[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parlez vous Cthulhu?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 30

File: 1453383279406.jpg (242KB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1453383279406.jpg
242KB, 1600x1131px
So while Chaosium is still struggling with the 7e KS, apparently France has crowdfunded it's own edition, hiring competent artists like Pegasus. But judge for yourself.

Le livre du p'tit gros:
https://mega.nz/#!EYsDgYpI!_8pkzlzzUcE4yS6oU7zQG8520Y8BSXw9de92ayHKZK8
Le livre de la proie-Ă -en-devenir:
https://mega.nz/#!ZJ8SCL6D!tUuYF7zAqEeIsaDyAhgcgkJnddVTY7Hrd7zrdDt6r8g
Aventure "effroyable":
https://mega.nz/#!wEUQlbCa!pG2btPHEOC9mJYJn25NRCegunei704roqNev2PceKjY
Fkjdfshfkflsjfslfjdskfjsf (sic!):
https://mega.nz/#!9E0TBaYJ!8oEfr8rvYHiR0lc8KCXyDkwqvWHCU6iQCUQMjbbo_QU
FenĂȘtre:
https://mega.nz/#!dQ0ChDSY!oiNNx3URpsIyTsy5-quxVx8J3hEfdhbVTGfkS4-6l8U
Malleus Monstrun Merdum:
https://mega.nz/#!oM9mkACS!Y_k_ouYE45tcD5O7N3tumVM2N_JwK7oYHD21mv3o2WM

And post some Mythos artwork.
>>
File: 1444844555548.png (4MB, 1134x1478px) Image search: [Google]
1444844555548.png
4MB, 1134x1478px
>>
>>44945810
Since it is worth bringing back from the former thread (thanks to each and everyone who contributed to save it from OP's faggotry, btw), here's the two official free soudtracks that were commisioned by the editor:

http://sans-detour.com/index.php/Telechargements/909-L-Appel-de-Cthulhu/987-Musiques-d-Ambiance/Voir-categorie.html

Speaking of free and not free soundtracks, any of you has the sense-impacts soundtrack? Not even having any means to listen to at least a part of it before paying 15$ for it is customer-unfriendly as all hell.
>>
File: CTHULHU 1443695684537.jpg (427KB, 1280x1792px) Image search: [Google]
CTHULHU 1443695684537.jpg
427KB, 1280x1792px
>France has crowdfunded it's own edition
>it's
I find this really jarring.
>>
Moebius may be influential but he's not really a good source of inspiration to draw lovecraftian things.
However, you know which one of his close colleagues is a FUCKING GREAT source of inspo? Philippe Druillet. He constantly gets overshadowed by Bilal and Moebius even though he's easily as impressive if not more.

>>44945797
Randolph Carter knows that he's dreaming and is constantly described as a very experienced dreamer. He expects this shit to happen.

>>44945707
This is both wrong and a very clumsy and incomplete description of sublimity.

First off, Cthulhu is described as misshapen and grotesque more often than he is described as majestic (in fact it's mostly crazy buttfuck cultists who describe him as such)
Secondly the notion of sublimity is quite literally adjacent to that of monstrosity (as in shapelessness). It also involves magnitude (that's the correct technical term) of course, but not so much as a threat, than as something that oversteps the boundaries of human understanding, which is why it can also be applied to nice things.

Now, what we have, with this drawing, is a monster that looks cool, it looks dramatic, its proportions are a little weird and gorilla-like which makes it look quite massive, but it doesn't convey that notion of disproportionate mass like, say, a sperm whale would. A sperm whale is very simple in shape, but it's so grossly disproportionate that it still inspires awe and respect while also being really ugly. And I'm not really seeing that in this drawing.
>>
>>44945971
Wait, I thought Shub Niggurath was a Great Old One.
>>
File: al_Druillet015_Yragael.jpg (186KB, 588x800px) Image search: [Google]
al_Druillet015_Yragael.jpg
186KB, 588x800px
>>44945998
>>
File: druiga4.jpg (152KB, 800x558px) Image search: [Google]
druiga4.jpg
152KB, 800x558px
>>44946040

