[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As far as tabletop stuff goes, what's the angriest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 49

File: 1438167784113.jpg (17KB, 280x287px) Image search: [Google]
1438167784113.jpg
17KB, 280x287px
As far as tabletop stuff goes, what's the angriest you've ever been?
>>
One time I rolled a 1 and I was like "aw, man!"
>>
Whenever I step on a dice
>>
>>44928336
IT'S A DIE YOU PLEB
DICE IS THE PLURAL
>>
>>44926487
My barbarian got teamkilled because the wizard was doing something retarded. He then proceeded to get the party wiped by not helping in combat, running like a coward, and falling out of a window to die of fall damage and bleed out on the street.

That's not what pissed me off. What actually made me angry was that I didn't even get an apology or a "my bad" or something. No, the wizard insisted it was somehow my fault that he and he alone fucked everything up. I was, am, and forever will be mad about it.
>>
>>44928390
not in the 21st century it ain't
language is a living thing that evolves, faggot
either you accept it, or i'll attack your ugly face throwing one dice at a time
>>
>>44926487
When my friends got me to invest heavily in multiple Warhammer 40k armies through nostalgia and breaking out my old books.

Then I began to read the brb and codexes as I assembled and painted several armies. My anger and disgust grew until I eventually ebay'd 75% of the shit I bought.

That game is terrible, and my friends are assholes.
>>
>>44928609
What are you, some kind of coaster using faggot?
>>
File: 73535ye3y55uy35yu3.gif (667KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
73535ye3y55uy35yu3.gif
667KB, 500x263px
>>44926513

I wanna game with this guy.
>>
>>44928795
What state?
>>
Probably some Risk game. Fuck that game
>>
>>44926487
When I played a half a year long AdEva game where I never got to develop my character, was stripped of 99% of player agency, and the ending invalidated the party's actions.

Doesn't help that the system is absolute shit and completely fails to capture what makes Eva interesting.
>>
>>44926513
One time I rolled a one so I choked the GM to death with it and skinned him to make a suit. Now I am the GM. All the GMs, thanks to the mystic powers imbued in the arcane stitching.
>>
>>44928609
>not in the 21st century it ain't
Uh yes it is faggot.
>>
>>44929101
Eva games don't tend to have that much player agency (at least for pilots), and that kind of carriers over from the TV series. Played straight it doesn't work well as a tabletop game. But tell me about this ending.
>>
File: Poor guy.png (433KB, 326x600px) Image search: [Google]
Poor guy.png
433KB, 326x600px
>>44926487
When GW put this bloke under the stairs.
>>
File: Gretchin.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gretchin.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>Tell my brother to clean up his orks
>he doesn't
>come in from night shift
>enter our shared room barefoot
>step on a squad of pic related
I was a little upset
>>
>>44929757
This is exactly what the emperor did to his sons and look how that turned out
>>
>>44929736
>>44929101

Currently in a sort-of AdEva game, but we're all playing the support staff doing the espionage/detective intrigue related to the metaplot rather than running the pilots. During the angel fights we do get to provide support information/equipment/tactics in battle, but the fight itself is never the main focus.
>>
>>44929826
That's pretty brutal. I can't tell you how many times I've cut my hand on my fucking metal tyranids. Every angle on those motherfuckers is like razor sharp.
>>
"Oh anon, I'm gonna GM, really! I just need another week, ___ came up"

it's been over a year, man. things don't miraculously come up every single time our group is supposed to get together.
>>
>>44929736
Well...
While we, the players, only found out most of this near the ending, the whole premise was built around the concept of a cycle. There's a God who plays a "game" of some sort, which was presented as a simple chessboard. Said game cannot be "solved" in any manner, and it must continue for all eternity. The God can shape the game in any kind of world they desire, even one devoid of strife and conflict, but eventually it has to be wiped clean and started anew. The GM never explained why the God has to do that beyond "that's a rule".

Now, one of the pilots was some kind of avatar of said God. Her entire backstory was a fabrication, and she just popped into existence at some point, but she was not aware of this. As a result, any attempts from her player to poke at her backstory were met with a wall.

Anyway, that was the context. Now, the ending. After defeating all the Demons and the designated MC acquiring the not-S2 engine, the party was pitted against an Angel trapped in an Eva. Said Angel used to be a pilot who "died" some time prior. (player had scheduling problems, decided to drop out) This was orchestrated by the commander in an attempt to attract God's wrath. Whether it's the same God playing the game, or another avatar thereof is unclear, but overall it seems to be the latter.

cont.
>>
>playing in a long running game.
>level up at the GM'S say so when we complete milestones on the story arc.
>due to extra work load at work I have to miss one game in three over the summer.
>somehow, SOMEHOW, level ups get handed out on three of the games I'm out for.
>"sorry anon you weren't there for that session you don't get a level this time. I'll make sure you get in on the next one."
>5 levels behind the rest of the players by the time I said fuck it and walked out.

I honestly don't know why I didn't walk out sooner.
>>
>>44930129
The Angel got wrecked, and God was mad. The next logical step is going to Hell, of course, with God giving chase. Hell was loosely based on the Divine Comedy interpretation of it.

I should stop here to note that aside from the godsend girl, all of the pilots were reincarnated souls of sinners, "dislodged" from their respective circles of Inferno by Second Impact. That was used by the GM as an excuse for all of the staff to treat them like shit, without telling them why. Not that the one innocent girl was treated any better.

Either way, they made their way through Hell, to the walls of Dis. The choice here was twofold. Open the gate, releasing souls of the sinners, which in turn would set them ablaze, and blast the approaching God with hellfire, or keep the gate closed, which would keep the souls confined, but intact. Punish or forgive. After some deliberation we settled on the latter, only to have God football tackle through the wall right afterwards.

At that point it was revealed that one of the Evas is literally Lucifer, and its pilot pretty much signed his death warrant in exchange for more power for the upcoming boss battle.

God got wrecked, and Satan-Eva had to be subdued forcibly, almost but not quite killing the pilot in the process. After that, the MC girl was told to literally consume Lucifer's body with her Eva. She did so, and... ascended to godhood.

cont, there's more of this than I thought.
>>
I actually have a funny story of this
>Playing Super Hero game
>Here about a villian super with an aura that makes people act more wild or like animals, so fighting, eating, and fucking in the street
>My character is tracking this guy down with the party
>When he's somewhat nearby DM says that my character sees a naked lady and us getting turned on
>DM says to take 2 mind damage
>Refuse and shout NO
>Everyone lels

The joke is I thought the DM was doing the naked lady thing as a way to weaken my character against the bad guy, but it was actually the bad guys influence that made me do that. I had no idea why it took me do long to figure that out, but we all had a laff.
>>
>>44930401
Once she met the current God, an old lady playing glorified chess, she was told that she's merely taking her place, and perpetuating the cycle. She can create whatever worlds she wants, as mentioned before, but she will slowly go mad and give in to repetition, or something of the sort.

Back on Earth, the remaining pilots make the trip back to ground level, only to discover everyone's gone, and the world as a whole is dying. The newly appointed God shows up to say her farewells, somebody gets friendzoned, nobody is happy. In the end, she decides to wipe the slate clean again, as there is nothing left in that world.

That was the ending. The alternative, had we chosen to open the gates, would in fact break said cycle, but also likely doom humanity and make the God girl into a world pillar of some sort. Basically eternal torment.

We were all mad, and we still are. Mad enough to make our own Eva system and start a new campaign without the previous GM.
>>
I get mad at That GM.

>bans two-handed weapons because reasons
>bans clerics because no gods (he actually wears a fedora)
>every NPC that gives quests is secretly a god (despite above)
>said npcs will always swoop in to steal the spotlight, whether to prevent a tpk or to kill the bbeg because "he was toying with you"
>SJW setting up to 11 I'm pretty liberal and shit but God Damn I think I've met more gay and trans characters in his games than straight, and that includes the monsters
>my little pony references out the ass, up to and including a humanized ponyville wholesale, no name changes, and in what was supposed to be a serious war game
>has mocked us while handing out loot

Glad I dropped his shitty game.
>>
>>44928609
the singular is die.
I say so. I lie in the 21st century. you are outvoted
>>
>>44928440
Report him to the local wizardry board, get his licence revoked.
>>
>>44928673
Now it is.

It once was good.
>>
>>44930678
>>44929487
get with the time gramps
>>
>>44930129
>>44930401
>>44930587
>aside from the godsend girl, all of the pilots were reincarnated souls of sinners, "dislodged" from their respective circles of Inferno by Second Impact.
This, along with the trip through Hell, actually sounded like a pretty cool idea. Sounds pretty shit though, I can almost hear the choo-choo from the railroad.

>>44929865
Cool idea, that's one way to add agency to the game. How's that going? I've actually tried going with the opposite approach, getting rid of most elements of the metaplot players wouldn't generally get a say in.
>>44928609
Where are you from that dice is singular? That sounds completely ridiculous to me.
>>
>>44930877
The GM had cool ideas for a story, but not for a tabletop campaign. Actual in-depth interaction between pilots was scarce, the MC had the least agency of them all, and one of the pilots spent approximately a third of the campaign in medical.
>>
>>44930877
>>44930964
I should also mention that two pilots were PROHIBITED from interacting with one another at one point, because one of them (the one that got friendzoned in the ending) developed feelings for the other.
>>
>>44926487
I ate my character sheet once after my character got autokilled in the first round of combat in the first session.
>>
>>44929012
AAAAAAAAAAA FUCKING RISK.

Played that shit for the first time with a friend of mine who is an apparent fucking master at that game and he oh so smugly kicked my shit in, in less than 30 minutes.

Most heated I think any board game has ever made me.
>>
File: 80cc2qz.jpg (9KB, 202x250px) Image search: [Google]
80cc2qz.jpg
9KB, 202x250px
>>44926487
When another player gave me my very first character death, killing a character I'd been playing for a year because I (an unarmed martial artist) tried to hide instead of helping him (an armed gunman) fight a T-rex.
>>
>>44930646
>Glad I dropped his shitty game.
You should have just killed him; I don't think any living man would consider him human, so it doesn't count as murder.
>>
>>44930646
I would have dropped it at the no clerics because lol no gods.

How long did you suffer through that?
>>
>>44926487
I once threw a guy out of our group for using a handtowel to wipe his ass with.

Until then, he'd been an OK guy.
>>
>>44931006
>>44930964
>Excessive time in medical
>Prohibiting meaningful character interaction
Like, was he actually trying to prevent roleplaying? How do you spend that much time in medical anyway? It really does sound like he was trying to write a novel here.
>>
>>44931403
>I once threw a guy out of our group for using a handtowel to wipe his ass with.
That is worse than not using a coaster. 6 year old kids know better than that.
>>
>>44931444
No kidding.

My wife folds these little faggoty towels, that hang in the guest bathroom.. That look pretty, but aren't meant to be used.

He was the only one to go in there. I asked him about it. Because my wife found the towel stuffed behind the shower curtain.

He said " oh, the towel? No. I didn't see it."

