is a veiled attempt at copying FoW....
>>
what is a fun unusual army to play against germans?

do most people play late war?

how varied can I make a Canadian or Polish free company?

If I do Polish will people make fun of me because I don't know how to speak polish?
>>
>>44997826
>what is a fun unusual army to play against germans?

Veteran soviet pioneers.

> do most people play late war?

Generally yes, might be different at your local.

> how varied can I make a Canadian or Polish free company?

Polish are in Road to Rome, Canadians are in RTR and Market Garden. They're basically British lists with variant special rules.

> If I do Polish will people make fun of me because I don't know how to speak polish?

Probably not but you could always just google voice pacerny if you're worried about it.
>>
File: KURWA.jpg (101KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
KURWA.jpg
101KB, 200x200px
>>44997826
by Polish Free Company do you mean the AK?

(red bear)
>>
File: meanwhile.jpg (258KB, 690x514px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile.jpg
258KB, 690x514px
btw:

as requested during the podcast recording:

>pic related
>>
>>44999740
link podcast pls
>>
>>44999870
I still need to edit it.

I will post up the link when it is ready. But that will probably be a few days.
>>
>>44999870
the site link is in the pasta.

however, Panzerfunk was just recorded.
>>
>>45000893
Like literally six hours ago. And there's three hours of raw audio that has to be picked through and then edited to acceptable standards by Eagles who wasn't an expert at Audio editing.
>>
>>44997826
>If I do Polish will people make fun of me because I don't know how to speak polish?
All you need to know is to yell "KURWA!"at random intervals, and you'll pass for polish.
>>
>>44989374
>>44987926
Actually MT-LBs, which is different from the PT-76.
>>
>>45001085
>and then edited to acceptable standards by Eagles who wasn't an expert at Audio editing.

Considering I had to learn by trial and error, I'd say in doing a pretty good job.

And it's not like anyone else has volunteered to do it.
>>
>>44998822
I looked this up having almost no solid knowledge of the game and see that that army is 100% engineer infantry w/ transports? Is that even usuable?
>>
>>44995788
>That pic

>And then there's this schweinhund!
>>
>>45001666
>Is that even usuable?
Pioneer Companies are indeed quite viable, especially veteran ones.
>>
File: Forces(2).pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Forces(2).pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>45001666
If you're talking about the Veteran one in the Berlin exclusive list, the tanks may as well not exist. They're all 4 max (most only 3) and are trained at best, which is not good when you have very little to convince enemy tanks to not shoot at them.

I feel it will work best when you say fuck tanks and just take infantry and guns to dig in like a tick. Here's what I'm considering building to for example. It aint perfect by a long shot but it will be a nightmare for a tank company to attack and I feel it has a good chance at attacking an infantry company (which they auto attack against)
>>
>>45002188
That actually looks pretty good, DESU.
>>
>>45002188
>1850pts

It's not often that I can take a look at a list and say "Wow, my Armoured Pioniers are going to outnumber those guys no problem".
>>
>>45004088
You have an armored Pioneer list that outnumbers 37 stands of infantry, most of which are FV, not counting the gun and mortar teams?
>>
>>45004563
Ah, Didn't see the Strelk battalion. That puts it under, yeah.
>>
I've been at Cancon the last few days. Has some goddamn hero already told you guys what's in Gung Ho and Banzai?
>>
>>44990228
>I'm snowed in on the east coast
you best make some sweet snow bases then
>>
>>45005252
>>45005252
No. Please do tell.

Separate period? MW? LW? How much is veteran? Trained? Conscript?
>>
>>45005291

Everything in the book has Pw costs... and LW costs. Yes, that means LW Japanese. And Marines. 2 FV PW Shermans are about 1000 points, by way of reference. There are Zippos.

The Marines are FV. They have mission tactics, and british bulldog.

The Japanese have FV troops, and CT troops. Interestingly, and the designers have explicitly stated this, is that the confident isn't representative of fighting spirit as such, not that morale is exactly a thing the Japanese have to worry about much anyway, but it represents discipline. The CT newly trained troops are more likely to fall back on charges and warrior spirit rather than more sophisticated tactics. Pretty historical, from what I remember. Anyway, they're more likely to fail morale and go berserk.

The Japanese are basically indentical to their EW incarnation. Nikuhaku teams are now TA 5. They have a fortified Japanese list. They also have a bunch of SPG dealies. A bunker buster one, and a bunch of smaller ones with assorted guns. Nothing that good, but it'll do. They're very cheap, even if the platoon sizes are small. They have captured M3 75mm GMCs as well. They have a sort of 88 style AT 10 gun, that be bought along with gun pits, and they get recon platoons, finally. No cavalry. And yes, you can field Sensha companies. At LW costs, they're very cheap, for a LOT of tanks. A few upgraded tanks as well. One of them actually has a co-ax MG, and AT 8. Nippon steel stronk.

Marines are great. They have weapons platoons that have flamethrower attachments, and they have wardog platoons that can get farmed out. They're basically recon teams, 2 guys and a dog, that have a 10 inch bubble rather than 8 inch.

There's canister shot for the Stuarts as well. Both lists also get the rather interesting addition of Sea/Land support. Carrier Group/Carrier/Destroyer Flotilla for 7/5/3 intercept dice. Those dice can also be used to disrupt naval gunfire support. The carrier scaring off the ships, kind of deal.
>>
>>45005468
Well this is a thing.
>Pw costs... and LW costs
That's an elegant solution, I can approve.

What about Shotguns for US Marines? Are those in? Naval Gunfire-Does basically every list get it?

>canister shot for the Stuarts
Oh my. It's illegal to be this lewd on the internet.
>>
>>45005517

IIRC only the Marine list got it, not the Japanese. But they did get air support. Zeros with bombs and 50 cals.

Americans got corsairs, though. MGs, AT 5 bombs, and they have options for close air support, rockets, and in a WW2 FoW first, Napalm. Same rules as Vietnam. Canister Shot was the same as Vietnam as well, IIRC.

Oh yeah, and Japanese could take anti tank rifles in their weapons platoons. Basically Lahtis, IIRC. TA 5 Niku's are going to be hell, though.

No shotguns for the Marines from what I saw.

They DO have the BAR teams rule. Basically, they're ROF2, and can be ROF2 on the move, at +1 to hit. They don't have the mobile firepower of SMGs, or the sitting firepower of MG teams, but they've got their upsides.