>>44946015
this chart is complete bullshit that pays no mind to pre-established works. But, again, the Mythos isn't Star Wars lore so who gives a shit? you're not supposed to collect Great Old Ones like pokeymans.
>>
>>44946015
Yes, the chart is worse that the poster's autism.
>>
File: al_Druillet022_Urm_le_Fou.jpg (252KB, 606x900px) Image search: [Google]
al_Druillet022_Urm_le_Fou.jpg
252KB, 606x900px
>>44946072
>>
>>44946098
>>
File: al_Druillet021_Urm_le_Fou.jpg (230KB, 652x900px) Image search: [Google]
al_Druillet021_Urm_le_Fou.jpg
230KB, 652x900px
>>44946136
alright, next I'm gonna dump some of my own stuff like I said I would
>>
File: 3106923-2067239630-28973.jpg (152KB, 1443x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3106923-2067239630-28973.jpg
152KB, 1443x1080px
>>44945998
I think it's mostly because it's a mere sketch instead of a full blown artwork with background and context around the monster. Look at pic related. It is quite far from the misshapen, fat, bulbous canon of Lovecraft's own drawing, yet it most certainly conveys the awesome notions HPL tried to make the reader experience in his texts. You're simply demanding too much of that image, i'd rather wait and see if Musy made others of Cthulhu that would better fit your (perfectly reasonable) expectations.
>>
>>44945971

what if humans are a 'lovercraftian creature' ?
>>
>>44946202
Well this one isn't perfect either, far from it.
>>
>>44946229
What if your mom's ass is a lovecraftian creature?
>>
>>44946229
Not on the same level as the Yith, or even the Elder Ones. We aren't too off from Ghouls, I suppose.
I mean, the term "Lovecraftian" only means something made up by, or inspired by, the works of HP Lovecraft. Humans are neither.
>>
>>44946292
That would make sense for lovecraft himself.
>>
File: kch.png (2MB, 1854x1340px) Image search: [Google]
kch.png
2MB, 1854x1340px
>>44946158
alright here goes
>>
File: cthulhu-drawing-by-hpl.jpg (85KB, 405x500px) Image search: [Google]
cthulhu-drawing-by-hpl.jpg
85KB, 405x500px
>>44946240
Because you consider this to be perfect and conveys that sense of impossible wonder?
At best it would be the naive drawing of some raving madman. Which it kinda is.
>>
>>44946344
I never said I did.

What gave you that idea?
>>
>>44946292

well, humans as a species inhabit the lovecraft universe just like all the other creatures of the mythos, and are genuinely terrifying if you think about it, if somewhat clueless
>>
File: angelhost rang 1 armes CC.jpg (941KB, 1866x1528px) Image search: [Google]
angelhost rang 1 armes CC.jpg
941KB, 1866x1528px
>>44946333
now for the miniatures concepts, which, again, were based on Therians so necessarily mostly symmetrical and not connected to the Mythos.

We're just arguing aesthetics.
>>
>>44946387
You're highly welcome to enlighten us by providing what you consider a good example, then.
>>
>>44946429
wow dude you're like so blowing my mind, I haven't been this shaken since I last read the "nightmare fuel" entry of TVTropes (which you should go back to)
>>
>>44946292
>>44946483
Here's your yous, so go away now.
>>
>>44946333
I like it.

>>44946447
Looks kinda Warhammery
>>
>>44946473
Here you go
Not perfect but at least closer to what I have in mind than most depictions even if it's mostly just the head
>>
>>44946615
Whoa.
That's different.
>>
>>44945810
Struggling 7e Kickstarter? What's goin' on?
>>
File: angelhost rang 2.jpg (3MB, 3980x2600px) Image search: [Google]
angelhost rang 2.jpg
3MB, 3980x2600px
>>44946549
>Looks kinda Warhammery
doesn't mean much, Warhammer has shitloads of different aesthetics now.

Currently it's just trying to look like WoW
>>
>>44946615
I'm sorry, but that looks so much like Zoidberg, I can't shake it.