Fucker.
>>
Not me, but a guy who used to play at the store I go to would commonly smash some of his models when he lost, ate the head of one too. And no, he probably does not make enough to consistently buy new ones
>>
>>44931403
W-wut?
>>
>>44931441
Based on my AdEva experience, it's not that hard. We were as OP as the system allowed at the time, and we still got bashed around plenty. The point man especially.

What doesn't make sense to me is not getting mutual RP time while you're laid up in the hospital. Usually there'd be a couple of us in there at a time, and if not it's hardly a stretch that you'd go visit your injured teammate.
>>
>>44930646
>lots of gay characters
This reminds me of something that happened a while back.

Basically the DM was really good at doing NPC voices, but tended to do stereotypical gay voices for some reason. After we had met about 5 gay npc's in a row, one of the girls in the party asked, "What the hell, is everybody in this whole city gay?"

Before I could stop myself, I responded "Only since you arrived"

In any case, people who inject politics and their own shitty tastes into a game are easy to make fun of.
>>
>>44931441
>Like, was he actually trying to prevent roleplaying?
He discouraged anything that would get us off his rails by a significant amount.
>How do you spend that much time in medical anyway?
It was several stays added together, if I recall. The first one was at the very first fight, when the player had to leave early, and it was written off as his character passing out in the entry plug. It also came with a lengthy stay in medical, though. I can't recall the rest, but they were similarly too long.
>>
>>44931500
I suspect the wife.
She did it and blamed it on an innocent.

( I hope you punched the guy)
>>
File: Damn Son.jpg (61KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Damn Son.jpg
61KB, 640x640px
>>44931567
>"Only since you arrived"
>>
>>44931403
No tp?
Or wtf?

This is why I only play online.
>>
>make a neutral good cleric
>rest of the party ranges from chaotic stupid to chaotic neutral
>I start to lean lawfuk in contrast
>we come to a town heading towards a mountain range where our quest leads. We need a map to explore it.
>the chaotic stupid one decides to convince the blacksmith's son to run away from home in order to lead us through the trail.
>my character finds out as we are about to leave. The npc has drawn a map
>my character takes his map and tells him that going out there will get him killed. When he insists I bully him away
>npc calls me a jerk and gives up
>rest of the group goes "wtf that's pretty out of character."
>GM says I should change my alignment to chaotic
>mfw I just saved this kids life from the rest of my party, who had gotten several npcs killed before.

I hate when people think a chaotic character can do anything a player whims but a lawful character can't step on the line without losing god's support or some crap. Especially after putting up with stupid's constant attempts to make every encounter or plot direction about him or some obtuse plan of his in some way.
>>
>>44928859
Fuck, just noticed I clicked the wrong post

Dumb phone

Meant for >>44928821
>>
File: smug.jpg (40KB, 640x527px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
40KB, 640x527px
>>44931567
>"only since you arrived"
>>
File: 1450829945960.jpg (63KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1450829945960.jpg
63KB, 1200x900px
>>44931567
Cap this
>>
>>44931882
What, is your prtsc button broke?
>>
>>44926487
When I rolled too high on the 'control' portion of a spell to blast open my shackles.

The GM declared that I blasted my wrists and broke them because I put too much power into it.
>>
>>44931907
Not on my phone I don't and the screengrab shit too low quality
>>
File: smug.jpg (168KB, 700x676px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
168KB, 700x676px
>>44931567
>>
File: 1453428965461.jpg (72KB, 533x533px) Image search: [Google]
1453428965461.jpg
72KB, 533x533px
>>44926487
I... I can't remember anymore. Too many times.
>>
>Work on two races through two editions (D&D started off in 2e), inspired by the Kazinti and such and Palladium's Wolfen.
>finally get cultures tuned towards Maya-Aztec-Cambodian style shit, and Seljuks.
>ask for help stating and fleshing out deities (by now 3.5)
>Catbodtecya turned into jap flavored OP shits
>Wolfturks turned into yiff yiff jokes
>There is no accurate picture which shows how much rage I still have at it 8 years later.
>>
D&D is my phylactery, and I get real fuckin' pissed whenever a session gets cancelled.
>>
File: 1444085231720.jpg (30KB, 524x336px) Image search: [Google]
1444085231720.jpg
30KB, 524x336px
>let a guy who claimed to have lots of experience playing D&D into our 6 man college group
>rolls a dragonborn psiwarrior or some shit
>complains when he can't 1v1 the campaign boss
I wish people like that would just die
>>
>>44931095
God damn. That's actually pretty funny.
>>
File: 1448433324525.jpg (51KB, 433x436px) Image search: [Google]
1448433324525.jpg
51KB, 433x436px
> Be a poorfag teenager
> Go to a friend's house to play WH40K
> He doesn't have a big enough table
> Insists that we use his garage floor
> Make him swear to be careful around the minis
> Set up the whole thing
> Place the armies
> Not even 10 minutes into the game he shoots my mawloc at full force
> It shatters and goes to every corner of the garage
> We stay at least 10 seconds in awe
> I slowly pick up the pieces and pack all my stuff up, trying not to drown the poor clumsy friend in insults
>>
>>44933392
>> Not even 10 minutes into the game he shoots my mawloc at full force
>shoots
How.
>>
>>44933468
Presumably hits it while throwing dice
>>
>>44933477
>not having a tray to roll dice
Forwhatpurpose
>>
>>44933468
He was walking near the game and just shot it like a ball with his foot
He was that clumsy and oblivious
>>
>>44933599
Shot? Don't you mean kicked?

Sorry, but I've never heard the word "shot" used to describe hitting something with your foot.
>>
>>44933632
I can't into english today, sorry
Yeah, he kicked my metal mini, the hardest mini that i had to glue together
>>
>40K, playing 6th ed BRB with 5th ed Necrons vs. Ultrasmurfs
> Overlord dies in CC
> Opponent consolidates his squad, carefully placing them so that if I make the reanimation roll, I can't legally place the model.
> He then shares his "strategy" with everyone in the FLGS, so they all do it too.
>>
>>44933723
Shit son, was it reparable or completely borked?
>>
>>44930646
>bans clerics because no gods
I keked a little
>>
>>44933742
Never bothered to try yo glue it together again, I stopped the hobby after that
>>
>>44933763
Jesus; call your friend a faggot, courtesy of /tg/, if you still know him.
>>
>>44933632
I have, but only in soccer.
>>
>>44931568
I'm the player who was sent to medical, so I'm goig to expand upon this stuff.

I had to leave early mostly because the fight was starting to take too long to resolve and I was tired. It was 3 AM if I recall, my time that is.

So I had to drop out, and I'm not upset about medical THAT time...

It's the fact that then I spent most of my time in medical because despite my efforts, I was rarely here for the end of the fight because EVERY fight took six hours.
Even when the player with schedule problems dropped out. The final session ended at 6 AM my time.

Every fight was an horrible slog, and I played the glorified meat shield class that is Assault. When I actually found something that let me help decently in the form of Grappling and Hold Still, the next fight was against something immune to grappling.

Do you know how it feels to be Toji? Because I do. I even got cucked due to the MC being forced to become a god and go to "heaven". Thanks.
>>
>>44931383
About 1 & 1/2 to 2 years.

I finally quit because he 1) had a godmode npc kill steal us for the third time in a row, 2) had said npc pity me in character, and 3) when npc gave me a vorpal sword to "make up for it", the GM said, "It's not like you ever crit anyway."

Fucking asshole.
>>
>>44931403
Once had a guy shit himself and hide the underwear in my bathroom so we wouldnt notice. Like, cmon. Guy was usually alright otherwise too.
>>
File: 1428649985994.jpg (27KB, 620x406px) Image search: [Google]
1428649985994.jpg
27KB, 620x406px
I had a player that was finicky about how much everything cost and put up an argument whenever money was mentioned.
One time we argued back and forth for about 3 minutes and evnetually I just handwaved it and that was that.

That's about as bad as it's ever gotten.

Although if we count outside-of-game politics we've had an extremely manipulative player try to tear the group apart socially and ultimately succeed, so that pissed me off a fair bit.
>>
File: 1446959932269s.jpg (3KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
1446959932269s.jpg
3KB, 124x125px
>>44928609
>>
>>44930646
You have my pity
>>
>>44932188
get mad. what did you expect?
>>
>>44926487
>don't loot the tomb of the villagers rogue
>you can loot the boss
>Don't loot the tomb of the villagers rogue!
>It's not even masterwork they died protecting the village, our village
>the next encounter
>rogue, I'm only going to ask this once
>why am I cursed

so I was pretty pissed in game, but out of game I 100% expected this and had already come to terms with it
>>
File: 1362405182066.jpg (42KB, 278x417px) Image search: [Google]
1362405182066.jpg
42KB, 278x417px
>>44926487
>send multiple group texts/skype messages stating the game is this week
>2 out of 6 players show up
>only one of the four bothered to message me saying he can't come
>message everyone again asking to state if you cant come at the start of the week I do it
>happens again, person who messaged me last time doesn't message though
>this happens yet one more time
>question the four faggots who don't come in person later
>person who messaged had an absurd amount schoolwork and actually shut down all sources of outside contact to focus, but didn't inform me about it. told one of the other players that didn't come, somehow neither remembered to ask another player to tell me they aren't coming.
>two got my messages about it
>they just "didn't feel" like messaging me back or some bullshit.
>last one just up and quit and didn't bother telling anyone in the group

I'm known for over-exaggerating being mad at things, usually on purpose.
I got so mad I just shut down. I was on an autopilot of "it's fine".

It may be petty, but...
The two that just didn't feel up to either game or even send me a message are getting really hyped about hosting a game they've wanted to do for years. I promised I'd be there. guess what's gonna happen

The sad/mad part is the all the players that didn't show up are the ones that requested me to host this in the first place. Otherwise I'd care a lot less.
>>
>>44935453
You aren't wrong in being mad anon. I would also be fuming...
>>
>>44935453
Thats what you get when you forgot about putting points into charisma
>>
File: angrybird.jpg (589KB, 800x1046px) Image search: [Google]
angrybird.jpg
589KB, 800x1046px
>Left my tau army at a friends house
>One of his friends visited next weekend or something and found them
>Asks if he can "modify" them
>Other friend says yes and lets him go to town
>Come back a few weeks later to find my fire warriors had been gouged with a scalpel to make them look battle scarred
Fuck both of those guys
>>
>>44933733
>getting angry at someone outplaying you
>5 ed crons
That guy detected
>>
File: ang2.jpg (260KB, 800x1046px) Image search: [Google]
ang2.jpg
260KB, 800x1046px
>>44936092
>>
>>44936092
Solution; don't trust your friends

Trust no one.
>>
>>44936284
What about myself?
>>
>>44936308
Especially yourself
>>
>>44931882
It's not *that* good, man.
>>
>>44926487
>Star Wars d20 - Rebellion Era
>Two months of pointless scut work, intended to keep us busy spinning our wheels so the GM doesn't have to spend more than 30 seconds prep-time or have us interact with Star Wars Canon or the setting in any way.
>GM rehashes the worst of his bad habits developed by D&D 3.5
>Push hard to stop doing meaningless crap and start some kind of story.
>Babby's First Dungeon Crawl through Imperial Stormtrooper barracks: Kick in door, Startle 1d6-1 imperial storm troopers in 10x10 rooms. Roll initiative. Combat. Repeat
>Tell GM I (and other players) are dissatisfied that every session is pointless time waste. We want to join the Rebellion and do Star Wars type stuff.
>On way to Rebellion contact, attacked by pirate space station in the middle of nowhere. Babby's First Dungeon Crawl through Pirate Space Station.
>Session ends. GM reveals we now have a derelict space station in the middle of nowhere under our control.
>Rather than seeing this as a hard won trophy, I consider the junked space station in the middle of nowhere, and the amount of work we'll have to put into it a giant fucking albatross tied around our neck, intended to keep us busy doing more pointless side-missions for many game sessions to come.
>I lose my shit. Two months of playing the worst campaign in recent memory, littered with speed bumps intended to keep us contained doing pointless shit so as not to interfere in holy canon, capped off by this giant fucking roadblock, has me spewing unconstrained vitriol all over the poor GM.
>Don't play Star Wars any more.
>Mission Accomplished.
>>
>>44936308
it's you who left the tau army at your friend house, never trust that guy
>>
>>44926487
When That Guy comes up with yet another stupid plan that makes us lose time and endangers our mission for shits and giggles and i stood up and shouted "NO! FUCK YOU! I HAVE ENOUGH OF YOUR INANE PLANS BULLSHIT! SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, AND GET ON WITH THE FUCKING MISSION!"

