[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THIS IS THE FUTURE THAT YOU CHOSE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 29

File: Plague Waifu.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Plague Waifu.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
The game officially releases on the 19th!

ANON CREATED A CHARACTER FOR THE GAME! POLL RESULTS FINALIZED!

The poll results have been counted and the votes are tallied up. 3 boards (/tg/, /v/ and /vg/) were tasked with voting to create a named hero character for the game, which will be included on release day. The character will be summonable via a secret menu in the stage coach by pressing enter. After a week of voting, the following is what you and your fellow autists created:

Name: Briar Patch
Class: Plague Doctor
Clothing: Red cloak w/gold trim
Battle Skills: Plague Grenade, Noxious Blast, Disorienting Blast, Incision
Camping Skills: Encourage, Self-Medicate, Experimental Vapors
Quirks: Manslayer, Nymphomania, Deviant Tastes

No, but seriously, great job on making her quirks useless. I would expect no less from you guys. Oh, but there was still her personal trinket to design...

Name: Lewd Vial
Item Type: Vial
While Camping: +SPD, +ACC, +Stress Resistance, -PROT, -Disease Resistance, -Trap Resistance

You all deserve a round of applause for that one. It was a fun week, everyone. Make sure to check out your handiwork in the game on the 19th!
>>
>>44674884
which game was this again, i somehow missed this.
>>
File: 1355848597719.jpg (116KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1355848597719.jpg
116KB, 500x600px
>>44674884
All I want and more.
>>
>>44674944
Darkest Dungeon. The short answer is that I backed it on Kickstarter and shared the reward of making my own content with my fellow anons. We held straw polls, everyone voted for this character. She's 4chan's own plague waifu.
>>
File: 1452351768354.gif (500KB, 375x275px) Image search: [Google]
1452351768354.gif
500KB, 375x275px
>dude sex lmao! lewd lewd lewd so funny! this grimdark noir horror video game is the perfect place for my /d/ memes!
You must be fucking kidding me. Someone's also going to pay 99$ towards the kickstarter to put this in the game, right?
>>
>>44674884
>-Trap Resistance
How lewd.
>>
>>44675184
Already submitted, friend. Already official. If you wanted to voice your opinion you had ample opportunity to do so. Sadly, for you, meme doctor will find her way into your save soon enough.
>>
>>44675184
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>44675260
You're just as bad as the furries who spammed that kaiju combat with their fursonas or the ass expansion fat fetishist who got his fedora-wearing fursona into Undertale, is all.
>>
>>44675319
Did you just come here to shitpost? Seriously get a life, faggot.
>>
>>44674884
I'm pretty sure that vial name isn't going to pass.
>>
>>44675319
>3 boards vote on building the character
>it's op's fault
If it makes you feel better, Anon, I'll be the bad guy here.
>>
>>44675184
Idiots spend their money foolishly, more news at 11.

Anyone who buys and plays Darkest Dungeons is a fool anyways. Awful game.
>>
>>44674884
I don't understand what the problem is.
>>
>>44675557
With the character or with everyone arguing?
>>
>>44675545
>opinions
Well, I agree the "communal" character /tg/ designed showcases perfectly how pathetic most of you manchildren are, I disagree it's a bad game. I enjoy it, but I'm not a hardcore roguelike player, so I enjoy the more casual dungeon-diver aspect of it.
>>
>>44675918
The character.
>>
>>44676100
Still a bad game even for casuals, but eh
>>
>>44675381
>3 boards make stupid choices
>OP uses them
>it's not OP's fault
>>
>>44674884
I voted for Occultist
>>
Man, you are some whiny bitches. Anon does something cool, and all he gets is "waaaah ur game sucks waaaaah i hate sex waaaaah" Grow up you stupid cocksuckers.

On a completely unrelated note, whatever happened to cocksucker. Such a great insult, yet I never see it even here.
>>
>>44680376
What's so bad about it?

Lack of content?
>>
>>44682262
Go fuck yourself, you whiny bitch. He did nothing cool, that shit is boring and overused trash.
>>
>>44682370
No, its just a RNG heavy game.
>>
>>44680376
It will be great once available on tablet or mobile.
>>
>>44682389
I don't see how that makes it bad.
>>
>>44682262

Some people enjoy sucking cocks in a non-ironic way, hence it isn't a great insult anymore.
>>
>>44682389
Yeah and? This is /tg/, we roll dice in our games all the fucking time. If you can manage something like D&D than the RNG in Dungeons shouldn't be a huge problem.

>>44684880
Yeah this. There's a lot more openly gay people on the internet than they're used to be and if you call them cocksuckers they'll just laugh at you.
>>
>>44680427

Unless OP told that he would ignore anything voted on if he didn't like it , I don't understand why you should complain.
>>
>>44682410
There's nothing else to the game but rng. There's no challenge presented by any mechanic other than pure rng.

>>44685174
>we roll dice in our games all the fucking time
A good game based on rng is built around risk management. Blood Bowl is an excellent example of such, where action order and proper management is built around chance management. Darkest Dungeon fundamentally fails at giving you the options to do so. Instead it has an incredibly lackluster combat system and spikes of artificial difficulty that cannot be meaningfully interacted with. The resource management is negligible with character skills being largely worthless and gold the only significant resource which has an incredibly straight forward set of best practices.

Its a bad game. Potentially enjoyable for a couple hours but it is poorly designed. There's no significant choices left to the player.
>>
>>44687675
so fucking salty
>>
>>44687675
Not to mention the devs are actively removing what little player choice remains

>>44688207
>shit, he's got a point, better call him salty

0/10 apply yourself
>>
>>44688275
you don't have a point fag

I don't think any other game has made me feel so utterly competent at doing things as Darkest Dungeon. I cannot fathom how so many people find it so difficult. It's not a cakewalk, but it's not nearly as punishing as other roguelikes
>>
>>44682262
OP spent ninety nine United States dollars to insert a fistful of stupid memes into a video game so that he could get a pat on the back on an anonymous imageboard. That doesn't qualify as cool to me.
>>
>>44688481
Behold, Anon Fag: supreme arbiter of right and wrong in the universe.
>>
>>44688481

Behold, Anon Fag: complaining someone wasting money for shits and gigglez.
>>
>>44688481
Sounds like a nigga hatin' 'cause a nigga ain't got no paper.
>>
Magical Realm manifest.

