[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anima: Beyond Fantasy General - /abfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: tAG_135417.jpg (68KB, 790x404px) Image search: [Google]
tAG_135417.jpg
68KB, 790x404px
First(?) Edition

[Describe Anima here]

>Books
https://mega.nz/#F!pZhBUS7L!Dqg24lVzifA23q2qNan3nQ

What is the best faction and why is it Black Sun?
>>
File: 1451714909005.jpg (159KB, 665x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1451714909005.jpg
159KB, 665x1200px
Art bump
>>
>>44632882
Damn, who the artist is for that pic needs to revisit their human anatomy basics.

Appears not to know how to draw boobs front-viewed. Made the hips and ass somehow 7 inches lower than the bottom of the pelvis, as well as thighs that are individually thicker than the midriff.

Oh, and because of the obligatory bust of the breasts, they compensated by making the chest expand outwards, but didn't change the shoulder width, making it seem as if perhaps she doesn't have armpits. The sockets simply meld straight into rib cage.

Where did you get this stuff?!
>>
>>44632882
Okay, so two of my Friends who have never met each other are into Anima, I know very little about it, and I have read the books, but between translation issues and standard rpg layout madness, I got lost during character creation.

Is there a straightforward summary of how to play / run Anima? If not, could (Would) someone scratch one up here?
>>
Anybody got an OCR version of Gaia 2? I don't want to have to type all this shit into Google Translate.
>>
>>44639788
>>
>>44638265

>Artist autism
>>
>>44640090
>4chan autism
>>
>>44632882
do all the illustrations of that game look like they've been drawn by a kid and painted by a deviantart user?
>>
>>44640071
This is awesome, Thank you.
>>
>>44640236
To be fair, one of the lead artists is a DeviantArt user.

Admittedly, he's improved over the years. Also, I think the OP image is fanart, but I'm not sure.

>>44632882
Do you guys ever actually use Gaia as a setting? I like it, but it seems a bit like there's just too much going on, like the characters are just little specks in a much larger scheme. I find it hard to actually find and plan anything worthwhile, either in the scope of one-off missions or actual questlines/campaigns.
>>
>>44640658
>like the characters are just little specks in a much larger scheme.
I think that's the point. Starting characters are almost completely unimportant, and it's only through their actions that they become important enough to be noticed by the powers that be.
>>
>>44640676
That's fine and all and I do like that, but it almost makes it feel like anything the PCs do would amount to fuck all, or get caught in a few well-placed ruts.

It feels a little constricting in some ways.
>>
>>44640715
The players just need to be smart. There are ways of increasing your influence and power without pissing off every groups under the sun.
>>
>>44640658
>like the characters are just little specks in a much larger scheme.
I'm fine with that. I'm not particularly fond of settings or systems that make out the PCs as some grand heroes that are bound to end up in grand conflicts with the world at stake. Playing as a rag-tag of freaks going around on a wide variety of adventures and getting involved in dozens of small-scale but personal stories is a lot more fun.
>>
>>44632882
The selection of books leave me a little disoriented. What are the "essentials"? I don't want to play with everything right from the start but oftentimes systems have a few books that are regarded necessary by plenty of players, so I wanted to ask if that is the case here, too. Downloaded Core Rulebook, GM tools and screen for now.
>>
>>44641466
Theoretically, the core should be all you need.

Dominus Exxet is more Ki-based stuff.
Arcana Exxet is more magic-based stuff.
Prometheum Exxet is the magic items book, but the English translation is notoriously terrible.
Those Who Walked Amongst Us is a bestiary, with some new combat mechanics in the back.
Gaia Volume 1 is a setting book, with an untranslated second volume.
Core Exxet is the second edition, but it's currently untranslated.
>>
>>44641512
Thanks! This is tremendously helpful.
>>
>>44641466
Core Rulebook is a must. Also pick up a copy of the Core Exxet's magic rules (particularly the spell list for the new versions of the Core's Spells) and Dominus Exxet, as both of those have vastly improved mechanics behind Magic and Ki (respectively). That's really all you absolutely NEED, and frankly the latter two you only need some parts of. You can still run a decent game with just the Core.

If you want to give your players a few more Psychic Disciplines to work with, there's a few in the back of the Arcana Exxet that are pretty decent.

The Promethum Exxet, while a good book that offers nice rules changes for Artifacts, can be ignored.

Those Who Walked Among Us is a good Monster Manual, and it also contains expansions on the monster creation rules.

Beyond the Dreams is only really useful if you want to use the native setting. If you plan to use your own setting you can ignore this book wholesale until you're ready for it.

GM's toolkit is useful, but only if you're running dry on campaign ideas or want to give your players access to more Disadvantages/Advantages. Damned is a personal favorite of mine for NPCs (you are cursed to do this one thing that happens to be the thing you are meant to do in the plot). There's also a few combat upgrades in there.
>>
>>44641525
My recommendation is to pull them all, then have a flick through (or at least read the backs of) all of them and see what you like. Dominus Exxet, for instance, has rules that let you use thrown roses as deadly weapons.