Things went pretty smooth from that moment on since the game died shortly after
>>
When the DM creeps out the only girl in the group
>>
>>44926487
tau
>>
>>44926487
When age of Sigmar came out and nuked my favorite setting of the past 27 years, then replaced it with faggy shit you would expect to see painted on the side of a van from the 70s
>>
>>44926487
Not even playing myself, but reading some logs of an L5R shadowlands game.

The group was defending a fort, and during an assault by the tainted folk, the enemy commander issued a challenge to the castle because of some earlier stuff where the defenders fucked up. And, since it's L5R, honourable people can't refuse a duel...

Since the player commander was shit at duelling and there was a pitched battle in progress another player volunteered to be his second and fight in his stead.

Normally in honourable duels, the two characters take a turn in advance to use the iajitsu skill or something to see what's the best strike to use, before the actual fight occurs.
The duelist properly faced off against the undead commander, trying to make a judgement. The undead commanders instantly just attacks twice without honour and cuts the duelist down, without any chance to defend.

He then proceeded to order her face be cut off so he could use it as a mask (since he was a crane) while she was still alive, before turning her into an undead, too.

Meanwhile, the siege on the castle was overall unsuccessful and they managed to hold out long enough for the entirety of the castle was purified with jade, but since the dueling character died, the commander (who won the battle through balls to the wall tactics) promptly committed suicide, because that's what you do when your second loses in an honourable duel.

It just really bugged me that the GMs set up such a horrific no-win scenario for the the duelist, especially with with the terrible fate afterwards.
>>
My gaming group tends to measure how good a game is by how much it ruins our friendships.

That being said, the first time we played the Game of Thrones board game I wanted to throw a chair through the window. Silent, white rage settled over me as I lost the game as Lanister on the last turn.

It was a good pain.
>>
File: 1443563081804.jpg (124KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1443563081804.jpg
124KB, 1001x1001px
>>44931567

>>
The most mad I've ever been in an RPG was in a kind of moderate level fantasy in 3.5. Magic and stuff existed but mage colleges were few and far between and were harry potter level of magic. Level 10 or equivalent magic users were rare in the setting as were magic items beyond +1. So one of the player characters was a gruff fighter. He didn't trust magic, found it repulsive and didn't trust anyone who used it either. Me and one other person in the group were magic users, me a sorcerer and the other a bard. And since the bard didn't cast any overt magic he got mostly a pass from the fighter. Which means I was constantly getting verbally shit on by the fighter with 'don't trust you' and 'stay where I can see you scum'. He tried to sell me out at every turn whether it was to highwaymen saying I had sweet loot or exaggerating things I've done to a town guard to try and get them to arrest me. I tried to talk with him a few times about it and asked him to back off on it a bit but he always got defensive about 'playing his character the way he intended it'. It all capped off when we were fighting through a crypt where there were a few animated skeletons, the fighter blaming me for 'this magic bullshit' the whole time, and a pair of flesh golems at the center of it all.

(Cont)
>>
>>44938110
Once they were defeated and burned, a black box in the center of the room opened up, shining an errie purple light out as a necklace with a pendant floated up, the shape of the pendant constantly shifting from one shape to another. And before anyone can react the fighter says he walks up to it, grabs it an puts it on. Cue everyone passing out, having strange dreams about a queen of some nether realm, and when we awake we've already walked ourselves out of the now crumbling crypt. The fighter doesn't seem bothered at all by this, and after asking why the figter would put on such an item without even thinking about it, he just shrugged. I kind of exploded on him calling bullshit on it all with how much he 'hated' magic and 'hated' the sorcerer and how everyone else had already gotten gear or benefits that amped them up and that this was obviously for my character (the DM chiming in and saying that it was intended for the sorcerer) and that him taking it is way out of character when he's been such a stickler about playing 'in character'. His response: 'Well then why don't you take it from me'.

The DM knowing that I was just moments away from pasting his character called the session and we never resumed. (and this happened in person)
>>
>>44938044
Remembered another one. Playing in warhammer fantasy tournament. My pregnant as fuck wife comes in. Her big belly literally wipes a unit of mine off the edge of the board when she turns fast to look at something. She then steps on the models while trying to move away and see what she did.

Wasn't that mad because she is the wife... But pretty flabbergasted
>>
its not magic, not even when the my pod deck got banned, I actually think board game night is the source of most of my salt.

>Playing Terra Mystica
>Get stuck with Witches
>Bout to build my third city on the final round
>Buddy takes the last city marker
>>
>>44926487
When another player killed the game entirely for getting mad at the GM for allowing other players to make class specific skills to catch up to him, cause he rolled a melee class in a game that heavily favors melee characters.

In one instance he got pissy about the caster character having a ranged ability because magic and ranged were different. He later got pissy about the GM allowing the caster to keep it, but relabeled as a magic ability. The GM got tired of the bullshit and stopped showing. The guy was a heavy rulebook reader, and would stop RP for 10-20 minutes at a time to tell us about what we were doing and how it broke the rules, even after the GM said he'd allow stuff.
>>
File: monopoly-logo[1].jpg (64KB, 605x174px) Image search: [Google]
monopoly-logo[1].jpg
64KB, 605x174px
>>44926487
>>
>>44929757
Space Marine got Thunder Warrior'd, yo.
>>
File: 1368310533378.jpg (12KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
1368310533378.jpg
12KB, 210x210px
>>44931567
God damn anon
>>
>>44938110
>>44938122
Additionally, this was 10 sessions in and I had gotten practically nothing lootwise and the GM keep saying that I shouldn't worry that something nice was coming up for me.
>>
>>44938089
Speaking of duels
>About ten years ago, trying to branch out from D&D
>Try out 3rd party d20 minigame Spellslinger, typical D&D fantasy mashed up with Wild West Frontier
>That DM at the helm
>Like the setting and my character, a Pale Rider, sort of Paladin/Psychopomp thing.
>First session is just typical low stakes stuff, getting a feel for the system and setting, interacting with other PCs.
>Second session we're railroaded into duelling with big bad outlaw.
>Go with it.
>Turns out Big Bad Outlaw is actually a vampire, who as an undead and lacking a Con score is immune to the deadly duelling rules.
>Everyone dies (except the Vampire).
>That DM wastes two weeks of our time to prove that he's a power gamer even when he is running the game.
>>
>>44926487
Probably one of my earliest games back in school, and we all were spending the night at the DM's house. I was playing a Rogue and the asshat played Fighter. Anyways,
DM invited a friend of his none of the rest of us knew, but we say whatever cause what are we gonna do, tell him no and to go home? Anyways, we get into the game and it doesn't take long to figure out we should've done that. Guy is a real dick, in and out of game. Everyone tells him both in character and out that he needs to knock that shit off, but he pretty much tells us to fuck off.
I've had enough. When we get to an inn to rest I decide I'm gonna kill this fucker. DM keeps telling me no, but I'm doing it anyways. DM throws all this bullshit at me to stop me:
Somehow the door is locked like it was a King's private treasury room, but luck preserves with a Nat 20
When I open the door, DM decides the fucker put cans infront of the door, and has him roll a Listen check to wake up, which he fails.
I then have to roll a Spot check to notice the broken glass he put ALL OVER THE FLOOR. Every step from the door to his bed was covered in broken glass.
Then I had to roll for every single step to see if I made a sound on the glass, and every failed roll got the dickass a Listen to wake, which he all failed. He also got rolls for every step regardless because 'it was an old building and the floor is creaky'.
I finally get to his bed, and apparently he went to sleep in full fucking armor, head to fucking toe in full plate. Yeah, sure, ok. Nevermind the fact he didn't even have full plate before. But whatever, I'm determined.
Motherfucking Sneak Attack+Coup de grace his ass.
Instagib the motherfucker. Or so I thought.
Turned out it was a body double, and he was never in the room to begin with. At that point I just knocked the board and everything off the table, said fuck this, called my mom to take me home and never played with that DM again.
>>
File: Nose.jpg (47KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Nose.jpg
47KB, 250x250px
>>44930389

I don't get this type of story, and it seems to be taken for granted here a lot.

If a player can't attend for some reason, do certain GMs simply pretend that their PC goes AWOL and may never return, rather than RP them as ill or injured - silent, but still in the party - for a session?

Why? That just strikes me as both lazy and offensive.
>>
I was once a little miffed when I disagreed with the DM.
>>
File: absolutely inhuman.png (207KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely inhuman.png
207KB, 600x453px
No specific instance, but I've recently realized that Pathfinder is my trigger.

Even though it was my first game after being exposed to so many other systems and being forced to play it with my group I realized how broken, unbalanced, and needlessly complex it is. Now seeing people recommending the game or talking about how good it is makes me irrationally angry. I think it's mostly because there are alternatives like 13th Age or FantasyCraft that do the same thing and aren't clusterfucks ruleswise, but somehow PF remains one of the most popular games.
>>
>>44934799
Gotta be the same guy.

Was this in Kansas?
>>
File: 06 (2).jpg (44KB, 201x268px) Image search: [Google]
06 (2).jpg
44KB, 201x268px
>spend 5/10/12 fucking hours/days/weeks building a set of plot points/map/dungeon/world/setting
>group doesn't fucking play
>when they make a token effort it's just to act like retards in game and kill themselves without getting to any actual content
Good friends=/=good group.
>>
>>44928609
Literally argumentum at anno.
>>
>>44926487
>what's the angriest you've ever been?
hmm, that's hard, either it was back in WH40k 3rd edition when I went up against this prick of a rules lawyer who played the most janky-ass eldar army you've ever seen.

or it may well be any time I try to play Star Wars: Armada...