There's also CT Seebees options, and regular army platoon support options. There was also some sort of ambibious APC that I can't recall for the life of me.

Lots of beach landing scenarios as well. I do remember that company morale wasn't a thing in them. You're on this beach, nobody's leaving, And the defender only got air support on a 6, IIRC. Naval invasions tended to involve heavy air support.
>>
Oh, and supposedly they've unfucked their production lines. The new factory is apparently capable of double the production levels.

Oh, and if any of you have played/seen Flames in the Sky, he's going to be doing a kickstarter soon. From The Man That Fixed Rust. Played a few games today. Really fun system, better than the other's I've seen.
>>
>>45005468
>Pw costs
Panzerwerfer?
Peam Wankee?
I'm terrible with acronyms, what does Pw stand for?
>>
>>45005791
never mind, I just got it: Pacific War, right
>>
>>45005468
>>45005637
I find myself being oddly interrested in this, at least from a gaming perspective. I will definetely have to look it through once I get an opportunity.

Out of curiosity, what kind of Shermans are available? I would assume your average M4A2, but any other?
>>
>>45005871
>Out of curiosity, what kind of Shermans are available? I would assume your average M4A2, but any other?
Some sexy M4A3R3 action would be cool
TIME FOR FRIED RICE
>>
>>45005892
He did say Zippos
>>
>>45005871
>>45005892

You could take platoons of up to 5 Zippos. There was also an option to take 105mm Shermans. IIRC they could be mixed together in various proportions. PW period had some fairly staunch limits, though. Tanks were very expensive. Sherman platoons capped out at 2 tanks for about 1k, for instance.
>>
>>45005637
>and in a WW2 FoW first, Napalm.

HAH! I KNEW IT
>>
>Pacific War Info

Damn, it would have been nice to know about this stuff yesterday while we were recording Panzerfunk...>>45005672
>Oh, and supposedly they've unfucked their production lines. The new factory is apparently capable of double the production levels.

So does that mean the move is already complete? They talked about it in the State of the Union as if it was something that was still ongoing.

>Oh, and if any of you have played/seen Flames in the Sky, he's going to be doing a kickstarter soon.

I want to be excited about this, but Battlefront has had some difficulties in the past with Kickstarter campaigns.

Although that might have been more of a problem with their partners at Dust Studios.
>>
>>45006182

They'd talked about it delaying things while the transition happened, so if it hasn't already been finished, it will be very soon.
>flames in the sky
Thing is, I'm pretty certain the guy's utterly unaffiliated with Battlefront. He just made a ruleset that had a very FoW feel to it. Also, their font, and terms like motivation, skill, firepower, saves, etc.

He's apparently already made arrangements for manufacturing and distribution. It sounded like it was really just a case of figuring out how the campaign and marketing and general pacing would work. He had a bunch of sets of figures, stands, stat dials, etc, and he's had those since last year, so I assume he's just putting the finishing touches on things. The first run would probably be unpainted stuff, but if it did well the second kickstarter would move fully to fully pre-painted figures, and an expanded range.
>>
>>45006500
>pretty certain the guy's utterly unaffiliated with Battlefront
Flames in the Sky is developed by Phil Yates, whose name you might spot if you open a FoW rulebook.
Not exactly unaffiliated, I'd say.

Still, I understand his decision to go with a KS for this: it's extremely unclear how big the market for something like this would be and a Kickstarter offers an extremely flexible way to determine an initial production setup.
If it's decently priced, I'm probably going to buy into that kickstarter. I'm really interested in WW2 air combat.
>>
>>45006796
I'm going to fuck a horse.
>>
>>45006500
I was more commenting on the while Battlefront/Dust Kickstarter fiasco.

It's still not quite clear wether it was Battlefront or Dust that screwed the pooch on that one.

Although to be fair, that seems to be the outlier. All the other things I've been interested in in Kickstarter and IndieGoGo have happened.

The other big crowdfunding flop I know of was a local sci-fi con that fell flat on it's face, but that was a pipe dream anyway.
>>
>>45006796
>Not exactly unaffiliated, I'd say.
Sure, but it won't be a BF product, is my point.
>kickstarter
Yeah, and it kills the cashflow issues small producers have to deal with.

>>45006963
And to be fair, the BF/Dust thing was fairly multifarious, including historical buisness not adequately resolved. Financial baggage, in other words.
>>
What's Flames In The Sky? A FoW dogfighting game or is it going to be huge-scale?
>>
>>45007826
WW2 dogfighting game.

I don't think there's been much published about it so far, since it's mostly a private project of Phil's.

Judging by the pictures from CanCon, it's using a similar model scale to FoW (probably 1/144 aircraft) and will support 8-10 aircraft on the tabletop.
>>
>>45007826

FoW esque dogfighting game. It scales fairly neatly. Like, between 1 and say, 6 fighters a side, although it looked like there were rules for bombers, etc.

Pretty neat design actually. Every plane/pilot has a sort of board thing they have in front of the player. It tracks everything, almost like a set of steam guages. Shows the turn sequence and actions you can take, and the speed and action point costs of each (varies between planes), and the weapons, firepower and to hit mods of each. Bases have base target numbers depending on aspect, and a spot for a morale marker.

You've got a speed dial and an actions dial. 3 dice at the start of each turn, skill checks on each to gain extra actions. So between 2 and 5, usually. Everyone gains some speed by default at the start of each turn, provided they're not over their blue marker on their speed dial. If they are, they lose speed (depending on airframe) each turn until they are. Can't accelerate past the blue marker, only gain that much speed by diving.

There's a series of manuver phases at the bottom of the action screen. At the end of each one, you have the option to spend an action to shoot. Some manuvers prohibit shooting. All the other manuvers have an action point cost, and a speed cost. So typically your speed is going up and down, and you're spending your smash to gain and lose altitude, reorientate your craft, and spending actions to fire, manuver, etc. Shooting was fairly simple. No mod to 6 inches, -1 to 12, -2 to 18. Hit on 3+ from behind, 4+ from in front, and 5+ from the side. Each gun on the aircraft has it's own firepower and to hit rating. Just one shot per gun, ROF and ammo is included in the to hit. Every airframe has a save as well. 109s having a 5+, stuff like P40s and lightnings having a 3s and 4s. Every hit you save, you gain a fright marker. Roll a dice for each one, motivation check to get rid of it, start of each turn.
>>
>>45007826
Not sure about the scale, but it is an aerial combat game designed by Phil Yates.