I approve.
>>
>-Trap Resistance

Okay that's pretty neat.
>>
>>44687675
As someone who has put in about 40 hours of playtime with Darkest Dungeon I agree completely. The core problems with the game are, in my opinion, as follows:

1) Being unable to send higher level adventurers to easier dungeons. The difficulty spike between easy and medium is so drastic that you WILL lose people when doing your first few Medium runs because you just haven't unlocked the smithing potential to get your gear up to snuff. Basically the game forces you to send your competent adventurers to their deaths, wasting all the resources you put into them and setting you back hours. If you could send them on easier missions you could train them up slowly until they were skilled enough and equipped enough to handle those harder dungeons.

2) Many diseases completely cripple adventurers and make them worthless in combat. I've regularly seen my 'main' party getting 2-3 diseases EACH after a dungeon, that shit takes multiple weeks to remove and reduces my income from the adventuring to literally negative coins. I have to send low-level heroes on poorly-equipped milk-runs just to afford to get my primary line-up un-fucked.

3) Stress is far, FAR too easily acquired and any stress management items usually come with drawbacks that ensure the character is useless. Stalling in combat is boring but it was the only way to have ANY chance of characters not going completely psychotic in the dungeon.

4) The benefits of resting are far too low, making longer dungeons significantly harder than short ones.

5) Longer dungeons offer more loot, sure, but you're NEVER going to have enough inventory space to carry it all out.

There's more problems, like Vestals being essentially required in every party because without them you're just screwed, but those five are the big ones.
>>
Hey guys, I have not played ever since they added the new classes. What are your favorite party builds?
>>
>>44675184
I wish we had more people like you.
>>
>>44688577
Having a disposable $99 is not an impressive feat. I just have better uses for my money than inserting memes into a video game and amusing a bunch of immature /tg/ retards as they huddle together and giggle while mumbling "penis penis penis vagina vagina vagina! haha sex sex sex!"
>>
>>44689521

Man At Arms
Abomination
Occultist
Jester

Good for any boss, at any difficulty.
>>
>>44688738
Second
>>44689671
Welcome to 4chan
Now get out
>>
>>44688738
Thirded
>>
Yet another opportunity to add an interesting character to a decent game ruined by horny teenagers, why do people let this sort of thing happen?
>>
>>44691861
>plague waifu
>non interesting
uwotm8

Even though she's a joke character, let's break down exactly what she's offering right now.

>She has Manslayer
Good for bandit fights.

>She has 2 quirks that make her unable to unstress in town
Good for a challenge.

>She has no healing battle skills
Which means she's going to be stacking that blight and bleed every turn.

>Her camping skills are subpar.
Potentially heal an ally 50%, heal self and removing stress is a viable set for a support character.

>Her trinket a shit
Again, challenge mode. Even still, she's going to be getting a speed/accuracy and stress resist boost (to offset her own inability to rest in town). It's an interesting combination and even though she's meant to be a joke, there's still some gameplay potential in there if only the haters could see so.
>>
>>44691861

On the other hand, we can just send these abominations to death
>>
>>44692116
>plague doctor
>seeing any actual use in-game
It may be one of the worst classes. They are only good for a single boss.
>>
>>44692155
>cleaning out corpses
>buffs for single target damage
>>
>>44692182

There are classes that provide that and most buffs come from camping.
>>
>>44688738
But the reasons you stated are why I liked the game.
>>
>>44688738
Unpopular opinion incoming I guess.

Everything you chock up to RNG is not RNG.

1) The fact you can't send higher level heroes out to do easy missions is excellent. Otherwise you're playing Grind:The Fuck My Shit Uppening. This will also be the first of many hints I'm going to share: Choose your first dungeon of any new rank carefully. Don't go for exterminates, take a scout with scout items and get an explore mission.

2)The first part of this complaint is... Sad really. It's instructive why you're sucking though. You see, you need a pool of heroes. The idea of a main team is laughably close sighted. More on this later at the end. You think you need Vestals, haha... The second part of (2); So called milk runs are not useless. They're needed after a bad run, but they're also needed to train up your backup team. They're also good for you as a player, because with a few good items you can send newbies on that milk run and just make bank.

3)Stalling?? Holy shit man. Never, never fucking stall. Alpha, always plan to bring cc and alpha. Plague doctor with the right (and very easily obtainable) items can lock down the back two enemies, even at mission 6+ scrits.esist levels. She's fast too. The barbarian (what's her class?) Can stun the first two enemies. Speed her up and pick your poison. The added benefit of cc and alpha means you will face little to no stress, and what stress you do find can be handled by camping and crits.

4) Oh look! We were just talking about camping. The fact you think camping makes the game harder is... Unspeakable. Camping buffs like the hounds master's scouting, or the tactician guys dodge, not to mention self buffs and the almighty graveyard humor- these things are insanely good. 100% scout chance, with a team fully buffed? How can you think camping is bad, no please, tell me; did you read the skills even? Feed your men extra and stress goes down too! Blah! Blahhh! God man, haha, I don't even know what more to tell you.
>>
>>44692866

Just as an aside, Stun sucks now. Better use damage buffs for fast kills.
>>
>>44688738
Cont.
5) This isn't RNG. I'll add that everything so far has been about your choices, often your bad CHOICES. You make choices about what to carry. Do you need gold? Heirlooms? Equipment? What's the point of a game that lets you use op heroes to trivialize content, carry everything you want, and has no threat to your people but physical damage? You know what kind of game Darkest Dungeon is, right? Like, its your opinion not to like it, but objectively its a wonderful rogurlike with excellent art. The fact you want an easier game has a simple solution; find an easier game! Lol.

6) Vestals: They are useful. Sometimes.

That sums it up. That also happens to sum it up for every class though. You do not need any healing. Healing is purposefully weak, and building a team around sustain is nice, but after the first few boss fights you should have realized... You will take zero damage from a dead enemy. Better to have cc than healing, and best of all to have cc and alpha.

I'm sure you have other imaginary issues with this game; roadblocks to success you put in your own way, but I've covered the ones you listed, and in doing so I can't help but think your just not cut out for games that don't hold your hand. You're in luck though! You're in the majority. Go enjoy the plethora of bland games that force you to make choices no more difficult than what color to dye your armor. I like those games too anon, but there's more to gaming than what you like, and what you can (not) handle.
>>
>>44693001
Dude, reading comprehension please. Did I say take stuns over alpha? Did I say alpha twice, just to underline its value? If you don't want to take stuns, fine. My advice was quite clearly and verbatim: Pick your poison. I like having options. Damage is king, and will always be king. I can't believe you felt the need to reinforce that in the frame of 'anon let me correct you' but I must just be getting salty the more I internalize just how dense you have to be to think Darkest Dungeon is dependant on RNG, and thinking D&D is less so. Bleh I'm out. Go read a guide your home your skills if you want to stop sucking at this game.

