[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do your characters eat the monsters they kill?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: Cooking.jpg (137KB, 808x454px) Image search: [Google]
Cooking.jpg
137KB, 808x454px
Do your characters eat the monsters they kill?
>>
>>44668658
Absolutely. Granted, there's a heavy emphasis on food in the setting, so I dunno if it counts.
>>
File: anna.jpg (112KB, 623x627px) Image search: [Google]
anna.jpg
112KB, 623x627px
>>44668658
>me when a player says he wants to take pieces from a monster corpse because it might be useful for survival stuff like rope, clothing, meat etc. when we're playing fucking 3.5 where a fighter can jump down a mountain and a wizard can phase into another plane of existence
>>
File: Food.jpg (2MB, 2247x1623px) Image search: [Google]
Food.jpg
2MB, 2247x1623px
Should there be side effects for eating certain creatures (like demons or dragons)?
>>
File: akGmX6V.jpg (163KB, 467x750px) Image search: [Google]
akGmX6V.jpg
163KB, 467x750px
>>44668658
Better question is, do your characters eat the people they kill?
>>
>>44668658

My wild elf barbarian would eat monsters, beasts and humanoids raw, much to the disgust of her companions. Nothing like crunching bone, ripping sinew and tearing flesh with bare teeth to put your friends at ease.
>>
>>44669013
For dragons i guess you get to be a sorcerer after eating it and maybe get a Con/Str boost after eating enough dragon hearts.
>>
I played a Seascared Barbarian. I ate everything that wasn't bolted down.

As a side note. Nothing starts off an interrogation quite like a prisoner coming to consciousness in a room with a shark monster eating the bodies of his friends and loved ones.
>>
>>44669129
Do Bards get a Cha boost after eating enough dragon dicks?
>>
>>44668658
Now I've got a real hankering for a chef RPG. I remember here being a really awesome copypasta about defeating the thirteen legendary cooks or something kicking around here.
>>
>>44669013
Cooking skill should not only give access to higher quality dishes but also come with knowledge about ingredients. Except for exotic things for which the standard tomes not account for. Books about toxicity of ingredients the parties find in a given are are always of the highest price on the market. The tavern cooks keep the secrets in order to drive a harder bargain with travelers. Also adds more importance to rations.
>>
Yes, in fact the party just skinned and quartered up a death dog. I have no idea why
>>
>>44669013
Ideally both a drawback and a bonus. Maybe eating demons will gradually warp you, giving you demonic features and physical enhancement, but also subtly corrupting your mind and forming an intense addiction to demonflesh that gains greater and greater influence over you and your decisions.
>>
>>44669055
Yes.

But only one of them. The Barbarian in my current epic level all-Evil campaign has made inventive man-eating one of his main pastimes.
>>
Get off 4chan Laius.
>>
>>44668658
Of course. Are you aware how shit trail rations are? It's like chewing on tree bark made of nails. Fuck that. Some seared hare sounds delicious, along with those pea croquettes.

And I know what you're thinking, cook fires attract monsters. Fuck them and fuck you. I will kill a fucker who tries to touch my croquettes. You fuck.
>>
>>44668658

No, but our barbarian loves eating smaller monsters whenever she gets the chance, the pixies put a fuckhuge bounty on her head cause of this
>>
File: 1447478896352.png (151KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447478896352.png
151KB, 421x500px
>>44669490
shit nigga calm down
>>
>>44669490
>cook fires attract monsters
>kill monsters
>cook monsters
>attract monsters
It's the delicious, murdery circle of life.
>>
>>44669013
Tour reminder that Dragon's Crown is coming to Steam soon.
>>
>>44669617
The smell of blood also either scares off or attracts more, though corpse-eaters aren't really edible.
>>
>>44669555
>>44669617
I don't know about you, but I didn't become an adventurer/all around cool guy hero to sleep on shitty, flea-ridden bed rolls and eat rations that could only generously be called meat and double as daggers. Only the best.
>>
File: 1357999750828.gif (237KB, 200x228px) Image search: [Google]
1357999750828.gif
237KB, 200x228px
>>44669651
wait what
WAIT WHAT
>>
>>44668658
No. They aren't bags of holding, they can't all the shit they kill.
>>
>>44671072
Yes. Next few weeks, I believe.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.