[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the two unknown legions were purged like some say, what the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

File: 1449269943235.jpg (38KB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
1449269943235.jpg
38KB, 320x218px
If the two unknown legions were purged like some say, what the hell could they have done that was worse than the World Eaters and Night Lords? What would have happened if they were purged instead?
>>
>>44737844
Failure.

World Eaters and Night Lords brought entire systems to surrender just by uttering their name, they were successful and thats all that Emperor asked of the Primarchs.
>>
>>44737844
Waifu posting
>>
>>44737844
Landing on a maiden world and cooperating with the locals.
Being worthless or crippled on the Emperors arrival.
>>
>>44737844
>im-fucking-plying

Night Lords did nothing wrong.
>>
>>44738600
Except stab Dorn.
>>
File: elitefon.ru_6758.jpg (542KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
elitefon.ru_6758.jpg
542KB, 1920x1200px
>>44738600
>those retarded proportions
Does anyone have the "space marine proportions over time" macro?
>>
>>44738626
>stabbing a autistic primarch who did absolutely nothing to help the Imperium, poked out the Emperor's eye and died in the most generic way possible.
>>
>>44738626
NOTHING. WRONG.
>>
>>44737913
Probably told the emps to fuck off, or openly talked of chaos shit.
>>
>>44738473
this.
most likely scenario is they weren't considered worthy for whatever reason my personal head canon is one of them landed on an exodite world and became a pacifist monk who promptly told emps to fuck off.
>>
>>44739069
Mine is they were both actually Alpha Legion
>>
File: IMG_0127.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0127.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>44737844
See the finished Turret by klicking the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA_iGwGk86c&index=35&list=PLy55WVLwDMPlyr7qFDehv8aCI9wnuDvZd
>>
They're so players can make up their own legions or chapters according to GW. One unknown loyalist legion and one unknown traitor legion.
>>
I like to imagine one of the lost primarchs was female and gave birth to an army of human-primarch nephilim, and that the other lost primarch and his legion was sent to destroy them only to fall in love with the she-primarch. War ensues and the two lost primarchs are destroyed and all record of them expunged from the histories, as the union of these to angels would breed a race of men that would supercede and destroy humankind.
Guilliman would later take pity on the lost legions and secretly assimilate the loyalist survivors of the Rainbow Warriors and Valedictors
>>
Gene seed mutations
>>
File: 4774286-2769845158-2f0ad.jpg (14KB, 200x210px) Image search: [Google]
4774286-2769845158-2f0ad.jpg
14KB, 200x210px
>>44739306
>female primarch
>>
At least one of them probably died before Emps could get to them.

Despite most of the super babies lucking surviving, it's not crazy to think one warped into a volcano or got eaten by fauna.
>>
>>44739401
The HH books heavily hinted at the Space Wolves having killed one of the Legion's off by the Emperor's orders.
>>
>>44738845
Dorn stand up comedy show?
>>
>>44737844
One was a mutant, the other was raised by xenos.

The End.
>>
I like to think that one of them lost the Emperor's teddy bear, right before he took a nap.

I don't know what the fuck the other one could have done that is comparable, but fuck those guys.
>>
>>44741023
>One was a mutant

Why do we have Sanguinius and Magnus then?
>>
>>44741353
Sanguinius lucked out on the Random Mutation table because he got the appearance of a veritable angel. Magnus was a psyker and a damn fine one at that, meaning he had much value to Emperor. The 2nd legion's primarch probably had the mouth of a lamprey and seven arms with eyes on the ends that sung the bone-hymn of XBVLYPZED's garden.
>>
>>44737844
Their primarchs landed on the Warhammer planet and became Sigmar and Archaeon
>>
>>44739069
But they had Legions, and in the HH novels, and FW books, it is suggested that they did something wrong.

So your explanation isnt viable.
>>
>>44739156

That was the old reasoning. It died with player autism and the Horus Heresy books with the Emperor's Executioners meme.
>>
>>44741509
I don't know about the doing stuff wrong, but all the legion's existed before they met their Primarch's, like how the Death Guard were called the Dusk Raiders before Mortarion got back on the galactic scene, so having legions doesn't mean they could not have been blammed on contact with the Imperium.
>>
>>44739156
I abhor the fact that bl has even touched on them. They should of not even have been known to the primarchs their records expunged before the gc began or any of the legions founded; written off as failures / weren't taken by chaos and we're lost in the warp pre g. ; only for you to come up for a reason how they survived / fell to chaos etc. Bl fags are fags for touching on one of the reasons why I liked 40k the it's your universe in the end factor.