There was a playable alpha version of the game at FlamesCon a few years back.

People enjoyed it a lot from what I've heard about it.

I guess he's been working on it on the back burner since then and is getting ready to bring it out as a full game via Kickstarter.
>>
Working on some Berlin-era Soviet infantry right now.

How many Panzerfaust SMG teams should I put together?
I'm thinking 6 at a minimum, but I'm considering going to 8.
>>
Well, it doesn't sound bad, but it'll be competing with X-Wing... I expect it'll have an uphill battle.
>>
>>45008052

Yeah, it's not even in the same ballpark. X-Wing's casualbait, and it's got a far more popular IP. The upgrade/personalities/sheer volume of ships factor helps it a lot as well.
>>
>>45005799
is pacific war mid-war for the pacific?

>>45006139
yep, first used at Okinawa.

>>45006891
>>45007975

>flames in the sky

....me too.

>>45008081
X-wing is running out of IP ships to make, and the new IP isn't coming out fast enough...
>>
>>45008415

Yeah, but also later. You can do Iwo Jimo with it, for instance.

>horsefucking
I have no idea what this is meant to parse into.
>>
>>45008081
X-wing may be casual-bait, but it's also the biggest thing out there at the moment.

There was a time where everyone played 40K?

Now it's the time when everyone plays X-Wing.

And the thing is, it's a solid but simple rule set that plays fast.

And any other dogfighting game will be compared to X-Wing.

That being said, Falmes in the Sky has the potential to be a great game. As long as it's also a solid fast-playing rule set.
>>
>>45009554
>Falmes in the Sky
OhEagles.jpg
>>
>>45009554
>but it's also the biggest thing out there at the moment.
Exactly. It's got mass market appeal from the IP, the rules are simple, and the packaging of it makes it very easy to get into. Like I said, casualbait. It's very well structured for making a big splash, and I don't expect Fames in the Sky to really make any sort of dent in that. It's just not structured that way. WW2 dogfights just aren't that popular, and WW2 aircraft can't be gutted and remade the way Star Wars spacefighters tend to be. You just can't have things like cloaking devices, or extra targeting computers, or ion cannon varieties on WW2 planes. Maybe there's room for pilot skills, but a historical can't come close to a sci-fi game for customisation.
>>
>>45009938
Oh, shut up Virus...

>>45010011
Yeah, I agree in almost all points.

I'm sure it'll be a good game, but I doubt it'll take off the same way X-wing did.

Hell, even other Star Wars games (I'm looking at you Armada) haven't taken off the same way X-wing did.
>>
>>45010011
One of the reasons it's "casualbait" though is because it's a non-complex and quick-to-play game. It's easy to get into, sure, but you'll also appreciate not needing a 300 page rulebook and the ability to play 3-4 games in a 2 hour game slot if you're a veteran.
>>
>>45010297
That's because armada is fucking expensive compared to a £25 box.
>>
>>45010297
>>45010590
Well that was always the problem with Armada I felt, it's high ass price. I mean with X-Wing you could invest and it wasn't that much if you didn't like it. You'd have to be damn sure you liked the gameplay first with it.
>>
We're getting a bit off topic here.

What would people want to see in a Flames in the Sky starter set?

I think the iconic choices to go with would probably be something based on the Battle of Britain.

Either that, or something like the Battle of Midway.
>>
>>45011322
Some combination of Spitfire, Hurricane and Messerschmitt(s), possibly with a He111 or Ju88 if bombers are included (thus also providing a bomber model for those FoW armies that can choose such as air support).

Battle fo Britain sounds about right, being the most iconic and all.
>>
File: mITKTFA.gif (976KB, 300x168px)
mITKTFA.gif
976KB, 300x168px
>>45005468
Music to my fucking ears, devil dogs and nips rejoice.
>>
File: dog.png (567KB, 740x611px)
dog.png
567KB, 740x611px
I hope Battlefront does an Iwo table to show off their new swag.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 588x458px)
image.jpg
46KB, 588x458px
>>45013547
Maybe a special objective marker for the flag raisers.
>>
>>45011322

Personally, I'd love to see Night Fighters. Stuff like the Mosquito NF, BF 110, and P-61 at first, maybe branching out into minor nations later.

I agree that EW (BoB) is definitely iconic, but a LW highly objective-based game (escort the bombers, reconnaissance, etc) would allow them to bring in some well known models. Because not having someone's favourite plane e.g. the Mustang would lead to much whining.
>>
>>45014736
I'm wondering how Mid War Monsters they're prepared to go on this. Like the Do 335, Meteor jet fighters, Yak-9P etc.
>>
>>45014857

I'd like to see them go as far as solid prototypes, so the Horten/Gotha 229 would be in, but not full Crimson Skies craziness.
>>
Me and a buddy are just starting to play, he's making Afrika Corps Germans and I'm doing British 8th Army, what are some good units to take? I'm using the North Africa book.
>>
>>45016509
Shermans are actually pretty good in mid.
>>
File: 8tharmysurrendering.jpg (21KB, 511x292px) Image search: [Google]
8tharmysurrendering.jpg
21KB, 511x292px
>>45016509
Matildas, surely.
>>
>>45016509
In all seriousness though, I'm recently starting Africa too. As the Germans though. Be sure to tell us how that goes!
>>
File: f4u_corsair_usmc.jpg (96KB, 900x704px) Image search: [Google]
f4u_corsair_usmc.jpg
96KB, 900x704px
>>45011322
>I AM MORALLY OBLIGED TO ANSWER

the starter set will likely have a Bf109/FW-190 vs a Tomahawk and a P-38J.
or a SpitFire

woud LOVE a pacific version w 2 Zero's and a F6F.

what would i want in my collection? fuck...

F4U corsair, preferable the laden-down ass-kicker variant. Hell, all variants, plz.
P-38j
P-40 in Taiwan AVG scheme
P-39
P-51d
B-25H
a literal flight of Zero's
a few Shinden kai
a few Hien
a Shoki...
....maybe a few western front things

if they went MWM, i'd have to ask for a specific late war Leviathan there....

F7F-3 Tigercat .... look the fucker up. it's too good to be true, and too heavy to carrier.
this and the Corsair are muh waifus since childhood....
>>
>>45020000
>this and the Corsair are muh waifus since childhood....