>>44946662
I'm not a backer but people complained about the print books being late.
>>
>>44946665
This one speaks to me.
More alien than creature though.
>>
>>44946689
Whether it looks like zoidberg or not is irrelevant
it looks massive, impressive, and monstrous
>>
File: homonculi.jpg (3MB, 5700x1900px) Image search: [Google]
homonculi.jpg
3MB, 5700x1900px
>>44946665
and now for some trooper dudes
>>
File: mech9.jpg (357KB, 1480x700px) Image search: [Google]
mech9.jpg
357KB, 1480x700px
>>44946755
little concepts
>>44946715
Good! i spent a shitload of time on it. Really wanted it to look impressive and huge even if it ended up as a 10 cm-tall miniature without relying too much on scale elements.
>>
>>44945998
>Secondly the notion of sublimity is quite literally adjacent to that of monstrosity (as in shapelessness). It also involves magnitude (that's the correct technical term) of course, but not so much as a threat, than as something that oversteps the boundaries of human understanding
>oversteps the boundaries of human understanding
Never quite believed this bit.
All things that effect us can be understood and comprehended. It is only when our ability to logic is taken from us are we unable to. And if that is what Cthulu is supposed to do in order to "make us lose our sanity" then i find that no more frightening that a gunshot to the head.
If it cannot be reasoned, it cannot exist in any way to harm us. But if it can harm us, then it can be understood, given enough observation.
However if, through observation, it is derived that the level of information necessary to extract to begin processing and categorizing the new and unfamiliar information is too much (sort of like trying to memorize a new game with a vast number of interconnecting mechanics), then i can understand how some could see that as "falling into madness". But even then it is not so.
>>
File: nephilim recap.jpg (2MB, 2200x2200px) Image search: [Google]
nephilim recap.jpg
2MB, 2200x2200px
>>44946793
anyway you see where I was going with this shit. That should be enough.

I felt like designers and artists focused too little on achieving alienness on a basic, texture level. So I spent most of my time perfecting the right kind of textures to convey sculptural ancientness, bloated organic life, and also decay to a degree, but without making it directly relatable to known earthly matters.
>>
File: Terror of the skies.jpg (60KB, 1592x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Terror of the skies.jpg
60KB, 1592x1000px
>>44946615
>>44946718
>massive, impressive and monstrusous
Well, i respect your opinion, but to me that looks fucking ridiculous, sorry. A rotten Zeppelin with tentacles and a big surprised eye. Wow. I'm pissing my pants here.

Lovecraft didn't grew up in the same highly visual world as we do, with countless depictions of Kaijus and monsters of all kinds. At some point you have to decide if you respect the word or the spirit of a concept. And the fat bloated toad would only appear as lame for most of us. See for example, the winged beasts of the Nazguls in Jackson's movie. Aren't they impressive and omminous ? They're serpentine and nasty and as believable as movie monsters can be. Do they respect the idea Tolkien had? Hell no, they would look like something between goddamn pterosaurs and featherless vultures if so. Now imagine how lame it would look to our blase eye if the Witch-King was riding pic fucking related at the Pelennor Fields.

In any case there is no good way to render the Old Ones in a static image in my opinion. The thing should shift and twist and change and strain our eyes like those old Magic Eyes book. With possible case of slight nausea. For all the limits inherents to trying to paint the indescribable, Muzy is doing a damn good job.
>>
>>44946883
Your textures are spot on. You can stretch skin over joints if carapaces ever start to bug you.

Those model hips are a little off for me.
>>
>>44946615
How much more is behind the rock/in the water? I like the aesthetic , partly because I'm having a hard time making sense of it
>>
>>44946867
You have a charmingly naive faith in the powers of logic and scientific method.

Anyway what I meant wasn't that it's literally unaccountable for, it's that imagination (as far as it participates to understanding) cannot encompass it.
At least not the first time it's witnessed.

In fact I find it harder to believe that you've never experienced sublimity, than to believe that you don't understand what I'm talking about.
>>
>>44946923
Muzy didn't do a good job precisely because we live in a more highly visual world than Lovecraft.

If he had presented that sketch to Lovecraft it would probably have freaked him out a bit more than with what Weird Tales illustrators do.