Definitely stick with the core for the first game, though, maybe bringing the Core Exxet changes in.
>>
>>44640191
He is right.
Who gives a shit about such minor details?
>>
Black Sun a shit. A SHIT.
CHURCH STRONG.
ELIZABETH BARBADOS IS NOT MY POPE.

>Anima general
Why you'd do that anon? It's good in small doses.
>>
>>44640760
>Not pissing off everyone under the sun
Do you even grand scheme?
>>
>>44632882
>First?
I think we've had one or two before, but they usually struggle to reach autosage.
>books
Saint and a scholar, anon.
>Best Faction
>Black Sun
Umbrella corporation? No. Having all these shiny magic items for sale at reasonable prices is no excuse for the rampant and irresponsible necromantic shenanigans they get up to. Fucks sake, they have the RE1 Mansion(In Alberria) AND Raccoon City(in Dwanholf).

Best faction Tol Rauko, Wissenschaft, or, in some weird cases, Inquisition.
Tol Rauko for trying to keep the supernatural things both alive and NOT wrecking whole populations, but not for the way they "save" the supernatural creatures.
Wissenschaft for pursuing advancement, but not for their morally grey research methods.
Inquisition for wanting to protect humanity from the supernatural gribblies, but NOT for DEUS VULT EXTERMINATUSing everything that's not a mundane Christian human being. Props to the one inquisitor who's raising a Daimah child, though.
>>
>>44640658
My players are currently in Paradis Paradis, so yes. I've also had them do the "Fin Island" bit from TWWAU, but made it a three way kaiju fight they had to run from because ABEL CHRIST MILE-LONG DRAGONS!, and have them slated to deal with the Skuling clan, and maybe the Princess of Alberria's secret.

>>44642128
Omega was here, Abel a shit.

>>44642159
>laughingBarnabus.crystalprojection
>>
File: 100% holy 100% symmetric.png (79KB, 171x197px) Image search: [Google]
100% holy 100% symmetric.png
79KB, 171x197px
>>44643300
>Abel a shit
>>
Does anyone have a homebrew verison of Ophiucos, that doesn't suck? Not only does it have stupidly high requirements to use, it's garbage when you do actually get to use it.
>>
File: Problem, Christians.jpg (330KB, 570x855px) Image search: [Google]
Problem, Christians.jpg
330KB, 570x855px
>>44643419
You sound upset.
Romeo seems like a chill dude, in all seriousness.
>>
>>44643445
Maybe increase the limit on the number of swords up to 100? Have the option to either roll d100 standard damage on the AoE, or d10 triple damage?
>>
>>44643527
He has the "interesting guy" advantage, but I feel he's interesting like a dictator and being 100% ruthless.

Also, IF gates of memories prelude is canon, he's gone full el presidente (since he calls himself the leader of the order of Nathaniel, which he is not) and might have done something with Elianai.
>>
>>44643445
Allow them to pay like 3-5p of ki to secure an attack onto of the d10.
>>
>>44643630
Well that changes things, then. Seems like the only one who isn't completely batshit or a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in falafel(Lucanor), is Thaddeus the Raddeus.
And maybe September, but he's too busy fucking.
>>
>>44643755
He IS the bad side of the light spectrum.

What do you know about september anon?
>>
>>44643804
Hang on, wrong guy. Was thinking Tiamat.
>>
>>44643875
>Tiamat and Lilith
Every single day I wonder who the fuck did the celestial lions try-outs. Did he get tired after Kisidan and Griever and got his sidefucks?
>>
>>44643904
Who knows. I just know that the Empress should tell Kisidan that he needs to step the fuck up and admit his feelings to Lilith. Fuck, man. You can be at the Empress' side in a LITERAL INSTANT because IMPERIUM TECH, it's okay to ask the foxy-as-fuck Light Warlock with huge tats out on a damned date.
>>
>>44643978
He's in a constant state of fear because Barnabas doesn't talk to him, and that could mean at any given moment he finds a squad in his room and beat the shit out of him.
>>
>>44643978
Assuming we're talking about Elisabetta, she'd probably not want to tell him to do shit until she gets over her own crush on Nemesis. She seems like that kind of person.