Also good for you OP. Thanks for doing something fun.
>>
>>44692866
>>44693052
1) It's a badly designed mechanic that makes no sense in-game. The characters know of the horrors lurking in the dungeon. In order to reach level 3+ (when this phenomenon starts) they must have suffered terrible blows and faced maddening beasts. There is simply no good reason why any such adventurer would say "I've now arbitrarily decided that I will never accept quests unless there is a significant chance of me dying horribly."

2) You presume that I'm sucking at the game, which is far from the truth. You can do well at a video game and still find mechanics (like disease affliction) overly punishing and poorly designed.

3) You might want to define Alpha, and you might as well refer to it as Crowd Control at least once, for clarity's sake.

4) I never said that camping makes the game harder, nor did I imply such. Learn to read, sir. I am saying that the increase of dungeon difficulty due to additional encounters is not compensated adequately by the ability to camp.

5) I never advocated OP heroes, infinite carrying capacity, or whatever 'has no threat to your people but physical damage' means. You're making a strawman here. and it's not convincing anyone.

I would furthermore like to say that 'git gud' is not a fair response to a game being fundamentally flawed.
>>
The level cap concept would work far better if there wasn't this absolute margin between level 1 and level 3 dungeons. If there were, somehow, level 2 dungeons?

Diseases aren't that painful, half the time they're inconsequential and if you're actually getting barraged by diseases you're either licking corpses or not killing enemies fast enough. Dodge is a good thing too, it's why people recommend armour as the first upgrade. If you can't kill the filthy pigs fast enough, dodge that shit.

Stress is fine. It adds pace to your dungeon. It should steadily climb and "management" should be limited to either shifting it from one party member to another, or merely slowing the inevitable climb. And again, if crit stress is fucking you up, muh dodge.

I would be up for a slight increase in carrying capacity for longer dungeons, even if it came with a nerf to short ones. I regularly take enough equipment to max out my inventory even on shorts. If not, it'd be nice if you could leave stuff on the ground and collect it later. I won't scrap my shovels until I know I won't need them, but until then, they're wasting a slot I could have filled with onyx.
>>
>>44688417
>I don't think any other game has made me feel so utterly competent at doing things as Darkest Dungeon. I cannot fathom how so many people find it so difficult. It's not a cakewalk, but it's not nearly as punishing as other roguelikes

That's our point you insipid fuckstick
>>
File: oh yeah.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
oh yeah.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>44675184
>getting this mad about what someone wants to do with their money
>doesn't even have to affect your gameplay in the slightest
hang yourself please
>>
>>44692866
>not using a Vestal with two +heal trinkets and laughing your way through the game

At that point it's only stress that matters

I personally have a mod for a 40-character barrack. If you have the base 20, your lineup will probably look something like this:

A-team (6-8 heroes) that you take for most missions and rotate out as needed
B-team (3-6 heroes) lower level, less equipped and trained, swap in when A-team suffers a disaster or needs several weeks of break
D-team (4-6 heroes) low-level scrubs you have for suicide runs, if they survive they get to be cool.

Stalling is often the only way to keep your health high through a dungeon. Nothing wrong with stalling a turn or two if you have an enemy who's weak, you have stunned, etc.

Also you think stunning is good, toppest of keks

They nerfed crit stress heal hard, now it heald 2-7 or so on a random number of adventurers, you will take way more from monster crits

Camping doesn't make the game harder (except when you get ambushed, which is often enough to fuck you) but long dungeons are not worth it at all

>>44693052
DD is very easy, RNG spikes are literally the only difficult thing to deal with. Git gud if you think it's hard

>You do not need any healing
heh
sucker

>You do not need any healing
How are those fights where you get 4 hounds that attack one hero with 2 crits and stacked bleed going?

You're just an idiot, I should have realized.
>>
File: IMG_7864.png (973KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7864.png
973KB, 1280x720px
>posting the shit version
>>
So what's all this then?
>>
hairy plague doctor
>>
>>44697136
Why do you think the Plague Doctor that anon voted on is named "Briar Patch"? Eh? Ehhhh?!
>>
>>44697217
I don't know. Tell me.

Tell me there's relevant masturbatory material.
>>
File: 1447085300212.png (243KB, 432x426px) Image search: [Google]
1447085300212.png
243KB, 432x426px
>>44696998
/v/,/vg/,and /tg/ made a named character for the game "Darkest Dungeon", a rogue-lite dungeon crawler that fully releases on the 19th.
Pretty fun game desu.
>>
File: latest.jpg (292KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
292KB, 1920x1080px
>>44688738
>using the meme healer
>not based occultist
>>
>>44697585
Vestal is great for keeping your whole team healthy especially at higher levels when their mass healing gets statistically superior to their single target heal. Occultist is fine but when both my front line get knocked down to death's door I prefer being able to save both of them and not having a chance of accidentally killing one of them due to bleed.
>>
>>44693052

Hey anon, what are you running now against the Prophet?
>>
>>44697883
Not him, but Prophet is among the easiest bosses of the game. Plague Doctors and/or Grave Robbers to stack Blight on him from over the benches, a frontline tank to eat the falling debris (preferably Leper for self-heal). Last slot either Vestal to come to him fully healed and fuck deathdoor or BH to stack bleed.
>>
File: Can not have enough.png (228KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
Can not have enough.png
228KB, 500x625px
>>44688738
Counterargument:

1. The huge spike in difficulty between medium and hard is because you need at least level 2 skills and equipment for your party. If you don't have that your party isn't what the mission requires as in veterans. You're under prepared and if you go in and haven't realized that, and still refused to retreat, then you had it coming.

However, the reasoning for veteran members to refuse to go into lower tier dungeons because it's below is silly.

2. The more you play, the more you learn. Always attack the fucking diseased fuckers first then everything else second.
Also use the Plague Doctor's camping skills since she has three to do with completely removing disease from party members

3. There is many ways to avoid acquiring stress, and many ways to rid yourself of stress.
It's really trial and error in the ways of target the stress guys first, what objects cause stress and what team mates synergize well together to reduce the amount of stress taken.

4. Well more often that not I agree with you for LONG dungeons, but for medium ones you often should camp as soon as possible to reap the benefits from camp skills and have spare lots in your inventory.

5.No argument. Other than choose the best loot. Aim for the quest reward.

