[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AdMech's Necron obsession

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (910KB, 1301x1757px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
910KB, 1301x1757px
I was around at the end of 2nd edition and 3rd edition when Oldcrons came out and the C'Tan got shoehorned into everything. That wasn't cool, except (imo) for the Void Dragon hinted as being on Mars, with a fleet of small Necron ships making a suicide run at the red planet and one succeeding in crash landing.

The codex didn't reveal much about the Necrons or their motivations, but it did spend a lot of time talking about members of the Adeptus Mechanicus being obsessed with (practically in love with) the Necrons. It's the one thing I miss about Oldcrons.

Has any recent fluff maintained that link? It was great to see them on the verge of switching sides (though the new side would generally just kill them).
>>
IMO that's the bit where the shoehorning got a bit too much. Having the AM being very interested in the necrons, sure, but suddenly having that big a player on the brink of defection was pushing it.
>>
>>44608722
the admech would never leave the imperium because they get to much support from it
>>
>>44608539
>Shoehorn shoehorn

Fuck off. I bit if it was Chaos you would be sucking it off. Hypocritical wankers.

>The codex didn't reveal much about the Necrons or their motivations,

You must be blind because the codex explained their motivation clearly. You should read carefully next time. Their motivation i enslaving all life and restoring the C'tan Empire of Destruction.

To answer you question OP. Yes, the Void Dragon and a lot of Oldcron lore has been referenced in recent fluff.

You should read the short story "Infinite Circuit" and McNeil's Admech trilogy.
>>
>>44608539
The best piece of fluff on this is where a tech priest expedition unsealed a Necron tomb and retreats, leaving one magos inside with an equally curious Necron.
>>
File: 1301761410716.jpg (238KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1301761410716.jpg
238KB, 1024x1448px
>>44609455
>>44608722
>>44608539
>>44609592
I'm pretty sure half the priest on Mars are Necrons. They just go around pretending to be humans. The thing is that I don't think they know that half the people they meet are necrons. So you have a room full of necrons pretending to be humans so that the other necrons don't find out you are a necron or they set the humans on you to draw attention from their own necron nature..
>>
File: img446619f807556.jpg (132KB, 599x2665px) Image search: [Google]
img446619f807556.jpg
132KB, 599x2665px
>>44608539
From what I've seen, it's more or less BL only now.

>>44608722
>>44609455
To be fair, it's not like it was the whole of the Mechanicus. The codex emphasised a range of reactions different members would exhibit towards the crons.

>>44609584
>I bit if it was Chaos you would be sucking it off.

Well, you certainly would, Carnac.

>>44609592
If it's a comic, that one's actually about Men of Iron (yeah, Men of Iron actually showing up in something).
>>
File: Bel.jpg (333KB, 640x940px) Image search: [Google]
Bel.jpg
333KB, 640x940px
>>44609755
>Well, you certainly would, Carnac.

Only if it was certain someone one.

>From what I've seen, it's more or less BL only now.

The events of the Admech series and its characters are mentioned in the Admech codex.

So it's GW as well, technically
>>
>>44609745
they're cyborgs which the allows the void dragon to feast on their souls I think
>>44609755
99.999% of the mechanus don't realize the omnisiah is the void dragon the other 0.001% do and the form a group know as the cult of the dragon
>>
>>44608539
I really like this connection. And necrons are pretty much the Admech's goal right? A transfer of conciousness to a mechanical body right? Thus immorrtality and "forevernes" Necrons could even be ancient humans...

Civilisation on Terra millions of years before humans as we know were there had developed and had to leave to colonise space because terra had become too poluted and becae necrons..human life evolved on earth again after they left?
>>
>>44611939
It wasn't Terra.
>>
>>44613105
how do you know?
>>
>>44611939
no, but they hint that necrons visited earth in the ancient past and humans copied some of their technology (all the people making pyramids etc.)
>>
>>44613294
Our sun isn't as deadly as theirs seemed to be.
>>
File: Secret Necron.jpg (66KB, 670x1191px) Image search: [Google]
Secret Necron.jpg
66KB, 670x1191px
>>44614713
oh?
>>
>>44614713
but niggers built the pyramids n shieeet
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.