Tldr: some shit should never be explained.
>>
File: time vs absurdity.png (340KB, 1000x653px) Image search: [Google]
time vs absurdity.png
340KB, 1000x653px
>>44738816
This one?
>>
So, Ultramarine successors fall into roughly three categories: The usual successors like Sons of Orar, Sons of Guilliman and Praetors of Orpheus; Ones with a deathly/somber reference like the Doom Legion, Doom Eagles and Silver Skulls; And chivalrous/heraldic ones like Howling Griffons, Marines Errant and Avenging Sons

With questionable details written in the First Heretic novel, its hinted that the Ultramarines absorbed the remnants of the lost legions, of which one was destroyed/crippled by Leman Russ and the Space Wolves.

So we can assume that the one of the lost primarchs was raised on some knightly medieval world and ends up all paladin like (so kind of different from Lion El'johnson and Caliban which was also knightly) and the other one on some crappy death/feral world where the people were worshipping some death cult and/or all depressed all the time.

I'm thinking the two lost legions were working in the same area of the galaxy, with the paladin primarch always succeeding at tasks and the other one always failing. This, combined with the nature of the somber primarchs upbringing eventually comes to a head and he orders his legion to attack and destroy the other lost primarchs legion. Obviously this gets back to the rest of the crusade and the Space Wolves head over to violently break it up. We can assume the somber primarch kills the paladin primach and then Leman Russ kills the somber primarch in return. The emperor, pretty disturbed by all this orders all his sons to never speak of this again and destroys evidence the lost legions ever existed.
>>
>>44741636
I'm fairly positive that the Silver Skulls are the progeny of loyalist Iron Warriors elements.
>>
I like to think that, for at least one of the two primarchs, Big E incorperated Xeno DNA into their creation. Specifically Ork DNA due to the numerous benefits such an amalgamation would use if successful. Unfortunately it failed and the primarch was a bit more Orky than Emps had wanted. The Primarch eventually ditches the Imperium and ends up becoming the warlord known as The Beast. Stupid I know, but we all know that Orks are the real threat and are da grey'ist an da best.
>>
>>44741496
1 was raised by bird-like xenos and became a Bounty Hunter
>>
File: 1399224395876.png (820KB, 533x639px) Image search: [Google]
1399224395876.png
820KB, 533x639px
>>44741863
Never fails to cause spontaneous combustion in me.
>>
>>44741496
Archaeon was a Templar of Sigmar before he fell. So that doesn't make sense.

The Sigmar one kind of could work if you take into consideration old fluff had 40k armor and equipment for chaos warriors and lasrifles and energyshields for amazons and lizardmen.
But even though some connection between WHFB and 40k was hinted at it was never explicitly spelled out and specifically for Sigmar there is very little to suggest that afaik.
>>
>>44737844
HH novels happened.

GW left a big mysterious hole in the history, because HH was but myths and legends. Then they decided to start filling in the gaps and keeping that mystery became ever more difficult and handwaving it away only goes so far.
>>
>>44741560
Ok, so they expunged 2 entire Legions because the corresponding Primarchs were unfit for command? Im not buying it.
>>
>>44737844

Personally, I go with the theory that one had the Pariah gene, and the other believed some Xenos could be reasoned with. neither fit in, and eventually they're views became too extreme even for the Emperor to publically curb, so they became sacrificial pawns to the webway project.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>44737844
One of them fights on a world overrun with mutants and techno-barbarians.

Grimskulls forever
>>
>>44737844
They wanted to be Ultramarines.
>>
File: Doom_Eagles_Assault_Marine.jpg (272KB, 1058x1326px) Image search: [Google]
Doom_Eagles_Assault_Marine.jpg
272KB, 1058x1326px
>>44741636
Iron Skulls are all but confirmed IW loyalists. Doom Eagles are very clearly explained to be from an UM captain who just got a severe mental breakdown after a story with a human woman before getting back on his feet during the HH.
>>
>>44741668
brb collecting silver skulls army.
>>
>>44744161
Who else could they have picked to lead those legions? The primarchs were specifically created to lead legions, no-one else would be up to the task.
>>
>>44741629
Yes, thank you
>>
>>44744883
Pretty sure the legions did not have their primarchs at all times and the first officers led.
>>
>>44744955
They still had primarchs in overall command though didn't they? Just because someone else occasionally took over the job doesn't mean the primarch was entirely unnecessary.
>>
Before the Emperor found him, the Primarch of the 2nd legion had risen to prominence in a conglomeration of independent planets (The Federation pretty much).