6. Vestal is for shitters. Who can't handle the mighty load of a good crusader. THE BEST CLASS FUCKER.
>>
File: 1425139031456.jpg (665KB, 1280x1709px) Image search: [Google]
1425139031456.jpg
665KB, 1280x1709px
>>44689521
Front:Crusader
Second:Man At Arms
Third:Grave Robber
Fourth:Plague Doctor

I only use this party for the Ruins, and Cove, because they wreck the shit out of everything in those two specific locations.
Nothing can get in the way.
All the bosses turn to complete shit when this party comes hauling.
>>
>Holyfags everywhere.

No love for Abomination?
>>
>>44698491

Blight build? Any reason in particular why you do not flip Crusader with Man at Arms to have an extra 4th row attack?
>>
File: spooks.jpg (33KB, 352x370px) Image search: [Google]
spooks.jpg
33KB, 352x370px
>>44698498
Abomination is too good my man, I had the bastard wipe out an enemy team on his own in the first round at level zero.
However his value drops drastically due to not being able to pair with the crusader, but seriously though the abomination is a god 2nd position guy party member.
If those two were paired the game would be too easy.
>>
>>44698620

This.
Abomination is good, but giving up Crusader AND Leper is just too much.
>>
>>44698530
I normally would agree with you but there is a specific item for the crusader that give's him 3% crits and 33% for healing abilities only if he is in the front row.
>>
>>44689521

Leper
Bounty Hunter
Occultist
Arbalest

Nigga puts mark. BH and Arbalest one-shot anything marked.
>>
>>44698677

That a good point; you will use that more often than Holy Lance. And you can just spec Lance and flip them for when you need it.
>>
>>44698721
>Not going for a full marking squad where at the start of the round is used to mark the whole enemy team.
Anon, I'm disappointed.
>>
I saw this thread, had gotten busy with life and forgot I got DD quite a while back. Was pretty damn good at it.
Playing now?
Fucking terrible. I guess they changed up shit in those updates I had to DL.

The only thing I don't particularly care for in games like this is that I don't like having to relearn everything. I'm going to put the game down again until after it releases fully, then see if they finally have everything stabilized, but...

I'm still not a fan of difficulty only through learning a system. I hate when system mastery=easy mode (barring RNG fuckery, but if you know the proper steps to take, you can minimize that). I'd prefer a more simple system with more organic difficulty.

That said, it's still fun. Frustrating to have to figure out what's changed, but still great for 30 minutes to an hour of time killing for me.
>>
I'm more excited for oxenfree desu senpai sempai
>>
>>44688738
only one I 100 percent agree with is 5. I'm not saying we need double inventory space but maybe make it so that valuables you leave behind stay in the room you leave them in so you can re assess your inventory situation, if for nothing more than the fact that it doesn't make sense that everything vanishes.
>>
>>44698852

Who marks on the frontline?
>>
>>44700042
Nigrarbalest > Mohammed > Dogfucker > Boba Fett

Full mark party. Kinda retarded though.
>>
>>44700175
If it works, it works.
>>
>>44688738
>1) Being unable to send higher level adventurers to easier dungeons. The difficulty spike between easy and medium is so drastic that you WILL lose people when doing your first few Medium runs because you just haven't unlocked the smithing potential to get your gear up to snuff. Basically the game forces you to send your competent adventurers to their deaths, wasting all the resources you put into them and setting you back hours. If you could send them on easier missions you could train them up slowly until they were skilled enough and equipped enough to handle those harder dungeons.

I have no clue why they even put in the dumb level tier system for the game, especially considering that all of the bosses and the majority of enemies at higher tier dungeons are the exact same as before only with a slightly different name and bigger numbers. It feels pointlessly padded.

IMO they should only have 3 levels for your characters in the game and balance everything around that, with no higher tiers of dunegons with repeat bosses/enemies with bigger numbers. Have the difficult of dungeons be harder for a level 1 character, roughly average for a level 2 character and slightly easier for a level 3 character. Make the game tough to work through early on, but if the player is smart and skilled enough to get a character to survive long enough to reach level 3, then they get rewarded by their veteran character being able to handle themselves generally better.

As is, there's no real feeling of strength escalation with the tier system. My level 5 characters in the level 5 dungeons seem to have as much trouble as my level 3 characters in the level 3 dungeons. What's the point of having these locked tiers? They add nothing.
>>
I just played for the first time since the dog walker was released yesterday.

Did they make Hellions garbage or something?
>>
>>44674884
DW OP, I think the joke character you paid to put in the game is pretty neat.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 551x468px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 551x468px
I didn't know people were putting characters in the game. Do they have a list of what's been submitted?
>>
File: WallPaper_Abomination_sml.jpg (853KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WallPaper_Abomination_sml.jpg
853KB, 1920x1080px
>>44701018
Here's one.
>>
So here's the deal.

The people who are giving the dev team feedback right now are the people most committed to the game.

They play more, so they have more opportunity to spot things they dislike.

They know the game better, so they are more likely to call out suggested changes rather than assuming 'it's a feature' or that they just don't like the game.

And most importantly, they know apt terminology to use for their complaints, making them far easier for the dev team to read and so more likely to be implemented.

However, this is where the flaws of early access (for potentially good games trying to legitimately use it, not just scammers) come in.

These people feel a whole lot like playtesters to the dev team, and inevitably get used as such. But they are absolutely not.

First and foremost, they are highly biased and invested players interested entirely in their own fun, as opposed to professional playtesters who are trying to be unbiased and uninterested players invested in producing effective feedback to the developers so they are likely to get booked for future playtesting gigs.

These peopel are super-users of the game,. playing far more, becoming far more involved with hte mechanics, uncovering far more exploits, and in short, being far more competent than standard users. While these peopel do provide useful feedback for this specific reason, it is VITAL that this be in context. In a full release game these voices are balanced by the ordinary players. In an early access game far fewer regular people have bought in because early access is almost entirely scams, so the superusers can easily form an echo chamber that makes their niche views of difficulty seem normal, and even cause them to compete with each other to have even more THIS GAME IS SO EASY shit.

And lastly, the superusers have played the game for long enough to be utterly familiar with the terminology in the gamer and formal expression CONT.
>>
>>44701444 CONT

...so they are more likely to appear valid than equally legitimate or even more legitimate complaints from newer players.

What this will mean for the game is that it will release in a state optimised for super-users who will inevitably regard some of the flaws of the game as features. That can be bad. What WILL be bad is that as well as this, super-users tend to despise strategies that are disproportionately effective at low skill levels, and are much more effective in skill-to-power ratio than later, technically-more-powerful strategies. The problem is that these strategies are utterly vital to a game like this because they are the thing that give players a real taste of power that comes from exploring hidden or concealed mechanics and exploits, and they are essential for allowing new players to meaningfully access the game and become the regular playerbase. Ask anyone who develops fighting games, by nature having complex skill-based mechanics and almost always requiring a high skill floor to even bother participating in multiplayer, and they will share this belief.