But now all I'm seeing is a kaiju ready to take on Godzilla. A good one, but not something grotesque and horrible.

And yeah, I think a rotten zeppelin with tentacles and a big eye is a very powerful image, even described in those terms with that sarcastic tone that removes nothing from it.

Just be honest: you don't give a shit about even trying to make Cthulhu fearsome you just want him to fight a Jaeger.
>>
>>44946943
which ones?
>>
>>44946973
Glad it charms you. You seem easily charmed.
And you mis my point entirely. An entity liek Chthulu, if present in the existant realm, would be pick apart (figuratively) and analyzed thoroughly. There is no way that it can act or act upon anything in any way that defies the core fundamental understandings of nature or breaks the INFALLIBLE ultimate truth.
It can only exist in the realm of imagination with a heavy dose of the suspension of disbelief. Even then it is subject to the laws of logic. Laws it cannot escape in our reality.
>>
>>44947086
>hips
>>44946755
>>
>>44947140
well I'm pretty sure they're consistently drawn
>>
File: bgte-old-one-copy1.jpg (587KB, 897x672px) Image search: [Google]
bgte-old-one-copy1.jpg
587KB, 897x672px
>>44942643
Barlowe's design for them has always been my preferred look for them

>>44917757
>>44918238
those are awful renditions of a Mythos Ghoul

>>44917837
not a big fan of this Mi-Go design either, feels a little too terrestrial in appearance

>>44917920
well are they familiar with Baccano, cause you could run something based on that and introduce Mythos elements as the campaign goes on, and besides Cthulhu Mythos doesn't always mean doom and gloom(personally I find that angle overdone anyways), the Mythos is quite adequate at doing more conventional adventure, but then I feel most of the time trying to make horror work in a RPG context is more work than it's worth

>>44935747
I'm just picturing this thing being worshipped by the Engineers/Space Jockeys from Prometheus

>>44945191
yeah I agree, that's one of many things that's disillusioned me about the CoC rpg, personally I feel only things on Cthulhu's level should automatically make someone go insane(similarly just reading the Necronomicon and other Mythos texts and even performing magic ain't going to erode your sanity most of the time, although some of the things you have to do to make the nastier spells work might), and indeed I'd be tempted to leave that as merely something specific to him
>>
>>44947208
>Mi-Go
I really like it.

It looks like a powerful host species for an altogether unrelated sapient fungus parasite.
>>
>>44947128
It very much does escape a bunch of laws. If you're gonna take the concept of Cthulhu even remotely seriously to critique some of its aspects, you're gonna have to accept at least that. Also, do keep in mind that the only people who witnessed it directly were a bunch of sailors with very narrow minds who had just come across a city made of impossible angles and had been wandering it for hours, enduring the stench of rotten prehistoric fish and alien slime, after fighting off crazy cultists if memory serves. I'm pretty sure if they came across Cthulhu they'd have a fucking heart attack.

Again it sounds like you're going at it from the Call of Cthulhu RPG perspective, which tells you that just looking at him, in any context whatsoever, automatically makes you go crazy. Which is bullshit by Lovecraft's standards.

And by "charmingly" I meant "obnoxiously", your scientist fanaticism is getting on my nerves.
>>
>>44947280
Now that is a cool concept, except that's not what Mi-Gos are.