Special Character idea:

Gregory "Pappy" Boyington. 26 aerial victories, tying him with WWI fighter ace Eddie Rickenbacker.
>>
File: 1414047921494.jpg (343KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1414047921494.jpg
343KB, 1000x1200px
>>45005468
also:
>japanese SPG dealies

half of which are illustrated here....
>>
File: 1451605017346.png (1MB, 1000x789px) Image search: [Google]
1451605017346.png
1MB, 1000x789px
post weeaboo
>>
>>45021272
>half a dozen guys with rifles on a railway cart
>Japanese "tank"
>>
>>45021355
>no crew protection or real plating
>main weapon uses rifle caliber

also a good sign
>>
>>45014857

Well, bottom line, considering the basic locus of the game is on a single fighter, it'll be very, very easy to expand. And there -is- a points cost mechanism (the basic planes i saw were all 3 points), so that makes me think that if it goes, that kinda thing'll be there. The guy had Thunderbolts and Mustang figures and cards, I know that much, along with Lightnings, Hurricanes, Spitfires, 109s, 190s, and P-40s, that I saw.

>>45016509
25 pounders are always helpful. HMGs likewise. Matildas and Lees are great. A trio of universal carriers'll see heavy use as well, for recon.
>>
>>45021272
>still better protection than actual Jap tank

At least these guys won't be killed by spalling from machine gun fire and can just jump away
>>
>>45011322
obviously BoB would be the idea set, but I'd love a PW to include muh planefu the Beaufighter Mk X
>>
>>45020329
those sure are some RIVETING SPGs
>>
File: 20160126_153510_HDR-picsay.jpg (108KB, 1024x526px) Image search: [Google]
20160126_153510_HDR-picsay.jpg
108KB, 1024x526px
Zvezda zsu-23-4s
>>
>>45023514
Noice
>>
Just went halvsies with my brother on the two player set and have wound up with ze germans. What are some ok to good purchases to bulk this out? I will be buying snipers regardless, however what are some good tanks and infantry? It doesnt have to be the most broken unit, as we will just be playing for funsies mostly. Cheers.
>>
>>45024303

Nebelwerfers, more PaK 40s, HMGs, Panzer 4s or Panthers, a King Tiger, mortars, heavy or otherwise, Pioneers or 10.5 guns.
>>
>>45024303
You'll only ever want one sniper. Any more is redundant and a waste of points.
>>
>>45024380
So the stuff that was good in the war then lol, nice, thanks
>>
>>45024457
I thought Panthers were hard to use well in this game (expensive, vulnerable in assaults).

The heavy tanks (Tigers) can work well if you have one or two in an infantry army, otherwise not so much.
>>
>>45024493
Panthers are extremely specialised - being able to slug it out with other tanks at long range, basically.

Expensive, but powerful when used as intended. The "hard to use" part comes in when people try to take too many or use them like kill-all murdermachines.
>>
>>45024457

Exactly. Flames of War might be the game of the movie of WW2, but the general story of each game, and what you can do with most bits of gear, matches reality quite elegantly.

>>45024493
You're right in that they're harder to use, but they do have their strengths. From the from, the Panzer 4 and 3 and StuG are fairly easy to knock out in Late War. They're relying more on target numbers and getting the first hit in to survive. But Panthers need dedicated high AT value guns to have any hope, and even then, there's a good chance the Panthers can outshoot them. You really need an ambush to reliably deal with them. But Ambushes work very nicely because their side armour sucks, there's not many of them, and they don't have much top armour, so infantry can be quite dangerous with a bit of support.
>Tigers
Exactly. In MW, a tiger or two can really shape the game. In LW, the King Tiger has the same effect. Don't have more than 2 though, and ideally, just 1. They're very expensive, and each King Tiger could be 6 PaK 40s.
>>
>>45024303
Could always get some more StuG's, you'd only need 7 more to run a full strength StuG company in most books, which is easily just an "open fire" 2 pack and and a regular 5 pack box. Not to mention those plastics are excellent quality and you can often find them for a discount.

Other than that, Nebs are a good choice, and a couple of boxes of halftracks can let you try a mechanised company if you feel like it.

A single King Tiger makes great support for an infantry company as well, but a full list of them isn't a good idea.

Other than that, MG 42's, Mortars (82mm for smoke) Panzerwerfers, more pak 40's, and perhaps an air support option like a Stuka are all solid options.
>>
Thanks for the advice, really apprecite it. Will post up my stugs when they are painted. Any painting advice for the small dudes? I figured base coat and light wash would probably do
>>
>>45024926
>I figured base coat and light wash would probably do
Yeah, that's a solid idea. Maybe a final touchup after the wash. Basing matters more than it does with 28mm figures, with the figures being the size they are, so keep that in mind.
>>
>>45024493
Panthers work much better in an infantry list where their high cost is mitigated by only needing to take a few and they can both ambush and play keep-away.
>>
>>45025415
Tigers get even better synergy with an infantry list due to their low speed. Panthers work well in a tank lit as long as you don't go overboard on them (3 is usually enough). Their high AT and FA make them useful when facing other heavy tanks that could walk all over your tiny Panzer IVs and StuGs.
>>
What're some good early-war lists? I'm noticing a lot don't have recce, infantry support in tank lists, anti-air, etc (presumably this is the EW "nobody realised things had changed" bit?). Are all the lists balanced around missing usual bits of support you'd expect in LW or are those lists also shit in EW?
>>
>>45026485

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, anon. EW lists aren't special from that PoV. Tanks almost always have infantry options, almost everything has recce, almost everything has AA.

What lists don't have recce or infantry support?
>>
>>45026953
Not that anon, but the russians are generally low on recce, as are the japanese.
>>
Comparing some old-timey photos: Did finnish troops wear german uniforms, or at least uniforms that looked like german ones in black and white?
>>
>>45027090
The cuts of the uniforms (and the helmets) were similar, though the finnish uniforms were grey while the germans were "field grey" (more of a green-brown than grey)
>>
>>45027090
They wore totally different uniforms, look at the collars, pockets, buttons etc. But most WW2 uniforms have the same cut and lines so there's a certain surface similarity.
>>
>>45027108
Similar enough you could get away with germans painted in grey for infantry, or not really that similar?
>>
>>45027136
Not really. Not so much due to the uniform, as due to the equipment and belts. The germans had their y-straps with equipment dangling (especially the famous gas mask containers), while the finns had much simpler straps and not nearly as much equipment.
>>
With the pacific theater arriving soon (even it is mid-war) can we assume to get some new nipponese armored (hehe) vehicles?

