[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gentlemen How do we break Magic Mouth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 3

File: magic_mouth_by_jeffdee-d4beddo.jpg (205KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
magic_mouth_by_jeffdee-d4beddo.jpg
205KB, 900x600px
Gentlemen
How do we break Magic Mouth
>>
put your dick in it
>>
>>44724980
with a magic ball gag
>>
>>44725017
> Not wanting a drooling cup
>>
>>44724980
Kissing it.
>>
>>44725034
Would a Magic Mouth drool
>>
>>44724980
Teach it Power Word: Kill
>>
>>44725034
Ring gag then.
You now have a magic onahole.
>>
I live in constant fear that someone will cast Magic Mouth on my fleshlight.
>>
>>44725299
>Not wanting a nice blowjob
>>
Magic mouth can only say the phrase it is programmed with, right?

Like, it can't complain or scream if you try and fuck it?
>>
>>44725365
I'm afraid of what it would say.
>>
>>44725387
It's not intelligent enough to scream or complain regardless of whether or not it could say phrases it wasn't programed with.
>Program magic mouth to scream if someone sticks their dick in it
>Program magic mouth to say the noise that's made when you bite down hard when someone sticks their dick in it
>>
>>44724980
>cast it on a giant statue
>place something shiny inside the open mouth of the statue
>have adventurers go inside and trigger Magic Mouth
>the mouth moves as the statue says something that continually presses its giant teeth together
>>
Magic Mouth
Illusion (Glamer)
Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature or object
Duration: Permanent until discharged
Saving Throw: Will
>This spell imbues the chosen object or creature with an enchanted mouth that suddenly appears and speaks its message the next time a specified event occurs. The message, which must be twenty-five or fewer words long, can be in any language known by you and can be delivered over a period of 10 minutes. The mouth cannot utter verbal components, use command words, or activate magical effects. It does, however, move according to the words articulated; if it were placed upon a statue, the mouth of the statue would move and appear to speak. Of course, magic mouth can be placed upon a tree, rock, or any other object or creature.
>The spell functions when specific conditions are fulfilled according to your command as set in the spell. Commands can be as general or as detailed as desired, although only visual and audible triggers can be used. Triggers react to what appears to be the case. Disguises and illusions can fool them. Normal darkness does not defeat a visual trigger, but magical darkness or invisibility does. Silent movement or magical silence defeats audible triggers. Audible triggers can be keyed to general types of noises or to a specific noise or spoken word. Actions can serve as triggers if they are visible or audible. A magic mouth cannot distinguish alignment, level, Hit Dice, or class except by external garb.
>The range limit of a trigger is 15 feet per caster level, so a 6th-level caster can command a magic mouth to respond to triggers as far as 90 feet away. Regardless of range, the mouth can respond only to visible or audible triggers and actions in line of sight or within hearing distance. Magic mouth can be made permanent with a permanency spell.
>Material Component - A small bit of honeycomb and jade dust worth 10 gp.
>>
>>44726013
I don't think it can be broken.
>>
>>44726013
So is this spell just a really good way to get pseudofree blowjobs on demand?
>>
All this talk about fucking it raises an interesting question: How much anatomy does the Magic Mouth have? Does it have a throat, or is it just a void back there?
>>
>>44726013
Aaand now I just had an idea where a rogue wizard keeps enchanting sleeping tigers, bears, or whatever, with magic mouth that solicits random passersby for sex.