...that is such a frustrating game...
>>
>>44938324
>being this fucking autistic
>>
I played a cleric who was a closet Zarus worshipper who just told anyone, including the DM and party that I worshipped the human pantheon and that all humans that have acsended to god status are worthy of looking up to. DM saw I had written down Zarus as my patron diety and threw an elvish hit squad at me when I was praying in a church of pelor. I was level 3, he openly stated they were 10+ and wasn't going to take me alive. Died on first turn, didn't let me roll initiative. Made me pretty salty.
>>
When I was little my mum and brother were kicking my ass at Ludo. Like all my pieces got caught and I had to start from the beginning. I literally flipped the table and stormed out in tears. What a little shit I was.
>>
>>44940119
Can I steal that concept?
>>
>>44940119
Should have told the DM what you were doing, I don't know why you wanted to trick the DM of all people.
But how he reacted was dickish.
>>
one of the first few sessions i ever played, one of my good IRL friends got gold for something we did (and the rest of us werent around) and he mother fuckin pocketed some of it... he was a druid not a thief!! idk i was still new to RPGs then, I try not to be the angry person at the table
>>
>>44940233
I wasn't trying, Zarus respected all human gods which is what i wanted to do but with mechanics. Plus I just liked the greatsword favored weapon so I kept him as my patron.
>>
>>44938683
Typically if someone mentions ahead of time that they'll be absent, my DM just assumes they're off doing something else that's worth about as much exp as the party got during the session. They do miss out on calling first dibs on whatever loot we find though, and get stuck with what's left, but I always thought that much was fair enough.
>>
>>44940233
Not him but it said on his sheet who he worshiped.

Also fuck DMs who don't read sheets. I got super angry one game where the DM put us in a sticky situation we weren't supposed to be able to get out of but with my items we could get out. DM didn't read my sheet and just said "Oh, well you don't have that anymore."

Fucking shithead.
>>
I was like 13, friend derrailed the story. I got so mad that I told him he died from a meteor strike.

Next session I apologised and retconned it saying it had actually been a healing meteor strike.

He gained 1d6+1 hp.
>>
>>44940119
It was on your sheet? He didn't look it over?
>>
>>44940119
Did you play a human nazi or something? Did it affect your gameplay at all?
>>
>rogue trader
>navigator wants to fry a guy when he could just shoot him
>warns everyone in high gothic for roll bonus
>I don't speak high gothic
>face melts off

Still mad
>>
>>44940368
From session 0

>>44940390
Not really, just fuck yeah humanity and only using wands to heal non humans instead of actually spells.
>>
>>44940337
>the DM put us in a sticky situation we weren't supposed to be able to get out of but with my items we could get out
see, while I am guilty of forgetting what's on my player's sheets, if that happened where I put them in a difficult situation and one of them had an item I forgot about that got them out of it without trouble, I'd probably say that they were clever and leave it at that.

Because for me, I like it when players come up with creative solutions to problems, and bringing items along to solve those problems is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about because that would require planning ahead. I don't understand why your GM was so damn upset.

was he hoping you'd guys would get stuck? how do you advance the plot then?

I'm confused.
>>
>>44940487
We ended up getting captured by guards and brought before some noble which forced us to do something for him in return for not having us executed for breaking in.
>>
>>44940772
well, if he wanted you to work for the noble you were stealing from there are alternate ways to get you there. without punishing the players for being creative.

like pull an inception-type scenario:

A few days later the same noble summons the party and tells them this: "I know you were the ones who stole from me, but you also didn't get caught in my traps, that is not an easy thing to do, so instead of calling the guard, I'm going to offer you a job, do this and not only will I let you keep what you stole from me, but I will match it's value in payment as well. What do you say?"

Who's going to say "no" to an offer like that?
>>
One time I was DMing and a chick that I used to fuck (and who demanded I stopped fucking her) had a sloppy three-way makeout session with another girl at the table and one of the other guys. Right in front of me, right in the middle of a session.

Later she told me she was being disruptive on purpose because I wouldn't fuck her after she told me she couldn't fuck me ever again. People like her are why girls aren't generally welcome on game night...
>>
>>44939277
Calm down, dude. You're at a 9, and I need you at a 2.
>>
>>44941769
I'll take "things that have never happened" for 100
>>
The time myself and a friend--who were both competent GMs by our and our players' standards--were both going to be away for a weekend but out players still wanted to play. Fuckstick Mcgee was a (terrible) player we had that kept asking to be able to GM a game, so we decided to let him. Queue us returning from the weekend:

>Players: uh, anons, Fuckwiggle Assrimmer kind of screwed up the game
>How?
>He gave everyone ridiculously overpowered magical items (think +10 longswords on level 1 characters) and killed like, three of us
>Fucking what?
>Talk to Retard, ask him what happened and why he did it
>"Oh, I just wanted to fuck with your campaign"

Queue next session, us sitting down with the rest of the players, Dickslurp Shitworshipper is there too, smiling smugly.

>Hey guys, ready to get gaming?
>Definitely
>HEY WHAT ABOUT ALL THE SHIT I DID LAST SESSION LOL
>Oh yeah, me and anon talked it over, and none of that shit ever happened
>... WHAT YES IT DID
>No

And then we moved on.
>>
File: 1453327100674.png (648KB, 1263x861px) Image search: [Google]
1453327100674.png
648KB, 1263x861px
Last time I played 5e with some friends, I spent fucking ages making my character and his background and everything. Then the first damn fight we get in is what's supposed to be a 3 CR goblin with an axe. The fucker got a crit on me and chopped my head off.
I don't mind losing a character at all, but that was like fifteen minutes into the night. We plan these games like three weeks apart. Half the entire purpose of the DM screen is to cheese horrible rolls to keep the game interesting. I think it pissed me off more because I was technically mad he didn't cheat so I couldn't really complain much.
>>
>>44936092

Holy shit your friend is terrible. Can't really blame the guy that did the "modifications" beyond him being an idiot, because he probably had no idea of the personal worth that army had. But your friend, the dude who must have also been interested in the hobby? FUCK. THAT. GUY.
>>
paladin and rogue started arguing because he wouldnt let him kill the goblin enemies in their sleep,despite the gm telling us they were definitely evil and would kill us without hesitation if they were in the same situation

argument took up 30-40 minutes of session time
>>
>>44926487
I didn't get angry, but I got someone else right livid.
>Playing pathfinder's 'Rise of the Runelords' Campaign
>Group is my self, two other guys, the DM and the DM's girlfriend
>DMGF always passive-aggressive with the DM
>She takes the smallest things he says/does and find a reason to snap at him for it
>DM too pussy whipped to defend himself
>this has been going on for the entire two months of weekly sessions
>me and one of the other guys start getting annoyed
>both of us slowly becoming less and less enthusiastic about showing up to a session of DMGF's bitching
>DM announces that we'll be doing an all-nighter session to finish one part of the module in one swoop.
>ohfuckno.jpg
>i reluctantly say ok, mostly because the rest of the group is down to do it and I don't want to be That Guy
>We start at 5pm with the goal of playing until 12 with some breaks in between.
>At first it was good
>but as the hours went by everyone started deteriorating
>DMGF bitchy as fucking usual by the one quarter mark
>We break to get dinner
>told we 'have to meet up in exactly 1 hour'
>Go to fast-food and make it back in time
>play for 3 hours
>start getting antsy from lack of movement/tiredness/DMGF bitching
>everyone else seems to be ignoring it, so I press one
>by 11 I'm near my breaking point
>I ask if we could take another quick break, even if only for 30 minutes
>DM says sure
>DMGF starts bitching
>"no, we can't just break now. We already had a break a few hours ago. Everyone agreed to pull an all-nighter, we aren't going to stop just because one person wants to"
>excuse me bitch?, I thought to myself without actually saying anything and thus avoiding confrontation like a little bitch
>I don't know what the others wanted to do, because the DM just immediately nixed my break suggestion.
>Now she's being bitchy to EVERYONE at the table
>me and the other guy who was tired of her shit just mentally check out of the game.
>eventually I think I actually dozed off
con't
>>
>>44942908
>I get woken up by a shrill voice
>DM and DMGF berate me for dozing off
>mfw I became That Guy because my biological needs betrayed me
>The DM calls it a night anyway, I guess secretly he was tired
>Asshole still scapegoats me for it
>DM and DMGF go to bed, me and the others stay in the guest room
>tfw everyone is thanking me for making the game end early
>the way they see it I was the only one brave enough draw a line in the sand get the players away from the DM's relationship drama

I got my DM and his girlfriend so pissed that everyone got to sleep that night. Woo Hoo.
>>
>>44930646
I'm shocked you tolerated him that long
>>
>>44942429
Feels good
>>
>>44942908
>>44943000

Christ, this is why I wouldn't want any two people in an IRL relationship in a campaign together, even if they're going strong at first. The chance for their relationship and its potential drama to harm the sessions that I look forward to as the high point of my week is just too damn high.

Sorry, GM/Player anon, but no, I don't want your girlfriend or boyfriend in the group.
>>
>>44931500
>My wife folds these little faggoty towels, that hang in the guest bathroom.. That look pretty, but aren't meant to be used.
God dammit this pisses me off. Why the fuck even have a towel if it's not there to dry your hands?
>>
>>44943956
Best part was this was all at his parents' place. They're relatively wealthy so they own a larger house. For the longest time they let the DMGF live there. No, I try not to think about it

The DM ad his gf just moved into an apartment of their own. Somehow they haven't broken up after 2 two years of bickering back and forth like an old jewish couple.
>>
>>44944001
Its a chick thing.

We'll never understand.
>>
>>44944421

The pussy game must be out of this dimension for that to be tolerable.
>>
>>44944001
Mine does soap in a little tray...on both sides of the sink.

It will cause megarage if used.

Must use the liquid soap..the other soap is just for decoration.

Annoying as shit.
>>
File: not a fuckin clue mate.gif (1002KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
not a fuckin clue mate.gif
1002KB, 250x251px
>>44944001
>>44944669
>>
>>44944669
If I knew someone who did that I would replace the decoration soap with a plastic replica and wait to see how long it took for them to realize since they're not supposed to be using it. And then once they realize it ask them how they found out. Did THEY try to use it and find out that it's plastic?
>>
>roll for dick length
>FUCK
>>
>>44944811
You're just mad you didn't pick a half-orc and get the +1d6 to the 2d4 roll.
>>
>Playing L5R
>Decide to try a Courtier school (L5R diplomancer class)
>Build my character, pick social skills, etc
>Do every step with my GM present, let them approve things as they pick it to make sure they're okay with it
>Get into the game
>RP chatting with an NPC
>want to make a roll
>"Anon, I don't use social skills when I run. Just RP it out."
>my character sheet is literally useless and I might as well freeform the rest of the campaign
>ragequit
>>
I finally got my GM to let me play a psion after 5 years of asking.

He drowned in the game. That was fair, I did kind of jump into danger and was asking for, it but I'm a bit peeved cause I did it to motivate the rest of the group to do something other than sit around helplessly staring at these submerged hallways.

Literally ten minutes later, my girlfriend realized her sorcerer with a necklace of adaptation had a bag of holding full of air and enough space for multiple people.
And she picked then to reveal this to us.
>>
>>44944760
Then you're playing into her twisted little game anon.

No no..its better to just ignore the gay towels and soap, and snicker about it.