There is a certain *cough* special project of mine that is in desperate need of an type 3 Chi-Nu
>>
>>45027225
Theought the pacific was LW and its own era.
>>
>>45027225
That'd probably be more of a late-war leviathans thing.
>>
>>45027078
Russians not having Recce is one of their defining features.

Japan, you almost don't need it since the plan is to get close and insert bayonets ASAP more often than not.

Those tow are kind of the exceptions that prove the rule for the rest of EW, really.
>>
>>45027225
No Chi Nus, but there was some sort of Japanese medium that had FA2, a Co-Ax/Hull MG and AT 8. There's a bunch of Japanese SPGs as well. Fragile, innumerate, but cheap, and passably shooty.

>>45027136
Finns tend to be noticely less bogged down with belt gear. Slightly lighter greys as well, and there's stuff like the Jaakari helmet skulls.

>>45027078

Russians do have AA, though. Hardly a lot. Almost every German/British/French/Polish/Finnish have AA and Recce options.

>>45027090
They used uniforms similar to German WW1 uniforms, because that's where their modern military tradition was born.
>>
>>45027490
Russians can get a silly amount of self-defence aa in any of the tankovys though.

Ridiculous amounts of AAMGs on those tanks
>>
I taught some games of Team Yankee last night, and even played in one game myself.

Here's a few observations I've made:

1) Densely packed urban settings provide ideal hiding and firing positions for Cobras.

2) If helicopters get caught out in the open, they'll go down quickly to AA fire. 2 or 3 tanks worth of self-defense AA fire will reliably knock out 1 helicopter in a turn of shooting.

3) trying to shoot helicopters vs helicopters is an exercise in futility since the defending helicopter would shoot it's AA defense first and likely take out the attacking helicopter before it can fire.

4) it is easy to get backed into a last ditch defensive positing if your opponent has played aggressively and had good dice rolls.

5) Tanks will often be screwed if you force them into a position where they have to deal with enemy tanks and enemy helicopters at the same time. If they fire their AA, and survive the incoming missiles and tank fire, they'll have to run the following turn since they can't fire back at the enemy tanks. This leads to a nice push-pull feel to the battle.
>>
>>45027776
>defensive positing

Defensive position.

I thought I had proof read that post pretty well... Guess not.
>>
>>45027225
>Chi Nu's you say?
>>
>>45027811
>defensive posting

these must be new anti-troll/bait measures
>>
>>45028673
Not even defensive posting.

Defensive positing. Putting forward an argument defensively.
>>
File: image.png (351KB, 600x419px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
351KB, 600x419px
Emergency BMP.
>>
>>45028306
>takes a look out of curiosity

Wow. That's a special rules overload.
>>
Anyone ordered from QRF for infantry and have any idea how many you get per item?
>>
File: 1377655889798.jpg (89KB, 480x277px) Image search: [Google]
1377655889798.jpg
89KB, 480x277px
>>45030251
And again. Seems we're having a slow day...
>>
/tg/ moving fast today -
GE814 SS Heavy Machine-gun Platoon
GE815 SS-Mortar Platoon (Late)
GE818 SS-Heavy Mortar Platoon
My newest order for my unknow German Army
>>
Ordered a TY motor rifle company lads, I want in on this cold-war action What colour do I need to be using for these guys? Does vallejo russian uniform still work for 1980s stuff?
Wooden or plastic furniture on the AKs?
>>
>>45027776
Yeah, agree with most of those assesments.

>1) Densely packed urban settings provide ideal hiding and firing positions for Cobras.
It's like their special playground.

>2) If helicopters get caught out in the open, they'll go down quickly to AA fire. 2 or 3 tanks worth of self-defense AA fire will reliably knock out 1 helicopter in a turn of shooting.
Yup, even with the ROF 1 on any SD AA, you can often get a bunch of shots witht he amount of .50 cals US vehicles are packing.

>3) trying to shoot helicopters vs helicopters is an exercise in futility since the defending helicopter would shoot it's AA defense first and likely take out the attacking helicopter before it can fire.
Remember that they can't use their ATGMs for this since these Guided weapons can't be shot in reactive fire. Also, you can fire reactively even if you're not the one being shot at.
If you're using Hinds, just engage outside the Vulcan range using your missiles. Cobras just sit in a spot and dare the Soviet player to park their helos in a spot within range.

>4) it is easy to get backed into a last ditch defensive positing if your opponent has played aggressively and had good dice rolls.
With the amazing mobility in TY, you can indeed be on an objective really quickly and turn things into a knife-fight.

>5) Tanks will often be screwed if you force them into a position where they have to deal with enemy tanks and enemy helicopters at the same time. If they fire their AA, and survive the incoming missiles and tank fire, they'll have to run the following turn since they can't fire back at the enemy tanks. This leads to a nice push-pull feel to the battle.
Do note that the errata state that you can still fire your main gun if you fire another weapon in AA reactively.
You just can't fire the same weapon after using it reactively.
This is indeed different from the explanation during the Beasts of War event.
>>
>>45035284
>Do note that the errata state that you can still fire your main gun if you fire another weapon in AA reactively.

Wait, what? I'll have to look at that. I could have sworn that wasn't the case.
>>
File: 1433940421999 - Copy.jpg (351KB, 900x667px) Image search: [Google]
1433940421999 - Copy.jpg
351KB, 900x667px
Man, what's with the board today? Generals are nosediving.
>>
>>45037313
more people rolling dice means less people posting?
>>
>>45037313
Some people have things called "lives" anon.
>>
>>45037313
>haven't played in weeks
>knows shit about TY or modern stuff
>haven't painted in months
I just haven't anything meaningful to contribute to threads atm...
>>
File: japmanila.jpg (54KB, 404x496px) Image search: [Google]
japmanila.jpg
54KB, 404x496px
>>45038331
Not even a picture either, anon. rip
>>
>>45037313
I've been working on editing Eagles' Nest and Panzerfunk. Kinda time consuming and requires my full attention.

But I'm taking a break at the moment.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 600x398px)
image.jpg
51KB, 600x398px
>>
>>45040539
What would be the apropirate color scheme/camo for A-10 and Cobras in the TY book?

I am almost done with my m1's and moving on to cobras next.
>>
>>45040642
When i mean book i mean Novel. The rulebook has m1's in merdc but at that time frame the proper scheme would be jsut green or 3 color nato.
>>
>>45040664
I haven't read the novel, so I can't help you there.

