[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you play such casual, conformist, mainstream RPGs, /tg/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

Why do you play such casual, conformist, mainstream RPGs, /tg/?

Aren't you supposed to be more intelligent and creative than the average person?
>>
>>44709952
How many RPGs does the average person play, anon?

Check. Mate. Move on.
>>
>>44710113
Probably about 0.1 if you include Risk.
>>
>there are 2 "other games" categories

What brain dead chimp made this infographic?
>>
I play Mutants and Masterminds.
>>
>>44710138
Clearly you've never played Other D&D and Other Shadowrun, back on Bizarro World. Poor you.
>>
>>44710138
I assume "Other games" is people who list ther game as "Other" while "other listed games" is people who list their game as a game from the list.
>>
>>44710171
>Clearly you've never played Other D&D and Other Shadowrun, back on Bizarro World.

Are they actually good?
>>
Hey guys, I bet I can guess who made this thread.

ps your habit of stringing exactly three adjectives together to describe something is a dead giveaway, touhoufag.
>>
Who told you that
>>
>>44710138
Other listed games: published games available for the public
Othe games: anon's fantastic magical kingdom, now running on a custom d82 dicepool system.
>>
>>44710277
Hey! As the OP, I object to being compared to a diseased weeboo.

>>44710248
>Are they actually good?
YES! They're excellent.
>>
>>44709952
>I choose RPGs based on what will make me the coolest instead of which one is the most fun
Congratulations on being worthless
>inb4 B-but D&D isn't fun
You specifically complained about these games being conformist and mainstream, as well as "casual" (which, whatever it's supposed to mean, is basically just a synonym for the other two), not anything about the systems themselves. Don't try to pretend this shitpost is something it isn't.

Regardless, it is nice to see some unambiguous proof of 5e's success. Hell, I don't even play 5e. I'm just glad WotC seems to have actually gotten it right this time.
>>
>>44710362
F-fuck, I was wrong.

don't type like a diseased weeaboo then, anon

Also: Where'd PTU go? It was kinda neat that a little game from /tg/ got its own category before.
>>
>>44709952
Because they're fun. Fight me.
>>
>>44710649
>I'm just glad WotC seems to have actually gotten it right this time.
It's the easiest one to unfuck, at least. Main reason I use it.
>>
>>44709952
why are you having the wrong kind of fun: the thread.
thanks, OP.
>>
>>44709952
>5E the winrar
>PF the successful millionaire cousin
>3.5E the middle-aged dad
>4E the redheaded stepchild
>>
>>44710126
Remove risk and where does it sit? 0.00?
Wow man, that's pretty unknown and underground. Nothing casual or mainstream about it.
>>
>>44709952
All of these are literally shit except for WoD and Shadowrun

Dont agree with my obvious b8? Debate me faggot
>>
>>44710826
>>5E the winrar

Because it's the current fucking edition, numbnuts
>>
>>44709952
Am I the only one who finds that the proportion of "other games" and "other listed games" is quite large?
>>
>>44710992

You mean the world of darkness where you have a 90 percent chance of hitting with a gun but,only like a tiny chance of killing in one shot because of dicepools?

Shadowrun is slightly better but requires shit loads of rolls to resolve comvat. I couldn't even make,it through their QSR.

If you like them, that's fine. But,you can't expect other people,to like them as well.
>>
>>44710992
Warhammer is great. I bet you are a classless commie supporter buttblasted because you cannot make a broken character in rank 1
>>
File: PBF270-The_Jubilee.png (173KB, 865x453px) Image search: [Google]
PBF270-The_Jubilee.png
173KB, 865x453px
>>44710896
>>44711013
>>44710649
>>44710138
>>
>>44711059
Ha! Jokes on you Dark Heresy is on my list of favourite games

That being said, that ability to not fail every 3/4 rolls doesn't make a game OP, anon-kun
>>
>>44709952
>Why do you play such casual, conformist, mainstream RPGs, /tg/?

We all know obscure, hard to understand games are da best. What is the RPG equivalent of Dank Souls?
>>
>>44711055
Just because you can hit someone doesn't mean you hit something vital.
Also i tend to play with the optional rule under WoD where, if you hit with a firearm, you automatically inflict the weapon's damage value. Firearms are deadly
>inb4 you have have to use house rules to fix a shit game
Its a rule in nWoD and translates easily into cWoD. Also, if you can make the game your own, why bother playing an RPG? Go fucking grab a board game or play vidya on your console, kek
>>
>>44711071
That's a Perry Bible Fellowship picture, yes. It's not a particularly good reaction image though.
>>
>>44709952
>Aren't you supposed to be more intelligent and creative than the average person?
I never said that, that's just your own assumptions. Which I find really interesting, why did you jump to the conclusion that I'm a better person than you?
>>
>>44711220
He must have very low feeling of his own self worth.
>>
>>44709952
Are the 3.5 games lasting longer?
The 5e numbers look odd.
>>
>>44711754
>Are the 3.5 games lasting longer?
They had a bit of a head start.

>The 5e numbers look odd.

All the numbers are odd because this is not a properly framed single-choice survey. It's just a compilation of how many people multiple-chose different game names. Since the beginning of roll20. It doesn't even account for whether that person/DM is even playing/running a game right now.

So really only the relative rankings can be said to be true, everything else is wonky.
>>
File: 1451571949873.jpg (166KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1451571949873.jpg
166KB, 850x1202px
>>44709952
I'm surprised WOD is back, it was almost dead there for a while.
>>
>>44712772
Still a joke.
>>
>>44709952
I play a mix of sword path glory,rhand morningstar missions and gurps.

So nope
>>
>>44710992
Shadowrun is a shitty mess though
>>
File: 1450005830272.jpg (110KB, 366x558px) Image search: [Google]
1450005830272.jpg
110KB, 366x558px
Mfw I'm a True Patrician (tm) and play none of the named games in OP's giant bait pic.
>>
>>44709952
>1/5 of Roll20 games are 3.PF

It's like something out of a horror film.
>>
>>44719402
>Don't play Other Games
So.... You play nothing?
>>
>>44709952
Because you can't play an RPG without a group.
>>
>>44719972
>Implying there's a game named Other Games
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.