>married 9 years.
>never used her ornamental soap
>use guest bathroom
>wife still asks " you didn't use the wrong soap did you?"

I know bait. She's waiting for an excuse to be passive aggressive for a month.

IGNORE the soap!!
>>
>>44944972
Or just don't have a relationship with a filthy subhuman who uses decorative towels or soap
>>
>>44945028
>caring about aesthetics
>subhuman

I think you got that backwards, bro
>>
>>44943956
I'd say there are good couples but I'm the only couple in my group and now I'm worried I've been ruining every game night for four years now.

Shit.
>>
>>44945059
>aesthetics
If it serves no purpose then it shouldn't exist. Decorative objects are wastes of space and material.
>>
File: screamingmouse.jpg (7KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
screamingmouse.jpg
7KB, 150x150px
thretened two guys with a gun over a lost game of Catan. the fucker cheated and his GF sucked my friends dick so i was really pissed off and they all took off once I got out my Ruger and they havent been back since so I had to start playing at Barnes and Noble games night and I can't bring my gun in because there's a metal detector which fucking sucks.
>>
>>44945151
If you can't appreciate aesthetics and art and culture, anon, then you are the subhuman.
>>
>>44945028
You can't possibly nitpick on that level and still expect to find a solid relationship. Everyone has stupid flaws. A marriage is an agreement to deal with those flaws indefinitely provided they tolerate yours.
>>
>>44945151
Not him but that's bordering autism.
>>
>>44945162
Usually therapy is a stupid suggestion but please seek therapy.
>>
>>44945327

Why?
>>
>>44945278
No shit.
In return for tolerance of little gay protected soap bars..
I am allowed to have a group of buddies game at our house.
>>
>>44938683
Crimson Skies! Awesome.
>>
File: 480Lidl.gif (151KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
480Lidl.gif
151KB, 500x327px
This happened over the course of the last few months, basically one of our group GM's offered to run a game in an original setting, he had a very basic idea of what he wanted from the setting but no details.
Bunch of colonialists come into not!Egypt and start a conquest, with a chance to play a local.

I opt ot be a local, ask him for some details on the setting so I can work my character into it all properly, he makes it obvious he doesn't have anything planned beyond the vaguest shit.
So, I ask if he wants me to act as a sounding board for ideas.
He asks me to help him come up with shit, I'm fine with that I do it for most my GMs and everyone knows its only suggestions.

So I help him fill out the world a little, he puts fucking nothing into it and just nay-says every suggestion I make while coming up with jack shit himself, until I point out he needs at least some shit to run.
So he takes some of it. We create a pretty interesting world, my character is a slave, with his race having once been the ruling race of the place (And total dicks while at it)
With it being not!Egypt and me being not!Moses, only with more evil intentions I suggest my character be a Eunuch since it gives the leader of the Conquerors a real way to gain my characters love/trust/gratitude rather than it just being a business relationship and them mutually abusing each other, makes total sense, after all you don't want a bunch of potentially dangerous slaves who have innate magical abilities outbreeding your people and reconquering the place. So its careful control of the slaves, purging of children that show signs of being throw backs to the old Ubermensch species they were and things are generally shit for slaves because hey, that's how things roll, he wanted a place where the slaves were shit on and we worked something out together. Yeah I'm putting in more effort than the GM, but no big, it'll make it more fun for everyone right?
>>
File: 1303679661935.jpg (64KB, 500x642px) Image search: [Google]
1303679661935.jpg
64KB, 500x642px
>>44945728
My character is basically very subservient and plays plot device mostly, leading the new comers and not hogging the spotlight at all.
And the game is fun for everyone, everyone is having a bit of a laugh, intrigued by the new, interesting setting (Which I practically built) and things go smoothly.
Then, suddenly, because of the Faggot he is, a few weeks later the game dies on its feet. No reason, no excuse, just LEL BORED NOW, GET FUK'D.
Of course, everyone involved is salty since we put effort into out characters and he put jack shit into the setting, plot or anything else.
So we give him shit for it, because he deserves it, every time he tries to start a new game we point out the last one died like the littlest cancer patient and we don't trust him to run a game that survives.
So this cunt that walks like a man says he stopped running because of me.

Apparently from his version of events you'd think I basically hijacked the game from under him and shat all over his DEEPEST LORE with my own self-insertion fan fiction faction so I could play out my super special race that I'm obviously obsessed with because I was looking forward to playing something that wasn't a human and my secret magical realm castration fetish and ruined the game out of hand, making it impossible for him to run which is totes why it died, honest guv.
In front of the entire group, straight up tries to poison everyone against me as if I'm a problem player, laying all this at my feet and trying to turn him killing his game because he's a lazy cunt, into me smothering it.
>>
File: f7d.jpg (16KB, 255x232px) Image search: [Google]
f7d.jpg
16KB, 255x232px
>>44945151
Look at this fucking barbarian. Look at him and laugh.
>>
File: You are the king.jpg (83KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
You are the king.jpg
83KB, 604x453px
>>44945807
Obviously it was on my shoulders the game died, after I put actual effort into it and went out my way to make it easier for him to run.
Not because he's a passive aggressive faggot that has the attention span of an autistic goldfish, can't plan further than the tip of his micro-dick, world build for shit or talk to people like an adult (And before anyone says it, I've told him as much to his face, after he tried to pin it all on me behind my back) if he has a problem with their suggestions, when he has fucking nothing himself.

Fuck you Jet, eat shit and die. I'm just glad most the group knows I'm pretty legit, yeah I'm a pro-active player rather than a reactive one, but I always put in as much as I can to make the GM's life easier. And most the group knows you're a fucking asshole that causes shit when you're a PC and a useless fuck that can't GM your way out of a room with the door open.
You shit on that good will and then you tried to poison the well on me.
Cunt.
>>
>>44944901
Kinda had the reverse of this

>playing DnD 5e with friends for the first time
>it takes roughly a hour to set up the characters
>one of them is kinda that guy
>puts everything he has into intelligent and wisdom and makes his character the smartest man on the planet
>doesn't spend a single point on any combat skills
>sits out the battles because "his character is pacifist"
>first time he gets a diplomacy check
>He stars RPing and I tell him to roll first because if his roll fails then it doesn't matter how good he RPs
>He says knows but he wants to RP first
>Talks for 5 minutes and fails his check
>I tell him that the npc didn't believe him
>He throws a fit about how good he RP'd and says he should pass it because of it
>Tell him that it doesn't matter because the roll failed
>Stays afk/uninterested for the rest of the campaign
>>
>"Don't be a baby, we'll be fine."
>"It's only a cave, we're just on a search and rescue mission."
>"Stop whining, we're all going in together and that's final."
>Level 1 Halfling spellcaster
>Get nauseated
>Get grappled
>Get carted over to cliff over lava
>Get gust of winded off the cliff
>"Stop being a baby, just cast Feather Fall and we'll get you in one round."
>Entire party then proceeds to fight in +3 Hot conditions without Endure Elements
>Entire party then proceeds to pass out
>I hit the lava on the next turn.
>"Now, do you fuckers understand why I said 'Let the Rogue do Recon first?' "

That coffee table will never walk again.
>>
>>44944972
I hope to have a relationship where if such a thing came up I could joke about it and still be married a month later.
>"You didn't use the wrong soap, did you?"
>No, dear, I used the right soap in the right places.
>"Ok, goo- wait, what?"
>Liquid soap on the hands, seashell soap up the ass. I'm a grown man, I know which soap goes up my ass.
This is the point where my wife would cracl up laughing, I hope. No pun intended
>>
>>44944972
^this

This guy gets it.
>>
File: more succufu.gif (302KB, 740x1282px) Image search: [Google]
more succufu.gif
302KB, 740x1282px
>>44945162
Kind of a stupid story if unless its true in which case seek help
>>
>>44946014
>uses seashell soap up his ass
>not using bar soap

That's divorce worthy.
>>
>>44946204
>not getting the reference
>>
>>44946289
There's often three of them and they're an alternative to paper.
>>
File: The Tale of Rikell.Beginnings.png (636KB, 1584x3223px) Image search: [Google]
The Tale of Rikell.Beginnings.png
636KB, 1584x3223px
I always meant to go back and finish a story time I was doing, but I'm a lazy fuck. This is more of that story, though. Pic is the beginning of the campaign from my point of view, if anyone wants more story. This current story is of my second character in that same campaign.

We're near the end of a dungeon that has taken us two months, one session a week, to get through, and the DM said all we had left was the last little part, kind of the treasury area. "Good, we'll get some loot for all the labor we've put into this shithole," I think to myself. Hah.

THREE WEEKS LATER we have made it past the first corner of the hallway and the first room. The hallway is filling with lava for some reason, and we have managed to turn a doorknob to a different room. Here a former player makes a come back in a new character, who is at first an NPC who casts an unavoidable mind fuckery spell. We all have to solve riddles or be murdered to death through mind magic. One of the riddles was dumb, and I pointed out the flaw in it, so I specially took two more shots of psychic pain because the player thought it'd be funny.
We go through the door in the back (one session later) and see a room full of gold. With the DM's comments about this being the treasury area we gleefully fill our pockets. Until the invisible basilisks and giant snake of some sort drop stealth and start eating us. The returned player had an ability that this room was supposed to bring out so the group would love him after he tried to mind murder us, except he ended up not being able to play. The DM shrugged and didn't change shit, so we started getting our faces fucked. Eventually everyone is down or turned to stone, and it's just me and another guy up.
>>
>>44946289
>>44946400
I didn't even get the reference I myself made. Good fuckin show, lads.
>>44946204
>Actually has bar soap
Wat. I literally have only seen people do this when out of liquid soap.
>>
>>44945728
>>44945807
>>44945874
Fucking hell, that is some bullshit.
10/10, would rage again.
>>
>>44946422
Let me tell you about the other guy, /tg/. Let me tell you. This fucker has been the favorite of the game since day 1 for some reason. We play over roll20, he and the DM never met before that, they don't live in the same state. If not for all that I would've bet the player let the DM slide it in the back door a couple times, the favoritism is that bad.
His current character is some sort of alchemist who can cast any fire flavored spell assuming he rolls well enough. He's also part demon, and has a demon butler. It's Sebastion from Black Butler. Not even !Sebastion, just straight out Sebastion.

So there we are, me, asshole, asshole's demon, fighting off the remaining two basilisks. My character can shadowstep around and has been using a magic sawn-off coach gun to do some serious damage to the basilisks, so they're a mite pissed at him. I forget the specific range fo a basilisk gaze attack, but who cares, you know what's coming. Despite being more than triple the range of the gaze attack the DM makes me roll against being stoned. I've managed to roll to not be stoned many times by now, but I finally roll too low and am stoned.
Rage #1 of this story: being stoned at 3 times the maximum range.
Asshole orders his demon to do whatever it takes to defeat the basilisks. Demon says "Yeah, sure boss," and does his Voltorb impression by exploding. Turns out the DM was tired of Asshole relying so heavily on the demon. This, of course, makes Asshole not want to play the character anymore. Not that he says anything yet.