When the Emperor came for him, he made a deal. He would join in the Great Crusade, but only if Imperial jurisdiction over this government came directly through him. The way the Emperor ran the Imperium didnt sit well with him but he saw no other way for his Federation to maintain the slightest modicum of sovereignty otherwise.

While exploring in his expidition fleet, he came across an abandoned alien colony, and within there was an enormous portal generator. He found it was used to travel to colonies in Andromeda, and saw an opportunity to lead his people out of The Milky Way and out of the reach of the imperium. He quietly made preparations to lead an enormous fleet of civilians, along with his entire legion , through the portal, then destroy it behind him. A few of his officers saw this as heresy, and commandeered a ship so that they may warn the emperor and stop their Primarch. The Emperor sent Leman Russ and the Space Wolves to reason with the rogue Primarch, but it soon devolved into fierce fighting. He was able to get the entire fleet through the portal, but at the cost of thousands of his Astartes who defended the gate in the meanwhile. He destroyed the gate himself as soon as the last ship went through, trapping himself and a handful of his most faithful Astartes under the full weight of the Space Wolves. They were wiped out, but the fleet made it to Andromeda and Fights for their lives against nids to this very day
>>
File: company master.jpg (307KB, 1027x1478px) Image search: [Google]
company master.jpg
307KB, 1027x1478px
>>44741629
They've actually been fixed now.
>>
>>44744161
More likely, they were dissolved and integrated into other legions.
>>
>>44741636
>With questionable details written in the First Heretic novel, its hinted that the Ultramarines absorbed the remnants of the lost legions, of which one was destroyed/crippled by Leman Russ and the Space Wolves.
When will this meme die.
>>
>>44744980
They seem to run fine while they were still searching for their Primarch even if they were baby say by legions that had theirs at times.
>>
File: 1412573077950.jpg (50KB, 480x562px) Image search: [Google]
1412573077950.jpg
50KB, 480x562px
>>44744102
Underrated Post
>>
>>44745110
it's not a meme you dip, it's what happened.
>>
>>44739338
what, worse than sanguinious or magnus?
>>
>>44746072
ADB outright stated it was baseless in-universe speculation and that everybody who took it literally was a fucking moron. I'm pretty fucking sure the AUTHOR knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>44741023
>was raised by xenos.
what do you think raised Mortarion?
>>
>>44744670
I remember that thread.
>>
>>44746072
Author confirmed that the Ultramarines taking the remains is just a stupid in universe myth and is completely false.
There is no proof that the Wolves killed the two Legions and Primarchs. Russ is the self appointed executioner, even though he always gets his ass kicked in fights. Them fighting Marines before the HH is most likely referencing the fight between Russ and Angron. A fight that would most likely seen Russ dead by Angrons hand and him getting killed by the Wolves and with at best a Pyrhic victory over the World Eaters that would leave the Wolves massively crippled.
>>
>>44746382
mutant human
also mortarion fought against him
>>
I like to think that they were executed because of the biggest insult you can do to an Emperor of a war loving empire: being pacifists. Like being pacifist and refusing to fight for the imperium denies totally the purpose of why they were created and therefore, rustled Emperors jimmies
>>
Don't forget they refer to the two as the forgotten and the damned, whatever that means
>>
>>44746566
Forgot to add, when sangunius kills a marine showing signs of the red thirst and Horus asks him "wtf was that about" sangunius says he doesn't want the emporor to know cos he doesn't was an empty plinth on terra like the other two legions as his legions only legacy
>>
>>44739306
>female primarch
I like to imagine you getting sucked into the warp and skullfucked by Khorne and Slaanesh at the same time, heretic
>>
They're still out there with their legions on a campaign of vital importance for the Emperor.
Records expunged to keep it secret and safe.
>>
>>44746566
Probably the one time Lexicanum is useful, with all its sourcing and shit
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Two_unknown_legions

It does sound like at least on had mutation problems, and it seems at least possible that primarch execution didn't entirely end the Legion's role for a time (though I think it's more likely that the date for Monarchia isn't right)

Even with more information the whole thing doesn't get much clearer though, which is probably for the best
>>
>>44744719
They got their wish then.
>>
>>44746348
Source on statement?
>>
>>44739069
I like this idea as well, since every primarch may represent a different aspect of Emps, that one could be his desire for peace, or perhaps his desire to be done and let humanity (or the galaxy) tear itself to shreds.
>>
>>44738816
Chaos is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>44739156
Which was always retarded when you have 22 other founding to set your chapter ib
>>
>>44746511
>>44746382
Nagash
>>
>>44755555
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.