>>44947208
That Nyarlathotep does indeed look heavily inspired by early Fiefield concept art.
>>
>>44947071
>Cthulhu Vs Gipsy Danger
Fund it!
In all seriousness, no, i see your idea, it's simply that, as i said, you simply can't get the "wrongness" of these things with a static image in the way HPL meant it (more so because there is no such thing as horrors from outer space that drives you crazy by just looking at the thing). Sarcasm aside, that Zeppelin-Cthulhu image is far from uninteresting, but it demands a certain sensibility from its audience (and that goes well beyond lazy explanations a la "well, those guys are plebs and can't enjoy real art"), and for most of us, well, it will simply fall flat. Muzy at the very least manages to depict something (more so in the other color image with a bit of context but even this one is not a final work) that has a "plausible" anatomy that won't break the viewer suspension of disbelief (and i do believe that in the case of a game like CoC this is of paramount importance), a sense of mass and majesty. Lacking any means to actually paint the absolute otherness of it, i'd say that's as good as one can expect from an artist who needs to touch each and every one of the players to some extend instead than a hit or miss like more "experimental", shall we say, attempts.
>>
>>44947379
>that's not what Mi-Gos are
State your case.
>>
>>44947208
This is gonna sound silly but I always pictured Ghouls as basically a cross between Count Orlock and edgier Na'Vi.
>>
>>44947208
Barlowes design makes them look ike an exotic fruit display. Its awful and goofy
>>
>>44947308
>It very much does escape a bunch of laws. If you're gonna take the concept of Cthulhu even remotely seriously to critique some of its aspects, you're gonna have to accept at least that.
>something it cant do just does because belief and magic
Incorrect, things outside religion dont work like that
>city made of impossible angles
What are optical illusions?

>And by "charmingly" I meant "obnoxiously"
how passive aggressive of you
>your scientist fanaticism is getting on my nerves
reverting to anger when you have no other argument, gotcha
>>
>>44947395
Well I think that it's on the contrary very important for Cthulhu's design to CHALLENGE the viewer's suspension of disbelief rather than remain in his comfort zone by perpetuating movie monster designs (and not even very striking ones at that).

I'm gonna say it in plain terms: Muzy's design doesn't look fucked up enough. Or at all. It's yet another variation on the "muscular Cthulhu" theme, which it barely revitalizes by giving it a mane and toad arms.

Generally I have a problem with Cthulhu designs that look too predatory. It's pretty obvious that Cthulhu, as fearsome as he may be, is a misshapen, gross, clumsy abomination that destroys through sheer mass and power, not a perfect alien killing machine. And that subsequently, his majesty should be drawn from his impressive monstrosity rather than from his coolness.
>>
>>44947467
ah okay you were just shitposting all along.

I'm gonna have to dust off my fedora meme, which hasn't served in months now that nobody takes it seriously anymore, allowing you to freely roam 4chan acting as a stereotype nobody believes in anymore to piss off people.

*tips fedora*
>>
>>44947467
>muh science!
>>
>>44947434
To be fair the Elder Things aren't supposed to look threatening. They're just supposed to look exotic. It's when we learn that they dissected everyone including the dogs that they get menacing.
>>
So how does this compare to the English version? I would read it myself but I don't speak French
>>
>>44947630
Shit posting? not at all. I presented arguments, they were weakly countered with "believe and magic" and other faggot shit and then nothing. Im still waiting on an actual serious reply.
But seeing the low low IQ of my repliers i doubt that will happen, sadly :/
>>
>>44947730
Very good but it's based on the same bullshit pokemon with magical insanity-inducing looks approach to monsters than the other versions.
>>
>>44947572
I do agree i'd rather see a fat weird Cthulhu than Mr Universe here.
But i still can't get my brain around how you can consider Zeppelin-Cthulhu a good depiction of the thing. Cthulhu is the archetypal evil being in all its tradition. It needs to clic in in a single second, and the guys watching it immediately thinks "oh shit i'm SO fucked" before turning batshit crazy and chewing his own tongue. It doesn't work well when you spend fifteen minutes wondering which extremity is the mouth and which one the asshole.
>>
>>44947128
The entire point of all of Lovecraft's writing is that there is no infallible truth, and that our core fundamental understanding of nature are wrong and we're all dumb idiot morons.
>>
>>44947785
Ah so that's the issue here.