NPC comes along, unstones us, turns some of us into warforged cyborgs as a ressurection thing, we're ready to continue on. We open the door in the back of the room and find it's full of treasure chests.
"It'd be funny and cliche if they were all mimics. After everything we've gone through though I'm sure he wouldn't do that."
>>
>>44946728
Spoiler warning: every fucking chest is a mimic. Not a single one is treasure. This is a room someone bothered to have basilisks and shit guarding, and it has nothing in it except fucking MIMICS. Rage #2: hacking through all these guardians only to find the payout is more monsters.

So it's another session later, the evil guy is back, and he learned that while he was gone his character was hit with a misfired spell and also his special sword was melted in lava on accident. He literally listed one of his character's traits as "suicidally vengeful." To this day I give him shit about giving a character such an anti-team trait in a campaign where the DM is actively trying to fuck us over and make it DM vs players.

Once we discern the room has a couple mimics in it (we held out hope it was just some) we start trying to trick them into moving. Asshole at this point approaches a mimic and uses an animal handling check on it. Instead of eating him, the mimic just growls threateningly. Seeing that they aren't immediately hostile I venture further into the room to see what else is in it, where a mimic runs up and clamps down on my ankle. Asshole tosses a gold coin to the mimic in front of him, and it turns into a beautiful elf woman who gives him a smile. I toss two coins to mine, it turns into a big human man and punches me in the face.
I brought up the evil guy because it's at this point he uses more mind fuckery (as a PC, mind you, not an NPC anymore) to make the player who misfired the spell want to climb into a mimic's mouth. He does so.
All hell breaks lose as the party fractures. Some of us want to murder the evil guy, some of us want to get the sorcerer out of the mimic, I just want this stupid mimic to leave me alone, Asshole wants to bang his mimic I guess.

Almost done, I swear. Getting to the climax.
>>
File: Angry.jpg (36KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
Angry.jpg
36KB, 310x310px
Oh there's one thing
>have two campaigns, one for larger group, one for smaller one
>smaller one is going around pretty good
>starts having a little bit of a rough patch because of dealing with shit
>not able to do it a couple times
>get back to it
>get into an argument with one of the players over rules
>don't do it for a couple weeks because of reasons
>get back all together, ready to play
>member of group I had argument with, instead of playing it, wants to find his stupid fucking game and play it
At that point, the campaign died, like it was dying, but it's just fucking fully dead.
Never have I ever had thought you could passively aggressively kill a fucking campaign.
>>
>>44946981
NEXT SESSION, after some shit I don't recall has gone down, it's me and the sorcerer fighting off the mimics. Our ubermench centaur paladin is off to the side trying to keep our unconscious healer monk alive and being left alone. Asshole and his newest waifu (he's had something like three so far) are off to the side, and he's telling me and the sorcerer to stop hurting the mimics. Sorcerer and I are telling him to go fuck a duck, the mimics started it and we're going to finish it so long as we're the ones winning.
I'm not being aggressive at all, just backing up slowly and only taking attacks of opportunity when things chase me to hit me. (The DM's system for combat says Attacks of Op happen when you ENTER a creatures threat range, unless you do it by using a 5ft movement. That's Rage #3.) My sword sets shit on fire so these AoOs are instantly fatal to the mimics. Sorcerer has summoned an Owlbear and is launching out tons of flaming magic missiles. I later tallied up the kills and I had 3; the sorcerer was responsible for the other 42.

Suddenly I'm attacked by a demon hunter npc who I accidentally hurt earlier. By accidentally I mean I wanted to move somewhere, and the DM thought it would be funny if I did it incompetently and thus had me run over the NPC. Rage #4: Apparently I am only capable of moving in straight lines. I won the ensuing fight at the time, and she decided that instead of leaving us alone and going to live the life we had given back to her (having released her from stasis) or even healing form our fight, she would follow us while stealthed (spot check free for the stealth) until there was a good time to kill me. Rage #5: shitty logic for why npcs did shitty things. We're both extreme burst people and both really hurt, so it's a close thing, but I've disarmed her and am about to win when Asshole runs up, gives her his sword, and runs back.

The half demon gave the demon hunter his sword, to fight his party member. Rages 6 and 7.
>>
>>44947314
So while sorcerer and I are off trying to not die horribly, Asshole approaches the centaur pally and whispers shit to him. Basically he told the centaur pally that he was the one who saved him (he really didn't) and that he was owed a favor for it. Centaur pally agreed that sounded right, he would do any one thing. Asshole asks him to kill me. Apparently I'm being too mean to the mimics while fighting an assassin for my life, and need to die for my cruelty. Centaur pally is so brokenly built in this homebrewed 3.5 game that he can more or less oneshot anyone, and more than a month's worth of sessions before actually had oneshot half an army by himself, so I stand 0 chance. He hits me and knocks me down so low we all think I'm dead. Literally, it wasn't until a month or two later the DM mentioned he had changed a rule that made it so my character wasn't actually dead. At the time though, I was blind with rage. Rage #8.

Wellp, I'm dead and can only watch as the sorcerer nopes the fuck out of there and the mimics disperse. Sorcerer was pretty bro-tier, said he was terrified because he had no reason why I was suddenly attacked either and didn't want to share my fate. When he plane travels back the centaur explains to him out loud why he did it and says he's thinking about killing Asshole for making him do such a dishonorable thing.
Except lolno, Asshole doesn't want to play this character without his demon butler, remember? Literally the same session I die, two giant mimics loom up from the previous room somehow. Before combat starts a sword bursts through one of them. A big guy with flowing golden locks of hair walks out. He slays the other giant mimic in a similar oneshot, walks up to Asshole's character, sniffs him, and says "You smell of demonhood. Die." Oneshots him as well. I'm thinking this is some kind of karmic retribution from the DM... until Asshole takes control of his newest PC.
The blond guy, if that was unclear.
>>
>>44947498
Shortly after this, Asshole ended up being homeless on the streets and I really couldn't feel all that bad about it, especially as he had been bragging about how he was going into the Navy and they would let him do anything because he had scored high on a test. He'd been "going into the Navy" for a couple years by this point, but they wouldn't let him in because of an ingrown toenail.

The whole campaign was rage-heart-attack inducing, but it was my first introduction to TTRPG and I enjoyed the kind of game so much I kept going back. I'm in better games now.

I hope I didn't kill the thread, but this IS about what's made you angriest, right?
>>
>>44926487
My wizard found a wand of frost. The very next boss I ran into was a giant fire toad immune to frost damage and insta killed my character. Worst part is, the tod just looked like a giant toad. I couldnt tell it was a fire breathing one that had immunity to an ice storm spell.

He created that encounter to kill me. I was almost completely silent for the rest of the session. It ws partly the reason I left his game.
>>
>>44948773
Nigga..
Your PC doesn't automatically know every creature and their weakness.
>>
>>44948835
Yes but I didnt expect a giant toad that lived in the sewers to be immune to ice damage and breath fire. I asked him what it looked like and he said it looked like a giant toad. No indication that it had special powers.

Besides, my Ice storm spell did zero damage and he took me out in one round. It wasnt even a fair fight. I was the only one that died either, the toad didnt hurt the other PC's.
>>
>>44948940
Again...

Your PC doesn't know what a creature's immunity is, automatically.

Why were you that close to it anyway?

Where was your front line martial?
>>
File: mfw Shhh, kid..jpg (36KB, 368x469px) Image search: [Google]
mfw Shhh, kid..jpg
36KB, 368x469px
>>44948993
Look, you dense motherfucker, I was 30 feet away from it. The maximum range of my ice storm. I attacked first since the toad wanted a tribute for us to pass.

I went, the rest of the party could not go since we were to far away and my spell would have hit them if they got to close. My spell should have done around 30 to 50 damage, it was my most powerful spell. My character was a lvl 3 mage.

The toad took me out in one hit. It was immune the the wand I got the session before. You may not get it, but the set up was intended to kill me.

My DM literally said "I planned for your wand" after the fight was over. God dam.

And yes, a giant fire toad should not be immune to magical ice. It was a shit fight and unfair in every way.
>>
>>44949081
>monster offers to let you pass
>"fuck that! Imma kill it with my powerful wand of doom!"
>haha immunity!!
>waaa waaaa waaa

Wut?
>>
File: mfw gojia.png (922KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mfw gojia.png
922KB, 900x1000px
>>44949131
It didnt offer to let us pass. It wanted a tribute.

Are you mentally ill?
>>
>>44949131
There was a thread literally last night about why it's a stupid idea to accept any sort of "tribute to pass" deal from monsters. DM's also a dick for giving loot and then immediately setting up an encounter to punish use of the loot.
>>
>>44949208
>didn't offer to let us pass
>>44949081
>to let us pass

Wut?
>>
File: [GLASS HIM].jpg (100KB, 440x498px) Image search: [Google]
[GLASS HIM].jpg
100KB, 440x498px
>>44949287
>>44949081
>the toad wanted a tribute for us to pass.
Yes, thats right. You just deliberately misquoted me to try and deflect attention away from your own stupidity.

God dam.
>>
I was GMing and my PCs spent 45 minutes to an hour questioning me on and speculating about centaur biology.

My group isn't an overly serious one and I knew that going into it but it just sort of takes the piss when I spend hours working on encounters and stories as well as micromanaging their inventories since only one of them can be bothered to keep track of things as rudimentary as rations. We play 5th edition but they complain it's too complex; my FLGS has a couple of groups but they're all elitist cunts that refuse to run anything other than 2nd edition

>All I want is a normal, IRL group of people to play Pathfinder with
>fml
>>
>>44930646
>bans clerics because no gods (he actually wears a fedora)

For fuck sake, I'm an atheist and I thinbk that is the stupidiest shit ever.

It's fucking called roleplaying, make believe, it's a fuckign fantasy setting.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>44949373
It wanted a tribute for WHAT?

Thx.

Murderhobo.
>>
>>44949429
>It wanted a tribute for WHAT?
To pass. This is not a hard concept. Are you even reading my post?
>>
>>44949452
To pass?

But...but..but you just said.>>44949208
>it didn't offer to let us pass

So..pick one.
>>
>>44948773
Why the fuck did you even stay beyond that?

The moment he outright admitted power-gaming against your character just to kill them was the point he confirmed he was That DM and there was no fucking way he could play a remotely decent game.
>>
File: mfw god of derpsruction.png (53KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mfw god of derpsruction.png
53KB, 1000x1000px
>>44949510
>>
>>44949452

I think what everyone but you in the thread has figured out was that, by fighting the toad at all in the first place, you fucked up.

You were supposed to just give some tribute and be on your way. Not everything in the game is obligated to roll over and die for you like a respawning MMO grind monster.
>>
>>44938683
If you miss a session then my DM decides what your character was doing based on who it is. For example, my sorcerer is usually in a drunken stupor when I miss a sesh or the rogue was working on a detective case.

You don't get any XP for that session but we're at a high enough level to where it doesn't make too much of a difference. We only level up every 5 sessions or so anyway, and most of the party is pretty near each other XP wise even the guy that misses constantly.
>>
>>44949525
And, its not a correctable thing.

He'll never get better.