Depending on where you are that could be a pretty effective mass murderer right there.
>>
>>44726179
Illusion school, so I'd be willing to bet that there's none.
>>
File: 71cWa92TMyL[1].jpg (194KB, 931x1398px) Image search: [Google]
71cWa92TMyL[1].jpg
194KB, 931x1398px
>>44726013
>Any audiovisual trigger.
So we can program with this?
>When the mouth east of you has its mouth closed, open your mouth
for a NOT gate.
>When the mouths to the east AND south to you have their mouths open, open your mouth
for an AND gate.
>>
>>44724980
Right in the taint
>>
>>44726377
And here I was just thinking we could use them like a branching tree to make a phone sex operation.
>>
>>44724980
It is already broken because it has no limits as to how many you can put up.
>>
>>44726377
Now I'm just imagining a castle with chittering magic mouths on every wall because a wizard needed to do some complicated calculations
>>
>>44726307
>>44726307
It's says "appears" so all you fags keep sticking your dicks in mouths to get the illusion of a blow job.
>>
>>44726418
That's a great mental image.
>>
>>44726377
I guess any system of nodes that can be triggered into an on/off state can be used for boolean algebra. But seriously, imagine how horrifying this would look in practice.

>the pcs enter an ancient chamber with a single stone face on a far wall
>they ask it a question
>suddenly, a cacophony of smacking lips and drooling mouths erupt from the walls as the system calculates an answer
>just this massive hall completely covered with disembodied mouths, opening and closing in rapid succession
>the floor is covered in spit
>>
>>44726478
But the spell says it can't activate other effects, so wouldn't the magic mouth be unable to trigger other magic mouths for calculations?

It's definitely a hilarious mental image though
>>
>>44726478
And by the door to the chamber is a single a mouth that utters "Remember to bring an umbrella" every time somebody gets close to the door.

>>44724980
Assassinate people by placing hundreds or thousands mouths in a room and when somebody sleeps in that room all the mouth start singing "Daisy Bell" as loud as they can.
>>
>>44726531
Shouldn't affect being recognized as a visual trigger, would it? It isn't directly activating the other mouths.
>>
>>44726478
You could just silence the area since the trigger defined is visual, and since their illusions, they won't drool.
>>44726531
It can't activate other things, but other things can trigger on it.
>>
>>44726587
>>44726590
The problem is that RAW is fairly sturdy on the triggering detail, since the same logic that would apply to a magic mouth would also apply to a symbol. You can make a symbol respond to an auditory cue, but magic mouth is specifically worded so symbol can't be triggered by it.
>>
>>44726627
>The problem is that RAW is fairly sturdy on the triggering detail,
Except it's not, its about /activating/
Theres a difference between triggering and activating. Activating something is an action on the part of the agent activating it, while triggering is on the agent on the receiving end. Since the mouths are triggering off one another, instead of activating one another, i'd say it works.

Say two wizards, without secretly knowing, placed a hidden mouth in the same area, with both the command, "if somebody or something makes a noise in this area, scream "AAAAAA" to alert me". Would the other not start screaming as soon as the previous one screamed? Neither mouth had the intention of triggering the other, yet they did. So why would this be different in a situation in which:
1) two wizards place a magic mouth, one knows of the other and orders his "to scream when his rivals magic mouth screams"
and from there on forward
2) a wizard places two magic mouths and orders one "to scream when the other mouth screams",
the triggering of the "listening" mouth is only a side-effect of the activation.
>>
>>44726870
Couldn't you then have a symbol trigger off of a specific phrase and have a magic mouth saying it when someone walks by?
>>
>>44726915
Would the symbol trigger of a parrot saying that phrase?
>>
>>44726950
Presumably, but it's hard to tell. Would there even really be a benefit to all that other than extending the effective triggering range of a symbol?
>>
>>44726975
>As a default, a symbol of death is triggered whenever a creature does one or more of the following, as you select: looks at the rune; reads the rune; touches the rune; passes over the rune; or passes through a portal bearing the rune.

>Creature
Since its no creature, no.
>>
>>44726915
But to answer the larger question, if it did not specify creature, then yes it could because the symbol /triggers/ and does not require /activation/.
>>
>>44726418
So, this is the Apple iOS to the Skelekomputer Microsoft Windows?
>>
>>44726013
>Max charisma
>Musical instrument: Voice
>Permanency Magic Mouth set to repeat a Song (with few words, lots of humming and using your voice like an actual instrument, due to wordlimit) that you perfected, in the exact way you did it
>Set the trigger to be when someone inserts at least x amount of money into a secure receptacle for it
>Repeat in major locations all over the world
>For portable folks who want songs on the go, sell small objects with the same song on it, for a higher price due to convenience, and make the trigger be "Play my song, please."

