[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever gotten a character or campaign idea from a weird

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: DreamCatcher-Legend.jpg (27KB, 300x585px) Image search: [Google]
DreamCatcher-Legend.jpg
27KB, 300x585px
Have you ever gotten a character or campaign idea from a weird dream?

>have a dream where I'm in a purple acid trip dimension and meet a colossal neon green floating eyeball
>telepathically communicates; tells me he's as old as the cosmos and has seen my destiny
>decide to make this the god of divination magic for my setting

I woke up before he could tell me my destiny tho.
>>
File: b1563ae557ed4d0588b2160b2b335fa1.png (987KB, 1280x693px) Image search: [Google]
b1563ae557ed4d0588b2160b2b335fa1.png
987KB, 1280x693px
That's literally the plot of Heavy Metal.
>>
I got a Villian idea from a dream. A colossal scrap metal golem with a lot of unusual features. Every time he gets killed he comes back smaller, more refined, smarter, and with less distractions that extend your lifespan.
>>
>>44674527
No, that's part of the description of one of the characters in Heavy Metal. The plot is that the orb is an evil fucker leading people to their doom until it's finally destroyed. You'd think it'd be easy to keep these things apart, but with sufficient stupidity the most astonishing things becomes reality it seems.
>>
>>44674736
You're both retarded, it's the premise of Heavy Metal.
>>
>>44674527
>>44674736
>>44674870
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5tNTUFUXFs
>>
File: 1376907240603.png (6KB, 377x326px) Image search: [Google]
1376907240603.png
6KB, 377x326px
Awake
Awake
Awake
>>
I almost never remember my dreams.
The last one I remember, why bathroom blew up and I somehow slept through it. Water pressure built up and it ripped the shower/tub out of the wall, the sunk was embedded into the ceiling and the toilet was shattered. And a closet that doesn't actually exist in my real bathroom was completely flooded.
>>
>>44674470
I had a dream once where three of my D&D group and I were secret agents, working for the US government. And Colonel Sanders was a supervillain (during our briefing, we learned that he gained his nickname "The Colonel" from his leadership of the most brutal mercenary company ever involved in the wars in Liberia and Sierra Leone). Our superiors sent us to KFC's corporate headquarters/chicken factory to retrieve the original recipe, lest he use the eleven herbs and spices for evil.

The dream played out exactly like one of our RPG campaigns; we were all behaving the ways we typically run characters. And it was the only dream I've ever had that had a coherent plotline, beginning, middle, and end. Always wanted to get the guys together and run ourselves through the plot of the dream via Risus; just see if we can live up to my subconscious mind's expectations.
>>
File: wat da fack.png (6KB, 638x706px) Image search: [Google]
wat da fack.png
6KB, 638x706px
>>44674470

I dreamed of a stout skeleton-like thing with a giraffe-length neck.

Like, picture the skeleton of a midget, but make his neck around 3 meters long.

It waddles around. In the dream, I was like a good couple meters away from it. But it bent over and its face stopped within mere centimeters of mine and just stared into my eyes until I woke up.
>>
I had a dream for the second time about going to a town called Eastwood, which the first time was near empty but the second time was full of people, and also a fountain that had jellyfish in it that people were paying to eat.

I might make it a part of something to do with the birth of magic on a new world, some sort of wizardly thoughtspace that the first wizard inhabits alone at first but fills up in time with others.
>>
Had this dream where mechs piloted only by crippled teenagers fought giant monsters attacking a walled city. Probably had something to do with my friends talking about AoT earlier and me taking a benadryl for a cough.
>>
i come up with most of my best ideas from dreams, i think its my favorite way to get new ideas
>>
File: Deep Moon.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Deep Moon.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>44674470
I had a ~41 degree fever for three days. Over those three days I kept detailed notes scribbled down over 300 pages of notebook about dreams, signs, symbols, and creations that I compiled afterward into a strange campaign set on the moon. Highlights include a miniature bear swarm, a moon emperor entombed with a terracotta army, a floating pirate ship ran by apes, a crystal palace filled with living crystal people on top of an inverted mountain that spins like a top, a troupe of fortune telling travellers riding floating sharks, and a inner moon sea with a second sea that inverts halfway through to a hollow center in which a planet eating construct is slowly waking up. I haven't got to run it yet but I will eventually.
>>
File: remilia crying&fistshake_1.jpg (139KB, 564x550px) Image search: [Google]
remilia crying&fistshake_1.jpg
139KB, 564x550px
>>44675985

>You will NEVER hear another Awake storytime about Don't Rest Your Head again
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.