So the game is going to come out in a state that is relatively inaccessible for new players and with unexpected bugs/flaws that seem too obvious to have missed. Good news is that because a huge influx of new players in the form of a high-hype game being released will make the devs realise their oversights and stop the super-users from dominating the conversation.
>>
>>44701462 CONT

If they are a good dev team they will not ignore the older players, but will listen attentively to the newer players by preference. If they're a bad team they will ignore new players or change too little, and the game will be so inaccessible that new blood dries up, allowing the older players to maintain dominance and the game to die off without any sales.

The good this is that the dev team seems at least reasonably competent. So while Darkest Dungeon 1.0 will be notably flawed, I think Darkest Dungeon 1.1 will be a much better game, and in fact be the game that should have released.
>>
>>44701444
>>44701462
>>44701477
Excellent points, sir. Well done.
>>
>>44702722

I could be wrong. I've followed the game very closely and played it with a friend, but never myself, because I have a real thing against Early Access as a concept and don't want to encourage it.

The thing is, Darkest Dungeon is going to be as close to a success story as Early Access allows, and probably will not win out of it. It has no more players, for despite the hype engine many people have already tired of the game and will play it briefly when released then drop it. Anyone playing Early Access games could have played the actual game and not taken on the risk of buying an unfinished product.

The developers are no better, because for all they have earned early money to pay down development, all of these people are lost sales at retail - obviously, anyone who likes a game enough to buy it unfinished would buy it finished. And in the meantime the developer hours earned by extra early money are siphoned away into customer support at as much higher than usual level because the game is, of course, unfinished.

I doubt games as a whole are better for this, because all the benefits of Early Access for games development in general are identical to well-run beta programs at best, and the overwhelming numbers that never come out or come out but shit, reduce consumer confidence in games in general.

And these are the successes.

Then there are games that try but fail. Until now, if a developer failed to release a proper product, the only people who lost are themselves and their investors/publisher. Now the consumer loses directly.

And those are the few games that try. Most games are feeble rip-offs of unimaginably low quality that should not ever be for sale, or are literal scams, using early access logos as shields from criticism. Seriously, like 98% of the games aren't even trying.
>>
>>44703205

Steam allowing anyone who's published a game to dump their shitty backlog was bad, the Greenlight process was even worse, but the overwhelming flood of literal scams on Early Access is eventually unsurvivable.

What the fuck is Valve even doing at this point? They let people upload their own shit, or vote for uploading shit. The process requires basically no intervention. They only intervene in extremely rare cases, ignoring games that are literally fraud. They were so utterly shit at doing their only job that they had to create a refund system to cover just how shit they were at stopping people getting ripped off, and even then took years to do it. Even THEN they never learned the lesson that they must have been doing a fucking shit job.

They can't even competently manage their own storefront. The one thing they do actively manage, and it is inevitably bloated with shovelware, decade-old shit, and broken early-access bandwagon games that will never be released.

Steam is basically worthless at anything except being cheap, and even then, you pay for it. This used to be a prestige store that mattered to be on.

I get the argument '"they are making money for nothing so why change?", but it's dumb. Just because a fanbase has so much goodwill that your bullshit has yet to exceed their tolerance doesn't mean it isn't there. And when you finally do exceed their goodwill with your bullshit, the goodwill evaporates, leaving behind a quantity of bullshit far larger than you could have ever had without the goodwill. That turns into resentment as intense and unrelenting as your goodwill was, and is usually a corporate disaster.

This is exactly what happened to Mercedes Benz over the last decade, and it cost them massive business losses that forced them to take drastic action and incur even further losses for years to rebuild their business, which hasn't and likely never will return to its best.

And video game customers are MUCH more resentful than car buyers.
>>
>>44703318

Sorry. This has nothing to do with Darkest Dungeon, because it's one of the few legitimate Early Access games,. I'm just buttmad as fuck about Valve being retarded.

This is the huge flaw with Valve's unique corporate structure. When everyone is equal to everyone else, anyone can make calls and nobody has the capacity to overrule them. Except Gaben, who by all insider accounts might as well not come in to work at all any more for all he actually does.
>>
>>44703205
Honestly anon I do honestly hate Valve for Early Access and Steam Greenlight. It's like Nintendo with not participating in revealing where they got their materials and doing things that fans would castrate EA over.

I cannot understand why valve thinks that tanking the quality of these storefronts with scammers and low effort con artists, instead of trying to encourage an atmosphere and market for ambitious, quality titles.

Sturgeon's law doesn't apply when the powers that doesn't need to let their market be a joke. Software with no gameplay and asset flipping being the equivalent of lego building. Things like Nuclear Throne and this game should be the standard, start out with a viable minimum product and expand from there.

Sorry about that, it honestly annoys me how those site branches are pretty much on the ignore list for anyone wanting a semblance of quality.
>>
>>44703462
They spent 15 years garnering nothing but love and support from the entire PC gaming community.

Now they're using all that money in the bank to see just what buttons are safe to push and how much money that support is worth.
>>
So how would someone get the code for the character that was created? Is it just for the anon who put in the money? And, the characters who are created, will they be randomly available to recruit?
>>
Why is Valve responsible for the quality of the products steam sells? They're a retailer, as long as the store front is organized and there's a refund/warranty policy, I don't care if the products are bad.

Oh, wait, we didn't have those things for the longest time and in the respect of an organized store front we still don't really have one. Carry on with the lynching then, have fun.
>>
>>44703871

Valve owns the platform; they are responsible for what they put on it. Unless you live in some hippie all-is-free commune you will understand this from having literally ever seen a store.

To say they do not curate their products is objectively wrong. Every single thing on that website is held to certain standards. Things that fail to meet the standard are disallowed or removed. The front page of Steam is picked by someone on the Steam team, and that person is fucking awful, regularly including as 'new releases' games that are decades old, games that are not finished without clear markings, and games that are literally fraudulent in their claims as to product content.

We're fucking pissed because the quality of this platform used to be a thing of respect and is now a thing of mockery. We are allowed to be angry at a shop doing a shit job of being a shop; offering a pleasing variety of objects within its remit to purchase.