Im the first man to release an album!
>>
>>44727022
MouthOS is probably really annoying to be around, though (the condition of the spell is the mouth has to speak _something_). Imagine a room full of statues rapidly saying "one" all day.
>>
>>44727029
I'd say you'd have to research a higher level repeatable version to pull that off.
>>
>>44726432
I voluntarily fail my save versus spell.
>>
>>44727888
>the condition of the spell is the mouth has to speak _something_
The message can be in any language known by the caster, so all you need to do is basically "invent" a silent binary language (e.g. open mouth for one and closed mouth for zero, or vice versa, and stick the tongue out to mark end of bit).

With this, and if we get to use the same definition for "word" as modern computing does, gives us a maximum of 1600 (64*25) bits of storage per mouth (although such storage would basically be ROM, since there doesn't seem to be any indication that you could change the message without re-casting MM).

...A question arises: If an MM with the message "ee" (i.e. how you pronounce a singular letter "e" in English) was set up so that it would speak its message whenever a nearby two-position lever was in its "down" position, and one were to manipulate the lever to be so, would there be some manner of delay between the repetitions of the message (making it sound like "Ee. Ee. Ee."), or would it be a constant stream of "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"? 'Cos the latter would be much better for computing purposes, I think.
>>
>>44725387
>>44725949

Note that messengers in Sigil will often use magic mouth on their forehead to convey messages, so if you want screaming you could literally skull fuck a messenger.
>>
>>44728293
You could just tell them to scream constantly while the lever is down

Another question: Can MM's distinguish between other MM's "voices" in regard to their trigger? Or does there need to be a line of "sight" to specify a specific triggering MM?
>>
>>44725391
>implying it can talk when you're balls deep all day every day 24/7
>>
>>44726418
>>44726452
That sounds exactly like something you'd find in a wizard's tower.
>>
>>44728401
>You could just tell them to scream constantly while the lever is down
I could? The spell description posted in >>44726013 seems to imply differently, what with the "25 or fewer letters long message of any language known by caster that can be delivered within 10 minutes".
>>
Make it sing songs from Shrek.

Magic Smashmouth
>>
>>44726377
I don't think that would work its only messages

Couldn't be hard to create a new spell with ideas taken from magic mouth as a DM I would rule the spell is already 1/4 developed
>>
>>44727922
Nope.
Just permanency and magic mouth.
>>
>>44729037
>I don't think that would work its only messages
In the case given, the trigger would be the action of another MM, and the message would be something simple that would potentially cause further MMs to trigger.
>>
>>44728608
Well in the context of "eeeeeeeeee", linguistically speaking, aren't we just saying a single letter over a long period of time? The whole "eeeeeeee" thing we type is just our attempt to represent that length in written literature.
>>
If you cast it on a thin and narrow piece of material, the mouth opening (to say "aaawweeeawweee" or something) might make the remaining parts weak enough to break under their own weight. Anything you could do with that?
>>
>>44730866
It's an illusion spell, so I doubt it could do anything of the sort.
>>
>>44726975

One word:

Parrotronics.
>>
>>44727029
>10gp to cast Magic Mouth + whatever the material cost of permancy is
Wouldn't work. Your production costs are way too high and no one is going to pay more than a few copper for a song.
>>
you can't make the mouth 'echo' an audio trigger, can you?
>>
>>44725299
>>44725391
You sir have made my day
>>
>>44728608

ARGH! is a word.

Though you could make a wacky ass synthesiser by setting mouthes to respond to specific key presses. What'd be interesting is that you wouldn't need to physically link between the mouthes and the keyboard that sets them off, just need to keep the keyboard in range of the mouthes.

Could probably make a really amazing concert hall, each seat with a set of mouthes under it that go off as the bard on stage plays an otherwise entirely soundless keytar.
>>
>>44735273
well that would be a revolution in entertainment
where do i sign?
>>
>>44724980
You dont.