It's long out of print, and difficult to find. And expensive when you can find it.
>>
Going to go out on a limb here and assume rifles/MGs or MGs but mounted assault grenadiers serving as tank escort; what do they fire as?
>>
>>45041481
>I haven't read the novel, so I can't help you there.
>
>It's long out of print, and difficult to find. And expensive when you can find it.
Yea i'm on the hunt .. audio book cassets are like $80.00 usd.

i'm going to guess they probably were early 80's. I've heard at first they were just green and went 3 color nato. so i'm trying to figure out what the cobras/a10's used say circa 83'
>>
File: i4oahl.jpg (65KB, 426x639px) Image search: [Google]
i4oahl.jpg
65KB, 426x639px
>>45041867
Here's a couple plates from Ospreys.
>>
File: AbramsColors2.jpg (498KB, 1660x2166px)
AbramsColors2.jpg
498KB, 1660x2166px
>>45041986
>>
>>45041481
>>45041867
The novel is getting republished in May.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/mobile/w/team-yankee-harold-coyle/1114145543?ean=9781612003658
>>
>>45041481
>>45041867
>>45042517
I didn't realize it was so rare, I literally got one for around five bucks at a used book store in town. I've only just started it but its pretty good.
>>
>>45042517
Didn't some anon post a mediafire link to Team Yankee a few threads ago? I know I got it from somewhere, and here is the most likely place...
>>
>>45041998
>>45041986
i dint mean the m1's .. I meant the cobras/a-10's
>>
So I've got a tiny 50 Russian list for TY and I was thinking how much would it cost me to get 50 points of amrikki (all in 6mm)

HQ
M16x1
M113x1
points 1

Platoon 1
SAWx4
Dragonx4
M113x4
Points 7

Platoon 2
SAWx4
Dragonx4
M113x4
Points 7

Platoon 3
SAWx3
Dragonx2
M113x3
Points 4

Tanks
M1x3
Points 24

Fist
M113fistx1
Points 1

Mortars
M113 mortars x 6
Points 6

How's this for a list? It would be facing two BMP-2 companies of some strength I forget backed by four T-72s, one scout BMP-2, three Gvozdikas and two shilkas.
>>
>>45044696
Looks pretty solid. Mortars are somewhat lacklustre, but at 50 points they're a decent compromise. Be careful with your tanks, and let your dragons talk, and you should be fine.
>>
>>45041867
>>45042517
>>45042844

Huh, I hunted for it a while ago (wanted ebook format) and found it pretty quickly. Unfortunately a bunch of reviews later I decided it wasn't worth the time, as it's not very good and the editing is complete crap...

Do let us know when you're done how you rate it.
>>
>>45044147
Oh shit, sorry.
>>
>>45044068
There's a copy in the /hwg/ Modern folder, which really needs to go in the OP with the WW2/Nam ones.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/itm69n0vw7g1eiq/Team+Yankee+%28Harold+Coyle%29.pdf
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern
>>
Scenery question: who does FoW compatible buildings cheaply?

I love 4Ground... but I want to do a city suburb or something very dense, without re-mortgaging my house.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>45046742
Kerr & King do some really cool and relatively cheap resin buildings.
>>
File: panzer und girl.jpg (36KB, 451x600px) Image search: [Google]
panzer und girl.jpg
36KB, 451x600px
>>
File: 1413222029567.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px)
1413222029567.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>45031002
v2 is coming out after bartosz sees the movie.

one thing he'll do: a lot of special rules will be scenario based: Arisa and Katyusha will have different rules
>>
>>45048594
I mean I get it, he's trying to give you the feel of the characters by making that many special rules for them, but I for one tend to forget about half of the special rules things have when I have half a dozen special rules to keep track of.
>>
>>45046742
You cold do printable terrain. It won't look as good as mdf or resin, but it's cheap and you can create a lot of stuff very quickly.
>>
File: tanks.jpg (123KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
tanks.jpg
123KB, 800x480px
SS Wiking Mechanized Panzergrenadiers - 1500 pts on the dot.

SS Panzergrenadier HQ
-Company HQ
SS Panzergrenadier Platoon
-3x Panzergrenadier Squads
SS Panzergrenadier Platoon
-3x Panzergrenadier Squads
Anti Aircraft
-3x Quad Half Track
SS Panzer Platoon
-3x Panther
Heavy SS Tank Platoon
-2x Tiger

I might have too many big tanks maybe. Take out 1 tiger replace with mortars and nebs or infantry anti tank weapons?
>>
>>45052095

More like dump the Tigers. 1 is big gun fodder in LW, and 2 is still kinda expensive, considering you've already got your big fuckers in the form of Panthers. Or drop the panthers, and keep the Tigers. Either way, I think some StuHs or Brumbars would serve you better. Although your AT ability is a bit dubious to start with. No guns, or recon as well. Infantry are going to give you some issues with the present list.
>>
Worst list in flames?

German Panzerkompanie (2. Panzerdivision)
Tank Company, from Atlantik Wall, page 102

Compulsory Panzerkompanie HQ (p.103) - CinC Panther A, 2iC Panther A (375 pts)

Compulsory Panther Platoon (p.104) - Command Panther A, 2x Panther A (560 pts)

Compulsory Panther Platoon (p.104) - Command Panther A, 2x Panther A (560 pts)

1495 Points, 2 Platoons
>>
>>45052910
8 Panthers is certainly nothing to sneeze at.

But yeah...Only two platoons, only heavy tanks, no infantry, no recon

I won't call it the worst list in the game, but it's certainly among the least effective and least point efficient choices out there.
>>
>>45052910

I reckon you could come up with a Sicherungskompanie, or Armia Krajowa list which would be nearly as helpless (although ironically at its best against 8 Panthers).
>>
>>45053548
>Consider the following:
A fully decked out German BP-44 Armoured Train, with 2 artillery cars and two anti-aircraft cars, panzergrenadier platoon, Panzer Platoon, two tank-hunter cars, staff car, pioneer section for Panzergrenadier platoon, mortar section for panzergrenadier platoon, and upgrading all the quad flaks to 3.7cm flaks is 765 points which is more than half of your standard points.
Average Armour of train cars, 3/3/1, Panzer Platoon is Panzer 38(t)s.
Unless you actually go up against a Partisan Company with low firepower, it's a giant lump of about three killpoints.
>>
>>45054063