I really don't think Cthulhu should look "evil". I think it should look horrible and fucked up, but I don't think ti should express any relatable motive or emotion, let alone malevolence. (It's assumed that he's just happy as fuck when he wakes up but that's all)

That's why I cringe at every depiction of him that has big frowning angry eyes. That's also partly why I don't like predatory depictions.
>>
>>44947824
a totally bullshit and incorrect idea once you pull your head out of your ass, but i do understand it from a suspension of disbelief standpoint, and none other.
>>
File: *tips mensis cage*.png (165KB, 554x446px) Image search: [Google]
*tips mensis cage*.png
165KB, 554x446px
>>44947731
MAJESTIC!
A shitposter is a shitposter, even in a meme!
>>
>>44947915
If that concept is so offensive to you, then Lovecraftian horror is probably not your thing.
>>
>>44947915
So Sayeth Dawkins
>>
>>44947942
>i have nothign else i can rebuttle with so i call names, hurray me~!
fuck off

>>44947945
i actually love Lovecraftian. I hate that it needs the "jesus touch" in order to be fascinating however
There has to be a way around it
something like >>44938348
represents
>>
>>44945810
so is she still... alive or is it just the monster puppetting her remains?
>>
>>44947667
Yeah, I know. They just look so goofy. Same for the Yithians
>>
File: do it for meme.jpg (58KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
do it for meme.jpg
58KB, 500x357px
>>44948009
Ahhh, Jesus, or some say Jizzum, do you hear our prayers?
>>
>>44947907
Indeed evil was not the term i should have used. The big guy is way above and beyond such triffle notions, he is wild and free, etc...
I should have said "instantaneously terror inducing and hiting something very primal in some remote part of our brain that reminds us that we are small weak apes hiding in caves from things far grander than us".
Problem is, what triggers that feeling better than predators? You can't draw his supernatural aura.
>>
>>44948093
>didnt understand what was said, played banjo and fucked cousin
>>
File: spookgoat.png (170KB, 911x512px) Image search: [Google]
spookgoat.png
170KB, 911x512px
>>44948009
Go play some lovecraft-lite if you're only in it for the aesthetic, fuckboi
>>
>>44948111
One thing does: disease and hypertrophy, and it matches the description of Cthulhu at least as well as the predatory interpretation (which isn't entirely off-base since he's described as a "dragon-squid").
That's why in the previous thread I mentioned having him ideally be at once gaunt and obese.
But the rotten textures on the "zeppelin" also achieve that effect pretty well.
>>
>>44948195
Different anon here.
So, like those starving kids who are all bloated?
I'd say that's accurate to how I imagine him
>>
>>44948020
She literally shed her skin like a regular spider does.
>>
>>44948148
>fuckboi
kek
>Go play some lovecraft-lite if you're only in it for the aesthetic
> only in it for the aesthetic
I said no such thing, please point out where i did. I know you wont.
>>
>>44948111
>You can't draw his supernatural aura.
Well I tried

>>44946333
>>44946665
>>44946793
>>44946883
I mean it's not exactly him but still
>>
>>44948195
Well i'm sorry but the zeppelin simply didn't make it at all for me. And if you happen to have other artworks of Cthulhu that would fit our "middle-ground" here, by all means i am extremely interested to see them as well. On this, i wish all of you a good night, it is starting to be very late here. I'll be happy to check all of this tomorrow.
>>
>>44945933
Are dark young supposed to reference the triple goddess? I mean they do have three sides?

I keep imagining that there must be one of them that looks like three people stuck together back to back, twisted and nightmarish, in a aspect that would inspire the idea of a triple goddess.
>>
>>44948246
What else is there but the "Humans are wrong about everything and way over their heads and are protected only by their ignorance" and the aesthetic?
>>
>>44948227
Precisely
>>44946755

Or, more simply, imagine the Newborn from Alien 4, except instead of his goofy face he has six beady expressionless eyes, and a bunch of tendrils. And he's 50 yards tall.
>>
>>44948290
I think there's one painting of cthulhu that fits roughly in the middle ground but I can't find it back. It's a very good one too.
>>
>>44948233
ahh so she underwent a sort of metamorphosis
>>
>>44948298
The fuck are you talking about? Break up that mangled sentence into digestible bites
>>
Concerning the issue of madness-inducing horrors, one must remember that Lovecraft's most memorable protagonists were already oversensitive and over-imaginative because they are authorial inserts.
>>
>>44948373
There are two key parts of Lovecraft.
1) The idea that humans can not comprehend the true nature of reality
2) The aesthetic (Tentacles, Gibbering, the word "cyclopean")
If you don't like 1, then you must only like 2.
>>
>>44946665