For one, it has no physical aspect to it, thus no interaction with environment except through sound. The sound is 25 words, meaning that it can't make any unnatural sounds not part of a caster's language, which cannot be loud enough to do damage.

In addition it cannot interact with other spells or items (The mouth cannot utter verbal components, use command words, or activate magical effects), so no chaining it to Symbols or other Magic Mouths. Effectively, its a magical way to leave messages ala the note system in Dark Souls/Bloodbourne.
>>
>>44731841
Yeah your audience would be the super rich

The middle class may buy 1 or 2 in there lifetime they would be popular courting gifts
>>
>>44735995
did you at least read the thread? how about instead of explaining why it cant do X, you try finding Y, another creative use that would actually work?
>>
>>44736060
I did read the thread, and what I saw was a bunch of morons trying to break the spell without understanding what it was actually capable of.

So, what can it do thats interesting? Not much. It can be used as an alarm system, from alerting people while camping to alerting nearby guards in a restricted place. It can be used to fake a haunting. Basically, it can be used in any instance where a bit of sound is useful to some group.
>>
>>44731841
>no one is going to pay more than a few copper for a song
*looks at Amazon and iTunes selling songs for about $1.00 each* Oh, sure Anon. Sure. No more than a few copper.
>>
>>44736471
Someone actually went and figured out what the exchange rate of dollar to D&D gold piece was , and it was something like 100 dollars to one gold.

So a copper for a song makes perfect sense.
>>
>>44736545
i was just about to ask for this information, good timing
>>
>>44736046
>Middle Class
What?
>>
>>44736545
That seems a little high to me; I'd like to see the original research, if anyone has a link or screenshot.
>>
>>44737144
Ill do some googling since I seem to have lost the bookmark. A basic breakdown of it was that he took average wages and the cost of various items currently and then tied those to the cost reflected in the book instead of just going by price of gold. It worked out to roughly a 100 dollars to a gold piece.
>>
>>44737144
>>44739063
I couldnt find the exact research but pretty much every page I did find compared cost of service towards in game pay for labor and the price of items and pretty much all agree that it works out to about a 100$ per gold piece.

Adventurers are fucking loaded, and dragons hoards would fund entire economies for small countries.
>>
>>44739063

Makes sense in terms of adventurer economy which is crazy compared to any sensible economy
>>
>>44726377
>Deep Rot 2.0
>>
>>44725109
Can you do that?
>>
>>44745202
Not without DM-sanctioned reworking of the spell or some shit like that. See >>44726013
>>
>>44744878

Nah, it's more a way to network Deep Rot dungeons together using Magic Mouths set up inside tin cans that are then strung together with string to link the deep rots with "magic modems". Basically just need a small skeletal mouse or something to react to the sound transmitted via the strings so that when one magic mouth makes a particular noise, the skeletal mouse can then do something that acts as a trigger for the magic mouth to send a confirmation signal or to send a different signal back down the string.
>>
>>44724980
>Place a Magic Mouth on an item that challenges anyone who picks it up to an easy riddle
>Said item explodes when the right command word is spoken
>The command word is the answer to the riddle
>>
>>44749400
That works until the barbarian decides to ignore the magic mouth and take it anyway. Very funny though.
>>
File: breaking magic mouth.png (22KB, 1343x807px) Image search: [Google]
breaking magic mouth.png
22KB, 1343x807px
>>44724980
We break it the only way we know how, anon.
>>
>>44750016
>That works until the barbarian decides to ignore the magic mouth and take it anyway.
Unless there's another effect in place which prevents the proper utilization of the item until another command word is spoken.
>>
>>44726013
>no mention of what a mouth looks like
Welp. Looks like I'm gonna imagine a really tiny mouth with a glowing uvula that responds to >>44726377 and his mouth-powered GPU to make a pixel cell for a display.
The only thing stopping us from making powerless computers out of these things is spell cost and casting time. And that really just needs in-setting research, or a boon from a deity, to be done to make it cheaper/easier.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.