Steam did not implement its refunds policy because it felt it was nice to do for consumers. It implemented it because so many games on Steam were so far below an acceptable standard that many of them are provably illegal to sell under various national laws. They implemented refunds because otherwise things would continue to get worse until a case finally made it to the relevant courts and won, proving that (obviously) legal commercial standards apply to game purchases. This would utterly destroy Steam instantly, as so many games on there are openly misleading that I'm willing to be the large majority of the products are literally illegal to sell.
>>
>>44704230

Currently, Steam is costing consumers money by having colossal numbers of vapid shit that regularly fails to meet basic standards of sale that will be bought by people who were lied to, it is costing good developers with good games money by making it far harder for them to be seen amidst the shitstorm, and it is costing Valve money because you'd better fucking believe they had to pony up some serious cash to get any company with weight behind it to agree to the refunds policy.

The only people making more money are people selling substandard, misleading, or openly fraudulent products.
If you think that these people should be benefited at the cost of all else you can fuck right off.

Lassiez-faire is the thing fuckwits say when they want to feel they're smarter than other people while endorsing corporate criminality. If you want a literally free market go live in Somalia you fat fuck. I have to put up with the Government's bullshit, I expect it to enforce its own consumer protection laws in return.
>>
>>44701018
I submitted mine, nothing special but I like him.
Rayner
Crusader
+lots of HP and Prot
-low speed first round

Item:
Rayner's Seal
+more Prot and HP
-low speed and crits under 25 torch

Anyone is more than welcome to use him.
>>
>>44688738
I wish that classes had more variance between them.

The abomination was a good step in that direction, but most of the older ones feel pretty bland.
>>
I played this game once. In my first real dungeon I sacrificed a torch to some altar or something. What followed was so overpowered that it shat my group out before it consumed it. I stopped then and haven't played it again. I think I'll ask for a refund.
>>
>>44704623
>summons an optional boss
>cries when it wiped him out
Besides, the Shambler is better fought at low levels before it becomes truly overpowered.
>>
>>44704623
Happened to me too, but I ran away to save my group and kept playing
>>
>>44704684
I had no way of knowing it was optional, or even what it was. The warning was extremely vague. Why would they even put one of those in the first dungeon? I had no chance of winning at all. With the fact that higher level characters will refuse to go into lower level dungeons, how could it ever be defeated without mad luck?
>>44704726
I tried to run but I couldn't.
>>
>>44704744
Well for starters it only activates when you offer a torch, which is 100% optional. You took a risk in a game of risks. they appear randomly in any dungeon and yes you were fully capable of winning the fight because, as said, the Shambler is at its easiest in low level missions.
>>
>Rewards are equal to torch level.
>Putting out fire is a free action.

What is stopping me from snuffing out the torch before dealing the finishing blow.

Note that it's been almost half a year since I've touches the game.
>>
>>44704790
Is it even worth playing with low lighting?
>>
>>44704776
You don't know that when you play the game for the first time.
>>
>>44704847
Well it DOES say "DON'T DO THIS SHIT OR ELSE IT'LL FUCK YOU UP, ONII-SENPAI"
>>
>muh RNG

Understand the mechanics and limit your exposure you fucking casual
>>
>>44704847
>you took a risk in a game of risks
Let's not forget it's a fucking eldritch altar in the middle of a hall way, named after a known Lovecraftian monster, that warns you ahead of time.
>>
>>44704859
It says "if you crave the void", I thought my occultist would find it useful
>>
File: dankest fish.png (112KB, 619x562px) Image search: [Google]
dankest fish.png
112KB, 619x562px
>>44704847
>The sacrifice of fire is the gate to ruin! Place a torch if you crave the void!

Really?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
The main problem with the game is the excessive grind, exacerbated by some annoying mechanics such at the level cap on certain dungeon difficulty levels.

People say that you shouldn't be mad when a hero dies, but if you're doing a champion dungeon and have 4 lvl 6 heroes, losing even a single one of them means that you now have to grind another 50k gold and spend a shitton of time leveling another dude. And due to the level caps, you'll probably have to level a whole new group just to patch up one hole on your A squad.

So your heroes are not expendable at all in the end game, the main penalty for their deaths is having to repeat dungeons you're already used to and are pretty easy, and that's what's really annoying. The pace slows to a crawl because the act of preparing a team to move forward in the game is an unending loop of patching holes that only create more holes, and in the end you'll find yourself grinding non stop and not even doing the dungeons you actually want to do.

Honestly, even a cruise ship terror mission on Terror From the Deep on Superhuman difficulty is less frustrating than Darkest Dungeon is sometimes, on champion dungeons especially.

mods fix it
>>
>>44704898
>>44704877
It's easy to say when you read about all curios, right? I don't complain, I got away with that and it was amusing.
>>
>>44704958
>>
File: smugilar.jpg (32KB, 250x217px) Image search: [Google]
smugilar.jpg
32KB, 250x217px
>>44704958
Okay, I guess if you're a complete nose-picking idiot, you might manage to read 'fire', stick in a torch like your dick in a light socket, and be like 'WOAH A MONSTER!! WHO COULD HAVE PREDICTED THIS'. Maybe those people should be playing an easier game, like scratch lotto tickets.
>>
>>44704991
>>44704987
Great answer, faglord. Enjoy being hardcore in your parents basement.
>>
>>44674884
Where's the sauce on this?
>>
File: dis is bayt.jpg (35KB, 383x405px) Image search: [Google]
dis is bayt.jpg
35KB, 383x405px
>>44705021
Now you're just trying too hard.
>>
>>44705048
It works though
>>
File: 1452426028958.png (742KB, 1765x1468px) Image search: [Google]
1452426028958.png
742KB, 1765x1468px
>>44703787
>So how would someone get the code for the character that was created?

You go to a stagecoach where you pick up new party members. Press enter, type in the name, press enter again, and the kickstarter hero will be available for recruiting. I don't think it'll be available until the 19th though.

>>44704790

You can't snuff out torches during the middle of battle. I haven't tried it, but it might be a good idea to go though the dungeon, leaving the curios alone. Then when you've cleared all the battles (assuming you have a good scouter and know the layout of the dungeon well enough) you can dim the torch to get increased loot. The main risk would be creating more hallway battles, and the risk of running into a shambler, but you can avoid the latter by keeping the light low, but not pitch dark.

>>44705034
http://gannadene.deviantart.com/art/Test-of-the-Plague-Doctor-550758222
>>
>>44700175
>>44700262

Yes, but it even works? I do not like the dogfucker, I always end up regretting bringing one instead of a dedicated alpha/tank and the fucking dogbiscuits cost one inventory slot I need.
>>
>>44706806
>Yes, but it even works
Not really. You never need more than 2 marks.