...that sounds like Panthers would eat it right up. And laugh.
>>
>>45054227
Dude. Hero Tankovy with only T-34/76s would eat that and go looking for seconds. Never mind what any kind of shermans would do.
>>
>>45052910
Hero Sredniy Samokhondo-Artillyeriyskiy Polk (Guards)
HQ 1 T-34/85 w Tank Escorts

3x Hero Medium Assault Gun Company: 3 SU-100
Hero Medium Assault Gun Company: 3 SU-85M
1490 points
>>
>>45054477
jesus fuck it's hideous
>>
>>45054477
I'm 50-50 on this because on one hand, ow. On the other hand at least it has more than 6 vehicles. I would probably put my money on this list and not the 6 panthers.
>>
>>45054836
I'd say it would run a nice 50-50 against the panthers, and be even more fucked against everything else (and it was 8 panthers)... seriously, the list has two machine guns, both mounted on the HQ. And a total Rof of 20 (including 2 vehicle machine guns and 1 Tank Rider SMG)
>>
>>45054477

What the? Where did the rest of the points go?
>>
>>45054936
Aint Hero Lists wonderful? Something like 120 points for a RoF 1 (AT16) Fearless Trained (but rolls skill checks like a veteran... because you will roll so many) FA 9 Overloaded Slow Tank...
>>
>worst list
Back up fuckers:
>Late War Guards Strelk
>Battalion HQ
>Infantry company 2x inf platoons
>Shtraf company 2x inf platoons
>Submachinegun company 2x inf platoons
>Anti-aircraft machinegun platoon 3x DSHK
>1485 points
>>
>>45055037
That... would actually be quite scary, they're too many to kill in time!
>>
>>45055066
>too many to kill in time
They always attack anon, they are the ones on a time limit.
>>
>>45055037
Would rape 8 Panthers to death, then rape the corpses some more for good measure.

Assuming they pass their Tank Terror.
>>
>>45054891
Oh, sure, but 8 panthers are also fucked against any number of infantry too.
>>
>>45055102
>No Retreat
>Strelk attacks
>4 Panthers on front objective, 2ic or something on rear
>kill two men from each of the foward companies (assuming 2 companiescan fit up front, comfortably, depends on table width)
>lose QoQ
>assault Panthers
>pass tank terror
>16 dice defensive fire
You need 12 of the dice to not roll a 3+ to make the assault. It will happen eventually, and further math is required to see how much damage you will take in the attempt, but the Panthers are better off than is immediately obvious.
>>
>>45055238
Meanwhile, the third company is soon ready to charge, while the fourth and fifth are heading towards the rear objective.

(And the HMSPAGP can't do shit, since they put out a grand total of 5 shots in defensive fire)
>>
>>45055344
I will have to think through this harder and do more math than I'm accustomed to. But let's say the front 2 companies blob around the flanks of the front Panther platoon and leave room for the third company to assault from the front. One of the two frontal companies will obviously try to maneuver to the rear such that the Panther have to shift around to maximize fire against each target, meaning that not everyone will take every hull MG shot. SMG company and shtraf company will move to the rear, it is VERY IMPORTANT that the SMGs double as fast as possible as the Shtraf are conscripts and will never get through the second Panther platoon should they arrive from reserve. They automatically arrive turn 6, and assuming defender is not stupid placed rear objective such that Panthers will have it the turn they arrive. As I said shtraf is very bad at this situation so either one of them assaults the 2ic before turn 6, or the SMG company has to assault the coming Panther platoon.

Now in this situation the fire control of the Panthers is very important. If I get another snowstorm I may even game this out because there are no other non-tourney FOW players left here and I have lots of various models.
>>
File: tank2.jpg (126KB, 800x480px)
tank2.jpg
126KB, 800x480px
Should I go with 2 tigers or 3 panthers? I just painted these up.

also I'm >>45052095

replace a tank platoon with what for 500ish points from greywolf.
>>
>>45055574
I prefer Panthers. More of them, better front armour, and better AT.
>>
If I really wanted a heavy tanks list, I look at..? Remagen or Desperate Measures?
>>
>>45056762
What tanks specifically are you looking for?

The answer will change depending on if you're looking to use Panthers, Tigers, King Tigers, Jadgtigers, etc.

That being said, the best use of heavy tanks is typically as support options for an infantry list.
>>
File: 1434857832775.png (565KB, 1000x700px)
1434857832775.png
565KB, 1000x700px
So what's the worst possible infantry list you could build?
>>
>>45060649
>3 million hrs in MS paint....
>>
>>45056762
Not sure what book it is in, but Kampfgruppe Hummel lets you take a large number of Tiger tanks.
>>
File: peter-gibbons.jpg (155KB, 1600x1213px)
peter-gibbons.jpg
155KB, 1600x1213px
>>45061388

>>45060649
French
>>
File: Liska042.jpg (147KB, 650x470px) Image search: [Google]
Liska042.jpg
147KB, 650x470px
>>45061528
Bridge by Bridge

sadly, all Tiger tanks lists max out at the same number of Tigers, only question is how many pts did you spend and how did you mix them up?

max tigers is always 14

Desperate Measures and Bridge by Bridge is best for Tigers
>>
>>45062078
>only question is how many pts did you spend and how did you mix them up?

That was kinda my point. KG Hummel lets you get Tigers at a lower point value than usual, meaning you can fit more in your list at any given point value.
>>
>>45062538
you can fit more from DM's 500 PzAbt brigade, but the Hummels can Storm Troop by themselves, thus, they are better.
>>
File: sskek.gif (871KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
sskek.gif
871KB, 245x230px
oh, guys, Battlefront just released the unheard of T-27 tanks!

http://www.flamesofwar.com/

>kek
>>
File: T_27_pic1.jpg (99KB, 1000x1115px) Image search: [Google]
T_27_pic1.jpg
99KB, 1000x1115px
>>45063916
Oh sweet. So I don't have to make my own then!
>>
File: Vietnampropaganda.png (130KB, 1024x1711px) Image search: [Google]
Vietnampropaganda.png
130KB, 1024x1711px
>>
>>45065420
>NIP NONG CHING CHONG GOOK GOOK GOOK
>>
>>45063916
>http://www.flamesofwar.com/
>soviets have smoke artillery now

What sorcery is this?
>>
>>45052095

You should definitely try to get up to 6 platoons.
>>
>>45066740
what? where?