Bail now.
>>
>>44949525
>>44949562
He was my friend. He actually pulled shit worse than that earlier on in the campaign and I got over it. I could greentext it if anyone wants.

Im gone now, so dont worry.

>>44949552
Yeah, no. Only you and that other retard think that.
>>
>>44949552
The DM was planning to fuck them over either way, likely by making that "tribute" a moral quandary. Him "ruining" that by fighting a monster that was intentionally built to kill JUST him suggests he would have rekit that fucker to be immune to just about anything the party had to offer.

I get you want to blame this on the player, maybe you're a DM who's done something similar, but if he's capable of doing this he's probably not even a good player. He certainly isn't a worthwhile DM.
>>
>>44949574
I think some previous poster put it best: good friends =/= good groups.

Though honestly if he could do that shit to you and it isn't a clearly light-hearted quest where you guys are poking fun at one another I'd question my friendship with him too.
>>
>>44948835
>Your PC doesn't automatically know every creature and their weakness.
Games usually have checks to figure out what you are up against.
That the creature was indistinguishable from others of it's kind is a big red sign that something was very suspicious, as in most fantasy games, creatures that are outside the norm of their group have markings that set them apart.
Add to that how elemental creatures, like Fire *insert* are immune to their element and weak to it's opposite.
>>
>>44949596
This.
There is no defending this course of action.
>>
>>44949552
But the DM didn't give him a list of the critters immunities!!
And then the toad attacked the guy who attacked it!!!
Totally cheating.
kek
>>
>>44949622
He had one of my characters tortured to death. It was the other big reason I quit. He was cool sometimes but pulled a lot of dick moves.

This also wasnt the first time he tried to kill my wizard. Once he had every head on a hydra focus on him for a full round. For no reason, he just wanted to kill him.

Im not friends with him either but for a seperate reason.
>>
>>44949707
>making excuses for bad GM'ing
>>
>>44949740
I'm glad for you, and I know you want to say it's a separate reason, but let's face it, with everything you've told me, this guy is an utter fuckface and there's no way he'd keep that side of himself in check no matter what.

I don't need to know what happened to know he was being one when you finally got fed up with him too.
>>
>>44942908
>We start at 5pm with the goal of playing until 12
That's an average session in my group m8, how else do you guys get anything done?
>>
>>44949081
Murderhobo.

"Oh no, something I attacked, attacked me back!!"
"What kind of fuckery is that?!"
>>
>>44950045
stop samefagging
>>
>>44946511
>not knowing how to use the three seashells
>>
>>44949510
Something offering to let you pass is different from something demanding payment for you to pass. It's the difference between someone offering you a free sample and someone selling you a sample. Toad set a price on them passing through a sewer it probably did not actually own. This is called highway robbery. Quit being dense on purpose, or if by some strange twist of incest you're actually this dense just lurk.

>>44949552
Again, leaving monsters blocking your exit is a stupid idea.
>Need to run away very fast
>Fucking toad wants more tribute
>BBEG offers higher amount of tribute for it to not let you pass
>BBEG and Toad both now going to take turns with your poo hole

>>44950045
Attacking nonhuman shit outside of civilization (which a sewer counts as) isn't even murderhoboing. Take thine buzzwords and get thee to an elementary school.
>>
>>44950302
This shit right here.
>BBEG and Toad both now going to take turns with your poo hole
I kek'd. Seriously though, this shit right here is the most obvious 'fuck you' move by anyone with any semblance of power in this situation. Hell, even if someone had any form of animal handling I'd be suspicious.
>>
>>44926487

Deck of Many things.

The void card.

Man fuck any DM who uses that thing.
>>
>>44926487
>argument with a fellow party member over him provoking the shit out of a dude we wound up having to kill off
>"I don't fireball you in your sleep when you do something to piss me off, you shouldn't start shit because you find people offensive"
>DM declares that it was a threat, not an argument to higher standards
>"You're chaotic neutral now"
And this from a guy who bought into the RAVAGES TOTALLY AREN'T POISONS line from BoED.
>>
>>44928609
IT IS THE CURRENT CENTURY I MEAN

COME ON
O
M
E

O
N

Also btw you're wrong faggot, only illiterates with sub-60 IQ say "dice" as the singular.
>>
>>44938110
>>44938122
I'd classified him as a somewhat obnoxious but dedicated roleplayer right up until he took the necklace. That's not just dickish, it's inconsistent! Too bad your character didn't get a chance to roast him.
>>
File: image.png (213KB, 674x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
213KB, 674x315px
>>44931567
Holy shit, that's fucking brutal
>>
File: the_pain.jpg (36KB, 462x579px) Image search: [Google]
the_pain.jpg
36KB, 462x579px
>>44930646
He was literally begging for euthanasia, you should have ended his struggle.
>>
>>44935001
The villagers' rogue, or the villagers, rogue?
Did the rogue curse a thief?
Grammar, man.
>>
>>44928440
I don't see how he got them killed, just because they're too stupid to run away. That last part is pretty funny though
>>
>>44942903
I hope the GM made the paladin fall for that.
Paladin code of conduct can't be that fucking hard to understand.
>>
>>44944972
Damn, you are patient
>>
>>44950847
But they aren't, otherwise they'd be worthless against their intended targets.
>>
>>44931718
I really hate it how people think lawful means you're not allowed to raise your voice.
>>
>>44952559
It really hams my biscuits when people think lawful has anything to do with following the law. Lawful = personal code of some kind.
Serial killers can be lawful evil; they only kill one specific type of person, and have a strict moral code of how to do it and what clues or calling cards to leave behind.
A warrior-priest (not paladin, as they only follow JUSTICE) can be lawful good and still torture heretics as long as he doesn't disobey his personal code/his religion's code about extreme torture.
>>
>>44926487
I was one of the party's two combat characters and was the only ranged fighter since the other combat PC was a Golem with a massive sword. I ended up needing a sizable loan to acquire a pet companion. The Lawyer PC offered to give me the loan and I could work for him to pay it off while he held onto my ship as collateral. I thought the deal was a little to good to be true, but after a good roll to see issues with the contract I assumed that since I was one of the only things standing between him and certain death that he wouldn't try to fuck me over.

I was wrong. I spent most of my free time over the next in game week running errands and serving summons to people in sketchy parts of the city. I made a little money on the side by threatening some people so I decided to forgo more of my paycheck than the 10 gold a week minimum so that I could pay off the debt as quickly as possible. Only when I did this I discovered that 10 gold was the maximum and that I'd be paying 10 gold a week for the next 50 weeks at a minimum, because the Lawyer PC was also planning on renovating my ship and was going to charge me thousands of gold for the cost and force me to pay for it by extending my time of service.

I was stupid for taking the deal in the first place, but getting turned into an indentured servant by someone that I was already willingly protecting was infuriating.
>>
>>44926487

>hit someone for nonlethal damage
>roll a 20
>says I accidentally kill the guy (what the hell?)
>DM hangs his head and starts complaining that that guy was going to be important to the story he had in mind

This shit happened to me constantly and only me, 20s and 1s always made bad things happen. The game had no house rules set up before playing.
I had to leave so I did not physically assault the fat shit eventually.
>>
>>44949081
Even if you were attempting to use real world logic on a FANTASY creature you're still stupid because some frogs are able to manufacture what is essentially antifreeze in their bloodstream.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070220-frog-antifreeze.html
>>
>>44953176
Woah, hold the fuck on. Anon did not attempt to use real world logic, Anon attempted to use fantasy game mechanic logic. If a creature is of a certain element type then it stands to reason that the opposite element should have a detrimental effect.

That's ignoring the word "MAGICAL." There's a difference between the fire in a campfire and the fire someone spews from their hands, being immune to one shouldn't also cover the other.
>>
>>44953176
and if said frog were doused in liquid nitrogen he would be totally immune to the effects?
no.
>>
Our first really serious campaign, the party ended up splitting into good and evil sides, with the evil players slowly fucking over towns while the good characters built up their own. My cleric was the protector of a small town of refugees, had his old home destroyed by the evil characters, and most of the npcs we had met and helped on our quests were dead at this point. I made a plan with the good fighter to travel to the evil characters' stronghold and kill them - it would be a pretty fair 2v2 to put an end to their shit.

I write out a pre-battle prayer, plan out everything I can, the other players do the same, and then game day we show up and the DM says "I changed my mind, I'm just gonna have an outsider alignment change the evil characters so they're good again and you can all work together again."

Our characters have their memory wiped, meanwhile half the continent is still destroyed, and we only play like one more session after that. fuck you DM
>>
File: >ate an ork out of anger.png (9KB, 474x198px) Image search: [Google]
>ate an ork out of anger.png
9KB, 474x198px
>>
>>44945151
pretty much this.
>>
File: laughingmullah.jpg (32KB, 545x270px) Image search: [Google]
laughingmullah.jpg
32KB, 545x270px
>>44931567
>only since you arrived
>>
>>44938158
Range and magic as distinct attack categories? Whatcha playin', anon? I have a thing for games that make weirdass decisions like that
>>
>>44953632
>What is art
>What is culture
>What are games, even those of a traditional kind
Get off 4chan and go do something productive with your time if you feel like this.

>>44953356
I'd have hammed it the fuck up.
>"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WORLD?! I DON'T REMEMBER>ANYTHING! WE MUST FIND WHO DONE THIS AND FUCK THEM TIL THEY'RE DEAD!!
>Actually scream this out loud to the group
>Flail arms around while screaming
>Pantomime charging around table with sword raised
>Finish by smacking DM on the back of the head and leaving.
>>
>>44928336
Trollng is and art, an this anon is a sculptor.
>>
>>44940348
That's kind of vaguely adorable
>>
File: Cyrus.jpg (45KB, 225x273px) Image search: [Google]
Cyrus.jpg
45KB, 225x273px
>>44945162
How'd your Grade 10 go, Cyrus?
>>
>>44945859
>laugh at a barbarian
Good way to get an axe to the skull, anon.