I don't know if it's just me or what but I'm noticing a big Giger influence in the structure there.
>>
>>44948470
there's many things going into it and Giger is actually the most indirect of them
>>
>>44948429
ah,you REALLY must not like to read because i already addressed that
"1" essentially is a "jesus touch", where you must believe it before it can take any effect. That's simply not a drug anywhere near strong enough for me. If it cannot over power my logical skepticism then it literally has no merit as a mind fuck. Simply "believing it" will not alleviate this because i already know once i stop believing it loses all power. That's why i dislike it. I even stated in the very same post how i wish it was more powerful and less "believe in the magic".
Which means all that's left is "2" which is probably how you derive your conclusion, which is already incorrect.
>>
>>44948429

I like his all chthonic thing and the mystery of the ancient world darkness.

I find the old testament and Greek myths pretty scary.
>>
>>44948538

I'm actually really strongly seeing the typical Giger "tube in tube over tube by tube through tube along tube" aesthetic.

looks really damn cool in that rough style, too.
>>
>>44945971
This is Derleth, isn't it?
>>
>>44948554
It must be nice never going out of your comfy little place, watching pop science shows made for kids and the easily amused and thinking the world makes sense.
>>
>>44948669
is that seriously all you could come up with....?
its like im talking to a child
>>
>>44948554
then what do you like aside from 2?
>>
>>44948669
I figured it out actually, this is a "Rationalist" they get pretty damn up their own asses over this stuff
>>
File: Dankest.png (169KB, 337x422px) Image search: [Google]
Dankest.png
169KB, 337x422px
>>44946229

You mean like how in the game, The Darkest Dungeon mankind is actually just "errant flesh" cast off from the beating heart at the center of the world that somehow managed to gain a will of its own, and those that worship said heart the most fervently begin reverting back into tentacled monstrosities?
>>
>>44948698
The despair. The inevitability. The melancholy of powerlessness. The idea of cruel dark gods makes sense in reality. There's Entropy. There's the inevitable heat death of the universe. Time runs out and everything ends in silence. Brutal. Morbid. No bright Future.
>>
>>44948614
yeah but there's also, for instance 'bones knotted together", which is totally a Beksinski or Dan Seagrave thing.
Also there's some Mark Tedin
and some SotC design works.
>>
>>44948768
oh yeah that thing that can't affect us in any fathomable way
>>
>>44948694
>implying I'm the guy you've been arguing so far
Nice to see that I was right, you are an ignorant fucktard.
>>
>>44948830
that, however, is measurable, and even counterable.

>>44948837
doesnt matter, i was directly addressing your post
>>
>>44946867
> All things that effect us can be understood and comprehended

You cannot empirically prove empiricism. That's Hume for you.
>>
>>44948945
again, the fuck are you on about? I havent even pulled large, hardly used words out of my ass to whip out at you in the hopes it confuses you.
Nothing i have said has not been presented in such a way that you can read it and comprehend it. Mind doing the same?
>>
>>44948735
>https://soundcloud.com/powerupaudio/darkest-tip-bonus-b?in=powerupaudio/sets/darkest-dungeon-the-ancestral
That is pretty cool.

In my games, I've always struggled to conceptualise what is it that makes people go mad in Lovecraft (I know it supposed to be unimaginable), but that comes pretty close.
>>
>>44948901
You are still wrong. See>>44948945
>>
>>44949018
>i cannot put it into digestible context because i dont understand wtf i even said
gotcha
>>
>>44949003
>>44949039
So you can't even understand what>>44948945
said. Thanks for making my point for me. Which was, if you missed it, that you are an uneducated idiot who thinks he knows everything despite it clearly not being the case. Was that simple enough for you?
>>
>>44948637
It has the fucking a rotten corpse smell of Derleth, so I would guess it is.
>>
>>44949332
Absolutely not.
I will not take the time to understand all the intricacies and connotations of a rarely used word when it can be explained with out using said word.
Your inability to explain with out said word as if its a magical plot device shows the weakness of your argument, not its strength. You fail Einsteins simplicity test. (google it, faggot)
The idiot here is you.
>>
>>44950941
>I DON'T HAVE TIME TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAYING
Lookit this junior intellectual.
You don't know what empirical means?
>>
File: 1442561433622.jpg (664KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1442561433622.jpg
664KB, 1600x1200px
>>44945810
God I wish we could get the French and German versions in English. Goddamn do I ever.
>>
File: press.png (433KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
press.png
433KB, 640x800px
>>44950941
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE VOICE OF REASON ON THIS BOARD. AND IT IS I!
>>
File: shoggh05.jpg (322KB, 792x631px) Image search: [Google]
shoggh05.jpg
322KB, 792x631px
>>
>>44945810
Chaosium's used some of that monster artwork in one of their own supplements. Which is nice.