>I do not like the dogfucker
You are utterly wrong. Dogfucker is very useful. My dreamteam:
Vesta > BH > Dogfucker > Leper
>>
>>44675184
Where else would you look for /d/ if not in a cartoony horror game?
>>
>>44706907

How do you speck the doglover? I always find him versatile but lacking a niche.
>>
>>44707143

I like to use:
>Hound's Rush
>Target Whistle
>Guard Doge
>Lick Wounds

Trinkets: Debuff Amulet and Ancestor's Coat.
These trinkets give you a greater chance of debuffing enemy protection (allowing your meleers to chop though them faster) and increased dodge, allowing him to dodgetank. If something manages to hit you, use lick wounds to heal yourself.

He's good when used with other mark users like the Arbalist and bounty hunter. Monsters with a lot of protection, tend to also have a lot of HP and take up two spaces, allowing them both to make use of the mark to pour a shitton of damage on monsters like the big bone armor guy, fungal giants, and swinetaurs.
>>
>>44707215

So, mark/tank. That does fit a party like yours, with a BH/Arbalist and lacking an Occultist for marks.
>>
>>44675319
Nah, inherently superior because it doesn't involve furfaggotry.
>>
File: 1384640219936.png (103KB, 283x244px) Image search: [Google]
1384640219936.png
103KB, 283x244px
>Rank 3 or 5 Houndmaster
Even Khorne would consider this much blood excessive
>>
File: 1446379613520.png (175KB, 439x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1446379613520.png
175KB, 439x1170px
>>44675319
I'd blame the creator of undertale for whatever got into undertale personally.
>>
File: kgjtdaaegsrhthtddjjyddjy.jpg (525KB, 2048x1379px) Image search: [Google]
kgjtdaaegsrhthtddjjyddjy.jpg
525KB, 2048x1379px
>>44707232

The houndmaster has arguably the best mark, since marks are most useful against monsters with high HP, and monsters with high HP tend to have a lot of protection instead of a lot of dodge.

A vestal or crusader with his healing ability could go well into a HM/BH/Arby party. With a crusader, the HM would have to go in the very back to make sure everyone can be able to be healed. With a vestal, you might want to swap out the HM's healing skill with the stun stick for extra crowd control.
>>
>>44707268
>The French laugh
>Not being spelled Haux Haux Haux
>>
How you guys find time to put all the buffs up? I used to use an opening salvo of stuns and while all enemies where stunned, put the buffs up and go to town on the third round.

But now stuns just do not stick like they used to be and any battles I end up spending too many resources because I was taking hits while buffing.

I've been relying only on campsite buffs since the last couples of updates.
>>
File: 1447065155732.jpg (39KB, 320x316px) Image search: [Google]
1447065155732.jpg
39KB, 320x316px
>>44707279
I only use 2 buffs, Adrenaline Rush (because that cleanse effect is awesome), and Bolster. Bolster is especially useful against things like the Necromancer Apprentice, but in 90% of cases, I'll just have my Man-at-arms use Bellow. Speed just feels way more important than damage or defense
>>
>>44707305
Forgot to mention Bulwark of Faith, but besides it only lasting 1 round, I also consider it more of a taunt than anything else
>>
>>44707269

Ah, Jenny Barnes. Never have I been able to turn down playing a character whose tagline is "Armed and Fabulous"
>>
>>44707348
I still remember my first game with that. Picked the magician cause why not. Found a tommy gun and obliterated EVERYTHING.
>>
I've been having a lot of success w/ a Highwayman/Highwayman/Grave Robber combo. Highwaymen are specced for ranged damage & do a rotating Point Blank Shot, just eating through whatever is in the front rank. Grave Robber uses throwing daggers to crit everything in the back row to death, and can lunge if someone in row one needs to die this turn. The HWM also have lunge, to get back into position.

I basically just immediately camp for the ranged buff's on the HWM and then chew through the whole map. The three of them dodge tank their way to victory, and are all like spd 7+

I don't know who to fill the team out w/, though. I considered Arbalest for mark/stun clears and little plinks from the backrow? Or occultist for damage debuff and WEIRD HEALING. Thoughts?
>>
>>44680427

>Waaah OP isn't being a faggot by ignoring three board's combined creation!
>it's OPs fault!

It's just a fucking character in a video game, one that might be okay. Why are you so assblasted?
>>
>>44707428
You could do either an Occultist for healing and Daemon's Pull, as well as some decent backline damage and the occasional mark, or perhaps a Plague Doctor for some sweet double backrow stuns, and great corpse cleanup along with the ability to shove a position 4 to position 1
>>
>>44707268
Yeah, didn't the furfag dude not actually want to excercise his ability to insert a character, but Toby did it anyway?
>>
>>44707456

I always overlook the Plague Doctor. His blight would stack well w/ the Grave Robber's poisoned darts too. Plus dem vapors.
>>
>>44707529
I dig Blight too, but your setup seems mostly focused on just blowing shit up in less than 3 turns, and that's not the Doctor's forte. I was considering doing something with a Plague Doctor, a Grave Robber, and a position 2 or 3 Abomination who wouldn't transform. The big problem with that is that neither Abominations nor Plague Doctors have any abilities that push them towards the back rows, and of course, the fact that the only remaining spot would be 1, so no healers either
>>
>>44707428
>>44707456

This seems a good idea. I have some level 4 and 5 Highwaymen and Grave Robbers sitting in the bench ever since a few patches. I will just stick one of my ten Occultists on the back and try this.
>>
Is there any more creative analysis on trinkets? I always see the same classes using the same trinkets, over and over, as if there was an artificial "meta". I would like to see more fun and diverse parties built around less common trinkets.
>>
>>44707589
The "meta" trinkets are generally just chosen based on their safety. The ones that empower based on stress, darkness, or being at Death's Door are generally risky to use, and with the amount of RNG you already face, they can blow up in your face in a flash. It's easier just to get with flat stat boosts or increased debuff/stun chance
>>
>>44707269
>>44707348

Isn't there a Hobo with a Dog in the Arkham games as well? Or is that just Mansions of Madness?
I distinctly remember that guy braining a Zombie over the head with a lantern, setting it on fire and saving the day.
>>
>>44707629
Yea Trashcan Pete. Love that guy
>>
>>44700737
Yes

>>44700349
>What's the point of having these locked tiers? They add nothing.

Symptomatic of Red Hook's shit sense of balance as a whole

>>44701477
>The good this is that the dev team seems at least reasonably competent.

kek
>>
>>44703356
>>44703462
>>44703318
Steam is garbage. I've hated it for years. Valve is a joke company that got lucky.
>>
>>44675184
u mad
>>
>>44689671
>I just have better uses for my money

confirmed for not actually having any money
>>
>>44694059
>I would furthermore like to say that 'git gud' is not a fair response to a game being fundamentally flawed

*tips le epic fedora*

furthermore, yon fallacy doth violate the non agression principle, so your argument is invalid. Good day, my fine sir.