Jus' sayin'...
>>
>>44928609
Normally you'd be right with a lot of things. But there aren't nearly enough people autistic enough to call a die a dice for that change to happen. Something isn't correct just because you say it is you faggot.
>>
File: uWhat.png (106KB, 922x882px) Image search: [Google]
uWhat.png
106KB, 922x882px
>>44926487
not sure if this counts but it is aggravating when 3 of the 5 people of our party are ready to play on time but then the DM is never ready and my other friend quits to play Leauge
>>
>>44945162
>because there's a metal detector
You DO realize that the setup in the doorway of Barnes and Noble is meant to detect the barcode tags they put inside their books t prevent theft, right?
>>
After 3 weeks in a journeyman league of my highest roll being a 3, I grabbed my dice, took them outside, and chucked them over a fence. I then came back inside, rolled 3 more dice, highest roll was a 3 and chucked them at the wall. I felt terrible afterwards because a die ricocheted off the table and hit the guy I was playing with. I just conceded at that point. 3 weeks of being fucked over by dice rolls can make you want to quit a system.
>>
>>44945901
>He stars RPing and I tell him to roll first because if his roll fails then it doesn't matter how good he RPs
>not letting them roll first and give mods based on how good their RP is
#beef
>Tell him it doesn't matter because the roll failed
>Stays afk/uninterested for the rest of the campaign
No shit, sherlock
>>
File: iPhone 061.png (74KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
iPhone 061.png
74KB, 259x224px
>>44931567

I must know the table's reaction
>>
>>44943956
My and my gf have been together for over 5 years. We know to keep our (rare) bickering private. She's got a book published and I'm a perpetual DM so I asked her to DM. She's got a book published, but stopped writing since we both went back to college. She likes it and is doing well as a DM. Custom campaign. We haven't had any problems. That being said, I can totally see relationship issues and resentments shitting all over a game.
>>
>>44954320
The roll says how your character did. There's two proper ways to do this imo.
1. Let them RP things out, then roll. The roll represents how it was received. Perhaps the character had a piece of distracting spinach in their teeth, or the healer's tits were distracting, or the npc was really hungry- whatever reasoning can go into why the npc went against the PC's attempt.
2. Roll first, then RP based off of the roll.
>Ah shit, I rolled a 2? With mod that makes a 3. Whoopie. A-hem.
>"I step forward to shake the man's hand, introduce our group, and ask about the local goblin population- but my boot catches on the floor, tripping me so that I land face first into his stomach."
Method 2 of course relies on the DM giving some narrative control to the players, and to be quite frank I've never heard of anyone using method 2 overall more than 1.
>>
>>44947623
>>44947498
>>44947314
>>44946981
>>44946728
>>44946422
Holy shit mate. Fucking saved. That is some seriously awful campaign. I've never had anything quite that bad, ever.

Any game you find can be better than that shit.
>>
>>44953132
I've seen people try this crap before. What a shithead. It's called a "Critical Success" for a reason.
>>
>>44953732
>hammed it the fuck up
I would literally pay money to watch someone do that to a shit GM.
>>
Had one player create a character with no motivation beyond self-interest for a classic DnD adventure game.

She would basically go home every time enemies appeared.

I was trying to explain to her that sometimes you need to compromise with this shit, she was like 'OKAY THAT'S FINE, IF YOU'D RATHER HAVE THE GAME WITHOUT ME THAT'S FINE'

Ended up quitting the game cos she wasn't the only one doing it. Godawful group.
>>
>>44938089
>And, since it's L5R, honourable people can't refuse a duel...

I'm pretty sure they're not obligated to answer the challenge of some tainted creature. So they are well within their rights to tell the enemy commander to go fuck himself and then send more peasant levies after him.
>>
>>44926487
I once kicked my flatmate in the dick so hard that we had to take him to ACC cause he thought his nuts were ruptured.

It was because he sold off a bunch of stuff out of my room while I was in another city for a few works because of work, and he didn't think I'd notice. Said stuff he sold included a few clothes, but also my entire Grey Knight Army (This was back in 3rd Ed) and Necron army. It was mostly the other stuff he sold, but selling those off also infuriated me.
>>
>>44955647

What did the character do outside of combat?
>>
>>44938178

Lives have ended over that game.
>>
>>44930646
>>bans clerics because no gods (he actually wears a fedora)
I knew a guy who genuinely wore a fedora but ironically he did believe in god, which is pretty unusual in my part of the world.
>>
>>44931383
Would it be the worst thing in the world for a GM to make an explicitly atheistic setting, just not have any gods in it? Maybe still have magic but no gods, is that really so bad?
>>
>>44955835
In terms of downtime activity or in terms of noncombat skills?

In both cases not a whole lot. Rogue assassin minmaxed for damage.
>>
>>44955911
Not really. Unless by "no gods" you mean "no beliefs". Where you have beliefs, somebody will eventually personify and begin to worship said belief.

And a world and people with no beliefs aren't even human.
>>
>>44955911
I'd say only if he took it upon himself to make it fit with the game mechanics and world's thematics as well as adding enough content to rebalance the lack of any and all gods (replace clerics, warlocks, change paladins, etc.). Though, this is from the perspective of someone who's only played D&D; obviously I think that shit would be just fine in a post-apocalyptic or sci-fi setting.
>>
File: 1451598084298.png (24KB, 324x377px) Image search: [Google]
1451598084298.png
24KB, 324x377px
>>44931567
Merciless.
>>
>>44955959
>just fine in a post-apocalyptic or sci-fi setting
>not worshiping Vee-ate
>>
>>44955911
The hardest part will be proving an absence of gods, without that it's just an Gnostic setting
>>
>>44943956
You know how there's that statistic about half of marriages breaking up, what are the states on just regular relationships? I'd imagine they'd be a hell of a lot worse. Statistically speaking the campaign probably will last longer then the relationship, hence the inevitable drama.
>>
>>44945443
>I am allowed to have a group of buddies game at our house.
>allowed
Jesus H. Christ.
>>
>>44931567
>>
>>44955948
Yeah people would still believe in gods it's just they wouldn't intervene in their lives like how it works in D&D. People would pray to god for guidance or comfort or whatever, not sweet spells. Maybe the gods are real but it just doesn't come up in the game much.

>>44956019
The word you meant is agnostic and also you're using it wrong.
>>
>>44956185
>also you're using it wrong
Thank you.

Out of curiosity, anon, what is your opinion of the recent influx of people who state things along the lines of "agnostic atheism is just a newatheist attempt to hide behind agnosticism with weak wordplay"? I have noticed this argument becoming disturbingly more frequent.
>>
>>44945443
It's your home too anon.
>>
>>44956212
>Out of curiosity, anon, what is your opinion of the recent influx of people who state things along the lines of "agnostic atheism is just a newatheist attempt to hide behind agnosticism with weak wordplay"?
They're fucking morons, what else needs to be said? They're probably people who used to be atheists because it was edgy and different and cool and made them feel like the smartest guy in the room and then atheism became incredibly mainstream so now they need to go one step beyond that and become """""Agnostics""""".
>>
>>44954320
Or maybe you roll first and then ACTUALLY ROLEPLAY the result, rather than rolling a 1 yet proceeding to give an amazing speech and then complain to the GM
>>
>>44945901
If the guy wants to RP let him
Talking for 5 minutes is an easy way to get people and NPCs uninterested
>>
>>44956253
Thank god for you, anon.

>winky face emoticon
>>
>>44928609
You're a dumbass and everything you said is factually wrong.
>>
>>44956262
Or you roleplay and the DM forgoes the roll and decides based on that.

>inb4 "but muh shell/lift my fridge" rollplayer apologism.
>>
>>44956253
>so now they need to go one step beyond that and become """""Agnostics""""".
I fucking hate people like that so much
>>
>>44956295
Or, like I said, you ACTUALLY ROLEPLAY
What you describe isn't roleplaying, because you get out of your fucking role
>>
Trying to get people, especially on /tg/, to understand concepts like opportunity cost, scarcity, vertical/horizontal design, and equality of opportunity as they relate to game design.

It's like people are actually retarded.
>>
>>44956348
It's a lot less frustrating when you assume everyone is retarded until they prove otherwise.
>>
>>44956360
It's a lot MORE frustrating when you're constantly dissapoint.
>>
>>44955787
he deserved it.
>>
File: 1360369189195.jpg (9KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1360369189195.jpg
9KB, 251x251px
>>44931567
>>
>>44945162
> Mad that a cheaters GF sucks your friends dick.

You are a terrible fucking friend. Please do not kill yourself with your gun, use another method that doesn't reflect badly on responsible gun users.
>>
This dude was outright cheating and intentionally being a troll and he fucking ruined me early on and I went berserk I threw the table in his face and started throwing everything within reach at him. Then when I was told to leave I grabbed a brick off the table and busted the window with it.
>>
Definitely the time a player got so ultra butt mad that THEY forgot that an enemy was invisible (probably you were fucking around on your phone MIKE!) and even though they knew where it was because of the rogue tracking it, they still took that -5 penalty to hit. So when they didn't hit they literally rage quit, threw their gaming stuff on the floor and nearly walked out.
>>
>>44928609
Language IS a living thing that evolves.

But there has to be a threshold before which some given word use is just a mistake.

Now, maybe you in particular think that that threshold is four or five guys saying it and understanding each other. But since most people disagree with that, it seems like a silly way to go about using language.
>>
File: 1451799931970.jpg (861KB, 790x765px) Image search: [Google]
1451799931970.jpg
861KB, 790x765px
>>44953387
>>
>>44929826
did they stick to your foot?
>>
>>44946422
This Rikell guy you are describing and the events of this screencap make it sound like you made a fucking shadowrunner in the wrong system.
>>
>>44955787
Ahahaha, sounds like you dealt him that kick with perfectly appropriate force
>>
>>44942605
See, this is where you and I disagree. You seem to be under the impression that because you've put a lot of time into your character, the rules of the game somehow don't apply to you, and you should be allowed to survive fights. If I ever find out our GM is keeping us alive, despite what the dice says, I just lose all interest in the game. Why even play with rules if you're just going to ignore them whenever you don't get the desired outcome? Seeing what the dice throws at you and adapting to the situation is what a lot of the game is about.
>>
>>44945443
Gives the phrase "Don't drop the soap" a whole new meaning.
>>
File: game-layout.png (284KB, 600x291px) Image search: [Google]
game-layout.png
284KB, 600x291px
>New to Tabletop RPGs
>Get introduced via girlfriend to college friends of hers that play lots of RPGs
>Say that I really want to try Star Wars Edge of the Empire
>Their usual GM guy says sure but he doesn't want to GM he wants to play
>Tells me I should do it
>They know I don't have any experience but they seem supportive so I tell them "I'll do my best!"
>Spend weeks learning the rules and watching tons of videos and reading advice on how to do well as a first time GM
>We've all agreed to do the starter set intro with pre-made characters
>I make a bunch of homemade pulled pork BBQ for everyone that takes me almost two days of slow cooking and making bbq sauce from scratch
>Show up
>One of them isn't even there
>They decide to make their own characters
>Extra people I don't know show up and crash the game so now I have to GM for almost twice as many people
>Right as we get started the GM guy tells me that he is going to take the whole thing off the rails
>Everything goes horribly
>They eat all the food I brought and never thank me
>Get criticized for an hour afterward on every mistake I made
>Go home and sell all my books to a used bookstore and have never tried to GM or even play a Tabletop RPG ever again.

I was pretty mad.
>>
>>44955911
Circa 2015 >>>/mu/
>>
>>44957130
I can imagine with such assholes. It's a shame you gave up on TTRPGs altogether as a result, would you now be willing to try again?
>>
>>44957223

Nope. I have a pretty severe case of social anxiety so reaching out and trying to become part of a group who are active in something I always wanted to try was a big thing for me. I still buy RPG books, but I just stay at home and read them alone, thinking about what it'd be like to play them. Torchbearer seems cool. Oh well.
>>
>>44957256
You can play them online, where nobody has to know who you are.
>>
>>44956999
Yes, because it's SOO possible to adapt to an instikill the first fucking combat of the game.

You'rea fucking idiot.
>>
>>44957533
It's a tough lesson, but the next time you'll think better of getting involved in combat.
>>
>>44941320
This is the primary issue with DMs who can't improvise. They see a shift in the path they want the PCs to take, and just say "well shit, I guess I'll just force them to do this."
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.