[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Draft is the best Format. Prove me wrong. Oh wait, you can't.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: MtG.jpg (52KB, 300x416px) Image search: [Google]
MtG.jpg
52KB, 300x416px
Draft is the best Format. Prove me wrong.

Oh wait, you can't.
>>
Well since it is, why would anyone even try to disprove this
>>
>>44708060
I dunno, I figured it'd make for a nice mental exercise.
>>
>>44708060
You're right, let's continue to play our supe-- other formats while ignoring OP's thread.
>>
>>44708088
>Implying that any format is superior to Draft

Literally no argument for that.
>>
>>44708115
You're right, there's no argument, so let's not argue about it. What a great thread, right Anon? :^)
>>
>>44708040
>draft
Literally EDH
>>
>>44708040
Well, yeah, but which draft format is the best one?

If you can't decide, are cubes better than set drafts?
>>
>>44708040
Well since no ones gonna say I guess I will... Fuck...

OPs A HUGE FAG! There? Everyone happy?
>>
decks built from drafting are dull to play

except perhaps for cube draft
>>
>>44708140
It's Ravnica Cube obviously
>>
>>44708161
Anon, stop! You'll hurt OP's feelings that way!
>>
>>44708161
>>44708197
My god... I only wanted to share my love for draft! But now I see the truth! I shall die alone and unloved, disrespected by all!

In truth, I'm just new to magic and wanted to talk about draft, maybe hear some stuff about why other formats are good, but man, I'm probably really shit at making threads. Sorry 'bout that.
>>
>>44708223
Other formats are good when you have money
Best formats are still Limited and Kitchen-table
>>
>>44708223
That's okay Anon, see you actually just pointed something out that would have been good to know beforehand. Draft is wonderful for new players, it's the best way to learn how to get gud at the game and expand your budding collection of cards.

In this situation, yes, Draft is definitely the best format. But for people who have been playing a lot longer, can see the obvious monetary problems with Standard, and want to play with the best combos their mind can come up with, formats such as Legacy and EDH are the superior option.

I personally prefer Modern since that covers all of the sets that I've been around for and is much more casual. Well, unless you're one of the hypercompetitive types of people that like to post in Modern General.
>>
>RNG shitfest shilled by the good players so they have shitty players to beat and make lose money
yeah naw.
Vintage>Legacy>Pauper>Shit>Getting shoot in the head>Sealed>Playing fucking HS>EDH/Other memeformats>Modern
>>
limited is more fun
>>
Now that OP has hopefully finished replying to himself I'll prove him wrong.

In a vacuum where each player can supposedly choose from equally powerful cards in his pod, the deck building element of draft could be said to be the most skill intensive because of the time limit. However, this is certainly not the case and in fact in the vast majority of times it is the opposite. Given this, and by the sheer number of possible card options in any other format I would say the deck building if it isn't actually more difficult (due to netdecking and such) it's at least completely fair (for the most part outside of financial issues of course).

Then you get into actual gameplay. In constructed formats although there are enough rogue brews/deck options to keep the meta in flux and interesting there's also enough consistency to make it possible for a player to read the meta and adjust his deck/sideboard to suit. Little tweaks or major adjustments (that no one saw coming lets say) could be the difference between winning a tournament or not. However, even in the case of a boring predictable meta there are often times only so many permutations (or lines a player can take) in a given game that each choice they make is crucial but it is also possible for a skilled player to fairly consistently be able to make the right ones. For example: Playing standard and my opponent passes the turn to me with four mana up and the right colors for Ojutai's Command with baby jace in the graveyard. I have to at least consider playing around this. Is it a bluff? Based on what's in the graveyard or how many cards he has in hand what are the chances of him having the spell in hand? Do I want to play an off curve creature to bait it or am I going for broke with the best creature I have right on curve?

In draft, you rarely have these kinds of decisions because either the deck is a straight forward midrange deck or a gimmick deck you can't interact with.
>>
>>44708040
I agree, but it's also really expensive to play as often as I would want to do it.
>>
>draft cube
>no shitty cards

>draft limited
>tons of fucking garbage
>you paid for this
>this trash is justified

People like you make Wizards think that Magic players are retarded. You're the reason new sets are 75% unplayable shit.
>>
>>44708502

>Le "no skill in making the best of a random start" meme :^)
>>
>>44708040
De gustibus non est disputandum. I can no more disprove your opinion on what's the best format than I can disprove your belief that apples are better than oranges. So, congrats, OP. You win. That was fun.
>>
Limited, Standard, and Modern are killing the game by forcing WOTC to print 200 trash cards per set instead of 20 playable cards.
>>
>>44708140
It depends on the cube and the set.
But the best cubes are better than the best sets.
>>
>>44708227
Peasant and Pauper are both good when you don't have money.
But it's hard to find people to play with.
>>
>>44709116
>Open jace TMS, jace TMS and jace TMS
>Hehe, outskilled kiddo ;)

I forgot to say, limitards are the most anally retarded faggots
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.