Opens the way for using more in their other books.
>>
>>44947128
You have no appreciation for how alien quantum physics is or how incomprehensible things of the 4th dimension and beyond would be, do you?

Physics isn't infallible. It's just how we think things work. That doesn't mean that's necessarily how it works.
>>
>>44956874
Thus cthulhu is real.
>>
>>44946229
Technically we are. In the mythos we're so incredibly psionic that we subconciously form reality to our ideology, namely order on all levels. Yeah, all that shit about physics and general relativity? It only works because a cast majority of humans believe it does. We're a blight spot on the actual order of the universe which is chaos and fundamental unknowality except by creatures therein. Believing that things like god, gravity, "proper" 3 dimensional geometry, right and wrong actually pushed things like the outer gods out of our general territory simply because they, at the time didn't understand the rules we placed down for our version of reality to exist. This is also why things like starring at "true" creatures of the universe make us go insane to some degree simply because our only exposure to the universe at large is what we created and finding out all of that, including us right down to our souls, is a lie we created to cope.
In the mouth of madness movie touches on this alot by having the writer slowly unveil the true concepts of the universe book by book until a slow niggling bit of our mind knew to be true the actual universe. It was enough to drive some insane even though the knowledge was barely any and firmly placed where you weren't conciously aware of it. The tipping point happened when the people who knew his books and its knowledge outweighed the people who knew the bible, which in that setting was the order we forced on the universe, causing Our reality to weaken letting the abominations in.
>>
>>44957033
Because that exactly what the sentiment was implying, right?
>>
>>44947280

That's an Elder Thing.
>>
>>44958252
You are the only one discussing that pic, anon.
We were talking about the Mi-go. >>44917837
>>
File: Migo.png (4MB, 1213x1581px) Image search: [Google]
Migo.png
4MB, 1213x1581px
>>44958252
He's referring to one of the linked images.

This fucker.
>>
>>44952718
>German version
Huh?
>>
>>44957135
> In the mythos we're so incredibly psionic that we subconciously form reality to our ideology, namely order on all levels.

Where the hell are you getting this from?
>>
File: CoC_QS_DE handout.png (3MB, 1753x3720px) Image search: [Google]
CoC_QS_DE handout.png
3MB, 1753x3720px
>>44958919
Pegasus, the German license, has been putting out high quality for over a decade now. They redo the whole design, make their own scenarios, and translate only what makes sense in context. Their stroke of genius was the leather bound edition. They have also been buying Launet's art for years.

pic related is the handout from the German 6e quickstart.
>>
>>44956874
It's impossible to say if something is infallible unless you speak from the standpoint of something that truly IS infallible.
What is the only thing in existence that is infallible that you can build all assumptions off of with 100% certainty? There is litterally only one thing.
Hint: most idiots fail at it
Hint2: /tg/ (as well as many many things on this site) wouldnt exist with out it or its discovery.
>>
>>44959466
HFY threads I presume.
>>
>>44957135
>In the mythos we're so incredibly psionic that we subconciously form reality to our ideology,

So we're orks?
>>
File: goomicon01.jpg (184KB, 497x600px) Image search: [Google]
goomicon01.jpg
184KB, 497x600px
>>
>>44948735
That sounds lifted right out Xenoblade/gears.
>>
File: evoc01.jpg (735KB, 800x1136px) Image search: [Google]
evoc01.jpg
735KB, 800x1136px
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.