team yankee is different....
>>
German 512. Schwere Panzerjager (2. Kompanie)
Tank Company, from Bridge at Remagen, page 48

Compulsory 512. Schwere Panzerjager HQ (2. Kompanie) (p.49) - CinC Jagdtiger (270 pts)

Compulsory 512. Schwere Panzerjager Platoon (p.49) - Command Jagdtiger, Jagdtiger (535 pts)

512. Schwere Panzerjager Platoon (p.49) - Command Jagdtiger, Jagdtiger (535 pts)

512. Panzer Anti-Aircraft Gun Platoon (p.51) - Command Wirbelwind, Wirbelwind (75 pts)

512. Panzer Scout Platoon (p.51) - Command Panzerfaust MG, 2x Panzerfaust MG (65 pts)
- Sd Kfz 251/1 half-track (5 pts)

1485 Points, 4 Platoons

Yeah, heavy tanks, I know. Also only four platoons on the defence...
>>
>>45069108
Those Wirbelwinds ought to put a hurting on softer-skinned vehicles and infantry. There isn't much infantry, though. Is it absolutely vital that you have 1500 points? More infantry should be a big help
>>
>>45069108
I would recommend dropping 1 Jagdtiger (and maybe swapping the other to your 2iC) so you can invest in some actually decent infantry.

That would also allow you to deploy both infantry and a few JTs in missions with reserves.
>>
>>45001152
This gets me to asking, there's any order of battle for the Polish 1st Armoured Brigade (Heroes of Westerplatte)? (other than "they used T-34 tanks") (or dogs). I've found info about Polish troops in Western Allies service, but none or their Eastern counterparts.
>>
>>45048594
The ANon who makes ASL counters in the /ak/ threads also said he'd make a v2 with the Crusaders and all the new info
>>
>>45069298
1.5k is the standard size here, but could stretch to 1750 maybe.

>>45069341
Yeah; I'm wondering how essential panzerscouts are. I'll always be defending anyway.
>>
>>45069617
I wouldn't be using recon in those lists. Just defensive support units.
>>
Attempt 2:

Compulsory 512. Schwere Panzerjager HQ (2. Kompanie) (p.49) - CinC Jagdtiger (270 pts)

Compulsory 512. Schwere Panzerjager Platoon (p.49) - Command Jagdtiger, Jagdtiger (535 pts)

512. Schwere Panzerjager Platoon (p.49) - Command Jagdtiger (270 pts)

512. Panzer Anti-Aircraft Gun Platoon (p.51) - Command Wirbelwind, 2x Wirbelwind (110 pts)

Trained Volksgrenadier Platoon (p.74) - Command Panzerfaust Assault Rifle, 4x Panzerfaust Assault Rifle, 2x Panzerfaust MG (160 pts)

Veteran Volksgrenadier Platoon (p.74) - Command Panzerfaust Assault Rifle, 4x Panzerfaust Assault Rifle (155 pts)

1500 Points, 5 Platoons

Knocks off 1 jagdtiger, but gains an extra wirbel and 2 platoons of infantry. On the other hand, it's 5 platoons and one's only a 5-stand group...
>>
>>45069771
I'd still swap one of the two JTs in the two-vehicle platoon to be your 2iC, even if you have to re-juggle a few other things for that.

After all, that gets you both a more flexible force and a chance to pass company morale even if your CC gets knocked out. Also, no risk of your second tank in the platoon running off if he's bailed and his buddy got killed.

Trying to squeeze in some arty to get you to six platoons might also be worthwhile.
Are you able to do that, or only by swapping your infantry for the rather fragile Volkssturm?
>>
>>45023514
dank
>>
>>45070006
Just about if I go down to trained and 5 stands on both.

Compulsory 512. Schwere Panzerjager HQ (2. Kompanie) (p.49) - CinC Jagdtiger, 2iC Jagdtiger (535 pts)

Compulsory 512. Schwere Panzerjager Platoon (p.49) - Command Jagdtiger (270 pts)

512. Schwere Panzerjager Platoon (p.49) - Command Jagdtiger (270 pts)

512. Panzer Anti-Aircraft Gun Platoon (p.51) - Command Wirbelwind, 2x Wirbelwind (110 pts)

Trained Volksgrenadier Platoon (p.74) - Command Panzerfaust Assault Rifle, 4x Panzerfaust Assault Rifle (120 pts)

Trained Volksgrenadier Platoon (p.74) - Command Panzerfaust Assault Rifle, 4x Panzerfaust Assault Rifle (120 pts)

Volks Rocket Launcher Battery (p.76) - Command SMG, Observer Rifle, 3x 15cm NW41 rocket launcher (70 pts)

1495 Points, 6 Platoons
>>
>>45055574
Wiking can't get Tigers, only 3rd SS as they had a company of them. If you're going to play Wiking I recommend Panthers, but whatever you do take the Panzer Kanone where possible.
>>
>>45070989
This. Kanone are great!
>>
File: face.jpg (13KB, 186x256px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
13KB, 186x256px
>>44982762
>Osprey books
das it mane
>>
>>45071133
>>45071133
Yes they are...

Also, if you play as the Danish Regiment, your artillery (not Nebs, proper artillery) rolls to hit as if Veterans which is really nice ("Master Plan" rule, p. 188 Grey Wolf). You can also get cheap, efficient 3-gun 10.5cm and 15cm Artillery for decent points...well-worth a getting a battery IMO. Like the Kanone, it is one of the best features of Wiking.
>>
>>45071564
Hah, I completely forgot about the artillery. It's a nice special rule, but I never got to use it as my points never left room for proper artillery. Best I had was mortars or nebels.

Goign back through Grey Wolf, I found the ol' Political Assassins rule, another glorious little gem that allows you to gun-tank commissars within infantry companies to deny them that reroll.
>>
>>45071793
3x 10.5cm is 140 Pts
3x 15cm is 205 Pts

In the Panzergren list in particular, I would find room.
>>
>>45069771
>>45070090
Reject the impurities of the Volksgrenadier! Open your heart and know the purity and the truth of the Volkssturm!

It'd save you forty points at least.
>>
>>45070090
>>45073251
Yeah, exchanging the Volksgrenadiers for Volksturms (Full platoons and get the machine gun) would improve the list in all ways, and still get you 40 extra points to try and do something fun with.
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 800x521px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 800x521px
>>
>>45075545

PzH2000?
Thread posts: 258
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.