*lights vape pipe, turns 360 and walks away*
>>
I think the only huge issue with this game is that the RNG is stacked against you.
Just even it out and it's fine.
>>
Who you guys use for stunlock now that hellion is shit? My top team wass vestal vestal hellion hellion and it sucks now.
>>
>>44700737
>>44708725
Honestly I don't mind the Hellion changes. Being able to just brainlessly spam stunlocks and break-through to wipe out enemy groups with double Hellions was dumb and boring.

>>44709702
Plague Doctor can stun two targets in the back-row. If you team a Plague Doctor up with a Hellion you can stun the entire enemy party. Stunlocking though isn't viable since enemies get a big buff to resist it for a round after they get stunned.
>>
>>44710885

So what you usually field the helion + doctor combo with?
>>
>>44711107
I usually have another heavy in frontline with my Hellion like the Paladin, Leper, Man at Arms or Abomination. I don't have too much preference for specific heavies, as long as I have one. Man at Arms can buff and help defend the Hellion well, while the Crusader and Leper can attack both of the enemy frontliners who she stuns and also damages with breakthrough.

For my other backliner, I like to have a healer. Either the Vestal or Occultist. While the Vestal's healing abilities are more reliable, the Occultist has more potential to fuck enemies up. I usually outfit my Occultists with the healing ability, his tentacle attack that hits both enemies in the backline (works well with plague Doctor's backline double-attacks too), the tentacle pull to fuck up enemy backliners and get rid of corpses easily and the weakening curse to fuck up enemy heavy-hitters.
>>
>>44711232
Oh yeah, and the Abomination and Plague Doctor make good buddies. The Abomination's blight attack has a chance to make the enemies further vulnerable to blight, allowing the Plague Doctor to stack blight dots on them more easily.
>>
You can have a Vestal, Plague Doctor and a second Helion focused on hitting the 4th row for an all-girls party.
>>
>>44707215
Dogfucker is also useful for Blackjack stun in the first two rows. He has a fuckton of trinkets that increase stun chance and it works marvelously with BH's finishing attack.
>>
What you guys use for the flesh and the crew? I wiped the first time I tried either.
>>
>>44711545
For flesh, the Houndmaster can hit all of its parts with bleed, use it multiple times to stack that shit up. Status ailments like stun, bleed and blight are all good against it. Also go for multi-hitting, AoE attacks.
>>
File: image.jpg (434KB, 1200x1710px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
434KB, 1200x1710px
>>44674884
>Three boards (/tg/, /v/, and /vg)

Yeah, I'm seeing a bit of /v/ in here now.
>>
>>44711545
I dropped the flesh first try last night. Had Hellion, Grave Robber, Occultist, and I think an Abomination.
>>
>>44707276
>mfw I'm french I still don't understand this and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
>>
Jesus Fucking Christ guys. How controversial could a game be for an entire thread to spiral into shit. Even REDDIT had better threads than this.
>>
Does /vg/ even talk about DD? I've never seen it mentioned on that board.
>>
>>44719117
There was a general for months back when it first became playable, in February of last year.
>>
>>44710885
>Honestly I don't mind the Hellion changes.
I don't even understand the Hellion's niche anymore.

Seems like the crusader is more versatile and all around better version now.
>>
>>44718311
It's not the game, it's the current user base.
>>
>>44710885

What was changed with the Hellion?
>>
>>44721222

Certain attacks like breakthough and yawp debuff her. I generally avoid using the skills that debuff her though, only the stun is worth it imo. She can self-heal now though, and can cure her blights and bleeds.
>>
>>44721342
Hellion is garbage now tbqh

Arby-Arab-Crusader-MaA GoAT imo
>>
File: collector defeat.jpg (194KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
collector defeat.jpg
194KB, 1280x720px
>>44723921

Pretty much my A team, except with Grave Robber in Arby's place.
>>
File: MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg (36KB, 300x428px) Image search: [Google]
MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg
36KB, 300x428px
>this thread is still up
>>
>>44719117
Only /v/ cares about it. Rare DD generals die before reaching 5 posts
>>
>>44723943
Arby's bandage on the MaA or Crusader combined with a prot buff means either of them can actually tank when needed and get healed through it. Can go from death's door to 60 health in a turn.
>>
>>44724233

Funny, never saw Arby as much of a healer, I usually use her for single target damage and mass debuff.
>>
>>44707474
In Toby's defence, that character is so out of the way it's basically impossible to encounter him unless you're actively going out of your way to find him. He's behind a invisible door at the end of an invisible path that only appears on certain hours of November 8th or some bullshit like that.
>>
>>44726525
She uses the bandage, which gives a 33% heal received buff. Then does whatever else you want her to do.

And personally I like all four of my heroes to have some sort of heal, even if it's only 1 HP, to have the greatest possible chance of getting people off Death's Door.
>>
File: 1447037158615.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1447037158615.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>44728072
>And personally I like all four of my heroes to have some sort of heal, even if it's only 1 HP, to have the greatest possible chance of getting people off Death's Door.

All fun and games until your Occultist hits a heal for 0, bleeds your guy, and gets the deathblow.
>>
>>44728091
Welcome to why the Occultist is shit pt 6
>>
>>44721342

Didn't they already do that? What with her fatigue?
>>
>Tg/ talking about a vidya game in far more depth then v/ ever would.

keep making me proud lads
>>
>>44728112

I really hope the Merchant is a dedicated healer/buffer.
>>
>>44729701
Me too. Game is desperately in need of a front-line healer and a buffer worth a damn.
>>
>>44729742
MaA is a perfectly viable front line buffer, as well as debuffer and tank. Butyes, there needs to be another healer.
>>
>>44729766
Buffs and debuffs are hugely inferior to straight damage 95% of the time.
>>
>>44730187
Control is the single most powerful thing you can do in the game and that is the MaA's forte. One Bellow will lower any enemy's speed and dodge significantly, allowing your team to make their attacks first and reliably hit them. He can stun and shuffle the enemy team, buff the team with increased acc/speed/dodge, and guard an ally from direct damage and increases his own Prot by a large amount.
>>
>>44675127
Out of curiosity, have you told the developers that it was designed by 4chan? Will we be mentioned in the credits?
>>
>>44705150
Source for her getting in?
>>
>>44730923

https://steamcommunity.com/app/262060/discussions/0/458605613388496326/

This was just a random anon who claimed to be a backer, but feel free to try it a week from now when the game updates.

>>44729742

The crusader makes a good healer. I like to team him up with an occultist.
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.