Then again, this IS the same kid that joined a rebellion against her own country because she figured "eh we'll fix it in post".
>>
>>44644121
And the same kid that said "yeah, being atheist on the HOLY SACRED EMPIRE OF ABEL is ok".
>>
>>44644039
Buddy and I have our own conspiracy theory on that.
By saving Elisabeta, Kisidan threw a monkeywrench into some plan Barnabus had brewing. But how would having one kid alive screw the entire plan?
Unless she's a descendant/reincarnation of someone powerful, like, say Rah. Then it makes sense, because she might be able to buttfuck whatever plan Barny has - like drawing Omega out and getting Longinus back.
Also, Empress has fifty Elan with all but THREE Shajads and Beryls, and is seen as a major piece in a lot of puzzles. So say she dies. Suddenly, eleven Beryls and Shajads become REAL interested in what is going on, send their draconic reps. Imperium kills those, steals their gnosis. Beryls and Shajads, pissed over that, come stepping in to lay some smack down, get curb-stomped by wielder of ULTIMATEGODKILLERBLADE, that gnosis gets nommed, Now C`iel and Gaira are vulnerable.
Victory Barnabus.
>>
>>44644196
>Destine says that ELISABETH DIES.
>She doesn't
>Barnabas wants to screw the destine and god-like entities since they hold too much power
>Destine is the thing that holds the most power
>Elisabeth is proof that destine can be broken
It makes sense. it all makes sense.
>>
>>44644255
I'm not sure how that makes sense.
I think I need a flowchart of NPC logic at this point.
>>
File: dereck_shezard.jpg (289KB, 1524x1536px) Image search: [Google]
dereck_shezard.jpg
289KB, 1524x1536px
anyone ever played anima tactics? i got a demo game on a convention once and i have some mini's just for painting, never seen someone actually playing the game tough
>>
>>44644435
It's Baranbas, that's all the logic you need.
>>44644528
I would like to. Mostly because Wissenschaft Magitech Exoskeletons.
>>
>>44644528
Didn't play Tactics, but I played the card game with a friend. It was a poorly-explained mess, and even once we got everything figured out it was clunky and overall pretty terrible.
>>
>>44644528
I did. It was OK. Fun with friends and pretty easy, but nothing you'd call competitive.

>>44644435
Barnabas logic is basically ass-backwards schemes upon schemes that look like a Saturday morning cartoon. They're that way because it's sightly more funny, and because he has to do everything in loop-holes in laws and similar things he had to sign (non-interaction) and in secret not to alert c'iel and gaira of his fuckery.

Basically:
Imperium HAET powerful things (C'iel Gaira)
Elisabeth was supposed to die.
Kisidan kills her father breaking the chain of destiny.
This makes barnabas interested and every beryl and shajad too.

So, in his style of assbackwards plan:
>Since Elisabeth is proof that someone can change destiny he uses this to break destine and kill c'iel and gaira and other meta-beings that annoy him.

It's like why he didn't nuke Omega into fine paste. He wants him to exist, so he can release him someday, make him go 'zerk and start killing people since with a soul pilar he snowballs and whenever he wants send his OWN pilar to kill him, making him go hypermode and kill c'iel and gaira (or fuck them up good).
>>
>>44644864
Barnabas' plans are so labyrinthine, he probably has plans for when his plans fail, and plans for when those plans fail and plansMybrainhasdividedbyzero.
Justo como se planeo.
>>
>>44645068
No, no.
Let me explain.
His plan depends on that you know his other plan is and stop it, hence making him pretend to start his other-other plan that is the contingency plan for his other plan fails so he can execute his original plan (which is made on someone stopping his other plan and then pretending to do his other other plan), basically meaning when you where under the impression that all of this wasn't planned?
>>
>>44644657
was there a cardgame? i'm mostly a minatures painter, i picked them up at a games wholesale company were is was working then, mostly because i liked the style. we also had the rpg books, so pretty...

>>44644864
maybe i will give it a go then, i'm almost sure there must be a dark faction starterbox, wich contains the mini rulebook, somewhere in my unpainted lead/plastic closet
>>
>>44645133
So your saying he's one of the dudes who gets together with GEOM, Tzeentch, and Eldrad for their Paradox Poker games, when he's not sitting in a room and muttering "Just as planned" over and over to himself.
>>
>>44645133
So he knows you know that he knew you knew that he knew you knew that he knew you knew that he knew you knew that he knew you knew that he knew you knew that he knew you knew that he knew you knew that he knew you knew that he knew you knew that he knew you knew that he would cheat.

Got it.
>>
>>44645300
And now you know.
And must be eliminated
>>
>>44645189
Cardgame was awful. Only fun things where laughing at fuck ups like female picture on male card.

Up to you really, game is cheap but pretty simple (charge=win 99% of the time)
>>
>>44644864
You're forgetting one thing, anon.
PCs are destiny breakers, too.
>>
>>44646604
That's why (depending on DM) PCs can be a huge deal universe-wise.
>>
>>44647336
And kinda why I like the varying levels of point-buy method of chargen the most.
>PCs have high chance of fighting Satan? 65
>PC's are farmers? 45
>Rest is in between.
>>
>>44647518
>Not starting as a farmer
>Not finishing ending c'iel, gaira and imperium after tricking them to death
>When asked why just answering "fuckers collaterally burned my crops"
>>
>>44647707
My players are not that clever.
Neither am I, desu
>>
>>44647780
Didn't realize the contraction of "to be honest" was on the list.
>>
>>44641713
Very disingenuous.
>Anybody who takes issue with something I like must be revealing his autistic nature.
>Who gives a shit about minor details?
Plenty of people give a shit, and some of them don't consider them minor details, either.

It's strong-arming a conversation to try and force your personal opinion onto other people, and then depreciate anybody who might disagree by saying they are the one and only idiot. A child might fare better as an opponent in your argument.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.